6.9

795 Primera Blvd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

She [Dr. Jaffe] is a great doctor and always did her best at explaining the procedures to me and my husband everytime we met with her. Overall the experience with her was positive....She explained the procedures and answered our questions always....The clinic itself has a lot of patients...they [CRM] have a lot of doctors and nurses on the staff so if you are not happy with someone's approach you can always switch doctors.
One of their strenghts is that they [CRM] are the largest clinic in Central Florida so going there is pretty much a no brainer and they have a lot of doctors and nurses on the staff so if you are not happy with someone's approach you can always switch doctors. A weakness is the nursing staff, they seem disconnected at times like they've seen it all and you feel like a number specially on the days you have to wait 2 plus hours for a simple U/S.
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I was refered to her by my regular OB for a HSG after trying clomid for months and not getting pregnant. The HSG was clear but we never got pregnant on our own due to my husband's FMI diagnosis and after two years we decided to go back to start fertility treatments. She is a great doctor and always did her best at explaining the procedures to me and my husband everytime we met with her. Overall the experience with her was positive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
The clinic itself has a lot of patients, it is important to educate yourself when it comes to fertility terms so you can ask effective questions and be an active part of the decisions when it comes to treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
She explained the procedures and answered our questions always.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol using BCPs, Lupron(14 day kit) and Gonal F(3000IU total ) . We used lupron, PIO and Delestrogen for transfers. I was on BCP for 8 weeks after the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We used the same protoco; for both transfers and did a endometrial scratch for both as well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They know what they are doing but everytime I call with questions it seemed like I was bothering them and they acted like they had answered that same question a million times but I was just asking it for the first time . I would always consult online first so I could be brief when I was asking them something.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
One of their strenghts is that they are the largest clinic in Central Florida so going there is pretty much a no brainer and they have a lot of doctors and nurses on the staff so if you are not happy with someone's approach you can always switch doctors. A weakness is the nursing staff, they seem disconnected at times like they've seen it all and you feel like a number specially on the days you have to wait 2 plus hours for a simple U/S.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Retrieval was $6225, Transfer frozen was $2375 plus monitoring visits were around $1000 ICSI WAS $2000 anesthesia was $500. I was allowed to buy meds anywhere I wanted and I chose ivfmeds.com in the UK and for retrieval it was around $4000 and I used avella for meds for both Frozen transfers and it wa aorund $1500 each. I'll add maybe another $1000 for labs.
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
She did prefer we transfer one and we did the first time. Since or embryos were not PGS tested we insisted in transfering two the second time and she agreed but still explained she wpuld preferred if we tranferred just one at a time.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Silva was a great Doctor however, because of they way the practice handled things it wasn’t a personal experience for me and I felt that I had to fight to see my doctor... Dr. Silva had an awesome bedside manner. He had a great way of calming me down. When he knew I was getting upset. I felt like he listened to me and took my input seriously. He always kept a positive outlook on my treatment...He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal....They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Bring questions and a notebook. He gives very thorough advice and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted. He knew what medication would work for me and knew I didn’t want to waste time. I ended up responding better when he increased the dosage of my ovulation induction medication but unfortunately it ended in a loss of pregnancy very early on.
They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed. They were always friendly but I received a lot of misleading information from them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal. She got to know me pretty well over the years and was always comforting and kind. I never had any issues with check in or billing but I definitely think they need to focus more on their patient care!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My insurance only covered office visits with a copay and monitoring. Over the course of my treatment I’ve paid roughly $13,000.00
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
There were multiple times that I was not notified of specific instructions on medication administration. I had a few times where my results were not sent to me in a timely manner as well as needing to cancel an iui cycle because they prescribed the wrong medication.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Jaffe was nonjudgmental and seemed invested in my journey to become a single mother by choice and seemed confident that we would be able to achieve that. She was dissapointed by setbacks, but didn't show any interest in giving up.... Embryo transfer cycle 1 seemed standard. Cycle 2 we switched from progesterone cream to injection. After failed 2nd cycle, performed an ERA test as well as 3rd egg retrieval with genetic testing. Also additional blood work done. 3rd cycle we switched to IM estrogen and added hepron injections. After 3rd cycle failed, we decided to do 3 months on lupron and try a 4th cycle, which ultimately resulted pregnancy and my daughter.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] seem to change over frequently. I had several lead nurses assigned to me. Some were more compationate and personable than others. Often my prescriptions were not called in to the pharmacy on dates there were supposed to and I had to call the clinic to request they send... Nice facility with plenty of appointment availability. Seems to be high nursing staff turnover. Billing department didn't seem to always understand how my insurance works - I guess they aren't used to dealing with insurance. Doctors are all very friendly.
Ask lots of questions to be sure you fully understand what is being recommended and what the next steps are.
