Center for Reproductive Care

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Chicago
1725 W. HARRISON STREET
Chicago, IL 60612
312-942-3824
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Care to a friend?
1 doctor
As already stated, the clinic [Rush University] is smaller than others in the area. In my opinion, I see that as a strength. Some people may find it to be a weakness because they don’t have a portal and are not open on the weekends. However, I am willing to give up those two things in order to feel like I am with a team that makes me feel that they are really, truly going through this thing with us and are emotionally invested in our story. Oh and that’s not even mentioning how amazingly knowledgeable the doctor is! Seriously, when you sit down with her and hear her explain things to you, you feel like you’re in the hands of the best! And you are!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Care.
As already stated, the clinic is smaller than others in the area. In my opinion, I see that as a strength. Some people may find it to be a weakness because they don’t have a portal and are not open on the weekends. However, I am willing to give up those two things in order to feel like I am with a team that makes me feel that they are really, truly going through this thing with us and are emotionally invested in our story. Oh and that’s not even mentioning how amazingly knowledgeable the doctor is! Seriously, when you sit down with her and hear her explain things to you, you feel like you’re in the hands of the best! And you are!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
She is absolutely amazing. This is such a hard process to go through and she always makes me feel like she is going through it WITH us. I trust her completely. Even if this never “works”, I will always be grateful that it was her that we did it with.
It’s a smaller clinic than the other ones in the area, so even though I didn’t see the same nurse every time, I got to know all of them well and really feel that they all know my case very well. So I always feel like I’m in good hands no matter which nurse walks in that day.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Care?
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
She is amazing. Words can not express how grateful I am to have her in my corner, to have her at the steering wheel. I trust her completely and can’t say enough good words about how knowledgeable and compassionate this woman is. I adore her and would never want to do this with anyone else. Even if it never works, I will forever be grateful for her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
It’s a smaller clinic and they are not open on the weekends. So be prepared to work around the weekends for monitoring. But they have early morning monitoring appointments and I never felt that the no-weekend thing was ever a problem (they are very good at the planning part). Any major procedures will happen on whatever day it needs to happen. Dr. Wood-Molo and the embryologist came in on a Sunday morning just for us when the transfer fell that way. So, the no-weekends thing can seem like a bad thing on the surface, in light of other clinics’ practices, but it really was a non-issue. Also, they don’t have a portal like other places in the area, so you get old fashioned phone calls for your results. But, honestly, a portal is just not anywhere near as important as the expertise and approach of this amazing doctor!! I’m fine with old-fashioned phone calls when I feel I’m in the hands of the exact right person! Those are the only two complaints I could imagine anyone having about this clinic, compared with others in the Chicagoland area, and they are truly non-issues!
Describe the protocols Mary Wood Molo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
We did multiple medicated cycles (with all of the same injectivle medications as IVF) in 2017, because my insurance does not cover ART. She is amazing at strategizing around insurance parameters. When we were ready to try a self-pay IVF cycle, she already knew how I respond to the injections and was able to start me out on pretty high doses, based on that info. We did a Lupron/follistim/menapur cycle with hcg trigger/boosters, prednisone, PIO around and after retrieval/transfer. Because of my age, we transferred all 3 embryos on Day 3. It didn’t work, but she made me feel soooo hopeful at our post-cycle consultation and we are doing some other insurance-covered things now before deciding if we’ll do another self-pay IVF cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care.
Most of the treatment has been covered by insurance, even though I went in thinking that my insurance would not cover anything related to infertility. She is amazing at getting creative to work within the (surprisingly wider than expected) parameters of my insurance coverage. It turns out, even the shots were covered when we were doing timed intercourse cycles vs IVF. However, once we decided to pull the proverbial trigger on the full IVF protocol, we were completely self-pay. Although, my insurance did still surprise me by covering a few of the labs and all of the anesthesia for the retrieval. But overall, because of the high doses of meds I was on (due to my age, weight and pcos), the overall cost was 20k+. That’s including everything. It may have been a little lower under another clinic, but I wouldn’t change her for anything.
Describe Mary Wood Molo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Care.
We transferred multiple because of my age and I am happy with that decision. She was very clear about the risks and empowered us to make the final decision.
Mary Wood Molo