7.3

Louisville
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr Schoolcraft is a pioneer in his field. He is direct in his treatment and he gets results. He is not a warm and fuzzy doctor but was the only one able to get me to retrieval on first round without overstimulating me and resulted in my first child. I cannot day enough good things about his work, his clinic and the support I received from his staff especially being an out of state patient...For transfer they used a Lupron medication that was administered 2 months in advance to help with my endometriosis.
Overall the clinic [CCRM] was great...It is a little more expensive than other clinics with for IVF...[Nurse] Melanie was amazing. She was responsive and compassionate....Costs were typical - meds, procedure, doctor time and testing. All in we spent about $30,000...Dr Schoolcraft and CCRM spent time answering my questions and helping me solve my infertility problems that other clinics could not...I cannot day enough good things about his work, his clinic and the support I received from his staff especially being an out of state patient.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don’t be turned off if he is not warm. He states the facts and is honest with his treatment recommendations. His plans get young results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
I did IVF and the protocol included antagonist treatment. I don’t recall the exact medications but took a few days longer to trigger. For transfer they used a Lupron medication that was administered 2 months in advance to help with my endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melanie )
Melanie was amazing. She was responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall the clinic was great. It gets results for many and is known for treating older difficult patients. I needed a clinic that would be honest with my issues and truly help. I would say is the best in there US. When I first arrived there were couples from all over the world in the lobby waiting for their day to begin. It is a little more expensive than other clinics with for IVF but with all the testing you know you are getting a perfect embryo. My perfect embryo made me a first time mom in September and I will forever be grateful for CCRM. They helped us start a family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
No concerns as i was a relatively young patient for CCRM and didn’t want multiples. They also say the failure is lessened by only transferring 1
Treated 2016
Dr. Kondapalli was very friendly and seemed invested in our case...Dr. Kondapalli made some adjustments to round 2, but same result, negative pregnancy test. When we went into our consult after the second failed attempt it was disheartening to hear that she was already recommending surrogacy or adoption. We still had so many questions, as this didn't make sense to us, and I felt like I needed to take things into my own hands, rather than fully relying on CCRM.
CCRM has a great clinical team - I had many eggs fertilize, and so far I haven't had any issues with my embryos surviving the freeze and thaw...While I was under care, I had many different nurses (one terminated, one went on maternity leave, etc.). This created some issues, as there was clearly a lack of communication. In one instance, my calendar was incorrect and I had to contact them to fix it and change my protocol. In another instance, I had not heard about my pregnancy test results and had to call in before they closed for the day. That's how I found out about my second failed attempt, which broke me.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Our path has been turbulent, considering that we had to change doctors after egg retrieval and prior to the embryo transfer. We were told that we had very good chances of pregnancy, and felt extremely confused when we got a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Kondapalli made some adjustments to round 2, but same result, negative pregnancy test. When we went into our consult after the second failed attempt it was disheartening to hear that she was already recommending surrogacy or adoption. We still had so many questions, as this didn't make sense to us, and I felt like I needed to take things into my own hands, rather than fully relying on CCRM.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli was very friendly and seemed invested in our case.
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
The first round of IVF was pretty typical - I didn't have any hormone issues, and so we used the lowest doses possible. For the second round of IVF, Dr. Kondapalli didn't have any changes other than suggesting that we use the progesterone oil. During my consult after the second failed attempt, she recommended that we try a uterine scrape (I wonder why she didn't try this before). I asked her whether we could forgo using the hormone medications, and she said that we could if we wished, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a great clinical team - I had many eggs fertilize, and so far I haven't had any issues with my embryos surviving the freeze and thaw. That being said, I haven't had a successful transfer, and sometimes question the viability of the embryos (even though they have been genetically tested, etc.).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
We were talked into doing every test and procedure, as there were male infertility issues that we had questions about.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
We chose one embryo for the first attempt, as she said that I had a very high chance of pregnancy. She recommended transferring two embryos for the second attempt. I have no complaints about this approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
My first nurse got my calendar wrong and fortunately I caught it and they made changes in time before it messed anything up. Another nurse did not provide me with my pregnancy test results. I had to call in before they closed for the day and ultimately found out that I had a negative test result - it was extremely difficult to hear the news this way.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr Gustofson is incredibly kind and caring. He took as much time as was needed to explain each step of the process and answer all of our questions. He gave us his email and was quick to respond to any questions that I sent to him. He understands first hand the stresses and concerns involved in infertility treatment and provides both a scientific and empathetic approach to care...CCRM is a machine. At times, you will feel like a number if you do not have the right doctor or nurse. However, these "numbers" are what allows CCRM to take a very scientific approach to treatment. At the end of the day, this is what I wanted
CCRM is a machine. At times, you will feel like a number if you do not have the right doctor or nurse. However, these "numbers" are what allows CCRM to take a very scientific approach to treatment. At the end of the day, this is what I wanted...Overall, we spend about $65K on fertility treatments...Nicole is incredibly organized and responsive. She was on top of things for me all the time. I always received a call back from her on the day, she often picked up her phone when I called. On days she was out of the office during stims and FET prep, she made sure I had another point of contact and that they were looking out for me.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He is empathetic and knowledgable. At the end of the day, there is so much that we don't understand about infertility, so he explains the boundaries of knowledge, sets expectations, provides a personalized experience and stays with you through the ups and downs of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Work with him, you won't regret it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols Robert Gustofson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
My diagnosis was advanced maternal age. I followed the Linear Antagonist with testosterone priming protocol, which resulted in 6 embroys, 4 of which were CCS normal. I also have a blood clotting disorder, although he did not feel this caused either of my miscarriages since they were before 20 weeks. My first FET resulted in a chemical pregnancy, so we added the antihistamine protocol. Second FET was a BFN. At this point Dr. G asked if I would want to consider a gestational carrier. When we asked if we could try a third transfer with a more natural approach, he was supportive instead of pushing us down the GC path. The third "natural" transfer worked and resulted in our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole S)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.
Overall, we spend about $65K on fertility treatments
Describe Robert Gustofson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
He recommended we transfer one at a time, and we did not want twins, so we followed his advice.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

Treated 2016
Dr. Surrey had good bedside manner, however it felt like he just applied the same plan to you without actually reviewing your history. For example was not clear of the medications I had taken during a previous cycle and had to stop half way through describing next steps because it changed the plan. Seemed to do extensive labs that weren't always indicated. Didn't know whether he had prescribed trigger shots or not...1) IUI with clomid and ovedrel. Dr. Surrey felt the work up didn't explain our infertility enough, so that starting with less invasive would be okay. Produced a chemical pregnancy - ?maybe. He called it a chemical pregnancy and ordered more labs then as we were starting the next cycle remembered I did a trigger shot and that could have explained the very very low b-hcg. 2) Repeat same plan. Negative
[Nursing staff at CCRM were] Very poor communicators. Unable to get ahold of my assigned nurse directly. Would take 2-3 messages over 1-2 days to get a call back. Lacked empathy with negative test results - left voicemails and then just referred us to the in house counselor. When cycle was cancelled last minute put blame on us for something they missed. Would say they would call to set up next cycle or next re-group and never called.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Make sure you are aware of each step and ask lots of questions. Question why you are doing things and review everything without assuming that he is aware of previous or current treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Very busy clinic where support staff didn't know patients very well. Felt like you were part of a factory walking from one part to the next without individualization
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very nice and fancy building. Have a Central Denver Office - but Dr. isn't there very often so have to drive to the suburbs for most of your care. Care costs more than other clinics and it appears a lot of that money is going towards a fancy building.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
After IUI pregnancy test was "lost" by the lab. Took 5 days and multiple calls each day to get results. Nurse finally called with them and said how "proud" she was of finding the results - acting like I should thank her. Never appreciated that waiting 5 days for a negative pregnancy test while I continued to take progesterone did not leave me in a congratulatory mood for her.

