6.9

795 Primera Blvd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

if you need that extra bedside manner to make you feel comfortable I don't think she [Dr. Jaffe] is the right match for that personality...I wish we would've felt like we were having more attention paid to us...We did not hear anything or recieve any advice or discussion after the 2nd [IUI] failed. Made a consultation and the plan just remained the same. I asked many questions and asked if I should have blood rechecked etc etc and I was simply ignored not sure if this was the staff who was blocking this discussion with Dr. though.
Some [nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine] were nicer than others.. but overall it just felt like a lot of unneeded anxiety from never knowing the answers to the questions to giving us the options to do things if "we wanted to."...If your cycle happens to fall or trigger or IUI on the weekend- it is very stressful to try and get intouch with the Dr. or the staff bc you have to go through a call center...Very clean clinic, I feel safe and seems like a good place to be. Everything is on site which is great.
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Sharon is very very smart and definitely knows what she is doing but when you come as a patient that is scared and has never imagined they would be doing fertility treatments or that you would like a deeper explanation bc you want to know what is going to be happening to your body and WHY? Or if you need that extra bedside manner to make you feel comfortable I don't think she is the right match for that personality. If you don't need any of that then she probably would be perfect. I wish we would've felt like we were having more attention paid to us. To us this was a very delicate emotional rollercoaster in our lives and we need that compassion and patience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
You have to advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
The first meeting with Dr. Jaffe I felt very good minus some speeding through discussion about treatment and having us answer questions to what we preferred when we didn't even understand what we were answering. I feel that some of my blood work was rushed through and could of been rechecked after failed treatment. We felt like we wanted to know more details and we would get vague answers from original paperwork given copied and pasted to our questions not from Dr. Jaffe but from her nursing staff. Nothing was changed after each fail and that was very frustrating or extra effort to help my husband achieve more sperm. We had to advocate for ourselves to freeze sperm. Just felt like a rush to get through 3 IUI and then next IVF. Very little contact with the Dr. if we wanted to talk to her again we had to get in line for another consultation.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Initial consultation, discussion and blood work up. Followed with plan for 3 IUI with letrozole and trigger shot. I was already ovulating on my own and she thought this may help my egg just become a more viable one... Then the IUI to help my husband sperm get to the egg. We did not hear anything or recieve any advice or discussion after the 2nd failed. Made a consultation and the plan just remained the same. I asked many questions and asked if I should have blood rechecked etc etc and I was simply ignored not sure if this was the staff who was blocking this discussion with Dr. though.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
There were several nurses that would respond or call us back. Some were nicer than others.. but overall it just felt like a lot of unneeded anxiety from never knowing the answers to the questions to giving us the options to do things if "we wanted to." One nurse in particular was pretty short and very easily annoyed with questions from us almost was condescending. While we are not Dr. we both were very good at educating ourselves and reading and researching so we had valid questions and concerns. I believe if we were talking to Dr. Jaffe she would have answered all our questions - quickly - but not impatiently.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean clinic, I feel safe and seems like a good place to be. Everything is on site which is great. Weaknesses seems to be a lot of people there all the time which adds to the feeling like a number. Things have gotten disorganized or my appointments mixed up and sat in the waiting room for far too long over an hour sometimes. When we had to wait an hour on an IUI day it was very concerning bc we knew it was time sensitive and made us feel like a number. Another weakness is the way you have to contact the clinic on the weekend. If your cycle happens to fall or trigger or IUI on the weekend- it is very stressful to try and get intouch with the Dr. or the staff bc you have to go through a call center and say its URGENT and we would've missed a call 1 minute from the nurse and then call back and the call center people won't transfer you or be difficult taking your message and we had to be like THEY JUST CALLED US
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Consultation and visits $50, monthly storage $60, Medications some covered by insurance some not $5-500 depending on what medication. Bloodwork $30-60? IUI $450. Each IUI overall about $800 (Our insurance covered the Ultra-sounds thankfully)

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Patel stayed late to just work us into her super booked up schedule and she didn't rush us at all...She listened to our concerns and we wanted recommendations for a counselor and she provided us those contacts...She changed our protocol for the next IUI and we even met again after the IUI did not work with a new plan based on how we were feeling...
[nurse of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]she is always responsive and seeks answers from Dr. Patel but also is very educated giving explanations and is also very compassionate...[cost]about IUI 550-1000 depending on what medicine is ordered and how many Ultra sounds were needed...[clinic weakness]: Sees a lot of patients so not always on time and feel like number when things get out of order.
How was your experience with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Patel has the extra skill in a Dr. we were looking for shes not only extremely smart and passionate about what she does but she is kind and compassionate and never makes you feel stupid for questions or concerns. She even listens to your input for those of us who know our bodies very well. We are excited to see if we can have a better outcome with her and feel if IUI does not work she will tailor the next step to us individually.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Just be calm and be yourself she is there to listen and answer she cares. You are not on a time crunch and she is not judging you. Also, advocate for yourself since you are not her only patient you may have to give reminders.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Patel stayed late to just work us into her super booked up schedule and she didn't rush us at all I was shocked that our entire appointment took over 2 hours and we discussed a full hour with her any and everything we wanted and she even would educate us along the way without us having to feel like we were asking oto may questions or leading us to not have any questions at all. She listened to our concerns and we wanted recommendations for a counselor and she provided us those contacts. She changed our protocol for the next IUI and we even met again after the IUI did not work with a new plan based on how we were feeling. Also, asked for additional bloodwork and as I suspected it may be different - it was now maybe we will be able to identify another problem that was working against all our attempts. I don't feel a one size fits all... she's very patient compassionate and kind. She made us feel like we shouldn't give up and cares about our story. She is extremely smart as well! Also, will respond to our portal messages through a nurse but you can tell it is her response not just generic of the nurse. We are excited to see what happens with her next.
Nursing staff is so much better for some reason. Donna stands out to us the most as she is always responsive and seeks answers from Dr. Patel but also is very educated giving explanations and is also very compassionate. I have not gotten any I dont know responses from Patel nursing staff where other nursing staff it seemed like only the Dr. knew the answers to anything that wasnt in our original packet of information
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean center with nicest equipment seems to have a good New Patient organization to ramp you up on fertility education and the process. Cons: Sees a lot of patients so not always on time and feel like number when things get out of order.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
2018 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Sejal Patel] Gave information clearly with the understanding of how the transfers work. I felt she was providing the information that was specific to my case...From the first moment we meet Dr. Patel we felt that we were on a journey together. With using a GC its like reading a training manual. You start with part 1 then move to part 2 and so on. The best part is that we were guided along the way and never had to worry about what the next step was. Checking off each step was satisfying and made us feel that we were flipping to the next page.
The only small complaint [about Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] would be the size of the waiting room. Its super tiny and with so many individuals there for so many reasons being crapped inside a small room gets to be awkward :) other then that, the clinic is great...Rishona is by far the best [nurse] at her job. She is compassionate, kind, intelligent and is never afraid to tell you how it is. Rishona has made this process seamless and truly a wonderful person.
Be patience...its a lot to take on with fertility...just take each experience as a new step in the process. Sometimes you have to back-flip a page, other times you get to skip a whole chapter. Just know in the end you absolutely deserve this!
Describe the protocols Sejal Patel used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
We started off with a medicine controlled transfer. That treatment did stick with the GC. We tried one more routine with it being controlled with medicine, but ended up with too much liquid and had to cancel the transfer. The third attempt we did natural, no medicine. It was a much easier task to undergo. We are now 12 weeks pregnant and have to pinch myself everyday!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Rishona Teres)
Rishona is by far the best at her job. She is compassionate, kind, intelligent and is never afraid to tell you how it is. Rishona has made this process seamless and truly a wonderful person.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The only small complaint would be the size of the waiting room. Its super tiny and with so many individuals there for so many reasons being crapped inside a small room gets to be awkward :) other then that, the clinic is great.
We are using a GC agency so the costs are run through that agency. There were small out of pocket for blood tests, screening etc.
Describe Sejal Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Dr. Patel highly recommended the eSET as both parties didn't have any issues with getting pregnant and worried both embryo's would take. The risks of multiple embryo's is not worth the potential of loosing both embryo's.

