6.9

Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Jaffe and I have had a long standing relationship. She helped me conceive my son in 2017. She is a great human being. She does not put herself on a pedestal and treat you like you are any different from her. The 2nd time around, She fully explained what little Hope I had conceiving again with my own eggs at my age but fully understood I wanted to try before moving on .
it’s expensive but great team all together [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]. When you are at the RE stage you know you are going to have to fork out some money They are all professionals and know what they’re talking about. They are very educated and their labs and embryologists are some of the best in the nation. I have utmost faith in my clinic ... Judy is amazing!! She is tough as nails but inside she is a big teddy bear with her own heart wrenching and heartwarming story ...Judy has her people that have got into her personal space and those of us that have know what a wonderful being she is
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
If you’re looking for a “sweetheart everything is going to work all in your favor and this is going to work for you no doubt”...you are going to the wrong doctor . She is a realist and won’t set you up to be disappointed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Jaffe is very straightforward and to the point. She is not going to sugarcoat anything or make you feel like you have more of a chance to conceive than you do. However, she is not pushy either. She is a realist . And she too, has endured her own battles.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Injectable mess first time IUI ever and it worked! Now she told me I need to move on from my own eggs but I was too stubborn. In the end, she was right.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Judy Brooks )
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
it’s expensive but great team all together . When you are at the RE stage you know you are going to have to fork out some money They are all professionals and know what they’re talking about. They are very educated and their labs and embryologists are some of the best in the nation. I have utmost faith in my clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
20k for IVF 450.00 for IUI

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Lab, ultrasounds and surgery center [CRM Orlando] are all on site which is a huge plus. Results are usually ready same day unless biopsies. Surgery center, though onsite, is a different entity so be prepare for that to go to towards different deductible.Has several doctors so your cycles can proceed even if yours is off. Con would be that it may be a different doctor for every surgery which I do not prefer. Many doctors and large office are great but this also means they’re helping MANY patients
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He’s clearly very knowledgeable in his field. This is comforting to work with someone who seems to know every in and out. But at times he was almost too clinical and did not have much of a bedside manner. He is compassionate in terms of cancelled/failed cycles but not overly so. He takes time to acknowledge how difficult it is to go through this but he doesn’t linger on it and moves right into next protocol. Our first transfer with donor egg resulted in pregnancy but ended up having trisomy 21. We were obviously devastated and having a hard time wrapping our heads around payment for another cycle and potential PGS testing costs and he did work with us to offer a small discount which we greatly appreciated. Overall he is kind but it’s clear he has too much on his plate/too many patients. As mentioned before I’ve had to remind him on a few things that we would need to do or not do based on my situation.Also in the beginning he told us he thought there was 95% chance Ivf would work with our own eggs- we turned out to be the 5%. I think communication could also be better. For example we went through 3 weeks of one cycle (doing Lupron injections and estrogen) and it ended up being cancelled because I wasn’t responding. It wasn’t until our follow up with him that he told us estrogen was rising, but slowly and on the low side. This is something we would have liked to know during the cycle to brace ourselves for the possibility of cancellation. We were totally blindsided when it was cancelled. We also made it to transfer on another cycle, and on it the day of we experienced some confusion. For one, he was not the doctor performing the transfer. They tell you that other doctors may do your surgeries but you are usually told who at the pre-op. He didn’t say anything about it being anyone else so i didn’t think to ask. This threw us because our transfers tend to be complicated due to my cervix passage and uterus position. I was also to be under anesthesia for my transfer which you can’t drink water for. And the doctor on call that day seemed to be confused why I didn’t have a full bladder and why I was getting fluids through IV. He ended up making me drink water and the anesthesiologist understandably had to wait until the water moved from my stomach to do the transfer, which was a 2 hour delay. It’s obvious Dr. Loy did not leave clear notes or talk to this doctor beforehand. Or the doctor did not pay attention to any notes left by him, so either way communication is an issue.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Do not be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. If you don’t understand something try to ask in that moment. It can be intimidating to question a doctor on his protocols or have them breakdown something in simpler terms for you but that is why you’re all there! So that you’re all on the same page and all feel confident in next steps. You shouldn’t leave an appointment not understanding your plan or having doubts about it. He can read your chart all day but nobody knows you better than you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
We learned early to expect that we would not see Dr. Loy at every appointment and we’re mostly ok with that. But the meetings we do get with him feel progressively more and more rushed the longer we’ve been patients. We always come in with a list of questions and sometimes he seems bothered by so many questions and gets noticeably impatient. Also a couple of times I’ve had to remind him of things specific to my situation which makes me feel he’s got too much on his plate to play close attention. When I bring these things up though he is willing to change protocol and accommodate us. We had one cancelled cycle that really made us feel like a number versus a human this year. We thought everything was going well and made it to our pre-op. On that day my lining had thinned a little and he said as long as estrogen hasn’t fallen off we should be good. Well of course estrogen had dropped so I got a call at 6pm (appmnt had been much earlier that day) and the nurse was very blunt and cold- “your cycle has been cancelled please call on your next cycle day 1.” She didn’t even mention what estrogen level was, I had to ask specifically what happened and why it was cancelled. She told me she couldn’t answer any questions only the dr could and I was very obviously upset and she offered no comfort and getting information was like pulling teeth. After I asked several questions which she said she could not answer she finally asked if I would like a follow up and offered me one for a week later. I had to explain why I would want one as soon as possible and she ended up finding one for me the next day. I know those calls can’t be easy but her attitude made it clear she didn’t really care and just wanted to get on with it.
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Don’t remember exactly the protocol for retrieving with my own eggs. I know there was cetrotide, gonal f, tigger shot and something else I can’t remember. This resulted in 3 eggs, 2 fertilized, 0 blastocyst. He said it was the strongest protocol he would give to someone like me (small frame, diminished ovarian reserve) and next step would have to be donor eggs. With donor eggs we used Lupron and estrogen and progesterone and I responded “textbook” to these and transfer was a success but ultimately had to terminate for chromosomal issues. Next cycle we did same protocol because it had previously worked but i did not respond as well. Third try we did letrazole protocol which had good results but transfer did not result in pregnancy. Our next try we are doing estrogen protocol. He was going to do Lupron again but I had to remind that though this did work once it didn’t the second time so we’re trying something new.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Venus)
Overall I’ve liked the staff. I have dealt with only 2 who could use some help with bedside manner. One was one I hadn’t worked with at all until she called to advise of our cancelled cycle. The other is one who is not my primary nurse but seems to step in when my primary is out. She is nice enough but overall demeanor is not very warm. She seems a little annoyed when I ask too many questions. Venus my primary though is very nice and though we don’t speak on the phone much ( all correspondence through the portal) I feel much more comfortable talking with her and asking her questions. She’s very patient. If I ask questions she can’t quite an answer she’ll let me know she is checking with the dr and responds by end of day typically. Phlebotomist and ultrasound techs are also very friendly. Finance is very nice as well and willing to answer many questions and check on anything you ask them to.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Lab, ultrasounds and surgery center are all on site which is a huge plus. Results are usually ready same day unless biopsies. Surgery center, though onsite, is a different entity so be prepare for that to go to towards different deductible.Has several doctors so your cycles can proceed even if yours is off. Con would be that it may be a different doctor for every surgery which I do not prefer. Many doctors and large office are great but this also means they’re helping MANY patients so I think communication and attention to detail struggle because of that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Approx $13k for egg retrieval $17.5k for donor eggs (lot of 6 with one embryo guarantee) $2.2k for FET Does not include meds, hysteroscopies (3), biopsies
Describe Randall Loy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
He strongly recommends single embryo transfer for me as I have a pretty small frame and he believes multiples will be difficult for me to carry.

