Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Edison, NJ 08817
Princeton
114 Stanhope Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ to a friend?

6.7

6.4

6.9
3 doctors
I do not understand how I endured months of vaginal ultrasounds and not one person at this clinic [Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] noticed that my left ovary is fused to the uterus and therefore inaccessible. This should have been pointed out right away as it would have saved me years of heartache and would have led me to the path of using a donor much sooner, while I was still covered under insurance. Some of the staff was rude in that they wouldn't speak to you or answer questions....The doctors are very nice, as is the financial person (she is the wife of one of the doctors) but the morning nurses who do ultrasounds are standoffish.
Describe your experience with Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
The doctors are very nice, as is the financial person (she is the wife of one of the doctors) but the morning nurses who do ultrasounds are standoffish. In retrospect, I feel like they were filling me with false hope to collect payment from my insurance company (I was nearly 100% covered for IVF at the time). The clinic itself is clean and organized. The reception staff in 2016 was not nearly as nice and welcoming as they are now.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
I felt like the doctor cared genuinely about my desire to have children, although he did "scold" me for "waiting so long" at our first meeting, which was off-putting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
Erika was very blunt and always seemed overworked, but she always answered my questions in a timely manner. The morning nurses who did the ultrasounds barely spoke to me and made me feel like another in a line of cattle. They were rough with the equipment, which caused me a lot of physical pain and never once mentioned to me an issue with my left ovary being "fused" to the uterus. This issue caused me to have zero eggs retrieved, a service that I paid for that should have been avoided.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
How was your experience with Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Dr. Corsan made me feel like I waited too long to see him, and the fact that I didn't understand the timeline of "fertility" seemed to frustrate him at first. However, he quickly changed his tune and became very compassionate, explaining that the chances were slim, but he had a "good feeling" that we should try IVF right away. I went through months of treatment, only to have my first cycle canceled due to lack of follicles (after being told my numbers were increasing nicely). My second cycle produced more follicles and I went to retrieval, only to be told by the doctor that there were no follicles in my right ovary and there were 3 in my left ovary but he could not access them because that ovary was "fused" to my uterus and he would risk penetrating the bowel if he attempted to reach it. I will never understand why, after daily vaginal ultrasounds for months, that NOBODY NOTICED that one ovary was inaccessible! It was very irresponsible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Ask a LOT of questions! Do your research and make sure that they give you all the tests you COULD possibly need before going forward. Don't hand over money without discussing the finer points of your anatomy. And don't let the doctors "blow off" your clinical and financial questions.
Describe the protocols Gregory Corsan used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ and their degree of success.
I remember using Lupron and another medicine that was in a pen. I also used birth control and Follistim. After the first cycle produced no follicles, the treatment was not adjusted in any way.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
It was very cattle call. They sometimes didn't adhere to the first come, first served rule. The nurses were rough with the equipment and didn't make me feel comfortable, rather I felt like I was a burden.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
My IVF was almost 100% covered by insurance. I paid about $800 out of pocket at the time.
Describe Gregory Corsan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
At the time (2016) the doctor was very excited that he had a donor available who "always produced twins". Recently, I've been told they prefer eSET.
Gregory Corsan
Edison

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.

Front desk [at Ctr Adv Repro Med - Princeton] is congenial, but Drs are abrupt and nurses are hard to get a hold of. I wanted to schedule a follow-up post-retrieval with Dr. Corsan, and they made me pay for it, even though the follow-up to discuss what happened should have been part of the overall package price I paid for treatment. I felt nickle-and-dimed by this clinic.
Front desk is congenial, but Drs are abrupt and nurses are hard to get a hold of. I wanted to schedule a follow-up post-retrieval with Dr. Corsan, and they made me pay for it, even though the follow-up to discuss what happened should have been part of the overall package price I paid for treatment. I felt nickle-and-dimed by this clinic.
I would be wary of seeking Dr. Corsan's services if you're seeking IVF treatment. His low prices and Princeton location is what drew me to his office, and I should have known better -- it's always best to go with word-of-mouth, of which I had none. I was treated like a number, one of a dozen and only met with the Dr once or twice. His staff were nice enough, but were not nearly as informative as they could have been as compared to the 2 other clinics I eventually sought IVF assistance from. Having been a patient at 3 clinics in total, I can say that Dr. Corsan and his staff were the least professional and least organized of all 3 (the 2 other clinics were in South Jersey and Delaware). It really pays to get a 2d opinion since you increasingly become a more informed patient and not all Drs are the same -- not all treatment protocols are the same and your patient experience can vary wildly, so please seek a 2d opinion if you choose to go with Dr. Corsan and his team. Specifically, his clinic only does 5-day transfers and in my case, I would have benefited from a 3-day transfer, since my one embryo (they were only able to retrieve 1 egg -- why they didn't cancel me is a whole other issue) turned into a morula on day 5. Why Dr. Corsan didn't instruct a day 3 transfer is beyond me. Further, when they examined me and saw only 2-3 eggs, why didn't he suggest possibly cancelling the cycle? We were paying cash out-of-pocket and would have benefited greatly from canceling the cycle and converting it to an IUI. Instead, we proceeded unknowingly to retrieval where Dr. Corsan's colleague (Sachdev) retrieved ONLY 1 EGG. To pay thousands of dollars to retrieve an egg that my body would have produced regardless of the injectables is insane and yet Dr. Corsan let us proceed. Why? I have to think it's because the big money is in the retrieval and transfer. What a waste and we were too ignorant to see otherwise. PLEASE PLEASE seek a 2d opinion before you pursue his assistance otherwise you will get what you pay for and it may not be worth the savings in the end.
Get a 2d opinion. There are far more competent RE's out there and if this is your first foray into IVF, Dr. Corsan is now who you want steering the boat.
Dr. Corsan assigned me to a microdose Lupron protocol, which he apparently assigns to all his patients with "unexplained infertility." Even though I wasn't responding well to treatment, he did nothing to change the protocol. Ultimately, they saw 2-3 eggs on ultrasound, but at retrieval, only retrieved 1 egg. It was discouraging because we could have saved thousands of dollars by cancelling and converting the cycle to an IUI, but that would have meant a loss of profits to Dr. Corsan, so they let us proceed to retrieval. Shame on Dr. Corsan and his staff.
IVF package was about $6500 and was supposed to include all scans, bloodwork, retrieval and transfer. Post-transfer, I waited to see if I would get a follow-up appt to discuss the chemical pregnancy that resulted, but they never called. Instead, I needed to be proactive to schedule it and they charged me for it. I didn't appreciate that. A follow-up appt post-transfer should be part of the overall package so that patients can discuss what happened, what went wrong and what could change for next time. I can assure, there was no "next time" since we took our business elsewhere.
Gregory Corsan
Princeton

