Downer's Grove / CIVF Lab & Surgery Center
Lincolnwood (closed)
3725 West Touhy Ave
Lincolnwood, IL 60712

2022, Unsuccessful
Give all of your fears to Dr Joel. He will do everything in his power to make sure you’ll have your miracle baby whether it be your own or through donors. You are in good hands!!...delicate yet frank...explained everything to me in detail and if I had any questions they let me ask them all without rushing me to see their next patients
on I have not been to the actual [Chicago IVF] clinic as of yet, I’ve only been to the surgery center for testing. The surgery center that they use are full of amazing nurses! I felt welcomed and comfortable from check in to check out. Being a new patient often times you don’t know what to do or the next steps to take and everyone I’ve spoken with after every procedure made sure I knew exactly what was going on and who will call me next.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Dr Joel is very experienced in what he does. I haven’t done treatments yet because I have yet to get to that portion, I’ve only done labs and testing. Even with doing just that him and Dr Schultz are AMAZING people! They explained everything to me in detail and if I had any questions they let me ask them all without rushing me to see their next patients. I’m beyond happy that I chose Chicago IVF to go on this journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Dr Joel is delicate yet frank! I explained to him how bad of an experience I had at another fertility company and he reassured me through his words and actions that he cares for his patients and will hold my hand every step of the way. Not only does he make me feel comfortable, he reassures me that I have nothing to fear and that he will do everything he can to give me the child I’ve always wanted.
Describe the protocols Joel Brasch used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
I have yet to make it to treatment cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
I’ve only interacted with her once. She wasn’t as energetic or enthused as other staff members, but it’s not to say that she’s not because it was only our first time speaking with each other over the phone. We have yet to meet in person at the office. This isn’t a negative post by any means because I still have nothing but great things to say about Chicago IVF and it’s staff.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
I have not been to the actual clinic as of yet, I’ve only been to the surgery center for testing. The surgery center that they use are full of amazing nurses! I felt welcomed and comfortable from check in to check out. Being a new patient often times you don’t know what to do or the next steps to take and everyone I’ve spoken with after every procedure made sure I knew exactly what was going on and who will call me next. I give nothing but praise and high regard. I have nothing but positivity to speak upon this company and it’s staff because they have are the ones who are making everything in their power to make my dream come true.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
Unfortunately I haven’t gotten to the financial consultation part for treatments so I’m unaware of the costs. I remember Dr Joel and others saying since my insurance doesn’t cover treatments only labs and testing that it was going to be expensive but no costs were given as of yet.
Describe Joel Brasch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
I have yet to make it to this phase yet.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Schultz has never talked to me about my partner or our goals as a lesbian couple...I would have liked if [she] asked me and my wife...what we would have preferred and made us feel apart of the decisions for our IVF Cycle. Instead, we were told what we will be doing and when...the only time I have talked to [her] is my initial and follow up consultations...she explained everything very well and I ended the call with very optimistic feelings
The clinic [at Chicago IVF] is great! Very organized and updated with their information and coordination...Coordination between sperm bank and the clinic was phenomenal...Dr. Schultz has never talked to me about my partner or our goals as a lesbian couple. Also, every time I go in the front desk staff or nurses just assume I have a husband...Nurses communicate very quickly and effectively...the only time I have talked to Dr. Schultz is my initial and follow up consultations
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Natalie Schultz is an older woman who seems very knowledgeable. At my initial consultation she explained everything very well and I ended the call with very optimistic feelings. However, I would have liked if she asked me and my wife what our goals or expectations were during the consultation and maybe what we would have preferred and made us feel apart of the decisions for our IVF Cycle. Instead, we were told what we will be doing and when. We were somewhat okay with this since she is the doctor and we just assume she knows what’s best but it have been nice to ask for our input to see if it was doable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Some advice I would give is to ask as many questions as you need to while you are in the room or on video with her because you probably won’t be able to talk to her directly or see her again until a procedure or next consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
In person at appointments all the staff are friendly and welcoming. However, the treatment as a whole has felt like I am just a number. For example my transfer has been pushed back an entire month because there’s too many patients and I don’t fit in the schedule. Also the only time I have talked to Dr. Schultz is my initial and follow up consultations.
Describe the protocols Natalie Schultz used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
Overall all strategy was to move directly to IVF since my HSG was abnormal due to tubal blockage and I have never been pregnant in the 9 years of TTC on my own. IVF strategy was for an initially low protocol because of my age (29) and to avoid OHSS. After the first few days of stims levels were getting high so protocol changed to lower dosage. We ended up getting to retrieval after 8 days of stimming. 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilizer, ZERO blasts. Wasn’t given an explanation besides “they just filled out”. Will be beginning 2nd cycle soon.
How competent was Natalie Schultz at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary Rodriguez )
Amazing! Nurses communicate very quickly and effectively! I had a lot of concerns and questions and sent messages through the portal and always received a phone call shortly after to get my questions throughly answered.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
The clinic is great! Very organized and updated with their information and coordination. However, at the orland office there was one time where I was told I had a balance and it was for a different patient. Not on the clinic but just that one coordinator but it was a bit embarrassing to be told I had an outstanding balance that was not true. Also I was going to pay the balance has I not looked at the invoice and saw procedures that I did not have.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF.
Pre-testing, Downers grove and Orland Park offices are separate so the procedures done at downers grove I had to pay a $225 surgery fee each time (SHSG, HSG, egg retrieval, and transfer), medications.
Describe Natalie Schultz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
Haven’t gotten to a transfer but my clinic definitely has policies on eSET.
How competent was Chicago IVF at LGBTQ care?
Definitely respectful but not so sure about knowledgeable.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Chicago IVF.
Coordination between sperm bank and the clinic was phenomenal, I didn’t have to do a thing.
2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Schultz is very knowledgeable. She was confident in the best way which was reassuring to us as we travel this journey. She is sweet and so kind. She lets us ask questions without making us feel silly for asking...She is amazing. Sweet but straight forward too. Knowledgeable and confident in what she knows and practices...You are in the best capable hands. Just trust the process...Fertility anything without insurance is COSTLY. Each IUI is $1300
[Chicago IVF] Clinic is nice and very clean. Could maybe use an update but that’s definitely not a deal breaker for us. They are organized and keep things orderly which is a big deal to me. They are great. We did have a small issue with billing at one point but got resolved...Organized. Sweet. And wonderful staff. They are amazing at what they do and make you feel like family...Fertility anything without insurance is COSTLY. Each IUI is $1300
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
You are in the best capable hands. Just trust the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela )
Fertility anything without insurance is COSTLY. Each IUI is $1300
2020 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Brasch] has a brusque business like manner of relating to patients. He was very clear and concise as well the point which I appreciate. He recommended ivf based on my husbands counts but I wanted to do IUI first and he allowed it instead of demanding his recommendation...Don’t be afraid to be your own advocate- he is willing to work as a patient physician team.
My nurse was fantastic. She was timely and called within an hour of receiving my labs. Thoroughly explained me and if I had concerns elevated them as appropriate and then gave me a response...[Chicago IVF has] a good protocol in place. First encounter is telehealth with a mid level who orders all the pre testing. After all that is done an appt with the physician to review it all and come up with the plan. After that you are assigned a nurse and they coordinate care with communication with the physician. It ran seamlessly for me.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
The first visit was telehealth which is a bit impersonable. I met him in person at the surgery center where he performed my hsg. He did not address me before performing the procedure which I found a bit off putting. He has a brusque business like manner of relating to patients. He was very clear and concise as well the point which I appreciate. He recommended ivf based on my husbands counts but I wanted to do IUI first and he allowed it instead of demanding his recommendation. We were successful on round 2 and have a beautiful little girl now.
Dr. Brasch listened to my concerns and my opinion was valued.
IUI 1- clomid, insemination with ultrasound and lab surveillance IUI 2- I asked to change to letrozole and he was ok with that, otherwise the same
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
My nurse was fantastic. She was timely and called within an hour of receiving my labs. Thoroughly explained me and if I had concerns elevated them as appropriate and then gave me a response. I was very impressed with her.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
They have a good protocol in place. First encounter is telehealth with a mid level who orders all the pre testing. After all that is done an appt with the physician to review it all and come up with the plan. After that you are assigned a nurse and they coordinate care with communication with the physician. It ran seamlessly for me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
Once when my nurse was on vacation the backup nurse did not call with my results and when to do IUI. I called the on call line and was given results quickly.
Valparaiso

