Chaska
St. Paul
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118
651-379-3110

Dr Lebovic is great to work with. He contacted me in the wee hours of the morning when I was having symptoms of OHSS. He responded to an email on the weekend when I had found out I was having a miscarriage. He then reached out to me without prompting with ideas for the next cycle as he knew we were going to try again.... Dr Lebovic sincerely cares about his patients. He is available after hours and weekends and he directly contacts you back with results, good or bad.
Great clinic [Center for Reproductive Med of MN], very compassionate and sensitive. They do have a sign that says no children allowed due to the sensitive nature, but on two appointments there were children in the office. Parking can be tight, but they do give you tokens for their ramp.... They were all great to work with. It seemed you worked with the same team of nurses for all your appointments. When I did get a positive ultrasound confirmation they all said see you in two years. I think that was due to us having embryos left. We did not plan on having more than one child, but it wasn't a big deal. I did miscarry so we will be seeing them asap.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Ask anything at any time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval included many medications, shots and otherwise. FET transfer was estradiol and endometrin along with baby aspirin. Protocol will be changing to PIO for the next FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Great clinic, very compassionate and sensitive. They do have a sign that says no children allowed due to the sensitive nature, but on two appointments there were children in the office. Parking can be tight, but they do give you tokens for their ramp.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The costs varied based on treatment and insurance coverage. They are very upfront and state all costs before you start and it is on the website.
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He strongly suggested in my case we transfer one and gave pros and cons for both.
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Colleen Casey] has been nice, warm and welcoming and made us feel like it was their priority to get us pregnant. She was honest in answering the questions I had for her during our consult as well, which I appreciate completely.... I just wish we could hear back from her directly, so further questions could be answered in a phone call rather than waiting for a nurse to talk to her and then call back, or waiting for the next conference.
[The Center for Reproductive Med of MN-Minneapolis is] Very warm environment with calming colors and decor in the waiting room and patient rooms. Warm and welcoming staff, including the people at the front desk. Lab techs and ultrasound techs are also very nice and knowledgeable. Busy with patient activity and tests being done.... Every person we encountered was very nice, greeting with a smile. We always felt welcomed wherever we entered.
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I just wish we could hear back from her directly, so further questions could be answered in a phone call rather than waiting for a nurse to talk to her and then call back, or waiting for the next conference. She has been nice, warm and welcoming and made us feel like it was their priority to get us pregnant. She was honest in answering the questions I had for her during our consult as well, which I appreciate completely.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be prepared to ask questions at your consult, and possibly not hear much from her until the conference scheduled or a procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I understand their clinic is very busy with patients, and that nurses may be the ones calling us back with answers to our questions. We had our consult and other questions I have had have been answered by a message, the nurses checking with C.C. and then calling me back.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We are just starting out, and my husband has male factor infertility so she explained possible treatment options depending on what the urologist comes up with...but most likely IVF will be our best bet. We also talked about possible further treatments if other things were found.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
So far, what I know of what we will have to pay is the tests we have had done. IVF is very much in our future and I'm needing information on that yet, but we were waiting to see what the urologist says and we have a conference with C.C. at the end of October.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I still have not heard what my AMH level was, although I received a bill for the test.
Minneapolis

We [with Dr. Colleen Casey] did Letrozole so I would produce more eggs and we did a trigger shot so we would know exactly when to do IUI and have it timed out great to give me the best chance. In having unexplained secondary infertility for more then 3 years now timing is so very crucial for me to get things right.... I think she was really great listening and showing compassion. She takes your thoughts and opinions and really cares. I felt like we were a team with the same goal and that made me feel positive. I feel good after I speak to her and she gives me hope.
The strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN- Minneapolis] are the doctors and nurses seem to really love what they do ❤️ It’s a positive vibe when you walk in and I live that. They could have more administrative staff helping with scheduling, paperwork, insurance questions as I felt like that was a bit rushed and a little chaotic. Also when calling they seemed rushed like they were experiencing too many calls and needed more staff.
I think she was really great listening and showing compassion. She takes your thoughts and opinions and really cares. I felt like we were a team with the same goal and that made me feel positive. I feel good after I speak to her and she gives me hope. I wish she would have been more active with the actual procedure (IUI) or explained who would do what as that was a little confusing. I feel like she cares about you as a person not just a patient looking to make money off of you.
Ask tons of questions and do research prior to your appointment so you know what to ask and definitely don’t feel shy asking about prices of different treatment routes.
She listened to me and asked me my thoughts on treatment routes and really cared about me as a person.
We did Letrozole so I would produce more eggs and we did a trigger shot so we would know exactly when to do IUI and have it timed out great to give me the best chance. In having unexplained secondary infertility for more then 3 years now timing is so very crucial for me to get things right.
The nursing staff was great and explained things so well. They answered any questions and seemed very confident in what they were doing and made you feel absolutely comfortable when I was very anxious and high stress. The reassurance I felt was fabulous!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The strengths are the doctors and nurses seem to really love what they do ❤️ It’s a positive vibe when you walk in and I live that. They could have more administrative staff helping with scheduling, paperwork, insurance questions as I felt like that was a bit rushed and a little chaotic. Also when calling they seemed rushed like they were experiencing too many calls and needed more staff.
The IUI was about 1,200 and the Letrozole was 10$ covered by my insurance. The trigger shot was 260$ and was not covered by insurance and was a big hassle to get delivered as it came from a special pharmacy.
Minneapolis

We started with follustrom treatments for the first 3 IUIs [with Dr. Colleen Casey]. After all three came back failed we met with her (after waiting 2 months to get in to meet with her) and she kind of asked what we wanted to do next. Our insurance covers some of the IUIs and I told her I wanted to try something else because what we were doing wasn't working. For this upcoming cycle I'll be starting on menipur instead.
Easy parking [at Center for Reproductive Med-Minneapolis], front desk staff are nice (but don't remember to tell you if you should empty your bladder, have it full, etc.) Sometimes staff seems a little too professional/it would be nice to get a smile or two in this tough world.... It would be nice to see the same one. They have all been nice. But with each appointment and each IUI I have had someone different. The only staff that has stayed the same is for blood draw and ultrasound tech. The nurses have sometimes seemed confused as to what medications are being used for the current cycle.
She seems very nice but I'm not fully convinced that we have explored all of the testing options. I would like to see her dive into our case more rather than just label us as "unexplained." Being that we have only met with her twice I would love communication even via email all the way. To know more of our numbers/stats/and potential to mix up treatment a bit.
Stick up for yourself. Ask her all the potential treatment options and fight to have them done even if she's not certain about them.
Because of her schedule we were not able to do a consultation with her after the 3 failed IUIs which resulted in taking a break from treatment until after we could meet with her. Other than before starting treatment and meeting with her after the 3 we had no direct communication from her.
We started with follustrom treatments for the first 3 IUIs. After all three came back failed we met with her (after waiting 2 months to get in to meet with her) and she kind of asked what we wanted to do next. Our insurance covers some of the IUIs and I told her I wanted to try something else because what we were doing wasn't working. For this upcoming cycle I'll be starting on menipur instead.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Easy parking, front desk staff are nice (but don't remember to tell you if you should empty your bladder, have it full, etc.) Sometimes staff seems a little too professional/it would be nice to get a smile or two in this tough world.
When the dr switched over my drug protocol this last time it sounded like it wasn't documented in the chart. Which just made my last visit a little confusing.
Minneapolis

