Chaska
Minneapolis, MN 55407
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118
651-379-3110

He [Dr. Paul Kuneck] is a kind man but very to the point. He explained things in good details to understand. I only met with him in the beginning and then to review the next steps. He was very thorough with explaining everything and procedures to me.... I had ultrasound on cd 2/3. I took femara cd 3-7. Follow up ultrasound on cd 10 w trigger shot. Then iui on day 12 w starting progesterone the next day. He said do 4 cycles and come back.
In mpls [Center for Reproductive Medicine-Minneapolis] I felt like a number. In St. Paul location I was a patient.... Mpls clinic was always late.... Nurses in St. Paul were amazing!! Always listened me to questions and concerns... I had ultrasound on cd 2/3. I took femara cd 3-7. Follow up ultrasound on cd 10 w trigger shot. Then iui on day 12 w starting progesterone the next day. He said do 4 cycles and come back.
How was your experience with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He's a kind man but very to the point. He explained things in good details to understand. I only met with him in the beginning and then to review the next steps. He was very thorough with explaining everything and procedures to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He's to the point
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
In mpls I felt like a number. In St. Paul location I was a patient
Describe the protocols Paul Kuneck used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nurses in St. Paul were amazing!! Always listened me to questions and concerns
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Mpls clinic was always late
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I'm not sure, my insurance pays a lot

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Campbell] was friendly and had good bedside manner. We trusted him as a doctor....until we had two back to back transfer failures of PGS normal embryos and he didn't want to make any changes to our protocol. Just wanted to keep doing the same thing. I was the one who had to do all the research on things to try and bring ideas to him, most of which he shot down and seemed unwilling to do...
The only strength [of the nurses at Ctr for Repro Med - Minnie] I can think of is timely responses to messages/voice mails, and a few of them showed compassion and caring. Most of them seemed to just want to get your visit/phone call/etc. over with so that they could get to the next person...This clinic puts everyone on birth control pills for both retrieval and transfers, in order to control your body to fit their schedule. For me, and for many other women, birth control pills wreak havoc on our emotional well being. So you will be an emotional mess while you wait two months on your birth control pills so you can fit into their schedule...
How was your experience with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He was friendly and had good bedside manner. We trusted him as a doctor....until we had two back to back transfer failures of PGS normal embryos and he didn't want to make any changes to our protocol. Just wanted to keep doing the same thing. I was the one who had to do all the research on things to try and bring ideas to him, most of which he shot down and seemed unwilling to do.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
This clinic and doctor are very standardized - they put every patient on the same protocol and rarely change it, even if it's not working. If that's the situation you want to be in, by all means go to this clinic and doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Long wait times to get on their schedule for retrieval, transfer, etc. They obviously had a much bigger patient load then can appropriately carry. Not a single person there from receptionists, doctors, and nurses ever remembered your name, despite going there nearly daily at some points in the retrieval cycle. Not a single person ever asked me how I was doing with everything and their attitude was generally get em in and get em out.
Describe the protocols Bruce Campbell used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
For egg retrieval: priming with birth control pills, then lupron, then stim with menopur and gonal f. No cetrotide/ganirelix. HCG trigger. For frozen transfer: birth control pills, then lupron, then prepare with estrace pills (worked up to 2mg three times a day), PIO injections after lining check. Baby aspirin.
The only strength I can think of is timely responses to messages/voice mails, and a few of them showed compassion and caring. Most of them seemed to just want to get your visit/phone call/etc. over with so that they could get to the next person.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Campbell at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
28k not including meds.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
- I had issues with thin lining for transfer which I did not believe they handled well. They round up their lining measurements (i.e., I was a 6.6 and they called it a 7 and had us move forward). When my lining never got past a 7 the second transfer they offered no other explanation or plan b. - They did not tell us ahead of time about their planned closure of their embryology lab which delayed our transfer. I work in a highly regulated industry and I completely understand the need to maintain quality in a laboratory environment but they did not do a good job of informing us. -Every time we wanted to move on to a next step (scheduling transfers, for example) it was up to a week of waiting for a nurse to call back, and when they did, their next available date was months in the future. They don't work with your cycle they work with their schedule.
Minneapolis

