Chaska
St. Paul
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118
651-379-3110

Dr. Casey is warm, personable, and confident...We appreciated Dr. Casey's thoroughness is answering questions and explaining procedures, as well as her confidence that she could get us pregnant. We did feel that we were "steering the ship," so to speak, and would have appreciated a little more direction on her part. She was happy to do what we wanted to do and wasn't very directive, when we would have appreciated direction.
[Nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota were] Competent, kind, and organized. I did not have a consistent team though, and that would have been nice...They are excellent at the technological aspects of what they do, which is ultimately what leads to success or not. They are lacking in regards to consistency of care - we rarely saw the same nurses and had a different doctor for transfer and retrieval.
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be prepared to have a good idea of what you want to do!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Casey is warm, personable, and confident.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I was 38 at the time of retrieval with no history of pregnancy. I have unexplained infertility, with an AMH of 1.7 and normal hormone levels. I was put on an antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger. We retrieved 10 mature eggs, 9 fertilized with no assistance, 7 embryos all graded excellent. We did a 5 day fresh transfer and I currently have a 4 month old son from that transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I believe we paid $12,500 total for retrieval, lab work, monitoring, transfer, and freezing of additional embryos. Medications were a separate cost.
Describe Colleen Casey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Dr. Casey originally recommended transferring two embryos due to my age, but her recommendation changed when she assessed the quality of my embryos on transfer day. She highly recommended we only transfer one. We did and it was successful.

2017, Unknown Success
We received poor communication [from Dr. Dan Lebovic] regarding the treatment plan as well as diagnoses. Although compassionate in the first and only meeting, I do not feel that he is even directing my care due to the nurses making the care plan after a follow up and then checking with Dr. Lebovic later...A change in my care plan was presented to me at check-in by being asked to pay for an IUI up front, when IUI had never been discussed. It was later told to me by the nurse that Dr. Lebovic had charted this was the next step. This was not communicated to my husband or I prior to the appointment and obviously not by Dr. Lebovic. I requested a call from Dr. Lebovic and never did receive an apology.
[At Center for Reproductive Medicine] A recommended change in care plan was not communicated to me by the doctor but rather by requesting me to pay my out of pocket portion of the next procedure that had never been talked about. I was not taught how to administer my ovidrel. They sent my prescription to an incorrect pharmacy...They put the incorrect appointment time for my husbands sample and my IUI, even though they had written the agreed upon time on my take home sheet. They are often behind schedule 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
We received poor communication regarding the treatment plan as well as diagnoses. Although compassionate in the first and only meeting, I do not feel that he is even directing my care due to the nurses making the care plan after a follow up and then checking with Dr. Lebovic later.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Inquire at your initial meeting regarding his communication regarding the treatment plan as well as his direct incolvement with follow up appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I have no clue if a specific protocol is being used. Our first cycle with Dr. Lebovic was 7.5 mg of Femara days 3-5. Ultrasound CD 2 and 10. Ovidrel shot on CD 11. Our second cycle was the same dosage of Femara then I was prescribed Follistim CD 7-9 with an ultrasound on CD 10. I was told to wait to trigger until CD 12, timed intercourse on CD 12 and IUI on CD 14. We are in the middle of our third cycle. Same plan as cycle 2 except when I went for my ultrasound on CD10 they wanted me to continue Follistim through CD 13 and I go back on CD14 for another ultrasound.
Poor customer service. Nobody introduces themselves nor do they answer the phone with their names. I'm constantly asking for more information regarding how other patients approach obtaining out of pocket medicines, prescriptions are sent to the wrong pharmacy, the nurse line is never answered which leads to leaving a voicemail which they do not listen to carefully and call back to "clarify" information that was left in the voicemail.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Customer service is a weakness. They do not answer phone with identifying themselves. They put the incorrect appointment time for my husbands sample and my IUI, even though they had written the agreed upon time on my take home sheet. They are often behind schedule 15 minutes to 30 minutes. I'm struggling to find a strength...they are open half days on weekends.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
IUI - $284 Density Gradient- $388.70
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Dan Lebovic
Minneapolis

I trust Dr. Kuneck completely. He was willing to adjust the treatment plan to what I felt like my body needed and he was genuinely disappointed along with us when our transfer didn't work. He was optimistic but also direct, and I appreciate his candor. He's very experienced and I value his insight.... You won't see him very much! Take the opportunities to have consults with him even if you don't think you need them. Know that he is making all of your care decisions.
You do see a different nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] pretty much every time you're in, which makes it hard to build a relationship with your day to day caregivers. However all except one were extremely kind and thoughtful to me. In particular the nurses on retrieval and transfers were amazing... Billing and the business end is very efficient and straightforward. they do everything over the phone which can be tough if you're working a standard desk job, I wish they would do some things online.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr Kuneck is very forthright but also kind and genuinely cares about his patients' success. The nursing staff in general is also very kind, but you see a different nurse/ultrasound tech every time you're in so it's hard to build a relationship with the caregivers you see daily. However Dr. Kuneck personally reviews your chart daily and makes all decisions about your care.
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
First cycle: standard Lupron cycle, cancelled after only one large follicle developed. Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. Second cycle: microdose lupron flare cycle, retrieved five mature eggs from three follicles, one fertilized, transferred three day embryo. Negative pregnancy test. Third cycle (in progress): natural antagonist cycle (no birth control per my request).
You do see a different nurse pretty much every time you're in, which makes it hard to build a relationship with your day to day caregivers. However all except one were extremely kind and thoughtful to me. In particular the nurses on retrieval and transfers were amazing.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's a busy clinic with a good success rate; they know what they're doing! Billing and the business end is very efficient and straightforward. they do everything over the phone which can be tough if you're working a standard desk job, I wish they would do some things online. You always see different care providers which can make you feel a little like a number. But you're in and out in a short amount of time. Plus they pay for parking!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Approximately $10k out of pocket for IVF itself, which you can submit to insurance for reimbursement (I got some dollars back). My insurance covers monitoring and bloodwork as well as medications.
Describe Paul Kuneck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Dr Kuneck talked to us about the risks and rewards of multiple embryo transfer, and shared with us that at my age, the risks of a multiples pregnancy (bedrest, prematurity, etc) were about equivalent to the increased rate of success. My husband and I are both not interested in twins, and appreciated his frank feedback and advice.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
he [Dr. Campbell] admitted when he didn't know why things weren't working! He was willing to be as aggressive with treatment as we wanted. And I think he does truly care about his patients... At consults, he took the time to answer questions and address concerns and was ready to adjust treatment plans when things weren't working... He is very busy and wait times for consults and cycle starts can run 3+ months.
i did have to call and request test results [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] once. However, my doctor was on vacation and I think that is where the delay was. When I inquired regarding the results another doctor did call me that same day...Very busy. Wait times for consults or cycle starts are usually 3+ months. However, all the doctors I've had contact with have been great and many of the nurses are too. They run a tight schedule - appointments for ultrasounds and blood draws are usually right on time and you'll be in and out in no time.
