6.9

795 Primera Blvd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

if you need that extra bedside manner to make you feel comfortable I don't think she [Dr. Jaffe] is the right match for that personality...I wish we would've felt like we were having more attention paid to us...We did not hear anything or recieve any advice or discussion after the 2nd [IUI] failed. Made a consultation and the plan just remained the same. I asked many questions and asked if I should have blood rechecked etc etc and I was simply ignored not sure if this was the staff who was blocking this discussion with Dr. though.
Some [nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine] were nicer than others.. but overall it just felt like a lot of unneeded anxiety from never knowing the answers to the questions to giving us the options to do things if "we wanted to."...If your cycle happens to fall or trigger or IUI on the weekend- it is very stressful to try and get intouch with the Dr. or the staff bc you have to go through a call center...Very clean clinic, I feel safe and seems like a good place to be. Everything is on site which is great.
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Sharon is very very smart and definitely knows what she is doing but when you come as a patient that is scared and has never imagined they would be doing fertility treatments or that you would like a deeper explanation bc you want to know what is going to be happening to your body and WHY? Or if you need that extra bedside manner to make you feel comfortable I don't think she is the right match for that personality. If you don't need any of that then she probably would be perfect. I wish we would've felt like we were having more attention paid to us. To us this was a very delicate emotional rollercoaster in our lives and we need that compassion and patience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
You have to advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
The first meeting with Dr. Jaffe I felt very good minus some speeding through discussion about treatment and having us answer questions to what we preferred when we didn't even understand what we were answering. I feel that some of my blood work was rushed through and could of been rechecked after failed treatment. We felt like we wanted to know more details and we would get vague answers from original paperwork given copied and pasted to our questions not from Dr. Jaffe but from her nursing staff. Nothing was changed after each fail and that was very frustrating or extra effort to help my husband achieve more sperm. We had to advocate for ourselves to freeze sperm. Just felt like a rush to get through 3 IUI and then next IVF. Very little contact with the Dr. if we wanted to talk to her again we had to get in line for another consultation.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Initial consultation, discussion and blood work up. Followed with plan for 3 IUI with letrozole and trigger shot. I was already ovulating on my own and she thought this may help my egg just become a more viable one... Then the IUI to help my husband sperm get to the egg. We did not hear anything or recieve any advice or discussion after the 2nd failed. Made a consultation and the plan just remained the same. I asked many questions and asked if I should have blood rechecked etc etc and I was simply ignored not sure if this was the staff who was blocking this discussion with Dr. though.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
There were several nurses that would respond or call us back. Some were nicer than others.. but overall it just felt like a lot of unneeded anxiety from never knowing the answers to the questions to giving us the options to do things if "we wanted to." One nurse in particular was pretty short and very easily annoyed with questions from us almost was condescending. While we are not Dr. we both were very good at educating ourselves and reading and researching so we had valid questions and concerns. I believe if we were talking to Dr. Jaffe she would have answered all our questions - quickly - but not impatiently.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean clinic, I feel safe and seems like a good place to be. Everything is on site which is great. Weaknesses seems to be a lot of people there all the time which adds to the feeling like a number. Things have gotten disorganized or my appointments mixed up and sat in the waiting room for far too long over an hour sometimes. When we had to wait an hour on an IUI day it was very concerning bc we knew it was time sensitive and made us feel like a number. Another weakness is the way you have to contact the clinic on the weekend. If your cycle happens to fall or trigger or IUI on the weekend- it is very stressful to try and get intouch with the Dr. or the staff bc you have to go through a call center and say its URGENT and we would've missed a call 1 minute from the nurse and then call back and the call center people won't transfer you or be difficult taking your message and we had to be like THEY JUST CALLED US
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Consultation and visits $50, monthly storage $60, Medications some covered by insurance some not $5-500 depending on what medication. Bloodwork $30-60? IUI $450. Each IUI overall about $800 (Our insurance covered the Ultra-sounds thankfully)

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Patel stayed late to just work us into her super booked up schedule and she didn't rush us at all...She listened to our concerns and we wanted recommendations for a counselor and she provided us those contacts...She changed our protocol for the next IUI and we even met again after the IUI did not work with a new plan based on how we were feeling...
[nurse of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]she is always responsive and seeks answers from Dr. Patel but also is very educated giving explanations and is also very compassionate...[cost]about IUI 550-1000 depending on what medicine is ordered and how many Ultra sounds were needed...[clinic weakness]: Sees a lot of patients so not always on time and feel like number when things get out of order.
How was your experience with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Patel has the extra skill in a Dr. we were looking for shes not only extremely smart and passionate about what she does but she is kind and compassionate and never makes you feel stupid for questions or concerns. She even listens to your input for those of us who know our bodies very well. We are excited to see if we can have a better outcome with her and feel if IUI does not work she will tailor the next step to us individually.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Just be calm and be yourself she is there to listen and answer she cares. You are not on a time crunch and she is not judging you. Also, advocate for yourself since you are not her only patient you may have to give reminders.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Patel stayed late to just work us into her super booked up schedule and she didn't rush us at all I was shocked that our entire appointment took over 2 hours and we discussed a full hour with her any and everything we wanted and she even would educate us along the way without us having to feel like we were asking oto may questions or leading us to not have any questions at all. She listened to our concerns and we wanted recommendations for a counselor and she provided us those contacts. She changed our protocol for the next IUI and we even met again after the IUI did not work with a new plan based on how we were feeling. Also, asked for additional bloodwork and as I suspected it may be different - it was now maybe we will be able to identify another problem that was working against all our attempts. I don't feel a one size fits all... she's very patient compassionate and kind. She made us feel like we shouldn't give up and cares about our story. She is extremely smart as well! Also, will respond to our portal messages through a nurse but you can tell it is her response not just generic of the nurse. We are excited to see what happens with her next.
