Chaska
2828 Chicago Ave. S. Suite #400
Minneapolis, MN 55407
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118

He [Dr. Campbell] was never the one to see or call me, it was always nurses. He shrugged off my concerns and followed standard protocol only. When asked about a specific genetic concern I had discovered he dismissed it....Only did letrozole with trigger and then IUI. I had to ask to be put on progesterone despite my history of low levels in previous pregnancies.... He wasn’t worried when I triggered with several follicles bc he said my eggs were bad
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] was in a convenient location and very clean. It seemed well maintained and they validated parking so you didn’t have to pay. They could have offered water for nervous patients instead of old coffee though....It was a different nurse and radiology tech EVERY TIME. Some were great and some were awful....Lots of times the pharmacy didn’t get my prescription.
How was your experience with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He was never the one to see or call me, it was always nurses. He shrugged off my concerns and followed standard protocol only. When asked about a specific genetic concern I had discovered he dismissed it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He’s retired now so no.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He followed standard protocol, and brushed off my suggestions from the research I’d done.
Describe the protocols Bruce Campbell used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic was in a convenient location and very clean. It seemed well maintained and they validated parking so you didn’t have to pay. They could have offered water for nervous patients instead of old coffee though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think it was around $500 per IUI excluding meds.
Describe Bruce Campbell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Lots of times the pharmacy didn’t get my prescription.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt like a number at CRM. During my 3 IUI cycles and my IVF cycle I never saw my doctor [Dr. Lisa Erickson] one time. I had an issue with Lupron, and with that was able to speak with my Dr. on the phone. At one point during my IVF cycle monitoring a polyp was found on my cervix. This was very scary as I didn't want my cycle to be canceled. After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'.
After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse [at CRM] say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'. This made me feel even more like a number, like I wasn't being treated with any type of customization and that they honestly didn't care if I got pregnant or not. I ended up getting pregnant, which of course I can't complain about, but I wouldn't choose this clinic again.
How was your experience with Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Erickson was compassionate and friendly, but I never saw her besides during our initial consult so I don't feel like I can evaluate her. But since I have to use 200 characters I will say, that if a clinic is so busy, that their doctors don't even see a patient through their treatment, then they should take on less patients. Why even have a doctor?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
See your patients during their cycles so they feel confident. My doctor is now retired so it doesn't really matter, but I'm sure CRM still operates like this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I felt like a number at CRM. During my 3 IUI cycles and my IVF cycle I never saw my doctor one time. I had an issue with Lupron, and with that was able to speak with my Dr. on the phone. At one point during my IVF cycle monitoring a polyp was found on my cervix. This was very scary as I didn't want my cycle to be canceled. After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'. This made me feel even more like a number, like I wasn't being treated with any type of customization and that they honestly didn't care if I got pregnant or not. I ended up getting pregnant, which of course I can't complain about, but I wouldn't choose this clinic again.
Describe the protocols Lisa Erickson used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
During my 3 IUI cycles I too femara to stimulate follicle growth. During my last cycle I had NINE measurable follicles (it still didn't work). During my IVF cycle I was on follistim, menepur and lupron. I only produced 7 follicles. It seems like if I was able to produce so many by just taking a pill, that I should have produced a lot more by the invasive injectables. My Dr. and I weren't on the same page as far as a goal for eggs. Again, we're thankful it worked, but have no eggs frozen which means another round of IVF.
I had a different nurse at each visit, so no primary. Also as I mentioned previously from the comments I overheard from a nurse, it's obvious they treat their patients as numbers and not real people.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM has a high success rate, which is the whole point of fertility treatment so that's great. Patients are treated like numbers so if you're someone who needs compassion and to build a relationship with your doctor, this isn't the place for you. Nurses show no compassion and cycle you in and out quickly. I don't feel like treatment is customized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We purchased the attine program for about $22,000
Describe Lisa Erickson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We transfered one embroy which is all we had.
Lisa Erickson

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Campbell] was friendly and had good bedside manner. We trusted him as a doctor....until we had two back to back transfer failures of PGS normal embryos and he didn't want to make any changes to our protocol. Just wanted to keep doing the same thing. I was the one who had to do all the research on things to try and bring ideas to him, most of which he shot down and seemed unwilling to do...