[Dr. Natalie Schultz] is very knowledgeable and did a lot to put us at ease while explaining potential outcomes. We only meet with her directly once and most appointments were with my nurse or the NP...We did Follistim with lupron trigger due to my high AMH and risk of OHSS...freeze all for embryos. We expected a lower egg retrieval number and were on the high end of that. Due to history of low male morphology, we did ICSI all and 5 made it to day 5 blast and freeze. We're very happy with the low symptoms and outcome. Transfer is delayed due to COVID-19
My only complaint [with Chicago IVF] is before retrieval, the surgical center sent instructions with medications to take. I was not prepared for the medications and had to call the emergency nurse for her to call in the prescription for the same day...It was hard to get an estimate before my treatment plan was finalized and the billing office wouldn't give a range until that and they looked at my insurance.
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
She's very knowledgeable and did a lot to put us at ease while explaining potential outcomes. We only meet with her directly once and most appointments were with my nurse or the NP. I don't feel the need to meet with her anymore since everything else is handled well.
Don't expect to meet with her often. You'll develop a better relationship with your nurse.
I felt human because we talked in detail about our specific history. I think my husband felt ignored since everything was directed towards me. The nurse practitioner was very good.
We did Follistim with lupron trigger due to my high AMH and risk of OHSS. And freeze all for embryos. We expected a lower egg retrieval number and were on the high end of that. Due to history of low male morphology, we did ICSI all and 5 made it to day 5 blast and freeze. We're very happy with the low symptoms and outcome. Transfer is delayed due to COVID-19
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lidia Edwards)
Love my nurse, I think she's compassionate and mostly on top of everything. My only complaint is before retrieval, the surgical center sent instructions with medications to take. I was not prepared for the medications and had to call the emergency nurse for her to call in the prescription for the same day.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Batch retrieval, schedule is on place which helps with planning. Dedicated nurse to call and email. They use eIVF so you have an internet dashboard, but I hadn't received some instructions and outcomes related to the surgical center
It was hard to get an estimate before my treatment plan was finalized and the billing office wouldn't give a range until that and they looked at my insurance. We were surprised by the cost of genetic testing since no one said it typically isn't covered by insurance. The genetic testing company bills insurance for $12,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
As mentioned, the day before my retrieval, they sent instructions for medication that was never conveyed before and the medications weren't ordered in the pharmacy. The 24 hour emergency nurse was available and able to contact my pharmacy for same day pickup.