Nursing staff is so much better for some reason. Donna stands out to us the most as she is always responsive and seeks answers from Dr. Patel but also is very educated giving explanations and is also very compassionate. I have not gotten any I dont know responses from Patel nursing staff where other nursing staff it seemed like only the Dr. knew the answers to anything that wasnt in our original packet of information
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean center with nicest equipment seems to have a good New Patient organization to ramp you up on fertility education and the process. Cons: Sees a lot of patients so not always on time and feel like number when things get out of order.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Patel was patient and friendly and knowledgeable. I remember thinking she was the best doctor I’d ever had. I believe now she has taken on too many patients, or she is taking more time off because I haven’t seen her in over a year...Know that you will be seeing her PA and partner doctors for most of your appointments...The first time I saw Dr. Patel, she was amazing and I felt like she was determined to get us pregnant.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are open on weekends and are good about squeezing you in when needed. The office staff is friendly and professional. Appointments are quick, and they usually run on time. Depending on your doctor’s schedule, expect to see one of the other doctors in the practice from time to time (although they are all good)...The first time I used Dr. Patel, her nurses were amazing and followed up with me to make sure i was on track and understanding next steps. They have not done any of that this time around (3 years later).
The first time I saw Dr. Patel, she was amazing and I felt like she was determined to get us pregnant. She was warm and caring, yet informative and direct. I am “seeing” her again for a year now, and I have not seen her once, only her PA, Heather. Heather is sweet and knowledgeable, but I feel like it’s just business this time.
Describe the protocols Sejal Patel used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
I used Letrizole for one cycle to see how i was ovulating. Then I used Letrizole + a trigger shot + IUI, which resulted in a healthy baby. She diagnosed me with PCOS and said that sometimes I ovulate and sometimes I don’t. She thought and trigger shot and IUI was the best fit for me.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are open on weekends and are good about squeezing you in when needed. The office staff is friendly and professional. Appointments are quick, and they usually run on time. Depending on your doctor’s schedule, expect to see one of the other doctors in the practice from time to time (although they are all good).
Diagnostic testing was covered under insurance, so only small copays. Once diagnosed, everything else came to approximately $1300.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
This time around (currently still going), I was told my doctor was calling in a particular medication, but according to my bloodwork, I did not understand why (indicator was in range). When I called the office, I spoke with the doctor’s PA. She did not know why I was prescribed the medication and it took some digging to find out why. We went back and forth about it, and they ended up sending me to an endocrinologist.
Celebration

In my first consultation Dr. Patel was extremely thorough in my work up and miscarriage history...Unfortunately my second cycle ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks for unknown reasons. Dr.Patel acted quickly to preserve the pregnancy for a D&C to obtain genetic test...preference is single [transfer] to minimize risk to both mother and babies...has called me directly to discuss results. She remembers our past conversations and questions I’ve had. She has been empathetic throughout this process
[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando is] open on the weekends for ovary checks and the team of other REs are flexible to see you for emergencies...it can be difficult to get ahold of...is easier to get a response through their portal messages than calling...Failed to provide results has happened as well as failed to call in or refill medications
In my first consultation Dr. Patel was extremely thorough in my work up and miscarriage history. At my “results” visit she went over every result and what the treatment plan for it was. Unfortunately my second cycle ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks for unknown reasons. Dr.Patel acted quickly to preserve the pregnancy for a D&C to obtain genetic test. She has since been working with Dr. Kliman at Yale for his endometrial function test on the D&C products as well as an EFT within an IVF cycle. She has been warm, empathetic and thorough throughout my journey
Be very clear with her nursing staff. It is easier to get a response through their portal messages than calling
She has called me directly to discuss results. She remembers our past conversations and questions I’ve had. She has been empathetic throughout this process
The first two cycles were times intercourse with trigger injections. We used clomid day 3-7 after ovary check, then checked day 14 for tigger injection with low dose steroids, followed by progesterone suppository until pregnancy testing. This was coupled with daily baby aspirin, prenantal vitamins, metformin 1500 a day, and vitamin D
They can be short and unclear at times but clear messages to them result in clear responses
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The strengths include the connected surgery center, they’re open on the weekends for ovary checks and the team of other REs are flexible to see you for emergencies if Dr. Patel isn’t in. Weakness is it can be difficult to get ahold of the nursing team and/or Dr Patel
I don’t recall exact costs. A biopsy was roughly 500$ medications ranged from 8-60$ and my hysteroscopy with anesthesia was 2000$
Describe Sejal Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Dr. Patel’s preference is single to minimize risk to both mother and babies
Celebration

My husband is taking antibiotics to check to see if it will change his numbers. Dr Loy first wanted to make sure he has all the results he needs. He advised that we might not get presaging naturally but he will give us options to consider.... He took enough time to explain everything to us. He ordered few tests and we received follow ups call. He did not rush us, wasn't short and tried to explain everything with details. As soon as he walked to the room he started with personal questions and it felt like he tried to know us before anything else
It's very hard to get a hold of them [nurses at Center for Reprodudctive Med Orlando] by phone! They called me to let me know my genetic results came back positive and my husband has to get tested! After my husband got tested in the morning, I spoke with a genetic counselor as they advised and she told me there was no reason for my husband to be tested and she wasn't sure why they requested that! I tried to call them to cancel the test which would cost us 200$ but no one returned my call!