2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
I did 2 Egg Retrieval cycles, antagonist protocol. The first cycle only achieved 8 eggs. The second cycle achieved 15 eggs. The difference between the two cycles was that Dr. Jaffe allowed me to stim 2 more days the second time therefore allowing more follicles to grow. I was happy about this adjustment in my treatment...is patient and willing to answer all questions that we had. She recommended lifestyle changes we needed to make for maximum results. She is straight forward and honest.
Altogether we have paid about $50, 000 [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] and we haven't even gotten to transfer yet...we were offered a "package" through Attain Fertility. We signed up for the 2 cycle IVF program, for $25, 700. However this doesn't cover any of the egg retrieval procedures, or the anesthesia used. It doesn't cover any medications or PGS (genetic testing). We also pay $60 a month for the storage of our eggs...This clinic just built a brand new office with more treatment rooms on the second floor and a surgery center on the main floor. This means everything about your care is completed in one location. They operate pretty much on time, give or take 15 minutes. The front office is always kind and courteous.
Dr. Jaffe was present at our first initial consultations as we learned about the IVF treatment plan I would be experiencing. When I began treatment and went to the office for blood work and ultrasounds, these were done by 5he nurses or techs. Dr. Jaffe has 2-3 nurses that work directly with her that would review my test results and call me that afternoon with results. If I had a question or concern I could call the nurses or send an email through the portal. Dr. Jaffe did perform 1 ultrasound on me as I got closer to egg retrieval. She performed my second egg retrieval.
She is very knowledgeable about infertility, but sometimes talks very fast and throws alot of information at you during your initial diagnosis/ consultation. Ask her to slow down and take notes. Write down any questions you have beforehand so you don't forget.
Dr. Jaffe is patient and willing to answer all questions that we had. She recommended lifestyle changes we needed to make for maximum results. She is straight forward and honest.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The nurses are very knowledgeable and compassionate. They reply promptly to any phone or portal message. The nurses call to report new information about blood work and ultrasounds during a stim cycle in preparation for an egg retrieval. They were very patient when teaching me about all the stim medications and how they should be mixed and administered.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Our insurance doesn't cover anything related to infertility, therefore we were offered a "package" through Attain Fertility. We signed up for the 2 cycle IVF program, for $25, 700. However this doesn't cover any of the egg retrieval procedures, or the anesthesia used. It doesn't cover any medications or PGS (genetic testing). We also pay $60 a month for the storage of our eggs. There are a few other things along the way that are also not covered. Altogether we have paid about $50, 000 and we haven't even gotten to transfer yet.
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Because of my age (40) I was told we would only be transferring a single embryo, when the time comes in May or June.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Loy took the time to review my entire medical history and any concerns I have ever had related to my reproductive health. He always gave me a positive view and motivated me to stay positive and trust the process. I never felt rushed during an appointment with him. He was very thorough and loved drawing pictures to help my husband and I understand the anatomy and physiology of the fertility processes. He made me feel like I was his only patient!
It [CRM Orlando] is a beautiful facility and very clean. Wait times were usually minimal. The exam rooms had monitors on the wall for you to view your ultrasounds while they occurred. Also my husband said the areas for men were very clean and private. ... [nurse] They were very compassionate and friendly. ... I live two hours away from the office and he [Dr. Loy] made it a point to arrange my appointments at convenient travel times.
If you are hesitant about scheduling an appointment, don’t be! I wish I would have started this process with him sooner.
He is very thorough and takes the time to address all of your concerns. I live two hours away from the office and he made it a point to arrange my appointments at convenient travel times.
I had unexplained infertility. My cervix also required dilation. I did letrozole in preparation for IUI and used pregnyl trigger shots. After IUI I took progester400mg at bedtime. After 4 unsuccessful IUI’s we chose to start IVF. I did stims and ovidrel trigger. I had 10 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, and 1 made it to blastocyte stage. The embryo was transferred on day 5 as a FET. I started endometrin 100mg 3 times a day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Linda Jones)
They were very compassionate and friendly.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It is a beautiful facility and very clean. Wait times were usually minimal. The exam rooms had monitors on the wall for you to view your ultrasounds while they occurred. Also my husband said the areas for men were very clean and private.
My insurance covered most of the monitoring appointments. The remaining costs I felt were fair and aligned with state averages.
I agree with eSET due to my age and the risks associated with multiple births.
Orlando

She [Dr. Jaffe] can be very dry and intimidating sometimes. She is very straight forward though and confident in her skills. Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor even though we went to that clinic for her services only.... My first cycle of stims my doctor was out of town and she didn’t let her patients know. Another doctor filled in and cancelled my cycle.... Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor
Some of the weaknesses [of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is too busy and crowded. Over booking on transfer day and waiting 3 hours after my appointment time trying to hold a full bladder. Strengths are there quick communication through portal.... We spent about $40,000 this year for 3 stims cycles and one transfer. That’s with the cost of medications.
She can be very dry and intimidating sometimes. She is very straight forward though and confident in her skills. Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor even though we went to that clinic for her services only.
Prepare for long office waits and to be prepared with questions if you have them ahead of time.
The office is really busy and I’ve felt rushed or forgotten some times.
We used lupron depot and birth control to start. Gonal F, centrotide and menopur for stimulation. We used progesterone and estrogen for and after transfer until the pregnancy test.
I was told different things by different nurses when trying to get questions answered. There was only one nurse that I trusted to give me the right answers as there were mix ups with the others.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Some of the weaknesses is too busy and crowded. Over booking on transfer day and waiting 3 hours after my appointment time trying to hold a full bladder. Strengths are there quick communication through portal.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My first cycle of stims my doctor was out of town and she didn’t let her patients know. Another doctor filled in and cancelled my cycle. After I was told this would not happen again my second cycle of stims was a repeat situation and I was cancelled by mistake and then called and told never mind. Blood work for my husband was not ordered until last min on a Friday afternoon and we are 3 hours from my clinic.
Orlando

Dr. Randall Loy is a very experienced and knowledge reproductive endocrinologist. He explains everything in a comprehensible manner. However, I felt at times that he forgot about my diagnosis; nevertheless, he finally paid more attention to my case due to thick uterine lining which caused several delays of the embryo transfer.... I was on Enskye (a birth control pill) and I also took Estrace and Progesterone. I was successful in obtaining menses due to taking Enskye;
The clinic [Center for Repro Med] is clean and it has an attractive appearance. The staff is decent; at times they are unapproachable. You always have to leave a voicemail to doctors' nurses if you have any questions. They usually call you back a couple hours later; sometimes they forget to return your call the same day. You have to leave the voicemail before 3:00 pm. The emergency call service is somewhat reliable; the couple times that I used it, the person who had to relay the message
Dr. Randall Loy is a very experienced and knowledge reproductive endocrinologist. He explains everything in a comprehensible manner. However, I felt at times that he forgot about my diagnosis; nevertheless, he finally paid more attention to my case due to thick uterine lining which caused several delays of the embryo transfer. At the moment, he has proposed alternate protocols for me, which are in process, in order to see if it changes my situation.
Dr. Randall Loy is a very knowledgable and has good bedside manner. However, you must be prepared to remind him about your diagnosis/situation because he will forgot about your case. Patients must write questions in advance to ask him so he can inform you about your protocol.
Overall, they treated me in a humane manner. However, at times, I felt like I was treated as a number because I had to keep reminding them about my condition, Primary Ovarian Failure.
I was on Enskye (a birth control pill) and I also took Estrace and Progesterone. I was successful in obtaining menses due to taking Enskye; however, the Estrace pills caused me to have liquid in my uterus which delayed several of my transfer cycles. I have undergone three hysteroscopies and two cervical dialition to investigate why I still had blood and liquid in my uterus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Pamela Fortunato)
Dr. Loy's main nurse was very helpful and understanding. However, the other nurses kept forgetting about my condition, Primary Ovarian Failure, and several times they did not follow the correct protocol.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is clean and it has an attractive appearance. The staff is decent; at times they are unapproachable. You always have to leave a voicemail to doctors' nurses if you have any questions. They usually call you back a couple hours later; sometimes they forget to return your call the same day. You have to leave the voicemail before 3:00 pm. The emergency call service is somewhat reliable; the couple times that I used it, the person who had to relay the message (i.e., Day 1 of a clycel) to the doctor's nurse forgets to send it to a nurse. Therefore, I have to call a couple more times so that they can get the nurse to call me in order to schedule an appointment. Overall, the clinic is new and has high-tech technology; however, be prepared to pay hefty bills and always keep reminding the doctors and nurses about your conditions because they will forget about you.
I found an egg donor through Circle Surrogacy agency. The retrieval was down at the clinic. I have undergone more than 5 failed cycles and out-patient procedures due to my uterine lining. Therefore, I have compiled about $10,000 of bills and expenses at this clinic.
My doctor had a strong preference for single embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I have to constantly remind them that I do not get natural periods due to having primary ovarian failure since June 2017.
Orlando

