Downer's Grove / CIVF Lab & Surgery Center
Lincolnwood (closed)
3725 West Touhy Ave
Lincolnwood, IL 60712

2022, Unsuccessful
Give all of your fears to Dr Joel. He will do everything in his power to make sure you’ll have your miracle baby whether it be your own or through donors. You are in good hands!!...delicate yet frank...explained everything to me in detail and if I had any questions they let me ask them all without rushing me to see their next patients
on I have not been to the actual [Chicago IVF] clinic as of yet, I’ve only been to the surgery center for testing. The surgery center that they use are full of amazing nurses! I felt welcomed and comfortable from check in to check out. Being a new patient often times you don’t know what to do or the next steps to take and everyone I’ve spoken with after every procedure made sure I knew exactly what was going on and who will call me next.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Dr Joel is very experienced in what he does. I haven’t done treatments yet because I have yet to get to that portion, I’ve only done labs and testing. Even with doing just that him and Dr Schultz are AMAZING people! They explained everything to me in detail and if I had any questions they let me ask them all without rushing me to see their next patients. I’m beyond happy that I chose Chicago IVF to go on this journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Dr Joel is delicate yet frank! I explained to him how bad of an experience I had at another fertility company and he reassured me through his words and actions that he cares for his patients and will hold my hand every step of the way. Not only does he make me feel comfortable, he reassures me that I have nothing to fear and that he will do everything he can to give me the child I’ve always wanted.
Describe the protocols Joel Brasch used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
I have yet to make it to treatment cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
I’ve only interacted with her once. She wasn’t as energetic or enthused as other staff members, but it’s not to say that she’s not because it was only our first time speaking with each other over the phone. We have yet to meet in person at the office. This isn’t a negative post by any means because I still have nothing but great things to say about Chicago IVF and it’s staff.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
I have not been to the actual clinic as of yet, I’ve only been to the surgery center for testing. The surgery center that they use are full of amazing nurses! I felt welcomed and comfortable from check in to check out. Being a new patient often times you don’t know what to do or the next steps to take and everyone I’ve spoken with after every procedure made sure I knew exactly what was going on and who will call me next. I give nothing but praise and high regard. I have nothing but positivity to speak upon this company and it’s staff because they have are the ones who are making everything in their power to make my dream come true.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
Unfortunately I haven’t gotten to the financial consultation part for treatments so I’m unaware of the costs. I remember Dr Joel and others saying since my insurance doesn’t cover treatments only labs and testing that it was going to be expensive but no costs were given as of yet.
Describe Joel Brasch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
I have yet to make it to this phase yet.
2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Schultz is very knowledgeable. She was confident in the best way which was reassuring to us as we travel this journey. She is sweet and so kind. She lets us ask questions without making us feel silly for asking...She is amazing. Sweet but straight forward too. Knowledgeable and confident in what she knows and practices...You are in the best capable hands. Just trust the process...Fertility anything without insurance is COSTLY. Each IUI is $1300
[Chicago IVF] Clinic is nice and very clean. Could maybe use an update but that’s definitely not a deal breaker for us. They are organized and keep things orderly which is a big deal to me. They are great. We did have a small issue with billing at one point but got resolved...Organized. Sweet. And wonderful staff. They are amazing at what they do and make you feel like family...Fertility anything without insurance is COSTLY. Each IUI is $1300
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
You are in the best capable hands. Just trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela )
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF.
Fertility anything without insurance is COSTLY. Each IUI is $1300
Natalie Schultz

2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Brasch] discussed our chances of conceiving with different treatments and made me feel the most hopeful I have felt in a while...we had a phone consultation after my failed IUI and he took his time and went through everything all over again including my history, husbands history, first IUI cycle, and his future treatment plan..
They are all so very nice and organized. [The Chicago IVF] Front desk will make you feel very comfortable from your first contact with them. Appointments are on time. I do think that because departments are handled by different groups of employees the communication can easily go wrong such as one person saying one thing and the next person saying something different but for the most part any confusion is quickly resolved.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He is knowledgeable. Up front but compassionate. He is patient. Answers all questions. Spent more than enough time with us. He is a busy person. Only negative is I wish he was more available to speak to face to face.