Treated 2015 - 2016
The clinic is huge, but everyone is very professional and polite... Dr. Gustafson and our nurse, Leslie, have been extremely helpful with our whole process. The reason we switched is because I asked for help with my mental health from our previous doctor, who I felt like dismissed me and referred to a primary care physician. Dr. Gustafson helped met with us and referred us to a CCRM Therapist who recommended I be put on a small dose of an antidepressant.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson has been extremely helpful and answers all our questions in a timely and well described manner. I was referred to this doctor as my friend saw him and he ended up diagnosing her with Ovarian Cancer, but worked to get her grants to freeze her eggs for after her cancer battle. He's a great guy and doctor!
Do your own research, but trust this doctor!
Dr. Gustafson and our nurse, Leslie, have been extremely helpful with our whole process. The reason we switched is because I asked for help with my mental health from our previous doctor, who I felt like dismissed me and referred to a primary care physician. Dr. Gustafson helped met with us and referred us to a CCRM Therapist who recommended I be put on a small dose of an antidepressant. I feel so much better and we are currently in our 2WW for our 2nd IUI with CCRM. Fingers crossed!
For our first IUI, we used clomid, ovidrel and estrogen. However, that was unsuccessful so for this second one, the doctor recommended I take the clomid for longer. This was beneficial with helping my follicles grow, however thinned my uterine lining a great deal. To fix that, I was put on estrogen vaginally three times a day, which was a miracle drug and increased my lining from 3.5 to 7.7!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Leslie is always great about communicating with us in a timely manner. Every time we meet with her, she is very compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is huge, but everyone is very professional and polite.
Fertility expenses are obviously not cheap. But, I standby the idea that you get what you pay for. Our insurance does not cover any fertility aspects, so we work to pay for everything on our own.
Treated 2015 - 2016
At first I was thrilled to have her [Dr Kondapalli] as a doctor. She was energetic and fun. It became clear very quickly that she made many mistakes - we had to correct her. She misdiagnosed and recommended the wrong protocols. She pushed donor sperm despite the fact that we said repeatedly we did not want that. We met with her 3 times. After our last attempt, we refused to meet with her because of her complete lack of care.
We have moved on to another clinic [from CCRM] who has taken very good care of us and we have already had signs of more success. After some time, I plan to contact the patient advocate at CCRM to explain the MANY mistakes that were made. It breaks my heart thinking about the way they treat couples and women and I hope what happened to us never happens to anyone else.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
At first I was thrilled to have her as a doctor. She was energetic and fun. It became clear very quickly that she made many mistakes - we had to correct her. She misdiagnosed and recommended the wrong protocols. She pushed donor sperm despite the fact that we said repeatedly we did not want that. We met with her 3 times. After our last attempt, we refused to meet with her because of her complete lack of care.
See another doctor.
She frequently confused information. She had never read our chart when we went to meet with her. She made many mistakes. We only met with her 3 times. She refused to admit she made mistakes.
She first put me on an antagonist protocol, it produced a lot of eggs but my estrogen skyrocketed. The second protocol was the same but with estrogen priming. My estrogen hit almost 7,000. She refused to admit that it was the protocol and actually had the nerve to say, "we could change the protocol, what do you think we should do?"
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
It's hard to blame the nurses because they are underpaid, overworked and not trained. I never had one nurse - I spoke to several who frequently made mistakes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A money-making machine that pushes donor egg and sperm to boost their numbers.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Cattle-call line.
In total, almost $75,000 including one unnecessary surgery for my husband. Result: 0 embryos
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
We have moved on to another clinic who has taken very good care of us and we have already had signs of more success. After some time, I plan to contact the patient advocate at CCRM to explain the MANY mistakes that were made. It breaks my heart thinking about the way they treat couples and women and I hope what happened to us never happens to anyone else.
Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr. Eric Surrey] recommended doing banked embryos as I had DOR, and this was expensive but turned out to be the best thing for me in the end. Technically, all of the procedures he performed (hysteroscopy, retrieval, FET), went very smoothly and painlessly (given meds for retrieval and mild meds for FET, but not hysteroscopy). I felt confident in his opinion and trusted the course that we took...
First nurse [at CCRM] I had was not great. She did not return calls until the end of the day consistently and more importantly, I did not feel she really cared about my case. However, I got assigned a new nurse (Julie) as my first one left. Julie was excellent in every way...Egg retrieval (included 3) plus one FET: $45,000 Medications: about $18,000 (for 3 cycles) Travel/accommodations: about $10,000 One day work up (prior to starting retrievals): ?3000
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Seemed to read through and use my previous results from another clinic and apply it clinically. However, I had very few setbacks, and so it is not possible for me to comment on how things would have gone if they did not go as planned. He recommended doing banked embryos as I had DOR, and this was expensive but turned out to be the best thing for me in the end. Technically, all of the procedures he performed (hysteroscopy, retrieval, FET), went very smoothly and painlessly (given meds for retrieval and mild meds for FET, but not hysteroscopy). I felt confident in his opinion and trusted the course that we took.
None specific.
Caring, knowledgeable, warm personality. Took time to answer all my questions.
I believe we used the antagonist protocol. Used Gonal F and Menopur (300 and 150 daily) after using estrogen for some period of time. Trigger was with both Lupron and HCG. FET was with estrogen and PIO. Same protocol used all 3 times with similar results (did 3 retrievals within 5 months or so to bank embryos to have enough for PGS testing).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
First nurse I had was not great. She did not return calls until the end of the day consistently and more importantly, I did not feel she really cared about my case. However, I got assigned a new nurse (Julie) as my first one left. Julie was excellent in every way.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: great reputation for lab in terms of embryo develolment, etc. This was my personal experience and I got better results with these cycles than the first one I did at another clinic. They also do lots of PGS testing, so very confident in their ability to handle embryos well. Compared to what I've read, they seem to be at the forefront of IVF advances. It's a big clinic, but I did not feel like a number. Mostly pleasant front staff, excellent nurses and ultrasound techs, and excellent OR nurses. Procedures all went smoothly with great anesthesia management. Another strength was the reaching out to out of towners for support groups which I found extremely helpful. Great counsellors/psychologists running the groups. Weakness: very expensive. More so than my first clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
He was open to either single or 2 embryo transfer but strongly recommended sFET and was in agreement when we chose to go that route.