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Don't afraid to ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He was very kind and personable! He explained every thing with details, he even draw stuff for us to understand everything better
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
We haven't started any treatment yet! My husband is taking antibiotics to check to see if it will change his numbers. Dr Loy first wanted to make sure he has all the results he needs. He advised that we might not get presaging naturally but he will give us options to consider.
The person took my blood was very nice and I had a great conversation with her besides that other staff felt like rushing you to get things done! It's very hard to get a hold of them by phone! They called me to let me know my genetic results came back positive and my husband has to get tested! After my husband got tested in the morning, I spoke with a genetic counselor as they advised and she told me there was no reason for my husband to be tested and she wasn't sure why they requested that! I tried to call them to cancel the test which would cost us 200$ but no one returned my call! I even went there and waited in waiting room for about 30 min and no nurse showed up to meet me!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It's clean and organized. However I feel they try to push you to use their facility for every test or even surgery. 1 day before my HSG I received a call and they requested $500 deposit, I never told about that, after I said I need to reschedule they asked to transfer me to accounting department to make a payment plan which I refused and told them I need to call my insurance. The next day I showed up for my HSG test and they never asked for deposit! I feel if you chose to go to that clinic you just need to double check about payments or test to avoid unnecessary charges
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Seems most of the tests are not covered by my insurance, which is not their fault however it seems if testing done in this facility the price is much higher
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
As I mentioned, they requested genetic test for my husband which if wasn't necessary considering my result and 1 day before my HSG test they requested $500 deposit! I had to call them few times for my results
Orlando

Dr. Randall Loy is a very experienced and knowledge reproductive endocrinologist. He explains everything in a comprehensible manner. However, I felt at times that he forgot about my diagnosis; nevertheless, he finally paid more attention to my case due to thick uterine lining which caused several delays of the embryo transfer.... I was on Enskye (a birth control pill) and I also took Estrace and Progesterone. I was successful in obtaining menses due to taking Enskye;
The clinic [Center for Repro Med] is clean and it has an attractive appearance. The staff is decent; at times they are unapproachable. You always have to leave a voicemail to doctors' nurses if you have any questions. They usually call you back a couple hours later; sometimes they forget to return your call the same day. You have to leave the voicemail before 3:00 pm. The emergency call service is somewhat reliable; the couple times that I used it, the person who had to relay the message
Dr. Randall Loy is a very experienced and knowledge reproductive endocrinologist. He explains everything in a comprehensible manner. However, I felt at times that he forgot about my diagnosis; nevertheless, he finally paid more attention to my case due to thick uterine lining which caused several delays of the embryo transfer. At the moment, he has proposed alternate protocols for me, which are in process, in order to see if it changes my situation.
Dr. Randall Loy is a very knowledgable and has good bedside manner. However, you must be prepared to remind him about your diagnosis/situation because he will forgot about your case. Patients must write questions in advance to ask him so he can inform you about your protocol.
Overall, they treated me in a humane manner. However, at times, I felt like I was treated as a number because I had to keep reminding them about my condition, Primary Ovarian Failure.
I was on Enskye (a birth control pill) and I also took Estrace and Progesterone. I was successful in obtaining menses due to taking Enskye; however, the Estrace pills caused me to have liquid in my uterus which delayed several of my transfer cycles. I have undergone three hysteroscopies and two cervical dialition to investigate why I still had blood and liquid in my uterus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Pamela Fortunato)
Dr. Loy's main nurse was very helpful and understanding. However, the other nurses kept forgetting about my condition, Primary Ovarian Failure, and several times they did not follow the correct protocol.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is clean and it has an attractive appearance. The staff is decent; at times they are unapproachable. You always have to leave a voicemail to doctors' nurses if you have any questions. They usually call you back a couple hours later; sometimes they forget to return your call the same day. You have to leave the voicemail before 3:00 pm. The emergency call service is somewhat reliable; the couple times that I used it, the person who had to relay the message (i.e., Day 1 of a clycel) to the doctor's nurse forgets to send it to a nurse. Therefore, I have to call a couple more times so that they can get the nurse to call me in order to schedule an appointment. Overall, the clinic is new and has high-tech technology; however, be prepared to pay hefty bills and always keep reminding the doctors and nurses about your conditions because they will forget about you.
I found an egg donor through Circle Surrogacy agency. The retrieval was down at the clinic. I have undergone more than 5 failed cycles and out-patient procedures due to my uterine lining. Therefore, I have compiled about $10,000 of bills and expenses at this clinic.
