Chaska
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118
651-379-3110

2015 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Colleen Casey] is a straight talker...She's quick and efficient so have a list of questions ready. She will answer and if you don't have any ready you will feel like you are wasting time...able to focus on me and my personal health. Able to make recommendations for my specific conditions...She was able to recommend supplements that vastly improved egg quality for me and was able to steer me away from other ideas that weren't supported by science.
For me strengths [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] were it's close to home and has free parking. Weakness I feel like in the time I was going it got super busy. Toward the end I felt like some of the delay in treatment was due to the fact they had so many patients. I suppose that speaks to the quality of service, but sometimes it was frustrating because of course I wanted the treatment yesterday by the time I started.
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
She is a straight talker that didn't shy away from though questions. She was able to recommend supplements that vastly improved egg quality for me and was able to steer me away from other ideas that weren't supported by science.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Straight talk about women my age going through these procedures, but also able to focus on me and my personal health. Able to make recommendations for my specific conditions and things that may help or things/crazy internet ideas that just weren't scientifically supported.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I don't remember any of the details, but I know during one of the three cycles they upped my medications. On the third cycle I was able to negotiate the ultrasounds and reduce the number. This really helped the whole process to be a bit more affordable and also saved me making so many appointments so I didn't have to miss work.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Theresa was my favorite. I remember liking the entire staff and I always worked with different nurses. Everyone was friendly and able to answer questions. They always returned my calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For me strengths were it's close to home and has free parking. Weakness I feel like in the time I was going it got super busy. Toward the end I felt like some of the delay in treatment was due to the fact they had so many patients. I suppose that speaks to the quality of service, but sometimes it was frustrating because of course I wanted the treatment yesterday by the time I started.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
About $20,000/cycle including medications. IVF + PGS + ICSI + FET
Describe Colleen Casey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I was prepared to get a sermon. In the end I was just asked what I wanted. I never had more than 2 PGS tested embryos and each time I elected a single.
Minneapolis
We started with Letrozole/Clomid [with Dr. Lebovic], then moved to injectables. We ultimately chose to go with IVF which was a strenuous process but so worth it...IVF was a little added work/process but gave us better odds which is what we wanted - and now we are expecting after IVF and a frozen transfer!...was very diligent about providing us with reading material and resources on reasons for transferring one vs. two, but in the end, he respected our decision to transfer 2...did a great job of individualizing our plan of care. He made us feel like he wanted us to get pregnant just as badly as we wanted to.
Our primary nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], Dana was unbelievably caring and was a great advocate for us and our care at the clinic...the clinic provided a financial advisor at the clinic to assist in the process...has great hours (weekends as well), easy communication for scheduling and communicating with nurses over the phone, and is a very nice, pleasant environment. The one thing I will say is I wish I would have had the majority of my interactions with 1 nurse. Have a new nurse every visit inhibits continuity of care. Each nurse has to "learn" about you and what your current plan is and where you are at in your current treatment cycle. I think the care provided would be much smoother and make the patient feel more comfortable and confident in their plan of care and treatment.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Lebovic is a very kind, caring and intelligent doctor. We felt very confident in his plans throughout our time working with him. He was very quick to respond when questions were asked. We knew that he would be able to help us get pregnant, and he did!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Just make sure to be an advocate for yourself. There are a lot of patients at this clinic and at times the clinic seemed too busy to handle certain needs of ours which was frustrating at times. But with open communication and advocating for yourself as a patient, Dr. Lebovic and the clinic responded very well to our needs and desires.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I felt like a human as Dr. Lebovic did a great job of individualizing our plan of care. He made us feel like he wanted us to get pregnant just as badly as we wanted to.
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We started with Letrozole/Clomid, then moved to injectables. We ultimately chose to go with IVF which was a strenuous process but so worth it. The medications and injectables was a lot of work for 15-20% success rates monthly. IVF was a little added work/process but gave us better odds which is what we wanted - and now we are expecting after IVF and a frozen transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Our primary nurse, Dana was unbelievably caring and was a great advocate for us and our care at the clinic. The other nursing staff was spotty at times - most were extremely nice and caring and informative while others were not as friendly and not as forthcoming with information.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has great hours (weekends as well), easy communication for scheduling and communicating with nurses over the phone, and is a very nice, pleasant environment. The one thing I will say is I wish I would have had the majority of my interactions with 1 nurse. Have a new nurse every visit inhibits continuity of care. Each nurse has to "learn" about you and what your current plan is and where you are at in your current treatment cycle. I think the care provided would be much smoother and make the patient feel more comfortable and confident in their plan of care and treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
A lot of the medications and injections were covered by insurance. IVF and transferring was not covered by insurance but the clinic provided a financial advisor at the clinic to assist in the process.
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We ultimately chose to transfer 2 embryos. Dr. Lebovic was very diligent about providing us with reading material and resources on reasons for transferring one vs. two, but in the end, he respected our decision to transfer 2.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Just some poor communication when protocols needed to change - i.e. we were told we were having a fresh transfer after egg retrieval, then 1 day after the retrieval we were told we were going to have to wait a few months for a frozen transfer due to OHSS risk. In the end, I know it was the best plan, just wish it would have been better communicated that the fresh transfer may not be able to happen as planned depending on how many eggs are retrieved and my risk for OHSS.
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic was very honest in my meetings with him, he was understanding and polite without sugar-coating anything. I only met with Dr. Lebovic for my consultation, all other visits have been done with nursing staff (including IUIs) so I feel like he is not quite as available for questions or concerns as I would like him to be (but I could also just be overly needy!).
