Downer's Grove / CIVF Lab & Surgery Center
Lincolnwood (closed)
3725 West Touhy Ave
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
866-483-2446

He [Dr. Brasch] took the time to talk and discuss my options and listened to what I had to say and my concerns. When trying to decide how many embryos to transfer he took the time to show me my odds. He treated me like family and told me what he thinks the best desision would be... They retrieved 24 eggs which led to 10 embryos. I only transferred 1 embryo leading to a singleton birth... He gave me excellent advice when planning on how many embryos I should transfer
The clinic [Chicago IVF] has great hours and are very accommodating. I could always get my blood drawn and have an ultrasound done before work. The staff is very friendly and things ran smoothly. The appointments were fast for blood work. There wasn’t a long wait time... The nurses were all very friendly and always on task... My medication was about $500 and treatment was about 12,000... I was very pleased with my doctor and the care I was given
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He took the time to talk and discuss my options and listened to what I had to say and my concerns. When trying to decide how many embryos to transfer he took the time to show me my odds. He treated me like family and told me what he thinks the best desision would be
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. You can trust him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He gave me excellent advice when planning on how many embryos I should transfer
Describe the protocols Joel Brasch used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
I was on hormone shots, and other medication leading up to my egg retrieval. They retrieved 24 eggs which led to 10 embryos. I only transferred 1 embryo leading to a singleton birth
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Chicago IVF.
The nurses were all very friendly and always on task
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
The clinic has great hours and are very accommodating. I could always get my blood drawn and have an ultrasound done before work. The staff is very friendly and things ran smoothly. The appointments were fast for blood work. There wasn’t a long wait time
My medication was about $500 and treatment was about 12,000
Describe Joel Brasch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
I was very pleased with my doctor and the care I was given
Joel Brasch

I only ever saw him [Dr. Joel Brasch] for the initial consultation. I never saw him again. ... I didn't like that he didn't even do my IUI. ... IUI with letrozole and trigger shot ... All other interactions and treatment was done with the nurse [at Chicago IVF]. That's what ultimately lead us to a different clinic. ... Everything felt very standard protocol. There wasn't any individualized care.
Everything felt very standard protocol. There wasn't any individualized care. Angela the nurse was great and she was always there to help if you needed anything. ... I saw her for everything during my time with the clinic. ... Courtney at the front desk was always accommodating as well. ... $1,300 for the IUI procedure out of pocket. Other miscellaneous charges around $500
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
I only ever saw him for the initial consultation. I never saw him again. All other interactions and treatment was done with the nurse. That's what ultimately lead us to a different clinic. I didn't like that he didn't even do my IUI.
You won't ever see him.
He only ever saw me for my initial consultation. I never saw him again. All other interactions were with the nurse.
IUI with letrozole and trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Angela was great. I saw her for everything during my time with the clinic.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Everything felt very standard protocol. There wasn't any individualized care. Angela the nurse was great and she was always there to help if you needed anything. Courtney at the front desk was always accommodating as well.
Munster

I feel that I was given a "cookie-cutter" plan. The research shows that people with diminished ovarian reserve should not be put on birth control prior to a cycle (long protocol). Dr. Brasch put me on birth control anyway. Dr. Brasch was 15 minutes late for my egg retrieval, which is very time sensitive. I had four follicles, all of which were good size, two of which were quite large. I ended up with two eggs, and only one embryo. After our poor results and failed IVF cycle, Dr. Brasch strongly encouraged moving on to donor eggs. In addition, he suggested that if I wanted to continue with my own eggs, we could try a different protocol (micro flare lupron). When I mentioned that I had read that that particular protocol affected egg quality, and that he had mentioned concerns with the quality of my eggs, he said "Well, feel free to email me about other protocols," as he stood up and open the door for us to leave. Needless to say, I left there in tears, and made an appointment with a new doctor in the parking lot.
Angela [a nurse at Chicago IVF] was fantastic! She was the one who did the majority of my monitoring during all of my treatment cycles. She also did the two IUIs in the office. Nancy, the nurse practitioner, was also very friendly and helpful. I only met with her one time, but she was the one who first mentioned endometriosis to me. Other nurses that I encountered were also nice. I just did not have as good of a relationship with them, as I did not see them as often as I saw Angela.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Brasch is obviously very knowledgeable. He is strong in what he believes and believes what he recommends to his patients; however, he can be rather pushy in his recommendations. He was late to my retrieval and transfer. The wait for any office visit was well over 30 minutes each time. He performed the laparoscopic surgery and diagnosed my endometriosis, and I was happy with that. When he came in prior to the retrieval and transfer, he had no idea about my history. I really felt he could have at least looked at a chart or something before meeting with us. I felt like I was a new patient every time I saw him.
