Genetic counseling is not offered
Selling medication is not offered
Selling medication is not offered

220 Fort Sanders West Blvd. Suite 106
Knoxville, TN 37922

The wait times at the clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine Knoxville] can be annoying. There’s only one doctor and one nurse practitioner. IVF is not offered here, and if needed, you’ll be referred to someone in Nashville. This clinic is more expensive than surrounding clinics...Other than one secretary, we were never greeted by name. When we arrived, they were more concerned about getting money instead of getting us back to our appointment.
How was your experience with Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
During our time with Dr. doody, we went under initial testing to discover what was “wrong.” I was scheduled for a laparoscopy, which revealed that I had an early stage of endometriosis. All of my other test results came back fine. We did two cycles with Clomid, and then 4 IUIs, all with Clomid and no positive result. My biggest concern with Dr. doody was the repetitiveness of his procedures. I felt that we needed to change things up after 2 failed IUIs, as everything was perfect for them. We haven’t actually been able to sit down with Dr. doody since before our 1st IUI. During our sit down time with him, he seems concerned and seems to want to help. However, that’s about the only time I have felt like someone wants to help us. We are continuing treatment, but we are refusing to go forth with another IUI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Request appointment time WITH Dr. doody!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Describe the protocols Michael Doody used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville and their degree of success.
During our very first appointment, Dr. doody sat down with us and questioned us for what seemed like forever. He also did a bit of bloodwork and an ultrasound as well. We scheduled an insulin resistance test, and then scheduled an exploratory laparoscopy. After the laparoscopy, it was revealed that I had an early stage of endometriosis. He, of course, removed what he could during the surgery. My husband had a semen analysis, and we went for our post op to see what our game plan would be. We did two cycle with Clomid 50 and 100mg. Neither worked, so we moved onto a cycle with Clomid 100mg and a trigger shot. This was our first cycle with an IUI. our next three IUIs consisted of Clomid 100, 150, and 125mg. All included trigger shots as well. After our last failed IUI, we requested to have a sit down appointment with Dr. doody to see what we could do other than IUIs. We are awaiting the appointment as we speak.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
They did not seem as caring as Dr. doody or his secretary. They were more of a “let’s get you done out out of here” type nurses.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The wait times at the clinic can be annoying. There’s only one doctor and one nurse practitioner. IVF is not offered here, and if needed, you’ll be referred to someone in Nashville. This clinic is more expensive than surrounding clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Overall, we have paid right around $10,000 out of pocket since seeing Dr. doody. That’s through 2 medicated cycles, 4 iuis, a surgery, and consultation. We do not have insurance coverage for fertility.
Knoxville

Dr doody was very communicative and took time to explain the science behind each of the potential procedures when we met with him. But that was the last time that we ever saw him. We went through three IUIs without ever seeing him again. When our IUIs were ineffective there was no meeting with Dr doody to possibly think about other treatments. ... There was no optimizing or suggestions from the doctor or his nurses [CRM].
The clinic [CRM] wants failed to call my prescription for Clomid in. I had to remind them ... The people at the front desk were friendly. The nurses, on the other hand, really rushed us through treatment. There were a few who seemed to be annoyed at our questions. We really had to pry for answers and explanations. Often times our concerns were met with skepticism or silence. ... The back of the house staff were non-communicative and not compassionate ...
When you initially meet with Dr Doody and his nurses request that the doctor and nurses take the time to fully explain procedures to you. Let them know that you don't want to be handled as just a number.
We began our first IUI with both of us on Clomid. Our second IUI had me on Clomid and my wife with an injectable. Our 3rd IUI was the same as the second. We never had a pregnancy. We essentially chose our own treatment. There was no optimizing or suggestions from the doctor or his nurses.
The nursing staff where my least favorite part of doctor duties office. As I said before, the front desk staff were mostly friendly and helpful. The back of the house staff were non-communicative and not compassionate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The clinic is in Farragut. It is clean. The equipment is quite old. Ancient. We were very disappointed with the machines and tests that were used at this Clinic. With all the money going into these procedures I'm not quite sure why better equipment has not been purchased to date.
Cost for drugs, tests, and treatment are pretty on par for what they are around most of the country. We did have some issues getting our Diagnostics labeled as such through our insurance. This meant that we ended up paying more than I believe we should have.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The clinic wants failed to call my prescription for Clomid in. I had to remind them and pressure them to call it in before I went out of town on business. We had to monitor our cycle ourself and pretty much create our treatment plan our self. This involved reminding the clinic of our needs rather than letting the professionals tell us what we needed to do.