Treated 2015
Dr. M[injarez] made us feel very comfortable. She was thorough in her explanations and really helped us understand the process (which ended up being very complicated). She was always available for questions and definitely put my mind at ease, which is really important in this type of situation where its easy to get stressed. I fully trusted her to take the lead and give us the best results... personable and made us feel comfortable (she remembered us from previous visits, knew where we were in the process, etc.).
Initially the nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] was great - I had the same nurse from our first consult to egg retrieval, which was really valuable. Unfortunately, the nurse left CCRM prior to the transfer, and I went back and forth between nurses which I didn't like (not always current on my situation, not quite as empathetic, forgot to call with results, etc.). I wish that I had the same nurse throughout the entire process.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. M made us feel very comfortable. She was thorough in her explanations and really helped us understand the process (which ended up being very complicated). She was always available for questions and definitely put my mind at ease, which is really important in this type of situation where its easy to get stressed. I fully trusted her to take the lead and give us the best results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. M was very personable and made us feel comfortable (she remembered us from previous visits, knew where we were in the process, etc.).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Initially the nursing staff was great - I had the same nurse from our first consult to egg retrieval, which was really valuable. Unfortunately, the nurse left CCRM prior to the transfer, and I went back and forth between nurses which I didn't like (not always current on my situation, not quite as empathetic, forgot to call with results, etc.). I wish that I had the same nurse throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic did a great job - the egg retrieval went as planned and I was fortunate to have a significant number of eggs retrieved. We were also able to produce a significant number of embryos for freezing. In all, no complaints about the clinical team.
Describe Debra Minjarez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. M was very conservative in her approach and only recommended one embryo for transfer, but allowed us to make the final call which I really appreciated. We ultimately went with her recommendation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
The nurse had calculated the wrong date for me to start my meds. Fortunately I caught this prior to starting my calendar, otherwise this would have resulted in a cancelled cycle.

Treated 2013 - 2015
She [Dr. Minjarez] tells the truth, cares about her patients and has your best interest at heart. She was just too busy at CCRM to take good care of me so that I saw results. I felt mislead and that she misrepresented what I'd receive using donor eggs...One donor egg round. I didn't get pregnant. She told me I likely needed to use donor eggs from the beginning. She was right. I just wasn't ready to do that when I met her.
25K for an IVF transfer [at CCRM]. $1200 for an IUI transfer. 50K for donor eggs. 10K for donor embryos... Inflexible, requiring unnecessary and costly tests you pay them for directly.All in all, a horrendous and very expensive experience...Meds the doctor ordered weren't called in. Necessary ultrasounds weren't done close to transfer time. Poor quality donor embryos were received, with my doctor's knowledge.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
She's great. Smart. Caring. Direct. She tells the truth, cares about her patients and has your best interest at heart. She was just too busy at CCRM to take good care of me so that I saw results. I felt mislead and that she misrepresented what I'd receive using donor eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Make sure she has time to take you on and stay on top of your own health care. The nurses run the IVF process, not the doctors.
Debra is great. She listens and communicates. But she was too busy at CCRM to provide quality care. She wasn't prepared for our appointments. She allowed me to use sub-par donor eggs and didn't mention that until I failed to become pregnant. The real issue at CCRM is the understaffed nursing staff. They're so busy, you're a number. You will not get called back. The wrong medication will be called in. You won't be watched closely enough.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
One IUI, that i wanted to do. She didn't recommend it. One egg retrieval using my own eggs. She told me I wasn't likely to see results. One donor egg round. I didn't get pregnant. She told me I likely needed to use donor eggs from the beginning. She was right. I just wasn't ready to do that when I met her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Lanie Wolff, Kathy Jenkins)
Too busy. Called in the wrong meds or no meds. Didn't order the right labs. Asked me about my husband several times, when my chart said I'm single. This was other nurses than those I listed. You work with a variety of people when going through IVF.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Too busy. Financially motivated. It's all about the money. Inflexible, requiring unnecessary and costly tests you pay them for directly. Expensive. I would staff away from CCRM if at all possible. They're known for the the quality of their lab, and that's very seductive. If you work with them, be ready to take charge of your own health care. Question lab results. Insist on being seen. Question the meds you're on. Look carefully at your prescriptions. Be your own doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado.
25K for an IVF transfer. $1200 for an IUI transfer. 50K for donor eggs. 10K for donor embryos.
She'll make a recommendation and then do what you want to do. No issues here.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Meds the doctor ordered weren't called in. Necessary ultrasounds weren't done close to transfer time. Poor quality donor embryos were received, with my doctor's knowledge. All in all, a horrendous and very expensive experience.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr Deb [Minjarez] knew my chart and everything we had experienced until then... she knew my acupuncturist and my OB, and would send them notes because they both were involved, etc - she just knew "me" and I never felt like numbers on her page. She also knew how I responded to news, and at time altered the way she delivered news. She even sat rubbing my hand and wiping tears as she took me in for surgery to remove my tubes, she connected with you...When I didn't respond to stims in the beginning of my cycle, she reassured me of my progress and made me feel comfortable with my medication switch mid-cycle.
I went to the CCRM rose office 95% of the time and loved it but the Lonetree office is much worse - it always felt so sterile and they were always scrambling and disorganized. Their business office is HORRIBLE! The nurse switching mid-cycle can get complicated. And they never give patients consistent messaging, every single staff member will give you a different answer. And big clinic changes are not communicated well. Go to the Rose Office!!
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Although I was bummed not to see her again once I was pregnant (I only saw her 2 other times - my only less positive thing to say, you never see her), I never doubted her commitment to my fertility for a second. Even in a world of infertility and reoccurring bad news that is often delivered and managed by your nurse, she called me after certain less than positive result tests to make sure I was ok. I was young and had a pretty serious case and I will never forget her making me a promise that first day, she was dedicated and compassionate.. When I didn't respond to stims in the beginning of my cycle, she reassured me of my progress and made me feel comfortable with my medication switch mid-cycle. Again it would have been really nice just to a get a call or note from her after pregnancy or delivery, it was radio silent from her after my transfer, otherwise I couldn't speak more highly of Dr Deb!
Get a good nurse.
Dr Deb knew my chart and everything we had experienced until then... she knew my acupuncturist and my OB, and would send them notes because they both were involved, etc - she just knew "me" and I never felt like numbers on her page. She also knew how I responded to news, and at time altered the way she delivered news. She even sat rubbing my hand and wiping tears as she took me in for surgery to remove my tubes, she connected with you.
