Selling medication is not offered

Columbia (closed)
5450 Knoll North Drive
Columbia, MD 21045
571-789-2100

After being at a large clinic where I was most definitely just a number, moving to Dr. Moragianni was truly a blessing. I saw her at every visit, she made all of the phone calls herself, she got me results I could only dream of. Though I never got to have my success with her, I truly believe that is only because she left the clinic before it happened...She was willing to change course when things didn't initially work as we planned.
[CCRM is] Personable, clean. You always see a doctor and you never feel like a number. My only complaint would be that my wonderful doctor left, and the communication surrounding the departure was a little odd...After being at a large clinic where I was most definitely just a number, moving to Dr. Moragianni was truly a blessing. I saw her at every visit, she made all of the phone calls herself...
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is willing to answer anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Easier to quantify.
Describe the protocols Vasiliki Moragianni used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
She was willing to change course when things didn't initially work as we planned. She also listened to my ideas, researched them, and implemented them when appropriate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Alicia)
Easy to get in touch with and thoroughly answered my questions
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia.
More expensive than the other large clinic I went to
Vienna
He [Dr. Mark Payson] is competitive and ambitious in a good way. We were dealing with unexplained infertility. When he reviewed my records from my previous clinic, he honestly told me that he had never seen a protocol like what they had put me on there, and why that protocol concerned him. Every time I went on stims, I responded very quickly in my E2 levels. Dr. Payson diligently monitored me personally to ensure that my levels would be at an appropriate level. He was very good at answering questions, and I always felt like I was in very good hands. Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job.
I felt like my care under Dr. Payson at CCRM was incredibly thoughtful and skillful. My nurse gave me her cell phone number and was always happy to answer my questions via text message...Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job...He won't give you false hope or tell you things just to make you feel better. I appreciated his candor and honest assessment, but if you need a very, very soft touch, you may find it off-putting.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Payson is a very skilled doctor. He is competitive and ambitious in a good way. We were dealing with unexplained infertility. When he reviewed my records from my previous clinic, he honestly told me that he had never seen a protocol like what they had put me on there, and why that protocol concerned him. Every time I went on stims, I responded very quickly in my E2 levels. Dr. Payson diligently monitored me personally to ensure that my levels would be at an appropriate level. He was very good at answering questions, and I always felt like I was in very good hands. Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
I felt like my care under Dr. Payson at CCRM was incredibly thoughtful and skillful. My nurse gave me her cell phone number and was always happy to answer my questions via text message. Dr. Payson really looked at my case as an individual, and was honest but optimistic in his assessment. I went in 4 or 5 days in a row during stims for monitoring and saw Dr. Payson each time because getting my stim dose right was tricky, but he was determined. I felt like he really cared about ensuring our success, but didn't over promise. Ultimately, he opened up the clinic just for me to do a Sunday egg retrieval because he thought that would be in my best interest.
Mark Payson

Dr. Moragianni gave intelligent explanations and was friendly. Success rates for CCRM Northern Virginia were never provided. Specifics regarding ovarian reserve were not discussed thoroughly. The doctor’s evaluation notes were not available until reports were requested...Ask if all tests would be performed by Dr. Moragianni or by another doctor. Dr. Payson’s evaluations proved to be inaccurate...Weeks after initial tests, a nurse emailed instead of calling to schedule a follow up appointment. Medication was prescribed prior to completing further evaluations which proved to be inaccurate results. Reports were not available until requested.
It was difficult to get results from CCRM Northern Virginia. Reports were not in the secure patient portal. Nurses were not available or easily accessible. Front desk administrative staff was responsible for medical records...Dr. Moragianni gave intelligent explanations and was friendly. Success rates for CCRM Northern Virginia were never provided. Specifics regarding ovarian reserve were not discussed thoroughly. The doctor’s evaluation notes were not available until reports were requested...Nurses returned calls after leaving a message. Reports were not available in the patient portal until requested. New Patient Advice
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
CCRM Northern Virginia is a clean office. There is a wait time for scheduled appointments. Nurses do not discuss what is expected at the beginning of the visit. Front desk administrative staff give most of the information. Doctors are not easily accessible although a response is received after messages are fielded.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia.
2020, Consult
Dr. Owen was fantastic. So far, she’s been very warm, thorough and compassionate. She’s been straightforward but reassuring and has explained the process extremely well. We are just getting started on our journey, but she’s making it as smooth as possible... is open and a good communicator. She is invested in our journey and wants us to succeed. She is relaxed and patient, especially as this is our first experience. We always feel listened to, and we never feel rushed. Dr. Owen has the experience to reassure us as we continue through this process.
All of the nurses [at CCRM Northern Virginia] have been warm and compassionate, have been understanding. Many of them have done the testing I’m undergoing, which is comforting...The clinic is clean, modern, peaceful. It has a private parking garage, which is nice. As with any doctor’s office, there have been a few times where there was a bit of a wait, but once you are meeting with people, they never rush you.
How was your experience with Carter Owen at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Owen is open and a good communicator. She is invested in our journey and wants us to succeed. She is relaxed and patient, especially as this is our first experience. We always feel listened to, and we never feel rushed. Dr. Owen has the experience to reassure us as we continue through this process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carter Owen at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Be open and honest about your expectations and frustrations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carter Owen at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Describe the protocols Carter Owen used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
We haven’t gone through any cycles yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Northern Virginia.
All of the nurses have been warm and compassionate, have been understanding. Many of them have done the testing I’m undergoing, which is comforting.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carter Owen at CCRM Northern Virginia.
N/A yet
Describe Carter Owen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
We have not reached that point yet.
Carter Owen
Vienna