Dr Jaffe personally called me after my 3rd failed transfer to let me know she was also disapointed and what next steps/recommendations were for the next attempt
Egg retrieval cycles were all about the same. Embryo transfer cycle 1 seemed standard. Cycle 2 we switched from progesterone cream to injection. After failed 2nd cycle, performed an ERA test as well as 3rd egg retrieval with genetic testing. Also additional blood work done. 3rd cycle we switched to IM estrogen and added hepron injections. After 3rd cycle failed, we decided to do 3 months on lupron and try a 4th cycle, which ultimately resulted pregnancy and my daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: changed several times)
The nursing staff seem to change over frequently. I had several lead nurses assigned to me. Some were more compationate and personable than others. Often my prescriptions were not called in to the pharmacy on dates there were supposed to and I had to call the clinic to request they send.
Insurance covered most costs
Dr Jaffe seemed to prefer elective single embryo transfer because it is better for the health of the mother and baby. Twins (or higher order multiples) are high risk pregnancies.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Nurses on several occasions forgot to call in prescriptions
Orlando

CRM always seemed to run like a well oiled machine. They were always running on time, everyone knew what was going on and it was always clean. I never saw anything out of place. They are a very efficient office.... We LOVED all of the nurses! They were all very knowledgeable and compassionate, they always seemed to be very cheerful as well. Leading up to my embryo transfer I ended up getting shingles. I had already stated my PIO injections, we were about two weeks away from the transfer. I
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
My husband and I both loved Dr.Loy. Our first meeting with him was so through, he sat and talked with us for over an hour, answering all of our questions. Prior to our first appointment he had reviewed my entire file from my previous doctor, so he knew my history inside and out, which was so nice. I did't have to explain everything we had already been through. He even drew diagrams when needed to make sure we fully understood the whole process. He made us feel very confident, without being unrealistic, about what we could expect from our treatment with him. We will definitely use him again when we are ready for another IVF round.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
If I was talking to a prospective patient of Dr.Loy's I would let them know that they are in great hands, probably some of the best hands in central Florida. He will be honest with you about your situation and what you can expect from your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
From day one, I never felt like "just a number" at CRM. All of the nurses, Dr.Loy (and other doctors at the office) and even front desk staff were so helpful, caring and very compassionate. They deal with infertility all day every day but they always made me feel like our battle with infertility was important to them, I felt as though they wanted us to have a family just as much as we wanted it for ourselves. We had such a great experience with Dr.Loy and CRM that we were sad when we were referred back to my regular OB/GYN.
We LOVED all of the nurses! They were all very knowledgeable and compassionate, they always seemed to be very cheerful as well. Leading up to my embryo transfer I ended up getting shingles. I had already stated my PIO injections, we were about two weeks away from the transfer. I already knew in my heart that our transfer was probably not going to happen that month because of the shingles. I went in for an appointment and, as I already suspected, they confirmed that our transfer would have to be postponed. I immediately burst into tears. The nurse hugged me, gave me tissues and reassured me that our transfer would still happen, just not quite yet. She was so sweet and understanding, I will never forget her. She was literally a shoulder for me to cry on.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Just like the rest of the office, my ultrasound appointments were always very smooth with no issues. They always ran on time and I could schedule them at a day and time (within reason, most of these appointments had to be on a specific day depending on where I was in my cycle) that worked for my schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I can't remember exactly, but I think we paid around $13,000 for all of my treatment, not including medications.
Describe Randall Loy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
When we started with Dr.Loy we were unsure if we wanted to transfer one or two embryos. He reviewed all the risks associated with a singleton pregnancy as well as a pregnancy with multiples. Ultimately, he said for my height and weight (5'6", 140 pounds) if I wanted to transfer two embryos my body would mostly likely do fine if I ended up with twins. After talking it over with my husband (multiple times lol) we decided to just transfer one embryo.

2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr Jaffe listened to me and told me with a lot of conviction during my consultation that it was her mission to get me pregnant. I appreciated her caution with my treatment protocol since I had to leave her care after it was revealed that I had endometrial hyperplasia. I had to be released by a Gynecologic oncologist to go back to her. She wasn’t aggressive with my meds since she knew my hormones played into my diagnosis...I liked how blunt she was. She layed all the vitamins she wanted us to take on the table with what they would do for our chances. Not too many. She didn’t push us to do PGS testing since we couldn’t afford it. She supported my wish to transfer two embryos.
Strengths [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are nursing and lab staff, more than one location, super knowledgeable and kind doctors, ease of setting up payment options for procedures outside of your scope. Weaknesses would be price (but I’m sure that is not unique) but we certainly found it worth it when we had our baby...staff were so friendly...Judy [nurse] was super organized and very considerate of the fact that we were somewhat long distance patients. She made sure to explain everything to me or get someone else to if she was unsure, which was a rare occasion.
If you want a doctor who is dangerously aggressive and sugar coats, she will not be good for you. She takes your health into account and she is blunt but not rude about the plan.
Dr Jaffe listened to me and told me with a lot of conviction during my consultation that it was her mission to get me pregnant. I appreciated her caution with my treatment protocol since I had to leave her care after it was revealed that I had endometrial hyperplasia. I had to be released by a Gynecologic oncologist to go back to her. She wasn’t aggressive with my meds since she knew my hormones played into my diagnosis. Her staff were so friendly too.
