Selling medication is not offered

Vienna, VA 22182
Columbia (closed)
5450 Knoll North Drive
Columbia, MD 21045

I traveled across a few states to see Dr. Moragianni...I had read reviews that indicated that she had helped people with failed transfers. I appreciated that she had fully reviewed our case when we met with her for the first time. She had ideas of what to do differently and that gave me hope. While she had her own opinions on what we should do, she did allow me to direct my own treatment in certain ways (ex: to forgo ICSI).
CCRM Virginia is the clinic that gave us our child, so of course we recommend them. Their embryology staff is amazing...Jen Butler-Symonds was the best nurse I could have asked for; however, our start with CCRM was a nightmare...I think that they have replaced some staff at this point and I would hope that the initial experience has improved.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
I traveled across a few states to see Dr. Moragianni because I had 2 failed transfers at a previous clinic and I had read reviews that indicated that she had helped people with failed transfers. I appreciated that she had fully reviewed our case when we met with her for the first time. She had ideas of what to do differently and that gave me hope. While she had her own opinions on what we should do, she did allow me to direct my own treatment in certain ways (ex: to forgo ICSI).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Trust her. She knows what she's doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
She actually reviewed our history and had thoughts about our treatment when we met with her.
Describe the protocols Vasiliki Moragianni used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
For the egg retrieval I believe we just used a standard protocol. I do remember that she did not have me use Omnitrope as I had at a previous clinic. We had 2 failed transfers with medicated cycles and Dr. M suggested transferring in a natural cycle since I have unexplained infertility and my cycles were regular. We used a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Butler-Symonds)
We ended up in the care of Jen (Butler-Symonds) who was incredible and with whom we are still in touch. She always made herself available to us, communicated when the clinic front desk or other nurses failed to do so, was reassuring, caring, professional. I can't say enough good things about her. That being said, we initially were assigned a nurse who never communicated with us and we were confused as to who we were actually assigned to. Jen had to take over from the ball being dropped multiple times.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
CCRM Virginia is the clinic that gave us our child, so of course we recommend them. Their embryology staff is amazing (although I believe the director has now moved to a different clinic). We got double the number of normal blastocysts there as we did at a previous clinic. Dr. Moragianni was great, Jen Butler-Symonds was the best nurse I could have asked for; however, our start with CCRM was a nightmare. The intake coordinator never got our records from our past clinic and never followed up with us after our meeting. We had to chase them down to get on their radar. Once we finally got started with treatment, the front desk staff would call without leaving messages so we didn't know who called or why (which is extremely frustrating and nerve-wracking when you're waiting for results etc.) and then the clinic would be closed when we called back and we'd have to wait overnight to find out why they had called. AT first, we didn't know who our nurse was supposed to be and it seemed like they didn't either. It seemed like one hand wasn't talking to another. We had to contact Dr. M directly to explain how frustrating our experience was and tell her that we were planning to go to another clinic because of it. That's when she connected us with Jen and everything changed because we finally had an advocate. I think that they have replaced some staff at this point and I would hope that the initial experience has improved.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Northern Virginia.
I went for monitoring at a different clinic (local to me) since I traveled to go to CCRM.
Describe Vasiliki Moragianni's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
I believe she strongly recommends single embryo transfer.
Vienna
She [Dr. Moragianni] is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and thorough. Did not have a condescending attitude like my previous provider. Made me feel comfortable choosing to go with her and the clinic for IVF. I trust her 100%.... Based on my age and ovarian reserve, I was only given the option to transfer one embryo because the chances of success are so high. I believe this is the right decision for the safety of the mother and potential baby.
The office [CCRM] seems a bit overwhelmed at times and I do not always hear back on the day that I call. Email communication has been great though.... Newer in my area but well established clinic in other areas of the country. Doesn't feel like a baby factory like some of the other clinics near me. Very nice facility with high quality doctors and staff.... Rates are comparable to other clinics in my area. Multiple plans were provided to choose from.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and thorough. Did not have a condescending attitude like my previous provider. Made me feel comfortable choosing to go with her and the clinic for IVF. I trust her 100%.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She is more than happy to provide you all of the treatment information in detail.
