Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
410 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747
795 Primera Blvd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando to a friend?
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Surrogacy
The facility [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is too notch and brand new. All the equipment is the latest and greatest. Everything is also done in house so you don't have to visit multiple facilities depending on who you see or what services you are having performed... I saw the same nursing staff during my 1.5 years of visiting the practice. I always felt welcome and never rushed. They were all very knowledge and I felt like my treatment plan was tailored to my situation.
Other, Prefer not to answer
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The facility is too notch and brand new. All the equipment is the latest and greatest. Everything is also done in house so you don't have to visit multiple facilities depending on who you see or what services you are having performed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I would highly recommend CRM and Dr. Jaffe. I saw the same nursing staff during my 1.5 years of visiting the practice. I always felt welcome and never rushed. They were all very knowledge and I felt like my treatment plan was tailored to my situation.
The nursing staff is wonderful. I dealt with Amber and Judy throughout my entire treatment. They were knowledgeable and I never felt like I was "asking too many questions" or felt rushed.
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I highly recommend Dr. Jaffe. I had a horrible experience 3 years ago when I first visited a specialist on south Florida. My husband and I were misdiagnosed and told we would never be able to have kids. Thanks to Dr. Jaffe our very first IVF cycle was successful. From first visit, I felt at ease. The facility is great. Everything is done on site. The nursing staff is wonderful too. Everyone is extremely knowledable, prompt when returning messages and pleasant to deal with. I'm extremely grateful to have found CRM and Dr. Jaffe.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
For my egg retreival we used Gonal F, Lupron and Centrotide. I had 1 retreival resulting in 26 eggs retrieved. For my transfer I started Lurpon and Estrace prior to transfer (not at the exact same time) and PIO injections prior to transfer. Our first transfer was successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I was extremely lucky and have insurance coverage so my cost were reasonable.
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They only wanted to transfer 1 embryo (which I was fine with) as risk factors increase with multiples.
Orlando
The nursing staff [at CRM] is amazing! They are there for you anytime. If I had any questions, I would call and leave a message and they would call me back the same day. They are caring and compassionate people. They always make u comfortable and just go the extra mile to make us as comfortable as we can be in a difficult situation. They always make sure our questions are answered.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths are they are very kind and caring. Their facility is very clean and brand new. I honestly don’t have any weaknesses. They have always had our best internet and never had any problems with them.
Every time my partner and I went to an appointment we were always greeted very warmly. They always know who we are and are very polite. The office staff always treat you like you are their only patient. Everyone treats you with respect and they are very understanding of our delicate situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Judy Nurse Practitioner )
The nursing staff is amazing! They are there for you anytime. If I had any questions, I would call and leave a message and they would call me back the same day. They are caring and compassionate people. They always make u comfortable and just go the extra mile to make us as comfortable as we can be in a difficult situation. They always make sure our questions are answered.
Dr. Jaffe is an amazing doctor! I would highly recommend her to anyone I know and don’t know. My partner even recommends her to people as well. She is every kind and warm. She is very through in her explanations and never makes us feel stupid for asking a question. She’s never in a rush and always make sure she has done her best to help us understand our delicate situation. She does her best to make us feel comfortable. It’s not all serious, she will joke with us and talk about other things to lighten the mood. We love and appreciate that so much. My partner can get nervous and I can be very anxious, her joking with us helps calm our nerves. We definitely apperciate her in so many ways. She always has our best interest at heart. She recommends different plans that will work for us and whats will be in our best interest financially. We always feel calm and at ease after we leave an appointment with her. We would hands down recommend her to anyone we know. She truly has the best bedside manner of any doctor I’ve seen.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Relax and be calm. Dr. Jaffe will take care of your needs and listen you.
I started with an ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle. Then I started with taking letrozol 20mg twice a day, day 3-7 of my cycle. On day 10 I would go back for another ultrasound to look at the size of the follicles. Depending on the size I would return on the day in which they told me to for a follicle size of 18-20mm. Then they would tell me when to give myself the 10,000 units of HCG. They would then explain to me when to have relations. Then 2 weeks later they would have me come in for a blood pregnancy test to see if I was pregnant. After 3 cycles of this treatment we went on to IUI. We did 2 cycles of IUI everything being the same as the treatment before expect when I gave myself the 10,000 units of HCG we have to be in the office 36hrs later to give a semen sample and have them to place that sample higher in my uterus. They had me return in 12 days to see if I was pregnant.
It varies every month
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The staff at every clinic we have been to has been much to be desired. For the most part the staff [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is helpful. Now that Dr. Jaffe is in town the staff seems to be communicating better and more thorough.... Some say they will call with info and then email us instead or use their portal. The method of communication depends on the nurse and is not consistent.... We chose to use an attain program and pay for multiple cycles up front. It was about $22,000 not including medications or co payments.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Dr. Jaffe is definitely the most patient and caring Dr. we have came across so far. She has great bedside manner. The staff at every clinic we have been to has been much to be desired. For the most part the staff is helpful. Now that Dr. Jaffe is in town the staff seems to be communicating better and more thorough.
Her staff has treated me like a number, but Dr. Jaffe herself has treated me like a human and that’s the only reason I continue seeing her as a patient.
We have had a mixed experience depending on the nurses we get. Some say they will call with info and then email us instead or use their portal. The method of communication depends on the nurse and is not consistent.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
When I have seen or talked to her she is thorough and takes a lot of time with us. She listens and remembers the things we ask and covers any concerns. Our only set back was we went through a cycle we’re not told she would be out of town and unreachable. But when she returned she answered all of our questions and concerns.
Ask every question and concern you have. Be your own advocate and don’t feel intimidated as a patient.
We did 2 injections a day of menopur and 2 of gonal f. We started cetrocide on day 6 of our cycle. We did ultrasounds on day 3 and then again day 5, 6, and 7. Once we decided to abandon our cycle due to low follicle count we did an ovidrel trigger and tried naturally. We are adding letrozole to this cycle and more monitoring in hopes to get more follicles.
We have the choice to do a single embryo transfer or 2. The clinic does not do more than 2. They believe the success rate is better with 2 or 1.
