7.3

Lone Tree, CO 80124
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027

Treated 2018 - 2019
While [Dr. Gustofson's] bedside/consultation manner could feel a bit fake-jolly, he always made time to answer as many questions as we had in each session, responded promptly to questions we submitted through the online portal, and provided thoughtful responses when we asked about the evidence behind various parts of our protocol...He also looked more thoroughly into Zika travel recommendations to help make some important international work trips possible before our IVF/retrieval and FET procedures.
$30,495 (before insurance reimbursement): covers one cycle of IVF including PESA, ICSI and FET. Does not include pharmacy (medications) and some labs [at CCRM Colorado]...The finance department was also very helpful in answering questions we had about the costs and options for payment/reimbursement. Weaknesses: Imperfect coordination across care providers. Contradictory information was our main frustration in this process, and it usually stemmed from the Lone Tree staff having different information/assumptions than the Louisville staff, or whoever answered the phone assuming standard operating procedure with our treatment when there were important changes/adjustments made by Dr. G in our file.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We can't argue with Dr. G's results: the protocol he designed resulted in 4 viable embryos (3 after CCS) on the first IVF attempt, and caused me minimal discomfort while on retrieval and transfer medications. While his bedside/consultation manner could seem a bit fake-jolly, he always made time to answer as many questions as we had in each session, responded promptly to questions we submitted through the online portal, and provided thoughtful responses when we asked about the evidence behind various recommendations/requirements in our treatment. (For example, we wondered why the clinic still required getting Vitamin D levels up, when it isn't clear that it makes a difference for IVF outcomes. Dr. G. sighed and explained that Vitamin D had shown early promise as making a big difference, but now the pendulum was swinging back toward skepticism. In the meantime there was no evidence that boosting Vitamin D hurt IVF outcomes, so they continued to require &gt;30 while the research dust settled.) He also looked more thoroughly into Zika travel recommendations to help make some important international work trips possible before our IVF/retrieval and FET procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, especially if you've done your homework via sites like FertilityIQ and have your checklist of things you want to know. Dr. G may sometimes seem like he's trying to move things along quickly, but he means it when he says "do you have any other questions for me?" and will answer thoughtfully - or he'll check and get back to you within a day or so if he doesn't know the answer right away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
While his bedside/consultation manner could feel a bit fake-jolly, he always made time to answer as many questions as we had in each session, responded promptly to questions we submitted through the online portal, and provided thoughtful responses when we asked about the evidence behind various parts of our protocol (e.g., why the clinic still required getting Vitamin D levels up when it isn't clear that it makes a difference for IVF outcomes).
Describe the protocols Robert Gustofson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Our profile: Male factor infertility (10+ year old vasectomy) Advanced age (male age 48, female age 40) Female history of large fibroid and asymptomatic endometriosis (removed by laparoscopic myomectomy & lasering 3 years before) This was our first time attempting to get pregnant. At Dr. G's recommendation, we decided to skip the low-probability steps of reversing a vasectomy, waiting for sperm counts to normalize, and trying naturally or with lighter assistance before advancing to IVF. (We also figured keeping the vasectomy in place was useful, as we only intend to have 1 child.) Retrieval/IVF protocol: Estrace (estrogen) Cetrotide (GnRH blocker) Menopur (FSH+LH) Gonal-F (Injectable FSH) Omnitrope (hGH) Trigger with Lupralide (GnRH agonist) Supported with doxycycline (antibiotic) and dexamethosone (corticosteroid) as well as daily prenatal vitamin + 5,000 IU Vitamin D Retrieval/IVF results: 15 eggs retrieved 13 fertilized via ICSI 8 survived to Day 3 4 survived to Day 5 3 tested as euploid (CCS) Transfer protocol: Lupron Depot (endometriosis & fibroid suppression, 2x monthly injection prior to Cycle Day 1) Birth control pill (cycle timing control) Estradiol patches Crinone (progesterone) Progesterone in Oil (progesterone) Supported by Medrol (steroid to prevent embryo rejection), doxycycline (antibiotic), and aspirin as well as daily prenatal vitamin + 5,000 IU Vitamin D FET results: Uterine lining and hormone levels (P4, E2, TSH, LH) all at desired levels at transfer Pregnancy and live birth TBD
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
The nurses and clinic staff were generally great to work with - but were also the source of our biggest frustrations in the process, as multiple times we received contradictory, incomplete, or simply incorrect information, which we only caught because we had our own detailed spreadsheet and calendar. A few examples: 1. I had to travel for work to Zika countries between retrieval and FET, and was instructed just to call on Cycle Day 1 after I was back in the country. However, as we found out later, the 2 months of Lupron Depot I had complete first could have been done while I was abroad, as the Zika waiting period is 8 weeks. When I did call on Cycle Day 1 upon my return, the nurses were about to start me on a standard pre-FET protocol (birth control, etc.) until I reminded them that Lupron Depot was part of my treatment. At that point it was already too late to order and administer the Lupron Depot during that cycle, so we were delayed by yet another month. 2. We were told at the outset to get male communicable disease testing "close to retrieval date" and had planned accordingly, only to be told 2 weeks prior to retrieval that his communicables were late and had to be done within 24 hours - a significant disruption to both our busy work schedules. 3. After one set of labs I was told that I would need to extend one medication that I'd already finished by an extra 1-2 days; my fertility pharmacy was not local and had already closed for the day. I ended up having to take half a day off work to get a refill from a local (but faraway) fertility pharmacy. 4. I received contradictory information from different sources in the clinic whenever my treatment deviated from the norm - such as the 2 months of Lupron Depot mentioned above, the dosage schedule for Crinone (what my insurance allowed) instead of Endometrin, and the date of my pregnancy test (calculated for July 4, but split into two tests on July 3 and 5 to accommodate the holiday). Overall, I got in the regular habit of asking "Could you please double-check that that's what Dr. G specified in my file? Because I heard something different the last time I called." All that being said, all the nurses and staff were friendly, efficient and responsive, and I did receive prompt calls with my lab results and regular nurse consultations to go over my treatment plan (where we caught a number of these ambiguities/errors).
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: Results and communication. We were really impressed by how I responded to the protocol pretty much exactly as predicted, as did our eggs and embryos - it built a lot of trust in Dr. G, as well as the embryologists and other technicians. And we appreciated how every care provider proactively communicated with us (e.g., after every lab and before every procedure) and was willing to spend time to answer any and all questions. Administrative departments were also great, from scheduling to billing to sending paperwork. The finance department was also very helpful in answering questions we had about the costs and options for payment/reimbursement. Weaknesses: Imperfect coordination across care providers. Contradictory information was our main frustration in this process, and it usually stemmed from the Lone Tree staff having different information/assumptions than the Louisville staff, or whoever answered the phone assuming standard operating procedure with our treatment when there were important changes/adjustments made by Dr. G in our file. What you should know: As with any clinic and fertility treatment, be prepared to be more organized than anyone else involved in your care, and to press for clarification/correction whenever something doesn't match your understanding or simply doesn't feel right to you. These are caring professionals who share your goal of a successful pregnancy, and they have an impressive track record of making that happen. But they are still an imperfect operation, especially when it comes to coordinating the little details, so make sure to stay on top of those yourself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.
