Chaska
St. Paul
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118
651-379-3110

She [Dr. Meg Hopeman] was very kind and compassionate. We had a natural pregnancy before our transfer, which resulted in the stillbirth of our son Louis at 25 weeks. She was very kind...is very sincere, kind and compassionate, but CRM as a whole treats you like just a number. She listened, answered questions, and gave us a sense of hope during our FET cycle. She took the time to go over what the FET would look like, and gave us a recommendation on whether or not to transfer one or two embryos.
For an FET it runs about $5000 [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...The strengths is that you don’t have to wait a long time from your appointment time. Dr. Hopeman truly had compassion. You could always get an appointment time when you needed it. The weakness, you feel shuffled around and just a number. There is a lack of empathy from the entire staff. You’re dealing with super broken and vulnerable people, so it would be nice to feel welcomed.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I think Dr. Hopeman is very sincere, kind and compassionate, but CRM as a whole treats you like just a number. She listened, answered questions, and gave us a sense of hope during our FET cycle. She took the time to go over what the FET would look like, and gave us a recommendation on whether or not to transfer one or two embryos.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Bring a notebook full of questions to ask during the consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
She was very kind and compassionate. We had a natural pregnancy before our transfer, which resulted in the stillbirth of our son Louis at 25 weeks. She was very kind.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Birth Control for three weeks, Lupron, then Etrace, then PIO shots
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They are pretty cold. I did have one during my lining check that was very kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For an FET it runs about $5000.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
She said after a stillborn experience, we should only transfer one.
Meg Hopeman
Minneapolis
We met our doctor [Dr. Mark Damario] for our initial consultation and then after our ectopic pregnancy for a follow up and to see what our next game plan would be. He explained what our next steps will be cleary.... Letrazole 2.5 mg, ovidrel, and IUI-negative pregnancy results. Letrazole 5 mg, ovidrel, iui- positive pregnancy test that ended up ectopic. Will do the same protocol after a 3 month wait and hsg testing.
It [Center for Reproductive Med of MN- St. Paul] is a small clinic so if more specialized care is needed you will need to go to their Mpls office which is there main location. Clinic in st.paul is smaller, easy to get to, and parking is easy. Mpls office is larger in a shared building with a ramp.... You may have to go to their Mpls office for weekend visits or if you need trained techs to do your ultrasounds like I did. It wasn't a big deal for me to do so.
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
St.paul is a small office, but I don't mind that. We met our doctor for our initial consultation and then after our ectopic pregnancy for a follow up and to see what our next game plan would be. He explained what our next steps will be cleary.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
In the middle. We work with mostly nurses after the consultation.
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
There are many nurses so I feel like i'm always seeing/ meeting a new one but all have been helpful.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It is a small clinic so if more specialized care is needed you will need to go to their Mpls office which is there main location. Clinic in st.paul is smaller, easy to get to, and parking is easy. Mpls office is larger in a shared building with a ramp.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Around $1500 with medications, ultrasounds and IUI.
Mark Damario
St. Paul
Dr Campbell was always very kind in his approach...Very kind but direct doctor. I trusted him completely and would work with him again if he was not retired. He strongly encouraged us to transfer only one embryo and I’m glad that we did. We have him to thank for our two month old daughter. Although he created my treatment plan he did not perform either of my transfers...He is not taking new patients. He is retired.
the nursing and front desk staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is very hit or miss. Some of the staff are wonderful and some are incompetent and or show no compassion at all. Both of which I found incredibly frustrating...There were some wonderful nurses but overall my experience with the nursing staff was not positive. I didn’t always receive prompt calls back from the nurse line, nurses that saw me seemed confused about my treatment plan, some showed no compassion whatsoever.
How was your experience with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He is not taking new patients. He is retired.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr Campbell was always very kind in his approach. The way you were treated by the nurses at CRM. Ariel widely, however.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic has wonderful doctors and high success rates. That said, the nursing and front desk staff is very hit or miss. Some of the staff are wonderful and some are incompetent and or show no compassion at all. Both of which I found incredibly frustrating.
Describe Bruce Campbell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He has a strong preference for single embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nurses were sometimes confused about my protocol or gave me conflicting information that I had to clarify.