The nursing staff at CRM Minneapolis are wonderful. I haven't had a bad interaction with any of them. They are very good at what they do, and show a lot of care toward their patients.... CRM Minneapolis is a large clinic and they have the capacity to treat a lot of patients. The clinic is run very smoothly, and they seem to provide very good care. From what I understand they also have a great embryology lab, which is important. The only minor downside is that you can sometimes feel like a number - doctors don't have a lot of time as they are spread out. I don't think this leads to worse care - just something to keep in mind.
Dr. Lebovic is clearly a highly trained doctor, knows the science, and cares about his patients and the outcomes everyone is trying to achieve. There have been a few times where I felt Dr. Lebovic wasn't up to speed on communications I had had with nursing staff or certain things that had been changed/ordered - it felt as if he hadn't read my files before talking to me and was proceeding with certain things before confirming with me. I think he just needs to take a little more time with patients. It can be a bit unnerving when you have to remind your doctor about certain things.
Be very clear about what you want and don't be afraid to speak up/advocate for yourself.
CRM Minneapolis is a large clinic. My sense is they provide high quality fertility/infertility care. Because there are so many patients it's natural that doctor's and staff have limited time with patients.
Antagonist retrieval protocol: estradiol, Menopur, GonalF, Cetrotide, Ovidrel (trigger shot)
~$25,000 for one retrieval cycle and one transfer
Dr. Lebovic leans toward eSET but is open to transferring 2 embryos depending on a patient's situation.
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Paul Kuneck] is very direct and information focused. There isn't a lot of "touchy-feely" stuff with him, just facts. This was helpful for us because we didn't want to feel like we were being coddled, we wanted to know the facts of our situation even if the facts were difficult to hear.... I didn't actually see Dr. Kuneck often during the time I was his patient which made me feel like just another patient or statistic. But when I did see him he made me feel less like a statistic so it averaged out.
Some of the nurses [at Center for Reproductive Med-MN]were amazing- very kind and compassionate and understanding of how challenging and painful the situation could be. Some nurses were not as kind, or had personality types that weren't as understanding, and eould leave me feeling worse about things.... The clinic is in a good location in downtown Minneapolis and parking is free. Most of the people (scheduling, secretaries, lab staff, nursing staff) are very nice. The person in the billing office is very rude.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He is very direct and information focused. There isn't a lot of "touchy-feely" stuff with him, just facts. This was helpful for us because we didn't want to feel like we were being coddled, we wanted to know the facts of our situation even if the facts were difficult to hear.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He is great at what he does but don't expect a lot of emotion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I did 5 cycles of Femara with trigger shots. The first cycle required 5 mg femara on cycle days 5-9 and 20-24 then a trigger on day 29 of novarel; this was unsuccessful. The second cycle was 7.5 mg of femara on cycle day 3-7 then a trigger shot with novarel on day 16; this was unsuccessful. Cycle 3 was 7.5 mg of femara on cycle day 3-9 and ovidrel trigger on day 14; this was unsuccessful. Cycle 4 was 7.5 mg of femara on cycle day 3-9 and ovidrel trigger on day 13; this was unsuccessful. Cycle 5 was 7.5 mg of femara on cycle day 3-10 the ovidrel trigger on day 12; this was also unsuccessful. I also used progesterone suppositories during all these cycles between the expected ovulation date svc the date of a negative pregnancy test. We then moved on to our first IVF cycle with menopur and gonal-f on cycle day 2-9, added Ganirelix on day 8-9, triggered with hcg on day 9, egg retrieval on day 11, and day 3 embryo transfer on day 14. I had 3 eggs at the time of retrieval which I was told was unexpected (I'd had 12+ mature follicles at the ultrasound immediately prior to retrieval. Two of the eggs fertilized and were transferred. I then used minivelle patches and endometrin inserts. This IVF cycle was successful and I am currently 11 weeks pregnant.
Some of the nurses were amazing- very kind and compassionate and understanding of how challenging and painful the situation could be. Some nurses were not as kind, or had personality types that weren't as understanding, and eould leave me feeling worse about things.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Oral medications with triggers were around $150 per cycle. IVF medications were $2000. Ultrasounds were around $50 after my insurance (needed 3-7 per cycle). We chose to use the Attain program for our IVF cycles which was $20,000 (in the end we only needed one cycle so this wouldn't have been necessary).
Describe Paul Kuneck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They transferred 2 embryos because that was all we had. Had there been more we would have been able to decide whether we wanted to transfer one or two.
I requested that the prescription for my IVF medications be sent to a few pharmacies so I could compare prices (these medications are VERY expensive). It took a few calls to get them to actually send the prescriptions to all the places I requested. They also made a dosage change on a medication I am on and there was some issue with the new dosage order being sent to the pharmacy.
Minneapolis

Dr. Kuneck's office is a business-like setting. He verbally reviewed my medical history but did not review, at least not in front of me, the several page packet I filled out about my medical and family history. With the exception of one time, he got back to me promptly an encouraged me to call with other questions.... He sees a large volume of patients which has at times made me feel like a number, but also provides him with a lot of experience. I am a person that likes to know the "why's" of he treaments and know the impacts of my body beyond attempting pregnancy. I felt that I had to advocate for myself to get through answers to these questions, at times.
Everything [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is located in one location. Parking is free. Once you are an extavlished patient, appointments are generally easy to get. They do a benefits check for you. There are free educational sessions on the IVF process that are open to the public. The nurse line always goes to voicemail, but they always call back.... Basic IVF procedures are roughly $9000, with additional costs for freezing, genetic testing​, etc. Monitoring appointments are charged separately. Shared risk plans are offered.
Dr. Kuneck is clearly is an expert in his field. He sees a large volume of patients which has at times made me feel like a number, but also provides him with a lot of experience. I am a person that likes to know the "why's" of he treaments and know the impacts of my body beyond attempting pregnancy. I felt that I had to advocate for myself to get through answers to these questions, at times.
Write down and ask any questions you may have.
I utilized letrozole and ovidrel for 2 IUI cycles. I did ovulate, but pregnancy was not achieved. I will be attempting IVF with a low dose protocol.
All the the nurses were very knowledgeable. Most nurses were very warm, though I was only asked how I was feeling during a small percentage of my appointments. They are very focused on the medical treatments. They had good tips for obtaining medications and it was clear they hoped we would achieve pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Everything is located in one location. Parking is free. Once you are an extavlished patient, appointments are generally easy to get. They do a benefits check for you. There are free educational sessions on the IVF process that are open to the public. The nurse line always goes to voicemail, but they always call back.
Dr. Kuneck seemed to favor single embryo transfer due to my age and predicted success. We were in agreement on this. He also provided education verbally and in written form regarding risks of multiples.
A certain lab result was within normal limits and presented to me as such. However, in later months, I was told these were significant for leading to another diagnosis. I felt misinformed and that I had lost precious time for trying to conceive.
Minneapolis