CRM is the busiest fertility clinic in Minneapolis with a high patient volume. Despite the countless office visits and appointments, it still felt as though I was a stranger to the staff...My results were never communicated to me. I had to call and ask to get my FSH, AMH, LSH, Prolactin, and Estradiol levels. I also was never told what my lining measurement was after my first retrieval. After I began reading chat boards online, I soon realized that these should be common knowledge to the patient...The nurses were great. They were always available to answer questions. I rarely saw the same nurse twice, so I never felt like any of them really knew me. But one nurse in particular (Theresa) was amazing. I was fortunate enough to have her 2 or 3 times. She was so caring and supportive. She listened to my concerns, and really helped ease any worries or fears I may have had.
Dr. Kuneck is very intelligent and was thorough when we actually saw him. However, that was not often. We mostly communicated with the nurses and other staff. Our only embryo transfer (which failed) was not performed by him, but rather a doctor I had never even met. My egg retrieval also was performed by another doctor in the clinic. The lack of presence was something I did not anticipate when we initially chose him as our RE. I had hoped for a doctor who was more hands on and who was more directly involved with us throughout the entire process.
You really need to be our own advocate. Do your research and question any and everything you are doubting or concerned about.
For my retrieval, I initially was put on BCPs for 2-3 weeks, then lupron for 10 days, menopur, and Gonal F. This seems to be their go-to protocol. Fortunately, I responded well to the meds and didn't need any tweaking. They retrieved 19 eggs, 12 mature. For my FET cycle, again did BCPs for over a month. Once stopped, started lupron, then added estrace orally 3 times a day. Also 1 low dose aspirin. I started Progesterone in oil 5 days before transfer. This time I didn't respond well to the protocol, as my lining wasn't getting thick enough. I only measured 6.1 mm on day 14, so my transfer date was pushed out a week. They increased my estrace to 3 2mg tablets orally and 1 vaginally at night. On day 21, I measured 7.6 mm which they seemed to be satisfied with. I was very concerned that my lining wasn't thick enough, and suggested that maybe we cancel. We only had one embryo, so I wanted every precaution to be taken. I was told not to worry, that my lining was just fine. We went ahead and transferred our only beautiful, hatching embie, which resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think this clinic is best for those who are the typical infertility case. Those who require a different and more customized approach, would do better elsewhere.
We did 1 cycle of IVF with ICSI, 1 MicroTESE surgery and 1TESE surgery for my husband, egg freezing, embryo freezing, and 1 Frozen Embryo Transfer. Total our costs were upward of $30,000.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt like a number at CRM. During my 3 IUI cycles and my IVF cycle I never saw my doctor [Dr. Lisa Erickson] one time. I had an issue with Lupron, and with that was able to speak with my Dr. on the phone. At one point during my IVF cycle monitoring a polyp was found on my cervix. This was very scary as I didn't want my cycle to be canceled. After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'.
After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse [at CRM] say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'. This made me feel even more like a number, like I wasn't being treated with any type of customization and that they honestly didn't care if I got pregnant or not. I ended up getting pregnant, which of course I can't complain about, but I wouldn't choose this clinic again.
How was your experience with Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Erickson was compassionate and friendly, but I never saw her besides during our initial consult so I don't feel like I can evaluate her. But since I have to use 200 characters I will say, that if a clinic is so busy, that their doctors don't even see a patient through their treatment, then they should take on less patients. Why even have a doctor?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
See your patients during their cycles so they feel confident. My doctor is now retired so it doesn't really matter, but I'm sure CRM still operates like this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I felt like a number at CRM. During my 3 IUI cycles and my IVF cycle I never saw my doctor one time. I had an issue with Lupron, and with that was able to speak with my Dr. on the phone. At one point during my IVF cycle monitoring a polyp was found on my cervix. This was very scary as I didn't want my cycle to be canceled. After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'. This made me feel even more like a number, like I wasn't being treated with any type of customization and that they honestly didn't care if I got pregnant or not. I ended up getting pregnant, which of course I can't complain about, but I wouldn't choose this clinic again.
Describe the protocols Lisa Erickson used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
During my 3 IUI cycles I too femara to stimulate follicle growth. During my last cycle I had NINE measurable follicles (it still didn't work). During my IVF cycle I was on follistim, menepur and lupron. I only produced 7 follicles. It seems like if I was able to produce so many by just taking a pill, that I should have produced a lot more by the invasive injectables. My Dr. and I weren't on the same page as far as a goal for eggs. Again, we're thankful it worked, but have no eggs frozen which means another round of IVF.
I had a different nurse at each visit, so no primary. Also as I mentioned previously from the comments I overheard from a nurse, it's obvious they treat their patients as numbers and not real people.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM has a high success rate, which is the whole point of fertility treatment so that's great. Patients are treated like numbers so if you're someone who needs compassion and to build a relationship with your doctor, this isn't the place for you. Nurses show no compassion and cycle you in and out quickly. I don't feel like treatment is customized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We purchased the attine program for about $22,000
Describe Lisa Erickson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We transfered one embroy which is all we had.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Each couple's infertility story is different and unique. Dr. Erickson takes that into consideration when creating a diagnosis and treatment plan. She was careful with her words and very sympathetic when she was explaining our diagnosis and our odds of conceiving.... Before leaving that appointment, we had a diagnosis, a surgery date set up, and a tentative treatment plan....I did 2 IUI's following the same protocol and then it was recommended we do IVF.
Making appointments for anything (ultrasounds, blood work, doctor visits) is easy. Many same day appointments available. The waiting room [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] is very cozy and inviting and doesn't make it seem like you are at a "clinic."... Our total IVF cost included ICSI and genetic testing. Freezing remaining embryos was not included. Medications were not included either. We were quoted around $15,000 for one IVF session
During our consultation, Dr. Erickson made sure she explained everything in terms we understood. She came in the ultrasound room with me and explained everything she was seeing, instead of waiting for her to read the results and tell us at another appointment. Before leaving that appointment, we had a diagnosis, a surgery date set up, and a tentative treatment plan. It was information overload but everything we have been waiting to hear. We finally got answers.
Ask lots of questions. You will go over a lot of information in a short period of time. Think of questions before your appointment and bring that list with you.
During our consultation, we set up a surgery date and a tentative treatment plan following surgery. After surgery, I was prescribed Femara and ovidrel injection, along with IUI. I did 2 IUI's following the same protocol and then it was recommended we do IVF. With Stage 4 endometriosis, your odds of conceiving on your own is very low.
They all worked as a team with their doctors. Appointments ran quick and smooth.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Making appointments for anything (ultrasounds, blood work, doctor visits) is easy. Many same day appointments available. The waiting room is very cozy and inviting and doesn't make it seem like you are at a "clinic."
We didn't get this far into our treatment yet.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Erickson was very patient and kind. She always had a smile on her face, and she was always very optimistic. She was truthful, but caring. I felt in very good hands with Dr. Erickson.... Dr. Erickson was the first doctor we met with at CRM back in 2014. She explained that I should have a laparoscopy as a first step to confirm if I did or did not have endometriosis. Once I found that out, she advised we jump right into IVF, because outcomes are best.
Dr. Erickson was the first doctor we met with at CRM back in 2014. She explained that I should have a laparoscopy as a first step to confirm if I did or did not have endometriosis. Once I found that out, she advised we jump right into IVF, because outcomes are best. We were hesitant because of the cost, but she really seemed to push IVF. At first, we didn't appreciate the strong push, but once our IUI cycle failed, we decided to look into IVF. She was always very encouraging and compassionate. She was always hopeful and she seemed to have a very positive outlook for us.
Ask questions and take notes, and see if there is anything that would work before the cost of IVF. I think the best advice is to get educated on all of the terminology and scenarios.
I initially had two laparoscopies to excise the endometriosis. We then tried for six months with no luck, and tried IUI. IUI was not recommended, but we wanted to try anyways. We did a pretty straight and simple cycle with egg monitoring and a trigger shot. I had two mature eggs, and the cycle failed. We waited two months before we decided on IVF. When we went in for our IVF consultation it was January, and they didn't have an opening for a retrieval until May. I started birth control in late February, and then Lupron. I then used Menopur and Follistim. I was closely monitored and my eggs weren't where they should be, so we bumped up everything. I had my retrieval in early May, where I had 12 eggs retrieved. We decided before the cycle, that if I had anything more than 12 eggs, we were going to freeze the eggs, and just fertilize the 12 to limit the amount of embryos. We ended up with a perfect dozen, and of that 12, 8 were mature, and by day five we had three viable embryos. I used Minivalle patches and Endometrin. I feel like I had a pretty standard protocol, and we were happy with the outcome. We transferred one on day five and nine months later, our miracle daughter was born! We have two embryos on ice and we are just deciding on when would be a good time to grow our family again.
They seem distant and not engaged. I truly wish they had more compassion and empathy. It seemed like they were disengaged and just there doing their job. Going through fertility treatments is so emotionally exhausting that I wish that the nurses were more engaged.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Overall, CRM did a great job, and we of course were so grateful for our positive outcome. I do think they could show more compassion and grace while dealing with patients that have so much riding on their care. I think that the doctors are smart, and their protocols have worked for many of my friends, including us. Also, when my daughter was born, I sent a birth announcement, and I heard crickets. I really do think the least they could do is send a congratulations card. We have spent so much money and time, and there was no response. For example, I sent a birth announcement to my acupuncturist, and they sent a card and a Onsie. I just think CRM's overall customer experience could be upped, especially when people have poured their heart, soul, time energy and cash here.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It was a well-oiled machine. I never had to wait more than five minutes. I really appreciated how efficient they kept appointments.
Cycle Monitoring Medications Lab Work All said and done it was around $15,000
Our doctor strongly encouraged a single embryo transfer for the fresh cycle. For FET, she encourages multiples.
Minneapolis