Knoxville

He [Dr. Michael Doody] is very thorough in the beginning but then he’s too busy for you...Take clomid for 2 months and do ovulation tests at home. After that was all negative we started IUI...was amazing but I only saw him twice and spoke to him on the phone once...had to demand to see him to switch things up. At that point he didn’t so invested and almost annoyed. After that appointment I never saw him again yet still did 3 IUI’s after...
the nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] seems to just wing it when it came to sticking to our plan...I absolutely loved Andra, the practitioner. She truly was there for me!...She [nurse] had no idea what was going on, no idea why I had a chart because she never read it. I had to clue her in on what was going on every visit...front desk manager took my call. She asked for my name and then told me my account was in collections for $500 and would not be able to let me do my IUI the following day. I explained to her that she had to have me mixed up with someone else and that I was just there with only $30 due.
My first appointment Dr. Doody had me in his personal office going through everything from family history to details about my cycle. I was super impressed! When I had my laparoscopy surgery I was very nervous with it being my first surgery ever. He could tell how scared I was and really comforted me and made me feel at easy. But were I got frustrated was when I was absolutely over clomid and had to demand to see him to switch things up. At that point he didn’t so invested and almost annoyed. After that appointment I never saw him again yet still did 3 IUI’s after.
He is very thorough in the beginning but then he’s too busy for you.
I put in the middle because the nurses seems to just wing it when it came to sticking to our plan. Dr. Doody was amazing but I only saw him twice and spoke to him on the phone once. I absolutely loved Andra, the practitioner. She truly was there for me! I had a cyst bust and came in the office and broke down crying. She really should that she cared. Hugged me and told me everything would be ok. After that happened we started our next IUI and I mentioned how painful it was to the nurse, Brenda, and she blew it off and said people dont even feel them. Frustrating. I also loved the front desk girl, Heidi. She was very personable and truly treated me like we’d been friends for years. So Brenda the nurse sucked. Dr. Doody was good but wish I would have seen him more. Andra and Heidi were exceptional!
Take clomid for 2 months and do ovulation tests at home. After that was all negative we started IUI with ultrasounds for egg count and trigger shot and then came in a week later to check progesterone. After two IUI’s I had to insist to take progesterone pills per my original consult. For clomid, i would call the office when I started my period and then take the medicine starting the 5th day. Day 13 come in for an ultrasound to count eggs and give pregnyl shot at night and day 15 was IUI. Femara I had to go in on day 3 for a pregnancy test and start taking the medicine that day. Repeat day 13 and 15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville. (Assigned nurse: Brenda)
Brenda was terrible and that’s the nicest way to say it. She had no idea what was going on, no idea why I had a chart because she never read it. I had to clue her in on what was going on every visit.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Heidi at the front desk is amazing!!! The nurses in the lab were always very friendly also. Pam was a good nurse I just never got to see her. Brenda is terrible, get ready to be frustrated or just request Pam straight away. Andra, the practitioner is a rock star!! She’s down to earth and makes you feel comfortable in a setting that is scary and tons at stake. Dr. Doody has great bedside manner but you’ll only see him a few times.
My insurance only covered a blood test here and there everything else was out of pocket. IUI was $420 if a nurse did it or $520 if the practitioner did it. We ended up paying around $8,000 from january to December
I called the day before an IUI appointment to see if and how much I had due on my account to pay before treatment (protocol). A few days before it was $30, Heidi (my main point of contact with my account) was busy. So the front desk manager took my call. She asked for my name and then told me my account was in collections for $500 and would not be able to let me do my IUI the following day. I explained to her that she had to have me mixed up with someone else and that I was just there with only $30 due. She would not listen nor did she care. I tried to talk to the doctor and anyone else u til she hung up on me. I call my husband in tears right after when she calls me back and finally asks to confirm my birthday. She then realized that she was looking at the wrong account and apologized. I did explain again how I told her that she was mistaken and she didn’t listen. She called me again to apologize again, which I told her it was fine, and got off the phone. The next day comes and she pulls me in the office to apologize again while crying which of course got me crying and upset yet again right before my IUI. My husband and I both were irritated that the situation would not go away and then I’m worked up yet again. As for medicine not being called in, that happened once and then they acted like it was no big deal to push the entire protocol back a day. Why have a set protocol if it just changes?
