7.3

10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027

However, when I did touch base with Dr. K [Kondapalli] for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine. ... Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. ... The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse.
They [CCRM] might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. ... I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. ... You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. We, admittedly, didn't take as much advantage the first couple of appointments with her to ask her questions. During our 3rd regroup, we made it a point to collect questions we had through out the process so we could get her feedback. She provided sufficient responses to our of our questions. We even had some feedback about the process and our nurse and she addressed them fairly and compassionately.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
This goes for any appointment with your doctor. Collect questions you might have through out your own personally research and reading. Feel free to ask all the questions you might have even if you feel comfortable about what you've already read about the topic. At CCRM, you don't have frequent interaction with your doctor so make sure to take advantage of every regroup meeting. I have not personally taken advantage of this yet but I recommend reaching out to your doctor outside of the normal regroup meetings if you have something specific you want them to address. In terms of care, I believe even if I did not interact directly with Dr. K, that she was privy to my progress, labs, and check ups.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse. However, when I did touch base with Dr. K for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine.
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
3 IUIs all with 100mg clomid on days 5-10. Estradiol suppositories 3x day for the first round and 2x a day for the 2nd and 3rd. It wasn't until our IVF stimulation regroup that I saw my lining never got thick enough to be a viable IUI attempt for the 2nd and 3rd. The IUI itself felt like a procedural process rather than a viable attempt at pregnancy. At the time of the IUIs, I did not want to be as involved in my numbers and just blindly followed directions. I wish I would have been more engaged. During my IVF cycle (still in the middle of it), Dr. K's 21 day estrogen priming protocol with 300 iu menopur seemed to have done the trick with 29 follicles (19 of which were bigger). She allowed me to skip a couple of follicle check ultrasounds and labs which I really appreciated. My E2 levels did sky rocket so we dropped down to 75 ui of menopur on day 12 of stims. She also adjusted my trigger protocol to lupron only due to my high E2 levels. My retrieval date was adjusted based on follicle size. Unfortunately, we had purchased additional menopur and Novarel at the start of the stim cycle not knowing that the protocols could change. I wish we had known to order meds incrementally so we wouldn't have extras. The nurse did say she would trade me any medication that hasn't been opened with others I may need for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
My nurse, Tracy, was very compassionate and easy going. I'm not sure if it as a communication issue with the Dr. or what but there was some confusion along the way. I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. Requests for copies of my reports in the portal were largely unanswered. A couple of times, I touched base with a different nurse after my follicle checks or over the phone only to learn there were other appointments that I did not know i needed to make. Could this be a business process issue with CCRM by having the nurses act as the care coordinator? I recommend making it a point to ask for results specifically and meet with a nurse after each appointment to make sure multiple nurses have looked at your file and can speak to your progress.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've read other reviews here that they felt like a cattle in a cattle call at CCRM. Yes, CCRM has a much larger volume of patients than any other Colorado reproductive endocrinologist. Their business processes are going to reflect that. Some people feel more at ease with regular frequent contact with their doctor rather than regroup appointments at certain points in their care however, I don't believe frequent interaction with your doctor necessarily results in the best care. I do believe there are some downfalls of their business and finance departments. They might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. The appointments themselves were efficient and straight forward. CCRM's lab and research is supposed to be what gives them the highest success rates. So far, I've observed this to be true. You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
Fertility first (first time IVF) package allowed 10% off. 21K upfront covered ultrasounds, lab work, regroup appointments with doctor, transfer, ICSI, retrieval and transfers, genetic counseling, 4 PGS embryos. Did not cover diagnostics like doppler test (40 copay but insurance might have covered this), communicable testing ($400 per person), and specialty meds (approximately $5K with about $400 worth left over). The IUIs were probably 2,000 or so each.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Have not transferred yet so don't know for sure. I do recall her saying she recommends single embryo transfers after CCS (PGS) testing due to the high success rates.
Denver
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred)... He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions... As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred). My previous doctor said "the embryos looked good" vs. Dr. Schoolcraft stating the transferred embryos were "wonky" and didn't appear to be the best quality. When meeting during our follow up appointment at the one day workup, he demonstrated an understanding of my infertility history and provided thoughtful comments in response to my decision to move forward with an egg donor cycle given my severe diminished ovarian reserve/ high FSH diagnosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared to ask questions about your case and proposed treatment. He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan. He immediately explained that most of the people that come to him have multiple failed cycles elsewhere and he realizes that he has one shot with these patients. He reiterated that his goals are aligned with mine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions. By the end of my one day workup, all of the front desk employees knew me on a first name basis, greeted me with a smile, etc.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
N/A- I am awaiting a donor egg cycle at this time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
I have been given a dedicated nurse while I am a patient at CCRM as well as a dedicated back up nurse which is greatly appreciated. At my previous clinic, I spoke and met with a different nurse each time I was called for IVF instructions or Day 2/3 IVF monitoring. My nurses at CCRM have been extremely kind and never make me feel like I am bothering them. They are extremely knowledgeable, communicate clearly and return calls/emails in a timely manner. Overall, it has been a great experience thus far.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM-Lone Tree is very organized and well run. As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated. In terms of the actual care, they provide an IVF class to walk you through the process, things to be aware of, potential risks as well as preparation and expected timelines. They provide a binder with all important information, check lists and resources for patients so that you can easily refer back to the information at a later date. In my experience, the clinic ran appointments on time, I was always greeted with a smile and the environment had a peaceful feel. The business office checks all insurance benefits and is prepared to discuss the financials during the one day workup. I really can't say anything negative at this point in time.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
The clinic and doctor did say that they prefer to transfer one embryo at a time. I'm sure there are instances and cases where other guidelines would apply. I did not press this point given we will be doing CCS testing.
Treated 2018 - 2019
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she [Dr. Kondapalli] is your lady!...Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc.
all the random questions I sent her [nurse at CCRM], she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations...I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She was very kind and warm, and considering the delicacy of the situation, always knew how to say the right thing. She never gave us false promise, but gave us enough hope with the actual facts based on our unique situation.
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she is your lady!
Dr Kondapalli knew us by name, even when she ran into us in the waiting room or hallway and we weren't scheduled to see her! She was always so supportive, personable (remembering small details about our life and situation), and overall did an excellent job.
Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc. After that, the process was pretty "normal". Getting donor eggs, fertilizing, genetic testing (which CCRM highly advises and even though it adds about $6k more, makes sure you don't transfer an embryo that is defective or will miscarry), and then the transfer. I really feel that all of the tiny precautions and extra steps Dr. K and CCRM build into their process increase the chance for success, and give them credit for us successfully getting pregnant on our first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
Kristi was UNBELIEVABLY amazing. She was always quick to reply, gave me thorough answers, celebrated with me when things went well, and empathized when they didn't. Every time I got worried, she reassured me and made me feel better. And all the random questions I sent her, she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations. Beyond Kristi, Dale, Helen and the other nursing team were wonderful. They quickly replied if Kristi wasn't available and were always very knowledgeable and supportive.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a wonderful clinic that I would highly recommend. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do believe they are more expensive than others. That said, I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
To get from zero to transfer, we spent about $55,000. This was all out of pocket! We lucked out that the medication was covered by insurance (but nothing else), and only had to spend about $1000 on that. I've heard it can be $5-10k if you pay in full.
No comments, we had a pretty good chance of success and definitely did not want twins so very easily made the decision to opt for eSET.
Treated 2018 - 2019
he [Dr. Schoolcraft] lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming...each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all...Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not.
Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered [at CCRM Colorado] is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE...When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit...Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always stat
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Hearing and reading about Dr. Schoolcraft I knew what to expect when meeting with him. He is pretty stone faced and his demeanor is intimidating in that sense because for me personally, I am always seeking compassion and tenderness from my doctors especially in this particular field of work. He is a man of few words and his answers are brief, but he does radiate this confidence that really made me believe that HE will be the one to make my & my husband's parenthood dreams a reality. I must say that Dr. Schoolcraft did surprise me a bit at our first transfer when was very lighthearted and made a joke before the transfer. It really did calm the room, gave us all a laugh and put me more at ease. What was even more surprising was that at our second transfer to our surrogate (which my husband and I did not attend) he made another comment to her that was silly and out of character and put her at ease. I loved hearing that from our surrogate and that she definitely never saw the cut/dry personality he could possess.