Strength: I feel the clinic [Center for Repro Med of MN] staff (reception staff, nurses, and doctors) are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. The clinic itself is very calm and tranquil, which is helpful when the reason for being at the clinic can be stressful. Weaknesses: Cost can be prohibitively expensive. I have no insurance coverage for IVF, so if our IUIs are unsuccessful I have chosen to use an IVF clinic out of state because the cost is so much cheaper than this clinic.
Don't expect him to be present at all visits or for all procedures.
Dr. Lebovic was very polite and listened to all of my concerns. I do feel like my initial consultation was quicker than I expected, which is also the only time I have been face-to-face with Dr. Lebovic. All other appointments and procedures have been with nursing staff.
My first IUI was done with 7.5 mg letrozole days 3-7. This was the same dosage I had been on previous cycles with my OBGYN and seemed to produce 1-2 dominant follicles each cycle, so we continued this dosage. I ovulate early, so I had my follicle check on day 10 with 2 follicles and triggered that night with Ovidrel 250 mcg. I had my IUI on day 12, though I feel that I ovulated too early. This cycle was unsuccessful. For my second IUI cycle, all medications and dosages were kept the same. Follicle check done on day 10, triggered on day 11 and IUI done on day 13. Currently in the waiting period to find out if we had success.
Most of my face-to-face time at the clinic has been done with the nursing staff. All of the nurses I have worked with have been very knowledgeable and friendly. They are always able to answer my questions and are compassionate about my situation.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strength: I feel the clinic staff (reception staff, nurses, and doctors) are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. The clinic itself is very calm and tranquil, which is helpful when the reason for being at the clinic can be stressful. Weaknesses: Cost can be prohibitively expensive. I have no insurance coverage for IVF, so if our IUIs are unsuccessful I have chosen to use an IVF clinic out of state because the cost is so much cheaper than this clinic.
IUI is covered under my insurance, but only up to $5000. After my first IUI, I had $3000 left which means I can only have 2.5 cycles covered by my insurance. For IVF, out of pocket cost was quoted as approximately $23,000 per cycle.
2016 - 2019, Successful
I did not feel that with my specific diagnosis’, communication, treatment modifications were made or evaluated on a per cycle basis. Treatment modification suggestions came from me and not the doctor [Dr. Casey].... Approachable and friendly. Easy to get follow-up appointments and willing to talk over the phone.... I had OHSS but was not taken seriously, I had to beg to be seen and treated.
Front desk staff [Ctr for Repro Med of MN], phlebotomist, and some nurses not very friendly and treat you like a number. When something is going on medically different, it’s hard to communicate with staff and hard to hear back from them or hard to feel like you’re being taken seriously.... Just sometimes failure to follow through with what they said they would do. You feel like you are bothering them if you have questions. They failed to call with beta results and call in prescriptions. I had to call a couple times to request them again.
Approachable and friendly. Easy to get follow-up appointments and willing to talk over the phone. Does not think outside the box or suggest alternative/Chinese medicine to help. Supplements are never discussed and not taken seriously, outside of take a prenatal.
Be your own advocate and do your research.
I did not feel that with my specific diagnosis’, communication, treatment modifications were made or evaluated on a per cycle basis. Treatment modification suggestions came from me and not the doctor. I do not feel that treatment outside of prescribed medications (eg. diet modifications, supplements, Chinese medicine, etc.) were taken seriously when brought up by me. I had OHSS but was not taken seriously, I had to beg to be seen and treated.
Gonal-f 75 Femara 5 Orividrel trigger Progesterone
Treat you like a number. Most do not talk to you about anything other than treatment. Once, a nurse completely missed that there was fluid still in my uterus on cd10. I had to tell her what the ultrasound tech said.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Front desk staff, phlebotomist, and some nurses not very friendly and treat you like a number. When something is going on medically different, it’s hard to communicate with staff and hard to hear back from them or hard to feel like you’re being taken seriously.
I don’t remember. A list was provided at the beginning of treatment what my ins covered with IUIs.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Due to having our embryos tested, we only transferred one [with Dr. Colleen Casey]...She was direct and answered all questions I had. After my first retrieval when none of my embryos tested were healthy, I was devastated. After she called with the results I was able to get an appointment with her to discuss my options...At first I wasn’t sure I liked her, as she’s not super warm and fuzzy. But she was thorough and answered all of my questions with diagrams as well. She changed protocols as soon as my first stim cycle didn’t generate eggs as expected.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] worked hard to get appointments as needed. I even went in on thanksgiving - a nurse let me in! - for part of my cycle...We used an agonist protocol the 2nd time around, as the first time I didn’t have enough egg stimulation. I guess it’s normal to start off the way we did (I don’t remember all the details) but this seemed to work much better...Due to having our embryos tested, we only transferred one.
If you want someone direct, she’s good. At first I wasn’t sure I liked her, as she’s not super warm and fuzzy. But she was thorough and answered all of my questions with diagrams as well. She changed protocols as soon as my first stim cycle didn’t generate eggs as expected.
Ask her about next steps if the first time around doesn’t work. Also ASK ABOUT TESTING! it made a world of difference for us and helps create a healthy pregnancy, in my perspective.
From my memory, most were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Waiting room is hard to be in, but not sure how to make that better. I seemed to remember that they worked hard to get appointments as needed. I even went in on thanksgiving - a nurse let me in! - for part of my cycle.
My monitoring was all covered from my insurance. But meds and IVF procedures were not. It was incredibly expensive.
Due to having our embryos tested, we only transferred one.