2013 - 2014
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
[Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ] is a small clinic hidden away in an office park. You definitely do not feel like just another name on a chart and faces become very familiar. Everyone is very encouraging and respectful....Victoria was very compassionate and returned calls very quickly. She explained everything clearly, did our injection classes, and was present for egg retrieval and embryo transfer.
2013 - 2014
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
It is a small clinic hidden away in an office park. You definitely do not feel like just another name on a chart and faces become very familiar. Everyone is very encouraging and respectful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
When we got the diagnosis of my unicornuate uterus I was very worried. It's a very rare mullerian anomaly. Dr. Sachdev read countless articles to better understand it and to help tailor our treatments. He understood the added risks and when we were preparing for the FET he personally did the final lining check to make sure everything looked perfect for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ. (Assigned nurse: Victoria)
How was your experience with Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
He was very available and made sure you felt comfortable with all the information. Infertility treatments can be very overwhelming so to have a RE who was so kind and involved was very comforting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
He travels to the satellite locations so that can affect making appointments on certain days in Edison.
Describe the protocols Rahul Sachdev used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ and their degree of success.
We started with the standard 50mg Clomid and TI for the first cycle. I ended up with enormous cysts and was benched for a month for them to shrink down. We tried three more cycles on 25mg Clomid and TI, but the dominant follicles always ended up on the wrong ovary and ended with negatives. Dr. Sachdev recommended skipping straight to IVF to circumvent the ovary issue. I did Lupron down regulation then Follistim and Menopur (very low dose) with Ovidrel trigger. They retrieved 10 eggs from my right ovary, but couldn't reach my left ovary. Of those 10 only 4 were mature. All 4 fertilized, made it to freeze for CCS testing, and came back with normal results. We transferred one during FET and had a successful pregnancy.
They had monitoring hours in the morning at the Edison office. You would sign in and wait to be called back for blood work and ultrasound. It usually wasn't a long wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
A lot was covered by insurance.
Rahul Sachdev
Edison

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rahul Sachdev at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.

2016 - 2019
The waiting room [Ctr Adv Repro Med] is cold. Scheduling appointments must be done weeks in advance, so planning something on a tight timeline is difficult, especially if you are aging. Ultrasound nurses lack empathy. Doctors are very nice. Finance person is extremely helpful with all areas, even outside financials.... One [nurse] is really smart, nice, and compassionate. The other, when discussing that I would look for an egg donor who looked like me
2016 - 2019
The waiting room is cold. Scheduling appointments must be done weeks in advance, so planning something on a tight timeline is difficult, especially if you are aging. Ultrasound nurses lack empathy. Doctors are very nice. Finance person is extremely helpful with all areas, even outside financials.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Suna Qasim at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
spoke with care and consideration to my needs
One is really smart, nice, and compassionate. The other, when discussing that I would look for an egg donor who looked like me (caucasion, blue eyes), asked if I would like an hispanic donor. Seemed like she wasn't hearing me.
How was your experience with Suna Qasim at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Explained everything to me, but glossed over the chances of failure.Made me feel like everything would work out when it was clear afterwards that it couldn't. I only discovered that one ovary was "fused" to the side of my uterus from prior scarring and eggs could not be retrieved from it. I felt like they should have known that before the retrieval day since I had US daily.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Suna Qasim at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Ask a LOT of questions and insist on a clear answer
Describe the protocols Suna Qasim used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ and their degree of success.
I don't remember
It was efficient, and if you got there first thing you were in and out quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Suna Qasim at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
Mostly covered by insurance, except for egg donation.
Suna Qasim

2012 - 2014
They [the nurses] are busy! But thorough. Didn't love that I could only ever leave voice mail to reach them...
2012 - 2014
He really seemed happy and excited. Like when we came back for baby#2 he was sooooo happy. I loved him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ. (Assigned nurse: erica)
They are busy! But thorough. Didn't love that I could only ever leave voice mail to reach them...
Excited, happy, thorough, great bedside manner, easy to talk to.
He is very excited to be working with you. It is not a show.
Suna Qasim
Edison

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Suna Qasim at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.