Knoxville

Holly is a very sweet receptionist and is probably the most positive thing about going to this clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville].... Turns out the office does not service single women trying to conceive so I was turned away all together to seek out a new RE. The original phlebotomist was not good and I had several bad sticks with her. There was a second phlebotomist that started a few months in and I was thankful that she had a better hand at hitting my veins.
Initial interview was ok, but he overreacted to my justifiably emotional state and it was hard to get past. The information he gave in the initial interview was overwhelming and not very layman friendly. Any other interaction with him seemed like I was wasting his time.
Take the time to congratulate your patients for their pregnancy, he did not. Take the time to realize that having to see and RE is a scary thing for most women and although you deal with it every day they do not.
I was treated well by his staff for the most part, but only saw Dr Doody on 4 occasions over the 11 months I was treated. Once with the initial consult, once because I requested it, once for the exploratory surgery, and finally at the 10 week exit ultrasound where he then told me not to breastfeed my child and start trying to conceive again right away if I wanted a second child (no congratulations or anything nice). He does not personally invest in his patients, he leaves it up to his Nurse Practitioner and other staff to do all the real work. I was given unclear instructions with my HCG shots and so the first one I administered myself was 1/3 the dose. Communication was very frustrating.
First couple cycles were timed intercourse only tracking ovulation (semen analysis next day). First clomid medicated cycle was at 50mg with timed intercourse and testing of semen, which showed all dead. Before starting the IUI process to get past the effect of the clomid I went through exploratory surgery and found grade 1 endometriosis and a narrowed cervical canal. Both were fixed. Started next cycle at Clomid 100, IUI, no trigger, no pregnancy. Next cycle was Clomid 150, trigger (administered wrongly at 1/3 the dose), no pregnancy. Next cycle was Clomid 200, trigger, no pregnancy. Last cycle was Clomid 250, trigger, positive test 13dpIUI. All cycles my progesterone was tracked and it only got over 20 during the Clomid 150 cycle and the clomid 250 cycle. Both times my ultrasound showed three follicles (one dominant each time). All cycles with trigger shots were timed with Ultrasound verification of follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville. (Assigned nurse: Andra Lynn Curetin-Hutchins)
Andra Lynn Curetin-Hutchins was handling most all appointments with an occasional other RN filling in here and there. She really functions as the clinics doctor in that she oversees everything and only consults with Dr Doody with lab results each day. She was the one to make the daily call back with progesterone results as well as ultrasound timing and IUI timing. Other than one incident of miscommunication about the HCG shot I had no problem with her. Given she was pretty much running the clinic she could have a tendency to be a bit short with you.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Holly is a very sweet receptionist and is probably the most positive thing about going to this clinic. There does seem to be some lack of communication between the two front receptionist ladies given I just recently contacted them to make an appointment for trying for a second child and she made it with the NP, the other receptionist later called me back saying I had to make the appt with Dr Doody. Turns out the office does not service single women trying to conceive so I was turned away all together to seek out a new RE. The original phlebotomist was not good and I had several bad sticks with her. There was a second phlebotomist that started a few months in and I was thankful that she had a better hand at hitting my veins. This clinic has a hands off doctor, and it shows.
IUI $450 per treatment, progesterone tests $95 per month, HCG shots $113 per month, cost of laproscopy/hysteroscopy $2000.
There should have been written instructions with the HCG shots given the clinic requires different dosing than is given by the company that sends you the shot (only using 1cc of saline rather than all 3cc provided). I mixed according to instruction given with the shot and did not find out until next cycle that I had not given the shot properly.
2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Initially he [Dr. Michael Doody] made me feel heard and addressed all my concerns, but as the treatments went on, I felt he became less interested in finding out why nothing was working and just wanted to push me to the next treatment. I felt like he just gave up and wanted to move to IVF.... He laid out a plan for us and seemed hopeful. As our treatments went on and nothing was working, it seemed he got a little less interested. I felt myself having to take more control of my healthcare.
Dr Doody won't do your initial pelvic exam or ultrasound. In fact, the only time we saw him was when we were talking. His nurse practitioner did the initial pelvic exam and all of my ultrasounds [at Reproductive Center for Medicine, Knoxville]. His nurses did my IUI's. At the time I didn't realize that wasn't the norm, but now after seeing another RE, I know that's not how I want my fertility care be handled. The front staff was wonderful and always smiling. The nurses in the lab were also nice, but again I felt like I was on a conveyor belt. There was not real personal connection, and at one point I saw them 3-4 times per week.
