Chaska
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118
651-379-3110

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
While he [Dr. Lebovic] is quiet, he is very caring and willing to go the extra mile...was cautious and sent good information to support his stance on single embryo transfer. In our last frozen cycle, after a few unsuccessful cycles, we did transfer 2 - and we are currently pregnant with twins... was always willing to answer questions or address concerns, quickly responded to emails and was genuinely caring...
We elected to go with the Attain program [with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] and so glad we did. It was well worth it.With this program, you have the opportunity to go through 3 fresh and up to 3 frozen cycles. I believe the cost was around $26,000 or so. Medication costs are in addition to. Fresh cycle medication costs typically ended up around $5,500 - $6,000. Frozen cycle cost for meds was minimal
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Lebovic showed care and compassion during some very challenging cycles. When we experienced a rare condition early on with one of our pregnancies, he helped get us the information we needed to better understand what was happening.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
While he is quiet, he is very caring and willing to go the extra mile
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Lebovic was always willing to answer questions or address concerns, quickly responded to emails and was genuinely caring.
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We were on an antagonist protocol for all of our fresh IVF cycles. Standard protocol was starting with birth control day 3 of cycle (typically on for 15-18 days) and then once medications cycle began 2 vials of menopur in AM + Gonal F or Follistem in evening (300). Results varied by cycle. Our most successful cycle was when we added in ICSI after retrieval. Frozen cycle protocol was Estrace, followed by Progestrone once the lining was ready. Earlier frozen transfer used to be suppositories, but now standard protocol is Progesterone in Oil
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Friendly and compassionate. Most seemed very knowledgeable. Returned calls within reasonable timeframe
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths: Appointments were easy to schedule, wait times were not horrible relatively speaking. Nice to often have the same lab tech, same few ultrasound tech/nurses. Weaknesses: Navigating the medicines can be challenging for someone who is new to the process; having better information on what pharmacies offer best rates, convenience, etc. would be really nice
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We elected to go with the Attain program and so glad we did. It was well worth it.With this program, you have the opportunity to go through 3 fresh and up to 3 frozen cycles. I believe the cost was around $26,000 or so. Medication costs are in addition to. Fresh cycle medication costs typically ended up around $5,500 - $6,000. Frozen cycle cost for meds was minimal
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Dr. Lebovic was cautious and sent good information to support his stance on single embryo transfer. In our last frozen cycle, after a few unsuccessful cycles, we did transfer 2 - and we are currently pregnant with twins.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Their was conflicting information regarding a situation; it was resolved quickly. I think it was a matter of internal miscommunication
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Lebovic explained everything in detail . I knew what was going to happen at all times . ... I knew from the very first visit what my chances were getting pregnant with my own eggs . Even though it was hard to hear I appreciated that he told us our percent of conception using my egg vs a donor egg . I did have some set backs but, he took a hold of the situation and was so kind and understanding and very supportive
CRM is clean , friendly staff, Professional . I had a wonderful experience with all staff . ... The support and care I got from all of the nurses was OUTSTANDING ! They all were kind , compassionate and just a call away if I needed anything . ... Dori, DeNae and Jill are AMAZING !!!! I was so comfortable to call with any questions and they always called back the same day . ...
Dr Dan Lebovic is caring compassionate and understanding. I knew from the very first visit what my chances were getting pregnant with my own eggs . Even though it was hard to hear I appreciated that he told us our percent of conception using my egg vs a donor egg . I did have some set backs but, he took a hold of the situation and was so kind and understanding and very supportive . I could not have made it though this process without him !
You can trust his judgment. He has your best interest and will help you to have a baby if it's possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Dori , DeNae and Jill )
Dori, DeNae and Jill are AMAZING !!!! I was so comfortable to call with any questions and they always called back the same day . The support and care I got from all of the nurses was OUTSTANDING ! They all were kind , compassionate and just a call away if I needed anything .
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM is clean , friendly staff, Professional . I had a wonderful experience with all staff . Dr dan lebovic and the nurses Dori, DeNae and Jill were great ! I really don't have anything negative to say about CRM .
We knew that we were transferring two embryos .
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic gave us the odds, the options, and all the positives and negatives from the beginning. He was staright forward, answered my emails right away and his treatment plan got us pregnant on the first attempt... We use femara, decay,amd one other additional medication to help me ovulate. Then specifically timed intercourse... Dr. Lebovic spend a good amount of time upon meeting us to ask questions about my history, our previous attempts at a child and overall history. He joked with us, made us feel comfortable and gave us plenty of time to ask questions. I never felt like any question was stupid
[CCRM of MN] Feels very warm and welcoming. Each patients treatment is very private and you have no idea what other couplesthere are doing do to how well they keep treatments private. They validate your parking and the rooms that are appropriate to have windows in are big and bright.... They took so much additional time to make sure I knew exactly when to take specific pills and answered all my questions
Dont feel bad about emailing him late at night. He never seemed to mind and was always quick to respond
Minneapolis

I only saw Dr. Lebovic once during my whole time at CRM and that was the initial appointment -which felt very rushed and rehearsed/scripted/same things told to everyone. I saw different doctors for each procedure but I never had him for anything even though he was my "doctor."...He is very blunt and to the point with questions and concerns...Kind of a move em in-ship 'em out feeling.
I wish that I didn't have to leave a message every time I had a question and *hope* for a call back the same day [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. Most of the time it was the next day and I never got the same person. I know some are assigned one, they can email questions, etc at other clinics...I know that CRM is a busy clinic but I never felt like I talked to the same person hardly ever. I never got to know any of the doctors or nurses as I talked to/saw someone different every time. Kind of a move em in-ship 'em out feeling.
He is very blunt and to the point with questions and concerns.
All of the nurses that I talked to worked with were nice, I just wish I was assigned one vs speaking with multiple nurses about everything. I never got the same one.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think the hard thing going into IVF is your expectations vs what happens. I have a couple friends who went through IVF and then just being in IVF groups you see how other clinics do things. I wish that I didn't have to leave a message every time I had a question and *hope* for a call back the same day. Most of the time it was the next day and I never got the same person. I know some are assigned one, they can email questions, etc at other clinics.
I believe I paid around 21,000 when all was said and done.
We were told we could only transfer one the entire time we were going through our process and then on transfer day they said we could do two if we wanted.
Just wish there was more open communication with nurses/doctors, etc at this clinic. I also wish I had more compassion from them when I had my miscarriage. You spend $$$$ and then to go through a miscarriage and be brushed off is hard and it hurts. I felt like they wanted to rush into my next transfer right away.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Damario] never seemed to study up on the current cycle's prior visits and it felt like we were telling him what happened...always seemed wishy washy and not assertive enough with his opinion and assessment of the cycle status. I would have preferred someone who was more confident. He also never followed up with me after the 2 miscarriages...The nurses showed more compassion following our miscarriages than the dr. did.
Strength [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] - allowing you to do monitoring in St Paul or Minneapolis. Weaknesses - (1) not always giving more than 24 hours notice for the amount you have to prepay per visit, if you don't have insurance. (2) No communication from management to clinic finance person that their contract with health insurance provider was updated and patient wasn't supposed to prepay anything
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr Demario always seemed wishy washy and not assertive enough with his opinion and assessment of the cycle status. I would have preferred someone who was more confident. He also never followed up with me after the 2 miscarriages.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Ask lots of questions if you don't understand something.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He never seemed to study up on the current cycle's prior visits and it felt like we were telling him what happened.
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
2016 we had 3 iui's with follistim, femara, and ovidrel to trigger. 2017 we had 2 ivf cycles (stims, retrieval, icsi, embryo transfer. First round was birth control for initial suppression, then follistim, menopur, endometrin, minivelle patches, hcg injection for trigger. Second round was the same except for increased follistim, coQ10 supplement, and I think we added in microdose Lupron. In 2018 we had 1 FET with the 2 remaining embryos from 2017 round 2, with birth control for initial suppression, estradiol tablets, and PIO injections.
The nurses showed more compassion following our miscarriages than the dr. did. They were also always willing to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strength - allowing you to do monitoring in St Paul or Minneapolis. Weaknesses - (1) not always giving more than 24 hours notice for the amount you have to prepay per visit, if you don't have insurance. (2) No communication from management to clinic finance person that their contract with health insurance provider was updated and patient wasn't supposed to prepay anything
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I believe our reimbursement for the ART side of the first cycle was $9870. That does not include any bloodwork, monitoring appointments, or medication. The reimbursement we got the 2nd time was slightly higher due to needing embryo cryopreservation.
Describe Mark Damario's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We only ever got grade 3 embryos. When we arrived at our FET in January 2018 he encouraged us to consider transferring 2 which would increase the chance of 1 sticking.
We were thankful to have insurance coverage and the way our first cycle went is we prepaid everything to the clinic and then submitted to insurance for reimbursement later. That in itself is a whole different story. We did the same prepay/request reimbursement the 2nd time and we found out after the fact that a contract was agreed to and nobody informed my clinic and the insurance company thought i was going to send all of the money back to them that they had reimbursed me for. They wanted to do it that way and re-process all of the claims through insurance first. It was a major nightmare.
St. Paul