Dr. Damario decided to change my dosages on my meds and add in Ganirelix in hopes that I would produced more mature eggs and prevent any premature ovulation. ... He was very nice and personable and explained everything to my husband and I in great detail. Even though he was quiet I felt like he was to the point and made sure we understood everything. ....
My monitoring appointments were always in the morning as then it gave time for the doctor to review everything and then make any necessary medicine dosage changes or anything like that. It was very much a well-run clinic [CRMM] and never did it feel like you were the next in line. ... The staff is really there to help you and they want the best outcome for their patients. Never once did they make me feel like I was being a burden and they always answered any questions I had.
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He was a very good doctor. I was scheduled with him after I had to reschedule my appointment from another doctor at the clinic. He was very nice and personable and explained everything to my husband and I in great detail. Even though he was quiet I felt like he was to the point and made sure we understood everything. He took the time to answer all of our questions and address our concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is quiet but very personable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Damario was quiet but explained everything very well. He always answered my questions and never did I feel like I was being a burden to him. He was to the point and never gave any sense of false hope.
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
My first protocol I was on Lupron, Menopur, and Follistim. After the first retrieval I produced 17 eggs, 10 were mature and 8 fertilized. Unfortunately we were left with no embryos after our genetic testing was done. For my next egg retrieval Dr. Damario decided to change my dosages on my meds and add in Ganirelix in hopes that I would produced more mature eggs and prevent any premature ovulation. At my retrieval we got 15 eggs, 13 were mature and 10 fertilized. After both retrievals and genetic testing we were left with 2 genetically normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The nurses and staff were the ones who I/we dealt with the most. We had the most communication between us and they could not have been more great. They always made sure our questions were answered and our concerns were addressed. Because I live about 2 hours away from them they were always so good about communication and accommodating when needed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The staff is really there to help you and they want the best outcome for their patients. Never once did they make me feel like I was being a burden and they always answered any questions I had. They were so helpful in so many ways and they really made you feel comfortable and that you mattered. When you're dealing with infertility the last thing you want to feel is as if you're just another number. The staff really treated me well.
My monitoring appointments were always in the morning as then it gave time for the doctor to review everything and then make any necessary medicine dosage changes or anything like that. It was very much a well-run clinic and never did it feel like you were the next in line.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The costs were broken down into monitoring, procedures, and they gave estimates on what medications and genetic testing would cost. They also had the embryo storage cost information.
Describe Mark Damario's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We did discuss the risks about transferring 2 vs 1 and ultimately the decision was left up to myself and my husband.
St. Paul
She [Dr. Erickson] knew who we were by name at every appointment and was always candid with us on what steps to take. She was always caring and very understanding of our needs and fears. She never rushed us in our appointments.... Since we had already home through 2 previous cycles with another doctor which resulted in the embryos becoming pregnancies but eventually miscarrying, she wanted us to try 5 day versus 3 day even tho I didn’t have as many eggs.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was located in a rather busy area however the parking structure and the way they provided free parking to patients was very easy to work with. I felt the staff was very professional and knowledgeable too. The patient accounts staff was also very good to work with and responsive. The front office staff was professional and welcoming which made the waiting area have a nice welcoming atmosphere. The lobby had a warm and professional look to it which made you feel as though they cared enough to make their patients comfortable.
I liked that she wanted to try different things with us and was willing to try them. Especially when our old doctor wouldn’t and made us feel like it wasn’t possible. She was very understanding of our fears and worries. She worked hard to explain thumbs to us and to make sure we understood the process.
Ask a lot of questions and never feel that a question is too dumb to ask. Lisa is great at explaining things. Trust her judgement.
She knew who we were by name at every appointment and was always candid with us on what steps to take. She was always caring and very understanding of our needs and fears. She never rushed us in our appointments.
Since we had already home through 2 previous cycles with another doctor which resulted in the embryos becoming pregnancies but eventually miscarrying, she wanted us to try 5 day versus 3 day even tho I didn’t have as many eggs. She explained her reasoning and we felt it was worth the try. She also suggested a frozen embryo transfer instead of fresh and have us background detail to support her reasoning which we understood and agreed to even tho it was added cost for us. She was very thorough with her supporting information and her own experience that we felt we could trust her judgement.
They were all nice. Front desk staff was very polite at all times and the lab staff was warm and welcoming each time i was there to draw blood.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic was located in a rather busy area however the parking structure and the way they provided free parking to patients was very easy to work with. I felt the staff was very professional and knowledgeable too. The patient accounts staff was also very good to work with and responsive. The front office staff was professional and welcoming which made the waiting area have a nice welcoming atmosphere. The lobby had a warm and professional look to it which made you feel as though they cared enough to make their patients comfortable.
Roughly 22,000
I do not have any comments because we did multiple embryo transfer without any issues.
Minneapolis
Dr. Damario did a great job of explaining my cycle, process and possible outcomes with both my husband and myself. He is thoughtful in his answers and takes his time with patients... is very soft spoken...Sometimes the science behind the procedures gets in the way of his human connection. He is the person that made decisions as to how to proceed in my treatment plan because of his knowledge and previous experience and then handed my treatment off to the incredible nursing staff at CRM. He explained risks and procedures well and was able to answer our questions.
I always felt welcome at CRM St. Paul. The entire staff is fantastic! They are very organized, well versed in insurance, compassionate, honest, friendly, kind and gentle. They get to know you, your family and your availability. They care!...The nurses at CRM are incredible! They are compassionate, kind, super intelligent, honest and available. I cannot say enough remarkable things about the nurses at CRM...The cost of procedures was very clearly outlined early on in our treatment and we were very aware of what to expect as far as insurance coverage and personal billing.
Dr. Damario is very soft spoken. He is thoughtful and very intelligent. Sometimes the science behind the procedures gets in the way of his human connection. He is the person that made decisions as to how to proceed in my treatment plan because of his knowledge and previous experience and then handed my treatment off to the incredible nursing staff at CRM. He explained risks and procedures well and was able to answer our questions.
I would suggest a future patient to be prepared with questions during the meeting with Dr. Damario. After our first two meetings, we did not see him but saw the fabulous nursing staff at CRM. (Seriously, the nurses are AMAZING!)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The cost of injections and other medications were expensive. I learned quickly to call around to various pharmacies when that option was available. The cost of procedures was very clearly outlined early on in our treatment and we were very aware of what to expect as far as insurance coverage and personal billing.
Dr. Damario talked very openly and honestly about multiple vs. single transfers. He offered insight into possible challenges and listened carefully to our wishes.
St. Paul