2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Brasch] discussed our chances of conceiving with different treatments and made me feel the most hopeful I have felt in a while...we had a phone consultation after my failed IUI and he took his time and went through everything all over again including my history, husbands history, first IUI cycle, and his future treatment plan..
They are all so very nice and organized. [The Chicago IVF] Front desk will make you feel very comfortable from your first contact with them. Appointments are on time. I do think that because departments are handled by different groups of employees the communication can easily go wrong such as one person saying one thing and the next person saying something different but for the most part any confusion is quickly resolved.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He is knowledgeable. Up front but compassionate. He is patient. Answers all questions. Spent more than enough time with us. He is a busy person. Only negative is I wish he was more available to speak to face to face.
Make sure to have all questions ready. He will give you the answers as best as possible. Don’t be afraid or embarrassed. Ask anything you need to whether it’s regarding you or your partner.
The nursing staff has been so patient and caring with all my questions. They have been readily available whenever I need anything. Doctor unfortunately could not meet with me face to face due to covid however we had a phone consultation after my failed IUI and he took his time and went through everything all over again including my history, husbands history, first IUI cycle, and his future treatment plan. He took a big weight off of our shoulders. Most importantly he even discussed the emotional side of our journey and ways to deal with the stress and frustration we may feel at times. He made me silently cry but so happy at the same time. He discussed our chances of conceiving with different treatments and made me feel the most hopeful I have felt in a while. In a time where it feels like we are stuck and can’t move forward and the hope starts fading away he brought that hope back but also kept it real and factual. I was so close to canceling this appointment being that Shut down were occurring and my husband had been laid off but I am soooo happy I didn’t. I now see a little light at the end of the tunnel!
Readily available Knowledgeable Compassionate
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
No issues with clinic. They are all so very nice and organized. Front desk will make you feel very comfortable from your first contact with them. Appointments are on time. I do think that because departments are handled by different groups of employees the communication can easily go wrong such as one person saying one thing and the next person saying something different but for the most part any confusion is quickly resolved.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
First consult was $350 -IUI cycle with injectables $1500 plus medications which cost up $1200. there were some labs that were not covered by insurance and I had them done at clinical which ranged between $50-80 One cycle of IVF is 12K plus required medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
Very minor things that were easily and quickly resolved.
2016 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. Joel Brasch] truly made me feel like he was in my corner 100% of the time and remembered details about us each time we met with him...is very intelligent but had a way of simplifying and breaking down complex science for us. He displayed a sincere interest in us as a couple and our family. Each meeting we've had with him after our initial visit he makes us feel as though we are among a handful of patients rather than the thousands he's treated due to his ability to recall conversations we had and personal details of our journey. We have had 2 successful pregnancies resulting in 2 healthy children and plan to visit Dr. Brasch again to grow our family.
The nursing staff [at Chicago IVF] never made me feel connected. Perhaps due to the large number of patients the nurses in the morning often seemed to be stressed and oftentimes were struggling with the system they use to log patient information. My first cycle with Chicago IVF my nurse was moved to a new position with the clinic without my knowledge, so it was a surprise when I went in for testing and was reassigned to a different nurse.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Dr Brasch is very intelligent but had a way of simplifying and breaking down complex science for us. He displayed a sincere interest in us as a couple and our family. Each meeting we've had with him after our initial visit he makes us feel as though we are among a handful of patients rather than the thousands he's treated due to his ability to recall conversations we had and personal details of our journey. We have had 2 successful pregnancies resulting in 2 healthy children and plan to visit Dr. Brasch again to grow our family.
He's quirky in a funny way and again just very intelligent. Be honest with him about your concerns so he can address them with you.
A human due to the bedside manner of the Doctor. He truly made me feel like he was in my corner 100% of the time and remembered details about us each time we met with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
Despite meeting with the nurses so many times, I never felt overly connected to them.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Dr. Brasch and also a previous Dr. that was apart of the practice are great. They both were very informative and knowledgable about purchase. The nursing staff however never made me feel connected. Perhaps due to the large number of patients the nurses in the morning often seemed to be stressed and oftentimes were struggling with the system they use to log patient information. My first cycle with Chicago IVF my nurse was moved to a new position with the clinic without my knowledge, so it was a surprise when I went in for testing and was reassigned to a different nurse.
Orland Park

[Dr. Joel Brasch] He makes me feel comfortable and important. And makes sure that we understand everything that is going on, including any and all risks possible...We started with diagnostic testing which included blood work, an ultrasound, and a pap smear...I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own, so he suggested that we do a HSG...I haven't been able to go back due to COVID-19.
[nurse of Chicogo IVF] She makes sure to explain everything to us. If we have any questions, she's always able to answer them...[clinic staff]They all make sure you understand test results, treatment plans, and the financial parts...Each visit to the office is about $130. The HSG was $525 and the Hysteroscopy was $1200. Not including the cost of blood work.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He's a very kind and great doctor. He makes me feel comfortable and important. And makes sure that we understand everything that is going on, including any and all risks possible. He makes me feel confident that we will be able to accomplish our goal.
Be very open and honest. He is there to help you and if he doesn't have all of the information, he won't be able to completely help.
Dr. Brasch makes sure to explain everything thoroughly so we understand what is going on.
We started with diagnostic testing which included blood work, an ultrasound, and a pap smear. There were a few other things that I can not recall at this time. I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own, so he suggested that we do a HSG. Sure enough it showed that my tubes were blocked. We then had to do a hysteroscopy to in block them. I haven't been able to go back due to COVID-19.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela Wickstrom)
Angela is great. She makes sure to explain everything to us. If we have any questions, she's always able to answer them.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Everyone there is more than happy to help you when you need it. They all make sure you understand test results, treatment plans, and the financial parts. They're all very kind. I haven't found any weaknesses yet, but I doubt there are any. This is a great facility.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Shultz made a huge mistake during my first cycle there was a polyp that was detected but not removed prior to starting stims for retrieval which converted my cycle to a freeze all and devastated me at the very last minute...I feel as though it’s all about the money with her and not the happiness nor successful outcome of treatment for the patient .
I feel they [Chicago IVF clinic] are outdated with the clinical setting as well as the surgical center in regards to equipment and overall look of the place . I also feel the weakness is communication among the staff members and the embryo lab never answers the phone...Monitoring is done 3 days a week Monday Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 6:30 am - 10am..
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Shultz made a huge mistake during my first cycle there was a polyp that was detected but not removed prior to starting stims for retrieval which converted my cycle to a freeze all and devastated me at the very last minute. I’m in my second cycle currently which is a freeze all because she still has not removed the polyp at all. I feel as though it’s all about the money with her and not the happiness nor successful outcome of treatment for the patient .
Do your research and seek other options if available
I felt as though I was just in a batch of women that were being rotated in and out the door . Promises were made and never kept . So many mistakes were made during the first cycle which canceled out my initial transfer .
For my first cycle I was on follistim 100 units morning , follistim 100 units nightly, menopur 37.5 units nightly triggered with ovidrel resulted in 5 mature eggs retrieved 4 fertilized 1 embryo frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Elena Olivieri )
Elena is an awesome nurse I couldn’t have gotten a better nurse . She’s on top of things and makes sure your comfortable the entire process. Very knowledgeable and reassuring. Elena is the only reason I am still using Chicago Ivf I would of left if it wasn’t for Elena !
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
I feel they are outdated with the clinical setting as well as the surgical center in regards to equipment and overall look of the place . I also feel the weakness is communication among the staff members and the embryo lab never answers the phone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Chicago IVF.
Monitoring is done 3 days a week Monday Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 6:30 am - 10am . Those are your only options for monitoring.
$670 embryo Cryopreservation $377 Sperm Cryopreservation $2000 medications $2700 Ivf cycle cost not including above
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
They have ordered my meds but increased dosages resulting in myself not having enough medication for the entire cycle . I have also had and entire cycle canceled due to a previous nurse Natalie that did not get me on the schedule as instructed by h to e doctor which pushed me back 30 days in treatment.
2020, Unknown Success
Doctor [Dr. Joel Brasch] was friendly and very clear when explaining things to us. He gave us diagrams and examples. There was no waiting for any of the tests that we needed. I was nervous about the whole situation and he put me at ease. Everything was explained great. No questions were needed as he covered everything before I could ask...Dr Brasch treated both my husband and I like we were humans and answered all questions before I could even ask them. He knew exactly what I wanted to know.
Everything [at Chicago IVF] is pretty fast paced, so if you're not sure, wait until you're sure this is what you want to do. The staff is phenomenal. Everyone has been so great. They genuinely care. I have been to several doctors trying to find out what is wrong and in just a month after all my testing I have answers...Doctor [Dr. Brasch] was friendly and very clear when explaining things to us. He gave us diagrams and examples. There was no waiting for any of the tests that we needed.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Doctor was friendly and very clear when explaining things to us. He gave us diagrams and examples. There was no waiting for any of the tests that we needed. I was nervous about the whole situation and he put me at ease. Everything was explained great. No questions were needed as he covered everything before I could ask
Be patient, he likes to talk.
We just got done with all the testing. We're having our financial meeting in a month and then we will proceed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Angela has been fantastic with everything.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Everything is pretty fast paced, so if you're not sure, wait until you're sure this is what you want to do. The staff is phenomenal. Everyone has been so great. They genuinely care. I have been to several doctors trying to find out what is wrong and in just a month after all my testing I have answers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
We haven't gotten that far yet. So far we have paid almost $1500 for just the testing. I still owe $930 for my last test.