My experiences with Dr. Hopeman have been largely positive. As a scientist myself, I appreciate receiving highly detailed information on my labwork, diagnosis, treatment, etc. Dr. Hopeman has been willing to provide these detailed explanations in a compassionate way. She has been available to speak by phone or meet in person as needed. In the course of a regular IUI cycle, however, I do not see her. I do, however, feel that Dr. Hopeman pushes IVF somewhat.
I think this clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN] is geared towards IVF patients, and, as someone undergoing IUI cycles, I felt a bit of a second-class citizen. The clinic set up did not enable me to feel that I was receiving personalized care.... Each nurse I interacted with seemed competent and friendly, but over the course of nine visits, I believe I met with eight different nurses. The lack of continuity was a huge problem for me, and made me feel a bit like part of an assembly line. I felt that because the nurses didn't know me and my medical situation personally their clinical judgments were based on their experiences overall, and were not tailored to my situation.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be very clear with her about what your boundaries are in terms of types of treatments you are willing to consider, and tell her what level of detail you would like in terms of scientific information about diagnosis, testing, and treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Hopeman is very caring and treats me like a person, but I generally only see nurses when I go in for monitoring and IUIs. Over nine visits I saw seven or eight different nurses. The lack of continuity in nursing care made me feel like a number in many of my daily interactions at the clinic.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
My first two cycles with Dr. Hopeman I had baseline ultrasound monitoring on cycle day 3, took letrozole (10mg) from cycle day 3 - 7, went in on cycle day 11 for a monitoring ultrasound, triggered that night (ovidrel) for IUI the morning of cycle day 13. I used progesterone suppositories during the luteal phase. My next cycle I will have estradiol measured on day 3, try clomid instead of letrozole, wait until cycle 12 for monitoring, and double the dose of ovidrel for triggering. The morning of the IUI and the following morning I will have progesterone measured to check the timing of ovulation, and I will again take progesterone suppositories during the luteal phase.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think this clinic is geared towards IVF patients, and, as someone undergoing IUI cycles, I felt a bit of a second-class citizen. The clinic set up did not enable me to feel that I was receiving personalized care. I do however think that the treatment provided is high quality and the facilities are fantastic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
An IUI cycle cost approximately $1,500 (including drugs), without insurance coverage.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
No comments.
With one of my cycles I had a cyst, and I received conflicting information from a nurse and from my doctor about risks vs. benefits of proceeding with the cycle. At the point of triggering for that cycle, it was also unclear if the larger follicle was the cyst or a new follicle, and again I received conflicting information on this. I also requested specific bloodwork that was not performed and I had to request it a second time.
Minneapolis

You can tell Dr. Lebovic is busy because his responses are generally short in emails but he is very responsive. He always responds to my messages within about 15 minutes of me sending which is impressive. When I got OHSS he checked in with me daily for weeks and always asked how I was doing.... The only thing I would mention that has been mildly frustrating is that he has a somewhat conflicting viewpoint on our diagnosis as my 2 of my other OBs.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Med of Minnesota] overall is great. The only thing I don't like is the nurseline. You are unable to get a nurse on the phone and have to leave a message and have them call you back. When they call you back (usually hours later or even the next day depending on when you call) and if you miss the call, you have to call in again and leave a message all over again and wait again for a call back many hours later. This phone tag format is stressful for IVF and infertility.
He is very responsive to email and always answers questions right away and directly. He is quiet and patient and seems to really care.During consults you don't feel rushed and he makes sure that you have time to ask all the questions you have. When I had complications with my retrieval after hyper stimulating he checked in with me daily asking how I was doing and was always available to talk to me or the hospital. I've been really happy working with him. The only thing I would mention that has been mildly frustrating is that he has a somewhat conflicting viewpoint on our diagnosis as my 2 of my other OBs. We are diagnosed as Unexplained Infertility but Dr. Lebovic seems to think I might also have very mild PCOS despite the fact that I do not meet the diagnosis requirements for PCOS. I personally don't think I have PCOS and neither do 2 different doctors I've seen. This hasn't gotten in the way of my treatment to my knowledge because the protocol would remain the same but it has been frustrating at times being my own advocate making sure we are on the right path.
If you are looking for a cheerleader, moral support type doctor he is probably not a good fit for your needs. But if you want someone who gets to the point, is very responsive, and clearly cares about you and your well being he will be a great fit.
You can tell Dr. Lebovic is busy because his responses are generally short in emails but he is very responsive. He always responds to my messages within about 15 minutes of me sending which is impressive. When I got OHSS he checked in with me daily for weeks and always asked how I was doing. He is calm and doesn't make you feel rushed when you are asking questions about treatment.
For all 6 IUIs: - Protocol remained the same because I was appropriately responsive - 2.5 mg letrozole days 3-7 and HCG trigger. Resulted in 2 mature follicles each time. For IVF: resulted in 33 eggs retreived and 7 blastocycts - Birth control as a down regulation - Stimulation was 75 IU Menopur and 150 Gonal - F (Gonal - F dosage went down to 75 after first ultrasound because I was very responsive) - Ganirelix once follicles were getting mature - Trigger was dual Lupron and HCG to prevent OHSS - Was also given cabergoline to help prevent OHSS * I only did 8 days of stims before triggering because I was so responsive and I still got OHSS Frozen Embryo Transfer: Still in progress - birth control for down regulation - Estrace pills and baby aspirin - Progesterone suppositories
CRM uses a team of multiple nurses so you do not have one specifically assigned. All have been very helpful, knowledgeable, and kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic overall is great. The only thing I don't like is the nurseline. You are unable to get a nurse on the phone and have to leave a message and have them call you back. When they call you back (usually hours later or even the next day depending on when you call) and if you miss the call, you have to call in again and leave a message all over again and wait again for a call back many hours later. This phone tag format is stressful for IVF and infertility. Otherwise the clinic is great. The scheduling staff is good, you can always get someone (besides nurses) on the phone. The financial coordinator Stephanie is very helpful and will go out of her way to help you troubleshoot any issues. The nurses are great. The office is clean and generally you don't have to wait too long in the waiting room.
$10,000 single cycle IVF without PGS not including medication or monitoring which is billed separately. Without insurance each ultrasound for monitoring is around $500.
Dr. Lebovic feels we should do 1 embryo at a time based on our age and the fact this is our first IVF cycle. We agree with his advice.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
When I actually met with Dr. Casey, she was very personable. She was encouraging, although I wish she would have been more blunt and provided more realistic expectations. At times, I feel like she is encouraging so I will continue to spend money, even though it's probaby not likely to work. Also, from what I have learned, my treatment plan is the same as every one else - so not very personable.
The nurses, ultrasound techs, and lab techs [Center for Reproductive Med] have been great! Very compassionate and willing to answer questions. Some at the front desk are friendlier than others. No one was rude or unhelpful - just some were less personable.... I feel that overall, the clinic is very busy, so it can be difficult to get a preferred appointment time, and the process seems to take a while just to be fit in to start each process.
I chose Dr. Casey because she was relateable - having children close to my age, being female. When I first met with Dr. Casey she was very encouraging and explained everything very well. However, I wish she would have encouraged donar eggs sooner, as my AMH level was very low.
Consider all of your options (donar eggs, adoption, etc.) in the beginning because the process rarely works the first time and can be very lengthy. Also, the treatment is mentally and financially exhausting. I don't think the mental side effects were fully explained to me.
With my own eggs, I was on bc to get my cycle in line with theirs. Then I was on Lupron for 10 days, then started Menopur in the a.m. and Follistem in the evening. During this time I had ultrasounds and bloodwork every other day. Took HCG prior to retrieval. Then, started endometrin twice a day and did day 5 transfer with fresh embryo. After transfer, started Vivelle patches and continue Endometrin. Unsuccessful. Switched to donar eggs with fresh transfer. Birth control to coordinate my cycle with donor. Lupron for 10 days. Then reduce Lupron (but continue) and start Estrace 3 times/day. After a couple of weeks, start Endometrin 3 times/day and Doxyclycline 2 times/day. Transferred only 1 embryo (per doctors very strong recommendation). Resulted in pregnancy, and then miscarriage after 4 weeks. Currently doing frozen embryo transfer with donor eggs. Started birth control to coordinate with clinic schedule. Lupron 20 U for 10 days. Drop to 5 U Lupron for 10 days and start Estrace (with Lupron) for approximately 21 days. Will also do Endometrin approximately 5 days prior to transfer and after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: DeNae M)
The nurses, ultrasound techs, and lab techs have been great! Very compassionate and willing to answer questions. Some at the front desk are friendlier than others. No one was rude or unhelpful - just some were less personable.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The nurses, ultrasound techs, and lab techs are great. They are very sensitive, caring, and compassionate. I feel that overall, the clinic is very busy, so it can be difficult to get a preferred appointment time, and the process seems to take a while just to be fit in to start each process.
It was approximately $21,000 for IVF cycle with my own eggs, approximately $25,000 for cycle with donor eggs, and approximately $5,000 for frozen transfer. Medication was an additional $1,000-$4,000 per cycle.
Describe Colleen Casey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
In talking with nurse and doctor Casey, I was encouraged to transfer 2 for higher success rate, understanding risk of multiples. Day of transfer, Dr. Kuneck was only willing to transfer 1 embryo because of high quality embryo. It was not successful, so I wish I would have done 2. Now doing FET with plan to transfer 2 embryos.
Minneapolis

