Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Cranford
123 North Union Ave
Cranford, NJ 07016
Four Ethel Road
Edison, NJ 08817
Princeton
114 Stanhope Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 2Don't recommend: 16.3
Front desk [at Ctr Adv Repro Med - Princeton] is congenial, but Drs are abrupt and nurses are hard to get a hold of. I wanted to schedule a follow-up post-retrieval with Dr. Corsan, and they made me pay for it, even though the follow-up to discuss what happened should have been part of the overall package price I paid for treatment. I felt nickle-and-dimed by this clinic.
Describe your experience with Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
Front desk is congenial, but Drs are abrupt and nurses are hard to get a hold of. I wanted to schedule a follow-up post-retrieval with Dr. Corsan, and they made me pay for it, even though the follow-up to discuss what happened should have been part of the overall package price I paid for treatment. I felt nickle-and-dimed by this clinic.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
How was your experience with Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
I would be wary of seeking Dr. Corsan's services if you're seeking IVF treatment. His low prices and Princeton location is what drew me to his office, and I should have known better -- it's always best to go with word-of-mouth, of which I had none. I was treated like a number, one of a dozen and only met with the Dr once or twice. His staff were nice enough, but were not nearly as informative as they could have been as compared to the 2 other clinics I eventually sought IVF assistance from. Having been a patient at 3 clinics in total, I can say that Dr. Corsan and his staff were the least professional and least organized of all 3 (the 2 other clinics were in South Jersey and Delaware). It really pays to get a 2d opinion since you increasingly become a more informed patient and not all Drs are the same -- not all treatment protocols are the same and your patient experience can vary wildly, so please seek a 2d opinion if you choose to go with Dr. Corsan and his team. Specifically, his clinic only does 5-day transfers and in my case, I would have benefited from a 3-day transfer, since my one embryo (they were only able to retrieve 1 egg -- why they didn't cancel me is a whole other issue) turned into a morula on day 5. Why Dr. Corsan didn't instruct a day 3 transfer is beyond me. Further, when they examined me and saw only 2-3 eggs, why didn't he suggest possibly cancelling the cycle? We were paying cash out-of-pocket and would have benefited greatly from canceling the cycle and converting it to an IUI. Instead, we proceeded unknowingly to retrieval where Dr. Corsan's colleague (Sachdev) retrieved ONLY 1 EGG. To pay thousands of dollars to retrieve an egg that my body would have produced regardless of the injectables is insane and yet Dr. Corsan let us proceed. Why? I have to think it's because the big money is in the retrieval and transfer. What a waste and we were too ignorant to see otherwise. PLEASE PLEASE seek a 2d opinion before you pursue his assistance otherwise you will get what you pay for and it may not be worth the savings in the end.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Get a 2d opinion. There are far more competent RE's out there and if this is your first foray into IVF, Dr. Corsan is now who you want steering the boat.
Describe the protocols Gregory Corsan used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ and their degree of success.
Dr. Corsan assigned me to a microdose Lupron protocol, which he apparently assigns to all his patients with "unexplained infertility." Even though I wasn't responding well to treatment, he did nothing to change the protocol. Ultimately, they saw 2-3 eggs on ultrasound, but at retrieval, only retrieved 1 egg. It was discouraging because we could have saved thousands of dollars by cancelling and converting the cycle to an IUI, but that would have meant a loss of profits to Dr. Corsan, so they let us proceed to retrieval. Shame on Dr. Corsan and his staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
IVF package was about $6500 and was supposed to include all scans, bloodwork, retrieval and transfer. Post-transfer, I waited to see if I would get a follow-up appt to discuss the chemical pregnancy that resulted, but they never called. Instead, I needed to be proactive to schedule it and they charged me for it. I didn't appreciate that. A follow-up appt post-transfer should be part of the overall package so that patients can discuss what happened, what went wrong and what could change for next time. I can assure, there was no "next time" since we took our business elsewhere.
Gregory Corsan
Princeton
2013 - 2014
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
[Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ] is a small clinic hidden away in an office park. You definitely do not feel like just another name on a chart and faces become very familiar. Everyone is very encouraging and respectful....Victoria was very compassionate and returned calls very quickly. She explained everything clearly, did our injection classes, and was present for egg retrieval and embryo transfer.
2013 - 2014
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
It is a small clinic hidden away in an office park. You definitely do not feel like just another name on a chart and faces become very familiar. Everyone is very encouraging and respectful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
When we got the diagnosis of my unicornuate uterus I was very worried. It's a very rare mullerian anomaly. Dr. Sachdev read countless articles to better understand it and to help tailor our treatments. He understood the added risks and when we were preparing for the FET he personally did the final lining check to make sure everything looked perfect for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ. (Assigned nurse: Victoria)
How was your experience with Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
He was very available and made sure you felt comfortable with all the information. Infertility treatments can be very overwhelming so to have a RE who was so kind and involved was very comforting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
He travels to the satellite locations so that can affect making appointments on certain days in Edison.
Describe the protocols Rahul Sachdev used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ and their degree of success.
We started with the standard 50mg Clomid and TI for the first cycle. I ended up with enormous cysts and was benched for a month for them to shrink down. We tried three more cycles on 25mg Clomid and TI, but the dominant follicles always ended up on the wrong ovary and ended with negatives. Dr. Sachdev recommended skipping straight to IVF to circumvent the ovary issue. I did Lupron down regulation then Follistim and Menopur (very low dose) with Ovidrel trigger. They retrieved 10 eggs from my right ovary, but couldn't reach my left ovary. Of those 10 only 4 were mature. All 4 fertilized, made it to freeze for CCS testing, and came back with normal results. We transferred one during FET and had a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
They had monitoring hours in the morning at the Edison office. You would sign in and wait to be called back for blood work and ultrasound. It usually wasn't a long wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
A lot was covered by insurance.
Rahul Sachdev
2012 - 2014
They [the nurses] are busy! But thorough. Didn't love that I could only ever leave voice mail to reach them...
2012 - 2014
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Suna Qasim at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
He really seemed happy and excited. Like when we came back for baby#2 he was sooooo happy. I loved him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ. (Assigned nurse: erica)
They are busy! But thorough. Didn't love that I could only ever leave voice mail to reach them...
How was your experience with Suna Qasim at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Excited, happy, thorough, great bedside manner, easy to talk to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Suna Qasim at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
He is very excited to be working with you. It is not a show.
Suna Qasim