Describe Robert Gustofson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. G strongly recommended eSET based on our profile (no history of miscarriage) and preference to have one child. During our first consultation he did write out the statistical rates of success and complication risk for single vs. multiple, and let us make the choice.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Specified in another free-response section
Treated 2019 - 2020
After being his [Dr. William Schoolcraft's] patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal...he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipp
At CCRM you have to be prepared to be your own advocate, because they have so many patients coming through their system. On my first IVF cycle at CCRM (2nd overall), my nurse gave me a downreg/stim calendar that was off by 8 days. Luckily I noticed before I started stimming and brought to her attention, and she was very apologetic, but you need to make sure you pay close attention to tests and protocols to make sure everything lines up.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We had just come from a failed IVF cycle at a clinic where the doctor was SO patient, compassionate, and meticulous with our care. The transition to Dr Schoolcraft was a bit of a shock, in that he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipped through my thick stack of patient notes (I felt like I should have asked him if he'd prefer me to stop speaking so he could pay attention to what was written). After being his patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Come prepared with a list of questions. Ask them all. If you think that he has not read your notes, also come with a medical history to go through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
PREP: Metformin, Acai trial (90 days) STIM: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Dexamethasone TRIGGER: Lupron, HCG (Pregnyl)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff was very helpful and compassionate. There were some issues with miscommunication, but in general we are very happy with the team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has built a great reputation for itself, and I see why. It's clean, efficient, and comfortable to be a patient there. However, as I stated before, you have to be prepared to be your own advocate—some things can fall through the cracks with a large operation, like test orders and details about your protocol. For example, one time I went for a monitoring ultrasound as part of my IVF stim protocol, and the technician thought that I was pregnant (always a fun one to explain). Oh, it's also insanely expensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
very expensive, ~$35,000-$40,000 including the tests we had to re-take at CCRM before being accepted as patients. We had had the tests done at another clinic and they won't accept those results.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
we didn't get there, but he made it clear he wanted to only transfer one embryo
Lone Tree

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Her [Dr. Barton] medication list is geared towards better egg quality. She will not do a fresh transfer, highly suggested testing embryos with my history of failed transfers. ... She’s straight forward which I believe every RE should be and honest. Not harsh in at all, just confident and honest. She was open with cost and how to save. For example, I am not big on the cost of genetic testing for myself and my spouse, it was her idea just to test one to see if the other needs to be tested.
Billing is always a weakness of CCRM. When I was seeing them for monitoring, they told me the price of ultrasounds for monitoring, charged me for it. I had no idea that I needed to paymore money until after my first failed cycle and I went back in for monitoring of my second cycle. ... [nurses] Attentive and nice. I have not had too many interactions with them at this time. My original nurse went on maternity leave. Everything has been good so far.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Too soon to know how this ends up but with all of the doctors/offices I’ve been to (at least 5) this is the best that I’ve felt with an RE. She’s straight forward which I believe every RE should be and honest. Not harsh in at all, just confident and honest. She was open with cost and how to save. For example, I am not big on the cost of genetic testing for myself and my spouse, it was her idea just to test one to see if the other needs to be tested. She also didn’t feel that I needed to do the hsg test again. The clinic I went to for the original x-ray closed. We have the report but no x-ray to show CCRM.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared with how relaxed you’ll feel. I’m argumentative and opinionated, she handled it with grace.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Honest, caring and no bullsh*t.
Describe the protocols Sara Barton used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
My first IVF procedure with her will be in two months. The last clinics, I’ve only ended up with one blast, most if not all arrest on day 5. Her medication list is geared towards better egg quality. She will not do a fresh transfer, highly suggested testing embryos with my history of failed transfers. Everything she listed for our cycle together, I was asking my previous doctor about but he did not see the need.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.
Roughly $125 to see the doc, everything else seems to be listed on their website. I’m not 100% sure of what my total cost will be for IVF yet.
Describe Sara Barton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
She’s open to both, suggested we transfer two but I refuse to do so at this time.
Sara Barton
Treated 2013 - 2019
Initially, my experience was not favorable. I was 29 and presented with high fsh/low amh, low egg count and quality. He [Dr. Robert Gustofson] told me very pointedly that he would not do IVF with my own eggs. The delivery was too frank for this type of news and there was very little empathy. It felt like they were unwilling to try because it would greatly impact their statistics in a negative way if it did not work.
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch [of CCRM] (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is in a tough spot - it requires him to be frank, but also compassionate. He does not ooze warmth and there are some patients (me included, at least initially) that require that when seeking fertility treatments. But he is honest and forthcoming and always has his patients best interests in mind. I felt like I was in capable hands when we proceeded with treatments.
Dr. G has your best interests in mind and will be truthful when it comes to your care, but he won't sugarcoat anything and won't be the person you lean on emotionally.
Initially, my experience was not favorable. I was 29 and presented with high fsh/low amh, low egg count and quality. He told me very pointedly that he would not do IVF with my own eggs. The delivery was too frank for this type of news and there was very little empathy. It felt like they were unwilling to try because it would greatly impact their statistics in a negative way if it did not work. The impersonal interaction made me take a break from CCRM for several years. When we finally returned to the clinic, we had a conversation with Dr. G about our previous interaction and he immediately changed his tune. Since then, he has been friendly, personable and caring.
It has been 3 years since my last treatment with Dr. G, so I cannot remember specific medications or protocols. But Dr. G had a solid game plan, monitored me closely and always explained in detail if anything needed to change.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness. She always went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and even stepped in to assist with a billing snafu when we were abroad. I felt I could always count on Kristi for anything, and that really put my mind at ease during such a trying, emotional time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine is a world-renowned fertility clinic for a reason - they provide state-of-the-art treatments, innovative research, and techniques that give them higher success rates than many of their counterparts. The staff is well-trained and things are done very efficiently. However, this often creates a very sterile environment where you feel more like a cog in the wheel than a living, breathing human with a personal story. This is more evident in the extravagant Lonetree location than in smaller, homier Louisville. The other glaringly obvious issue is the business office. For such a larger, profitable organization, they are disorganized and often rude. One example of their ineptitude - they failed to inform us about the due date for a $30,000 payment and then insisted we find a way to pay it within 12 hours when we were on vacation in Italy. There mistake, but ours to fix. I was continually shocked at how many errors and inefficiencies we encountered and they were VERY frustrating given how much we were paying the clinic for our treatments.
Donor IVF cycle (including donor meds and fees and my transfer) totaled approximately $44,000. Additional medications for me were about $4,000. Total for the entire procedure was $48,000.
Because I was otherwise very healthy and since our young donor produced an exceedingly high number of highly graded embryos, Dr. G was very clear about the fact that he would not transfer more than one. He explained that he was very confidant the treatment would be successful and explained the immense risks to me and the babies if I were to carry multiples.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Gustofson] is so kind and genuine. He is very responsive. He also has a great sense of humor which is much appreciated in the stressful environment of fertility treatments. He explains everything in detail, without being condescending if you ask any questions....Due to having PCOS, Dr. G thought I might over-stimulate and was therefore cautious on my first retrieval cycle. Unfortunately this resulted in only having one embryo available for transfer. For any future cycles, he has already adjusted the protocol to be more aggressive.
Billing office [CCRM Colorado] is a huge weakness. No one really seems to know what they are doing and they err on the side of patient error every time (even though job my case it's been their error every time). They have no compassion. The front desk staff often seem annoyed. I've had a phlebotomist complain to me about her kids - know your audience! All that being said, I think CCRM does have many experts and many great care team members.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He is so kind and genuine. He is very responsive. He also has a great sense of humor which is much appreciated in the stressful environment of fertility treatments. He explains everything in detail, without being condescending if you ask any questions. He really is just a great doctor and one that I'm glad I found.
