Center for Reproductive Care

Chicago, IL 60612
312-942-3824

1 patient review filtered by:

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Wood Molo has been great. She has done all of my IVF procedures, and is very detailed in consults. I absolutely trust her and she is very knowledgable and willing to change plans based on patient preference. She can sometimes use jargon and cover information quickly, which can be hard to follow...I appreciated that Dr. Wood Molo was open to 1 or 2 embryos being transferred...During procedures she has good bedside manner and is very straightforward.
There is a range in the [Center for Reproductive Care] nursing staff. Overall, due to being rushed in and rushed out it often feels like they are unorganized, but it could just be that they are busy...Monitoring appointments often felt very busy and rushed. That being said, I normally was in and out quickly, and only a few times had an a 30-60 min wait...There are nursing staff, tech staff, and front desk staff who are very kind and caring. After receiving care for some time it is nice to have a treatment team who feels invested. The frustrations I have had are mostly due to feeling like there can be a lack of clear communication, or that the communication method is frustrating (playing phone tag vs secure messaging)
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
Dr. Wood Molo has been great. She has done all of my IVF procedures, and is very detailed in consults. I absolutely trust her and she is very knowledgable and willing to change plans based on patient preference. She can sometimes use jargon and cover information quickly, which can be hard to follow. During procedures she has good bedside manner and is very straightforward.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
You have to be assertive in getting answer if you have questions. I have often had to call, or bother a nurse to have a question answered. Also, the clinic is only open Mon-Fri if that matters. No appointments or procedures on weekends.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
Like many fertility clinics Dr. Wood Molo has many patients coming in for appointments, so monitoring can feel like you are asked to come in and out very quickly with little to no time to ask questions. However, the longer you are there the easier it is to get to know the nurses and tech staff and form relationships.
Describe the protocols Mary Wood Molo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
After my first consult with Dr. Wood Molo I choose to try naturally for 6-12 months before moving on to ART. Then we began with the least invasive per my request and given my diagnosis (PCOS). We started with natural IUIs (included monitoring and a trigger shot) since I did not want to have an increased risk of twins. After 3 unsuccessful attempts we moved to medicated IUI (monitoring, trigger shot, and using Letrozole I believe). After all of these did not work, we moved to IVF. We did a retrieval with minimal medication due to diagnosis. We decided to have all embryos PGT tested, to reduce risk of miscarrying. We did a FET due to my PCOS and being high risk for OHSS, but I needed a hysteroscopy first after a saline ultrasound showed a polyp. I became pregnant after the first FET, continued estrogen and progesterone, but had a miscarriage at 6/7 weeks after hearing a heartbeat. Due to limited PGT normal embryos we decided to do a mock cycle before moving to the next FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Care.
There is a range in the nursing staff. Overall, due to being rushed in and rushed out it often feels like they are unorganized, but it could just be that they are busy. There are times they would ask me questions that I felt they should know the answer to, and it was unclear why they were asking me. It was also very hard to find time to ask them questions, and I often felt I had to corner them after appointments just to know what was happening. They often come in to talk to you while you are doing an ultrasound, so it is not the best position to have a conversation. I encountered one newer nurse who was not great with procedures and I found them very uncomfortable. However, Renee has been fabulous and has done a great job with procedures. She is very kind and compassionate once you get to know her. But she seems very busy and can often explain things using jargon which can be hard to understand.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Care.
I continue to go to this clinic for a few reasons, but the top is that I trust Dr. Wood Molo with my care and I believe she knows what she is doing. It is also important to me that she performs the procedures (retrieval and IVF, not IUI). There are nursing staff, tech staff, and front desk staff who are very kind and caring. After receiving care for some time it is nice to have a treatment team who feels invested. The frustrations I have had are mostly due to feeling like there can be a lack of clear communication, or that the communication method is frustrating (playing phone tag vs secure messaging). Also, as someone who has a lot of questions it has been a struggle at times to get detailed information when I visit. There was no financial coordinator to talk me through expenses prior to starting and the quick pace of morning monitoring can leave you feeling like a number. That being said, I think some of these issues occur at various clinics.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Care.
Monitoring appointments often felt very busy and rushed. That being said, I normally was in and out quickly, and only a few times had an a 30-60 min wait. Which I appreciated since I had work after. It was hard to ask questions after monitoring appointments, but staff was friendly when I came in. The ultrasound techs are good with verbally walking through what they would do. Nurses often came in to talk to me while I'm in the stirrups.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care.
When I began treatment I tried to get estimates for how much procedures would cost, but since I was going through insurance it was very difficult because each insurance reimburses at different rates and if you are OOP the rates are different. I had to work with my insurance provider to get a clearer understanding of charges. Usually I paid a copay of $20 every visit, paid copays for medication, and then things shifted after I met my deductible. Most other expenses (e.g. PGT testing) were explained and discussed. I don't believe I was informed that there would be an OOP $150 cost per biopsy until I was called the day before by the clinic. I believe there is a newer staff member who now handles finances, as it has been easier to get estimates for procedures. We recently asked as we may have to switch to OOP. There are also other expenses if you do surgeries like a retrieval that the clinic was unsure of the cost, since it was fees Rush charged.
Describe Mary Wood Molo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Care.
I appreciated that Dr. Wood Molo was open to 1 or 2 embryos being transferred, but I believe she did warn that two would be higher risk of twin birth which is a riskier pregnancy. And she said statistically transferring 2 embryos across 2 FETs vs 2 embryos in 1 FET had statistically similar pregnancy odds.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Care.
I was most frustrated after retrieval in terms of getting results. I was told I would be called at specific days to hear how many eggs/embryos made it and I was not called on those specific days.
Mary Wood Molo