Always be prepared with questions and follow up questions. He likely will not initiate the conversations with you.
Living out of state, each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all. This is QUITE the contrary from a majority of the nurses we've encountered - both in the IVF and third party (surrogacy) departments. Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not. However, the clinic and lab are extraordinary so once I had first hand experience of how the phone conversations would go with the doctor, I learned to ask most of my questions to my nurses.
As this relates to my courses of treatment, I'll start this by informing the reader that I do not get a period and I do not have a uterus. My first cycle was very similar to the cycle outlined below with the exception that I started taking Follistim 300mg for about 3 days prior to having my doses lowered. For this first cycle another doctor did my retrieval because Schoolcraft was out of town. Some of my eggs had to be removed abdominally which in my other two previous cycles at another clinic was never necessary. For my second cycle (which I am about to start priming for next week) he lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming - antagonist using Estrace 2mg and Prometrium 200mg. Then moving on to 2 vials of menopur in the morning, 150 units Follistim + Clomid 100mg + Dexamethasone in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna, Katie (GC nurses) and Ellie (IVF nurse))
I cannot communicate enough good things about Dr. Schoolcraft's nursing staff. Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE. My IVF nurse prefers to correspond through the clinic's portal and though her answers are generally short and to the point - I never feel like I am needing more from her. The third party nurses are on another level of excellence. They will always get on the phone to talk, always send emails directly to my email address and I NEVER feel like I am out of line or bothering them or annoying. They are the ABSOLUTE BEST. And when I get frustrated with Dr. Schoolcraft because he doesn't give any of that, the girls compensate wholeheartedly in their jobs. You MUST request to work with Shawna or Katie if you need a third party nurse at CCRM. Earlier this year we lost our first pregnancy at 13 weeks. Our surrogate was carrying our first little baby and was incredibly sick throughout the pregnancy. Our care was discontinued with CCRM after 10 weeks of pregnancy, you actually get a congratulations email and "graduate" and even though that was the case that we were no longer under their care, they still helped me tirelessly answering questions, navigating next steps, and supporting me and my husband. I have so much love for Shawna and Katie. Our surrogate is pregnant again and while we are still very early in the process (past the 11 week mark now) Shawna and Katie have been overly compassionate, logical, and true heroes this time around. Everything that I have asked for (repeating tests, sending orders for extra tests, asking personal opinions), they have been PATIENT and kind and just very open and warm to me and my husband. There is no way that we could navigate this process, mentally or emotionally without them on our team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM operates like a well oiled machine. When my husband and I first stepped foot into the clinic for our one day workup we were beyond impressed. The level of organization and efficiency is incredible. Schedules are organized and all you have to do is show up and go where you are told at the time you are instructed. Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always state your name and birthdate! This helps the staff and also allows you to get to the right person quicker.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
Since my husband and I traveled to Denver from out of state we incurred additional expenses related to airfare, car rentals, accommodations, etc. When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit. We paid out of pocket for all of our blood work and ultrasounds during that one day workup totaling about $3K. Genetic testing screenings provided by the clinic were $350/person. Cycle payment including anesthesia $6,286 Lab fees including genetic testing $12,831 Abdominal retrieval (additional charge) $623 Shipping kit for blood workups for out of state was $110 each time.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly believed in implanting ONE embryo. Our surrogate also preferred that in her contract. And, at the time we transferred my embryos were created when I was 35 and my husband 33.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
At one point Shawna (our third party nurse) was out on maternity leave and the office must have been very busy and overwhelmed initially. One of the other nurses who may be an assistant or someone I never deal with sent an email to me referencing the wrong surrogate and indicating that she started her period - which was out of left field especially considering the stage we were in. I of course got alarmed when I read the message. And immediately checked in with our carrier to make sure this wasn't true. It was just carelessness which I understand happens but in sensitive situations that fertility clinics encounter 24/7 you need to pay extra attention when communicating to patients. My husband and I ended up having a discussion with the Business Manager who listened to our concerns and was very open about the need to correct them.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

Treated 2016 - 2020
[Dr. Eric Surrey] has great bedside manner. Always made sure we understood what and why things were happening. Always gave us an opportunity to ask questions and never feel rushed...The only things I wish would have been different would have been he suggested or tested for the bcl6 beta integrin test sooner...He also never encouraged us to test our eggs after multiple fails. Our nurse did. Which after we tested them we actually had more abnormal than anyone thought. Overall tho despite still not having a baby, Surrey has been great!
She [nurse at CCRM Colorado] is absolutely amazing! Communication and follow up like no other nurse. Gave us time and information to make the best choices for us. Encouraged us to test our eggs prior to our last transfer and we did which saved us so much heartache!...Seems like communication between everyone can get a little confusing...Very clean facility. I would just suggest you always keep your own ducks in a row and not solely rely on CCRM to remember and follow up. Some things do slip
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey always made personal phone calls to us regarding results or follow up. He has great bedside manner and truly cares for our success. When our transfers failed he had such empathy. Always let us ask questions and never made us feel rushed. We felt like we were his only patients. The only things I wish would have been different would have been he suggested or tested for the bcl6 beta integrin test sooner. We could have saved so much time, money, and emotions. He also never encouraged us to test our eggs after multiple fails. Our nurse did. Which after we tested them we actually had more abnormal than anyone thought. Overall tho despite still not having a baby, Surrey has been great!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Ask questions and be an advocate for yourself
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
He has great bedside manner. Always made sure we understood what and why things were happening. Always gave us an opportunity to ask questions and never feel rushed
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Oh gosh I don’t remember specifics
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna Jewel )
She is absolutely amazing! Communication and follow up like no other nurse. Gave us time and information to make the best choices for us. Encouraged us to test our eggs prior to our last transfer and we did which saved us so much heartache! We love her!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It goes in waves. The business department has had its downfalls but it’s getting better. Seems like communication between everyone can get a little confusing but again with my new nurse Shawna we haven’t had this. Very clean facility. I would just suggest you always keep your own ducks in a row and not solely rely on CCRM to remember and follow up. Some things do slip
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
Well we have done 3 transfers up to this point. With meds, tests, labs, procedures, Accupuncture, etc. we are at roughly $80,000.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
He always left the choice in our court and backed up what we wanted to do
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
We just had an issue of getting my H&P from my PCP to CCRM. Took a couple times for it to get into the right hands
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. G [Gustofson] encouraged us to go right into IVF, which was unsurprising, given my diminished ovarian reserve. My husband and I were more hesitant as we've been successfully pregnant naturally before and wanted to at least try medicated cycles before spending thousands on IVF. Dr. G supported us in this decision and we made changes with each medicated cycle. Our first two cycles were timed intercourse with letrozole.
We've now had experiences with all the other nurses (I think) in the CCRM Louisville office and they are all wonderful. They are all compassionate, organized, extremely responsive, and very knowledgeable.... CCRM is one of the best clinics in the country - they have an excellent lab and they use cutting edge technology.... For 4 medicated cycles, it was approximately $750-1000 per cycle. One IVF cycle will be approximately $24,000.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I am grateful that Dr. G is 15 minutes from my house as he is a world-renowned RE. My husband and I feel that he looks out for our best interests and truly wants to help us get pregnant. He is honest, direct, and compassionate. He is easy to communicate with and at appointments we have never felt rushed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Be honest with what you want out of your fertility journey so that Dr. G has a good starting point.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is honest, direct, and compassionate. At first, his directness felt at odds with his very cheery manner (especially when he's not delivering great news) but I appreciate it now. He is extremely responsive (even to emails!) and is open to patient requests. I pushed for a treatment to thicken my lining and while it's not something that he's utilized before, he approved it. I feel he has our best interest at heart.
