Chaska
Minneapolis, MN 55407
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118
651-379-3110

The doctor [Dr. Mark Damario] did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician...I only actually met Dr. Damario one time. He never once called me to provide an update on the cycle. He left everything to the nurses who treated me as any other patient and did not consider my own past experiences when building my protocol...spent the majority of the time speaking to my spouse and talking about how impressed he was with his sperm. He spent the entire meeting writing down the things that we were saying and it did not feel as though he was actually listening to what we wanted. He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my sub
I did three cycles of IUI using Clomid and injectibles [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...The doctor [Dr. Mark Damario] did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician...Treat their patients as a number, there is no such thing as an individualized treatment plan at CRM. The nursing staff was kind but they were not very open with communication and only told me things when I would ask...Ask specifically about what diagnosis and treatment plan he is giving you...He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my subsequent doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone seeking out treatment. As a woman, I felt that he was incredibly incompassionate.
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
During my one meeting with Dr. Damario he treated me as though I was not even in the room and spent the majority of the time speaking to my spouse and talking about how impressed he was with his sperm. He spent the entire meeting writing down the things that we were saying and it did not feel as though he was actually listening to what we wanted. He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my subsequent doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone seeking out treatment. As a woman, I felt that he was incredibly incompassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Ask specifically about what diagnosis and treatment plan he is giving you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Throughout my time being treated at Center for Reproductive medicine I only actually met Dr. Damario one time. He never once called me to provide an update on the cycle. He left everything to the nurses who treated me as any other patient and did not consider my own past experiences when building my protocol.
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I did three cycles of IUI using Clomid and injectibles.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The doctor did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Some of the nurses were very nice, a couple were not. The clinic is a well oiled machine, I'll give them that...Dr. Campbell seems very old school. He likes to use the standard protocols, instead of adjusting them to your case. If you are a cookie cutter fertility patient he'd be just fine for you. However if you are a more complex case, I would look elsewhere...After multiple iuis and 4 fresh IVF cycles, if I passed him on the street he probably wouldn't even recognize me, definitely wouldn't know my name. Never even called after our 4th failed IVF and 2nd miscarriage.
How was your experience with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Do your research, have multiple consults with different RE's at any of the MN clinics. Make sure you can easily say you think Dr. Campbell will be the best fit for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Bruce Campbell used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
#1 Long Lupron - BFN. #2 Antagonist -BFN Microdose Lupron Flare - Chemical. #4 - started off as an iui with injectables, we made the call to switch it to an IVF. Best production we had as I was not on bcps for priming, which was used every other cycle at Dr. Campbell's insistence. This cycle resulted in a blighted ovum.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It was a well oiled machine, however sometime you did have a pretty long wait, but not too many times.
Like stated before, protocol choice was our biggest problem with this clinic, the Dr. not really listening to our suggestions etc.

2015, Successful
I saw him [Dr Campbell] for three appointments. The initial consultation and two ultrasound ch do ups on baby's heartbeat. I felt like a number and while I enjoyed meeting with him, there was never any other communication....He's very knowledgeable but very important and busy and the nurses will do most of the communicating. Plus, he was not present for egg retrieval or transfer.
There was no consistency among nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. I had a different one every time I came in. Some were great and some not as friendly....I waited weeks for PGS results from Geneis Genetics. I was told Friday afternoon that results did not come in though Genesis said they were released. I finally found out results Monday due to Dr. Campbell not finding the results that were sent. It was painful to wait so long for news of whether we had a healthy embryo or not.
I saw him for three appointments. The initial consultation and two ultrasound ch do ups on baby's heartbeat. I felt like a number and while I enjoyed meeting with him, there was never any other communication.
There was the initial ,setting where he seemed very genuine and kind but from then on there was little communication until we got to the ultrasounds of seeing our baby.
Had 11 eggs, 8 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5 biopsy and testing. 1 of the 4 embryos were normal after PGS testing. We transferred and have a wonderful 4 month old.