Investment Banker
Since we only met with Dr. Brasch once I dont feel like I know him all that well. He suggested IVF after 3 rounds of unsuccessful Clomid. He said that IUI was a waste of money. We decided to try IUI because it was a much cheaper option and all fertility test came out positive. We are very glad we did not listen to Dr. Brasch's suggestion of IVF..I called the clinic to schedule monitored cycles for my 4th month and they did without talking to Dr. Brasch so an IVF was not scheduled. I added IUI to my monitored cycle.
Angela [nurse at Chicago IVF] is excellent. She did all of my ultrasounds and my IUI. She made me very comfortable during the process and had great communication. The person that drew my blood each time was friendly and very good at what she does...I think the initial appointment with Dr. Brasch was around $300. Some testing and blood work was done off site. HSG test was $1000 off site. One month of monitored cycle was $1000 and an additional $350 for the IUI. I have probably spent around $6000 in the 6 months I was seeing the clinic.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Way out all of your options and get a second opinion if you do not feel like something is right.
We met with the doctor once. He seemed to be knowledgeable and answered questions in a warm manner.
I was prescribed Clomid for 3 cycles on days 5-9. If 3 cycles did not work he suggested IVF. I called the clinic to schedule monitored cycles for my 4th month and they did without talking to Dr. Brasch so an IVF was not scheduled. I added IUI to my monitored cycle.
Angela is excellent. She did all of my ultrasounds and my IUI. She made me very comfortable during the process and had great communication. The person that drew my blood each time was friendly and very good at what she does.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
This clinic is very thorough. There was lack of communication on whether or not I would be doing an IUI. The only weakness is that they only do blood work and ultrasound in the morning. I had a long commute so it was difficult to get off work to attend appointments.
Munster

Dr. Schultz was nice and pleasant, but I only spoke to her three times. Once at my consultation, once at egg retrieval and once over the phone for a post op egg retrieval. Like I said before, I did not feel that she knew my case or was particularly invested in me. She did not know simple facts about me or my diagnosis after my egg retrieval and it did not make me feel comfortable in her ability to treat me. I felt like a number.
The monitoring appointments [at Chicago IVF] were convenient. They were first come, first served...[clinic error]My nurse had a huge issue with my medication and did not send it to WIN Fertility for approval, instead sending it straight to the pharmacy. By the time I realized the mistake, I needed the medication the next day and had it over nighted. This was a $4000.00 mistake. I did eventually get my money back, but it took over a month of a lot of calls
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Be your own advocate. Research the proper IVF protocols for your diagnosis and push to try those protocols. I really feel that I was over suppressed by birth control and it seems they just throw everyone on birth control to get all their patients on the same schedule. It's like an assembly line.
I felt like Dr. Shcultz did not even look at my information before or after egg retrieval. After my retrieval (in which all my follicles were gone), she came to talk with me and said "I guess you ovulated". It was very lax-a-daisy. Then she said "what was your AMH again?". What?!!! Shouldn't she know that or at least check before speaking to me?!
I did the Antagonist protocol. She never gave me a rationale for this protocol. This was my first go at IVF, so I did not know that this protocol is maybe not the best for a woman with diminished ovarian reserve. I think the birth control really over suppressed me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lydia)
My nurse had a huge issue with my medication and did not send it to WIN Fertility for approval, instead sending it straight to the pharmacy. By the time I realized the mistake, I needed the medication the next day and had it over nighted. This was a $4000.00 mistake. I did eventually get my money back, but it took over a month of a lot of calls that I wouldn't have needed to make if she didn't make this mistake. What was particularly upsetting was that she would argue with me about the issue and insist that it was a fault of mine or WIN's instead of just helping me resolve the issue. After this, her attitude toward me was not great. I was often uncomfortable during my morning monitoring and really didn't want to go.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
I can't think of any strengths of this clinic. I'm at a total loss. Their weaknesses are that they treat their patients as an assembly line, they are not well versed in diminished ovarian reserve, their financial coordinators give inaccurate information, and one of their nurses holds grudges.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Chicago IVF.
The monitoring appointments were convenient. They were first come, first served.
My insurance covered most.
We did not get that far.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
1. Lydia tried to cancel the "demonstration class" for IVF injections 2 hours before my appointment when I had already taken a half day at work. Then she could miraculously make my appointment, but tried to guilt trip me when I was there saying "don't mind my stomach growling, I didn't get to eat lunch". 2. At my baseline appointment she abruptly told me "oh you're cycle is going to be canceled. You have a cyst." during my ultrasound. I started crying and she said absolutely nothing to comfort me. It seemed inappropriate for her to even relay that information in that moment without the doctor reviewing it first. My cycle was not canceled 3. Her giant mess up with WIN Fertility costing me thousands of dollars and a bunch of hours on the phone that I did not have time for. 4. She lost paperwork. 5. Even after we moved on from Chicago IVF, we had problems with her. We paid $450 for my husband's infectious disease panel that she administered. We needed the results at our new clinic. She never did the Syphilis panel (which we paid out of pocket for). This means that we were allowed to go through with the whole cycle without having this test done, which, I believe, is illegal.
Munster