Describe Randall Loy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My doctor had a strong preference for single embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I have to constantly remind them that I do not get natural periods due to having primary ovarian failure since June 2017.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Loy was very attentive, caring, took time to answer any of our wuestions, but candid about our situation. ... I have PCOS and stage 4 Endometriosis, so its a double whammy. Originally, they [Center for Repro Med Orlando] stated that I should go straight to IVF, but would be willing for me to try stimulation medication with times intercourse. I took a course of letrozole followed by a trigger shot ovidrel. This was not sucessful due to the PCOS.
After my second cucle, I was coming more consistently and could get 7:30 am appointments easier, because I was established. Their [Center for Repro Med Orlando] billing is not always the best. They over harge me and I had a $175 credit. You have to follow how they bill you and your insurance closely. Overall they are good, but not great. ... The wait time is always rediculous, and it is difficult to get an early appoint, which is important to me because I work full time.
He is very knowledgeable, kind, good bedside manner, and very patient with numerous questions. We built a report from the begining. He made me feel comfortable by explaining things thoroughly. He also knew my obgyn, and had the same diagnosis as him, which made me feel very comfortable. He was also one of the founding physicians at CRM. I did only see him 3 times during my course of treatment. All my other appointments I saw the lab tech ir ultrasound tech. The last appointment was to discuss changing my treatment plan because of the 4 failed cycles.This was upsetting to us, but not Dr Loys fault.
Prior to being seen I highly recomend that you compile a list of questions. Make sure he has all of your medical records and you know all of your diagnosis.
Dr Loy was very attentive, caring, took time to answer any of our wuestions, but candid about our situation. I was always able to contact Dr Loys nurse if I had any issues or questions and get an immediate response. One time I needed to be seen and they got me in right away. Overall you have to advocate for yourself regarding the biling, not related to the Doctor.
I have PCOS and stage 4 Endometriosis, so its a double whammy. Originally, they stated that I should go straight to IVF, but would be willing for me to try stimulation medication with times intercourse. I took a course of letrozole followed by a trigger shot ovidrel. This was not sucessful due to the PCOS. Staying helathy with diet and exercise, and reducing stress is key.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Dr Loys Nurse, can not remeber her name. )
She was always very understaning, especially when I was upset due to a mix up from a different staff memeber regarding my trigger shot. She always called me back same day, and got answers to all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They do have several locations, which helps for ease of access. My clinic is 5 mins or less from my home which was good. The wait time is always rediculous, and it is difficult to get an early appoint, which is important to me because I work full time. One time I showed up and they were not even open, and another time the power was out. After my second cucle, I was coming more consistently and could get 7:30 am appointments easier, because I was established. Their billing is not always the best. They over harge me and I had a $175 credit. You have to follow how they bill you and your insurance closely. Overall they are good, but not great.
My insurance company covered a lot, so my out of poocket expense was about $200 per cycle. I have United Healthcare.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
They did not tell me after prescribing letrozole that I needd to have my trigger shot by a specific date. We had to scramble and I ended up paying 60 more than normal for the trigger shot.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Their practice [CRM] is very large and successful but they focus more on their numbers and success rates than the patient specifically themselves. ... Besides one of the nurses, I had to keep on top of all of the information myself or things would be forgotten that we’re importsnt details. ... I believe it was about $2,500-3000 for each frozen transfer. I believe it was around10-15k for egg retrieval with everything.
Dr. Loy is a very experienced and well equip man in what he does. He knows all the up to date studies and other important statistics to help understanding. When you do consult with him he will take the time to explain things to you. He is well mannered. He is not very emotional/relational. He is more to the point. If you need someone who is very empathetic and readily available he may not be the one. Their practice is very large and successful but they focus more on their numbers and success rates than the patient specifically themselves.
Know going in that they are very effective, experienced, and successful at what they do, but they are not always on top of everything and you can feel like a Number many times. You also may not have your own doctor for the procedures depending on who is working that day.
Besides one of the nurses, I had to keep on top of all of the information myself or things would be forgotten that we’re importsnt details. They are good at what they do, but it is obvious it is a business/job to most of them.
For two of the prosecutes we did the very structured and co trolled injectibles as the protocol. The third treatment we used a pill form medicine to naturally create the eggs with the body doing its own thing which I preferred!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
The primary nurse I worked with was so great! But the reason that I was placed with only working with her was because the rest of the nursing staff couldn’t seem to get it together. We had many things delayed and cause more frustration because of the rest.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They had strengths in efficiency, knowledge, procedures, facilities, and success. Their facilities are brand new and the doctors all seem to be good at what they do. They are skilled. They have weaknesses in not being relational, compassionate, organized, and many times lacked at good communication. You do feel like a number bringing money in rather than a patient to care for.
I believe it was about $2,500-3000 for each frozen transfer. I believe it was around10-15k for egg retrieval with everything. Do not fully remember off hand.
I was thankful for only putting one embryo with tragedy from my future that came with multiples. I also appreciated doing only frozen verses fresh to give my body a break.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
It was mostly communication and lack of knowledge of some of the procedures. This messed up communication with the doctor and protocol to move forward with.
