Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
508 W. 6th Avenue
Spokane, WA 99204
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 8Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 18.7
1 doctor
The clinics [Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility] demonstrates a caring nature and a clear desire to help their patients. If there were one thing I felt would have eased my experience and nerves it would be a sit down with Dr. Robins after the stim meds began. I know this would be difficult as it is a very busy time but it is also a very stressful time and as wonderful as the nurse coordinator is I still felt a little time with Dr. Robins would have alleviated many questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
The clinics demonstrates a caring nature and a clear desire to help their patients. If there were one thing I felt would have eased my experience and nerves it would be a sit down with Dr. Robins after the stim meds began. I know this would be difficult as it is a very busy time but it is also a very stressful time and as wonderful as the nurse coordinator is I still felt a little time with Dr. Robins would have alleviated many questions and concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edwin Robins at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility?
Dr. Robins came to the waiting room to greet me and take me back to the office for the consultation. He was amazing through the whole process in sensing how I was feeling and asking. He always had a calm demeanor but was very straight forward with all information. His staff were also very friendly and remembered my name on each encounter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Miranda )
The nurse coordinator I worked with was young but compassionate and knowledgeable. She was wonderful at following through and getting back to you on any questions.
How was your experience with Edwin Robins at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility?
Dr. Robins is a very caring and dedicated physician. He has a personal level of understanding the desire to have a family and all of the things his IVF patients are going through. His direct communication is clear and concise but not without feeling. I really appreciated the calming demeanor he had with each procedure I had. Having my first IVF experience there were many things that made me anxious and nervous. Dr. Robins was amazing at taking the time to explain things before they happened and showing compassion when he knew things were uncomfortable or painful. During a stressful time when a cyst presented before the IVF stim he knew I was nervous and even though he must have been pressed for time he took moments to come stand by my side and discuss what was going to happen and give me reassurance. Dr. Robins is a physician that can understand what his patients are going through on a level that most cannot, this is what sets him aside and makes him an amazing doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edwin Robins at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility?
Always be upfront and ask all your questions. He and his staff are friendly and amazing at their jobs.
Describe the protocols Edwin Robins used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Robins begins with birth control to regulate and control the cycle. used a follitropin and low dose HCG. The follitropin to stimulate the follicle growth and the low dose hcg to help with egg maturity. He monitors follicle growth very closely which is nice because it gives more opportunities for adjustments to be made if needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
The monitoring appointments were quick but with the friendly staff a pleasant experience. The nurse coordinator was happy to take the time to answer questions or calm nerves.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edwin Robins at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
Dr. Robins clinic was as affordable as most clinics. IVF is an expensive treatment due to all the medications and close monitoring it requires. Our first round was around $12,000.
Describe Edwin Robins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
Dr. Robins has a wonderful success rate and will basically ask if you want multiple embryos transferred “do you want twins?”
Spokane
Besides the fact that we just received a bill 15 months after the exam, we also remember getting someone else's bill sent to our address. They [Ctr for Repro Endo and Fertility] were so unorganized.... Skilled nurses kept leaving and only newbies remained.... About $1000 for exams like Antral Follicle Count and baseline US and blood work. $3000 upfront for PGD probes to be completed which was reimbursed by insurance.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
Again, I think Dr.Robins is a skilled RE when it comes to knowledge and hard skills but I assume his soft skills are horrible. Bad leadership and communication with his staff seemed apparent. Skilled nurses kept leaving and only newbies remained. ALSO, we just got a bill this week from an exam in 2016 (15 months ago)!! We're shocked. Billing was the worst of all. I do not trust their financial coordinator.