You are not assigned an individual nurse here and this is a large clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine]. This means that every time you go in you are dealing with a new person. When things come up there is no easy access point. You can call the nurse line but you will consistently be directed to the voicemail system and can expect to wait all day for a call back. When you do get a call you should be prepared for the nurse to be entirely unfamiliar with your case and to have 'skimmed' your voicemail at best.
Dr. Lebovic is obviously intelligent and takes a very evidence-based approach to treatment. He is a fine choice for standardized care if you are a straightforward case. If not, however, you may find yourself frustrated as there is limited openness to tweaking protocols, adding supplements, etc. Dr. Lebovic tries to connect and is very responsive (called/emailed immediately with test results and to answer questions) but his bedside manner is lacking in warmth. I'm not typically one that needs a lot of warmth, in fact I am sometimes irritated by it! But his was just such an anxious, cold presentation that it made me uncomfortable and added to the stress of it all. Infertility treatment is stressful enough, do yourself a favor and only choose to work with a provider that you feel good about!
Give him a shot, perhaps your personalities will jive better than mine did with him. Be prepared to ask a lot of direct questions and receive very brief answers. Don't hesitate to reach out to him for guidance as needed as he is happy to help.
Dr. Lebovic does his best to be a clear communicator and to be responsive. The problem is just that there is no sense of warmth. He is neutral in every way one can imagine. Flat affect, flat intonation, provides limited opinions and observations, etc. We could tell he was trying but it was just all very cold.
Birth control leading into things. Antagonist protocol (ganirelix) + 300IU Follistim + 150IU Menopur. Ovidrel trigger. The rationale for using this protocol was never explained to me.
You are not assigned an individual nurse here and this is a large clinic. This means that every time you go in you are dealing with a new person. When things come up there is no easy access point. You can call the nurse line but you will consistently be directed to the voicemail system and can expect to wait all day for a call back. When you do get a call you should be prepared for the nurse to be entirely unfamiliar with your case and to have 'skimmed' your voicemail at best. I had mutliple experiences where the nurses called back and provided inaccurate information about my case which instills very little confidence. When I lost a pregnancy it was very difficult to reach anyone for help about what to do and when I finally did the contact was neutral at best.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic is a factory. There are quite a few doctors, a lot of nurses, and many, many patients. This means that it is very unlikely that you will see your identified provider after the initial consult or that you will notice many familiar faces at your appointments. On egg retrieval and transfer days you could have any provider in the practice assigned to you and, be warned, they do not all have superb bedside manner. This results in unecessary stress on very important days. This is also a clinic that schedules cycles quite far out (2+months after consult) and seems to run patients in 'batches' meaning that they may have you on birth control for months to sync up your cycle with their schedule.
The actual cycle was about $14,000. Meds were probably another $3000.
Prefers eSET but open to multiple embryo transfer when appropriate.
Failed to receive test results until I reached out to them. Received conflicting information from the nurses and my doctor.
Minneapolis

Dr. Kuneck is very direct and upfront with his recommendations. He did a lovely job of balancing giving his opinion with also giving space for my husband and I to make decisions. I am still in the course of my first IVF treatment, but I really appreciate his honesty and optimism. Dr. Kuneck also was quite comfortable with moving straight to IVF rather than spending time on IUIs that would only marginally increase my chances of success.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN] has been incredibly responsive to my questions and concerns. I had some initial insurance issues and they were very supportive along the way and helped me make sure that I got all of my medications on time.... I do not see my doctor on every visit and I understand for some people that would be a problem. I do know that my doctor is very actively involved though and reviews my case each time I get bloodwork or have an ultrasound done. I think the clinic runs efficiently.
I would say be open to any option. Dr. Kuneck wants you to achieve success but will also defer to your decisions.
Dr. Kuneck is very direct but kind in his manner. He's incredibly knowledgeable and always makes me feel welcome.
This is my first IVF cycle, so we decided to go with the typical course knowing that it might take a cycle or two to figure out how my body responds. I am still in my cycle. I did 22 days of bcp, on day 19 on bcp I started Lupron. Then I began menopur and gonal f on day 11 of lupron. On day 3 of STIMS I went in for bloodwork and then had my dosages adjusted. My next step is an ultrasound and blood work on day 5 of STIMS.
The nursing staff has been incredibly responsive to my questions and concerns. I had some initial insurance issues and they were very supportive along the way and helped me make sure that I got all of my medications on time.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic has many strengths. I have found the nursing team and doctors to be incredibly supportive and informative. I do not see my doctor on every visit and I understand for some people that would be a problem. I do know that my doctor is very actively involved though and reviews my case each time I get bloodwork or have an ultrasound done. I think the clinic runs efficiently.
I have a strong insurance package but this requires reimbursement. Medications cost $2000 so far (after insurance reimbursement) and I needed to pay up-front $10000 for the IVF cycle.
No comments
Minneapolis