The only strength [of the nurses at Ctr for Repro Med - Minnie] I can think of is timely responses to messages/voice mails, and a few of them showed compassion and caring. Most of them seemed to just want to get your visit/phone call/etc. over with so that they could get to the next person...This clinic puts everyone on birth control pills for both retrieval and transfers, in order to control your body to fit their schedule. For me, and for many other women, birth control pills wreak havoc on our emotional well being. So you will be an emotional mess while you wait two months on your birth control pills so you can fit into their schedule...
He was friendly and had good bedside manner. We trusted him as a doctor....until we had two back to back transfer failures of PGS normal embryos and he didn't want to make any changes to our protocol. Just wanted to keep doing the same thing. I was the one who had to do all the research on things to try and bring ideas to him, most of which he shot down and seemed unwilling to do.
This clinic and doctor are very standardized - they put every patient on the same protocol and rarely change it, even if it's not working. If that's the situation you want to be in, by all means go to this clinic and doctor.
Long wait times to get on their schedule for retrieval, transfer, etc. They obviously had a much bigger patient load then can appropriately carry. Not a single person there from receptionists, doctors, and nurses ever remembered your name, despite going there nearly daily at some points in the retrieval cycle. Not a single person ever asked me how I was doing with everything and their attitude was generally get em in and get em out.
For egg retrieval: priming with birth control pills, then lupron, then stim with menopur and gonal f. No cetrotide/ganirelix. HCG trigger. For frozen transfer: birth control pills, then lupron, then prepare with estrace pills (worked up to 2mg three times a day), PIO injections after lining check. Baby aspirin.
The only strength I can think of is timely responses to messages/voice mails, and a few of them showed compassion and caring. Most of them seemed to just want to get your visit/phone call/etc. over with so that they could get to the next person.
28k not including meds.
- I had issues with thin lining for transfer which I did not believe they handled well. They round up their lining measurements (i.e., I was a 6.6 and they called it a 7 and had us move forward). When my lining never got past a 7 the second transfer they offered no other explanation or plan b. - They did not tell us ahead of time about their planned closure of their embryology lab which delayed our transfer. I work in a highly regulated industry and I completely understand the need to maintain quality in a laboratory environment but they did not do a good job of informing us. -Every time we wanted to move on to a next step (scheduling transfers, for example) it was up to a week of waiting for a nurse to call back, and when they did, their next available date was months in the future. They don't work with your cycle they work with their schedule.
Minneapolis

CRM is the busiest fertility clinic in Minneapolis with a high patient volume. Despite the countless office visits and appointments, it still felt as though I was a stranger to the staff...My results were never communicated to me. I had to call and ask to get my FSH, AMH, LSH, Prolactin, and Estradiol levels. I also was never told what my lining measurement was after my first retrieval. After I began reading chat boards online, I soon realized that these should be common knowledge to the patient...The nurses were great. They were always available to answer questions. I rarely saw the same nurse twice, so I never felt like any of them really knew me. But one nurse in particular (Theresa) was amazing. I was fortunate enough to have her 2 or 3 times. She was so caring and supportive. She listened to my concerns, and really helped ease any worries or fears I may have had.
Dr. Kuneck is very intelligent and was thorough when we actually saw him. However, that was not often. We mostly communicated with the nurses and other staff. Our only embryo transfer (which failed) was not performed by him, but rather a doctor I had never even met. My egg retrieval also was performed by another doctor in the clinic. The lack of presence was something I did not anticipate when we initially chose him as our RE. I had hoped for a doctor who was more hands on and who was more directly involved with us throughout the entire process.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
You really need to be our own advocate. Do your research and question any and everything you are doubting or concerned about.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
For my retrieval, I initially was put on BCPs for 2-3 weeks, then lupron for 10 days, menopur, and Gonal F. This seems to be their go-to protocol. Fortunately, I responded well to the meds and didn't need any tweaking. They retrieved 19 eggs, 12 mature. For my FET cycle, again did BCPs for over a month. Once stopped, started lupron, then added estrace orally 3 times a day. Also 1 low dose aspirin. I started Progesterone in oil 5 days before transfer. This time I didn't respond well to the protocol, as my lining wasn't getting thick enough. I only measured 6.1 mm on day 14, so my transfer date was pushed out a week. They increased my estrace to 3 2mg tablets orally and 1 vaginally at night. On day 21, I measured 7.6 mm which they seemed to be satisfied with. I was very concerned that my lining wasn't thick enough, and suggested that maybe we cancel. We only had one embryo, so I wanted every precaution to be taken. I was told not to worry, that my lining was just fine. We went ahead and transferred our only beautiful, hatching embie, which resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think this clinic is best for those who are the typical infertility case. Those who require a different and more customized approach, would do better elsewhere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We did 1 cycle of IVF with ICSI, 1 MicroTESE surgery and 1TESE surgery for my husband, egg freezing, embryo freezing, and 1 Frozen Embryo Transfer. Total our costs were upward of $30,000.
