CNY Fertility Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
5451 SOUTHWESTERN BLVD
ROCHESTER, NY 14610‎
195 INTREPID LANE
SYRACUSE, NY 13205
315.469.8700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?
Great Nurses [at CNY Feritility]!!! What I didnt like is that you will be scheduled with a random nurse everytime unless you request a specific nurse. They will try to coordinate if you request to see the same nurse which I think is very important. My first cycle things were easily overlooked when seeing a different nurse every time...I had to call twice to get biopsy results located on a benign polyp (if it was important they would have called). I continued to ask about every medication everytime because I would find they've changed protocols on some immunological medications due to current research but would not have been informed or my medications switched had I not asked.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This is a beautiful clinic. The care they provide is good. Some things I am questioning and asking around is standardized treatment rather than individualized plans. Since I have not been successful with 3 ivf cycles and 5 transfers I am considering other options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable provider, grounded in research, can be abrasive with his wishes and forceful about his plan to acheive the outcome he considers best.
Great Nurses!!! What I didnt like is that you will be scheduled with a random nurse everytime unless you request a specific nurse. They will try to coordinate if you request to see the same nurse which I think is very important. My first cycle things were easily overlooked when seeing a different nurse every time.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Like I said, very knowledgeable and talented surgeon with a typical surgeon complex. I was told before hand he did not have the best bedside manner and was willing to take that on for his expertise. During my phone consultation he was very thorough and explained everything very well which I appreciated. We came up with a plan based off my previous cycles that adjusted stims and treated possible undiagnosed immunological issues without testing. I've been told it's cheaper and easier to just treat rather than test for these things. My negative experience came on the day of transfer when he decided to change the previously discussed plan while I was already in the surgery suite and my husband in the waiting room. He felt that it would be best to only transfer one of the three best looking embryos rather then all three even though my age and statistics and previous failed cycles permitted this number and we had already discussed this. He was very aggressive during an already emotional and vulnerable moment (naked lying on table without my spouse to discuss). I expressed needing an opportunity and a moment to talk to my husband and was told that he cant guarantee he will perform my transfer then as he cant grantee he wont be busy 5 minutes from now. This is why I felt more like a number. And I will mention they brought me back more then an hour late which means they were willing to give another patient the time they deserved possibly but not me. I felt like I was being rushed to just go along with what he decided and theres nothing else to question. However, being a well informed medical professional myself i felt disrespected that he would not want me to take a moment, be informed, and make a decision with him that I was comfortable with. In the end I decided to stick to my plan but honored him for his concern and interest in my best outcome and he appreciated my respect and we moved forward. I did conceive this round which was the very first time ever after 5 transfers! Unfortunately it ended in a 5wk miscarriage. I feel that I might not have even experienced that if I did not transfer all 3 since nobody really knows which will go the distance in the future. Just a reminder no matter how well meant...they are not God, but well intended Dr's and its important to be compassionate with the human being in front of you....even if it means explaining and understanding their goals, or even a fight, or even 5 minutes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is an excellent physician and obviously passionate about his responsibility and the outcomes he is responsible for; a really great thing! He can come off strong at the worst moment so just take a deep breath and know it's likely coming from a good place. Stay focused and dont get defensive or angry and it will likely work out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
The waiting room is a bit small but very beautiful; I actually enjoyed waiting in the relaxing low lit well decorated space. Often times you could get a free message while you waited. The nurses work as swiftly as they can without shortchanging patients. I was very happy with my monitoring appointments. They provide very early hours so you can squeeze in before work if needed but these appointments can fill quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
Ivf $3900 + monitoring fee $925 Transfer $250 + monitoring $500 No medications included
Describe Edward Ditkoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Evidently this physician has a strong preference for eSET, only this was not strongly expressed to me before the day of my tranfer. I specifically asked my nurse during prepatory visits if this Dr. was aware of my desire to transfer my three embryos and if he approved. I was told as long as I am aware of the risks and ok with them he is ok with with transferring 3. But this was disagreed upon tranfer day.
LATHAM
You have to be you’re on advocate when it comes to CNY. There are not enough nurses for the amount of patients and you need to fight sometimes to get your questions answered...Brenley was amazing! She took the time to answer any questions we had and was always willing to talk. She was the only nurse there that didn’t rush when I talked to her...It’s very affordable, but we did have one issue where they misquoted a procedure for my husband and now are making him pay the new price.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The price is definitely a strength of CNY. We wouldn’t be able to afford IVF if it wasn’t for the price. The atmosphere of CNY is great too. It’s so relaxing and the staff work hard to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. One negative thing is there are so many patients and not enough nurses. You truly have to be you’re own advocate and call multiple times to get someone to answer you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He went out of his way to talk to us and make us feel comfortable and welcomed at CNY.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brenley)
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz called my husband personally and set up a new plan for us when our cycle did not work. He changed my meds and had us freeze our embryos on day 3. He answered all of our questions and was very helpful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The first cycle we used Menopur and Follistim. My husband gave a fresh sperm sample and we used ICSI. We only had one embryo survive to day 5. We did a 5 day fresh transfer and it did not work. The second time, Dr. Kiltz put me on Menopur only. They did a sperm extraction on my husband and ICSI. They decided to freeze our embryos on day 3. They froze 4 embryos. One is rated good and 3 are rated fair. We did not transfer them yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz suggested one embryo for our fresh day 5 transfer and 2 embryos for our frozen day 3 transfer.