Describe the protocols Robert Gustofson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Dr. G encouraged us to go right into IVF, which was unsurprising, given my diminished ovarian reserve. My husband and I were more hesitant as we've been successfully pregnant naturally before and wanted to at least try medicated cycles before spending thousands on IVF. Dr. G supported us in this decision and we made changes with each medicated cycle. Our first two cycles were timed intercourse with letrozole. Our second two cycles were IUI with letrozole. We upped the dose up the letrozole to 10mg by the third round because I was the most responsive to that. He also put me on estrogen and progesterone to help with my lining issues. I am about to start priming for my first egg retrieval with him. I have a full month of priming on testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine G)
My nurse is Christine G. and she is excellent. We've now had experiences with all the other nurses (I think) in the CCRM Louisville office and they are all wonderful. They are all compassionate, organized, extremely responsive, and very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is one of the best clinics in the country - they have an excellent lab and they use cutting edge technology. Dr. Schoolcraft is one of the most reputable REs in the world. Their main Lone Tree office felt a little sterile to me compared to the cozy Louisville office, but I really have no other comments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.
Describe Robert Gustofson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Treated 2019 - 2020
While CCRM is a large clinic, Dr G [Gustofson] does a fantastic job of making us feel cared for and seen as people over numbers. ... Dr. G performed a full work up before determining a course of treatment for us. He individualizes every persons care. Due to my specific condition, I was put on 250 units of Clomid, rather than the more typical 100 units. ... He remembers us and our names each time we see him, he asks about our family members by name, and he never rushes the appointment. We always spend at least 10 minutes chatting and catching up on life before delving into any procedural stuff.
The clinic [CCRM] is calm, clean, and well run. At times, you’ll wait a little longer than your appointment time but this is not a common occurrence. Making appointments is easy and they usually have several options. The transitions between rooms is smooth and comfortable. The office suite is a bit hard to find as it is in a wing of a hospital and on an upper floor, so maybe they should provide better direction on where to go when you get there the first time.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Each time we get to see Dr G it is a truly wonderful experience. He explains everything in a way that we can understand it. For example, instead of throwing the name of a medication at us and moving on, he will show us what it looks like and tell us exactly what it does when it is administered. He cares about us as people and is honest while remaining compassionate. He and his wife have struggled with infertility making him especially relatable and easy to talk to. The one downfall is that Dr G simply determines the course of treatment and monitors it to see if it needs adjustment, but we don’t see him for any minor procedures like IUIs. And unless your retrieval day falls on the days he works at the main office, another doctor will perform your procedure. They do make sure that your doctor is there for your embryo transfer though. He is an incredibly kind and knowledgeable doctor.
Be honest with him and ask as many questions as possible. He will describe everything he can, but it’s up to you to leave with the information you want and need. He will take the time to answer them.
While CCRM is a large clinic, Dr G does a fantastic job of making us feel cared for and seen as people over numbers. He remembers us and our names each time we see him, he asks about our family members by name, and he never rushes the appointment. We always spend at least 10 minutes chatting and catching up on life before delving into any procedural stuff.
Dr. G performed a full work up before determining a course of treatment for us. He individualizes every persons care. Due to my specific condition, I was put on 250 units of Clomid, rather than the more typical 100 units. For IVF, I was on Menopur, Ganirellix, Gonal F, Clomid, and one other that I can’t remember the name of. I was monitored via ultrasound and blood draw each day to determine if a dosage change was needed. It did change often for the best results possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine Gallagher )
Each patient is assigned to a nurse. Christine was our nurse and she is the best nurse I have ever had in any medical capacity. She is knowledgeable, kind, organized, and an incredible communicator. She is always available for patients to ask any questions or express any worries or thoughts. She never hesitates to comfort people and she only has the best interest of patients in mind. She shared in our sadness at each failed treatment and celebrates the great parts too. She is also an incredible advocate for everyone and takes the appropriate information back to Dr G
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is calm, clean, and well run. At times, you’ll wait a little longer than your appointment time but this is not a common occurrence. Making appointments is easy and they usually have several options. The transitions between rooms is smooth and comfortable. The office suite is a bit hard to find as it is in a wing of a hospital and on an upper floor, so maybe they should provide better direction on where to go when you get there the first time.
All the costs are pretty transparent on their website but we spent about $600/IUI and the cost of our IVF was $14,667 and we paid $4,000 with insurance. This included all medication and procedures
Our doctor does single embryo transfers for most patients. He cares about the safety and well-being of women and their babies, which is why he prefers single transfers. He will take this as a case by case basis though.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Our clinic location is great. One time we had to visit another location of the same clinic due to our location being closed on the weekends. The nurse we saw there was giving us different timing instructions than our nurse did for the trigger shot. We reached out to our nurse and got clarification but it was a bit confusing.

Treated 2020
This clinic [CCRM Colorado] is a one stop treatment center. You go for about 5-6 hours and do all your initial diagnostic work-ups all in one building. When you first arrive, you have to sit through an orientation, which was interesting. Then, you start doing tests, everything from blood-work to hysteroscopy to ultrasounds of your ovaries. My partner also did semen analysis and blood-work. Every single lab technician was highly professional. My one complaint was you also to meet with a financial coordinator. In our case, that person seemed uninformed about what our insurances cover and don't cover despite having information from us before our visit.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft has devised a very particular treatment plan for me. I am 46 years old. Although I froze eggs over 6 years ago, I know that that does not guarantee a healthy pregnancy. I came to Dr. Schoolcraft after being treated like a number by the clinic that did my egg retrieval. It's a huge cost and emotional investment to travel to Colorado to do this treatment. But from the first instance of talking to Dr. Schoolcraft, I felt treated with such dignity and compassion. Dr. Schoolcraft has been honest and direct about my chances of IVF working. He is going to do one round, but he believes my frozen eggs represent my best chance. I have tremendous anxiety about that process but Dr. Schoolcraft both explained completely how his lab works and then had his chief embryologist speak with me. I talked to her three times on the phone! They both have answered every question. Plus, Dr. Schoolcraft has put me on a regime of daily supplements and developed a very specific drug protocol for when I start IVF. I have absolutely no doubt that he will give me the best treatment tailored specifically to me and my needs. He's deeply compassionate, thorough and speaks in very clear and kind manner.
Call him immediately. Do not waste time going to clinics where you can't get a doctor on the phone. Set up a phone consultation if you have concerns about traveling to Colorado. Just 2 minutes into your call you will be convinced.
Dr. Schoolcraft has been a wonderful physician to both my partner and I. We came to him after feeling frustrated with the factory-life feel of the clinic where I had frozen eggs over five years ago. A friend had recommended Dr. Schoolcraft, who helped her have a baby after multiple miscarriages. We initially spoke with Dr. Schoolcraft over the phone. He was extremely reassuring that we had options despite my advanced age and that his lab could work with the frozen eggs. The idea of traveling to Colorado from New York was extremely daunting (both financially and psychology), but we decided to go there in February for an initial intake and diagnostic consultation. Our treatment by Dr. Schoolcraft and his colleagues at CCRM was unbelievable. He was direct about the obstacles of doing a fresh round of IVF, but consulted us to try at least once and at the same time to have my frozen eggs shipped to his lab. We spoke directly with the head embyrologist, who explained the exact process she would use and reassured us that my eggs would be safe. Every nurse and technician who performed lab and other tests on us were warm, professional and highly informative. After that intake, I have spoke several other times with Dr. Schoolcraft. He responds quickly by phone and spends copious amounts of time with me. He is has fast-tracked me to start treatment as soon as possible, and I feel extremely confident that if anyone can help me be a mother it is him. I realize that my chances are complicated because of my age, but I believe that Dr. Schoolcraft and CCRM will do their best to work with the frozen eggs I have and give me a protocol for IVF that will generate the possible chance. Most of all, they are so supportive and available, I feel that I am not a number, but a human who they care about.
We haven't started a protocol yet, but the plan is to begin with a testosterone gel applied every morning and an Estrace 2mg tablet by mouth twice daily. After about two weeks, I start Prometrium at 200mg twice a day. On cycle day 21, I start a testosterone patch, which I do daily for 5 days. At the start of my next cycle, I start stimulation medications, which includes Menopur, Gonal-F/Follistin and Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tara Wells)
Tara has been absolutely terrific. She worked with us the day we did our diagnostic work and walked us through all aspects of the treatment. Since our visit to Colorado, she responds quickly to phone or email questions. When she is unavailable one of her colleagues calls back to give an update or take a question to relay to her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is a one stop treatment center. You go for about 5-6 hours and do all your initial diagnostic work-ups all in one building. When you first arrive, you have to sit through an orientation, which was interesting. Then, you start doing tests, everything from blood-work to hysteroscopy to ultrasounds of your ovaries. My partner also did semen analysis and blood-work. Every single lab technician was highly professional. My one complaint was you also to meet with a financial coordinator. In our case, that person seemed uninformed about what our insurances cover and don't cover despite having information from us before our visit. She sent us on a wild goose chase to try to get better coverage from my insurance that was never going to happen.