How was your experience with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I think Dr. Campbell is a good doctor. At consults, he took the time to answer questions and address concerns and was ready to adjust treatment plans when things weren't working. And, he admitted when he didn't know why things weren't working! He was willing to be as aggressive with treatment as we wanted. And I think he does truly care about his patients. After our 2nd cycle with nothing to transfer, I thanked him when leaving our consult. He stopped and looked at me with sincere compassion and said, "don't thank me, I haven't gotten you pregnant yet. You can thank me when I do".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be patient! He is very busy and wait times for consults and cycle starts can run 3+ months.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Only contact with Dr. Campbell was during office consults (either prior or post treatment cycle) and during some testing (SIS, trial transfer). He did call to personally deliver PGS testing results (2 of 3 cycles) and was willing to consult with me over the phone after failed cycles to answer immediate questions. All other contact is with nursing staff. I do wish I would have had more contact with Dr. Campbell, but am appreciative that he did not rush during consults, etc.
Describe the protocols Bruce Campbell used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Cycle 1 - long Lupron, menopur, Gonal-f. All embryos arrested before reaching blastocyst stage. Cycle 2- menopur, Gonal-f, ganirelix. Switched to antagonist to see if it would make a difference with egg quality. 2 embryos reached blastocyst stage and were PGS tested abnormal. Cycle 3 - menopur, Follistim, ganirelix, HGH, prednisone, testosterone cream. One embryo reached blastocyst stage and was PGS tested normal.
The nursing staff seems very busy and,at times, can seem annoyed with questions, etc. Some of them seem guarded with your medical information - for instance, not willing to give up information regarding estradiol levels and follicle counts (I was told on more than one occasion, "you don't need to worry about it."). It is frustrating that you may not see the same nurse more than once in s treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
i did have to call and request test results once. However, my doctor was on vacation and I think that is where the delay was. When I inquired regarding the results another doctor did call me that same day.
2015 - 2017, Successful
you'll make a joint decision on what is ultimately the best route to go to achieve pregnancy [with Dr. Colleen Casey]...Prior to my frozen embryo transfers I remember she did call me and ask me to increase my Estrace. It all worked out well though... She put the odds of a twin pregnancy, with two embryos transferred + my history, at 60%. We weren't surprised then when we DID find out the transfer resulted in twins.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota is a] Nice facility, validated parking, somewhat of a tricky location though. They do their best to have the lobby be calming and quiet. Not as sterile as many doctor's offices can feel...[nurses are] Timely! Straightforward. It would sometimes be frustrating to never be able to speak live with a nurse when calling, but they would always return voicemails the same day.
She was always timely with consultations and follow up appointments/ultrasounds/etc. She was also timely with calling us with pregnancy results. I've since recommended her and the clinic to several friends, all who have had great results as well!
Go in with an open mind- she is the expert, and you'll make a joint decision on what is ultimately the best route to go to achieve pregnancy.
She personally came and got us from the lobby at all of our consultations with her. She was candid with us, had a sense of humor, but also was incredibly sensitive to the emotions embedded in infertility.
I do not recall specific protocols. Prior to my frozen embryo transfers I remember she did call me and ask me to increase my Estrace. It all worked out well though.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nice facility, validated parking, somewhat of a tricky location though. They do their best to have the lobby be calming and quiet. Not as sterile as many doctor's offices can feel. Why does this have to be at least 200 characters?
They handed out a pricing folder at our first visit that outlined the costs of all the tests. It's overwhelming to see initially, but ultimately helpful for planning. We spent around $5000-$7000 for each frozen embryo transfer.
I was pleased that, after having two singletons through embryo transfers, she was on board with transferring our last two embryos simultaneously. Of course my pregnancy history was totally normal- I'm sure if I'd had preterm babies she would not have been as keen to prospectively allow me to have twins. She put the odds of a twin pregnancy, with two embryos transferred + my history, at 60%. We weren't surprised then when we DID find out the transfer resulted in twins.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Erickson was very patient and kind. She always had a smile on her face, and she was always very optimistic. She was truthful, but caring. I felt in very good hands with Dr. Erickson.... Dr. Erickson was the first doctor we met with at CRM back in 2014. She explained that I should have a laparoscopy as a first step to confirm if I did or did not have endometriosis. Once I found that out, she advised we jump right into IVF, because outcomes are best.
How was your experience with Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Erickson was the first doctor we met with at CRM back in 2014. She explained that I should have a laparoscopy as a first step to confirm if I did or did not have endometriosis. Once I found that out, she advised we jump right into IVF, because outcomes are best. We were hesitant because of the cost, but she really seemed to push IVF. At first, we didn't appreciate the strong push, but once our IUI cycle failed, we decided to look into IVF. She was always very encouraging and compassionate. She was always hopeful and she seemed to have a very positive outlook for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Ask questions and take notes, and see if there is anything that would work before the cost of IVF. I think the best advice is to get educated on all of the terminology and scenarios.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Lisa Erickson used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I initially had two laparoscopies to excise the endometriosis. We then tried for six months with no luck, and tried IUI. IUI was not recommended, but we wanted to try anyways. We did a pretty straight and simple cycle with egg monitoring and a trigger shot. I had two mature eggs, and the cycle failed. We waited two months before we decided on IVF. When we went in for our IVF consultation it was January, and they didn't have an opening for a retrieval until May. I started birth control in late February, and then Lupron. I then used Menopur and Follistim. I was closely monitored and my eggs weren't where they should be, so we bumped up everything. I had my retrieval in early May, where I had 12 eggs retrieved. We decided before the cycle, that if I had anything more than 12 eggs, we were going to freeze the eggs, and just fertilize the 12 to limit the amount of embryos. We ended up with a perfect dozen, and of that 12, 8 were mature, and by day five we had three viable embryos. I used Minivalle patches and Endometrin. I feel like I had a pretty standard protocol, and we were happy with the outcome. We transferred one on day five and nine months later, our miracle daughter was born! We have two embryos on ice and we are just deciding on when would be a good time to grow our family again.
They seem distant and not engaged. I truly wish they had more compassion and empathy. It seemed like they were disengaged and just there doing their job. Going through fertility treatments is so emotionally exhausting that I wish that the nurses were more engaged.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Overall, CRM did a great job, and we of course were so grateful for our positive outcome. I do think they could show more compassion and grace while dealing with patients that have so much riding on their care. I think that the doctors are smart, and their protocols have worked for many of my friends, including us. Also, when my daughter was born, I sent a birth announcement, and I heard crickets. I really do think the least they could do is send a congratulations card. We have spent so much money and time, and there was no response. For example, I sent a birth announcement to my acupuncturist, and they sent a card and a Onsie. I just think CRM's overall customer experience could be upped, especially when people have poured their heart, soul, time energy and cash here.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It was a well-oiled machine. I never had to wait more than five minutes. I really appreciated how efficient they kept appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Cycle Monitoring Medications Lab Work All said and done it was around $15,000
Describe Lisa Erickson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Our doctor strongly encouraged a single embryo transfer for the fresh cycle. For FET, she encourages multiples.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Each couple's infertility story is different and unique. Dr. Erickson takes that into consideration when creating a diagnosis and treatment plan. She was careful with her words and very sympathetic when she was explaining our diagnosis and our odds of conceiving.... Before leaving that appointment, we had a diagnosis, a surgery date set up, and a tentative treatment plan....I did 2 IUI's following the same protocol and then it was recommended we do IVF.