2012 - 2018
I felt it was hit or miss as far as competence of the nursing staff [at CNY Fertility Center] was concerned. I always requested working with Danielle Villa - she was attentive, knowledgeable and extremely diligent...I felt that the nurses were too autonomous and there wasn’t a doctor around at the Rochester location to review monitoring and ok changes to medication dosage. I strongly suspected that my FSH dosage should have been lowered but the nurse who performed my monitoring that day told me to stay on he higher dosage and come back Monday (it was a Friday).
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think Because the clinic offers such low rates on fertility treatment and IVF, they don’t keep as much nursing and support staff as a traditional fertility clinic. I am local t the clinic so it was very easy for me to stop in for bloodwork and the information was always very quickly uploaded to the patient portal (which is awesome and very convenient). I’ve heard working with the travel team can be difficult as they are understaffed and not very responsive. It’s a beautiful, comfortable clinic that feels more like a spa than a medical facility (and I mean this in a good way). I’ve always enjoyed going there and chatting with the friendly staff. I like hat they incorporate Eastern medical practices and massage into their practice.
Dr Kiltz always makes time for his patients, even handing out his private cell phone number. While he can sometimes go off on tangents during conversations, he always makes his best efforts to be positive and kind
I felt it was hit or miss as far as competence of the nursing staff was concerned. I always requested working with Danielle Villa - she was attentive, knowledgeable and extremely diligent.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I love Dr Kiltz. He is truly passionate and caring. It can sometimes be difficult to get him to answer questions bluntly and concisely, as he sometimes strays off the topic to talk about religion and positivity. Sometimes I just want more fact based answers.
Because the clinic can be a bit understaffed, you have to be somewhat on top of your care.
It was an IUI cycle that was converted to IVF because I had too many mature follicles (I felt this was the fault of the attending nurse because I specifically asked if we should lower the FSH dosage and she said no, so I wasn’t surprised when I had 4 or 5 mature follicles).
We had a $3000 medical deductible that we quickly went through on ordering fertility medications the first month. After that we spent a few hundred more on monitoring and medications with our 20% deductible. The cost of IVF was $3500
ROCHESTER
The nursing staff [at CNY Fertility Center] was pleasant, very knowledgable, and always willing to help find answers to questions. I received follow up via call back or message in patient portal in a timely manner...$3,900 for ivf, $1,400 for medication, $875 for monitoring...Strengths - The clinic is very compassionate to infertile patients - no one is turned away; always have personal access to Dr. Kiltz via his personal cell phone; they offer treatment financing; has a healing arts center where you can get massages or acupuncture before or after transfers. Weaknesses - I think the clinic takes on too many patients and some can get lost in the crowd; need more location options for traveling patients
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I’ve always felt like a human with CNY. Whenever I have questions, the travel nurses quickly respond with an answer. Dr. Kiltz always gives out his personal cell number for you to call or text if you have questions.
The nursing staff was pleasant, very knowledgable, and always willing to help find answers to questions. I received follow up via call back or message in patient portal in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I love Dr. Kiltz! His attitude is so positive and reassuring. He answers all of my questions and explains everything in detail. I can call or text him personally on his cell if I have additional concerns and he responds. I had a concern show up on my baseline ultrasound. I immediately contacted Dr. K and he put my mind at ease. We were able to adjust my treatment accordingly.
My advice to prospective patients is to call Dr. kiltz personally if you don’t understand your treatment plan or have questions. He might be scheduled for 1001 things, but he will call you back!
I have PCOS and Dr. Kiltz put me on an immune protocol for inflammation. The plan basically consisted of the Keto diet and taking LDN (low dose naltrexone) for inflammation. My cycle ended up being cancelled due to a fibroid being found on baseline ultrasound, but I felt awesome on Keto and the LDN helped me sleep better at night.