Retrieval - CCRM Protocol 3, estrogen priming, with added clomid day 4 after poor response. Stimmed 13 days and had double trigger. Transfer - 2 months depo lupron prior to CCRM standard frozen transfer. I have stage IV endometriosis, that caused both tubes to close as well as luteal phase defect and DOR (RFC 4-6, AMH .4) due to scarring on ovaries. I had to have my tubes removed prior to transfer but after retrieval. I had historically not responded to stims. I have never had a successful pregnancy and was Beta-3 negative. My retrieval was saved by clomid, I responded and had 14 eggs retrieved, 11 were mature, 9 fertilized and 4 made it to Day 6, 5 day 6. Depo Lupron successfully helped my body create the beta-3. I had a successful transfer of 2 day 5 (3AA and 5AA) untested embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shanna Morgenson )
Shanna is the BEST. I thank God for her every single day. Timely, compassionate, personal advocate - whatever you needed she delivered!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
All said and done for one day workup, one retrieval, drugs for one retrieval, surgery to remove my tubes, transfer, drugs for one frozen transfer, blood work and associated tests we spent $40k. The package prices are not all inclusive, everything is upcharged that can be.
Due to the fact that my embryos were not tested and my numbers, two embryos were recommended.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
They forgot to send documentation over to a specialist and I was forced to cancel my appointment and reschedule for 3 months later. They all pointed fingers and blame instead of apologizing. They also lost an insurance payment and refused to call me back for almost two weeks.

Treated 2013 - 2015
Dr. Minjarez is very warm, and very smart. My only complaint is that when I look back over the 2.5 years I have been under her care, there are things I wish someone would have explained to me when I started the process, that I feel like I didn't learn until much later in the process.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Ask questions; don't assume she or her staff will tell you everything you need to know; and know that there are always more drugs, more procedures, and more options, and you need to know your limits.
Dr. Minjarez is wonderful, when I can see her. She remembers the details of my story, talks me through decisions that need to be made, gives me numbers, and is generally very warm. The nursing staff, however, leaves much to be desired. I've worked with three nurses in 2.5 years. The first couldn't remember any details about my case (like that I am a single mother by choice) and would call in prescriptions for me for meds I was allergic to. The second nurse was excellent; I learned to ask more questions, which helped, but she knew me well and would stay on top of things. The nurse I am working with now is terrible: she never initiates contact, is not ahead of my calendar so leaves things until the last minute, and isn't creative in helping me deal with problems - if there isn't a stock response, then there is nothing she can do for me.
None of my cycles have resulted in a pregnancy 2 IUIs with no drugs 4 IUIs with varying amounts of drugs. I know Clomid was used a couple times, I don't remember the others. 1 IVF retrieval: Luteal Oral Protocol 3 - Estrace, Cetrotide, Menopur, Gonal, Saizen, Dexamethasone. We CCS tested the 6 embryos and all were abnormal. I am now prepping for my first donor egg / donor sperm transfer. I will have taken: Novarel (birth control), Lupron, Vivelle, Endometrin, Progesterone in Oil, and Medrol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Three: a first whose name I don't recall, Katie P, Kristi)
I have had three very different nurses. First: she left in 2014, but was disorganized, forgot any details about me and my history, and would call in scripts for meds I was allergic to. Katie P: Excellent. She is a good communicator, was organized (she would email me the day before I had to start or change a med), always returned calls and emails within an hour, and genuinely cared about me. Kristi: My nurse now. The only positive is that she responds to my emails very quickly. She is disorganized, doesn't remember any details about me or my history, and is not at all thoughtful or creative when she responds to my questions - if it's not a pre-written CCRM response, she doesn't know what to say.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
It's hard to separate my answers because I've been working with CCRM for 2.5 years through 7 different procedures. Over that time a lot of things have gone wrong, particularly in the beginning when I had a weak nurse and I didn't know what I was doing. As I got more comfortable and got a better nurse, things got better. Now I've transferred to Lone Tree and things are a mess again.
Treated 2014 - 2015
NUrsing staff [at CCRM Denver] was always busy. I had one bad experience during an IUI, in which a new intern I hadn't met was allowed to insert the speculum. It took her minutes of jabbing around and hitting my cervix repeatedly, and I eventually in tears asked her to stop. Someone else was brought in, and the rest of it went smoothly, but I was so upset and in pain. No one apologized, and I was left to feel really awkward. It often felt like the nurse didn't know my name or remember what my specifics were; I was constantly having to remind them of my unusually short ovulation cycle, and it was in my chart, and yet the nurses kept giving me wrong instructions for taking medication and scheduling appointments.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Nice and knowledgeable. I didn't feel like the course of treatment was specific to me, but was instead a standard cookie cutter approach. Also, after all my testing, I was never handed an officially-named diagnosis, so I believed for months that it was 'unidentified infertility.' It wasn't until after I had been getting treatment for 1.5 years there and was discussing starting IVF with Dr Minjarez that I asked about its success rates with unidentified infertility. She casually looked at me and said, "it's not unidentified; you have 'diminished ovarian reserve'." I was shocked - those words had never been said to me. It didn't really change anything moving forward for IVF, but still felt.... wrong, after all the thousands of dollars and tests and hours spent with staff there. I also wouldn't have pursued 3 rounds of IUI had I known that.
Ask for specifics! Bring pen/paper or ask if you can record!
Changed nurses often, and felt like they barely knew my name. Also changed doctors midstream. Everyone was kind and knowledgeable, but I certainly didn't feel acknowledged as a person. Also, when I had my first unsuccessful cycle, I was a real mess, even weeks later. The staff knew it, and multiple nurses and my doctor said they would have their staff psychiatrist set up a time with me to make sure I was okay. I never heard from anyone, and I was too depressed/ashamed to make an appointment myself. I am glad that in the end I didn't hurt myself or suffer longlasting depression, but that could have easily been a result and I feel now that they were a bit negligent in knowing what they knew and not following through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shana, then Christina)
NUrsing staff was always busy. I had one bad experience during an IUI, in which a new intern I hadn't met was allowed to insert the speculum. It took her minutes of jabbing around and hitting my cervix repeatedly, and I eventually in tears asked her to stop. Someone else was brought in, and the rest of it went smoothly, but I was so upset and in pain. No one apologized, and I was left to feel really awkward. It often felt like the nurse didn't know my name or remember what my specifics were; I was constantly having to remind them of my unusually short ovulation cycle, and it was in my chart, and yet the nurses kept giving me wrong instructions for taking medication and scheduling appointments. I also did not like that nurses would only call with medication dosage and timing instructions. They wouldn't email them. This led to a particularly bad IVF cycle (my first) in which I couldn't' remember the final dosage of HCG and couldn't find anyone who could tell me what it was in the middle of the night; the night nurse instructed me to take the wrong dosage. This was the night before my egg retrieval. They were still able to retrieve eggs, but a significant number were not mature and I still wonder if this is due to the incorrect dosage I took. Had the nurse emailed me or written instructions down, this would not have happened. As it was, she called me when I was out at the grocery store without pen/paper, and she still told me the exact times and dosages for five different medicines across a 3 day period, didn't repeat them, and hung up. I had to then try to remember exactly and write them down in my phone, and couldn't remember the final dosage. So all in all, while the staff is generally professional and competent, they could use some improvement in coordinating care.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clean, a bit sterile, things generally move on time. Pretty flexible for patients who work (they would make an exception and schedule early appointments ~7am for bloodwork and routine exams for those of us with early morning meetings).
total spent ~$50,000 for 3 IUIs, 1 egg retrieval, 2 IVF cycles, medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
I described earlier, regarding the incorrect dosage of HCG and the unspoken diagnosis.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. [Minjarez] is very caring and warm. I really like her even though I have not received the results I want...She listens and, especially if you push, is open to trying anything that she thinks might help and poses little risk...The only downside is that I don't deal with her a lot.
