Chaska
651-379-3110

Strongly recommend
Don't recommend
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Lebovic was very responsive and his responses showed that he truly cared and knew what we had been through...he would respond to emails in an hour or two. We trusted him completely with our treatment plan. He also was extremely cautious with our egg retrieval, due to the risk of OHSS. We were going to do a fresh transfer, but postponed due to the number of eggs that retrieved...was very factual and straight to the point- we really needed this.
The cost of IVF [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] (required prior to the procedure) was $12,730 and this included ICSI. This did not include our frozen transfer- we needed to pay approximately $2000 extra for this...had IVF seminars every month. This was extremely valuable and I am so glad that we went. I really enjoyed all of the techs as well, and thought they were very pleasant. Even when I went to the blood draws, I enjoyed talking to the techs.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
When we first saw Dr. Lebovic, he told us that our best shot was to do IVF. He was very honest, and at the time I don't believe we were ready to accept that. We let that news sink in, tried some various other courses of treatment, but ultimately we did proceed with IVF this year. Well, he was right and I wish we would have just done IVF right away. Dr. Lebovic was very attentive to our needs- he would respond to emails in an hour or two. We trusted him completely with our treatment plan. He also was extremely cautious with our egg retrieval, due to the risk of OHSS. We were going to do a fresh transfer, but postponed due to the number of eggs that retrieved. Although we were sad at the time, I am so glad that we did this. This was a very emotional process for us, and Dr. Lebovic was very factual and straight to the point- we really needed this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be prepared to be open minded. We had an idea of what our treatment plan probably would be, and we were totally wrong.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We had severe male infertility, and therefore Dr. Lebovic recommended IVF right away. For our hormones leading up to the treatment, we used Menopur and Follistim, and then added Ganirelix a week after starting the injections. Due to my PCOS, we decreased the Follistim right away. In preparation for OHSS, Dr. Lebovic prescribed Cabergoline before and after the transfer, and I also added Letrozole after the transfer as well. This helped to prevent severe OHSS. We opted for a frozen transfer rather than fresh, and leading up to that we started Progesterone in oil and estradiol. After the transfer, I have continued with PIO injections daily, and estradiol three times/day.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For strengths, I always received a call back within the day when I left a message for the nursing staff. Even when I had a concern about one of my shots on the weekend, they called me right away to talk me through my concern. I felt like when I received a call back, they were knowledgeable about my treatment plan. For opportunities, I suppose it would have been nice to have a lead nurse assigned to me so I could get used to them and develop a comfort level.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I liked how our clinic had IVF seminars every month. This was extremely valuable and I am so glad that we went. I really enjoyed all of the techs as well, and thought they were very pleasant. Even when I went to the blood draws, I enjoyed talking to the techs. For weaknesses, I felt like the front desk staff at times was not the most friendly. I think when we first went there in 2018, I felt like I was a number. But, through IVF this year I realize that they need to do this to stay organized where everyone is at with their cycle. Filling out a paper first thing when you get there to confirm why you are being seen, calling and leaving messages on the nurse line, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The cost of IVF (required prior to the procedure) was $12,730 and this included ICSI. This did not include our frozen transfer- we needed to pay approximately $2000 extra for this. I do believe there were some additional costs for medications (about $1500).
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He strongly recommended 1 embryo transfer, and provided a great deal of educational material to support this.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Our interactions with Dr. Lebovic were very limited. He provided us with a good amount of information upfront, but after that I felt very in the dark as to my treatment plan...He seemed rushed and too busy...He clearly knows the medical science well and has his basic protocols for different diagnoses well practiced. Weaknesses: Bedside manner is awkward at best, cold at worst. I had a miscarriage in my second cycle and am still shocked how cold he was—it felt like suddenly I was outside his purview and there was nothing he could do or say.
CRM is a machine and the nursing staff are hit or miss as a result. I can recall one or two good ones, a few bad ones, and many more just ok. My biggest complaint is that the communication between doctors, nurses, and admin staff was extremely spotty, which led to having to explain things over and over that should have been in my chart. The most egregious example was when I suspected I was having a miscarriage the day of my 6 week appointment to check for a heartbeat. I called the clinic to tell them this, yet it was never conveyed to any of the staff who dealt with me that day, so I had to explain to three different people what was happening.
Strengths: He clearly knows the medical science well and has his basic protocols for different diagnoses well practiced. Weaknesses: Bedside manner is awkward at best, cold at worst. I had a miscarriage in my second cycle and am still shocked how cold he was—it felt like suddenly I was outside his purview and there was nothing he could do or say. I felt that he was not as interested in me because my diagnosis was unexplained and therefore not a problem that could be solved. He seemed rushed and too busy.
Give him a shot In the initial consultation and if he’s not for you, switch doctors. Or, lower your expectations with regard to bedside manner and compassion.
3 medicated (letrozole and trigger shot) and monitored IUIs.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths: they are big, well resourced, and seem to be successful. Space is nice and welcoming. They are really the gold standard in town. Weaknesses: admin and scheduling staff were frequently rude and seemed to be bothered by doing their jobs. Since it is big, it can feel like you are a widget in a machine.
About $8000 all said and done
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?

Treated 2019 - 2020
We really trust Dr.Hopeman. She has been upfront, candid, and honest. She provides hope while not sugar coating things. She does a great job of providing facts and statistics. ... Male factor: one natural IUI, 2 IUIs with clomid, one IUI with femara, one IUI with injectables. One IVF retrieval, resulted in 2 embryos. ... There are always more options and things to try, which I greatly appreciate. We are always talking about the future plan if the current plan doesn't work. I really appreciate that aspect, as I wanted to make sure that there was still a future to be excited for
It [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is in a downtown area, so traffic getting to and from the clinic can be a challenge for early morning appointments. There is a lot of consistency with the front desk staff, lab drawers, and ultrasound techs, and I enjoyed getting to know them and them getting to know me. ... There was one time where i needed a refill of a medication and it was not called into the pharmacy on time. I was able to get an emergency refill. However in the years i've been going there, this has only happened once.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
We really trust Dr.Hopeman. She has been upfront, candid, and honest. She provides hope while not sugar coating things. She does a great job of providing facts and statistics. There are always more options and things to try, which I greatly appreciate. We are always talking about the future plan if the current plan doesn't work. I really appreciate that aspect, as I wanted to make sure that there was still a future to be excited for even if the current cycle didn't work. After failed cycles, she has come back with thoughtful insights on what happened and what our options were going forward.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Take the time to understand the full extent of her knowledge! I recommend taking notes to keep everything organized.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
She always remembered my current situation, and would ask me about details in my personal life. She was always thoughtful and took lots of time to explain things to me and my husband.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
They are all nice and willing to take any questions I had back to my doctor.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It is in a downtown area, so traffic getting to and from the clinic can be a challenge for early morning appointments. There is a lot of consistency with the front desk staff, lab drawers, and ultrasound techs, and I enjoyed getting to know them and them getting to know me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Unsure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Damario did a wonderful job of making us feel like a human, took the time to review all of our records and go over them in depth. Explained everything in great detail and made us feel like we were important to him... was very professional and described our situation in depth, he explained everything that we were facing and what our best options were, when we decided ivf with donor eggs were not an option for us he didnt hesitate to change the course of treatment and gave us all the details on why or why not an iui would or wouldnt work. He was very sympathetic of our situation and made sure our fears and concerns were answered and put at ease before we left
Our initial consultation [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was about $400. That included a baseline ultrasound and some blood work up. The iui will be about $1200 for injectable medications and 2000 for services...is a wonder clinic with very caring nurses and an amazing doctor. They take the time to get to know you, what you want and what you dont want. They listen to all your concerns and are more then willing to work with you. They treat you like a human not a number and always want the best for their patients. I would highly recommend them!