Minneapolis

Dr. Hopeman treated my partner and I with empathy and respect. She carefully explained results and answered all questions without judgment. While we haven’t had success yet I feel she is rooting for us while also giving us reasonable expectations of what our results mean. ... Dr. Hopeman was great at getting back to us with any questions, so while we may not have seen her I never felt like we are a number. She does a really great job at explaining results and also explaining areas of the process where there just isn’t enough research. Her overall approach is very warm. I highly highly recommend her.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] have set times when they do things so you often have to plan your day around that. The main area of weakness is you can’t speak to nursing staff directly, instead you have to leave a message. They are great at getting back within 24 hours or less and calling during set times (as in times you know you would be available). It can be a little stressful though if you do miss the call as you then will need to leave a message again.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
At this clinic you do not often see your provider. Dr. Hopeman was great at getting back to us with any questions, so while we may not have seen her I never felt like we are a number. She does a really great job at explaining results and also explaining areas of the process where there just isn’t enough research. Her overall approach is very warm. I highly highly recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
If you have a question just ask- she is great at explaining the process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
IUI with follistem
Most of the nurses are great; however, some at times can be a little less understanding and can seem rushed or less willing to explain results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This is a great clinic overall. They have set times when they do things so you often have to plan your day around that. The main area of weakness is you can’t speak to nursing staff directly, instead you have to leave a message. They are great at getting back within 24 hours or less and calling during set times (as in times you know you would be available). It can be a little stressful though if you do miss the call as you then will need to leave a message again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Insurance covered most except medications.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Minneapolis

Lebovic did an amazing job responding to our emails and phone calls with questions. He is very gentle and seems to genuinely care about us. He also seemed understanding of the emotional turbulence that comes with treatment...was timely with after hours phone calls and emails. His gentle manner helped ease our anxiety on several occasions. He consistently did a good job explaining treatments and what to expect. His understanding of the stress physically and mentally was especially appreciated during this long and stressful process.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was very hit or miss. Some nurses gave excellent, detailed care. Other nurses were short and at times rude if we had extra questions regarding our care...We did the Affirm program to pay for IVF. Highly recommend. I believe that is around 26000 for a live birth...Strength is Lebovic and the other doctors we encountered for procedures. The Weakness is some of the nurses and ultrasound techs that could work on their bed side manner. Especially during such a stressful and challenging time, a rude nurse can hurt more than it might otherwise.
Lebovic was timely with after hours phone calls and emails. His gentle manner helped ease our anxiety on several occasions. He consistently did a good job explaining treatments and what to expect. His understanding of the stress physically and mentally was especially appreciated during this long and stressful process.
Trust the process. Trust Lebovic. Reach out to him when you need support. Sometimes just hearing his words helped calm us down from the fear of infertility.
Lebovic did an amazing job responding to our emails and phone calls with questions. He is very gentle and seems to genuinely care about us. He also seemed understanding of the emotional turbulence that comes with treatment. At times, it felt like there were too many patients at the clinic because it took so long to schedule some of our appointments.
The nursing staff was very hit or miss. Some nurses gave excellent, detailed care. Other nurses were short and at times rude if we had extra questions regarding our care.
Minneapolis

He is very thoughtful and methodical. He lays out all the options and explains things well and always answers our questions. He doesn't mince words. He allowed us to choose treatment steps that were best for us. ... I am just starting an IVF cycle and I will start on birth control pills, do follistim + generelix then trigger with hcg or lupron depending on my risk of OHSS at that time. We will have special sperm testing and if it looks ok we will not do ICSI. We plan on doing fresh transfer if possible.
There are two convenient locations and they [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] have a rule about patients not bringing children which is really nice. We sometimes felt a little unsure about the plan or things worked more slowly than we wanted. ... They [nursing staff] have been friendly so far and good communicators. They answered our questions. Sometimes response time is slower than I would like.
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Have your questions ready ahead of time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He kept track of my history and he gave me options based on my priorities.
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
They have been friendly so far and good communicators. They answered our questions. Sometimes response time is slower than I would like.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
There are two convenient locations and they have a rule about patients not bringing children which is really nice. We sometimes felt a little unsure about the plan or things worked more slowly than we wanted.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Each IVF cycle is 15,000. FET is about 5,000. There is an insurance program that patients can apply to participate in.
Describe Mark Damario's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He recommended single embryo transfer unless the quality of embryos is poor in which case we could transfer two embryos. He states he prefers single embryo transfer due to the risks associated with multiples.
St. Paul

He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] walked us through each step, what needed to be done at each step such as taking the oral meds, injections and what the % of each working...was one of the most caring doctors I have ever met and worked with. He gave both myself and my husband the hope and reassurance to become a family. He was quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I had even over the weekend...I was so nervous and scarred that I was never going to be able to have a baby and Dr Lebovic supported us and made us feel that this was going to happen for us! New Patient Advice
They [The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] have the IUI process down to a perfect science. everyone was so nice and did such a great job explaining everything step by step no weaknesses great supports and care. Nurses got back to me very fast...He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] walked us through each step, what needed to be done at each step such as taking the oral meds, injections and what the % of each working
The support and care we received from both Dr Lebovic was above and beyond anything we expected. Dr Lebovic was always quick to respond to my emails even over the weekend. I was so nervous and scarred that I was never going to be able to have a baby and Dr Lebovic supported us and made us feel that this was going to happen for us!
You will feel supported and get the best care. At my first appointment with Dr Lebovic I asked him if I was his daughter what would he say or do or the advice he would give his own daughter and he was 100% truthful when answering and said that is what he would tell his own daughter.
Dan Lebovic, MD was one of the most caring doctors I have ever met and worked with. He gave both myself and my husband the hope and reassurance to become a family. He was quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I had even over the weekend.