Dr. G really cares for his patients. He is so responsive and genuine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
Helen is so kind and organized. She's very helpful in explaining things and she anticipates questions we might have before we even have them. She has no judgement when it comes to decisions we've made and stands behind us no matter what.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Billing office is a huge weakness. No one really seems to know what they are doing and they err on the side of patient error every time (even though job my case it's been their error every time). They have no compassion. The front desk staff often seem annoyed. I've had a phlebotomist complain to me about her kids - know your audience! All that being said, I think CCRM does have many experts and many great care team members.
For one cycle of IVF, including FET, ICSI, and CCS testing, we paid about $25k. (Not including meds)
He strongly advised transferring one embryo and advised us of risks of twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
During one of my IUIs, I suddenly noticed a change in protocol (different drug). My previous nurse had failed to explain this to me, as well as the reason for the change. Several other things went awry that cycle with that nurse, but I was able to change nurses and am much happier.
Lone Tree
It is hard to rate my doctor [Dr. Gustofson] because the nurses are who you will work with the most. The two meetings I had with Dr. Gustofson were pleasant and he seemed to care about us as a patient. I am sure If I was doing IVF I would see him more...He went through all of the details of my treatment in ways that I could understand and did not seem like he was in a hurry when he was with me. I only met with him twice so far and he was very understanding and did not question me wanting to do the treatment while my husband is deployed.
The nurses [at CCRM Colorado] do most of the stuff at the clinic including IUIs. My nurse was great when I was there. She explained all of the risks and performed the IUI easily and quickly. She was compassionate when I called and told her that the IUIs failed. I cried on the phone as she explained my options from then on...We did about $2500 on testing and initial consult. The IUIs were about $1400 each...The biggest weakness of the clinic is their hours. They only take appointments until 3:15. This timing is difficult when you cannot preplan appointment because it is determined by your cycle and you are trying to work full time. Other than that the clinic was always nice and compassionate.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I would recommend that you you are prepared for all of the appointments. Dr. Gustofson seems great.
It is hard to rate my doctor because the nurses are who you will work with the most. The two meetings I had with Dr. Gustofson were pleasant and he seemed to care about us as a patient. I am sure If I was doing IVF I would see him more.
For drugs, I just used clomid and the trigger shot. I was monitored by ultrasound for the size of my follicles. I responded well to the drugs so I did not have to change up my meds. I am on my 3rd IUI so hopefully it works.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine W)
The nurses do most of the stuff at the clinic including IUIs. My nurse was great when I was there. She explained all of the risks and performed the IUI easily and quickly. She was compassionate when I called and told her that the IUIs failed. I cried on the phone as she explained my options from then on.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Everything was out of pocket for us. We did about $2500 on testing and initial consult. The IUIs were about $1400 each.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Face time with Dr. G[ustofson] has been very limited. He is kind and personable when we have spoken, but it always feels a little bit rushed and speaking to him directly (rather than a nurse) is rare. He does remember details about our lifestyle, where we live, etc...has a good sense of humor (which we appreciate, but I could see being a deterrent for some folks). We just wished he had been a little bit more communicative in person. When most of your communication is done through a nurse (although I understand that this is the norm) it can make you feel a bit disconnected from the doctor. We have felt like we are in competent hands.
The nurses were all very kind and the facility [CCRM Colorado] always felt clean and professional. The whole process ended up taking a lot longer than was originally told (some of this is just due to hormones, etc. that nobody has control over) and this could be frustrating...When most of your communication is done through a nurse (although I understand that this is the norm) it can make you feel a bit disconnected from the doctor. We have felt like we are in competent hands.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is very personable and has a good sense of humor (which we appreciate, but I could see being a deterrent for some folks). We just wished he had been a little bit more communicative in person. When most of your communication is done through a nurse (although I understand that this is the norm) it can make you feel a bit disconnected from the doctor. We have felt like we are in competent hands.
He has a good reputation and seems very competent, but just be aware you might not have much face (or voice) time with him!
Face time with Dr. G has been very limited. He is kind and personable when we have spoken, but it always feels a little bit rushed and speaking to him directly (rather than a nurse) is rare. He does remember details about our lifestyle, where we live, etc.
After all of the tests we were diagnosed with low sperm count/motility. I had to take injections of Menopur, Cetrotide and Gonal F (which all made me feel super bloated and crampy, although not as bad as I was expecting). I ended up having to take more doses than originally prescribed, which I didn't really understand the reasoning for. This part was a bit rough financially. The retrieval was done by another doctor (which just happens because they have to time it based on your hormone levels and who happens to be working what day). We had 21 eggs retrieved, 11 turned into embryos, and 3 mature enough to freeze. For some reason we didn't realize it could yield so little from so many eggs! We were also hoping for a fresh transfer, but apparently it was too dangerous given my hormone levels, so we will do the frozen transfer 2 months after the retrieval - which was also a much larger time window than we had expected/been told originally.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Louisville (Avista) campus was good about communication, but we ran into more trouble with that from the Lone Tree campus, which can be frustrating as they are the only ones open on the weekends and the only surgery center. The nurses were all very kind and the facility always felt clean and professional. The whole process ended up taking a lot longer than was originally told (some of this is just due to hormones, etc. that nobody has control over) and this could be frustrating.
$2,800 for the package including first consultation, regroup, blood tests, testing $20,000 for IVF cycle Additional $3,000 for lab results that were sent out $6,000 for IVF medications
Dr. G really seems only open to single embryo transfer vs. multiple. After my own research that did seem like the safer way to go, but if we weren't trying to move the process along as quickly as we could I might have seeked out a second opinion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Embryology failed to call us with our Day 6 update on embryos and I had to try to track them down after I was told I couldn't be connected to them and had to go through my nurse (when my nurse had told me I had to talk to embryology). We also almost had to cancel our retrieval after I had already started (the very expensive) injection meds because we were told my husband could wait to go to the urologist (they pretty much require you use the one they work with). We had to wait to schedule with the urologist because he was booked/out of town and even though we were told that it was okay to move forward with the meds, the urologist thought my husband had a prostate infection. Luckily this ended up not being the case, but if it had we would have had to cancel the retrieval and start all over with new meds/new cycle
Treated 2017 - 2019
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s [with Dr. Schoolcraft]- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better...I loved that Dr was supportive of us only transplanting 1 embryo. He explained both scenarios - options- very thoroughly...At first bedside manner was lacking- felt cold. By second retrieval he had warmed up and became very positive about our chances and situation.
Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest [at CCRM Colorado]. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Bedside manner needed a little work- didn’t feel special at first- but then he absolutely went above and beyond when I had issues with nursing and finance office as we progressed through treatments. He even gave me his personal cell and reached out intermittently to check in.
Understand that you need to advocate for yourself and be just as blunt as Dr Schoolcraft
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie Patrick)
Nurse originally assigned seemed lost and clueless- treated like number. Then after discussion with Dr Schoolcraft, I was assigned to Tonie Patrick and she was amazing and incredible. Very knowledgeable, professional and compassionate- a real gem.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength- doctors. Knowledge and proven track record. Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
$24 each retrieval/transfer if no insurance- we paid $8k for drugs and $15k for 2 retrieval’s/transfers after insurance claims
Lone Tree
Dr. Gustofson is personal, warm, and detail-oriented. He patiently walks you through every step of the procedure or protocol, always pausing to ask questions and ensure you are understanding. He is clearly very skilled at his work and thinks creatively about solutions...allows you to email him directly (as opposed to emailing through his team/nurses), which tells you a lot. He is interested in the doctor-patient relationship...We used quite an aggressive treatment protocol with testosterone patches, estogen patches, menopur, lupron, prometrium, progesterone, as well as fistfuls of supplements. This treatment was aggressive to help me grow more, higher-quality eggs, as my previous cycles were hampered by low-quality eggs.