Orlando
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Med Orlando] is a popular one in my city which gives me confidence. I have had several friends use this clinic with successful pregnancies. The only downfall is that if there is a certain doctor you want to see at the clinic, there may be a long wait until the first appointment.... The nursing staff is always friendly and welcoming. They are always helpful and respond to my questions.... I was supposed to start taking the suppository tonight and then twice a day going forward.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is a popular one in my city which gives me confidence. I have had several friends use this clinic with successful pregnancies. The only downfall is that if there is a certain doctor you want to see at the clinic, there may be a long wait until the first appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I went in to my first visit with a ton of questions. She patiently sat and answered all of my questions (one was even a little weird and she looked up the info right there!) She never made feel rushed or bad for having so many questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Heather )
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
How was your experience with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Patel answered all of questions whenever I had any. When my first cycle of timed intercourse with letrozole and ovidrel injection didn't work, she moved me on to IUI. Her warmth and personality in our meetings have made me feel comfortable. And her confidence that I would get pregnant has made me hopeful!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Patel is popular so book your first appointment as soon as you know you need it because it may take a while to get in to see her at first.
Describe the protocols Sejal Patel used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
I had one Timed Intercourse cycle. I went in for monitoring on cd 3, took 2.5 mg Letrozole from cd 3-7 then went back for monitoring at cd11. My numbers were where they needed to be so I did a trigger shot of Ovidrel that night with intercourse that night and the next two nights. I also used Prometrium during my luteal phase. Sadly, I did not get pregnant. I had to wait to be on my husband's insurance so we are now in the middle of our first IUI cycle. Again, I went in for monitoring on cd 3 and took 2.5 mg of Letrozole from cd 3-7. I went in for monitoring on cd 11 but my numbers were not where they needed to be. I went in again on cd 13 and they were still not high enough and my lining was thin so she put me on estrace and I will go back for another ultrasound and bloodwork on cd 15.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I love that CRM has multiple locations and the ease of making appointments. I have had appointments/lab draws/IUI's/consults in each of their offices. The Celebration office can run a little behind schedule and the secretary can be a bit rude and abrupt. The Orlando office just moved to a new location and they have everything streamlined! I arrived early for my appointment and they were able to see me 20 minutes before my scheduled time. My only real complaint would be with financing. My husband and I took a loan out that way paid directly to CRM, yet we continued to receive bills for procedures. Once I contacted the finance manager, the situation was taken care.
I had done my research on my endometriosis and what our treatment options may be before meeting with Dr. Patel. When I had my first meeting, she was very warm and caring and explained the different types of infertility treatments available but she jumped straight to IVF being our only way of getting pregnant. Once I explained that we were not quite to that point she tailored a plan to my needs.
Every nurse that I have come in contact with in the office and over the phone have always been WONDERFUL. I am a night shift nurse and sometimes I need my appointments first thing in the morning after work/between shifts and they are always super accommodating.
The 2 times I have actually SEEN Dr. Patel she has always been warm and caring and answered all of my questions. I only saw her for my initial infertility consultation and then my second consult after surgery to start IUI's.
First we did labs and an ultrasound to get a good baseline. Then we moved on to IUI. Baseline scan CD1-3, letrozole 5 mg CD 3-7, follicle scan CD11 and trigger to follow. IUI 36 hours after trigger. Progesterone level draw CD 21 (mine was on the lower end so I started suppositories CD21 until 28). Take home pregnancy test 14 days after IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Insemination and washing $450
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [CRM] is very accessible...We always feel welcome and it is great that we get to do everything there...we don't have to run all over the place...The staff is super friendly and welcoming. They are very involved and helpful when it comes to information, procedures, walking us through as we do testing...even when it is something as simple as drawing blood for tests, we feel like we are home with family.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is very accessible, they actually moved to a new building in Winter Park. They also have another location in Celebration, we have not been to that one though. We always feel welcome and it is great that we get to do everything there...we don't have to run all over the place.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Loy is an amazing person and professional, we feel like we are part of the family at Center for Reproductive Medicine. He has been working with us and through difficult situations as we discover the best way forward to becoming pregnant and having children. He is a huge blessing in our lives, we truly love him and do not want to do anything related to infertility treatments if it's not with him as our doctor and guidance.
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Loy is great at explaining every process, we love that he takes the time to talk to us and we definitely love his drawings (LOL). He is very passionate and caring towards our situation and dedicated to helping us have children. We have not had any bad experiences in the 3 years plus we have been working together.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Come with an open heart and mind...ask questions, as many as you want and need...they are very communicative and the staff is super friendly. Do not lose faith and hope...take one step at a time.
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
When we first started with Dr. Loy and CRM, we had been through a miscarriage and about 5-6 years of infertility. They first started with diagnosis (tests, etc...) and found endometriosis and fibroids in my uterus. Before attempting to do any treatments, we first addressed the issues before us and did surgery to remove both. After the surgery then we attempted on our own while we prepared our bodies for IUI. Our IUI was unsuccessful and while we prepared ourselves financially for another round or for IVF, we actually became pregnant on our own. Unfortunately, we lost that pregnancy as well, reason why we are back to Dr. Loy and CRM to do further testing and prepare for possible IVF this year...for which we are also preparing for financially as it is something that is not within our reach as easily.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My first time around my insurance covered a lot of the costs, other than IUI - which was about $1000 or a bit less. Now that my insurance changed, I'm having to pay for a bit more out of pocket. We are now preparing for IVF costs, but Dr. Loy and the clinic has been super helpful at providing us with information on grants, discounts, finance, anything that can make the procedure more accessible to us.
Describe Randall Loy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
This has not been discussed, at least not yet. Not sure on the doctor's approach in this area.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] have their own lab which means I get lab results pretty fast. They gave me free samples when I couldn’t afford/ find a specific medication. Negative- they don’t have too much wiggle room on appointment times. If they schedule you for an ultrasound at a specific time, you have to change your schedule to accommodate it. They are not very flexible
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Don’t make you wait too long before being called in. They have their own lab which means I get lab results pretty fast. They gave me free samples when I couldn’t afford/ find a specific medication. Negative- they don’t have too much wiggle room on appointment times. If they schedule you for an ultrasound at a specific time, you have to change your schedule to accommodate it. They are not very flexible
During one appointment, doctor didn’t read my file before hand and tried to tell me to use a protocol that would have absolutely not worked with me. I had to advocate for myself and say no to the type of treatment he wanted to do.
When I had my first loss (chemical pregnancy ) I didn’t know what to expect and didn’t know what a chemical pregnancy was. The nurse who delivered the news to me was very cold and unwilling to explain what dropping HCG levels meant. She seemed annoyed that I was demanding an appointment with the doctor as soon as possible.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Strengths- knowledgeable and compassionate Weakness- too positive at times. Makes the promise of “this time next year you will either be pregnant or with baby” every time I saw him. I didn’t like that because he is promising something he cannot really predict.