Do your own research, and bring in many questions. Before you commit to any protocols or treatment, go home and do your own research again. Don't let him talk around your questions. Demand a straight answer.
Long protocol. I was on birth control for a month prior to starting injections. When the cycle failed, he could not give me a rationale for why he chose that protocol versus a protocol better suited for diminished ovarian reserve. I started with the same dosage of medication that I have used for my IUIs, which was very successful with both of my IUIs. I had very little to no growth during the first several follicle checks. I was soon place on the maximum dosage of injections. I had four large follicles at my last ultrasound before by egg retrieval. Two eggs were retrieved. One became an embryo that we were able to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Anglea)
Angela was fantastic! She was the one who did the majority of my monitoring during all of my treatment cycles. She also did the two IUIs in the office. Nancy, the nurse practitioner, was also very friendly and helpful. I only met with her one time, but she was the one who first mentioned endometriosis to me. Other nurses that I encountered were also nice. I just did not have as good of a relationship with them, as I did not see them as often as I saw Angela.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Most of my appointments were in the Valporaiso clinic. They have other offices in Illinois. The Valporaiso office is clean. The wait time was always at least 30 minutes. See clerical staff was very helpful. The retrievalS and transfers were done at a surgical center, so IVF was not all that they encountered, and it seemed a little impersonal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
Visits to be diagnosed/laparoscopy follow-up: $30 copay (x3?) IUI: $1850 (x2) IVF: $12800 Surgicenter Retrieval: $800 Anesthesia: $400 Surgicenter Transfer: $500 Approximate total without medications: $18290
We did not run into this issue, as we only had one embryo. Had we had two embryos, we would have implanted both.
Lincolnwood (closed)

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
The only time I talk to him [Dr. Brasch] is if I set up a meeting that I have to pay for...I feel that he is likely to jump to doing IVF or donor eggs before any other procedure. I also feel that for being a patient at his clinic for almost 3 years, I should have more contact with him. I have only had contact with him a few times...I did not talk with him about any treatment strategies. It is basically left up to me what I would like to do next. I speak with the nurses, not him.
[CIVF - Valpo] Strengths- great office staff. They try their best to donate any extra fertility medicine to you if they have extras. They are compassionate about what you are going through and dealing with...Angela was the nurse I dealt with for all of my IUIs. She is caring, compassionate, and patient. I felt as if her heart was just as much in the treatments as mine was. She was excellent...IUIs were around $1300.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
I feel that he is likely to jump to doing IVF or donor eggs before any other procedure. I also feel that for being a patient at his clinic for almost 3 years, I should have more contact with him. I have only had contact with him a few times. My initial visit, and if I call to set up an appointment to talk, in which I have to pay for. I have done 5 IUIs and one of those included a miscarriage. Not once during any of these procedures did I talk with him. Also, after my surgery for endometriosis, he was going on vacation and I was not going to get to talk to him about my results for weeks. I had to bed the receptionist to at least read my the report so I knew what my condition was. I have not done IVF because at his clinic we have to be put on birth control so that all IVF patients are done at the same time. This is simply for easiness on their part, and not the best interest of the patient.
I feel that for as much money and time I have spend doing fertility treatments, I was never checked on or contacted by him. The only time I talk to him is if I set up a meeting that I have to pay for. I feel that we as fertility patients should be checked on and followed up on, especially since he was not the one I dealt with during my IUIs. His nurses did all the work and they were the ones to deliver the bad news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela )
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Strengths- great office staff. They try their best to donate any extra fertility medicine to you if they have extras. They are compassionate about what you are going through and dealing with . Weaknesses- I do not hear from Dr. Brasch often. I do not agree that patients need to be put on birth control before doing and IVF cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
Appointments with Dr. Brasch were a couple hundred. IUIs were around $1300.
Munster
He [Dr. Jain] has a wonderful and calm personality, and put me to ease. He was also very sensitive to my issue of having poor egg number and quality at an earlier than expected age. Unlike my previous doctors, he did not make me feel bad about it. Ultimately, I ended up using frozen donor eggs and it worked the first time!! ...He is the kindest and most honest doctor I have ever seen...He was positive yet realistic. He did not sugar-coat anything...Dr Jain is intelligent, kind, honest, and has an amazing bedside manner...I can't thank Dr Jain and his staff enough for their support!
