Genetic counseling: Offered
is not offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
Avon
33100 Cleveland Clinic Blvd.
Avon, OH 44011
216-444-6601
8701 Darrow Road
Twinsburg, OH 44087
330-888-4000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center to a friend?

6.8

The clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] was very friendly and helpful when i was present, however there were a couple of mishaps with communication and scheduling that was frustrating due to the time sensitivity of some of these test. there was one blood test they needed to be drawn on a specific day but the order didn't go through and i had to wait until the second cycle for me to get that blood test...Lily [nurse] was responsive and very straight forward. she did not have great bedside manner but she was polite.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The clinic was very friendly and helpful when i was present, however there were a couple of mishaps with communication and scheduling that was frustrating due to the time sensitivity of some of these test. there was one blood test they needed to be drawn on a specific day but the order didn't go through and i had to wait until the second cycle for me to get that blood test.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldberg listened to me and i can't express that enough. He also took time to explain what he "thought" was going on based on my history and what tests we would take to confirm or disprove this. After 3 "chemical pregnancies" he explained how these weren't miscarriages in the medical community but felt we could move forward with treating them instead of waiting for more to happen. Additionally, he was willing to work with me on a plan that i felt comfortable with so i felt like i had options and control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lily)
Lily was responsive and very straight forward. she did not have great bedside manner but she was polite. It wasn't lily, but a different nurse called to confirm my hysteroscopy and didn't remind me to take advil (and none was prescribed to me). i was unaware of the discomfort level of this procedure and wished someone would have been more forward about that so i could better prepare. i did the procedure with no advil or anything - i have made sure to warn my friends in a similar situation to take advil BEFORE the procedure as well as after or to ask for a prescription
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
I appreciated Dr. Goldberg taking the time to listen to me and to help me find the plan that worked for me and him. I appreciated that he did not jump to IUI or IVF, as I have friends who have had doctors do that. In talking about our plan, not only was he willing to adjust it BUT he was willing to speak to my concerns of the next steps if there were any setbacks. He made sure to be at my first follow up appointment and every ultra sound that we had once we had a pregnancy. He even rescheduled for me to make sure that i saw him as for one of the ultra sounds. he did give me the option of going to my OB after the first ultrasound but said he'd prefer for me to stay with him for one more before moving forward. I stayed with him for a second ultrasound as a precaution for myself and at 13 weeks transferred to my OB
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Be prepared. He won't just give you information freely, but if you ask a question he will answer it. He will answer as many questions as you have, however if you don't ask he may not mention something. YOu can always ask his nurse later, but i found him to be more responsive "in the appointment" than to go through his nurse.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Goldberg used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did two rounds of Clomid to help balance out my hormones. it was a 50 mg does that i started to take on day 3 - 7 of my cycle. we "tried" every day if not every other day from day 11 to day 18. my period immediately went from 21 days to 28 days after the first cycle. We had a hysteroscopy on day 7 of my first cycle. I did blood draws the day of my consultation, the first day of my period, the 3rd day of my period, and the 7 day. I should note Dr. Goldberg wanted to wait to start clomid until after these blood draws were complete as they were the ones that would confirm his suspicions on what was happening BUT i wanted to start right away. He agreed to let me start right away but warned me i have a higher risk of another chemical pregnancy if we don't know what's causing yet. we didn't conceive after the first cycle and repeated the clomid along with the blood draws. we conceived after the second cycle. we took hcg tests every other day for two weeks had an ultrasound at 6 weeks then blood draws every 4 days until 8 weeks. then did a second ultrasound at 9 weeks.
Twinsburg

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.

Other, Unexplained
we pay Out of pocket [at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] for the IUIs and sperm procedure which costs us $700 each time...Strength for the clinic is the availability once you are an established patient. I never have a problem scheduling an appt. The only weakness I feel some patients may have is that you don’t see the doctor at every appt...They[nurses] are the ones who are with you during all your ultrasounds and just before your IUI. They are professional and supportive. They also call you with the plan promptly after the doctors meet at 11am. They take the time to answer any questions and check all your meds before getting off the phone with you.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
When we meet with her she always shows compassion towards us. She takes the time to answer all our questions and hear our concerns. She has also worked with us when we have ideas (like taking some time off to feel healthy again) as well as presents us with all our options. Never pressuring us into doing anything and supporting all our decisions.
They are the ones who are with you during all your ultrasounds and just before your IUI. They are professional and supportive. They also call you with the plan promptly after the doctors meet at 11am. They take the time to answer any questions and check all your meds before getting off the phone with you.
How was your experience with Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
I feel she is very knowledgeable; answering all our questions and trust me I usually have a to . She is also cautious with all my treatment unless I request a change. Even though she doesn’t do all my inseminations I know she is watching. This was shown after our 6th failed IUI, where Clomid put my body into preovulation; she personally called me to discuss the results, showing compassion and even some frustration for us. She makes us feel she is fighting for us to have a baby as much as we are. When we decided to start hormone injections, you could see and feel her excitement for us. That reaction just made us feel more hope and excitement as well. She has made herself available to me as much as possible through the office, email, mychart and phone......And she responds within a day. Overall, Dr Flyckt has been very professional and great to work with during this very challenging journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
You may not see Dr Flyckt at every appointment; but just reach out to her because she is always available. The clinic has a lot of patients so they have a system; a system that works with so many patients and doctors. But that system can be change if you just reach out and continue that communication as much as you need too
Describe the protocols Rebecca Flyckt used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
1st 3 mths- medicated cycles with letrozole (days 3-7) using ovulation kits. 2 negative and 1 chemical pregnancy Next 3 mths- letrozole (days 3-7) and IUI. 2 ultrasounds to measure my follicles before the IUI. Once 1 measured at 17mm; triggered with Ovidrel. IUI 2 days later. Took 1 progesterone pill 2 days after IUI. 2 negative; 1 chemical pregnancy. (1st sperm sample was 1.3mil so she put my husband on vitamins. Next two samples went up but I don’t remember how by much...one hit 13mil). Next 3 - Clomid (days 3-7 I think?) with IUI. 3 ultrasounds each time to measure follicles. All 3 times I went into pre-ovulation before the trigger so the IUIs were cancelled. Now we are onto Gonal F injections with IUIs. This is our first month and I am in my TWW right now. Nice responses from injections. 3 follicles measuring 16, 15 and 14. Triggered with Ovidrel then 2 days later had IUI. Sperm sample was 8.5 mil. Have been taking 2 progesterone pills (one morning one night) starting 2 days after IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Our insurance pays for ultrasounds and bloodwork so that is around $300-$500 each IuI. Then we pay Out of pocket for the IUIs and sperm procedure which costs us $700 each time. The meds are partially covered so we’ve paid about $900 total thus far.
Avon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.

2016 - 2019
The Cleveland Clinic is an amazing hospital. They are located all over northeast Ohio so finding a location close to home is easy. I wish overall the cost of IVF was more affordable. This is the primary reason why I am not seeking treatment for IVF through the clinic and rather out of state where I can afford. However, I am still being monitored by them. Staff is always great. At times I get the run around of where to go and who to see. But that is usually only at first until we figure out who is the best person to see. Appointments are always available and easy to schedule.
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Dr. Goldberg is a really nice provider whom I felt listened to my concerns and throughly explained the IUI process. Was available when needed and responded to my questions online quickly.
This office is also my regular OBGYN office. The nurses there are always friendly and helpful. They show compassion when I got upset in the room recently and just listened to my concerns.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Responded to all questions in a timely manner in person and online through email. Easy to talk with and personably. Felt as if he really cared. Discussed openly about treatment options and next steps.
Come prepared with questions and concerns.
I think he followed the standard process in this journey. Since I have unexplained infertility, we started off with basics like Clomid and 4 rounds of IUI. If we were unsuccessful with these then he wanted to see us back to discuss next steps. I did not have a specific plan specialized for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Each IUI was around $700 each. Clomid only around $10. This is for 4 cycles. Not including office visits which were not expense but there was an obvious fee.
Describe Jeffrey Goldberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Twinsburg

I love the quick scheduling and the use of the app, I find it very useful. The atmosphere is pleasant and the people are all great. The wait time once arriving to the appointment is minimal and overall they [Cleveland Clinic] seem incredibly organized and efficient. ... [Nursing staff] They all seem very pleasant and knowledgeable, no complaints so far. ... We did have an issue with a recent follow up appointment where there was a miscommunication and we were never told to do a SA and blood work prior to the new appointment.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I love the quick scheduling and the use of the app, I find it very useful. The atmosphere is pleasant and the people are all great. The wait time once arriving to the appointment is minimal and overall they seem incredibly organized and efficient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Neel Parekh at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Parekh is really great, he specializes in Male Factor Infertility/Urology at Cleveland Clinic and my husband and I found him after a bad experience with another doctor at Summa Health Center. Dr. Parekh is great about taking the time to sit down with you, tell you the steps and answer questions. He is also incredibly open to trying different treatments and listening to his patients. HE has never pressured us and is open and honest and will tell it like it is. We are currently trying a second meditation for my husband's Azoospermia which will hopefully prevent us from having to do MicroTESE surgery. The previous doctor we saw gave us no hope and told us that nothing would help besides surgery which is incredibly expensive. Dr. Parekh at least gives us some hope that there may be another solution.
They all seem very pleasant and knowledgeable, no complaints so far.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Neel Parekh at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
He is open, honest and willing to listen and try new things. He admits and understands that everyone is different and individual and there is no such thing as a textbook case which I appreciate. He is willing to try new and different treatments and has offered us hope and support as well as suggestions with this difficult situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Neel Parekh at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Ask questions, he is willing to take the time to answer. Use the app, Dr. Parekh will answer you back through the app quickly, you can also see all of your lab results and track the information yourself through the app.
Describe the protocols Neel Parekh used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My husband had done an SA at my RE, which is where we found out he has 0 sperm. After a second SA it was confirmed that he has Azoospermia. After waiting nearly 2 months to see the doctor we were referred to by my RE we were left feeling completely discouraged when he said there was no hope or treatment and that our only option was surgery with a success rate of 30%. Refusing to give up I quickly made an appointment at Cleveland Clinic with Dr. Parekh. We immediatly felt 100x more comfortable with him. He took the time to look over the charts and information as well as answer questions, he said that based on the labs he was encouraged and hopeful that we may not have to do surgery at all with different medications. He prescribed my husband Anastrazole and after 3 months of still not seeing a significant change switched him to Clomid. We ill find out in another 3 months if it has helped or not before deciding to do MicroTESE surgery.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Neel Parekh at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I am not sure as we are still waiting to receive the bills once the charges are processed through our insurance.
Neel Parekh
Cleveland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Neel Parekh at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.

Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Based on my review of the CDC documents they have a great results. I really like the team approach you have multiple doctors with many years of experience to consult with and give you the best plan. The beachwood location is great for having everything full service with in the space. Bloodwork, Ultrasounds, Nurses, etc..
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cynthia Austin at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
She was very through in the process at the IVF consult and took plenty of time to answer all our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Soshanna)
My primary nurse was great. She did have a schedule vacation when everything was picking up in my cycle. That is another reason I liked the team approach Cleveland Clinic works with. Cindy stepped in and was wonderful too! They are all very attentive and willing to answer questions.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Cynthia Austin at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Cynthia is very through and detail oriented. Something to be prepared with is you will communicate more with the nurses then the actual doctor. But I think I have come to like how the Cleveland Clinic works as a team. The doctors meet daily mid day to discuss all patients under a cycle of monitoring. After the meeting they communicate to you via the nurse. As first it felt a little rocky but once we got going my comfort increased. You do have mychart messaging available to send messages directly to Cynthia and she always responded very promptly!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cynthia Austin at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
If you questions. Message through My Chart to the doctor!
Describe the protocols Cynthia Austin used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used mini-stimulation. This was decided due to my diminished ovarian reserve. She said the results are good using this even sometimes having better quality eggs from a person with a diminished reserve. She said she would expect 3-6 eggs to be able to retrieve from any stimulation course we selected. I showed a positive response in my estridol on the clomid so we proceeded with that. I am in the middle of my cycle looking to trigger tomorrow. But as on right now I have 2-18mm, 1- 16mm & 2-11mm follicles. Hoping a couple more are more mature come the day of retrieval. My initial response on day 7 of stimulation was not great. Day 9 still not great. They increased my dose of Folistim to 300 and on Day 11 something started to happen!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cynthia Austin at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Prepayment for IVF is $11,600. Plus the ultrasounds & nurse visits ( i haven't received these bills yet. I have had 5. The medications have been $2,750 using mini-stimulation. These are the costs for the actual IVF. All the pre work up costs are additional. Genetic Testing for both my husband & I $500. Other bloodwork & hysterscopy plus other pre things were done.
Describe Cynthia Austin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The strongly lead with single embryo transfer. Cynthia said there are considerations for 2. But mostly they suggest only 1.
Beachwood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cynthia Austin at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.

The nurses were wonderful [at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center], very informative and compassionate! They were easy to get ahold of and were able to answer all my questions!...Monitoring hours were from 7am-8am. I was able to schedule a time and was always seem on my scheduled appointment time. The US and lab always ran effeciently and smoothly...I have zero complaints about the Cleveland Clinic. All of staff was respectful, organized, informative and compassionate! The only thing I found frustrating was US and blood work monitoring on the weekends. They only had one location open and they seemed under staffed! One occasion I had to wait over an hour to have these two tasks completed.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
She is very personable and genunily cares about your situation and wants to help!
The nurses were wonderful, very informative and compassionate! They were easy to get ahold of and were able to answer all my questions!
When we first met Rebecca we knew she was our doctor right away! She was compassionate about her job and our situation! She kept us positive and was always reaching out to see how we were handling each step of the IVF process. She gave me her cell phone number and would call me regularly! Although our journey had an unexpected result she was able to come up with a new plan for our future cycle of IVF and kept us hopeful we could still have a baby!
You will not be dissappointed! She will go above and beyond for your care!
I was on an antagonist protocol! I did a small dose of HCG (5U), follistim starting at 300iu; also triggered with lupron and HCG. I produced 12 eggs, 8 were mature and 7 fertilized. I was called daily by the lab with progress but unfortunately on day 4 received a call that all the embryos stopped growing. We were unable to freeze anything and we're devastated. Rebecca thinks it is related to poor egg quality which never crossed my mind since I am only 28.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
After insurance we owed a little over $1,000. After a failed IVF cycle and 5 IUIs at UH we are about $5,000 in debt.
Describe Rebecca Flyckt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Rebecca felt if I had 1 very strong healthy embryo it would be best to transfer one

IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is very clean and lab is kept under highest control in preserving the patient's embryos. Staff is very friendly, and helpful if you have any question about the paperwork or insurance. Financial counselor is also very helpful in explaining the cost of the procedure and is knowledgeable which insurance will cover what procedure and what will not, and what out of pocket cost will be. Overall clinic maintains the highest customer service.
IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Clinic is very clean and lab is kept under highest control in preserving the patient's embryos. Staff is very friendly, and helpful if you have any question about the paperwork or insurance. Financial counselor is also very helpful in explaining the cost of the procedure and is knowledgeable which insurance will cover what procedure and what will not, and what out of pocket cost will be. Overall clinic maintains the highest customer service.
Dr Flyckt treated me and my partner like human beings and we felt she really took the time to listen to our fertility struggles and explained everything that she can offer us. We had 2 prior failed IVF cycles at a different clinic and we didn't know the reasons why the cycles failed. Dr Flyckt really took the time to review our medical history and explained to us what could have caused the cycles to fail. She answered all our questions we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sally )
Team of nurses was very helpful and organized, explained the protocol and usage of the injectable medication very clearly, they ordered meds ahead when needed, and returned phone calls the same day.
Dr. Flyckt took her time to really listen to me and my partner about our struggle to get pregnant. We felt very welcomed by her and she answered all our questions in a positive & truthful way. We needed her support to continue with the IVF cycle, because we have had 2 failed IVF cycles before at a different clinic and we didn't know the reasons why prior IVF cycles failed. Dr. Flyckt explained everything and really took her time to listen to us, and encouraged us to try another cycle of IVF which resulted in a baby. We are very thankful to Dr. Flyckt and her team.
Very knowledgeable, polite and experienced doctor.
Protocol used was the "AA (Agonist-Antagonist) Protocol, which produce the maximum # of eggs (for me was total of 10 eggs) and it resulted in 2 good quality embryos which were both transferred and resulted in one healthy baby. My baby is 2 months old currently.
Monitoring was done in the morning, between the hours of 6am to noon. Even though I had a set appointment or was late to it, I was seen.
IVF procedure cost was $11, 615, meds are anywhere from $3000-$5000.
The number of embryos that were transferred were 2 and resulted in 1 live birth. I personally think that multiple transfer of embryos is better since it gives a higher chance of embryo implanting in the uterus and producing a pregnancy.
Beachwood

[Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is a big hospital and big practice. There were times where I felt like I had to repeat myself over and over to get what I needed throughout my cycle...Leading up to egg retrieval the office didn’t order labs they needed and That partly prevented me from being able to do a fresh transfer...It is recommmended that I not take estrogen and the IVF nurse was talking about starting my cycle with birth control pills. Speaks to poor chart review and communication from the physicians to the nurses. Dot the Is and cross the Ts then double check
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
We paid the higher price for IVF here at Celeveland Clinic mainly because it’s the lab and embryologists that make the difference. We tolerated the poor communication for what we hope is the chance at a better outcome
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marjan Attaran at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
It is a big hospital and big practice. There were times where I felt like I had to repeat myself over and over to get what I needed throughout my cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Avon office nurses )
I was having monitoring in the city where I lived and was traveling for IVF. The clinic gave me outdated information regarding ability to get monitoring where I lived, literally the contacts on the list had not worked there for 3+ years. I gave them feedback and corrected the information They gave me but I am 99% sure they didn’t not update their information. They were not helpful in figuring out the process and still did not get me the proper orders up until the end. There were two occasions that they forgot to call me and update on the plan of the day after the 12pm conference including on the day they decided about my egg retrieval date. I literally logged into my MyChart account and just saw it there. I called the office and was told there was no one to talk to in the office. i will say that nurse Kerry got the swing of things she got me the orders for ultrasound and blood work when I needed them but she must have gone on vacation the week of my retrieval because the other nurses did not know how to get me orders though it was outlined in my chart
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Marjan Attaran at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
She was very nice and it my impression may be partly due to the fact that I am also a physician but I just didn’t feel like she explained things thoroughly for me and she ordered labs and didn’t ever respond regarding what they meant to my IVF cycle. She did send me to a specialist regarding my medical history which was important for me to avoid complications. Leading up to egg retrieval the office didn’t order labs they needed and That partly prevented me from being able to do a fresh transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marjan Attaran at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
You have to stay on top of things. I am a physician and I have a good friend who is a REI so I know what questions to ask and what to look out for but for the average person or someone with no medical background they could leave you lost. It is recommmended that I not take estrogen and the IVF nurse was talking about starting my cycle with birth control pills. Speaks to poor chart review and communication from the physicians to the nurses. Dot the Is and cross the Ts then double check
Describe the protocols Marjan Attaran used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Used an antagonist protocol. I have PCOS but am unable to use estrogen due to having a history of blood clots. I took provera to induce a period. I started gonal F 200 units on day 3 of the cycle and started lovenox at the same time. Lupron Trigger planned Day 14 due to high risk for OHSS with PCOS and elevated AMH
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marjan Attaran at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Package $11,700 cost before insurance
Marjan Attaran
Avon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marjan Attaran at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.

PCOS, Other, Unexplained
One nurse [at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] wrote notes on paper towels, fumbled materials while preparing for IUI, couldn't find my cervix. Next month, I told another nurse about my bad experience and said that my cervix could be difficult to find, and she rolled her eyes and guessed which nurse I had the last time, and said 'User error'...Felt like they just shuffled you through the program. Billing was terrible and inaccurate. Couldn't get a hold of anyone to discuss.
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
It may have been more a result of the Cleveland Clinic's system, but she never remembered our history, would just read off of the chart when we came in. We were given incorrect dates for timing of appointments/procedures (which as you are all aware, timing is everything for getting pregnant). Felt like they just shuffled you through the program. Billing was terrible and inaccurate. Couldn't get a hold of anyone to discuss.
One nurse gave us incorrect information on timing for an IUI, then said nothing and went through with the procedure even though she knew it wouldn't work. Went in the next month (same timing) and that nurse told us the error. One nurse wrote notes on paper towels, fumbled materials while preparing for IUI, couldn't find my cervix. Next month, I told another nurse about my bad experience and said that my cervix could be difficult to find, and she rolled her eyes and guessed which nurse I had the last time, and said 'User error'.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
It may have been more a result of the Cleveland Clinic's system, but she never remembered our history, would just read off of the chart when we came in. We were given incorrect dates for timing of appointments/procedures (which as you are all aware, timing is everything for getting pregnant). Prescriptions were called in late. Was left waiting for appointment (took off of work for) while I overheard her chatting with a nurse about recipes for more than 30 minutes. Felt like they just shuffled you through the program. Billing was terrible and inaccurate. Couldn't get a hold of anyone to discuss.
Make sure you follow up continuously and get what you need. Dr. Flyckt is compassionate when you speak to her, but it can be hard to get her attention. Again, I believe she is a good person, just a product of the Cleveland Clinic machine.

