Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
105 E 37th St, Suite 1
212-685-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Chelsea Fertility of NYC to a friend?

6.9

2 doctors
It's a small clinic [Chelsea Fertility], they send their lab work out, and there were some hidden fees that I did not anticipate. I am still following up with the lab about billing, as they didn't submit to my insurance. All in all, though, I feel it's worth it for the care that I received. ... I loved the location, the front desk staff, the setting (nice lights, tea, music) and the fact that all procedures are done on site.
Describe your experience with Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
I loved the location, the front desk staff, the setting (nice lights, tea, music) and the fact that all procedures are done on site. There were some fees that I didn't anticipate, and I am wrangling with the lab and my insurance company, but overall I felt that the clinic was a wonderful experience. I have sent two friends there already who have shared my frustration with big university clinics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
I went to Chelsea after a frustrating experience with a huge university clinic. I did not expect success, but was looking to feel like I was cared for, and as though the doctor and staff were invested in my personal outcome. Dr. Hartog heard my request, and responded perfectly. I felt heard, and as though the staff cared about our outcome.
I can't say enough about Elaine, Natasha, and Reena. They were all competent, friendly, caring, and made me feel as though they were personally invested in my outcome. A complete 180 from my experience with the nursing staff at the large clinic. Their skill is part of why I'm now persuaded of the advantages of boutique care.
How was your experience with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
Dr. Hartog was wonderful. She was realistic about my chances, which weren't great, but didn't turn me away despite my age and my history of repeated failures. She heard all of my concerns, was able to adjust our plans, and did all my monitoring herself. I felt safe, and like she understood what I was going through. That I also found success with her is just the icing on the cake.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
It's a small clinic, they send their lab work out, and there were some hidden fees that I did not anticipate. I am still following up with the lab about billing, as they didn't submit to my insurance. All in all, though, I feel it's worth it for the care that I received.
Describe the protocols Beth Hartog used in your cycles at Chelsea Fertility of NYC and their degree of success.
After several failed rounds with estrogen priming at my previous clinic, Dr. Hartog "deprogrammed" me using Ganirelix and progesterone. Then I did lowish dose stims with Follistim and Menopur for a short time - only a week. Triggered with Lupron. She felt that estrogen priming might have over-suppressed me. Though I wound up with fewer embryos ready to transfer than in previous cycles, Dr. Hartog was willing to do the transfer under sedation at my request, which I appreciated. And surprise! It worked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Chelsea took my insurance, which was great. There was a $500 facilities fee that I did not anticipate for the egg retrieval, and I am sorting out the lab billing now, which should have been submitted to my insurance but wasn't.
Describe Beth Hartog's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
If I had had a better response, Dr. Hartog would have liked us to let the embryos go to Day 5 and do PGS testing. We wound up with only one still viable on Day 3, and made the call together that day to do the transfer and hope for the best. She actually called me from her car to discuss it. I very much felt like an active participant in my own care, which was great.
New York City

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The nurses [at Chelsea Fertility] are amazing and always helpful. They return calls and always happy to help...The clinic and the stuff are great...I believe this clinic consists of an amazing team. From secretaries to nurses and the doctor, they are very professional. They always help with any questions you have, fast and efficient. Always ask questions and if you don't understand, ask again. Ask for all your records, find out how you respond to certain medication, ask for explanation and stay informed.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Unfortunately I haven't had success but I believe this clinic consists of an amazing team. From secretaries to nurses and the doctor, they are very professional. They always help with any questions you have, fast and efficient. Always ask questions and if you don't understand, ask again. Ask for all your records, find out how you respond to certain medication, ask for explanation and stay informed.
The clinic and the stuff are great. The doctor spends time individually with every patient, personality returns phone calls and is present at all my appointments.
The nurses are amazing and always helpful. They return calls and always happy to help
How was your experience with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
Dr Hartog is very thorough and she takes the time to explain all the details and spends quality time individually with her patients. She answers all the questions and is present at all appointments. She always returns my phone calls and doesn't rush when spoken to.
Always ask questions, at every appt at every ulstrasound ask how is your body responding, always stay informed.
My first Mini IVF consisted of Femara/ Menopur/ Ganirelix. The doctor intriduced Ganirelix when my follicles were around 15-16 but the antagonist and Femara suppressed my estrogen too much which resulted in 0 eggs retrieved. My second cycle (conventional IVF) was 100IU Follistim (later added 50more IU) 50IU Menopur and Double Ovidrel. I had 10 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized, 6 on day 3 and one grade B blastocyst on day 5 which was transferred but failed to implant. No eggs remained to be frozen.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Very convenient
$7000 for a mini IVF $8000 for conventional IVF
New York City

If you want a clinic where you feel like a patient and not like a lab rat, go to Chelsea. They are able to spend time with you and better yet remember you. I would take note that most appointments are after 9:30 in the AM and before 2PM so it is not the most convenient if you are working...Chelsea Fertility knows the name the minute you walk into their practice. The entire facility is very personable and it is always easy to get a call back from the doctor or a nurse when you have questions. We are on IUI #3 but always feel at home while at Chelsea.
Describe your experience with Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul R. Gindoff at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chelsea Fertility of NYC. (Assigned nurse: Christina )
The nurses at Chelsea are fantastic, often times after the doctor leaves the room they stay behind just to answer questions and to see how you are feeling. They are extremely helpful working insurance and your insurance preferred pharmacies.
How was your experience with Paul R. Gindoff at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
Dr. Gindoff is very knowledgeable and precise. He answers all my questions about "wives tales" and leaves me feeling comfortable. He knows when I am upset & having a bad day and takes me time to explain things to me and comfort me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul R. Gindoff at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
I would walk to each appointment with a list of questions to make sure you get them all answered. When you are there everything can go very quickly if they are busy.
Describe the protocols Paul R. Gindoff used in your cycles at Chelsea Fertility of NYC and their degree of success.
During IUI, Dr. Gindoff monitored me every 2 days while on Letrozole and advised me when to do my trigger shot and when to come back in for the IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul R. Gindoff at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
We are lucky that IUI is full covered
New York City

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul R. Gindoff at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.