We used quite an aggressive treatment protocol with testosterone patches, estogen patches, menopur, lupron, prometrium, progesterone, as well as fistfuls of supplements [at CCRM Colorado]. This treatment was aggressive to help me grow more, higher-quality eggs, as my previous cycles were hampered by low-quality eggs...Sarah [nurse] was terrific--responsive, compassionate, organized, detail-oriented, and ALWAYS willing to field a phone call, even for a seemingly minor question. She was on my speed dial for weeks!...The entire IVF round was between $25-$30k...
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Never hesitate to ask as many questions as you have. He is the one doctor at CCRM who allows you to email him directly (as opposed to emailing through his team/nurses), which tells you a lot. He is interested in the doctor-patient relationship.
Dr. Gustofson is warm and makes you feel cared about--during every phone call, it was obvious that he had spent time reviewing our chart and situation. He personalized his recommendations often by saying, "If you were my wife" or "if you were my daughter," which gave me peace of mind. CCRM overall is a well-oiled machine, so it is easy to feel like a number, but our interactions with Dr. G felt quite personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was terrific--responsive, compassionate, organized, detail-oriented, and ALWAYS willing to field a phone call, even for a seemingly minor question. She was on my speed dial for weeks!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is very well-run: booking appointments, the one-day work-up, setting dates for procedures, were all very easy. The finance office is hard to reach and a bit confusing, but ultimately I found a very helpful employee who made the process infinitely easier. It can feel a little impersonal, as you may not see your nurse every visit, and you certainly won't see your doctor, but everyone is kind, professional, and willing to answer any questions.
The entire IVF round was between $25-$30k.
Lone Tree

Dr Schoolcraft was nice, patient, and gave enough time to answer all of our questions. He believes in finding a solution to our situation and genuinely wants to help. Dr Schoolcraft was on site almost daily and was able to look over my daily lab results. Though he did not perform the surgery, I had a great experience. ... He had a nice demeanor in our consultations. Allowed us to ask questions and I never felt rushed. He did mention my husband when he was not present as well he created rappor with us.
Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses [at CCRM Colorado] were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently. ... The nursing staff was great! Everything from the front to back end was efficient and smooth. I found the lab technicians and nurses all to be up beat and compassionate.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask all of your questions and be sure to be clear of your options before starting.
I was administered oral and injections for my stimulation medication. All resulted in a great outcome during the stimulation. I did need to stun for a few extra days but we did retrieve more eggs than expected. After finding out in the lab that none of my fertilized eggs matured, the re group determined he would recommend if proceeding the same way, a different medication protocol. Other options were discussed with donor eggs as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. All of our scheduled appointments ran on time and smooth. Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
These were booked first thing in the morning and all appointments were handled quickly and smoothly.
Costs were between 25-35k including meds for IVF, ICSI and genetic testing
Treated 2017 - 2018
My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K [Dr. Kondapalli] but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.... I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg)... my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur.
Overall, I have felt that the staff [CCRM] has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.... I was scheduled for my IUI on a specific date and time.... When I got to the clinic for my scheduled IUI, I was told my appointment wasn't until the following week, which was totally wrong.... I don't know if that two hours made a difference in my results (of course they claimed it wouldn't) but I was very upset and concerned.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and push if you need or want more information or guidance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Overall, I have felt that the staff has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg) and I hated it! The clomid really messed with my head and I was extremely emotional and irrational. I developed one follicle and a negative pregnancy test. The second IUI I was on the max Clomid again (which I was terrified of, but didn't have a bad experience this time) but my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur. I seemed to have the opposite affect from the Menopur and my follicles didn't respond at all, so she removed me from the Menopur and had me do another round of Clomid (150mg) - that seemed to do it and I ended up with three follicles, but I had another negative pregnancy test. This last IUI attempt, I did the max Clomid (150mg) and wasn't responding at all, so she added the menopur again. After another week, my follicles were very small and it didn't look like my body was responding to the meds at all. We decided to cancel the round. I am going to attempt an unmedicated round, since the meds don't seem to be working anymore and if that doesn't work, I will move onto donor egg/embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gracie)
I've been pleased and impressed with the nurses.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a good reputation as far as the "experts" in the field - however, it feels a little like a bottomless money pit. I also had a mix-up with the scheduler which almost ruined my entire IUI cycle - I was disappointed that nobody followed up with me after the mix-up to apologize.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
$200 for every ultrasound visit, approx. $150 for the IUI procedure. Clomid is pretty cheap (about $25-$30) and the menopur was approx. $800 per round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
I was scheduled for my IUI on a specific date and time - everything is dependent on this timing, including when you take your trigger shot and when they thaw and prep the sperm. When I got to the clinic for my scheduled IUI, I was told my appointment wasn't until the following week, which was totally wrong. I explained the situation and they were able to get the sperm thawed and prepped and asked me to come back two hours later. I don't know if that two hours made a difference in my results (of course they claimed it wouldn't) but I was very upset and concerned.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Surrey really cared about me and I felt like he really wanted us to be parents. He took his time with us and answered all of our questions...I was upset that he wouldn't let me join the acai study because it was only my first IVF cycle but due to my age and the fact that I was running out of time, I wish he would of just given me the supplements...was fair and although I did not like what he had to say in regards to my own eggs, it turns out he was correct.
During my first IUI cycle [at CCRM Colorado] I was given meds and had a reaction. They told me I could never take that med again but for my IVF cycle, that med was listed as one I needed to take. If I didn't notice then I would of been given a med that I was allergic to...is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult...The billing is confusing and needs some work...I wish they nurses] had more time to devote to each one of us.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was fair and although I did not like what he had to say in regards to my own eggs, it turns out he was correct. I actually had a natural pregnancy during my treatment and when he found out he called me that same day to congratulate me. Unfortunately, that surprise pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I was upset that he wouldn't let me join the acai study because it was only my first IVF cycle but due to my age and the fact that I was running out of time, I wish he would of just given me the supplements. Maybe they would have helped.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared with questions and have a list.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
I was put on Luteal Oral-Microflare protocol due to my age and DOR. We only retrieved 5 eggs, 3 fertilized and one made it to blast. We did a FET but it was not successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
I had all great nurses but the problem was that they were always quitting and I would be assigned a new one. It was frustrating to have to explain your situation all over again and build new relationships. It was exhausting.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I never had to wait long for an appointment. The office is clean and comfortable and everything runs smoothly. You know what to expect and they provide you with literature that explains everything. They are usually pretty good at returning phone calls. The billing is confusing and needs some work. I think the nurses need help though. They work long hours. They do care about their patients and I wish they had more time to devote to each one of us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult. I also hope that one day all insurance will cover treatment.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
During my first IUI cycle I was given meds and had a reaction. They told me I could never take that med again but for my IVF cycle, that med was listed as one I needed to take. If I didn't notice then I would of been given a med that I was allergic to.
Treated 2016 - 2018
I felt comfortable with her [Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli's] preference to only transfer one embryo...She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases...She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they [staff at CCRM Colorado] predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature...We are generally happy with the nursing staff. We mostly see them and rarely see the doc. They usually respond to our messages quickly and seem to advocate for us with the business office, getting prescriptions, etc...During my stim cycle, they decided to have me do another dose of Gonal-F, but did not let me know. So I had to race to the local pharmacy 10 minutes before they closed and pay out of pocket. Also, I'm the one who called in to ask if they wanted me to take the dose and if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have known and would've missed the dose entirely. You really have to be on your game.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
We found her to be condescending. She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
She seems very by the book and makes decisions based on statistics rather than an individual patient. I'm so glad we attempted IUI against her advice.