So far my experience with Dr. Jain has been positive. I feel that he is innovative and willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. He has compassion for not only me but also my partner. He was willing to go above and beyond in my treatments so far to address all problems....I went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. He performed a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy and resolved some issues of mine that other doctors could not. I have done 3 IUI's with injectables under his care.
It [CIVF - Chicago IVF- Valpo] is a smaller clinic, but I love it because they make you feel like a person not a number. I have been to other clinics and I will tell you they are the best. I am comfortable there and highly recommend it....Angela is the nurse in Valpo and I could not say enough good things about her. She is hardworking and so accommodating. She is the most patient and kind nurse I have ever had. She takes the time to listen and help with any issue you are having. Above all she is one of my biggest cheerleaders and so compassionate.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
So far my experience with Dr. Jain has been positive. I feel that he is innovative and willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. He has compassion for not only me but also my partner. He was willing to go above and beyond in my treatments so far to address all problems. I am very happy having him as my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
He is very open and honest. He is a doctor you can ask anything to without feeling intimidated or like he is rushing you out. Come with all of your questions and concerns. He will address them all with honesty.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr Jain is extremely patient and kind. I always felt he gave me time during appointments with him to answer all of my questions and ease my anxieties.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
I went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. He performed a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy and resolved some issues of mine that other doctors could not. I have done 3 IUI's with injectables under his care. Unfortunately none have been successful yet. He has adjusted my dosage each time and wants to do one more aggressive IUI with injectables before moving to IVF. He is understanding of the fact that I am self pay. He wants to exhaust all of the lower cost treatments before moving onto the larger one which is wonderful. We are hoping our last IUI will work, but if not will continue to save for IVF with him.
Angela is the nurse in Valpo and I could not say enough good things about her. She is hardworking and so accommodating. She is the most patient and kind nurse I have ever had. She takes the time to listen and help with any issue you are having. Above all she is one of my biggest cheerleaders and so compassionate. I would not have made it through all of this without her. I also want to mention Courtney who works the front desk. She is a wonderful, friendly face when you enter and so very helpful. One other person that has been wonderful is the nurse practitioner Tammy. She is so kind, patient, and understanding. She will be an ear to listen and has lots of great information. I am so thankful for all three of those ladies. They have made this much easier to go through. Knowing my husband and I have support from them means more than I can explain.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
It is a smaller clinic, but I love it because they make you feel like a person not a number. I have been to other clinics and I will tell you they are the best. I am comfortable there and highly recommend it.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Brasch, at every visit, reviews the least to most invasive interventions as well as the cost associated, as we are dealing with a lack of insurance coverage because fertility treatments are not covered by our insurance plan. He is reassuring but also honest, straight-forward, and realistic. He expresses his professional opinion in a way that still allows us the freedom to make decision moving forward with treatment. He is sure to explain things in a way that we understand and answers questions thoroughly.
The clinic [Chicago IVF] is always clean, well-maintained, with friendly staff. Weaknesses included the requirement to travel depending on when treatment was needed. For example, our IUI fell over a weekend and we were required to travel from Valparaiso, IN to Orland Park, IL in order to proceed with treatment during that time. This was not problematic for us as we had family nearby, but for someone who does not, it would possibly be a challenge.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Do not hesitate to ask questions or for clarification.
Answered every question and clarified anything we did not understand, gave advice both professional and personal, never felt rushed nor had to wait very long for appointments
Dr. Brasch prescribed me the lowest dose of Clomid and my body reacted very well to the medication, without severe side effects. My first IUI treatment, I had overstimulation and created 6 eggs. It was left up to us to continue with treatment due to the risk of a high-order multiple pregnancy. We felt the risks were well explained to us and we decided to move forward with the IUI procedure. We completed inseminations on back-to-back days, to improve our chances of conceiving. Our first round of IUI was unsuccessful. We decided to move forward with another round of IUI the following month, with the same medication doses and back-to-back inseminations and again the procedure was unsuccessful. The treatments occurred in May and June 2017. Presently (March 2018), we have not had any further treatment and instead attempted to investigate and treat what we believed to be the cause of infertility (male factor). My husband was diagnosed with multiple varicoceles and had surgical repair in July 2017. Numerous post-surgery semen analysis showed no improvement in sperm count. We again consulted with Dr. Brasch who suggested we investigate surgically on myself and I completed a laparoscopy in November 2017 and results came back normal. It was at that point that we decided if we attempt any further treatment, we would proceed with IVF. Due to the financial burden of IVF without insurance coverage, we are unable to proceed with treatment at this time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Chicago IVF.
We have had interactions with many nurses from Chicago IVF as we have visited the offices in Valparaiso, Munster, and Orland Park. All were very kind, understanding, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
The clinic is always clean, well-maintained, with friendly staff. Weaknesses included the requirement to travel depending on when treatment was needed. For example, our IUI fell over a weekend and we were required to travel from Valparaiso, IN to Orland Park, IL in order to proceed with treatment during that time. This was not problematic for us as we had family nearby, but for someone who does not, it would possibly be a challenge.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
Our insurance covered many of the tests, procedures, and office visits under Dr. Brasch's care, but did not cover the cost of fertility treatment. We had numerous $40 co-pays for office visits. My husband's varicocele surgery costs approximately $1000 out of pocket, my laparoscopy cost approximately $600 out of pocket. Each IUI procedure cost $1,850 so for us we paid a total of $3,700 since we completed 2 IUIs. In addition to that expense, we also paid approximately $120 for medication each cycle. We have spent approximately $6,000 since we began seeing Dr. Brasch in the fall of 2016.
I cannot comment on this as we have not experienced our doctor's approach to eSET vs. multiple embryo transfer.
Munster