Making appointments for anything (ultrasounds, blood work, doctor visits) is easy. Many same day appointments available. The waiting room [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] is very cozy and inviting and doesn't make it seem like you are at a "clinic."... Our total IVF cost included ICSI and genetic testing. Freezing remaining embryos was not included. Medications were not included either. We were quoted around $15,000 for one IVF session
During our consultation, Dr. Erickson made sure she explained everything in terms we understood. She came in the ultrasound room with me and explained everything she was seeing, instead of waiting for her to read the results and tell us at another appointment. Before leaving that appointment, we had a diagnosis, a surgery date set up, and a tentative treatment plan. It was information overload but everything we have been waiting to hear. We finally got answers.
Ask lots of questions. You will go over a lot of information in a short period of time. Think of questions before your appointment and bring that list with you.
During our consultation, we set up a surgery date and a tentative treatment plan following surgery. After surgery, I was prescribed Femara and ovidrel injection, along with IUI. I did 2 IUI's following the same protocol and then it was recommended we do IVF. With Stage 4 endometriosis, your odds of conceiving on your own is very low.
They all worked as a team with their doctors. Appointments ran quick and smooth.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Making appointments for anything (ultrasounds, blood work, doctor visits) is easy. Many same day appointments available. The waiting room is very cozy and inviting and doesn't make it seem like you are at a "clinic."
We didn't get this far into our treatment yet.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt like a number at CRM. During my 3 IUI cycles and my IVF cycle I never saw my doctor [Dr. Lisa Erickson] one time. I had an issue with Lupron, and with that was able to speak with my Dr. on the phone. At one point during my IVF cycle monitoring a polyp was found on my cervix. This was very scary as I didn't want my cycle to be canceled. After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'.
After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse [at CRM] say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'. This made me feel even more like a number, like I wasn't being treated with any type of customization and that they honestly didn't care if I got pregnant or not. I ended up getting pregnant, which of course I can't complain about, but I wouldn't choose this clinic again.
Dr. Erickson was compassionate and friendly, but I never saw her besides during our initial consult so I don't feel like I can evaluate her. But since I have to use 200 characters I will say, that if a clinic is so busy, that their doctors don't even see a patient through their treatment, then they should take on less patients. Why even have a doctor?
See your patients during their cycles so they feel confident. My doctor is now retired so it doesn't really matter, but I'm sure CRM still operates like this.
I felt like a number at CRM. During my 3 IUI cycles and my IVF cycle I never saw my doctor one time. I had an issue with Lupron, and with that was able to speak with my Dr. on the phone. At one point during my IVF cycle monitoring a polyp was found on my cervix. This was very scary as I didn't want my cycle to be canceled. After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'. This made me feel even more like a number, like I wasn't being treated with any type of customization and that they honestly didn't care if I got pregnant or not. I ended up getting pregnant, which of course I can't complain about, but I wouldn't choose this clinic again.
During my 3 IUI cycles I too femara to stimulate follicle growth. During my last cycle I had NINE measurable follicles (it still didn't work). During my IVF cycle I was on follistim, menepur and lupron. I only produced 7 follicles. It seems like if I was able to produce so many by just taking a pill, that I should have produced a lot more by the invasive injectables. My Dr. and I weren't on the same page as far as a goal for eggs. Again, we're thankful it worked, but have no eggs frozen which means another round of IVF.
I had a different nurse at each visit, so no primary. Also as I mentioned previously from the comments I overheard from a nurse, it's obvious they treat their patients as numbers and not real people.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM has a high success rate, which is the whole point of fertility treatment so that's great. Patients are treated like numbers so if you're someone who needs compassion and to build a relationship with your doctor, this isn't the place for you. Nurses show no compassion and cycle you in and out quickly. I don't feel like treatment is customized.
We purchased the attine program for about $22,000
We transfered one embroy which is all we had.
Minneapolis

CRM is the busiest fertility clinic in Minneapolis with a high patient volume. Despite the countless office visits and appointments, it still felt as though I was a stranger to the staff...My results were never communicated to me. I had to call and ask to get my FSH, AMH, LSH, Prolactin, and Estradiol levels. I also was never told what my lining measurement was after my first retrieval. After I began reading chat boards online, I soon realized that these should be common knowledge to the patient...The nurses were great. They were always available to answer questions. I rarely saw the same nurse twice, so I never felt like any of them really knew me. But one nurse in particular (Theresa) was amazing. I was fortunate enough to have her 2 or 3 times. She was so caring and supportive. She listened to my concerns, and really helped ease any worries or fears I may have had.
Dr. Kuneck is very intelligent and was thorough when we actually saw him. However, that was not often. We mostly communicated with the nurses and other staff. Our only embryo transfer (which failed) was not performed by him, but rather a doctor I had never even met. My egg retrieval also was performed by another doctor in the clinic. The lack of presence was something I did not anticipate when we initially chose him as our RE. I had hoped for a doctor who was more hands on and who was more directly involved with us throughout the entire process.
You really need to be our own advocate. Do your research and question any and everything you are doubting or concerned about.
For my retrieval, I initially was put on BCPs for 2-3 weeks, then lupron for 10 days, menopur, and Gonal F. This seems to be their go-to protocol. Fortunately, I responded well to the meds and didn't need any tweaking. They retrieved 19 eggs, 12 mature. For my FET cycle, again did BCPs for over a month. Once stopped, started lupron, then added estrace orally 3 times a day. Also 1 low dose aspirin. I started Progesterone in oil 5 days before transfer. This time I didn't respond well to the protocol, as my lining wasn't getting thick enough. I only measured 6.1 mm on day 14, so my transfer date was pushed out a week. They increased my estrace to 3 2mg tablets orally and 1 vaginally at night. On day 21, I measured 7.6 mm which they seemed to be satisfied with. I was very concerned that my lining wasn't thick enough, and suggested that maybe we cancel. We only had one embryo, so I wanted every precaution to be taken. I was told not to worry, that my lining was just fine. We went ahead and transferred our only beautiful, hatching embie, which resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think this clinic is best for those who are the typical infertility case. Those who require a different and more customized approach, would do better elsewhere.