I am not sure what my protocol was considered. It has been two years. I know it included a drug to help keep my estrogen levels on the lower side. My retrieval was done by a male doctor who was extremely friendly. It yielded 21 follicles. 14 made it to day 5 blastocysts and we ended up with 8 embryos that were frozen and transferred a few months later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Judy)
Judy was super organized and very considerate of the fact that we were somewhat long distance patients. She made sure to explain everything to me or get someone else to if she was unsure, which was a rare occasion.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths are nursing and lab staff, more than one location, super knowledgeable and kind doctors, ease of setting up payment options for procedures outside of your scope. Weaknesses would be price (but I’m sure that is not unique) but we certainly found it worth it when we had our baby.
Our transfer was $17,000. Medications cost around $5,000. We paid for medications out of pocket and had a loan for the transfer.
My doctor typically does eSET especially if you get PGS or PGD testing but since we couldn’t afford the testing and I was 37, she said two embryos were fine. Glad we did it. We got one baby out of it.
Orlando

After a long series of tests, it was determined I had Endometriosis. Dr. Loy performed surgery on me for that. After several months, we then tried one round of Letrozole and Ovidrel and it worked!...He is incredibly intelligent, logical, understanding and has a great bedside manner. He performed surgery on me and several nurses in the hospital said they all fight to be with him in the OR because he's so great.
The nursing staff [ at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] was always quick to return my phone calls and answer questions...They are incredibly passionate, understanding and supportive...After a long series of tests, it was determined I had Endometriosis. Dr. Loy performed surgery on me for that. After several months, we then tried one round of Letrozole and Ovidrel and it worked!
My husband and I highly recommend Dr. Loy and his team. They are incredibly passionate, understanding and supportive. My husband and I had a 2 year struggle with infertility and wish we'd found Dr. Loy sooner. We are now 9 weeks pregnant and will forever be grateful to him for making that happen. He is incredibly intelligent, logical, understanding and has a great bedside manner. He performed surgery on me and several nurses in the hospital said they all fight to be with him in the OR because he's so great. My OB calls Dr. Loy "the King". Check out his You Tube videos for lessons on all things fertility-related. Don't hesitate to make an appointment with him.
Come prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen to take notes. He is very intelligent and you will later want to remember all that he communicated to you.
Dr. Loy is compassionate and we felt truly understood our struggles, emotions and concerns. He has great bedside manner, took time to listen while inserting much-needed humor and seemed to care for us deeply.
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
The nursing staff was always quick to return my phone calls and answer questions.
2010 - 2017, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Sejal Patel] was very personable and she cared about what we desired as a couple... took her time in explaining things and didn't assume that we knew anything. The only miscommunication that I believe we had was us thinking that doing the IUI meant an automatic pregnancy and when we tried once, then twice, to no avail, we decided to "give up" in a sense. Every time we've returned to CRM, we like working with Dr. Patel because she has been there from the beginning and she is working hard at helping us reach our dreams for our family.
I attended both locations [of Center for Reproductive Medicine] in Celebration, FL and Orlando, Fl. The clinic in Orlando is where they completed more procedures like HSG testing and IUI's, etc. There were long wait times at this clinic and it wasn't very comfortable temperature wise (it was fairly warm in the waiting room). The Celebration clinic was a lot smaller and was more so for consultations and blood work. These appointments rarely ran behind. The staff at each place was nice.
How was your experience with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Patel took her time in explaining things and didn't assume that we knew anything. The only miscommunication that I believe we had was us thinking that doing the IUI meant an automatic pregnancy and when we tried once, then twice, to no avail, we decided to "give up" in a sense. Every time we've returned to CRM, we like working with Dr. Patel because she has been there from the beginning and she is working hard at helping us reach our dreams for our family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Be open in what you are looking for and expect her to be candid and honest with you in a empathetic way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
She was very personable and she cared about what we desired as a couple.
They were caring and showed compassion. They did what they could to make me and my spouse feel comfortable and not embarrassed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I attended both locations in Celebration, FL and Orlando, Fl. The clinic in Orlando is where they completed more procedures like HSG testing and IUI's, etc. There were long wait times at this clinic and it wasn't very comfortable temperature wise (it was fairly warm in the waiting room). The Celebration clinic was a lot smaller and was more so for consultations and blood work. These appointments rarely ran behind. The staff at each place was nice.
Describe Sejal Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My doctor was not for multiples, no more than two, because of the health risks that come along with that.
2015 - 2017, Successful
[Dr. Loy] Has an extremely warm and understanding bedside manner. He truly listen to me! Diagnosed me with endometriosis after another infertility doc failed to. He felt very concerned with the things I was concerned for and I felt like I was being cared for like his daughter... He is extremely knowledgeable and I felt like he provided expert care. Also, all four of his sons were IVF so he understands the process. I cried in our first meeting when he told me I had a 100% chance of having a baby. He gave me so much hope
The nursing staff [Center for Reproductive Medicine] was kind but a lot of times didn’t know what medication I was on or where I was in my cycle or couldn’t schedule me in even though it was time dependent.... I was supposedly a candidate for a study concerning IVF only to find out after we had delayed the cycle to find out I was never a candidate so that was extremely frustrating. My insurance covered our cycle but the communication between provider and insurance was HORRIBLE! There was a real lack of communication on where you were in your cycle in scheduling appointments or proceeding with a cycle
Trust his judgement
I don’t remember
The nursing staff was kind but a lot of times didn’t know what medication I was on or where I was in my cycle or couldn’t schedule me in even though it was time dependent. It was extremely frustrating
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Good and organized financial coordinator. The financial part was clear. The office was extremely clean and I liked the other physicians since I was seeing them occasionally through my transfer/retrieval
Insurance covered it
He recommended single embryo transfer

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Sharon Jaffe] had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.... Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
It is semi hard to get an appointment here [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.... The ones [nurses] assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.... She had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.