Make sure to have all questions ready. He will give you the answers as best as possible. Don’t be afraid or embarrassed. Ask anything you need to whether it’s regarding you or your partner.
The nursing staff has been so patient and caring with all my questions. They have been readily available whenever I need anything. Doctor unfortunately could not meet with me face to face due to covid however we had a phone consultation after my failed IUI and he took his time and went through everything all over again including my history, husbands history, first IUI cycle, and his future treatment plan. He took a big weight off of our shoulders. Most importantly he even discussed the emotional side of our journey and ways to deal with the stress and frustration we may feel at times. He made me silently cry but so happy at the same time. He discussed our chances of conceiving with different treatments and made me feel the most hopeful I have felt in a while. In a time where it feels like we are stuck and can’t move forward and the hope starts fading away he brought that hope back but also kept it real and factual. I was so close to canceling this appointment being that Shut down were occurring and my husband had been laid off but I am soooo happy I didn’t. I now see a little light at the end of the tunnel!
Readily available Knowledgeable Compassionate
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
No issues with clinic. They are all so very nice and organized. Front desk will make you feel very comfortable from your first contact with them. Appointments are on time. I do think that because departments are handled by different groups of employees the communication can easily go wrong such as one person saying one thing and the next person saying something different but for the most part any confusion is quickly resolved.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
First consult was $350 -IUI cycle with injectables $1500 plus medications which cost up $1200. there were some labs that were not covered by insurance and I had them done at clinical which ranged between $50-80 One cycle of IVF is 12K plus required medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
Very minor things that were easily and quickly resolved.
2016 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. Joel Brasch] truly made me feel like he was in my corner 100% of the time and remembered details about us each time we met with him...is very intelligent but had a way of simplifying and breaking down complex science for us. He displayed a sincere interest in us as a couple and our family. Each meeting we've had with him after our initial visit he makes us feel as though we are among a handful of patients rather than the thousands he's treated due to his ability to recall conversations we had and personal details of our journey. We have had 2 successful pregnancies resulting in 2 healthy children and plan to visit Dr. Brasch again to grow our family.
The nursing staff [at Chicago IVF] never made me feel connected. Perhaps due to the large number of patients the nurses in the morning often seemed to be stressed and oftentimes were struggling with the system they use to log patient information. My first cycle with Chicago IVF my nurse was moved to a new position with the clinic without my knowledge, so it was a surprise when I went in for testing and was reassigned to a different nurse.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Dr Brasch is very intelligent but had a way of simplifying and breaking down complex science for us. He displayed a sincere interest in us as a couple and our family. Each meeting we've had with him after our initial visit he makes us feel as though we are among a handful of patients rather than the thousands he's treated due to his ability to recall conversations we had and personal details of our journey. We have had 2 successful pregnancies resulting in 2 healthy children and plan to visit Dr. Brasch again to grow our family.
He's quirky in a funny way and again just very intelligent. Be honest with him about your concerns so he can address them with you.
A human due to the bedside manner of the Doctor. He truly made me feel like he was in my corner 100% of the time and remembered details about us each time we met with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
Despite meeting with the nurses so many times, I never felt overly connected to them.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Dr. Brasch and also a previous Dr. that was apart of the practice are great. They both were very informative and knowledgable about purchase. The nursing staff however never made me feel connected. Perhaps due to the large number of patients the nurses in the morning often seemed to be stressed and oftentimes were struggling with the system they use to log patient information. My first cycle with Chicago IVF my nurse was moved to a new position with the clinic without my knowledge, so it was a surprise when I went in for testing and was reassigned to a different nurse.
Orland Park

[Dr. Joel Brasch] He makes me feel comfortable and important. And makes sure that we understand everything that is going on, including any and all risks possible...We started with diagnostic testing which included blood work, an ultrasound, and a pap smear...I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own, so he suggested that we do a HSG...I haven't been able to go back due to COVID-19.