She [Dr. Sharon Jaffe] is truthful but with compassion. She is very intelligent and explains things well. It is a large clinic but with major procedures she tries to do them herself. My wife thought she could have been more personable but I liked her. She is not simply going to tell you what you want to hear which I think is important.... So far I have done 3 IUIs with clomid and a trigger shot. I ovulate on my own but we added clomid to possibly give me two eggs release instead of just one. I should be starting IVF within the week. The plan is antagonist protocol with no birth control. We will freeze all embryos and do genetic testing. Dr Jaffe recommends genetic testing for anyone over 35.
[CRM- Orlando's] Strengths would be convenient hours and open all days of the week. Knowledgeable about insurances (I have had 3 different ones since I began as a patient). Weakness is some issues with communication and being inconsistent on labs being placed on portal. Overall I would definitely recommend this clinic. Everyone has been kind.... The problem is there are so many people that you deal with that sometimes you feel lost in the shuffle. Nurses have always been friendly however.
She is truthful but with compassion. She is very intelligent and explains things well. It is a large clinic but with major procedures she tries to do them herself. My wife thought she could have been more personable but I liked her. She is not simply going to tell you what you want to hear which I think is important.
Make an appointment with Dr Jaffe for a consultation if you start to feel lost in the system of the big clinic.
She didn’t rush appointments and addressed questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
IUIs were approximately $1000 each with monitoring and procedure.
She strongly prefers one embryo but told me she would do 2 if not genetically tested because I am 36 with low reserve.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Sometimes I have had to reach out for next instructions in protocol rather than them calling me with what to do next.
Orlando

