Cha Fertility Center

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Glendale
1560 E. Chevy Chase Dr
Glendale, CA 91206
323.525.3377
5455 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323.525.3377
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cha Fertility Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 39.7
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Cha Fertility Center.
The Cha Fertility clinic was really nice, orderly, and clean. Everyone there was really professional and did their best to make this very tender process feel safe and calm. My procedure started on time and ended on time. The staff was friendly and caring. They did do something that I wish they didn't, which was they had me wait before I could leave because they wanted me to leave in a wheelchair. That was not necessary and it made me feel weird. The person who took me downstairs withe wheelchair gave me an attitude, as if this was not her job. I didn't need the wheelchair and I definitely didn't want the person pushing my wheelchair to be upset because they had to do it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Kornafel at Cha Fertility Center?
Dr Kornafel is great. It sometimes feels like I'm her only patient. The people there are great too, I always felt like I was their first priority. Dr Kornafel is direct and gives lots of information and I like both of those qualities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cha Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Erin was really kind and gentle throughout this whole process. She was very happy for me after the egg retrieval when we spoke and when I saw her. She also called me often to keep me informed about my embryos. She wished me well and it surprised me that she was on my and said "let's hope that we will do the transfer soon".
How was your experience with Kathleen Kornafel at Cha Fertility Center?
Dr Kornafel is direct and detailed. She will draw pictures and give you the full timelines and send you off knowing what is next. I always want more information and she answers all the questions, even before you can ask them. Dr. Kornafel is experienced and knowledgeable, one of her first babies is a professor at a university. She's been through all of the evolution of fertility treatments over the past 25-30 years and has also gone through it herself to grow her family. I feel like she understands the pain first hand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Kornafel at Cha Fertility Center?
Trust her, indulge her weird jokes. Ultimately you want children and sitting through her jokes is a small price to pay for her expertise because she will help you get to your goal of having children.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Kornafel used in your cycles at Cha Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr Kornafel put me on birth control and did a baseline ultrasound, the first month I had a follicle growing on my left ovary. She wanted to wait until it went away to get started with the FSH shots. At the end of the second month, the follicle had finally gone away and she started me on FSH shots right away. I was on 400 IU of Follistim for 4 days, then on 375 IU of Follistim for 2 days, and then on 375 IU of Follistim and 75 IU of Menopur and 1 vial of ganirelix for 5 days. I did the trigger shot of HCG on the 12th day as well as another small dose of Follistim 150 IU. On the 14th day was my egg retrieval. 10 eggs were retrieved, 5 were mature and ICSI was performed on them and 4 fertilized. By day 6 there were 2 embryos which were frozen and biopsies were sent for PGS. At this time we are still waiting for the results of the PGS to find out if we can continue and perform the implantation.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Cha Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments were with Dr Kornafel at her office. They were super nice and calm. As if there wasn't anyone else that mattered, she gave me her attention.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Kornafel at Cha Fertility Center.
So far I've spent $17,200 on the doctor, clinic, and medications. This is only for the egg retrieval portion. My health insurance doesn't cover ANY costs associated with fertility treatments. They cover 50% of the diagnosis, but that is it. Everything has been out of pocket. The implantation cost, when that occurs will be an additional $2,600.
Describe Kathleen Kornafel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cha Fertility Center.
She has told me that she prefers singleton transfers, I agree with her and I would also like to do singleton transfers.
Kathleen Kornafel
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Clean and organized facility [Cha Fertility Center]. Everyone was kind and compassionate, and communicated well. When I miscarried, they were available for questions at any time and response times were very fast. Facility had a great informational workshop in the beginning as well.... [Nurse] Always kept me in the loop, explained things in detail, communicated well... Dr Berger is compassionate and caring, always explained what was going o
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Cha Fertility Center.
Clean and organized facility. Everyone was kind and compassionate, and communicated well. When I miscarried, they were available for questions at any time and response times were very fast. Facility had a great informational workshop in the beginning as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Berger at Cha Fertility Center?
Great personal skills, bedside manner and communication skills. He always made me feel like he was trying his best to assist us in getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cha Fertility Center.
Always kept me in the loop, explained things in detail, communicated well
How was your experience with Joshua Berger at Cha Fertility Center?
Dr Berger is compassionate and caring, always explained what was going on and I felt he had my best interest in mind. He worked with my husband and I, communicating rationale for treatments and protocols.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Berger at Cha Fertility Center?
Nothing
Describe the protocols Joshua Berger used in your cycles at Cha Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Long Lupron protocol with gonal -f and menopur
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Berger at Cha Fertility Center.
Can’t remember
Describe Joshua Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cha Fertility Center.
recommended we do eSet due to the fact we had done PGS
Joshua Berger
2009 - 2010
I could always get through to him [Dr Sepilian] or the nurse [at Cha Fertility Center] when I called. They were both very pleasant, friendly, and gentle. They explained everything and answered all questions and the nurse even visited me at home to help with injections...It was a bit far from my house (~40 min driving). But the clinic was beautiful with a very relaxed environment. Also it was multicultural which as foreigner I really appreciated.
2009 - 2010
Describe your experience with Cha Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicken Sepilian at Cha Fertility Center?
I could always get through to him or the nurse when I called. They were both very pleasant, friendly, and gentle. They explained everything and answered all questions and the nurse even visited me at home to help with injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cha Fertility Center.
She was the main person that I communicated with. She explained all medication and every step of the procedure.
How was your experience with Vicken Sepilian at Cha Fertility Center?
He was very friendly, and gentle. He always explained every step thoroughly. We often made conversation outside of the strict doctor-patient relationship.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicken Sepilian at Cha Fertility Center?
Have faith in his abilities even if he looks younger than most doctors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicken Sepilian at Cha Fertility Center.
Roughly with medications 25000-30000