Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
10921 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024
310-873-1800
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CMD Fertility to a friend?

1 doctor
2015 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The nursing staff at CMD fertility is excellent and very thorough...A frozen Embryo transfer cost is $3350. With discount the cost is $2512.50. The facility fee is $975. Acupuncture pre & post is $350...The clinic is ran well. Each time you go in you know what to expect and what procedures to follow as far as checking in and checking out and everything in between. They make things very smooth and easy for you from going to the lab to going downstairs to pick up medications.
2015 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CMD Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
Dr. DeUrgarte or Dr. D as most of her patients call her, is very personable, warm & empathetic to the journey that so many of us are on. She also has great bedside manner. She presents herself as being empathetic to the situation at hand. She has a jovial personality and seems to genuinely want you to succeed at beginning and or extending your family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CMD Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christine-nurse/Zuzana then Jackie- coordinator)
The nursing staff at CMD fertility is excellent and very thorough.
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
As a patient of Dr. DeUrgarte's, I would say she is warm and personable and most importantly reachable. From the first day that I met her she gave me her cell phone number and that was now 4 years ago and to date if I text her with a question or concern she replies quickly, most times the same day but no more than 24 hours. Dr. D also works with her patients financially allowing payment installments, discount packages for services and discounts with prescriptions filled by the pharmacy located in her building. Her strengths are patient care and carrying out necessary Medical procedures. If I had to come up with a weakness, I guess I would say recommending and diagnosing pre transfer surgeries and procedures. She airs on the side of caution and maybe some surgeries and or procedures suggested aren't a necessity. But maybe they are, I'm not a medical professional. I'm just the one paying the bill(s). Single, with cash & with no insurance assistance I might add. Another weakness may be not allowing the patient, as in my case, decide how many frozen embryos to implant . I am of advanced maternal age, only have a certain amount of embryos from donor eggs left and am paying for each transfer cash which is a hardship. I would have liked to have had a say so with regards to the number of embryos being transferred at a time, I asked for two. My first two transfers she implanted two and now with the attempts to extend my family she will only implant one per cycle. Nevertheless I am forever grateful to God and Dr. Deurgarte for she has compassionately assisted me with conceiving one live birth thus far, of my beautiful first child, and we are currently working on extending my family as we speak. Thus far the attempts have yielded negative pregnancy tests yet she and I are hopeful that the next cycle yields a positive pregnancy test and viable full-term pregnancy resulting in the birth of my second healthy child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
Tell her what your expectations are and what you want to achieve from the beginning. Be candid and open with everything.
Describe the protocols Catherine DeUgarte used in your cycles at CMD Fertility and their degree of success.
To my recollection , To stimulate a period if needed, she prescribes low-dose birth control pills. Following that at a given time the birth control pills are stopped and your period starts. Following the start of your period, if needed and depending on your diagnosis and your particular situation, you begin taking estrogen orally or you begin delestrogen shots 0.2cc every 3 days along with inserting an estrogen pill vaginally daily. 6 days before transfer you begin taking progesterone shots 1cc daily along with the prior regimen. The day of transfer you begin inserting crinone 8cc vaginally daily until test day. You also take one baby aspirin 80 mg daily. Prenatal vitamin and vitamin E daily. Any additional supplements are at the patient's discretion. All of this was done to thicken my uterine walls in hopes that the embryo would be able to stick and stay.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility.
I don't recall the total cost for a fresh Cycle using donor eggs. I just recall it was very expensive. A frozen Embryo transfer cost is $3350. With discount the cost is $2512.50. The facility fee is $975. Acupuncture pre & post is $350. Medication is approximately $800. Embryo storage fee is $650. Lab work is approximately $500 (she gives discounts on some labs also).
Describe Catherine DeUgarte's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CMD Fertility.
My first two cycles one of which resulted in the live birth of my beautiful child she said the maximum embryos that she would transfer at a time is two. She transferred two during the fresh cycle which failed and two during the second attempt using Frozen embryos which yielded a positive pregnancy and healthy birth. Unbeknown to me until preparing for the extension of my family did I find out that because I am of advanced maternal age and my uterus isn't perfect looking and beautifully lined that she made the decision, without me, that she would only be transferring one embryo. That was disheartening to me as well as shocking. No matter what I said or how many times I asked she had a very strong opinion on her reasoning for only transferring one per cycle. She said that if both embryos took it could be dangerous for MyHealth and the health of The Unborn children. She had been successful for me in the past and so I was prayerful that even with the one and not the two I would get pregnant. But to date after multiple tries I have not (yet! but will).
Los Angeles

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility.

