6.9

Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I liked her [Dr. Sejal Patel] personality, she was nice. She seemed to be caring. I didn't like that after I requested and went over my records that her office notes were not exactly as things happened. She is a newer/younger doctor in the CRM office so she is not set in old ways as it seems the older doctors in that office may be.... Too many people in the clinic [CRM- Orlando], not enough time to spend with the patients
It would be nice if the patients were to be made to feel more like people instead of just a number starting with the person who checks u in at the front desk all the way up to and including the doctors.... I was supposed to be called with information on how to proceed further in my treatment by a certain time but never was. I called the office [CRM- Orlando] after hours because I knew I needed the info and if I didn't get it it would be a wasted month. Turns out the nurse should have calle me and given me the go ahead but she didn't and if I hadn't called that month would have been a waste at my expense.
How was your experience with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I liked her personality, she was nice. She seemed to be caring. I didn't like that after I requested and went over my records that her office notes were not exactly as things happened. She is a newer/younger doctor in the CRM office so she is not set in old ways as it seems the older doctors in that office may be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Make sure you say everything u need to say and ask everything u need to ask. Make sure she understands and hears u clearly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Too many people in the clinic, not enough time to spend with the patients and don't feel like everything is done thoroughly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Not the worst I've had nor the best I've had but not bad at all.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I was supposed to be called with information on how to proceed further in my treatment by a certain time but never was. I called the office after hours because I knew I needed the info and if I didn't get it it would be a wasted month. Turns out the nurse should have calle me and given me the go ahead but she didn't and if I hadn't called that month would have been a waste at my expense.
Sejal Patel
2014, Successful
He took time to listen to our frustrations...He's very smart, so there are times you can see him focused and analyzing the situation...What I most appreciated about Dr. Loy was his ability to see past just the right now. If a protocol didn't seem to work he was ready to discuss possible changes the next time to help illicit better results. I had previously had a physician continue the same protocol month after month without any success and it was very frustrating and expensive. Dr. Loy was honest about our results for our last IUI and we were heartbroken to hear that they were not as encouraging as we had hoped, but he encouraged us to go through with the IUI and then we arranged a meeting to discuss how to change things the next time and had a plan all in place.
The staff is this offices [CRM Orlando] biggest weakness. The only member of their staff who I can give glowing reviews of is their phlebotomist at the Winter Park office. She's amazing and so very patient. The rest of their current staff is not very knowledgeable and seem to be very disorganized. I had to tell the MA that called me when I should have a follow up appointment and if I hadn't insisted on being re scanned for follicle growth we would have missed out on our window and possibly on our sweet baby girl.
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What I most appreciated about Dr. Loy was his ability to see past just the right now. If a protocol didn't seem to work he was ready to discuss possible changes the next time to help illicit better results. I had previously had a physician continue the same protocol month after month without any success and it was very frustrating and expensive. Dr. Loy was honest about our results for our last IUI and we were heartbroken to hear that they were not as encouraging as we had hoped, but he encouraged us to go through with the IUI and then we arranged a meeting to discuss how to change things the next time and had a plan all in place. By the grace of God we never had to move onto the "next step" and we now have a healthy baby girl!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He is straight to the point. Intelligent, but not so much that it impedes his ability to be empathetic. We are very thankful for him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He took time to listen to our frustrations regarding previous cycles with another physician. He's very smart, so there are times you can see him focused and analyzing the situation, but I preferred that cerebral side of him to having a doctor who was overly warm and fuzzy and not trying to figure out the problem.
The staff is this offices biggest weakness. The only member of their staff who I can give glowing reviews of is their phlebotomist at the Winter Park office. She's amazing and so very patient. The rest of their current staff is not very knowledgeable and seem to be very disorganized. I had to tell the MA that called me when I should have a follow up appointment and if I hadn't insisted on being re scanned for follicle growth we would have missed out on our window and possibly on our sweet baby girl.
Randall Loy
2012 - 2014, Successful
I came to Dr. Loy after a poor experience with another doctor. He was very clear and direct on how to proceed. He listened and seemed to care. I felt better leaving after our first consult...Dr. Loy knows his job very well. I am fully confident in him and would never see anyone else. A different Doctor did the 1st transfer.It was a fresh one and had to be done that day. He wasn't there. When he learned it didn't work he promised to do the next one. He did the next 2 and they both worked. If I decide to have a third child, I will see him again. We have 3 embryos still there. He is the best.
[Nursing staff at CRM Orlando] They always called the same time everyday so that helped. They were clear and would answer any question...This clinic gave me 2 kids so I have nothing but positive things to say. Great place....15000 for egg donor part 4000 for transfer...Dr. Loy knows his job very well. I am fully confident in him and would never see anyone else. A different Doctor did the 1st transfer.It was a fresh one and had to be done that day. He wasn't there. When he learned it didn't work he promised to do the next one.
You are in the right place. Ask any question you have no matter how silly it may sound. He cares and will listen.
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
I did donor eggs. Used lupron shot in morning. Waited for triple stripe in uterus. Did progresterone suppositories. They weren't strong enough. Went to progresterone shots. My advice, forget the suppositories and ask for the shot. I had bleeding my 1st pregnancy and always wonder if I lost 1 transferred 2 because of the low progesterone. I have a son and daughter from 3 transfers. 2 single and 1 double.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Marna I think)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
15000 for egg donor part 4000 for transfer
Randall Loy