I didn't get to see Dr. Casey much throughout our fresh cycle. All of the ultrasounds scans, med modifications, and communication is done through the nursing staff. In addition, Dr. Casey was not the physician who performed the egg retrieval or the transfer of our embryos.... Dr. Casey is very knowledgeable and passionate about helping couples become parents. When our fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy, she personally called me to discuss the results, what potentially happened, and what our next steps forward would look like.
The nursing staff handles most, if not all, the communication between patient and doctor. It is nice to be able to talk with the nurse after each appointment to discuss current plan and any changes that may need to be made by the doctor. One weakness about the nursing staff at CRM, is that they often times don't call back the same day to answer important questions or respond to time sensitive information (i.e. got my period - when should I start birth control pills, etc.).
Dr. Casey is very knowledgeable and passionate about helping couples become parents. When our fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy, she personally called me to discuss the results, what potentially happened, and what our next steps forward would look like. She was positive and reassuring that we would some day be parents.
Ask ALOT of questions and be sure you really understand the plan - the only dumb question is the one not asked!!
I didn't get to see Dr. Casey much throughout our fresh cycle. All of the ultrasounds scans, med modifications, and communication is done through the nursing staff. In addition, Dr. Casey was not the physician who performed the egg retrieval or the transfer of our embryos. That was disappointing.
We had an antagonist protocol for our first egg retrieval cycle. I was on the lowest dose of stimulation meds. My meds included: 75 units of Menopur & 150 iu of Follistim. I stimulated extremely quickly and already had 5 mature eggs at my first ultrasound (stim day 5). I hadn't started the antagonist (Ganirelix) until immediately after that first ultrasound. However, I was a little worried that I stimulated so quickly - would they be good quality eggs? would my lining be ready to accept a transfer? ... At my ultrasound the next day, I had 8 mature eggs so they decided to have me trigger that night. I triggered with 10,000iu of HCG. I was also a little concerned that there wasn't any lining checks or measurements throughout the process of this fresh cycle. Overall, the process was pretty seamless. I was lucky and didn't have many side effects or discomfort during stimulation or after retrieval.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They take confidentiality seriously - but that also gives off a cold and secluded vibe. This could also be due to the nature that is infertility - a silent battle for each couple. The scheduling/office staff is always friendly and returns phone calls promptly.
Baseline Ultrasound ($263 ea.) - 1 Follow-Up Ultrasounds ($216 ea.) - 2 Office Visits ($89 ea.) - ? Labs ($181 ea.) - 3 Egg Retrieval - $3791 Embryo Transfer - $1669 Embryo Culture - $1810 Identification - $680 Anesthesia - $374 ICSI - $1200 Cryopreservation of Embryos - $1200 Ultrasounds (retrieval and transfer) - $635 Lab prep for transfer - $450 Medications - $2850.84
The doctor who did our transfer didn't put up much of a fight or invite any sort of discussion around the topic. We only had 1 blastocyst at day 5 (transfer day) and a less mature morula (day 4 cell). He also said that we likely wouldn't have any that made it to freeze. So... we decided to transfer 2 because that increased our chance of getting at least one by 10%. He didn't give us any explanation about why he only recommended an eSET and just said, "it's up to you". This was disappointing - especially now on the other side of transfer still not pregnant. In addition, I have done an incredible (spent HOURS on google) amount of researching on the best route and why - something that should be presented as pro's and con's at time of transfer.
Minneapolis