We just recently switched to Dr. Jaffe... Dr. Jaffe. She is honest, direct, blunt, and tells you how it is. She genuinely cares about your success, and getting you and your partner embraced in this process.... She put us on a strict diet, and multiple supplements, not only for myself but my husband too. He is now fully immersed in this process besides being my rock and my emotional support. We look forward to our next IVF cycle in June with her,
As of now we have only seen Dr. Jaffe for a consultation appointment. She did perform my very first egg retrieval since there are 5 doctors within the practice. Our friends had success with Dr. Jaffe's intense treatment plan, and they preferred her direct approach, and "tell it how it is" but with compassion. During our consultation she was honest with us in saying that our quality of eggs needs to improve if we are going to be successful in this process, and have embryos that come back pgs normal. She put us on a strict diet, and multiple supplements, not only for myself but my husband too. He is now fully immersed in this process besides being my rock and my emotional support. We look forward to our next IVF cycle in June with her, this is our 4th and probably last cycle due to no insurance coverage. Dr. Jaffe is aware of that, and wants to align us in every way possible.
You need to be prepared to have an honest and direct doctor. If you are looking for a doctor more aggressive, she is for you. She will tell you what you should be doing, if IVF won't work; she will tell you. She is compassionate even though she is direct, and I appreciate that in a doctor especially during a journey that is extremely emotional and financially taxing.
We just recently switched to Dr. Jaffe after our schedule FET was cancelled this past week due to our one and only embryo not surviving the thawing process. We have friends that have had success with Dr. Jaffe. My first doctor, Dr. Riggall is retiring in May, so we requested to resume treatment with Dr. Jaffe. She is honest, direct, blunt, and tells you how it is. She genuinely cares about your success, and getting you and your partner embraced in this process.
Since we have just started seeing Dr. Jaffe we haven't discussed exact protocol. She wants us on the supplements and vitamins for a few months prior to starting treatment. She did mention for myself doing a testosterone primer leading into injectables. This is different for me as I have not done a primer before. My very first protocol was an antagonist, and my body did not respond well to that, so we will not be doing that again. We look forward to learning the protocol that she sets for us, and embracing it!
Since the doctors are within the same clinic, I have engaged with Judy before, but never on a one on one level like we are now. She is also direct just like Dr. Jaffe, but once she learned of our FET getting canceled; her compassion was extraordinary. I could feel her care and concern, and wanting to be able to comfort me through this difficult consultation. Difficult because my husband and I were hoping that our FET would be a success, not cancelled before it even had a chance to begin. I look forward to working with Judy more.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The Center for Reproductive Medicine is an incredible facility. It starts from the second you walk in the door, the reception staff are always welcome and they begin to know you for you, and began to build a relationship. Each step of the way the clinic is second to none. They are very organized, timely, and compassionate. A weakness that they have is the finance and billing department. We have struggled in handling our our finances with them, and having to deal with money during an already stressful situation is not easy. Just make sure that you keep great records and receipts so that if there is any confusion, you can rectify the situation in a quick manner.
Under Dr. Jaffe we have only been seen for a consultation and bloodwork (AMH level, Vitamin D) My past treatments include 3 rounds of IVF, all leading to egg retreival (all 3 cycles 16,000 - had insurance) PGS testing (all 3 cycles 5,100, not included in insurance) Medication (all 3 cycles 11,000, split between self-pay and used insurance) Payed for a FET, but cancelled (4200, insurance depleted, self-pay)
We have not broached this subject yet with Dr. Jaffe, but my prior doctor was against doing anything but a eSET. Dr. Jaffe just wants to do what is best in the safest, and most successful approach.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Loy was very attentive, caring, took time to answer any of our wuestions, but candid about our situation. ... I have PCOS and stage 4 Endometriosis, so its a double whammy. Originally, they [Center for Repro Med Orlando] stated that I should go straight to IVF, but would be willing for me to try stimulation medication with times intercourse. I took a course of letrozole followed by a trigger shot ovidrel. This was not sucessful due to the PCOS.
After my second cucle, I was coming more consistently and could get 7:30 am appointments easier, because I was established. Their [Center for Repro Med Orlando] billing is not always the best. They over harge me and I had a $175 credit. You have to follow how they bill you and your insurance closely. Overall they are good, but not great. ... The wait time is always rediculous, and it is difficult to get an early appoint, which is important to me because I work full time.
He is very knowledgeable, kind, good bedside manner, and very patient with numerous questions. We built a report from the begining. He made me feel comfortable by explaining things thoroughly. He also knew my obgyn, and had the same diagnosis as him, which made me feel very comfortable. He was also one of the founding physicians at CRM. I did only see him 3 times during my course of treatment. All my other appointments I saw the lab tech ir ultrasound tech. The last appointment was to discuss changing my treatment plan because of the 4 failed cycles.This was upsetting to us, but not Dr Loys fault.
Prior to being seen I highly recomend that you compile a list of questions. Make sure he has all of your medical records and you know all of your diagnosis.
Dr Loy was very attentive, caring, took time to answer any of our wuestions, but candid about our situation. I was always able to contact Dr Loys nurse if I had any issues or questions and get an immediate response. One time I needed to be seen and they got me in right away. Overall you have to advocate for yourself regarding the biling, not related to the Doctor.
I have PCOS and stage 4 Endometriosis, so its a double whammy. Originally, they stated that I should go straight to IVF, but would be willing for me to try stimulation medication with times intercourse. I took a course of letrozole followed by a trigger shot ovidrel. This was not sucessful due to the PCOS. Staying helathy with diet and exercise, and reducing stress is key.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Dr Loys Nurse, can not remeber her name. )
She was always very understaning, especially when I was upset due to a mix up from a different staff memeber regarding my trigger shot. She always called me back same day, and got answers to all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They do have several locations, which helps for ease of access. My clinic is 5 mins or less from my home which was good. The wait time is always rediculous, and it is difficult to get an early appoint, which is important to me because I work full time. One time I showed up and they were not even open, and another time the power was out. After my second cucle, I was coming more consistently and could get 7:30 am appointments easier, because I was established. Their billing is not always the best. They over harge me and I had a $175 credit. You have to follow how they bill you and your insurance closely. Overall they are good, but not great.
My insurance company covered a lot, so my out of poocket expense was about $200 per cycle. I have United Healthcare.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
They did not tell me after prescribing letrozole that I needd to have my trigger shot by a specific date. We had to scramble and I ended up paying 60 more than normal for the trigger shot.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr.Rigall has always been invested and engaged in our treatment. He was honest with his expectations from day 1. When the numerous IUIs were unsuccessful, he was direct about our next steps should be moving into IVF. He always is there if we need anything whether for simple questions, or advice.... After each retrieval before we started another round we talked with Dr.Rigall and he went into depth about the protocol and the choice. He was happy to answer any of my questions, and hear my concerns.
The clinic [CRM Orlando] is immaculate. When I first started seeing Dr.Rigall they were in an older building and in the process of moving to a new building and location. I can see why they wanted to update, this facility is fantastic. The doctors offices are upstairs and the surgery center is downstairs. It is a one stop shop for all your needs. Hey babe always communicated every aspect of my treatment such as appointments, billing, and have been great with communication. As a new patient going there, everyone is very friendly and has become a part of my extended family.
How was your experience with Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Rigall came highly recommended from my OB. His experience shows in everything he does. There are two examples that come to mind. We were in our second IUI cycle, and the ultrasound tech could not find any follicles on any ovary. We saw the tech twice for an ultrasound check, back to back days. Their protocol is that your doctor will do your next scan before canceling a cycle. Dr. Rigall performed this third scan, and he found a large follicle right away. He was very compassionate and apologetic that I had to go through that rollercoaster of emotions. He then explained the issues that may have prevented the tech from seeing anything on her scans. That then was communicated to the techs for future scans and put in my file. I also learned so much, I never knew that my left ovary hides and can be difficult to see regularly. It was helpful for everyone involved. The second example is after leaving the doctor getting ready for my first IUI, I went to drop off medication at the pharmacy. The pharmacist saw Frank Rigall on the prescription and talked to me and told me that him and his wife saw him over twenty years ago. He went on for close to five minutes of how wonderful he is, and how he cared so much about them and they wouldn’t have their family without him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
This journey can be very emotional, and challenging at times. Trust in Dr.Rigall, he is here for you and wants you to succeed. Ask questions that you have, he will be happy to answer them. Don’t be afraid to question him, he wants to make the best treatment plan for you, and make you feel comfortable during the entire process. It is hard trusting someone with so much of your heart since this is ultimately how you will become a parent, but do trust him and embrace the process. Make it your own personal journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Frank Riggall used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
During my treatments we started out with IUIs. I’ve been diagnosed with unexplained infertility so we wanted to start out with an assisted and medicated cycle. All of the IUIs were the same protocol of clomid for 5 days and then a trigger shot. This was timed with scanning and determining follicle sizes. My first IVF cycle was antoginst. This cycle was almost cancelled at my treatment day 5 scan, but we stayed in at and on our treatment day 7 scan everything looked very positive. This ivf round resulted in 4 eggs retrieved. 2 were mature and fertilized. Only 1 made it to biopsy and freeze, and this embryo cane back abnormal from pgs testing. When we determined that we were going to do another cycle, I questioned the protocol that we were using. Dr.Rigall already planned on changing the protocol. The second round we fidna Lupron flare protocol. We had great results this round from start to finish. We had 7 eggs retrieved, 4 were mature and fertilized. 2 made it to biopsy and freeze. This protocol has gotten us out one and only pgs tested normal embryo that is waiting for us now. Our third ivf round was also the same protocol, the lupron flare. We didn’t have as much success this round, but still worth every minute. We had 4 eggs retrieved with only one being mature, fertilized, biopsied and frozen. Unfortunately it came back with abnormal pgs test results. After each retrieval before we started another round we talked with Dr.Rigall and he went into depth about the protocol and the choice. He was happy to answer any of my questions, and hear my concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Laurie (I actually don’t know her last name) )
Dr.Rigall had two nurses, Laurie and Courtney. I primarily interacted and communication with Laurie. I don’t have enough amazing things to say about Laurie. She was compassionate, always there, and so warm. Any question that I had, I knew I could email her on the patient portal and I would hear back very soon. Same goes for ensuring that I was clear on my protocol, timeline, appointments. Her and Dr.Rigall were a great team, I feel very fortunate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is immaculate. When I first started seeing Dr.Rigall they were in an older building and in the process of moving to a new building and location. I can see why they wanted to update, this facility is fantastic. The doctors offices are upstairs and the surgery center is downstairs. It is a one stop shop for all your needs. Hey babe always communicated every aspect of my treatment such as appointments, billing, and have been great with communication. As a new patient going there, everyone is very friendly and has become a part of my extended family.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Since I am working full time during all of my treatments I was a little worried about all of the monitoring appointments that I would need. However, they worked with me and my work schedule. I worked 5am-4pm so I would always ask for the masters possible appointment that I could get but still be able to get results when needed. They would always schedule me for a 2:30 appointment so then I would only miss the last 2 hours of my work day. They were very easy to work with, and I never had an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The costs seemed average as to compared to friends that were going through treatments in another state. Dr. Rigall has his own financial/billing consultant so during each step of the way I have only been communicating with one person which has been amazing. The IUIs were very reasonable. IVF is a costly treatment, but affordable with insurance. To date we have paid close to $10,000 out of pocket for clinic treatments just for ivf. This doesn’t include surgery facility fees, or medication fertility injectables are very expensive. To date we have paid close to $8,000 on medicine. We just ordered the medication that goes along with our transfer protocol as well. Moving forward though, we will have no insurance coverage. My fertility coverage is capped at $11,000. We have reached that max so everything moving forward will be out of pocket which is a little daunting, but the clinic has been wonderful working with us for making payments.
Describe Frank Riggall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
We haven’t done the transfer yet, we are actually in a holding pattern waiting on endometrial biopsy results before we start our transfer protocol. We only have one embryo so this question is a moot point for us. However, in our initial consultation Dr.Rigall did state that he would only transfer one embryo at a time. I didn’t question this because I was on board with one at a time as well. We are having complications getting pregnant, so I wanted to set our future child and myself up for success during a pregnancy.
Frank Riggall
Orlando