The costs are projected to cost about $12,000 for one cycle, which will also include working with my frozen eggs. We are doing to do both IVF and try to fertilize the frozen eggs.
Dr. Schoolcraft promotes elective single embryo transfer.

Success w/ Doc 11 Eggs Frozen
I decided to get a second opinion from Dr. Sara Barton...and I am so grateful that I did! She was kind, understanding, and professional. She listened to my experience, had me get retested at CCRM to confirm my AMH (1.3)and FSH (10.5) #s, and walked me through all the possibilities with egg harvesting - both good and bad. I made the decision to go through the egg harvesting process in February and was able to freeze more eggs than I expected (11!). Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
Strengths [of staff at CCRM Colorado]: Kind, compassionate, knowledgeable Weaknesses: May come across as cold to some people - but I appreciated that she told the truth and stuck to science and what the numbers really mean. Overall, I'd definitely recommend... Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton was kind, knowledgeable, and professional. She listened and was understanding and helped me understand the good and the possible bad that could happen. Overall, I really appreciated my time with her and am so grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Be honest and open!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I had the best experience at CCRM. In July of last year, I went to a different endocrinologist who gave me a pretty bleak fertility outlook and who presented the news in a very unprofessional manner. After grieving for a few weeks, I decided to get a second opinion from Dr. Sara Barton at CCRM, and I am so grateful that I did! She was kind, understanding, and professional. She listened to my experience, had me get retested at CCRM to confirm my AMH (1.3)and FSH (10.5) #s, and walked me through all the possibilities with egg harvesting - both good and bad. I made the decision to go through the egg harvesting process in February and was able to freeze more eggs than I expected (11!). Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Britney)
Britney was so amazing. Was always available to answer my questions. Really appreciated how she walked me through how to do all the injections. I felt super supported and cared for the entire time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: Kind, compassionate, knowledgeable Weaknesses: May come across as cold to some people - but I appreciated that she told the truth and stuck to science and what the numbers really mean. Overall, I'd definitely recommend.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
I really appreciated that the team worked around my busy morning work schedule. I got to know the ultrasound staff and felt seen and heard at every appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.
$800 consultation fee, $17k for the entire egg retrieval process (includes both procedure and medications)

Treated 2020
I don't have enough positive things to say about Dr. Barton. Truly, there isn't a single thing I would change from my previous interactions with her. She made me feel comfortable with my struggles, and confident in her abilities as my provider. I wish she could be my doctor for every ailment, that's how much I trusted her and enjoyed her company...
[CCRM Colorado]was clean...You got a call back 95% of the time when it was expected, sometimes I had to follow up the next day because a nurse thought I got my question answered. Responses were incredibly timely through their online portal...Our primary nurse was out of the office for the first few weeks we started out at CCRM. We didn't ask where she was, but we ended up getting passed around a bit in the beginning. There were also issues with our insurance agency coverage, but Ruby was helpful in solving that issue. A
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Your feelings are valid, your confusion is okay and you are not alone in this journey. Ask questions, talk to people who have been through it before, and remember that you're so strong for putting your body and your mind through this.
Dr. Barton was so kind and empathetic from day one. I had seen a previous doctor that just stared at me when I cried about my infertility. Dr. Barton was understanding, compassionate, and assured me that my husband and I would be okay. I wish COVID wasn't a thing because I would've hugged her 30000 times by now, I'm crying even thinking about how much I appreciate her as a practitioner and as a human - even though we've only spoken a total of 6 times. Nobody wants to go through IVF, but if I had to do it over again I would only do it with Dr. Barton.
Describe the protocols Sara Barton used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Went on birth control before starting meds prior to my egg retrieval, this is to make sure they can regulate your period and track your cycle more concisely. Then two weeks leading up to the retrieval I had to administer different shots in my stomach up to three times a day to trick my body into producing as many eggs at once as possible. Cetrotide specifically burned when it went in, can't remember the names of the others but there were three different meds. Leading up to the embryo transfer, you start vaginal meds (endrometrin) up to three times per day, patches on your skin, and projesterone oil shots in your butt. After the transfer, the three medicines were continued for two months. It helps to warm the projesterone oil up with a heating pad before you inject it, and it's best to have someone else administer the shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Our primary nurse was out of the office for the first few weeks we started out at CCRM. We didn't ask where she was, but we ended up getting passed around a bit in the beginning. There were also issues with our insurance agency coverage, but Ruby was helpful in solving that issue. At one point, we were loaned medicine from CCRM because of the insurance miscommunication. Our nurse Kate was extremely understanding and helpful, but when we talked to Molly (who didn't know our situation) she inferred that we were potentially taking meds away from cancer patients - which was uncomfortable to hear after we were assured from Kate that this wasn't the case.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinic was clean, everyone was spaced apart appropriately during COVID. You got a call back 95% of the time when it was expected, sometimes I had to follow up the next day because a nurse thought I got my question answered. Responses were incredibly timely through their online portal.
Total was roughly $13k for CCRM services. Medicine was $300. Our insurance covered a lot of the meds.
Describe Sara Barton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Barton said it was safer to just transfer one at a time (for both the baby and the mother). We had no issue just putting one embryo in.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Surrey is very caring, but also is blunt and honest. He excels at answering questions. Sometimes he goes a little bit too fast when giving information and options, which makes it difficult to process information. ... Used antagonist protocol with clomid. Dr. Surrey felt we could use a relatively aggressive protocol considering my resting follicle count which was 12.
Strengths: expertise, great hours open/operating hours [at CCRM Colorado]. Having a genetic counselor on site is amazing and very helpful. The ultrasound techs are really great, always felt comfortable and confident in them. ... Weaknesses: The financial office seems somewhat disorganized, got different answers from different people, had a hard time getting prices in black and white on some things. Sometimes the different departments didn't coordinate well i.e. nursing and financial.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is very caring, but also is blunt and honest. He excels at answering questions. Sometimes he goes a little bit too fast when giving information and options, which makes it difficult to process information. He is personable and seems to truly care for us and be excited about our fertility treatments. I appreciated his honesty and friendliness.
Know that he will quote you lots of statistics and numbers, he is obviously very knowledgeable.
Dr. Surrey himself is very personable and attentive to my specific questions. The clinic sometimes makes you feel a bit of one of the numbers, mostly just in the difficulty reaching the nursing staff i.e. they are perhaps too busy at times, and the courses and steps they make you go through sometimes make you feel a bit like just one of the number. That being said, a lot of the information is really good.
Used antagonist protocol with clomid. Dr. Surrey felt we could use a relatively aggressive protocol considering my resting follicle count which was 12. Initially on ultrasound it appeared that only 4-5 follicles were responding, and my LH surge started happening despite taking the medications exactly as prescribed. During retrieval they were actually able to get 8 follicles. Of these only 6 were fertilized, 4 made it to blast/were biopsied, and then only 1 was PGS tested as normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Our nurse was extremely friendly and answered all my questions without any judgement. She was sometimes hard to reach and I felt the clinic's management of when she was off i.e. coverage was poor. The nurses overall however are all friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: expertise, great hours open/operating hours. Having a genetic counselor on site is amazing and very helpful. The ultrasound techs are really great, always felt comfortable and confident in them. I love how the nurses met with me after each and every ultrasound. Weaknesses: The financial office seems somewhat disorganized, got different answers from different people, had a hard time getting prices in black and white on some things. Sometimes the different departments didn't coordinate well i.e. nursing and financial.
We were able to utilize a discount program via our insurance, total for the cycle was 13,090 to include FET with additional 5,500 required for PGS/lab costs. Costs without this discount would have been closer to 19K baseline
Dr. Surrey strongly prefers a single embryo transfer approach, however was open to more but strongly cautioned and gave risks.