$3,900 for ivf, $1,400 for medication, $875 for monitoring
SYRACUSE
IVF$3900 not including medication or monitoring [at CNY Fertility Center]...I have no complaints at all about this clinic I was seen in a timely manner never had a long wait and was contacted by staff to give me my results whenever I had bloodwork done if any meds needed adjust or to tell me my hcg levels. This clinic has an awesome team...I have request Jackie [nurse] for all my transfers my hcg washes, my intralipids and she was also present for my retrieval. There aren’t enough words to express how great and compassionate she is and how she was there for me during my loss.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
From the moment I met him he was very caring and understanding to what I was going through and explained to me what the protocol would be and how we should proceed. We were successful on my first FET it ended in miscarriage due to trisomy 22. He was very sympathetic to my loss when he gave me the options on how to proceed with the passing of my son at 9 weeks and which was the safest for me at that stage of my pregnancy. He encouraged me to try again when I felt I was ready to transfer again. He has answered all my questions no matter how crazy they may have been and eased any fears I had when I started this IVF journey. He has a wonderful sense of humor and I was treated as a human being and not a number. I would recommend him to anyone that asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
I have request Jackie for all my transfers my hcg washes, my intralipids and she was also present for my retrieval. There aren’t enough words to express how great and compassionate she is and how she was there for me during my loss.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He is compassionate, understanding, humorous and wonderful Dr. who is doing everything within his power to make me and my fiancé’s dream to come true of becoming parents. He has excellent communication skills and top notch bedside manner. Through my disappointments he never made me feel or think that any of it was my fault I couldn’t ask for a better Doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He is awesome and takes your input into consideration and will implement them if possible you will never walk away thinking I’m confused he will answer any questions you may have no matter how crazy you may think it is.
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Menopur 75iu, Follistim AQ 150iu, Cetrotide 0.25mg,estrace 2mg twice per day, progesterone in oil 1ml per day, Endometrin 100mg twice per day. I became pregnant on my first FET but ended in miscarriage due to trisomy 22 at 9 weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
IVF$3900 not including medication or monitoring. FET$250 x 3, HCG wash $50 X3 Once Weekly intralipids till pregnancy test $100 x 7 or more
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
His approach was to transfer one embryo however, I elected to transfer 2 at each transfer and he did inform me of the risks.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Be prepared to never meet him [Dr. Robert Kiltz] and for long waits in the lobby [at CNY Fertility Center]...I think everyone on the staff is very nice and professional. I just feel like there are too many patients for them to be able to give any level of personal care. Often times I just feel like I am I am uterus factory. again--I don't think this is the fault of the nursing staff-- I just think they either need more staff of fewer patients.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and professional. They have early morning hours which is super helpful with my work schedule. My biggest complaint is that they are often running severely behind schedule. This means that the nurses are just hurrying people through to try to get back on schedule. I have been on the verge of tears on the office and have felt like they didn't even care--they just needed to get to the next person.
Usually I feel like a number because the waiting room is always packed with people and I never see Dr. Kiltz. I had a phone call with him once, but I still didn't feel like it was very personalized. I appreciated the call to help figure out next steps, but I felt very overwhelmed and confused after the phone call.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is hard for me to answer this because I have never met him in person. The nurses I have met were nice enough, but I feel like they are overwhelmed with patients. I felt like I had to be an advocate for my care vs. my doctor really watching out for me and making decisions in my best interest.
Be prepared to never meet him and for long waits in the lobby.
I started an IVF cycle with Menopur and Gonal. I was also on naltrexone and Prednisone. I was monitored and at a certain point they put me on cetrotide to prevent ovulation. However at about day 9 or 10 I went in for an ultrasound and they thought that I may have ovulated through the medication. When they got my blood work back my progesterone level was too high to continue with the cycle. They also said my follicles just did not develop properly. So this cycle I am doing a priming cycle with HGH shots every day. Hopefully this will help me respond better to the medication. I did 4 rounds of IUI on letrozole and Gonal and never got more than one or maybe 2 mature follicles. All 4 IUI'S failed.
40.00 Co pay for every visit. IUI meds and procedures covered by my insurance, but I still had some big co-pays for some of the injections. For IVF nothing is covered by my insurance except the monitoring. The cost for the IVF is 3900. The other medication I had to buy (that I didn't have left over from my IUI cycles) was probably about 500.00.
We didn't get this fat yet.
SYRACUSE
They [CNY Fertility Center] will really try to accommodate you! The nurses are miracle workers. They are so thoughtful, friendly, compassionate, and really take the time with you. They explain everything to you and show you what is going on during each appointment (ultrasound, bloodwork, IUI) I have never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen...they are SO punctual. The only weakness I would say is that they don't have appointments early enough
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a lot of flexibility with appointments all day long. They will really try to accommodate you! The nurses are miracle workers. They are so thoughtful, friendly, compassionate, and really take the time with you. They explain everything to you and show you what is going on during each appointment (ultrasound, bloodwork, IUI) I have never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen...they are SO punctual. The only weakness I would say is that they don't have appointments early enough....but I am probably in a unique situation. I have to be at work at 7:30....so even 7:00 appointments are too late for me. I wish they did 6:30 for baseline and monitoring. Other than that......they are just incredible.