I didn't get to see Dr. Casey much throughout our fresh cycle. All of the ultrasounds scans, med modifications, and communication is done through the nursing staff. In addition, Dr. Casey was not the physician who performed the egg retrieval or the transfer of our embryos.... Dr. Casey is very knowledgeable and passionate about helping couples become parents. When our fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy, she personally called me to discuss the results, what potentially happened, and what our next steps forward would look like.
The nursing staff handles most, if not all, the communication between patient and doctor. It is nice to be able to talk with the nurse after each appointment to discuss current plan and any changes that may need to be made by the doctor. One weakness about the nursing staff at CRM, is that they often times don't call back the same day to answer important questions or respond to time sensitive information (i.e. got my period - when should I start birth control pills, etc.).
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Casey is very knowledgeable and passionate about helping couples become parents. When our fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy, she personally called me to discuss the results, what potentially happened, and what our next steps forward would look like. She was positive and reassuring that we would some day be parents.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Ask ALOT of questions and be sure you really understand the plan - the only dumb question is the one not asked!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I didn't get to see Dr. Casey much throughout our fresh cycle. All of the ultrasounds scans, med modifications, and communication is done through the nursing staff. In addition, Dr. Casey was not the physician who performed the egg retrieval or the transfer of our embryos. That was disappointing.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We had an antagonist protocol for our first egg retrieval cycle. I was on the lowest dose of stimulation meds. My meds included: 75 units of Menopur & 150 iu of Follistim. I stimulated extremely quickly and already had 5 mature eggs at my first ultrasound (stim day 5). I hadn't started the antagonist (Ganirelix) until immediately after that first ultrasound. However, I was a little worried that I stimulated so quickly - would they be good quality eggs? would my lining be ready to accept a transfer? ... At my ultrasound the next day, I had 8 mature eggs so they decided to have me trigger that night. I triggered with 10,000iu of HCG. I was also a little concerned that there wasn't any lining checks or measurements throughout the process of this fresh cycle. Overall, the process was pretty seamless. I was lucky and didn't have many side effects or discomfort during stimulation or after retrieval.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They take confidentiality seriously - but that also gives off a cold and secluded vibe. This could also be due to the nature that is infertility - a silent battle for each couple. The scheduling/office staff is always friendly and returns phone calls promptly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Baseline Ultrasound ($263 ea.) - 1 Follow-Up Ultrasounds ($216 ea.) - 2 Office Visits ($89 ea.) - ? Labs ($181 ea.) - 3 Egg Retrieval - $3791 Embryo Transfer - $1669 Embryo Culture - $1810 Identification - $680 Anesthesia - $374 ICSI - $1200 Cryopreservation of Embryos - $1200 Ultrasounds (retrieval and transfer) - $635 Lab prep for transfer - $450 Medications - $2850.84
Describe Colleen Casey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The doctor who did our transfer didn't put up much of a fight or invite any sort of discussion around the topic. We only had 1 blastocyst at day 5 (transfer day) and a less mature morula (day 4 cell). He also said that we likely wouldn't have any that made it to freeze. So... we decided to transfer 2 because that increased our chance of getting at least one by 10%. He didn't give us any explanation about why he only recommended an eSET and just said, "it's up to you". This was disappointing - especially now on the other side of transfer still not pregnant. In addition, I have done an incredible (spent HOURS on google) amount of researching on the best route and why - something that should be presented as pro's and con's at time of transfer.
Minneapolis

Dr. Kuneck is very direct and upfront with his recommendations. He did a lovely job of balancing giving his opinion with also giving space for my husband and I to make decisions. I am still in the course of my first IVF treatment, but I really appreciate his honesty and optimism. Dr. Kuneck also was quite comfortable with moving straight to IVF rather than spending time on IUIs that would only marginally increase my chances of success.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN] has been incredibly responsive to my questions and concerns. I had some initial insurance issues and they were very supportive along the way and helped me make sure that I got all of my medications on time.... I do not see my doctor on every visit and I understand for some people that would be a problem. I do know that my doctor is very actively involved though and reviews my case each time I get bloodwork or have an ultrasound done. I think the clinic runs efficiently.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I would say be open to any option. Dr. Kuneck wants you to achieve success but will also defer to your decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Kuneck is very direct but kind in his manner. He's incredibly knowledgeable and always makes me feel welcome.
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
This is my first IVF cycle, so we decided to go with the typical course knowing that it might take a cycle or two to figure out how my body responds. I am still in my cycle. I did 22 days of bcp, on day 19 on bcp I started Lupron. Then I began menopur and gonal f on day 11 of lupron. On day 3 of STIMS I went in for bloodwork and then had my dosages adjusted. My next step is an ultrasound and blood work on day 5 of STIMS.
The nursing staff has been incredibly responsive to my questions and concerns. I had some initial insurance issues and they were very supportive along the way and helped me make sure that I got all of my medications on time.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic has many strengths. I have found the nursing team and doctors to be incredibly supportive and informative. I do not see my doctor on every visit and I understand for some people that would be a problem. I do know that my doctor is very actively involved though and reviews my case each time I get bloodwork or have an ultrasound done. I think the clinic runs efficiently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I have a strong insurance package but this requires reimbursement. Medications cost $2000 so far (after insurance reimbursement) and I needed to pay up-front $10000 for the IVF cycle.
Describe Paul Kuneck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
No comments
Minneapolis