[CCRM nurse] Christina is calm, knowledgeable and authoritative which helps me trust her though I think she is better than most of the others based on when she is out... like the nurse I deal with but could see the experience being deeply influenced by what caliber of nurse you have.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
She is fantasist and warm. She makes the process very informative and less emotionally difficult. My nurse acts as the liaison though I wish I could talk to her more.
Don't wait, I wish I went earlier for emotional sanity. Go immediately, figure out what is and is not covered by your insurance and speak up to what you think is and is not working. I have a food allergy present in all of the pill medications and possibly responsible for my multiple losses so she completely customized my transfer after my last loss. She listens and, especially if you push, is open to trying anything that she thinks might help and poses little risk.
Dr. M is very caring and warm. I really like her even though I have not received the results I want. She listens to my concerns and let's me have an opinion in my treatment whole marrying that with her deep expertise. The only downside is that I don't deal with her a lot. I like the nurse I deal with but could see the experience being deeply influenced by what caliber of nurse you have. There are some expensive tests that seem repetitive or an young that they have to be run through their lab (aka not under insurace unless you have United)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
She is on top of of everything and calls me back immediately. When she's out she makes sure I am covered. Some of the other nurses who cover for her don't seem quite as on top of it. Christina is calm, knowledgeable and authoritative which helps me trust her though I think she is better than most of the others based on when she is out.

Treated 2013 - 2014
We had a long history with many non-standard treatments. He [Dr. Surrey] listened to all our concerns, reviewed all my on-standard suggestions, discussed pros and cons...Dr. Surrey was very knowledgable. But not a jerk. The analysis was very thorough and he found scar tissue in my uterus, that was overlooked by other doctors. We did treatment prior coming to him to address longstanding bacterial issues, and were considering monitoring immune levels during pregnancy. While this isn't his specialty, he was able to work with us, and the specialist team that we coordinated with.
[CCRM] Organized. Thorough. Great embryologists. Much more attention to the details and progress of every phase of the IVF process than I experienced elsewhere. In house lab, in house financial councelor, in house genetic councelors, patient ed regarding genetic testing, all streamlined to educate the patients, and make the process easier....Very responsive. Clinics are very busy, so I always recommmed all patients double check two times and stay on top of their own med needs. I did this, and all went well.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
They are experts. Dr. Surrey was very knowledgable. But not a jerk. The analysis was very thorough and he found scar tissue in my uterus, that was overlooked by other doctors. We did treatment prior coming to him to address longstanding bacterial issues, and were considering monitoring immune levels during pregnancy. While this isn't his specialty, he was able to work with us, and the specialist team that we coordinated with. He allowed me to add to our protocol things that he felt could help, but wouldn't hurt, ultimately allowing me to help craft a cycle that I could have hope in.
Come with all your questions written down. If you have a hunch about a problem or alternative things to try, discuss it. In many cases my hunches were totally not relevant to me, but he explained why. In others, he understood why I needed to try something different than before and we worked at it until both he and I were comfortable with the plan.
We had a long history with many non-standard treatments. He listened to all our concerns, reviewed all my on-standard suggestions, discussed pros and cons. We were happy that he could handle us having a team of experts, rather than ignoring our underlying problems.
The protocol for the retrieval was very similar to what I'd had at a previous clinics. But they monitiored me much more closely, growing the embryos slower. tweaking meds more frequently. We had scar tissue removed after creating CCS normal embryos. We had a follow up apt to confirm the uterus looked good. We did an antihistamine protocol before the transfer (prednisone/Claritin/Pepcid) which in my own assessment is an immune-modulating type of treatment, minor as it is. We did additional antibiotics leading up to the transfer as a booster to my previous treatments for latent bacterial infection.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We did one cycle. I think the base price was around 22K. Genetic testing was around 6K One day work up was around 4K. We did a surgery for tissue removal. All in all when meds were paid, out cycle probably cost about 35-40K. While this is twice the cost at our previous clinic, we got more blasts from the one cycle, than from two at that other clinic. Plus it stuck.
We insisted on eSet. He was happy about that.

Treated 2013 - 2014
As I said, Dr. Minjarez was extremely compassionate and warm. She was also attuned to our problems and adjusted our course of treatment based on issues encountered along the way. Dr. Minjarez gave us all the information, but when asked, she gave us her best recommendation...I would say that you can count on her to be informed and offer good advice, but of course you should do your own research and ask her all the questions you can.
[CCRM] is more expensive than many other clinics, but as a local patient, I wanted to go to the best clinic. Now that I live out of state from a CCRM clinic, I will likely go to a local clinic. CCRM is fairly corporate, and especially at the Lone Tree location, one feels a bit like a number in a giant organization. In addition, I had a terrible experience with one ultrasound technician who gave me the wrong follicle measurements. The information she gave me basically showed my eggs shrinking with a likely cancelled cycle. In fact, my eggs were growing as planned, and my cycle went forward. This is just one example of how a patient can get lost in CCRM because of its size. If I were giving advice to a friend, I would say CCRM is the place to go if you are a local patient or if you are a patient with multiple failures and want a last chance to su
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Minjarez was warm and informative. She gave us the information we needed and worked to tailor our plan of treatment and gave us thoughtful advice. She did my retrieval and my transfers. I highly recommend her, though she is no longer with CCRM.
We did the agonist/antagonist cycle with ICSI/IMSI and freeze-all. We ended up with 4 3-day embryos. Our first FET of 2 embryos failed. Our second was successful with a singleton boy being born healthy and full term. The rationale for our protocol was that my husband has severe male factor and I have PCOS. I was 31 at the time, so Dr. M did not recommend doing CCS/PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Elisabeth Lyons)
Ms. Lyons was a very good nurse, and I loved having one nurse with whom to communicate. Other nurses not familiar with my course of treatment often did not give us accurate information; however, when there was a mix-up of our medication for trigger, the nurses worked very hard after hours to track down the right medications.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a fantastic embryology laboratory and uses the most up-to-date technology available. It is more expensive than many other clinics, but as a local patient, I wanted to go to the best clinic. Now that I live out of state from a CCRM clinic, I will likely go to a local clinic. CCRM is fairly corporate, and especially at the Lone Tree location, one feels a bit like a number in a giant organization. In addition, I had a terrible experience with one ultrasound technician who gave me the wrong follicle measurements. The information she gave me basically showed my eggs shrinking with a likely cancelled cycle. In fact, my eggs were growing as planned, and my cycle went forward. This is just one example of how a patient can get lost in CCRM because of its size. If I were giving advice to a friend, I would say CCRM is the place to go if you are a local patient or if you are a patient with multiple failures and want a last chance to succeed.