We didn't have the opportunity to work with him [Dr. Mark Payson] as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens...He was very thorough and knowledgeable...we weren't very far into any specific process...I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
She [nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia - Vienna] left not long after we started. We were assigned another but we haven't had much interaction with her...We didn't have the opportunity to work with him [Dr. Mark Payspn] as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens...He was very thorough and knowledgeable...we weren't very far into any specific process...I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
We didn't have the opportunity to work with him as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens. I'm currently looking into a fertility clinic in Barbados.
Do your homework; understand that no matter who your doctor is you may not get the answer or results you want and be ready to spend a lot of money on tests.
It's been a while, however I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
Describe the protocols Mark Payson used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
He was very thorough and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
She left not long after we started. We were assigned another but we haven't had much interaction with her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I don't really have anything else to add as we weren't very far into any specific process. I always recommend looking at various reviews before choosing a doctor for a process as intimate as this. Also be sure to have a strong and sympathetic/empathetic support system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe Mark Payson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia.

Investor
[Dr. Vasiliki Moragianni] was interested, enthusiastic and had a fun, positive attitude that put all parties at ease...was an excellent doctor, both from a professional and a personal perspective - she made us feel at ease despite living abroad and gave a personalised service and personally called me to tell me the outcome of the genetic testing of the embryos. In addition our surrogate and her partner both gave glowing feedback to how comfortable she made them feel.
Jennifer [nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia] was a fantastic co-ordinator - we couldn't wish for better. Such a friendly and helpful manner, organised and a very strong communicator - thank you!...It [Eset] was clearly explained...Our surrogate and her partner reported that the facilities at the clinic were first class and the team were fantastic across the board. They mentioned that the atmosphere during the embryo transfer was jovial yet professional and they were very accommodating to us - allowing us to Skype in to the transfer.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Vasiliki Morigianni was an excellent doctor, both from a professional and a personal perspective - she made us feel at ease despite living abroad and gave a personalised service and personally called me to tell me the outcome of the genetic testing of the embryos. In addition our surrogate and her partner both gave glowing feedback to how comfortable she made them feel.
Trust her!
Dr Moragianni was interested, enthusiastic and had a fun, positive attitude that put all parties at ease.
Not sure - most protocols were experienced by our surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Machinova)
Jennifer was a fantastic co-ordinator - we couldn't wish for better. Such a friendly and helpful manner, organised and a very strong communicator - thank you!
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe Vasiliki Moragianni's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
It was clearly explained.