I really like Dr. Jaffe. I hope that she will get the results I want. I trust that she has set me up with the correct protocol. Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
Go in with questions and make sure to ask them all.
She is very good at explaining everything and making sure to answer questions.
The ones assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It is semi hard to get an appointment here and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.
With my insurance just to see a specialist is a higher copay. Then for IUI's at the time it was free. And IVF is pretty much out of pocket.
I am only allowed to do single transfer since ours are rated a decent quality at this point. They said maybe at the third cycle it may change.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Asante takes the time with you during each visit to answer any questions you have and he thoroughbred explains each step of your process...Although my first IUI was not successful, I still love Dr. Asante and how he makes me feel as a patient. He is kind and very knowledgeable. He is positive about treatment but also realistic about what steps may need to be taken...Started with lab work for me to determine my hormones and amh levels, then checked my ovaries for cysts.
Very clean, organized, busy clinic [CRM - Orlando]. My only complaint is I went to the Lake Mary office because it is closer and more convenient for me but they don't always do ultrasounds and procedures there so I had to go to the Orlando office a lot...I dealt with different nurses but all seemed very nice and always returned my calls within the same day with any questions I had...IUI was $450, ultrasounds $225 and progesterone was $75, estrogen checks were $125
How was your experience with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Albert Asante used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Started with lab work for me to determine my hormones and amh levels, then checked my ovaries for cysts. I started clomid cycle day 3, had a follicle scan cycle day 12 and scheduled the IUI for 2 days later.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean, organized, busy clinic. My only complaint is I went to the Lake Mary office because it is closer and more convenient for me but they don't always do ultrasounds and procedures there so I had to go to the Orlando office a lot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Albert Asante
Lake Mary

After 5 failed IUIs, I had to beg for a consult with the doctor.... He [Dr. Loy] admitted to not reviewing my complete file after each failed cycle. He only made decisions based on my current # of follicles and size, which is what the nurse gave him. I felt like he should have been more involved in my actual diagnoses and treatment.... First 4 cycles were strictly with letrozole and trigger.
Great about scheduling appointments. Multiple options and very flexible. Wait times [Ctr for Reproductive Med of Orlando] were rather frustrating: for example we waited in the room for our iui (undressed) for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the doctor. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be an hour or so behind schedule, even though the sign in the lobby says you should not wait more than 15 minutes.
He admitted to not reviewing my complete file after each failed cycle. He only made decisions based on my current # of follicles and size, which is what the nurse gave him. I felt like he should have been more involved in my actual diagnoses and treatment.
Don’t wait until you are beyond frustrated to raise your hand. Be assertive in requesting time specifically with him versus the nurses. You are paying to be seen by a doctor, not a nurse.
After 5 failed IUIs, I had to beg for a consult with the doctor. I feel like they should meet with you after every 2 failed cycles.
First 4 cycles were strictly with letrozole and trigger. I asked for a change in my process to see if we could get a more favorable outcome and they reluctantly prescribed injectables. (Gonal-f)
Always returned calls within 24 hours. They were knowledgeable about process.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Great about scheduling appointments. Multiple options and very flexible. Wait times were rather frustrating: for example we waited in the room for our iui (undressed) for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the doctor. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be an hour or so behind schedule, even though the sign in the lobby says you should not wait more than 15 minutes.
$650 for iui, without medicine
Orlando
Dr. Patel was very nice in explaining my options. She was very warm and welcome and made me feel comfortable... She allowed my husband to drop off many samples for our IUI treatments to increase our chances, which was very nice of her...She also referred a Reproductive Urologist for my husband to help increase his sperm count.
[the staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] Very good with answering questions, returning email and addressing your concerns in a timely manner...IUI transfer was $450, labs and ultrasound ranged around $75-$150...nurses are very nice and proactive with answering emails and returning calls...allowed my husband to drop off many samples to increase our chances for the IUI.
I had a great experience with Dr. Patel. I'm still going through the treatments. She allowed my husband to drop off many samples for our IUI treatments to increase our chances, which was very nice of her.
Be patient with your treatments and ask a lot of questions. Dr. Patel is good with answering all of your questions.
Describe the protocols Sejal Patel used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
My problem is severe male factor and Dr. Patel allowed my husband to drop off many samples to increase our chances for the IUI. She also referred a Reproductive Urologist for my husband to help increase his sperm count.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Evelyn MacMillian)
Dr. Patel's nurses are very nice and proactive with answering emails and returning calls.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
IUI transfer was $450, labs and ultrasound ranged around $75-$150
I liked Dr. Patel's approached to drop off many samples to increase our chances of conception.