I believe we paid between $30,000 and $35,000 total for 1 cancelled retrieval, 1 successful retrieval, 1 failed FET, and 1 successful FET, including medications.
Dr. Minjarez gave us great information on single versus multiple embryo transfer. However, because we had 3-day embryos, we decided to transfer two at time, which turned out to be the right choice. If we have another cycle, we will likely opt to grow the embryos to day 5 and only transfer one at a time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
I explained in my previous explanation.
Treated 2014
We felt that Dr. Minjarez knew her stuff - seems to be a very intelligent person....She did NOT push us to use donor eggs, but was also realistic and honest about the likelihood of my own eggs being viable. Dr. Minjares was always friendly and willing to go over our plan time and again with us as things changed. Personally, I liked her very much and felt very comfortable with her.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
We felt that Dr. Minjarez knew her stuff - seems to be a very intelligent person. As I had already been through several failed IUI attempts with a different clinic, we had some very frank conversations with Dr. Minjarez about 1) the probability that my egg quality was likely poor based on my age and hormone levels (since I had done no retrievals, there was no way to know for sure), and 2) our financial situation and how it would realistically direct my treatment to some degree. She did NOT push us to use donor eggs, but was also realistic and honest about the likelihood of my own eggs being viable. Dr. Minjares was always friendly and willing to go over our plan time and again with us as things changed. Personally, I liked her very much and felt very comfortable with her.
Don't be afraid to slow her down. She is obviously a very busy person, and sometimes we felt a bit rushed in our appointments with her (not the transfer), but we learned to ask our questions until we understood everything.
Specifically with Dr. Minjarez, I felt like a human because she treated both me and my husband with respect, she answered all of our questions no matter how many times we asked them, and I felt that she was very adept at sensing whether we needed warm fuzzies or down and dirty facts (that varied greatly depending on what stage of the process we were at).
We went straight to using an egg donor since we knew sperm were healthy and were pretty confident that eggs were not. FET #1 Birth control, Lupron injections, estrogen patches, progesteron in oil injections, progesteron inserts, mild antibiotics prior to transfer and a few other drugs I don't remember. I did pre and post-transfer acupuncture for both transfers. Donor gave us 12 frozen eggs, 10 fertilized and we transfered one day-5 embryo and froze the remaining 9 embryos. Result was negative pregnancy test. FET #2 we thawed and transfered 2 embryos which resulted in twins! FET #2 was 2 day-5 embryos from same batch as
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Primary nurse was ok, but especially for our first IVF round, she assumed that we were already familiar with the protocols, drugs, acronyms, procedures, etc. When you are going through this process, the last thing you want to do is figure out the basics on your own. There were several calendar mistakes made along the way where I felt that I had to double check absolutely everything. Before we began our first cycle, she would talk about the "Calendar" like it was a big magical thing, and when I got it, I was very disappointed and confused. It was a photocopied piece of paper with dates handwritten in and notes in the columns. It used terms like "LMP" which I was not familiar with. Instead of using the term "luprolide acetate" (which was what the pharmacy called it), it referred to "Lupron", which I believe is the brand name of the drug. This all sounds really nit-picky, but for someone going through infertility and uncertainty and nervousness, it would have been so much more reassuring to have everything spelled out for us in a clear, precise and unmistakable manner. Communication was difficult in that we did not have a way to directly contact our nurse - had to either leave a message via their portal or leave a message in the general nurses mailbox.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
While we really liked our doctor, we were very very disappointed with the CCRM clinic. Here, we felt like a number. After our initial consult with Dr. Minjarez, we had to go through the official orientation process, which was a wasted day for us. They herded us together with about 10 other couples into a conference room, and went through the general IVF process, legal stuff, protocol..... none of which was helpful in the least to us. It put a bad taste in our mouths from the get-go. They are very protocol driven. The worst example I can think of is that prior to our first IVF transfer, both my husband and I had to go through all sorts of very costly testing, some of which was communicable disease testing which is understandable. But after our first attempt failed, they wanted us to do the exact same testing all over again a mere 2 months later when we went to do transfer #2. They said they would not do the transfer if we didn't do the tests again (all through the CCRM labs, of course). The lab staff was wonderful. I had countless blood draws, and they were all very talented (I am a difficult draw) and friendly. Ruby at the Rose office was my favorite - amazing woman! Same with ultrasound technicians - they were all very nice and had their acts together.
Around $50k which included donor eggs, donor medications, my medications and 2 separate transfers.
Treated 2013
Success w/ Doc 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Schoolcraft has excellent bedside manner. He answered all of my questions, I had a clear understanding of my plan of care and my next steps, and he asked me personal/conversational questions where we were able to make a connection...Review the binder materials, come prepared with your questions, and utilize Dr. Schoolcraft's nurses. It is easy to become overwhelmed during the process and being prepared help me gain control and ownership of my infertility treatment.
Strengths [of CCRM]: World-class, ethical, best IVF lab, best docs - I would NEVER go anywhere else! Weakness: While I was thrilled with my results and the majority of my friends have been blessed as well, there is a limit to what science and medical intervention can do. FYI: I hadn't read my binder/next steps carefully so didn't realize I needed to let my nurse know which pharmacy I needed my prescriptions called into, thankfully we (my nurse and I) caught in just in time.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft and CCRM-Colorado are the best in the nation. I have recommended both friends and family as patients to him and his partners. Dr. Schoolcraft was very clear with my results and my options to move forward; he gave me all my options and then made a recommendation. I am happy that I moved forward with egg freezing and knowing that when I'm ready I have 19 eggs frozen and waiting for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Amy Schaff)
I loved all of the nurses that I worked with at CCRM. I am a busy working executive and couldn't always speak freely when they would call. My nurse was aware of this, so she would follow-up with an email to be sure I got my dose information since I couldn't ask questions if I was in front of my staff. Happy with my care and happy with the result!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: World-class, ethical, best IVF lab, best docs - I would NEVER go anywhere else! Weakness: While I was thrilled with my results and the majority of my friends have been blessed as well, there is a limit to what science and medical intervention can do. FYI: I hadn't read my binder/next steps carefully so didn't realize I needed to let my nurse know which pharmacy I needed my prescriptions called into, thankfully we (my nurse and I) caught in just in time.
I don't recall

Treated 2009 - 2012
she [Dr. Debra Minjarez] clearly changed the dosing on the retrieval drugs between my first and second tries. She was very helpful in urging me to do another retrieval as, at the time, I only had one remaining healthy embryo. She explained that with my condition- PCOS- she now could see how I react to the medicines and she increased dosages. Having said that, the number of eggs I produced was doubled from 11 to 22 and it was an extremely painful recuperation after the retrieval so it was probably an aggressive treatment in terms of hyperstimulation risk.