IVF, Donor Eggs
The staff [CMD Fertility] is very nice, I've spoken with several people. The receptionist is very helpful and will accommodate scheduling me via email. The nurse that provides me with my test results is very straight forward, it would be nice if she can tell me what the range of the results are (whether it's high, low, etc.) versus just the result....Parking is really expensive in the structure and they do not validate. The office is beautifully decorated, very feminine and absolutely very busy at times. I think the space is shared with a different clinic.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CMD Fertility.
I've been to the office early morning and mid-morning. The only time I waiting only 30 minutes was early morning. The first visit was a 1-hour wait, almost 1.5 on the 2nd visit. It would be great if the appointments were punctual. To note, I was early for all my appointments. Parking is really expensive in the structure and they do not validate. The office is beautifully decorated, very feminine and absolutely very busy at times. I think the space is shared with a different clinic.
She is so sweet and caring. Right away, she hugs you like a friend. You chat with her in her office like a conversation versus doctor to patient. She responds to my emails, to all my crazy questions, she has even called me on her cell phone as she was driving home. She is very accommodating and thoughtful. I can easily ask her anything without feeling embarrassed for not knowing any better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CMD Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zuzana)
The staff is very nice, I've spoken with several people. The receptionist is very helpful and will accommodate scheduling me via email. The nurse that provides me with my test results is very straight forward, it would be nice if she can tell me what the range of the results are (whether it's high, low, etc.) versus just the result. I end up Googling to see what it means. My assigned co-ordinator is very sweet and responses super quickly. She'll check-in with Dr. DeUgarte and gets back to me or will have Dr. DeUgarte call or email me directly. The only thing is that I wish they were more detailed. I like to have a plan and asked to have a detailed description of my next steps as I was overwhelmed with the information that I was given during my visit and I wasn't able to write down each step as we talked through it. I received a response very quickly and a timeline of sorts, however, it did not detail it as I would have like. A few days passed, and I reached out again to then find out that I didn't get quite the answer that i had hoped for and was a week delayed. Otherwise, the staff is so very sweet and quick to respond.
What specific things went wrong at CMD Fertility?
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
The process is overwhelming, and as simple as she tries to explain the procedures and the things that I have to do it's hard to remember all the details. At times, it's almost too casual. She's recommended additional doctors for me to see as a preparation for the procedures, but she doesn't have business cards for them. I'm very detailed and like to prepare, so having the gritty details makes me feel more comfortable. I'd love to walk away with a to-do list of sorts to help keep me on track and know what we've covered and what to expect down the road. I'm also asked to do blood tests, however, I don't know exactly what we are checking. I feel like I just need to trust that she'll guide me.
Be more prepared with a huge list of questions. She'll answer them all. I walked in expecting that I didn't have to do the research and she would tell me everything single thing that I need. It gets overwhelming while you're talking to her as you're taking in so much information, it's hard to remember to ask everything that you need to and should. Actually ask, what else you need to know. Also ask for a written list of things that you need to do and/or see.
I'm just at the beginning and am on Progesterone for 10 days, then BCP then estrogen pills.
She was really good about costs as the treatments are not covered by my insurance. My earlier visits were listed as missed period visits, so it was covered and all I had to pay was the co-pay. For the frozen embryo transfer, the costs includes reviewing donor's records, visits, co-ordination, injection instructions, ultrasounds, blood tests, the transfer, facility fees at $4825.
Because of my age, she is only recommending a single embryo transfer.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Your exceptional care at CMD Fertility starts the moment you arrive. After my second appointment I have always been greeted by name and with a smile. I never have to sign anything, Maria always checks me in automatically. All of the nurses are kind and compassionate. The financial coordinator is so sweet and also took so much time to help me understand my insurance coverage. ... I wish every women going through infertility struggles could come here or at least find a doctor and staff that are as exceptional as CMD Fertility.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CMD Fertility.
I wish every women going through infertility struggles could come here or at least find a doctor and staff that are as exceptional as CMD Fertility. Their mission is a "Exceptionally personal and caring approach to infertility." They've definitely achieved that with me and who doesn't want a caring approach when it comes to infertility?
Your exceptional care at CMD Fertility starts the moment you arrive. After my second appointment I have always been greeted by name and with a smile. I never have to sign anything, Maria always checks me in automatically. All of the nurses are kind and compassionate. The financial coordinator is so sweet and also took so much time to help me understand my insurance coverage. Dr. Deugarte is incredible beyond words. She has treated my husband and me like family. She's the kind of doctor that gives you a hug when she sees you and asks you how you've been emotionally. She has taken so much time with me to explain every detail of the process and reassure me along the way. When deciding the next steps to take she'll pull up studies and her own results (blocking names of course) to help us make a well rounded decision. She helped me avoid a surgery for a possible septum, by simply ordering an MRI when the first RE we went to wanted to operate to diagnose. She has never pushed the most expensive procedures, in fact she encouraged us to try 3 IUIs before moving to IVF when I wanted to go to IVF immediately. From the first appointment she gave me her cell phone and while she was away on vacation when I was stimming for egg retrieval she checked in a few times to see how I was handling the meds. She and her staff care about me as a person and I'm actually sad that we'll eventually have to find an OBGYN and leave Dr. D and her amazing staff.
In addition to great bedside manners all the nurses are efficient and quick at following up if I have a question. I might talk to one nurse and then another and they are seamless.
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
Dr. DeUgarte has treated me with such kindness and compassion that you would never expect to get from a doctor, but when going through infertility it's what you need most in addition to a plan that is catered to you and your partner. Before seeing Dr. D my husband and I were very stressed and confused about our fertility struggles and next steps to take. We were seeing another RE and he never made things clear for us which made all of our decisions even more confusing. Finding Dr. D was a godsend. At the first appointment she had already reviewed our records, went over some studies for couples in our situation and laid out a plan that my husband and I were both comfortable with. She has always been a calming force whenever we see her and we actually look forward to our visits.
As with any doctor you see for infertility do your research and know the questions you want to ask beforehand. Bring a pen and paper because you will learn a lot during your consult.
We tried 3 medicated IUIs (2 with clomid and 1 with follistim) before moving to IVF. She said studies showed at my age I should try 3 IUIs first. We moved onto IVF and she suggested 1/2 of our eggs be fertilized with ICSI because we were more in the unexplained category and also recommended PGS testing and a medicated FET. A frozen transfer she said would reduce my chances of OHSS (I had 24 follicles) and also give my body time to recover from all of the medications.
We had great insurance coverage so everything involved with the egg retrieval, ICSC, PGS and transfer were $8,000. Most expensive charge was for PGS testing.
She always recommends transferring 1 embryo especially if PGS tested but would transfer 2 if we wanted.

