CMD Fertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
10921 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024
310-873-1800
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CMD Fertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 3Neutral: 19.5
1 doctor
IVF, Donor Eggs
The staff [CMD Fertility] is very nice, I've spoken with several people. The receptionist is very helpful and will accommodate scheduling me via email. The nurse that provides me with my test results is very straight forward, it would be nice if she can tell me what the range of the results are (whether it's high, low, etc.) versus just the result....Parking is really expensive in the structure and they do not validate. The office is beautifully decorated, very feminine and absolutely very busy at times. I think the space is shared with a different clinic.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CMD Fertility.
I've been to the office early morning and mid-morning. The only time I waiting only 30 minutes was early morning. The first visit was a 1-hour wait, almost 1.5 on the 2nd visit. It would be great if the appointments were punctual. To note, I was early for all my appointments. Parking is really expensive in the structure and they do not validate. The office is beautifully decorated, very feminine and absolutely very busy at times. I think the space is shared with a different clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
She is so sweet and caring. Right away, she hugs you like a friend. You chat with her in her office like a conversation versus doctor to patient. She responds to my emails, to all my crazy questions, she has even called me on her cell phone as she was driving home. She is very accommodating and thoughtful. I can easily ask her anything without feeling embarrassed for not knowing any better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CMD Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zuzana)
The staff is very nice, I've spoken with several people. The receptionist is very helpful and will accommodate scheduling me via email. The nurse that provides me with my test results is very straight forward, it would be nice if she can tell me what the range of the results are (whether it's high, low, etc.) versus just the result. I end up Googling to see what it means. My assigned co-ordinator is very sweet and responses super quickly. She'll check-in with Dr. DeUgarte and gets back to me or will have Dr. DeUgarte call or email me directly. The only thing is that I wish they were more detailed. I like to have a plan and asked to have a detailed description of my next steps as I was overwhelmed with the information that I was given during my visit and I wasn't able to write down each step as we talked through it. I received a response very quickly and a timeline of sorts, however, it did not detail it as I would have like. A few days passed, and I reached out again to then find out that I didn't get quite the answer that i had hoped for and was a week delayed. Otherwise, the staff is so very sweet and quick to respond.
What specific things went wrong at CMD Fertility?
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
The process is overwhelming, and as simple as she tries to explain the procedures and the things that I have to do it's hard to remember all the details. At times, it's almost too casual. She's recommended additional doctors for me to see as a preparation for the procedures, but she doesn't have business cards for them. I'm very detailed and like to prepare, so having the gritty details makes me feel more comfortable. I'd love to walk away with a to-do list of sorts to help keep me on track and know what we've covered and what to expect down the road. I'm also asked to do blood tests, however, I don't know exactly what we are checking. I feel like I just need to trust that she'll guide me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
Be more prepared with a huge list of questions. She'll answer them all. I walked in expecting that I didn't have to do the research and she would tell me everything single thing that I need. It gets overwhelming while you're talking to her as you're taking in so much information, it's hard to remember to ask everything that you need to and should. Actually ask, what else you need to know. Also ask for a written list of things that you need to do and/or see.
Describe the protocols Catherine DeUgarte used in your cycles at CMD Fertility and their degree of success.
I'm just at the beginning and am on Progesterone for 10 days, then BCP then estrogen pills.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility.
She was really good about costs as the treatments are not covered by my insurance. My earlier visits were listed as missed period visits, so it was covered and all I had to pay was the co-pay. For the frozen embryo transfer, the costs includes reviewing donor's records, visits, co-ordination, injection instructions, ultrasounds, blood tests, the transfer, facility fees at $4825.
Describe Catherine DeUgarte's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CMD Fertility.
Because of my age, she is only recommending a single embryo transfer.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Your exceptional care at CMD Fertility starts the moment you arrive. After my second appointment I have always been greeted by name and with a smile. I never have to sign anything, Maria always checks me in automatically. All of the nurses are kind and compassionate. The financial coordinator is so sweet and also took so much time to help me understand my insurance coverage. ... I wish every women going through infertility struggles could come here or at least find a doctor and staff that are as exceptional as CMD Fertility.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CMD Fertility.
I wish every women going through infertility struggles could come here or at least find a doctor and staff that are as exceptional as CMD Fertility. Their mission is a "Exceptionally personal and caring approach to infertility." They've definitely achieved that with me and who doesn't want a caring approach when it comes to infertility?