2013 - 2018
IVF, Donor Eggs
The downside is the billing - it is always wrong and you are not given time to work out the details with your insurance company. Also scheduling can sometimes be tricky, but 9 times out of 10, you are able to get the appointment you need. Request first in the morning whenever possible to avoid delays. ... All of the staff [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] was fantastic. I was very anxious and they were so kind to me - they handled all of my questions and freak-out's quite well!
2013 - 2018
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
World class facility -everything is state of the art. The downside is the billing - it is always wrong and you are not given time to work out the details with your insurance company. Also scheduling can sometimes be tricky, but 9 times out of 10, you are able to get the appointment you need. Request first in the morning whenever possible to avoid delays.
Dr. Flyckt took the time to call me with follow-ups and to check-in. If there was bad news with a test result, she would personally call. She is always available via e-mail and never makes you feel like you are taking up too much of her time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sally and Mary)
All of the staff was fantastic. I was very anxious and they were so kind to me - they handled all of my questions and freak-out's quite well! I am grateful to have had them assist in my journey.
Dr. Flyckt is truly one of the best doctors at the Cleveland Clinic. She is kind, compassionate and cares about all of her patients. She is empathetic, willing to explore different treatment options...she is the real deal.
Know that you are in amazing hands; she will be 100% honest with you and not steer you wrong.
Because I have Premature Ovarian Failure, I really did not have options outside of donor eggs, which I used. My protocol was estrogen and progesterone to prepare my body for IVF. I transferred one embryo in September, 2017 and gave birth in April of 2018.
In total, we paid $30,000. A good portion of that was for our egg donor. I believe $11,000 was for the IVF and all associated care / tests / embryology. The storage fee for the embryos is included for the first year, then $350 per year after.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Sally [nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is a much more experienced nurse and while I appreciate her compassion, the customer service is a bit to be desired. I work in a place where it is difficult to take private phone calls. She never checks my medical records prior to calling and then asks questions that are very difficult to answer in a public environment. I eventually got so frustrated with this that I had to give my patient husband the responsibility of corresponding with her.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Very thorough lab and I really enjoyed the retrieval and transfer process immensely. It was difficult to predict communication such as calls, lab results, etc. Some of the doctors were better about introducing themselves to us than others. And it seems that they are still a little bit behind as far as using binders and paper but you do have decent access to labs and can communicate through MyChart. I felt like everyone genuinely cared. I only had one that ultrasound tech who wasn't friendly at all. Again, it's a more expensive clinic than most and you'd expect customer service expectations to reflect that cost. The only other comment is that I had asked for Endometrial Scratch Biopsy early in the process but when I confirmed whether we could schedule it, we were too far along in the transfer process. Also, similar to this, we had an erratic thyroid issue and Dr Austin seemed less concerned than other medical professionals involved in my care but could have led to miscarriage had we done the transfer. As a result, it was postponed.
While we only met 2 or 3 times with Dr Austin (the rest of the appointments were usually bloodwork, ultrasounds, appts with nurses), she definitely made us feel like this is possible and she listened. She also was very patient, had zero ego and she gave us confidence in the lab as well as answered questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sally)
Sally is a much more experienced nurse and while I appreciate her compassion, the customer service is a bit to be desired. I work in a place where it is difficult to take private phone calls. She never checks my medical records prior to calling and then asks questions that are very difficult to answer in a public environment. I eventually got so frustrated with this that I had to give my patient husband the responsibility of corresponding with her. She has a heart of gold and I appreciate all that she has done. I'm sure it's not an easy job but when you pay so much money for something, you want excellent service.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr Austin was thorough in our initial meeting and provided some education for my husband who was not as familiar with the various options. She is very responsive through My Chart but I really didn't see her or talk to her more than a few times throughout our journey.
After hearing about some of my other friends experiences at other clinics, their doctor is more hands-on and communicates through phone and text more frequently providing a more personal experience.
We discussed all strategies but we had already tried Clomid and due to my age, we decided that it may be more efficient to go straight to IVF. Dr Austin felt confident that we'd have good results with the microdose Lupron protocol and gave us the pros/cons of PGS. We decided to do that in combination with the retrieval. After only having 5 eggs retrieved (all 5 made it Day 5 blasts), we were disappointed to only have 1 PGS normal embryo. Since we had paid for the PGS to have 8 embryos tested in total and we wanted to have more than 1 embryo, we did a second retrieval right away (similar protocol but slightly more aggressive). We had 6 embryos make it to Day 5/6 blasts and 2 were PGS normal (1 didn't have enough DNA). We've had one successful FET (single embryo) but it's still very early in the process (week 6). We did have some issues with regulating my thyroid which I had to push a little to explore more with a different endocrinologist and I wish I had pushed harder for Endometrial Scratch Biopsy.
We paid around $35k for 2 retrievals/PGS/drugs and one FET.
Dr Austin discouraged us from multiple embryo transfer due to increased risks. We also didn't want to take our chances with so few frozen embryos in storage.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
Cleveland Clinic fertility center has very short wait times and it was easy to schedule appointments. They are open 7 days a week with early hours (6:30 am) which makes it easy to work around your schedule. Their lab does close over the Christmas holiday for 3 weeks.... Chelsea [nurse] is amazing! So compassionate, very responsive, and knowledgeable.... Cleveland Clinic offers employee discount at about 60% off IVF. Deposit was about $5800, meds were around $3000. I am still getting bills from labs/ultrasounds etc that are being run through insurance.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I felt like Dr. Austin is always making decisions based upon my personal situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Chelsea is amazing! So compassionate, very responsive, and knowledgeable.
The first time I met with Dr. Austin, she spent over an hour with me going over previous treatment and what she suggested next. She helped me set a realistic timeline with moving forward. I didn't see much of her after this initial meeting, but we did communicate via her nurse as well as my chart messaging directly. When I had a miscarriage, we messaged back and forth regarding what we should do next and Her nurse called me directly.
She is very direct and realistic. She will tell you her opinion, but ultimately lets you lead the way in your care.
I had used the long lupron protocol at a previous clinic with disappointing results. We did stims for 9.5 days, triggered and had 8 eggs with 3 embryos. 2 transfers ended in miscarriage and one was unsuccessful. With Dr. Austin, we did the antagonistic protocol with much better results. Stims for 12 days: 16 mature eggs, 6 final embryos. Our fresh transfer unfortunately ended in miscarriage but we have 5 more embryos. We are hoping to find the cause of our recurrent miscarriages before transferring any more embryos.
Dr. Austin suggested single embryo transfer based on my age (30 yo). However, she did say the decision was ultimately up to me.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
This clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is LGBTQ friendly and has multiple locations throughout the Cleveland area. The office is easily accessible and there is a lab and pharmacy on site. I do have to drive to a different clinic location when I inseminate, because they only store donor sperm at one location.... All of the nursing staff and the nurse practitioner have been wonderful, compassionate, available and understanding.... Looking into IVF the costs are around $15,000 with medications.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
This clinic is LGBTQ friendly and has multiple locations throughout the Cleveland area. The office is easily accessible and there is a lab and pharmacy on site. I do have to drive to a different clinic location when I inseminate, because they only store donor sperm at one location. Appointment scheduling is flexible, communication is good and staff is always available through the portal and by phone. I cannot think of a single weakness about the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julierut Tantibhedhyangkul at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Tan and her staff always address me and my wife by name. They have always made us feel comfortable. Dr. Tan always spends ample time explaining procedures while in the office and often times personally calls me to go over our next plan. Dr. Tan even called me on a Saturday after a failed cycle to check on me. All of the staff in the office are very friendly. Dr. Tan is very flexible and open to try multiple strategies. Dr. Tan is always as gentle as possible during painful procedures and thoroughly talks me through what is happening before, during, and after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
How was your experience with Julierut Tantibhedhyangkul at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Tan is a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. She is compassionate and truly cares about her patients. She always explains each detail of the plan for that month and answers all questions. De. Tan often calls me personally to discuss cycle details or the plan for that cycle. When things do not go as planned she always explains what the next step will be and we come uo with a new plan, if needed together. Dr. Tan is always cognizant of her words and is always very soothing when things do not go as planned. Dr. Tan is open and willing to offer suggestions and try different methods if one method has not worked. Dr. Tan is always gentle during painful procedures and talks me through it. I have had a fantastic experience with Dr. Tan and although I am not yet pregnant, I have confidence and trust in her as a doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julierut Tantibhedhyangkul at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
I would advise that the patient goes in with an open mind and be as open and honest about their situation as possible. Dr. Tan is very LGBTQ friendly.
Describe the protocols Julierut Tantibhedhyangkul used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have PCOS so I when I started my fertility journey in 2016 I was prescribed Metformin in an attempt to lower my sugar and reduce insulin levels as a measure to assist in ovulation. I also had an HSG to ensure that my tubes were not blocked. My first cycle I took Letrozole and it gave me very severe headaches and I didn't ovulate that cycle. The next cycle I tired 50 mg of Clomid and did ovulate,l on that cycle but we did not inseminate as it was a trial run. The clomid was increased to 100 mg and I did not ovulate that cycle although I got a positive opk. I did inseminzte that cycle, but dis not fall pregnant because i did not ovulate. At that point it was determined that opks did not work for me and my dose of clomid was increased to 150 mg and we did a follicular ultrasound in CD, I took the Clomid CD 3-7 and had an ultrasound on CD 10. Unfortunately, that cycle I ovulated too soon and could not inseminate. I did 2 more cycles on the same dose with very close monitoring and I had confirmed ovulation but did not become pregnant. I took a break for a few months and then in the Summer of 2017 we decided to do a cycle of Clomid along with the Follistim pen. This cycle did not work and I did not grow eggs. We decided to take a break and then in September I began having very heavy, irregular bleeding and had a biopsy, but all results were negative. My wife and I are planning to begin again and discuss IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julierut Tantibhedhyangkul at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I have paid out of pocket for some services, but my insurance pays for some of the services such as my follicular ultrasounds. I have to pay out of pocket for all medications and IUI. IUI is $300. The cost of medication varies per cycle. Looking into IVF the costs are around $15,000 with medications.
Describe Julierut Tantibhedhyangkul's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
We have not discussed this as of yet.
Avon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Julierut Tantibhedhyangkul at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.