He walked us through each step, what needed to be done at each step such as taking the oral meds, injections and what the % of each working
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They have the IUI process down to a perfect science. everyone was so nice and did such a great job explaining everything step by step no weaknesses great supports and care. Nurses got back to me very fast
only co-pays
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Meg Hopeman] is very knowledgeable about her field of information. She was able To draw a uterus upside down to show us the process of stuff. Very down to earth person, comes out to the waiting room and gets her own pts...She is only wanting to transfer one embryo as my husband and I are both at risk for twins and we are only 30...At our first consult she googled where we were from, because she didn’t know our town. She asked me and my husband questions about our jobs. She has called me multiple times her self with my lab results
Price [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] seems with in average cost range. Billing department does a great job!...Easy to get to. I hate driving in the cities, but it’s an easy location and they send you directions. Lobby is very nice and relaxing. There is a little lack of communication with the registration staff and nurses as I hit traffic one day and was running late and I called but the front desk for got to tell the nurses...
She is very knowledgeable about her field of information. She was able To draw a uterus upside down to show us the process of stuff. Very down to earth person, comes out to the waiting room and gets her own pts
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
We are doing IVF
We may see a different nurse each time but they have all taken the time to get to know me better
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Price seems with in average cost range. Billing department does a great job!
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Joshua Kapfhamer] is extremely warm, compassionate, and professional. He took the time to meet with us after a follicle monitoring appointment, even when we had no appointment scheduled. He reassured us big time and was so helpful. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone!...Antagonist protocol - kept doses low due to high AMH IVF w/ICSI PGT-SR testing (due to known balanced translocation) 1st FET of one embryo resulted in successful pregnancy!
This clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is extremely organized and well run! They were very prompt when we arrived for appointments. They also answer phone calls very quickly, which is great! Weaknesses- sometimes the appointments were so quick and we felt like we didn't get as much direction as we would have liked...Recommended single embryo transfer, as embryos were genetically tested...Antagonist protocol - kept doses low due to high AMH IVF w/ICSI PGT-SR testing (due to known balanced translocation) 1st FET of one embryo resulted in successful pregnancy!
How was your experience with Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He is extremely warm, compassionate, and professional. He took the time to meet with us after a follicle monitoring appointment, even when we had no appointment scheduled. He reassured us big time and was so helpful. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Trust him- he knows what he is doing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He ALWAYS took the time to listen to us and address our concerns. We never felt like a number/another patient on his caseload. He is very compassionate and warm!!!
Describe the protocols Joshua Kapfhamer used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic is extremely organized and well run! They were very prompt when we arrived for appointments. They also answer phone calls very quickly, which is great! Weaknesses- sometimes the appointments were so quick and we felt like we didn't get as much direction as we would have liked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Retrieval - $12-15K? Transfer - $4K
Describe Joshua Kapfhamer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Recommended single embryo transfer, as embryos were genetically tested
Joshua Kapfhamer
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Meg Hopeman] was very kind and compassionate. We had a natural pregnancy before our transfer, which resulted in the stillbirth of our son Louis at 25 weeks. She was very kind...is very sincere, kind and compassionate, but CRM as a whole treats you like just a number. She listened, answered questions, and gave us a sense of hope during our FET cycle. She took the time to go over what the FET would look like, and gave us a recommendation on whether or not to transfer one or two embryos.
For an FET it runs about $5000 [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...The strengths is that you don’t have to wait a long time from your appointment time. Dr. Hopeman truly had compassion. You could always get an appointment time when you needed it. The weakness, you feel shuffled around and just a number. There is a lack of empathy from the entire staff. You’re dealing with super broken and vulnerable people, so it would be nice to feel welcomed.
I think Dr. Hopeman is very sincere, kind and compassionate, but CRM as a whole treats you like just a number. She listened, answered questions, and gave us a sense of hope during our FET cycle. She took the time to go over what the FET would look like, and gave us a recommendation on whether or not to transfer one or two embryos.
Bring a notebook full of questions to ask during the consultation.
She was very kind and compassionate. We had a natural pregnancy before our transfer, which resulted in the stillbirth of our son Louis at 25 weeks. She was very kind.
Birth Control for three weeks, Lupron, then Etrace, then PIO shots
They are pretty cold. I did have one during my lining check that was very kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For an FET it runs about $5000.
She said after a stillborn experience, we should only transfer one.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Lebovic was always nice to us when we communicate or consult with him...is a knowledgeable specialist and professional. If you are lokking for a cheerleader he many not be for you, but he knows what can be done for treatments and we feel very fortunate that we were under his care...We had 5 IUI and 1 IVF under the care of Dr. Lebovic. We had an unknown cause of infertility. We have our daughter from IUI previously before we met Dr. Lebovic, so we agreed to start with IUI to begin with.
I was not a big fan of the reception at the clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. I did not feel so welcome when I check-in every single time. After checking-in I had to wait outside the clinic/downstairs to get them ready for me because I had a company(my daughter)...They [nurses] were nice to talk and communicate in person...We had 5 IUI and 1 IVF under the care of Dr. Lebovic. We had an unknown cause of infertility. We have our daughter from IUI previously before we met Dr. Lebovic, so we agreed to start with IUI to begin with.
Dr. Lebovic is a knowledgeable specialist and professional. If you are lokking for a cheerleader he many not be for you, but he knows what can be done for treatments and we feel very fortunate that we were under his care.
Know what you want and your limitations(time, cost, etc), and ask him any question you have in your mind. He will do his best to answer you.
Dr. Lebovic was always nice to us when we communicate or consult with him.
They were nice to talk and communicate in person.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I was not a big fan of the reception at the clinic. I did not feel so welcome when I check-in every single time. After checking-in I had to wait outside the clinic/downstairs to get them ready for me because I had a company(my daughter). It was not convenient for me, but I do not intend to complain about it. I totally understand that they have lots of other eyes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nothing specific to comment.
I would assume that it is around 20K with 5 IUI and 1 IVF.
Nothing to comment.
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] is very dry. Sometimes he forgets the patient is not an expert like him. He is easy to reach by email. He calls jmmediatley with test results. He is very research based and will provide recommendations to you based on how he would advise his loved ones.... Antagonist protocol 300 gonal f 150 menopur centrotide and a dual trigger with Lupron 80 units. Second cycle he added HGH.