2010 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I found her bedside manner to be wonderful. She was so caring and listened attentively to my medical history. Over two years, she patiently answered all my questions and involved me the choices we made and the fertility process. She is supportive and a determined, gifted doctor; she was so confident that I would get to a successful pregnancy, even toward the end when I no longer believed that. And she was right; my daughter is now three.
2010 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
I wholly trusted Dr. DeUgarte, who was equal parts sensitive and lovely to interact with, and both talented and cutting-edge as a doctor. My case was complicated and difficult, and I could tell she was thinking about my case and working away at it. Once she went to a conference and came back with some new research, which she gave me to read, saying excitedly that this applied to my case and that we'd adjust our course of treatment. That was the medication and protocol that finally resulted in the birth of my daughter.
I think the first time patients visit a fertility doctor, they are often hesitant and wanting to go a very conservative route. In my first visit with her, I was caught off guard and felt that her suggestion of treatment plans were more aggressive than I expected; but she proved very willing to go slow with me and start off with milder procedures like medication alone. Over the course of a year and a half and several IUIs, no success. In the end it was IVF that resulted in my child. In hindsight I see that she was right at that first visit; because of my age and fertility issues, aggressive treatment was the appropriate course for me, and as a skilled doctor she was telling me what she knew from experience. It would have saved me time and money to go with her instincts from the start. But I don't think that's an uncommon experience for fertility patients, to take time to wade in, and she respected and was sensitive to the process I was going through.
Los Angeles