The nursing team at Chicago IVF in general is outstanding. I cant say enough about them. They went out of their way to help me. They even delivered some medications to my home personally, when I realized I was missing something! Just amazing dedication. They were also always available -- I had their cell phone numbers at all times....Very friendly -- the front desk staff always knew my name and had a friendly greeting. Nice and modern office. Felt at ease.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr Jain is intelligent, kind, honest, and has an amazing bedside manner. He was positive yet realistic. He did not sugar-coat anything. I really appreciated that. He also gave me a free copy of his new book -- The Infertility Journey! It really helped me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Drop what you are doing, and go see him now!! You will not be disappointed, I assure you. We need more doctors like Dr Jain. He is a breath of fresh air.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr Tarun Jain is simply amazing. He is the kindest and most honest doctor I have ever seen. He has a wonderful and calm personality, and put me to ease. He was also very sensitive to my issue of having poor egg number and quality at an earlier than expected age. Unlike my previous doctors, he did not make me feel bad about it. He also allowed me to try using my own eggs first. Ultimately, I ended up using frozen donor eggs and it worked the first time!! I can't thank Dr Jain and his staff enough for their support!
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
Dr Jain and his staff made it very easy. I had detailed written instructions for everything. I could use vaginal progesterone (Crinone) instead of those horrible progesterone in oil shots that my previous doctor insisted upon. He also had me stop unnecessary things like baby aspirin, prednisone, and blood thinners. I did not need any of them. I also used ganarelix instead of lupron -- ultimately needed much fewer shots.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
My insurance covered most of the costs, except for using donor eggs. I got an accurate financial estimate well in advance so I knew what to expect. There were no surprises.
Describe Tarun Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
Dr Jain recommended I try a single day 5 embryo first, since it was from a donor egg.
Warrenville

I felt that he [Dr. Joel Brasch] did show compassion and care. He felt confident in my diagnosis and how to treat it which I was happy about. I needed surgery before and that was where I became unsure. I felt that he didn't do everything he could have in regards to a surgery. I followed with an IUI anyway kind of feeling like it wasn't going to work. At that point I decided to go for a second opinion...I felt that he listened to my concerns...
I began at this location and later transferred to another location because Munster closed due to staffing issues. I didn't feel comfortable at that time with the nurses on staff. They did their thing and that was about it. There was one in particular that I felt had no bedside manner. I believe they have gotten a new staff since then though. I loved the other location so much I ended up staying there instead of going back to Munster when it opened.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
I felt that he did show compassion and care. He felt confident in my diagnosis and how to treat it which I was happy about. I needed surgery before and that was where I became unsure. I felt that he didn't do everything he could have in regards to a surgery. I followed with an IUI anyway kind of feeling like it wasn't going to work. At that point I decided to go for a second opinion.
Ask lots of questions. He will try to answer them to the best of his ability during your consult. Any follow-ups bring lots of questions and do your research.
I felt that he listened to my concerns.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
The receptionists have always been warm and welcoming. I do feel that it was a smaller office so they could be more accommodating in regards to scheduling compared to other clinics I have been to. For the most part, I would say everyone has compassion and really wants a positive outcome for you.
Munster
He [Dr. Brasch] was always straight forward with us. He was able to answer every question we had and was caring when I was upset about having to do treatment. I would recommend going to him if you think you need fertility help.... My strategy was to do 3 IUI's. If that did not work, which didn't, we'd do IVF.... You might not always see the Dr but I think the nurses and other staff make up for that and you never feel like you're being left in the dark.
All staff [Chicago IVF] was welcoming and caring. They always we're nice even when I needed things repeated to me.... They are truly kind here. If you have questions they are very willing to answer them. You might not always see the Dr but I think the nurses and other staff make up for that and you never feel like you're being left in the dark.... I was lucky that my insurance covered most of the cost but I did have co pays.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He was always straight forward with us. He was able to answer every question we had and was caring when I was upset about having to do treatment. I would recommend going to him if you think you need fertility help.
Keep your head up. You are so much stronger then you know. The Dr is there to help you.
The staff and dr we're always nice and personable.
My strategy was to do 3 IUI's. If that did not work, which didn't, we'd do IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
All staff was welcoming and caring. They always we're nice even when I needed things repeated to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
I was lucky that my insurance covered most of the cost but I did have co pays. Each visit was $50 which was hard to pay as you have to be seen every few days. It is a huge financial burden.
Valparaiso
2014 - 2016, Successful
I was very happy with his [Dr Jain's] knowledge and cycle protocols....The staff is warm and caring. he nursing staff at C-IVF is absolutely amazing. They answer all my questions and are caring....At some times I have felt rushed during appointments though.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
I was very happy with his knowledge and cycle protocols.
Always ask questions and do your own research. I would give anyone that advice for any doctor.
The staff is warm and caring. At some times I have felt rushed during appointments though.