There was no consistency among nurses. I had a different one every time I came in. Some were great and some not as friendly.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nice looking, downtown so traffic is an issue, but this clinic has the best data with the most success. They are doing something right. Their embryologist were successful with our embryo.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kuneck is a smart, caring physician. He seems to be on his way to retirement so availability was not always great and he does not make himself very accessible to patients- it always felt like you have to go through an army of nurses and blocks to get any direct access to him.
There were a number of errors [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], the biggest that they did not inform me of a change in my medication protocol until too late. Even if that did not affect my cycle medically, the stress was enormous....Paul Kuneck was really great as a physician but his staff has some major weaknesses that made the process unpleasant and stressful at times.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Schedule regular face to face appointments with him in advance- you can cancel if you need to but otherwise you won't see him for months.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
agonist, antagonist protocols- we failed almost every cycle so I'm not sure what would be useful for others. We did go to ICSI on the 2nd IVF and I would not wait to do this.
Some of the nurses were fantastic (Stacy) and others were absolutely terrible- there was one with a high pitched baby voice that was incredibly condescending every time and sometimes medically inaccurate as well (I'm in healthcare).
Standard
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My insurance covered much of this but the costs were still enormous, but expected.
There were a number of errors, the biggest that they did not inform me of a change in my medication protocol until too late. Even if that did not affect my cycle medically, the stress was enormous.
Paul Kuneck
Minneapolis

Dr. DeMario himself was very kind and gentle but doesn't sugar coat anything. He was up front about success rates and costs.... At CRM you only meet the doctor once, then you see nurses for the testing and treatment. Our appointment with Dr. DeMario went well. He was knowledge and obviously has a lot of experience. I didn't feel a strong personal connection with him, but I do feel good about his expertise.... I took clomid to stimulate egg growth
They are high end and very professional. There are many clients so care is not super personal, but you know that they know what they're doing. I am not sure if we may get a second opinion but for now I am comfortable working with the Center for Reproductive Medicine.... The nurses at the clinic vary in their attitudes - it really depends on who is working when you go in for your appointment.... $2,000 for one cycle of IUI
Take things one step at a time.
Dr. DeMario himself was very kind and gentle but doesn't sugar coat anything. He was up front about success rates and costs. The nurses at the clinic vary in their attitudes - it really depends on who is working when you go in for your appointment.
I took clomid to stimulate egg growth followed by two days on vaginal estrogen to help thicken the uteran lining. I then took a "trigger shot" to stimulate ovulation. Two days later, we did the IUI followed by two weeks of vaginal progesterone.
It really depends on the nurse.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
$2,000 for one cycle of IUI
Describe Mark Damario's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
St. Paul

DeMario did 2 FET's for us. Used the same protocol that Dr. Malo established for us 2 years earlier. Didn't change anything regardless of test results...He never remembered any details about my case. It seems like he didn't even review my file before any meeting. Consistently asked the same questions over and over...He is not compassionate, he doesn't see you as a person. Doesn't remember anything from prior meetings. Generally seems confused. Very frustrating for someone who is in a vulnerable position. I had no choice but to use him as my prior RE at the clinic retired. Total difference of night and day between DeMario and Malo. Dr Malo always knew where I was at and what my history was. Made me feel like a patient and not a payment, which is how I feel when I see DeMario.
Jan [nurse at CRM] has been there forever and is excellent; caring, compassionate, hard working, remembers you as a person...Feel like cattle. So many women processed through on any given morning. Care is not personalized...Quite expensive compared to national averages. Higher success rates though. FET $5k (plus meds)...DeMario did 2 FET's for us. Used the same protocol that Dr. Malo established for us 2 years earlier. Didn't change anything regardless of test results.
Go to the Minneapolis clinic and see a different RE in the CRM clinic.
Jan has been there forever and is excellent; caring, compassionate, hard working, remembers you as a person.

