5.9

444 S. San Vicente Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-423-9964

2018, Consult
Dr. Wang is a sharp doctor who very quickly was able to distill my history and provide recommendations on how to move forward (and included the reasons why she recommended each course of action)...Weaknesses - took some time to get an appointment...We discussed next step strategies that included a hysteroscopy to check for any adhesions or scars and doing an ERA because we had two failed PGS tested embryo transfers. Dr. Wang was good at drawing a distinction between what to do after the hysteroscopy and ERA depending on what each showed. She therefore gave multiple strategy ideas based on how things played out.
The financials are a little obscure [at Cedars-Sinai]. They will give you a packet describing some out of pocket costs if you don’t have fertility coverage through insurance but I’m not sure who one would contact for more specific questions. It didn’t have the same feel as the private clinics in terms of the hand holding through the ins and outs of the process and the billing...I was not quoted any costs at the time of my consultation...Weaknesses - took some time to get an appointment because there are only two doctors running the clinic at Cedars.
How was your experience with Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center?
Strengths - sharp, experienced, explained the why behind different courses of action. Weaknesses - took some time to get an appointment because there are only two doctors running the clinic at Cedars. The financials are a little obscure. They will give you a packet describing some out of pocket costs if you don’t have fertility coverage through insurance but I’m not sure who one would contact for more specific questions. It didn’t have the same feel as the private clinics in terms of the hand holding through the ins and outs of the process and the billing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center?
prepare your questions ahead of time
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center?
Describe the protocols Erica Wang used in your cycles at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center.
I did not get to the point of working with Dr. Wang’s staff as I saw her only for a consultation/second opinion.
Describe your experience with Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center.
I can’t speak to the strengths/weaknesses of the clinic as I did not proceed with the clinic beyond the consultation. I didn’t choose a different clinic; I simply had to take time off before moving forward with next steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center.
I was not quoted any costs at the time of my consultation.
Erica Wang
Los Angeles

[Dr. Jessica Chan] is very relatable, and speaks to me like a friend...she has been very thorough so far in her testing and explaining to me all of the options available given my current health status. She's easily accessible and presents information in a clear manner...I'm on my first month of Letrozole/trigger shot/timed intercourse. After my first round of Letrozole, I have 3 eggs ready to go! I have not had a period since going off birth control pills 16 months ago, and she believes I have mild PCOS. So far we are getting the results we are seeking, which is ovulation.
Everyone [at Cedars-Sinai] has been very friendly...is such a large hospital, it has many specialists and chronology at its disposal. l like that it's a one-stop-shop, and the same hospital where I see my OB/GYN. Some may not like such a large organization, but I think that's simply a personal preference... Almost all of my interaction has been directly with Dr. Chan, so I don't have too much to say on the nursing staff...The medication she prescribed has been about $250/month and $50 copay for ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Jessica Chan at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center?
I'm very into my fertility treatment, so it's hard to give a full review at this point. But she has been very thorough so far in her testing and explaining to me all of the options available given my current health status. She's easily accessible and presents information in a clear manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Chan at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center?
I've followed all of her medical advice thus far and am happy with the way my treatments are going! So I would say trust her, she has not steered me wrong.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Chan at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center?
Dr. Chan is very relatable, and speaks to me like a friend.
Describe the protocols Jessica Chan used in your cycles at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center and their degree of success.
Everyone has been very friendly. Almost all of my interaction has been directly with Dr. Chan, so I don't have too much to say on the nursing staff.
Cedars is such a large hospital, it has many specialists and chronology at its disposal. l like that it's a one-stop-shop, and the same hospital where I see my OB/GYN. Some may not like such a large organization, but I think that's simply a personal preference.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Chan at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center.
My insurance covered all testing leading up to treatment, as I came into her office with a "medical" problem, of not having a period. The medication she prescribed has been about $250/month and $50 copay for ultrasounds.
Describe Jessica Chan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center.
Jessica Chan
Los Angeles

Dr. Chan is kind and down to earth. She feels like my friend and I have never felt rushed under her care. ... Dr. Chan is warm, but not fake or overly optimistic. She's kind and is willing to consider your input. I have some medical knowledge and she takes that into account and doesn't talk down to you, which was extremely important to me. ... She will explore anything with you and find out if she doesn't know.
I think their [Cedars-Sinai Los Angeles] approaches are a little on the traditional side but I haven't gotten into the big procedures yet. ... Clinic is on the small side which is good and bad. I definitely feel like more than just a number, which I felt at another clinic I'd been to. ... Everyone has been great during the ultrasounds and inseminations. ... The nurses have been lovely here. So kind! ...
Ask questions! She will explore anything with you and find out if she doesn't know.
I did several medicated cycles (timed intercourse) with her, followed by several IUIs. We tried Clomid and Femara. No luck, but I'm a tough case and I wasn't expecting much. I'm now gearing up for IVF.
The nurses have been lovely here. So kind!
Clinic is on the small side which is good and bad. I definitely feel like more than just a number, which I felt at another clinic I'd been to. I think their approaches are a little on the traditional side but I haven't gotten into the big procedures yet. Everyone has been great during the ultrasounds and inseminations.
Jessica Chan