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Damario was very professional and described our situation in depth, he explained everything that we were facing and what our best options were, when we decided ivf with donor eggs were not an option for us he didnt hesitate to change the course of treatment and gave us all the details on why or why not an iui would or wouldnt work. He was very sympathetic of our situation and made sure our fears and concerns were answered and put at ease before we left
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
To go in with an open mind and be honest about what you want and dont want. Don't be afraid to speak up for what you want. Dr. Damario is more then willing to work with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We were set up to begin an IUI treatment before the Corona virus canceled all new treatments, our plans was to use Follistim 150iu of 8 days and the an ovidral hcg shot and the iui the next day. However we have been put on hold until it is safe to begin treatment again!
I have no had alot of one on ones with the nursing staff as we havent started our treatment yet, however, the couple nurses I have seen an spoke to are so kind and patient and answer any and all questions I did have!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Center for Reproductive medicine is a wonder clinic with very caring nurses and an amazing doctor. They take the time to get to know you, what you want and what you dont want. They listen to all your concerns and are more then willing to work with you. They treat you like a human not a number and always want the best for their patients. I would highly recommend them!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Our initial consultation was about $400. That included a baseline ultrasound and some blood work up. The iui will be about $1200 for injectable medications and 2000 for services
Mark Damario
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Dan Lebovic] was willing to meet with me on my proactive fertility journey. I hadn't been diagnosed with infertility, but because of my age I went straight to IVF. I appreciate that Dan was open to me taking this path and he was great at talking through everything with my husband and me, even though it took us many months to take the next step in the journey...He's probably the most responsive doctor I've ever worked with and gave us a good plan to follow...We followed a fairly typical protocol for my age. I had done egg freezing previously, which had worked well, so a similar treatment strategy was used.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is well run and is fairly similar to other large clinics that I've been to on the west coast. The only thing I wish they did differently is I wish their PGS testing center classified PGS-tested embryos as mosaic. Right now, they only classify them as normal or abnormal, and CRM won't transfer abnormally classified embryos. Most clinics follow the same approach for abnormals, but I wish they would go with a testing center that could tell if the abnormals were really mosaics.
I had a great experience with Dan. He's probably the most responsive doctor I've ever worked with and gave us a good plan to follow. I hope to work with him again if we use IVF for our second child. I have to keep typing because FertilityIQ requires my response to be at least 200 characters. :/
Be proactive in your fertility journey. Research the options you have and ask for tests if you think you might need them. This advice relates to the fertility journey in general.
Dan was willing to meet with me on my proactive fertility journey. I hadn't been diagnosed with infertility, but because of my age I went straight to IVF. I appreciate that Dan was open to me taking this path and he was great at talking through everything with my husband and me, even though it took us many months to take the next step in the journey.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is well run and is fairly similar to other large clinics that I've been to on the west coast. The only thing I wish they did differently is I wish their PGS testing center classified PGS-tested embryos as mosaic. Right now, they only classify them as normal or abnormal, and CRM won't transfer abnormally classified embryos. Most clinics follow the same approach for abnormals, but I wish they would go with a testing center that could tell if the abnormals were really mosaics.
Dan recommended a single embryo transfer and after seeing the data, I agreed that it was the best option.

Treated 2018 - 2019
I enjoyed my initial consult meeting with her [Dr. Colleen Casey]. She was straight to the point and not phased that we were a same sex couple. But I never saw her again. I was shuffled around between nurses and techs. If I called with a question or the nurses were on a fence if we should go forward on a cycle, the nurses would reach out to her and then get back to me...She’s very knowledgeable and thoroughly explained how we would proceed with IUI. I just wish she was more hands on with patients who aren’t doing IVF.
I was shuffled around between nurses and techs [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...The clinic is very IVF focused, and I would trust them if we needed to go that route. Just be prepared to be treated like a second class citizen if you’re doing other treatments...The first time I went in for the vaginal ultrasound, the tech did the inspection and the nurse came it to give me the prescription for Ovidrel and letrozole. I asked her what they saw on the ultrasound and she seemed annoyed that she had to stop and explain something. The other nurses were great and optimistic. I just wish they explained more. For example never told me how many follicles or what size unless I asked.
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I was impressed with my one actual interaction with her. She’s very knowledgeable and thoroughly explained how we would proceed with IUI. I just wish she was more hands on with patients who aren’t doing IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be prepared to never see her beyond your consult
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I enjoyed my initial consult meeting with her. She was straight to the point and not phased that we were a same sex couple. But I never saw her again. I was shuffled around between nurses and techs. If I called with a question or the nurses were on a fence if we should go forward on a cycle, the nurses would reach out to her and then get back to me. The clinic is very IVF focused, and I would trust them if we needed to go that route. Just be prepared to be treated like a second class citizen if you’re doing other treatments.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I chose the medicated IUI route because of the higher odds. I appreciated being able to choose. We used letrozole CD 3-5 and Ovidrel when instructed after the second ultrasound.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The front office staff has no personality and is short with everyone in line. I appreciate the the signs in the lobby asking that patients don’t bring children. Everything is clean and professional. I appreciate the free garage parking. The andrology lab down the hall is incredibly organized, professional, and has a lovely staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I thankfully have some limited fertility coverage, so I only had to pay up to my deductible and all the costs associated with sperm. I think each cycle of actual treatment (minus sperm) was billed around $1200.
There were a couple times where a nurse would make a call about when to trigger and then after they consulted with Dr Casey would call frantically to order something different. If this cycle hadn’t worked, we were planning on switching to a different clinic.
Minneapolis

We are still early in our treatment. One cancelled IUI and starting our second cycle with her [Meg Hopeman]. She’s been wonderful. She was very thorough in our consult and answered all of our questions. She didn’t push us towards any treatment. Gave us all the information and let us know she thought IUI was the best route but was never pushy...During our consult she had a very warm personality. She thoroughly explained everything and answered all of our questions. When I over responded to clomid she personally called me to talk about how we couldn’t move forward with the IUI. She told me she knew this wasn’t the news I wanted to hear and seemed very empathetic.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] for is always very knowledgeable and professional. They clearly communicate the plan and also let me know when I need to wait for word from my doctor to move forward with treatment...They have weekend hours which is great. I did have to go on Labor Day and it was super clear some of the staff didn’t want to be there, but that has been my only negative interactions with the staff there.
We are still early in our treatment. One cancelled IUI and starting our second cycle with her. She’s been wonderful. She was very thorough in our consult and answered all of our questions. She didn’t push us towards any treatment. Gave us all the information and let us know she thought IUI was the best route but was never pushy.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
I came to her clinic with one failed IUI through my OBGYN. We do a baseline ultrasound, clomid, a follow up ultrasound to determine my response to the meds, then schedule the IUI and blood test. I only had one follicle with 50 mg of clomid so she bumped my dosage to 100mg. She adjusted me from day 5-9 to day 3-7. When I over responded to 100 mg of clomid she reduced my dosage back down to 50 mg. That IUI was cancelled due to 6 mature follicles. This cycle I was also offered femera if I felt the side effects of clomid were too difficult. They let me decide to stay on clomid since I don’t find the side effects to be too terrible and we know I respond to them. Just waiting on my follow up ultrasound and instructions on when to give myself the ovidrel injection.