[nurse of Chicogo IVF] She makes sure to explain everything to us. If we have any questions, she's always able to answer them...[clinic staff]They all make sure you understand test results, treatment plans, and the financial parts...Each visit to the office is about $130. The HSG was $525 and the Hysteroscopy was $1200. Not including the cost of blood work.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He's a very kind and great doctor. He makes me feel comfortable and important. And makes sure that we understand everything that is going on, including any and all risks possible. He makes me feel confident that we will be able to accomplish our goal.
Be very open and honest. He is there to help you and if he doesn't have all of the information, he won't be able to completely help.
Dr. Brasch makes sure to explain everything thoroughly so we understand what is going on.
We started with diagnostic testing which included blood work, an ultrasound, and a pap smear. There were a few other things that I can not recall at this time. I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own, so he suggested that we do a HSG. Sure enough it showed that my tubes were blocked. We then had to do a hysteroscopy to in block them. I haven't been able to go back due to COVID-19.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela Wickstrom)
Angela is great. She makes sure to explain everything to us. If we have any questions, she's always able to answer them.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Everyone there is more than happy to help you when you need it. They all make sure you understand test results, treatment plans, and the financial parts. They're all very kind. I haven't found any weaknesses yet, but I doubt there are any. This is a great facility.

Investment Banker
Since we only met with Dr. Brasch once I dont feel like I know him all that well. He suggested IVF after 3 rounds of unsuccessful Clomid. He said that IUI was a waste of money. We decided to try IUI because it was a much cheaper option and all fertility test came out positive. We are very glad we did not listen to Dr. Brasch's suggestion of IVF..I called the clinic to schedule monitored cycles for my 4th month and they did without talking to Dr. Brasch so an IVF was not scheduled. I added IUI to my monitored cycle.
Angela [nurse at Chicago IVF] is excellent. She did all of my ultrasounds and my IUI. She made me very comfortable during the process and had great communication. The person that drew my blood each time was friendly and very good at what she does...I think the initial appointment with Dr. Brasch was around $300. Some testing and blood work was done off site. HSG test was $1000 off site. One month of monitored cycle was $1000 and an additional $350 for the IUI. I have probably spent around $6000 in the 6 months I was seeing the clinic.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Way out all of your options and get a second opinion if you do not feel like something is right.
We met with the doctor once. He seemed to be knowledgeable and answered questions in a warm manner.
I was prescribed Clomid for 3 cycles on days 5-9. If 3 cycles did not work he suggested IVF. I called the clinic to schedule monitored cycles for my 4th month and they did without talking to Dr. Brasch so an IVF was not scheduled. I added IUI to my monitored cycle.
Angela is excellent. She did all of my ultrasounds and my IUI. She made me very comfortable during the process and had great communication. The person that drew my blood each time was friendly and very good at what she does.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
This clinic is very thorough. There was lack of communication on whether or not I would be doing an IUI. The only weakness is that they only do blood work and ultrasound in the morning. I had a long commute so it was difficult to get off work to attend appointments.
Munster

So far my experience with Dr. Jain has been positive. I feel that he is innovative and willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. He has compassion for not only me but also my partner. He was willing to go above and beyond in my treatments so far to address all problems....I went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. He performed a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy and resolved some issues of mine that other doctors could not. I have done 3 IUI's with injectables under his care.