I have been doing iui with injectables. Each time depending on my response he [Dr. Tarun Jain] has adjusted the dosage when necessary. I have only one functioning tube, we make sure that is the side with the follicles be fore proceeding with the iui. He also has me begin progesterone a few days following my treatment...is patient and kind. He is willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and explain the treatment plan in detail.
The iui cost for self pay [at Chicago IVF] was $350...They treat you like a person not a number...Courtney at the front desk is awesome and a friendly face to walk in to. She is so helpful with anything you need! She makes paperwork and making appointments not so stressful. Her and Angela make a wonderful team. I know that I am well taken care of when I walk in to the clinic. They go above and before anything I’ve ever encountered before from other clinics.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain is compassionate. He is willing to explain things in detail and genuinely cares. He is not in a rush to push things that he knows will be financially difficult for his patients. He takes your thoughts and feelings into consideration with his recommendations for your treatment plan. I truly feel that he is invested in the process of doing what is best to achieve a baby.
Come with any questions or concerns you have and he will address them all and answer to the best of his ability.
Dr. Jain is patient and kind. He is willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and explain the treatment plan in detail.
I have been doing iui with injectables. Each time depending on my response he has adjusted the dosage when necessary. I have only one functioning tube, we make sure that is the side with the follicles be fore proceeding with the iui. He also has me begin progesterone a few days following my treatment.
Angela is wonderful. I could not say enough good things about her. She is patient, accommodating, and truly cares for all of her patients. She is a huge support and I could not have gotten this far without her.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Courtney at the front desk is awesome and a friendly face to walk in to. She is so helpful with anything you need! She makes paperwork and making appointments not so stressful. Her and Angela make a wonderful team. I know that I am well taken care of when I walk in to the clinic. They go above and before anything I’ve ever encountered before from other clinics. They treat you like a person not a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
The ultra sounds and blood work range depending on the type. The iui cost for self pay was $350. All medications range in price.

2010 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Brasch is very compassionate. He takes care to not only make sure you are well informed of your options, but also sees to the emotional needs of a couple. When I found I had additional questions after a consultation, Dr Brasch was quick to take a phone consultation with me to further inform me...As I suffer from annovulatuin & a progesterone deficiency, Dr Brasch recommended the use of Clomid to assist in ovulation. My husband suffers from Varicocele, which can cause his sperm count to fluctuate or be unpredictable. So to further asssist in conception, Dr Brasch offered us the option of monitored IUI rounds.
They [staff at Chicago IVF] are exceptionally warm & welcoming at each visit. You can feel they are as hopeful for success as you are!...Tammy C [nurse] was so compassionate, well informed & personable. She was willing to discuss natural forms of supplematation with me, for prenatal vitamins and such. Ashley [nurse] has been a breath of fresh air! She treats me as though we are BFF’s & in this together.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Come prepared to ask questions & be ready to partner with Dr Brasch. He is as invested as you are in a favorable outcome!
Dr Brasch & each member of his staff have treated us like family. They are exceptionally warm & welcoming at each visit. You can feel they are as hopeful for success as you are!
As I suffer from annovulatuin & a progesterone deficiency, Dr Brasch recommended the use of Clomid to assist in ovulation. My husband suffers from Varicocele, which can cause his sperm count to fluctuate or be unpredictable. So to further asssist in conception, Dr Brasch offered us the option of monitored IUI rounds. I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to assist in ensuring my progesterone levels stayed up through the end of each cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Ashley )
Tammy C was so compassionate, well informed & personable. She was willing to discuss natural forms of supplematation with me, for prenatal vitamins and such. Ashley has been a breath of fresh air! She treats me as though we are BFF’s & in this together.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Chicago IVF is so convenient in that they have several locations available in both IL & IN. Their same-day lab is phenomenal, in that you know you are receiving top care & priority in being notified of your next steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
Costs seemed industry appropriate. Being that my husband & myself were self-pay, due to no fertility coverage though our instance, the office offered to assist, where possible, with our injectibles medications via donated or sample medicines.
Valparaiso