2020, Unknown Success
Many doctors, including my last one, wanted to blame my weight as a major factor for infertility. However, Dr. Patel seemed understanding and gave us lots of help to get us to a healthy place without making me feel bad. ... But we were referred to a urologist for the MI issues, I have been on the Mediterranean diet and on a course of vitamins. ...
It’s [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] nice and new and clean. ... They have a patient portal that makes it easy to reach out directly to the nurses. They are quick to respond and easy to talk to. ... I felt comfortable. The maybe only negative is that it’s a little hard to find. It’s in a medical complex. But otherwise it’s very nice and a highly recommended it. ... They have a patient portal that makes it easy to reach out directly to the nurses. They are quick to respond and easy to talk to.
It was refreshing to have a doctor who was so positive and gave us hope again. She gave us hope and got us excited for round two! She also helped guide us to eating right and vitamins which makes me feel more in control. I real like working with her.
Go as soon as possible. She will work with you and really help you feel comfortable! Don’t wait because you are afraid or embarrassed! She will find a way to make it work for you.
We actually had to pause because of the pandemic. But we were referred to a urologist for the MI issues, I have been on the Mediterranean diet and on a course of vitamins.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It’s nice and new and clean. I don’t know what else is important to mention. I felt comfortable. The maybe only negative is that it’s a little hard to find. It’s in a medical complex. But otherwise it’s very nice and a highly recommended it.
I only paid for the testing so far but they have many options, including some financing options.

2020, Consult
In early stages of working with Dr. Loy and his staff, but so far they have been wonderful. Have taken the time to establish a relationship with myself and my husband, and to talk through our issues/questions...has been amazing. He has taken the time to understand what our needs are, and to answer any questions we’ve has so far during this process. I look forward to continuing treatment with him as our RE.
Pamela [nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] has been amazing so far! She has been a great resource for any questions that come up, and has been quick to return any calls...Very knowledgeable, friendly and caring staff. Clinic has its own surgery center, which is extremely convenient. Does not do batch cycles, which I very much appreciate, and allows for treatment to continue 7 days/week.
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Again, still in early stages and am currently waiting to start our first IVF cycle, but so far Dr. Loy has been amazing. He has taken the time to understand what our needs are, and to answer any questions we’ve has so far during this process. I look forward to continuing treatment with him as our RE.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Make sure to ask any and all questions you have!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Have not stated my first IVF cycle yet, due to Covid-19, but will be on a traditional antagonist protocol once things resume.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Pamela)
Pamela has been amazing so far! She has been a great resource for any questions that come up, and has been quick to return any calls.
Orlando
They [staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] have no negatives to me at all they are very professional and handle appointments in a timely manner. Their offices are nice and very comfortable. I have heard of other places that seem unpleasant so I’m thankful that CRM has a great environment...They [nurses] are the best team ever!!!!...She [Dr. Sejal Patel] treats me with so much care, concern and love. I feel like she is a family member....On my second attempt I used a natural approach. Meaning less meds and less doctors visits. She looked over my last treatment and seen that I did get pregnant but the baby didn’t stay due to my hormones dropping. This time around she gave me less meds and allowed my body to feel it on its own. I’m not pregnant and grateful...The first time I met her; I had to give her a huge hug. She is the best!!!
She rocks! She explains everything to me in normal people terminology meaning not doctors words. She is hands on and really cares about her patients! I travel over 2 1/2 hours to go to her center to see her even though I have an IVF center here where I live.
Be patient, listen to her because she knows her craft and stay positive
She treats me with so much care, concern and love. I feel like she is a family member. The first time I met her; I had to give her a huge hug. She is the best!!!
They are the best team ever!!!!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They have no negatives to me at all they are very professional and handle appointments in a timely manner. Their offices are nice and very comfortable. I have heard of other places that seem unpleasant so I’m thankful that CRM has a great environment
Celebration
Missed information. Lack of follow through [from Dr. Sharon Jaffe]...Negative. Not actively managed. Didn’t follow up and make sure I was in the right dosages. Frequently made decisions off of inaccurate decisions. Never explained well. I was put on 5 different medications and didn’t understand why. After asking was told to not
Good hours and location [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] . Flexible staff. Nice office. Frequently waited longer for Negative experience with one of the doctors...Overall good positive general clinic...Negative. Not actively managed. Didn’t follow up and make sure I was in the right dosages. Frequently made decisions off of inaccurate decisions. Never explained well. I was put on 5 different medications and didn’t understand why. After asking was told to not
Missed information. Lack of follow through.
Negative
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Good hours and location . Flexible staff. Nice office. Frequently waited longer for Negative experience with one of the doctors ................(..;…................ Overall good positive general clinic.
Our insurance provides good coverage