Dr. Casey was very professional. She explained everything in detail, and drew diagrams for us. She answered all of our questions and expressed understanding of our situation. The only reason I scored her a 9 instead of 10 is because I would have preferred someone a little bit warmer, but she was an excellent doctor, and we have a beautiful child, so we have no complaints! ... Colleen Casey expressed understanding of our situation.
CRM is an excellent clinic with outstanding doctors and nurses. Also, I recall a certain phlebotomist who was a gentle wizard which was a relief since I had to get my blood taken so many times. The office is clean, and the receptionists are friendly. I would recommend CRM to anyone. ... I felt like some of them [nurses] could have been warmer occasionally, but I was also tremendously emotionally fragile at the time. They answered all my questions.
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Write down your questions and bring them with you to your appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Colleen Casey expressed understanding of our situation.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I did three rounds of Femara, and pregnancy tests were negative. We decided to do IVF, and did a fresh transfer. It was successful! We plan to do a frozen transfer soon.
The nurses were all very professional, seemed experienced, and were informative. I felt like some of them could have been warmer occasionally, but I was also tremendously emotionally fragile at the time. They answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I believe the IVF bills totaled around 15K, but that includes meds.
Describe Colleen Casey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Dr. Casey advised us to do a single embryo transfer considering my age at the time and our situation, and explained the risks of doing multiple embryo transfer. I am very glad we took her advice.
Minneapolis

The doctor [Dr. Mark Damario] did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician...I only actually met Dr. Damario one time. He never once called me to provide an update on the cycle. He left everything to the nurses who treated me as any other patient and did not consider my own past experiences when building my protocol...spent the majority of the time speaking to my spouse and talking about how impressed he was with his sperm. He spent the entire meeting writing down the things that we were saying and it did not feel as though he was actually listening to what we wanted. He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my sub
I did three cycles of IUI using Clomid and injectibles [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...The doctor [Dr. Mark Damario] did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician...Treat their patients as a number, there is no such thing as an individualized treatment plan at CRM. The nursing staff was kind but they were not very open with communication and only told me things when I would ask...Ask specifically about what diagnosis and treatment plan he is giving you...He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my subsequent doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone seeking out treatment. As a woman, I felt that he was incredibly incompassionate.
During my one meeting with Dr. Damario he treated me as though I was not even in the room and spent the majority of the time speaking to my spouse and talking about how impressed he was with his sperm. He spent the entire meeting writing down the things that we were saying and it did not feel as though he was actually listening to what we wanted. He diagnosed me with PCOS but never actually told me that he had given me that diagnosis, I only found out after my records were transferred to my subsequent doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone seeking out treatment. As a woman, I felt that he was incredibly incompassionate.
Ask specifically about what diagnosis and treatment plan he is giving you.
Throughout my time being treated at Center for Reproductive medicine I only actually met Dr. Damario one time. He never once called me to provide an update on the cycle. He left everything to the nurses who treated me as any other patient and did not consider my own past experiences when building my protocol.
I did three cycles of IUI using Clomid and injectibles.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The doctor did not tell me about my PCOS diagnosis, I only learnt of it after my records were transferred to the next physician.
St. Paul