At the first visit it was obvious Dr Doody wanted to help us. We sat in his office and he asked about our detailed history. He laid out a plan for us and seemed hopeful. As our treatments went on and nothing was working, it seemed he got a little less interested. I felt myself having to take more control of my healthcare.
Do your research and each treatment and don't be afraid to ask questions. We sort of just "went along" with what he suggested, instead of researching.
Initially he made me feel heard and addressed all my concerns, but as the treatments went on, I felt he became less interested in finding out why nothing was working and just wanted to push me to the next treatment. I felt like he just gave up and wanted to move to IVF.
I had laparoscopic surgery to clean out my endometriosis. I then did 2 natural cycles before moving on to 50mg clomid for 3 cycles. We did clomid with IUI once and then HMG injections with trigger shot for 3 cycles. We didn't ask for a rationale on the type of injectables we did.
There were 2 main nurses that I had interaction with. They were nice and did their jobs well, but I sometimes felt they lacked compassion. They were very quick to return my calls, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Dr Doody won't do your initial pelvic exam or ultrasound. In fact, the only time we saw him was when we were talking. His nurse practitioner did the initial pelvic exam and all of my ultrasounds. His nurses did my IUI's. At the time I didn't realize that wasn't the norm, but now after seeing another RE, I know that's not how I want my fertility care be handled. The front staff was wonderful and always smiling. The nurses in the lab were also nice, but again I felt like I was on a conveyor belt. There was not real personal connection, and at one point I saw them 3-4 times per week.
My out of pocket surgery cost was about $3,000, with insurance paying anything over that. My clomid cycles were about $200 each. That covered the clomid and progesterone blood work. My clomid with IUI was about $1,000, and my injectable IUI cycles were almost $2,500. My insurance paid for some of my infertility testing, but none of the treatments, so all of that was out of pocket.
Knoxville

I only saw Dr Doody a couple times and was always handled by the RN. Appointments seemed rushed and not sufficient explanations. ... Dr Doody did a laparascopy on me and started me on clomid. ... He was a very compassionate Dr but never diagnosed my PCOS or endometriosis which it turns out I have both so that would explain my infertility. We ended up pregnant on a cycle they explained I did not ovulate on but it ended in a miscarriage. He was an average Dr with a huge patient load.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville] was very clean and organized. The front desk ladies were always super nice and helpful. Retrieving results and information could have been easier. More compassion could have been shown by the nurses. ... I called to get lab results and they were unable to locate them. Very frustrating during a cycle when certain things need to happen on certain days.
Demand answers and information from Dr and staff.
Dr Doody did a laparascopy on me and started me on clomid. We conceived on the cycle after being informed we did not ovulate but sadly we lost the baby.
Most of them were nice but a couple of them seemed unhappy and overworked everytime I was around them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The clinic was very clean and organized. The front desk ladies were always super nice and helpful. Retrieving results and information could have been easier. More compassion could have been shown by the nurses.
Expensive out of pocket cost. Laproscopy was scheduled and I was told the cost would be minimal for me but I owed them 20,000 afterwards. Very conflicting information given from front desk staff than what was billed.
2019, Consult
I think my visit was a mixed bag. I had a diagnosis of premature ovarian failure and he [ Dr. Michael Doody] was pretty blunt about it. He was sincere and compassionate with explanation, but I left not really understanding what my options were besides egg donor/embryo donation...[new patient advice]ask a lot of questions if you have them
Strengths [of Center for Reproduction Medicine of Knoxville] were the nursing staff was great. Weakness - Dr. Doody is very blunt, not the easiest for me to feel comfortable with. I was only there for one appointment though for my diagnosis so not sure how the clinic functions once treatment begins...He [doctor] was sincere and compassionate with explanation, but I left not really understanding what my options were besides egg donor/embryo donation.
I think my visit was a mixed bag. I had a diagnosis of premature ovarian failure and he was pretty blunt about it. He was sincere and compassionate with explanation, but I left not really understanding what my options were besides egg donor/embryo donation.
Be prepared for very blunt information, and to ask a lot of questions if you have them
He really gave me the facts, and was caring about how they came across. He takes time to talk with you, although is very blunt.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Strengths were the nursing staff was great. Weakness - Dr. Doody is very blunt, not the easiest for me to feel comfortable with. I was only there for one appointment though for my diagnosis so not sure how the clinic functions once treatment begins.