2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
I did 2 Egg Retrieval cycles, antagonist protocol. The first cycle only achieved 8 eggs. The second cycle achieved 15 eggs. The difference between the two cycles was that Dr. Jaffe allowed me to stim 2 more days the second time therefore allowing more follicles to grow. I was happy about this adjustment in my treatment...is patient and willing to answer all questions that we had. She recommended lifestyle changes we needed to make for maximum results. She is straight forward and honest.
Altogether we have paid about $50, 000 [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] and we haven't even gotten to transfer yet...we were offered a "package" through Attain Fertility. We signed up for the 2 cycle IVF program, for $25, 700. However this doesn't cover any of the egg retrieval procedures, or the anesthesia used. It doesn't cover any medications or PGS (genetic testing). We also pay $60 a month for the storage of our eggs...This clinic just built a brand new office with more treatment rooms on the second floor and a surgery center on the main floor. This means everything about your care is completed in one location. They operate pretty much on time, give or take 15 minutes. The front office is always kind and courteous.
Dr. Jaffe was present at our first initial consultations as we learned about the IVF treatment plan I would be experiencing. When I began treatment and went to the office for blood work and ultrasounds, these were done by 5he nurses or techs. Dr. Jaffe has 2-3 nurses that work directly with her that would review my test results and call me that afternoon with results. If I had a question or concern I could call the nurses or send an email through the portal. Dr. Jaffe did perform 1 ultrasound on me as I got closer to egg retrieval. She performed my second egg retrieval.
She is very knowledgeable about infertility, but sometimes talks very fast and throws alot of information at you during your initial diagnosis/ consultation. Ask her to slow down and take notes. Write down any questions you have beforehand so you don't forget.
Dr. Jaffe is patient and willing to answer all questions that we had. She recommended lifestyle changes we needed to make for maximum results. She is straight forward and honest.
The nurses are very knowledgeable and compassionate. They reply promptly to any phone or portal message. The nurses call to report new information about blood work and ultrasounds during a stim cycle in preparation for an egg retrieval. They were very patient when teaching me about all the stim medications and how they should be mixed and administered.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Our insurance doesn't cover anything related to infertility, therefore we were offered a "package" through Attain Fertility. We signed up for the 2 cycle IVF program, for $25, 700. However this doesn't cover any of the egg retrieval procedures, or the anesthesia used. It doesn't cover any medications or PGS (genetic testing). We also pay $60 a month for the storage of our eggs. There are a few other things along the way that are also not covered. Altogether we have paid about $50, 000 and we haven't even gotten to transfer yet.
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Because of my age (40) I was told we would only be transferring a single embryo, when the time comes in May or June.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Patel was patient and friendly and knowledgeable. I remember thinking she was the best doctor I’d ever had. I believe now she has taken on too many patients, or she is taking more time off because I haven’t seen her in over a year...Know that you will be seeing her PA and partner doctors for most of your appointments...The first time I saw Dr. Patel, she was amazing and I felt like she was determined to get us pregnant.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are open on weekends and are good about squeezing you in when needed. The office staff is friendly and professional. Appointments are quick, and they usually run on time. Depending on your doctor’s schedule, expect to see one of the other doctors in the practice from time to time (although they are all good)...The first time I used Dr. Patel, her nurses were amazing and followed up with me to make sure i was on track and understanding next steps. They have not done any of that this time around (3 years later).
The first time I saw Dr. Patel, she was amazing and I felt like she was determined to get us pregnant. She was warm and caring, yet informative and direct. I am “seeing” her again for a year now, and I have not seen her once, only her PA, Heather. Heather is sweet and knowledgeable, but I feel like it’s just business this time.
I used Letrizole for one cycle to see how i was ovulating. Then I used Letrizole + a trigger shot + IUI, which resulted in a healthy baby. She diagnosed me with PCOS and said that sometimes I ovulate and sometimes I don’t. She thought and trigger shot and IUI was the best fit for me.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are open on weekends and are good about squeezing you in when needed. The office staff is friendly and professional. Appointments are quick, and they usually run on time. Depending on your doctor’s schedule, expect to see one of the other doctors in the practice from time to time (although they are all good).
Diagnostic testing was covered under insurance, so only small copays. Once diagnosed, everything else came to approximately $1300.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
This time around (currently still going), I was told my doctor was calling in a particular medication, but according to my bloodwork, I did not understand why (indicator was in range). When I called the office, I spoke with the doctor’s PA. She did not know why I was prescribed the medication and it took some digging to find out why. We went back and forth about it, and they ended up sending me to an endocrinologist.
Celebration

When speaking with Dr. Patel I felt like she was championing my journey. I wish I could see more of her throughout the process. She made my husband and I feel comfortable with her and she truly gained our trust, which is usually difficult for my husband. She made us feel like she was just as invested as we were to help us become parents....Our final round of IUI we came to the conclusion to do a more aggressive form of IUI with Letrozole (5 days) plus Gonal F shots (5-6 days) to help my follicles grow, trigger shot, and IUI...I felt like she was championing my journey. I wish I could see more of her throughout the process. She made my husband and I feel comfortable with her and she truly gained our trust, which is usually difficult for my husband. She made us feel like she was just as invested as we were to help us become parents.
The Celebration office [of Center for Reproductive Medicine] which I would go to mostly was small and homey. The staff got to know my husband and I much better than in the Winter Park location. The Winter Park location was larger and you almost felt like just another number going through there. The staff is fantastic which is their biggest strength. But you loose that one on one quality time when you go to such a big location.
Tell her everything you expect from the process so she can adjust to you. You don't have to adjust to the craziness of the office.
When in her presence I felt like a human, I felt like she had the same goal as me, she understood my frustrations. However, for follow ups and some monitoring I felt a bit like a number.
At first we did one round of Letrozole (5 days) with a trigger shot and relations. We then moved on to two rounds of IUI with Letrozole (5 days), trigger shot, and IUI. Our final round of IUI we came to the conclusion to do a more aggressive form of IUI with Letrozole (5 days) plus Gonal F shots (5-6 days) to help my follicles grow, trigger shot, and IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Heather (Nurse Practioner) and Jennifer (nurse))
The staff was very helpful in answering all of my crazy questions. They have an online portal which I would use to schedule all my appointments and ask all kinds of questions and they were so kind each and every time.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
There are two clinics for CRM. The Celebration office which I would go to mostly was small and homey. The staff got to know my husband and I much better than in the Winter Park location. The Winter Park location was larger and you almost felt like just another number going through there. The staff is fantastic which is their biggest strength. But you loose that one on one quality time when you go to such a big location.
Luckily for us our IUI's were covered under my insurance. However, as we move onto IVF we've seen that our out of pocket cost will be about $14K.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Lab, ultrasounds and surgery center [CRM Orlando] are all on site which is a huge plus. Results are usually ready same day unless biopsies. Surgery center, though onsite, is a different entity so be prepare for that to go to towards different deductible.Has several doctors so your cycles can proceed even if yours is off. Con would be that it may be a different doctor for every surgery which I do not prefer. Many doctors and large office are great but this also means they’re helping MANY patients
He’s clearly very knowledgeable in his field. This is comforting to work with someone who seems to know every in and out. But at times he was almost too clinical and did not have much of a bedside manner. He is compassionate in terms of cancelled/failed cycles but not overly so. He takes time to acknowledge how difficult it is to go through this but he doesn’t linger on it and moves right into next protocol. Our first transfer with donor egg resulted in pregnancy but ended up having trisomy 21. We were obviously devastated and having a hard time wrapping our heads around payment for another cycle and potential PGS testing costs and he did work with us to offer a small discount which we greatly appreciated. Overall he is kind but it’s clear he has too much on his plate/too many patients. As mentioned before I’ve had to remind him on a few things that we would need to do or not do based on my situation.Also in the beginning he told us he thought there was 95% chance Ivf would work with our own eggs- we turned out to be the 5%. I think communication could also be better. For example we went through 3 weeks of one cycle (doing Lupron injections and estrogen) and it ended up being cancelled because I wasn’t responding. It wasn’t until our follow up with him that he told us estrogen was rising, but slowly and on the low side. This is something we would have liked to know during the cycle to brace ourselves for the possibility of cancellation. We were totally blindsided when it was cancelled. We also made it to transfer on another cycle, and on it the day of we experienced some confusion. For one, he was not the doctor performing the transfer. They tell you that other doctors may do your surgeries but you are usually told who at the pre-op. He didn’t say anything about it being anyone else so i didn’t think to ask. This threw us because our transfers tend to be complicated due to my cervix passage and uterus position. I was also to be under anesthesia for my transfer which you can’t drink water for. And the doctor on call that day seemed to be confused why I didn’t have a full bladder and why I was getting fluids through IV. He ended up making me drink water and the anesthesiologist understandably had to wait until the water moved from my stomach to do the transfer, which was a 2 hour delay. It’s obvious Dr. Loy did not leave clear notes or talk to this doctor beforehand. Or the doctor did not pay attention to any notes left by him, so either way communication is an issue.
Do not be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. If you don’t understand something try to ask in that moment. It can be intimidating to question a doctor on his protocols or have them breakdown something in simpler terms for you but that is why you’re all there! So that you’re all on the same page and all feel confident in next steps. You shouldn’t leave an appointment not understanding your plan or having doubts about it. He can read your chart all day but nobody knows you better than you.
We learned early to expect that we would not see Dr. Loy at every appointment and we’re mostly ok with that. But the meetings we do get with him feel progressively more and more rushed the longer we’ve been patients. We always come in with a list of questions and sometimes he seems bothered by so many questions and gets noticeably impatient. Also a couple of times I’ve had to remind him of things specific to my situation which makes me feel he’s got too much on his plate to play close attention. When I bring these things up though he is willing to change protocol and accommodate us. We had one cancelled cycle that really made us feel like a number versus a human this year. We thought everything was going well and made it to our pre-op. On that day my lining had thinned a little and he said as long as estrogen hasn’t fallen off we should be good. Well of course estrogen had dropped so I got a call at 6pm (appmnt had been much earlier that day) and the nurse was very blunt and cold- “your cycle has been cancelled please call on your next cycle day 1.” She didn’t even mention what estrogen level was, I had to ask specifically what happened and why it was cancelled. She told me she couldn’t answer any questions only the dr could and I was very obviously upset and she offered no comfort and getting information was like pulling teeth. After I asked several questions which she said she could not answer she finally asked if I would like a follow up and offered me one for a week later. I had to explain why I would want one as soon as possible and she ended up finding one for me the next day. I know those calls can’t be easy but her attitude made it clear she didn’t really care and just wanted to get on with it.
Don’t remember exactly the protocol for retrieving with my own eggs. I know there was cetrotide, gonal f, tigger shot and something else I can’t remember. This resulted in 3 eggs, 2 fertilized, 0 blastocyst. He said it was the strongest protocol he would give to someone like me (small frame, diminished ovarian reserve) and next step would have to be donor eggs. With donor eggs we used Lupron and estrogen and progesterone and I responded “textbook” to these and transfer was a success but ultimately had to terminate for chromosomal issues. Next cycle we did same protocol because it had previously worked but i did not respond as well. Third try we did letrazole protocol which had good results but transfer did not result in pregnancy. Our next try we are doing estrogen protocol. He was going to do Lupron again but I had to remind that though this did work once it didn’t the second time so we’re trying something new.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Venus)
Overall I’ve liked the staff. I have dealt with only 2 who could use some help with bedside manner. One was one I hadn’t worked with at all until she called to advise of our cancelled cycle. The other is one who is not my primary nurse but seems to step in when my primary is out. She is nice enough but overall demeanor is not very warm. She seems a little annoyed when I ask too many questions. Venus my primary though is very nice and though we don’t speak on the phone much ( all correspondence through the portal) I feel much more comfortable talking with her and asking her questions. She’s very patient. If I ask questions she can’t quite an answer she’ll let me know she is checking with the dr and responds by end of day typically. Phlebotomist and ultrasound techs are also very friendly. Finance is very nice as well and willing to answer many questions and check on anything you ask them to.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Lab, ultrasounds and surgery center are all on site which is a huge plus. Results are usually ready same day unless biopsies. Surgery center, though onsite, is a different entity so be prepare for that to go to towards different deductible.Has several doctors so your cycles can proceed even if yours is off. Con would be that it may be a different doctor for every surgery which I do not prefer. Many doctors and large office are great but this also means they’re helping MANY patients so I think communication and attention to detail struggle because of that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Approx $13k for egg retrieval $17.5k for donor eggs (lot of 6 with one embryo guarantee) $2.2k for FET Does not include meds, hysteroscopies (3), biopsies
Describe Randall Loy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
He strongly recommends single embryo transfer for me as I have a pretty small frame and he believes multiples will be difficult for me to carry.
Orlando

