777 Hemlock Street
Macon, GA 31201
478.633.1000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Central Georgia Fertility Navicent to a friend?

2 doctors
The clinic [Central Georgia Fertility] is great. Unfortunately they are the only clinic in the middle ga area. I wish there were more doctors/nurses. I'm sure they would appreciate more help. That said that doesn't take away from the care I have received.... Dee [a nurse] is awesome. Very thorough with exams and instructions on how to take meds. Returns calls immediately. I never have unanswered questions when I leave the office.
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
The clinic is great. Unfortunately they are the only clinic in the middle ga area. I wish there were more doctors/nurses. I'm sure they would appreciate more help. That said that doesn't take away from the care I have received.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
During my last miscarriage, Dr. Hawkins got a little emotional. She felt my pain. The staff know me and I feel as though they want to help me get pregnant and carry the baby to term.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent. (Assigned nurse: Dee Nelson )
Dee is awesome. Very thorough with exams and instructions on how to take meds. Returns calls immediately. I never have unanswered questions when I leave the office.
How was your experience with Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
I love Dr. Hawkins! We are about the same age. I have a beautiful love story (i married at age 37) and I genuinely feel that she wants me to be pregnant just like a best friend would. With my last loss we used injectables and I got pregnant on the first cycle. Then I lost the baby and Dr. Hawkins got a little emotional as we went into her office. I truly feel she was hurt by the loss of my pregnancy like a best friend would be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
You will love her. She is personable and very thorough.
Describe the protocols Kristina Hawkins used in your cycles at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent and their degree of success.
Femara 5mg. I had used clomid under the care of another Dr had miscarriages. Femara is supposed to be better than clomid and we were hoping a different medicine would produce a different outcome. I didn't ovulate on the femara. Injectable cycle 9 days of stim with gonal f. I wanted something more aggressive as I am an older woman. Achieved pregnancy but ultimately had a miscarriage.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
Co pay for visits with Dr. For monitoring, these visits were covered with no co pay. Meds were covered and only required co pay.
Macon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I do t have anything good to say about the clinics nurses [Central Georgia Fertility Navicent]. That is who patients see 90% of the time. Most of the time when I came in they had no idea what was going on I would have to remind them where I was in my cycle and why I was there.... In my honest opinion, her nurses were awful. They never return phone calls. See even made jokes about me only having one tube due to an ectopic pregnancy.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I do t have anything good to say about the clinics nurses. That is who patients see 90% of the time. Most of the time when I came in they had no idea what was going on I would have to remind them where I was in my cycle and why I was there. My biggest advice to new patients would be advocate for yourself. Do not let the nurses push you around.
I felt more like a human with Dr. Hawkins because when I was having an ectopic pregnancy she walked with me every step of the way. She consistently checked on me throughout the whole process. We couldn’t have made it through such a tough time without her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia and Dee)
What specific things went wrong at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Dr. Hawkins is nothing shy of amazing. She truly cares about her patients. My favorite thing about her is that she lays out all the options for treatment plans and gives percentages of success rate. She also warns about cost which I appreciated.
Be patient with her. She is very busy with them interns but she does have your best interest at heart.
My first 6 mo the seeing Dr. Hawkins we ran many test to see what our issues were. These test included seman analysis, saline ultrasound and blood work. My first medicated cycle we did 50 Mg of clomid to see how I would respond. She monitored the whole first cycle. I responded well, but I did not conceive. My second cycle I did the same medication without monitoring. I conceived. It ended in an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my left Fallopian tube. Third cycle we did 50 mg of clomid, monitoring, failed round. Fourth we bumped up the dosage to 100 mg and monitoring. Another failed round Fifth round we went to 150 mg and monitoring and plus the trigger shot. Also another failed round. Each time my follicles grew beautifully and I ovulated I just could not conceive. This is when she offered us a referral to an ivf clinic.
My insurance covered 80 percent with my care from dr. Hawkins.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Cynthia [nurse at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent] is WONDERFUL! She was beyond caring and compassionate. Dee [nurse] was not quite as warm and seemed very disinterested in our care...Very well organized and the staff is very knowledgeable. Due to the small size of the practice, it is easy to get to know everyone on staff. The clinic is great about explaining the cost of treatment as well as scheduling appointments to the patient's needs.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Dr. Butler is not a warm man, which can contribute to a feeling of being just a number. He did, however, go over all results thoroughly with me and my spouse and made it clear he was invested in our care.
Cynthia is WONDERFUL! She was beyond caring and compassionate. Dee was not quite as warm and seemed very disinterested in our care.
What specific things went wrong at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
How was your experience with William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Doctor Butler is very knowledgeable, but seems to be less hands on with treatment. We were seen by another doctor in the practice far more than Doctor Butler. He was very efficient in establishing a course of treatment and was thorough in all diagnoses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Do not take his seemingly detached personality personally.
Describe the protocols William Butler used in your cycles at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent and their degree of success.
Doctor Butler began with bloodwork which showed elevated prolactin. He repeated the bloodwork and followed it with an MRI to conclude with the diagnosis of pituitary microadenoma. He prescribed medication to treat the symptoms and also prescribed letrozol to induce ovulation. When the initial dose was ineffective, Dr. Butler increased the dose. We became pregnant via our 4th IUI.
Macon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.