I felt an urgency when we met, like we were on the clock and she was anxious to move on to her next task. She also quickly turns to drawing pictures to explain things, which makes me feel like I'm in grade school. She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It feels a bit cold and I don't like how open the business desk is. I do think the receptionists can be unprofessional. Everyone in the waiting room can hear you discussing your business there. I do think it is a well-oiled machine. You are in and out quickly, get your results quickly, get answers quickly. I have found them to be efficient and respectful. I do have confidence in the nurses and doctors.
-Initial diagnostic costs - 4k -IUI x 4 @ $800 -Sperm samples x 6 @ $300 -Frozen sperm deposits x 2 @ $450 -IVF 30k I'm sure there's more...
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
I felt comfortable with her preference to only transfer one embryo, but I don't really want multiples.
Denver
Overall I found Dr. Gustofson very caring and I felt he really knew what he was doing. My only issue related to Dr. Gustofson was that he left town during a crucial part of my treatment (which I completely understand and don’t hold against him) but neither he nor his staff mentioned he would be leaving so it was offputting for me to find this out when I needed to ask him a question regarding treatment and he was gone.
I found most of the staff [CCRM] I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.... We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He seems like a genuinely caring doctor.
I felt Dr. Gustofson was very warm and personable when I met or communicated with him but I had quite a bit of trouble with communication with other staff including nurses. I felt that at some pretty important times I had a hard time getting a response from the appropriate staff member. That said, Dr. Gustofson was really good with the communication.
Priming meds: Estrace 2mg - cycle day 2 on Testosterone gel - day 3-20 Prometrium 200mg - 2x day/ day 16-25 Testosterone patch 2mg - day 21-25 Cetrotide 0.25mg - day 23-25 Stim meds: Viagra 50mg 2x a day Menopur 150units 2x a day Gonal-F 300 units once a day Dexamethasone 0.5mg once a day Saizen 0.4ml once a day Clomid 100mg once a day (added when follicles were not growing enough and injections were switched to intramuscular instead of sub q)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Aiyana Coon)
I felt at times that Aiyana was very nice, organized and communicated well but there were times that I was very frustrated with the lack of comminication from her and almost requested to be switched to the care of another nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I found most of the staff I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.
We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which I can’t remember the exact cost of but it wasn’t inexpensive). Because the cycle was cancelled we were refunded around $21,000.
For my age group he recommended one embryo be transferred at a time to reduce chances of multiples because of higher risk. I completely agreed with this approach.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[the nurses at CCRM CO-Louisville were] Not compassionate. Told me the gender of one of our embryos even though I explicitly told them I didn't want to know. Never caked me when my thyroid labs were abnormal, I called multiple times asking for the results. Not at all compassionate when I was worried about miscarrying based on those results. More concerned about setting up an appointment than giving me a minute after we did miscarry to process the information.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson was honest, kind, thoughtful. While we never made it past 7 weeks, you could tell he was rooting for us and truly disappointed and sorry that things didn't work out for us. From the get go, we had already done a cycle of IVF without success (chemical and miscarriage of trisomy 13 at 6.5 weeks), he told us there were no medical reasons to not try again. We ended up with 9 CCS normal embryos. However, after 2 failed transfers (chemical and blighted ovum) he told us one of things wad happening. Despite my hysteroscopy and all labs/scans looking normal, my uterus wasn't a good environment or there was something behind chromosomes that is genetically wrong with the embryos. Our final transfer resulted in a pregnancy but miscarriage at 7 weeks. He was so kind during our D&C and told us he was always there for us. We still have 5 embryos and may some day decide to transfer them or pursue a gestational carrier, but are also at peace that Dr. Gustafson did everything in his power, knowledge, expertise to help us be parents.
Trust him. He will be honest with you. And like he told us on our first consultation he'll "tell you when to get off of the roller coaster". And he doesn't say that to be mean. He says it for your own sanity. He doesn't want to just take your money over and over if he doesn't think it will work.
He was personable, kind, honest. He'd remember things about us.
I honestly don't remember what protocol we used for egg retrieval. First FET e-set of day 5AA CCS normal blast. Lupron started when bcp stopped. Vivelle patches increasing. Endometrium, PIO and me from. 2nd FET added antihistamine protocol with aspirin, claritin, pepcid, and prednisone. 3rd FET antihistimine protocol and lovenox.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall CCRM has so many patients I can see where it feels like you're a number. However my personal doctor did not make me feel that way. Nursing staff wad terrible. Buildings themself clean. Lab people friendly. Usually fairly easy to make appointments
$22000 for egg retrieval, 1st transfer. $5000 for each subsequent FET Meds totaled probably $1000
First 2 transfers did e-SET then did embryos on 3rd transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Miscarriage labs not sent on ice and had to have nearly 50ml of blood redrawn. Thyroid labs after positive pregnancy test nor followed up on until I kept calling about them.

Treated 2017 - 2018
[Dr. Schoolcraft is] Very intelligent, straight to the point, blunt at times. Explained risks and benefits and options very well. Not very compassionate, poor bedside manner. Quiet at times. Sometimes I felt like I had to come up with my own questions to get a very clear explanation of my problem. He is extremely smart and knows what he is doing...is probably one of the most sought after doctors. At times I felt like he was going through the motions and not really seeing us.
Very thorough, they [CCRM Colorado] do all tests possible to get you on the right track. Very welcoming, the nursing staff is amazing. Although it’s a big clinic, things don’t get missed with treatments. They seem to be very organized, especially with their treatment calendars...Upwards of 20-30,000 after all was said and done. 5-7,000 for meds included in that...Amazing nursing staff. Cindy got me through the worst of times and the best of times. She was the the “fix” for the poor bedside manner of the doctor, always showing compassion and understanding and always there to answer questions.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Very intelligent, straight to the point, blunt at times. Explained risks and benefits and options very well. Not very compassionate, poor bedside manner. Quiet at times. Sometimes I felt like I had to come up with my own questions to get a very clear explanation of my problem. He is extremely smart and knows what he is doing, just not the best bedside manner.
Just know that although his bedside manner needs some work, he’s still one of the most intelligent doctors out there and if you need someone who won’t beat around the bush, and get straight to the point, he’s your guy.
CCRM is a busy clinic and he is probably one of the most sought after doctors. At times I felt like he was going through the motions and not really seeing us. But overall he was good. Not the best bedside manner.
One day work up-HSG, labwork on both husband and myself. ICSI testing. i My 4 unsuccessful IUI’s had been done previously so this were not done at CCRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Pick)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very thorough, they do all tests possible to get you on the right track. Very welcoming, the nursing staff is amazing. Although it’s a big clinic, things don’t get missed with treatments. They seem to be very organized, especially with their treatment calendars.
My first transfer, he recommended only one embryo because of my “healthy, highly graded eggs and healthy age.” But my second transfer I pushed for 2. He took some convincing stating the risks for multiples but I was very firm. It ended up being a transfer of 2 but only one took.

Treated 2016 - 2017
Based on a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, and a relatively good prognosis, we have not yet met very often with Dr Barton, but in our few interactions she seemed caring, determined to put us on a path towards live birth and seemed to handle my course of treatments through the 3 IUIs as I expected...Her "bedside manner" gave me the sense that she truly cared about our personal infertility journey, how it impacts us from a whole-person (not just physical) perspective, and that she wanted to see us succeed.
They [CCRM] are very responsive and helpful with all of your questions and concerns. I was treated like my case was very important the entire time I was being treated...My trigger shot for the first IUI procedure was not called in timely. Also I had to go to both the lone tree location and denver location back to back to get labs done before starting treatment because they forgot to order all necessary tests...I really appreciated having one.l nurse assigned to me that was familiar with my face and case
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
She makes me really comfortable discussing the tough topics related to infertility.