2012 - 2018
Communication would be the one thing that stands out to me. At times I felt things weren't always communicated completely. I felt we had to make sure we asked lots of questions along the way about what was happening next and that we had the appropriate amount of drugs, etc. At other times, another part of the clinic seemed uniformed of ultrasounds ordered by a nurse that fell out of the normal procedure. Things like that surprised me given the reputation The Cleveland Clinic has.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Dr. Goldberg was very warm and informative. He answered all our questions and treated us very kindly. However, durning our first transfer, the doctor that performed the procedure (Dr. Austin) was anything but understanding or compassionate. She was very blunt and direct in letting us know that our case (we did a 'Mini - low dose with letrozole) was interfering with her case numbers. Basically, because we chose to do a 'Mini' that would screw up her numbers if it didn't result in a positive pregnancy and negatively reflect on the cases she had to report. It was very upsetting and disheartining to hear her cold bedside manner during a sensitive time for us both.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shoshana Berenholz BSN, RN)
All staff at The Cleveland Clinic seemed great. The only thing I might say about the staff overall is that the communication between everyone at times was a little lacking. I felt that if we weren't on top of things and asked questions at every step, things could be overlooked and not communicated completely.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldberg was very understanding and communicative. We consulted with him twice for two rounds. The first one resulted in a live birth, the other is ongoing. He was very eager to answer any and all questions. Being that my wife is well educated and very good at research, he at times seemed a bit surprised at the detailed/informed questions he was asked but did a great job in answering them all. We were a bit surprised we did not see him face to face any more following the consultations. All in all, I feel Dr. Goldberg is a very comparable doctor.
I would say make sure you are well informed throughout the cycle and ask lots of questions about every step of the procedure.
Approximately $21,000
During our first experience, we wanted to do a eSET, but the doctor performing the procedure (Dr. Austin) was very cold and blunt with her objection and as a result felt almost forced into a multiple ET. This did result in a live birth that we were so happy for, but the manner in which she presented it to us was very uncompassionate and insensitive.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I think that a patient should expect that almost corporate feel because of how large the Cleveland Clinic is. You will not get the same attention you most likely would or responsiveness that you'd see at a smaller facility. Although, I will say the pricing may be comparable or potentially less at the Cleveland Clinic due to smaller facilities bumping up prices. However, for surgery and continued ongoing care outside of something like IVF I would highly recommend them.
Despite being a high profile physician with an extensive list of accolades he's still a very warm doctor as far as compassion but at the same time is forward in what you need to hear. I think almost any patient wants exactly that. The only thing I didnt like is how much a corporate structure the Cleveland Clinic has that when you try to call and follow-up they only send messages to the nurses, which can take days to hear back (it's really unfortunate when you have urgent concerns), and if you write via MyChart that could take even longer but is not always guaranteed that they'll see it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary and Lilly. Mary was great and Lilly was always quite rude, would not follow-up in a timely fashion, was not sympathetic at all, and almost talked down to you as if you were a child during calls when asking valid questions about symptoms or your plan of care. )
Mary was pretty great overall and more likely to respond quickly when I'd call in and leave message with concerns. However, Lilly was almost always rude, wouldn't return messages or calls within a timely fashion (even if it involved urgent bloodwork on HCG levels to see if a miscarriage was happening - I don't believe waiting 3 days is valid then hearing it was because she simply didnt find time although I was marked ad high risk), she would also patronize you when asking valid questions about symptoms or your concerns for your plan of care. I would never recommend her and that was really my only true negative side to working with Dr. Goldberg.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
He performed not only my laparoscopic excision surgery, which was coincidentally the FIRST time I met him (like 10 minutes before going onto the operating table lol), but he performed my ongoing care as a specialist as well and made sure that even if I was in panic mode to make time to get me in for an appointment. I would say the availability for an appointment was more flexible than phone calls or email's and that can be a catch 22.
To just be open, honest, and state what concerns you have or symptoms you're experiencing if pursuing care. I highly recommend if you suspect endometriosis having surgery done by him. It was a night and day difference, I have little to no scarring (you would never know I had a large endometrioma and stage 3 endo removed), and it had helped balance my hormones.
He is very prone to wanting to stick to natural routes or low doses of medication versus IVF. For someone with endometriosis and no Male factor that has tried for quite some time post-op with no success or only chemical pregnancies I would see that skipping IUI and going directly to IVF would make the most sense and he performs that work as well.
The costs were somewhat comparable to what I was quoted for other facilities. However, some smaller facilities within the area quoted even more. Both required paying all expenses upfront despite not knowing the outcome or if any eggs, sperm or embryos would even be viable for certain parts of the process OR if you'd have OHHS (ovarian hyperstimulation) that may cause a delay, surgery, or worse removal of reproductive organs in the most extreme conditions. Although, payment upfront seems to be common rather than paying for each part of the process as you go.
Not in particular. I know he would go thr route of a a single embryo for someone my age, despite having had endometriosis, but that's a huge push that places such as the Cleveland Clinic urge for as well.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Cleveland Clinic is the only hospital I will go to in my area.... At any time, if I had concerns or questions there was no hesitation in helpibg me get the answers. Post surgery 2, my 2 nurses at the Beachwood Clinic ICU were amazing I have no words. Without Dr Flyckt's knowledgeable engaged nursing team, the care wouldn't be what it is.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Cleveland Clinic is the only hospital I will go to in my area. They are top rated in various categories for good reason. I've been treated by many different physicians at the clinic and have received top quality care all around. As mentioned previously, some drs can be a little difficult to get in to see quickly, but they are good at fitting you in. Very clean and professional from the parking lot to the top floors.
I've always been given the time I needed face-to-face interaction in the office and/or hospital. If the scheduler could not get me in, all I had to do was message my Dr and she would fit me in without issues.
She's very busy, so it can be difficult to get an appointment as a new incoming patient. However, I was always given full attention when I was in need of contact with her. She's very thorough and educated on my specific medical conditions and needs, so I never had to question my care. She was a referral because my specific needs required more specialized skills and training, and she's been great bedside and in the office.
She's all ears and ready to assist in sny way she can within her medical expertise. Be patient with her schedule, she's worth the little wait to get in to see her.
I had 2 quite major surgeries within weeks of each other, the second one she did, so she wanted my uterus and all to be healed before trying to conceive. Initially there was no concern that we would have more issues conceiving, so we trued for 6 mos. She wanted a check in with her if nothing happened after that time. We discussed and moved toward IUI and oral meds. She limited us to 3 rounds as she felt doing more could cause me and my body further complications. After 3 rounds, it was made clear IVF would have to be our next step and affording that was going to be a challenge.
I don't remember all details. Each round of IUI (not including meds) is around $500 per round. They do give a military veteran discount and that helps. IVF is around $12,000 per round, but again give military veteran discount (though my husband and I have yet to do IVF due to up front out of pocket costs.)

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
the clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] gets very, very busy at times and they treat a lot of people...Shoshana [nurse] was amazing. She really took alot of time meeting with my husband and I to help us understand the injections, how to do them and where! She even drew spots on my side so he knew exactly where to put them...The clinic procedures could be improved upon. There is a disconnect between the ultrasound department and the IVF staff. I'm not sure why. I believe the entire process of ordering IVF ultrasounds should be streamlined. Always double and triple check your appointment times and arrive early! I found it was best to book the very first appointment in the morning and get there super early.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
From our very first visit Dr. Austin sat down with us and made sure that we understood every step of the way. While the clinic gets very, very busy at times and they treat a lot of people, Dr. Austin always took time to return my calls personally and made sure I felt 100% comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shoshana)
Shoshana was amazing. She really took alot of time meeting with my husband and I to help us understand the injections, how to do them and where! She even drew spots on my side so he knew exactly where to put them. They hardly hurt at all and she was always sure to check the areas every time I came in, she told us we were doing a great job. Also, I can't say enough about their phlebotomist, she was absolutely amazing and I didn't feel a thing when she would draw blood.
We enjoyed all of our interactions with Dr. Austin. She celebrated the successes with us when we retrieved 29 eggs! And she also mourned and consoled us when our first transfer did not work. I do not have my mom or family support and I felt like Dr. Austin treated me like family. Also, I thought is was very special how she explained the process to us on our first visit - I am a very visual person, visual leaner and she drew out on paper each step of the egg fertilization process. I love Dr. Austin so much and would recommend her. I also loved working with Dr. Flyckt, she is the one we worked with for all of our IUIs.
Be honest with how you are feeling and ask her anything! She is very direct and will make sure you have the best care for your specific condition.
Agonist Protocol. It was a success, we retrieved 29 eggs!
In all we paid about $15,000 for our cycle that was not covered by insurance. This included medications and procedures.
I really wish that I would've transferred two embryos instead of the one but followed the recommendation.

2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center's] Location was convenient for me. One stop shop. Neat and clean. Older building, can do with a facelift. But okay. Everyone keeps to themselves, not much interaction amongst patients. Would be good if patients spoke to each other and strengthened/encouraged one another during the journey. We all know why we are here.... My first nurse during my first cycle was fantastic but retired. The second nurse was so so. The third nurse showed compassion. This journey of fertility can be challenging and treating patients care and compassion goes a long way.
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Dr. Austin is a good doctor and does her possible best to explain your medical condition or situation to you. The front desk were as expected and did their job. The nurses I got to work with were pretty good. THere was one that was a little off. I guess, not everyone can be perfect or would treat you with empathy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cant remember)
Provided the necessary information. Seemed to care. My first nurse during my first cycle was fantastic but retired. The second nurse was so so. The third nurse showed compassion. This journey of fertility can be challenging and treating patients care and compassion goes a long way.
Dr. Austin is a pretty good experienced dr. She does her possible best to explain your condition. I think she is a nice lady. From my observation, she appears to treat a certain way and does not appear to try other course of treatment or render other solutions.
She would provide you with information, ask questions if you are not clear.
I started with the clomid flostim protocol and that is what I used for the first two cycles. The third cycle, she used a different medication as flostim was on back ordered. She prescribed a high dose of the medications to try and stimulate my ovaries. If my memory serves me right, she did really try different options or protocols. Not sure why. She didn't recommend I take any vitamins, supplements or do anything else different or in addition that would assist. If you ask about any other alternatives, not much was provided, she didn't object to my ideas either.
Depends on your insurance. If not covered, you pay at out pocket. The clinic is pricer than other fertility clinics.

2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Strengths [of Cleveland Clinic Fertility Ctr] multiple sites, compassionate nurses and doctors, awesome response times to questions, team meeting everyday at the same time (so you knew around what time nursing would be calling to discuss any changes in your plan)... I financed the process through arc fertility and and still paying it off. The IUI process we paid for as we went. The monitoring appointments were covered by my insurance as well as blood work.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Strengths multiple sites, compassionate nurses and doctors, awesome response times to questions, team meeting everyday at the same time (so you knew around what time nursing would be calling to discuss any changes in your plan)
He was very compassionate and made our treatment plan personal to our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle is the nurse who did all my monitoring appointments )
She was always prompt and open with what changes could possibly be made due to the changes throughout my IvF cycle. She was awesome and I could be more thankful for all the phone calls she took to help ease my mind and anxiety
Dr. Goldberg made me feel comfortable throughout our multiple surgeries, treatments and consultations. I had met with the doctor for a consultation to have surgery on my septated uterus. After surgery dr. Goldberg allowed us to try with times intercourse and medication for 6months before starting IUI we did 4 IUI’s and then had another resection and started our IVF process. Any questions I had that nursing staff could not answer Dr. Goldberg would call me personally to give answers to questions I had about labs and changes in treatment.
Be open and hosnest about your concerns. Ask questions, no question is “stupid”.
Started with timed intercourse with blood work checking if I was ovulating for 6months. After surgery. Then added medicated timed intercourse for 6months. Then moved to a IUI with medication 4cycles. One IUI cycle with injectibles. Started IVF. Transferred two fresh embryos, ended in a chemical pregnancy. Then two months later transferred two frozen embryos - and now I have a health little boy. Thanks to the hard work of Dr. Goldberg and his staff
I loved that I could do them before work and I would have the same nurse and ultrasound tech for monitoring unless it fell on a weekend.
My husband and I were able to pick if we wanted one or two embroys transferred.
Cleveland

The nursing staff [at Cleveland Clinic- Beachwood] was very friendly. I lucked out and had the same nurse for 4 of my 5 IUI cycles, and a different nurse for one.... A huge weakness is the phone system. I can't think of a single time I called where I was able to talk to the secretary in less than 10 minutes of being on hold. The longest I had ever waited to get a hold of someone was 18 minutes.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Overall, I feel as if I were treated more as a number than a patient, which is very unfortunate. In the end they did deliver me results, but with a lot of frustration along the way. A huge weakness is the phone system. I can't think of a single time I called where I was able to talk to the secretary in less than 10 minutes of being on hold. The longest I had ever waited to get a hold of someone was 18 minutes.
Every time I had to call with a question or concern, I was treated as if I were an annoyance to not only the staff, but to the doctor as well. For the amount of time and money spent trying to get pregnant, I wanted to make sure I was not only doing this right, but optimizing every chance I had to ensure success.
The nursing staff was very friendly. I lucked out and had the same nurse for 4 of my 5 IUI cycles, and a different nurse for one.
As a single woman trying to have a child on her own, I knew going into this I would end up meeting people that didn't fully agree with my decision. During the initial consultation Dr. Austin asked me, "What on Earth would make you consider this at the tender age of 29 years old?" Tender age of 29... As if 29 was way too young to be considering having children. She did do a good job explaining the process of IUI and what to expect very well and let me know up front that I would not be seeing her often, since the nurses run the show and perform the IUI's. During the entire process (5 IUI's) and after each negative, I voiced my concern that no fertility testing had been done. No HSG to check for blocked tubes, no blood test to check ovarian reserve. I was continually told, I'm "young and healthy" and they aren't necessary. Same thing happened with medicated cycles. We started off with un-medicated cycles. After two negatives, I had to more or less stress I wanted to try a medicated cycle. After getting the doctor to agree, we started letrozole. After timing issues, I once again had to suggest trying the HCG trigger shot and trying monitored cycles with ultrasound. I called and voiced my frustration to the secretary and tried to schedule a meeting with Dr. Austin before my next cycle. The secretary told me she didn't have anything open for the next 2 months, but would pass the message along to the doctor. Luckily, Dr. Austin did call me back very promptly and offered to squeeze me in for a meeting. At the meeting, she did apologize for my frustration, and we discussed each negative cycle. I once again voiced my concern that we don't even know if my tubes are open. She still wasn't on board with doing an HSG, but said if I really wanted it, she would order it. She more or less told my next steps were moving to IVF. We discussed the difference between IUI and IVF, what it involves and the cost and I left with paper work on IVF, and the decision to make weather to use my remaining vials for IUI or save them for IVF. I decided to do one more IUI and save my last vial for IVF. In the end, it did work out since I did get pregnant with my last IUI attempt, but felt there was a lot of unnecessary frustration along the way.
If you have any concerns or questions about procedures/meds/timing, be insistent on making sure the nurses pass the information along to the Doctor. I had some timing issues with IUI and voiced my concerns to the secretary/nurses, and it appears the doctor was never notified.
I did 5 IUI's. The first two were completely un-medicated, due to my younger age and no know health issues. Both unmedicated cycles were negative. The third IUI was medicated with Letrozole 2.5mg. Letrozole was used because my cycles tended to be on the longer side and I wasn't ovulating until day 20-23 of my cycle. This cycle was negative. The fourth was letrozole 2.5mg, HCG trigger shot, and monitored ultrasounds for follicle count. HCG trigger shot and ultrasound were used to better pin point ovulation timing. This cycle was negative. The fifth was Letrozole 2.5mg, HCG trigger shot, monitored ultrasounds, and progesterone 200mg suppositories since my luteal phase was a bit on the short side. The 5th IUI resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Beachwood