Orlando
Dr. Silva was very good at explaining our situation and making sure we knew exactly what we were doing before making any final decisions...Femara, ovidrel, donor sperm and iui. First iui was successful. I now have a beautiful 4 month old son...he sat down in his office and never felt rushed, he helped find a path that others never did. He appeared to care about us as individuals...
I went to a couple different offices to see the physicians [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] and they are all good. I felt like the celebration office lacked the most at the front desk position. Girls didnt acknowledge you when you entered. Weren't very friendly...[nurses were] Fantastic. Compassionate. And very timely to answer questions...Dr. Silva was very good at explaining our situation and making sure we knew exactly what we were doing before making any final decisions
His nurses were amazing and compassionate, so was Dr. Silva. All made sure questions were answered quickly and fully. They understood or appeared to be concerned about what you were going through. Dr. Silva was very good at explaining our situation and making sure we knew exactly what we were doing before making any final decisions.
Be open about what your expectations are and what your plans are.
Human because he sat down in his office and never felt rushed, he helped find a path that others never did. He appeared to care about us as individuals.
Fantastic. Compassionate. And very timely to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I went to a couple different offices to see the physicians and they are all good. I felt like the celebration office lacked the most at the front desk position. Girls didnt acknowledge you when you entered. Weren't very friendly.
I'm not 100% but I think in total between 1500$ and 2500$ out of pocket. That's meds, labs, procedures, iui, donor sperm, storage.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
He is honest, straightforward, detailed. He takes his time with you. He made me feel safe and hopeful and while I have yet to achieve a healthy pregnancy I plan to continue with him. We feel like we are in good hands.... Took our concerns, moral and religious into account and aimed to design a treatment protocol that would cater to these needs
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]: knowledge and experience, options Weaknesses: very busy, cannot get through to a nurse- have to leave voicemail and wait for call back... Laparoscopy: diagnose and remove stage II endo Letrozole and timed intercourse with monitoring: ovulated but negative result Letrozole plus IUI: ectopic pregnanc Mini IVF (Stimmed with letrozole): 1 egg retrieved, 3dt, negative
he tends to explain things in a scientific manner but don't be afraid to ask questions for clarity
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths: knowledge and experience, options Weaknesses: very busy, cannot get through to a nurse- have to leave voicemail and wait for call back
We are 100% self pay Our IUI cycle cost around $1200 Our mini-IVF cycle was $3500 not including meds or anaesthsia
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I had to call multiple times to have my IVF meds called in

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Loy] had a ton of experience, but I felt a bit like just a number at times. He seemed to get irritated when my husband and I started asking so many questions. I had watched some of his YouTube videos just before he walked in one day, and when he started talking, it was word for word from his videos, done without feeling. He has very high ratings, as does the clinic, so we'll see if I get a baby out of this, and after how many tries. I only just completed egg retrieval, so we'll see. If I get a baby out of this, he'll be a god to me.
Everything has been great [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]. They seem a bit pricier than others according to polls I've seen on some of the FB support groups in a part of. I just wish they wouldn't forget to call me with results sometimes...[The nurses] were very kind but forgot to call me twice with results.
He had a ton of experience, but I felt a bit like just a number at times. He seemed to get irritated when my husband and I started asking so many questions. I had watched some of his YouTube videos just before he walked in one day, and when he started talking, it was word for word from his videos, done without feeling. He has very high ratings, as does the clinic, so we'll see if I get a baby out of this, and after how many tries. I only just completed egg retrieval, so we'll see. If I get a baby out of this, he'll be a god to me.
Watch his YouTube videos. He had his own channel. There are many, and chances are good they will answer many of your questions.
While knowledgeable and thorough, he always seems to be in a rush to get us out of there.
They were very kind but forgot to call me twice with results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Everything has been great. They seem a bit pricier than others according to polls I've seen on some of the FB support groups in a part of. I just wish they wouldn't forget to call me with results sometimes.
I used Attain, which cost $16,500 for two complete cycles, including 2 egg retrievals and unlimited transfers. The meds eye extra, which I got for around $3,700 thoth winfertility online. My insurance covered office visits, and anesthesia for egg retrieval was $500.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
They gave me a prescription for pain meds for the day of egg retrieval the day before. I had to call 8 different pharmacies before finally giving up because no one had it in stock. They also did not call me on the day I was supposed to trigger. I had to call the after hours on call number twice before getting a call back. When they called back they said I would not be triggering that night and to come in the next day for more blood work. Then, they called back and said after speaking to the doctor, he did want me to trigger that night after all. I nearly missed my window because of this miscommunication.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Loy is a very knowledgable and skilled doctor with many years of experience. Him and his wife experienced infertility and had to do ivf almost thirty years ago so they know what it is like to go through the physical and emotional side of infertility.... Dr Loy was very attentive and compassionate at the intake appt. But as went through the retrieval and transfers , I did not feel like it really mattered to him that I was informed on what was happening and that he be there for me if I had questions.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] take on too many patients and as a result they make mistakes. Some big , some little but when you are spending so much money it is very frustrating to have hinggs happen in your ttc journey that could have been prevented by better patient care. I am grateful I was able to get pregnant with our last embryo but feel that our results would have been better if they hadn’t have made mistakes.