We did 1 cycle of IVF with ICSI, 1 MicroTESE surgery and 1TESE surgery for my husband, egg freezing, embryo freezing, and 1 Frozen Embryo Transfer. Total our costs were upward of $30,000.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Campbell] was friendly and had good bedside manner. We trusted him as a doctor....until we had two back to back transfer failures of PGS normal embryos and he didn't want to make any changes to our protocol. Just wanted to keep doing the same thing. I was the one who had to do all the research on things to try and bring ideas to him, most of which he shot down and seemed unwilling to do...
The only strength [of the nurses at Ctr for Repro Med - Minnie] I can think of is timely responses to messages/voice mails, and a few of them showed compassion and caring. Most of them seemed to just want to get your visit/phone call/etc. over with so that they could get to the next person...This clinic puts everyone on birth control pills for both retrieval and transfers, in order to control your body to fit their schedule. For me, and for many other women, birth control pills wreak havoc on our emotional well being. So you will be an emotional mess while you wait two months on your birth control pills so you can fit into their schedule...
He was friendly and had good bedside manner. We trusted him as a doctor....until we had two back to back transfer failures of PGS normal embryos and he didn't want to make any changes to our protocol. Just wanted to keep doing the same thing. I was the one who had to do all the research on things to try and bring ideas to him, most of which he shot down and seemed unwilling to do.
This clinic and doctor are very standardized - they put every patient on the same protocol and rarely change it, even if it's not working. If that's the situation you want to be in, by all means go to this clinic and doctor.
Long wait times to get on their schedule for retrieval, transfer, etc. They obviously had a much bigger patient load then can appropriately carry. Not a single person there from receptionists, doctors, and nurses ever remembered your name, despite going there nearly daily at some points in the retrieval cycle. Not a single person ever asked me how I was doing with everything and their attitude was generally get em in and get em out.
For egg retrieval: priming with birth control pills, then lupron, then stim with menopur and gonal f. No cetrotide/ganirelix. HCG trigger. For frozen transfer: birth control pills, then lupron, then prepare with estrace pills (worked up to 2mg three times a day), PIO injections after lining check. Baby aspirin.
The only strength I can think of is timely responses to messages/voice mails, and a few of them showed compassion and caring. Most of them seemed to just want to get your visit/phone call/etc. over with so that they could get to the next person.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
28k not including meds.
- I had issues with thin lining for transfer which I did not believe they handled well. They round up their lining measurements (i.e., I was a 6.6 and they called it a 7 and had us move forward). When my lining never got past a 7 the second transfer they offered no other explanation or plan b. - They did not tell us ahead of time about their planned closure of their embryology lab which delayed our transfer. I work in a highly regulated industry and I completely understand the need to maintain quality in a laboratory environment but they did not do a good job of informing us. -Every time we wanted to move on to a next step (scheduling transfers, for example) it was up to a week of waiting for a nurse to call back, and when they did, their next available date was months in the future. They don't work with your cycle they work with their schedule.
Minneapolis
She [Dr. Erickson] knew who we were by name at every appointment and was always candid with us on what steps to take. She was always caring and very understanding of our needs and fears. She never rushed us in our appointments.... Since we had already home through 2 previous cycles with another doctor which resulted in the embryos becoming pregnancies but eventually miscarrying, she wanted us to try 5 day versus 3 day even tho I didn’t have as many eggs.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was located in a rather busy area however the parking structure and the way they provided free parking to patients was very easy to work with. I felt the staff was very professional and knowledgeable too. The patient accounts staff was also very good to work with and responsive. The front office staff was professional and welcoming which made the waiting area have a nice welcoming atmosphere. The lobby had a warm and professional look to it which made you feel as though they cared enough to make their patients comfortable.
I liked that she wanted to try different things with us and was willing to try them. Especially when our old doctor wouldn’t and made us feel like it wasn’t possible. She was very understanding of our fears and worries. She worked hard to explain thumbs to us and to make sure we understood the process.
Ask a lot of questions and never feel that a question is too dumb to ask. Lisa is great at explaining things. Trust her judgement.
She knew who we were by name at every appointment and was always candid with us on what steps to take. She was always caring and very understanding of our needs and fears. She never rushed us in our appointments.
Since we had already home through 2 previous cycles with another doctor which resulted in the embryos becoming pregnancies but eventually miscarrying, she wanted us to try 5 day versus 3 day even tho I didn’t have as many eggs. She explained her reasoning and we felt it was worth the try. She also suggested a frozen embryo transfer instead of fresh and have us background detail to support her reasoning which we understood and agreed to even tho it was added cost for us. She was very thorough with her supporting information and her own experience that we felt we could trust her judgement.
They were all nice. Front desk staff was very polite at all times and the lab staff was warm and welcoming each time i was there to draw blood.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic was located in a rather busy area however the parking structure and the way they provided free parking to patients was very easy to work with. I felt the staff was very professional and knowledgeable too. The patient accounts staff was also very good to work with and responsive. The front office staff was professional and welcoming which made the waiting area have a nice welcoming atmosphere. The lobby had a warm and professional look to it which made you feel as though they cared enough to make their patients comfortable.
Roughly 22,000
I do not have any comments because we did multiple embryo transfer without any issues.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Campbell was a very kind, trusting doctor. He never rushed us during appointments and made sure all of our questions were asked and answered. He was great at communicating and explaining what was going to happen in terms that my husband and I could understand. He always took his time and asked how I was feeling. I was extremely nervous during the whole journey but Dr. Campbell was always able to calm my nerves.
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] was very calming and quiet. The front desk was very helpful. I was always able to get in when needed. My husband and I were at an Infertility conference where CRM was present and at the time it was one of the billing and insurance specialist was answering queations. She even remembered us and asked how we were doing. Really showed the care and compassion of all of their staff.... Overall the nurses were absolutely wonderful. They to took the time to answer questions about medications
Not be afraid to ask anything!
He was a very kind, caring doctor who took the time to talk and listen. Would always say Hi in the hallway!
From what I remember it was a pretty typical protocol. I was on Leuprolide, follistim, menopur. It was either progesterone suppositories or injections; just depended if it was fresh transfer or frozen transfer. I did one of each.
Overall the nurses were absolutely wonderful. They to took the time to answer questions about medications, appointments or anything on our mind. They remembered from appointment to appointment that I don't do well with giving blood and liked to lay down.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic was very calming and quiet. The front desk was very helpful. I was always able to get in when needed. My husband and I were at an Infertility conference where CRM was present and at the time it was one of the billing and insurance specialist was answering queations. She even remembered us and asked how we were doing. Really showed the care and compassion of all of their staff.
Medication, ART and CRM
Describe Bruce Campbell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
With my age and overall good health they recommended one, but would transfer no more then two. The first fresh cycle we transfered one embryo which ended in miscarriage. The second round was a frozen cycle where we transfered 2 embryos. Only one took which then unfortunately ended in a miscarriage.