In my first consultation Dr. Patel was extremely thorough in my work up and miscarriage history...Unfortunately my second cycle ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks for unknown reasons. Dr.Patel acted quickly to preserve the pregnancy for a D&C to obtain genetic test...preference is single [transfer] to minimize risk to both mother and babies...has called me directly to discuss results. She remembers our past conversations and questions I’ve had. She has been empathetic throughout this process
[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando is] open on the weekends for ovary checks and the team of other REs are flexible to see you for emergencies...it can be difficult to get ahold of...is easier to get a response through their portal messages than calling...Failed to provide results has happened as well as failed to call in or refill medications
In my first consultation Dr. Patel was extremely thorough in my work up and miscarriage history. At my “results” visit she went over every result and what the treatment plan for it was. Unfortunately my second cycle ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks for unknown reasons. Dr.Patel acted quickly to preserve the pregnancy for a D&C to obtain genetic test. She has since been working with Dr. Kliman at Yale for his endometrial function test on the D&C products as well as an EFT within an IVF cycle. She has been warm, empathetic and thorough throughout my journey
Be very clear with her nursing staff. It is easier to get a response through their portal messages than calling
She has called me directly to discuss results. She remembers our past conversations and questions I’ve had. She has been empathetic throughout this process
The first two cycles were times intercourse with trigger injections. We used clomid day 3-7 after ovary check, then checked day 14 for tigger injection with low dose steroids, followed by progesterone suppository until pregnancy testing. This was coupled with daily baby aspirin, prenantal vitamins, metformin 1500 a day, and vitamin D
They can be short and unclear at times but clear messages to them result in clear responses
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The strengths include the connected surgery center, they’re open on the weekends for ovary checks and the team of other REs are flexible to see you for emergencies if Dr. Patel isn’t in. Weakness is it can be difficult to get ahold of the nursing team and/or Dr Patel
I don’t recall exact costs. A biopsy was roughly 500$ medications ranged from 8-60$ and my hysteroscopy with anesthesia was 2000$
Dr. Patel’s preference is single to minimize risk to both mother and babies

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Jaffe and I have had a long standing relationship. She helped me conceive my son in 2017. She is a great human being. She does not put herself on a pedestal and treat you like you are any different from her. The 2nd time around, She fully explained what little Hope I had conceiving again with my own eggs at my age but fully understood I wanted to try before moving on .
it’s expensive but great team all together [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]. When you are at the RE stage you know you are going to have to fork out some money They are all professionals and know what they’re talking about. They are very educated and their labs and embryologists are some of the best in the nation. I have utmost faith in my clinic ... Judy is amazing!! She is tough as nails but inside she is a big teddy bear with her own heart wrenching and heartwarming story ...Judy has her people that have got into her personal space and those of us that have know what a wonderful being she is
If you’re looking for a “sweetheart everything is going to work all in your favor and this is going to work for you no doubt”...you are going to the wrong doctor . She is a realist and won’t set you up to be disappointed.
Dr. Jaffe is very straightforward and to the point. She is not going to sugarcoat anything or make you feel like you have more of a chance to conceive than you do. However, she is not pushy either. She is a realist . And she too, has endured her own battles.
Injectable mess first time IUI ever and it worked! Now she told me I need to move on from my own eggs but I was too stubborn. In the end, she was right.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Judy Brooks )
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
it’s expensive but great team all together . When you are at the RE stage you know you are going to have to fork out some money They are all professionals and know what they’re talking about. They are very educated and their labs and embryologists are some of the best in the nation. I have utmost faith in my clinic
20k for IVF 450.00 for IUI
Orlando