I felt the nurses [at CCRM Colorado-Denver] supporting IUI were quite cold and dismissive but once I got into IVF it was a completely different environment... the nurses were significantly better on the IVF side of things...It was expensive. I think that the least costly was the embryo transfer and those ran $5000 each. The retrieval was the huge figure obviously and it was around $15,000 plus some ancillary medicines as well...My impression was that they don't take IUI patients as seriously.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Strength- when I did see her for a consultation or an inspection (HSG, etc) she was patient and really gave attention. She was also smart and encouraging. She has a lovely demeanor with patients and really seems to genuinely care whether the process works or not. To this day- my twins are nearly five- I send her annual cards at her new clinic in California to keep her apprised of the children's doings. She also made the effort to carve out time to meet the twins when they were several months old.
It's a very, very long process and you might have other practitioners doing things like retrievals on her behalf. I didn't mind but I know some people do.
Dr Minjarez is a warm and supportive person and genuinely interested in her patients. I felt the nurses supporting IUI were quite cold and dismissive but once I got into IVF it was a completely different environment. She was consistently a lovely person but the nurses were significantly better on the IVF side of things.
I don't have vivid recollections except that she clearly changed the dosing on the retrieval drugs between my first and second tries. She was very helpful in urging me to do another retrieval as, at the time, I only had one remaining healthy embryo. She explained that with my condition- PCOS- she now could see how I react to the medicines and she increased dosages. Having said that, the number of eggs I produced was doubled from 11 to 22 and it was an extremely painful recuperation after the retrieval so it was probably an aggressive treatment in terms of hyperstimulation risk. But the clinic was top notch and, compared to what I've heard from peers who used others, they were on touch of the medicine and blood testing constantly so I felt it was all very controlled and managed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin Quinn was amazing. A few others were too but the names now escape me 6 years later. )
My primary point person for IVF was Erin Quinn and she was wonderful. For IUI it was a less warm and fuzzy woman named Lisa in CCRM's Denver office. The other IVF nurses were incredible; one of whom drove 40 minutes up from the suburbs on a Sunday to help me with drugs. I am embarrassed to say I cannot recall her name but I also think Erin said she left CCRM the following year anyway. But it was that type of place. Ruby who did blood draw was hilarious and amazing at find veins and the woman who staffed the U/S was equally nice. I really felt that the IVF was a supportive environment, unlike the early IUI experience.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My impression was that they don't take IUI patients as seriously. It's obviously a less committed and less costly procedure as well. From an IVF perspective I had complete faith in their competence and ability to manage my situation.
It was expensive. I think that the least costly was the embryo transfer and those ran $5000 each. The retrieval was the huge figure obviously and it was around $15,000 plus some ancillary medicines as well. Obviously some of that depends on one's health coverage. My company at that time did not cover IVF at all. As I was completing my process in fall 2011 they were bringing in some type of buy one get one free insurance thing but I was too late to participate in those.
Dr Minjarez did recommend a single embryo transfer which I did and then miscarried shortly after it was a chemical pregnancy. Due to that fact, and to the fact that I had previously had a miscarriage naturally she opted for a two embryo transfer which successfully resulted in twins. She was careful not to go 'overboard' and ever recommend more than 2 embryos notwithstanding her knowledge that I was stressed and almost urging her to throw in more. She's cautious and medically very, very competent and good at what she does!
Treated 2005 - 2012
Dr. Schoolcraft is direct and supportive. He honestly answered my concerns and questions and didn't just run tests and procedures unnecessarily. He was honest with his opinions and his treatment plan...We ended up doing ICSI on half of the retrieved eggs and those were the only ones to fertilize. We had 9 embryos in the beginning but by day 3 only 4 remained and Dr. Schoolcraft personally called me to discuss implant at that point over waiting another day or two.
They [staff at CCRM Colorado] are patient, supportive and caring to everyone who walks through the door...very busy but everyone was very warm and supportive and willing to take the time to explain things and answer all questions...Such a great staff here. Friendly, supportive and caring. Even in a very busy practice they got to know me and my husband. They took the time to explain things and work with us.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask questions up front. Be an active member in your treatment.
The clinic was very busy but everyone was very warm and supportive and willing to take the time to explain things and answer all questions.
We had unexplained infertility and at one point Dr Schoolcraft simply stated the IVF was our best option. He told us there were other tests and treatments just to be completely thorough he could do which were less invasive and costly but if they didn't work we would be doing IVF eventually anyway so the best course would be to just go with IVF instead. I appreciated the honest assessment and feelings given at that time. We ended up doing ICSI on half of the retrieved eggs and those were the only ones to fertilize. We had 9 embryos in the beginning but by day 3 only 4 remained and Dr. Schoolcraft personally called me to discuss implant at that point over waiting another day or two. Together we choose to implant that day. He chose the three best embryos left for the implant and fortunately all three took. The one remaining embryo failed shortly after we did the implant.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've had nothing bit positive feelings and results from the clinic, staff and doctors. They are patient, supportive and caring to everyone who walks through the door. They work miracles for most on their patients and for those still struggling they are compassionate and understanding to.
Doctors fees, lab fees, medications, procedure fees.
We choose to implant three because my embryos were failing at a high rate. We placed three in the hopes that just one would make it. Of the 14 embryos we had only the three implanted remained viable all of the others failed.
Treated 2012
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Laxmi Kondapalli] is a great doctor, but she doesn't explain as much as I would like. In some cases, I don't think that I got to make decisions knowing all of the facts. In addition, she is very, very conservative in her advice. She may order every test on the planet, and doesn't seem aware in the least what the financial burden for the patient is. I suspect that at her new clinic, CCRM, she may also steer a borderline IVF candidate towards a donor before another doctor.
The nurses were poor communicators and could not relay or answer important questions. And the bottom line is the clinic's performance, meaning that they cherry pick cases to keep their numbers up...CCRM, where I briefly followed up with Dr. Kondapali after she moved, feels like an elitist, greedy place. The intake process was infuriating and insulting, the receptionists infuriating, and the nurses poor communicators and detached. Everyone says that CCRM has great doctors, but the administration of the clinic is a nightmare and it is the doctor's responsibility.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She is a great doctor, but she doesn't explain as much as I would like. In some cases, I don't think that I got to make decisions knowing all of the facts. In addition, she is very, very conservative in her advice. She may order every test on the planet, and doesn't seem aware in the least what the financial burden for the patient is. I suspect that at her new clinic, CCRM, she may also steer a borderline IVF candidate towards a donor before another doctor.
If you have a complicated case and want a clearer briefing about your options, maybe use one of the other doctors in the practice.
I saw her at the University of Colorado Advanced Reproductive Medicine clinic in her capacity as an oncofertility specialist. She was very upbeat, kind and engagged.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
We got few of our questions answered, paid thousands for a batch of tests, and decided in the end that we would rather go anywhere but CCRM. Getting set up for our first appointment was ridiculous, they required that we print out 30 pages, sign them, scan and email them back because they are "paperless". If you are about to throw down $40K on medical treatment, I believe the clinic should be able to scan my paperwork without me resorting to using my employer's scanner! The nurses were poor communicators and could not relay or answer important questions. And the bottom line is the clinic's performance, meaning that they cherry pick cases to keep their numbers up.