Be open and honest with him and you will be surprised by how kind and accommodating he is.
Cycles 1,2,3: 5mh letrozole, ovidrel trigger, u/s monitoring and progesterone test one week after ovulation. Timed intercourse. Results: 2 negative and 1 chemical pregnancy Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy for endometriosis Cycle 4- 5mg letrozole, ovidrel and IUI. Result- miscarriage at 5weeks.
IUI- $450 Laparoscopy doctor fees out of pocket- $1400
5 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
The benefits of using this clinic [Ctr for Repro Med Orlando] is that it has moved to a new location and everything is up to date. It is also associated with an in house surgery center so that all of your procedures can take place in one setting.... Dr. Lot's nurses for the most part were nice, but I felt like I really had to advocate for myself and make them understand my situation. I definitely felt like a number when I had to interact with the surgery scheduler. She was rude and difficult to communicate with.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The benefits of using this clinic is that it has moved to a new location and everything is up to date. It is also associated with an in house surgery center so that all of your procedures can take place in one setting. The staff is for the most part friendly, with a few exceptions. Sometimes you do feel like just a number. The checkout process is completely disconnected to the clinical staff so sometimes your interaction with them feels strange. Example, I found out I miscarried and the checkout person cheerily asked me how my day was going, even though clearly I had been crying. The surgery scheduler Heidi is the worst part of the clinic. Trying to get in touch with her is almost impossible and she has no warmth about her. Her attitude is not in line with what a fertility clinic is supposed to be about. She will call you after hours and request a call back, but the phone number she provides is usually shut down and forwarded to an answering service. When you call back the next day, her response was that she was in the office and doesn't understand why you didn't call her back. The finance person Ricardo is mostly professional, but communication is very poor. He has told us that there have been couples that yell at him, but when dealing with thousands of dollars and pressures of infertility, better communication would probably ease some of the tension.
I feel like when Dr. Lou had the chance to sit with us, he treated us with respect, he was candid, and he was knowledgeable. Dr. Lot's nurses for the most part were nice, but I felt like I really had to advocate for myself and make them understand my situation. I definitely felt like a number when I had to interact with the surgery scheduler. She was rude and difficult to communicate with.
Dr. Loy's primary nursing staff is sometimes difficult to get a hold of. There are certain nurses that I've found that respond quickly and takes the time to answer my questions. It took some time for me to learn their style in order to feel satisfied in my care
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Loy is very knowledgeable, he is able to answer all of our questions without hesitation. He is also very sensitive to our needs and takes the time to explain what is going on. There are times he is very busy, which then cuts into our time together. But when you schedule a sit down appointment with him, he is present with you
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. He will be very willing to give you the answer
Dr. Loy did initial lab work, HSG, hysteroscopy and sperm analysis. This helped to give a good picture of what is going on with us and what is causing our infertility. I was found to have low ovarian reserve and as a result, we discussed using donor eggs. We then proceeded with IVF cycle.
17,500 for treatments in the clinic. Over 20,000 including medications
Dr. Loy left the decision to us as to whether we would implant a single embryo vs multiple embryos. He was able to tell us the pros and cons of either decision and also give us risks and benefits.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal....They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal. She got to know me pretty well over the years and was always comforting and kind. I never had any issues with check in or billing but I definitely think they need to focus more on their patient care!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Silva was a great Doctor however, because of they way the practice handled things it wasn’t a personal experience for me and I felt that I had to fight to see my doctor
They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed. They were always friendly but I received a lot of misleading information from them.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Silva had an awesome bedside manner. He had a great way of calming me down. When he knew I was getting upset. I felt like he listened to me and took my input seriously. He always kept a positive outlook on my treatment
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Bring questions and a notebook. He gives very thorough advice and information.
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted. He knew what medication would work for me and knew I didn’t want to waste time. I ended up responding better when he increased the dosage of my ovulation induction medication but unfortunately it ended in a loss of pregnancy very early on.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My insurance only covered office visits with a copay and monitoring. Over the course of my treatment I’ve paid roughly $13,000.00
Orlando
One of their strenghts is that they [CRM] are the largest clinic in Central Florida so going there is pretty much a no brainer and they have a lot of doctors and nurses on the staff so if you are not happy with someone's approach you can always switch doctors. A weakness is the nursing staff, they seem disconnected at times like they've seen it all and you feel like a number specially on the days you have to wait 2 plus hours for a simple U/S.
Latino, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
One of their strenghts is that they are the largest clinic in Central Florida so going there is pretty much a no brainer and they have a lot of doctors and nurses on the staff so if you are not happy with someone's approach you can always switch doctors. A weakness is the nursing staff, they seem disconnected at times like they've seen it all and you feel like a number specially on the days you have to wait 2 plus hours for a simple U/S.
She explained the procedures and answered our questions always.
They know what they are doing but everytime I call with questions it seemed like I was bothering them and they acted like they had answered that same question a million times but I was just asking it for the first time . I would always consult online first so I could be brief when I was asking them something.
I was refered to her by my regular OB for a HSG after trying clomid for months and not getting pregnant. The HSG was clear but we never got pregnant on our own due to my husband's FMI diagnosis and after two years we decided to go back to start fertility treatments. She is a great doctor and always did her best at explaining the procedures to me and my husband everytime we met with her. Overall the experience with her was positive.
The clinic itself has a lot of patients, it is important to educate yourself when it comes to fertility terms so you can ask effective questions and be an active part of the decisions when it comes to treatments.
Antagonist protocol using BCPs, Lupron(14 day kit) and Gonal F(3000IU total ) . We used lupron, PIO and Delestrogen for transfers. I was on BCP for 8 weeks after the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We used the same protoco; for both transfers and did a endometrial scratch for both as well.
Retrieval was $6225, Transfer frozen was $2375 plus monitoring visits were around $1000 ICSI WAS $2000 anesthesia was $500. I was allowed to buy meds anywhere I wanted and I chose ivfmeds.com in the UK and for retrieval it was around $4000 and I used avella for meds for both Frozen transfers and it wa aorund $1500 each. I'll add maybe another $1000 for labs.
She did prefer we transfer one and we did the first time. Since or embryos were not PGS tested we insisted in transfering two the second time and she agreed but still explained she wpuld preferred if we tranferred just one at a time.