Dr. Loy is a very knowledgable and skilled doctor with many years of experience. Him and his wife experienced infertility and had to do ivf almost thirty years ago so they know what it is like to go through the physical and emotional side of infertility. He is a Christian and is not afraid to share his faith or belief in the importance of God’s timing in growing families.
Show up to your appointments with him with your list of questions ready so that you can make the most of your time with him. Ask for clarification in the moment for anything you don’t understand because it can be difficult to get ahold of him in between appts with him.
Dr Loy was very attentive and compassionate at the intake appt. But as went through the retrieval and transfers , I did not feel like it really mattered to him that I was informed on what was happening and that he be there for me if I had questions. It was very difficult to get ahold of him and mistakes were made in my cycle because of miscommunications by his staff.
We did a full force round of stimulation (versus a mini ivf) with all the medicines he could use (it was four years ago so I don’t remember specifics). I have stage 4 endo, adenomyosis and a uterine fibroid and we had been ttc for 12 years before trying ivf. We did the retrieval and only got ten eggs, 3 of which fertilized but only one was strong enough to freeze. For some reason they chose not to do icsi on all of them even though we had requested they do so. We transferred the two that had slowed in growth but they did not take. It took fifteen months and 4 surgeries following that to get my uterus vleared to transfer our frozen. We did a natural cycle and timed the transfer with my own ovulation. It worked and our baby is 15 months now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Marty)
They made mistakes with medicine doseages. They wouldn’t return calls for results promptly. They acted annoyed if I had alot of questions. The only time I saw compassion was when I had a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They take on too many patients and as a result they make mistakes. Some big , some little but when you are spending so much money it is very frustrating to have hinggs happen in your ttc journey that could have been prevented by better patient care. I am grateful I was able to get pregnant with our last embryo but feel that our results would have been better if they hadn’t have made mistakes.
20,000 including meds, 4 hysteroscopies, 1 laparoscopy, 1 retrieval, 2 transfers and bloodwork
Dr Loy will transfer two at the most but prefers to be more conservative and transfer one really good embryo.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Incorrect dosages, icsi wasn’t done on all of our retrieved eggs. My patient paperwork was faxed to another patient’s ob office without my consent.
Orlando
She [Dr. Sejal Patel] had wonderful bedside manor and addressed a very delicate situation as such. I never felt like she didn’t understand my struggles or the pain associed with them.... I had 3 failed rounds of Clomid and 3 failed rounds of Letrozol at the highest dose that could be prescribed by an OB/GYN. She did all of the prerequisite tests to make sure I could become pregnant and stay pregnant, and then she raised the dosage of Letrozol for me. We continued with ultrasounds to check follicle size and then did a forced ovulation trigger shot. It technically worked the 1st time but resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We tried again immediately (counting the chemical pregnancy as a period bc I don’t have them on my own) and we were successful
I always felt like I needed to tiptoe around the front desk ladies [at Center for Reproductive Med Orlando]. They are human and have emotions and their own problems, but they definitely seemed to bring them to work. Most of the nurses were wonderful. The lab workers were amazing!... I never felt like they [the nurses] cared about the pain we were feeling. Especially after a chemical pregnancy. One nurse called and basically said “yeah, you were technically pregnant, but you aren’t anymore. We’ll wait for your next period and try again.” I was CRUSHED and FRUSTRATED. If this nurse had taken the time to see who I was and what was causing my fertility issues in the 1st place she would know that I don’t have periods anyway.
She had wonderful bedside manor and addressed a very delicate situation as such. I never felt like she didn’t understand my struggles or the pain associed with them. I would recommend her to anyone in central Florida that needs an RE
I would recommend that they avoid letting the nurses make a decision without consulting Dr. Patel 1st.
She always remembered my name and situation. She was willing to work with my husband and I to find the best uses of our financial situation. Always warm and welcoming!
Hit or miss. I never felt like they cared about the pain we were feeling. Especially after a chemical pregnancy. One nurse called and basically said “yeah, you were technically pregnant, but you aren’t anymore. We’ll wait for your next period and try again.” I was CRUSHED and FRUSTRATED. If this nurse had taken the time to see who I was and what was causing my fertility issues in the 1st place she would know that I don’t have periods anyway.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I always felt like I needed to tiptoe around the front desk ladies. They are human and have emotions and their own problems, but they definitely seemed to bring them to work. Most of the nurses were wonderful. The lab workers were amazing! Dr. Patel is incomparable! She makes every other little thing completely worth it!
Celebration
Dr. Silva listened to what we had to say, and made us really feel like we collaborated on our treatment plan together. He always answered all my questions with patience and kindness. The only weakness I would note was that I wish after several failed cycles we would have been urged to move to IVF quicker, as that is the only way we have had success.