Treated 2004 - 2011
Dr. Surrey is the best! He was brilliant, warm, caring, explained everything and supportive. Would 100% refer to him. AND he said I would not had a 12% chance of getting pregnant... I got pregnant and delivered twins on my first IVF cycle. Boom!!...There were no weaknesses [at CCRM]. I had it 100% positive experience in all areas with this clinic...I got extraordinary care from the nurse that was assigned to me and the entire staff. I never had any issues with them whatsoever. They went out of their way to make sure my calls got returned in a timely matter, I got the information that I needed and helped with scheduling as best as possible. Extremely professional and compassionate
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Know that you are absolutely in the very best hands he possibly could be. Know it.
Dr. Surrey~ Was kind, caring and supportive. Genuinely excited when I got pregnant with twins at my age (43) on my first IVF try. He's incredible. I highly recommend him!
My cycle was done in 2004, so, it's not current or relevant compared with today's protocols and I can't remember it anyway! LOL!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There were no weaknesses. I had it 100% positive experience in all areas with this clinic.
I do not have any insurance coverage for this procedure but, they offer submitted the bill anyway. The prices were comparable to other clinics prices at the time.
Dr. Surrey was wonderfully supportive, Frank and helpful. He offered it to me and suggested it might be a good idea for me because I was 43 years old having twins by myself but, at the time, The procedure carried more risk than it does today and I was not willing to take the risk that I would lose the pregnancy entirely if I reduced down to one embryo from two since, statistically, The odds are very low that the pregnancy would and in a positive outcome anyway.
Denver

We only met with Doctor Surrey one time and that was the initial consult. We weren't upset since we have heard this is how it goes when only doing IUI. Once you are an IVF pateint we have heard the doctor sees you more... He knows what he is doing and is an expert, but if you are not doing IVF right away you are not a huge concern...he said we should try 3 rounds of IUI and then move to IVF if those did not succeed. We were good candidates for IUI and IVF.
Shawna [nurse at CCRM Colorado] and her team are awesome. If Shawna is not available then one of her nurses are and they are all very sweet. Shawna is really good about getting back to me and making sure I understand...Everyone is really nice and they are there to get their job done which is get you pregnant. From the receptionists, to billing and the nurses they are all very nice and know what is going on. They are to the point and will answer all of your questions.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be willing to listen and understand he is there to do one thing and that is get you pregnant. He knows what he is doing and is an expert, but if you are not doing IVF right away you are not a huge concern.
I have only seen Shawna his nurse for my IUI's and appointments. I have only seen Doctor Surrey at the initial consult.
Since my husband and I both have something wrong with us, he said we should try 3 rounds of IUI and then move to IVF if those did not succeed. We were good candidates for IUI and IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna)
Shawna and her team are awesome. If Shawna is not available then one of her nurses are and they are all very sweet. Shawna is really good about getting back to me and making sure I understand.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We have to pay for every visit and everything they did to us testing wise.
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr.] Kondapalli cared for our clinical needs and our emotional responses to them. She always connected with us and used kindness and compassion... was thorough, competent, patient, and concerned for our needs and preferences. She was attentive to our questions and always seemed glad to see us. I felt completely comfortable in her care and trust her completely...she understands how daunting this process is and is totally willing to dig into details or teaching.
CCRM is a large clinic so it can feel a bit like a baby factory at times. However after you've been there a while you will see how much the whole staff does care about you and your outcomes...Kate K is a perpetually caring and wonderful nurse. She bends over backwards for her patients and is always willing to lend a reasurrance or double check anything. She is kind, empathetic, and always hopeful and with you wherever you are in your process.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli was thorough, competent, patient, and concerned for our needs and preferences. She was attentive to our questions and always seemed glad to see us. I felt completely comfortable in her care and trust her completely.
If you have a concern or question, just speak up--she understands how daunting this process is and is totally willing to dig into details or teaching.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kate K)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a large clinic so it can feel a bit like a baby factory at times. However after you've been there a while you will see how much the whole staff does care about you and your outcomes. They do the best treatment and ha e the best outcomes which I think at times can lead to less of a customer service view-since they don't need to.
Our IVF cost was 21,000 and we spent about 8,000 on meds and 2,000 on acupuncture and adjunct treatments.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
There are so many details to a fertility process some details might get missed, but overall excellent care.
Treated 2016 - 2018
[Dr. Gustofson] was willing to answer any questions, always available and extremely thorough. He always checked in and made sure I was physically ok but also mentally.... Dr. G was very honest about the complications multiples could present but was also willing to let us make the ultimate decision
I think the office in Lone Tree is easier to get lost in the shuffle. I highly suggest the offices in Denver and Louisville as a way to get the small clinic feel with all the benefits of Lone Tree. We loved the expertise and compassion of everyone we encountered... We had a fantastic nurse with our first round. Even when she was gone, her backups were phenomenal with knowing exact details and never missing. Our second round was excellent but it took more pushing on our part to make sure we were on top of things
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is compassionate, knowledgeable and funny. He was absolutely the best doctor we could have asked for. He was willing to answer any questions, always available and extremely thorough. He always checked in and made sure I was physically ok but also mentally.
Be open, honest and trust him to know what is best. Don’t be afraid to ask how or why as you go through things
Dr. Gustafson always took the time to talk to us about life first and things outside our fertility treatments. He remembered more than just our ‘stats’ and made sure we were more than just a patient
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
One time I had to call from the pharmacy to get an order put in but it was fixed within 30 minutes
Treated 2015 - 2018
I'm not able to get a thick lining. Dr K[ondapalli] used a STIM FET cycle which other doctors wouldn't use. I became pregnant both times. I appreciated how she was willing to try different techniques...very personable, she is positive and you can tell she cares...Good with communication, spends a lot of time to explain procedures, positive, will develop innovative plan. Will call after positive and unsuccessful results. Really feel like she cares and is in this with you.
CCRM [Colorado] likes to transfer one embryo at a time...a lot of staff means someone is always available. high quality nurses. don't always explain small details, like follow up steps after loss. with any clinic the patient always needs to understand the protocol and ask a lot of questions. I've found (and other patients I've talked to have found) that their billing office is often disorganized and will charge incorrectly. make sure to always know what you should be charged for and be ready to dispute any incorrect charges.
Ask a lot of questions
very personable, she is positive and you can tell she cares
I'm not able to get a thick lining. Dr K used a STIM FET cycle which other doctors wouldn't use. I became pregnant both times. I appreciated how she was willing to try different techniques.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
Very caring, thorough, organized
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
up to date surgery center, a lot of staff means someone is always available. high quality nurses. don't always explain small details, like follow up steps after loss. with any clinic the patient always needs to understand the protocol and ask a lot of questions. I've found (and other patients I've talked to have found) that their billing office is often disorganized and will charge incorrectly. make sure to always know what you should be charged for and be ready to dispute any incorrect charges.
I've done a total of 4 retrievals and 8 FET cycles at two clinics. With acupuncture and medication I've spent over $120,000. Don't remember specifically at CCRM but it is more expansive than the first clinic I went to.
CCRM likes to transfer one embryo at a time
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
billed incorrectly. they did fix it when brought to their attention