Chaska
Minneapolis, MN 55407
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118
651-379-3110

Dr. DeMario himself was very kind and gentle but doesn't sugar coat anything. He was up front about success rates and costs.... At CRM you only meet the doctor once, then you see nurses for the testing and treatment. Our appointment with Dr. DeMario went well. He was knowledge and obviously has a lot of experience. I didn't feel a strong personal connection with him, but I do feel good about his expertise.... I took clomid to stimulate egg growth
They are high end and very professional. There are many clients so care is not super personal, but you know that they know what they're doing. I am not sure if we may get a second opinion but for now I am comfortable working with the Center for Reproductive Medicine.... The nurses at the clinic vary in their attitudes - it really depends on who is working when you go in for your appointment.... $2,000 for one cycle of IUI
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Take things one step at a time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. DeMario himself was very kind and gentle but doesn't sugar coat anything. He was up front about success rates and costs. The nurses at the clinic vary in their attitudes - it really depends on who is working when you go in for your appointment.
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I took clomid to stimulate egg growth followed by two days on vaginal estrogen to help thicken the uteran lining. I then took a "trigger shot" to stimulate ovulation. Two days later, we did the IUI followed by two weeks of vaginal progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It really depends on the nurse.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
$2,000 for one cycle of IUI
Describe Mark Damario's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
St. Paul

DeMario did 2 FET's for us. Used the same protocol that Dr. Malo established for us 2 years earlier. Didn't change anything regardless of test results...He never remembered any details about my case. It seems like he didn't even review my file before any meeting. Consistently asked the same questions over and over...He is not compassionate, he doesn't see you as a person. Doesn't remember anything from prior meetings. Generally seems confused. Very frustrating for someone who is in a vulnerable position. I had no choice but to use him as my prior RE at the clinic retired. Total difference of night and day between DeMario and Malo. Dr Malo always knew where I was at and what my history was. Made me feel like a patient and not a payment, which is how I feel when I see DeMario.
Jan [nurse at CRM] has been there forever and is excellent; caring, compassionate, hard working, remembers you as a person...Feel like cattle. So many women processed through on any given morning. Care is not personalized...Quite expensive compared to national averages. Higher success rates though. FET $5k (plus meds)...DeMario did 2 FET's for us. Used the same protocol that Dr. Malo established for us 2 years earlier. Didn't change anything regardless of test results.
Go to the Minneapolis clinic and see a different RE in the CRM clinic.
Jan has been there forever and is excellent; caring, compassionate, hard working, remembers you as a person.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Malo] was OK. Factual and pleasant enough but cut my husband off a few times on questions and would consider bedside manner so-so...Trust his knowledge and skillset, but manner is a bit cold and clinical. Wasn't as aggressive as we were hoping. Painted us a fairly bleak picture. This was our first of 3 REs and to be blunt, wish we had moved on after our first (ehhh) meeting as we liked the docs and clinics at 2 and 3 better.
Main beef was that I IDID have insurance with infertility coverage, this office [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] just didn't want to accept it so it was all out of pocket...Facilities quite nice...Didn't really amp things up round 2 after lackluster results round one, which was odd (and we did question it at the time with him [Dr. Malo])...Don't recall much [about the nurses]. Nice enough but seemed to forget our info unless papers right there.
How was your experience with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He's knowledgeable and skillful but not the warmest dude you'll ever meet.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He was OK. Factual and pleasant enough but cut my husband off a few times on questions and would consider bedside manner so-so
Describe the protocols John Malo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Bravelle for sure and can't recall the rest. Didn't really amp things up round 2 after lackluster results round one, which was odd (and we did question it at the time with him)
Don't recall much. Nice enough but seemed to forget our info unless papers right there.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Facilities quite nice. Didn't accept our insurance (which DID have IVF coverage...they just didn't accept it!). Just so-so. If you are not feeling it after your first meeting here, move on quickly. This was 2015 and now there are even more clinics to choose from.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Don't recall IUI costs exactly; want to say around $5K? Main beef was that I IDID have insurance with infertility coverage, this office just didn't want to accept it so it was all out of pocket. Boooooo
Describe John Malo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
John Malo
St. Paul
Felt he [Dr. Damario] had a good ideas on what to do, but felt like I did have PCOS and no one was addressing that. As a doctor we liked him, he was very straightforward, doesn’t sugar coat anything, but the Minneapolis office left us not trusting the CRM name.... Ask for a detailed plan of your protocol. We never got that. Just named meds that we would use, but not the dose or why.... Only met one of the nurses and she talked a bit about the meds and a schedule and what would happen the day of retrieval.