My experience with him as an individual was fine. He explained things in detail and was direct. However his staff was unresponsive, hard to reach, confused, disorganized and even dishonest. His operations made us feel like a number not him directly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: LeAnn 1st, Karen 2nd, Summer 3rd)
I could really share a lot here! Our nurses kept quitting! First we had LeAnn who was wonderful and nice but obviously too busy. I had to call email and call again for answers. She was helpful though. Then she quit and we were assigned to Karen, WHO WAS AMAZING! I loved her. She was caring, understanding and helpful but also too busy. All communications at Robins' office are disjointed and delayed. THEN out of nowhere she quit! I called her on day 1 of my cycle and she "was no longer working here." My stomach dropped and they transferred me to our 3rd new nurse, Summer, who quit a week later too!!! This is when we decided to switch docs!! If they pass me around like a "hot-potato" and can't communicate then how can I trust them with my embryos! I couldn't.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility?
Dr. Robins is fine as a doctor but I wouldn't recommend his office at all. Communication and overload is a clear problem. He did explain our risks, or challenges and treatment steps. I appreciated his detailed explanations. He would be more successful if he took less clients and comminicated better with nurses and staff.
Be prepared to call often and wait for answers. Our nurses kept quitting!
We planned ICSI with PGD
He HIGHLY suggested SET and explained risks associated with multiple embryo transfers. We were young so we agreed.
2011 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Morning monitoring [at CREF] was well organized and easy to get through...IUIs were around $500. Fresh transfer, including retrieval and meds, was around $15,000. Frozen transfer was around $5,000. Yearly cryo cost was around $500...LeAnn was compassionate and caring throughout our care to the point that when she was out the day of our pregnancy test due to the holiday she requested she be the one to call us with the news as she didn't want anyone else telling us regardless of the outcome.
2011 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Robins knew us personally and our nurse became like a member of our family. We cried both times we were discharged from the clinic pregnant because they had provided us with such great care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: LeAnn)
LeAnn was compassionate and caring throughout our care to the point that when she was out the day of our pregnancy test due to the holiday she requested she be the one to call us with the news as she didn't want anyone else telling us regardless of the outcome. She is an important person in our daughter's life and came to visit us after the still birth of our second daughter to check on us. We continue to stay in touch with her and are so grateful for her.
Dr. Robins is the best at what he does. He is matter of fact but well versed in fertility treatment. He cares about his patients and provided us with excellent care throughout. When we had some bleeding after discharge, he didn't hesitate in bringing us back to the clinic to check if everything was okay as we hadn't yet been seen by my OB. His care and reassurance was a gift in that scare.
Know that he is a matter of fact doctor, but provides excellent care and follows your case throughout the process. He stays up on current advances in treatment to give his patients the best chance at success.
We waited on our embryos until day six for transfer and freezing to give them a bit more time. These embryos resulted in two healthy pregnancies, though one ended in a still birth at full term due to a cord accident. we have one embryo left and we hope to return to the clinic for one last transfer as we would trust no one else with our care.
Morning monitoring was well organized and easy to get through.
IUI, 1 IVF
Unfortunately the clinic [Center for Reproductive Endocrinology & Fertility] is three hours from where I live so that makes things a bit tricky. However, with Dr. Robins being one of the only fertility docs near my area I just made it work. They specifically help you through the process being long distance (I remember going through a powerpoint report of the process with Karen,) and she was available to answer my questions during that presentation. They also work closely with our local hospital to get the correct lab results they need. They have the process down pat accommodating for the distance.
IUI, 1 IVF
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
Unfortunately the clinic is three hours from where I live so that makes things a bit tricky. However, with Dr. Robins being one of the only fertility docs near my area I just made it work. They specifically help you through the process being long distance (I remember going through a powerpoint report of the process with Karen,) and she was available to answer my questions during that presentation. They also work closely with our local hospital to get the correct lab results they need. They have the process down pat accommodating for the distance.