Paul Kuneck
Minneapolis

The doctor [Dr. Mark Damario] did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician...I only actually met Dr. Damario one time. He never once called me to provide an update on the cycle. He left everything to the nurses who treated me as any other patient and did not consider my own past experiences when building my protocol...spent the majority of the time speaking to my spouse and talking about how impressed he was with his sperm. He spent the entire meeting writing down the things that we were saying and it did not feel as though he was actually listening to what we wanted. He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my sub
I did three cycles of IUI using Clomid and injectibles [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...The doctor [Dr. Mark Damario] did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician...Treat their patients as a number, there is no such thing as an individualized treatment plan at CRM. The nursing staff was kind but they were not very open with communication and only told me things when I would ask...Ask specifically about what diagnosis and treatment plan he is giving you...He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my subsequent doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone seeking out treatment. As a woman, I felt that he was incredibly incompassionate.
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
During my one meeting with Dr. Damario he treated me as though I was not even in the room and spent the majority of the time speaking to my spouse and talking about how impressed he was with his sperm. He spent the entire meeting writing down the things that we were saying and it did not feel as though he was actually listening to what we wanted. He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my subsequent doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone seeking out treatment. As a woman, I felt that he was incredibly incompassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Ask specifically about what diagnosis and treatment plan he is giving you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Throughout my time being treated at Center for Reproductive medicine I only actually met Dr. Damario one time. He never once called me to provide an update on the cycle. He left everything to the nurses who treated me as any other patient and did not consider my own past experiences when building my protocol.
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I did three cycles of IUI using Clomid and injectibles.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The doctor did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician.
Mark Damario

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Malo is really a great provider. He was on his way to retirement when we saw him; so I think if we caught him sooner-we may have had better luck with our cycle. He did care for us, but I think we could have had a few more tests done to make our IVF cycle better.... took lupron, menopur, follistim & doxycycline as I recall, plus a trigger shot. I did need to extend the meds as they did not see enough eggs/eggs not mature enough. Eventually I was given the go ahead for retrieval. Dr. (not Malo, one of his partners) retrieved 14, 11 were mature. We thought this was great! Each day that passed in the lab, our numbers dwindled. We had two day 5 embryos come transfer day. Neither embryo implanted.
Nursing staff [at CRM] were SO COMPASSIONATE. They truly hoped success for us, through & through. We saw many of the nurses throughout our treatment cycle. They worked well together & no matter who we were working with, they had knowledge about our cycle.... The clinic environment was very nice & welcoming. The front desk staff could be a little more friendly. At times I didn't feel comfortable checking in or making future appts because I felt like they didn't really care to help. CRM has a free info session, which was so nice to do, before going to our first real RE appt.
How was your experience with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Do your research. Be proactive. Be your own advocate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
We know CRM runs a busy clinic; but it seemed like we were shuffled through like a herd every visit. We didn't like that Dr. Malo was not involved in our transfer/retrieval. There was no consistency.
Describe the protocols John Malo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Dr. Malo had reason to believe his routine/common IVF protocol would work for us, with ICSI. I took lupron, menopur, follistim & doxycycline as I recall, plus a trigger shot. I did need to extend the meds as they did not see enough eggs/eggs not mature enough. Eventually I was given the go ahead for retrieval. Dr. (not Malo, one of his partners) retrieved 14, 11 were mature. We thought this was great! Each day that passed in the lab, our numbers dwindled. We had two day 5 embryos come transfer day. Neither embryo implanted.