Orlando
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine] was very efficient and organized. I rarely had to wait long for an appointment. The staff was always friendly. The regular ultrasound tech was great and always explained what she was doing. The one bad experience I had with a tech was once when there was a temp and she wouldn't tell me why she saw.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic was very efficient and organized. I rarely had to wait long for an appointment. The staff was always friendly. The regular ultrasound tech was great and always explained what she was doing. The one bad experience I had with a tech was once when there was a temp and she wouldn't tell me why she saw.
Dr. Patel called me personally when I was having a rough time with a cycle. It made me feel like she was invested in my fertility treatment
She was very nice especially when delivering bad news. She didn't always have the answers to my questions but was always good about getting the Doctors answers and getting back to me.
Every time I talked to Dr Patel I wanted to hug her. She never made me feel stupid for being upset and always calmly explained anything I needed explaining. She always responded to my questions through the nurses most of the time, but my questions were answered.
Come to appointment with questions. Dr Patel will answer anything you need to know, but she doesn't know what you do and do. It know. You have to ask.
We started with 2 cycles of medicated cycles with letrozle, orebyl trigger and progesterone. Then we moved to iui with the same protocol. Then the third iui we added estradiol. After the third failed iui we decided to take a break from treatment and also to use that opportunity to try to lose weight to improve fertility. We will resume treatment in May 2017, 30 pounds light. We will likely try two more iui before IVF.
Monitoring appointments were covered by insurance. Rate for IUIs was approx $500
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
Plenty of early morning monitoring appointments. Only tricky when you need to see an actual doctor. Scheduling staff [CRM Orlando] several times tried to steer me to the Lake Mary location instead of the closer Orlando office (my preferred location). Billing can be a nightmare. I was lucky that I had insurance to cover, but I had to watch the bills as they were inaccurate all the time....Nurses constantly forget to call in prescriptions...Some of the nurses are excellent, others not so much.
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Plenty of early morning monitoring appointments. Only tricky when you need to see an actual doctor. Scheduling staff several times tried to steer me to the Lake Mary location instead of the closer Orlando office (my preferred location). Billing can be a nightmare. I was lucky that I had insurance to cover, but I had to watch the bills as they were inaccurate all the time.
Some of the nurses are excellent, others not so much. I was initially assigned a nurse when I first became a patient, but once she left I seemed to get whoever was working that day. Some have excellent bedside manner, some are terrible and very cold and seem annoyed when you ask questions. Nurse turnover also seems high. You never know what you're going to get.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Doctor Jaffe was good about adjusting protocol to try to achieve different results with 3 failed 5 day blastocyst frozen embryo transfers. 4th attempt resulted in a positive pregnancy test at day 12 and 14. Currently waiting on ultrasound in two weeks.
Make sure you understand your options and what she is recommending.
Decided on two rounds of egg retrievals and free all resulting 5 day embryos for later transfer - wanted to eventually have two children and she recommended getting embryos now while I'm younger. After two failed attempts of embryo transfer, she suggested another egg retrieval round and this time have chromosomal testing. After third attempt of FET failed, she suggested a long lupron protocol and assumed failures were result of endometrosis. If 4th attempt had failed, she would have suggested surgery to properly diagnose and remove endometrosis.
Not sure as my treatment was covered by my insurance
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] take on too many patients and as a result they make mistakes. Some big , some little but when you are spending so much money it is very frustrating to have hinggs happen in your ttc journey that could have been prevented by better patient care. I am grateful I was able to get pregnant with our last embryo but feel that our results would have been better if they hadn’t have made mistakes.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They take on too many patients and as a result they make mistakes. Some big , some little but when you are spending so much money it is very frustrating to have hinggs happen in your ttc journey that could have been prevented by better patient care. I am grateful I was able to get pregnant with our last embryo but feel that our results would have been better if they hadn’t have made mistakes.
Dr Loy was very attentive and compassionate at the intake appt. But as went through the retrieval and transfers , I did not feel like it really mattered to him that I was informed on what was happening and that he be there for me if I had questions. It was very difficult to get ahold of him and mistakes were made in my cycle because of miscommunications by his staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Marty)
They made mistakes with medicine doseages. They wouldn’t return calls for results promptly. They acted annoyed if I had alot of questions. The only time I saw compassion was when I had a negative pregnancy test.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Loy is a very knowledgable and skilled doctor with many years of experience. Him and his wife experienced infertility and had to do ivf almost thirty years ago so they know what it is like to go through the physical and emotional side of infertility. He is a Christian and is not afraid to share his faith or belief in the importance of God’s timing in growing families.
Show up to your appointments with him with your list of questions ready so that you can make the most of your time with him. Ask for clarification in the moment for anything you don’t understand because it can be difficult to get ahold of him in between appts with him.
We did a full force round of stimulation (versus a mini ivf) with all the medicines he could use (it was four years ago so I don’t remember specifics). I have stage 4 endo, adenomyosis and a uterine fibroid and we had been ttc for 12 years before trying ivf. We did the retrieval and only got ten eggs, 3 of which fertilized but only one was strong enough to freeze. For some reason they chose not to do icsi on all of them even though we had requested they do so. We transferred the two that had slowed in growth but they did not take. It took fifteen months and 4 surgeries following that to get my uterus vleared to transfer our frozen. We did a natural cycle and timed the transfer with my own ovulation. It worked and our baby is 15 months now.
20,000 including meds, 4 hysteroscopies, 1 laparoscopy, 1 retrieval, 2 transfers and bloodwork
Dr Loy will transfer two at the most but prefers to be more conservative and transfer one really good embryo.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Very clean, always busy! The front desk clerks [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are very nice but because they are busy all the time they do get behind. There were numerous times we went in for an appointment and waited 15-30 minutes after our appointment time. I would recommend making blood appointments first thing in the morning--you get in and out faster. The phlebotomists are very good with small veins and very nice. The ultrasound techs explain as much as they can during exams to make sure you know how the cycle is going and how big the eggs are.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean, always busy! The front desk clerks are very nice but because they are busy all the time they do get behind. There were numerous times we went in for an appointment and waited 15-30 minutes after our appointment time. I would recommend making blood appointments first thing in the morning--you get in and out faster. The phlebotomists are very good with small veins and very nice. The ultrasound techs explain as much as they can during exams to make sure you know how the cycle is going and how big the eggs are.
Dr. Jaffe was very personable. She can occasionally use medical terms that if you don't ask for clarification you can leave confused. She will explain procedures and wastes no time getting to the point. If you like a no nonsense Dr. who will advocate for you and offer realistic expectations she is a perfect candidate. If you like someone who will candy coat or stroke your emotional ego she won't be the best fit for you.