We did ovarian stimlation with clomid (100 mcg) for 3 cycles on cycle days 3-7. Beginning with Ultrasound to check for cysts prior to beginning medication each cycle. Follicle check ultrasounds on approx cycle day 10-12. Triggered ovulation with Ovidrel for IUI scheduled 36 hours after trigger. Semen collection was scheduled for 2 hours prior to IUI. When lining was less than 7mm at follicle check, vaginal Estrace was given to help with uterine lining, and continued until 2 weeks after ovulation. No pregancy was achieved through these 3 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
I really appreciated having one.l nurse assigned to me that was familiar with my face and case. However, Erica left CCRM during my treatment and I was reassigned. Some of the nurses made the IUI procedure more comfortable than others. I especially liked the nurse that used IUI with sonogram to help guide.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very responsive and helpful with all of your questions and concerns. I was treated like my case was very important the entire time I was being treated.
Approximately $1,000 per IUI cycle including all medications (nothing covered by insurance). Diagnostic work and appointments with dr were also around $1,000.
Sara Barton

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr Surrey was direct and honest but not insensitive. He would go through our options with us in a way we could understand. He also listened to our thoughts and requests, so we felt like we were a part of the decision making process...IUI with clomid and trigger shot for 3 cycles. He thought we were good candidates for this over IVF. After that didn't work he said that we could try IUI with letrozole or IVF. He felt that we were nearing the end of IUI being successful however we wanted to stick with it and try the new drug.
Grace and the other staff [at CCRM Colorado] were very caring and understanding. They would communicate regularly with next steps and results. It was nice that everyone was friendly and would take the time to learn your name...Overall organized, compassionate and friendly. It's a stressful time so I think they are used to people be anxious and needing to know as much information/results as soon as possible. There were a few times I felt stressed but it I was always able to get someone to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Surrey was direct and honest but not insensitive. He would go through our options with us in a way we could understand. He also listened to our thoughts and requests, so we felt like we were a part of the decision making process. In the end everything worked out great.
Don't expect miracles right away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace and the other staff were very caring and understanding. They would communicate regularly with next steps and results. It was nice that everyone was friendly and would take the time to learn your name.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It was not covered by insurance so I just paid with my credit card at the end of every appointment.
He did want us to move to IVF since we had done 3 cycles. We felt strongly about giving IUI a few more chances and the new drug worked.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Once they sent my blood work to the lab that worked with my insurance. The lab then lost my blood so I had to come in and redo the blood work. So I wasn't able to really blame CCRM. There were a few times when I was anxious for results so I would call them asking for them.
Treated 2017
The doctor [Dr. Surrey] has good bedside manner and seems to care, but at the same time, he has so many patients that it's hard for him to remember every specific case. ...Strengths: Bedside manner, knowledge, experience Weaknesses: Too many patients to really dive deep into someone's medical history, too busy to easily set up a meeting, no one explains the long term side effects of multiple IVF cycles/high doses of medications
My nurse [at CCRM] was on top of my cycle and I felt that she really cared...CCRM is very organized and almost every person who works there is so kind...You have to make sure you follow up on everything- labs, medications, pharmacies, payments, etc. The one huge weakness is the business office. They are very hard to get a hold of. It is extremely stressful when your payment is due in 5 days and they won't call you back. They only call you back if you say "I want to make a payment."
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be sure you know every piece of your medical history, medication doses, and lab results. Don't rely on the doctor to know all of this.
The doctor has good bedside manner and seems to care, but at the same time, he has so many patients that it's hard for him to remember every specific case. His first recommendation for treatment was a protocol that I had already tried unsuccessfully and I had to remind him of this. He then agreed his original protocol wouldn't work. If a patient didn't remember their medical history, or didn't feel comfortable objecting to a doctor's recommendation, they would have not received the proper care.
The antagonist protocol was used because my lab results were all very good. ICSI and IMSI were used for male factor infertility. None of my embryos made it to Day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor Cook)
My nurse was on top of my cycle and I felt that she really cared. Having a good nurse can make this process so much easier. She never acted like I was bothering her. She only forgot to call in one RX, but apologized to me. If my nurse was out of the office, one of her colleagues would get back to me if I had any concerns.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is very organized and almost every person who works there is so kind. I have only ever spoken to one nurse who seemed to hate her job and treated me like a child (I'm so glad I only had to talk to her once!). You have to make sure you follow up on everything- labs, medications, pharmacies, payments, etc. The one huge weakness is the business office. They are very hard to get a hold of. It is extremely stressful when your payment is due in 5 days and they won't call you back. They only call you back if you say "I want to make a payment." They do not follow up on insurance claims and always blame the insurance company. They make mistakes on how much money they need to reimburse patients and you will only get your money back if you stay on top of everything. They require you to prepay even though the insurance company says you should NOT prepay for services. I have spoken with many other patients who get incorrect bills. The business office told them that the bill was sent in error because they don't always check to see if you've already paid for a service prior to sending a bill.
Ultrasounds for monitoring $ 1,000 Nurse Patient Coordination Fee (not billable to insurance)$ 1,175 Nurse Patient Coordination Fee (not billable to insurance done w/FET) $500 Retrieval of oocyte by physician $ 1,177 Transfer of embryo by physician $925 Ultrasound for retrieval $200 Ultrasound for transfer (done with FET) $200 Surgical Suite for retrieval (out of network) $3,279 Surgical Suite for transfer (out of network-done with FET) $1,005 Anesthesia: $475 Labs: $ 1,775 Sperm Isolation w/semen analysis $615 IVF-Lab-Oocyte identification $615 IVF-Lab Culture and fertilization $1,516 IVF-Transfer prep (done with FET) $615 Hatching or Blastocyst $925 Thawing of embryo (done with FET) $1,000 Embryo biopsy $1,600 Genetic Consult (not billable to insurance) $350 Fertility Genetics - CCS testing on embryos (not billable to insurance) $1,700 Embryo Freezing $975 ICSI $2,836 IMSI $525
I have not completed a transfer with this doctor.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Only one RX was not called in. I had plenty of time to ask for the RX and pick it up. Not a big deal compared to other mistakes I've seen at other clinics.
Treated 2016
Dr. Kondapalli was very friendly and seemed invested in our case...Dr. Kondapalli made some adjustments to round 2, but same result, negative pregnancy test. When we went into our consult after the second failed attempt it was disheartening to hear that she was already recommending surrogacy or adoption. We still had so many questions, as this didn't make sense to us, and I felt like I needed to take things into my own hands, rather than fully relying on CCRM.
CCRM has a great clinical team - I had many eggs fertilize, and so far I haven't had any issues with my embryos surviving the freeze and thaw...While I was under care, I had many different nurses (one terminated, one went on maternity leave, etc.). This created some issues, as there was clearly a lack of communication. In one instance, my calendar was incorrect and I had to contact them to fix it and change my protocol. In another instance, I had not heard about my pregnancy test results and had to call in before they closed for the day. That's how I found out about my second failed attempt, which broke me.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Our path has been turbulent, considering that we had to change doctors after egg retrieval and prior to the embryo transfer. We were told that we had very good chances of pregnancy, and felt extremely confused when we got a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Kondapalli made some adjustments to round 2, but same result, negative pregnancy test. When we went into our consult after the second failed attempt it was disheartening to hear that she was already recommending surrogacy or adoption. We still had so many questions, as this didn't make sense to us, and I felt like I needed to take things into my own hands, rather than fully relying on CCRM.