My husband is taking antibiotics to check to see if it will change his numbers. Dr Loy first wanted to make sure he has all the results he needs. He advised that we might not get presaging naturally but he will give us options to consider.... He took enough time to explain everything to us. He ordered few tests and we received follow ups call. He did not rush us, wasn't short and tried to explain everything with details. As soon as he walked to the room he started with personal questions and it felt like he tried to know us before anything else
It's very hard to get a hold of them [nurses at Center for Reprodudctive Med Orlando] by phone! They called me to let me know my genetic results came back positive and my husband has to get tested! After my husband got tested in the morning, I spoke with a genetic counselor as they advised and she told me there was no reason for my husband to be tested and she wasn't sure why they requested that! I tried to call them to cancel the test which would cost us 200$ but no one returned my call!
Don't afraid to ask questions
He was very kind and personable! He explained every thing with details, he even draw stuff for us to understand everything better
We haven't started any treatment yet! My husband is taking antibiotics to check to see if it will change his numbers. Dr Loy first wanted to make sure he has all the results he needs. He advised that we might not get presaging naturally but he will give us options to consider.
The person took my blood was very nice and I had a great conversation with her besides that other staff felt like rushing you to get things done! It's very hard to get a hold of them by phone! They called me to let me know my genetic results came back positive and my husband has to get tested! After my husband got tested in the morning, I spoke with a genetic counselor as they advised and she told me there was no reason for my husband to be tested and she wasn't sure why they requested that! I tried to call them to cancel the test which would cost us 200$ but no one returned my call! I even went there and waited in waiting room for about 30 min and no nurse showed up to meet me!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It's clean and organized. However I feel they try to push you to use their facility for every test or even surgery. 1 day before my HSG I received a call and they requested $500 deposit, I never told about that, after I said I need to reschedule they asked to transfer me to accounting department to make a payment plan which I refused and told them I need to call my insurance. The next day I showed up for my HSG test and they never asked for deposit! I feel if you chose to go to that clinic you just need to double check about payments or test to avoid unnecessary charges
Seems most of the tests are not covered by my insurance, which is not their fault however it seems if testing done in this facility the price is much higher
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
As I mentioned, they requested genetic test for my husband which if wasn't necessary considering my result and 1 day before my HSG test they requested $500 deposit! I had to call them few times for my results

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr.Rigall has always been invested and engaged in our treatment. He was honest with his expectations from day 1. When the numerous IUIs were unsuccessful, he was direct about our next steps should be moving into IVF. He always is there if we need anything whether for simple questions, or advice.... After each retrieval before we started another round we talked with Dr.Rigall and he went into depth about the protocol and the choice. He was happy to answer any of my questions, and hear my concerns.
The clinic [CRM Orlando] is immaculate. When I first started seeing Dr.Rigall they were in an older building and in the process of moving to a new building and location. I can see why they wanted to update, this facility is fantastic. The doctors offices are upstairs and the surgery center is downstairs. It is a one stop shop for all your needs. Hey babe always communicated every aspect of my treatment such as appointments, billing, and have been great with communication. As a new patient going there, everyone is very friendly and has become a part of my extended family.
How was your experience with Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Rigall came highly recommended from my OB. His experience shows in everything he does. There are two examples that come to mind. We were in our second IUI cycle, and the ultrasound tech could not find any follicles on any ovary. We saw the tech twice for an ultrasound check, back to back days. Their protocol is that your doctor will do your next scan before canceling a cycle. Dr. Rigall performed this third scan, and he found a large follicle right away. He was very compassionate and apologetic that I had to go through that rollercoaster of emotions. He then explained the issues that may have prevented the tech from seeing anything on her scans. That then was communicated to the techs for future scans and put in my file. I also learned so much, I never knew that my left ovary hides and can be difficult to see regularly. It was helpful for everyone involved. The second example is after leaving the doctor getting ready for my first IUI, I went to drop off medication at the pharmacy. The pharmacist saw Frank Rigall on the prescription and talked to me and told me that him and his wife saw him over twenty years ago. He went on for close to five minutes of how wonderful he is, and how he cared so much about them and they wouldn’t have their family without him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
This journey can be very emotional, and challenging at times. Trust in Dr.Rigall, he is here for you and wants you to succeed. Ask questions that you have, he will be happy to answer them. Don’t be afraid to question him, he wants to make the best treatment plan for you, and make you feel comfortable during the entire process. It is hard trusting someone with so much of your heart since this is ultimately how you will become a parent, but do trust him and embrace the process. Make it your own personal journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Frank Riggall used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
During my treatments we started out with IUIs. I’ve been diagnosed with unexplained infertility so we wanted to start out with an assisted and medicated cycle. All of the IUIs were the same protocol of clomid for 5 days and then a trigger shot. This was timed with scanning and determining follicle sizes. My first IVF cycle was antoginst. This cycle was almost cancelled at my treatment day 5 scan, but we stayed in at and on our treatment day 7 scan everything looked very positive. This ivf round resulted in 4 eggs retrieved. 2 were mature and fertilized. Only 1 made it to biopsy and freeze, and this embryo cane back abnormal from pgs testing. When we determined that we were going to do another cycle, I questioned the protocol that we were using. Dr.Rigall already planned on changing the protocol. The second round we fidna Lupron flare protocol. We had great results this round from start to finish. We had 7 eggs retrieved, 4 were mature and fertilized. 2 made it to biopsy and freeze. This protocol has gotten us out one and only pgs tested normal embryo that is waiting for us now. Our third ivf round was also the same protocol, the lupron flare. We didn’t have as much success this round, but still worth every minute. We had 4 eggs retrieved with only one being mature, fertilized, biopsied and frozen. Unfortunately it came back with abnormal pgs test results. After each retrieval before we started another round we talked with Dr.Rigall and he went into depth about the protocol and the choice. He was happy to answer any of my questions, and hear my concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Laurie (I actually don’t know her last name) )
Dr.Rigall had two nurses, Laurie and Courtney. I primarily interacted and communication with Laurie. I don’t have enough amazing things to say about Laurie. She was compassionate, always there, and so warm. Any question that I had, I knew I could email her on the patient portal and I would hear back very soon. Same goes for ensuring that I was clear on my protocol, timeline, appointments. Her and Dr.Rigall were a great team, I feel very fortunate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is immaculate. When I first started seeing Dr.Rigall they were in an older building and in the process of moving to a new building and location. I can see why they wanted to update, this facility is fantastic. The doctors offices are upstairs and the surgery center is downstairs. It is a one stop shop for all your needs. Hey babe always communicated every aspect of my treatment such as appointments, billing, and have been great with communication. As a new patient going there, everyone is very friendly and has become a part of my extended family.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Since I am working full time during all of my treatments I was a little worried about all of the monitoring appointments that I would need. However, they worked with me and my work schedule. I worked 5am-4pm so I would always ask for the masters possible appointment that I could get but still be able to get results when needed. They would always schedule me for a 2:30 appointment so then I would only miss the last 2 hours of my work day. They were very easy to work with, and I never had an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Riggall at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The costs seemed average as to compared to friends that were going through treatments in another state. Dr. Rigall has his own financial/billing consultant so during each step of the way I have only been communicating with one person which has been amazing. The IUIs were very reasonable. IVF is a costly treatment, but affordable with insurance. To date we have paid close to $10,000 out of pocket for clinic treatments just for ivf. This doesn’t include surgery facility fees, or medication fertility injectables are very expensive. To date we have paid close to $8,000 on medicine. We just ordered the medication that goes along with our transfer protocol as well. Moving forward though, we will have no insurance coverage. My fertility coverage is capped at $11,000. We have reached that max so everything moving forward will be out of pocket which is a little daunting, but the clinic has been wonderful working with us for making payments.
Describe Frank Riggall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
We haven’t done the transfer yet, we are actually in a holding pattern waiting on endometrial biopsy results before we start our transfer protocol. We only have one embryo so this question is a moot point for us. However, in our initial consultation Dr.Rigall did state that he would only transfer one embryo at a time. I didn’t question this because I was on board with one at a time as well. We are having complications getting pregnant, so I wanted to set our future child and myself up for success during a pregnancy.
Frank Riggall
Orlando