Overall the nurses were pleasant. They rushed through the instructions for medication which was confusing. There was confusion about my trigger shot with the nurse that called me but luckily it was clarified before I took it.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I enjoyed Dr. Jaffe as a doctor and will return to her when we go for our second. She is a no-nonsense woman who will work hard to get you a baby. If something won't work she will be honest. We wanted to transfer more than one embryo and she was adamant about only doing one due to my age. She was correct and I got pregnant after the first transfer. After getting pregnant she was very understanding of my worries.
Ask clarification questions if she uses medical terms or medications and you aren't 100% sure what she is talking about.
Due to my PCOS we tried oral medications and I did not get pregnant. We went to do a round of IUI and even though we had him tested before there was male factor infertility which resulted in canceling the cycle. After this we were forced to do IVF because my husband had a failed vasectomy reversal that only worked for a year and a half. The facility only does frozen cycles from what I gathered. The success rate is higher ans we wanted the PGS testing so that is the option we chose. We did follistem,luperon and a trigger for the retrieval. Luperon and progesterone for the transfer.
Overall the cost for IVF with a 5-day frozen transfer and PGS was less than $20k
3 IUI, IVF
They [CRM - Ctr Repro Med - Celebration] were very friendly and informative. They always returned my calls and addressed my concerns on a timely manner....Overall I had an excellent experience! The location was very convenient for me. If I couldn't make it to the appointments, they ensured I would be seen at their next closest location. They did whatever in their power to keep me satisfied.... Dr. Patel was very friendly from the beginning and always listened to my concerns.
3 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Dr. Patel was very passionate and friendly. She communicated with me every step of the way and was very clear and precise in the information given. She made the best decisions based on her knowledge and what was best for me. She almost cancelled my frozen egg transfer due to my lining not being "adequate", but she went with her "gut" instinct and proceeded anyway....resulting in my twin boys. I am more than thankful I sought her services. Because of her, I am now a mom and know the meaning of true love. I cannot thank her enough for the precious gift she gave my husband and I.
They were very friendly and informative. They always returned my calls and addressed my concerns on a timely manner.
Dr. Patel was very friendly from the beginning and always listened to my concerns. She was always very professional, yet established a great relationship with me. She wanted me to feel comfortable; it was not hard to open up to her and build trust. She was an amazing doctor!
Be open and always speak your concerns and worries. Do not be afraid to ask questions.
For Egg retrieval: menopur injections (morning) Bravelle (evening) Cetrotide Lupron For egg Transfer: Birth Control pills Lupron (10 units) in the morning Estrace 1mg and then progesterone
close to $13,000-$14,000
Describe Sejal Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Because they retrieved 31 eggs, 21 eggs fertilized and only 7 eggs made it to to final freezing stage...Doctor was okay with me transferring two embryos because she wanted me to have better chances of me conceiving....(my lining was also not looking ideal; instead of canceling cycle, she wanted to transfer either one or two and see if they would "stick"----luckily, they both did!
Celebration
The staff is this offices [CRM Orlando] biggest weakness. The only member of their staff who I can give glowing reviews of is their phlebotomist at the Winter Park office. She's amazing and so very patient. The rest of their current staff is not very knowledgeable and seem to be very disorganized. I had to tell the MA that called me when I should have a follow up appointment and if I hadn't insisted on being re scanned for follicle growth we would have missed out on our window and possibly on our sweet baby girl.
He took time to listen to our frustrations regarding previous cycles with another physician. He's very smart, so there are times you can see him focused and analyzing the situation, but I preferred that cerebral side of him to having a doctor who was overly warm and fuzzy and not trying to figure out the problem.
The staff is this offices biggest weakness. The only member of their staff who I can give glowing reviews of is their phlebotomist at the Winter Park office. She's amazing and so very patient. The rest of their current staff is not very knowledgeable and seem to be very disorganized. I had to tell the MA that called me when I should have a follow up appointment and if I hadn't insisted on being re scanned for follicle growth we would have missed out on our window and possibly on our sweet baby girl.
What I most appreciated about Dr. Loy was his ability to see past just the right now. If a protocol didn't seem to work he was ready to discuss possible changes the next time to help illicit better results. I had previously had a physician continue the same protocol month after month without any success and it was very frustrating and expensive. Dr. Loy was honest about our results for our last IUI and we were heartbroken to hear that they were not as encouraging as we had hoped, but he encouraged us to go through with the IUI and then we arranged a meeting to discuss how to change things the next time and had a plan all in place. By the grace of God we never had to move onto the "next step" and we now have a healthy baby girl!
He is straight to the point. Intelligent, but not so much that it impedes his ability to be empathetic. We are very thankful for him!
2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
You have to prepay to even begin as an established patient [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] before even being seen by the doctors, which isn’t what I was used to. The staff is however very friendly and helpful when you call or have any kind of questions...He [Dr. Celso Silva] decided I had a possible blockage and needed to send the sperm closer to the egg try 3 cycles of IUI, then IVF...He was very kind and explained our situation well.
2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
You have to prepay to even begin as an established patient before even being seen by the doctors, which isn’t what I was used to. The staff is however very friendly and helpful when you call or have any kind of questions.
He was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries- C-section and when part of my cervix was removed during a cone biopsy.
He was very nice and went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving- we had my former OB who I did my Clomid and Letrozole treatments with and husbands sperm analysis send over her paper work. He went through each page with us, reading carefully. He checked my tubes during a office visit and then went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg. We didn’t continue treatment because of the out of pocket costs and traveling out of town missing work.
Nothing- he takes care of everything for you.
I included this in a previous answer. He decided I had a possible blockage and needed to send the sperm closer to the egg try 3 cycles of IUI, then IVF. The mounting costs of all these procedures weighted heavy on our shoulders ontop of the drive to the clinics (45 minutes away) and missing work. My insurance doesn’t cover anything with fertility treatments
Copays for diagnostic treatment. Then when I started rounds of IUI it was completely out of pocket and had to be paid before treatment was given. I would have to pay for medications, sonograms, sperm washing and handling and the actual treatment itself.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are very welcoming and make you feel at home!...Strengths--Nursing staff, you leave the appointments knowing what is next (they give you a detailed print out of your next steps). Weaknesses--Busy, hard to be seen sometimes...nurses are incredible, especially Pamela. They always communicate on a regular basis via the patient portal and answer questions in a timely manner. Pamela always reminds me that no question is stupid and to always ask if I have a question.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths--Nursing staff, you leave the appointments knowing what is next (they give you a detailed print out of your next steps). Weaknesses--Busy, hard to be seen sometimes I was originally drawn away from CRM because of the reviews online saying you felt like a number and not an individual. I am so happy I gave CRM a chance because what I read online is not how I feel. They are very welcoming and make you feel at home!