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Malo is really a great provider. He was on his way to retirement when we saw him; so I think if we caught him sooner-we may have had better luck with our cycle. He did care for us, but I think we could have had a few more tests done to make our IVF cycle better.... took lupron, menopur, follistim & doxycycline as I recall, plus a trigger shot. I did need to extend the meds as they did not see enough eggs/eggs not mature enough. Eventually I was given the go ahead for retrieval. Dr. (not Malo, one of his partners) retrieved 14, 11 were mature. We thought this was great! Each day that passed in the lab, our numbers dwindled. We had two day 5 embryos come transfer day. Neither embryo implanted.
Nursing staff [at CRM] were SO COMPASSIONATE. They truly hoped success for us, through & through. We saw many of the nurses throughout our treatment cycle. They worked well together & no matter who we were working with, they had knowledge about our cycle.... The clinic environment was very nice & welcoming. The front desk staff could be a little more friendly. At times I didn't feel comfortable checking in or making future appts because I felt like they didn't really care to help. CRM has a free info session, which was so nice to do, before going to our first real RE appt.
How was your experience with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Do your research. Be proactive. Be your own advocate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
We know CRM runs a busy clinic; but it seemed like we were shuffled through like a herd every visit. We didn't like that Dr. Malo was not involved in our transfer/retrieval. There was no consistency.
Describe the protocols John Malo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Dr. Malo had reason to believe his routine/common IVF protocol would work for us, with ICSI. I took lupron, menopur, follistim & doxycycline as I recall, plus a trigger shot. I did need to extend the meds as they did not see enough eggs/eggs not mature enough. Eventually I was given the go ahead for retrieval. Dr. (not Malo, one of his partners) retrieved 14, 11 were mature. We thought this was great! Each day that passed in the lab, our numbers dwindled. We had two day 5 embryos come transfer day. Neither embryo implanted.
Nursing staff were SO COMPASSIONATE. They truly hoped success for us, through & through. We saw many of the nurses throughout our treatment cycle. They worked well together & no matter who we were working with, they had knowledge about our cycle.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
All in all for Dr. Malo, about $13,000.00 For meds, about $2,000
Describe John Malo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
From our experience CRM was open to what we felt comfortable with.
Dr. Malo should have done more testing on my thyroid. I truly believe if we looked at this aspect more in depth, we may have had better end results.
John Malo

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr Kuneck has been doing these treatments since the 1980's. He is very professional, and he seems to stay up to date on current literature. I liked that he had such an extensive background in the field. While he doesn't show a lot of emotion, I was happy to have someone that I could trust due to his years of experience...I have endometriosis, so he didn't want to do any injectibles with IUI for me...,He knows what he is doing and has seen a lot in his career. He's not really warm and fuzzy, but you can trust that he will be direct with you.
The clinic [CCRM] has done these treatments for years, and is a like a well oiled machine. You will be treated respectfully. It can feel a little cold emotion-wise, and at times you can feel like a number...The nurses were very organized, and prompt with returning phone calls. They weren't all super outgoing, but they did their job well...While usually it was a nurse that would return my phone calls, I do recall after one failed cycle the MD [dR. Kuneck] called me to discuss my case. This was on Christmas Eve. I was impressed as he didn't have to take the time on the holiday, but he knew that I was upset, and he called anyway.
While usually it was a nurse that would return my phone calls, I do recall after one failed cycle the MD called me to discuss my case. This was on Christmas Eve. I was impressed as he didn't have to take the time on the holiday, but he knew that I was upset, and he called anyway.
I have endometriosis, so he didn't want to do any injectibles with IUI for me. I did 1 timed intercourse with clomid, 1 IUI with clomid, and then 2 IUIs with femara, as the side effects with clomid were rough. I did 1 IVF treament with a fresh day 5 transfer. I'm not sure of the name, but I started with BCP, then lupron, then injectibles. Due to painful IUI's, he decided I should be under anesthesia for the IVF transfer, which was very compassionate, in my opinion.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has done these treatments for years, and is a like a well oiled machine. You will be treated respectfully. It can feel a little cold emotion-wise, and at times you can feel like a number.
IUI covered by insurance. IVF shared risk program---$24,000
i was instructed last minute to only transfer 1 embryo. I'm so glad that I did.

2014 - 2015, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Bruce Campbell] was kind, but not involved in ultrasound visits, and did not perform either my retrieval or transfer. I assume that he was involved in med changes behind the scenes during stims. After our IVF cycle resulted in a twin MC/ectopic pregnancy, he was in contact more frequently, and squeezed us in between retrievals so that he could do 2 last-minute ultrasounds to try to find the second embryo (after I had miscarried the first). He was kind and empathetic without being sappy; he told us what to expect if it was found to be an ectopic which is what we needed.
We had two consults with Dr. Campbell: one for the clinic & our first IUI there, then another pre-IVF meeting, with a year between. During those meetings, it was very much stats, numbers, step-by-step process for the treatment, nothing special or unique to us...they [the staff at ghe Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] see a lot of patients, which can lead to a bit longer waits for ultrasound appts. There are multiple REs and they have a calendar of who does retrievals and transfers, which rotates every 10 days or so. As a result, your RE may not do either retrieval or transfer.
He was kind, but not involved in ultrasound visits, and did not perform either my retrieval or transfer. I assume that he was involved in med changes behind the scenes during stims. After our IVF cycle resulted in a twin MC/ectopic pregnancy, he was in contact more frequently, and squeezed us in between retrievals so that he could do 2 last-minute ultrasounds to try to find the second embryo (after I had miscarried the first). He was kind and empathetic without being sappy; he told us what to expect if it was found to be an ectopic which is what we needed.
Don't expect to see him during stims for either IUI or IVF. The doctors at this clinic monitor behind the scenes and have a rotating schedule for retrievals & transfers. There is very little contact with the actual doctor during a cycle.
We had two consults with Dr. Campbell: one for the clinic & our first IUI there, then another pre-IVF meeting, with a year between. During those meetings, it was very much stats, numbers, step-by-step process for the treatment, nothing special or unique to us. I don't know that I really expected it to be tailored though, since they hadn't done the CD3 BW to determine treatment protocol at the times we met with him. After our IVF cycle, I had a twin MC/ectopic pregnancy. During that time, when I spoke with Dr. Campbell he was very kind and made me feel treated as a person. With that said, he usually calls to deliver IVF results, but was out of the office that day and a nurse called instead, which made me feel like a number.
Antagonist protocol: 2 vials Menopur daily + 150 Follistim daily for maybe 10 days, + Ganirelex for 6 days of that. HCG trigger. Our diagnosis is unexplained infertility; my levels are all good but borderline not good. The high levels of stims are due to that. He said at our WTF meeting that he would change to a Lupron cycle if we were to do another round of IVF, in hopes that we would get more blasts. (8 of 9 mature fertilized, but only 2 made it to blast.)