I cannot explain the gratitude I have towards Dr. Kiltz and CNY as a whole. I am not pregnant yet, but the time and attention they give me is unlike any doctor I have had before. I found Dr. Kiltz while I was under treatment with a completely different clinic and different doctor. I had an IUI done at a different clinic and had EXTREME pain afterwards. I was bedridden, in tears, and on the verge of going to the ER. I called my current clinic at the time and they said not to worry, my pain was totally normal and likely ovulation pain....even though I explained I could not walk or really move and was crying on the phone. I got off the phone and called back the next day, still in pain...not as bad, but still pretty bad. I asked to speak with my active doctor about it and the nurse said that I'd have to make an appointment. I was really scared and frustrated, so I looked online for other fertility clinics and found CNY....I called CNY and was connected to a nurse. I explained my situation to her and she said extreme pain like what I was having after an IUI is not normal....she said she'd call me back. Dr. Kiltz called me back from his personal cell phone. He scheduled me to come in the next day with him, and he personally checked me out. He determined that I had 2 very large cysts....and took me off any course of treatment going forward until they healed. My previous RE told me I had less than 5% chance of getting pregnant and said I had early signs of a diminished ovarian reserve. At my previous clinic I was told my eggs were similar to cereal on the bottom of a cereal box. Dr. Kiltz did the same diagnostic tests and said he thinks I could get pregnant naturally. I went to a second consultation with him after following his natural remedies to get rid of my cysts. My LARGE cysts healed in 3 weeks. He referred me to a yoga studio, suggested vitamins, acupuncture, and a strict diet. He walked me through what my journey will look like. He spent over an hour with my husband and I gave us so much hope and reassurance. I was distraught for 2 months at my other RE office.....but Dr. Kiltz has helped me feel calm and has taught me how to stay in control of such a hard situation. I have a great plan going forward of different treatments to try (staying as conservative as possible and slowly moving up the ladder of fertility treatments.) Dr. Kiltz did not even have me as a patient, but he was concerned about my level of pain and took me in. I will be forever grateful. As you can see.....he makes you feel like a human.
Where to start?? The nursing staff is INCREDIBLE. They are SO thorough. They also make you feel like you are their only patient. They explain everything, are so pleasant about it, and answer any questions they need. They respond to phone calls, voicemails, E-mails....anything...you name it! They also really try to work around your schedule to make your appointments. This nursing staff at CNY is a complete 360 from the nursing staff at my prior clinic I was at before CNY, so I have something to compare it with. I leave CNY without lingering questions, which lessens my anxiety.....this is really important to me.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a warm and compassionate doctor. As a patient of his, I can tell you that he reached out to me personally a few times from his cell phone to check on me when I had pain and issues. If he wasn't available he had his nurse follow through. He also did his best to set me up with appointments that worked with my hectic work schedule. Dr. Kiltz spent over an hour with my husband and I talking about a holistic approach to getting pregnant. He gave me all of my options from the most conservative to the most aggressive, along with natural approaches....but he left it up to me to decide my path. He gave my husband and I a lot of hope and encouragement and truly made us feel special and cared for. I 100% believe he wants to help all of his patients have a family. I am so grateful to Dr. Kiltz for being thorough up until the every last detail and being open to us asking questions when we were confused. He was also very blunt about the best course of treatment. Dr. Kiltz makes you feel like you are his only patient, even though I know he has thousands.....
Dr. Kiltz is a firm believer in the holistic approach to conceiving a child....he doesn't just push medication. It is important to be aware of this if you aren't use to doctors like this or have a different opinion.
Dr. Kiltz prescribed letrozole, baby aspirin, and progesterone for each of my IUI cycles. Letrozole is to increase my chances of getting pregnant, baby aspirin to help my uterus lining, and progesterone because I have low progesterone.
IUI is covered. IVF is not.
2011 - 2018
The entire staff at CNY Fertikity, Syracuse are kind, compassionate and caring. You’re always greeted with a warm welcome and an offering of water or tea. They truely care about your wellbeing and comfort each and every visit. The staff are accommodating to all your needs and make you feel like an individual, not a number...Kelly Testa [nurse] takes phenomenal care of me each time I am at the clinic. She shows compassion and takes her time explaining everything to you.
2011 - 2018
South Asian, Other
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr Kiltz and his team have always treated us with kindness, caring and understanding. They are a pleasure to work with
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Testa)
Kelly Testa takes phenomenal care of me each time I am at the clinic. She shows compassion and takes her time explaining everything to you.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz treats everyone as individuals and does not treat you as a number. He is kind, compassionate and truly cares about helping to create families. Every time you see him he is a ray of sunshine and always explains everything in detail. He is the most thorough doctor I have ever seen.
Come prepared with a list of questions you have for your treatment plan. Ask a lot of questions because Dr. Kiltz and his team will take the time to answer every single one of them.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility over 7 years ago. Through the years we have undergone 8 IUI and just had two failed Egg Retrieval’s. But Dr. Kiltz has never given up on us and our unexplained status. He changes your meds to meet your needs and makes you feel not so alone in this process.
We pay 100% out of pocket for IVF and insurance covered most of our IUI procedures. The billing dept works well with you when it comes to financing.