Dr Lisa Erickson was the kindest doctor I have ever met. She treated me like I was her only patient ever...If she hadn't retired, I would've only recommend her. She explained everything in detail and she was very compassionate...I used donor embryo transfer with Dr. Lisa Erickson, so that was like the second half of an IVF cycle. I did 60 days of progesterone shots.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine] was located in a good location, easy access and parking, clinic was nice, clean, and organized. I never waited very long at all for any appt. I do not have a bad thing to say. I would recommend this clinic to anyone...All were great, I did not have a bad experience with the nurses or lab technicians...I used donor embryo transfer with Dr. Lisa Erickson, so that was like the second half of an IVF cycle. I did 60 days of progesterone shots.
Dr Lisa Erickson is the kindest doctor I've ever met. She treated me like I was her only patient. If she hadn't retired, I would've only recommend her. She explained everything in detail and she was very compassionate.
Unfortunately, Dr. Lisa Erickson had retired.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic was located in a good location, easy access and parking, clinic was nice, clean, and organized. I never waited very long at all for any appt. I do not have a bad thing to say. I would recommend this clinic to anyone.
I paid around $10k under Dr Erickson. I paid about $30K overall
She recommended transferring 1 embryo, I chose to transfer 2 embryos, they both implanted, but I did lose one around 9 weeks. I gave birth to one healthy baby.
Minneapolis

I just didn't get the compassionate care I was hoping for [from Dr. Colleen Casey] . I felt like she was rushing through a list and not caring so much about what I wanted, the appointments always felt rushed...I definitely didn't feel too important. She covered all the bases, explained everything it detail, it was just rushed. It was difficult sitting there and just feeling like a box she was checking off her list...The nurse who preformed my IUI was actually kind of rude
I didn't have a problem with the Clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] itself, it was a nice space. They could have been more interactive with people and not so rushed with one person to the next. You just feel like a number after awhile and not really cared for...The nurse who preformed my IUI was actually kind of rude, she made me feel very small because I didn't seem to know the exact date of my last pap. She made snarky comments and then preformed the IUI. I never felt to belittled
She was nice enough, I just didn't get the compassionate care I hoped for, I definitely didn't feel too important. She covered all the bases, explained everything it detail, it was just rushed. It was difficult sitting there and just feeling like a box she was checking off her list.
Ask questions in great detail, if you don't understand something tell her, be clear with your needs and wants.
I just didn't get the compassionate care I was hoping for. I felt like she was rushing through a list and not caring so much about what I wanted, the appointments always felt rushed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I didn't have a problem with the Clinic itself, it was a nice space. They could have been more interactive with people and not so rushed with one person to the next. You just feel like a number after awhile and not really cared for.

2014 - 2016, Successful
I chose Dr. Kuneck after another clinic because I felt confident in his abilities. He is very experienced and understood my treatment goals. He was always direct which I appreciated and at the end of the day, I got my healthy singleton...I never felt like anyone in the clinic really knew who I was or cared too much about personally but they were responsive if I said I needed emotional support.
Don't go in [to the Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] expecting hand holding or warm and fuzzy. If you like direct and come in informed about your own treatment, you will have a better experience...The clinic is organized, clean, and comfortable. I always felt like they had up to date technology and were willing to spend money on the facilities. Also, they pay for parking which is a small thing but it is nice. My previous clinic charged for parking at every visit which was annoying and added up.
Don't go in expecting hand holding or warm and fuzzy. If you like direct and come in informed about your own treatment, you will have a better experience.
The nurses are extremely organized and come in the room knowing the case and knowing the treatment plan.

2016, Unknown Success
I have really enjoyed working with Dr. Casey thus far. We are just in the midst of our treatments, post transfer, but do not know the results yet. I appreciate her specific attention to patients, and she seems to remember me when I see her - though it [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is a VERY busy clinic. Though, for retrievals and transfers, you see the doctor on for the week. I had Dr. Casey for my retrieval, but my transfer was with a different Doctor. I do wish that I would have had the consistency of the same physician throughout the process, but I understand the need to do it this way with scheduling.
Be prepared with good questions
I have really enjoyed working with Dr. Casey thus far. We are just in the midst of our treatments, post transfer, but do not know the results yet. I appreciate her specific attention to patients, and she seems to remember me when I see her - though it is a VERY busy clinic. Though, for retrievals and transfers, you see the doctor on for the week. I had Dr. Casey for my retrieval, but my transfer was with a different Doctor. I do wish that I would have had the consistency of the same physician throughout the process, but I understand the need to do it this way with scheduling.
They're fairly good. Not terribly warm.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Very prompt with return phone xalls

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Casey is great. She listened to my concerns, and didn't dismiss my specific treatment requests- if they weren't in my best interest she would explain why, and then offer options. When I explained to her that I wanted aggressive treatment, she gave me a sound plan for hopefully achieving a healthy pregnancy. The perfect combination of "to the point" and people skills....Don't be afraid to ask for a specific treatment, or for her opinion on a course of action. She is very receptive.
A majority of my treatment was covered by a $10k insurance benefit. I believe the initial consultation was $450. CRM is extremely good at providing costs for services...I LOVE the nurses at CRM [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]! They were always very compassionate, supportive and responsive. They did a majority of my treatments (U/S, inject teaching, plan communication, IUIs) and always made me feel confident and at ease. I trusted them completely....I LOVE the nurses at CRM! They were always very compassionate, supportive and responsive. They did a majority of my treatments (U/S, inject teaching, plan communication, IUIs) and always made me feel confident and at ease. I trusted them completely.
Dr Casey was great at treating me like a person because I never felt like she didn't remember who I was, or my case details. She remembered particular details, called me personally with results, and tailored my treatment plan to ME, not just a medical suggestion that fit my diagnosis.
I started on femara, at my request. Three cycles with Femara and TI yielded no results, so I was moved up to IUI +trigger. At this time Dr. Casey was on leave and a colleague of hers was monitoring her cases. This doctor refused to bump me to injection med with IUI+trigger, which I feel wasted cycles. I did 2 femara +IUI cycles with no result. On her return, Dr. Casey apologized for the mismanagement of my cycles while she was out, and immediately started me on an inject+trigger+IUI regimen. After my 1st failed inject/trigger/IUI cycle, my AMH was tested and was found to be .6, extremely low. We tried much higher doses of Gonal-f for my 2nd and 3rd injection IUIs, the 3rd IUI with these higher doses resulted in pregnancy and a live singleton birth.