Their [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] strengths were a variety of appointment choices, good phlebotomist on site, cleanliness in the clinic. Their weaknesses would be wait times at the clinic, and one of the nurses we were assigned. Overall more strengths than weaknesses...Dr. Silva advised us on eSET and explained why.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be your own advocate. He’s a very understanding and hands on doctor.
Dr. Silva took his time with us on every visit, and remembered little details pertaining to our care.
Medicated timed intercourse with letrozole and trigger shot. Used to treat anovulation from PCOS. Ovulation occurred but no pregnancies. Medicated IUIs. Combo cycles with femara and injections with trigger. Ovulation occurred but no pregnancies. Last cycle, no response to meds. IVF with PGS/ICSI freeze all cycle with FET. Pregnant and had a singleton.
Several nurses were great but there was one in particular who most definitely was not. She didn’t belong in the infertility field. Very cold and gruff.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Their strengths were a variety of appointment choices, good phlebotomist on site, cleanliness in the clinic. Their weaknesses would be wait times at the clinic, and one of the nurses we were assigned. Overall more strengths than weaknesses
Overall I think we spent around $20-25k for all treatment
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Dr. Silva advised us on eSET and explained why. His reasons made sense.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
A couple times I had to call to get my results for labs.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I would recommend her [Sharon Jaffe of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] to anyone and I have. She's very knowledgable and answered all my questions. She completed my surgery and took the time to review the results and next steps....She sat with me and answered all my questions. She took the time to go over everything...If you want someone to sit down and cry with you I don't think she's it. She's straight to the point and wants to get you pregnant. She is compassionate but in her own way. Her job is to give you a baby and that's what she focuses on
I would recommend her to anyone and I have. She's very knowledgable and answered all my questions. She completed my surgery and took the time to review the results and next steps.
Ultimately she tells you the best option for your situation but as the patient and the done paying she leaves it up to you. I had to have surgery. She recommended two options, surgery first or try fertility meds first. I wanted to do the cheaper route however my husband figured it would be a waste of money and to go straight to surgery. We chose that route and then after sat down with her to review our next options, fertility meds, IUI and then IVF if needed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: She has a few nurses, but I always talk to the same ones who know my situation )
I call a ton and leave messages. They always call me back. They remember me when I go in and ask how I'm doing. They answer questions that I have and are compassionate
My insurance covered a lot of the surgery. Ultrasounds were over $100 each time but they monitor my account with my insurance and I always have credits to pay for things
Lake Mary

After our second egg retrieval, the lab failed to call us and tell us that our 2 eggs did not survive to day 5. When Dr. Loy found out, he personally called to apologize for the labs negligence and reassured me this was not how his clinic was expected to run...is very knowledgeable and experienced. He has great bed side manor and when our transfer failed he was very empathetic...suggests one embryo vs multiple...Although, I haven’t had success yet, as I just miscarried my first pregnancy and last frozen embryo, I do feel as if I am at the right clinic for starting our family.
The clinic is very clean and state of the art. Everyone on staff at CRM has a very specialized job that seems to be held to the highest standard. For as busy as they are, I do feel like I am more than just a number being cycled in and out...The nurses there are great and really want you to succeed. Although, I haven’t had success yet, as I just miscarried my first pregnancy and last frozen embryo, I do feel as if I am at the right clinic for starting our family.
Dr. Loy is very knowledgeable and experienced. He has great bed side manor and when our transfer failed he was very empathetic. The nurses there are great and really want you to succeed. Although, I haven’t had success yet, as I just miscarried my first pregnancy and last frozen embryo, I do feel as if I am at the right clinic for starting our family.
Be an advocate for yourself, not just for science. But I would tell anyone at any clinic that.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
2 rounds ivf (2 retrievals, 3 transfers) - 18k Meds for retrieval -16k Meds for transfer- $300 Hystoscopy- $500 Pelvic Laparoscopy- 3k
Dr. Loy suggests one embryo vs multiple
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr Celso Silva] is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive....He listens and talks to me like a normal person. Compassionate and really feels like he is part of your team...I have a main nurse for my doctor that communicates all my results. Sometimes I have other nurses for my ultrasounds or blood work but everyone is nice...[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando's] Strengths- organized, everything has a place Weakness- can have a learning curve to learn the methods
He is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive.
Go to him if you want someone to be honest. He is considerate but tells the truth
Usually they try something 3 cycles in a row. They don't force unnecessary procedures and I can elect further testing
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Evelyn)
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
One time I got conflicting results about taking a supplement. It was minor

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions. I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
For the most part I feel like the nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions....I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
For the most part I feel like the nurses are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I'm getting ready to start a second IVF cycle and I'm anxious to see what we might do differently to improve our chances of getting pregnant.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I enjoyed Dr. Jaffe as a doctor and will return to her when we go for our second. She is a no-nonsense woman who will work hard to get you a baby. If something won't work she will be honest. We wanted to transfer more than one embryo and she was adamant about only doing one due to my age. She was correct and I got pregnant after the first transfer. After getting pregnant she was very understanding of my worries.
