6.9

Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Lab, ultrasounds and surgery center [CRM Orlando] are all on site which is a huge plus. Results are usually ready same day unless biopsies. Surgery center, though onsite, is a different entity so be prepare for that to go to towards different deductible.Has several doctors so your cycles can proceed even if yours is off. Con would be that it may be a different doctor for every surgery which I do not prefer. Many doctors and large office are great but this also means they’re helping MANY patients
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He’s clearly very knowledgeable in his field. This is comforting to work with someone who seems to know every in and out. But at times he was almost too clinical and did not have much of a bedside manner. He is compassionate in terms of cancelled/failed cycles but not overly so. He takes time to acknowledge how difficult it is to go through this but he doesn’t linger on it and moves right into next protocol. Our first transfer with donor egg resulted in pregnancy but ended up having trisomy 21. We were obviously devastated and having a hard time wrapping our heads around payment for another cycle and potential PGS testing costs and he did work with us to offer a small discount which we greatly appreciated. Overall he is kind but it’s clear he has too much on his plate/too many patients. As mentioned before I’ve had to remind him on a few things that we would need to do or not do based on my situation.Also in the beginning he told us he thought there was 95% chance Ivf would work with our own eggs- we turned out to be the 5%. I think communication could also be better. For example we went through 3 weeks of one cycle (doing Lupron injections and estrogen) and it ended up being cancelled because I wasn’t responding. It wasn’t until our follow up with him that he told us estrogen was rising, but slowly and on the low side. This is something we would have liked to know during the cycle to brace ourselves for the possibility of cancellation. We were totally blindsided when it was cancelled. We also made it to transfer on another cycle, and on it the day of we experienced some confusion. For one, he was not the doctor performing the transfer. They tell you that other doctors may do your surgeries but you are usually told who at the pre-op. He didn’t say anything about it being anyone else so i didn’t think to ask. This threw us because our transfers tend to be complicated due to my cervix passage and uterus position. I was also to be under anesthesia for my transfer which you can’t drink water for. And the doctor on call that day seemed to be confused why I didn’t have a full bladder and why I was getting fluids through IV. He ended up making me drink water and the anesthesiologist understandably had to wait until the water moved from my stomach to do the transfer, which was a 2 hour delay. It’s obvious Dr. Loy did not leave clear notes or talk to this doctor beforehand. Or the doctor did not pay attention to any notes left by him, so either way communication is an issue.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Do not be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. If you don’t understand something try to ask in that moment. It can be intimidating to question a doctor on his protocols or have them breakdown something in simpler terms for you but that is why you’re all there! So that you’re all on the same page and all feel confident in next steps. You shouldn’t leave an appointment not understanding your plan or having doubts about it. He can read your chart all day but nobody knows you better than you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
We learned early to expect that we would not see Dr. Loy at every appointment and we’re mostly ok with that. But the meetings we do get with him feel progressively more and more rushed the longer we’ve been patients. We always come in with a list of questions and sometimes he seems bothered by so many questions and gets noticeably impatient. Also a couple of times I’ve had to remind him of things specific to my situation which makes me feel he’s got too much on his plate to play close attention. When I bring these things up though he is willing to change protocol and accommodate us. We had one cancelled cycle that really made us feel like a number versus a human this year. We thought everything was going well and made it to our pre-op. On that day my lining had thinned a little and he said as long as estrogen hasn’t fallen off we should be good. Well of course estrogen had dropped so I got a call at 6pm (appmnt had been much earlier that day) and the nurse was very blunt and cold- “your cycle has been cancelled please call on your next cycle day 1.” She didn’t even mention what estrogen level was, I had to ask specifically what happened and why it was cancelled. She told me she couldn’t answer any questions only the dr could and I was very obviously upset and she offered no comfort and getting information was like pulling teeth. After I asked several questions which she said she could not answer she finally asked if I would like a follow up and offered me one for a week later. I had to explain why I would want one as soon as possible and she ended up finding one for me the next day. I know those calls can’t be easy but her attitude made it clear she didn’t really care and just wanted to get on with it.