The wait in the waiting room might be long but once you are being seen I never feel rushed and his nursing staff is AMAZING! They are very patient and also return calls the same day!
Dr. Loy's nurses are incredible, especially Pamela. They always communicate on a regular basis via the patient portal and answer questions in a timely manner. Pamela always reminds me that no question is stupid and to always ask if I have a question.
Dr. Loy is very thorough with his explanations and as to why he recommends something. He is very patient and does not seem annoyed when I have a list of questions I need to ask. He gives you the info very straight but also shows compassion. You can tell he enjoys his job.
Dr. Loy was the only doctor that listened to my period pain and suspected Endometriosis. He recommended a laparoscopy and removed Stage 2. This surgery allowed me to get pregnant.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I can't think of weaknesses. Three locations to choose from for treatments in central Florida. The staff at the two locations we went to were great. Competent and kind....I had consultations with Dr Jaffe when it was pertinent and always felt recognized and welcomed by her staff at the two locations I went to for treatments...[Nursing staff] All kind and motherly women who remembered me and took the time to explain every step of the way. Always got back to me when I called with questions.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
She has a dry delivery but is very informative and definitely tailored the medication protocol to my particular set of issues. She let us take pictures with her once we conceived and gave us a hug. She was exactly the kind of doctor I needed.
Come with a list of medically pertinent questions and know she does want to get you pregnant. She said it on my first meeting with her in 2014 and was just as happy as us in 2017 when our IVF frozen transfer worked.
I can't remember all my protocols. I had some unique meds she put me on since I had battled pre cancerous uterine cells growing for two years. I know the rest of my protocol was similar to a lot of other women's though.
Probably around $20,000 with medications and different procedures we had to do to get ready for our first and only FET.
She suggested we do two embryos since I was 36 and we couldn't afford to do PGS testing. One took and it worked. We are due with our baby boy in late November.
Orlando
The nursing staff [ at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] was always quick to return my phone calls and answer questions...They are incredibly passionate, understanding and supportive...After a long series of tests, it was determined I had Endometriosis. Dr. Loy performed surgery on me for that. After several months, we then tried one round of Letrozole and Ovidrel and it worked!
Dr. Loy is compassionate and we felt truly understood our struggles, emotions and concerns. He has great bedside manner, took time to listen while inserting much-needed humor and seemed to care for us deeply.
The nursing staff was always quick to return my phone calls and answer questions.
My husband and I highly recommend Dr. Loy and his team. They are incredibly passionate, understanding and supportive. My husband and I had a 2 year struggle with infertility and wish we'd found Dr. Loy sooner. We are now 9 weeks pregnant and will forever be grateful to him for making that happen. He is incredibly intelligent, logical, understanding and has a great bedside manner. He performed surgery on me and several nurses in the hospital said they all fight to be with him in the OR because he's so great. My OB calls Dr. Loy "the King". Check out his You Tube videos for lessons on all things fertility-related. Don't hesitate to make an appointment with him.
Come prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen to take notes. He is very intelligent and you will later want to remember all that he communicated to you.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I would recommend her [Sharon Jaffe of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] to anyone and I have. She's very knowledgable and answered all my questions. She completed my surgery and took the time to review the results and next steps....She sat with me and answered all my questions. She took the time to go over everything...If you want someone to sit down and cry with you I don't think she's it. She's straight to the point and wants to get you pregnant. She is compassionate but in her own way. Her job is to give you a baby and that's what she focuses on
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: She has a few nurses, but I always talk to the same ones who know my situation )
I call a ton and leave messages. They always call me back. They remember me when I go in and ask how I'm doing. They answer questions that I have and are compassionate
I would recommend her to anyone and I have. She's very knowledgable and answered all my questions. She completed my surgery and took the time to review the results and next steps.
Ultimately she tells you the best option for your situation but as the patient and the done paying she leaves it up to you. I had to have surgery. She recommended two options, surgery first or try fertility meds first. I wanted to do the cheaper route however my husband figured it would be a waste of money and to go straight to surgery. We chose that route and then after sat down with her to review our next options, fertility meds, IUI and then IVF if needed
My insurance covered a lot of the surgery. Ultrasounds were over $100 each time but they monitor my account with my insurance and I always have credits to pay for things
Lake Mary
Everything has been great [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]. They seem a bit pricier than others according to polls I've seen on some of the FB support groups in a part of. I just wish they wouldn't forget to call me with results sometimes...[The nurses] were very kind but forgot to call me twice with results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Everything has been great. They seem a bit pricier than others according to polls I've seen on some of the FB support groups in a part of. I just wish they wouldn't forget to call me with results sometimes.
While knowledgeable and thorough, he always seems to be in a rush to get us out of there.
They were very kind but forgot to call me twice with results.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He had a ton of experience, but I felt a bit like just a number at times. He seemed to get irritated when my husband and I started asking so many questions. I had watched some of his YouTube videos just before he walked in one day, and when he started talking, it was word for word from his videos, done without feeling. He has very high ratings, as does the clinic, so we'll see if I get a baby out of this, and after how many tries. I only just completed egg retrieval, so we'll see. If I get a baby out of this, he'll be a god to me.
Watch his YouTube videos. He had his own channel. There are many, and chances are good they will answer many of your questions.
I used Attain, which cost $16,500 for two complete cycles, including 2 egg retrievals and unlimited transfers. The meds eye extra, which I got for around $3,700 thoth winfertility online. My insurance covered office visits, and anesthesia for egg retrieval was $500.
Orlando
The clinic [CRM-Orlando] is very busy & the front desk employees were never friendly and felt like you were just another number they had to get through. I do know that they have a new office now since I have been there which they needed very badly with how busy they are.... However, after each round it was just on to the next and after our 3rd failed IUI we were never contacted back from the clinic to re-evaluate or talk about next steps.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is very busy & the front desk employees were never friendly and felt like you were just another number they had to get through. I do know that they have a new office now since I have been there which they needed very badly with how busy they are.
I felt like we had lots of encouragement through our three rounds of IUI. However, after each round it was just on to the next and after our 3rd failed IUI we were never contacted back from the clinic to re-evaluate or talk about next steps.
I also had a positive experience with the nursing staff. They were also friendly and kind.