My husband is taking antibiotics to check to see if it will change his numbers. Dr Loy first wanted to make sure he has all the results he needs. He advised that we might not get presaging naturally but he will give us options to consider.... He took enough time to explain everything to us. He ordered few tests and we received follow ups call. He did not rush us, wasn't short and tried to explain everything with details. As soon as he walked to the room he started with personal questions and it felt like he tried to know us before anything else
It's very hard to get a hold of them [nurses at Center for Reprodudctive Med Orlando] by phone! They called me to let me know my genetic results came back positive and my husband has to get tested! After my husband got tested in the morning, I spoke with a genetic counselor as they advised and she told me there was no reason for my husband to be tested and she wasn't sure why they requested that! I tried to call them to cancel the test which would cost us 200$ but no one returned my call!
Don't afraid to ask questions
He was very kind and personable! He explained every thing with details, he even draw stuff for us to understand everything better
We haven't started any treatment yet! My husband is taking antibiotics to check to see if it will change his numbers. Dr Loy first wanted to make sure he has all the results he needs. He advised that we might not get presaging naturally but he will give us options to consider.
The person took my blood was very nice and I had a great conversation with her besides that other staff felt like rushing you to get things done! It's very hard to get a hold of them by phone! They called me to let me know my genetic results came back positive and my husband has to get tested! After my husband got tested in the morning, I spoke with a genetic counselor as they advised and she told me there was no reason for my husband to be tested and she wasn't sure why they requested that! I tried to call them to cancel the test which would cost us 200$ but no one returned my call! I even went there and waited in waiting room for about 30 min and no nurse showed up to meet me!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It's clean and organized. However I feel they try to push you to use their facility for every test or even surgery. 1 day before my HSG I received a call and they requested $500 deposit, I never told about that, after I said I need to reschedule they asked to transfer me to accounting department to make a payment plan which I refused and told them I need to call my insurance. The next day I showed up for my HSG test and they never asked for deposit! I feel if you chose to go to that clinic you just need to double check about payments or test to avoid unnecessary charges
Seems most of the tests are not covered by my insurance, which is not their fault however it seems if testing done in this facility the price is much higher
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
As I mentioned, they requested genetic test for my husband which if wasn't necessary considering my result and 1 day before my HSG test they requested $500 deposit! I had to call them few times for my results
Orlando
Dr. Loy is absolutely great at explaining his recommendations, making sure you understand how your body works, and making sure you are comfortable with the course of treatment...if you take the initiative to say I need to see him and speak to him, he will do so...At first we tried Letrozole and eventually went to clomid. I used both with and without IUI treatments. I started treatment at 34 years old, my egg reserve was not the greatest, and I had endometriosis. So we wanted to try to be aggressive after surgery.
they [nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] were helpful in letting you know the next steps. The downside is sometimes they were cold and you felt like they were not listening to you. This may be the result of them having to deal with majority of patients more than the doctors dealt with you. But at times, I felt they were giving advice or stating that the doctor would not do this or that, when in fact that doctor agreed with me.
Dr. Loy is absolutely great at explaining his recommendations, making sure you understand how your body works, and making sure you are comfortable with the course of treatment. There was a time where I felt I was in a hamster will with no real evaluation of what may have gone wrong. However, if you take the initiative to say I need to see him and speak to him, he will do so.
Do not get stuck in the cycle of just going through the cycle. Make sure that you request an appointment to take to Dr. Loy himself, not his nurses, about what his thoughts are about your treatment. Follow all the directions. If he says take certain type of vitamins and change you diet, then do it.
Dr. Loy took the time to explain the details of my condition and treatment. He listened to my concerns and tailored my plans accordingly.
The strength of the nurses was that you spoke to them at times, more than the doctor. So they were helpful in letting you know the next steps. The downside is sometimes they were cold and you felt like they were not listening to you. This may be the result of them having to deal with majority of patients more than the doctors dealt with you. But at times, I felt they were giving advice or stating that the doctor would not do this or that, when in fact that doctor agreed with me.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is great in getting things done. Dr. Loy suspected endometriosis from my first visit, even though I had been going to doctors and felt like I had that issue for years. I was able to have surgery within 4 months of treatment. So it's great at diagnosing and trying to resolve. The part that can be concerning is when you trying cycle after cycle and being disappointed. But you have to take the initiative to say, wait let us stop and re-evaluate. After a year of trying with drugs and IUI, I stopped and said let us re-evaluate all the recommendations, free of the drugs. Funny enough, the month I did everything else on the list and prayed, is the month I had success.
I definitely spent thousands.
Not applicable.
Orlando
If you need a highly emotionally available doctor, she isn't for you. If you want a highly efficient and practical doctor, she's great. ... I thoroughly appreciate my treatment experience with Dr. Jaffe. ... I highly appreciated her swift approach to treatment that was entirely medical based, and the fact that she considered my requests and recognized my ability to research aspects of my treatment on my own.
Quick responses. They [CRM Orlando] use a voicemail system, so you will always leave a voicemail. They are quick to respond, though. I used the online portal quite a bit (easier for me than calling) and they usually got back to me the same day. ... She recommended eSET for me (under 35) but was open to transferring two upon my request (we talked about the option).
I thoroughly appreciate my treatment experience with Dr. Jaffe. If I could go back I would have seen her sooner and would choose her 10 times over. When it comes to treatment, she is highly qualified. If you're looking for a therapist, see a therapist. Dr. Jaffe isn't there to consult your emotional concerns with infertility, she is there to address the medical side. I highly appreciated her swift approach to treatment that was entirely medical based, and the fact that she considered my requests and recognized my ability to research aspects of my treatment on my own.
If you need a highly emotionally available doctor, she isn't for you. If you want a highly efficient and practical doctor, she's great. See her.
Dr. Jaffe is very to the point and bases her medical decisions on present evidence. She does not oversell your chances of success. She moves quickly, and is open to patient requests and input when discussing treatment options. I don't like overly positive doctors (it always seemed false when dealing with infertility) so her realist and scientific approach was perfect and I felt respected as a patient as a result.
For IUI cycles, it was letrozole + ovidrel trigger (failed cycles). For IVF retrieval, I think it was agonist. GonalF, Cetrotide, and Lupron trigger. I was highly responsive and we froze 13 embryos (freeze all cycle). For frozen transfers, I took daily estrogen, then progesterone in oil injections. First frozen transfer failed. Second was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Quick responses. They use a voicemail system, so you will always leave a voicemail. They are quick to respond, though. I used the online portal quite a bit (easier for me than calling) and they usually got back to me the same day.
She recommended eSET for me (under 35) but was open to transferring two upon my request (we talked about the option). Had I wanted it, she would have done two, but considering my chance of success she felt the risk of multiples was too high (and I elected for one).
Sharon Jaffe
Dr. Patel makes sure you understand everything that is going on and takes the time to explain everything to you... I had a miscarriage under this other doctor and he was very unclear about what was going on. When I started going to doctor Patel she was very understanding and was able to explain what was going on in much detail. She helped me walk through what could have happened with my miscarriage and start the next steps to try and get pregnant again. I am grateful for the hope she gave me and for the wonderful experience I have had with her.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is very inviting. The only weakness I would say is that the administration side of the clinic is sometimes not as organized as they can be. There are multiple office locations at CRM, winter park and celebration. A few times my appointment was scheduled at the wrong office. But the doctors definitely make up for the lack of administrative organization...The nursing staff is very friendly! They have a line you can call and leave a voicemail if you have any questions. I call often and they always return my phone call the same day. It helps a lot with the uncertainty.
How was your experience with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I have had a bad experience with a previous doctor. I had a miscarriage under this other doctor and he was very unclear about what was going on. When I started going to doctor Patel she was very understanding and was able to explain what was going on in much detail. She helped me walk through what could have happened with my miscarriage and start the next steps to try and get pregnant again. I am grateful for the hope she gave me and for the wonderful experience I have had with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
A piece of advice I would give would be to ask as many questions you can to best understand your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Sejal Patel used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
My treatment strategies were to use Femara as well as a trigger shot (I don’t know the name of the medication). As mention before I had a miscarriage through a previous doctor and was on clomid. Because I was able to get pregnant on clomid when I started going to Dr. Patel she decided to try femara with a trigger shot for 3 months. Currently I am on my second round right now with hope. If it doesn’t work after three rounds then we will move to IUI/IVF.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is very inviting. The only weakness I would say is that the administration side of the clinic is sometimes not as organized as they can be. There are multiple office locations at CRM, winter park and celebration. A few times my appointment was scheduled at the wrong office. But the doctors definitely make up for the lack of administrative organization.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I previously had a miscarriage with some complications. Which resulted in me hitting my maximum out of pocket and quite a few not covered medical bills. So based on that I haven’t had any medical bills through Dr. Patel yet.
Sejal Patel
Orlando