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Payson is not only a very good doctor but also a very nice person. I always have many questions for him in each appointment and Dr. Payson always listens to me and answers every single question. When I am worried about something related to my treatments, he tries to help me feel better...He also remembers my case every time I see him. He is kind and patient.
This [CCRM N. Virginia] clinic is very well organized. The nurses, embryologists, and all the other staff members are very professional and kind. I have always felt that they really want my treatments to be successful...Dr. Payson always listens to me and answers every single question. When I am worried about something related to my treatments, he tries to help me feel better.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Payson is a nice doctor, so ask him all the questions you have.
Doctor Payson always listens carefully to all my questions. He also remembers my case every time I see him. He is kind and patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia.
My nurse was very organized and answered all my questions very fast.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
This clinic is very well organized. The nurses, embryologists, and all the other staff members are very professional and kind. I have always felt that they really want my treatments to be successful.
Vienna
Jenn [nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia] was magnificent in every sense of the word. She cared for us deeply and she was wonderful...We felt the clinic was great. The staff was all very professional, the clinic was clean and well kept and very open and modern feel and most importantly it has a proven record of success. The nurses and administrative staff were all great too...She [Dr. Vasiliki Moragianni] cares about you and she truly will do her best to help you become parents...She was compassionate, kind, understanding, positive, patient, and warm...was professional, caring, funny, compassionate, thorough, and kind. She went above and beyond to explain everything to us and to help us along the way. She was always available to talk to us and answer all of our questions. She was very straightforward with us and was very communicative along the way.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Moragianni was professional, caring, funny, compassionate, thorough, and kind. She went above and beyond to explain everything to us and to help us along the way. She was always available to talk to us and answer all of our questions. She was very straightforward with us and was very communicative along the way.
Relax and trust her. She cares about you and she truly will do her best to help you become parents.
She was compassionate, kind, understanding, positive, patient, and warm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: jenn)
Jenn was magnificent in every sense of the word. She cared for us deeply and she was wonderful.
2020 - 2021, Successful
Very knowledgeable and thorough. See him at every visit and makes you feel comfortable. Always had a great plan and is very experienced. High recommend Dr. Payson and the CCRM clinic to anyone going through infertility and wanting help...[he] Prefers to transfer single...[new patient advice] Make appts in advance..
[CCRM has a] Great lab and clean office with good location and parking. the phlebotomist is awesome and very uplifting. The office is easily reachable and someone always picks up the phone. I was there when Covid began and they were very agile in working around the new circumstances and had a good process in place for checking Temps and covid tests
Make appts in advance.
Very thorough and caring
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
Great lab and clean office with good location and parking. Mark the phlebotomist is awesome and very uplifting. The office is easily reachable and someone always picks up the phone. I was there when Covid began and they were very agile in working around the new circumstances and had a good process in place for checking Temps and covid tests
Prefers to transfer single