Dr. Loy is very educated in his field and the first initial consultation provided us with lots of information and took the time to listen to our questions and to get to know us personally. He was very encouraging and felt good about our IUI's. I did feel though after we went through 3 unsuccessful IUI's we never had any follow up from Dr. Loy.
I would ask for more questions on what the next steps would be if they treatment is unsuccessful and if there are other routes that can be taken.
We did three IUI's and I don't remember really the protocol but I know that he did use Letrozol instead of Clomid
I don't remember exactly but I believe we paid about $500 total for each IUI treatment
2012 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
[Nursing staff at CRM Orlando] They always called the same time everyday so that helped. They were clear and would answer any question...This clinic gave me 2 kids so I have nothing but positive things to say. Great place....15000 for egg donor part 4000 for transfer...Dr. Loy knows his job very well. I am fully confident in him and would never see anyone else. A different Doctor did the 1st transfer.It was a fresh one and had to be done that day. He wasn't there. When he learned it didn't work he promised to do the next one.
2012 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I came to Dr. Loy after a poor experience with another doctor. He was very clear and direct on how to proceed. He listened and seemed to care. I felt better leaving after our first consult.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Marna I think)
Dr. Loy knows his job very well. I am fully confident in him and would never see anyone else. A different Doctor did the 1st transfer.It was a fresh one and had to be done that day. He wasn't there. When he learned it didn't work he promised to do the next one. He did the next 2 and they both worked. If I decide to have a third child, I will see him again. We have 3 embryos still there. He is the best.
You are in the right place. Ask any question you have no matter how silly it may sound. He cares and will listen.
I did donor eggs. Used lupron shot in morning. Waited for triple stripe in uterus. Did progresterone suppositories. They weren't strong enough. Went to progresterone shots. My advice, forget the suppositories and ask for the shot. I had bleeding my 1st pregnancy and always wonder if I lost 1 transferred 2 because of the low progesterone. I have a son and daughter from 3 transfers. 2 single and 1 double.
15000 for egg donor part 4000 for transfer
2012 - 2013
It was very much a sales pitch. they insisted that they try the "most cost effective solution" first but then later admitted that it almost never works the first or second time and must people have 6 IUIs. We couldn't afford 6 without applying for their financing.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Beautiful and clean. World renowned reviews.
It was all very clinical while I was desperate for answers and a baby.
Much more warmth and compassion but too busy and rushed.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
It was originally made to sound like I was just "doing it wrong" and I was required to repeat costly tests not covered by insurance when my OBGYN had sent all the previous tests to her office. We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
Ask "how long do you anticipate my treatment plan to take?" and go prepaired with facts. They might do good work (it didn't work for me) but it's all a form of sales.
We did 1 IUI "blind to see what happens" which was upsetting because it was costly and we had been trying for 4 years at that point and this wasn't explained up front. Again, it was as if we just didn't "get" how to achieve pregnancy. The 2nd IUI consisted of "sperm washing" to ensure viable sperm and the 3rd with sperm washing, drugs to force ovulation (I had no issue ovilating) and at home fertility injections into my belly.
Each IUI cost a minimum of $700 but that is without any drugs, initial testing, or office visits. Over all, after testing, drugs, and our 3 (failed) IUIs; we spend about $4000 before we decided to take a break for treatments.
Lake Mary
Great about scheduling appointments. Multiple options and very flexible. Wait times [Ctr for Reproductive Med of Orlando] were rather frustrating: for example we waited in the room for our iui (undressed) for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the doctor. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be an hour or so behind schedule, even though the sign in the lobby says you should not wait more than 15 minutes.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Great about scheduling appointments. Multiple options and very flexible. Wait times were rather frustrating: for example we waited in the room for our iui (undressed) for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the doctor. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be an hour or so behind schedule, even though the sign in the lobby says you should not wait more than 15 minutes.
After 5 failed IUIs, I had to beg for a consult with the doctor. I feel like they should meet with you after every 2 failed cycles.
Always returned calls within 24 hours. They were knowledgeable about process.
He admitted to not reviewing my complete file after each failed cycle. He only made decisions based on my current # of follicles and size, which is what the nurse gave him. I felt like he should have been more involved in my actual diagnoses and treatment.
Don’t wait until you are beyond frustrated to raise your hand. Be assertive in requesting time specifically with him versus the nurses. You are paying to be seen by a doctor, not a nurse.
First 4 cycles were strictly with letrozole and trigger. I asked for a change in my process to see if we could get a more favorable outcome and they reluctantly prescribed injectables. (Gonal-f)
$650 for iui, without medicine
Anovulation, Male Factor
Very clean, organized, busy clinic [CRM - Orlando]. My only complaint is I went to the Lake Mary office because it is closer and more convenient for me but they don't always do ultrasounds and procedures there so I had to go to the Orlando office a lot...I dealt with different nurses but all seemed very nice and always returned my calls within the same day with any questions I had...IUI was $450, ultrasounds $225 and progesterone was $75, estrogen checks were $125
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean, organized, busy clinic. My only complaint is I went to the Lake Mary office because it is closer and more convenient for me but they don't always do ultrasounds and procedures there so I had to go to the Orlando office a lot.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Asante takes the time with you during each visit to answer any questions you have and he thoroughbred explains each step of your process.
How was your experience with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Although my first IUI was not successful, I still love Dr. Asante and how he makes me feel as a patient. He is kind and very knowledgeable. He is positive about treatment but also realistic about what steps may need to be taken.
Describe the protocols Albert Asante used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Started with lab work for me to determine my hormones and amh levels, then checked my ovaries for cysts. I started clomid cycle day 3, had a follicle scan cycle day 12 and scheduled the IUI for 2 days later.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Albert Asante
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
It is semi hard to get an appointment here [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.... The ones [nurses] assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.... She had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It is semi hard to get an appointment here and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.
She is very good at explaining everything and making sure to answer questions.
The ones assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.
I really like Dr. Jaffe. I hope that she will get the results I want. I trust that she has set me up with the correct protocol. Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
Go in with questions and make sure to ask them all.
With my insurance just to see a specialist is a higher copay. Then for IUI's at the time it was free. And IVF is pretty much out of pocket.
I am only allowed to do single transfer since ours are rated a decent quality at this point. They said maybe at the third cycle it may change.
2010 - 2017
I attended both locations [of Center for Reproductive Medicine] in Celebration, FL and Orlando, Fl. The clinic in Orlando is where they completed more procedures like HSG testing and IUI's, etc. There were long wait times at this clinic and it wasn't very comfortable temperature wise (it was fairly warm in the waiting room). The Celebration clinic was a lot smaller and was more so for consultations and blood work. These appointments rarely ran behind. The staff at each place was nice.