Dr. Loy is a great doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable. He explains everything very clearly, with a picture to help his verbal explanation. ... Following the testing of my hormone levels, I was diagnosed with hyperprolactemia. ... Also, he doesn’t push unnecessary treatments. However, I did not see Dr. Loy at every visit. In fact, his PA performed my first and only IUI. I do wish I could see Dr. Loy more often.
This clinic [CRM - Orlando] is great. It’s a newer facility that includes a surgery center. Everything can be done right there at the facility, which is incredibly convenient. My only complaint is that it’s always cold in there. ... The only issue I had was that I was not called with results one time. The results were the genetic testing from my missed miscarriage of twins. However, when I called for the results, I was promptly given my results. ...
Dr. Loy is a great doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable. He explains everything very clearly, with a picture to help his verbal explanation. Also, he doesn’t push unnecessary treatments. However, I did not see Dr. Loy at every visit. In fact, his PA performed my first and only IUI. I do wish I could see Dr. Loy more often.
Definitely ask many questions. He is very knowledgeable and willing to answer all questions.
Dr. Loy and the staff at CRM always referred to me by my first name. That always asked me how I was doing. Also, they always engaged me in conversation. Further, the staff greeted me by name upon me entering the office.
Following the testing of my hormone levels, I was diagnosed with hyperprolactemia. I was placed on Bromocriptin. Once that hormone leveled out, I was set for IUI #1. I took Letrozol 2.5 mg, twice a day, cycle day 3-7. Then, on cycle day 12, I injected the trigger shot, Ovidrel. Finally, on cycle day 14, I had the IUI done. One week after IUI, I had my estrogen and progesterone checked. Both normal. Two weeks after IUI, a home pregnancy test was positive. Ultrasounds at 6.5 weeks and 8.5 weeks. As 8.5 weeks, my twins had passed. Missed miscarriage. I had the fetuses tested. Trisomy 22.
The nursing staff was amazing. They were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They were my point of contact whenever I called. They always returned my phone call, same day, when I called. They never rushed me. They answered all of my questions. They engaged me in conversation and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
This clinic is great. It’s a newer facility that includes a surgery center. Everything can be done right there at the facility, which is incredibly convenient. My only complaint is that it’s always cold in there.
I don’t know. I’m a veteran. The VA is currently paying for my IUI procedures (up to 6 IUIs). Unfortunately, the VA will not pay for IVF.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Their practice [CRM] is very large and successful but they focus more on their numbers and success rates than the patient specifically themselves. ... Besides one of the nurses, I had to keep on top of all of the information myself or things would be forgotten that we’re importsnt details. ... I believe it was about $2,500-3000 for each frozen transfer. I believe it was around10-15k for egg retrieval with everything.
Dr. Loy is a very experienced and well equip man in what he does. He knows all the up to date studies and other important statistics to help understanding. When you do consult with him he will take the time to explain things to you. He is well mannered. He is not very emotional/relational. He is more to the point. If you need someone who is very empathetic and readily available he may not be the one. Their practice is very large and successful but they focus more on their numbers and success rates than the patient specifically themselves.
Know going in that they are very effective, experienced, and successful at what they do, but they are not always on top of everything and you can feel like a Number many times. You also may not have your own doctor for the procedures depending on who is working that day.
Besides one of the nurses, I had to keep on top of all of the information myself or things would be forgotten that we’re importsnt details. They are good at what they do, but it is obvious it is a business/job to most of them.
For two of the prosecutes we did the very structured and co trolled injectibles as the protocol. The third treatment we used a pill form medicine to naturally create the eggs with the body doing its own thing which I preferred!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
The primary nurse I worked with was so great! But the reason that I was placed with only working with her was because the rest of the nursing staff couldn’t seem to get it together. We had many things delayed and cause more frustration because of the rest.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They had strengths in efficiency, knowledge, procedures, facilities, and success. Their facilities are brand new and the doctors all seem to be good at what they do. They are skilled. They have weaknesses in not being relational, compassionate, organized, and many times lacked at good communication. You do feel like a number bringing money in rather than a patient to care for.
I believe it was about $2,500-3000 for each frozen transfer. I believe it was around10-15k for egg retrieval with everything. Do not fully remember off hand.
I was thankful for only putting one embryo with tragedy from my future that came with multiples. I also appreciated doing only frozen verses fresh to give my body a break.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
It was mostly communication and lack of knowledge of some of the procedures. This messed up communication with the doctor and protocol to move forward with.
Orlando

I highly recommend Dr. Jaffe. I had a horrible experience 3 years ago when I first visited a specialist on south Florida. My husband and I were misdiagnosed and told we would never be able to have kids. Thanks to Dr. Jaffe our very first IVF cycle was successful. From first visit, I felt at ease...I had 1 retreival resulting in 26 eggs retrieved...Our first transfer was successful.
The facility [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is too notch and brand new. All the equipment is the latest and greatest. Everything is also done in house so you don't have to visit multiple facilities depending on who you see or what services you are having performed... I saw the same nursing staff during my 1.5 years of visiting the practice. I always felt welcome and never rushed. They were all very knowledge and I felt like my treatment plan was tailored to my situation.
I highly recommend Dr. Jaffe. I had a horrible experience 3 years ago when I first visited a specialist on south Florida. My husband and I were misdiagnosed and told we would never be able to have kids. Thanks to Dr. Jaffe our very first IVF cycle was successful. From first visit, I felt at ease. The facility is great. Everything is done on site. The nursing staff is wonderful too. Everyone is extremely knowledable, prompt when returning messages and pleasant to deal with. I'm extremely grateful to have found CRM and Dr. Jaffe.
I would highly recommend CRM and Dr. Jaffe. I saw the same nursing staff during my 1.5 years of visiting the practice. I always felt welcome and never rushed. They were all very knowledge and I felt like my treatment plan was tailored to my situation.
For my egg retreival we used Gonal F, Lupron and Centrotide. I had 1 retreival resulting in 26 eggs retrieved. For my transfer I started Lurpon and Estrace prior to transfer (not at the exact same time) and PIO injections prior to transfer. Our first transfer was successful.
The nursing staff is wonderful. I dealt with Amber and Judy throughout my entire treatment. They were knowledgeable and I never felt like I was "asking too many questions" or felt rushed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The facility is too notch and brand new. All the equipment is the latest and greatest. Everything is also done in house so you don't have to visit multiple facilities depending on who you see or what services you are having performed.
I was extremely lucky and have insurance coverage so my cost were reasonable.
They only wanted to transfer 1 embryo (which I was fine with) as risk factors increase with multiples.
Orlando

She’s [Dr. Sharon Jaffe] never in a rush and always make sure she has done her best to help us understand our delicate situation. She does her best to make us feel comfortable. It’s not all serious, she will joke with us and talk about other things to lighten the mood. We love and appreciate that so much. My partner can get nervous and I can be very anxious, her joking with us helps calm our nerves.
The nursing staff [at CRM] is amazing! They are there for you anytime. If I had any questions, I would call and leave a message and they would call me back the same day. They are caring and compassionate people. They always make u comfortable and just go the extra mile to make us as comfortable as we can be in a difficult situation. They always make sure our questions are answered.
Dr. Jaffe is an amazing doctor! I would highly recommend her to anyone I know and don’t know. My partner even recommends her to people as well. She is every kind and warm. She is very through in her explanations and never makes us feel stupid for asking a question. She’s never in a rush and always make sure she has done her best to help us understand our delicate situation. She does her best to make us feel comfortable. It’s not all serious, she will joke with us and talk about other things to lighten the mood. We love and appreciate that so much. My partner can get nervous and I can be very anxious, her joking with us helps calm our nerves. We definitely apperciate her in so many ways. She always has our best interest at heart. She recommends different plans that will work for us and whats will be in our best interest financially. We always feel calm and at ease after we leave an appointment with her. We would hands down recommend her to anyone we know. She truly has the best bedside manner of any doctor I’ve seen.
Relax and be calm. Dr. Jaffe will take care of your needs and listen you.
Every time my partner and I went to an appointment we were always greeted very warmly. They always know who we are and are very polite. The office staff always treat you like you are their only patient. Everyone treats you with respect and they are very understanding of our delicate situation.
I started with an ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle. Then I started with taking letrozol 20mg twice a day, day 3-7 of my cycle. On day 10 I would go back for another ultrasound to look at the size of the follicles. Depending on the size I would return on the day in which they told me to for a follicle size of 18-20mm. Then they would tell me when to give myself the 10,000 units of HCG. They would then explain to me when to have relations. Then 2 weeks later they would have me come in for a blood pregnancy test to see if I was pregnant. After 3 cycles of this treatment we went on to IUI. We did 2 cycles of IUI everything being the same as the treatment before expect when I gave myself the 10,000 units of HCG we have to be in the office 36hrs later to give a semen sample and have them to place that sample higher in my uterus. They had me return in 12 days to see if I was pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Judy Nurse Practitioner )
The nursing staff is amazing! They are there for you anytime. If I had any questions, I would call and leave a message and they would call me back the same day. They are caring and compassionate people. They always make u comfortable and just go the extra mile to make us as comfortable as we can be in a difficult situation. They always make sure our questions are answered.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths are they are very kind and caring. Their facility is very clean and brand new. I honestly don’t have any weaknesses. They have always had our best internet and never had any problems with them.
It varies every month