Nursing staff were SO COMPASSIONATE. They truly hoped success for us, through & through. We saw many of the nurses throughout our treatment cycle. They worked well together & no matter who we were working with, they had knowledge about our cycle.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
All in all for Dr. Malo, about $13,000.00 For meds, about $2,000
Describe John Malo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
From our experience CRM was open to what we felt comfortable with.
Dr. Malo should have done more testing on my thyroid. I truly believe if we looked at this aspect more in depth, we may have had better end results.
John Malo
2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Colleen Casey] was friendly, but basically asked me how I wanted to proceed instead of giving her recommendation. She seemed confident I could conceive without intervention, even after 3 failed medicated cycles. I didn't feel that she had enough time to dedicate to really learning my situation and the treatment plan suffered as a result.
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] are their availability to see many patients due to their staff. Additionally, they did work out a payment plan with me when treatment expenses exceeded the quote. It's styled to feel more "homey" if that's your thing. Weaknesses include the attitudes of the nursing staff. Additionally, when I had to come in over the weekend for monitoring, one of the other doctors was complaining about how it was his weekend to work and he didn't want to be there. It felt like the clinic was out to make money, not treat infertility.
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
She was friendly, but basically asked me how I wanted to proceed instead of giving her recommendation. She seemed confident I could conceive without intervention, even after 3 failed medicated cycles. I didn't feel that she had enough time to dedicate to really learning my situation and the treatment plan suffered as a result.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Demand time and specifics. Ask what the plan will be if you don't respond as predicted. Push for diagnostic testing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I only saw Dr. Casey twice during my 3 cycles of treatment. I had a different nurse every time and I didn't feel that my treatments were personalized. It was get me in and out as quickly as possible to get as many patients seen as possible.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I did two cycles of clomid and timed intercourse and one cycle of femara and timed intercourse. I didn't respond well to the clomid (only one follicle while taking the max dose), but did respond well to femara. I had indicated to her and the nurses that I ovulate late, but they still had me come in as if I was going to ovulate on CD14. This caused me to have to pay for additional ultrasounds which got to be very expensive. None of these cycles resulted in a positive pregnancy test.
Very matter-of-fact and didn't take the time to explain anything to me. When I questioned anything, I felt brushed off and not taken seriously.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths are their availability to see many patients due to their staff. Additionally, they did work out a payment plan with me when treatment expenses exceeded the quote. It's styled to feel more "homey" if that's your thing. Weaknesses include the attitudes of the nursing staff. Additionally, when I had to come in over the weekend for monitoring, one of the other doctors was complaining about how it was his weekend to work and he didn't want to be there. It felt like the clinic was out to make money, not treat infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Each cycle was extended due to my late ovulation which added at least two ultrasounds at ~350/scan. Due to this, we spent almost $5k on three cycles which was well above the estimated costs.
It was very frustrating to learn I had PCOS from my 2nd doctor, who made the diagnosis quickly after viewing my file from CRM. Knowing this, I feel that the protocols Dr. Casey prescribed didn't completely make sense and could have been changed to give us a better chance of success. I didn't always receive timely phone calls from the nurses.
Colleen Casey

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Some of the nurses were very nice, a couple were not. The clinic is a well oiled machine, I'll give them that...Dr. Campbell seems very old school. He likes to use the standard protocols, instead of adjusting them to your case. If you are a cookie cutter fertility patient he'd be just fine for you. However if you are a more complex case, I would look elsewhere...After multiple iuis and 4 fresh IVF cycles, if I passed him on the street he probably wouldn't even recognize me, definitely wouldn't know my name. Never even called after our 4th failed IVF and 2nd miscarriage.
Do your research, have multiple consults with different RE's at any of the MN clinics. Make sure you can easily say you think Dr. Campbell will be the best fit for you.
#1 Long Lupron - BFN. #2 Antagonist -BFN Microdose Lupron Flare - Chemical. #4 - started off as an iui with injectables, we made the call to switch it to an IVF. Best production we had as I was not on bcps for priming, which was used every other cycle at Dr. Campbell's insistence. This cycle resulted in a blighted ovum.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It was a well oiled machine, however sometime you did have a pretty long wait, but not too many times.
Like stated before, protocol choice was our biggest problem with this clinic, the Dr. not really listening to our suggestions etc.