Very clean, always busy! The front desk clerks [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are very nice but because they are busy all the time they do get behind. There were numerous times we went in for an appointment and waited 15-30 minutes after our appointment time. I would recommend making blood appointments first thing in the morning--you get in and out faster. The phlebotomists are very good with small veins and very nice. The ultrasound techs explain as much as they can during exams to make sure you know how the cycle is going and how big the eggs are.
Ask clarification questions if she uses medical terms or medications and you aren't 100% sure what she is talking about.
Dr. Jaffe was very personable. She can occasionally use medical terms that if you don't ask for clarification you can leave confused. She will explain procedures and wastes no time getting to the point. If you like a no nonsense Dr. who will advocate for you and offer realistic expectations she is a perfect candidate. If you like someone who will candy coat or stroke your emotional ego she won't be the best fit for you.
Due to my PCOS we tried oral medications and I did not get pregnant. We went to do a round of IUI and even though we had him tested before there was male factor infertility which resulted in canceling the cycle. After this we were forced to do IVF because my husband had a failed vasectomy reversal that only worked for a year and a half. The facility only does frozen cycles from what I gathered. The success rate is higher ans we wanted the PGS testing so that is the option we chose. We did follistem,luperon and a trigger for the retrieval. Luperon and progesterone for the transfer.
Overall the nurses were pleasant. They rushed through the instructions for medication which was confusing. There was confusion about my trigger shot with the nurse that called me but luckily it was clarified before I took it.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean, always busy! The front desk clerks are very nice but because they are busy all the time they do get behind. There were numerous times we went in for an appointment and waited 15-30 minutes after our appointment time. I would recommend making blood appointments first thing in the morning--you get in and out faster. The phlebotomists are very good with small veins and very nice. The ultrasound techs explain as much as they can during exams to make sure you know how the cycle is going and how big the eggs are.
Overall the cost for IVF with a 5-day frozen transfer and PGS was less than $20k
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
The nurse that called for my retrieval trigger had the wrong information about what time to take my shot. She had to call me back with information to clarify. She called back within 20minutes way before I actually had to take my shot but it was frustrating. She was not my regular nurse and it was the only time I spoke with her.

2015, Successful
Dr. Patel was very passionate and friendly. She communicated with me every step of the way and was very clear and precise in the information given. She made the best decisions based on her knowledge and what was best for me....Dr. Patel was very friendly from the beginning and always listened to my concerns. She was always very professional, yet established a great relationship with me. She wanted me to feel comfortable; it was not hard to open up to her and build trust. She was an amazing doctor!
They [CRM - Ctr Repro Med - Celebration] were very friendly and informative. They always returned my calls and addressed my concerns on a timely manner....Overall I had an excellent experience! The location was very convenient for me. If I couldn't make it to the appointments, they ensured I would be seen at their next closest location. They did whatever in their power to keep me satisfied.... Dr. Patel was very friendly from the beginning and always listened to my concerns.
Be open and always speak your concerns and worries. Do not be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Patel was very passionate and friendly. She communicated with me every step of the way and was very clear and precise in the information given. She made the best decisions based on her knowledge and what was best for me. She almost cancelled my frozen egg transfer due to my lining not being "adequate", but she went with her "gut" instinct and proceeded anyway....resulting in my twin boys. I am more than thankful I sought her services. Because of her, I am now a mom and know the meaning of true love. I cannot thank her enough for the precious gift she gave my husband and I.
For Egg retrieval: menopur injections (morning) Bravelle (evening) Cetrotide Lupron For egg Transfer: Birth Control pills Lupron (10 units) in the morning Estrace 1mg and then progesterone
They were very friendly and informative. They always returned my calls and addressed my concerns on a timely manner.
close to $13,000-$14,000
Because they retrieved 31 eggs, 21 eggs fertilized and only 7 eggs made it to to final freezing stage...Doctor was okay with me transferring two embryos because she wanted me to have better chances of me conceiving....(my lining was also not looking ideal; instead of canceling cycle, she wanted to transfer either one or two and see if they would "stick"----luckily, they both did!

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Loy is very educated in his field and the first initial consultation provided us with lots of information and took the time to listen to our questions and to get to know us personally. He was very encouraging and felt good about our IUI's. I did feel though after we went through 3 unsuccessful IUI's we never had any follow up from Dr. Loy.
The clinic [CRM-Orlando] is very busy & the front desk employees were never friendly and felt like you were just another number they had to get through. I do know that they have a new office now since I have been there which they needed very badly with how busy they are.... However, after each round it was just on to the next and after our 3rd failed IUI we were never contacted back from the clinic to re-evaluate or talk about next steps.
I would ask for more questions on what the next steps would be if they treatment is unsuccessful and if there are other routes that can be taken.
I felt like we had lots of encouragement through our three rounds of IUI. However, after each round it was just on to the next and after our 3rd failed IUI we were never contacted back from the clinic to re-evaluate or talk about next steps.
We did three IUI's and I don't remember really the protocol but I know that he did use Letrozol instead of Clomid
I also had a positive experience with the nursing staff. They were also friendly and kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is very busy & the front desk employees were never friendly and felt like you were just another number they had to get through. I do know that they have a new office now since I have been there which they needed very badly with how busy they are.
I don't remember exactly but I believe we paid about $500 total for each IUI treatment