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Don’t remember exactly the protocol for retrieving with my own eggs. I know there was cetrotide, gonal f, tigger shot and something else I can’t remember. This resulted in 3 eggs, 2 fertilized, 0 blastocyst. He said it was the strongest protocol he would give to someone like me (small frame, diminished ovarian reserve) and next step would have to be donor eggs. With donor eggs we used Lupron and estrogen and progesterone and I responded “textbook” to these and transfer was a success but ultimately had to terminate for chromosomal issues. Next cycle we did same protocol because it had previously worked but i did not respond as well. Third try we did letrazole protocol which had good results but transfer did not result in pregnancy. Our next try we are doing estrogen protocol. He was going to do Lupron again but I had to remind that though this did work once it didn’t the second time so we’re trying something new.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Venus)
Overall I’ve liked the staff. I have dealt with only 2 who could use some help with bedside manner. One was one I hadn’t worked with at all until she called to advise of our cancelled cycle. The other is one who is not my primary nurse but seems to step in when my primary is out. She is nice enough but overall demeanor is not very warm. She seems a little annoyed when I ask too many questions. Venus my primary though is very nice and though we don’t speak on the phone much ( all correspondence through the portal) I feel much more comfortable talking with her and asking her questions. She’s very patient. If I ask questions she can’t quite an answer she’ll let me know she is checking with the dr and responds by end of day typically. Phlebotomist and ultrasound techs are also very friendly. Finance is very nice as well and willing to answer many questions and check on anything you ask them to.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Lab, ultrasounds and surgery center are all on site which is a huge plus. Results are usually ready same day unless biopsies. Surgery center, though onsite, is a different entity so be prepare for that to go to towards different deductible.Has several doctors so your cycles can proceed even if yours is off. Con would be that it may be a different doctor for every surgery which I do not prefer. Many doctors and large office are great but this also means they’re helping MANY patients so I think communication and attention to detail struggle because of that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Approx $13k for egg retrieval $17.5k for donor eggs (lot of 6 with one embryo guarantee) $2.2k for FET Does not include meds, hysteroscopies (3), biopsies
Describe Randall Loy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
He strongly recommends single embryo transfer for me as I have a pretty small frame and he believes multiples will be difficult for me to carry.
Orlando

She [Dr. Jaffe] can be very dry and intimidating sometimes. She is very straight forward though and confident in her skills. Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor even though we went to that clinic for her services only.... My first cycle of stims my doctor was out of town and she didn’t let her patients know. Another doctor filled in and cancelled my cycle.... Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor
Some of the weaknesses [of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is too busy and crowded. Over booking on transfer day and waiting 3 hours after my appointment time trying to hold a full bladder. Strengths are there quick communication through portal.... We spent about $40,000 this year for 3 stims cycles and one transfer. That’s with the cost of medications.
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
She can be very dry and intimidating sometimes. She is very straight forward though and confident in her skills. Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor even though we went to that clinic for her services only.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Prepare for long office waits and to be prepared with questions if you have them ahead of time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
The office is really busy and I’ve felt rushed or forgotten some times.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
We used lupron depot and birth control to start. Gonal F, centrotide and menopur for stimulation. We used progesterone and estrogen for and after transfer until the pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I was told different things by different nurses when trying to get questions answered. There was only one nurse that I trusted to give me the right answers as there were mix ups with the others.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Some of the weaknesses is too busy and crowded. Over booking on transfer day and waiting 3 hours after my appointment time trying to hold a full bladder. Strengths are there quick communication through portal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My first cycle of stims my doctor was out of town and she didn’t let her patients know. Another doctor filled in and cancelled my cycle. After I was told this would not happen again my second cycle of stims was a repeat situation and I was cancelled by mistake and then called and told never mind. Blood work for my husband was not ordered until last min on a Friday afternoon and we are 3 hours from my clinic.