They [nurses at CMD Fertility] are so great! Responsive, prompt, and professional. They never keep you waiting...Around $15000 for IVF. Around $1500 for IUI...The wait times are so short. They make the experience pleasant. The waiting room has coffee, tea, and water. The parking garage is a bit expensive, but we usually find metered parking. The traffic getting there can be awful on the 405...staff is excellent.
Describe your experience with CMD Fertility.
Dr. DeUgarte takes time with her patients. She met with us to explain all of our options, and she has led us every step of the way, combining medical and scientific knowledge with compassion. She is so responsive to calls and emails. I felt as if she cared about us. Plus, her staff is excellent.
They are so great! Responsive, prompt, and professional. They never keep you waiting.
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
She knows the latest research and is still willing to learn from her patients. She shares what has worked and what hasn’t. She wasn’t quick to push IVF as the only option, she offered a range of choices and let us decide. She is willing to offer ideas for how to save on costs, too. Most of all, she’s compassionate.
Before your first visit, have an idea of what you’d like to do. Get all of the tests she recommends. I didn’t, and later found out my tube was blocked. I could have saved several rounds of IUIs. Also, you can usually find street parking- the garage is expensive.
We did several IUIs and then did IVF after an HSG test determined I have a hydrosalpinx.
Around $15000 for IVF. Around $1500 for IUI.

1 IUI, IVF
All nursing staff and office staff are great here! They [CMD Fertility] call/email when they say they will and are always reachable.... A well-oiled machine and everything is done in house (labs, ER, transfer, etc). It is so easy to only have to go to one office for everything. Only downside is parking in the building can be rather expensive. Arrive early to look for street parking!... IUI was approximately $2500. IVF is around $16k plus meds.
1 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with CMD Fertility.
Dr. DeUgarte and her staff are not only thorough and professional but incredibly warm. They know your name, email/call when they say they will, answer all your questions and start to feel like your extended family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CMD Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline)
All nursing staff and office staff are great here! They call/email when they say they will and are always reachable.
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
I am still undergoing treatment for IVF with Dr. D after two failed IUIs (one with another Dr. and one with her). She has been extremely communicative throughout the entire process, explaining everything and answering all my questions. She is very warm and compassionate and makes you feel at ease in what can be a stressful and emotional experience. I appreciate her candor and her willingness to keep things moving.
Come prepared with your questions-I often times would get caught up in the moment (ultrasound, blood work, pharmacy) and forget things I wanted to ask. She is always reachable by email and cell if you forget!
For my IUI, I was only on 75 IU of Follistim. I am currently on Follistim and Menopur (adding in Ganirelix later) prior to my ER.
IUI was approximately $2500. IVF is around $16k plus meds.

2011 - 2017
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
[CMD Fertility-LA was] clean, a lot of purple, very friendly, busy, all female staff, lab technician is right next door, a pleasant experience, customized protocols, take advantage of the initial consultation to ask a lot of questions and give a complete history... Expensive! But I was able to do preliminary diagnostic labs for free.... She wanted to include only one and we only had one to transfer.
2011 - 2017
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Very responsive to questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at CMD Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
All very friendly and professional.
How was your experience with Catherine DeUgarte at CMD Fertility?
Very friendly and good at returning calls and emails. Sometimes forgot her recommendation or certain details so good if you remember as well. Helpful to bring a list of questions to ask so you remember to get your questions in.
You are in good hands!
Expensive! But I was able to do preliminary diagnostic labs for free.
She wanted to include only one and we only had one to transfer.