Update: it seems as though if you can't do procedures/tests when they [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] want you to based on your of finances, you become less important. ... I wish IVF wasn't so expensive. They have a wonderful staff, but certain procedures are only done during certain hours because of sharing equipment, which can be a pain for people who don't always have the time to take off of work during those set hours.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I wish IVF wasn't so expensive. They have a wonderful staff, but certain procedures are only done during certain hours because of sharing equipment, which can be a pain for people who don't always have the time to take off of work during those set hours. Update: it seems as though if you can't do procedures/tests when they want you to based on your of finances, you become less important.
When we would meet with Dr. Austin, she spend a good hour each time going over every little thing we could ask her, making sure if we didn't understand something to find a better way to explain it, drew us diagrams of the entire process for us to keep for notes. She was truly wonderful. Update: We decided to stop trying IUI's so we could save for IVF. When I told Dr. Austin that we couldn't afford IVF when she wanted us to do it, the level of communication and compassion dropped. Every time I tried to contact her it was a headache, and seemed like they (everyone we dealt with at the clinic) would rather put more effort forth for the patients that could afford IVF right away. I recently tried to contact her about a grant I was hoping to apply for, and she discouraged me from doing so. When I said that I still was going to, and I needed her to fill our 2.5 pages of my medical history (which she did wrong), she said that I didn't have good odds of being chosen. I told her when I needed the papers by and that if she didn't think she'd have time to do them, then I understood. She said I would have them back in time, and I didn't.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Our primary nurse was so wonderful. Would call to give me updates as much as she could and always had something positive to say to help us get through the experience.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Austin was very thorough. We did every test we could so far. The one test we haven't done, she wanted to wait to do until we were ready to start IVF (currently saving for this). I wish she wouldn't have encouraged us to do 4 IUI's and just told us to start saving for IVF sooner. IUI's aren't covered by our insurance, so knowing that money could have gone to the savings is frustrating. I wish we would have met with her in person more often rather that communicating with her via the nurse all the time, however, when we did meet with her she was always so caring. She was very carful with her words when discussing testing, keeping in mind that our first and only child died, which is incredibly important to my husband and I. Update: My husband and I knew we couldn't afford to do IVF when Dr. Austin wanted us to. We decided we would continue taking letrozole and just hope for the best. I recently came across an IVF grant and reached out to her about it. There is a portion your medical provider needs to fill out, and when I told her about it, she discouraged me from applying. I told her I still planned on applying, and that I needed the paperwork by a certain date. I also said that if she couldn't complete them by the necessary date that I understood, just let me know. She told me she would be able to, however, I didn't get them until it was too late, and she didn't fill them out correctly. Since finishing our IUI's, any time I have tried to communicate with her or her office, it's been a headache. It has felt like we became another number.
Don't get frustrated when she isn't the one your seeing all the time, but know that nothing is done without her input.
She saw that the first doctor we went to only prescribed clomid without doing any tests. That was the first thing she wanted done- to find out the cause of my cycle's just stopping and getting out of whack. Once we learned more about me through the tests, she prescribed me a thyroid medication, as well as increased the Clomid. When that no long worked, we switched to a letrozole. We began doing IUI's and trigger shots during the second cycle of letrozole. Every month when a treatment wouldn't work, she would go back to the drawing board and think of another test that could be done (which I liked, I felt that she really was doing everything she could). Update: We recently decided to get a second opinion, and while I thought Dr. Austin was doing everything she could, this new doctor saw my husbands semen analysis and was confused as to why Dr. Austin didn't have him see a male fertility specialist. It has also been more than a year since some of my own tests have been conducted, which they should have been redone a long time ago.
We spent at least $5,000 between all the tests, copays, IUI's and medication. Not to mention the money spend on the high quality pre-natal vitamins, and the organic, fertility diet my husband and I were on. I also did acupuncture at least once a week, but more if it was the day of an IUI.
I had this question for her during one of our meetings. I brought it up because during my first pregnancy, I experienced a placental abruption and was afraid that by transferring more that one embryo, I was putting myself and too great a risk. But because of my daughter being stillborn because of that placental abruption and educating myself on how often pregnancy loss occurs, I thought maybe implanting two would be better. Dr. Austin talked my husband and I though it, and we all agreed that a single embryo would be best for my situation.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Strengths [at Cleveland Clinic]: Efficiency, respectful, kind, compassionate, clean, honest, great communication (email and phone calls answered either that day or next business day). Weaknesses: Some days/ times are quite busy in the lobby. Can take some time to get registered/ signed in (arrive early).... I have worked a lot with 2 nurses, Susan and Mary. They are both kind, compassionate, and quick to respond. They have often called back well after normal business hours in order to answer questions or provide test results. Every staff member at Dr Falcone's office was friendly and treated us with highest regards.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Strengths: Efficiency, respectful, kind, compassionate, clean, honest, great communication (email and phone calls answered either that day or next business day). Weaknesses: Some days/ times are quite busy in the lobby. Can take some time to get registered/ signed in (arrive early).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Everyone was nice and went out of their way to accommodate. They are very caring and empathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Susan and Mary)
How was your experience with Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
I absolutely love Dr Falcone and would highly recommend him. No we didn't get the outcome we wanted so far, but he is not able to control that. He has done everything that he can do for us. He is very honest and can be matter of fact. He does not sugar coat or give false hope. He also does not take away hope. Most improtantly he is very knowledgeable and using cutting edge treatments, attempting to find better ways to treat women with infertility, specifically those with Endometriosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Take something to write with. Be prepared with questions. Know what you are expecting and discuss that with him and know that reality and expectations may not align, but he will be honest and up front with you about that. Don't expect warmth and emotions. While he is very kind, he is also very straight forward and sticks very much to the facts.
Describe the protocols Tomasso Falcone used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Excision surgery, Clomid, IUI, recommended IVF, but we could. Or afford it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Total with surgery was over $50000
Describe Tomasso Falcone's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
We were told if we did IVF that they would transfer multiple embryos. We were definitely on board with that.
Cleveland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I think the biggest strength of the Cleveland Clinic is it's cutting edge technology and labs. They were able to do all tests and labs right in office. They had on-staff people to do everything from the surgery to HSG to the blood word to embryo assessment, etc. This made getting results quick and efficient. I also think have multiple specialists on staff os great. There were several IVF specialists, male infertility specialists, etc. They also have great appointment times. I was able to do 6:30 a.m. appointments for all my scans and bloodwork which allowed me to still get to work on time daily. They also are open every day of the year except Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Weaknesses... The biggest weakness of Cleveland Clinic was their knowledge on how much things would cost. Many patients pay out of pocket, like myself and while they did provide cost break downs they were so far from accurate it was shocking. They quote you for an IUI around $460 but after the meds, scans and bloodwork that insurance doesn't cover it was more like $3,000 each time. The billing department was unable to help you figure out what was covered by your insurance as well. I was able to get the codes but even my insurance company was unsure until after the fact about what each scan would cost. Another weakness is the pharmacy. Barron's is the pharmacy they recommend using. It is a wonderful place with super helpful people, but they are not the cheapest. I wish I would have known that by I had trust CC with they said it was the cheapest. Overall I felt they had no idea what their procedures were really costing patients. At times I wanted additional tests done, like vitamin D or FSH, but CC was unwilling. They were also unwilling to try estrogen priming and other procedures that sometimes work for patients with low AMH. I felt they were very rigid in their views and treatments. The last weakness may be more personal but still... after my 4th failed IVF I decided to move on to donor eggs. I searched the 2 donor egg banks CC recommends but was unable to find any donors I liked. I searched for several weeks before eventually branching out and looking at other donor egg banks. Eventually I found a donor I loved but it brought me under the care of a different lead RE. The RE was located in California where I'd be traveling for my transfer but I still needed all my monitoring done at Cleveland Clinic. The second I was no longer under Dr. Austin's care, they stopped helping me. Dr. Austin even met with me to say she could no longer answer questions for me because she didnt want to step on toes. I completely understood this. What I didnt understand is why I could no longer use their lab for blood work or get the appointment times that I had been using for 3 years. After I switched doctors my blood work had to be done at the main lab where I would wait for an hour at times. Then the blood would have to be sent to an external lab to be processed and results would sometimes take 1 or 2 days to come in. They even sent me to a whole other branch of the Cleveland Clinic to do a procedure they had done on my twice before, but they would no longee due since Dr. Austin wasn't my primary. I was confused by this since they were still receiving my money for these appoinyments. I felt like I was just a number to them at that point. Prior to this I had not felt that way though, but I felt it needed to be mentioned.
The staff at Cleveland Clinic Beachwood learned my name and never forgot it. From the receptionist to the doctor, everyone was very friendly and compassionate. Even at times when I was less than happy, they kept a smile on their face.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
I actually did not get assigned a primary nurse but I really liked working with Nicole and requested her for everything. She was wonderful and friendly and positive and everything you could want in a nurse. The other nurses I worked with were also great. The ultrasound techs were proficient and quick as was the blood lab. Both secretaries at the front office were so helpful and kind.
I did not get to see Dr. Austin very often. I think I only met with her three times. When we did meet she was very straight forward and honest. I did feel a little like she would get confused about my diagnosis or issues. Sometimes I had to remind her that we had borderline low morphology or endo. Although she is hard to get a meeting with, she personally called me after each failed cycle to discuss the next steps. She also was always very good at responding via My Chart, Cleveland Clinic's messaging system. I definitely got to know my nurses better than her, but I felt like she was available if I needed to contact her.
She is very straight forward which can be difficult to take when you are so emotional already. Still she was very understanding about all my worries and concerns and took the time to address them.
I was diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve with an AMH of 0.131 at age 27. I also had an abnormal HSG which lead to a laproscopy where they found that my right ovary had the tube twisted around it and was atrophied. After many cycles we found that my right ovary never produced. They also found endo on my left ovary which they removed. After my surgery, I was given the option to move straight to IVF or start with IUI first. Dr. Austin was honest that I needed to move quickly considering my AMH levels, but gave me the option of IUI or IVF. Because we were paying out of pocket, we decided to try IUI with clomid first. After 3 unsuccessful rounds we moved on to IVF. My first round of IVF was an Antagonist protocol. Dr. Austin referred to it as the most aggressive protocol. I did not respond well to the meds and also had a cyst emerge so that cycle was converted to an IUI. The next 2 cycle I did mini IVF which both were canceled due to a lead follicle emerging. The last cycle I did with Austin was an micro flare lupron cycle. They retrieved 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized but all stopped growing by day 3. Dr. Austin suggested donor eggs at this point (though she had mentioned it to me before) and I decided to pursue this route. I found an egg bank with a donor I liked that was outside of the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Austin stopped being my primary at that point althought I still did testing there.
Quick and easy monitoring appointments at convenient times. The lab techs were proficient and quick.
I mentioned this in the weakness portion but... I paid put of pocket for everything. I felt Cleveland Clinic was unaware of how much their procedures really cost their patients. They always provided estimates but were so far off it was shocking. Their billing department was unable to help me predict costs and even my own insurance company wasnt much help. They quoted IUI as costing $460 plus meds but it really cost $3000 once scans and blood work were factored in. The IVF cycles ran anywhere from 18,000-30,000, but whatever their quotes were it always cost at least a couple thousand more.
I never made it to transfer but Dr. Austin did mention that she prefers to only transfer 1 embryo. If we only had 2 poorer quality embryos she said she would consider transfering 2 at that point but we would need to have a discussion about the risks.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
The nursing staff [at the Cleveland Clinic] was wonderful! They went above and beyond to make everything easier for me. The nurses explained everything to me during ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc...Monitoring appointments were always scheduled in the morning so that all results were in by the lunch meeting that all doctors/nurses would discuss each case and determine course of action. I would always get a call in the afternoon with updates and information.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
All retrievals and transfers are done at the Beachwood location. The doctors/nurses meet as a team and divide your case together each day to ensure that you are receiving the best course for your treatment. They contact you after every ultrasound, bloodwork to tell you the updated treatment plan including when to start/stop meds, etc.
He took time to listen to my list of questions and explain everything to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was wonderful! They went above and beyond to make everything easier for me. The nurses explained everything to me during ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.
He was very nice and listened to all of my questions and concerns. He was willing to try other more conservative methods before IVF. He answered my emails promptly. He allowed me to use eastern medicinal practice along with treatment.
Have a list of questions and concerns when going to appointments, do research to know what is the best course of action for you I cling what you and your partner are ready and willing to try (i.e.: clomid vs IUI vs IVF). Always ask questions and for him to explain everything so you can understand.
Femara after I changed around my diet and vitamins based on my own research. After a miscarriage (first under his care) he suggested IVF with a freeze-all cycle and PGS testing. He felt that the miscarriages weren't by chance and was hopeful that the additional testing would give us answers and the best/healthiest embryos for transfer. He wanted to do a freeze-all cycle due to PCOS and to allow my body a break before transfer.
Medicine, procedures, freezing embryos, monitoring embryo growth, PGS testing, transfer, monitoring, bloodwork
He suggested eSET due to my ease at becoming pregnant with the use of Clomid or Femara. He was hopeful that I would become pregnant and stay pregnant with one vs. multiple embryos. He also explained to me the risks associated with multiple embryos.
Cleveland