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Malo] was OK. Factual and pleasant enough but cut my husband off a few times on questions and would consider bedside manner so-so...Trust his knowledge and skillset, but manner is a bit cold and clinical. Wasn't as aggressive as we were hoping. Painted us a fairly bleak picture. This was our first of 3 REs and to be blunt, wish we had moved on after our first (ehhh) meeting as we liked the docs and clinics at 2 and 3 better.
Main beef was that I IDID have insurance with infertility coverage, this office [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] just didn't want to accept it so it was all out of pocket...Facilities quite nice...Didn't really amp things up round 2 after lackluster results round one, which was odd (and we did question it at the time with him [Dr. Malo])...Don't recall much [about the nurses]. Nice enough but seemed to forget our info unless papers right there.
How was your experience with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He's knowledgeable and skillful but not the warmest dude you'll ever meet.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He was OK. Factual and pleasant enough but cut my husband off a few times on questions and would consider bedside manner so-so
Describe the protocols John Malo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Bravelle for sure and can't recall the rest. Didn't really amp things up round 2 after lackluster results round one, which was odd (and we did question it at the time with him)
Don't recall much. Nice enough but seemed to forget our info unless papers right there.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Facilities quite nice. Didn't accept our insurance (which DID have IVF coverage...they just didn't accept it!). Just so-so. If you are not feeling it after your first meeting here, move on quickly. This was 2015 and now there are even more clinics to choose from.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Don't recall IUI costs exactly; want to say around $5K? Main beef was that I IDID have insurance with infertility coverage, this office just didn't want to accept it so it was all out of pocket. Boooooo
Describe John Malo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
John Malo
St. Paul

Dr. Casey was always very kind and made us feel comfortable. Because of the size of the clinic, we rarely saw her and contact was minimal and primainly done through nurses. Having a different doctor perform each procedure was also hard as we had to put our trust into a new person each step of the way. I think it would have been a different if we were able to work with Dr. Casey more frequently.
Large clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota-Minneapolis]...long waits for appointments at times, and getting booked for an IVF cycle. Communication was good. Procedures and protocols were clear. Nurses were good about returning phone calls... Very large clinic Minimal contact with doctor Very rarely were changes made to standard protocol... Fresh ivf - about 15,000 Frozen transfer- about 5,000
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Casey is a caring doctor with a lot of expertise. Because of the size of the clinic, just be prepared to work with other doctors throughout your journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Large clinic...long waits for appointments at times, and getting booked for an IVF cycle. Communication was good. Procedures and protocols were clear. Nurses were good about returning phone calls
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Fresh ivf - about 15,000 Frozen transfer- about 5,000
Colleen Casey
Minneapolis
Felt he [Dr. Damario] had a good ideas on what to do, but felt like I did have PCOS and no one was addressing that. As a doctor we liked him, he was very straightforward, doesn’t sugar coat anything, but the Minneapolis office left us not trusting the CRM name.... Ask for a detailed plan of your protocol. We never got that. Just named meds that we would use, but not the dose or why.... Only met one of the nurses and she talked a bit about the meds and a schedule and what would happen the day of retrieval.
CRM doesn’t have a clear protocol that they show their patients. I always asked what IVF would look like for us and never was given a clean answer. I think they need to have more protocols written down to show patients during the initial visit....Smaller office than the Minneapolis location; felt he [Dr. Damario] knew our story a little better than our previous doctor....Only met one of the nurses and she talked a bit about the meds and a schedule and what would happen the day of retrieval.
Felt he had a good ideas on what to do, but felt like I did have PCOS and no one was addressing that. As a doctor we liked him, he was very straightforward, doesn’t sugar coat anything, but the Minneapolis office left us not trusting the CRM name.
Smaller office than the Minneapolis location; felt he knew our story a little better than our previous doctor.
Never given a protocol.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Did not have any billing issues.
I know that he was okay with twins.