You are not assigned an individual nurse here and this is a large clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine]. This means that every time you go in you are dealing with a new person. When things come up there is no easy access point. You can call the nurse line but you will consistently be directed to the voicemail system and can expect to wait all day for a call back. When you do get a call you should be prepared for the nurse to be entirely unfamiliar with your case and to have 'skimmed' your voicemail at best.
Dr. Lebovic is obviously intelligent and takes a very evidence-based approach to treatment. He is a fine choice for standardized care if you are a straightforward case. If not, however, you may find yourself frustrated as there is limited openness to tweaking protocols, adding supplements, etc. Dr. Lebovic tries to connect and is very responsive (called/emailed immediately with test results and to answer questions) but his bedside manner is lacking in warmth. I'm not typically one that needs a lot of warmth, in fact I am sometimes irritated by it! But his was just such an anxious, cold presentation that it made me uncomfortable and added to the stress of it all. Infertility treatment is stressful enough, do yourself a favor and only choose to work with a provider that you feel good about!
Give him a shot, perhaps your personalities will jive better than mine did with him. Be prepared to ask a lot of direct questions and receive very brief answers. Don't hesitate to reach out to him for guidance as needed as he is happy to help.
Dr. Lebovic does his best to be a clear communicator and to be responsive. The problem is just that there is no sense of warmth. He is neutral in every way one can imagine. Flat affect, flat intonation, provides limited opinions and observations, etc. We could tell he was trying but it was just all very cold.
Birth control leading into things. Antagonist protocol (ganirelix) + 300IU Follistim + 150IU Menopur. Ovidrel trigger. The rationale for using this protocol was never explained to me.
You are not assigned an individual nurse here and this is a large clinic. This means that every time you go in you are dealing with a new person. When things come up there is no easy access point. You can call the nurse line but you will consistently be directed to the voicemail system and can expect to wait all day for a call back. When you do get a call you should be prepared for the nurse to be entirely unfamiliar with your case and to have 'skimmed' your voicemail at best. I had mutliple experiences where the nurses called back and provided inaccurate information about my case which instills very little confidence. When I lost a pregnancy it was very difficult to reach anyone for help about what to do and when I finally did the contact was neutral at best.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic is a factory. There are quite a few doctors, a lot of nurses, and many, many patients. This means that it is very unlikely that you will see your identified provider after the initial consult or that you will notice many familiar faces at your appointments. On egg retrieval and transfer days you could have any provider in the practice assigned to you and, be warned, they do not all have superb bedside manner. This results in unecessary stress on very important days. This is also a clinic that schedules cycles quite far out (2+months after consult) and seems to run patients in 'batches' meaning that they may have you on birth control for months to sync up your cycle with their schedule.
The actual cycle was about $14,000. Meds were probably another $3000.
Prefers eSET but open to multiple embryo transfer when appropriate.
Failed to receive test results until I reached out to them. Received conflicting information from the nurses and my doctor.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
When I actually met with Dr. Casey, she was very personable. She was encouraging, although I wish she would have been more blunt and provided more realistic expectations. At times, I feel like she is encouraging so I will continue to spend money, even though it's probaby not likely to work. Also, from what I have learned, my treatment plan is the same as every one else - so not very personable.
The nurses, ultrasound techs, and lab techs [Center for Reproductive Med] have been great! Very compassionate and willing to answer questions. Some at the front desk are friendlier than others. No one was rude or unhelpful - just some were less personable.... I feel that overall, the clinic is very busy, so it can be difficult to get a preferred appointment time, and the process seems to take a while just to be fit in to start each process.
I chose Dr. Casey because she was relateable - having children close to my age, being female. When I first met with Dr. Casey she was very encouraging and explained everything very well. However, I wish she would have encouraged donar eggs sooner, as my AMH level was very low.
Consider all of your options (donar eggs, adoption, etc.) in the beginning because the process rarely works the first time and can be very lengthy. Also, the treatment is mentally and financially exhausting. I don't think the mental side effects were fully explained to me.
With my own eggs, I was on bc to get my cycle in line with theirs. Then I was on Lupron for 10 days, then started Menopur in the a.m. and Follistem in the evening. During this time I had ultrasounds and bloodwork every other day. Took HCG prior to retrieval. Then, started endometrin twice a day and did day 5 transfer with fresh embryo. After transfer, started Vivelle patches and continue Endometrin. Unsuccessful. Switched to donar eggs with fresh transfer. Birth control to coordinate my cycle with donor. Lupron for 10 days. Then reduce Lupron (but continue) and start Estrace 3 times/day. After a couple of weeks, start Endometrin 3 times/day and Doxyclycline 2 times/day. Transferred only 1 embryo (per doctors very strong recommendation). Resulted in pregnancy, and then miscarriage after 4 weeks. Currently doing frozen embryo transfer with donor eggs. Started birth control to coordinate with clinic schedule. Lupron 20 U for 10 days. Drop to 5 U Lupron for 10 days and start Estrace (with Lupron) for approximately 21 days. Will also do Endometrin approximately 5 days prior to transfer and after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: DeNae M)
The nurses, ultrasound techs, and lab techs have been great! Very compassionate and willing to answer questions. Some at the front desk are friendlier than others. No one was rude or unhelpful - just some were less personable.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The nurses, ultrasound techs, and lab techs are great. They are very sensitive, caring, and compassionate. I feel that overall, the clinic is very busy, so it can be difficult to get a preferred appointment time, and the process seems to take a while just to be fit in to start each process.
It was approximately $21,000 for IVF cycle with my own eggs, approximately $25,000 for cycle with donor eggs, and approximately $5,000 for frozen transfer. Medication was an additional $1,000-$4,000 per cycle.
In talking with nurse and doctor Casey, I was encouraged to transfer 2 for higher success rate, understanding risk of multiples. Day of transfer, Dr. Kuneck was only willing to transfer 1 embryo because of high quality embryo. It was not successful, so I wish I would have done 2. Now doing FET with plan to transfer 2 embryos.
Minneapolis

You can tell Dr. Lebovic is busy because his responses are generally short in emails but he is very responsive. He always responds to my messages within about 15 minutes of me sending which is impressive. When I got OHSS he checked in with me daily for weeks and always asked how I was doing.... The only thing I would mention that has been mildly frustrating is that he has a somewhat conflicting viewpoint on our diagnosis as my 2 of my other OBs.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Med of Minnesota] overall is great. The only thing I don't like is the nurseline. You are unable to get a nurse on the phone and have to leave a message and have them call you back. When they call you back (usually hours later or even the next day depending on when you call) and if you miss the call, you have to call in again and leave a message all over again and wait again for a call back many hours later. This phone tag format is stressful for IVF and infertility.
He is very responsive to email and always answers questions right away and directly. He is quiet and patient and seems to really care.During consults you don't feel rushed and he makes sure that you have time to ask all the questions you have. When I had complications with my retrieval after hyper stimulating he checked in with me daily asking how I was doing and was always available to talk to me or the hospital. I've been really happy working with him. The only thing I would mention that has been mildly frustrating is that he has a somewhat conflicting viewpoint on our diagnosis as my 2 of my other OBs. We are diagnosed as Unexplained Infertility but Dr. Lebovic seems to think I might also have very mild PCOS despite the fact that I do not meet the diagnosis requirements for PCOS. I personally don't think I have PCOS and neither do 2 different doctors I've seen. This hasn't gotten in the way of my treatment to my knowledge because the protocol would remain the same but it has been frustrating at times being my own advocate making sure we are on the right path.
If you are looking for a cheerleader, moral support type doctor he is probably not a good fit for your needs. But if you want someone who gets to the point, is very responsive, and clearly cares about you and your well being he will be a great fit.
You can tell Dr. Lebovic is busy because his responses are generally short in emails but he is very responsive. He always responds to my messages within about 15 minutes of me sending which is impressive. When I got OHSS he checked in with me daily for weeks and always asked how I was doing. He is calm and doesn't make you feel rushed when you are asking questions about treatment.
For all 6 IUIs: - Protocol remained the same because I was appropriately responsive - 2.5 mg letrozole days 3-7 and HCG trigger. Resulted in 2 mature follicles each time. For IVF: resulted in 33 eggs retreived and 7 blastocycts - Birth control as a down regulation - Stimulation was 75 IU Menopur and 150 Gonal - F (Gonal - F dosage went down to 75 after first ultrasound because I was very responsive) - Ganirelix once follicles were getting mature - Trigger was dual Lupron and HCG to prevent OHSS - Was also given cabergoline to help prevent OHSS * I only did 8 days of stims before triggering because I was so responsive and I still got OHSS Frozen Embryo Transfer: Still in progress - birth control for down regulation - Estrace pills and baby aspirin - Progesterone suppositories
CRM uses a team of multiple nurses so you do not have one specifically assigned. All have been very helpful, knowledgeable, and kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic overall is great. The only thing I don't like is the nurseline. You are unable to get a nurse on the phone and have to leave a message and have them call you back. When they call you back (usually hours later or even the next day depending on when you call) and if you miss the call, you have to call in again and leave a message all over again and wait again for a call back many hours later. This phone tag format is stressful for IVF and infertility. Otherwise the clinic is great. The scheduling staff is good, you can always get someone (besides nurses) on the phone. The financial coordinator Stephanie is very helpful and will go out of her way to help you troubleshoot any issues. The nurses are great. The office is clean and generally you don't have to wait too long in the waiting room.
$10,000 single cycle IVF without PGS not including medication or monitoring which is billed separately. Without insurance each ultrasound for monitoring is around $500.
Dr. Lebovic feels we should do 1 embryo at a time based on our age and the fact this is our first IVF cycle. We agree with his advice.
Minneapolis