Your exceptional care at CMD Fertility starts the moment you arrive. After my second appointment I have always been greeted by name and with a smile. I never have to sign anything, Maria always checks me in automatically. All of the nurses are kind and compassionate. The financial coordinator is so sweet and also took so much time to help me understand my insurance coverage. Dr. Deugarte is incredible beyond words. She has treated my husband and me like family. She's the kind of doctor that gives you a hug when she sees you and asks you how you've been emotionally. She has taken so much time with me to explain every detail of the process and reassure me along the way. When deciding the next steps to take she'll pull up studies and her own results (blocking names of course) to help us make a well rounded decision. She helped me avoid a surgery for a possible septum, by simply ordering an MRI when the first RE we went to wanted to operate to diagnose. She has never pushed the most expensive procedures, in fact she encouraged us to try 3 IUIs before moving to IVF when I wanted to go to IVF immediately. From the first appointment she gave me her cell phone and while she was away on vacation when I was stimming for egg retrieval she checked in a few times to see how I was handling the meds. She and her staff care about me as a person and I'm actually sad that we'll eventually have to find an OBGYN and leave Dr. D and her amazing staff.
In addition to great bedside manners all the nurses are efficient and quick at following up if I have a question. I might talk to one nurse and then another and they are seamless.
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
Dr. DeUgarte has treated me with such kindness and compassion that you would never expect to get from a doctor, but when going through infertility it's what you need most in addition to a plan that is catered to you and your partner. Before seeing Dr. D my husband and I were very stressed and confused about our fertility struggles and next steps to take. We were seeing another RE and he never made things clear for us which made all of our decisions even more confusing. Finding Dr. D was a godsend. At the first appointment she had already reviewed our records, went over some studies for couples in our situation and laid out a plan that my husband and I were both comfortable with. She has always been a calming force whenever we see her and we actually look forward to our visits.
As with any doctor you see for infertility do your research and know the questions you want to ask beforehand. Bring a pen and paper because you will learn a lot during your consult.
We tried 3 medicated IUIs (2 with clomid and 1 with follistim) before moving to IVF. She said studies showed at my age I should try 3 IUIs first. We moved onto IVF and she suggested 1/2 of our eggs be fertilized with ICSI because we were more in the unexplained category and also recommended PGS testing and a medicated FET. A frozen transfer she said would reduce my chances of OHSS (I had 24 follicles) and also give my body time to recover from all of the medications.
We had great insurance coverage so everything involved with the egg retrieval, ICSC, PGS and transfer were $8,000. Most expensive charge was for PGS testing.
She always recommends transferring 1 embryo especially if PGS tested but would transfer 2 if we wanted.
2010 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I found her bedside manner to be wonderful. She was so caring and listened attentively to my medical history. Over two years, she patiently answered all my questions and involved me the choices we made and the fertility process. She is supportive and a determined, gifted doctor; she was so confident that I would get to a successful pregnancy, even toward the end when I no longer believed that. And she was right; my daughter is now three.
2010 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
I wholly trusted Dr. DeUgarte, who was equal parts sensitive and lovely to interact with, and both talented and cutting-edge as a doctor. My case was complicated and difficult, and I could tell she was thinking about my case and working away at it. Once she went to a conference and came back with some new research, which she gave me to read, saying excitedly that this applied to my case and that we'd adjust our course of treatment. That was the medication and protocol that finally resulted in the birth of my daughter.
I think the first time patients visit a fertility doctor, they are often hesitant and wanting to go a very conservative route. In my first visit with her, I was caught off guard and felt that her suggestion of treatment plans were more aggressive than I expected; but she proved very willing to go slow with me and start off with milder procedures like medication alone. Over the course of a year and a half and several IUIs, no success. In the end it was IVF that resulted in my child. In hindsight I see that she was right at that first visit; because of my age and fertility issues, aggressive treatment was the appropriate course for me, and as a skilled doctor she was telling me what she knew from experience. It would have saved me time and money to go with her instincts from the start. But I don't think that's an uncommon experience for fertility patients, to take time to wade in, and she respected and was sensitive to the process I was going through.
1 IUI, IVF
All nursing staff and office staff are great here! They [CMD Fertility] call/email when they say they will and are always reachable.... A well-oiled machine and everything is done in house (labs, ER, transfer, etc). It is so easy to only have to go to one office for everything. Only downside is parking in the building can be rather expensive. Arrive early to look for street parking!... IUI was approximately $2500. IVF is around $16k plus meds.
1 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with CMD Fertility.
Dr. DeUgarte and her staff are not only thorough and professional but incredibly warm. They know your name, email/call when they say they will, answer all your questions and start to feel like your extended family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CMD Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline)
All nursing staff and office staff are great here! They call/email when they say they will and are always reachable.
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
I am still undergoing treatment for IVF with Dr. D after two failed IUIs (one with another Dr. and one with her). She has been extremely communicative throughout the entire process, explaining everything and answering all my questions. She is very warm and compassionate and makes you feel at ease in what can be a stressful and emotional experience. I appreciate her candor and her willingness to keep things moving.
Come prepared with your questions-I often times would get caught up in the moment (ultrasound, blood work, pharmacy) and forget things I wanted to ask. She is always reachable by email and cell if you forget!
For my IUI, I was only on 75 IU of Follistim. I am currently on Follistim and Menopur (adding in Ganirelix later) prior to my ER.
IUI was approximately $2500. IVF is around $16k plus meds.