You do not see the same person twice [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN- Minneapolis]. They have a quick in and out process. Billing is very non aggressive. Front desk staff are very friendly and private. All doctors are knowledgeable and informative. Parking is free!!... He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] was willing to do three embryos for a three day fresh transfer... Approx 10k-12 k for an IVF cycle with insurance coverage for monitoring. Additional 2200 for pgs testing.
He is very dry. Sometimes he forgets the patient is not an expert like him. He is easy to reach by email. He calls jmmediatley with test results. He is very research based and will provide recommendations to you based on how he would advise his loved ones.
Don't expect him to be very friendly. He is pretty down to business.
Protocol pretty standard and errors with it. However, he provided phone calls and emails as I needed to discuss.
Saw many of the same nurses. One nurse did most of my procedures and she was great. They were helpful with directions and calling to follow up.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
You do not see the same person twice. They have a quick in and out process. Billing is very non aggressive. Front desk staff are very friendly and private. All doctors are knowledgeable and informative. Parking is free!!
He was willing to do three embryos for a three day fresh transfer
Minneapolis
We met our doctor [Dr. Mark Damario] for our initial consultation and then after our ectopic pregnancy for a follow up and to see what our next game plan would be. He explained what our next steps will be cleary.... Letrazole 2.5 mg, ovidrel, and IUI-negative pregnancy results. Letrazole 5 mg, ovidrel, iui- positive pregnancy test that ended up ectopic. Will do the same protocol after a 3 month wait and hsg testing.
It [Center for Reproductive Med of MN- St. Paul] is a small clinic so if more specialized care is needed you will need to go to their Mpls office which is there main location. Clinic in st.paul is smaller, easy to get to, and parking is easy. Mpls office is larger in a shared building with a ramp.... You may have to go to their Mpls office for weekend visits or if you need trained techs to do your ultrasounds like I did. It wasn't a big deal for me to do so.
St.paul is a small office, but I don't mind that. We met our doctor for our initial consultation and then after our ectopic pregnancy for a follow up and to see what our next game plan would be. He explained what our next steps will be cleary.
In the middle. We work with mostly nurses after the consultation.
There are many nurses so I feel like i'm always seeing/ meeting a new one but all have been helpful.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It is a small clinic so if more specialized care is needed you will need to go to their Mpls office which is there main location. Clinic in st.paul is smaller, easy to get to, and parking is easy. Mpls office is larger in a shared building with a ramp.
Around $1500 with medications, ultrasounds and IUI.
St. Paul

Besides the initial appointment [with Dr. Dan Lebovic] I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine....He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest...He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution...I would highly recommend and am confident he’ll get is pregnant...7.5mg letrozols days 3-7, ovidrel trigger after monitoring, bd after trigger, IUI.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota has] great hours, and communication. Expensive without insurance, but most fertility centers are. I do like that they are honest about the success chances as well as finances. I would recommend though...Everyone has been super nice and efficient...Besides the initial appointment [with Dr. Dan Lebovic] I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine....He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest...He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution...I would
Besides the initial appointment I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine. He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution.
I would highly recommend and am confident he’ll get is pregnant.
He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest.
Everyone has been super nice and efficient
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nearby, great hours, and communication. Expensive without insurance, but most fertility centers are. I do like that they are honest about the success chances as well as finances. I would recommend though.
So far I have had insurance coverage
Na

2017 - 2019, Successful
He made himself available via email and never made me feel bad if I reached out to him. He made me feel important and on this journey, you need someone like that because it is extremely taxing on your soul. ... Dr. Lebovic is a very kind and gentle soul. He is very honest and doesn’t tell you what you want to hear, instead he is a straight shooter but he has a way of doing so that is compassionate and empathetic.
They [CRM of MN] need to focus more on the patient and their experience. More hand holding...checking on the patient ....educating the patient on every step and what to expect. Don’t just assume we know. ... I dealt with several nurses throughout my journey. Some great but others not so great. ... I didn’t feel important. ... There were times I was so sad and confused and had no clue what was happening at all the ultrasounds leading up to the egg retrieval, and the nurses just treated you like cattle herding. Just another one girl and keep them moving.
Dr. Lebovic is a very kind and gentle soul. He is very honest and doesn’t tell you what you want to hear, instead he is a straight shooter but he has a way of doing so that is compassionate and empathetic. He is different from other physicians in the regard that he makes himself available to his patients via email. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me on my journey with IVF. There were many times I had a question and didn’t think I should have to spend $100 for a meeting to ask one question since I was already spending thousands and thousands on the ivf process. He made himself available via email and never made me feel bad if I reached out to him. He made me feel important and on this journey, you need someone like that because it is extremely taxing on your soul.
Be prepared to go through a lot but know that you will have an honest doctor that will tell you the truth and support you all the way.
Dr.Lebovic made me feel important no matter what time of day it was and no question was ever silly or bothersome to him. I could email him with concerns or questions and within 15 minutes he would respond to me. I felt secure knowing he was my doctor.
I dealt with several nurses throughout my journey. Some great but others not so great. There were times I was so sad and confused and had no clue what was happening at all the ultrasounds leading up to the egg retrieval, and the nurses just treated you like cattle herding. Just another one girl and keep them moving. I didn’t feel important. As a new person to IVF, I had no clue what to expect but I certainly didn’t feel like a special patient going through one of the hardest things ever in life and spending thousands of dollars.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They need to focus more on the patient and their experience. More hand holding...checking on the patient ....educating the patient on every step and what to expect. Don’t just assume we know. Don’t be afraid to stop the nurse and ask questions. They owe you the time and curtesy of making sure you feel secure about your choice.