It [CIVF - Chicago IVF- Valpo] is a smaller clinic, but I love it because they make you feel like a person not a number. I have been to other clinics and I will tell you they are the best. I am comfortable there and highly recommend it....Angela is the nurse in Valpo and I could not say enough good things about her. She is hardworking and so accommodating. She is the most patient and kind nurse I have ever had. She takes the time to listen and help with any issue you are having. Above all she is one of my biggest cheerleaders and so compassionate.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
So far my experience with Dr. Jain has been positive. I feel that he is innovative and willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. He has compassion for not only me but also my partner. He was willing to go above and beyond in my treatments so far to address all problems. I am very happy having him as my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
He is very open and honest. He is a doctor you can ask anything to without feeling intimidated or like he is rushing you out. Come with all of your questions and concerns. He will address them all with honesty.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr Jain is extremely patient and kind. I always felt he gave me time during appointments with him to answer all of my questions and ease my anxieties.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
I went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. He performed a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy and resolved some issues of mine that other doctors could not. I have done 3 IUI's with injectables under his care. Unfortunately none have been successful yet. He has adjusted my dosage each time and wants to do one more aggressive IUI with injectables before moving to IVF. He is understanding of the fact that I am self pay. He wants to exhaust all of the lower cost treatments before moving onto the larger one which is wonderful. We are hoping our last IUI will work, but if not will continue to save for IVF with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Angela is the nurse in Valpo and I could not say enough good things about her. She is hardworking and so accommodating. She is the most patient and kind nurse I have ever had. She takes the time to listen and help with any issue you are having. Above all she is one of my biggest cheerleaders and so compassionate. I would not have made it through all of this without her. I also want to mention Courtney who works the front desk. She is a wonderful, friendly face when you enter and so very helpful. One other person that has been wonderful is the nurse practitioner Tammy. She is so kind, patient, and understanding. She will be an ear to listen and has lots of great information. I am so thankful for all three of those ladies. They have made this much easier to go through. Knowing my husband and I have support from them means more than I can explain.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
It is a smaller clinic, but I love it because they make you feel like a person not a number. I have been to other clinics and I will tell you they are the best. I am comfortable there and highly recommend it.
Munster

I have been doing iui with injectables. Each time depending on my response he [Dr. Tarun Jain] has adjusted the dosage when necessary. I have only one functioning tube, we make sure that is the side with the follicles be fore proceeding with the iui. He also has me begin progesterone a few days following my treatment...is patient and kind. He is willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and explain the treatment plan in detail.
The iui cost for self pay [at Chicago IVF] was $350...They treat you like a person not a number...Courtney at the front desk is awesome and a friendly face to walk in to. She is so helpful with anything you need! She makes paperwork and making appointments not so stressful. Her and Angela make a wonderful team. I know that I am well taken care of when I walk in to the clinic. They go above and before anything I’ve ever encountered before from other clinics.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain is compassionate. He is willing to explain things in detail and genuinely cares. He is not in a rush to push things that he knows will be financially difficult for his patients. He takes your thoughts and feelings into consideration with his recommendations for your treatment plan. I truly feel that he is invested in the process of doing what is best to achieve a baby.
Come with any questions or concerns you have and he will address them all and answer to the best of his ability.
Dr. Jain is patient and kind. He is willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and explain the treatment plan in detail.
I have been doing iui with injectables. Each time depending on my response he has adjusted the dosage when necessary. I have only one functioning tube, we make sure that is the side with the follicles be fore proceeding with the iui. He also has me begin progesterone a few days following my treatment.
Angela is wonderful. I could not say enough good things about her. She is patient, accommodating, and truly cares for all of her patients. She is a huge support and I could not have gotten this far without her.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Courtney at the front desk is awesome and a friendly face to walk in to. She is so helpful with anything you need! She makes paperwork and making appointments not so stressful. Her and Angela make a wonderful team. I know that I am well taken care of when I walk in to the clinic. They go above and before anything I’ve ever encountered before from other clinics. They treat you like a person not a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
The ultra sounds and blood work range depending on the type. The iui cost for self pay was $350. All medications range in price.

2010 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Brasch is very compassionate. He takes care to not only make sure you are well informed of your options, but also sees to the emotional needs of a couple. When I found I had additional questions after a consultation, Dr Brasch was quick to take a phone consultation with me to further inform me...As I suffer from annovulatuin & a progesterone deficiency, Dr Brasch recommended the use of Clomid to assist in ovulation. My husband suffers from Varicocele, which can cause his sperm count to fluctuate or be unpredictable. So to further asssist in conception, Dr Brasch offered us the option of monitored IUI rounds.
They [staff at Chicago IVF] are exceptionally warm & welcoming at each visit. You can feel they are as hopeful for success as you are!...Tammy C [nurse] was so compassionate, well informed & personable. She was willing to discuss natural forms of supplematation with me, for prenatal vitamins and such. Ashley [nurse] has been a breath of fresh air! She treats me as though we are BFF’s & in this together.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Come prepared to ask questions & be ready to partner with Dr Brasch. He is as invested as you are in a favorable outcome!
