777 Hemlock Street
Macon, GA 31201
478.633.1000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Central Georgia Fertility Navicent to a friend?
2 doctors
I love the clinic [Central Georgia Fertility Navicent] but the iui with meds is extremely expensive. The location is great, all staff friendly and knowledgeable. Decisions are made quickly and based on what is best for you. I never felt pressured to have to do anything including meds.... at my initial visit the nurse took all notes for me because the information was overwhelming... Iui with meds would have been 4k which in my opinion the odds were not good enough for that amount.
European, Latino, Native American
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I love the clinic but the iui with meds is extremely expensive. The location is great, all staff friendly and knowledgeable. Decisions are made quickly and based on what is best for you. I never felt pressured to have to do anything including meds.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Dr butler is very kind and treated me like I was his child. We were recommended to do iui but it is very expensive, 4k with meds so am looking into other clinics
Very kind, explains everything in details and at my initial visit the nurse took all notes for me because the information was overwhelming
How was your experience with William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Very very kind Dr. Very nice and supportive. He addresses you and sits right next to you on your level.he held my hand as he explained my endometriosis diagnosis. He took his time and explained everything thouroughly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
He is very fast moving and ready to attack infertility at all angles.
Describe the protocols William Butler used in your cycles at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent and their degree of success.
After all testing to ensure I ovulate and have good egg reserve and that my husband's sperm were good. He immediately seemed to know I had endometriosis. He scheduled the remove surgery 1 month later. And the following month we started back trying to conceive , still no luck then referred to do iui
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I paid my copays of 75 each visit, which were a lot and deductible for surgery , no other services were covered by my insurance. Iui with meds would have been 4k which in my opinion the odds were not good enough for that amount.
2012 - 2016
Very personable and empathetic. They cry when you cry and jump for joy for you! I love everyone in that office [Central Georgia Fertility]....Cynthia and Dee are great! They tolerate me quite well and return my phone calls promptly.
2012 - 2016
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Very personable and empathetic. They cry when you cry and jump for joy for you! I love everyone in that office.
How was your experience with Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Dr. Hawkins is also a teaching dr, so you only see her when neccessary (for consults and procedures). Which has never bothered me bc for the most part you only go in for blood test and ultrasounds to check your progress. But, she does review all of the results and responds via nurses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
It has nothing to do with Dr. Hawkins, she's absolutely fantastic, but every woman's body is different and things may not always work the way they should or textbook style. Be patient, be cautiously optomistic and be flexible. Also, she does not do IVF, she will refer you to another clinic for that, but she will do the monitoring for the IVF cycles.
Describe the protocols Kristina Hawkins used in your cycles at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent and their degree of success.
About 3 rounds of clomid, different strengths, no results. 2 rounds of ovidrel, increasing dosages, not enough results. Several rounds of Follistem for a natural insemination, varying dosages trying to get the right number of follicles. 1 cycle resulted in trigger shot. Neg preg test. Moved on to IVF. Dr. Hawkins does not do IVF, but will do monitoring for them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I had insurance for several treatments, fortunately. For noninsurance covered procedures, price could range from $50 to $300 per visit.
Kristina Hawkins
Macon
So far, everyone [Central Georgia Fertility] I have met is very kind and informative. From the nurses to the front desk ladies, everyone is a great part of the team. I would say maybe they could work on their communication skills just a bit more, but overall we are happy with their office... I would say the only negative thing I have come across is that the receptionist isn’t always quick to respond or to send things.
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
So far, everyone I have met is very kind and informative. From the nurses to the front desk ladies, everyone is a great part of the team. I would say maybe they could work on their communication skills just a bit more, but overall we are happy with their office
Dr. Butler was very straight and to the point, but I could also tell he cared.
They were so kind and personable!
What specific things went wrong at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
I am a military wife and new to the area. Dr. Butler was very nice and welcoming. I can tell he assessed all my files because he was very educated on my history when I came to my appointment. After many follow up questions he did an ultrasound to see if my metformin was helping my PCOS symptoms. I fell like Dr. Butler was very up front with everything and did not sugar coat anything. I suggested that IVF was going to most likely be our best option due to my PCOS and my husbands low speed count.
Be ready to hear the truth and facts.
Unfortunately I don’t have much to comment on this quite yet because I have yet to go through this with Dr.Butler
Luckily since I am a military spouse, so far all of my appointments have been covered. But IVF is not covered
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [the nurses at Central Georgia Fertility Institute] took the time to get to know me and, since I interacted with them the most, were really great about getting my questions answered by the doctor. They listened to me and helped me understand everything.
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Hawkins and her team were always friendly and empathetic. They listened to me and helped me understand everything.
They took the time to get to know me and, since I interacted with them the most, were really great about getting my questions answered by the doctor.
Dr. Hawkins doesn't do IVF, but does everything else and works closely with clinics that do IVF. She has been my primary specialist regarding infertility although I went to another clinic for the egg retrieval and transfer. She performed all tests and I've met with her 2 times regarding plans of action. She was very knowlegeable and did a good job explaining every step, option, risk, and success rate. The nursing staff were also fantastic.
To see her first.
Kristina Hawkins
Anovulation, Unexplained
They [the nurses] were personable and didn't make you feel rushed.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Butler personally knew my information from the paperwork I completed beforehand. He didn't wait until he was in with me to do it, it felt like he and his staff knew who I was from the moment I got there. I didn't have to repeat old information and he was thorough with all questions I came with.
They were personable and didn't make you feel rushed.
Nice guy who really seemed to know my case and medical history upon my arrival.
You're going to be overwhelmed simply because of the type of treatment being that it feels so personal. He is kind and caring, you have nothing to fear, he was open to any and all questions. Nothing bad to say.