I loved Sally [nurse at Cleveland Clinic]. She is very thorough and spent time making sure I completely understood the plan. I knew that if I called her, she would always call me back. I drove up from 2 hours away and every time i was there, she offered me something to drink for the ride home and told me to have a safe trip back. Sally truly cared about me and my treatment.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I think just to start, when I called to make my appointment, I think they offered one within one week; I expected to wait much longer. Cleveland Clinic at Beachwood was easy to find and it was also easy to park. The waiting room was spacious and had a television screen with information about IVF as well as pictures of success stories. The area where procedures were completed was like a mini hospital floor. The nurses there were very kind and I never questioned their knowledge or experience. Everything was kept very clean, which was not what I had experienced before. For me, I was just impressed that they sedated me for the egg retrieval (I had been wide awake at the other clinic I went to and that was terrifying). At the embryo transfer, my husband had to put on scrubs and I needed to be in a gown-- both of us needed to cover our feet and hair as well. The lab technicians were also professional and knowledgeable.
Dr. Austin was always very responsive to my e-mails and phone calls. After my first failed IVF with Dr. Austin (2 embryos transferred, neither were successful), I met with her and she appeared truly disappointed and sympathetic to my concerns and devastation. Dr. Austin answered my questions and concerns clearly and did not give me false hope, but she was always kind and sensitive to my feelings. She truly was amazing.
I loved Sally. She is very thorough and spent time making sure I completely understood the plan. I knew that if I called her, she would always call me back. I drove up from 2 hours away and every time i was there, she offered me something to drink for the ride home and told me to have a safe trip back. Sally truly cared about me and my treatment.
When I met with Dr. Austin, I was very frustrated with my other treatments at a different clinic. I had many questions regarding the failure of that clinic and the possibility for success at Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Austin never promised anything and never said anything against the former clinic. At my first visit, she was kind, but very professional. (I am sure that physicians are extra cautious when they are meeting with someone who was upset with a former clinic-- as they do not know if being frustrated is warranted). However, as my treatments progressed, Dr. Austin became so much warmer and appeared personally invested. She never gave me false hope, but also listened to my concerns, explained treatment options and allowed my husband and I to determine what was best for us based on those options. Even after my first failed IVF, I felt confident that even if the treatments did not work for us, we had done everything possible.
I think that when I first met Dr. Austin, I felt that she was professionally kind, but not warm. However, after my first meeting with her, this changed and she became much warmer. I would not worry if at first Dr. Austin does not appear as warm.
My first treatment involved doing injectibles (I believe Gonal-F and Menopur and Ganirelix--this was used briefly). The goal of this was to increase the number of eggs, but I only had 4 eggs and 3 were retrieved, I believe. My second cycle I think they called the Antagonist-Agonist cycle and it began with Lupron the cycle before my IVF cycle. I then used Gonal-F, Menopur and Ganirelix. I was told this is not used as frequently and is not a plan that 'makes sense' on paper, but they have used this almost as a last effort to increase the number of embryos and had good success with patients who have not had success with other treatments. With this cycle, I had 6 eggs and 4 retrieved-- 3 were mature and fertilized. Following each egg retrieval, I used an estrogen patch and progesterone.
I do not remember the costs

2012
Some of the doctors [at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] are also very open to thinking outside of the box and trying new treatment protocols to individualize each couples treatment. Weaknesses: The costs are not straightforward at all. First we were assured that an ivf cycle would cost $15,000. Come to find out later after we already started treatment that there are many many hidden costs not included in that number including all of the monitoring ultrasounds and bloodwork and all the pre-testing. When we asked what the total is with absolutely no insurance coverage, the billing lady said closer to $21,000.
2012
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Strengths: They are one of the top clinics in Ohio for success rates with single embryo transfers and they are leaders in innovation and technology. Some of the doctors are also very open to thinking outside of the box and trying new treatment protocols to individualize each couples treatment. Weaknesses: The costs are not straightforward at all. First we were assured that an ivf cycle would cost $15,000. Come to find out later after we already started treatment that there are many many hidden costs not included in that number including all of the monitoring ultrasounds and bloodwork and all the pre-testing. When we asked what the total is with absolutely no insurance coverage, the billing lady said closer to $21,000. That is a huge difference and needs to be disclosed up front. I still do not have any paperwork that states what the total costs will be other than hand written notes. It has been the most frustrating part of the whole process. Even though the doctors meet daily they do not always agree on treatment protocols and it seems like they do not always communicate.
All of the nursing staff is kind, compassionate, and helpful. They return your calls promptly and are prepared to answer questions.
We agreed with our first and main doctor on a day 3 eSET. We had no reason to believe anything else as we were going through treatment. Right before heading back for the retrieval, Dr. Austin came to talk to us about the eSET. She basically said that it wouldn't work unless we transfered both (we were only retrieving 2 eggs). She was clearly irritated that our other doctor even said we could do a eSET and outright said that it would screw up her numbers if we transfered one and it failed. We were just a number instead of a couple wanting to have a baby. The two doctors should have discussed the issue and come to an agreement and not put us in the middle and basically pressure us into transfering 2 against our wishes. I have heard that she is a wonderful doctor and that people really like her but unfortunately that was not the case for us. I'm guessing if we were doing a standard ivf cycle and not potentially "messing" with her numbers, it would have been a different experience.
She was very concerned about the success rate numbers for the clinic and hence we felt like just a number instead of a couple trying desperately trying to have a baby.
Letrozole with an HCG trigger. Retrieved 2 eggs and transfered 2 embryos on day 3. Singleton pregnancy and live birth.
We were given a time in the mornings before 9am . Sometimes that was a long wait. Hello HGTV in the waiting room! And other times we were seen right away.
She did not seem concerned at all about the risks of a twin pregnancy and pressured us into transfering both embryos despite all of our reservations and concerns and desires for a singleton.

2017 - 2019
The out-of-pocket pricing plan was very reasonable [at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center]...There is inconsistent detail with regard to a financial plan which can definitely throw off your care plan. I never felt like I was truly collaborating with them on my care as each cycle varied. The nursing staff and supporting administration was outstanding...There was not a day that went by when I interacted with the team that I didn’t have an open line of communication and a response within a few hours. They were thoughtful, fluid and detail-oriented.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
During my more than 24 months in Dr. Tan’s care, she only made herself available three times and never sat down to review our plan along the way. My husband and I were very candid about our desires but we were not heard.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary Howard)
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Tan initially set a very comprehensive plan but when it came to the details or having the opportunity to check in with her we were always pushed to a nurse practitioner in her office even after miscarriage. It always felt like there was a disconnect in communication which meant a missed opportunity to course correct.
There’s a very good chance that no matter what path you take she will recommend IVF in every instance even if you have gotten pregnant with IUI before or you were new to infertility. You have to do all of your own homework to understand all of your options
The out-of-pocket pricing plan was very reasonable
Avon

I would pick your doctor carefully. The Cleveland Clinic has good success rates, but it seems personal experiences vary widely from doctor to doctor. I would recommend asking around to get personal recommendations. ... We were charged about $150 for the office visit. The HSG was around $1800 total. ... We haven’t had enough of an experience with the clinic itself to make a judgement on the clinic as a whole yet.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
He did not take the time to answer our questions. When we asked for basic blood work, he simply said it wasn’t necessary. We spent less than 30 minutes with him total before he prescribed us a fairly involved treatment.
We didn’t have much interaction with the nursing staff. A nurse took my vitals for each appointment, reviewed my current medications, and asked the reason for our visit. That was it.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
The first time we saw Dr. Goldberg, he offered us an HSG and semen analysis. I asked for blood work to check my hormones, which he said wasn’t necessary. When the HSG and SA came back fine but we still weren’t pregnant, he offered us medication plus IUI. I asked for hormone blood work again and also a baseline ultrasound and monitoring during the medicated cycle. He said that wasn’t necessary. He really did not answer any of our questions, take a very detailed history, or spend much time with us at all before deciding on a treatment plan.
I would recommend trying another doctor. If you do see him, be very prepared to assert yourself to get your questions answered.
Solon