Dr Brasch & each member of his staff have treated us like family. They are exceptionally warm & welcoming at each visit. You can feel they are as hopeful for success as you are!
As I suffer from annovulatuin & a progesterone deficiency, Dr Brasch recommended the use of Clomid to assist in ovulation. My husband suffers from Varicocele, which can cause his sperm count to fluctuate or be unpredictable. So to further asssist in conception, Dr Brasch offered us the option of monitored IUI rounds. I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to assist in ensuring my progesterone levels stayed up through the end of each cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Ashley )
Tammy C was so compassionate, well informed & personable. She was willing to discuss natural forms of supplematation with me, for prenatal vitamins and such. Ashley has been a breath of fresh air! She treats me as though we are BFF’s & in this together.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Chicago IVF is so convenient in that they have several locations available in both IL & IN. Their same-day lab is phenomenal, in that you know you are receiving top care & priority in being notified of your next steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
Costs seemed industry appropriate. Being that my husband & myself were self-pay, due to no fertility coverage though our instance, the office offered to assist, where possible, with our injectibles medications via donated or sample medicines.
Valparaiso
Dr [Brasch] does not hold back, which I actually prefer - does not sugar coat. Very professional....Very informative... gave all details and risks. Helped me achieve pregnancy through IVF but unfortunately I miscarried. Have full confidence in him...We started with a plan to do 2 IUI’s before moving on with IVF. We actually did 3...his nurses are fantastic but wish it was the Dr doing them, unfortunately no success. We did IVF in June... we used a couple injectables (follistem and ganarellix and trigger shot) for procedure. Retervial went well, it was performed by Dr Braash. Little to no cramping. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized... 3 days later both were implanted by the embryologist.
Great staff [CIVF-Chicago IVF]... always treat me like I am important and they want me to get to the end result... pregnancy!..Great office- clean, good atmosphere. Nurse (Mary) is outstanding. Everyone makes you feel welcome and they truly want the best for you. They understand your ultimate goal and are with you every step of the way to get you there!...Mary is OUTSTANDING! I had to see other nurses there a couple of times when Mary was out and they do not compare! She is compassionate, organized and supportive...We are now completely out of pocket for our upcoming IVF cycle... with electing PSG, we are looking at over $20,000 (all on us).
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Very informative... gave all details and risks. Helped me achieve pregnancy through IVF but unfortunately I miscarried. Have full confidence in him. I am starting my 2nd IVF and will be having him do it this time as well.
Be ready to hear full details. Dr does not hold back, which I actually prefer - does not sugar coat. Very professional.
Great staff... always treat me like I am important and they want me to get to the end result... pregnancy!
We started with a plan to do 2 IUI’s before moving on with IVF. We actually did 3...his nurses are fantastic but wish it was the Dr doing them, unfortunately no success. We did IVF in June... we used a couple injectables (follistem and ganarellix and trigger shot) for procedure. Retervial went well, it was performed by Dr Braash. Little to no cramping. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized... 3 days later both were implanted by the embryologist. One took, but baby stopped growing at 6 weeks 3 days, I had to miscarry. Dr Braash ordered extensive blood work, my husband and I are all good. We will proceed with another round, unfortunately it will be all out of pocket for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
I have a $10,000 lifetime max on fertility with my insurance. That got eaten up fast. With 3 IUI’s and 1round of IVF I paid about $10,000 + out of pocket... deductible, paid for meds out of pocket and what was left over after insurance ran out. We are now completely out of pocket for our upcoming IVF cycle... with electing PSG, we are looking at over $20,000 (all on us). We sadly have to take out a loan.
We picked to implant 2, due to my age (40).