Be your own advocate.
Dr. Kondapalli was very friendly and seemed invested in our case.
The first round of IVF was pretty typical - I didn't have any hormone issues, and so we used the lowest doses possible. For the second round of IVF, Dr. Kondapalli didn't have any changes other than suggesting that we use the progesterone oil. During my consult after the second failed attempt, she recommended that we try a uterine scrape (I wonder why she didn't try this before). I asked her whether we could forgo using the hormone medications, and she said that we could if we wished, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a great clinical team - I had many eggs fertilize, and so far I haven't had any issues with my embryos surviving the freeze and thaw. That being said, I haven't had a successful transfer, and sometimes question the viability of the embryos (even though they have been genetically tested, etc.).
We were talked into doing every test and procedure, as there were male infertility issues that we had questions about.
We chose one embryo for the first attempt, as she said that I had a very high chance of pregnancy. She recommended transferring two embryos for the second attempt. I have no complaints about this approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
My first nurse got my calendar wrong and fortunately I caught it and they made changes in time before it messed anything up. Another nurse did not provide me with my pregnancy test results. I had to call in before they closed for the day and ultimately found out that I had a negative test result - it was extremely difficult to hear the news this way.

Treated 2013 - 2015
Dr. Minjarez is very warm, and very smart. My only complaint is that when I look back over the 2.5 years I have been under her care, there are things I wish someone would have explained to me when I started the process, that I feel like I didn't learn until much later in the process.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Ask questions; don't assume she or her staff will tell you everything you need to know; and know that there are always more drugs, more procedures, and more options, and you need to know your limits.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Minjarez is wonderful, when I can see her. She remembers the details of my story, talks me through decisions that need to be made, gives me numbers, and is generally very warm. The nursing staff, however, leaves much to be desired. I've worked with three nurses in 2.5 years. The first couldn't remember any details about my case (like that I am a single mother by choice) and would call in prescriptions for me for meds I was allergic to. The second nurse was excellent; I learned to ask more questions, which helped, but she knew me well and would stay on top of things. The nurse I am working with now is terrible: she never initiates contact, is not ahead of my calendar so leaves things until the last minute, and isn't creative in helping me deal with problems - if there isn't a stock response, then there is nothing she can do for me.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
None of my cycles have resulted in a pregnancy 2 IUIs with no drugs 4 IUIs with varying amounts of drugs. I know Clomid was used a couple times, I don't remember the others. 1 IVF retrieval: Luteal Oral Protocol 3 - Estrace, Cetrotide, Menopur, Gonal, Saizen, Dexamethasone. We CCS tested the 6 embryos and all were abnormal. I am now prepping for my first donor egg / donor sperm transfer. I will have taken: Novarel (birth control), Lupron, Vivelle, Endometrin, Progesterone in Oil, and Medrol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Three: a first whose name I don't recall, Katie P, Kristi)
I have had three very different nurses. First: she left in 2014, but was disorganized, forgot any details about me and my history, and would call in scripts for meds I was allergic to. Katie P: Excellent. She is a good communicator, was organized (she would email me the day before I had to start or change a med), always returned calls and emails within an hour, and genuinely cared about me. Kristi: My nurse now. The only positive is that she responds to my emails very quickly. She is disorganized, doesn't remember any details about me or my history, and is not at all thoughtful or creative when she responds to my questions - if it's not a pre-written CCRM response, she doesn't know what to say.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
It's hard to separate my answers because I've been working with CCRM for 2.5 years through 7 different procedures. Over that time a lot of things have gone wrong, particularly in the beginning when I had a weak nurse and I didn't know what I was doing. As I got more comfortable and got a better nurse, things got better. Now I've transferred to Lone Tree and things are a mess again.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr Deb [Minjarez] knew my chart and everything we had experienced until then... she knew my acupuncturist and my OB, and would send them notes because they both were involved, etc - she just knew "me" and I never felt like numbers on her page. She also knew how I responded to news, and at time altered the way she delivered news. She even sat rubbing my hand and wiping tears as she took me in for surgery to remove my tubes, she connected with you...When I didn't respond to stims in the beginning of my cycle, she reassured me of my progress and made me feel comfortable with my medication switch mid-cycle.
I went to the CCRM rose office 95% of the time and loved it but the Lonetree office is much worse - it always felt so sterile and they were always scrambling and disorganized. Their business office is HORRIBLE! The nurse switching mid-cycle can get complicated. And they never give patients consistent messaging, every single staff member will give you a different answer. And big clinic changes are not communicated well. Go to the Rose Office!!
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Although I was bummed not to see her again once I was pregnant (I only saw her 2 other times - my only less positive thing to say, you never see her), I never doubted her commitment to my fertility for a second. Even in a world of infertility and reoccurring bad news that is often delivered and managed by your nurse, she called me after certain less than positive result tests to make sure I was ok. I was young and had a pretty serious case and I will never forget her making me a promise that first day, she was dedicated and compassionate.. When I didn't respond to stims in the beginning of my cycle, she reassured me of my progress and made me feel comfortable with my medication switch mid-cycle. Again it would have been really nice just to a get a call or note from her after pregnancy or delivery, it was radio silent from her after my transfer, otherwise I couldn't speak more highly of Dr Deb!
Get a good nurse.
Dr Deb knew my chart and everything we had experienced until then... she knew my acupuncturist and my OB, and would send them notes because they both were involved, etc - she just knew "me" and I never felt like numbers on her page. She also knew how I responded to news, and at time altered the way she delivered news. She even sat rubbing my hand and wiping tears as she took me in for surgery to remove my tubes, she connected with you.
Retrieval - CCRM Protocol 3, estrogen priming, with added clomid day 4 after poor response. Stimmed 13 days and had double trigger. Transfer - 2 months depo lupron prior to CCRM standard frozen transfer. I have stage IV endometriosis, that caused both tubes to close as well as luteal phase defect and DOR (RFC 4-6, AMH .4) due to scarring on ovaries. I had to have my tubes removed prior to transfer but after retrieval. I had historically not responded to stims. I have never had a successful pregnancy and was Beta-3 negative. My retrieval was saved by clomid, I responded and had 14 eggs retrieved, 11 were mature, 9 fertilized and 4 made it to Day 6, 5 day 6. Depo Lupron successfully helped my body create the beta-3. I had a successful transfer of 2 day 5 (3AA and 5AA) untested embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shanna Morgenson )
Shanna is the BEST. I thank God for her every single day. Timely, compassionate, personal advocate - whatever you needed she delivered!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado.
All said and done for one day workup, one retrieval, drugs for one retrieval, surgery to remove my tubes, transfer, drugs for one frozen transfer, blood work and associated tests we spent $40k. The package prices are not all inclusive, everything is upcharged that can be.
Describe Debra Minjarez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Due to the fact that my embryos were not tested and my numbers, two embryos were recommended.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
They forgot to send documentation over to a specialist and I was forced to cancel my appointment and reschedule for 3 months later. They all pointed fingers and blame instead of apologizing. They also lost an insurance payment and refused to call me back for almost two weeks.
Treated 2015
Dr. M[injarez] made us feel very comfortable. She was thorough in her explanations and really helped us understand the process (which ended up being very complicated). She was always available for questions and definitely put my mind at ease, which is really important in this type of situation where its easy to get stressed. I fully trusted her to take the lead and give us the best results... personable and made us feel comfortable (she remembered us from previous visits, knew where we were in the process, etc.).