I remember that we used Ganirelix and no lupron for our IVF cycle. He gave me the option to use Crinone instead of progesterone in oil, even for a frozen embryo transfer. Cycles are synced with birth control pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Catherine & Yusuko)
The nursing staff at C-IVF is absolutely amazing. They answer all my questions and are caring.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Jain listen to me and respected everything I needed to know as a nerdy researcher....Dr. Jaim puts his patients needs as a high priority, even writing a book on the perspective of patients to help folks on the Journey of infertility. When I'm ready to try again, he's the only fertility doctor I will see. Even though he has moved to Northwestern in Chicago....Don't be afraid to ask questions and offer your Insight. He will listen....They work to help creation of families. while it didn't work for me, yet, they treated me with compassion and dignity every step of the way, even with my eccentric personality. My failed success had more to do with my body failing me than the doctor and his team.
They [CIVF-Chicago IVF - Warrenville] work to help creation of families. while it didn't work for me, yet, they treated me with compassion and dignity every step of the way, even with my eccentric personality. My failed success had more to do with my body failing me than the doctor and his team....I have some pretty big allergies and only one person forgot about that with regard to prenatals that I ended up not needing after all anyway...Dr. Jain listen to me and respected everything I needed to know as a nerdy researcher....It was predominantly covered under insurance. Other than copay. Now I don't have insurance so I'd have to pay I don't remember the exact cost
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and offer your Insight. He will listen.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
What specific things went wrong at Chicago IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I only saw Dr. Brasch like twice during my 6 treatments, I felt like a number. And every treatment it didn't work I felt like a failure. When I was finally able to conceive, I lost my twins at 19 weeks and when I returned to try again my loss was ignored...They weren't willing to change the protocol after it didn't work, I was just told I was young and we will try again...the doctors hardly ever saw me and I can guarantee they couldn't pick me out as one of their patients
They [Chicago IVF - Valpo] were conveniently located and the front office staff and the nurse was great. Driving to the Munster clinic to get procedures done was ideal but I understand it's a small office that offers monitoring...[Nurse] Angela was amazing, she was very invested in my success. My positive test was her positive test and my loss was her loss. She is the sweetest and kindest nurse I have had. Another plus... she was great at getting blood out of my tiny veins that like to roll and collapse.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Be your own advocate, ask questions and ask about other options.
They weren't willing to change the protocol after it didn't work, I was just told I was young and we will try again. I loved the nurse Angela, but the doctors hardly ever saw me and I can guarantee they couldn't pick me out as one of their patients
I did 6 IUI rounds with injectables one resulted in a twin pregnancy (#3 out of 6 cycles) The first round started with clomid, it did nothing for me so with switched to follistim and was watched. It started with a small dose under 100 and we ended up doing 225 units for 13 days on average for each cycle.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
They were conveniently located and the front office staff and the nurse was great. Driving to the Munster clinic to get procedures done was ideal but I understand it's a small office that offers monitoring.
I don't remember
we only did IUI
2015, Successful
He [Dr. Brasch] was very thorough with explaining our treatment plan options. He was able to answer all questions I had. He was very personable and didn't make me feel like I was just another patient... Go into the appointment open minded to treatment options.
The nurses [at Chicago IVF] were very disorganized. My cycle included iui and they had down in their system that I was doing timed intercourse. They also had down in their system that only one of my cycles (2nd) included Clomid, which is not the case. I was prescribed Clomid for both treatment cycles.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
I found Dr. Brasch to be an excellent doctor. He was very thorough with explaining the treatment process and was able to answer all of my questions.
To go into the appointment open minded to treatment options.
He was very thorough with explaining our treatment plan options. He was able to answer all questions I had. He was very personable and didn't make me feel like I was just another patient.
We did two cycles of iui with Clomid and trigger shots.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Chicago IVF.
They seemed to be somewhat unorganized. I went in for my cycle day 10 blood work and ultrasound and I had to ask the nurse for a specimen cup. She said they had in the system that we were doing timed intercourse. Which was not the case.
What specific things went wrong at Chicago IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
The nurses were very disorganized. My cycle included iui and they had down in their system that I was doing timed intercourse. They also had down in their system that only one of my cycles (2nd) included Clomid, which is not the case. I was prescribed Clomid for both treatment cycles.
Orland Park
2010 - 2011, Successful
The team was awesome. I had the same nurse do my blood work almost every time. The receptionist was very sensitive to each person because she had also been through a fertility struggle.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain was very informative and sensitive at the same time. He laid out our options in a tiered manner from least aggressive and least expensive to most. His staff was really helpful and even accommodated my early work ours for blood work.
Don't hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification. The nurses are very encouraging and most are knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
They were flexible, easy to talk to, and understanding.