Genetic counseling: Offered
Tarzana, CA 91356
Thousand Oaks
415 Rolling Oaks Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Fertility and Gynecology to a friend?

1 doctor
The clinic [Center for Fertility and Gynecology] has a calming environment. It’s peaceful, and does not feel too sterile or medical like. It was a little confusing to find the first time based on where it’s located with all the medical buildings nearby. They do not validate, but it isn’t usually too much money. ... I have primarily worked with Zenia [nurse]. She is compassionate and caring, and is awesome with a needle! You can’t feel a thing when she draws blood. She is also fast at responding to emails and calls.
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
The clinic has a calming environment. It’s peaceful, and does not feel too sterile or medical like. It was a little confusing to find the first time based on where it’s located with all the medical buildings nearby. They do not validate, but it isn’t usually too much money. And if the visit is quick enough, you don’t end up owing anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology?
He is compassionate and caring. While seeing him we had a loss, and he was so empathetic and caring throughout the experience. He has made me feel comfortable from day one.
I am still getting to know everyone there, but so far they have all been fantastic. I have primarily worked with Zenia. She is compassionate and caring, and is awesome with a needle! You can’t feel a thing when she draws blood. She is also fast at responding to emails and calls.
How was your experience with Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology?
Prior to seeing Dr. Vermesh we had a different RE. While the previous RE was straightforward and polite, showing some empathy, we never felt at ease. Both my husband and I have felt 100 percent at east with Dr. Vermesh from day one. He answers every single question without making you feel like you are dumb, and he will explain in layman’s terms when needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology?
Don’t be afraid to ask your questions because he will answer them all for you.
Describe the protocols Michael Vermesh used in your cycles at Center for Fertility and Gynecology and their degree of success.
We had gone in for an initial consult for IVF. We have unexplained infertility. We had previously one medicated cycle and 3 medicated IUIs with our precious RE. This is the first consult I’ve had that I recited an ultrasound at the first visit. Dr. Vermesh informed me when he thought I would ovulate, and “prescribed” timed intercourse. I was skeptical based on our previous history, but it worked. Sadly that pregnancy ended in miscarriage, but it gave us hope. We are continuing to try naturally again (with monitored cycles) with the idea that IVF is still on the table if needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
My insurance covers nothing. His consult I believe was $250-$300. Ultrasounds are $250 each. I also did a lipid drip, and that was $500 I believe. Bloodwork was $70 for progesterone.
Tarzana

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology.

The entire office staff [Center for Fertility and Gynecology] is warm and friendly. The office is warm and inviting. We do have to pay for parking; but I feel it’s worth it. I have no complaints and feel confident we are with the right office. ... The nurses are amazing. Friendly and positive. Also compassionate when a cycle doesn’t work. Great follow up skills when we were doing injectibles. ...
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
The entire office staff is warm and friendly. The office is warm and inviting. We do have to pay for parking; but I feel it’s worth it. I have no complaints and feel confident we are with the right office.
After talking to several other doctors, we felt like he presented the same exact information but with such a kinder spirit. I am in my 40s and although it’s a factor, he never treats me as if I’m nuts for wanting a baby. I feel respected and well taken care of at this office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Fertility and Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Xenia and Julianna )
Dr Vermesh is the first doctor we’ve met that is open to our potential. We had a previous experience that was very negative. We felt like donor eggs were our only option, and the doctor made us feel bad about ourselves and our situation. Dr Vermesh is just as hopeful as we are. He gives us his professional opinion, but always takes into account our thoughts and feelings. I believe he is truly the best match for us and will help us have our baby some day.
Be honest and ask questions. He will offer his advice, but is also open to hearing your thoughts.
We started with natural IUI. When that was unsuccessful, we tried IUI with injectibles. Unfortunately, that was also unsuccessful. But we appreciate that he was willing to try these less involved procedures before even suggesting IVF. We had reservations about taking a big financial and emotional leap without having tried anything else first. We feel like he is helping us through our journey to come up with the best solution for us and even if the previous IUIs did not work, each cycle we learn more which will eventually help us in making our baby a reality.
Costs were typical for LA area. Office visits are $250 but there are packages available depending on treatment.
Tarzana