2012 - 2018
The nurses were all excellent but at this practice [Cleveland Clinic], know that you’ll be dealing with nurses (not your doctor) 95% of the time....Financially disorganized. Example - I paid for an embryo transfer in full yet the clinic still sent it out to a collections agency! Also, stay with the same nurse and ultrasound tech so they can have a consistent history....Very hard to get into touch with Dr. Flyckt even though she was my doctor.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Very hard to get into touch with Dr. Flyckt even though she was my doctor. I often got pushed off to nurses or other doctors unfamiliar with my case.
The nurses were all excellent but at this practice, know that you’ll be dealing with nurses (not your doctor) 95% of the time.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Flyckt was very kind and knowledgeable, but it seemed like she was too busy and away from the clinic too much. Far too many times I felt like she wasn’t making the decisions in my care while other doctors on the team who didn’t know me personally were acting for her. I wish she could have spent more time communicating and being committed to our treatment and success. I feel she genuinely cared yet was too out of reach when we really needed her.
Be a clear communicator. Get all of your questions answered the few times you see her or get her on the phone because they are few and far between.
Dr. Flyckt used some of the same protocols over and over while seemingly expecting different results. When we pressured her to change it up, we started seeing results.
$1000 IVF $5000 meds for IVF $500 per visit to Dr Flyckt $3000 per embryo transfer
Doctor has strong preference on only transferring one embryo at a time.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I love the Cleveland clinic and received great care from them during and after my major surgery for endometriosis on and in my bowels. They were very quick to answer any questions I had and were helpful. Although they see so many patients they do not treat you like a number they show compassion.... IUIs were around $800 with the monitoring, my surgery after insurance was a few thousand and IVF up front was $11,644 this does not include the medications and monitoring
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I love the Cleveland clinic and received great care from them during and after my major surgery for endometriosis on and in my bowels. They were very quick to answer any questions I had and were helpful. Although they see so many patients they do not treat you like a number they show compassion. I would recommend everyone to this clinic.
She seemed very passionate about what she was doing and caring
Very friendly
Dr. Flyckt was very compassionate and understanding. You could tell she wanted to do what was best for you as a patient and wanted to get you to your goal. She had a calming beside manor which for fertility patients is very important but she also made sure you were aware of all the risks.
Be patient with the process and know the doctor has your best interest in mind.
We tried letrizol with progesterone and added in cabergoline as my prolactin was high. Had a laparoscopy removed minimal endometriosis. Tried 4 iuis decided to do the more invasive laparoscopic surgery with Dr. Flyckt and colorectal surgeon since my pain was becoming more frequent. Had to have a bowel resection due to endometriosis and also fibroids removed. Now on to start IVF
She said more than likely it would be best to transfer one
Beachwood

[Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center is on a] Large hospital campus so it makes it a little hard to find parking and the correct building. I was always called early for my appointments and never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Doctor and nurses came into the room quickly.... [the nurses] Were very aware of how difficult this situation is and how hard it is to hear a diagnosis. Always compassionate. Talked on the phone often and always responded to my emails. Very patient and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Time was taken to answer all of my questions, even follow up questions on the phone after appointments. I never felt like my appointments were being rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Suzy and Mary)
Always gave plenty of detail about treatment options and cause of infertility, being endometriosis. Waited patiently while my husband and I thought through things during appointments to answer our questions. Spoke to me directly after surgery to explain how it went and what was found. He was always prepared and seemed to know exactly what was going on with us at each visit.
Have questions prepared before appointments.
Surgery for a septate uterus to remove septum to lower chances of miscarriage. During surgery, also performed laporoscopy and removed all endometriosis. 3 rounds of IUI with Clomid as I appear to be ovulating normally on my own, he didn't think anything stronger than clomid would be necessary.
One cycle of IUI was $495.00 includes procedure and sperm washing.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The only downside to working with Dr. Flyckt is having to deal with the billing department at the Cleveland Clinic. Their billing department is known to lose checks, misallocate payments, etc. Dealing with their department is a hassle but is worth it because I trust Dr. Flyckt and feel like she cares for me both as a person and as a patient.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Dr. Flyckt showed compassion and interest. She worked around my schedule. She was honest about my chances of pregnancy but talked in a kind way.
I haven't worked with the nurses much but I'm sure once my IVF cycle starts I will more. They have been responsive by email and phone.
I have met with Dr. Flyckt three times and have a lot of respect for her. She is honest, caring and open to her patient’s opinions. She was upfront about the fact that she thinks my chances for another pregnancy are slim. She admitted that she was not sure of which medication protocol would work best so she asked if she could present my case to the rest of her team for opinions. I don’t think many doctors would do that and I appreciate that she cares enough to ask for others’ opinions.
She is well respected and seems to treat every patient as important.
I will start IVF with her clinic next month. If that doesn't work she suggested donor eggs.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is GIANT with many locations. As long as you’re willing to drive (we went to Avon, Beachwood, and main campus), then it’s a great place. If you’re looking to have all services in one location, you may want to look elsewhere...The nursing staff was great. Nothing outstanding comes to mind...I had to reach out to schedule after I was told someone would contact me. I also had to call for results because they forgot.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The Clevelans Clinic is GIANT with many locations. As long as you’re willing to drive (we went to Avon, Beachwood, and main campus), then it’s a great place. If you’re looking to have all services in one location, you may want to look elsewhere.
Dr. Tan was compassionate and made sure she took the time for you to understand the treatment.
The nursing staff was great. Nothing outstanding comes to mind.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Tan, while great when I was going through diagnosis and fibroid removal surgery, left me hanging after surgery. There was no discussion about when to contact again after surgery or if there were even other steps I could take.
Write down your questions and bring someone to help you remember the answers.
She had my husband go for semen analysis and was scheduled for an HSG, but they weren’t able to complete it because of my cervix position so I got sent for a transvaginal ultrasound then later an MRI to confirm the fibroids. From there we tried three rounds of clomid, and were unsuccessful. I then underwent fibroid removal surgery and just last cycle we’re we cleared to start trying again. I’m not sure what, if anything is next.
All I remember is we paid over $1000 out of pocket for the fibroid removal surgery.
Avon

My experience with the clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] has been very good. It is very busy though and sometimes hard to contact. But they do always get back to you with questions and send information to the nurse that is caring for you....The nursing staff was extremely helpful and always called me back to answer my questions....$639 for IUI $100 for ultrasound $180 for trigger shot
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
My experience with the clinic has been very good. It is very busy though and sometimes hard to contact. But they do always get back to you with questions and send information to the nurse that is caring for you.
The doctor didn’t rush me when I consulted with him and took time to answer all my questions.
Overall, it has been good so far. However, there have been times where my questions weren’t answered promptly through mychart. Also, when my IUI failed, I was hoping that they would follow up and explain what to do differently on the 2nd IUI.
I thought the clinic was very good, however be prepared for times when your answers to questions may not be in a super prompt manner.
I was going to do an IUI with clomid, but using the OPK Kit didn’t show my peak day, so I had to wait to my next cycle to do clomid with an ultrasound, then the IUI.
$639 for IUI $100 for ultrasound $180 for trigger shot

8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
On the day of our transfer [at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] we were given critical information about our embryos moments before the actual transfer. We felt that we would have been more comfortable with our decisions if we had been given this information during an earlier phone call in the day. Otherwise, we were very happy with the facility, staff and the clinic’s protocols...10,000 for IVF and $500 per IUI, we will be paying $3,000 for a frozen embryo transfer
8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
In comparison with how a friend has described her retrieval and transfer at a different clinic, this facility is much more kind and consistent. You are treated as a person, not a number. During the processes you are given your own room, group of staff and are encouraged to use the room as long as you would like after procedures.
Dr Flyckt is very kind and always allows us to express our feelings.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr Flyckt is very knowledgeable and clearly describes procedures, diagnosis, etc. She has a wonderful bedside manner and responds well to high emotions. She communicates as well in person and through cleveland clinics mychart system. We have recommended her to friends.
Call to make an appointment as early as you can- she books up and her schedule is very full!
Under Dr Flyckt’s care, we did 4 IUI with ultrasound monitoring and trigger shots. With no positive results we moved onto IVF. I was able to become pregnant on the first cycle with a fresh transfer and froze 2 embryos. I now have a wonderful 15 month old daughter and am moving towards doing a frozen transfer in the next few months.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
[The nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center is] Very attentative. Always takes your phone call or calls you back if she is unavailable...Cleveland Clinic is one of a kind, you feel like you’re getting the best treatment. State of the art equipment (such as ultrasound equipment, labs, etc.). Beacheood is conveniently located and there’s a mall next door if you need to waste time between appointments/tests.
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Dr. Goldberg takes the time to explain everything and makes a specific plan for your needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Dr. Goldberg takes the time to listen to your concerns and makes a plan specific to your goals. He also was able to adjust his schedule to accommodate a procedure I needed done (same day) because he knew I had a long drive home.
Have a realistic plan and time table and convey said time frame to Dr. Goldberg.
First we tried provera cycles with intercouse at home. We then moved on to IUI with provera and trigger shots. The fourth IUI resulted in a positive pregnancy test, with a ectopic pregnancy. I had to have two rounds of methotrexate and I was monitored closely. Dr. Goldberg suggested we move on to IVF because of the risk of ectopic (I had two prior to this one).
I’ve seen three doctors before Dr. Goldberg and the costs are average for fertility treatments.
Dr. Goldberg’s approach is one embryo transfer at a time.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The nursing staff [at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] are all very nice and understanding that this is a hard process. They are compassionate also. While having my testing done the nurse held my hand and asked me over and over if I was ok...The clinic as a whole does a very good job. They normally get you into see a doctor well and will work to fit appointments in with your schedule. They are prompt in calling you back if you have any concerns
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
She genuinely cares about her patients and their feelings. She’s always willing to go above to give her patients what they need to succeed in the infertility process.
The nursing staff are all very nice and understanding that this is a hard process. They are compassionate also. While having my testing done the nurse held my hand and asked me over and over if I was ok.
She’s very detail orientated while explaining what is going on. I had an HSG done with her and she tried everything possible to get the dye to flow through. I love that she’s compassionate to my circumstances and wants to help
The process takes time. Just be patient
She prepared me well for my procedures. I had the HSG done twice. The first time was pretty tough and it was thought that was why the results were what we had. She medicated me more the second time to try and relax me and make me as comfortable as possible
Cleveland

[The nurses at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center were] The best! Between all the calls and holding my hand, they were amazing... I seriously have nothing negative to say about them. They were so gentle and caring. Fertility treatments are so hard and emotional. They were always considerate even when I was an emotional mess! I was pregnant within 5 months of seeing them...He [Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg] knew I was very anxious to get pregnant. He offered us IUI right away.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The Cleveland clinic fertility clinic is amazing. I seriously have nothing negative to say about them. They were so gentle and caring. Fertility treatments are so hard and emotional. They were always considerate even when I was an emotional mess! I was pregnant within 5 months of seeing them.
He treated me like family! Very caring and amazing!!
The best! Between all the calls and holding my hand, they were amazing
He knew I was very impatient. We were asked to try 6 IUI’s. After the 4th, I went back, frustrated and wanting to go straight to IVF. A month later, I was pregnant! And he was so gentle, caring and always gave me hope!!!
Trust him.
He knew I was very anxious to get pregnant. He offered us IUI right away. My very first cycle that was medicated, he did iui. Felt good to go in strong. I feel like he was the best for my type of personality. Everyone is anxious to get pregnant but I feel like he understood the most.
He and my nurse made it as cost efficient as they could for me.
They were very big on wanting me to only transfer one. But I wanted to do 2. They told me the risk and that they don’t recommend it but still let me do it because it’s what I wanted to do. I respect that they respected me. I felt in charge.