The nursing staff is always very knowledgeable and professional. They clearly communicate the plan and also let me know when I need to wait for word from my doctor to move forward with treatment.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I don’t have the specifics in front of me, but the costs were broken down very clearly. My insurance offers $5000 in fertility benefits (NOT for IVF) and I will be able to do at least 3 IUIs with that.
Minneapolis

Dr. Casey is warm and friendly. She hasn’t sugar coated any part of our process here at CRM. She made sure we left feeling like we had all of our questions answered. She has a calm presence to her that makes the whole process so much better. I knew if we needed any questions answered she would be able to answer them or find us the answers we needed.
We have had nothing but enjoyable experiences so far with all of our appointments [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. The women at the front desk are always friendly. Everyone we have worked with up to this point has exceeded our expectations. I don’t just feel like another patient, I feel like I actually matter. And when you are to this point in level of treatment that is very important.
Go into the appointment knowing that you’ll be able to ask anything, not feel judged and you’ll leave knowing you are in great hands. I was very nervous before our first appointment- but after I left knowing we made the right decision.
Dr. Casey was so friendly when we first met her! She was so understanding of why we’re finally here and explained all of our options to us. She made sure we were welcomed from the very beginning. I was actually scheduled at another clinic- did not get a good vibe and switched to CRM and could not be happier with our choice!
I am currently at the start of my treatment plan. We are doing IVF.
Every nurse we have been in contact with has been nothing short of incredible. They are welcoming, gentle with their words, and make sure we have all of our questions answered. They are always friendly- no matter if it is a simple blood draw or a bigger procedure like an ultrasound. They all make me feel so comfortable here.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We have had nothing but enjoyable experiences so far with all of our appointments. The women at the front desk are always friendly. Everyone we have worked with up to this point has exceeded our expectations. I don’t just feel like another patient, I feel like I actually matter. And when you are to this point in level of treatment that is very important.
Our treatment is cost around $11,000
Describe Colleen Casey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We have not gotten to this point of our treatment plan.
Minneapolis
I never got to talk to my doctor...I had no idea what my treatment should look like or why- I just kept calling and going in for baselines month after month with no results and no feedback....Meg [Dr. Hopeman] was compassionate on the first meeting and very hopeful. Then, I only saw her twice in 6 moths of treatment. Didn't see her again till I cried and said I was going to another clinic. Thr treatment plan wasn't explained further and I just kept going back in for more IUIs
Very disorganized. I sat in the office [Ctr for Reprod Med of Mininnesota] on more than one occasion waiting to be called back after checking in, and turned out that my file had just been sitting on the desk, never taken back to the nurses. Almost never got called back when leaving messages for the nurseline, and they didn't stagger staff so there was never anyone working over the lunch hour....Costs for treatment were very reasonable compared to other clinics.
Meg was compassionate on the first meeting and very hopeful. Then, I only saw her twice in 6 moths of treatment. Didn't see her again till I cried and said I was going to another clinic. Thr treatment plan wasn't explained further and I just kept going back in for more IUIs even though there was no regroup to see why nothing was happening.
You need to ask specially to have her call you, or you will never hear from her again and will have a new nurse every time you enter the clinic.
No rational for any treatment. I used letrozole 3 times/day for multiple IUIs, then changed to Gonal f 300 for the last two.
You had a different nurse every time you came into the clinic. I honestly maybe saw one nurse more than one time. Felt very businesslike and impersonal. The nurses themselves were all nice, but none seemed to have any answers to any of my questions and I always left confused.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Very disorganized. I sat in the office on more than one occasion waiting to be called back after checking in, and turned out that my file had just been sitting on the desk, never taken back to the nurses. Almost never got called back when leaving messages for the nurseline, and they didn't stagger staff so there was never anyone working over the lunch hour.
Costs for treatment were very reasonable compared to other clinics. You get what you pay for though.
This place was a mess. My new clinic never got the records we asked for, so had to get all new labs done. Nurses constantly gave conflicting info and next to never spoke with the doctor. Appointments were usually running late, but that was to be expected.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Hopeman did a great job explaining what to expect with every appointment we had with her. She went into great detail explaining each part of the process and trying to make whatever we chose work for our plan and our schedule. She constantly reviewed our chart, and made changes as she saw fit. I was always updated with the plan in a timely manner.... We began using Clomid with IUI. Our ultrasounds had to be adjusted based off ovulating before triggering.
The clinic [Center for Repro Med of MN] is located in a busier part of town, which isn't always convenient at rush hour times. Overall, the clinic is very nice and is clean. Occasionally the front desk staff isn't always the most kind to overly emotional patients.... Overall, the nursing staff at the clinic did a great job. I saw difference nurses at each appointment, but they were always willing to answer all questions I had.
Dr. Hopeman did a great job explaining what to expect with every appointment we had with her. She went into great detail explaining each part of the process and trying to make whatever we chose work for our plan and our schedule. She constantly reviewed our chart, and made changes as she saw fit. I was always updated with the plan in a timely manner. Scheduling appointments was easy, and convenient.
Go in with as many questions as possible. She will answer all of them!
During my visits, Dr. Hopeman remembered who I was, and what we had talked about. She did a great job making us feel like we mattered, and offering all of her best thoughts and opinions for our care. She made us feel reassured that it was definitely possible for us to have children.
We began using Clomid with IUI. Our ultrasounds had to be adjusted based off ovulating before triggering. After 3 cycles with Clomid, we sat down with her to discuss moving on to IVF or trying IUI with injectables. Both options were presented very clearly, and also presented us with multiple reasons why we could try either option. After laying out all of the reasons for each, we tried doing IUI with injectables. She was very willing to do however many cycles we chose to do, and move on to IVF whenever we felt comfortable. She often adjusted meds based off of response for desired effect with great stim results.
Overall, the nursing staff at the clinic did a great job. I saw difference nurses at each appointment, but they were always willing to answer all questions I had. If they were not able to answer, they always asked Dr. Hopeman in a timely manner, and called with the answer that day. They were very compassionate and empathetic towards me at all appointments.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is located in a busier part of town, which isn't always convenient at rush hour times. Overall, the clinic is very nice and is clean. Occasionally the front desk staff isn't always the most kind to overly emotional patients.
I had some insurance coverage, so I am unsure of all associated costs. Doing some research before hand, costs seem pretty inline with other clinics in the area.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For our IVF cycle, she has a strong preference of transferring only 1 embryo because of the risks involved with multiples, and being young.
Treated 2018 - 2019
She is caring and thorough. After calling and leaving questions with the office, Dr. Hopeman has personally called me back twice to address my concerns. She seems to legitimately care. She wants to ensure that I understand fully what is going on with my treatment. ... She was present at a radiology procedure at different location from the regular clinic at which I had not expected her to be there. I do not feel rushed at our appointments.
My one real critique would be with a couple of issues I've had with billing [Ctr for Repro Med of MN]. It has all been worked out eventually, but confusion has been caused by bills being sent for services already paid for. We paid in clinic yet received a bill in the mail several days later. ... One of the ladies cheered me up one day when she complimented my purse and we had a chat about it.