I love the clinic [Central Georgia Fertility Navicent] but the iui with meds is extremely expensive. The location is great, all staff friendly and knowledgeable. Decisions are made quickly and based on what is best for you. I never felt pressured to have to do anything including meds.... at my initial visit the nurse took all notes for me because the information was overwhelming... Iui with meds would have been 4k which in my opinion the odds were not good enough for that amount.
European, Latino, Native American
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I love the clinic but the iui with meds is extremely expensive. The location is great, all staff friendly and knowledgeable. Decisions are made quickly and based on what is best for you. I never felt pressured to have to do anything including meds.
Dr butler is very kind and treated me like I was his child. We were recommended to do iui but it is very expensive, 4k with meds so am looking into other clinics
Very kind, explains everything in details and at my initial visit the nurse took all notes for me because the information was overwhelming
Very very kind Dr. Very nice and supportive. He addresses you and sits right next to you on your level.he held my hand as he explained my endometriosis diagnosis. He took his time and explained everything thouroughly.
He is very fast moving and ready to attack infertility at all angles.
After all testing to ensure I ovulate and have good egg reserve and that my husband's sperm were good. He immediately seemed to know I had endometriosis. He scheduled the remove surgery 1 month later. And the following month we started back trying to conceive , still no luck then referred to do iui
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I paid my copays of 75 each visit, which were a lot and deductible for surgery , no other services were covered by my insurance. Iui with meds would have been 4k which in my opinion the odds were not good enough for that amount.

2012 - 2016
Very personable and empathetic. They cry when you cry and jump for joy for you! I love everyone in that office [Central Georgia Fertility]....Cynthia and Dee are great! They tolerate me quite well and return my phone calls promptly.
2012 - 2016
Very personable and empathetic. They cry when you cry and jump for joy for you! I love everyone in that office.
Dr. Hawkins is also a teaching dr, so you only see her when neccessary (for consults and procedures). Which has never bothered me bc for the most part you only go in for blood test and ultrasounds to check your progress. But, she does review all of the results and responds via nurses.
It has nothing to do with Dr. Hawkins, she's absolutely fantastic, but every woman's body is different and things may not always work the way they should or textbook style. Be patient, be cautiously optomistic and be flexible. Also, she does not do IVF, she will refer you to another clinic for that, but she will do the monitoring for the IVF cycles.
About 3 rounds of clomid, different strengths, no results. 2 rounds of ovidrel, increasing dosages, not enough results. Several rounds of Follistem for a natural insemination, varying dosages trying to get the right number of follicles. 1 cycle resulted in trigger shot. Neg preg test. Moved on to IVF. Dr. Hawkins does not do IVF, but will do monitoring for them.
I had insurance for several treatments, fortunately. For noninsurance covered procedures, price could range from $50 to $300 per visit.
Macon

So far, everyone [Central Georgia Fertility] I have met is very kind and informative. From the nurses to the front desk ladies, everyone is a great part of the team. I would say maybe they could work on their communication skills just a bit more, but overall we are happy with their office... I would say the only negative thing I have come across is that the receptionist isn’t always quick to respond or to send things.
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
So far, everyone I have met is very kind and informative. From the nurses to the front desk ladies, everyone is a great part of the team. I would say maybe they could work on their communication skills just a bit more, but overall we are happy with their office
Dr. Butler was very straight and to the point, but I could also tell he cared.
They were so kind and personable!
What specific things went wrong at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
I am a military wife and new to the area. Dr. Butler was very nice and welcoming. I can tell he assessed all my files because he was very educated on my history when I came to my appointment. After many follow up questions he did an ultrasound to see if my metformin was helping my PCOS symptoms. I fell like Dr. Butler was very up front with everything and did not sugar coat anything. I suggested that IVF was going to most likely be our best option due to my PCOS and my husbands low speed count.
Be ready to hear the truth and facts.
Unfortunately I don’t have much to comment on this quite yet because I have yet to go through this with Dr.Butler
Luckily since I am a military spouse, so far all of my appointments have been covered. But IVF is not covered

2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [the nurses at Central Georgia Fertility Institute] took the time to get to know me and, since I interacted with them the most, were really great about getting my questions answered by the doctor. They listened to me and helped me understand everything.
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Hawkins and her team were always friendly and empathetic. They listened to me and helped me understand everything.
They took the time to get to know me and, since I interacted with them the most, were really great about getting my questions answered by the doctor.
Dr. Hawkins doesn't do IVF, but does everything else and works closely with clinics that do IVF. She has been my primary specialist regarding infertility although I went to another clinic for the egg retrieval and transfer. She performed all tests and I've met with her 2 times regarding plans of action. She was very knowlegeable and did a good job explaining every step, option, risk, and success rate. The nursing staff were also fantastic.
To see her first.

Anovulation, Unexplained
They [the nurses] were personable and didn't make you feel rushed.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Butler personally knew my information from the paperwork I completed beforehand. He didn't wait until he was in with me to do it, it felt like he and his staff knew who I was from the moment I got there. I didn't have to repeat old information and he was thorough with all questions I came with.
They were personable and didn't make you feel rushed.
Nice guy who really seemed to know my case and medical history upon my arrival.
You're going to be overwhelmed simply because of the type of treatment being that it feels so personal. He is kind and caring, you have nothing to fear, he was open to any and all questions. Nothing bad to say.