Orland Park

Dr Brasch is great. He does not sugar coat, but is very sensitive to your well being. I appreciate that he cleared up any fibroids and issues I had before we started treatment. he also said he would only have me do 3 IUI's before moving onto IVF because to keep doing IUI's we would almost pay for an IVF round after a while...I was watched very closely once I was done taking Letrozole. They were monitoring me at one point every day because my ovulation was crazy
The nurse and staff at the Valpo office [of Chicago IVF] are VERY organized and compassionate. I switched to them after my awful experience at the munster location...$1300 for single IUI, $1650 for double IUI, plus medications, shots, and beta test...I do not like that they wait till EOD to make call backs and then turn off incoming calls, so it's a cross your fingers they will get back to you. I always had to worry with Munster office, but not with Valpo
DO NOT GO TO MUNSTER OFFICE, go to Valpo
his munster office is AWFUL, would never go there again. But his nurse at Valpo office is wonderful, so I switched there
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela Wickstrom )
The nurse and staff at the Valpo office are VERY organized and compassionate. I switched to them after my awful experience at the munster location
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
The specifics were with their Munster staff. Once I switched to their Valpo office, everything was perfect
Munster
Ask tons of questions he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is great and always answers...He was absolutely amazing we were with him for 2.5 years and I never thought to go to another dr or get a second opinion. I would 100% recommend him. He has an amazing bedside manner and always was compassionate and kind. He has also written a book which was amazing to read and learn how invested he is in the infertility world.
Dana [at Chicago IVF] was amazing, I'm sad I don't still see her and talk with her. She was always wiling to listen and answer any questions always had an answer for us or if she didn't know she would check and promptly return phone call. She has an amazing bedside manner. Also the untraound techs were very friendly and explained everything in great detail...Ask tons of questions he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is great and always answers..
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Ask tons of questions he is great and always answers
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Dana was amazing, I'm sad I don't still see her and talk with her. She was always wiling to listen and answer any questions always had an answer for us or if she didn't know she would check and promptly return phone call. She has an amazing bedside manner. Also the untraound techs were very friendly and explained everything in great detail
Describe Tarun Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
He allowed us to choose how many and discussed options and risks

2013 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Jain really took the time to sit with us and review anything we needed....We had a fabulous experience with Dr. Jain. I felt completely confident in his expertise, his insight into my particular case, and his execution...After a couple failed cycles, Dr. Jain was willing to give a final effort, increasing my meds accordingly. Finally, he advised that donor eggs would be the best route for us.... During my actual transfer, it went so smoothly, and I honestly hardly felt a thing.
I loved the entire doctor/nurse staff and CIVF! The front desk girls are great, as well! When I first started seeing CIVF in 2013, we did have to put down some large administrative fees - one for 7k was for genetic testing. We were never able to harvest my eggs, so never ended up going through with the genetic testing. 5k of that 7k was a non refundable “admin fee”, which was unfortunate. I would say aside from various admin fees, I loved everything about CIVF.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
We had a fabulous experience with Dr. Jain. I felt completely confident in his expertise, his insight into my particular case, and his execution. During my actual transfer, it went so smoothly, and I honestly hardly felt a thing. (He is not the only fertility doctor I’ve seen, so I know this is not always the case!)
You’re in good hands!
Dr. Jain really took the time to sit with us and review anything we needed. He remembered my daughter (my successful IVF transfer in 2014) when I came back from out of state to try another cycle.
We tried a few times to harvest my own eggs. After a couple failed cycles, Dr. Jain was willing to give a final effort, increasing my meds accordingly. Finally, he advised that donor eggs would be the best route for us. We now have a beautiful baby girl and are so thankful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary Anne)
All of the nurses I’ve had have been fabulous. Although my second cycle was not successful, Mary Anne (my main nurse) was absolutely fabulous. I had previously lived in Chicago when I started seeing CIVF, and had a successful pregnancy. I had since moved out of state, but wanted to continue treatment with CIVF. Mary Anne worked closely with labs in TN to make the entire process as seamless as possible and was a fabulous communicator.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
Our insurance coverage was fabulous at CIVF. There were some admin fees, specifically the ones I recall were associated with genetic testing (which we didn’t end up being able to use) and donor egg coordinating (a fee for receiving the eggs).