2014 - 2015, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Bruce Campbell] was kind, but not involved in ultrasound visits, and did not perform either my retrieval or transfer. I assume that he was involved in med changes behind the scenes during stims. After our IVF cycle resulted in a twin MC/ectopic pregnancy, he was in contact more frequently, and squeezed us in between retrievals so that he could do 2 last-minute ultrasounds to try to find the second embryo (after I had miscarried the first). He was kind and empathetic without being sappy; he told us what to expect if it was found to be an ectopic which is what we needed.
We had two consults with Dr. Campbell: one for the clinic & our first IUI there, then another pre-IVF meeting, with a year between. During those meetings, it was very much stats, numbers, step-by-step process for the treatment, nothing special or unique to us...they [the staff at ghe Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] see a lot of patients, which can lead to a bit longer waits for ultrasound appts. There are multiple REs and they have a calendar of who does retrievals and transfers, which rotates every 10 days or so. As a result, your RE may not do either retrieval or transfer.
He was kind, but not involved in ultrasound visits, and did not perform either my retrieval or transfer. I assume that he was involved in med changes behind the scenes during stims. After our IVF cycle resulted in a twin MC/ectopic pregnancy, he was in contact more frequently, and squeezed us in between retrievals so that he could do 2 last-minute ultrasounds to try to find the second embryo (after I had miscarried the first). He was kind and empathetic without being sappy; he told us what to expect if it was found to be an ectopic which is what we needed.
Don't expect to see him during stims for either IUI or IVF. The doctors at this clinic monitor behind the scenes and have a rotating schedule for retrievals & transfers. There is very little contact with the actual doctor during a cycle.
We had two consults with Dr. Campbell: one for the clinic & our first IUI there, then another pre-IVF meeting, with a year between. During those meetings, it was very much stats, numbers, step-by-step process for the treatment, nothing special or unique to us. I don't know that I really expected it to be tailored though, since they hadn't done the CD3 BW to determine treatment protocol at the times we met with him. After our IVF cycle, I had a twin MC/ectopic pregnancy. During that time, when I spoke with Dr. Campbell he was very kind and made me feel treated as a person. With that said, he usually calls to deliver IVF results, but was out of the office that day and a nurse called instead, which made me feel like a number.
Antagonist protocol: 2 vials Menopur daily + 150 Follistim daily for maybe 10 days, + Ganirelex for 6 days of that. HCG trigger. Our diagnosis is unexplained infertility; my levels are all good but borderline not good. The high levels of stims are due to that. He said at our WTF meeting that he would change to a Lupron cycle if we were to do another round of IVF, in hopes that we would get more blasts. (8 of 9 mature fertilized, but only 2 made it to blast.)
I saw different nurses at most appointments. They were fine. Not overly compassionate, but generally not cold. (Although the nurse who called with my IVF beta results could use a lesson in compassion, rather than saying "you're pregnant", then hedging on saying anything about the low level other than "well it's not good, you'll just have to come back.") The nurses called when they said they would to give me plans for the next day of stims, scheduling was good, etc.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has higher rates of IVF success, which is a strength that outweighs most weaknesses. However they see a lot of patients, which can lead to a bit longer waits for ultrasound appts. There are multiple REs and they have a calendar of who does retrievals and transfers, which rotates every 10 days or so. As a result, your RE may not do either retrieval or transfer.
$10,475 for IVF cycle, plus meds. Meds were estimated at $3,000 for me based on CD3 BW results but ended up closer to $5,000.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr Kuneck has been doing these treatments since the 1980's. He is very professional, and he seems to stay up to date on current literature. I liked that he had such an extensive background in the field. While he doesn't show a lot of emotion, I was happy to have someone that I could trust due to his years of experience...I have endometriosis, so he didn't want to do any injectibles with IUI for me...,He knows what he is doing and has seen a lot in his career. He's not really warm and fuzzy, but you can trust that he will be direct with you.
The clinic [CCRM] has done these treatments for years, and is a like a well oiled machine. You will be treated respectfully. It can feel a little cold emotion-wise, and at times you can feel like a number...The nurses were very organized, and prompt with returning phone calls. They weren't all super outgoing, but they did their job well...While usually it was a nurse that would return my phone calls, I do recall after one failed cycle the MD [dR. Kuneck] called me to discuss my case. This was on Christmas Eve. I was impressed as he didn't have to take the time on the holiday, but he knew that I was upset, and he called anyway.
While usually it was a nurse that would return my phone calls, I do recall after one failed cycle the MD called me to discuss my case. This was on Christmas Eve. I was impressed as he didn't have to take the time on the holiday, but he knew that I was upset, and he called anyway.
I have endometriosis, so he didn't want to do any injectibles with IUI for me. I did 1 timed intercourse with clomid, 1 IUI with clomid, and then 2 IUIs with femara, as the side effects with clomid were rough. I did 1 IVF treament with a fresh day 5 transfer. I'm not sure of the name, but I started with BCP, then lupron, then injectibles. Due to painful IUI's, he decided I should be under anesthesia for the IVF transfer, which was very compassionate, in my opinion.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has done these treatments for years, and is a like a well oiled machine. You will be treated respectfully. It can feel a little cold emotion-wise, and at times you can feel like a number.
IUI covered by insurance. IVF shared risk program---$24,000
Describe Paul Kuneck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
i was instructed last minute to only transfer 1 embryo. I'm so glad that I did.