She took the time during our first consult to go over everything in detail with us. I did not feel rushed. She is very calm and supportive.
I haven’t started treatment yet but I trust that the plan I’ve been provided will give me the best results compared to other ivf plans from other doctors. I think she chooses the best medications and practices, especially for safety and best possible outcomes. The monitoring will be very frequent and risk of OHSS very little.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen Hanton)
Very supportive and caring. The office seems a bit overwhelmed at times and I do not always hear back on the day that I call. Email communication has been great though.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia.
My insurance doesn’t cover IVF so everything is out of pcket. Rates are comparable to other clinics in my area. Multiple plans were provided to choose from.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Doctor [Dr. Moragianni] was very empathetic. She even cried with my wife...She was available, and attentive to our questions throughout the whole process...My wife ultimately chose to do a “final closure” round with Dr. Moragianni, and even though it was not successful, we both really appreciated her empathy, care, and attention to detail. We ended going the donor route, and had our donor cycle at CCRM VA with Dr. M. We were fortunate that we were successful on the first transfer. Dr. M was very empathetic and scientific with her approach. We wondered about doing an ERA during our cycles, and Dr. M presented the evidence behind it and why she didn’t think it was right in our case, which we really appreciated
We were surprised to found that CCRM had opened a local branch...Communication was often through the portal which sometimes made things difficult...Charts were not always available at appointment time and had to be found which delayed the appointment. This happened a couple times...Clinic is modern and nice. Staff is very nice...The IVF and "medical" facilities are very high tech and modern. The area has accessible parking, and is not too crowded...We strongly recommend Dr. Moragianni and CCRM for IVF care.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
My wife and I had an extremely long, and tough struggle with IVF. After and during multiple rounds at other institutions, we found Dr. Moragianni when we were doing remote monitoring. We were surprised to found that CCRM had opened a local branch. During the local monitoring, my wife was really touched by how empathetic and kind Dr. Moragianni was during our process. My wife ultimately chose to do a “final closure” round with Dr. Moragianni, and even though it was not successful, we both really appreciated her empathy, care, and attention to detail. We ended going the donor route, and had our donor cycle at CCRM VA with Dr. M. We were fortunate that we were successful on the first transfer. Dr. M was very empathetic and scientific with her approach. We wondered about doing an ERA during our cycles, and Dr. M presented the evidence behind it and why she didn’t think it was right in our case, which we really appreciated. She was available, and attentive to our questions throughout the whole process. We strongly recommend Dr. Moragianni and CCRM for IVF care.
She is to the point, and she knows what she is doing
Doctor was very empathetic. She even cried with my wife
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
Clinic is modern and nice. Staff is very nice. There were sometimes when charts had to be found causing delays. The IVF and "medical" facilities are very high tech and modern. The area has accessible parking, and is not too crowded.
She prefers using the least number of eggs with transfer as possible
Vienna

Dr. Moragianni gave intelligent explanations and was friendly. Success rates for CCRM Northern Virginia were never provided. Specifics regarding ovarian reserve were not discussed thoroughly. The doctor’s evaluation notes were not available until reports were requested...Ask if all tests would be performed by Dr. Moragianni or by another doctor. Dr. Payson’s evaluations proved to be inaccurate...Weeks after initial tests, a nurse emailed instead of calling to schedule a follow up appointment. Medication was prescribed prior to completing further evaluations which proved to be inaccurate results. Reports were not available until requested.
It was difficult to get results from CCRM Northern Virginia. Reports were not in the secure patient portal. Nurses were not available or easily accessible. Front desk administrative staff was responsible for medical records...Dr. Moragianni gave intelligent explanations and was friendly. Success rates for CCRM Northern Virginia were never provided. Specifics regarding ovarian reserve were not discussed thoroughly. The doctor’s evaluation notes were not available until reports were requested...Nurses returned calls after leaving a message. Reports were not available in the patient portal until requested. New Patient Advice
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
CCRM Northern Virginia is a clean office. There is a wait time for scheduled appointments. Nurses do not discuss what is expected at the beginning of the visit. Front desk administrative staff give most of the information. Doctors are not easily accessible although a response is received after messages are fielded.