I only saw Dr. Lebovic once during my whole time at CRM and that was the initial appointment -which felt very rushed and rehearsed/scripted/same things told to everyone. I saw different doctors for each procedure but I never had him for anything even though he was my "doctor."...He is very blunt and to the point with questions and concerns...Kind of a move em in-ship 'em out feeling.
I wish that I didn't have to leave a message every time I had a question and *hope* for a call back the same day [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. Most of the time it was the next day and I never got the same person. I know some are assigned one, they can email questions, etc at other clinics...I know that CRM is a busy clinic but I never felt like I talked to the same person hardly ever. I never got to know any of the doctors or nurses as I talked to/saw someone different every time. Kind of a move em in-ship 'em out feeling.
He is very blunt and to the point with questions and concerns.
All of the nurses that I talked to worked with were nice, I just wish I was assigned one vs speaking with multiple nurses about everything. I never got the same one.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think the hard thing going into IVF is your expectations vs what happens. I have a couple friends who went through IVF and then just being in IVF groups you see how other clinics do things. I wish that I didn't have to leave a message every time I had a question and *hope* for a call back the same day. Most of the time it was the next day and I never got the same person. I know some are assigned one, they can email questions, etc at other clinics.
I believe I paid around 21,000 when all was said and done.
We were told we could only transfer one the entire time we were going through our process and then on transfer day they said we could do two if we wanted.
Just wish there was more open communication with nurses/doctors, etc at this clinic. I also wish I had more compassion from them when I had my miscarriage. You spend $$$$ and then to go through a miscarriage and be brushed off is hard and it hurts. I felt like they wanted to rush into my next transfer right away.
Minneapolis
She is a fantastic listener. She is kind yet honest and straight forward. Every time we met with her, she took time to sit down and be sure our questions were answered. We never felt rushed. I have, and will continue to, recommend her to anyone I know... For IUI we started with letrozole 7.5mg. I responded quite quickly and with many follicles. The next cycle we adjusted my dose to 5mg and got a more regulated response. We then moved to follistim (can't remember dose) and had good response to that as well. When we moved to IVF we used an antagonist protocol. We started with follistim and menopur. On day 4, we added ganirelix. I was about to stim for 10 days and had 21 follicles retrieved!
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Med of MN] is very easy to work with and it is very easy to schedule appointments. Everyone is kind and receptive. The receptionists are kind and helpful. The phlebotomists are very talented. The ultrasound techs are very nice and personable... Nurses were always kind and understanding. I received calls back when I called in for questions. They were always interested in our success
Make sure you ask questions. She is so helpful, so just advocate for yourself and she will support you.
She knew our story. She knew who we were as people and what we have gone through on our journey to parenthood. She was very interested in our opinions in our treatment
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is very easy to work with and it is very easy to schedule appointments. Everyone is kind and receptive. The receptionists are kind and helpful. The phlebotomists are very talented. The ultrasound techs are very nice and personable
I believe IVF with ICSI and storage of frozen embryos was about 15-18000
She is so willing to listen to your concerns. The clinic obviously prefers single embryo transfers but if you are willing to have a discussion showing why you want to transfer two and show that there has been a lot of thought into this decision, they are quite understanding
Colleen Casey
CRM is a very big and busy clinic, with many staff members. I had contact with many nurses during my treatment, and it was rare for any of them to really know the details of my case. There were several times (typically during phone calls) when I could tell that the nurses hadn't adequately reviewed my chart before calling.... It is very easy to feel like you are just an anonymous number, which we really didn't like. Having said that, it is generally easy to schedule appointments, it is easy to get through to the front desk staff, and the nurses generally call back in a timely manner.
Dr. Casey has a very matter-of-fact style of interaction. We had some pretty big losses during our treatment, and while she expressed sympathy, she was quite blunt. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with this--it just isn't our style and we would have preferred a little more compassion/empathy. Dr. Casey presented information about our options in an easy-to-understand format and we felt well-informed regarding the process. However, we felt like we were lead to believe that our chances of success were quite a bit higher than they actually were. We don't feel that Dr. Casey was realistic with us about our chances. Additionally, I was triggered on day 7 for two IVF egg retrievals (with egg retrieval on day 9). We were never told that triggering this early is very risky in regards to the chances of getting euploid embryos. Had we known the risks, we would not have decided to move forward with egg retrieval either time. We did really appreciate that Dr. Casey called us personally to report on PGS results, and she gave us her phone number to contact her if needed (without going through the phone triage system). We felt like we had access to her if we had any further questions.
I would recommend asking for very specific information regarding realistic chances of success, particularly for patients who are going into IVF with a lower chance of success (low ovarian reserve, low AMH, low AFC, history of a short follicular phase).
CRM is a very big and busy clinic, with many staff members. I had contact with many nurses during my treatment, and it was rare for any of them to really know the details of my case. There were several times (typically during phone calls) when I could tell that the nurses hadn't adequately reviewed my chart before calling. Having said that, there were a couple nurses who were better than the others, and who clearly tried their best to compassionately treat my husband and I as individuals going through a very difficult process.
For IUI, we used Follistim for about 5 days, triggered on day 8, had IUI on day 10, and became pregnant, but miscarried around 9 weeks. Our first IVF protocol was with Follistim (starting dose 225) and Menopur (1 vial per day), with Ganirelix. We triggered with Pregnyl on day 7 and had egg retrieval on day 9. 6 eggs retrieved/6 mature/5 fertilized with ICSI/1 blast (PGS abnormal). Our second IVF protocol was with Follistim (starting dose 275, I think), Menopur (2 vials per day), and microlupron (started 2 days prior to Follistim/Menopur). We triggered with Pregnyl on day 7 and had egg retrieval on day 9. 7 eggs retrieved/5 mature/4 fertilized with ICSI/2 blasts (both PGS abnormal).
The nurses at CRM were such a mixed bag. We had a few nurses who were so kind and compassionate and friendly and helpful. On the other hand, there are a few others who were unnecessarily blunt, unhelpful, and talked down to me (as if I knew nothing about my own body or what I'd already been through). It would have been very, very helpful if I'd had a primary nurse (or two) assigned to my care. It was really difficult to be working with a different nurse every day.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Again, this is a big clinic with a large number of patients. It is very easy to feel like you are just an anonymous number, which we really didn't like. Having said that, it is generally easy to schedule appointments, it is easy to get through to the front desk staff, and the nurses generally call back in a timely manner.
We paid about $12,000 per IVF cycle (plus the cost of PGS testing, which was about $3000).
Dr. Casey's approach was to do eSET with a PGS-tested euploid embryo. We were very much in favor of using this approach. Unfortunately, we never made any PGS normal embryos to transfer.
No comment.
Minneapolis
You will really like her [Dr. Meg Hopeman] she’s very kind caring person...I feel she has a fresh brain since she’s new to the clinic. I do wish that I’d had more communication with her. It was a lot more communicating with the nurses instead of the actual provider. I think she’s a very very down to earth provider and makes a good connection with each patient.
Some of the staff that were nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] were really good. Others weren’t very kind at all didn’t really pay attention to your chart had wrong cycle dates and lacks compassion...the first IUI Didn’t work because ovulation was missed but yet we still proceeded with going through with inseminating...You’d have to constantly leave messages you would never be able to speak to somebody live.
I feel she was a good provider. I feel she has a fresh brain since she’s new to the clinic. I do wish that I’d had more communication with her. It was a lot more communicating with the nurses instead of the actual provider. I think she’s a very very down to earth provider and makes a good connection with each patient.
You will really like her she’s very kind caring person.
Some of the staff that were nurses were really good. Others weren’t very kind at all didn’t really pay attention to your chart had wrong cycle dates and lacks compassion
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I feel it’s a friendly clinic. I just feel trying to get a hold of people like the nursing staff is very very hard to do you always have to leave messages.I feel the front desk girls are really nice and they were amazing at scheduling appointments. I feel that you should be able to pick what days appointments work best for you during your work schedule especially if it falls on a weekend they don’t always like you doing
I feel that it’s pretty expensive to be able to see them. You have to take out loans in order to proceed with IVF Because most insurances won’t cover things you have to have a financial plan and it’s expensive to receive help in order to get pregnant
When I first started my process. They had the wrong cycle day. So they didn’t have the correct data needed for proper documentation on where I was that in my cycle. Which caused me to miss ovulation so the first IUI Didn’t work because ovulation was missed but yet we still proceeded with going through with inseminating. The nursing staff wasn’t very friendly. You’d have to constantly leave messages you would never be able to speak to somebody live.
Minneapolis
We appreciated [Dr. Dan Lebovic's] realistic, straight forward approach. We also appreciated that he understood each individual is different and he was willing to change my protocol based on my previous failed cycle at another clinic. He had excellent communication with us as well. He personally emailed me with some test results and personally called me with our pregnancy test results.
You will be working with multiple nursing staff throughout your treatment [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. You will always leave messages fir nursing staff and then they will call you back after they pull your chart. ...14 Days of stimulation based on my previous history of poor stimulation. Additionally, increasing my stimulation medications and changing my trigger.
We had a great experience with Dr. Lebovic. We were considering using donor eggs and my eggs. He gave us realistic statistics on both scenarios. He provided us with medical facts to assist with our decision. We appreciated his realistic, straight forward approach. We also appreciated that he understood each individual is different and he was willing to change my protocol based on my previous failed cycle at another clinic. He had excellent communication with us as well. He personally emailed me with some test results and personally called me with our pregnancy test results.
I feel Dr. Lebovic is an excellent, intelligent physician. He will provide you with realistic expectations and medical facts to assist you with your decision making. He has a straight forward approach, which we greatly appreciated.
Dr. Lebovic took the time to fully evaluate our case. He was our 2nd fertility specialist and he thoroughly evaluated our medical records, pursued additional testing, changed out protocol, and provided us with realistic outcomes based on our history.
14 Days of stimulation based on my previous history of poor stimulation. Additionally, increasing my stimulation medications and changing my trigger. 150 menopur, 300 follistim. 4 days of certitude. Hcg plus lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
You will be working with multiple nursing staff throughout your treatment. You will always leave messages fir nursing staff and then they will call you back after they pull your chart. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
36,000 including medications
Minneapolis
Dr. Hopeman is very smart, and this is where some of the compassion and relations is lost a bit. I can see she wants the best but has a tough time communicating that. Although our processes were based off our situation and circumstances, our plans did seem to be heavily based on standard procedures...Make sure to ask specific questions, as I have left wondering what the next steps are. She is honest with her answers.
17k for IVF cycle including medicine. Roughly 1.5k for iui cycles [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...CRM is a very busy clinic. It can be difficult to get appointments at the time convenient for you since you visit so many times per cycle. They do a nice job making sure you fully understand the IVF process. Once you are at the clinic it is usually pretty quick at getting you in and out. I think clinics like CRM should consider adding an infertility psychologist.
Somewhere in the middle- our doctor is so smart she is more facts based.
Strategies were based off of the male infertility factor and the positive response my body had to medicines. None of the 5 IuIs or one IVF cycle worked so it is hard to say whether this was best for our situation
Overall I really appreciated the nursing staff. They were almost all compassionate and knowledgeable. It was a bummer that I have a different nurse just about every time I visit. I had one encounter where there was some sort of miscommunication on the date of my FET which was concerning and the nurse blamed it on me that it was my misunderstanding where I did not feel that was appropriate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
17k for IVF cycle including medicine. Roughly 1.5k for iui cycles. Not sure specifically how much an ultrasound, blood work, and other routine visits cost. Trial transfer and saline test roughly $600. Will be between 4-6k for FET
The clinic as a whole is very against multiple embryo transfer- so she was the same way.
Like I mentioned earlier, I received a specific date for FET transfer. When I received my packet in the mail the dates were different. I am positive I had the dates correct on the phone because I wrote them down as she talked. Where things went wrong I am not sure.
Minneapolis
He [Dr. Lebovic] responds to any questions I have almost immediately and makes sure he’s thorough with his explanation and next steps....He’s been very responsive to questions I have which has been a huge help! He makes sure to adjust my treatments as needed after blood work. I did think we’d see him more during this process but understand the nurses roles and what they’re able to help us with!... Dr Lebovic changed up my prescription amounts after our first IUI after seeing how my body reacted to the medications.
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med] has been helpful through this process with booking appointments and helping with the financial portion - letting us know what is owed at what time (mainly the up front cost). I do wish they could help more with insurance/medications, etc as that’s been a frustrating part....We don’t have a nurse assigned to us (and perhaps that would be easier so they know everything going on versus just nursing notes) but they’ve all been very knowledgeable and helpful.
I’d recommend going to him - he’s very knowledgeable and responsive!
He responds to any questions I have almost immediately and makes sure he’s thorough with his explanation and next steps.
We did 3 IUI treatments in hopes it would work before turning to IVF. Dr Lebovic changed up my prescription amounts after our first IUI after seeing how my body reacted to the medications. This helped my body produce more eggs but unfortunately with such a small success rate, we were not part of that. Also, once I started IVF and he viewed my blood read, he adjusted my follistim to a small dosage due to my E2.
They’ve been wonderful throughout this process. We don’t have a nurse assigned to us (and perhaps that would be easier so they know everything going on versus just nursing notes) but they’ve all been very knowledgeable and helpful. I’ve called the nurse line multiple times throughout this process and they’ve been so great at getting back to me and making me feel at ease!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has been helpful through this process with booking appointments and helping with the financial portion - letting us know what is owed at what time (mainly the up front cost). I do wish they could help more with insurance/medications, etc as that’s been a frustrating part. It was great the nurse gave us a heads up on the medications and to check with insurance but it’s been a complicated process (financial and insurance wise).
We are still in the process of IVF and we are doing genetic testing but I believe the cost will be around $22K including our medications.
Minneapolis
Colleen Casey spoke to us about our individual case. She was encouraging and understood the multiple considerations one needs to consider with IVF....Colleen Casey answered all of our questions thoroughly and never made us feel dumb for asking. She was receptive and offered alternative options. The clinic operates such that you have minimal contact with your actual doctor so we only spoke with her a total of 4 times, including once on the phone. She did seem a bit annoyed when we called with an after hours question about embryo transfer. We felt we needed time to consider all of our options but she mentioned that they were going to call the next day. I was a bit taken back by this.
Communication with the nursing staff [CRM Mpls] is almost impossible. They never answer and if you don't answer it's impossible to get information...They were kind during the in patient procedures...They don't have urologist on staff, thought they could schedule my husband's sperm extraction, decided late in the game that it was too risky and we had to reschedule our entire cycle...It's nice to know that they are constantly collaborating.
In general Dr Casey is encouraging but if you see her realize that other doctors at the clinic are more clinical and aren't always exactly familiar with your situation.
We had infertility due to my husband having anejaculation due to cancer treatment. I am 38 but with a health 4.8 AMH and they counted 22 follicles pre treatment. We were prescribed Menopur, follistim and ganirelex. I only stimmed for 6 days, they retrieved 9 eggs, only 5 mature, 3 blasts on day 6, all tested abnormal with PGS. Trying again this time with Lupron, Menopur and Follistim. Dr Casey is hoping to slow down stim process a touch in order to have more mature eggs to work with.
Communication with the nursing staff is almost impossible. They never answer and if you don't answer it's impossible to get information. I'm a teacher and I learned pretty quickly I needed to step out of my class and run down the hallway for privacy if I ever wanted any information. They were kind during the in patient procedures.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's nice to know that they are constantly collaborating. It's a convenient location for all of the procedures and it's nice that everything is done in one facility. It's unfortunate that the monitoring hours are so limited though they were able to generally get me in when I needed to see someone.
Dr Casey was wonderful in recommending PGS when we said that we were really uncomfortable risking a Twin pregnancy. With PGS we can do single transfer and be pretty confident that we are implanting a healthy embryo.
Minneapolis