She is caring and thorough. After calling and leaving questions with the office, Dr. Hopeman has personally called me back twice to address my concerns. She seems to legitimately care. She wants to ensure that I understand fully what is going on with my treatment. I like that she draws out illustrations to help me get it. I keep a binder with all the info we have talked about; looking back after several appts I noticed the drawings again and it made me chuckle, both because I was amused and also that it reminded me of our conversations. She is endearing.
Come prepared, dont hesitate to ask or clarify anything, including costs and risks.
She's easy to talk to and listens very well. She is willing to explain and elaborate on any questions or concerns I have had. She was present at a radiology procedure at different location from the regular clinic at which I had not expected her to be there. I do not feel rushed at our appointments.
We started out with testing to find out what the cause of our infertility was. Her treatment recommendation was to start off with IUI. There was no issue with my husband's sperm or function, I had plenty of follicles, but they were not maturing or releasing. We started with 5 days of letrozole, followed by an injection of ovidrel to help release an egg. First two rounds we did timed intercourse, but the letrozole and ovidrel doses were increased for the second round. 3rd round we did IUI. 4th round was iui again, but added Follistim on cycle days 9-11, as well as progesterone capsules vaginally twice a day starting the day after the iui. We are currently in the 2 week wait to see about this recent round. Follicle growth has been monitored throughout by internal ultrasound (Husband calls it getting wanded, lol). Typically baseline ultrasound day 3-5 of cycle, then a growth ultrasound on day 12, then an additional ultrasound 2 or 3 days later prior to triggering. If negative pregnancy test again for the most recent round, we will likely switch from letrozole to clomid for 1 more round, then take a pause and consider how to move forward.
The nursing staff has been fantastic overall. The one miscommunication we have had was during the first round of timed intercourse, we were told to take a pregnancy test 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks after. Ended up getting my period before I took the pregnancy test. There are 3 main nurses I have dealt with on the roughly 15 visits I have had with the clinic. They are all great, but I do have my favorite, mostly because she is really enthusiastic and chats with me, which helps me feel enthusiastic and hopeful as well.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The coffee in the waiting room is not good. Parking in the ramp next to the clinic is easy and free. Clean, nice, and welcoming. Scheduling and other front end staff are accommodating and personable. One of the ladies cheered me up one day when she complimented my purse and we had a chat about it. My one real critique would be with a couple of issues I've had with billing. It has all been worked out eventually, but confusion has been caused by bills being sent for services already paid for. We paid in clinic yet received a bill in the mail several days later. Called and it was cleared up but still caused me anxiety. Another time I paid a bill online, but apparently picked the wrong clinic (sister clinic across town). Again caused anxiety and confusion. Had to call to correct. Was told it would take a couple of weeks to process but would be corrected. Was told it happens frequently when paying online.
Just dealing with iui, not ivf, including treatment, monitoring and meds, it has been over $2000 per cycle. This has been all out of pocket for us, since my insurance through my employer does not cover fertility treatment.
Due to our current treatment regimen, we have not yet had that conversation with Dr. Hopeman.
Treated 2016 - 2019
Given my age (over 40) Dr. Casey was willing to transfer two embryos, which is what I wanted. ... Dr. Casey is knowledgeable, direct, and takes the time to explain things in detail. She always went over our questions, even when we asked the same thing twice, or wanted things diagrammed or drawn out to understand them. She was also really pleasant when doing actual procedures with us. However, I would not say there was a true sense of warmth or investment in us as a couple, beyond just as patients.
The clinic is well organized, well staffed, and extremely efficient. It is a pleasant environment, but I would not describe it as a warm environment - similar to the staff. What I liked most about it (other than the fact that I had a successful treatment) is that they are open early, so I could get a lot of my appointments done before heading in to work, and that they are super responsive on the phone, which is very useful.
Dr. Casey is knowledgeable, direct, and takes the time to explain things in detail. She always went over our questions, even when we asked the same thing twice, or wanted things diagrammed or drawn out to understand them. She was also really pleasant when doing actual procedures with us. However, I would not say there was a true sense of warmth or investment in us as a couple, beyond just as patients. That is find I think, but it did not necessarily match my expectations before coming to this clinic. However, going back for a second treatment now, after a successful IVF pregnancy, I just know what to expect and it does not bother me. I appreciate even more Dr. Casey's matter of fact manner and her ability to help us cut through our own wishy-washiness. For instance, we were hemming and hawing about doing another IVF treatment right away, and asked whether we should maybe try naturally or try another IUI. She did not tell us what to do obviously, but quoted us some statistics that clarified where our chances stand. So I found that useful - no coddling, but rather straight information.
Come with questions, make sure you call if you think of anything else (because either she or her nurses will call back, which is always nice and useful); and finally, do not expect a super warm and engaged doctor - just a straightforward, knowledgeable, professional one.
I usually try not to pick the middle of a scale on a question, but this really was in the middle - not quite like a number, not quite like a human either. The clinic has no warm atmosphere, but it's not super clinical either. It's just "this is all business, and our business is these treatments", but it's not "our business is trying to grow families", if you see the distinction. In any case, they know their treatments, and it worked, so heck, I am happy!!
The nursing staff was always super well prepared and organized for whatever needed to happen - and there were so many appointments and pieces of the treatment, that I was always grateful for that (as I often had a hard time keeping track of things). However, much like Dr. Casey and the clinic overall, there was little warmth that showed through in our interactions. This was strange to me in the beginning, as it did not match my expectations. Going back for a second IVF treatment now, I know what to expect and it does not bother me much. I also realized something else: that if I ask more personal questions, nursing staff will often respond in kind - in fact, at my last appointment, I found out that one of the nurses I was always weary of because she always seemed to me to be annoyed, in fact has twins born as a result of IVF at this clinic, and she talked freely and warmly about it to me when I asked. So that just shows me that the staff follows a very business-like, rather cool, protocol with patients for reasons they must think are very good, and I will leave it at that.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Our experiences with Dr. Lebovic were limited to the consultation and few appointments. He was pleasant during the interactions we had, though not overly personable. We appreciated his matter a fact and upfront approach to our frozen embryo transfer. ... The nursing staff [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] was good at relaying our questions to Dr. Lebovic and getting back to us in a timely matter.
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] is set up nicely and organized well into subsections based on appointment type. The waiting room is set up in such a way to give you a sense space even when crowded. They also focus on scheduling IVF patients in batches. ... However, aside from the obvious knowledge and skill of the nursing staff, I was surprised that at times our interactions with the staff felt very clinical. By this point in our journey we had been through an emotional roller coaster and I guess I sort of expected the nurses to address the emotional aspects of the treatment as thoroughly as they did the technical.
Come prepared to your consultation with your questions. Interactions with Dr. Lebovic were limited. Most communications after the consultation were with the nursing staff.
It was difficult to feel comforted and well connected in the infertility process. That said, I understand the need for an objective approach when assessing the best treatment method(s).
I don’t recall the exact protocol used for our frozen embryo transfer but the results were successful with a singleton. However, I do remember brand name medications being preferred if not required in some situations.
The nursing staff was good at relaying our questions to Dr. Lebovic and getting back to us in a timely matter. It was clear that they are well practiced and knowledgeable of the various protocols. However, aside from the obvious knowledge and skill of the nursing staff, I was surprised that at times our interactions with the staff felt very clinical. By this point in our journey we had been through an emotional roller coaster and I guess I sort of expected the nurses to address the emotional aspects of the treatment as thoroughly as they did the technical. That said, everyone was pleasant to interact with, but none of the nursing staff brought the emotion to our treatment that I expected from such a specialized care team. Essentially, if you are able to separate from that expectation then they were pleasant to interact with.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is set up nicely and organized well into subsections based on appointment type. The waiting room is set up in such a way to give you a sense space even when crowded. They also focus on scheduling IVF patients in batches.