Lone Tree

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.

Treated 2017 - 2019
At first I wasn't entirely sure how the process would go because Dr. Barton began by spending most of her time managing expectations/verging on discouraging me. ... And she really took seriously my past history with autoimmune disease and extreme sensitivity to hormones in the past. ... She really advocated for me, whether that was regarding lab use of donor sperm or by retrieving a very small number of eggs.
They [CCRM Colorado] messed up a number of things for me during my IUI cycles (and didn't let me know when my referral was no longer valid, even though I had no other way of knowing that it had expired). So I ended up paying for two full IUIs when I was entitled to an insurance discount. ... The main challenge with this was not the lack of knowing about certain circumstances I discussed, but that she didn't always admit that she didn't know, and just gave me inaccurate information (which I would have to double-check later, and sometimes it didn't always match up with what the doctor said or what the current peer-reviewed research said)
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Sara Barton is clearly very knowledgable and well-trained. She isn't afraid to set your expectations realistically, but I found that once she did, she was very open to trying new things and working with some auto-immune issues. I really appreciated that she didn't push me to give up or force me to cancel a cycle when I didn't respond well (and I wanted to move forward). I found her to be very compassionate, and she treated me like a colleague instead of talking down to me.
I would be prepared knowing what you really want to do and don't be afraid to speak up when she may be steering you one direction. Be sure to request as many regroups/phonecalls/communication directly with Dr. Barton as you feel is necessary, as some of the nurses weren't the best at communicating accurate information
At first I wasn't entirely sure how the process would go because Dr. Barton began by spending most of her time managing expectations/verging on discouraging me. I was afraid that she would be too negative and wouldn't let me try, but once she gave the stats and such, she really listened to me and to my desires, independent on the "stats of success." She really advocated for me, whether that was regarding lab use of donor sperm or by retrieving a very small number of eggs. And she really took seriously my past history with autoimmune disease and extreme sensitivity to hormones in the past. I felt like she was very caring and very thoughtful about what treatment might work best for an unusual case like mine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie is very wonderful, warm and compassionate. And I never experienced her "dropping the ball." She generally got everything in on time and had good follow-through. I was disappointed as some lack of knowledge that she had when I asked her questions. The main challenge with this was not the lack of knowing about certain circumstances I discussed, but that she didn't always admit that she didn't know, and just gave me inaccurate information (which I would have to double-check later, and sometimes it didn't always match up with what the doctor said or what the current peer-reviewed research said)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Runs like a well-oiled machine. Very efficient, clean and friendly. The billing department was terrible. They messed up a number of things for me during my IUI cycles (and didn't let me know when my referral was no longer valid, even though I had no other way of knowing that it had expired). So I ended up paying for two full IUIs when I was entitled to an insurance discount.
In process

Treated 2017 - 2019
All of the office staff at CCRM - Louisville are awesome! It’s a small clinic and they know me simply by my name when I visit or call. They are friendly, kind and caring and have always been professional.... Carolyn [a nurse] works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We began working with Dr. Barton when she was at an office close to us and since then doesn’t visit that office, so we drive a little farther. It is completely worth it. Her nurses are awesome and even over the phone, Dr. Barton is able to communicate clearly and effectively and shows us that she really cares. Dr. Barton is compassionate but has always given us all the information and has been straight forward.
Best of luck with everything! You’re in great hands!
Dr. Barton is kind and caring and has always used a personal touch.
I can to Dr. Barton struggling to conceive had a uterine polyp removed and suffered one loss. We started with a variety of tests on my husband and myself. No explanation could be reached from all of the tests. We decided to move forward with an IUI treatment and we got pregnant. Unfortunately at 6 weeks there was no “yolk” found in the sac on our ultrasound. We suffered another loss. Dr. Barton said she’d be willing to try another round of IUI, but due to our history IVF would lessen our chances of a loss greatly. We moved forward with a round of IVF. We did an egg retrieval with PGS testing as we had come to the conclusion that genetics were a factor. We retrieved 14 eggs, 5 embryos made it to blastocyst and 3 were genetically typical. We did an FET with our top embryo and while we got a positive Beta, this FET ended in a chemical pregnancy. Moving forward Dr. Barton is suggesting we follow a antihistamine protocol. We were in the very beginning stages when in an ultrasound they found a polyp in my uterus. So frustrating but I’m so glad they found it before it was too late. I’m planning on getting it removed and starting again! Dr. Barton has been honest with us through this entire process and we are looking forward to taking these next steps with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn)
Carolyn works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Our insurance paid partially for our IUI and didn’t cover any of our IVF cycle. I don’t recall what the out of pocket costs were for IUI, for IVF including an FET the cost was around $21,000 without medication.
Dr. Barton suggested we transfer 1 embryo, but she would have been open to discussion.

Treated 2018 - 2019
She always takes the time to thoroughly explain things to my and my husband. She and her staff always remember me, ask me how I'm doing, and give me hugs. I feel like they really care about me. ... Dr. K [Kondapalli] is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K.
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. ... My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. ... I love Angelica! [nurse] ... She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. ...
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K. Dr K also did a fibroid removal surgery for me and it went super smoothly. She even billed it as gynecological instead of for fertility so that it would be covered by my insurance (I have no infertility insurance coverage). She's amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Also, save the drawings she gives you! They are super helpful to look back at later.
We did 2 IUIs with Femara/letrozole. She chose letrozole over clomid because I have a history of optical migraines. I had no ill side effects from the letrozole. I produced 1 mature follicle on 5mg, and 3 mature follicles on 7.5mg. We have no MFI. Both IUIs failed. After that we moved on to IVF which Dr. K was very supportive of. As I am 37, with an AMH of .3 and AFC of 6, I don't have time to waste. We are doing the early embryo banking program with 2 retrievals planned (for now). For my first IVF round, she did an estrogen patch priming protocol with Cetrotide during priming. Stim meds were 150 Menopur, 300 Gonal F, Omnitrope, and dexamethasone. I am still in stims, but had my regroup the other day. I have 9 follicles, but some aren't growing so she has added 7.5mg letrozole to my protocol since I responded well to it. She also mentioned she already has an idea of how she will change up my priming for next time. I appreciate how responsive she is to how my body reacts to the meds. I also love that they do a lot of monitoring during stims so they know what's going on. I think I would be much more anxious if they weren't monitoring as closely. I haven't had my retrieval yet so don't know results yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
I love Angelica! I was sad when she went on maternity leave (though completely understandable of course). The nurses filling in with her did a good job, but I didn't get to really know them and I felt a little lost not having a dedicated nurse. But they were always super responsive and answered all of my questions. I'm glad Angelica was back when we started IVF. She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. They are so on top of everything.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. The packages are clearly spelled out and I haven't had any issues with billing. I've heard that this experience can be very different if you're trying to work with insurance and CCRM. The only weakness I've experienced is with one particular staff member. I don't know her name, but she is always working the checkout desk at the Rose office. She isn't very nice and I always feel like I'm being super annoying by trying to check out and PAY THEM MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY. She also never gives me the itemized receipt, which I always get at checkout at the Lonetree office. But other than that everyone is great. Maybe not the best sign, but the check-in front desk lady knows me by face now. I guess I am there .a lot! My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. They do not use it for anything other than "email" communication. I do not have copies of many of my test results and often won't get details unless I ask my nurse specifically. (They always give it when I ask.) I have been downloading my medical records for my personal files for years, so it feels weird not to have access to them. I also wish you could schedule appointments online and not have to call every time. They make it easy when you call, I'd just prefer to do it online.
IUI cost $458 + $200 for each ultrasound ... probably around $1000-1500 total per IUI. For IVF, with the early embryo banking program, we'll pay $38500 for 2 retrievals (including all monitoring), one frozen embryo transfer, and CCS/PGS testing for up to 6 embryos. Meds for Retrieval #1 cost $5500.
Denver

Each of the doctors I have seen had a history intake of questions. Dr. Surrey's intake was more in depth. Just by looking at my intake, Dr. Surrey thinks I was misdiagnosed almost 5 years ago which ended our fertility journey then and then last year that all changed when I had my first pregnancy at 44 and miscarried 2 weeks later. I saw Dr. Surrey after this and I just didn't feel like a patient and he gave me my hope back of having a family.