We were informed and supported through the entire process. He [Dr. Campbell] is the kind of doctor that doesn’t give false hope and will be very candid with you to the level you are prepared to handle at any given time. He is caring and you can tell, loves what he does. ... If you want to be coddled this isn’t the right fit. My advice is to know your questions, ask them, and ask more; Dr Campbell will always be truthful.
City traffic wasn’t enjoyable, especially after transfer. Free parking and I appreciated that they [CRMM] had signs saying to not bring children to appointments; that shows compassion for everyone’s journey and feelings. ... Beautiful space. Clean, welcoming, would be nice if it was in a suburb though. ... It totaled almost $20,000. We had the fees to CRM and to ART Advanced Reproductive Something. We had to pay for all medications. Nothing was covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
We were informed and supported through the entire process. He is the kind of doctor that doesn’t give false hope and will be very candid with you to the level you are prepared to handle at any given time. He is caring and you can tell, loves what he does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr Campbell was clear and understanding. He explained difficult medical processes in a way we could grasp easily. He answered all of my questions and put my mind and heart at ease when I was struggling with fear or concern.
Describe the protocols Bruce Campbell used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
It was a regular IVF cycle. Estrace, Lupron, and aspirin regime. My tubes were damaged so after retrieving eggs and fertilizing the embryos were frozen. This was to have a tubal ligation. I could’ve continued but dr Campbell said the fluid could harm an embryo and cause infection so he wouldn’t transfer with the tubes in.
I didn’t have too much interaction but they were always very clear with next steps and what to expect.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Beautiful space. Clean, welcoming, would be nice if it was in a suburb though. City traffic wasn’t enjoyable, especially after transfer. Free parking and I appreciated that they had signs saying to not bring children to appointments; that shows compassion for everyone’s journey and feelings.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe Bruce Campbell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Dr Campbell said I had the same chance of having a baby with 1 or 2 embryos. That having two transferred and getting twins or more could actually be harder on the babies instead of having one strong healthy baby. I agreed.
Bruce Campbell
Minneapolis

