CCRM San Francisco

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1060 Marsh Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-646-7500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM San Francisco to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 510
2 doctors
Strengths: again I cannot say enough about the doctors and support staff here [CCRM SF]. Aside from that, the embrolyologists (Mike) and lab are nothing short of miracle workers. They have an incredible system that yields amazing results. Weaknesses: when I initially started this process the lay did not accept insurance. I’m all OOP. They now accept some insurances, but very limited.... Egg retrieval was about $18,000 (with full genetic screening, ICSI, and PGS)
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths: again I cannot say enough about the doctors and support staff here. Aside from that, the embrolyologists (Mike) and lab are nothing short of miracle workers. They have an incredible system that yields amazing results. Weaknesses: when I initially started this process the lay did not accept insurance. I’m all OOP. They now accept some insurances, but very limited.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr. Tazuke is extremely personable and really was in tune with my specific treatments. The schedule always went around my specific cycles or plans, as she was more than accommodating. Never felt like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Lisa then reassigned to ellie)
I was initially assigned Lisa as my nurse through egg retrieval. Lisa was great! Extremely easy to reach and communicate with. After my retrieval Lisa left the practice and I was reassigned to nurse Ellie. Ellie has been very nice in all our interactions. She doesn’t seem as on top of things as Lisa, but the clinic has also grown considerably and she may be managing a lot more cases.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr. Tazuke is not only extremely knowledgeable in her field, but she also slows immense compassion with her patients. She always starts the visits asking how we’re doing. She remains optimistic while also being realistic of goals/expectations. She is ALWAYS at the clinic it seems. I’ve had appointments every day of the week and she has always been the only one to do my ultrasound. I have never had such a kind, hard working, empathetic, and proficient doctor all in one. I feel that I’m in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
I would say to definitely check Dr. Tazuke and her team out. They may be more expensive than surrounding clinics, but they are worth it.
Describe the protocols Salli Tazuke used in your cycles at CCRM San Francisco and their degree of success.
I was on 150 menopur and 150 Gonal-F as stimulation. I was kept on a low dose due to risk of OHSS, which Dr. Tazuke closely monitored. I triggered with certrotide. They retrieved 26 eggs, 18 mature, 15 fertilized, and 7 were sent off for PGS. Of those 7, 5 came back normal with one inconclusive and one abnormal. This is with SEVERE MFI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco.
Egg retrieval was about $18,000 (with full genetic screening, ICSI, and PGS) and medications were around 4,000. FET is $5500 and medications have been around 3000. Again this is OOP as insurance covered nothing.
Describe Salli Tazuke's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM San Francisco.
Dr. Tazuke was very clear about only transferring one embryo as it lowers the risk for both mom and baby. We never questioned this.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [staff at CCRM] took our calls when we celebrated, they were our shoulders to cry on( believe me there will be some tears), they are amazing in their support system. We received more than empathy, we received a loving community led by this amazing team and it was just absolutely everything we could have hoped for...It was a general fee for each Ivf round -15K approximately Ccrm has other plans for multiple rounds but we elected to go round by round.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Beautiful brand new clinic, amazing nursing team, top of the line lab that is yielded amazing results thus far! Lab team is phenomenal. Results matter and they beat everyone else with their protocols. Amazing bedside manner. Dr Jun is a super sharp smart considerate empathetic doctor who really cares for her patients. No complaints.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Just the best! Infertility is such an emotional and sensitive topic that most of the people around you can never really empathize or understand. Women end up going to anonymous online support groups for their community and to find a team that truly understands our plight can be really difficult. We were referred to and spoke with many of the popular and reputable IVF clinics in the Bay Area and didn’t get that empathetic feel we desired. Some felt like a factory where you would rarely see the doctor. Some felt like like a very high pressure sales tactics. Knowing how expensive this will be, getting the right doctor and team was really important. Low and behold, our ob mentioned that ccrm was opening a new office led by Dr. Sunny Jun and Dr. Tazuke. CCRM already has a great reputation in the Ivf world so we were optimistic but cautiously optimistic bc infertility is such a struggle. And then we met Dr. Jun and Dr. Tazuke. You will never meet a nicer and more empathetic team. They are truly rooting for you and are very honest about everything but deliver great news and bad news in such an empathetic way that it really encourages you to keep on. We worked with Dr. Jun and Lisa who are grand slams! They were very clear in laying out the entire process, including education and what to expect every step of the way. If we had ideas, they would always consider it and research it and get back to us with their thoughts. What doctor do you know would listen to their patients about new info and consider it so thoughtfully. Not many. They took our calls when we celebrated, they were our shoulders to cry on( believe me there will be some tears), they are amazing in their support system. We received more than empathy, we received a loving community led by this amazing team and it was just absolutely everything we could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The best. Bedside manner is really important and they have become our family. They are simple the most caring team you will ever find
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr Jun was simply amazing. Working with her felt like having a very dear friend manage your care. She operated with the empathy and tenderness needed and was able to deliver bad news in a really honest and considerate way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Use her kindness and accessory her knowledge. If you see something during your google searches, she will take the time to answer all those questions.