Dr. Jain recommended transferring two embryos for each of my cycles.
Orland Park

If you don’t understand ask he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is very patient and understands that it can be very overwhelming...recommended 2 embryos to have more of a chance of successful transfer...He treated me as if I was his only patient very caring and extremely warm...was a really great doctor. He was kind and patient. Never was in a rush to get you in and out. Dr Jain made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I would recommend dr Jain to anyone not because I was sucessful with IVF but because it was the overall experience I had with him.
They [nurses at Chicago IVF] were extremely nice. They are the ones that made my experience even better. Very kind and patient and I loved how organized it was...Doctor Jain was a really great doctor. He was kind and patient. Never was in a rush to get you in and out. Dr Jain made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I would recommend dr Jain to anyone not because I was sucessful with IVF but because it was the overall experience I had with him.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
If you don’t understand ask he is very patient and understands that it can be very overwhelming.
He treated me as if I was his only patient very caring and extremely warm. Loved Chicago IVF nurses and doctors
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Chicago IVF.
They were extremely nice. They are the ones that made my experience even better. Very kind and patient and I loved how organized it was and how there was never an extremely lon wait.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Be sure to make sure you understand your insurance and billing. It can get really confusing. I you could end up having a out of pocket expense. Just know that IVF is not cheap and if you want additional testing it’s even more expensive. So when you have a sit down with the billing person ask her everything g even if you think it’s a stupid question.
Dr Jain recommended 2 embryos to have more of a chance of successful transfer
Orland Park
He [Dr. Jain] has a wonderful and calm personality, and put me to ease. He was also very sensitive to my issue of having poor egg number and quality at an earlier than expected age. Unlike my previous doctors, he did not make me feel bad about it. Ultimately, I ended up using frozen donor eggs and it worked the first time!! ...He is the kindest and most honest doctor I have ever seen...He was positive yet realistic. He did not sugar-coat anything...Dr Jain is intelligent, kind, honest, and has an amazing bedside manner...I can't thank Dr Jain and his staff enough for their support!
The nursing team at Chicago IVF in general is outstanding. I cant say enough about them. They went out of their way to help me. They even delivered some medications to my home personally, when I realized I was missing something! Just amazing dedication. They were also always available -- I had their cell phone numbers at all times....Very friendly -- the front desk staff always knew my name and had a friendly greeting. Nice and modern office. Felt at ease.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr Jain is intelligent, kind, honest, and has an amazing bedside manner. He was positive yet realistic. He did not sugar-coat anything. I really appreciated that. He also gave me a free copy of his new book -- The Infertility Journey! It really helped me.
Drop what you are doing, and go see him now!! You will not be disappointed, I assure you. We need more doctors like Dr Jain. He is a breath of fresh air.
Dr Tarun Jain is simply amazing. He is the kindest and most honest doctor I have ever seen. He has a wonderful and calm personality, and put me to ease. He was also very sensitive to my issue of having poor egg number and quality at an earlier than expected age. Unlike my previous doctors, he did not make me feel bad about it. He also allowed me to try using my own eggs first. Ultimately, I ended up using frozen donor eggs and it worked the first time!! I can't thank Dr Jain and his staff enough for their support!
Dr Jain and his staff made it very easy. I had detailed written instructions for everything. I could use vaginal progesterone (Crinone) instead of those horrible progesterone in oil shots that my previous doctor insisted upon. He also had me stop unnecessary things like baby aspirin, prednisone, and blood thinners. I did not need any of them. I also used ganarelix instead of lupron -- ultimately needed much fewer shots.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
My insurance covered most of the costs, except for using donor eggs. I got an accurate financial estimate well in advance so I knew what to expect. There were no surprises.
Dr Jain recommended I try a single day 5 embryo first, since it was from a donor egg.
Warrenville
He [Dr. Brasch] was always straight forward with us. He was able to answer every question we had and was caring when I was upset about having to do treatment. I would recommend going to him if you think you need fertility help.... My strategy was to do 3 IUI's. If that did not work, which didn't, we'd do IVF.... You might not always see the Dr but I think the nurses and other staff make up for that and you never feel like you're being left in the dark.