We just recently switched to Dr. Jaffe... Dr. Jaffe. She is honest, direct, blunt, and tells you how it is. She genuinely cares about your success, and getting you and your partner embraced in this process.... She put us on a strict diet, and multiple supplements, not only for myself but my husband too. He is now fully immersed in this process besides being my rock and my emotional support. We look forward to our next IVF cycle in June with her,
As of now we have only seen Dr. Jaffe for a consultation appointment. She did perform my very first egg retrieval since there are 5 doctors within the practice. Our friends had success with Dr. Jaffe's intense treatment plan, and they preferred her direct approach, and "tell it how it is" but with compassion. During our consultation she was honest with us in saying that our quality of eggs needs to improve if we are going to be successful in this process, and have embryos that come back pgs normal. She put us on a strict diet, and multiple supplements, not only for myself but my husband too. He is now fully immersed in this process besides being my rock and my emotional support. We look forward to our next IVF cycle in June with her, this is our 4th and probably last cycle due to no insurance coverage. Dr. Jaffe is aware of that, and wants to align us in every way possible.
You need to be prepared to have an honest and direct doctor. If you are looking for a doctor more aggressive, she is for you. She will tell you what you should be doing, if IVF won't work; she will tell you. She is compassionate even though she is direct, and I appreciate that in a doctor especially during a journey that is extremely emotional and financially taxing.
We just recently switched to Dr. Jaffe after our schedule FET was cancelled this past week due to our one and only embryo not surviving the thawing process. We have friends that have had success with Dr. Jaffe. My first doctor, Dr. Riggall is retiring in May, so we requested to resume treatment with Dr. Jaffe. She is honest, direct, blunt, and tells you how it is. She genuinely cares about your success, and getting you and your partner embraced in this process.
Since we have just started seeing Dr. Jaffe we haven't discussed exact protocol. She wants us on the supplements and vitamins for a few months prior to starting treatment. She did mention for myself doing a testosterone primer leading into injectables. This is different for me as I have not done a primer before. My very first protocol was an antagonist, and my body did not respond well to that, so we will not be doing that again. We look forward to learning the protocol that she sets for us, and embracing it!
Since the doctors are within the same clinic, I have engaged with Judy before, but never on a one on one level like we are now. She is also direct just like Dr. Jaffe, but once she learned of our FET getting canceled; her compassion was extraordinary. I could feel her care and concern, and wanting to be able to comfort me through this difficult consultation. Difficult because my husband and I were hoping that our FET would be a success, not cancelled before it even had a chance to begin. I look forward to working with Judy more.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The Center for Reproductive Medicine is an incredible facility. It starts from the second you walk in the door, the reception staff are always welcome and they begin to know you for you, and began to build a relationship. Each step of the way the clinic is second to none. They are very organized, timely, and compassionate. A weakness that they have is the finance and billing department. We have struggled in handling our our finances with them, and having to deal with money during an already stressful situation is not easy. Just make sure that you keep great records and receipts so that if there is any confusion, you can rectify the situation in a quick manner.
Under Dr. Jaffe we have only been seen for a consultation and bloodwork (AMH level, Vitamin D) My past treatments include 3 rounds of IVF, all leading to egg retreival (all 3 cycles 16,000 - had insurance) PGS testing (all 3 cycles 5,100, not included in insurance) Medication (all 3 cycles 11,000, split between self-pay and used insurance) Payed for a FET, but cancelled (4200, insurance depleted, self-pay)
We have not broached this subject yet with Dr. Jaffe, but my prior doctor was against doing anything but a eSET. Dr. Jaffe just wants to do what is best in the safest, and most successful approach.
Orlando

She [Dr. Sharon Jaffe] is truthful but with compassion. She is very intelligent and explains things well. It is a large clinic but with major procedures she tries to do them herself. My wife thought she could have been more personable but I liked her. She is not simply going to tell you what you want to hear which I think is important.... So far I have done 3 IUIs with clomid and a trigger shot. I ovulate on my own but we added clomid to possibly give me two eggs release instead of just one. I should be starting IVF within the week. The plan is antagonist protocol with no birth control. We will freeze all embryos and do genetic testing. Dr Jaffe recommends genetic testing for anyone over 35.
[CRM- Orlando's] Strengths would be convenient hours and open all days of the week. Knowledgeable about insurances (I have had 3 different ones since I began as a patient). Weakness is some issues with communication and being inconsistent on labs being placed on portal. Overall I would definitely recommend this clinic. Everyone has been kind.... The problem is there are so many people that you deal with that sometimes you feel lost in the shuffle. Nurses have always been friendly however.
She is truthful but with compassion. She is very intelligent and explains things well. It is a large clinic but with major procedures she tries to do them herself. My wife thought she could have been more personable but I liked her. She is not simply going to tell you what you want to hear which I think is important.
Make an appointment with Dr Jaffe for a consultation if you start to feel lost in the system of the big clinic.
She didn’t rush appointments and addressed questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
IUIs were approximately $1000 each with monitoring and procedure.
She strongly prefers one embryo but told me she would do 2 if not genetically tested because I am 36 with low reserve.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Sometimes I have had to reach out for next instructions in protocol rather than them calling me with what to do next.
Orlando

Dr. Randall Loy is a very experienced and knowledge reproductive endocrinologist. He explains everything in a comprehensible manner. However, I felt at times that he forgot about my diagnosis; nevertheless, he finally paid more attention to my case due to thick uterine lining which caused several delays of the embryo transfer.... I was on Enskye (a birth control pill) and I also took Estrace and Progesterone. I was successful in obtaining menses due to taking Enskye;
The clinic [Center for Repro Med] is clean and it has an attractive appearance. The staff is decent; at times they are unapproachable. You always have to leave a voicemail to doctors' nurses if you have any questions. They usually call you back a couple hours later; sometimes they forget to return your call the same day. You have to leave the voicemail before 3:00 pm. The emergency call service is somewhat reliable; the couple times that I used it, the person who had to relay the message
Dr. Randall Loy is a very experienced and knowledge reproductive endocrinologist. He explains everything in a comprehensible manner. However, I felt at times that he forgot about my diagnosis; nevertheless, he finally paid more attention to my case due to thick uterine lining which caused several delays of the embryo transfer. At the moment, he has proposed alternate protocols for me, which are in process, in order to see if it changes my situation.
Dr. Randall Loy is a very knowledgable and has good bedside manner. However, you must be prepared to remind him about your diagnosis/situation because he will forgot about your case. Patients must write questions in advance to ask him so he can inform you about your protocol.
Overall, they treated me in a humane manner. However, at times, I felt like I was treated as a number because I had to keep reminding them about my condition, Primary Ovarian Failure.
I was on Enskye (a birth control pill) and I also took Estrace and Progesterone. I was successful in obtaining menses due to taking Enskye; however, the Estrace pills caused me to have liquid in my uterus which delayed several of my transfer cycles. I have undergone three hysteroscopies and two cervical dialition to investigate why I still had blood and liquid in my uterus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Pamela Fortunato)
Dr. Loy's main nurse was very helpful and understanding. However, the other nurses kept forgetting about my condition, Primary Ovarian Failure, and several times they did not follow the correct protocol.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is clean and it has an attractive appearance. The staff is decent; at times they are unapproachable. You always have to leave a voicemail to doctors' nurses if you have any questions. They usually call you back a couple hours later; sometimes they forget to return your call the same day. You have to leave the voicemail before 3:00 pm. The emergency call service is somewhat reliable; the couple times that I used it, the person who had to relay the message (i.e., Day 1 of a clycel) to the doctor's nurse forgets to send it to a nurse. Therefore, I have to call a couple more times so that they can get the nurse to call me in order to schedule an appointment. Overall, the clinic is new and has high-tech technology; however, be prepared to pay hefty bills and always keep reminding the doctors and nurses about your conditions because they will forget about you.
I found an egg donor through Circle Surrogacy agency. The retrieval was down at the clinic. I have undergone more than 5 failed cycles and out-patient procedures due to my uterine lining. Therefore, I have compiled about $10,000 of bills and expenses at this clinic.
My doctor had a strong preference for single embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I have to constantly remind them that I do not get natural periods due to having primary ovarian failure since June 2017.
Orlando