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Silva made me feel comfortable wen meeting with him. I didn't feel too rushed. He gave me tissues and time to cry when I became emotional. He did a pretty good job of explaining things. The only thing I didn't appreciate was always hearing about the IVF option. I knew it was an option but I wanted to try other methods first. He did not in any way pressure me to have IVF. However it was usually mentioned as an option in our meetings.
Lauren [a nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!.... Several locations which is great. Wish they had early morning hours and late hours for regular appointments.... HSG Blood work Semen analysis for husband Prep body/ovaries, etc for IUI Vitamins for husband and I Ultrasounds to check ovaries, etc 1 round of IUI with negative for pregnancy.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Be comfortable to ask as many questions as you want. Seek clarification and understanding regarding any information givento you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He did a good job of sitting down with me and my husband and explained things to us.
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Sanabria)
Lauren was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Don't remember exactly but I believe it was reasonable. We paid mostly out of pocket.
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Celso Silva

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she [Dr Jaffe] made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
It was very much a sales pitch. they insisted that they try the "most cost effective solution" first but then later admitted that it almost never works the first or second time and must people have 6 IUIs. We couldn't afford 6 without applying for their financing.
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
It was originally made to sound like I was just "doing it wrong" and I was required to repeat costly tests not covered by insurance when my OBGYN had sent all the previous tests to her office. We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Ask "how long do you anticipate my treatment plan to take?" and go prepaired with facts. They might do good work (it didn't work for me) but it's all a form of sales.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
It was all very clinical while I was desperate for answers and a baby.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
We did 1 IUI "blind to see what happens" which was upsetting because it was costly and we had been trying for 4 years at that point and this wasn't explained up front. Again, it was as if we just didn't "get" how to achieve pregnancy. The 2nd IUI consisted of "sperm washing" to ensure viable sperm and the 3rd with sperm washing, drugs to force ovulation (I had no issue ovilating) and at home fertility injections into my belly.
Much more warmth and compassion but too busy and rushed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Beautiful and clean. World renowned reviews.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Each IUI cost a minimum of $700 but that is without any drugs, initial testing, or office visits. Over all, after testing, drugs, and our 3 (failed) IUIs; we spend about $4000 before we decided to take a break for treatments.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Sharon Jaffe
Lake Mary

2013, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Silva] was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries...went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg...went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving
You have to prepay to even begin as an established patient [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] before even being seen by the doctors, which isn’t what I was used to. The staff is however very friendly and helpful when you call or have any kind of questions...He [Dr. Celso Silva] decided I had a possible blockage and needed to send the sperm closer to the egg try 3 cycles of IUI, then IVF...He was very kind and explained our situation well.
He was very nice and went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving- we had my former OB who I did my Clomid and Letrozole treatments with and husbands sperm analysis send over her paper work. He went through each page with us, reading carefully. He checked my tubes during a office visit and then went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg. We didn’t continue treatment because of the out of pocket costs and traveling out of town missing work.
Nothing- he takes care of everything for you.
He was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries- C-section and when part of my cervix was removed during a cone biopsy.
I included this in a previous answer. He decided I had a possible blockage and needed to send the sperm closer to the egg try 3 cycles of IUI, then IVF. The mounting costs of all these procedures weighted heavy on our shoulders ontop of the drive to the clinics (45 minutes away) and missing work. My insurance doesn’t cover anything with fertility treatments
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
You have to prepay to even begin as an established patient before even being seen by the doctors, which isn’t what I was used to. The staff is however very friendly and helpful when you call or have any kind of questions.
Copays for diagnostic treatment. Then when I started rounds of IUI it was completely out of pocket and had to be paid before treatment was given. I would have to pay for medications, sonograms, sperm washing and handling and the actual treatment itself.
Celso Silva