He [Dr. Brasch] has an interesting bedside manner and can come off as insensitive at times. He was always running late for appointments which was frustrating as he seemed to have limited availability for convenient appointment times to begin with. He once downplayed our situation saying "we were the easiest patients he had seen that day" which may have been true but our situation was not easy for us...IUI-no reason why it wouldn't work based on test results IVF-found out tubes were blocked by more in-depth testing; risk of trying to open them successfully not worth it so IVF is option
Ann [nurse at Chicago IVF] was great. She seemed like the only one who knew what was going on in the clinic at times...Gloria did not draw labs at the right time so we were unable to start IVF as soon as we were told. We were paying out of pocket and a more expensive medication was ordered when cheaper options were available...No guidance provided for number of embryos transferred on day of transfer by assistance...There seemed to be a lack of communication at times. A nurse, Gloria, mismanaged us at an appointment causing us to delay our IVF cycle. The original IVF coordinator quit right before our cycle was going to start
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
He has an interesting bedside manner and can come off as insensitive at times. He was always running late for appointments which was frustrating as he seemed to have limited availability for convenient appointment times to begin with. He once downplayed our situation saying "we were the easiest patients he had seen that day" which may have been true but our situation was not easy for us.
Ask questions about everything. Do research before going to know what to expect. Look into other clinic options
During the entire IVF cycle, there was a LARGE number of other women. Sometimes hard to get an appointment for US/labs due to that fact. During the retrieval and transfer, Dr. Brasch's assistant Dr. Schlutz was running behind on both days. She seemed disheveled and almost unsure of herself and the plan of care. She seemed to not know how to properly address patients, especially in a sensitive situation like IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Ann)
Ann was great. She seemed like the only one who knew what was going on in the clinic at times
Valparaiso
De. Brasch was very kind and came across as a gentle man. We spoke very calmly, almost zen-like. I did have a unique case so he scheduled an additional phone conference to discuss. He was very arrogant though, speaking a lot about how great he was at his job. ... I had a standard IVF Protocol using Menopur, Follistim and Ganirelix. He never changed my dosages and I felt like it was very cookie-cutter.
We did not care for the mass cycles, nor did the treatment seem to be personalized. They [Chicago IVF] nickel and dime you a ton. The biggest factor why we left is because they would not let my husband in the room for any appointment, including the transfer. It’s the only clinic I’m aware of that does not let the spouse/partner back for the Transfer of the embryos (huge turn off!). They also messed my numbers up with other women and nurses seemed stretched very thin.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
You will need to do a lot of your own research. If I hadn’t educated myself on the IVF process, I would have never known what was going on.
They do mass cycles instead of starting your IVF cycle when your body is ready. Additionally, when I was getting updates on our embryos, I received other women’s information and numbers because it was a universal email that they copy and pasted over.
My main nurse, Angela, was wonderful. Very sweet and caring. Though, I did feel like I knew more than her sometimes. She was very soft spoken and seemed to agree with anything I said.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
We did not care for the mass cycles, nor did the treatment seem to be personalized. They nickel and dime you a ton. The biggest factor why we left is because they would not let my husband in the room for any appointment, including the transfer. It’s the only clinic I’m aware of that does not let the spouse/partner back for the Transfer of the embryos (huge turn off!). They also messed my numbers up with other women and nurses seemed stretched very thin.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
$14,000 Fresh embryo cycle + Meds $1500 for retrieval/anesthesia $650 to freeze embryos + $69 per month to store. $500 for transfer fee
You could tell him how many you wanted but you did need to justify your reason. Once you did that you could transfer multiples.
Munster
Dr [Brasch] does not hold back, which I actually prefer - does not sugar coat. Very professional....Very informative... gave all details and risks. Helped me achieve pregnancy through IVF but unfortunately I miscarried. Have full confidence in him...We started with a plan to do 2 IUI’s before moving on with IVF. We actually did 3...his nurses are fantastic but wish it was the Dr doing them, unfortunately no success. We did IVF in June... we used a couple injectables (follistem and ganarellix and trigger shot) for procedure. Retervial went well, it was performed by Dr Braash. Little to no cramping. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized... 3 days later both were implanted by the embryologist.
Great staff [CIVF-Chicago IVF]... always treat me like I am important and they want me to get to the end result... pregnancy!..Great office- clean, good atmosphere. Nurse (Mary) is outstanding. Everyone makes you feel welcome and they truly want the best for you. They understand your ultimate goal and are with you every step of the way to get you there!...Mary is OUTSTANDING! I had to see other nurses there a couple of times when Mary was out and they do not compare! She is compassionate, organized and supportive...We are now completely out of pocket for our upcoming IVF cycle... with electing PSG, we are looking at over $20,000 (all on us).
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Very informative... gave all details and risks. Helped me achieve pregnancy through IVF but unfortunately I miscarried. Have full confidence in him. I am starting my 2nd IVF and will be having him do it this time as well.
Be ready to hear full details. Dr does not hold back, which I actually prefer - does not sugar coat. Very professional.
Great staff... always treat me like I am important and they want me to get to the end result... pregnancy!
We started with a plan to do 2 IUI’s before moving on with IVF. We actually did 3...his nurses are fantastic but wish it was the Dr doing them, unfortunately no success. We did IVF in June... we used a couple injectables (follistem and ganarellix and trigger shot) for procedure. Retervial went well, it was performed by Dr Braash. Little to no cramping. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized... 3 days later both were implanted by the embryologist. One took, but baby stopped growing at 6 weeks 3 days, I had to miscarry. Dr Braash ordered extensive blood work, my husband and I are all good. We will proceed with another round, unfortunately it will be all out of pocket for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
I have a $10,000 lifetime max on fertility with my insurance. That got eaten up fast. With 3 IUI’s and 1round of IVF I paid about $10,000 + out of pocket... deductible, paid for meds out of pocket and what was left over after insurance ran out. We are now completely out of pocket for our upcoming IVF cycle... with electing PSG, we are looking at over $20,000 (all on us). We sadly have to take out a loan.
We picked to implant 2, due to my age (40).
Orland Park

Dr Brasch is great. He does not sugar coat, but is very sensitive to your well being. I appreciate that he cleared up any fibroids and issues I had before we started treatment. he also said he would only have me do 3 IUI's before moving onto IVF because to keep doing IUI's we would almost pay for an IVF round after a while...I was watched very closely once I was done taking Letrozole. They were monitoring me at one point every day because my ovulation was crazy
The nurse and staff at the Valpo office [of Chicago IVF] are VERY organized and compassionate. I switched to them after my awful experience at the munster location...$1300 for single IUI, $1650 for double IUI, plus medications, shots, and beta test...I do not like that they wait till EOD to make call backs and then turn off incoming calls, so it's a cross your fingers they will get back to you. I always had to worry with Munster office, but not with Valpo
DO NOT GO TO MUNSTER OFFICE, go to Valpo
his munster office is AWFUL, would never go there again. But his nurse at Valpo office is wonderful, so I switched there
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela Wickstrom )
The nurse and staff at the Valpo office are VERY organized and compassionate. I switched to them after my awful experience at the munster location
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
The specifics were with their Munster staff. Once I switched to their Valpo office, everything was perfect
Munster
Ask tons of questions he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is great and always answers...He was absolutely amazing we were with him for 2.5 years and I never thought to go to another dr or get a second opinion. I would 100% recommend him. He has an amazing bedside manner and always was compassionate and kind. He has also written a book which was amazing to read and learn how invested he is in the infertility world.
Dana [at Chicago IVF] was amazing, I'm sad I don't still see her and talk with her. She was always wiling to listen and answer any questions always had an answer for us or if she didn't know she would check and promptly return phone call. She has an amazing bedside manner. Also the untraound techs were very friendly and explained everything in great detail...Ask tons of questions he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is great and always answers..
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Ask tons of questions he is great and always answers
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Dana was amazing, I'm sad I don't still see her and talk with her. She was always wiling to listen and answer any questions always had an answer for us or if she didn't know she would check and promptly return phone call. She has an amazing bedside manner. Also the untraound techs were very friendly and explained everything in great detail
Describe Tarun Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
He allowed us to choose how many and discussed options and risks
Warrenville