We paid for our frozen embryo transfer upfront and prior to starting any protocol.
All doctors we interacted with at the clinic had strong preferences for a single embryo transfer. We felt they did a great job to help us better understand the risks of a multiple embryo transfer and pregnancy.
Treated 2018 - 2019
It is obvious that Dr. Lebovic is highly educated in reproductive medicine as well as other components of medicine. As disappointing as it was to be cancelled, we found out I had hyperprolactinemia and needed to be treated prior to transfer. If it wasnt caught i would have been at significant risk for miscarriage. He pays attention to details and although as t times i wish he'd give me his opinion and not just facts, at the end of the day my husband and I have been in complete control of our care because of it.
CRM is very good at what they do. The finance dept makes it easy by communicating with your insurance company and even sending applications for exceptions for coverage when denied. The ultrasound techs have the art done to a tee. They do little things like warming up the lubricant and painting the lights above your face so you are comfortable and relaxed. You never have to pay for parking. The clinic gives you a nicely framed picture of your embryo after implantation. All of these details make a big difference. The only negative experience I've had is that the patient cart I was brought into the procedure room on was outdated.
I would recommend going into your initial consult with prepared questions you may have come up with through your journey. This is the time Dr. Lebovic will sit with you face to face as long as you need and he is happy to explain any uncertainty you may have. After this appointment he is available but not face to face. Oh and park on the second level of the parking ramp, go in the building and take the elevator to level 4. Closer parking, easier to get out of parking spot without waiting for cars to exit, and you can stay out of the elements as well.
Dr. Lebovic sat down and talked with my husband and myself and explained thoroughly our situation and the research and education behind what he thought we should do next and why. He then gave us the resources and tools and allowed us to make our own decisions. He has been available via email through our entire journey as needed.
We started with an IUI cycle. I was put on Femara and then triggered with ovidrel a day or two before our IUI procedure. We went through 5 IUI cycles since they were relatively inexpensive and partially covered by insurance. After 5 failed cycles we began the process for egg retrieval. I was placed on menopur and gonal-f. I injected ovidrel the day before our retrieval. We froze all embryos and did PGS. I am now currently on estradiol and progesterone. Was taking aspirin stopped after positive beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
Theresa seemed to be truly invested in our journey and who we are. She was genuine, informative, and showed great empathy when relaying bad news.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
IUI cost us 200-300 after insurance each time. Egg retrieval was $10,243. Frozen embryo transfer was $2,957. PGS was $2,170.
Dr. Lebovic prefers single embryo transfers but is open and will allow multiple embryo transfers if the patient is aware and understands the risk involved.
Minneapolis
We started with Letrozole/Clomid [with Dr. Lebovic], then moved to injectables. We ultimately chose to go with IVF which was a strenuous process but so worth it...IVF was a little added work/process but gave us better odds which is what we wanted - and now we are expecting after IVF and a frozen transfer!...was very diligent about providing us with reading material and resources on reasons for transferring one vs. two, but in the end, he respected our decision to transfer 2...did a great job of individualizing our plan of care. He made us feel like he wanted us to get pregnant just as badly as we wanted to.
Our primary nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], Dana was unbelievably caring and was a great advocate for us and our care at the clinic...the clinic provided a financial advisor at the clinic to assist in the process...has great hours (weekends as well), easy communication for scheduling and communicating with nurses over the phone, and is a very nice, pleasant environment. The one thing I will say is I wish I would have had the majority of my interactions with 1 nurse. Have a new nurse every visit inhibits continuity of care. Each nurse has to "learn" about you and what your current plan is and where you are at in your current treatment cycle. I think the care provided would be much smoother and make the patient feel more comfortable and confident in their plan of care and treatment.
Dr. Lebovic is a very kind, caring and intelligent doctor. We felt very confident in his plans throughout our time working with him. He was very quick to respond when questions were asked. We knew that he would be able to help us get pregnant, and he did!
Just make sure to be an advocate for yourself. There are a lot of patients at this clinic and at times the clinic seemed too busy to handle certain needs of ours which was frustrating at times. But with open communication and advocating for yourself as a patient, Dr. Lebovic and the clinic responded very well to our needs and desires.
I felt like a human as Dr. Lebovic did a great job of individualizing our plan of care. He made us feel like he wanted us to get pregnant just as badly as we wanted to.
We started with Letrozole/Clomid, then moved to injectables. We ultimately chose to go with IVF which was a strenuous process but so worth it. The medications and injectables was a lot of work for 15-20% success rates monthly. IVF was a little added work/process but gave us better odds which is what we wanted - and now we are expecting after IVF and a frozen transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Our primary nurse, Dana was unbelievably caring and was a great advocate for us and our care at the clinic. The other nursing staff was spotty at times - most were extremely nice and caring and informative while others were not as friendly and not as forthcoming with information.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has great hours (weekends as well), easy communication for scheduling and communicating with nurses over the phone, and is a very nice, pleasant environment. The one thing I will say is I wish I would have had the majority of my interactions with 1 nurse. Have a new nurse every visit inhibits continuity of care. Each nurse has to "learn" about you and what your current plan is and where you are at in your current treatment cycle. I think the care provided would be much smoother and make the patient feel more comfortable and confident in their plan of care and treatment.
A lot of the medications and injections were covered by insurance. IVF and transferring was not covered by insurance but the clinic provided a financial advisor at the clinic to assist in the process.
We ultimately chose to transfer 2 embryos. Dr. Lebovic was very diligent about providing us with reading material and resources on reasons for transferring one vs. two, but in the end, he respected our decision to transfer 2.
Just some poor communication when protocols needed to change - i.e. we were told we were having a fresh transfer after egg retrieval, then 1 day after the retrieval we were told we were going to have to wait a few months for a frozen transfer due to OHSS risk. In the end, I know it was the best plan, just wish it would have been better communicated that the fresh transfer may not be able to happen as planned depending on how many eggs are retrieved and my risk for OHSS.
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic was very honest in my meetings with him, he was understanding and polite without sugar-coating anything. I only met with Dr. Lebovic for my consultation, all other visits have been done with nursing staff (including IUIs) so I feel like he is not quite as available for questions or concerns as I would like him to be (but I could also just be overly needy!).
Strength: I feel the clinic [Center for Repro Med of MN] staff (reception staff, nurses, and doctors) are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. The clinic itself is very calm and tranquil, which is helpful when the reason for being at the clinic can be stressful. Weaknesses: Cost can be prohibitively expensive. I have no insurance coverage for IVF, so if our IUIs are unsuccessful I have chosen to use an IVF clinic out of state because the cost is so much cheaper than this clinic.
Don't expect him to be present at all visits or for all procedures.
Dr. Lebovic was very polite and listened to all of my concerns. I do feel like my initial consultation was quicker than I expected, which is also the only time I have been face-to-face with Dr. Lebovic. All other appointments and procedures have been with nursing staff.