Describe the protocols Sunny Jun used in your cycles at CCRM San Francisco and their degree of success.
Not sure of the details Round 1: CCRM level 1 protocol Round 2: CCRM level 5 protocol
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco.
Describe Sunny Jun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM San Francisco.
prefer single embryo transfer and I agreed completely
Sunny Jun
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Strengths [of CCRM-MP] - the top lab in the country if not world, top doctors and support team that is excellent. Weakness- does not take insurance (so far). If I had insurance that covered IVF, this would have been a deal breaker. I went through IVF with insurance coverage years ago and it just makes a terrible, stressful experience so much less so. I always appreciated that doctor's office for taking insurance and also making sure they maximized my benefits.
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths- the top lab in the country if not world, top doctors and support team that is excellent. Weakness- does not take insurance (so far). If I had insurance that covered IVF, this would have been a deal breaker. I went through IVF with insurance coverage years ago and it just makes a terrible, stressful experience so much less so. I always appreciated that doctor's office for taking insurance and also making sure they maximized my benefits. Not many doctors do that in Nor Cal so it was worth it for me to fly down to L.A. to see this doctor that took my insurance. It would really set CCRMM apart if they took insurance. Not to mention, I believe it's the morally right thing to do. Infertility is a life-changing, terrible thing to experience.
Dr. Jun is by far the best RE I have met. I immediately felt comfortable with her and I feel she is highly capable. I'm excited to be working with her and her team.
Lisa is very organized and I felt like I was in great hands.
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Jun. She was the only doctor I saw that required a mammogram before starting IVF and because she did I was lucky to find pre-cancerous cells that were removed just in time. My Oncologist told me that she saved my life so I am forever grateful to her. I will be starting my cycle in January and I wish I had gone to her sooner.
I think it's worth the drive to Menlo Park to go to Dr. Jun's practice.
Definitely higher than the other clinics in the area. With meds maybe $20K per cycle.
Dr. Jun and I agreed to transfer one at a time in my case.
Sunny Jun
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, None
Lisa, our nurse [at CCRM - SF], was great! She was very responsive to any requests and questions that we had...Upon meeting Dr. Tazuke, my husband and I felt very comfortable and confident pursing our care with her. She was well prepared for our appointments and showed compassion at the appropriate times. In addition, she was very responsive to any messages and/or questions that we had during the appointment and during non-office hours.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, None
Dr. Tazuke made my husband and I very comfortable to be in her care. For our first visit, she was very prepared with our background and wanted to get to know us personally, in addition to our fertility history.
Lisa, our nurse, was great! She was very responsive to any requests and questions that we had.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Keep an open mind and as hard as it is to do, don't stress!
In our particular case, we only did cycle monitoring with Dr. Tazuke. She ended up giving me progesterone supplements to take.
Menlo Park
[at CCRM SF] ~$17k for retrieval with PGS ~$5k for frozen transfer... Dr Tazuke is very compassionate and thorough. She is very knowledgeable and feel she is providing the best possible treatment for my situation. My husband and I have complete confidence and trust in her and all the staff at CCRM.... Luteal Patch with Antagonist Protocal Priming Cycle with Estrogen Patch and growth hormone to try and grow embryos at same rate. Menapure AM GH/Clomid/Dexa/Folistim PM
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Ellie)
The best!