The clinic [CCRM- Lone Tree] has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be transparent and don't be afraid of asking questions. I made the mistake of not having any questions ahead of time and even though I had done alot of reading, i still felt very new and uneducated, but that was my fault not the Dr or the Clinic.
I've met with Dr. Surrey once so far and that was for my initial consultation. The intake of questions were more thorough than my previous doctors. He had already gone through my intake and had questions from that. He had a genuine smile and showed empathy. My previous doctors I never felt that way. The Dr before Dr. Surrey was like a robot and showed no emotion at all.
We haven't had any treatment, but it is looking like IVF with PGS testing will be our only course of treatment. The antisperm antibodies makes it almost impossible of achieving a pregnancy naturally and with my age, PGS testing is crucial.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna Jewell)
I had a consult with Shawna on the day of my consult with Dr. Surrey. Even though I haven't had another appointment, I have communicated with Shawna and she is very helpful, forthcoming and empathetic. Her empathy and show of concern is a great comfort to me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
My insurance covers nothing for fertility assessment for me since I'm 45 and the cutoff is 44 or fertility treatment for any age. So everything we pay for is out of pocket. My 3 day hormone test was $555 for 4 hormones and the one day fertility assessment that includes the workup for my husband and I will be $3,000. We are currently saving for this workup. As I understand it, CCRM is one of the best and most expensive clinics there is. My husband is in a wheelchair so medical expenses are nothing new to us, so even though this will be very expensive for us, it's worth it.
I'm not sure what his approach is yet, we haven't got that far in my treatment
Lone Tree
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before....He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach....He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH.
My experience with the clinic [CCRM] has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person.... There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before. We learned more from him in our consultation than we had from our two previous fertility doctors combined. He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach. My only complaint is that he can sometimes put the decisions on me when I need him to guide me as he is the expert. When this happens, I have to ask my nurse to push him for his recommendation. I also have to advocate for myself. I brought up this calcium solution for my embryos and we ended up using it and it was extremely helpful. That was not something that he mentioned to me, but I had heard about it from a Imfertility support group and asked him about it. I have to make sure to have my questions planned out when I see him because he typically expects me to lead the conversation. He is fairly quiet and our meetings are me asking questions and him giving answers.
That you should have all of your questions prepared when you see him so you can get the most out of your time with him.
Everyone in his office was genuine, friendly, knowledgable and caring. We were never made to feel bad for asking questions and we never felt rushed. We were given the opportunity to meet with Dr. Schoolcraft every step of the process for IVF.
So far, I have done one IVF cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft.He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH. He also recommended a clinical trial for me to take an açai supplement three times a day for three months prior to my IVF cycle to help improve egg quality and quantity. I did a priming cycle with estrogen prior to my IVF cycle. My actual IVF cycle consisted of menopur in the morning and gonal f, chlomid and Dexamethasone in the evening for two and a half weeks. When my egg retrieval was closer, I started on certotide once daily in the morning as well. I had 11 resting follicles at the time of my work up in December, but only four follicles in March when I started my IVF cycle. Three of the follicles grew and they were able to get two eggs from my egg retrieval. One egg was mature and the other one matured the next day. Both fertilized normally and amazingly, we got one PGS normal embryo from the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
My nurse has been very good about getting back to me quickly with answers, making sure I have all the information I need and collaborating with the doctor when needed. She made a couple of logistical errors by sending orders to the wrong local fertility clinic and sending the wrong prescriptions to the pharmacy. I had to go back and have her fix her mistakes a couple of times at the beginning of my cycle, but she has been wonderful ever since. She leaves me detailed voicemails and emails answering my questions which is very nice. She has never made me feel bad about asking a lot of questions unlike my previous nurses. She is not the most compassionate person but she’s good at her job and that’s what matters most to me. Every person that I have come in contact with at that fertility center has been warm, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. It is a well-oiled machine over there and their lab is truly amazing.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My experience with the clinic has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person. Every person I have come into contact with there has been extremely helpful and caring. Even the ultrasound techs go above and beyond by explaining every step of the ultrasound and everything you’re looking at. That has been extremely comforting to me as I like to know as much information as possible. Before you leave an appointment they always make sure you meet with your nurse to go over results and next steps and order any prescriptions you may need. At my initial consultation, they included a meeting with a genetic counselor and a psychologist who specializes in fertility. They have everyone in the same building and working for the same cause. Their lab is also state of the art and people come from all over the world to have treatment there. They are great at working with patients out of state like me.
The cost of our IVF cycle was more expensive than at our previous two fertility centers. The IVF cycle in total cost around 26,000 not including medications. I did not qualify for a bundle package with a refund if we were not successful, because I have had failed IVF attempts previously.
I have told my doctor that I am only comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer and he agrees that given my health situation, that is probably the best way to go for me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders. Another time she sent my blood work and ultrasound orders to the wrong fertility clinic. Another time she did not send the orders to the fertility clinic and when I got there they wouldn’t see me for my appointment. Since then, I make sure to get a copy of the order every time just in case the clinic does not receive their fax. I do some of my visits at my local fertility center and then I go to Denver, Colorado for the couple of weeks leading up to my egg retrieval.
Lone Tree
[Dr. Schoolcraft] recommends single embryo transfer...He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted...He is direct and very obviously knowledgeable. He specializes in the tough cases and was able to answer my questions. Others have pushed aside my questions and he thouroughly answered me. He let me know that a round of IVF would likely not result in more than one baby and I should accept that, however he thinks he and his clinic can help me get that one.
I enjoyed the clinic [CCRM Colorado]. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared with questions. He does not explain the whole process. If you come prepared he will be a great resource for answers. He is very direct but also compassionate. I’ve heard from other reviews that he is harsh, so when he told me I had a chance I took that. Tour appointment will be only as long as you make it. If you have no questions, your visit will be very short.
Dr. Schoolcraft remembered our phone consult conversation when we met in person. During our appointment he was there for us as long as we needed. He was fully present and did not rush us as we thought of questions. He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted.
I am just about to start priming for my 1st cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft (3rd overall). I am priming with estradiol patches and ganirelix for the first time because I have a low AMH and AFC. My stim protocol will include HGH for 10 days (because I did use HGH my last round), microdose lupron, 150 menopur, 300 follistim, and dexamethasone. I will follow up with the results. This will be my first time using dexamethasone in a stim cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura )
I met the nurse at the one day workup and the rest was brief messages on the patient portal. She did answer any questions I have had.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
Phone consult-$325 One day workup- $3540 Retrieval,IVF,CCS,Transfer-$24458
The doctor recommends single embryo transfer and I agree. I’m a small person and twins would be very dangerous. also, CCRM does assisted hatching which slightly increases chance of identical twins

Treated 2017 - 2019
For how successful he [Dr. Schoolcraft] is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout.... I also like how organized the clinic [CCRM] is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
For how successful he is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust. I also had a cyst that cycle and looking back, wish I would have waited until it went away, but Schoolcraft said it wasn't an issue. Overall, there is not much I can do with poor egg quality, but Schoolcraft is always willing to keep trying and tinkering with different protocols. He was also present for my one egg transfer.
The one piece of advice is to come prepared with your questions and learn your chart. Ask him if there are different protocols you could try. He also can prescribe supplements, medications, or even trials that he is working on.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout. I also never really had to wait very long for monitoring, which was nice. The staff was also very friendly and prompt with any phone calls I made to the facility.
The first cycle I did a standard protocol antagonist I believe it is called. The second two cycles I did a long lupron protocol. I also added the ova health, CoQ10, and omega 3s to my regime. Although I got less eggs, I did get a normal CCS tested egg (the previous cycle I got two abnormal CCS tested eggs). The transfer was a frozen transfer a few months later. Very standard.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
Everyone was very nice. If I had a question, usually someone would respond within a few hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
One major strength is its Lab. I know quite a few people who have come to this clinic and left with a baby. I have cycled in other locations and have gotten zero day 5 normal embryos. At CCRM I have had 4 day 5 embryos, but only one normal. However, due to my low quality that is better than zero. They have to be doing something right in the lab. I also like how organized the clinic is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
With everything you are going to spend around $50,000 with travel expenses per cycle. However, I think for egg retrieval and transfer it was around $25,000 not including meds or outside monitoring.