Orlando
Dr. Loy is very knowledgeable, he is able to answer all of our questions without hesitation. He is also very sensitive to our needs and takes the time to explain what is going on. There are times he is very busy, which then cuts into our time together. But when you schedule a sit down appointment with him, he is present with you... Dr. Loy did initial lab work, HSG, hysteroscopy and sperm analysis. This helped to give a good picture of what is going on with us and what is causing our infertility. I was found to have low ovarian reserve and as a result, we discussed using donor eggs. We then proceeded with IVF cycle.
The benefits of using this clinic [Ctr for Repro Med Orlando] is that it has moved to a new location and everything is up to date. It is also associated with an in house surgery center so that all of your procedures can take place in one setting.... Dr. Lot's nurses for the most part were nice, but I felt like I really had to advocate for myself and make them understand my situation. I definitely felt like a number when I had to interact with the surgery scheduler. She was rude and difficult to communicate with.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. He will be very willing to give you the answer
I feel like when Dr. Lou had the chance to sit with us, he treated us with respect, he was candid, and he was knowledgeable. Dr. Lot's nurses for the most part were nice, but I felt like I really had to advocate for myself and make them understand my situation. I definitely felt like a number when I had to interact with the surgery scheduler. She was rude and difficult to communicate with.
Dr. Loy's primary nursing staff is sometimes difficult to get a hold of. There are certain nurses that I've found that respond quickly and takes the time to answer my questions. It took some time for me to learn their style in order to feel satisfied in my care
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The benefits of using this clinic is that it has moved to a new location and everything is up to date. It is also associated with an in house surgery center so that all of your procedures can take place in one setting. The staff is for the most part friendly, with a few exceptions. Sometimes you do feel like just a number. The checkout process is completely disconnected to the clinical staff so sometimes your interaction with them feels strange. Example, I found out I miscarried and the checkout person cheerily asked me how my day was going, even though clearly I had been crying. The surgery scheduler Heidi is the worst part of the clinic. Trying to get in touch with her is almost impossible and she has no warmth about her. Her attitude is not in line with what a fertility clinic is supposed to be about. She will call you after hours and request a call back, but the phone number she provides is usually shut down and forwarded to an answering service. When you call back the next day, her response was that she was in the office and doesn't understand why you didn't call her back. The finance person Ricardo is mostly professional, but communication is very poor. He has told us that there have been couples that yell at him, but when dealing with thousands of dollars and pressures of infertility, better communication would probably ease some of the tension.
17,500 for treatments in the clinic. Over 20,000 including medications
Dr. Loy left the decision to us as to whether we would implant a single embryo vs multiple embryos. He was able to tell us the pros and cons of either decision and also give us risks and benefits.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Silva was a great Doctor however, because of they way the practice handled things it wasn’t a personal experience for me and I felt that I had to fight to see my doctor... Dr. Silva had an awesome bedside manner. He had a great way of calming me down. When he knew I was getting upset. I felt like he listened to me and took my input seriously. He always kept a positive outlook on my treatment...He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal....They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Bring questions and a notebook. He gives very thorough advice and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted. He knew what medication would work for me and knew I didn’t want to waste time. I ended up responding better when he increased the dosage of my ovulation induction medication but unfortunately it ended in a loss of pregnancy very early on.
They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed. They were always friendly but I received a lot of misleading information from them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal. She got to know me pretty well over the years and was always comforting and kind. I never had any issues with check in or billing but I definitely think they need to focus more on their patient care!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My insurance only covered office visits with a copay and monitoring. Over the course of my treatment I’ve paid roughly $13,000.00
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
There were multiple times that I was not notified of specific instructions on medication administration. I had a few times where my results were not sent to me in a timely manner as well as needing to cancel an iui cycle because they prescribed the wrong medication.