2015, Successful
I saw him [Dr Campbell] for three appointments. The initial consultation and two ultrasound ch do ups on baby's heartbeat. I felt like a number and while I enjoyed meeting with him, there was never any other communication....He's very knowledgeable but very important and busy and the nurses will do most of the communicating. Plus, he was not present for egg retrieval or transfer.
There was no consistency among nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. I had a different one every time I came in. Some were great and some not as friendly....I waited weeks for PGS results from Geneis Genetics. I was told Friday afternoon that results did not come in though Genesis said they were released. I finally found out results Monday due to Dr. Campbell not finding the results that were sent. It was painful to wait so long for news of whether we had a healthy embryo or not.
I saw him for three appointments. The initial consultation and two ultrasound ch do ups on baby's heartbeat. I felt like a number and while I enjoyed meeting with him, there was never any other communication.
There was the initial ,setting where he seemed very genuine and kind but from then on there was little communication until we got to the ultrasounds of seeing our baby.
Had 11 eggs, 8 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5 biopsy and testing. 1 of the 4 embryos were normal after PGS testing. We transferred and have a wonderful 4 month old.
There was no consistency among nurses. I had a different one every time I came in. Some were great and some not as friendly.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nice looking, downtown so traffic is an issue, but this clinic has the best data with the most success. They are doing something right. Their embryologist were successful with our embryo.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kuneck is a smart, caring physician. He seems to be on his way to retirement so availability was not always great and he does not make himself very accessible to patients- it always felt like you have to go through an army of nurses and blocks to get any direct access to him.
There were a number of errors [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], the biggest that they did not inform me of a change in my medication protocol until too late. Even if that did not affect my cycle medically, the stress was enormous....Paul Kuneck was really great as a physician but his staff has some major weaknesses that made the process unpleasant and stressful at times.
Schedule regular face to face appointments with him in advance- you can cancel if you need to but otherwise you won't see him for months.
agonist, antagonist protocols- we failed almost every cycle so I'm not sure what would be useful for others. We did go to ICSI on the 2nd IVF and I would not wait to do this.
Some of the nurses were fantastic (Stacy) and others were absolutely terrible- there was one with a high pitched baby voice that was incredibly condescending every time and sometimes medically inaccurate as well (I'm in healthcare).
Standard
My insurance covered much of this but the costs were still enormous, but expected.
There were a number of errors, the biggest that they did not inform me of a change in my medication protocol until too late. Even if that did not affect my cycle medically, the stress was enormous.
Paul Kuneck

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Malo] was OK. Factual and pleasant enough but cut my husband off a few times on questions and would consider bedside manner so-so...Trust his knowledge and skillset, but manner is a bit cold and clinical. Wasn't as aggressive as we were hoping. Painted us a fairly bleak picture. This was our first of 3 REs and to be blunt, wish we had moved on after our first (ehhh) meeting as we liked the docs and clinics at 2 and 3 better.
Main beef was that I IDID have insurance with infertility coverage, this office [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] just didn't want to accept it so it was all out of pocket...Facilities quite nice...Didn't really amp things up round 2 after lackluster results round one, which was odd (and we did question it at the time with him [Dr. Malo])...Don't recall much [about the nurses]. Nice enough but seemed to forget our info unless papers right there.
He's knowledgeable and skillful but not the warmest dude you'll ever meet.
He was OK. Factual and pleasant enough but cut my husband off a few times on questions and would consider bedside manner so-so
Bravelle for sure and can't recall the rest. Didn't really amp things up round 2 after lackluster results round one, which was odd (and we did question it at the time with him)
Don't recall much. Nice enough but seemed to forget our info unless papers right there.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Facilities quite nice. Didn't accept our insurance (which DID have IVF coverage...they just didn't accept it!). Just so-so. If you are not feeling it after your first meeting here, move on quickly. This was 2015 and now there are even more clinics to choose from.
Don't recall IUI costs exactly; want to say around $5K? Main beef was that I IDID have insurance with infertility coverage, this office just didn't want to accept it so it was all out of pocket. Boooooo
John Malo

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
I only met him twice. He seemed super cautious in his treatment protocol...Lots and lots of letrozole with and without IUI. I never had a positive pregnancy test....People [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] were nice but it wasn't clear they knew me or remembered my treatment plan.