You have to be realistic in knowing that Dr. Robins' goal is to get as many women pregnant as possible so it's kind of a well oiled machine. With that said, I think they definitely have adequate staff to make sure you are greeted with a smile, and your questions are answered in a timely fashion. When you go to morning clinic it is not the time to ask questions, so there is kind of a "herd" environment, but they absolutely prep you for this. As I said, they also give you a dedicated nurse who dialogues with you throughout the whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina and Karen)
The whole staff is great. They are very responsive to my questions, whether about money, drugs, or just the process. As was their on call nurse, who I used several times while administering the drugs to myself. I am the kind of person who really likes to know exactly what is happening and they were very patient with all of my questions. I'm not sure how many patients each nurse is assigned, but I never felt like I was being rushed off the phone, or that my questions were bothersome. It is a great nursing staff, for sure.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility?
During our first meeting, Dr. Robins spoke for a long time to my husband and I about the process and the odds of a pregnancy happening. This was by far the most time I ever spent with him and in hindsight I am impressed at how long we were able to talk to him. He was always very calm and kind, but you could kind of tell he could do his job with his eyes closed, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion! His bedside manner isn't terrific (he isn't much of a hand holder,) but he gives you straight answers and I think is realistic about your chances. We had decided to do the chromosome test to increase our odds of the transfer working and he bluntly told us, "unless you want twins, I would only transfer one embryo." That was good to hear that he had a lot of confidence in our transfer working, and that he wasn't trying to crank out as many babies as possible! Truthfully, he seems like he knows what the heck he's doing, so I didn't care what his bedside manner was like....I just wanted to get pregnant. The fact that he has a great staff also makes his bedside manner less important to me. I would definitely recommend people go to Dr. Robins. I personally know about 5 couples who have had success with him as their doc! (I live in Montana where we don't have a lot of other options, but luckily, he seems to make it happen!)
As someone else said, if you want hand holding and a very gentle bedside manner he probably isn't the doc for you. But if you can handle the facts of your situation and want to get pregnant then he's great.
I originally started with two rounds of IUI (no hormones for me,) which were unsuccessful. Robins said our problem was simply the fertilization of the egg since I seemed fine and my husband had enough healthy sperm. The ICSI process eliminated that problem and we ended up with 6 embryos. We chose to do the chromosome test which delayed the transfer about two months and resulted in us using a frozen embryo for the transfer. The chromosome test showed 5/6 embryos were normal, and all were girls except one! Very fun to be able to know the gender, in my opinion. Because we knew the quality of the embryos Robins recommended one embryo for transfer to avoid having twins. It was a success and our baby was born in 2015. I still have four embryos stored with the clinic and will be going back for round two in early 2017. I have absolutely no concerns about going through the process again with his clinic.
Monitoring was a well oiled machine. They tried to help with the long distance by having you do labs and some monitoring at your local hospital which was very helpful.
Amazingly my company insurance paid for one round of IVF in our benefits. We did pay for the chromosome test, which was about $3k. I don't remember what total costs were but for baby #2 they have already given me an estimate on the embryo transfer costs and I'm anticipating between $4-5,000.
2013
One of the best things about this clinic [Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility] I feel is how hands-on Dr. Robins is with each client. He did everything ultrasound and ran most of our tests... he has an incredible nursing staff and office staff. The one thing that bugged me about the whole process was that after we had paid tens of thousands of dollars, I had to pay to follow up appointments with him just to talk about how things went. I feel like after spending that much money and going through so much Heartache it would’ve been nice for him to just visit with us For us to not feel it was about the money.But I also understand that his time is valuable
2013
European, Latino, Other
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
One of the best things about this clinic I feel is how hands-on Dr. Robins is with each client. He did everything ultrasound and ran most of our tests and self. We met with him and his office before and after each cycle. I believe he is an incredible doctor I also know that he has an incredible nursing staff and office staff. The one thing that bugged me about the whole process was that after we had paid tens of thousands of dollars, I had to pay to follow up appointments with him just to talk about how things went. I feel like after spending that much money and going through so much Heartache it would’ve been nice for him to just visit with us For us to not feel it was about the money.But I also understand that his time is valuable
I wouldn’t consider Dr. Robins a warm and fuzzy personality. However, my husband and I could both tell he tried to make an effort, to the best of his ability, to make us feel comfortable and help us understand exactly what was going on. He didn’t sugarcoat anything, but he also had no intention of trying to be blunt or offensive. I was told his bedside manner was on the colder side before I ever went into see him. But my husband and I couldn’t have been happier with how he, his nurses, and his office staff treated us. I would rather have a doctor that is concerned about being his best and giving us his best and just trying to be our friends. And even though things didn’t result with the baby for us, I still can’t Speak more highly of our experience That’s Dr. Robin’s patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leanne)
There aren’t enough kind words that I could speak of to describe our nurse Leann. She was warm and compassionate, she was thorough and her explanation and always took her time when talking to us to make sure all of our questions were answered. Just the tone of her voice spoke prace To us throughout this process. She was absolutely in a corner and cheering us on. She made every phone call and greeted us so warmly every time we interacted with her. We could not have been more blessed to have her as our nurse throughout the process, especially when she had to deliver sad news to us.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility?