We spent over $50k. 2 IUI, 2 egg retrieval with 1 viable transfer, 2 blast through Cryos and 1 transfer.
He was very honest with me about transfering only one. He said it would not be a good idea health wise but also it really would not increase my chances of success but rather increase my chances of multiples. And that would not be healthy for me at 40 years old
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic seems distant and scientific at first, but he just wants to make sure we understand all prospects and options before going further. He is really warm and caring during treatments and is very knowledgeable about fertility treatments, which can vary so much from cycle to cycle...I saw dr. Lebovic for over 1.5 years starting with diagnosis and traveling through all options which eventually lead to IVF. I always felt like dr. Lebovic reviewed my actual numbers and results from each cycle, then adjusted the treatment plan based on my progress and how my body was responding. I never felt like he gave a generic treatment plan, rather, we always felt like our care was personalized.
The phones weren’t answered when I would call [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], just long recorded messages. The staff stopped making calls by 3:30pm, turned off phones for a lunch hour, and overall it was a hastle to make contact over the phone...Over our time at the clinic we did many different treatments. The prices varied, but nothing was a surprise. We sat down with their insurance ladies before each treatment and got the cost breakdown prior to payment.
Dr. Lebovic is very matter of fact, he knows the science and statistics of each option we talked about. He was very flexible with our treatment, always considering the numbers and progress of my cycle instead of just providing us with a blanketed generic treatment. Dr. Lebovic was great at replying to questions and emailing us with answers to any type of question we had, no matter the time of day. He worked with us for over a year and a half, and I truly feel like we had a successful pregnancy because of his attention and care.
Dr. Lebovic always greeted us with warmth and care. He knew our situation really well and always reached out to us about our appointments even when we didn’t need to see him.
Nurses always took the time to fully explain results and next steps. They listened to questions and worries very respectfully. However, there were multiple appointments where I had to remind the nurses of our situation. I didn’t feel like they reviewed my account before meeting.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is very clean and well organized. The rooms were comfortable and sterilized. The desk staff were very short and rude 95% of the time, they treated me as if I didn’t know anything. The lab technicians, HR staff and insurance staff were all very helpful and friendly.
Dr. Lebovic preferred that we only transfer a single embryo when doing FET for multiple reasons.
It was very challenging to get ahold of the clinic to schedule appointments, ask questions, or return calls. I have a job where I cannot wait by the phone, and would often have to call back after a voicemail was left. The phones weren’t answered when I would call, just long recorded messages. The staff stopped making calls by 3:30pm, turned off phones for a lunch hour, and overall it was a hastle to make contact over the phone. The ladies at the front desk were also very rude. They weren’t quiet about personal appointments or information. They made patients wait so they could finish their own personal conversations and their go to behavior was to be rude to patients. Not a good environment to greet such a great and hard working clinic.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
While he [Dr. Lebovic] is quiet, he is very caring and willing to go the extra mile...was cautious and sent good information to support his stance on single embryo transfer. In our last frozen cycle, after a few unsuccessful cycles, we did transfer 2 - and we are currently pregnant with twins... was always willing to answer questions or address concerns, quickly responded to emails and was genuinely caring...
We elected to go with the Attain program [with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] and so glad we did. It was well worth it.With this program, you have the opportunity to go through 3 fresh and up to 3 frozen cycles. I believe the cost was around $26,000 or so. Medication costs are in addition to. Fresh cycle medication costs typically ended up around $5,500 - $6,000. Frozen cycle cost for meds was minimal
Dr. Lebovic showed care and compassion during some very challenging cycles. When we experienced a rare condition early on with one of our pregnancies, he helped get us the information we needed to better understand what was happening.
While he is quiet, he is very caring and willing to go the extra mile
Dr. Lebovic was always willing to answer questions or address concerns, quickly responded to emails and was genuinely caring.
We were on an antagonist protocol for all of our fresh IVF cycles. Standard protocol was starting with birth control day 3 of cycle (typically on for 15-18 days) and then once medications cycle began 2 vials of menopur in AM + Gonal F or Follistem in evening (300). Results varied by cycle. Our most successful cycle was when we added in ICSI after retrieval. Frozen cycle protocol was Estrace, followed by Progestrone once the lining was ready. Earlier frozen transfer used to be suppositories, but now standard protocol is Progesterone in Oil
Friendly and compassionate. Most seemed very knowledgeable. Returned calls within reasonable timeframe
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths: Appointments were easy to schedule, wait times were not horrible relatively speaking. Nice to often have the same lab tech, same few ultrasound tech/nurses. Weaknesses: Navigating the medicines can be challenging for someone who is new to the process; having better information on what pharmacies offer best rates, convenience, etc. would be really nice
We elected to go with the Attain program and so glad we did. It was well worth it.With this program, you have the opportunity to go through 3 fresh and up to 3 frozen cycles. I believe the cost was around $26,000 or so. Medication costs are in addition to. Fresh cycle medication costs typically ended up around $5,500 - $6,000. Frozen cycle cost for meds was minimal
Dr. Lebovic was cautious and sent good information to support his stance on single embryo transfer. In our last frozen cycle, after a few unsuccessful cycles, we did transfer 2 - and we are currently pregnant with twins.
Their was conflicting information regarding a situation; it was resolved quickly. I think it was a matter of internal miscommunication
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Lebovic explained everything in detail . I knew what was going to happen at all times . ... I knew from the very first visit what my chances were getting pregnant with my own eggs . Even though it was hard to hear I appreciated that he told us our percent of conception using my egg vs a donor egg . I did have some set backs but, he took a hold of the situation and was so kind and understanding and very supportive
CRM is clean , friendly staff, Professional . I had a wonderful experience with all staff . ... The support and care I got from all of the nurses was OUTSTANDING ! They all were kind , compassionate and just a call away if I needed anything . ... Dori, DeNae and Jill are AMAZING !!!! I was so comfortable to call with any questions and they always called back the same day . ...