2021, Successful
We were won over with both his [Dr. Payson] candidness of what it would take to get our miracle baby and his willingness to use more aggressive and innovative treatments...Dr. Payson is a straightforward communicator and doesn't beat around the bush, but when we got disappointing results he was very empathetic and turned to discuss next steps and moving forward...
It was so great to have the same nurse [at CCRM Northern Virginia] throughout the process who was familiar with me and my history and treatment plan. She was timely in communicating any changes to my meds/treatment plan...the clinic was easy to get to being right off the beltway and had easy and available parking...it seemed to us that the CCRM lab was top notch and on the forefront of innovative technologies and treatments...
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
We were extremely pleased with Dr. Payson, his treatment plan, bedside manner, and of course the final result from our cycles. We had a very good friend going through fertility treatments the same time as us with a different clinic and doctor. When she got disappointing results, we encouraged her to switch to Dr. Payson and CCRM (which she did) without reservations. We met with several fertility clinics and doctors before deciding to go with Dr. Payson. We were won over with both his candidness of what it would take to get our miracle baby and his willingness to use more aggressive and innovative treatments. I have no doubt we would not have our daughter without Dr. Payson and his aggressive treatment plan with medication and treatments like HGH and calcium ionophore when we did not get result we wanted with our first cycle. Dr. Payson is a straightforward communicator and doesn't beat around the bush, but when we got disappointing results he was very empathetic and turned to discuss next steps and moving forward, which we appreciated. He has has a good sense of humor, which when going through the long and generally not enjoyable process of fertility treatments, was a nice distraction at times. Dr. Payson was very present throughout cycles, performing all my procedures, sharing and explaining all my results, and oftentimes doing my monitoring ultrasounds as well. I distinctly remember in our first meeting and throughout our treatment, Dr. Payson continued to reiterate that he only needed one good embryo to get us our baby. At the time we were definitely skeptical, but as I sit here writing this next to our newborn, Dr. Payson certainly was proven correct!
Be prepared for Dr. Payson to straightforward and candid about you and your treatment plan. But trust that he knows what he is doing and absolutely has your best outcome in mind. And be prepared that this is a journey, so try not to get disappointed after the first round. Dr. Payson is very willing to change course as needed to try for better results for the next cycle.
We were very pleased with the treatment throughout our cycles with CCRM. I loved having a dedicated nurse to reach out to for questions or concerns. It made it easier to have someone who was familiar with me and my treatment plan so I did not need to rehash my history each time. Despite the number of patients at CCRM, everyone from the receptionists to the nurses, techs, and Dr. Payson always made us feel like humans not numbers. They made an effort to get to know us and our individual story, empathize with us when things did not go well, and celebrate with us when they did.
Dr. Payson started us with what I think is a pretty standard regime (Follistim, Menopur, and Clomid) for the first cycle. In the first cycle, they were only able to retrieve 4 eggs, with only 1 developing to a Day 7 embryo that ended up not being genetically normal. For the subsequent cycle, Dr. Payson added in HGH to help increase egg quality. Given our embryos were also slow to develop, he also added in calcium ionophore after fertilization to help more embryos develop and more quickly. The second cycle gave us 2 embryos, one of which was genetically normal and went on to become our daughter after a frozen transfer. I also appreciate that the CCRM lab routinely waits until Day 7 for the embryos to develop. While not used as often given they have a lower likelihood of begin success, most of our embryos were Day 7, including the one leading to our daughter. I would encourage those who only have Day 7 embryos to not be discouraged and use our experience as an example of a successful transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia.
I was incredibly pleased with our primary nurse that we had throughout the IVF process. She was very helpful in explaining the process and helping to answer any and all questions, no matter how little or silly they may seem. It was so great to have the same nurse throughout the process who was familiar with me and my history and treatment plan. She was timely in communicating any changes to my meds/treatment plan. I only wish I had been able to meet and thank her in person as all our communications were online/on the phone. My favorite memory was after I had bleeding very early after the transfer, CCRM was able to get me in early for an HCG test and it was my primary nurse who called and gave me the news that my HCG had tripled and the bleeding was likely implantation. She told me she was so excited to be able to give me the news and it was lovely to be able to celebrate good news with her - again underlining how CCRM made me feel like a human rather than a number.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I was very pleased with the clinic from start to finish. The facilities were top quality from the monitoring/ultrasound room to the retrieval OR, recovery rooms, and transfer room. It may seem small but given all the time you spend in the clinic, it was very nice to have a nice environment. Living in DC, I was concerned about driving out to Vienna for all the appointments. I will say the clinic was easy to get to being right off the beltway and had easy and available parking. I was also very impressed with the clinic's lab. I understand that the lab can have a lot to do with the overall success of IVF and it seemed to us that the CCRM lab was top notch and on the forefront of innovative technologies and treatments.
CCRM was not the cheapest option, but was in the ballpark of the other clinics we explored. And we were looking for successful results rather than the most economical option. Our costs were approximately $52,000 for three retrievals and the frozen transfer cycle and $15,000 for associated medications for all the cycles.
Dr. Payson was quite clear from the beginning that he would only transfer one embryo at a time and also heavily encouraged us to have our embryos PGT-A tested so we would ensure we were transferring only genetically normal embryos. He explained his rationale for both and we had no concerns with this approach.
Vienna

[Dr. Vasiliki Moragianni is] phenomenal and made things so easy for us...We were clueless about everything IVF related when we met Dr. Moragianni. She eased our concerns, answered all of our questions, and really made this process as easy as it could be. She is friendly, funny, welcoming, compassionate, intelligent, honest, and all around one of the best doctors we have seen... I HIGHLY recommend CCRM and Dr. Moragianni, from our initial meeting to graduating IVF, everything was exceptional!
The staff [at CCRM Northern Virginia] was EXCELLENT. All the little details from knowing our names when we walked in, to answering our questions, and really making it easy to understand the steps...They have all the strengths. The staff and clinic was extremely professional, clean, and really went through the journey with us. Celebrating every step, and encouraging us at each appointment. They were extremely friendly and you could just tell that they have a wonderful work environment because everyone was always smiling and getting along.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
There's aren't enough words to express how grateful we are for Dr. Moragianni and the staff at CCRM. We were clueless about everything IVF related when we met Dr. Moragianni. She eased our concerns, answered all of our questions, and really made this process as easy as it could be. She is friendly, funny, welcoming, compassionate, intelligent, honest, and all around one of the best doctors we have seen. I HIGHLY recommend CCRM and Dr. Moragianni, from our initial meeting to graduating IVF, everything was exceptional!
She's phenomenal and made things so easy for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen then Alicia)
The staff was EXCELLENT. All the little details from knowing our names when we walked in, to answering our questions, and really making it easy to understand the steps