2010 - 2017
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I attended both locations in Celebration, FL and Orlando, Fl. The clinic in Orlando is where they completed more procedures like HSG testing and IUI's, etc. There were long wait times at this clinic and it wasn't very comfortable temperature wise (it was fairly warm in the waiting room). The Celebration clinic was a lot smaller and was more so for consultations and blood work. These appointments rarely ran behind. The staff at each place was nice.
She was very personable and she cared about what we desired as a couple.
They were caring and showed compassion. They did what they could to make me and my spouse feel comfortable and not embarrassed.
Dr. Patel took her time in explaining things and didn't assume that we knew anything. The only miscommunication that I believe we had was us thinking that doing the IUI meant an automatic pregnancy and when we tried once, then twice, to no avail, we decided to "give up" in a sense. Every time we've returned to CRM, we like working with Dr. Patel because she has been there from the beginning and she is working hard at helping us reach our dreams for our family.
Be open in what you are looking for and expect her to be candid and honest with you in a empathetic way.
My doctor was not for multiples, no more than two, because of the health risks that come along with that.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Lauren [a nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!.... Several locations which is great. Wish they had early morning hours and late hours for regular appointments.... HSG Blood work Semen analysis for husband Prep body/ovaries, etc for IUI Vitamins for husband and I Ultrasounds to check ovaries, etc 1 round of IUI with negative for pregnancy.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
He did a good job of sitting down with me and my husband and explained things to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Sanabria)
Lauren was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!
Dr. Silva made me feel comfortable wen meeting with him. I didn't feel too rushed. He gave me tissues and time to cry when I became emotional. He did a pretty good job of explaining things. The only thing I didn't appreciate was always hearing about the IVF option. I knew it was an option but I wanted to try other methods first. He did not in any way pressure me to have IVF. However it was usually mentioned as an option in our meetings.
Be comfortable to ask as many questions as you want. Seek clarification and understanding regarding any information givento you.
Don't remember exactly but I believe it was reasonable. We paid mostly out of pocket.
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Celebration
[the staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] Very good with answering questions, returning email and addressing your concerns in a timely manner...IUI transfer was $450, labs and ultrasound ranged around $75-$150...nurses are very nice and proactive with answering emails and returning calls...allowed my husband to drop off many samples to increase our chances for the IUI.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Dr. Patel was very nice in explaining my options. She was very warm and welcome and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Evelyn MacMillian)
Dr. Patel's nurses are very nice and proactive with answering emails and returning calls.
I had a great experience with Dr. Patel. I'm still going through the treatments. She allowed my husband to drop off many samples for our IUI treatments to increase our chances, which was very nice of her.
Be patient with your treatments and ask a lot of questions. Dr. Patel is good with answering all of your questions.
My problem is severe male factor and Dr. Patel allowed my husband to drop off many samples to increase our chances for the IUI. She also referred a Reproductive Urologist for my husband to help increase his sperm count.
IUI transfer was $450, labs and ultrasound ranged around $75-$150
I liked Dr. Patel's approached to drop off many samples to increase our chances of conception.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]: knowledge and experience, options Weaknesses: very busy, cannot get through to a nurse- have to leave voicemail and wait for call back... Laparoscopy: diagnose and remove stage II endo Letrozole and timed intercourse with monitoring: ovulated but negative result Letrozole plus IUI: ectopic pregnanc Mini IVF (Stimmed with letrozole): 1 egg retrieved, 3dt, negative
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths: knowledge and experience, options Weaknesses: very busy, cannot get through to a nurse- have to leave voicemail and wait for call back
Took our concerns, moral and religious into account and aimed to design a treatment protocol that would cater to these needs
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He is honest, straightforward, detailed. He takes his time with you. He made me feel safe and hopeful and while I have yet to achieve a healthy pregnancy I plan to continue with him. We feel like we are in good hands.
he tends to explain things in a scientific manner but don't be afraid to ask questions for clarity
We are 100% self pay Our IUI cycle cost around $1200 Our mini-IVF cycle was $3500 not including meds or anaesthsia
2013 - 2015
It would be nice if the patients were to be made to feel more like people instead of just a number starting with the person who checks u in at the front desk all the way up to and including the doctors.... I was supposed to be called with information on how to proceed further in my treatment by a certain time but never was. I called the office [CRM- Orlando] after hours because I knew I needed the info and if I didn't get it it would be a wasted month. Turns out the nurse should have calle me and given me the go ahead but she didn't and if I hadn't called that month would have been a waste at my expense.
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Too many people in the clinic, not enough time to spend with the patients and don't feel like everything is done thoroughly.
Not the worst I've had nor the best I've had but not bad at all.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I liked her personality, she was nice. She seemed to be caring. I didn't like that after I requested and went over my records that her office notes were not exactly as things happened. She is a newer/younger doctor in the CRM office so she is not set in old ways as it seems the older doctors in that office may be.
Make sure you say everything u need to say and ask everything u need to ask. Make sure she understands and hears u clearly.
Orlando
I have been going to CRM FOR OVER 2 years and the staff are great ! Place is clean and always well sanitized. I would recommend this fertility clinic to any of my loved ones. The office is also in very good locations... Lauri is an awesome nurse. She followed with me every month and always answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He cares for each of his patients individualy. Always cares what my husband and I say. Follow up frequently
How was your experience with Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He explains every step of he way with great detail and uses words we understand. He also uses what medications benefits each person. During my surgery Dr Rigall made me feel extremely comfortable and explained every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Be honest and open from the beginning on what you are looking for and time frames
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Frank Riggall
Orlando
For the most part I feel like the nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions....I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I'm getting ready to start a second IVF cycle and I'm anxious to see what we might do differently to improve our chances of getting pregnant.
For the most part I feel like the nurses are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions.
I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions. I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr Celso Silva] is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive....He listens and talks to me like a normal person. Compassionate and really feels like he is part of your team...I have a main nurse for my doctor that communicates all my results. Sometimes I have other nurses for my ultrasounds or blood work but everyone is nice...[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando's] Strengths- organized, everything has a place Weakness- can have a learning curve to learn the methods
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Evelyn)
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive.
Go to him if you want someone to be honest. He is considerate but tells the truth
Usually they try something 3 cycles in a row. They don't force unnecessary procedures and I can elect further testing