Orlando

Dr. Loy is a great doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable. He explains everything very clearly, with a picture to help his verbal explanation. ... Following the testing of my hormone levels, I was diagnosed with hyperprolactemia. ... Also, he doesn’t push unnecessary treatments. However, I did not see Dr. Loy at every visit. In fact, his PA performed my first and only IUI. I do wish I could see Dr. Loy more often.
This clinic [CRM - Orlando] is great. It’s a newer facility that includes a surgery center. Everything can be done right there at the facility, which is incredibly convenient. My only complaint is that it’s always cold in there. ... The only issue I had was that I was not called with results one time. The results were the genetic testing from my missed miscarriage of twins. However, when I called for the results, I was promptly given my results. ...
Dr. Loy is a great doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable. He explains everything very clearly, with a picture to help his verbal explanation. Also, he doesn’t push unnecessary treatments. However, I did not see Dr. Loy at every visit. In fact, his PA performed my first and only IUI. I do wish I could see Dr. Loy more often.
Definitely ask many questions. He is very knowledgeable and willing to answer all questions.
Dr. Loy and the staff at CRM always referred to me by my first name. That always asked me how I was doing. Also, they always engaged me in conversation. Further, the staff greeted me by name upon me entering the office.
Following the testing of my hormone levels, I was diagnosed with hyperprolactemia. I was placed on Bromocriptin. Once that hormone leveled out, I was set for IUI #1. I took Letrozol 2.5 mg, twice a day, cycle day 3-7. Then, on cycle day 12, I injected the trigger shot, Ovidrel. Finally, on cycle day 14, I had the IUI done. One week after IUI, I had my estrogen and progesterone checked. Both normal. Two weeks after IUI, a home pregnancy test was positive. Ultrasounds at 6.5 weeks and 8.5 weeks. As 8.5 weeks, my twins had passed. Missed miscarriage. I had the fetuses tested. Trisomy 22.
The nursing staff was amazing. They were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They were my point of contact whenever I called. They always returned my phone call, same day, when I called. They never rushed me. They answered all of my questions. They engaged me in conversation and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
This clinic is great. It’s a newer facility that includes a surgery center. Everything can be done right there at the facility, which is incredibly convenient. My only complaint is that it’s always cold in there.
I don’t know. I’m a veteran. The VA is currently paying for my IUI procedures (up to 6 IUIs). Unfortunately, the VA will not pay for IVF.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
During one appointment, doctor [Dr. Loy] didn’t read my file before hand and tried to tell me to use a protocol that would have absolutely not worked with me. I had to advocate for myself and say no to the type of treatment he wanted to do...Strengths- knowledgeable and compassionate Weakness- too positive at times. Makes the promise of “this time next year you will either be pregnant or with baby” every time I saw him. I didn’t like that because he is promising something he cannot really predict.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] have their own lab which means I get lab results pretty fast. They gave me free samples when I couldn’t afford/ find a specific medication. Negative- they don’t have too much wiggle room on appointment times. If they schedule you for an ultrasound at a specific time, you have to change your schedule to accommodate it. They are not very flexible
Be open and honest with him and you will be surprised by how kind and accommodating he is.
During one appointment, doctor didn’t read my file before hand and tried to tell me to use a protocol that would have absolutely not worked with me. I had to advocate for myself and say no to the type of treatment he wanted to do.
Cycles 1,2,3: 5mh letrozole, ovidrel trigger, u/s monitoring and progesterone test one week after ovulation. Timed intercourse. Results: 2 negative and 1 chemical pregnancy Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy for endometriosis Cycle 4- 5mg letrozole, ovidrel and IUI. Result- miscarriage at 5weeks.
When I had my first loss (chemical pregnancy ) I didn’t know what to expect and didn’t know what a chemical pregnancy was. The nurse who delivered the news to me was very cold and unwilling to explain what dropping HCG levels meant. She seemed annoyed that I was demanding an appointment with the doctor as soon as possible.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Don’t make you wait too long before being called in. They have their own lab which means I get lab results pretty fast. They gave me free samples when I couldn’t afford/ find a specific medication. Negative- they don’t have too much wiggle room on appointment times. If they schedule you for an ultrasound at a specific time, you have to change your schedule to accommodate it. They are not very flexible
IUI- $450 Laparoscopy doctor fees out of pocket- $1400
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Score my laparoscopy surgery, I had some questions for my nurse about pre-op procedures. She told me to ask the hospital nurse. This was not right because the instructions come from the doctor not the hospital.
Orlando
He [Dr. Albert Asante] is a wonderful person. He always has a smile on his face and is a very relatable in conversation. He is a family man and is easy to talk to. He was always there when we had questions and personally called us back if we requested a call back. He is a wonderful doctor.... We did an atognist protcol if I remember. We did menopur, gonal f, and cetrotide I think. We were on bcp prior to stims, we stimmed 9 days had 18 eggs, 14 retrieved by the on day surgeon not Dr. Ashante because it was not his day. Only two made it to blast and only one came back Pgs norma
Unfortunately this is not a good subject we started out happy with our nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] and she was very imformative but our protocol seemed to be very unorganized and we were given the wrong. Instruction during stims I’m hoping this didn’t prevent us from getting pregnant. There were a lot of mistakes by the nurse that was working with us and I was driving to different office location because they were messing up medication orders and trying to make it up but in the end it seems she must of been let go because we got a new nurse after transfer and she seems to be doing well so far no complaints yet.