Investor
[Dr. Vasiliki Moragianni] was interested, enthusiastic and had a fun, positive attitude that put all parties at ease...was an excellent doctor, both from a professional and a personal perspective - she made us feel at ease despite living abroad and gave a personalised service and personally called me to tell me the outcome of the genetic testing of the embryos. In addition our surrogate and her partner both gave glowing feedback to how comfortable she made them feel.
Jennifer [nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia] was a fantastic co-ordinator - we couldn't wish for better. Such a friendly and helpful manner, organised and a very strong communicator - thank you!...It [Eset] was clearly explained...Our surrogate and her partner reported that the facilities at the clinic were first class and the team were fantastic across the board. They mentioned that the atmosphere during the embryo transfer was jovial yet professional and they were very accommodating to us - allowing us to Skype in to the transfer.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Vasiliki Morigianni was an excellent doctor, both from a professional and a personal perspective - she made us feel at ease despite living abroad and gave a personalised service and personally called me to tell me the outcome of the genetic testing of the embryos. In addition our surrogate and her partner both gave glowing feedback to how comfortable she made them feel.
Trust her!
Dr Moragianni was interested, enthusiastic and had a fun, positive attitude that put all parties at ease.
Not sure - most protocols were experienced by our surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Machinova)
Jennifer was a fantastic co-ordinator - we couldn't wish for better. Such a friendly and helpful manner, organised and a very strong communicator - thank you!
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
It was clearly explained.
Vienna

We didn't have the opportunity to work with him [Dr. Mark Payson] as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens...He was very thorough and knowledgeable...we weren't very far into any specific process...I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
She [nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia - Vienna] left not long after we started. We were assigned another but we haven't had much interaction with her...We didn't have the opportunity to work with him [Dr. Mark Payspn] as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens...He was very thorough and knowledgeable...we weren't very far into any specific process...I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
We didn't have the opportunity to work with him as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens. I'm currently looking into a fertility clinic in Barbados.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Do your homework; understand that no matter who your doctor is you may not get the answer or results you want and be ready to spend a lot of money on tests.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
It's been a while, however I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
Describe the protocols Mark Payson used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
He was very thorough and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
She left not long after we started. We were assigned another but we haven't had much interaction with her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I don't really have anything else to add as we weren't very far into any specific process. I always recommend looking at various reviews before choosing a doctor for a process as intimate as this. Also be sure to have a strong and sympathetic/empathetic support system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia.
Describe Mark Payson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
Vienna
Jenn [nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia] was magnificent in every sense of the word. She cared for us deeply and she was wonderful...We felt the clinic was great. The staff was all very professional, the clinic was clean and well kept and very open and modern feel and most importantly it has a proven record of success. The nurses and administrative staff were all great too...She [Dr. Vasiliki Moragianni] cares about you and she truly will do her best to help you become parents...She was compassionate, kind, understanding, positive, patient, and warm...was professional, caring, funny, compassionate, thorough, and kind. She went above and beyond to explain everything to us and to help us along the way. She was always available to talk to us and answer all of our questions. She was very straightforward with us and was very communicative along the way.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Moragianni was professional, caring, funny, compassionate, thorough, and kind. She went above and beyond to explain everything to us and to help us along the way. She was always available to talk to us and answer all of our questions. She was very straightforward with us and was very communicative along the way.
Relax and trust her. She cares about you and she truly will do her best to help you become parents.
She was compassionate, kind, understanding, positive, patient, and warm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: jenn)
Jenn was magnificent in every sense of the word. She cared for us deeply and she was wonderful.

Surrogacy With Other Docs
If you have a harder case or unique issues I'd really encourage you to seek out a second opinion here. I have felt in very good hands and like this process was made possible for me because of Dr. Payson and CCRM...This is a very anti cookie cutter type clinic. Also when I was initially offered Follistim but found Gonal-F would be cheaper out of pocket the nurse was quick to allow me to change which was nice.