All staff [Chicago IVF] was welcoming and caring. They always we're nice even when I needed things repeated to me.... They are truly kind here. If you have questions they are very willing to answer them. You might not always see the Dr but I think the nurses and other staff make up for that and you never feel like you're being left in the dark.... I was lucky that my insurance covered most of the cost but I did have co pays.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He was always straight forward with us. He was able to answer every question we had and was caring when I was upset about having to do treatment. I would recommend going to him if you think you need fertility help.
Keep your head up. You are so much stronger then you know. The Dr is there to help you.
The staff and dr we're always nice and personable.
My strategy was to do 3 IUI's. If that did not work, which didn't, we'd do IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
All staff was welcoming and caring. They always we're nice even when I needed things repeated to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
I was lucky that my insurance covered most of the cost but I did have co pays. Each visit was $50 which was hard to pay as you have to be seen every few days. It is a huge financial burden.
2014 - 2016, Successful
I was very happy with his [Dr Jain's] knowledge and cycle protocols....The staff is warm and caring. he nursing staff at C-IVF is absolutely amazing. They answer all my questions and are caring....At some times I have felt rushed during appointments though.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
I was very happy with his knowledge and cycle protocols.
Always ask questions and do your own research. I would give anyone that advice for any doctor.
The staff is warm and caring. At some times I have felt rushed during appointments though.
I remember that we used Ganirelix and no lupron for our IVF cycle. He gave me the option to use Crinone instead of progesterone in oil, even for a frozen embryo transfer. Cycles are synced with birth control pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Catherine & Yusuko)
The nursing staff at C-IVF is absolutely amazing. They answer all my questions and are caring.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Jain listen to me and respected everything I needed to know as a nerdy researcher....Dr. Jaim puts his patients needs as a high priority, even writing a book on the perspective of patients to help folks on the Journey of infertility. When I'm ready to try again, he's the only fertility doctor I will see. Even though he has moved to Northwestern in Chicago....Don't be afraid to ask questions and offer your Insight. He will listen....They work to help creation of families. while it didn't work for me, yet, they treated me with compassion and dignity every step of the way, even with my eccentric personality. My failed success had more to do with my body failing me than the doctor and his team.
They [CIVF-Chicago IVF - Warrenville] work to help creation of families. while it didn't work for me, yet, they treated me with compassion and dignity every step of the way, even with my eccentric personality. My failed success had more to do with my body failing me than the doctor and his team....I have some pretty big allergies and only one person forgot about that with regard to prenatals that I ended up not needing after all anyway...Dr. Jain listen to me and respected everything I needed to know as a nerdy researcher....It was predominantly covered under insurance. Other than copay. Now I don't have insurance so I'd have to pay I don't remember the exact cost
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and offer your Insight. He will listen.
2015, Successful
He [Dr. Brasch] was very thorough with explaining our treatment plan options. He was able to answer all questions I had. He was very personable and didn't make me feel like I was just another patient... Go into the appointment open minded to treatment options.
The nurses [at Chicago IVF] were very disorganized. My cycle included iui and they had down in their system that I was doing timed intercourse. They also had down in their system that only one of my cycles (2nd) included Clomid, which is not the case. I was prescribed Clomid for both treatment cycles.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
I found Dr. Brasch to be an excellent doctor. He was very thorough with explaining the treatment process and was able to answer all of my questions.
To go into the appointment open minded to treatment options.
He was very thorough with explaining our treatment plan options. He was able to answer all questions I had. He was very personable and didn't make me feel like I was just another patient.
We did two cycles of iui with Clomid and trigger shots.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Chicago IVF.
They seemed to be somewhat unorganized. I went in for my cycle day 10 blood work and ultrasound and I had to ask the nurse for a specimen cup. She said they had in the system that we were doing timed intercourse. Which was not the case.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
The nurses were very disorganized. My cycle included iui and they had down in their system that I was doing timed intercourse. They also had down in their system that only one of my cycles (2nd) included Clomid, which is not the case. I was prescribed Clomid for both treatment cycles.