CRM doesn’t have a clear protocol that they show their patients. I always asked what IVF would look like for us and never was given a clean answer. I think they need to have more protocols written down to show patients during the initial visit....Smaller office than the Minneapolis location; felt he [Dr. Damario] knew our story a little better than our previous doctor....Only met one of the nurses and she talked a bit about the meds and a schedule and what would happen the day of retrieval.
Felt he had a good ideas on what to do, but felt like I did have PCOS and no one was addressing that. As a doctor we liked him, he was very straightforward, doesn’t sugar coat anything, but the Minneapolis office left us not trusting the CRM name.
Smaller office than the Minneapolis location; felt he knew our story a little better than our previous doctor.
Never given a protocol.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Did not have any billing issues.
I know that he was okay with twins.
St. Paul
[Dr. Damario] has always carefully and patiently listened to my questions and provided clear explanations and information with every step and stage of my fertility treatment. He takes time, even beyond my scheduled appointments, to make sure my and my husband's inquiries are addressed...communicates quickly with his team of nurses and staff to provide us with the support we need during this emotional process
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is fantastic! Don't hesitate to make your first appointment! The entire staff treats me and my experience with the highest care and concern. All of my appointments were easy to make. The procedures I've had completed so far have been efficient and performed very well.
Dr. Demario has always carefully and patiently listened to my questions and provided clear explanations and information with every step and stage of my fertility treatment. He takes time, even beyond my scheduled appointments, to make sure my and my husband's inquiries are addressed. Additionally, Dr. Demario communicates quickly with his team of nurses and staff to provide us with the support we need during this emotional process and important time.
Don't be afraid to ask Dr. Demario any question you have. He will take the time to answer them with kind and caring regard.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM is fantastic! Don't hesitate to make your first appointment! The entire staff treats me and my experience with the highest care and concern. All of my appointments were easy to make. The procedures I've had completed so far have been efficient and performed very well.
My healthcare plan covers fertility diagnosis and treatment, but does not include IVF costs.
2015, Successful
I felt [Dr. John Malo] was straightforward and took time to answer our questions. Although we didn’t meet with him much in person, he communicated well via email and occasionally via phone. He seemed very knowledgeable, and we trusted his recommendations overall...We liked his approach [on Eset]. He was open to transferring 2 but educated us on reasons why it may also be better to transfer 1...Come prepared with questions.
Overall, this clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was great. The St. Paul and Minneapolis locations had a different feel with St. Paul being much smaller. We preferred the smaller location as it felt more personable. The clinic was kept up nicely and seemed well organized...the nursing staff took time to fully answer my questions and genuinely cared. The nursing staff was especially warm and considerate...It felt like they truly cared about us.
I felt Dr. Malo was straightforward and took time to answer our questions. Although we didn’t meet with him much in person, he communicated well via email and occasionally via phone. He seemed very knowledgeable, and we trusted his recommendations overall.
Come prepared with questions.
I felt that Dr. Malo and the nursing staff took time to fully answer my questions and genuinely cared. The nursing staff was especially warm and considerate.
The two nurses we saw the most were extremely kind and compassionate. It felt like they truly cared about us.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Overall, this clinic was great. The St. Paul and Minneapolis locations had a different feel with St. Paul being much smaller. We preferred the smaller location as it felt more personable. The clinic was kept up nicely and seemed well organized.
I think the IUIs were all around $2500 including meds, and IVF was around $15,000 including meds.
We liked his approach. He was open to transferring 2 but educated us on reasons why it may also be better to transfer 1.
John Malo