[Costs at CCRM are] around 18k per cycle cost which includes CCS, additional fees for PGD, initial visit and testing around $1,500... I really think this clinic has some great technology and the lab is really amazing. Their CCS program is really great. And the PGD provider they use is very professional and able to work on harder genetic cases...I think since it's a newer clinic there might be a few kinks to work out, we're using a surrogate so some of this is newer to them and us. But I wouldn't make a big deal of this. Everything even if it has taken time and some conversations to figure out is still very much on track.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
I felt in good hands, and very comfortable with Dr. Payson. He clearly explained his plan for me, and put me in touch with very qualified people that could handle my genetic issues. After having a previous bad experience at another clinic, I really felt at ease with Dr. Payson and CCRM. He explained everything very clearly, and it was obvious that he had taken the time to read my lengthy medical history. He also treated me with compassion and tried to make the process as simple as possible.
After a bad first experience at another clinic I was apprehensive going into this visit. But as soon as I met Dr. Payson I felt at ease. He really took the time to go over my medical history, and look into my genetic concerns. He made calls in advance of my visit to find out if/how he'd be able to help me. I felt a great sense of relief after meeting with him, and he took the time to answer all of my questions. Also did a an in-depth review of my medications and cleared each one, while also speaking to past medication use and how long I'd need to wait to start an IVF cycle.
I felt like the protocols were unique to each patient here and my needs were really taken into account. My AMH was a little low so my protocol was 300 Gonal-F, and 200 Menopur per day. I haven't completed my cycle yet, but things were well explained to me, and if things need to be changed protocol wise I'm confident things will be tweeked. This is a very anti cookie cutter type clinic. Also when I was initially offered Follistim but found Gonal-F would be cheaper out of pocket the nurse was quick to allow me to change which was nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen)
Nurses have been great to work with, they are quick to ask how I'm doing in this process and able to change medications out for cheaper options. Very kind and informative and I've been able to ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I think since it's a newer clinic there might be a few kinks to work out, we're using a surrogate so some of this is newer to them and us. But I wouldn't make a big deal of this. Everything even if it has taken time and some conversations to figure out is still very much on track. I really think this clinic has some great technology and the lab is really amazing. Their CCS program is really great. And the PGD provider they use is very professional and able to work on harder genetic cases.
eSET is the option here.
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr Payson is knowledgeable. He provides thorough explanations. His manner is patient and attentive. I went to him for a consultation and my experience was a very positive one...I froze my eggs five years ago. Based on my testing, Dr Payson recommended trying IVF with my current eggs before using the frozen ones because if the frozen ones were not successful, It would be several months later and the chance of success with my current eggs could be reduced.
The clinic [CCRM] currently does not participate in any insurance plans but likely will in the next few months. The office is very nice. I never waited for more than five minutes for tests or appointments. The staff was incredibly attentive. I felt very well taken care of...Little waiting time, clear explanations...I did not spend much time with the nursing staff but found them compentent and kind....The clinic is in the process of becoming part of insurance networks but was not at the time I went for a consultation.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr Payson is knowledgeable. He provides thorough explanations. His manner is patient and attentive. I went to him for a consultation and my experience was a very positive one. I don’t have any more to say and think it’s very silly that this form requires a minimum number of characters, which I apparently have not reached yet.
Little waiting time, clear explanations, had the doctor’s attention, took time to answer questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The clinic currently does not participate in any insurance plans but likely will in the next few months. The office is very nice. I never waited for more than five minutes for tests or appointments. The staff was incredibly attentive. I felt very well taken care of.
I paid for all appointments and tests out of pocket
Vienna
He [Dr. Mark Payson] is competitive and ambitious in a good way. We were dealing with unexplained infertility. When he reviewed my records from my previous clinic, he honestly told me that he had never seen a protocol like what they had put me on there, and why that protocol concerned him. Every time I went on stims, I responded very quickly in my E2 levels. Dr. Payson diligently monitored me personally to ensure that my levels would be at an appropriate level. He was very good at answering questions, and I always felt like I was in very good hands. Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job.