Dr Dan Lebovic is caring compassionate and understanding. I knew from the very first visit what my chances were getting pregnant with my own eggs . Even though it was hard to hear I appreciated that he told us our percent of conception using my egg vs a donor egg . I did have some set backs but, he took a hold of the situation and was so kind and understanding and very supportive . I could not have made it though this process without him !
You can trust his judgment. He has your best interest and will help you to have a baby if it's possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Dori , DeNae and Jill )
Dori, DeNae and Jill are AMAZING !!!! I was so comfortable to call with any questions and they always called back the same day . The support and care I got from all of the nurses was OUTSTANDING ! They all were kind , compassionate and just a call away if I needed anything .
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM is clean , friendly staff, Professional . I had a wonderful experience with all staff . Dr dan lebovic and the nurses Dori, DeNae and Jill were great ! I really don't have anything negative to say about CRM .
We knew that we were transferring two embryos .
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic gave us the odds, the options, and all the positives and negatives from the beginning. He was staright forward, answered my emails right away and his treatment plan got us pregnant on the first attempt... We use femara, decay,amd one other additional medication to help me ovulate. Then specifically timed intercourse... Dr. Lebovic spend a good amount of time upon meeting us to ask questions about my history, our previous attempts at a child and overall history. He joked with us, made us feel comfortable and gave us plenty of time to ask questions. I never felt like any question was stupid
[CCRM of MN] Feels very warm and welcoming. Each patients treatment is very private and you have no idea what other couplesthere are doing do to how well they keep treatments private. They validate your parking and the rooms that are appropriate to have windows in are big and bright.... They took so much additional time to make sure I knew exactly when to take specific pills and answered all my questions
Dont feel bad about emailing him late at night. He never seemed to mind and was always quick to respond
Minneapolis

I only saw Dr. Lebovic once during my whole time at CRM and that was the initial appointment -which felt very rushed and rehearsed/scripted/same things told to everyone. I saw different doctors for each procedure but I never had him for anything even though he was my "doctor."...He is very blunt and to the point with questions and concerns...Kind of a move em in-ship 'em out feeling.
I wish that I didn't have to leave a message every time I had a question and *hope* for a call back the same day [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. Most of the time it was the next day and I never got the same person. I know some are assigned one, they can email questions, etc at other clinics...I know that CRM is a busy clinic but I never felt like I talked to the same person hardly ever. I never got to know any of the doctors or nurses as I talked to/saw someone different every time. Kind of a move em in-ship 'em out feeling.
He is very blunt and to the point with questions and concerns.
All of the nurses that I talked to worked with were nice, I just wish I was assigned one vs speaking with multiple nurses about everything. I never got the same one.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think the hard thing going into IVF is your expectations vs what happens. I have a couple friends who went through IVF and then just being in IVF groups you see how other clinics do things. I wish that I didn't have to leave a message every time I had a question and *hope* for a call back the same day. Most of the time it was the next day and I never got the same person. I know some are assigned one, they can email questions, etc at other clinics.
I believe I paid around 21,000 when all was said and done.
We were told we could only transfer one the entire time we were going through our process and then on transfer day they said we could do two if we wanted.
Just wish there was more open communication with nurses/doctors, etc at this clinic. I also wish I had more compassion from them when I had my miscarriage. You spend $$$$ and then to go through a miscarriage and be brushed off is hard and it hurts. I felt like they wanted to rush into my next transfer right away.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Damario] never seemed to study up on the current cycle's prior visits and it felt like we were telling him what happened...always seemed wishy washy and not assertive enough with his opinion and assessment of the cycle status. I would have preferred someone who was more confident. He also never followed up with me after the 2 miscarriages...The nurses showed more compassion following our miscarriages than the dr. did.
Strength [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] - allowing you to do monitoring in St Paul or Minneapolis. Weaknesses - (1) not always giving more than 24 hours notice for the amount you have to prepay per visit, if you don't have insurance. (2) No communication from management to clinic finance person that their contract with health insurance provider was updated and patient wasn't supposed to prepay anything
Dr Demario always seemed wishy washy and not assertive enough with his opinion and assessment of the cycle status. I would have preferred someone who was more confident. He also never followed up with me after the 2 miscarriages.
Ask lots of questions if you don't understand something.
He never seemed to study up on the current cycle's prior visits and it felt like we were telling him what happened.
2016 we had 3 iui's with follistim, femara, and ovidrel to trigger. 2017 we had 2 ivf cycles (stims, retrieval, icsi, embryo transfer. First round was birth control for initial suppression, then follistim, menopur, endometrin, minivelle patches, hcg injection for trigger. Second round was the same except for increased follistim, coQ10 supplement, and I think we added in microdose Lupron. In 2018 we had 1 FET with the 2 remaining embryos from 2017 round 2, with birth control for initial suppression, estradiol tablets, and PIO injections.
The nurses showed more compassion following our miscarriages than the dr. did. They were also always willing to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strength - allowing you to do monitoring in St Paul or Minneapolis. Weaknesses - (1) not always giving more than 24 hours notice for the amount you have to prepay per visit, if you don't have insurance. (2) No communication from management to clinic finance person that their contract with health insurance provider was updated and patient wasn't supposed to prepay anything
I believe our reimbursement for the ART side of the first cycle was $9870. That does not include any bloodwork, monitoring appointments, or medication. The reimbursement we got the 2nd time was slightly higher due to needing embryo cryopreservation.
We only ever got grade 3 embryos. When we arrived at our FET in January 2018 he encouraged us to consider transferring 2 which would increase the chance of 1 sticking.