Bruce Campbell
Minneapolis

I just didn't get the compassionate care I was hoping for [from Dr. Colleen Casey] . I felt like she was rushing through a list and not caring so much about what I wanted, the appointments always felt rushed...I definitely didn't feel too important. She covered all the bases, explained everything it detail, it was just rushed. It was difficult sitting there and just feeling like a box she was checking off her list...The nurse who preformed my IUI was actually kind of rude
I didn't have a problem with the Clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] itself, it was a nice space. They could have been more interactive with people and not so rushed with one person to the next. You just feel like a number after awhile and not really cared for...The nurse who preformed my IUI was actually kind of rude, she made me feel very small because I didn't seem to know the exact date of my last pap. She made snarky comments and then preformed the IUI. I never felt to belittled
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
She was nice enough, I just didn't get the compassionate care I hoped for, I definitely didn't feel too important. She covered all the bases, explained everything it detail, it was just rushed. It was difficult sitting there and just feeling like a box she was checking off her list.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Ask questions in great detail, if you don't understand something tell her, be clear with your needs and wants.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I just didn't get the compassionate care I was hoping for. I felt like she was rushing through a list and not caring so much about what I wanted, the appointments always felt rushed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I didn't have a problem with the Clinic itself, it was a nice space. They could have been more interactive with people and not so rushed with one person to the next. You just feel like a number after awhile and not really cared for.
Colleen Casey
Minneapolis
When I had my miscarriage he [Dr. Lebovic] was on call with anything I needed...He's quiet and a tad awkward but it's because he's very into the medical breakdown and science behind his position. He's extremely caring and open to talk to. He's also very eager and active, he's happy to talk about any questions or jump on a phone call... 1. Met with him in his office 2. Nurse consult 3. Baseline tests 4. Mock transfer 5. Egg Retrieveal 6. Embryo Transfer 7. BETA 2 Weeks later
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota was] Extremely organized! They have the process down. Great doctors! I've loved all who have helped me. They need an online portal and ability to email nurses. Update the rooms to be a bit more welcoming...[nurses were] Very organized and prompt. However, would be nice to have a team dedicated to you instead of a new person each time.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Give him a chance
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
When I had my miscarriage he was on call with anything I needed.
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I only went to him for IVF. So here's that: 1. Met with him in his office 2. Nurse consult 3. Baseline tests 4. Mock transfer 5. Egg Retrieveal 6. Embryo Transfer 7. BETA 2 Weeks later
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He seems to favor single embryo transfer but that could be because of the quality of my eggs

2014 - 2016, Successful
I chose Dr. Kuneck after another clinic because I felt confident in his abilities. He is very experienced and understood my treatment goals. He was always direct which I appreciated and at the end of the day, I got my healthy singleton...I never felt like anyone in the clinic really knew who I was or cared too much about personally but they were responsive if I said I needed emotional support.
Don't go in [to the Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] expecting hand holding or warm and fuzzy. If you like direct and come in informed about your own treatment, you will have a better experience...The clinic is organized, clean, and comfortable. I always felt like they had up to date technology and were willing to spend money on the facilities. Also, they pay for parking which is a small thing but it is nice. My previous clinic charged for parking at every visit which was annoying and added up.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Don't go in expecting hand holding or warm and fuzzy. If you like direct and come in informed about your own treatment, you will have a better experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
The nurses are extremely organized and come in the room knowing the case and knowing the treatment plan.
Minneapolis
[Dr. Paul Kuneck's] a busy doctor so he doesn’t remember details about each patient but it does seem like he cares...is very kind, caring and thorough but he gets to the point. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything or leave anything out. He explains things appropriately and gives you time to ask questions as needed...We did IUI with Letrozole 2.5 x 2 for days 3-12 and used an Ovidrel trigger.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota is] Professional and clean. The staff seems to enjoy their jobs and they do everything that they can to make your appointment go as smoothly as possible. Good, easy scheduling process. Weekend hours for monitoring are great. Parking is sometimes hard to find downtown...[the nursing staff is] Very compassionate...Dr. Kuneck is very kind, caring and thorough but he gets to the point. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything or leave anything out. He explains things appropriately and gives you time to ask questions as needed.
Make a list of questions and take notes when you talk to him
He’s a busy doctor so he doesn’t remember details about each patient but it does seem like he cares
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We did IUI with Letrozole 2.5 x 2 for days 3-12 and used an Ovidrel trigger.
Very compassionate
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Paul Kuneck] is a kind man but very to the point. He explained things in good details to understand. I only met with him in the beginning and then to review the next steps. He was very thorough with explaining everything and procedures to me.... I had ultrasound on cd 2/3. I took femara cd 3-7. Follow up ultrasound on cd 10 w trigger shot. Then iui on day 12 w starting progesterone the next day. He said do 4 cycles and come back.