St. Paul
He [Dr. Campbell] was never the one to see or call me, it was always nurses. He shrugged off my concerns and followed standard protocol only. When asked about a specific genetic concern I had discovered he dismissed it....Only did letrozole with trigger and then IUI. I had to ask to be put on progesterone despite my history of low levels in previous pregnancies.... He wasn’t worried when I triggered with several follicles bc he said my eggs were bad
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] was in a convenient location and very clean. It seemed well maintained and they validated parking so you didn’t have to pay. They could have offered water for nervous patients instead of old coffee though....It was a different nurse and radiology tech EVERY TIME. Some were great and some were awful....Lots of times the pharmacy didn’t get my prescription.
He was never the one to see or call me, it was always nurses. He shrugged off my concerns and followed standard protocol only. When asked about a specific genetic concern I had discovered he dismissed it.
He’s retired now so no.
He followed standard protocol, and brushed off my suggestions from the research I’d done.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic was in a convenient location and very clean. It seemed well maintained and they validated parking so you didn’t have to pay. They could have offered water for nervous patients instead of old coffee though.
I think it was around $500 per IUI excluding meds.
Describe Bruce Campbell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Lots of times the pharmacy didn’t get my prescription.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
I only met him twice. He seemed super cautious in his treatment protocol...Lots and lots of letrozole with and without IUI. I never had a positive pregnancy test....People [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] were nice but it wasn't clear they knew me or remembered my treatment plan.
The nurses would come in with the wrong charts, not have the treatment plan. I had to remind them of the current protocol and tell them the plans we had discussed in the previous appointment. It was a little scary....Disorganized, shabby, charged for parking and they had a rude receptionist.
I only met him twice. He seemed super cautious in his treatment protocol.
Be your own advocate.
People were nice but it wasn't clear they knew me or remembered my treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Disorganized, shabby, charged for parking and they had a rude receptionist.
Just general disorganization.

2021, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Damario] came to appointments not even knowing our names or any previous treatments or procedures that had occurred with us, even though he was the one completing them...He forgot to send orders multiple times causing our retrieval process to be postponed multiple months. Almost six months working with them without a single completed stimulation med cycle, let alone egg retrieval. After multiple egregious errors and repeated demonstration of disorganizationed business practice, we asked for our money back...
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] One of the most disorganized businesses I've ever worked with...Almost six months working with them without a single completed stimulation med cycle, let alone egg retrieval...complete lack of communication and also miscommunication, both with us and within their own company...nurse Jenn was a real positive during our negative experience at CRM. Both her and the main phlebotomist at the St. Paul location were genuine, caring, and kind...
Look elsewhere. If you are seeking an involved, dedicated, and committed fertility doctor who shows genuine concern, effort, and communication skills regarding treatment, then DO NOT settle for Mark Demario.
One of the most disorganized businesses I've ever worked with, which for a medical facility is inexcusable. The entire experience at CRM, St. Paul with Dr. Demario was discouraging and infuriating. Dr. Demario clearly takes on more patients than he can handle and didn't have a clue who we were at appointments. He came to appointments not even knowing our names or any previous treatments or procedures that had occurred with us, even though he was the one completing them. It was concerning to say the least. The biggest shock and disappointment was the complete lack of communication and also miscommunication, both with us and within their own company. He forgot to send orders multiple times causing our retrieval process to be postponed multiple months. Almost six months working with them without a single completed stimulation med cycle, let alone egg retrieval. After multiple egregious errors and repeated demonstration of disorganizationed business practice, we asked for our money back and have proceeded to work with RMIA. Even though we wasted our time, emotional well- being, and about $4,000 at CRM (coming away with literally nothing) we are so, so happy with RMIA. If you are looking for an involved, supportive, organized fertility experience then CRM and Dr. Demario in particular are not recommended.