My experiences with Dr. Hopeman have been largely positive. As a scientist myself, I appreciate receiving highly detailed information on my labwork, diagnosis, treatment, etc. Dr. Hopeman has been willing to provide these detailed explanations in a compassionate way. She has been available to speak by phone or meet in person as needed. In the course of a regular IUI cycle, however, I do not see her. I do, however, feel that Dr. Hopeman pushes IVF somewhat.
I think this clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN] is geared towards IVF patients, and, as someone undergoing IUI cycles, I felt a bit of a second-class citizen. The clinic set up did not enable me to feel that I was receiving personalized care.... Each nurse I interacted with seemed competent and friendly, but over the course of nine visits, I believe I met with eight different nurses. The lack of continuity was a huge problem for me, and made me feel a bit like part of an assembly line. I felt that because the nurses didn't know me and my medical situation personally their clinical judgments were based on their experiences overall, and were not tailored to my situation.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be very clear with her about what your boundaries are in terms of types of treatments you are willing to consider, and tell her what level of detail you would like in terms of scientific information about diagnosis, testing, and treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Hopeman is very caring and treats me like a person, but I generally only see nurses when I go in for monitoring and IUIs. Over nine visits I saw seven or eight different nurses. The lack of continuity in nursing care made me feel like a number in many of my daily interactions at the clinic.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
My first two cycles with Dr. Hopeman I had baseline ultrasound monitoring on cycle day 3, took letrozole (10mg) from cycle day 3 - 7, went in on cycle day 11 for a monitoring ultrasound, triggered that night (ovidrel) for IUI the morning of cycle day 13. I used progesterone suppositories during the luteal phase. My next cycle I will have estradiol measured on day 3, try clomid instead of letrozole, wait until cycle 12 for monitoring, and double the dose of ovidrel for triggering. The morning of the IUI and the following morning I will have progesterone measured to check the timing of ovulation, and I will again take progesterone suppositories during the luteal phase.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think this clinic is geared towards IVF patients, and, as someone undergoing IUI cycles, I felt a bit of a second-class citizen. The clinic set up did not enable me to feel that I was receiving personalized care. I do however think that the treatment provided is high quality and the facilities are fantastic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
An IUI cycle cost approximately $1,500 (including drugs), without insurance coverage.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
No comments.
With one of my cycles I had a cyst, and I received conflicting information from a nurse and from my doctor about risks vs. benefits of proceeding with the cycle. At the point of triggering for that cycle, it was also unclear if the larger follicle was the cyst or a new follicle, and again I received conflicting information on this. I also requested specific bloodwork that was not performed and I had to request it a second time.
Meg Hopeman
Minneapolis

Dr. Kuneck's office is a business-like setting. He verbally reviewed my medical history but did not review, at least not in front of me, the several page packet I filled out about my medical and family history. With the exception of one time, he got back to me promptly an encouraged me to call with other questions.... He sees a large volume of patients which has at times made me feel like a number, but also provides him with a lot of experience. I am a person that likes to know the "why's" of he treaments and know the impacts of my body beyond attempting pregnancy. I felt that I had to advocate for myself to get through answers to these questions, at times.
Everything [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is located in one location. Parking is free. Once you are an extavlished patient, appointments are generally easy to get. They do a benefits check for you. There are free educational sessions on the IVF process that are open to the public. The nurse line always goes to voicemail, but they always call back.... Basic IVF procedures are roughly $9000, with additional costs for freezing, genetic testing​, etc. Monitoring appointments are charged separately. Shared risk plans are offered.
Dr. Kuneck is clearly is an expert in his field. He sees a large volume of patients which has at times made me feel like a number, but also provides him with a lot of experience. I am a person that likes to know the "why's" of he treaments and know the impacts of my body beyond attempting pregnancy. I felt that I had to advocate for myself to get through answers to these questions, at times.
Write down and ask any questions you may have.
I utilized letrozole and ovidrel for 2 IUI cycles. I did ovulate, but pregnancy was not achieved. I will be attempting IVF with a low dose protocol.
All the the nurses were very knowledgeable. Most nurses were very warm, though I was only asked how I was feeling during a small percentage of my appointments. They are very focused on the medical treatments. They had good tips for obtaining medications and it was clear they hoped we would achieve pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Everything is located in one location. Parking is free. Once you are an extavlished patient, appointments are generally easy to get. They do a benefits check for you. There are free educational sessions on the IVF process that are open to the public. The nurse line always goes to voicemail, but they always call back.
Dr. Kuneck seemed to favor single embryo transfer due to my age and predicted success. We were in agreement on this. He also provided education verbally and in written form regarding risks of multiples.
A certain lab result was within normal limits and presented to me as such. However, in later months, I was told these were significant for leading to another diagnosis. I felt misinformed and that I had lost precious time for trying to conceive.
Minneapolis