She [Dr. Jaffe] can be very dry and intimidating sometimes. She is very straight forward though and confident in her skills. Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor even though we went to that clinic for her services only.... My first cycle of stims my doctor was out of town and she didn’t let her patients know. Another doctor filled in and cancelled my cycle.... Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor
Some of the weaknesses [of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is too busy and crowded. Over booking on transfer day and waiting 3 hours after my appointment time trying to hold a full bladder. Strengths are there quick communication through portal.... We spent about $40,000 this year for 3 stims cycles and one transfer. That’s with the cost of medications.
She can be very dry and intimidating sometimes. She is very straight forward though and confident in her skills. Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor even though we went to that clinic for her services only.
Prepare for long office waits and to be prepared with questions if you have them ahead of time.
The office is really busy and I’ve felt rushed or forgotten some times.
We used lupron depot and birth control to start. Gonal F, centrotide and menopur for stimulation. We used progesterone and estrogen for and after transfer until the pregnancy test.
I was told different things by different nurses when trying to get questions answered. There was only one nurse that I trusted to give me the right answers as there were mix ups with the others.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Some of the weaknesses is too busy and crowded. Over booking on transfer day and waiting 3 hours after my appointment time trying to hold a full bladder. Strengths are there quick communication through portal.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
My first cycle of stims my doctor was out of town and she didn’t let her patients know. Another doctor filled in and cancelled my cycle. After I was told this would not happen again my second cycle of stims was a repeat situation and I was cancelled by mistake and then called and told never mind. Blood work for my husband was not ordered until last min on a Friday afternoon and we are 3 hours from my clinic.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Loy took the time to review my entire medical history and any concerns I have ever had related to my reproductive health. He always gave me a positive view and motivated me to stay positive and trust the process. I never felt rushed during an appointment with him. He was very thorough and loved drawing pictures to help my husband and I understand the anatomy and physiology of the fertility processes. He made me feel like I was his only patient!
It [CRM Orlando] is a beautiful facility and very clean. Wait times were usually minimal. The exam rooms had monitors on the wall for you to view your ultrasounds while they occurred. Also my husband said the areas for men were very clean and private. ... [nurse] They were very compassionate and friendly. ... I live two hours away from the office and he [Dr. Loy] made it a point to arrange my appointments at convenient travel times.
If you are hesitant about scheduling an appointment, don’t be! I wish I would have started this process with him sooner.
He is very thorough and takes the time to address all of your concerns. I live two hours away from the office and he made it a point to arrange my appointments at convenient travel times.
I had unexplained infertility. My cervix also required dilation. I did letrozole in preparation for IUI and used pregnyl trigger shots. After IUI I took progester400mg at bedtime. After 4 unsuccessful IUI’s we chose to start IVF. I did stims and ovidrel trigger. I had 10 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, and 1 made it to blastocyte stage. The embryo was transferred on day 5 as a FET. I started endometrin 100mg 3 times a day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Linda Jones)
They were very compassionate and friendly.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It is a beautiful facility and very clean. Wait times were usually minimal. The exam rooms had monitors on the wall for you to view your ultrasounds while they occurred. Also my husband said the areas for men were very clean and private.
My insurance covered most of the monitoring appointments. The remaining costs I felt were fair and aligned with state averages.
I agree with eSET due to my age and the risks associated with multiple births.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Loy was very attentive, caring, took time to answer any of our wuestions, but candid about our situation. ... I have PCOS and stage 4 Endometriosis, so its a double whammy. Originally, they [Center for Repro Med Orlando] stated that I should go straight to IVF, but would be willing for me to try stimulation medication with times intercourse. I took a course of letrozole followed by a trigger shot ovidrel. This was not sucessful due to the PCOS.
After my second cucle, I was coming more consistently and could get 7:30 am appointments easier, because I was established. Their [Center for Repro Med Orlando] billing is not always the best. They over harge me and I had a $175 credit. You have to follow how they bill you and your insurance closely. Overall they are good, but not great. ... The wait time is always rediculous, and it is difficult to get an early appoint, which is important to me because I work full time.
He is very knowledgeable, kind, good bedside manner, and very patient with numerous questions. We built a report from the begining. He made me feel comfortable by explaining things thoroughly. He also knew my obgyn, and had the same diagnosis as him, which made me feel very comfortable. He was also one of the founding physicians at CRM. I did only see him 3 times during my course of treatment. All my other appointments I saw the lab tech ir ultrasound tech. The last appointment was to discuss changing my treatment plan because of the 4 failed cycles.This was upsetting to us, but not Dr Loys fault.
Prior to being seen I highly recomend that you compile a list of questions. Make sure he has all of your medical records and you know all of your diagnosis.
Dr Loy was very attentive, caring, took time to answer any of our wuestions, but candid about our situation. I was always able to contact Dr Loys nurse if I had any issues or questions and get an immediate response. One time I needed to be seen and they got me in right away. Overall you have to advocate for yourself regarding the biling, not related to the Doctor.
I have PCOS and stage 4 Endometriosis, so its a double whammy. Originally, they stated that I should go straight to IVF, but would be willing for me to try stimulation medication with times intercourse. I took a course of letrozole followed by a trigger shot ovidrel. This was not sucessful due to the PCOS. Staying helathy with diet and exercise, and reducing stress is key.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Dr Loys Nurse, can not remeber her name. )
She was always very understaning, especially when I was upset due to a mix up from a different staff memeber regarding my trigger shot. She always called me back same day, and got answers to all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They do have several locations, which helps for ease of access. My clinic is 5 mins or less from my home which was good. The wait time is always rediculous, and it is difficult to get an early appoint, which is important to me because I work full time. One time I showed up and they were not even open, and another time the power was out. After my second cucle, I was coming more consistently and could get 7:30 am appointments easier, because I was established. Their billing is not always the best. They over harge me and I had a $175 credit. You have to follow how they bill you and your insurance closely. Overall they are good, but not great.
My insurance company covered a lot, so my out of poocket expense was about $200 per cycle. I have United Healthcare.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
They did not tell me after prescribing letrozole that I needd to have my trigger shot by a specific date. We had to scramble and I ended up paying 60 more than normal for the trigger shot.
Orlando
Dr. Patel makes sure you understand everything that is going on and takes the time to explain everything to you... I had a miscarriage under this other doctor and he was very unclear about what was going on. When I started going to doctor Patel she was very understanding and was able to explain what was going on in much detail. She helped me walk through what could have happened with my miscarriage and start the next steps to try and get pregnant again. I am grateful for the hope she gave me and for the wonderful experience I have had with her.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is very inviting. The only weakness I would say is that the administration side of the clinic is sometimes not as organized as they can be. There are multiple office locations at CRM, winter park and celebration. A few times my appointment was scheduled at the wrong office. But the doctors definitely make up for the lack of administrative organization...The nursing staff is very friendly! They have a line you can call and leave a voicemail if you have any questions. I call often and they always return my phone call the same day. It helps a lot with the uncertainty.
I have had a bad experience with a previous doctor. I had a miscarriage under this other doctor and he was very unclear about what was going on. When I started going to doctor Patel she was very understanding and was able to explain what was going on in much detail. She helped me walk through what could have happened with my miscarriage and start the next steps to try and get pregnant again. I am grateful for the hope she gave me and for the wonderful experience I have had with her.
A piece of advice I would give would be to ask as many questions you can to best understand your treatment.
My treatment strategies were to use Femara as well as a trigger shot (I don’t know the name of the medication). As mention before I had a miscarriage through a previous doctor and was on clomid. Because I was able to get pregnant on clomid when I started going to Dr. Patel she decided to try femara with a trigger shot for 3 months. Currently I am on my second round right now with hope. If it doesn’t work after three rounds then we will move to IUI/IVF.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is very inviting. The only weakness I would say is that the administration side of the clinic is sometimes not as organized as they can be. There are multiple office locations at CRM, winter park and celebration. A few times my appointment was scheduled at the wrong office. But the doctors definitely make up for the lack of administrative organization.
I previously had a miscarriage with some complications. Which resulted in me hitting my maximum out of pocket and quite a few not covered medical bills. So based on that I haven’t had any medical bills through Dr. Patel yet.
Orlando
If you need a highly emotionally available doctor, she isn't for you. If you want a highly efficient and practical doctor, she's great. ... I thoroughly appreciate my treatment experience with Dr. Jaffe. ... I highly appreciated her swift approach to treatment that was entirely medical based, and the fact that she considered my requests and recognized my ability to research aspects of my treatment on my own.
Quick responses. They [CRM Orlando] use a voicemail system, so you will always leave a voicemail. They are quick to respond, though. I used the online portal quite a bit (easier for me than calling) and they usually got back to me the same day. ... She recommended eSET for me (under 35) but was open to transferring two upon my request (we talked about the option).
I thoroughly appreciate my treatment experience with Dr. Jaffe. If I could go back I would have seen her sooner and would choose her 10 times over. When it comes to treatment, she is highly qualified. If you're looking for a therapist, see a therapist. Dr. Jaffe isn't there to consult your emotional concerns with infertility, she is there to address the medical side. I highly appreciated her swift approach to treatment that was entirely medical based, and the fact that she considered my requests and recognized my ability to research aspects of my treatment on my own.
If you need a highly emotionally available doctor, she isn't for you. If you want a highly efficient and practical doctor, she's great. See her.
Dr. Jaffe is very to the point and bases her medical decisions on present evidence. She does not oversell your chances of success. She moves quickly, and is open to patient requests and input when discussing treatment options. I don't like overly positive doctors (it always seemed false when dealing with infertility) so her realist and scientific approach was perfect and I felt respected as a patient as a result.
For IUI cycles, it was letrozole + ovidrel trigger (failed cycles). For IVF retrieval, I think it was agonist. GonalF, Cetrotide, and Lupron trigger. I was highly responsive and we froze 13 embryos (freeze all cycle). For frozen transfers, I took daily estrogen, then progesterone in oil injections. First frozen transfer failed. Second was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Quick responses. They use a voicemail system, so you will always leave a voicemail. They are quick to respond, though. I used the online portal quite a bit (easier for me than calling) and they usually got back to me the same day.
She recommended eSET for me (under 35) but was open to transferring two upon my request (we talked about the option). Had I wanted it, she would have done two, but considering my chance of success she felt the risk of multiples was too high (and I elected for one).
Sharon Jaffe
Dr. Loy is absolutely great at explaining his recommendations, making sure you understand how your body works, and making sure you are comfortable with the course of treatment...if you take the initiative to say I need to see him and speak to him, he will do so...At first we tried Letrozole and eventually went to clomid. I used both with and without IUI treatments. I started treatment at 34 years old, my egg reserve was not the greatest, and I had endometriosis. So we wanted to try to be aggressive after surgery.
they [nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] were helpful in letting you know the next steps. The downside is sometimes they were cold and you felt like they were not listening to you. This may be the result of them having to deal with majority of patients more than the doctors dealt with you. But at times, I felt they were giving advice or stating that the doctor would not do this or that, when in fact that doctor agreed with me.
Dr. Loy is absolutely great at explaining his recommendations, making sure you understand how your body works, and making sure you are comfortable with the course of treatment. There was a time where I felt I was in a hamster will with no real evaluation of what may have gone wrong. However, if you take the initiative to say I need to see him and speak to him, he will do so.
Do not get stuck in the cycle of just going through the cycle. Make sure that you request an appointment to take to Dr. Loy himself, not his nurses, about what his thoughts are about your treatment. Follow all the directions. If he says take certain type of vitamins and change you diet, then do it.
Dr. Loy took the time to explain the details of my condition and treatment. He listened to my concerns and tailored my plans accordingly.
The strength of the nurses was that you spoke to them at times, more than the doctor. So they were helpful in letting you know the next steps. The downside is sometimes they were cold and you felt like they were not listening to you. This may be the result of them having to deal with majority of patients more than the doctors dealt with you. But at times, I felt they were giving advice or stating that the doctor would not do this or that, when in fact that doctor agreed with me.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is great in getting things done. Dr. Loy suspected endometriosis from my first visit, even though I had been going to doctors and felt like I had that issue for years. I was able to have surgery within 4 months of treatment. So it's great at diagnosing and trying to resolve. The part that can be concerning is when you trying cycle after cycle and being disappointed. But you have to take the initiative to say, wait let us stop and re-evaluate. After a year of trying with drugs and IUI, I stopped and said let us re-evaluate all the recommendations, free of the drugs. Funny enough, the month I did everything else on the list and prayed, is the month I had success.
I definitely spent thousands.
Not applicable.
Orlando