How was your experience with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He is a wonderful person. He always has a smile on his face and is a very relatable in conversation. He is a family man and is easy to talk to. He was always there when we had questions and personally called us back if we requested a call back. He is a wonderful doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
To listen to what he has to say, ask him whatever you want. He is a brilliant man!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He treated me like a human. He was very compassionate with my husband and I both. He always gave us as mush as we wanted during Office visits and made sure to answer any questions we had. He ever allowed my husband to conf call in when he couldn’t make it to my appointments.
Describe the protocols Albert Asante used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
We did an atognist protcol if I remember. We did menopur, gonal f, and cetrotide I think. We were on bcp prior to stims, we stimmed 9 days had 18 eggs, 14 retrieved by the on day surgeon not Dr. Ashante because it was not his day. Only two made it to blast and only one came back Pgs normal. We also did lupron and progesterone prior to transfer and progesterone during the tww. Unfortunately it didn’t take and we didn’t get above a 0 on my beta. We are now prepping for the 2nd cycle with new supplants for about 3 months prior to retrieval. Hoping for better quality eggs this time.
Unfortunately this is not a good subject we started out happy with our nurse and she was very imformative but our protocol seemed to be very unorganized and we were given the wrong. Instruction during stims I’m hoping this didn’t prevent us from getting pregnant. There were a lot of mistakes by the nurse that was working with us and I was driving to different office location because they were messing up medication orders and trying to make it up but in the end it seems she must of been let go because we got a new nurse after transfer and she seems to be doing well so far no complaints yet.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Beautiful offices, front desk staff need work. As a patient if infertility issues I would expect the front desk staff to be over friendly and inviting and they really aren’t. There’s no welcome or greeting when you walk in. No eye contact just a “sign in and we’ll call you when we’re ready” it’s like that at both clinics. One clinic is definitely nicer then the other but the front desk staff just needs customer service training.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Just during stims meds were told to be ordered which needed to be over nighted we spend about $200 and came towards the end of the day when we were supposed to trigger we were told we didn’t need the trigger shot or the meds and that they made a mistake and I needed to drive to the Orlando Office instead of celebration to pick up a shot that I need to take the next day. I drive over an hour the Orlando and pick up the shot and got a call saying I didn’t need the shot and to bring back the unused injection during my pre op appointment. This nurse isn’t there anymore so I’m hoping my second round doesn’t have any issues. Also I was supposed to use suppositories and the nurse forgot to instruct me on that and the doctor was not aware I wasn’t on them.
Albert Asante

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Loy] had a ton of experience, but I felt a bit like just a number at times. He seemed to get irritated when my husband and I started asking so many questions. I had watched some of his YouTube videos just before he walked in one day, and when he started talking, it was word for word from his videos, done without feeling. He has very high ratings, as does the clinic, so we'll see if I get a baby out of this, and after how many tries. I only just completed egg retrieval, so we'll see. If I get a baby out of this, he'll be a god to me.
Everything has been great [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]. They seem a bit pricier than others according to polls I've seen on some of the FB support groups in a part of. I just wish they wouldn't forget to call me with results sometimes...[The nurses] were very kind but forgot to call me twice with results.
He had a ton of experience, but I felt a bit like just a number at times. He seemed to get irritated when my husband and I started asking so many questions. I had watched some of his YouTube videos just before he walked in one day, and when he started talking, it was word for word from his videos, done without feeling. He has very high ratings, as does the clinic, so we'll see if I get a baby out of this, and after how many tries. I only just completed egg retrieval, so we'll see. If I get a baby out of this, he'll be a god to me.
Watch his YouTube videos. He had his own channel. There are many, and chances are good they will answer many of your questions.
While knowledgeable and thorough, he always seems to be in a rush to get us out of there.
They were very kind but forgot to call me twice with results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Everything has been great. They seem a bit pricier than others according to polls I've seen on some of the FB support groups in a part of. I just wish they wouldn't forget to call me with results sometimes.
I used Attain, which cost $16,500 for two complete cycles, including 2 egg retrievals and unlimited transfers. The meds eye extra, which I got for around $3,700 thoth winfertility online. My insurance covered office visits, and anesthesia for egg retrieval was $500.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
They gave me a prescription for pain meds for the day of egg retrieval the day before. I had to call 8 different pharmacies before finally giving up because no one had it in stock. They also did not call me on the day I was supposed to trigger. I had to call the after hours on call number twice before getting a call back. When they called back they said I would not be triggering that night and to come in the next day for more blood work. Then, they called back and said after speaking to the doctor, he did want me to trigger that night after all. I nearly missed my window because of this miscommunication.