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Malo is really a great provider. He was on his way to retirement when we saw him; so I think if we caught him sooner-we may have had better luck with our cycle. He did care for us, but I think we could have had a few more tests done to make our IVF cycle better.... took lupron, menopur, follistim & doxycycline as I recall, plus a trigger shot. I did need to extend the meds as they did not see enough eggs/eggs not mature enough. Eventually I was given the go ahead for retrieval. Dr. (not Malo, one of his partners) retrieved 14, 11 were mature. We thought this was great! Each day that passed in the lab, our numbers dwindled. We had two day 5 embryos come transfer day. Neither embryo implanted.
Nursing staff [at CRM] were SO COMPASSIONATE. They truly hoped success for us, through & through. We saw many of the nurses throughout our treatment cycle. They worked well together & no matter who we were working with, they had knowledge about our cycle.... The clinic environment was very nice & welcoming. The front desk staff could be a little more friendly. At times I didn't feel comfortable checking in or making future appts because I felt like they didn't really care to help. CRM has a free info session, which was so nice to do, before going to our first real RE appt.
How was your experience with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Do your research. Be proactive. Be your own advocate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
We know CRM runs a busy clinic; but it seemed like we were shuffled through like a herd every visit. We didn't like that Dr. Malo was not involved in our transfer/retrieval. There was no consistency.
Describe the protocols John Malo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Dr. Malo had reason to believe his routine/common IVF protocol would work for us, with ICSI. I took lupron, menopur, follistim & doxycycline as I recall, plus a trigger shot. I did need to extend the meds as they did not see enough eggs/eggs not mature enough. Eventually I was given the go ahead for retrieval. Dr. (not Malo, one of his partners) retrieved 14, 11 were mature. We thought this was great! Each day that passed in the lab, our numbers dwindled. We had two day 5 embryos come transfer day. Neither embryo implanted.
Nursing staff were SO COMPASSIONATE. They truly hoped success for us, through & through. We saw many of the nurses throughout our treatment cycle. They worked well together & no matter who we were working with, they had knowledge about our cycle.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
All in all for Dr. Malo, about $13,000.00 For meds, about $2,000
Describe John Malo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
From our experience CRM was open to what we felt comfortable with.
Dr. Malo should have done more testing on my thyroid. I truly believe if we looked at this aspect more in depth, we may have had better end results.
John Malo

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Campbell was a very kind, trusting doctor. He never rushed us during appointments and made sure all of our questions were asked and answered. He was great at communicating and explaining what was going to happen in terms that my husband and I could understand. He always took his time and asked how I was feeling. I was extremely nervous during the whole journey but Dr. Campbell was always able to calm my nerves.
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] was very calming and quiet. The front desk was very helpful. I was always able to get in when needed. My husband and I were at an Infertility conference where CRM was present and at the time it was one of the billing and insurance specialist was answering queations. She even remembered us and asked how we were doing. Really showed the care and compassion of all of their staff.... Overall the nurses were absolutely wonderful. They to took the time to answer questions about medications
Not be afraid to ask anything!
He was a very kind, caring doctor who took the time to talk and listen. Would always say Hi in the hallway!
From what I remember it was a pretty typical protocol. I was on Leuprolide, follistim, menopur. It was either progesterone suppositories or injections; just depended if it was fresh transfer or frozen transfer. I did one of each.
Overall the nurses were absolutely wonderful. They to took the time to answer questions about medications, appointments or anything on our mind. They remembered from appointment to appointment that I don't do well with giving blood and liked to lay down.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic was very calming and quiet. The front desk was very helpful. I was always able to get in when needed. My husband and I were at an Infertility conference where CRM was present and at the time it was one of the billing and insurance specialist was answering queations. She even remembered us and asked how we were doing. Really showed the care and compassion of all of their staff.
Medication, ART and CRM
Describe Bruce Campbell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
With my age and overall good health they recommended one, but would transfer no more then two. The first fresh cycle we transfered one embryo which ended in miscarriage. The second round was a frozen cycle where we transfered 2 embryos. Only one took which then unfortunately ended in a miscarriage.
2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Colleen Casey] was friendly, but basically asked me how I wanted to proceed instead of giving her recommendation. She seemed confident I could conceive without intervention, even after 3 failed medicated cycles. I didn't feel that she had enough time to dedicate to really learning my situation and the treatment plan suffered as a result.
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] are their availability to see many patients due to their staff. Additionally, they did work out a payment plan with me when treatment expenses exceeded the quote. It's styled to feel more "homey" if that's your thing. Weaknesses include the attitudes of the nursing staff. Additionally, when I had to come in over the weekend for monitoring, one of the other doctors was complaining about how it was his weekend to work and he didn't want to be there. It felt like the clinic was out to make money, not treat infertility.
She was friendly, but basically asked me how I wanted to proceed instead of giving her recommendation. She seemed confident I could conceive without intervention, even after 3 failed medicated cycles. I didn't feel that she had enough time to dedicate to really learning my situation and the treatment plan suffered as a result.
Demand time and specifics. Ask what the plan will be if you don't respond as predicted. Push for diagnostic testing.
I only saw Dr. Casey twice during my 3 cycles of treatment. I had a different nurse every time and I didn't feel that my treatments were personalized. It was get me in and out as quickly as possible to get as many patients seen as possible.
I did two cycles of clomid and timed intercourse and one cycle of femara and timed intercourse. I didn't respond well to the clomid (only one follicle while taking the max dose), but did respond well to femara. I had indicated to her and the nurses that I ovulate late, but they still had me come in as if I was going to ovulate on CD14. This caused me to have to pay for additional ultrasounds which got to be very expensive. None of these cycles resulted in a positive pregnancy test.
Very matter-of-fact and didn't take the time to explain anything to me. When I questioned anything, I felt brushed off and not taken seriously.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths are their availability to see many patients due to their staff. Additionally, they did work out a payment plan with me when treatment expenses exceeded the quote. It's styled to feel more "homey" if that's your thing. Weaknesses include the attitudes of the nursing staff. Additionally, when I had to come in over the weekend for monitoring, one of the other doctors was complaining about how it was his weekend to work and he didn't want to be there. It felt like the clinic was out to make money, not treat infertility.
Each cycle was extended due to my late ovulation which added at least two ultrasounds at ~350/scan. Due to this, we spent almost $5k on three cycles which was well above the estimated costs.
It was very frustrating to learn I had PCOS from my 2nd doctor, who made the diagnosis quickly after viewing my file from CRM. Knowing this, I feel that the protocols Dr. Casey prescribed didn't completely make sense and could have been changed to give us a better chance of success. I didn't always receive timely phone calls from the nurses.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Some of the nurses were very nice, a couple were not. The clinic is a well oiled machine, I'll give them that...Dr. Campbell seems very old school. He likes to use the standard protocols, instead of adjusting them to your case. If you are a cookie cutter fertility patient he'd be just fine for you. However if you are a more complex case, I would look elsewhere...After multiple iuis and 4 fresh IVF cycles, if I passed him on the street he probably wouldn't even recognize me, definitely wouldn't know my name. Never even called after our 4th failed IVF and 2nd miscarriage.
Do your research, have multiple consults with different RE's at any of the MN clinics. Make sure you can easily say you think Dr. Campbell will be the best fit for you.
#1 Long Lupron - BFN. #2 Antagonist -BFN Microdose Lupron Flare - Chemical. #4 - started off as an iui with injectables, we made the call to switch it to an IVF. Best production we had as I was not on bcps for priming, which was used every other cycle at Dr. Campbell's insistence. This cycle resulted in a blighted ovum.
It was a well oiled machine, however sometime you did have a pretty long wait, but not too many times.
Like stated before, protocol choice was our biggest problem with this clinic, the Dr. not really listening to our suggestions etc.