Dr. Kiltz does not treat everyone the same. He goes on a case by case basis. If he believes you should only transfer one embryo, then he suggests only doing that. Everyone is an individual to him and his team.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I did try the fertility yoga [at CNY Fertility Center] only once- didn’t go back because no yoga actually happened it was just a bunch of women crying and venting about their personal situations. For me, I was looking for an uplifting and positive experience... love the interior design and overall feel. Color schemes are amazing and warm feeling - not like a traditional doctor office that is white and stark seeming. Little coffee and tea shop is nice and adds to the feel. I absolutely love the tea they have available in the waiting room!
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: love the interior design and overall feel. Color schemes are amazing and warm feeling - not like a traditional doctor office that is white and stark seeming. Little coffee and tea shop is nice and adds to the feel. I absolutely love the tea they have available in the waiting room! Weakness: not crazy about the incense or oil smell that is supposed to be relaxing. I did try the fertility yoga only once- didn’t go back because no yoga actually happened it was just a bunch of women crying and venting about their personal situations. For me, I was looking for an uplifting and positive experience.
I dealt mostly with all nurses for my appointments. They were so sweet and thoughtful- felt completely comfortable going there despite the reasons. Interactions with Dr. Kiltz over the phone and in person as he did my embryo transfer was great. He was kind, to the point, and knowledgeable.
I love them!!! I usually had the same two or sometimes three nurses so we got to know each other well. They pay great attention to detail and make me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very enthusiastic and passionate about what he does. He may be a little hyped up about the Keto diet, but he did convince my husband and I to do it- almost 2 months now! My egg retrieval (2nd - my first was a conversion IVF cycle that did end in a successful pregnancy and birth of my now almost 16 month old son!) is tomorrow in Syracuse and I am so excited - and nervous- really hoping for a successful experience like last time!
He’s a very excited little man.
Because I have PCO he recommended Keto to reduce inflammation. Metformin, Ovavite, and Ovasil are all in efforts to help with egg quality. I assume all are helpful- tough to fully understand what is what.
IUI was covered by insurance. Converting to IVF was around $3000. Upcoming egg retrieval and transfer, along with meds, is total $7500.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
The nurses [at CNY Fertility Center] are amazing and compassionate and friendly. They answer your questions timely and do alot. Although sometimes they do miss things in the lab work of messages in the portal get missed so you do have to watch your labs yourself...When you walk in you're greeted by the waiting room which is like walking into a friend's house. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I really can't think of anything bad to say about it. The only thing I could say that might be a negative is that you have to be your own advocate. But that's true with any Drs office
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I've felt like a human rather than a number every time I've walked into CNY the nurses and staff are friendly and remember you by name. I've never had that happen in a drs office before and from Dr Kiltz and even Dr Corley you see them and they talk to you for as long as you need and you can genuinely tell that they care about you and getting you a baby and as a person. Even if you just see one of them walking in the hall you can stop and say hi to them and they ask how you are and how everything is going. It's not just Dr. Kiltz and Dr Corley its everyone there that makes you feel welcome.
The nurses are amazing and compassionate and friendly. They answer your questions timely and do alot. Although sometimes they do miss things in the lab work of messages in the portal get missed so you do have to watch your labs yourself
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is an amazing and compassionate person who you can genuinely tell he cares and wants you to succeed in this journey..I mean what dr gives out his personal cellphone number to his patients and says if you have an emergency or a question or a problem just text me. He is a little bit scattered sometimes but that's because he has alot of people who need his time and only so much time in a day but he also makes sure that you're ok and understand everything.
He's a bit all over the place but he's amazing and Compassionate person. Hes also a little blunt but in a good way.
$5800 plus meds that $5800 was because I did my monitoring at CNY and its $850 and I did have extra blood work done as well.