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Loy is an amazing person and professional...He has been working with us and through difficult situations as we discover the best way forward to becoming pregnant and having children....Dr. Loy is great at explaining every process, we love that he takes the time to talk to us and we definitely love his drawings (LOL). He is very passionate and caring towards our situation and dedicated to helping us have children. We have not had any bad experiences in the 3 years plus we have been working together.
The clinic [CRM] is very accessible...We always feel welcome and it is great that we get to do everything there...we don't have to run all over the place...The staff is super friendly and welcoming. They are very involved and helpful when it comes to information, procedures, walking us through as we do testing...even when it is something as simple as drawing blood for tests, we feel like we are home with family.
Come with an open heart and mind...ask questions, as many as you want and need...they are very communicative and the staff is super friendly. Do not lose faith and hope...take one step at a time.
Dr. Loy is an amazing person and professional, we feel like we are part of the family at Center for Reproductive Medicine. He has been working with us and through difficult situations as we discover the best way forward to becoming pregnant and having children. He is a huge blessing in our lives, we truly love him and do not want to do anything related to infertility treatments if it's not with him as our doctor and guidance.
When we first started with Dr. Loy and CRM, we had been through a miscarriage and about 5-6 years of infertility. They first started with diagnosis (tests, etc...) and found endometriosis and fibroids in my uterus. Before attempting to do any treatments, we first addressed the issues before us and did surgery to remove both. After the surgery then we attempted on our own while we prepared our bodies for IUI. Our IUI was unsuccessful and while we prepared ourselves financially for another round or for IVF, we actually became pregnant on our own. Unfortunately, we lost that pregnancy as well, reason why we are back to Dr. Loy and CRM to do further testing and prepare for possible IVF this year...for which we are also preparing for financially as it is something that is not within our reach as easily.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is very accessible, they actually moved to a new building in Winter Park. They also have another location in Celebration, we have not been to that one though. We always feel welcome and it is great that we get to do everything there...we don't have to run all over the place.
My first time around my insurance covered a lot of the costs, other than IUI - which was about $1000 or a bit less. Now that my insurance changed, I'm having to pay for a bit more out of pocket. We are now preparing for IVF costs, but Dr. Loy and the clinic has been super helpful at providing us with information on grants, discounts, finance, anything that can make the procedure more accessible to us.
This has not been discussed, at least not yet. Not sure on the doctor's approach in this area.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
During one appointment, doctor [Dr. Loy] didn’t read my file before hand and tried to tell me to use a protocol that would have absolutely not worked with me. I had to advocate for myself and say no to the type of treatment he wanted to do...Strengths- knowledgeable and compassionate Weakness- too positive at times. Makes the promise of “this time next year you will either be pregnant or with baby” every time I saw him. I didn’t like that because he is promising something he cannot really predict.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] have their own lab which means I get lab results pretty fast. They gave me free samples when I couldn’t afford/ find a specific medication. Negative- they don’t have too much wiggle room on appointment times. If they schedule you for an ultrasound at a specific time, you have to change your schedule to accommodate it. They are not very flexible
Be open and honest with him and you will be surprised by how kind and accommodating he is.
During one appointment, doctor didn’t read my file before hand and tried to tell me to use a protocol that would have absolutely not worked with me. I had to advocate for myself and say no to the type of treatment he wanted to do.
Cycles 1,2,3: 5mh letrozole, ovidrel trigger, u/s monitoring and progesterone test one week after ovulation. Timed intercourse. Results: 2 negative and 1 chemical pregnancy Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy for endometriosis Cycle 4- 5mg letrozole, ovidrel and IUI. Result- miscarriage at 5weeks.
When I had my first loss (chemical pregnancy ) I didn’t know what to expect and didn’t know what a chemical pregnancy was. The nurse who delivered the news to me was very cold and unwilling to explain what dropping HCG levels meant. She seemed annoyed that I was demanding an appointment with the doctor as soon as possible.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Don’t make you wait too long before being called in. They have their own lab which means I get lab results pretty fast. They gave me free samples when I couldn’t afford/ find a specific medication. Negative- they don’t have too much wiggle room on appointment times. If they schedule you for an ultrasound at a specific time, you have to change your schedule to accommodate it. They are not very flexible
IUI- $450 Laparoscopy doctor fees out of pocket- $1400
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Score my laparoscopy surgery, I had some questions for my nurse about pre-op procedures. She told me to ask the hospital nurse. This was not right because the instructions come from the doctor not the hospital.
Orlando
Dr. Loy is very knowledgeable, he is able to answer all of our questions without hesitation. He is also very sensitive to our needs and takes the time to explain what is going on. There are times he is very busy, which then cuts into our time together. But when you schedule a sit down appointment with him, he is present with you... Dr. Loy did initial lab work, HSG, hysteroscopy and sperm analysis. This helped to give a good picture of what is going on with us and what is causing our infertility. I was found to have low ovarian reserve and as a result, we discussed using donor eggs. We then proceeded with IVF cycle.
The benefits of using this clinic [Ctr for Repro Med Orlando] is that it has moved to a new location and everything is up to date. It is also associated with an in house surgery center so that all of your procedures can take place in one setting.... Dr. Lot's nurses for the most part were nice, but I felt like I really had to advocate for myself and make them understand my situation. I definitely felt like a number when I had to interact with the surgery scheduler. She was rude and difficult to communicate with.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. He will be very willing to give you the answer
I feel like when Dr. Lou had the chance to sit with us, he treated us with respect, he was candid, and he was knowledgeable. Dr. Lot's nurses for the most part were nice, but I felt like I really had to advocate for myself and make them understand my situation. I definitely felt like a number when I had to interact with the surgery scheduler. She was rude and difficult to communicate with.
Dr. Loy's primary nursing staff is sometimes difficult to get a hold of. There are certain nurses that I've found that respond quickly and takes the time to answer my questions. It took some time for me to learn their style in order to feel satisfied in my care
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The benefits of using this clinic is that it has moved to a new location and everything is up to date. It is also associated with an in house surgery center so that all of your procedures can take place in one setting. The staff is for the most part friendly, with a few exceptions. Sometimes you do feel like just a number. The checkout process is completely disconnected to the clinical staff so sometimes your interaction with them feels strange. Example, I found out I miscarried and the checkout person cheerily asked me how my day was going, even though clearly I had been crying. The surgery scheduler Heidi is the worst part of the clinic. Trying to get in touch with her is almost impossible and she has no warmth about her. Her attitude is not in line with what a fertility clinic is supposed to be about. She will call you after hours and request a call back, but the phone number she provides is usually shut down and forwarded to an answering service. When you call back the next day, her response was that she was in the office and doesn't understand why you didn't call her back. The finance person Ricardo is mostly professional, but communication is very poor. He has told us that there have been couples that yell at him, but when dealing with thousands of dollars and pressures of infertility, better communication would probably ease some of the tension.
17,500 for treatments in the clinic. Over 20,000 including medications
Dr. Loy left the decision to us as to whether we would implant a single embryo vs multiple embryos. He was able to tell us the pros and cons of either decision and also give us risks and benefits.