Celso Silva

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Loy is a very knowledgable and skilled doctor with many years of experience. Him and his wife experienced infertility and had to do ivf almost thirty years ago so they know what it is like to go through the physical and emotional side of infertility.... Dr Loy was very attentive and compassionate at the intake appt. But as went through the retrieval and transfers , I did not feel like it really mattered to him that I was informed on what was happening and that he be there for me if I had questions.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] take on too many patients and as a result they make mistakes. Some big , some little but when you are spending so much money it is very frustrating to have hinggs happen in your ttc journey that could have been prevented by better patient care. I am grateful I was able to get pregnant with our last embryo but feel that our results would have been better if they hadn’t have made mistakes.
Dr. Loy is a very knowledgable and skilled doctor with many years of experience. Him and his wife experienced infertility and had to do ivf almost thirty years ago so they know what it is like to go through the physical and emotional side of infertility. He is a Christian and is not afraid to share his faith or belief in the importance of God’s timing in growing families.
Show up to your appointments with him with your list of questions ready so that you can make the most of your time with him. Ask for clarification in the moment for anything you don’t understand because it can be difficult to get ahold of him in between appts with him.
Dr Loy was very attentive and compassionate at the intake appt. But as went through the retrieval and transfers , I did not feel like it really mattered to him that I was informed on what was happening and that he be there for me if I had questions. It was very difficult to get ahold of him and mistakes were made in my cycle because of miscommunications by his staff.
We did a full force round of stimulation (versus a mini ivf) with all the medicines he could use (it was four years ago so I don’t remember specifics). I have stage 4 endo, adenomyosis and a uterine fibroid and we had been ttc for 12 years before trying ivf. We did the retrieval and only got ten eggs, 3 of which fertilized but only one was strong enough to freeze. For some reason they chose not to do icsi on all of them even though we had requested they do so. We transferred the two that had slowed in growth but they did not take. It took fifteen months and 4 surgeries following that to get my uterus vleared to transfer our frozen. We did a natural cycle and timed the transfer with my own ovulation. It worked and our baby is 15 months now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Marty)
They made mistakes with medicine doseages. They wouldn’t return calls for results promptly. They acted annoyed if I had alot of questions. The only time I saw compassion was when I had a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They take on too many patients and as a result they make mistakes. Some big , some little but when you are spending so much money it is very frustrating to have hinggs happen in your ttc journey that could have been prevented by better patient care. I am grateful I was able to get pregnant with our last embryo but feel that our results would have been better if they hadn’t have made mistakes.
20,000 including meds, 4 hysteroscopies, 1 laparoscopy, 1 retrieval, 2 transfers and bloodwork
Dr Loy will transfer two at the most but prefers to be more conservative and transfer one really good embryo.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Incorrect dosages, icsi wasn’t done on all of our retrieved eggs. My patient paperwork was faxed to another patient’s ob office without my consent.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she [Dr Jaffe] made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
It was very much a sales pitch. they insisted that they try the "most cost effective solution" first but then later admitted that it almost never works the first or second time and must people have 6 IUIs. We couldn't afford 6 without applying for their financing.
It was originally made to sound like I was just "doing it wrong" and I was required to repeat costly tests not covered by insurance when my OBGYN had sent all the previous tests to her office. We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
Ask "how long do you anticipate my treatment plan to take?" and go prepaired with facts. They might do good work (it didn't work for me) but it's all a form of sales.
It was all very clinical while I was desperate for answers and a baby.
We did 1 IUI "blind to see what happens" which was upsetting because it was costly and we had been trying for 4 years at that point and this wasn't explained up front. Again, it was as if we just didn't "get" how to achieve pregnancy. The 2nd IUI consisted of "sperm washing" to ensure viable sperm and the 3rd with sperm washing, drugs to force ovulation (I had no issue ovilating) and at home fertility injections into my belly.
Much more warmth and compassion but too busy and rushed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Beautiful and clean. World renowned reviews.
Each IUI cost a minimum of $700 but that is without any drugs, initial testing, or office visits. Over all, after testing, drugs, and our 3 (failed) IUIs; we spend about $4000 before we decided to take a break for treatments.