At the St. Paul location ,nurse Jenn was a real positive during our negative experience at CRM. Both her and the main phlebotomist at the St. Paul location were genuine, caring, and kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
of the most disorganized businesses I've ever worked with, which for a medical facility is inexcusable. The entire experience at CRM, St. Paul with Dr. Demario was discouraging and infuriating. Dr. Demario clearly takes on more patients than he can handle and didn't have a clue who we were at appointments. He came to appointments not even knowing our names or any previous treatments or procedures that had occurred with us, even though he was the one completing them. It was concerning to say the least. The biggest shock and disappointment was the complete lack of communication and also miscommunication, both with us and within their own company. He forgot to send orders multiple times causing our retrieval process to be postponed multiple months. Almost six months working with them without a single completed stimulation med cycle, let alone egg retrieval. After multiple egregious errors and repeated demonstration of disorganizationed business practice, we asked for our money back and have proceeded to work with RMIA. Even though we wasted our time, emotional well- being, and about $4,000 at CRM (coming away with literally nothing) we are so, so happy with RMIA. If you are looking for an involved, supportive, organized fertility experience then CRM and Dr. Demario in particular are not recommended. As unhappy and brokenhearted we were about our experience at CRM, we have been equally overjoyed at how thoroughly and quickly RMIA has supported us. On a positive note, however, nurse Jenn was a real positive during our negative experience at CRM. Both her and the main phlebotomist at the St. Paul location were genuine, caring, and kind.

2017 - 2019, Successful
He made himself available via email and never made me feel bad if I reached out to him. He made me feel important and on this journey, you need someone like that because it is extremely taxing on your soul. ... Dr. Lebovic is a very kind and gentle soul. He is very honest and doesn’t tell you what you want to hear, instead he is a straight shooter but he has a way of doing so that is compassionate and empathetic.
They [CRM of MN] need to focus more on the patient and their experience. More hand holding...checking on the patient ....educating the patient on every step and what to expect. Don’t just assume we know. ... I dealt with several nurses throughout my journey. Some great but others not so great. ... I didn’t feel important. ... There were times I was so sad and confused and had no clue what was happening at all the ultrasounds leading up to the egg retrieval, and the nurses just treated you like cattle herding. Just another one girl and keep them moving.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Lebovic is a very kind and gentle soul. He is very honest and doesn’t tell you what you want to hear, instead he is a straight shooter but he has a way of doing so that is compassionate and empathetic. He is different from other physicians in the regard that he makes himself available to his patients via email. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me on my journey with IVF. There were many times I had a question and didn’t think I should have to spend $100 for a meeting to ask one question since I was already spending thousands and thousands on the ivf process. He made himself available via email and never made me feel bad if I reached out to him. He made me feel important and on this journey, you need someone like that because it is extremely taxing on your soul.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be prepared to go through a lot but know that you will have an honest doctor that will tell you the truth and support you all the way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr.Lebovic made me feel important no matter what time of day it was and no question was ever silly or bothersome to him. I could email him with concerns or questions and within 15 minutes he would respond to me. I felt secure knowing he was my doctor.
I dealt with several nurses throughout my journey. Some great but others not so great. There were times I was so sad and confused and had no clue what was happening at all the ultrasounds leading up to the egg retrieval, and the nurses just treated you like cattle herding. Just another one girl and keep them moving. I didn’t feel important. As a new person to IVF, I had no clue what to expect but I certainly didn’t feel like a special patient going through one of the hardest things ever in life and spending thousands of dollars.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They need to focus more on the patient and their experience. More hand holding...checking on the patient ....educating the patient on every step and what to expect. Don’t just assume we know. Don’t be afraid to stop the nurse and ask questions. They owe you the time and curtesy of making sure you feel secure about your choice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We spent over $50k. 2 IUI, 2 egg retrieval with 1 viable transfer, 2 blast through Cryos and 1 transfer.
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He was very honest with me about transfering only one. He said it would not be a good idea health wise but also it really would not increase my chances of success but rather increase my chances of multiples. And that would not be healthy for me at 40 years old
Dan Lebovic