2011
18 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Austin] treated us like family. [The nurse at Cleveland Clinic] was always reachable and willing and ready to help in any way she could. Very compassionate and caring.
2011
18 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She was very thorough at our Consult and went over a detailed plan of care and all the possibilities that might come up and how to make the changes needed to make our cycle a successful one. He nurse was always reachable and compassionate. She came and spoke to me before my retrieval and was there to talk to us when it was finished.
She was always reachable and willing and ready to help in any way she could. Very compassionate and caring.
She was wonderful! She was very understanding and compassionate. She even pointed out mistakes that other Fertility MD had made and explained to us why they were not for us and how she could help us to get a successful cycle. She treated us like family. She was always available and if she could not speak with us she made sure that someone else was. She even called to tell us that she was not going to be able to do our Frozen transfer and told us who would and gave us her number to speak with her beforehand!
Enjoy the time you have with her. Ask questions.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Very helpful, accommodating and treated you like an individual. They [Cleveland Clinic] took their time to answer your questions. They did not rush you. They gave you options on locations to be treated at based on where you live. ... Compassionate, good listeners and asked questions. They [Nursing staff] treated you as a patient and gave you the time you deserved.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Very helpful, accommodating and treated you like an individual. They took their time to answer your questions. They did not rush you. They gave you options on locations to be treated at based on where you live.
She took her time. She was patient and explained everything in detail that a regular person would understand. She was on the level as the patient. Very nice, considerate and professional.
Compassionate, good listeners and asked questions. They treated you as a patient and gave you the time you deserved.
I loved her as my second opinion and I will defiantly be back soon. She was easy to understand and passionate. She treated you like a human not a number or based on financial income. She explained different procedures and gave options.
You will receive the one on one attention you need. She will be honest and try to help you. She listens and doesn’t judge you.
My insurance covered the consultation I didn’t have to pay a penny.
Marjan Attaran
Beachwood
[Cleveland Clinic Fertility Ctr] Very patient friendly, I work in a hospital and from the time I walked in I was impressed. The volunteers seemed to enjoy their environment. The receptionist upstairs loved her job so much she was trying to recruit me. Very clean facility and all the people in the public eye were very nice.... I tried to schedule my hsg and was told by one person there was space Andre another there wasn’t. I then thought it was scheduled, when I showed up I wasn’t on the schedule. The squeezed me in though.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Overall good, but scheduling has been confused before due to nursing staff.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Overall I think that she is a good doctor, but when it come to taken vitamins and other supplements I wish she give more insite. I do like that we only move as fast as I want to go, there are sometimes I wish she were a littlest more pushy on when to move forward. The benefit of going through any doc with Cleveland clinic is at anytime you can message them with issues and concerns.
Fertility oral meds until you ovulate, as period changes your dose may change. Then an HSG to see the movement in and out of tubes.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
The clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is in a big, crowded area. Parking is in a garage and it's tight in there. Inside, it's very modern and wait times are small. Everyone is friendly and respectful of your privacy. The hospital is clean and well-staffed... She [the nurse] called a few days later to make sure I was healing good. Also, she described my before and after care very clearly.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The clinic is in a big, crowded area. Parking is in a garage and it's tight in there. Inside, it's very modern and wait times are small. Everyone is friendly and respectful of your privacy. The hospital is clean and well-staffed.
I was able to describe my situation and problems. He remembered them when we talked again.
She called a few days later to make sure I was healing good. Also, she described my before and after care very clearly.
He described everything clearly and let me know what to expect over the next few months. When I described my symptoms, he listened to each one. He gave me a few months and told me realistically what my chances were for each one. He even showed me previous results and % numbers.
Bring questions and ask away!
I had a laparoscopy surgery to check for endometriosis.
Covered by insurance for the most part.
2013 - 2017
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
The clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is organized and the staff are friendly and helpful. I always felt comfortable calling and asking questions and going to appointments. I always trusted their decisions and rationale and found that they were very compassionate and caring about me as a patient.... They were compassionate, caring, and helpful. They were always available for questions!
2013 - 2017
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The clinic is organized and the staff are friendly and helpful. I always felt comfortable calling and asking questions and going to appointments. I always trusted their decisions and rationale and found that they were very compassionate and caring about me as a patient.
Dr. Tan and her partners along with the nurses were always very helpful and kind and made my husband and I feel comfortable. They were available for questions and made the process as easy as it could be
Dr. Tan explained everything clearly and made us feel comfortable and cared for. She was knowledgeable and kind. When I had an ectopic pregnancy she dropped her schedule and immediately scheduled surgery which she performed. She personally called to let us know an IVF cycle resulted in a negative test and was available for questions.
She’s awesome! No advice here!
11-12,000 for a complete cycle

2013 - 2015
IUI [at Cleveland Clinic] is around $300 IVF is around $10,000 Both costs are without medication..She [the nurse] made sure I was taken care of both while in the office and at home, with all questions answered, everything understood, and was very kind...I like that it is a smaller facility for easy accessibility. The receptionists are very friendly. They don't do ultrasounds based on who arrived first however. If more than one person arrives at the same time, it's whomever's file gets picked up first.
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
She emailed me directly back and forth when I had questions. She understood my concerns and was very direct in a way I could understand.
She made sure I was taken care of both while in the office and at home, with all questions answered, everything understood, and was very kind.
Dr. Austin is extremely knowledgeable in her field. She takes the time to explain not only what the steps will be, but what is happening in the body, with diagrams and all. She listens to concerns, emails back and forth, and has a calming demeanor. She is trustworthy and you know she is capable in her field.
Know the time commitment it will take, especially if not local.
IUI is around $300 IVF is around $10,000 Both costs are without medication
Dr. Austin stated that they don't typically do more than 2 embryos transferred per cycle.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The nurses [at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] were awesome. Everyone was helpful, called me back quickly, provided answers to every question, reassured us along the way....We really only met with Dr Austin twice, so much of my review is meant for the Clinic in general. But Dr Austin was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. We felt very comfortable with her and her experience....Great success rates for IVF. A little more expensive than other ones, but worth it.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
While we did not work with Dr Austin all that much, we were assigned to a nurse and she was almost always available to take our calls and questions. Or she would call us back in a short time period. She walked us through every step.
The nurses were awesome. Everyone was helpful, called me back quickly, provided answers to every question, reassured us along the way.
Have all your questions written down and ready to ask... The first consultation is overwhelming.
About $17,000

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Results for my tests were posted through Mychart but I never received a call from the office. I had to call them and didn't speak to someone for three days. All I wanted was someone to explain the results to me...$300 out of pocket for blood work and Dr. Time...Appointments were fairly easy to get.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Appointments were fairly easy to get.
Student came in first - without asking me if I was ok will ring with a student. She came in at the very end and answered a few of my questions in a very vague fashion.
Factual
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
It may be too early to fully ealuate but I can tell you that I have worked with her nurses and students more than her. During all the interactions I did have she was vague and lacked compassion.
Don't be afraid to ask all questions.
She ordered tests that my previous physician had not, like the AMH SCREENING.
$300 out of pocket for blood work and Dr. Time.
Egg Freezing, IVF
She [Dr. Flyckt of Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is very kind and relate-able. She humanized a hard, complicated and emotional process.
Egg Freezing, IVF
She is very kind and relate-able. She humanized a hard, complicated and emotional process.
Beachwood

From the secretaries, to the nurses and doctor, this clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is very compassionate. When I schedule my IUIs I talk directly to Dr Flykts nurse so I know it will be scheduled promptly. The day of my mid cycle ultrasound, I get to go in before work which is perfect for my schedule and by 1pm that same day I receive a phone call from her nurse with our next steps. During the IUIs the MD talks me through each step which relaxes me, making my husband and I feel like a part of the process from start to finish.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
From the secretaries, to the nurses and doctor, this clinic is very compassionate. When I schedule my IUIs I talk directly to Dr Flykts nurse so I know it will be scheduled promptly. The day of my mid cycle ultrasound, I get to go in before work which is perfect for my schedule and by 1pm that same day I receive a phone call from her nurse with our next steps. During the IUIs the MD talks me through each step which relaxes me, making my husband and I feel like a part of the process from start to finish.
Dr Flykt is very considerate to our feelings and compassionate with our process. She is great at listening and working with us to do whatever we are comfortable doing in the course of our treatment. Dr Flykt does not do my IUIs but her consultations are very thorough after trying a treatment 3 times, and the staff who does do my IUIs are wonderful and compassionate as well.
Utilize the patient patrol for any questions or concerns when not in her office. I received responses by the end of the day, either from Dr Flykt or her nurse.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
$11,644 Not including medication [cycle at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center]...2 embryos will be transferred. age 38...Could communicate more effectively about egg retrieval - maybe an appt beforehand to go over questions...Expect most of your visits to be with a nurse... I assumed there would be more time with my doctor, however she did call me and make a point to see me after I messaged her after a complication
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Could communicate more effectively about egg retrieval - maybe an appt beforehand to go over questions 000000000000000000000000000000000009999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999. 9999999oooohjffyhgfdgjjbffgvddg jjgghhhyhhh
Would have like better explanations before procedures and a follow up call
They get stuff done in a timely manner
Only met her twice. Most of the process was with a nurse or another doctor. I assumed there would be more time with my doctor, however she did call me and make a point to see me after I messaged her after a complication.
Expect most of your visits to be with a nurse and don't hesitate to ask questions or requests appointments to see her
Started with baseline bloodwork, ultrasound and STD testing. Started stimulating injections 2 x daily, with ultrasound and blood work scheduled every few days to look at follicle size. Added ganirelix 1 x daily once follicles reached a certain size. Trigger shot was given 10 days from start of stimulating shots and retrieval 2 days later.
$11,644 Not including medication
2 embryos will be transferred. age 38
Cleveland

It operates like any other Cleveland Clinic clinic so it was exactly what I was used to and expected. You signed in using an iPad and you didn’t interact with many people until you saw a nurse, a downside I see...[nurses were] Friendly...I had PCOS and irregular cycles and had been TTC for one year. He [Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg] looked at bloodwork and prescribed Femara. He told me to try for 3 cycles and he said he believed my unpredictable ovulation was the source of our infertility and that using Femara and timed intercourse, we could get pregnant.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The appointment felt very “routine” for him, like he was just following a checklist. It was not very personal
Friendly
My experience was very routine for him. He went through a checklist and the first appointment went very quick. It didn’t feel very personal. However, he did not ignore my concerns and did start a treatment plan for me. He seemed knowledgeabl. I just felt like he was running through the motions.
if this is your first step in fertility treatment, do not expect a super personal interaction. Be prepared for a very professional interaction.
I had PCOS and irregular cycles and had been TTC for one year. He looked at bloodwork and prescribed Femara. He told me to try for 3 cycles and he said he believed my unpredictable ovulation was the source of our infertility and that using Femara and timed intercourse, we could get pregnant.
I had no cost except for my prescription, however, I am lucky to have fantastic health insurance.
Twinsburg

The clinic [Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center] is well run and organized. It can be difficult to make an appointment, but office staff were always friendly and helpful. Dr. Parekh was confident and caring. We would highly recommend Dr. Parekh for men with fertility issues...Dr. Parekh was excellent and empathetic. He clearly discussed my husbands semen analysis and made sure we understood the impact a varicocele had on his fertility and what options were available to us... He made me and my husband feel at ease and promptly replied to questions the arose. The surgery for varicocele was seamless and my husbands recovery was quick. Most importantly, the semen analysis looked better and we were able to conceive naturally 6 months after surgery.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run and organized. It can be difficult to make an appointment, but office staff were always friendly and helpful. Dr. Parekh was confident and caring. We would highly recommend Dr. Parekh for men with fertility issues.
How was your experience with Neel Parekh at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Dr. Parekh and the Cleveland Clinic team was excellent. He made me and my husband feel at ease and promptly replied to questions the arose. The surgery for varicocele was seamless and my husbands recovery was quick. Most importantly, the semen analysis looked better and we were able to conceive naturally 6 months after surgery.
Neel Parekh
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Knowledgeable, caring and cutting edge. The lab staff [Cleveland Fertility Center] are also fantastic. I highly recommend. Ultrasounds are done by technicians and not physicians but I didn’t necessarily find that to be a drawback....Procedure nurses were so comforting and knowledgeable... [Dr. Austin was] Very thorough. Tailored the information provided given my background and desire for more information. Open and thoughtful responses to my questions and open to considerations that had some empirical support
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Knowledgeable, caring and cutting edge. The lab staff are also fantastic. I highly recommend. Ultrasounds are done by technicians and not physicians but I didn’t necessarily find that to be a drawback.
So caring
Procedure nurses were so comforting and knowledgeable
Ask all questions
Agonist antagonist strategy
I do not recall but it was reasonable compared to other clinics
2 embryos transferred