Lake Mary

[Dr. Frank Riggall is a] Very competent surgeon. The nurses at the hospital were I had my myomectomy highly recommend him. However I never really felt comfortable asking questions because I felt I would be wasting his time. Everything felt very remote and inpersonable during my IUI.... Not warm but not indifferent. Just don’t expect him to try to get to know you as a person.
One nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] made a nasty comment about my body while the doctor was in the room. He never said a word about it. I was deeply embarrassed... I felt very much Ike a number here. A dollar sign and that was it. There have been some improvements over time with the patient portal. Questions are answered within 24 hours. The office is always busy. Expect your appointments, besides ultrasounds and blood draws to be at least a half hour behind schedule.
How was your experience with Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Competent surgeon so I would recommend. Don’t expect much else.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
One nurse made a nasty comment about my body while the doctor was in the room. He never said a word about it. I was deeply embarrassed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
IUI 500. Surgery down payment 300.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Eduaction is power and nothing was ever told to me about follicle size and perhaps that I was not using the correct medication for my situation. I really felt that since I hadn’t decided and couldn’t afford IVF with this clinic that I was not really a priority.
Frank Riggall
Orlando
I see her[Dr. Jaffe] as an experienced doctor, very good at explaining things when you don’t understand something. I was supposed to do an IUI cycle with her but got a different doctor instead because she’s not the weekend doctor at that time. ... I was hoping she would be more involved. ... She advised to do an HCG test. ... I have only seen her on my first consult and not during baseline ultrasound, blood test results, hcg etc. which was a let down.
Very nice facility, everything is under one roof. They could have a better frontline employees— maybe more personable ones? Their patient is not that updated. I dont see all my test results. ... I was not told that I was gonna be seen by a different doctor. ... I did IUI ... Under $500 ...They [nursing staff] ok. Inna hurry to get you in and out.
I see her as an experienced doctor, very good at explaining things when you don’t understand something. I was supposed to do an IUI cycle with her but got a different doctor instead because she’s not the weekend doctor at that time. I really don’t know yet if I’ll keep this doctor.
I would insist in seeing her for any treatment if possible.
I have only seen her on my first consult and not during baseline ultrasound, blood test results, hcg etc. which was a let down. I was hoping she would be more involved.
She advised to do an HCG test. After that, I did Clomid, Ovidrel shot and IUI. I have yet to see the result as this is an ongoing treatment.
They ok. Inna hurry to get you in and out.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very nice facility, everything is under one roof. They could have a better frontline employees— maybe more personable ones? Their patient is not that updated. I dont see all my test results. Im still giving them a chance as I just started. Ive met someone who reviewed them very well. I hope I made the right decision.
Under $500
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I did IUI
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I was not told that I was gonna be seen by a different doctor.
Orlando

She’s [Dr. Patel] has the best bed manners you can find in a doctor. She’s very knowledgeable and caring. Makes sure you understand every bit of what’s happening and what’s shes doing. We are self pay patients and she makes sure we are not doing a whole bunch of unnecessary tests. ... Wait until she has an appointment available. Best decision ever. She will listen to you and answer all your questions.
Billing staff is horrible. I can’t say enough bad things about this clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] billing department. People are rude and they will give patients wrong prices at any time . Ask for everything in writing otherwise everybody says something different. ... We are self pay patients and she [Dr. Patel] makes sure we are not doing a whole bunch of unnecessary tests.
How was your experience with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
She’s has the best bed manners you can find in a doctor. She’s very knowledgeable and caring. Makes sure you understand every bit of what’s happening and what’s shes doing. We are self pay patients and she makes sure we are not doing a whole bunch of unnecessary tests.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr Patel is the best most caring Doctor.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Billing staff is horrible. I can’t say enough bad things about this clinic billing department. People are rude and they will give patients wrong prices at any time . Ask for everything in writing otherwise everybody says something different.
Sejal Patel