Dr. Robins is straightforward into the point. He is very thorough in explaining processes and procedures. I wouldn’t say he’s a bubbly personality. But he always treated us with kindness and respect and I could tell he made the effort to make us feel comfortable to the best of his ability. I never felt as though his bedside manner was cold towards me or that he treated me like a number. My husband and I feel blessed to have worked with him, even though in the end pregnancy was not achieved.
Good vice I received from my OB/GYN in regards to Dr. Robins is to not expect warm fuzzies from him. Is nursing staff is incredible and they will make you feel warm and fuzzy. His job is to do everything he can to help you achieve pregnancy and become parents. And he is one of the best. It’s more important to have a doctor that is the best at what he does. Leave the emotion to the nurses.
These appointments were done first come first serve. I don’t feel like it was a Cattlecall. And I know that if I needed to get in earlier I just needed to get there earlier. They were early morning so I could go before work. It was easy and convenient. The appointment some selves weren’t that long, but Dr. Robins did every ultrasound so he could see exactly what was going on and be involved in the process. They did express that it wasn’t a time to chat and ask lots of questions, But to let him do the ultrasound and then we would receive a phone call to talk about how things went and what the results were and what to change meds and dosages to if needed.
With each of our transfers we did two embryos. Dr. Robins made it clear that he was not a fan of doing more than two embryos. Because our experience did not end with the baby, I sometimes wonder if we should have done single transfers each time. That was an option that Dr. Robins was in favor of. However , he was supportive Us doing a two embryo transfer.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
This clinic [Ctr for Repro Endo and Fertility- Spokane] has a tight schedule, but they do get you in and out for your labs and ultrasounds. Billing is handled very well and had very few issues....When I first came to the center, I had an amazing nurse. She recently left and they lost a couple good nurses in a short amount of time....there has been a significant drop off in their care and compassion....All lab and ultrasound appointments you feel a bit like a number and do to recent nurse turnover, the personal connection is not there.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
This clinic has a tight schedule, but they do get you in and out for your labs and ultrasounds. Billing is handled very well and had very few issues. I have complete trust in Dr Robins and his ability to help me grow my family.
When meeting with Dr Robins one on one, he takes the time to discuss your situation in detail and answer questions. All lab and ultrasound appointments you feel a bit like a number and do to recent nurse turnover, the personal connection is not there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shelly )
When I first came to the center, I had an amazing nurse. She recently left and they lost a couple good nurses in a short amount of time. This was felt at the patient level and there has been a significant drop off in their care and compassion.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility?
Dr Robins is very knowledgeable and does his research on the newest trends in fertility and brings that to his patients. He is a tad socially awkward, but his nursing staff makes up for that. I trust that I’m in good hands and everything that should be watched is being handled correctly.
Know he isn’t a warm and fuzzy doctor. However, he is knowledgeable and you are hiring him for one thing, to have a baby.
I was able to get assistance through my health insurance. However, we had a few medications that were prescribed and not covered. This cost roughly $2,000 out of pocket. We also paid for all genetic screening and chromosome testing which totaled $3,500
Dr Robins has a high success rate for transfers and therefor recommends a single embryo transfer. This can be overroad by writing a letter stating you understand the high risks of a 2 embryo transfer.