In mpls [Center for Reproductive Medicine-Minneapolis] I felt like a number. In St. Paul location I was a patient.... Mpls clinic was always late.... Nurses in St. Paul were amazing!! Always listened me to questions and concerns... I had ultrasound on cd 2/3. I took femara cd 3-7. Follow up ultrasound on cd 10 w trigger shot. Then iui on day 12 w starting progesterone the next day. He said do 4 cycles and come back.
He's a kind man but very to the point. He explained things in good details to understand. I only met with him in the beginning and then to review the next steps. He was very thorough with explaining everything and procedures to me.
He's to the point
In mpls I felt like a number. In St. Paul location I was a patient
Nurses in St. Paul were amazing!! Always listened me to questions and concerns
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Mpls clinic was always late
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I'm not sure, my insurance pays a lot
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic is very knowledgeable and explains the process well. He is very responsive to questions and is kind. His bedside manners are topnotch and is very aware of your personal situation so you dont feel like a number.... The doctors [Ctr for Reproductive Medicine in MN] are great, but sometimes the nurses and front desk staff seem unorganized. Some of the nurses are amazing, and some seem tired and unhelpful. Overall the clinic has your best interest in mind.
The doctors [Ctr for Reproductive Medicine in MN] are great, but sometimes the nurses and front desk staff seem unorganized. Some of the nurses are amazing, and some seem tired and unhelpful. Overall the clinic has your best interest in mind.... Dr. Lebovic is very knowledgeable and explains the process well. He is very responsive to questions and is kind. His bedside manners are topnotch and is very aware of your personal situation so you dont feel like a number.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The doctors are great, but sometimes the nurses and front desk staff seem unorganized. Some of the nurses are amazing, and some seem tired and unhelpful. Overall the clinic has your best interest in mind.
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Lebovic] was warm, honest, and upfront about our procedures and chances for success. The hardest meeting was our consultation after the chemical pregnancy. I know it's impossible to pinpoint why an IVF pregnancy fails, but it was hard to get a sense as to what happened, why, and why the next recommended steps could prevent it from happening. Post second transfer, the communication has again been great.
The doctors and nurses are professional. The care and technology is well above average. I think patients should be aware, however, that their doctor isn't necessarily the one performing their procedures. ... Overall, the nurses at CRM [of Minnesota] were excellent. They were organized, compassionate, and encouraging. I would describe only one or two of them as cold.
Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Lebovic. He was warm, honest, and upfront about our procedures and chances for success. After we had our chemical pregnancy with our first transfer, he made adjustments to our protocol which I tend to think are the reason why I'm pregnant today.
I think my advice to any IVF patient is to not hesitate to ask questions and to be your best advocate. There were times I had questions after meeting with Dr. Lebovic that weren't covered during our office visit, and he always got back to me right away via email.
Dr. Lebovic did a wonderful job reaching out to me throughout the retrieval/PGS process and when I had a chemical pregnancy with my first transfer (even when he was on vacation). The hardest meeting was our consultation after the chemical pregnancy. I know it's impossible to pinpoint why an IVF pregnancy fails, but it was hard to get a sense as to what happened, why, and why the next recommended steps could prevent it from happening. Post second transfer, the communication has again been great.
For the retrieval, I used Menopur, Gonal-F, Cetrotide, and the trigger shot. For my first frozen transfer, I was on birth control, Estrace and Endometrin. This transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. For my second frozen transfer, I was on birth control, Estrace, and progesterone-in-oil injections ("PIO"). This cycle ended in a current active pregnancy. Whether it's legitimate or not, I am convinced that I'm still pregnant because of PIO. I wish it had been offered as an option for my first cycle--and not just because I think it's a better source of progesterone. I prefer a once daily injection to three insertions of Endometrin. I also found the Endometrin to be irritating and the discharge was frankly gross. Finally, PIO is also cheaper. If my husband and I decide to transfer another embryo in the future, I will definitely be asking for PIO.
Overall, the nurses at CRM were excellent. They were organized, compassionate, and encouraging. I would describe only one or two of them as cold.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Based on success rates on SART, this clinic is the best one in the Twin Cities. The doctors and nurses are professional. The care and technology is well above average. I think patients should be aware, however, that their doctor isn't necessarily the one performing their procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Because we did PGS, Dr. Lebovic strongly encouraged eSET. Because we only wanted a single pregnancy, we did not object or seek to circumvent this recommendation.