I met with Dr. Damario for an initial consultation and then once more two weeks prior to Stimulation start for a baseline ultrasound and trial transfer. During the entire course of IVF treatment, egg retrieval, and transfer I did not see or hear from Dr. Damario at all.... He did not seem to be aware of what was happening with my care. He couldn’t recognize me and didn’t know my name. He always had his nurse contact me, except once
We pre-paid $1200 for cryopreservation of embryos. More than 6 wks after all of our embryos stopped developing and it was confirmed we did not have any left for cryopreservation, we had still not received a refund for this or heard from the clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] about a refund.... Sue was great- explained everything in great detail, kept me informed about my lab work and my progress
He did not seem to be aware of what was happening with my care. He couldn’t recognize me and didn’t know my name. He always had his nurse contact me, except once— Dr. Damario called me after my first BHCG to tell me I was pregnant and had “an honest to goodness good pregnancy level.” But two days later, when my BHCG dropped, Dr. Damario had one of the nurses contact me to tell me I was going to miscarry. Dr. Damario miscounted my follicles during my baseline ultrasound. During my ultrasound after miscarriage diagnosis, Dr. Damario looked around for about 3 minutes before confirming miscarriage will be happening and giving me my options to proceed with the miscarriage. He diagnosed me with a “blighted ovum” at 6.5wks, which I have read should never be diagnosed before wk 9. I also had a visible yolk sac, which I also understand does not meet the definition for blighted ovum. Here I am at 9.6wks and still have not miscarried (will likely still miscarry), but have chosen to follow up with further ultrasounds at a different clinic with a new provider.
Do your research about your own situation and possible IVF protocols before meeting with Dr. Damario so you are prepared to ask specific questions & get the answers you need.
I met with Dr. Damario for an initial consultation and then once more two weeks prior to Stimulation start for a baseline ultrasound and trial transfer. During the entire course of IVF treatment, egg retrieval, and transfer I did not see or hear from Dr. Damario at all. His nurses were always the ones in contact with me about my progress and with orders for stimulation dosage changes. Dr. Damario would not have been to recognize me in the waiting room or recall my name at any point, even once completed with treatment.
- Birthcontrol for downregulation 6 weeks prior to treatment start - Lupron 20IU for further downregulation for 10 days - Lupron decreased to 5IU from day 3-5 of stimulation, then stopped -Stimulation Start: Menopur 150IU morning & Follistim 150IU for 14 days (Follistim bumped up to 300IU after day 3 d/t slow ovarian response/possible over sensitivity to Lupron) - Trigger Shot: 10,000IU Novarel (HCG) injection 36 hours before transfer * my body was downregulated significantly prior to treatment start, which required doubling the dose of the follistim and added an extra 2-4 days of stimulation before trigger shot. I also had two lead follicles and was told of a potential risk for cycle cancelation * I had 16 follicles, but only 14 eggs retrieved. 8 eggs were mature and all 8 fertilized with ICSI. No embryos made to blastocyst stage. * we transferred a morula and 8-cell embryo on day 5. All other embryos stopped developing by day 6 and we did not have any leftover to freeze.
Sue was great- explained everything in great detail, kept me informed about my lab work and my progress, described ultrasounds while doing them, remembered my name and things about me. Julie- great, very kind and personable; remembered my name and things about me. There were other nurses that didn’t even introduce themselves or attempt to build any rapport during the appt at all, were very blunt and jumped to worst case scenario. I don’t know their names because they never said their name.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths: - front desk staff friendly and personable - a few nurses were friendly and personable - most of lab staff was nice and efficient (aside from one lab person) Weaknesses: - a few bad nurses that make you feel like a number - care team didn’t seem to take time to understand our situation - we were not given any possible explanation for the underdevelopment of all of our embryos - our miscarriage was diagnosed immediately, and with 100% certainty before taking additional bloodwork or ultrasound to confirm— this seemed very insensitive, considering our entire process.
IVF retrieval/transfer/ICSI- $11,800 Medication- $7000 Monitoring/bloodwork: $2800 Prescreening: $800
Dr. Colleen Casey did the embryo transfer. She recommended transferring only 1 embryo because the next most developed one was only 8 cells. She told us transferring two could be harmful to the morula which was further developed. We told her we wanted to transfer two anyway and asked for more information on how it could be harmful and she then said that it probably wouldn’t be harmful, but it just wouldn’t be likely to implant. We transferred two and all remaining embryos arrested the next day.
We pre-paid $1200 for cryopreservation of embryos. More than 6 wks after all of our embryos stopped developing and it was confirmed we did not have any left for cryopreservation, we had still not received a refund for this or heard from the clinic about a refund. We finally had to reach out to them to initiate the refund process. 2 wks after we reached out, and we have yet to receive our refund (8 weeks after it was confirmed there would be no cryopreservation).
St. Paul

He [Dr. Paul Kuneck] is very direct and information focused. There isn't a lot of "touchy-feely" stuff with him, just facts. This was helpful for us because we didn't want to feel like we were being coddled, we wanted to know the facts of our situation even if the facts were difficult to hear.... I didn't actually see Dr. Kuneck often during the time I was his patient which made me feel like just another patient or statistic. But when I did see him he made me feel less like a statistic so it averaged out.
Some of the nurses [at Center for Reproductive Med-MN]were amazing- very kind and compassionate and understanding of how challenging and painful the situation could be. Some nurses were not as kind, or had personality types that weren't as understanding, and eould leave me feeling worse about things.... The clinic is in a good location in downtown Minneapolis and parking is free. Most of the people (scheduling, secretaries, lab staff, nursing staff) are very nice. The person in the billing office is very rude.
He is very direct and information focused. There isn't a lot of "touchy-feely" stuff with him, just facts. This was helpful for us because we didn't want to feel like we were being coddled, we wanted to know the facts of our situation even if the facts were difficult to hear.
He is great at what he does but don't expect a lot of emotion.
I did 5 cycles of Femara with trigger shots. The first cycle required 5 mg femara on cycle days 5-9 and 20-24 then a trigger on day 29 of novarel; this was unsuccessful. The second cycle was 7.5 mg of femara on cycle day 3-7 then a trigger shot with novarel on day 16; this was unsuccessful. Cycle 3 was 7.5 mg of femara on cycle day 3-9 and ovidrel trigger on day 14; this was unsuccessful. Cycle 4 was 7.5 mg of femara on cycle day 3-9 and ovidrel trigger on day 13; this was unsuccessful. Cycle 5 was 7.5 mg of femara on cycle day 3-10 the ovidrel trigger on day 12; this was also unsuccessful. I also used progesterone suppositories during all these cycles between the expected ovulation date svc the date of a negative pregnancy test. We then moved on to our first IVF cycle with menopur and gonal-f on cycle day 2-9, added Ganirelix on day 8-9, triggered with hcg on day 9, egg retrieval on day 11, and day 3 embryo transfer on day 14. I had 3 eggs at the time of retrieval which I was told was unexpected (I'd had 12+ mature follicles at the ultrasound immediately prior to retrieval. Two of the eggs fertilized and were transferred. I then used minivelle patches and endometrin inserts. This IVF cycle was successful and I am currently 11 weeks pregnant.
Some of the nurses were amazing- very kind and compassionate and understanding of how challenging and painful the situation could be. Some nurses were not as kind, or had personality types that weren't as understanding, and eould leave me feeling worse about things.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Oral medications with triggers were around $150 per cycle. IVF medications were $2000. Ultrasounds were around $50 after my insurance (needed 3-7 per cycle). We chose to use the Attain program for our IVF cycles which was $20,000 (in the end we only needed one cycle so this wouldn't have been necessary).
They transferred 2 embryos because that was all we had. Had there been more we would have been able to decide whether we wanted to transfer one or two.
I requested that the prescription for my IVF medications be sent to a few pharmacies so I could compare prices (these medications are VERY expensive). It took a few calls to get them to actually send the prescriptions to all the places I requested. They also made a dosage change on a medication I am on and there was some issue with the new dosage order being sent to the pharmacy.
Minneapolis

The nursing staff at CRM Minneapolis are wonderful. I haven't had a bad interaction with any of them. They are very good at what they do, and show a lot of care toward their patients.... CRM Minneapolis is a large clinic and they have the capacity to treat a lot of patients. The clinic is run very smoothly, and they seem to provide very good care. From what I understand they also have a great embryology lab, which is important. The only minor downside is that you can sometimes feel like a number - doctors don't have a lot of time as they are spread out. I don't think this leads to worse care - just something to keep in mind.
Dr. Lebovic is clearly a highly trained doctor, knows the science, and cares about his patients and the outcomes everyone is trying to achieve. There have been a few times where I felt Dr. Lebovic wasn't up to speed on communications I had had with nursing staff or certain things that had been changed/ordered - it felt as if he hadn't read my files before talking to me and was proceeding with certain things before confirming with me. I think he just needs to take a little more time with patients. It can be a bit unnerving when you have to remind your doctor about certain things.
Be very clear about what you want and don't be afraid to speak up/advocate for yourself.
CRM Minneapolis is a large clinic. My sense is they provide high quality fertility/infertility care. Because there are so many patients it's natural that doctor's and staff have limited time with patients.
Antagonist retrieval protocol: estradiol, Menopur, GonalF, Cetrotide, Ovidrel (trigger shot)
~$25,000 for one retrieval cycle and one transfer
Dr. Lebovic leans toward eSET but is open to transferring 2 embryos depending on a patient's situation.
Minneapolis