Initially the nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] was great - I had the same nurse from our first consult to egg retrieval, which was really valuable. Unfortunately, the nurse left CCRM prior to the transfer, and I went back and forth between nurses which I didn't like (not always current on my situation, not quite as empathetic, forgot to call with results, etc.). I wish that I had the same nurse throughout the entire process.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. M made us feel very comfortable. She was thorough in her explanations and really helped us understand the process (which ended up being very complicated). She was always available for questions and definitely put my mind at ease, which is really important in this type of situation where its easy to get stressed. I fully trusted her to take the lead and give us the best results.
Dr. M was very personable and made us feel comfortable (she remembered us from previous visits, knew where we were in the process, etc.).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Initially the nursing staff was great - I had the same nurse from our first consult to egg retrieval, which was really valuable. Unfortunately, the nurse left CCRM prior to the transfer, and I went back and forth between nurses which I didn't like (not always current on my situation, not quite as empathetic, forgot to call with results, etc.). I wish that I had the same nurse throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic did a great job - the egg retrieval went as planned and I was fortunate to have a significant number of eggs retrieved. We were also able to produce a significant number of embryos for freezing. In all, no complaints about the clinical team.
Dr. M was very conservative in her approach and only recommended one embryo for transfer, but allowed us to make the final call which I really appreciated. We ultimately went with her recommendation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
The nurse had calculated the wrong date for me to start my meds. Fortunately I caught this prior to starting my calendar, otherwise this would have resulted in a cancelled cycle.
Treated 2014 - 2015
NUrsing staff [at CCRM Denver] was always busy. I had one bad experience during an IUI, in which a new intern I hadn't met was allowed to insert the speculum. It took her minutes of jabbing around and hitting my cervix repeatedly, and I eventually in tears asked her to stop. Someone else was brought in, and the rest of it went smoothly, but I was so upset and in pain. No one apologized, and I was left to feel really awkward. It often felt like the nurse didn't know my name or remember what my specifics were; I was constantly having to remind them of my unusually short ovulation cycle, and it was in my chart, and yet the nurses kept giving me wrong instructions for taking medication and scheduling appointments.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Nice and knowledgeable. I didn't feel like the course of treatment was specific to me, but was instead a standard cookie cutter approach. Also, after all my testing, I was never handed an officially-named diagnosis, so I believed for months that it was 'unidentified infertility.' It wasn't until after I had been getting treatment for 1.5 years there and was discussing starting IVF with Dr Minjarez that I asked about its success rates with unidentified infertility. She casually looked at me and said, "it's not unidentified; you have 'diminished ovarian reserve'." I was shocked - those words had never been said to me. It didn't really change anything moving forward for IVF, but still felt.... wrong, after all the thousands of dollars and tests and hours spent with staff there. I also wouldn't have pursued 3 rounds of IUI had I known that.
Ask for specifics! Bring pen/paper or ask if you can record!
Changed nurses often, and felt like they barely knew my name. Also changed doctors midstream. Everyone was kind and knowledgeable, but I certainly didn't feel acknowledged as a person. Also, when I had my first unsuccessful cycle, I was a real mess, even weeks later. The staff knew it, and multiple nurses and my doctor said they would have their staff psychiatrist set up a time with me to make sure I was okay. I never heard from anyone, and I was too depressed/ashamed to make an appointment myself. I am glad that in the end I didn't hurt myself or suffer longlasting depression, but that could have easily been a result and I feel now that they were a bit negligent in knowing what they knew and not following through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shana, then Christina)
NUrsing staff was always busy. I had one bad experience during an IUI, in which a new intern I hadn't met was allowed to insert the speculum. It took her minutes of jabbing around and hitting my cervix repeatedly, and I eventually in tears asked her to stop. Someone else was brought in, and the rest of it went smoothly, but I was so upset and in pain. No one apologized, and I was left to feel really awkward. It often felt like the nurse didn't know my name or remember what my specifics were; I was constantly having to remind them of my unusually short ovulation cycle, and it was in my chart, and yet the nurses kept giving me wrong instructions for taking medication and scheduling appointments. I also did not like that nurses would only call with medication dosage and timing instructions. They wouldn't email them. This led to a particularly bad IVF cycle (my first) in which I couldn't' remember the final dosage of HCG and couldn't find anyone who could tell me what it was in the middle of the night; the night nurse instructed me to take the wrong dosage. This was the night before my egg retrieval. They were still able to retrieve eggs, but a significant number were not mature and I still wonder if this is due to the incorrect dosage I took. Had the nurse emailed me or written instructions down, this would not have happened. As it was, she called me when I was out at the grocery store without pen/paper, and she still told me the exact times and dosages for five different medicines across a 3 day period, didn't repeat them, and hung up. I had to then try to remember exactly and write them down in my phone, and couldn't remember the final dosage. So all in all, while the staff is generally professional and competent, they could use some improvement in coordinating care.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clean, a bit sterile, things generally move on time. Pretty flexible for patients who work (they would make an exception and schedule early appointments ~7am for bloodwork and routine exams for those of us with early morning meetings).
total spent ~$50,000 for 3 IUIs, 1 egg retrieval, 2 IVF cycles, medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
I described earlier, regarding the incorrect dosage of HCG and the unspoken diagnosis.

Treated 2014
Cares a lot about a patient; knows all the history; can be reached at any time - even from his email... Always spares more than enough time to a patient... he's a well-skilled doctor; I think the best in CCRM; his treatment style is aggressive but result-oriented.
Could hardly reach her [my nurse]... Couldn't call or email her directly. Mixed a lot of stuff, so I always had to be on top of everything, remind her or the others what they needed to do. Very poor nursing service for such a great doctor and clinic.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I handpicked him based on his reviews on social media - and a all was on target. A wonderful doctor with great skills; knowledgeable, talented, up to date with recent research. He has a great bedside manner; is responsive, easily approachable, witty, compassionate. Spares his time to you as much as needed. He's got an aggressive treatment style which is result-oriented and he's very successful. A perfect doctor by all means..
Don't hold back any questions and share your concerns - if you have any - with him. He will definitely listen to you and either him or you will be convinced at the end with your next step
Great bedside manner while stating all the facts candidly and professionally. Cares a lot about a patient; knows all the history; can be reached at any time - even from his email; responsive, humorous and very gentle. Listens to patient's concerns and acts accordingly if it's applicable - if not, convinces with facts. Always spares more than enough time to a patient. And to top it all; he's a well-skilled doctor; I think the best in CCRM; his treatment style is aggressive but result-oriented.
1 cycle was EPP/Saizen (Estrogen priming with sazien) which didn't work on me at all - Cetrotide which was used at priming suppressed my ovaries too much and result was really disappointing - no blasts and normals came out of that cycle. Then he changed the protocol to testesterone & estrogen priming antagonist with Saizen. It was a rock star protocol and I did great with it; 20 eggs retrieved, 17 were mature (thanks to Dr Gustofson's tweaks of meds during the cycle, it's an art); 11 fertilized; 4 blasts and 3 came back normals - one resulted in my daughter :) So the last cycle was the same again, but this time I didn't want aggressive stimming and pushed him to lower Gonal f. He didn't really want it but we met halfway - started high, then decreased. That was a good cycle too; 17 retrieved, 15 mature, 11 fert; 2 blasts; but no normals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Helen Bolster)
Could hardly reach her. She was away most of the days, yet I never was informed which days they were. Couldn't call or email her directly. Mixed a lot of stuff, so I always had to be on top of everything, remind her or the others what they needed to do. Very poor nursing service for such a great doctor and clinic
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
They were mainly because of my nurse. My transfer was about to be cancelled since I couldn't reach her and didn't know what to do - finally reached the doctor directly but lost some days.