2015 - 2017, Successful
[Dr. Loy] Has an extremely warm and understanding bedside manner. He truly listen to me! Diagnosed me with endometriosis after another infertility doc failed to. He felt very concerned with the things I was concerned for and I felt like I was being cared for like his daughter... He is extremely knowledgeable and I felt like he provided expert care. Also, all four of his sons were IVF so he understands the process. I cried in our first meeting when he told me I had a 100% chance of having a baby. He gave me so much hope
The nursing staff [Center for Reproductive Medicine] was kind but a lot of times didn’t know what medication I was on or where I was in my cycle or couldn’t schedule me in even though it was time dependent.... I was supposedly a candidate for a study concerning IVF only to find out after we had delayed the cycle to find out I was never a candidate so that was extremely frustrating. My insurance covered our cycle but the communication between provider and insurance was HORRIBLE! There was a real lack of communication on where you were in your cycle in scheduling appointments or proceeding with a cycle
Trust his judgement
I don’t remember
The nursing staff was kind but a lot of times didn’t know what medication I was on or where I was in my cycle or couldn’t schedule me in even though it was time dependent. It was extremely frustrating
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Good and organized financial coordinator. The financial part was clear. The office was extremely clean and I liked the other physicians since I was seeing them occasionally through my transfer/retrieval
Insurance covered it
He recommended single embryo transfer

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Loy is very educated in his field and the first initial consultation provided us with lots of information and took the time to listen to our questions and to get to know us personally. He was very encouraging and felt good about our IUI's. I did feel though after we went through 3 unsuccessful IUI's we never had any follow up from Dr. Loy.
The clinic [CRM-Orlando] is very busy & the front desk employees were never friendly and felt like you were just another number they had to get through. I do know that they have a new office now since I have been there which they needed very badly with how busy they are.... However, after each round it was just on to the next and after our 3rd failed IUI we were never contacted back from the clinic to re-evaluate or talk about next steps.
I would ask for more questions on what the next steps would be if they treatment is unsuccessful and if there are other routes that can be taken.
I felt like we had lots of encouragement through our three rounds of IUI. However, after each round it was just on to the next and after our 3rd failed IUI we were never contacted back from the clinic to re-evaluate or talk about next steps.
We did three IUI's and I don't remember really the protocol but I know that he did use Letrozol instead of Clomid
I also had a positive experience with the nursing staff. They were also friendly and kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is very busy & the front desk employees were never friendly and felt like you were just another number they had to get through. I do know that they have a new office now since I have been there which they needed very badly with how busy they are.
I don't remember exactly but I believe we paid about $500 total for each IUI treatment
Orlando

[Protocol with Dr. Jaffe included] IUI with Clomid...(would not change anything until after 3 failed attempts)...In multiple visits the Dr either had the wrong chart or notes charted incorrectly...She was very kind and caring. But it felt like we were being put into a box because we were an LGBT couple and they didn’t want to be as proactive with our treatments. We didn’t feel like we were being heard in the clinic and they wanted to jump into exploratory surgery so we went out for a second opinion.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] would not change anything until after 3 failed attempts...We liked the more structured environment...This clinic has multiple doctors so they were always very busy...In multiple visits the Dr either had the wrong chart or notes charted incorrectly. When we received our chart from the clinic it had an extra IUI cycle in the chart notes that we never had preformed...Make sure you are persistent if there is something specific you want.
Make sure you are persistent if there is something specific you want.
IUI with Clomid and trigger 36 hrs before IUI IUI with Clomid and trigger 36 hrs before IUI (would not change anything until after 3 failed attempts) IUI cycle with Clomid (only produces a single follicle and thinner lining so we decided to cancel cycle IUI with Letrozole and Gonal F trigger 36 hrs before IUI All cycles were negative
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
We liked the more structured environment of CRM. This clinic has multiple doctors so they were always very busy. They also have a surgery sweet below, however it is not owned by the clinic and does not take the same insurances as the clinic.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Sharon Jaffe] had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.... Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
It is semi hard to get an appointment here [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.... The ones [nurses] assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.... She had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.
I really like Dr. Jaffe. I hope that she will get the results I want. I trust that she has set me up with the correct protocol. Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
Go in with questions and make sure to ask them all.
She is very good at explaining everything and making sure to answer questions.
The ones assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It is semi hard to get an appointment here and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.
With my insurance just to see a specialist is a higher copay. Then for IUI's at the time it was free. And IVF is pretty much out of pocket.
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I am only allowed to do single transfer since ours are rated a decent quality at this point. They said maybe at the third cycle it may change.
Orlando

After 5 failed IUIs, I had to beg for a consult with the doctor.... He [Dr. Loy] admitted to not reviewing my complete file after each failed cycle. He only made decisions based on my current # of follicles and size, which is what the nurse gave him. I felt like he should have been more involved in my actual diagnoses and treatment.... First 4 cycles were strictly with letrozole and trigger.
Great about scheduling appointments. Multiple options and very flexible. Wait times [Ctr for Reproductive Med of Orlando] were rather frustrating: for example we waited in the room for our iui (undressed) for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the doctor. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be an hour or so behind schedule, even though the sign in the lobby says you should not wait more than 15 minutes.
He admitted to not reviewing my complete file after each failed cycle. He only made decisions based on my current # of follicles and size, which is what the nurse gave him. I felt like he should have been more involved in my actual diagnoses and treatment.
Don’t wait until you are beyond frustrated to raise your hand. Be assertive in requesting time specifically with him versus the nurses. You are paying to be seen by a doctor, not a nurse.