Dr. Casey is warm, personable, and confident...We appreciated Dr. Casey's thoroughness is answering questions and explaining procedures, as well as her confidence that she could get us pregnant. We did feel that we were "steering the ship," so to speak, and would have appreciated a little more direction on her part. She was happy to do what we wanted to do and wasn't very directive, when we would have appreciated direction.
[Nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota were] Competent, kind, and organized. I did not have a consistent team though, and that would have been nice...They are excellent at the technological aspects of what they do, which is ultimately what leads to success or not. They are lacking in regards to consistency of care - we rarely saw the same nurses and had a different doctor for transfer and retrieval.
Be prepared to have a good idea of what you want to do!
Dr. Casey is warm, personable, and confident.
I was 38 at the time of retrieval with no history of pregnancy. I have unexplained infertility, with an AMH of 1.7 and normal hormone levels. I was put on an antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger. We retrieved 10 mature eggs, 9 fertilized with no assistance, 7 embryos all graded excellent. We did a 5 day fresh transfer and I currently have a 4 month old son from that transfer.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I believe we paid $12,500 total for retrieval, lab work, monitoring, transfer, and freezing of additional embryos. Medications were a separate cost.
Dr. Casey originally recommended transferring two embryos due to my age, but her recommendation changed when she assessed the quality of my embryos on transfer day. She highly recommended we only transfer one. We did and it was successful.

2017, Unknown Success
We received poor communication [from Dr. Dan Lebovic] regarding the treatment plan as well as diagnoses. Although compassionate in the first and only meeting, I do not feel that he is even directing my care due to the nurses making the care plan after a follow up and then checking with Dr. Lebovic later...A change in my care plan was presented to me at check-in by being asked to pay for an IUI up front, when IUI had never been discussed. It was later told to me by the nurse that Dr. Lebovic had charted this was the next step. This was not communicated to my husband or I prior to the appointment and obviously not by Dr. Lebovic. I requested a call from Dr. Lebovic and never did receive an apology.
[At Center for Reproductive Medicine] A recommended change in care plan was not communicated to me by the doctor but rather by requesting me to pay my out of pocket portion of the next procedure that had never been talked about. I was not taught how to administer my ovidrel. They sent my prescription to an incorrect pharmacy...They put the incorrect appointment time for my husbands sample and my IUI, even though they had written the agreed upon time on my take home sheet. They are often behind schedule 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
We received poor communication regarding the treatment plan as well as diagnoses. Although compassionate in the first and only meeting, I do not feel that he is even directing my care due to the nurses making the care plan after a follow up and then checking with Dr. Lebovic later.
Inquire at your initial meeting regarding his communication regarding the treatment plan as well as his direct incolvement with follow up appointments.
I have no clue if a specific protocol is being used. Our first cycle with Dr. Lebovic was 7.5 mg of Femara days 3-5. Ultrasound CD 2 and 10. Ovidrel shot on CD 11. Our second cycle was the same dosage of Femara then I was prescribed Follistim CD 7-9 with an ultrasound on CD 10. I was told to wait to trigger until CD 12, timed intercourse on CD 12 and IUI on CD 14. We are in the middle of our third cycle. Same plan as cycle 2 except when I went for my ultrasound on CD10 they wanted me to continue Follistim through CD 13 and I go back on CD14 for another ultrasound.
Poor customer service. Nobody introduces themselves nor do they answer the phone with their names. I'm constantly asking for more information regarding how other patients approach obtaining out of pocket medicines, prescriptions are sent to the wrong pharmacy, the nurse line is never answered which leads to leaving a voicemail which they do not listen to carefully and call back to "clarify" information that was left in the voicemail.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Customer service is a weakness. They do not answer phone with identifying themselves. They put the incorrect appointment time for my husbands sample and my IUI, even though they had written the agreed upon time on my take home sheet. They are often behind schedule 15 minutes to 30 minutes. I'm struggling to find a strength...they are open half days on weekends.
IUI - $284 Density Gradient- $388.70
Minneapolis

I trust Dr. Kuneck completely. He was willing to adjust the treatment plan to what I felt like my body needed and he was genuinely disappointed along with us when our transfer didn't work. He was optimistic but also direct, and I appreciate his candor. He's very experienced and I value his insight.... You won't see him very much! Take the opportunities to have consults with him even if you don't think you need them. Know that he is making all of your care decisions.
You do see a different nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] pretty much every time you're in, which makes it hard to build a relationship with your day to day caregivers. However all except one were extremely kind and thoughtful to me. In particular the nurses on retrieval and transfers were amazing... Billing and the business end is very efficient and straightforward. they do everything over the phone which can be tough if you're working a standard desk job, I wish they would do some things online.
Dr Kuneck is very forthright but also kind and genuinely cares about his patients' success. The nursing staff in general is also very kind, but you see a different nurse/ultrasound tech every time you're in so it's hard to build a relationship with the caregivers you see daily. However Dr. Kuneck personally reviews your chart daily and makes all decisions about your care.
First cycle: standard Lupron cycle, cancelled after only one large follicle developed. Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. Second cycle: microdose lupron flare cycle, retrieved five mature eggs from three follicles, one fertilized, transferred three day embryo. Negative pregnancy test. Third cycle (in progress): natural antagonist cycle (no birth control per my request).
You do see a different nurse pretty much every time you're in, which makes it hard to build a relationship with your day to day caregivers. However all except one were extremely kind and thoughtful to me. In particular the nurses on retrieval and transfers were amazing.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's a busy clinic with a good success rate; they know what they're doing! Billing and the business end is very efficient and straightforward. they do everything over the phone which can be tough if you're working a standard desk job, I wish they would do some things online. You always see different care providers which can make you feel a little like a number. But you're in and out in a short amount of time. Plus they pay for parking!
Approximately $10k out of pocket for IVF itself, which you can submit to insurance for reimbursement (I got some dollars back). My insurance covers monitoring and bloodwork as well as medications.
Dr Kuneck talked to us about the risks and rewards of multiple embryo transfer, and shared with us that at my age, the risks of a multiples pregnancy (bedrest, prematurity, etc) were about equivalent to the increased rate of success. My husband and I are both not interested in twins, and appreciated his frank feedback and advice.