2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Other
It took two months to get the initial consultation [at Center for Reproductive Endocrinology & Fertility], BUT once we got in things moved quite quickly. Also, after my miscarriage I was given quick appointments which helped me quickly become pregnant again which I was able to carry to term. [The nurses were] very personable, prompt, knowledgeable.
2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Other
Whenever I met with Dr. Robins he was very attentive to my fertility needs. He took the time to answer my questions and fully explain treatment options. While during morning clinic it was s bit more like a number, I understand getting 30 women through blood work and ultrasounds in 2 hours won't be as personal. After my miscarriage, Dr.Robins could not have been more sympathetic and caring. I trusted his opinion 100%.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Rose)
Very personable, prompt, knowledgeable.
To me, Dr. Robins' greatest attribute was that he was blunt. I don't want my fertility and what is happening sugar coated. He gave me the information I needed to prepare for all situations and make informed decisions. This also gave be hope for being able to have a child while helping me understand the risks. The greatest weakness was probably scheduling. It took two months to get the initial consultation, BUT once we got in things moved quite quickly. Also, after my miscarriage I was given quick appointments which helped me quickly become pregnant again which I was able to carry to term.
If you want a competent doctor who is going to lead you through your fertility journey while giving you all the information you need to make informed decisions, Dr. Robins is the doctor for you. If you want someone who is going to sugarcoat things, go elsewhere.
4 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
My nurse [at Center for Reproductive Health] always answered my emails very quickly and if I ever needed to call or contact her she was almost always available...There are a lot of women who come in for morning clinic at the same time. I knew this and they had prepared me for this.
4 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
I felt that I was never treated like a number but was treated with concern and respect. They listened to everything I had to say and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Destiny)
She always answered my emails very quickly and if I ever needed to call or contact her she was almost always available. She also seemed genuinely excited and happy with our good news or how well our process was going.
I felt he was very professional and had my best interest in mind when caring for me. He may not be very chatty but he answered all my questions when asked and was very approachable.
There are a lot of women that are in the same cycle as you but don't feel like just a number in a crowd. He kind of does crank out the patients but we're all in this together.
There are a lot of women who come in for morning clinic at the same time. I knew this and they had prepared me for this. I didn't feel like we were being "herded like cattle" as some women said but knew that this is just how clinics work and was happy that this many women were able to be helped.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
...very friendly [at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility - Spokane]... makes you feel like you matter...they were great! like friends I wanted to call up and talk to...$$$$$$ but that's what to be expected going to a fertility clinic...
Other, Prefer not to answer
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility.
very friendly. makes you feel like you matter
he researched and read our file, knew what it felt like to be on our side of things, as he and his wife experienced it, which he shared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Summer)
they were great! like friends I wanted to call up and talk to
I think he is great. the first appointment he gave me hope, the second appointment he drew diagrams to explain things to us. and put it in terms we could understand
that there isn't any reason why I shouldn't believe that I could be pregnant.
$$$$$$ but that's what to be expected going to a fertility clinic
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Be prepared for an emotional journey. Dr. Robins and his staff [at the Center for Reproductive Endocrinology & Fertility] do their best to help you through it. They require a visit with a psychologist prior to transfer. I wish that I had been to see one sooner in my process. She was incredible. The team always welcome us by name. They checked in frequently by phone since I live about 2 hours away.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The team always welcome us by name. They checked in frequently by phone since I live about 2 hours away. They sent congratulations cards at important milestones during my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Friendliness, team work, accuracy of information
Dr Robins took time to make sure that my husband and I understood the diagnosis. He was also very informative about our pregnancy chances with different infertility treatments.
Be prepared for an emotional journey. Dr. Robins and his staff do their best to help you through it. They require a visit with a psychologist prior to transfer. I wish that I had been to see one sooner in my process. She was incredible.