I saw different nurses at most appointments. They were fine. Not overly compassionate, but generally not cold. (Although the nurse who called with my IVF beta results could use a lesson in compassion, rather than saying "you're pregnant", then hedging on saying anything about the low level other than "well it's not good, you'll just have to come back.") The nurses called when they said they would to give me plans for the next day of stims, scheduling was good, etc.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has higher rates of IVF success, which is a strength that outweighs most weaknesses. However they see a lot of patients, which can lead to a bit longer waits for ultrasound appts. There are multiple REs and they have a calendar of who does retrievals and transfers, which rotates every 10 days or so. As a result, your RE may not do either retrieval or transfer.
$10,475 for IVF cycle, plus meds. Meds were estimated at $3,000 for me based on CD3 BW results but ended up closer to $5,000.

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Casey is great. She listened to my concerns, and didn't dismiss my specific treatment requests- if they weren't in my best interest she would explain why, and then offer options. When I explained to her that I wanted aggressive treatment, she gave me a sound plan for hopefully achieving a healthy pregnancy. The perfect combination of "to the point" and people skills....Don't be afraid to ask for a specific treatment, or for her opinion on a course of action. She is very receptive.
A majority of my treatment was covered by a $10k insurance benefit. I believe the initial consultation was $450. CRM is extremely good at providing costs for services...I LOVE the nurses at CRM [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]! They were always very compassionate, supportive and responsive. They did a majority of my treatments (U/S, inject teaching, plan communication, IUIs) and always made me feel confident and at ease. I trusted them completely....I LOVE the nurses at CRM! They were always very compassionate, supportive and responsive. They did a majority of my treatments (U/S, inject teaching, plan communication, IUIs) and always made me feel confident and at ease. I trusted them completely.
Dr Casey was great at treating me like a person because I never felt like she didn't remember who I was, or my case details. She remembered particular details, called me personally with results, and tailored my treatment plan to ME, not just a medical suggestion that fit my diagnosis.
I started on femara, at my request. Three cycles with Femara and TI yielded no results, so I was moved up to IUI +trigger. At this time Dr. Casey was on leave and a colleague of hers was monitoring her cases. This doctor refused to bump me to injection med with IUI+trigger, which I feel wasted cycles. I did 2 femara +IUI cycles with no result. On her return, Dr. Casey apologized for the mismanagement of my cycles while she was out, and immediately started me on an inject+trigger+IUI regimen. After my 1st failed inject/trigger/IUI cycle, my AMH was tested and was found to be .6, extremely low. We tried much higher doses of Gonal-f for my 2nd and 3rd injection IUIs, the 3rd IUI with these higher doses resulted in pregnancy and a live singleton birth.
2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Colleen Casey] was friendly, but basically asked me how I wanted to proceed instead of giving her recommendation. She seemed confident I could conceive without intervention, even after 3 failed medicated cycles. I didn't feel that she had enough time to dedicate to really learning my situation and the treatment plan suffered as a result.
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] are their availability to see many patients due to their staff. Additionally, they did work out a payment plan with me when treatment expenses exceeded the quote. It's styled to feel more "homey" if that's your thing. Weaknesses include the attitudes of the nursing staff. Additionally, when I had to come in over the weekend for monitoring, one of the other doctors was complaining about how it was his weekend to work and he didn't want to be there. It felt like the clinic was out to make money, not treat infertility.
She was friendly, but basically asked me how I wanted to proceed instead of giving her recommendation. She seemed confident I could conceive without intervention, even after 3 failed medicated cycles. I didn't feel that she had enough time to dedicate to really learning my situation and the treatment plan suffered as a result.
Demand time and specifics. Ask what the plan will be if you don't respond as predicted. Push for diagnostic testing.
I only saw Dr. Casey twice during my 3 cycles of treatment. I had a different nurse every time and I didn't feel that my treatments were personalized. It was get me in and out as quickly as possible to get as many patients seen as possible.
I did two cycles of clomid and timed intercourse and one cycle of femara and timed intercourse. I didn't respond well to the clomid (only one follicle while taking the max dose), but did respond well to femara. I had indicated to her and the nurses that I ovulate late, but they still had me come in as if I was going to ovulate on CD14. This caused me to have to pay for additional ultrasounds which got to be very expensive. None of these cycles resulted in a positive pregnancy test.
Very matter-of-fact and didn't take the time to explain anything to me. When I questioned anything, I felt brushed off and not taken seriously.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths are their availability to see many patients due to their staff. Additionally, they did work out a payment plan with me when treatment expenses exceeded the quote. It's styled to feel more "homey" if that's your thing. Weaknesses include the attitudes of the nursing staff. Additionally, when I had to come in over the weekend for monitoring, one of the other doctors was complaining about how it was his weekend to work and he didn't want to be there. It felt like the clinic was out to make money, not treat infertility.
Each cycle was extended due to my late ovulation which added at least two ultrasounds at ~350/scan. Due to this, we spent almost $5k on three cycles which was well above the estimated costs.
It was very frustrating to learn I had PCOS from my 2nd doctor, who made the diagnosis quickly after viewing my file from CRM. Knowing this, I feel that the protocols Dr. Casey prescribed didn't completely make sense and could have been changed to give us a better chance of success. I didn't always receive timely phone calls from the nurses.

2013 - 2014, Unknown Success
Dr. Casey listened well, was very compassionate and driven to help us succeed...Often times though, I would need to raise my concerns to her with data on why I thought treatment should be modified and then she would agree, and change treatment. I am thankful I advocated for myself as much as I did but wish that she would have been more proactive...However, towards the end of our time with her, the clinic was growing in patient volume and her interactions were getting less. When faced with a D&C, I appreciated her sharing her own experience with us to make our nerves less. She was compassionate and thorough and put our needs as a priority.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota[ was] wery clean, upper class, good communication. Not a clinic where anyone would know your name - you are just a number here. [Nursing staff] always had my chart in front of them, would share number results, was compassionate, thorough and intentional. A solid team!...However, towards the end of our time with [Dr Casey], the clinic was growing in patient volume and her interactions were getting less.
Dr. Casey listened well, was very compassionate and driven to help us succeed. Often times though, I would need to raise my concerns to her with data on why I thought treatment should be modified and then she would agree, and change treatment. I am thankful I advocated for myself as much as I did but wish that she would have been more proactive. If I hadn't known as much about fertility as I did, I don't think certain protocols would have been used. I did appreciate her willingness to take a call and felt that she was interactive in our IUI and IVF protocols. However, towards the end of our time with her, the clinic was growing in patient volume and her interactions were getting less. When faced with a D&C, I appreciated her sharing her own experience with us to make our nerves less. She was compassionate and thorough and put our needs as a priority.
Bring questions and know she will be willing to answer them all and make sure you understand them.
She didn't rush us at any time, was available via phone, and seemed to listen to all our thoughts with sincerity.
All 4 of our IVF cycles with her (2 fresh, 2 frozen) had me questioning some of my blood levels and protocols used. I was worried I was over suppressed and concerned with my hormones levels. Most of the time, she was not concerned, but after visiting other doctors, my concerns were validated. I wish I knew as much then as I knew now. The protocols seemed very basic and standard (mainly pre-printed in their guide book) and I would have like to see her individualize the protocols more. When I did express concern about estradoil levels for example, sharing that oils worked better for me than patches or pills, she was willing and happy to make those protocol changes, but again, that is something only learned through experience.