We started with follustrom treatments for the first 3 IUIs [with Dr. Colleen Casey]. After all three came back failed we met with her (after waiting 2 months to get in to meet with her) and she kind of asked what we wanted to do next. Our insurance covers some of the IUIs and I told her I wanted to try something else because what we were doing wasn't working. For this upcoming cycle I'll be starting on menipur instead.
Easy parking [at Center for Reproductive Med-Minneapolis], front desk staff are nice (but don't remember to tell you if you should empty your bladder, have it full, etc.) Sometimes staff seems a little too professional/it would be nice to get a smile or two in this tough world.... It would be nice to see the same one. They have all been nice. But with each appointment and each IUI I have had someone different. The only staff that has stayed the same is for blood draw and ultrasound tech. The nurses have sometimes seemed confused as to what medications are being used for the current cycle.
She seems very nice but I'm not fully convinced that we have explored all of the testing options. I would like to see her dive into our case more rather than just label us as "unexplained." Being that we have only met with her twice I would love communication even via email all the way. To know more of our numbers/stats/and potential to mix up treatment a bit.
Stick up for yourself. Ask her all the potential treatment options and fight to have them done even if she's not certain about them.
Because of her schedule we were not able to do a consultation with her after the 3 failed IUIs which resulted in taking a break from treatment until after we could meet with her. Other than before starting treatment and meeting with her after the 3 we had no direct communication from her.
We started with follustrom treatments for the first 3 IUIs. After all three came back failed we met with her (after waiting 2 months to get in to meet with her) and she kind of asked what we wanted to do next. Our insurance covers some of the IUIs and I told her I wanted to try something else because what we were doing wasn't working. For this upcoming cycle I'll be starting on menipur instead.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Easy parking, front desk staff are nice (but don't remember to tell you if you should empty your bladder, have it full, etc.) Sometimes staff seems a little too professional/it would be nice to get a smile or two in this tough world.
When the dr switched over my drug protocol this last time it sounded like it wasn't documented in the chart. Which just made my last visit a little confusing.
Minneapolis

Dr. Damario tried the "usual" protocols with us for our 3 IUIs. We used a frozen sperm sample for one IUI and had a nurse tell me that the sperm count was fairly low, minutes before the IUI rather than actually calling on the day the sample was given.... After 2 failed IUIs, I requested additional testing, which he relented to. These tests gave us some clues regarding our challenges but Dr. Damario was not great at explaining the significance of our results
The billing office [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] wouldn't give us an outright refund for services we paid for OOP after we learned that some of the procedures were covered by our insurance....To change doctors at this clinic, you literally have to discuss the change with the CEO. The CEO told me that she was really surprised at my requested change and made me feel like I had done something wrong... nurses couldn't answer a simple question like "on average, what % of sperm don't make it through the freeze-thaw cycle."
Dr. Damario started us with the "typical" IUI protocol given our diagnosis of unexplained infertility. After 2 failed IUIs, I requested additional testing, which he relented to. These tests gave us some clues regarding our challenges but Dr. Damario was not great at explaining the significance of our results. We wound up googling for information. We also then found out that there are a number of lifestyle issues that can impact sperm quality, which Dr. Damario never once mentioned. The lack of information was highly disappointing and left us feeling like we had spent thousands of dollars without learning very much. I would not recommend his practice for anyone who wants a proactive, communicative physician.
You have to be your own advocate and invest in a lot of research on your own. He will not push you or advocate for aggressive treatment.
Dr. Damario tried the "usual" protocols with us for our 3 IUIs. We used a frozen sperm sample for one IUI and had a nurse tell me that the sperm count was fairly low, minutes before the IUI rather than actually calling on the day the sample was given. This is one example of several times when the clinic didn't seem to have any sense of urgency or be very proactive about helping my husband and I navigate infertility. It was highly disappointing.
1st IUI: 50 mg Clomid on CD 5-9 with ovidrel trigger; 2nd IUI: 100 mg Letrozole CD 4-8 - ovulated early and cancelled cycle; 3rd IUI: 100 mg Letrozole with frozen sperm sample with very low count and ovidrel trigger; 4th IUI: 100 mg Letrozole with fresh sperm sample with normal count with ovidrel trigger; all cycles were BFN.
Sue was great; most of the other nurses at the St Paul location were not great at communicating. Many couldn't explain the rationale behind changes in protocol; also, nurses couldn't answer a simple question like "on average, what % of sperm don't make it through the freeze-thaw cycle."
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Clinic was located convenient to my home, which is why I initially chose them. Their appointments are generally on time. The billing office wouldn't give us an outright refund for services we paid for OOP after we learned that some of the procedures were covered by our insurance. Instead, they issued a credit and many months later, I still have never received an account balance. To change doctors at this clinic, you literally have to discuss the change with the CEO. The CEO told me that she was really surprised at my requested change and made me feel like I had done something wrong in requesting a change of doctor rather than truly trying to understand how the clinic might improve. It was disappointing.
St. Paul

We [with Dr. Colleen Casey] did Letrozole so I would produce more eggs and we did a trigger shot so we would know exactly when to do IUI and have it timed out great to give me the best chance. In having unexplained secondary infertility for more then 3 years now timing is so very crucial for me to get things right.... I think she was really great listening and showing compassion. She takes your thoughts and opinions and really cares. I felt like we were a team with the same goal and that made me feel positive. I feel good after I speak to her and she gives me hope.
The strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN- Minneapolis] are the doctors and nurses seem to really love what they do ❤️ It’s a positive vibe when you walk in and I live that. They could have more administrative staff helping with scheduling, paperwork, insurance questions as I felt like that was a bit rushed and a little chaotic. Also when calling they seemed rushed like they were experiencing too many calls and needed more staff.
I think she was really great listening and showing compassion. She takes your thoughts and opinions and really cares. I felt like we were a team with the same goal and that made me feel positive. I feel good after I speak to her and she gives me hope. I wish she would have been more active with the actual procedure (IUI) or explained who would do what as that was a little confusing. I feel like she cares about you as a person not just a patient looking to make money off of you.
Ask tons of questions and do research prior to your appointment so you know what to ask and definitely don’t feel shy asking about prices of different treatment routes.
She listened to me and asked me my thoughts on treatment routes and really cared about me as a person.
We did Letrozole so I would produce more eggs and we did a trigger shot so we would know exactly when to do IUI and have it timed out great to give me the best chance. In having unexplained secondary infertility for more then 3 years now timing is so very crucial for me to get things right.
The nursing staff was great and explained things so well. They answered any questions and seemed very confident in what they were doing and made you feel absolutely comfortable when I was very anxious and high stress. The reassurance I felt was fabulous!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The strengths are the doctors and nurses seem to really love what they do ❤️ It’s a positive vibe when you walk in and I live that. They could have more administrative staff helping with scheduling, paperwork, insurance questions as I felt like that was a bit rushed and a little chaotic. Also when calling they seemed rushed like they were experiencing too many calls and needed more staff.
The IUI was about 1,200 and the Letrozole was 10$ covered by my insurance. The trigger shot was 260$ and was not covered by insurance and was a big hassle to get delivered as it came from a special pharmacy.
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Colleen Casey] has been nice, warm and welcoming and made us feel like it was their priority to get us pregnant. She was honest in answering the questions I had for her during our consult as well, which I appreciate completely.... I just wish we could hear back from her directly, so further questions could be answered in a phone call rather than waiting for a nurse to talk to her and then call back, or waiting for the next conference.
[The Center for Reproductive Med of MN-Minneapolis is] Very warm environment with calming colors and decor in the waiting room and patient rooms. Warm and welcoming staff, including the people at the front desk. Lab techs and ultrasound techs are also very nice and knowledgeable. Busy with patient activity and tests being done.... Every person we encountered was very nice, greeting with a smile. We always felt welcomed wherever we entered.
I just wish we could hear back from her directly, so further questions could be answered in a phone call rather than waiting for a nurse to talk to her and then call back, or waiting for the next conference. She has been nice, warm and welcoming and made us feel like it was their priority to get us pregnant. She was honest in answering the questions I had for her during our consult as well, which I appreciate completely.
Be prepared to ask questions at your consult, and possibly not hear much from her until the conference scheduled or a procedure.
I understand their clinic is very busy with patients, and that nurses may be the ones calling us back with answers to our questions. We had our consult and other questions I have had have been answered by a message, the nurses checking with C.C. and then calling me back.
We are just starting out, and my husband has male factor infertility so she explained possible treatment options depending on what the urologist comes up with...but most likely IVF will be our best bet. We also talked about possible further treatments if other things were found.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
So far, what I know of what we will have to pay is the tests we have had done. IVF is very much in our future and I'm needing information on that yet, but we were waiting to see what the urologist says and we have a conference with C.C. at the end of October.
I still have not heard what my AMH level was, although I received a bill for the test.
Minneapolis