The nursing staff [Center for Fertility & Gynecology] are wonderful. They are the ones that are there from start to finish. They organize everything for you and explain any further questions you might have. They make sure when taking your medications that you know which day, how much, and such. They are extremely organized and they know your name when you enter. You build a relationship with them and you don't feel like a number.
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
They answer the phone EVERY TIME (during office hours). You don't have to go through an automated message which is so important when you start to panic about the unknown that is going on with you. They are friendly and courteous and treat you as an individual.
Both Dr. Vermesh and the entire office treat you like they have all the time in the world for you. They are kind and know your name and don't rush you though like cattle..
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Fertility and Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff are wonderful. They are the ones that are there from start to finish. They organize everything for you and explain any further questions you might have. They make sure when taking your medications that you know which day, how much, and such. They are extremely organized and they know your name when you enter. You build a relationship with them and you don't feel like a number.
He is very knowledgeable and makes me feel confident in my decision to go with him. He clearly lays out what the path will be and if we need to change course he clearly explains what to do next. He is on call for emergencies and easy to get a hold of.
We did an IVF cycle with Dr. Vermesh. I was on 2-3 injectables prior to egg retrieval. For the transfer he had me on progesterone (injectables), estrogen tablets (build and sustain uterine lining, estrogen patches (tablets alone were not enough), and baby aspirin. I am supposed to be continuing those until I am about 9.5 weeks pregnant.
In total including all medication, procedures, and follow up visits after getting pregnant I would say we spent close to $20,000-$25,000 for an IVF cycle that included the transfer, PGD testing, ICSI, and assisted hatching.
Describe Michael Vermesh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
Due to my age he decided 1 would be best as we had a high percentage of twins.
Tarzana

They [Ctr for Fert and Gyn - Tarz] wanted to overcharge me on some lab work that I have done already with them they wouldn't call my prescription sometimes on time sometimes lab that needed to get done with through my insurance they would not fax over on time and a lot of times I had to call myself to see about my results because they would forget to call me back... $5,250 for when cycle plus we had to pay for labs were about 1000 and ICSI was 1500 plus OP room and Anesthesia for IVF was 1150 plus assisted hatching was 700
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
Strengths are the doctors are very knowledgeable about their procedures and they also want the best success for their patients weakness I have to say staff that works with them are not really good they don't do their job right they're more like they see a person as a dollar sign instead of seeing a person as a human they also want to overcharge someone for procedures that were already paid for
I felt like a human
Nurses wear kind of a get patient in and get patient out type of thing and they also didn't know how to draw blood
What specific things went wrong at Center for Fertility and Gynecology?
He was a doctor that analyzed you first and checked his patients to make sure what was the best procedure for them he would sit down and talk to you about step-by-step what he thought that was best for his patients .
He will try to make your experience successful
Day 3 through 7 Clomid day 3 through 11 gonal-f 1200 trigger the following day because doctor thought I was going to ovulate before he got to retrieval so made my appointment a day earlier or retrieval retrieved 20 eggs 12 mature 10 fertilized 5 today 5 with two early Blast 2 very early blast and one morula so cancelled transfer for day 6 basics had one 4ab two 4ba and 2 arrested doctor wanted to transfer back 2 but didn't have money to freeze the third one so I asked him if he could transfer back to three right now it's too early to tell if if anything was a success
he checks the embryos of his patients before he decides on how many he is going to transfer back

2012
$14,000 including medications -- maybe $8,000 to $10,000 no medications...all in all they were great, but I had limited care with. I lived in FL was there for 2 weeks for retrieval transfer rest. other care was in FL...I live in FL -- and was able to come to LA for treatments. LA doctors were more affordable then in my local FL area. The doctor was ok and enabled this for me. I saw a FL doctor to monitor egg growth before I came out -- while he got the results and evaluated them for my care. During the actual transfer he was talking to his nurses about golf or something, while it was a very emotional time for me. I thought that was insensitive, but he when he saw me crying a bit -- he became for sensitive to the huge moment it was for me. All in all I have twins -- which a single pregnancy was the goal. I transferred two embryos, and feel very blessed. I was nervous to care for twins, but feel very fortunate.
2012
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
This was done 5 years ago so hard to remember exactly. But my memory was neutral -- to good
I do not remember
$14,000 including medications -- maybe $8,000 to $10,000 no medications
2012 -- not sure if eSET was available. as I wanted a single -- but transferred two and had twins
Tarzana
The waiting room [Ctr for Fertility & Gyn] was very calm and relax the office looked amazing it was very calming The staff was very nice and friendly very open there is a beautiful view from the office window if you’re afraid of heights don’t sit by the window There is pamphlets for information that you could read why you waited... He [Dr. Vermesh] really wanted to help me but I just didn’t have the funds to continue the treatment he was recommending
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
The waiting room was very calm and relax the office looked amazing it was very calming The staff was very nice and friendly very open there is a beautiful view from the office window if you’re afraid of heights don’t sit by the window There is pamphlets for information that you could read why you waited
He really wanted to help me but I just didn’t have the funds to continue the treatment he was recommending
He show compassion and was willing to work with me as much as possible it wasn’t like I was somebody just like a number I was like I was the actual person and showed me more information then went and the doctor has shared with me about my PCOS I didn’t really see any weaknesses for him I just wish I could’ve continued treatment but at the time I was a teacher and did not have the funding
Don’t set your expectations too high but don’t set them to low set them in the middle