My first IUI was done with 7.5 mg letrozole days 3-7. This was the same dosage I had been on previous cycles with my OBGYN and seemed to produce 1-2 dominant follicles each cycle, so we continued this dosage. I ovulate early, so I had my follicle check on day 10 with 2 follicles and triggered that night with Ovidrel 250 mcg. I had my IUI on day 12, though I feel that I ovulated too early. This cycle was unsuccessful. For my second IUI cycle, all medications and dosages were kept the same. Follicle check done on day 10, triggered on day 11 and IUI done on day 13. Currently in the waiting period to find out if we had success.
Most of my face-to-face time at the clinic has been done with the nursing staff. All of the nurses I have worked with have been very knowledgeable and friendly. They are always able to answer my questions and are compassionate about my situation.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strength: I feel the clinic staff (reception staff, nurses, and doctors) are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. The clinic itself is very calm and tranquil, which is helpful when the reason for being at the clinic can be stressful. Weaknesses: Cost can be prohibitively expensive. I have no insurance coverage for IVF, so if our IUIs are unsuccessful I have chosen to use an IVF clinic out of state because the cost is so much cheaper than this clinic.
IUI is covered under my insurance, but only up to $5000. After my first IUI, I had $3000 left which means I can only have 2.5 cycles covered by my insurance. For IVF, out of pocket cost was quoted as approximately $23,000 per cycle.
Treated 2015 - 2019
She [Dr. Colleen Casey] is a straight talker...She's quick and efficient so have a list of questions ready. She will answer and if you don't have any ready you will feel like you are wasting time...able to focus on me and my personal health. Able to make recommendations for my specific conditions...She was able to recommend supplements that vastly improved egg quality for me and was able to steer me away from other ideas that weren't supported by science.
For me strengths [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] were it's close to home and has free parking. Weakness I feel like in the time I was going it got super busy. Toward the end I felt like some of the delay in treatment was due to the fact they had so many patients. I suppose that speaks to the quality of service, but sometimes it was frustrating because of course I wanted the treatment yesterday by the time I started.
She is a straight talker that didn't shy away from though questions. She was able to recommend supplements that vastly improved egg quality for me and was able to steer me away from other ideas that weren't supported by science.
Straight talk about women my age going through these procedures, but also able to focus on me and my personal health. Able to make recommendations for my specific conditions and things that may help or things/crazy internet ideas that just weren't scientifically supported.
I don't remember any of the details, but I know during one of the three cycles they upped my medications. On the third cycle I was able to negotiate the ultrasounds and reduce the number. This really helped the whole process to be a bit more affordable and also saved me making so many appointments so I didn't have to miss work.
Theresa was my favorite. I remember liking the entire staff and I always worked with different nurses. Everyone was friendly and able to answer questions. They always returned my calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For me strengths were it's close to home and has free parking. Weakness I feel like in the time I was going it got super busy. Toward the end I felt like some of the delay in treatment was due to the fact they had so many patients. I suppose that speaks to the quality of service, but sometimes it was frustrating because of course I wanted the treatment yesterday by the time I started.
About $20,000/cycle including medications. IVF + PGS + ICSI + FET
I was prepared to get a sermon. In the end I was just asked what I wanted. I never had more than 2 PGS tested embryos and each time I elected a single.
Treated 2016 - 2019
I did not feel that with my specific diagnosis’, communication, treatment modifications were made or evaluated on a per cycle basis. Treatment modification suggestions came from me and not the doctor [Dr. Casey].... Approachable and friendly. Easy to get follow-up appointments and willing to talk over the phone.... I had OHSS but was not taken seriously, I had to beg to be seen and treated.
Front desk staff [Ctr for Repro Med of MN], phlebotomist, and some nurses not very friendly and treat you like a number. When something is going on medically different, it’s hard to communicate with staff and hard to hear back from them or hard to feel like you’re being taken seriously.... Just sometimes failure to follow through with what they said they would do. You feel like you are bothering them if you have questions. They failed to call with beta results and call in prescriptions. I had to call a couple times to request them again.
Approachable and friendly. Easy to get follow-up appointments and willing to talk over the phone. Does not think outside the box or suggest alternative/Chinese medicine to help. Supplements are never discussed and not taken seriously, outside of take a prenatal.
Be your own advocate and do your research.
I did not feel that with my specific diagnosis’, communication, treatment modifications were made or evaluated on a per cycle basis. Treatment modification suggestions came from me and not the doctor. I do not feel that treatment outside of prescribed medications (eg. diet modifications, supplements, Chinese medicine, etc.) were taken seriously when brought up by me. I had OHSS but was not taken seriously, I had to beg to be seen and treated.
Gonal-f 75 Femara 5 Orividrel trigger Progesterone
Treat you like a number. Most do not talk to you about anything other than treatment. Once, a nurse completely missed that there was fluid still in my uterus on cd10. I had to tell her what the ultrasound tech said.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Front desk staff, phlebotomist, and some nurses not very friendly and treat you like a number. When something is going on medically different, it’s hard to communicate with staff and hard to hear back from them or hard to feel like you’re being taken seriously.
I don’t remember. A list was provided at the beginning of treatment what my ins covered with IUIs.

Treated 2017 - 2018
We ended up completing two rounds of IVF (fresh transfers) and one FET with her [Dr. Colleen Casey], and I feel like she was genuinely happy for us when we finally had success (after our third round). She was also very sympathetic when our first two rounds were unsuccessful - one being a chemical pregnancy, and the other an ectopic pregnancy...Overall, she was very warm, knowledgeable, and motivated to help us succeed...
FET #1 [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]: After ectopic pregnancy, we decided to do PGS testing on our 10 frozen embryos. 7 came back normal...Most of the nurses were very friendly and warm...Weaknesses: This is more of a personal preference, but I wish you could see your own doctor for more of the procedures (egg retrievals/embryo transfers) rather than whoever is on rotation for the week. It would be nice to touch base with your doctor more often, but she did make herself available by phone when we had questions specifically for her. They also don't call with test results other than pregnancy tests.
Dr. Casey was very friendly during our first meeting. Based on my prior testing, treatment and overall diagnosis from my OB, she was confident that we would have success with IVF within a couple rounds. During what turned out to be three rounds of IVF, she was supportive during our low points (chemical pregnancy and ectopic pregnancy) and still very encouraging and hopeful that we would have a baby. She never made us feel rushed, but I do feel that you had to come prepared with questions, otherwise the meetings would be very short. Overall, she was very warm, knowledgeable, and motivated to help us succeed.
Do your research and come prepared with questions! She is a wealth of information, but you need to know what to ask.
We ended up completing two rounds of IVF (fresh transfers) and one FET with her, and I feel like she was genuinely happy for us when we finally had success (after our third round). She was also very sympathetic when our first two rounds were unsuccessful - one being a chemical pregnancy, and the other an ectopic pregnancy. She personally called my OB to refer me back for treatment of the ectopic. When we returned for another round, she was very patient and took time to answer our very long list of questions. This helped to alleviate some of my concerns about another negative outcome occurring.