We only had one normal CCS tested egg so we transferred the only egg.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Every time we have met with him [Dr. Gustofson] it has been for at least 45 minutes. He takes a genuine interest in our lives outside of infertility...He is thorough, knowledgeable, caring and a good communicator. He has given us hope that IVF will work for us but also made sure we are aware of the risks. He had taken the time to explain every step as we go and given us the opportunity to ask questions...He encouraged us to transfer a single embryo because our chances of having multiples would be high and he made us aware of the risks associated with multiples.
We had some issues with the financial side of things [at CCRM Colorado]. We had paid for the pre-IVF workup package but they tried to charge both me and my husband on separate occasions for testing that was included in that package. They also took my husband’s insurance card multiple times and were attempting to bill the insurance company despite the fact that we told them many times that we do not have infertility coverage.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Every time we have met with him it has been for at least 45 minutes. He takes a genuine interest in our lives outside of infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Emily )
Emily is caring and knowledgeable. She has keep me updated every step of the way and is very responsive to my questions and concerns. She responds emails within 24 hours and works closely with the Dr to guide us through this process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are responsive to phone calls and easy to reach to schedule appointments. There have been some issues surrounding the financial aspect of our treatment such as trying to charge us for things we already paid for or trying to bill our insurance when we have told them we do not have any infertility coverage. You have to keep on top of your finances to make sure that everything is in order.
IVF with ICSI approximately $18,000 and Pre-IVF workup approximately $2800
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
We had some issues with the financial side of things. We had paid for the pre-IVF workup package but they tried to charge both me and my husband on separate occasions for testing that was included in that package. They also took my husband’s insurance card multiple times and were attempting to bill the insurance company despite the fact that we told them many times that we do not have infertility coverage.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward...For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid"...in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We just love Dr. Schoolcraft. He is so trusting because he is blunt. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, which we appreciate. He is very intelligent and has been doing this forever. He is very kind and down to earth. He is very diligent and informative. He also lets you talk and ask all the questions you need to. We have felt very comfortable with him during a process that can be tough.
I would advise them to go to him. Put all your trust in him and CCRM.
Everything from Dr. Schoolcraft was very personal. When he sat in with you on consultation or called for an update he cared. He asked other questions about us as a couple to get to know us. When we had an unfortunate situation, our embryo didn't survive the thawing process, he could not have been more caring. He came to the room to give us condolences but was also very positive for our treatment plan moving forward.
We went to Dr. Schoolcraft after we had tried 3 IUI's and 2 FET with another clinic. So our treatment plan with Dr. Schoolcraft was to start with IVF. He ran a ton of test, blood work, genetic screening for both my husband and I and Embryo testing. He also prescribed me lupron depot to help with endometriosis which we had not done before either. They found my prolactin levels to be high so now I am on medicine to lower those. Our genetic screening for my husband and I both came back normal. Our embryo testing found only one of our 5 embryos the chromosome make up to be normal- so after our retrieval we were left with one day 6 embryo to transfer. Unfortunately that embryo didn't survive the thawing process. Here was my protocol- IVF Retrieval- midluteal Estrogen Patch Priming- Antagonist (protocol 3) Vivelle .1 mg patch every other day , Cetrotide/Ganirelix everyday until notified, menopur 2 vials A.M, 150 units Gonal pm + dexamethasone, add in cetrotid/ganirelixe am, trigger Novarel and lupron. IVF FET - Medication - Depot lupron 3.75 mg one month dose prior to start of transfer calendar, Birth control, Leuprolide acetate 2 week kit, estradiol patches .1 mg, low dose aspirin 81-83 mg, endometrin 100 mg, progesterone in oil 50 mg/ml, medrol/methylprednisolone 16 mg, doxycycline 100 mg Vivelle one patch every other day, lupron 5 units daily + Baby aspirin in crease vivelle to two patches every other day, continue increasing up to 4 patched every other day. Stop Lupron. Add Endometrin pm, medrol 16 mg, and docycline for 4 nights. Increase endometrin to twice a day start progesterone in oil 1ml every other day until transfer. After transfer- do not discontinue any medications that have been previously instructed. Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward. We will start coming up here soon. For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid". We will be getting our calendar soon so then we will get an exact calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura K, RN)
Our nurse Laura is amazing. We cannot say enough about her. She is so organized, detailed, compassionate, gets back to us in a timely manor, and makes us feel so important no matter what. Laura along with every other nursing staff at CCRM is just incredible, hands down the best. They are all so professional, caring, punctual, diligent , we can go on and on. They are the best!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We can really only say great things about Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine. From the second you walk in the door, you feel like you are entering a spa not a medical building filled with doom and gloom. The staff at the front desk is so kind and helpful. They out you in a class to go over EVERYTHING you need to know about CCRM, IVF, IUI whatever you may be there for. In this class genetics are discussed as well. At CCRM they also test and test and test you for everything. it may seem redundant if you have already done it, but they did find things in my blood work no one else had mentioned to me. They have a department for everything, and each department is so punctual. They also offer counseling at CCRM , genetic counseling, embryo testing, acupuncture, and they have one of the best embryology labs in the country. everything is under one roof. The only weakness would be the cost, it is more than most clinics but you are paying for the best!
IVF+ CCS+ FET= $22,181.40 Grand Total not including medicine Meds= about $6,000
Dr. Schoolcraft, in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.

Treated 2018 - 2019
We liked that we got to talk to her [Dr. Sara Barton] directly about test results and make plans with her directly instead of a nurse. I never felt rushed in our meetings and she always made me feel at ease and hopeful at the end of our conversations...I had a hysteroscopy to clear the scar tissue from my uterus. After the surgery I had a balloon in my uterus for a week to prevent reoccurring scar tissue. I was on estrogen for 30 days and progesterone for the last ten of that 30 day period following the surgery.
The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total [at CCRM Colorado]. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit...The clinic is beautiful, welcoming, and comfortable. All of the staff is wonderful. I felt like they were always using the newest, best equipment, which made me feel very comfortable. The only weakness I would give CCRM would be their high prices, but I guess I can't fault them for charging higher prices than most since they provide such exemplary care. I have never recieved such wonderful healthcare.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We saw another RE before going to Dr. Barton at CCRM that ran some blood tests, led me through failed Clomid trials, and then wanted to start IVF treatments. Since we didn’t feel like the first RE was very through, and knowing that CCRM has the best IVF success rates, we decided to start over with CCRM. Dr. Barton began by running much more through tests and immediately found the issue – my uterus was filled with scar tissue from my c-section and therefore I couldn’t get pregnant. Dr. Barton performed a surgery to clear the scar tissue in their beautiful surgery center and I got pregnant naturally months later. We liked that we got to talk to her directly about test results and make plans with her directly instead of a nurse. I never felt rushed in our meetings and she always made me feel at ease and hopeful at the end of our conversations.
Don't go to anyone else first and waste your time - start with Dr. Barton. She is smart, kind, and capable and will help you achieve success.
Dr. Barton took the time to explain every detail of every procedure and every diagnosis with me. She also explained everything with care and empathy. I felt like I understood what was going on, which helped me feel empowered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
I worked with Becca before I got pregnant. She was kind, timely and very available. I felt completely comfortable speaking with her and trusted her to help me find solutions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit.
Denver
Dr. G[ustofson] is great to work with and I’m so glad he’s our doctor. He is very knowledgeable and I trust his expertise. He is very responsive to communication. I’m glad to see him at the Louisville clinic, which in my experience is more welcoming and less intimidating than the huge Lone Tree clinic...daily Omnitrope (human growth hormone) for the first 5 days. I was also on a daily steroid...The priming included testosterone gel and patches, estrogen pills, and progesterone suppositories.