Dr Lebovic is great to work with. He contacted me in the wee hours of the morning when I was having symptoms of OHSS. He responded to an email on the weekend when I had found out I was having a miscarriage. He then reached out to me without prompting with ideas for the next cycle as he knew we were going to try again.... Dr Lebovic sincerely cares about his patients. He is available after hours and weekends and he directly contacts you back with results, good or bad.
Great clinic [Center for Reproductive Med of MN], very compassionate and sensitive. They do have a sign that says no children allowed due to the sensitive nature, but on two appointments there were children in the office. Parking can be tight, but they do give you tokens for their ramp.... They were all great to work with. It seemed you worked with the same team of nurses for all your appointments. When I did get a positive ultrasound confirmation they all said see you in two years. I think that was due to us having embryos left. We did not plan on having more than one child, but it wasn't a big deal. I did miscarry so we will be seeing them asap.
Ask anything at any time.
Egg retrieval included many medications, shots and otherwise. FET transfer was estradiol and endometrin along with baby aspirin. Protocol will be changing to PIO for the next FET.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Great clinic, very compassionate and sensitive. They do have a sign that says no children allowed due to the sensitive nature, but on two appointments there were children in the office. Parking can be tight, but they do give you tokens for their ramp.
The costs varied based on treatment and insurance coverage. They are very upfront and state all costs before you start and it is on the website.
He strongly suggested in my case we transfer one and gave pros and cons for both.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
The course of treatment was cookie cutter and didn't change. ... She [Dr. Casey] was a nice doctor though but the care wasn't tailored to my wife and only changed after we pressed for alternatives and went through a mock cycle. ... It was the same each time. The pill for a time, then lupron shots, estrace, progesterone. ... Do not use this doctor and clinic [CCRM - Minnesota] if you are having a lot of difficulty getting pregnant.
They [nurses] never knew information on my wife upfront and would routinely make sloppy mistakes by giving her standard guidance. ... After the mock cycle she was found to be post receptive but they [nurses] almost messed up our last cycle had my wife not pressed and questioned the professional nurses [CRM - Minnesota] and questioned what they were saying to do. It is shocking.
The course of treatment was cookie cutter and didn't change. It seemed to be the same for everyone everytime. She was a nice doctor though but the care wasn't tailored to my wife and only changed after we pressed for alternatives and went through a mock cycle. This place seems more like a farm running everyone through one protocol.
Do not use this doctor and clinic if you are having a lot of difficulty getting pregnant.
Even though we went through many cycles with them, the staff regularly didn't know what we had done before. We even did a mock trial and the results were post receptive and while doing our last donor cycle after the mock, they were still giving us bad information by not recognizing the treatment should change. My wife even questioned it, they said no this is fine and then realized their huge mistake and changed the medicine. This type of behavior was present during our time here. Not that example but they would often give us the same old methods, treatment, and information time after time. It is difficult because you are in a vulnerable situation and dependant on their expert advice.
They never knew information on my wife upfront and would routinely make sloppy mistakes by giving her standard guidance. They must have one track protocol and it is hard for them to know if that changes. They didn't seem to know if we were doing ours or fresh or frozen or donor.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Everything can be different for different people so if you do go here, also go to Colorado clinic in Edina. You have to talk to more than one place. We were naive and thought we went to the best. You have to talk to different doctors and different places. I would recommend they ask what happens when it doesn't work. Did the process change. Is it tailored to the patient or do they follow a method they like. Why? Because it works best? That may be fine but it is good to know that it isn't guaranteed. I thought you could assure yourself a baby with one of these processes.
25k for egg cycles and 5k due each frozen transfer
The first fresh donor transfer after a failed fresh homegrown transfer was where we had a surprise. We had told them over and over we were going to do 2 embryos. We had tried on our own for so long we wanted to do whatever it took to get one or two babies. Minutes before the transfer of the fresh donor eggs, the doctor said it was so good that we should just do one. My wife had to make her decision they're on the spot and was gently pressured to just do one. It was our choice but the were insistant that it was so good and this was very likely to work. It was a unesseccary to do two because we would end up with two babies and the complication of that.
They do the same thing over and over. They find it hard to know our do something different. After the mock cycle she was found to be post receptive but they almost messed up our last cycle had my wife not pressed and questioned the professional nurses and questioned what they were saying to do. It is shocking.
Minneapolis

I didn't have a lot of medical history for Dr. Damario to work from, so our couple meetings were brief and informative, especially if I asked questions, but they weren't as lengthy or detailed as I expected. I did appreciate how he made a recommendation at first, but then when he got my test results back, he was very clear about changing his opinion, and why. That promoted me to take a clear course and not second-guess whether it was the right one.
The nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] were nice, compassionate, and treated me well. My only complaint is that because I saw different nurses, they weren't always up-to-date on details of my situation. I had to mention each time that a certain tool made the IUI much easier to accomplish, and it was a little annoying that they weren't reading that in my chart each time, or always taking my word for it.
Come in with questions and don't be afraid to ask him to elaborate. He's more than willing to explain things, but sometimes takes prompting, otherwise he'll wrap up a meeting quickly.
Dr. Demario was pretty dry and generally straight-forward in his communications, without a lot of personality or emotion, but his staff (who I ended up seeing a lot more) were very friendly and more caring.
The nurses were nice, compassionate, and treated me well. My only complaint is that because I saw different nurses, they weren't always up-to-date on details of my situation. I had to mention each time that a certain tool made the IUI much easier to accomplish, and it was a little annoying that they weren't reading that in my chart each time, or always taking my word for it. So, they didn't usually have that tool there; some went and got it, while others tried without and then had to get it. One was successful without.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Front desk staff was friendly and recognized me...or had a great system to do so. So, visiting was quick and easy and on schedule. And it felt like they knew me, and I wasn't just a number. Processing medical account info or any other details went smoothly.
Depends on insurance, of course, but a natural IUI cycle was about $700 (I did 4) and a fertility support cycle was about $2,000 (I did two). Fertility meds about $100 each round. Recommended ovulation tests $90 (for 2). Lab unfreezing and testing was $160 each time, worked into total round cost.
St. Paul

