Center for Fertility and Gynecology

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
Bakersfield
100 W Columbus St
Bakersfield, CA 93301
18370 Burbank Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91356
Thousand Oaks
415 Rolling Oaks Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Fertility and Gynecology to a friend?
1 doctor
The nursing staff [Center for Fertility & Gynecology] are wonderful. They are the ones that are there from start to finish. They organize everything for you and explain any further questions you might have. They make sure when taking your medications that you know which day, how much, and such. They are extremely organized and they know your name when you enter. You build a relationship with them and you don't feel like a number.
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
They answer the phone EVERY TIME (during office hours). You don't have to go through an automated message which is so important when you start to panic about the unknown that is going on with you. They are friendly and courteous and treat you as an individual.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology?
Both Dr. Vermesh and the entire office treat you like they have all the time in the world for you. They are kind and know your name and don't rush you though like cattle..
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Fertility and Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff are wonderful. They are the ones that are there from start to finish. They organize everything for you and explain any further questions you might have. They make sure when taking your medications that you know which day, how much, and such. They are extremely organized and they know your name when you enter. You build a relationship with them and you don't feel like a number.
How was your experience with Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology?
He is very knowledgeable and makes me feel confident in my decision to go with him. He clearly lays out what the path will be and if we need to change course he clearly explains what to do next. He is on call for emergencies and easy to get a hold of.
Describe the protocols Michael Vermesh used in your cycles at Center for Fertility and Gynecology and their degree of success.
We did an IVF cycle with Dr. Vermesh. I was on 2-3 injectables prior to egg retrieval. For the transfer he had me on progesterone (injectables), estrogen tablets (build and sustain uterine lining, estrogen patches (tablets alone were not enough), and baby aspirin. I am supposed to be continuing those until I am about 9.5 weeks pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
In total including all medication, procedures, and follow up visits after getting pregnant I would say we spent close to $20,000-$25,000 for an IVF cycle that included the transfer, PGD testing, ICSI, and assisted hatching.
Describe Michael Vermesh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
Due to my age he decided 1 would be best as we had a high percentage of twins.
Tarzana
They [Ctr for Fert and Gyn - Tarz] wanted to overcharge me on some lab work that I have done already with them they wouldn't call my prescription sometimes on time sometimes lab that needed to get done with through my insurance they would not fax over on time and a lot of times I had to call myself to see about my results because they would forget to call me back... $5,250 for when cycle plus we had to pay for labs were about 1000 and ICSI was 1500 plus OP room and Anesthesia for IVF was 1150 plus assisted hatching was 700
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
Strengths are the doctors are very knowledgeable about their procedures and they also want the best success for their patients weakness I have to say staff that works with them are not really good they don't do their job right they're more like they see a person as a dollar sign instead of seeing a person as a human they also want to overcharge someone for procedures that were already paid for
I felt like a human
Nurses wear kind of a get patient in and get patient out type of thing and they also didn't know how to draw blood
What specific things went wrong at Center for Fertility and Gynecology?
He was a doctor that analyzed you first and checked his patients to make sure what was the best procedure for them he would sit down and talk to you about step-by-step what he thought that was best for his patients .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Vermesh at Center for Fertility and Gynecology?
He will try to make your experience successful
Day 3 through 7 Clomid day 3 through 11 gonal-f 1200 trigger the following day because doctor thought I was going to ovulate before he got to retrieval so made my appointment a day earlier or retrieval retrieved 20 eggs 12 mature 10 fertilized 5 today 5 with two early Blast 2 very early blast and one morula so cancelled transfer for day 6 basics had one 4ab two 4ba and 2 arrested doctor wanted to transfer back 2 but didn't have money to freeze the third one so I asked him if he could transfer back to three right now it's too early to tell if if anything was a success
he checks the embryos of his patients before he decides on how many he is going to transfer back
2012
$14,000 including medications -- maybe $8,000 to $10,000 no medications...all in all they were great, but I had limited care with. I lived in FL was there for 2 weeks for retrieval transfer rest. other care was in FL...I live in FL -- and was able to come to LA for treatments. LA doctors were more affordable then in my local FL area. The doctor was ok and enabled this for me. I saw a FL doctor to monitor egg growth before I came out -- while he got the results and evaluated them for my care. During the actual transfer he was talking to his nurses about golf or something, while it was a very emotional time for me. I thought that was insensitive, but he when he saw me crying a bit -- he became for sensitive to the huge moment it was for me. All in all I have twins -- which a single pregnancy was the goal. I transferred two embryos, and feel very blessed. I was nervous to care for twins, but feel very fortunate.
2012
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
This was done 5 years ago so hard to remember exactly. But my memory was neutral -- to good
I do not remember
$14,000 including medications -- maybe $8,000 to $10,000 no medications
2012 -- not sure if eSET was available. as I wanted a single -- but transferred two and had twins
Tarzana
The waiting room [Ctr for Fertility & Gyn] was very calm and relax the office looked amazing it was very calming The staff was very nice and friendly very open there is a beautiful view from the office window if you’re afraid of heights don’t sit by the window There is pamphlets for information that you could read why you waited... He [Dr. Vermesh] really wanted to help me but I just didn’t have the funds to continue the treatment he was recommending
Describe your experience with Center for Fertility and Gynecology.
The waiting room was very calm and relax the office looked amazing it was very calming The staff was very nice and friendly very open there is a beautiful view from the office window if you’re afraid of heights don’t sit by the window There is pamphlets for information that you could read why you waited
He really wanted to help me but I just didn’t have the funds to continue the treatment he was recommending
He show compassion and was willing to work with me as much as possible it wasn’t like I was somebody just like a number I was like I was the actual person and showed me more information then went and the doctor has shared with me about my PCOS I didn’t really see any weaknesses for him I just wish I could’ve continued treatment but at the time I was a teacher and did not have the funding
Don’t set your expectations too high but don’t set them to low set them in the middle