After 5 failed IUIs, I had to beg for a consult with the doctor. I feel like they should meet with you after every 2 failed cycles.
First 4 cycles were strictly with letrozole and trigger. I asked for a change in my process to see if we could get a more favorable outcome and they reluctantly prescribed injectables. (Gonal-f)
Always returned calls within 24 hours. They were knowledgeable about process.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Great about scheduling appointments. Multiple options and very flexible. Wait times were rather frustrating: for example we waited in the room for our iui (undressed) for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the doctor. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be an hour or so behind schedule, even though the sign in the lobby says you should not wait more than 15 minutes.
$650 for iui, without medicine

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I liked her [Dr. Sejal Patel] personality, she was nice. She seemed to be caring. I didn't like that after I requested and went over my records that her office notes were not exactly as things happened. She is a newer/younger doctor in the CRM office so she is not set in old ways as it seems the older doctors in that office may be.... Too many people in the clinic [CRM- Orlando], not enough time to spend with the patients
It would be nice if the patients were to be made to feel more like people instead of just a number starting with the person who checks u in at the front desk all the way up to and including the doctors.... I was supposed to be called with information on how to proceed further in my treatment by a certain time but never was. I called the office [CRM- Orlando] after hours because I knew I needed the info and if I didn't get it it would be a wasted month. Turns out the nurse should have calle me and given me the go ahead but she didn't and if I hadn't called that month would have been a waste at my expense.
I liked her personality, she was nice. She seemed to be caring. I didn't like that after I requested and went over my records that her office notes were not exactly as things happened. She is a newer/younger doctor in the CRM office so she is not set in old ways as it seems the older doctors in that office may be.
Make sure you say everything u need to say and ask everything u need to ask. Make sure she understands and hears u clearly.
Too many people in the clinic, not enough time to spend with the patients and don't feel like everything is done thoroughly.
Not the worst I've had nor the best I've had but not bad at all.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I was supposed to be called with information on how to proceed further in my treatment by a certain time but never was. I called the office after hours because I knew I needed the info and if I didn't get it it would be a wasted month. Turns out the nurse should have calle me and given me the go ahead but she didn't and if I hadn't called that month would have been a waste at my expense.

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Silva made me feel comfortable wen meeting with him. I didn't feel too rushed. He gave me tissues and time to cry when I became emotional. He did a pretty good job of explaining things. The only thing I didn't appreciate was always hearing about the IVF option. I knew it was an option but I wanted to try other methods first. He did not in any way pressure me to have IVF. However it was usually mentioned as an option in our meetings.
Lauren [a nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!.... Several locations which is great. Wish they had early morning hours and late hours for regular appointments.... HSG Blood work Semen analysis for husband Prep body/ovaries, etc for IUI Vitamins for husband and I Ultrasounds to check ovaries, etc 1 round of IUI with negative for pregnancy.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Be comfortable to ask as many questions as you want. Seek clarification and understanding regarding any information givento you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He did a good job of sitting down with me and my husband and explained things to us.
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Sanabria)
Lauren was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Don't remember exactly but I believe it was reasonable. We paid mostly out of pocket.
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Celso Silva
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
He is honest, straightforward, detailed. He takes his time with you. He made me feel safe and hopeful and while I have yet to achieve a healthy pregnancy I plan to continue with him. We feel like we are in good hands.... Took our concerns, moral and religious into account and aimed to design a treatment protocol that would cater to these needs
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]: knowledge and experience, options Weaknesses: very busy, cannot get through to a nurse- have to leave voicemail and wait for call back... Laparoscopy: diagnose and remove stage II endo Letrozole and timed intercourse with monitoring: ovulated but negative result Letrozole plus IUI: ectopic pregnanc Mini IVF (Stimmed with letrozole): 1 egg retrieved, 3dt, negative
he tends to explain things in a scientific manner but don't be afraid to ask questions for clarity
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths: knowledge and experience, options Weaknesses: very busy, cannot get through to a nurse- have to leave voicemail and wait for call back
We are 100% self pay Our IUI cycle cost around $1200 Our mini-IVF cycle was $3500 not including meds or anaesthsia
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I had to call multiple times to have my IVF meds called in

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions. I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
For the most part I feel like the nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions....I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
For the most part I feel like the nurses are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I'm getting ready to start a second IVF cycle and I'm anxious to see what we might do differently to improve our chances of getting pregnant.
Orlando
Missed information. Lack of follow through [from Dr. Sharon Jaffe]...Negative. Not actively managed. Didn’t follow up and make sure I was in the right dosages. Frequently made decisions off of inaccurate decisions. Never explained well. I was put on 5 different medications and didn’t understand why. After asking was told to not
Good hours and location [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] . Flexible staff. Nice office. Frequently waited longer for Negative experience with one of the doctors...Overall good positive general clinic...Negative. Not actively managed. Didn’t follow up and make sure I was in the right dosages. Frequently made decisions off of inaccurate decisions. Never explained well. I was put on 5 different medications and didn’t understand why. After asking was told to not
Missed information. Lack of follow through.
Negative
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Good hours and location . Flexible staff. Nice office. Frequently waited longer for Negative experience with one of the doctors ................(..;…................ Overall good positive general clinic.
Our insurance provides good coverage