Elaine [nurse at Chelsea Fertility of NYC] was very polite and friendly but she wasn’t very organized and she didn’t always return my calls...I had to call often to get my results...I did consultations [with Dr. Gindoff] and work up me and my spouse did blood work I had an endometrial biopsy and hsg everything came back normal he wanted me to do ivf natural but I couldn’t afford it and then proceeds to consider iui natural but did not go through because when my cycle started doctor wasn’t available
Describe your experience with Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Office was clean staff were polite and friendly you will feel comfortable but if your a person that really want to have a baby and you want a compassionate doctor That cares for their patient your going to feel a little off about Dr.gindoff
I got the results I needed but I felt like dr. Gindoff cared more about the price then me (patient) like he wanted to get right to the procedure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chelsea Fertility of NYC. (Assigned nurse: Elaine Alfond)
Elaine was very polite and friendly but she wasn’t very organized and she didn’t always return my calls
How was your experience with Paul R. Gindoff at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
He was respectful seem like he was rushing to get the process over with he didn’t have any compassion seemed more like he cared about the price then me and my concerns i did get some of my questions answered but he was very blunt
He’s a doctor that wants to get straight to the point so if you don’t want a compassionate doctor and want to rush the process then continue the process with dr.gindoff
I did consultations and work up me and my spouse did blood work I had an endometrial biopsy and hsg everything came back normal he wanted me to do ivf natural but I couldn’t afford it and then proceeds to consider iui natural but did not go through because when my cycle started doctor wasn’t available and the time he was my cycle was ending and my work schedule got in the way
Over $500

IUI, Donor Sperm
Dr. Hartog is understanding and loving. She tries to understand what happened in the past and see what she can do. She's willingly to help and succeed in getting you pregnant. Her staff are wonderful have any questions, they are willing to answer. I call the office twice a day if found something in research and ask about it and very understanding and i they don't know the answer they will found out. When my next doctor appointment, they are willginly to over and beyond for their patients.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American, Other
IUI, Donor Sperm
When first visit clinic, she was warm and undestanding. Never felt that with other fertiliy clinics. She made me matter and came with a plan me to get pregnant even though had three miscarriages previous before seeing her. Love my doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chelsea Fertility of NYC. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
She was great. Help me with a sperm bank and went through the list of sperms to choose from sermbank in california
How was your experience with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
ASk her many questions and she has an asnwer. She very understanding and wll find the best treatment. Her first intake sessions are free before you start treatment which is nice. Many fertiliy clinics don't do that but love her office and so eger t help in anyway possible.
We had discussed to use IUI but I decided to do IVF so I'm in the process o chosing a sperm donor for that produres.
Deendng on the treatment it less an 10,000 dollars. IUI is 3000 and IVF is 8000 which I was in shocked.
They prefer to do the best embryo transfer but if you want more than one embryo, it u to the doctor and patient in maning the prodres.
New York City

Transferred two embryos [at Chelsea Fertility of NYC] due to my age and low AMH levels/probable low egg quality...Busy clinic but mostly on time. The financial team could do a Better job with explaining costs up front. IVF cycle costs are slightly cheaper but there are always ‘add ons’ as you go through the cycle. Reception staff great...Dr Gindoff was absent and we saw his colleague. They provided conflicting information on retrieval for fresh vs frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Doctor spent enough time with us to answer our questions in a frank way
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chelsea Fertility of NYC. (Assigned nurse: Elaine Christina and Natasha )
Elaine was excellent. Friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Paul R. Gindoff at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
Dr Gindoff explained things in a clear and frank way. He is very knowledgeable but sometimes won’t let you finish your question before answering. He is prepared to find the answer for you. You just need to tell him what you need and he will explain.
Be prepared to hear the truth. Sometimes it’s not what you want to hear.
Low AMH so high doses of menopur and follistim. 8 days of stim. Fresh transfer after 3 days.
$9500 for cycle plus extras
Describe Paul R. Gindoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Transferred two embryos due to my age and low AMH levels/probable low egg quality.
New York City

[Chelsea Fertility of NYC was] Friendly and organized. Overall good clinic. I was happy with the clinic. Companionate. When I was feeling ill from an infection they weren’t helpful nor did they call to check on me. They were a wonderful clinic but once I became a cash patient they were not as thorough...She [Dr. Beth Hartog] is conservative in the use of medicine...They found water in uterus on egg retrieval and didn’t decide to cancel the transfer.
Describe your experience with Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
As a cash patient recently with dr Hartogs practice. Also with dr keltz.
How was your experience with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
Initially I had a baby with dr hartog and I was very happy but once I became a cash patient and wanted a second baby I fee that she didn’t use good judgment and hasn’t treated me as well. Although she has been helpful.
She is a good Dr but trust your gut
She is conservative in the use of medicine.
All initially was covered with insurance with some out of pocket costs. Once I became a cash patient I had to pay all costs.