I love the Louisville location [of CCRM]. It’s small and feels welcoming. The Lone Tree location I have found to be intimidating because it’s so big and fancy, and I don’t know the staff there as personally. All of the surgery staff at Lone Tree were beyond excellent though - so warm and reassuring...All of the nurses and ultrasound technicians are wonderful. Our nurse has been great to work with and we spoke daily throughout this process. She later very easy to get a hold of and always patient and responsive with my questions
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is great to work with and I’m so glad he’s our doctor. He is very knowledgeable and I trust his expertise. He is very responsive to communication. I’m glad to see him at the Louisville clinic, which in my experience is more welcoming and less intimidating than the huge Lone Tree clinic.
Dr. G is so kind and his demeanor makes me feel comfortable and at ease
My stim protocol was 150 menopur + 300 follistim as well as daily Omnitrope (human growth hormone) for the first 5 days. I was also on a daily steroid and started Ganirelix on day 5 or 6 I think. Trigger shot was Pregnyl. I also was on 30 days of priming for the month prior to the injectibles. The priming included testosterone gel and patches, estrogen pills, and progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I love the Louisville location. It’s small and feels welcoming. The Lone Tree location I have found to be intimidating because it’s so big and fancy, and I don’t know the staff there as personally. All of the surgery staff at Lone Tree were beyond excellent though - so warm and reassuring.
So far we have paid roughly 15k for surgery, procedure, IVF cycle #1 and meds. Our treatment is partially covered by insurance at this point but our insurance is limited to 25k lifetime max so if this process takes more than 2 cycles for us our expenses will contribute substantially.
Dr. G advised us on the risks of multiple embryo transfer and shared his opinion that a single embryo transfer was best. Our insurance only covers single embryo transfer so that makes it easy.
Louisville
At times when speaking with Dr. S [Schoolcraft] it was clear he had no clue who we were...but that was ok. ... His bedside manner is lacking... He is a man of few words and I'm still getting used to that ...One of the big differences I noticed is that he changed the dosage throughout the cycle more often than my first clinic. That attention to detail was much appreciated and I also think helped get such great results.
This is a world class clinic. I've had an amazing experience with every team I've encountered, including the billing department! That said, it's always important for the patient to be on top of every aspect of treatment, details and bills. ... Shawna has been amazing as we navigate this new clinic. Everything has been communicated in a timely manner and she answers any and all questions quickly!
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I'm used to a RE who has amazing bedside manner and I connected with on a personal level. It was a drastic change going from that to Dr.S's style. His bedside manner is lacking, but I think it's just because he a genius and a little socially awkward. He is a man of few words and I'm still getting used to that when we have our debriefs, but at the end of the day I've seen better results with him than my previous clinic and that's what matters. I trust his decisions about my cycles because I'm confident he is one of the leading dr.'s in the industry. That makes me sleep better at night and our results are proof of that.
Be prepared to come to meetings with a list of questions or concerns. He does much better with that than informal conversation. If you are looking for a dr. that will hold your hand that is not him (lean on your nurses for that). Lastly, trust him even if it feels scary to you.
Since it's one of the largest clinics in the US I think you have to go into the process knowing there might be small moments of feeling like a number. That should not scare you from working with this clinic. I'm not sure how they make it all work, but most of the time I felt like I was treated like a human. My nurse and the rest of the staff did an amazing job at that. At times when speaking with Dr. S it was clear he had no clue who we were...but that was ok.
Overall, he used the same protocol from my previous cycles, with slightly lower doses and minor tweaks (ex: doing stims in the morning and night vs. just the evening). One of the big differences I noticed is that he changed the dosage throughout the cycle more often than my first clinic. That attention to detail was much appreciated and I also think helped get such great results. BC priming, menopur (2X in the am), Follistim (75-150 units pending blood work), dexamthesone pill at night (new for me) and lupron trigger twice before retrieval (also new for me). We got better results with less drugs vs. my previous clinic. Note results below includes PGS testing Cycle 1: 20 eggs retrieved/14 mature/11 fertilized/10 sent for testing/5 frozen Cycle 2: 14 eggs retrieves/ 10 mature/9 fertilized/6 sent to testing/5 frozen
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We had to do PGS/CCS + PGD so our costs are higher than most. Each cycle was ~$20k with testing.
We have not made it to transfer yet, but since we will be using a gestational carrier I think he will recommend single embryo transfer.
Lone Tree

My doctor personally called me after getting the negative pregnancy test after our first IVF transfer. She has made me feel hopeful and we look forward to our next transfer. ... Dr. Barton has been compassionate and always answered all concerns and questions. ... We did three IUIs and with each IUI my clomid doses were increased as my eggs were not maturing fast enough.
The ladies [at CCRM Colorado] who schedule appointments are really helpful and even learn the patients names which always makes me feel like I matter. They are always able to work with my schedule and get me in to the early appointments so I can make it to work. ... My nurse is very helpful and is quick to answer all questions and concerns. She was able to move around my schedule to accommodate my cycle that is a shorter luteal phase. Then, I misread my calendar and she worked with my doctor to get my schedule back on track so I didn’t need to skip a month.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
It’s been tough not knowing why we aren’t getting pregnant, but Dr. Barton has been compassionate and always answered all concerns and questions. We didn’t have her for the transfer or the egg retrieval, but the other doctor was positive and had great bedside manner.
Make sure to have all your questions written down. I would forget things I wanted to ask the doctor later after we had just seen her. I could always ask the nurse through email or my next appointment.
We did three IUIs and with each IUI my clomid doses were increased as my eggs were not maturing fast enough. Then, we decided to move to IFV. Again, we increased my dosage of medication to extract more eggs. We got 16, but only three matured for our fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Bridgette)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The ladies who schedule appointments are really helpful and even learn the patients names which always makes me feel like I matter. They are always able to work with my schedule and get me in to the early appointments so I can make it to work.
It’s around $1,500 for each IUI and around $16,500 for your first IVF and $5,000 -10,000 for medicine and $475 for anesthesia.
Our doctor presented the options with all the pros and cons. We decided to transfer one, but for our next transfer we might put in both.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Gustofson really cares about his patients, and takes the time to explain everything. When I approach him about alternative protocols, he takes the time to explain the positives and negatives of that particular approach. I've had 2 unsuccessful transfers and a chemical pregnancy with him, and he was empathetic and sincere when he called me...is a big proponent of eSET. He wants you to have a healthy pregnancy and baby, and not have complications. However, he is willing to transfer two if you are aware of the risks...responds to emails quickly, and he calls with news from genetic testing to positive or negative betas. We can tell he really wants us to have a baby.
Retrievals [at CCRM Colorado] are ~$25,000 with genetic testing (not including meds) Transfers are ~$4500 (not including meds)...you can feel like a number at the actual clinic. The staff is friendly and always responsive, but everything is very "assembly line" in that you have one nurse who does the blood draw, another do the follicle scan, and another that explains your numbers to you, and none of them are your main point of contact nurse. However, as said, everyone is friendly, the clinic is very clean, and I didn't feel my care was ever compromised by their way of doing things.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson and CCRM are among the best of the best, but don't expect IVF to work the first time. You still have to be patient.
Dr. Gustofson responds to emails quickly, and he calls with news from genetic testing to positive or negative betas. We can tell he really wants us to have a baby.
Retrievals-gonal F, double menopur doses, testosterone gel and patches, viagra, estrace, prometrium, saizen, acai supplements, clomid, dexamethasone (antagonist protocol) Transfers-2 months depot lupron, estradiol patches, estrace, endometrin, PIO, prednisone, pepcid, claritin, lovenox, electro-acupuncture
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn)
Kathryn is great for the most part. There were a few times that I had to ask for refills/orders when I thought they should have already been taken care of, but overall a great experience.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is known for their lab, which is one of the best in the world. However, you can feel like a number at the actual clinic. The staff is friendly and always responsive, but everything is very "assembly line" in that you have one nurse who does the blood draw, another do the follicle scan, and another that explains your numbers to you, and none of them are your main point of contact nurse. However, as said, everyone is friendly, the clinic is very clean, and I didn't feel my care was ever compromised by their way of doing things.
Retrievals are ~$25,000 with genetic testing (not including meds) Transfers are ~$4500 (not including meds)
Dr. Gustofson is a big proponent of eSET. He wants you to have a healthy pregnancy and baby, and not have complications. However, he is willing to transfer two if you are aware of the risks.