We were thankful to have insurance coverage and the way our first cycle went is we prepaid everything to the clinic and then submitted to insurance for reimbursement later. That in itself is a whole different story. We did the same prepay/request reimbursement the 2nd time and we found out after the fact that a contract was agreed to and nobody informed my clinic and the insurance company thought i was going to send all of the money back to them that they had reimbursed me for. They wanted to do it that way and re-process all of the claims through insurance first. It was a major nightmare.
St. Paul

I didn't get to see Dr. Casey much throughout our fresh cycle. All of the ultrasounds scans, med modifications, and communication is done through the nursing staff. In addition, Dr. Casey was not the physician who performed the egg retrieval or the transfer of our embryos.... Dr. Casey is very knowledgeable and passionate about helping couples become parents. When our fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy, she personally called me to discuss the results, what potentially happened, and what our next steps forward would look like.
The nursing staff handles most, if not all, the communication between patient and doctor. It is nice to be able to talk with the nurse after each appointment to discuss current plan and any changes that may need to be made by the doctor. One weakness about the nursing staff at CRM, is that they often times don't call back the same day to answer important questions or respond to time sensitive information (i.e. got my period - when should I start birth control pills, etc.).
Dr. Casey is very knowledgeable and passionate about helping couples become parents. When our fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy, she personally called me to discuss the results, what potentially happened, and what our next steps forward would look like. She was positive and reassuring that we would some day be parents.
Ask ALOT of questions and be sure you really understand the plan - the only dumb question is the one not asked!!
I didn't get to see Dr. Casey much throughout our fresh cycle. All of the ultrasounds scans, med modifications, and communication is done through the nursing staff. In addition, Dr. Casey was not the physician who performed the egg retrieval or the transfer of our embryos. That was disappointing.
We had an antagonist protocol for our first egg retrieval cycle. I was on the lowest dose of stimulation meds. My meds included: 75 units of Menopur & 150 iu of Follistim. I stimulated extremely quickly and already had 5 mature eggs at my first ultrasound (stim day 5). I hadn't started the antagonist (Ganirelix) until immediately after that first ultrasound. However, I was a little worried that I stimulated so quickly - would they be good quality eggs? would my lining be ready to accept a transfer? ... At my ultrasound the next day, I had 8 mature eggs so they decided to have me trigger that night. I triggered with 10,000iu of HCG. I was also a little concerned that there wasn't any lining checks or measurements throughout the process of this fresh cycle. Overall, the process was pretty seamless. I was lucky and didn't have many side effects or discomfort during stimulation or after retrieval.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They take confidentiality seriously - but that also gives off a cold and secluded vibe. This could also be due to the nature that is infertility - a silent battle for each couple. The scheduling/office staff is always friendly and returns phone calls promptly.
Baseline Ultrasound ($263 ea.) - 1 Follow-Up Ultrasounds ($216 ea.) - 2 Office Visits ($89 ea.) - ? Labs ($181 ea.) - 3 Egg Retrieval - $3791 Embryo Transfer - $1669 Embryo Culture - $1810 Identification - $680 Anesthesia - $374 ICSI - $1200 Cryopreservation of Embryos - $1200 Ultrasounds (retrieval and transfer) - $635 Lab prep for transfer - $450 Medications - $2850.84
The doctor who did our transfer didn't put up much of a fight or invite any sort of discussion around the topic. We only had 1 blastocyst at day 5 (transfer day) and a less mature morula (day 4 cell). He also said that we likely wouldn't have any that made it to freeze. So... we decided to transfer 2 because that increased our chance of getting at least one by 10%. He didn't give us any explanation about why he only recommended an eSET and just said, "it's up to you". This was disappointing - especially now on the other side of transfer still not pregnant. In addition, I have done an incredible (spent HOURS on google) amount of researching on the best route and why - something that should be presented as pro's and con's at time of transfer.
Minneapolis

Dr. Kuneck is very direct and upfront with his recommendations. He did a lovely job of balancing giving his opinion with also giving space for my husband and I to make decisions. I am still in the course of my first IVF treatment, but I really appreciate his honesty and optimism. Dr. Kuneck also was quite comfortable with moving straight to IVF rather than spending time on IUIs that would only marginally increase my chances of success.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN] has been incredibly responsive to my questions and concerns. I had some initial insurance issues and they were very supportive along the way and helped me make sure that I got all of my medications on time.... I do not see my doctor on every visit and I understand for some people that would be a problem. I do know that my doctor is very actively involved though and reviews my case each time I get bloodwork or have an ultrasound done. I think the clinic runs efficiently.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I would say be open to any option. Dr. Kuneck wants you to achieve success but will also defer to your decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Kuneck is very direct but kind in his manner. He's incredibly knowledgeable and always makes me feel welcome.
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
This is my first IVF cycle, so we decided to go with the typical course knowing that it might take a cycle or two to figure out how my body responds. I am still in my cycle. I did 22 days of bcp, on day 19 on bcp I started Lupron. Then I began menopur and gonal f on day 11 of lupron. On day 3 of STIMS I went in for bloodwork and then had my dosages adjusted. My next step is an ultrasound and blood work on day 5 of STIMS.
The nursing staff has been incredibly responsive to my questions and concerns. I had some initial insurance issues and they were very supportive along the way and helped me make sure that I got all of my medications on time.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic has many strengths. I have found the nursing team and doctors to be incredibly supportive and informative. I do not see my doctor on every visit and I understand for some people that would be a problem. I do know that my doctor is very actively involved though and reviews my case each time I get bloodwork or have an ultrasound done. I think the clinic runs efficiently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I have a strong insurance package but this requires reimbursement. Medications cost $2000 so far (after insurance reimbursement) and I needed to pay up-front $10000 for the IVF cycle.
Describe Paul Kuneck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
No comments