IVF #1 (antagonist protocol): Gonal-F: 250 units starting Menopur: 75 units Ganirelix Lupron for trigger shot due to increased risk for OHSS Endometrin inserts before transfer (1 insert 3x/day) Ended up decreasing Gonal-F during stimulation due to overstimulation. By the end, they lowered me to 75 units (lowest dose per their standards). This resulted in 27 eggs, most appearing mature, but only 10 fertilized (not using ICSI). Ended up with one viable morula to transfer on day 5. No embryos left to freeze. Transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol): Same as above except Gonal-F was kept at 75 units the entire time. They wanted a lower/slower stim cycle in hopes of better quality embryos. 19 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 11 viable blasts. Fresh transferred top graded embryo, and froze the remaining 10. This resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. FET #1: After ectopic pregnancy, we decided to do PGS testing on our 10 frozen embryos. 7 came back normal. Lupron: 20 units for 10 days, then 5 units for another 10 days Estrace: Started at 1x/day then ramped up to 3x/day Endometrin: 1 insert 3x/day Baby aspirin 1x/day Transferred 1 euploid frozen embryo that resulted in a healthy pregnancy and live birth.
Most of the nurses were very friendly and warm. My favorite was Theresa A.! Dori was also very nice. They always ensured that we had our prescriptions faxed over to the pharmacy on time, and called back same day for most of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths: Success rates, knowledgeable staff, very organized with their information. Weaknesses: This is more of a personal preference, but I wish you could see your own doctor for more of the procedures (egg retrievals/embryo transfers) rather than whoever is on rotation for the week. It would be nice to touch base with your doctor more often, but she did make herself available by phone when we had questions specifically for her. They also don't call with test results other than pregnancy tests.
She suggested transferring one embryo due to the quality and success rates for their clinic, but was open to us transferring 2 embryos had that been our preference.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I came in on my first letrozole cycle under the direction of my regular OB/GYN. He [Dr. Kuneck] recommended a different dosage cycle for the next round. After two cycles with timed intercourse (TI) it was clear that I was not having the desired response to the letrozole so he recommended injectables for the next cycle. I inquired about IUI and he advised that based on my husband's test results, he didn't think doing IUI would have any additional benefit for us over TI. He was correct in this, as I got pregnant on my first cycle with injectables/TI.
Because it [Center for Reproductive Medicine] was a large clinic that served many patients, I didn't feel like I had a completely personal connection with my provider or any particular member of the nursing team. I interacted with various nurses most of the time and only checked in with Dr. Kuneck when developing and changing my treatment plan. However, I felt that Dr. Kuneck was compassionate and informative during our interactions and the staff and nurses at the clinic were all very nice. I didn't mind the less personal system they had in place because they were always very responsive and I appreciated that the larger clinic allowed lots of flexibility so I was almost always able to get in for my appointments at a time that was most convenient to me.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I only checked in with Dr. Kuneck when developing my initial treatment plan and when adjustments needed to be made, but I felt that Dr. Kuneck was compassionate and informative during our interactions. He was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to answer all of my questions and make me feel comfortable with the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Kuneck is a very knowledgeable, experienced provider who will make sure you understand your treatment options, but if you are looking for a personal connection with your provider you may be happier with someone else.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Because it was a large clinic that served many patients, I didn't feel like I had a completely personal connection with my provider or any particular member of the nursing team. I interacted with various nurses most of the time and only checked in with Dr. Kuneck when developing and changing my treatment plan. However, I felt that Dr. Kuneck was compassionate and informative during our interactions and the staff and nurses at the clinic were all very nice. I didn't mind the less personal system they had in place because they were always very responsive and I appreciated that the larger clinic allowed lots of flexibility so I was almost always able to get in for my appointments at a time that was most convenient to me.
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I came in on my first letrozole cycle under the direction of my regular OB/GYN. He recommended a different dosage cycle for the next round. After two cycles with timed intercourse (TI) it was clear that I was not having the desired response to the letrozole so he recommended injectables for the next cycle. I inquired about IUI and he advised that based on my husband's test results, he didn't think doing IUI would have any additional benefit for us over TI. He was correct in this, as I got pregnant on my first cycle with injectables/TI.
The nursing staff was very nice and compassionate. They were very responsive and available when I would call for information.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Because it was a large clinic that served many patients, I didn't feel like I had a completely personal connection with my provider or any particular member of the nursing team. I interacted with various nurses most of the time and only checked in with my provider when developing and changing my treatment plan. I didn't mind the less personal system they had in place because they were always very responsive and I appreciated that the larger clinic allowed lots of flexibility so I was almost always able to get in for my appointments at a time that was most convenient to me. Most of the time I was in and out quickly. There were only a few times where I felt I had to wait an inappropriate time in the waiting room before my appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My insurance covered assessment and monitoring, so I had no out of pocket costs for my monitoring ultrasounds. My insurance also covered a portion of my medication costs. The injectables had the most out of pocket costs for me and amounted to about $420 for one cycle. The total med costs (including what insurance paid) were over $2000.
Describe Paul Kuneck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Not applicable
Paul Kuneck
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic is extremely kind, compassionate and takes the time to answer our questions. He never seems to be rushing from one patient to another....He explains things thoroughly and makes appointments long enough to answer questions. He is very kind and easy to talk to. He has goes over all costs and options and recommended every possible infertility test before going forward...Our infertility is male factor. My husband was originally prescribed Clomid from his urologist
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] is very clean and modern. They are very good about dealing with insurance and knowing costs (something which most doctors don’t seem to know well). They seem to do scheduling well. The clinic doesn’t seem overcrowded and the staff do not seem overworked. They have coffee, tea, and water in the waiting area. They are very considerate of their patients emotional needs....They are very kind and compassionate. None of them are in a hurry and all of them take time to answer our questions.
He explains things thoroughly and makes appointments long enough to answer questions. He is very kind and easy to talk to. He has goes over all costs and options and recommended every possible infertility test before going forward because any testing was covered under our insurance. He was very clear about costs.
Do research and come up with lots of questions because he has lots of answers. :)
Dr. Lebovic is extremely kind, compassionate and takes the time to answer our questions. He never seems to be rushing from one patient to another. The nurses in his office have also been extremely kind and compassionate.
Our infertility is male factor. My husband was originally prescribed Clomid from his urologist (he has one kidney so sees a urologist biannually). Dr. Lebovic had us continue treatment for a couple of months, did a full blood screening and ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries, and had us see a genetic counselor. The genetic counselor was extremely knowledgeable. My husband was born with prune belly syndrome and we left knowing so much more about it and our odds (or lack of odds) of passing it on.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is very clean and modern. They are very good about dealing with insurance and knowing costs (something which most doctors don’t seem to know well). They seem to do scheduling well. The clinic doesn’t seem overcrowded and the staff do not seem overworked. They have coffee, tea, and water in the waiting area. They are very considerate of their patients emotional needs.
So far, we have only done diagnostic testing, and we have maybe paid $50 total for that, it was covered by insurance. Insurance also covers clomid, which we are using, we have a low copay for that. Any further treatment is not covered and will likely cost between $3000 and $26,000 which seems normal/average.
Treated 2016 - 2018
The course of treatment was cookie cutter and didn't change. ... She [Dr. Casey] was a nice doctor though but the care wasn't tailored to my wife and only changed after we pressed for alternatives and went through a mock cycle. ... It was the same each time. The pill for a time, then lupron shots, estrace, progesterone. ... Do not use this doctor and clinic [CCRM - Minnesota] if you are having a lot of difficulty getting pregnant.
They [nurses] never knew information on my wife upfront and would routinely make sloppy mistakes by giving her standard guidance. ... After the mock cycle she was found to be post receptive but they [nurses] almost messed up our last cycle had my wife not pressed and questioned the professional nurses [CRM - Minnesota] and questioned what they were saying to do. It is shocking.