SYRACUSE
Rebecca [nurse at CNY Fertility] was a godsend, she did our original consultation and made sure we understand why our best shot at becoming parents was IVF. We formed a pleasant relationship after a few visits and she made sure she was only a phone call or email away. She responded asap and even left me message with tests I could have done via my PCP. I have told other women going to CNY to request her.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
If you can afford it and live close to the office, I would suggest to do your monitoring with them. If there is anything you don't understand, to ask questions, as all the nurses are always more then willing to help and explain. I would tell them to order your medication sooner rather than later, once the medication is ordered it's out of cnys hands and the shipping process can be quite stressful. There's a few different brands of the stimming meds they use and if one is extremely expensive, as if they can recommend an equivalent
One thing that truly touched my heart as well as my fiance's is Dr. Grossman said right before our transfer " You guys are in great hands, at the end of the day all that matters to me is that I'm able to make your dream of becoming parents come true" That will forever be with me, and brings tears to my eyes just typing this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca Esnae)
Rebecca was a godsend, she did our original consultation and made sure we understand why our best shot at becoming parents was IVF. We formed a pleasant relationship after a few visits and she made sure she was only a phone call or email away. She responded asap and even left me message with tests I could have done via my PCP. I have told other women going to CNY to request her.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
The morning of my day 5 fresh transfer my fiance and I had our hearts set on transferring 2 embros. At this time we didn't know the grading of the embros nor did we know how many made it to Blastocytes. When Dr.Groosman entered the room he asked if I was covered and for permission to enter, he came in and introduced himself and shook my hand and my fiance's. He asked how I was feeling and if I was warm and comfortable. He asked if we had any questions for him, both my fiance and I were kinda at a loss for words even tho we had discussed our thoughts over and over. He asked our thoughts on how many embros we wanted to transfer, we both at the same time said 2. We then asked him how many made it to the blastocyte stage. He asked his nurse to go grab the picture of the 2 that made it to Blastocytes and we're close to hatching. He then said that he looked over my history and had seen that I had been counciled by the nurse we had seen since day one, he then asked our permission to go over the risks of transferring 2- and made sure we understand that having multiples can be risky for both Mom and baby's. He then showed us the picture of the two embros that he felt we're our best chance, but told us it was our choice. He also discussed the other 4 embros and how he felt allow them to grow to day 6 and then freeze. Once we all agreed, and the transfer started, he made sure to tell me what he was doing, before doing it, and if I had any questions to please ask. When he told the nurse it was time to have the embroologist bring the embros in, he said that he thinks we made a great choice and he hopes to make our dream of parents come true. He said that at the end of the day, all that matters to him is that he helps me to become Pregnant. The man has the patience of a saint, I would soal heartly recommend him and have to anyone.
To make sure you listen to his advice, as he truly is the best as what he does. And to ask as many questions, he has all the correct answers
We were only male factor. So I was on a pretty standard protocol. My stimming cycle was: 225 mg GONAL-F 75 mg Menopur 0.25 mg Cetrotide 0.08 mg leuprolide for trigger- 2 times 12 hours apart. He also recommend I do acupuncture before and after transfer and if I had the ability to take the next day or two off of work to relax.
The cost of medication was completely separate. The cost of IVF and freezing of remaining embros for one year was $3900 The cost of monitoring at CNY was $850
He knew we were educated on the risk, even tho he went over it with us again. He felt we were making the right choice
LATHAM
Dr. Kiltz [At CNY Fertility Center] offered us a free cycle and monitoring due to the unfortunate results of the first try. If we try for another cycle it will cost us 4,750 at CNY for monitoring and the retrieval plus 3-4 thousand for meds...They are very busy, be prepared to wait at least 45 minutes for your appointment unless you schedule at 6:45 am. They turn very few people away and are great at talking with you about your questions and concerns. You can request specific nursing staff. If you dont be prepared to see a different nurse each time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are very busy, be prepared to wait at least 45 minutes for your appointment unless you schedule at 6:45 am. They turn very few people away and are great at talking with you about your questions and concerns. You can request specific nursing staff. If you dont be prepared to see a different nurse each time. They have a fantastic patient portal where you can view your lab results, patient instructions, and treatment flowsheets. You can also send non urgent message or call a 24 hour nursing staff number with questions. They work with other doctors and clinics so you only need to travel for the actual retrievals and transfers Weekly Dr. Kiltz airs a chat where he answers questions and concerns to anyone, not just patients.
Sometimes in the clinic it feels like there are too many patients. Dr. Kiltz is fantastic at making you feel special and relieving any stress. The monitoring done up to retrevial is performed by various staff and many of my cycles I never saw the same NP twice. After our failed IVF Dr. Kiltz did everything he could to help us with a second attempt, helping to squash the doubts I was having about continuing treatment with CNY.
Some of the nurses were better than others. I saw more than I can count in my 2 years of treatments at CNY. They are always willing to answer questions and do their best to make you feel comfortable. I wish I would've been assigned the same nurse for my care, it would've make me feel more comfortable.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a very warm and knowledgable doctor. He takes time out of his week to provide an hour long video answering questions to anyone that asks, not just patients. He's very busy but makes you feel like you're his only patient when you have an appointment with him.
Be patient because he's very busy but will make you a priority when he's talking with you or treating you.
My first cycle was his normal protocol for women. Hcg and gonal-f for stim meds plus cetritide once I was closer to ovulation and hcg and lupron for triggers. Unfortunately I ovulated on my own before the retrieval so they retrieved no eggs. My second attempt was a flare lupron where I used lupron and follistim for 10 days and triggered with pregnyl. The second cycle went well and they retrieved 7 eggs, 5 were mature, and 4 fertilized.
I have a high deductible plan so my IUIs ran me about 350 for monitoring once I reached my deductible plus 500+ for meds. My first IVF cycle was 3400 out of my pocket, but that was on a grant program from NYS. I paid an additional 200 for meds that weren't covered by the grant. My second IVF cycle cost me a couple hundred dollars. Dr. Kiltz offered us a free cycle and monitoring due to the unfortunate results of the first try. If we try for another cycle it will cost us 4,750 at CNY for monitoring and the retrieval plus 3-4 thousand for meds.