2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr Jaffe listened to me and told me with a lot of conviction during my consultation that it was her mission to get me pregnant. I appreciated her caution with my treatment protocol since I had to leave her care after it was revealed that I had endometrial hyperplasia. I had to be released by a Gynecologic oncologist to go back to her. She wasn’t aggressive with my meds since she knew my hormones played into my diagnosis...I liked how blunt she was. She layed all the vitamins she wanted us to take on the table with what they would do for our chances. Not too many. She didn’t push us to do PGS testing since we couldn’t afford it. She supported my wish to transfer two embryos.
Strengths [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are nursing and lab staff, more than one location, super knowledgeable and kind doctors, ease of setting up payment options for procedures outside of your scope. Weaknesses would be price (but I’m sure that is not unique) but we certainly found it worth it when we had our baby...staff were so friendly...Judy [nurse] was super organized and very considerate of the fact that we were somewhat long distance patients. She made sure to explain everything to me or get someone else to if she was unsure, which was a rare occasion.
If you want a doctor who is dangerously aggressive and sugar coats, she will not be good for you. She takes your health into account and she is blunt but not rude about the plan.
Dr Jaffe listened to me and told me with a lot of conviction during my consultation that it was her mission to get me pregnant. I appreciated her caution with my treatment protocol since I had to leave her care after it was revealed that I had endometrial hyperplasia. I had to be released by a Gynecologic oncologist to go back to her. She wasn’t aggressive with my meds since she knew my hormones played into my diagnosis. Her staff were so friendly too.
I am not sure what my protocol was considered. It has been two years. I know it included a drug to help keep my estrogen levels on the lower side. My retrieval was done by a male doctor who was extremely friendly. It yielded 21 follicles. 14 made it to day 5 blastocysts and we ended up with 8 embryos that were frozen and transferred a few months later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Judy)
Judy was super organized and very considerate of the fact that we were somewhat long distance patients. She made sure to explain everything to me or get someone else to if she was unsure, which was a rare occasion.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths are nursing and lab staff, more than one location, super knowledgeable and kind doctors, ease of setting up payment options for procedures outside of your scope. Weaknesses would be price (but I’m sure that is not unique) but we certainly found it worth it when we had our baby.
Our transfer was $17,000. Medications cost around $5,000. We paid for medications out of pocket and had a loan for the transfer.
My doctor typically does eSET especially if you get PGS or PGD testing but since we couldn’t afford the testing and I was 37, she said two embryos were fine. Glad we did it. We got one baby out of it.
Orlando

CRM always seemed to run like a well oiled machine. They were always running on time, everyone knew what was going on and it was always clean. I never saw anything out of place. They are a very efficient office.... We LOVED all of the nurses! They were all very knowledgeable and compassionate, they always seemed to be very cheerful as well. Leading up to my embryo transfer I ended up getting shingles. I had already stated my PIO injections, we were about two weeks away from the transfer. I
My husband and I both loved Dr.Loy. Our first meeting with him was so through, he sat and talked with us for over an hour, answering all of our questions. Prior to our first appointment he had reviewed my entire file from my previous doctor, so he knew my history inside and out, which was so nice. I did't have to explain everything we had already been through. He even drew diagrams when needed to make sure we fully understood the whole process. He made us feel very confident, without being unrealistic, about what we could expect from our treatment with him. We will definitely use him again when we are ready for another IVF round.
If I was talking to a prospective patient of Dr.Loy's I would let them know that they are in great hands, probably some of the best hands in central Florida. He will be honest with you about your situation and what you can expect from your treatment.
From day one, I never felt like "just a number" at CRM. All of the nurses, Dr.Loy (and other doctors at the office) and even front desk staff were so helpful, caring and very compassionate. They deal with infertility all day every day but they always made me feel like our battle with infertility was important to them, I felt as though they wanted us to have a family just as much as we wanted it for ourselves. We had such a great experience with Dr.Loy and CRM that we were sad when we were referred back to my regular OB/GYN.
We LOVED all of the nurses! They were all very knowledgeable and compassionate, they always seemed to be very cheerful as well. Leading up to my embryo transfer I ended up getting shingles. I had already stated my PIO injections, we were about two weeks away from the transfer. I already knew in my heart that our transfer was probably not going to happen that month because of the shingles. I went in for an appointment and, as I already suspected, they confirmed that our transfer would have to be postponed. I immediately burst into tears. The nurse hugged me, gave me tissues and reassured me that our transfer would still happen, just not quite yet. She was so sweet and understanding, I will never forget her. She was literally a shoulder for me to cry on.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Just like the rest of the office, my ultrasound appointments were always very smooth with no issues. They always ran on time and I could schedule them at a day and time (within reason, most of these appointments had to be on a specific day depending on where I was in my cycle) that worked for my schedule.
I can't remember exactly, but I think we paid around $13,000 for all of my treatment, not including medications.
When we started with Dr.Loy we were unsure if we wanted to transfer one or two embryos. He reviewed all the risks associated with a singleton pregnancy as well as a pregnancy with multiples. Ultimately, he said for my height and weight (5'6", 140 pounds) if I wanted to transfer two embryos my body would mostly likely do fine if I ended up with twins. After talking it over with my husband (multiple times lol) we decided to just transfer one embryo.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Jaffe was nonjudgmental and seemed invested in my journey to become a single mother by choice and seemed confident that we would be able to achieve that. She was dissapointed by setbacks, but didn't show any interest in giving up.... Embryo transfer cycle 1 seemed standard. Cycle 2 we switched from progesterone cream to injection. After failed 2nd cycle, performed an ERA test as well as 3rd egg retrieval with genetic testing. Also additional blood work done. 3rd cycle we switched to IM estrogen and added hepron injections. After 3rd cycle failed, we decided to do 3 months on lupron and try a 4th cycle, which ultimately resulted pregnancy and my daughter.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] seem to change over frequently. I had several lead nurses assigned to me. Some were more compationate and personable than others. Often my prescriptions were not called in to the pharmacy on dates there were supposed to and I had to call the clinic to request they send... Nice facility with plenty of appointment availability. Seems to be high nursing staff turnover. Billing department didn't seem to always understand how my insurance works - I guess they aren't used to dealing with insurance. Doctors are all very friendly.
Ask lots of questions to be sure you fully understand what is being recommended and what the next steps are.
Dr Jaffe personally called me after my 3rd failed transfer to let me know she was also disapointed and what next steps/recommendations were for the next attempt
Egg retrieval cycles were all about the same. Embryo transfer cycle 1 seemed standard. Cycle 2 we switched from progesterone cream to injection. After failed 2nd cycle, performed an ERA test as well as 3rd egg retrieval with genetic testing. Also additional blood work done. 3rd cycle we switched to IM estrogen and added hepron injections. After 3rd cycle failed, we decided to do 3 months on lupron and try a 4th cycle, which ultimately resulted pregnancy and my daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: changed several times)
The nursing staff seem to change over frequently. I had several lead nurses assigned to me. Some were more compationate and personable than others. Often my prescriptions were not called in to the pharmacy on dates there were supposed to and I had to call the clinic to request they send.
Insurance covered most costs
Dr Jaffe seemed to prefer elective single embryo transfer because it is better for the health of the mother and baby. Twins (or higher order multiples) are high risk pregnancies.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Nurses on several occasions forgot to call in prescriptions

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Silva was a great Doctor however, because of they way the practice handled things it wasn’t a personal experience for me and I felt that I had to fight to see my doctor... Dr. Silva had an awesome bedside manner. He had a great way of calming me down. When he knew I was getting upset. I felt like he listened to me and took my input seriously. He always kept a positive outlook on my treatment...He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal....They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Bring questions and a notebook. He gives very thorough advice and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted. He knew what medication would work for me and knew I didn’t want to waste time. I ended up responding better when he increased the dosage of my ovulation induction medication but unfortunately it ended in a loss of pregnancy very early on.
They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed. They were always friendly but I received a lot of misleading information from them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal. She got to know me pretty well over the years and was always comforting and kind. I never had any issues with check in or billing but I definitely think they need to focus more on their patient care!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My insurance only covered office visits with a copay and monitoring. Over the course of my treatment I’ve paid roughly $13,000.00
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
There were multiple times that I was not notified of specific instructions on medication administration. I had a few times where my results were not sent to me in a timely manner as well as needing to cancel an iui cycle because they prescribed the wrong medication.
Celso Silva