Timely response time, always had my chart in front of them, would share number results, was compassionate, thorough and intentional. A solid team!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Very clean, upper class, good communication. Not a clinic where anyone would know your name - you are just a number here.
I liked that they have women who are pregnant come in the afternoon, so you are never faced with a baby bump while in the waiting room. They always ran on time, had a good amount of appointments to choose from and I never had a problem!
Competitive within the Twin Cities area
We only missed one call from them - our beta! - and I believe it was just due to the fact that it was Christmas Eve, a shortened day, and the nurse and doctor both thought the other was going to call. We were able to call the on-call doctor after hours and it was cleared up, but not without a little bit of stress.
2008 - 2010, Unsuccessful
At one point she [Dr Erickson] was forthright in telling us if we proceed and success is not achieved, it brings their clinical numbers down. That was hurtful, although truthful...it was not my job to care and it stung that she'd even ask us to. Talk about feeling like a number. When the day came for the one egg my body had produced to be attempted to be retrieved, in all our nerves riding on that 50/50 chance she told us we had....she wasn't even there. Without warning she had sent another doctor whom I had never before met. He, not she, was the one in my haze while awaking from anesthesia to tell me we had failed. And inevitably that I would never carry or birth a child. I was crushed on several levels.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]... was the only reproductive endocrinologist clinic I visited so I have nothing to compare it to. It may have been that I was not a quality patient in that my chances were so low from the get go with poor egg quality, but I still would like to think that doctors and nurses do what they do for the people that they can effect. Instead I felt like a disappointment to their "stats" and a number with each visit...loosing hope is devastating and having your "care team" not really care, is beyond words.
Dr. Erickson was lovely, kind, soft spoken. At our first visit I felt hopeful and in good hands. That feeling grew more and more distant with each visit and contact directly with her became almost extinct. Our hopes diminished not due to her efforts but directly related to the results. My egg quality was extremely low. I could feel that she was only proceeding due to my emotional inability to give up. At one point she was forthright in telling us if we proceed and success is not achieved, it brings their clinical numbers down. That was hurtful, although truthful...it was not my job to care and it stung that she'd even ask us to. Talk about feeling like a number. When the day came for the one egg my body had produced to be attempted to be retrieved, in all our nerves riding on that 50/50 chance she told us we had....she wasn't even there. Without warning she had sent another doctor whom I had never before met. He, not she, was the one in my haze while awaking from anesthesia to tell me we had failed. And inevitably that I would never carry or birth a child. I was crushed on several levels.
Ask her not to sugar coat and to BE SURE to inform you that you will not see her often. And ask her to please inform you should a physician other than herself be performing your procedures.
There is very little contact with the doctor who so warmly freets you at the beginning of this "journey". And the nurses are different every time you go in to the office...and their moods very. Tremendously.
Unfortunately in the last 6 years much of this has escaped me, although when going through it all you hang onto every word, learn and know every term, the cost of every drug and the names & numbers of every pharmacy and their prices... I recall Folistim pens...lots of them. I recall vials of Bravelle and then trying Lupron. And somewhere alon the line there was Menapur. It is quite blurry...and thankfully in the rear view mirror.
I wish I remembered their names because a few were fantastic! Warm, friendly and took the time to make you feel like you're a person. Some even like you are a person going through the toughest days of your life thus far-those nurses I wish I could go back and hug. Several were very clearly, busy. Even delivering the news that the one follicle that was there yesterday (yes 1) is suddenly gone and you are to wait weeks and then start all over. With zero emotion because the were busy washing up their hands so they could scurry on to the next patient. No compassion. How do you work here? Perhaps a blood bank would be more fitting for these nurses.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's one of few and this was the only reproductive endocrinologist clinic I visited so I have nothing to compare it to. It may have been that I was not a quality patient in that my chances were so low from the get go with poor egg quality, but I still would like to think that doctors and nurses do what they do for the people that they can effect. Instead I felt like a disappointment to their "stats" and a number with each visit...loosing hope is devastating and having your "care team" not really care, is beyond words.
It was tough...feeling like a number.
Expensive
The lack of contact was extremely difficult as you are on the edge of your seat daily. Having my doctor send another doctor to our egg retrieval procedure was inaccusable and I will ever forget the feeling I felt that morning when a doctor I had never met walked into the room to perform the most personal and emotional procedure I had had in my life.
Minneapolis

Dr. Hopeman treated my partner and I with empathy and respect. She carefully explained results and answered all questions without judgment. While we haven’t had success yet I feel she is rooting for us while also giving us reasonable expectations of what our results mean. ... Dr. Hopeman was great at getting back to us with any questions, so while we may not have seen her I never felt like we are a number. She does a really great job at explaining results and also explaining areas of the process where there just isn’t enough research. Her overall approach is very warm. I highly highly recommend her.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] have set times when they do things so you often have to plan your day around that. The main area of weakness is you can’t speak to nursing staff directly, instead you have to leave a message. They are great at getting back within 24 hours or less and calling during set times (as in times you know you would be available). It can be a little stressful though if you do miss the call as you then will need to leave a message again.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
At this clinic you do not often see your provider. Dr. Hopeman was great at getting back to us with any questions, so while we may not have seen her I never felt like we are a number. She does a really great job at explaining results and also explaining areas of the process where there just isn’t enough research. Her overall approach is very warm. I highly highly recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
If you have a question just ask- she is great at explaining the process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
IUI with follistem
Most of the nurses are great; however, some at times can be a little less understanding and can seem rushed or less willing to explain results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This is a great clinic overall. They have set times when they do things so you often have to plan your day around that. The main area of weakness is you can’t speak to nursing staff directly, instead you have to leave a message. They are great at getting back within 24 hours or less and calling during set times (as in times you know you would be available). It can be a little stressful though if you do miss the call as you then will need to leave a message again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Insurance covered most except medications.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Meg Hopeman

2017 - 2019, Successful
Due to having our embryos tested, we only transferred one [with Dr. Colleen Casey]...She was direct and answered all questions I had. After my first retrieval when none of my embryos tested were healthy, I was devastated. After she called with the results I was able to get an appointment with her to discuss my options...At first I wasn’t sure I liked her, as she’s not super warm and fuzzy. But she was thorough and answered all of my questions with diagrams as well. She changed protocols as soon as my first stim cycle didn’t generate eggs as expected.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] worked hard to get appointments as needed. I even went in on thanksgiving - a nurse let me in! - for part of my cycle...We used an agonist protocol the 2nd time around, as the first time I didn’t have enough egg stimulation. I guess it’s normal to start off the way we did (I don’t remember all the details) but this seemed to work much better...Due to having our embryos tested, we only transferred one.