We spoke with the doctor about our concerns and what we wanted. We decided together to transfer 2 embryos
SYRACUSE
[Costs at CNY Fertility Center] Egg retrieval- $3,900 Fresh transfer- included with retrieval Frozen transfer- $250 if done within a year of retrieval There is also a monitoring fee if done at CNY ($800 I think?) or a fee for doing monitoring at home ($150 I think). There is also in home financing AND a military discount!!!...Dr. Kiltz let us choose whether or transfer one or two. We chose two for our fresh transfer, and it failed. We did a frozen embryo transfer the following month with just one embryo and it also failed. For us with my poorly graded embryos, he was okay with multiples, but said he usually prefers just one for the goal of "one healthy baby."
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths- every person working here is on the same page treatment wise. They are amazing at explaining everything so you fully understand before beginning. The clinic itself is absolutely gorgeous. It is unique looking and has a home-y feel. Every staff member to include the receptionists are extremely kind and welcoming. Weaknesses- Communication when super busy can take a while. Also, since the clinic is so busy, you may have to wait after your appointment time to see the doctor. Once you are back there, though, you are treated amazing!
Even though CNY has thousands of patients, when you are in the room with Dr. K you feel right at home. The entire clinic has such a warm feeling to it, and everybody in the office cares about you and your successes. While my husband and I were there for our consultation Dr. K spent 3 hours with us!! He is such a busy man but made sure to thoroughly review our history and care plan as well as give us a tour and answer any questions we had. It was an experience unlike any other we have had!
I love that there is an in house nursing staff, but there is also a travel team that is there for literally anything you could need! Greta helped me when I was trying to decide how many embryos to transfer and she was amazing about giving advice but ultimately having me make the decision. Every person I spoke to was highly knowledgeable about the process and I felt EXTREMELY comfortable that I was in good hands, no matter who I was talking to.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a very to-the-point man. He tells you exactly what to do to increase your chances and is very straight forward about the whole process. I feel like he actually looked at me and cared about me as a patient, even though there were so many patients in his office.
Dr. Kiltz will push KETO big time! Be prepared- at least look into it to have an idea of what to expect.
At a previous clinic I responded negatively to HGH. That is something that is usually used in previous retrieval patients, but Dr. K had no problem removing it from my protocol. For my egg retreival I was on 75 mg of Gonal-F and 225 ml (or 3 vials) of Menopur. For my fresh transfer I took Cleocin, Endometrin, LDN, Estrace, Asprin, and a Prenatal Vitamin in addition to Progesterone in Oil.
All of my embryos were fragmented, so Dr. Kiltz let us choose whether or transfer one or two. We chose two for our fresh transfer, and it failed. We did a frozen embryo transfer the following month with just one embryo and it also failed. For us with my poorly graded embryos, he was okay with multiples, but said he usually prefers just one for the goal of "one healthy baby."
SYRACUSE
CNY makes me feel at home, they know me by name and they know my story. When I call they always answer with a smile on their face and they never cease to amaze me. They are willing to answer all my questions and go over everything my brain can think of...The nursing staff at CNY Rochester is amazing. I absolutely adore these ladies. They take their time when I am there, they make sure I know all the how's, when's, where's and why's before I leave the office and they have always been available when I've had questions or problems with insurance. They are warm hearted and so kind.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Rochester is an amazing clinic, with so many add-on benefits. I love the fact that they open as early as 630am which makes it so much easier for me to go before going to work and they are always available to work around my schedule for iui and bloodworks. I would love for the Rochester site to be able to do more of the surgical procedures as Syracuse is about 90mins away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I first went to see an RE in June 2017 after trying for 2 years with no positive outcomes. My 1st appointment was with Mr. Arroyo and I felt like he understood what I wanted about this treatment, I wanted to be included and feel like a human and not just some random person. Dr. Arroyo answered all my questions and concerns and was available when I needed. After my miscarriage I went back to see the doctor, 5 months later, and once again he came equipped with all the tools I needed for the new journey ahead. He answered all my questions and concerns, he even brought questions of his own for me which made me feel like he cared about me as a person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Arroyo is a wonderful person, do not be afraid to ask questions as there is no stupid question, just unanswered doubts.
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
When I first started this journey, we started using Femara along with the prenatals, baby aspirin and prednisone, this was done for the 1st 5 iui's which one of them resulted in a pregnancy which later turned into a miscarriage. After the miscarriage, the doctor did not want to do pills anymore as he believe my body would not react the same way so we switched to injectables, Gonal-f and monitoring every other day until at least 1 or 2 follicles were over 18mm then doing another iui. As of today we have included clomid along with injectables to give my body other options since they have not been working up to now.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center.
After meeting my $3000 deductible all prescriptions and IUI are covered 100%. My insurance covers medications at $70 each as they are 3rd tier medications. An IUI out of pocket would be around $600 without insurance including the sperm wash. So far I have spent around $7000 in a year and half of treatment without doing IVF.