I felt like my care under Dr. Payson at CCRM was incredibly thoughtful and skillful. My nurse gave me her cell phone number and was always happy to answer my questions via text message...Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job...He won't give you false hope or tell you things just to make you feel better. I appreciated his candor and honest assessment, but if you need a very, very soft touch, you may find it off-putting.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Payson is a very skilled doctor. He is competitive and ambitious in a good way. We were dealing with unexplained infertility. When he reviewed my records from my previous clinic, he honestly told me that he had never seen a protocol like what they had put me on there, and why that protocol concerned him. Every time I went on stims, I responded very quickly in my E2 levels. Dr. Payson diligently monitored me personally to ensure that my levels would be at an appropriate level. He was very good at answering questions, and I always felt like I was in very good hands. Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job.
I felt like my care under Dr. Payson at CCRM was incredibly thoughtful and skillful. My nurse gave me her cell phone number and was always happy to answer my questions via text message. Dr. Payson really looked at my case as an individual, and was honest but optimistic in his assessment. I went in 4 or 5 days in a row during stims for monitoring and saw Dr. Payson each time because getting my stim dose right was tricky, but he was determined. I felt like he really cared about ensuring our success, but didn't over promise. Ultimately, he opened up the clinic just for me to do a Sunday egg retrieval because he thought that would be in my best interest.
Mark Payson
Enjoy a vastly different experience with her [Dr. Moragianni]...as your trusted advisor, as your coach and as a caring professional...Our baby girl was born in August and we are overflowing with deep gratitude for all Dr. M did to bring her into this world... I will also add that as the primary patient, I am a bit high maintenance...lots of questions, lots of worries and a total wimp with medical procedures. Dr. M was so patient with me and used her charming personality to relax me and calm me down during some of the stressful episodes of our journey. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Moragianni to anyone trying to conceive via IVF. I believe our relationship with her and her expertise and knowledge was instrumental to our success.
[Nurses at CCRM Colorado were] Warm, friendly and always on time with next steps. Clear on all communications about protocols and prompt with answers to questions...The clinic was quiet, peaceful and clean. They were flexible if I was late and communicated clearly about when we'd see doctors, etc. Recovery and waiting rooms were decorated well...didn't feel austere. The only weakness would be its location.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
We can't say enough positive things about our experience with Dr. Moragianni! After several unsuccessful IVF procedures at another popular fertility clinic in Northern Virginia, we decided to meet with Dr. Moragianni to see if she could offer us a different and more promising strategy. My husband and I are both in our mid and late forties so while we were very aware of the statistics, we still wanted to try everything. Dr. M spent an hour and a half with us during our first meeting and patiently explained all of our options in great detail but with warmth and care. It was such a wonderful experience that we immediately decided to start working with her. When we chose a path that was statistically not very promising, Dr. M was still extremely supportive and encouraging giving us the right amount of hope balanced with the facts. When that didn't work, we tried our next option and spent many months working with Dr. M to make our dreams a reality. In December of 2016, right before Christmas, we were told we were pregnant!!! She was as excited as we were and we enjoyed many special moments as we checked on our fetus and heard her heartbeat in early 2017. Our baby girl was born in August and we are overflowing with deep gratitude for all Dr. M did to bring her into this world. I will also add that as the primary patient, I am a bit high maintenance...lots of questions, lots of worries and a total wimp with medical procedures. Dr. M was so patient with me and used her charming personality to relax me and calm me down during some of the stressful episodes of our journey. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Moragianni to anyone trying to conceive via IVF. I believe our relationship with her and her expertise and knowledge was instrumental to our success.
Enjoy a vastly different experience with her...as your trusted advisor, as your coach and as a caring professional.
She is extremely patient and has a wonderful personality so her bedside manner was comforting and jovial. She was supportive and encouraging even when we chose options that were not statistically promising.
I wish I could remember them all but I don't. I remember lots of shots and some pills during a stimulated cycle and then more shots and maybe some pills with preparing for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Valerie Cyrus)
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
For my age, Dr. Moragianni absolutely made the right decision. I got pregnant on our first transfer of a donor egg with my husband's sperm. If we had transferred two at my age, I know my pregnancy and delivery would be even more difficult. I am thankful to have a little girl and have my health in tact so I can take good care of her for many years.