The nurses would come in with the wrong charts, not have the treatment plan. I had to remind them of the current protocol and tell them the plans we had discussed in the previous appointment. It was a little scary....Disorganized, shabby, charged for parking and they had a rude receptionist.
I only met him twice. He seemed super cautious in his treatment protocol.
Be your own advocate.
People were nice but it wasn't clear they knew me or remembered my treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Disorganized, shabby, charged for parking and they had a rude receptionist.
Just general disorganization.
Mark Damario
2008 - 2010, Unsuccessful
At one point she [Dr Erickson] was forthright in telling us if we proceed and success is not achieved, it brings their clinical numbers down. That was hurtful, although truthful...it was not my job to care and it stung that she'd even ask us to. Talk about feeling like a number. When the day came for the one egg my body had produced to be attempted to be retrieved, in all our nerves riding on that 50/50 chance she told us we had....she wasn't even there. Without warning she had sent another doctor whom I had never before met. He, not she, was the one in my haze while awaking from anesthesia to tell me we had failed. And inevitably that I would never carry or birth a child. I was crushed on several levels.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]... was the only reproductive endocrinologist clinic I visited so I have nothing to compare it to. It may have been that I was not a quality patient in that my chances were so low from the get go with poor egg quality, but I still would like to think that doctors and nurses do what they do for the people that they can effect. Instead I felt like a disappointment to their "stats" and a number with each visit...loosing hope is devastating and having your "care team" not really care, is beyond words.
Dr. Erickson was lovely, kind, soft spoken. At our first visit I felt hopeful and in good hands. That feeling grew more and more distant with each visit and contact directly with her became almost extinct. Our hopes diminished not due to her efforts but directly related to the results. My egg quality was extremely low. I could feel that she was only proceeding due to my emotional inability to give up. At one point she was forthright in telling us if we proceed and success is not achieved, it brings their clinical numbers down. That was hurtful, although truthful...it was not my job to care and it stung that she'd even ask us to. Talk about feeling like a number. When the day came for the one egg my body had produced to be attempted to be retrieved, in all our nerves riding on that 50/50 chance she told us we had....she wasn't even there. Without warning she had sent another doctor whom I had never before met. He, not she, was the one in my haze while awaking from anesthesia to tell me we had failed. And inevitably that I would never carry or birth a child. I was crushed on several levels.
Ask her not to sugar coat and to BE SURE to inform you that you will not see her often. And ask her to please inform you should a physician other than herself be performing your procedures.
There is very little contact with the doctor who so warmly freets you at the beginning of this "journey". And the nurses are different every time you go in to the office...and their moods very. Tremendously.
Unfortunately in the last 6 years much of this has escaped me, although when going through it all you hang onto every word, learn and know every term, the cost of every drug and the names & numbers of every pharmacy and their prices... I recall Folistim pens...lots of them. I recall vials of Bravelle and then trying Lupron. And somewhere alon the line there was Menapur. It is quite blurry...and thankfully in the rear view mirror.
I wish I remembered their names because a few were fantastic! Warm, friendly and took the time to make you feel like you're a person. Some even like you are a person going through the toughest days of your life thus far-those nurses I wish I could go back and hug. Several were very clearly, busy. Even delivering the news that the one follicle that was there yesterday (yes 1) is suddenly gone and you are to wait weeks and then start all over. With zero emotion because the were busy washing up their hands so they could scurry on to the next patient. No compassion. How do you work here? Perhaps a blood bank would be more fitting for these nurses.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's one of few and this was the only reproductive endocrinologist clinic I visited so I have nothing to compare it to. It may have been that I was not a quality patient in that my chances were so low from the get go with poor egg quality, but I still would like to think that doctors and nurses do what they do for the people that they can effect. Instead I felt like a disappointment to their "stats" and a number with each visit...loosing hope is devastating and having your "care team" not really care, is beyond words.
It was tough...feeling like a number.
Expensive
The lack of contact was extremely difficult as you are on the edge of your seat daily. Having my doctor send another doctor to our egg retrieval procedure was inaccusable and I will ever forget the feeling I felt that morning when a doctor I had never met walked into the room to perform the most personal and emotional procedure I had had in my life.
Lisa Erickson