2015, Successful
I saw him [Dr Campbell] for three appointments. The initial consultation and two ultrasound ch do ups on baby's heartbeat. I felt like a number and while I enjoyed meeting with him, there was never any other communication....He's very knowledgeable but very important and busy and the nurses will do most of the communicating. Plus, he was not present for egg retrieval or transfer.
There was no consistency among nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. I had a different one every time I came in. Some were great and some not as friendly....I waited weeks for PGS results from Geneis Genetics. I was told Friday afternoon that results did not come in though Genesis said they were released. I finally found out results Monday due to Dr. Campbell not finding the results that were sent. It was painful to wait so long for news of whether we had a healthy embryo or not.
I saw him for three appointments. The initial consultation and two ultrasound ch do ups on baby's heartbeat. I felt like a number and while I enjoyed meeting with him, there was never any other communication.
There was the initial ,setting where he seemed very genuine and kind but from then on there was little communication until we got to the ultrasounds of seeing our baby.
Had 11 eggs, 8 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5 biopsy and testing. 1 of the 4 embryos were normal after PGS testing. We transferred and have a wonderful 4 month old.
There was no consistency among nurses. I had a different one every time I came in. Some were great and some not as friendly.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nice looking, downtown so traffic is an issue, but this clinic has the best data with the most success. They are doing something right. Their embryologist were successful with our embryo.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kuneck is a smart, caring physician. He seems to be on his way to retirement so availability was not always great and he does not make himself very accessible to patients- it always felt like you have to go through an army of nurses and blocks to get any direct access to him.
There were a number of errors [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], the biggest that they did not inform me of a change in my medication protocol until too late. Even if that did not affect my cycle medically, the stress was enormous....Paul Kuneck was really great as a physician but his staff has some major weaknesses that made the process unpleasant and stressful at times.
Schedule regular face to face appointments with him in advance- you can cancel if you need to but otherwise you won't see him for months.
agonist, antagonist protocols- we failed almost every cycle so I'm not sure what would be useful for others. We did go to ICSI on the 2nd IVF and I would not wait to do this.
Some of the nurses were fantastic (Stacy) and others were absolutely terrible- there was one with a high pitched baby voice that was incredibly condescending every time and sometimes medically inaccurate as well (I'm in healthcare).
Standard
My insurance covered much of this but the costs were still enormous, but expected.
There were a number of errors, the biggest that they did not inform me of a change in my medication protocol until too late. Even if that did not affect my cycle medically, the stress was enormous.

2015, Successful
Paul [Kuneck] is a really good guy, who cares a lot about his patients. Even though I didn't see him most of the time I went in, he reviewed my chart every single time I went in. I would hear from him or his nurse later that day if there was any change in my treatment or medications based on his review.
This clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is very efficient, so you are not assigned a specific nurse or anything. Everyone there helps all of the patients. So its not quite as touchy feely or "warm" as I think others probably are...They don't mind answering tons of questions.
Paul is a really good guy, who cares a lot about his patients. Even though I didnt see him most of the time I went in, he reviewed my chart every single time I went in. I would hear from him or his nurse later that day if there was any change in my treatment or medications based on his review. And I did see him every time I went in for an ultrasound after my pregnancy was confirmed!
Trust him
This clinic is very efficient, so you are not assigned a specific nurse or anything. Everyone there helps all of the patients. So its not quite as touchy feely or "warm" as I think others probably are. But their outcomes are outstanding, which to me was the most important thing. It's also not like they are cold or anything, but they're not there to coddle you, they are there to get you pregnant. Everyone is very helpful.
They dont mind answering tons of questions. There were multiple days that I felt silly calling about something that was probably trivial, but I just wanted to be sure everything was OK, and the nurses never made me feel like my question was unimportant.