All of Dr. Loy’s nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are so sweet. My nurse Pamela F is amazing. She answers all of my questions and is always there to help me when I need help with something...The strenths of this clinic are: Everyone in the office that we encountered was very nice and friendly. No matter how many questions we asked, they were answered. Everything was explained in great detail. The process of infertility is so draining emotionally and mentally. This clinic made my husband and myself feel at ease about this process.
I am so grateful to have Dr. Loy as my RE. My husband and I had been trying to conceive with no luck. In 2018, we decided it was time to find an RE. After hours of researching online, I found Dr. Loy. My first appointment with Dr. Loy was awesome. Infertility can seem like such a scary process. Dr. Loy is such a caring and compassionate doctor. He is so thorough and does not mind explaining everything to you in detail. He will always answer any questions that you may have without hesitation. I left my very first appointment with so much information. And I finally had a diagnosis of Fibroids and Endometriosis. I am still on my journey to conceive but, I am so thankful to Dr. Loy.
Ask questions and follow the advice that he gives you.
Dr. Loy makes you feel like a human because he shows care and compassion for your situation. He spends the time to get to know you and your medical history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Pamela F)
All of Dr. Loy’s nurses are so sweet. My nurse Pamela F is amazing. She answers all of my questions and is always there to help me when I need help with something.