It seemed like everytime I saw [Dr. Brasch] he had a rehearsed speech to give me. He said the exact thing everytime I saw him. I didn’t feel like he tailored his speech to fit where we were at in our treatment.3 iui cycles with letrozole. Because letrozole was supposed to work best for pcos. The first 2 cycles failed and we canceled the 3rd bc I was not responding to the medication at all. 3 more cycles with iui and clomid. All 3 failed.
Angela [nurse at Chicago IVF] was the sweetest nurse around. She has such compassion, knows just the right things to say and I looked forward to seeing her everytime I was there. I’m a very anxious person, and she made me feel completely calm...The clinic is very small, maybe a little on the outdated side,but very organized. It seemed that everyone worked well together. Never waited for my appointment, always received calls back in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Dr Brasch was very sympathetic. Very kind, but it also seemed like he said the same thing to every patient. I only saw him twice in my entire two years with the clinic. And each time he said the exact same words. Drew the exact same picture and told us to do the exact same thing. Now looking back I would’ve appreciated him being more blunt and pushing us to try something different, instead of saying that he thinks what we’re doing is good.
Write down all your questions, and all of his answers. Push for what seems right for you and your future.
It seemed like everytime I saw the dr he had a rehearsed speech to give me. He said the exact thing everytime I saw him. I didn’t feel like he tailored his speech to fit where we were at in our treatment.
Angela was the sweetest nurse around. She has such compassion, knows just the right things to say and I looked forward to seeing her everytime I was there. I’m a very anxious person, and she made me feel completely calm.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF.
Each iui was $1350 I believe. After each iui I’d get a bill anywhere from 200-400 for random labs and whatnot. And then the medications would cost me anywhere from $200-900 each cycle.

2013 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Jain really took the time to sit with us and review anything we needed....We had a fabulous experience with Dr. Jain. I felt completely confident in his expertise, his insight into my particular case, and his execution...After a couple failed cycles, Dr. Jain was willing to give a final effort, increasing my meds accordingly. Finally, he advised that donor eggs would be the best route for us.... During my actual transfer, it went so smoothly, and I honestly hardly felt a thing.
I loved the entire doctor/nurse staff and CIVF! The front desk girls are great, as well! When I first started seeing CIVF in 2013, we did have to put down some large administrative fees - one for 7k was for genetic testing. We were never able to harvest my eggs, so never ended up going through with the genetic testing. 5k of that 7k was a non refundable “admin fee”, which was unfortunate. I would say aside from various admin fees, I loved everything about CIVF.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
We had a fabulous experience with Dr. Jain. I felt completely confident in his expertise, his insight into my particular case, and his execution. During my actual transfer, it went so smoothly, and I honestly hardly felt a thing. (He is not the only fertility doctor I’ve seen, so I know this is not always the case!)
You’re in good hands!
Dr. Jain really took the time to sit with us and review anything we needed. He remembered my daughter (my successful IVF transfer in 2014) when I came back from out of state to try another cycle.
We tried a few times to harvest my own eggs. After a couple failed cycles, Dr. Jain was willing to give a final effort, increasing my meds accordingly. Finally, he advised that donor eggs would be the best route for us. We now have a beautiful baby girl and are so thankful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary Anne)
All of the nurses I’ve had have been fabulous. Although my second cycle was not successful, Mary Anne (my main nurse) was absolutely fabulous. I had previously lived in Chicago when I started seeing CIVF, and had a successful pregnancy. I had since moved out of state, but wanted to continue treatment with CIVF. Mary Anne worked closely with labs in TN to make the entire process as seamless as possible and was a fabulous communicator.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
Our insurance coverage was fabulous at CIVF. There were some admin fees, specifically the ones I recall were associated with genetic testing (which we didn’t end up being able to use) and donor egg coordinating (a fee for receiving the eggs).
Dr. Jain recommended transferring two embryos for each of my cycles.
Orland Park

Joel Brasch told me I was an "easy case" and made it very clear that I was going to get pregnant without any issues using IVF. When I had 2 IVFs fail, I went to him and asked what was next, and he said "another IVF". I asked about an ERA test, and I was told "that is not part of our protocol." I was treated as a number - he did not care if I got pregnant or had a baby. He cared about how much money he made from me.... I had surgery at this clinic, and I had to get the entire surgery redone because it was incorrect the first time.
The front desk has a lot of decision making power which is terrible. The communication at CIVF is excellent - if they say they are going to call you back, they will. The nurses are just ok - Ashley is by far the best and most caring.... The best nurse at CIVF is Ashley. She has compassion and care.... $32K for one full IVF, $26K for surgery that didn't work... I had surgery at this clinic, and I had to get the entire surgery redone because it was incorrect the first time.
How was your experience with Joel Brasch at Chicago IVF?
Switch doctors before you start.
Same process always - was told “that’s not part of our protocol” when I asked about an ERA
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mia)
The best nurse at CIVF is Ashley. She has compassion and care.
$32K for one full IVF, $26K for surgery that didn't work
Valparaiso

If you don’t understand ask he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is very patient and understands that it can be very overwhelming...recommended 2 embryos to have more of a chance of successful transfer...He treated me as if I was his only patient very caring and extremely warm...was a really great doctor. He was kind and patient. Never was in a rush to get you in and out. Dr Jain made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I would recommend dr Jain to anyone not because I was sucessful with IVF but because it was the overall experience I had with him.
They [nurses at Chicago IVF] were extremely nice. They are the ones that made my experience even better. Very kind and patient and I loved how organized it was...Doctor Jain was a really great doctor. He was kind and patient. Never was in a rush to get you in and out. Dr Jain made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I would recommend dr Jain to anyone not because I was sucessful with IVF but because it was the overall experience I had with him.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
If you don’t understand ask he is very patient and understands that it can be very overwhelming.
He treated me as if I was his only patient very caring and extremely warm. Loved Chicago IVF nurses and doctors
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Chicago IVF.
They were extremely nice. They are the ones that made my experience even better. Very kind and patient and I loved how organized it was and how there was never an extremely lon wait.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Be sure to make sure you understand your insurance and billing. It can get really confusing. I you could end up having a out of pocket expense. Just know that IVF is not cheap and if you want additional testing it’s even more expensive. So when you have a sit down with the billing person ask her everything g even if you think it’s a stupid question.
Dr Jain recommended 2 embryos to have more of a chance of successful transfer