I came in on my first letrozole cycle under the direction of my regular OB/GYN. He [Dr. Kuneck] recommended a different dosage cycle for the next round. After two cycles with timed intercourse (TI) it was clear that I was not having the desired response to the letrozole so he recommended injectables for the next cycle. I inquired about IUI and he advised that based on my husband's test results, he didn't think doing IUI would have any additional benefit for us over TI. He was correct in this, as I got pregnant on my first cycle with injectables/TI.
Because it [Center for Reproductive Medicine] was a large clinic that served many patients, I didn't feel like I had a completely personal connection with my provider or any particular member of the nursing team. I interacted with various nurses most of the time and only checked in with Dr. Kuneck when developing and changing my treatment plan. However, I felt that Dr. Kuneck was compassionate and informative during our interactions and the staff and nurses at the clinic were all very nice. I didn't mind the less personal system they had in place because they were always very responsive and I appreciated that the larger clinic allowed lots of flexibility so I was almost always able to get in for my appointments at a time that was most convenient to me.
I only checked in with Dr. Kuneck when developing my initial treatment plan and when adjustments needed to be made, but I felt that Dr. Kuneck was compassionate and informative during our interactions. He was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to answer all of my questions and make me feel comfortable with the process.
Dr. Kuneck is a very knowledgeable, experienced provider who will make sure you understand your treatment options, but if you are looking for a personal connection with your provider you may be happier with someone else.
Because it was a large clinic that served many patients, I didn't feel like I had a completely personal connection with my provider or any particular member of the nursing team. I interacted with various nurses most of the time and only checked in with Dr. Kuneck when developing and changing my treatment plan. However, I felt that Dr. Kuneck was compassionate and informative during our interactions and the staff and nurses at the clinic were all very nice. I didn't mind the less personal system they had in place because they were always very responsive and I appreciated that the larger clinic allowed lots of flexibility so I was almost always able to get in for my appointments at a time that was most convenient to me.
I came in on my first letrozole cycle under the direction of my regular OB/GYN. He recommended a different dosage cycle for the next round. After two cycles with timed intercourse (TI) it was clear that I was not having the desired response to the letrozole so he recommended injectables for the next cycle. I inquired about IUI and he advised that based on my husband's test results, he didn't think doing IUI would have any additional benefit for us over TI. He was correct in this, as I got pregnant on my first cycle with injectables/TI.
The nursing staff was very nice and compassionate. They were very responsive and available when I would call for information.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Because it was a large clinic that served many patients, I didn't feel like I had a completely personal connection with my provider or any particular member of the nursing team. I interacted with various nurses most of the time and only checked in with my provider when developing and changing my treatment plan. I didn't mind the less personal system they had in place because they were always very responsive and I appreciated that the larger clinic allowed lots of flexibility so I was almost always able to get in for my appointments at a time that was most convenient to me. Most of the time I was in and out quickly. There were only a few times where I felt I had to wait an inappropriate time in the waiting room before my appointment.
My insurance covered assessment and monitoring, so I had no out of pocket costs for my monitoring ultrasounds. My insurance also covered a portion of my medication costs. The injectables had the most out of pocket costs for me and amounted to about $420 for one cycle. The total med costs (including what insurance paid) were over $2000.
Not applicable
Minneapolis

We ended up completing two rounds of IVF (fresh transfers) and one FET with her [Dr. Colleen Casey], and I feel like she was genuinely happy for us when we finally had success (after our third round). She was also very sympathetic when our first two rounds were unsuccessful - one being a chemical pregnancy, and the other an ectopic pregnancy...Overall, she was very warm, knowledgeable, and motivated to help us succeed...
FET #1 [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]: After ectopic pregnancy, we decided to do PGS testing on our 10 frozen embryos. 7 came back normal...Most of the nurses were very friendly and warm...Weaknesses: This is more of a personal preference, but I wish you could see your own doctor for more of the procedures (egg retrievals/embryo transfers) rather than whoever is on rotation for the week. It would be nice to touch base with your doctor more often, but she did make herself available by phone when we had questions specifically for her. They also don't call with test results other than pregnancy tests.
Dr. Casey was very friendly during our first meeting. Based on my prior testing, treatment and overall diagnosis from my OB, she was confident that we would have success with IVF within a couple rounds. During what turned out to be three rounds of IVF, she was supportive during our low points (chemical pregnancy and ectopic pregnancy) and still very encouraging and hopeful that we would have a baby. She never made us feel rushed, but I do feel that you had to come prepared with questions, otherwise the meetings would be very short. Overall, she was very warm, knowledgeable, and motivated to help us succeed.
Do your research and come prepared with questions! She is a wealth of information, but you need to know what to ask.
We ended up completing two rounds of IVF (fresh transfers) and one FET with her, and I feel like she was genuinely happy for us when we finally had success (after our third round). She was also very sympathetic when our first two rounds were unsuccessful - one being a chemical pregnancy, and the other an ectopic pregnancy. She personally called my OB to refer me back for treatment of the ectopic. When we returned for another round, she was very patient and took time to answer our very long list of questions. This helped to alleviate some of my concerns about another negative outcome occurring.
IVF #1 (antagonist protocol): Gonal-F: 250 units starting Menopur: 75 units Ganirelix Lupron for trigger shot due to increased risk for OHSS Endometrin inserts before transfer (1 insert 3x/day) Ended up decreasing Gonal-F during stimulation due to overstimulation. By the end, they lowered me to 75 units (lowest dose per their standards). This resulted in 27 eggs, most appearing mature, but only 10 fertilized (not using ICSI). Ended up with one viable morula to transfer on day 5. No embryos left to freeze. Transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol): Same as above except Gonal-F was kept at 75 units the entire time. They wanted a lower/slower stim cycle in hopes of better quality embryos. 19 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 11 viable blasts. Fresh transferred top graded embryo, and froze the remaining 10. This resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. FET #1: After ectopic pregnancy, we decided to do PGS testing on our 10 frozen embryos. 7 came back normal. Lupron: 20 units for 10 days, then 5 units for another 10 days Estrace: Started at 1x/day then ramped up to 3x/day Endometrin: 1 insert 3x/day Baby aspirin 1x/day Transferred 1 euploid frozen embryo that resulted in a healthy pregnancy and live birth.
Most of the nurses were very friendly and warm. My favorite was Theresa A.! Dori was also very nice. They always ensured that we had our prescriptions faxed over to the pharmacy on time, and called back same day for most of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths: Success rates, knowledgeable staff, very organized with their information. Weaknesses: This is more of a personal preference, but I wish you could see your own doctor for more of the procedures (egg retrievals/embryo transfers) rather than whoever is on rotation for the week. It would be nice to touch base with your doctor more often, but she did make herself available by phone when we had questions specifically for her. They also don't call with test results other than pregnancy tests.
She suggested transferring one embryo due to the quality and success rates for their clinic, but was open to us transferring 2 embryos had that been our preference.
Minneapolis
Colleen Casey spoke to us about our individual case. She was encouraging and understood the multiple considerations one needs to consider with IVF....Colleen Casey answered all of our questions thoroughly and never made us feel dumb for asking. She was receptive and offered alternative options. The clinic operates such that you have minimal contact with your actual doctor so we only spoke with her a total of 4 times, including once on the phone. She did seem a bit annoyed when we called with an after hours question about embryo transfer. We felt we needed time to consider all of our options but she mentioned that they were going to call the next day. I was a bit taken back by this.
Communication with the nursing staff [CRM Mpls] is almost impossible. They never answer and if you don't answer it's impossible to get information...They were kind during the in patient procedures...They don't have urologist on staff, thought they could schedule my husband's sperm extraction, decided late in the game that it was too risky and we had to reschedule our entire cycle...It's nice to know that they are constantly collaborating.
In general Dr Casey is encouraging but if you see her realize that other doctors at the clinic are more clinical and aren't always exactly familiar with your situation.
We had infertility due to my husband having anejaculation due to cancer treatment. I am 38 but with a health 4.8 AMH and they counted 22 follicles pre treatment. We were prescribed Menopur, follistim and ganirelex. I only stimmed for 6 days, they retrieved 9 eggs, only 5 mature, 3 blasts on day 6, all tested abnormal with PGS. Trying again this time with Lupron, Menopur and Follistim. Dr Casey is hoping to slow down stim process a touch in order to have more mature eggs to work with.
Communication with the nursing staff is almost impossible. They never answer and if you don't answer it's impossible to get information. I'm a teacher and I learned pretty quickly I needed to step out of my class and run down the hallway for privacy if I ever wanted any information. They were kind during the in patient procedures.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's nice to know that they are constantly collaborating. It's a convenient location for all of the procedures and it's nice that everything is done in one facility. It's unfortunate that the monitoring hours are so limited though they were able to generally get me in when I needed to see someone.
Dr Casey was wonderful in recommending PGS when we said that we were really uncomfortable risking a Twin pregnancy. With PGS we can do single transfer and be pretty confident that we are implanting a healthy embryo.