The course of treatment was cookie cutter and didn't change. It seemed to be the same for everyone everytime. She was a nice doctor though but the care wasn't tailored to my wife and only changed after we pressed for alternatives and went through a mock cycle. This place seems more like a farm running everyone through one protocol.
Do not use this doctor and clinic if you are having a lot of difficulty getting pregnant.
Even though we went through many cycles with them, the staff regularly didn't know what we had done before. We even did a mock trial and the results were post receptive and while doing our last donor cycle after the mock, they were still giving us bad information by not recognizing the treatment should change. My wife even questioned it, they said no this is fine and then realized their huge mistake and changed the medicine. This type of behavior was present during our time here. Not that example but they would often give us the same old methods, treatment, and information time after time. It is difficult because you are in a vulnerable situation and dependant on their expert advice.
They never knew information on my wife upfront and would routinely make sloppy mistakes by giving her standard guidance. They must have one track protocol and it is hard for them to know if that changes. They didn't seem to know if we were doing ours or fresh or frozen or donor.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Everything can be different for different people so if you do go here, also go to Colorado clinic in Edina. You have to talk to more than one place. We were naive and thought we went to the best. You have to talk to different doctors and different places. I would recommend they ask what happens when it doesn't work. Did the process change. Is it tailored to the patient or do they follow a method they like. Why? Because it works best? That may be fine but it is good to know that it isn't guaranteed. I thought you could assure yourself a baby with one of these processes.
25k for egg cycles and 5k due each frozen transfer
The first fresh donor transfer after a failed fresh homegrown transfer was where we had a surprise. We had told them over and over we were going to do 2 embryos. We had tried on our own for so long we wanted to do whatever it took to get one or two babies. Minutes before the transfer of the fresh donor eggs, the doctor said it was so good that we should just do one. My wife had to make her decision they're on the spot and was gently pressured to just do one. It was our choice but the were insistant that it was so good and this was very likely to work. It was a unesseccary to do two because we would end up with two babies and the complication of that.
They do the same thing over and over. They find it hard to know our do something different. After the mock cycle she was found to be post receptive but they almost messed up our last cycle had my wife not pressed and questioned the professional nurses and questioned what they were saying to do. It is shocking.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Lebovic is great to work with. He contacted me in the wee hours of the morning when I was having symptoms of OHSS. He responded to an email on the weekend when I had found out I was having a miscarriage. He then reached out to me without prompting with ideas for the next cycle as he knew we were going to try again.... Dr Lebovic sincerely cares about his patients. He is available after hours and weekends and he directly contacts you back with results, good or bad.
Great clinic [Center for Reproductive Med of MN], very compassionate and sensitive. They do have a sign that says no children allowed due to the sensitive nature, but on two appointments there were children in the office. Parking can be tight, but they do give you tokens for their ramp.... They were all great to work with. It seemed you worked with the same team of nurses for all your appointments. When I did get a positive ultrasound confirmation they all said see you in two years. I think that was due to us having embryos left. We did not plan on having more than one child, but it wasn't a big deal. I did miscarry so we will be seeing them asap.
Ask anything at any time.
Egg retrieval included many medications, shots and otherwise. FET transfer was estradiol and endometrin along with baby aspirin. Protocol will be changing to PIO for the next FET.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Great clinic, very compassionate and sensitive. They do have a sign that says no children allowed due to the sensitive nature, but on two appointments there were children in the office. Parking can be tight, but they do give you tokens for their ramp.
The costs varied based on treatment and insurance coverage. They are very upfront and state all costs before you start and it is on the website.
He strongly suggested in my case we transfer one and gave pros and cons for both.
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Colleen Casey] has been nice, warm and welcoming and made us feel like it was their priority to get us pregnant. She was honest in answering the questions I had for her during our consult as well, which I appreciate completely.... I just wish we could hear back from her directly, so further questions could be answered in a phone call rather than waiting for a nurse to talk to her and then call back, or waiting for the next conference.
[The Center for Reproductive Med of MN-Minneapolis is] Very warm environment with calming colors and decor in the waiting room and patient rooms. Warm and welcoming staff, including the people at the front desk. Lab techs and ultrasound techs are also very nice and knowledgeable. Busy with patient activity and tests being done.... Every person we encountered was very nice, greeting with a smile. We always felt welcomed wherever we entered.
I just wish we could hear back from her directly, so further questions could be answered in a phone call rather than waiting for a nurse to talk to her and then call back, or waiting for the next conference. She has been nice, warm and welcoming and made us feel like it was their priority to get us pregnant. She was honest in answering the questions I had for her during our consult as well, which I appreciate completely.
Be prepared to ask questions at your consult, and possibly not hear much from her until the conference scheduled or a procedure.
I understand their clinic is very busy with patients, and that nurses may be the ones calling us back with answers to our questions. We had our consult and other questions I have had have been answered by a message, the nurses checking with C.C. and then calling me back.
We are just starting out, and my husband has male factor infertility so she explained possible treatment options depending on what the urologist comes up with...but most likely IVF will be our best bet. We also talked about possible further treatments if other things were found.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
So far, what I know of what we will have to pay is the tests we have had done. IVF is very much in our future and I'm needing information on that yet, but we were waiting to see what the urologist says and we have a conference with C.C. at the end of October.
I still have not heard what my AMH level was, although I received a bill for the test.
Minneapolis

We [with Dr. Colleen Casey] did Letrozole so I would produce more eggs and we did a trigger shot so we would know exactly when to do IUI and have it timed out great to give me the best chance. In having unexplained secondary infertility for more then 3 years now timing is so very crucial for me to get things right.... I think she was really great listening and showing compassion. She takes your thoughts and opinions and really cares. I felt like we were a team with the same goal and that made me feel positive. I feel good after I speak to her and she gives me hope.
The strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN- Minneapolis] are the doctors and nurses seem to really love what they do ❤️ It’s a positive vibe when you walk in and I live that. They could have more administrative staff helping with scheduling, paperwork, insurance questions as I felt like that was a bit rushed and a little chaotic. Also when calling they seemed rushed like they were experiencing too many calls and needed more staff.
I think she was really great listening and showing compassion. She takes your thoughts and opinions and really cares. I felt like we were a team with the same goal and that made me feel positive. I feel good after I speak to her and she gives me hope. I wish she would have been more active with the actual procedure (IUI) or explained who would do what as that was a little confusing. I feel like she cares about you as a person not just a patient looking to make money off of you.
Ask tons of questions and do research prior to your appointment so you know what to ask and definitely don’t feel shy asking about prices of different treatment routes.
She listened to me and asked me my thoughts on treatment routes and really cared about me as a person.
We did Letrozole so I would produce more eggs and we did a trigger shot so we would know exactly when to do IUI and have it timed out great to give me the best chance. In having unexplained secondary infertility for more then 3 years now timing is so very crucial for me to get things right.
The nursing staff was great and explained things so well. They answered any questions and seemed very confident in what they were doing and made you feel absolutely comfortable when I was very anxious and high stress. The reassurance I felt was fabulous!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The strengths are the doctors and nurses seem to really love what they do ❤️ It’s a positive vibe when you walk in and I live that. They could have more administrative staff helping with scheduling, paperwork, insurance questions as I felt like that was a bit rushed and a little chaotic. Also when calling they seemed rushed like they were experiencing too many calls and needed more staff.
The IUI was about 1,200 and the Letrozole was 10$ covered by my insurance. The trigger shot was 260$ and was not covered by insurance and was a big hassle to get delivered as it came from a special pharmacy.