If you want someone direct, she’s good. At first I wasn’t sure I liked her, as she’s not super warm and fuzzy. But she was thorough and answered all of my questions with diagrams as well. She changed protocols as soon as my first stim cycle didn’t generate eggs as expected.
Ask her about next steps if the first time around doesn’t work. Also ASK ABOUT TESTING! it made a world of difference for us and helps create a healthy pregnancy, in my perspective.
From my memory, most were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Waiting room is hard to be in, but not sure how to make that better. I seemed to remember that they worked hard to get appointments as needed. I even went in on thanksgiving - a nurse let me in! - for part of my cycle.
My monitoring was all covered from my insurance. But meds and IVF procedures were not. It was incredibly expensive.
Due to having our embryos tested, we only transferred one.
Minneapolis

Lebovic did an amazing job responding to our emails and phone calls with questions. He is very gentle and seems to genuinely care about us. He also seemed understanding of the emotional turbulence that comes with treatment...was timely with after hours phone calls and emails. His gentle manner helped ease our anxiety on several occasions. He consistently did a good job explaining treatments and what to expect. His understanding of the stress physically and mentally was especially appreciated during this long and stressful process.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was very hit or miss. Some nurses gave excellent, detailed care. Other nurses were short and at times rude if we had extra questions regarding our care...We did the Affirm program to pay for IVF. Highly recommend. I believe that is around 26000 for a live birth...Strength is Lebovic and the other doctors we encountered for procedures. The Weakness is some of the nurses and ultrasound techs that could work on their bed side manner. Especially during such a stressful and challenging time, a rude nurse can hurt more than it might otherwise.
Lebovic was timely with after hours phone calls and emails. His gentle manner helped ease our anxiety on several occasions. He consistently did a good job explaining treatments and what to expect. His understanding of the stress physically and mentally was especially appreciated during this long and stressful process.
Trust the process. Trust Lebovic. Reach out to him when you need support. Sometimes just hearing his words helped calm us down from the fear of infertility.
Lebovic did an amazing job responding to our emails and phone calls with questions. He is very gentle and seems to genuinely care about us. He also seemed understanding of the emotional turbulence that comes with treatment. At times, it felt like there were too many patients at the clinic because it took so long to schedule some of our appointments.
The nursing staff was very hit or miss. Some nurses gave excellent, detailed care. Other nurses were short and at times rude if we had extra questions regarding our care.
Dan Lebovic

2012 - 2018, Successful
Dr Kuneck was very honest and could be blunt but always delivered everything with compassion. He explained everything very thoroughly and in easy to understand terms. He was always very busy and his appointments offer ran very late when meeting with him.... He made calls after a failed cycle the same day of results even if it was 10pm. I also remember him holding my hand and supporting me during a bleeding episode with my first pregnancy while he checked for a heartbeat. I’ll never forget that moment.
Make an appointment as soon as possible as it takes a while to get in for a consultation [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN-Minneapolis]. Clinic is nice and front desk staff and IVF education staff is wonderful. Phlebotomists are also great. Donor egg staff is also amazing to work with.... I don’t remember specifics of my IVF cycles using my own eggs. I was a slow responder to meds and my cycles were extended by 3-4 days each time. After my second cycle resulted in no embryos he did have an honest conversation about turning to donor eggs along which I appericated. But I did use Lupron on all 4 cycles.
If you are looking for someone for to sugar coat news Dr Kuneck may not be the best Dr for you.
He was always very honest but caring. He made calls after a failed cycle the same day of results even if it was 10pm. I also remember him holding my hand and supporting me during a bleeding episode with my first pregnancy while he checked for a heartbeat. I’ll never forget that moment.
Some nurses had a cold bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Make an appointment as soon as possible as it takes a while to get in for a consultation. Clinic is nice and front desk staff and IVF education staff is wonderful. Phlebotomists are also great. Donor egg staff is also amazing to work with.
We spent about $30k for donor cycle and $5000 for FET.
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Casey] drew out pictures to help us understand and answered all questions. Other than endometriosis and low donor sperm counts, I have no known problems or reasons. I am in a same sex relationship. ... She was validating and used appropriate humor. ... She wasn’t rushed and she provided recommendations for holistic services. She has been warm even when she sees me in passing. ... She was very calm when I was anxious and she answered all my questions without judgement.
Scheduling works smoothly, the office [CRM] is clean and comfortable. I get slightly annoyed with having to go to the andrology lab after scheduling the insemination to get set up with them for spermicide thaw call time because the are separate, and the having to call the the morning of. ... They [nurses] were very warm and had various suggestions. ...
She drew out pictures to help us understand and answered all questions. She was validating and used appropriate humor. She was warm and relaxed. She wasn’t rushed and she provided recommendations for holistic services. She has been warm even when she sees me in passing.
Know that it is okay to ask lots of questions and be vulnerable.
She was very calm when I was anxious and she answered all my questions without judgement. She has a very relaxed attitude.
She used Chlomid and trigger for three and then chlomid, follistem and ovidrel for two (and the upcoming one) because I only got one egg twist and two eggs once with chlomid and wasn’t responding optimally. Other than endometriosis and low donor sperm counts, I have no known problems or reasons. I am in a same sex relationship.
They were very warm and had various suggestions. Not peeing prior to help with the tilt of my cervix was the most helpful, after numerous painful iui’s due to problems getting the catheter in at another clinic.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Scheduling works smoothly, the office is clean and comfortable. I get slightly annoyed with having to go to the andrology lab after scheduling the insemination to get set up with them for spermicide thaw call time because the are separate, and the having to call the the morning of.
I don’t know.
Haven’t done this yet.
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Marwas very kind and knowledgeable. She cares for her patients and explains all the options. She was open with the risks and took time to answer any questions or concerns. When setbacks came up she was quick to work with me to figure out the best option.... She suggested injectables and clomid leading up to the IUI. She wanted to make sure there were enough eggs and increase the chances of a pregnancy. She also explained the risks of having multiples when a higher number of eggs developed.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN] are a specialty clinic so they know what they are doing and are organized. They only have appointments during the day so it can sometimes be difficult to work around a work schedule but they try to be as accommodating as they can.... There was a mix up in the day I was going to meet with my doctor and she wasn’t actually available. The staff went to talk with the doctor right away to get it figured out and the doctor offered to call me rather than having me come back in for an appointment.
She was very kind and knowledgeable. She cares for her patients and explains all the options. She was open with the risks and took time to answer any questions or concerns. When setbacks came up she was quick to work with me to figure out the best option.
Know that she is going to care about you and is there for any questions or concerns.
She took time to answer my concerns and called me to explain my options so I had time to make an educated decision.
They were warm and welcoming and made sure to answer my questions and give me the best care.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They are a specialty clinic so they know what they are doing and are organized. They only have appointments during the day so it can sometimes be difficult to work around a work schedule but they try to be as accommodating as they can.
My insurance didn’t cover any of the costs until I hit my deductible.
Meg Hopeman