ROCHESTER
You cannot beat the cost. It truly is a gift that CNY is offering to women everywhere who cannot afford the "traditional" cost of IVF. There's a LONG wait list to get in, and now that they've been written up in the WSJ, I'm sure it's just getting longer. I admire Dr. Kiltz's passion and commitment to his work...So far, the communication with my nurse has been great. She is very warm and personable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz was running late for our consultation, and he had someone call me and let me know he was running late. During our consultation, he asked me a wide range of questions, not limited to fertility.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is obviously very passionate and that was both a help and a handicap. During our consultation, he talked a lot about "god" and the ketogenic diet. At some points, I felt somewhat emotionally manipulated and confused as to why we would be talking about my belief in god, etc. It's a very vulnerable position to be in, and I did not appreciate the direction of the conversation at all times.
Be prepared for him to ask you about god and your diet.
When we got around to talking nuts and bolts about my IVF cycle, Dr. Kiltz started out by asking if money was a concern. I automatically answered yes (it's the only reason I'd do long distance IVF- obviously CNY is so much cheaper than any clinic around), but then he used my answer to inform my protocol. I thought more about it and wished I had known exactly what he was asking - I emailed another doctor at the clinic to clarify that while cost is a concern, I definitely want to have a protocol that will be effective, even if it requires more expensive medications.
haven't started the round yet, but expecting about $11k
SYRACUSE
Front desk staff, nursing staff, providers and phone secretaries [at CNY Fertility Center] are all sweet and compassionate. You know they are all there to see everyone get pregnant. I think the only weakness we could share was during the sperm collection process. It was kinda just sprung on my partner during our first appointment. It was very awkward, which I'm sure at any point its awkward.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Front desk staff, nursing staff, providers and phone secretaries are all sweet and compassionate. You know they are all there to see everyone get pregnant. I think the only weakness we could share was during the sperm collection process. It was kinda just sprung on my partner during our first appointment. It was very awkward, which I'm sure at any point its awkward.
Dr. Kiltz is the nicest doctor. He understands the struggles that people have with infertility and their want for having a family. He truly wants to help everyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace )
Grace was amazing, she was so comforting after finding out my cancer had come back and that it could ruin my chances of conceiving.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My first appointment wasnt even scheduled with Dr. Kiltz but after seeing the nurse practitioner in the office, he came in and took over care. Being a previous cancer patient I think he just wanted me to have the best care possible and hes the best RE around. He spoke to me like a human with feelings as well a someone who is yearning for a family. I never felt like a patient I felt like a friend. When he found the cancer again he called me on his personal cell phone and made sure i knew i could call him any time if needed. Hes just a kind, great man.
Except him to always be happy!
I didn't get to treatment, but he walked me through all the diagnostic testing, every possible treatment option and when I am cleared to go back to see him he will walk me through everything.
My insurance only covered diagnostic testing, anything done beyond that the office works with you on payments.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr. Corley [at CNY Fertility Center] suggested that I only transfer one embryo since it was my first FET. We were educated on the risks of multiple embryos and decided to follow his recommendation...The clinic is absolutely beautiful and does not look like a medical facility. It’s looks like a luxurious spa! They also offer many onsite options for transfer including acupuncture or massage. It’s a very relaxing and warm environment. One “weakness” of the clinic is that they do not hold your hand through the process. You have to educate and advocate for yourself.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Corley was amazing. He took time to answer all of my questions. He even stopped to say a prayer with us after our embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta)
All of the nurses at CNY were amazing and made us feel very comfortable. They were knowledgeable, friendly and always cheering us on!
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Corley was a fantastic doctor. He is very knowledgeable about infertility. He also listened to my questions/concerns and answered them in a way that was understandable. Dr. Corley has a calm, understanding demeanor and truly wants what’s best for his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions to understand the process.
Describe the protocols David Corley used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have a high AMH (7.1) so for ER we used 300 IU of Gonal-F, 0.25 mg cetrotide and 10 IU HCG-lh. I took atom medications for 11 days and then triggered with lupron (x2). These results produced 32 eggs, 26 of which were mature and fertilized. 18 made it to blastocyst and were frozen on day 5/6.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Corley at CNY Fertility Center.
I travelled from Wisconsin to CNY because of the cost. I was quoted $28,900 locally for one round of IVF with FET. At CNY my total including monitoring, medications, travel to CNY x2, IVF/ICSI and FET came to ~$8,000 total. They are the most reasonable clinic around and was well worth the travel!
Describe David Corley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Corley suggested that I only transfer one embryo since it was my first FET. We were educated on the risks of multiple embryos and decided to follow his recommendation.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
I was lucky enough with CNY because they found issues with me that 2 other clinics didn’t find...Thus far I have done one retrieval with Dr K[iltz]. One fresh transfer and two frozen. I did intralipids during my second and third transfers in order to avoid any unknown immune complications with implantation. I also did neupogen, lovenox, progerestone in oil, and prednisone. All to assist with ensuring we maximized my potential of implantation. I intend on doing the full protocol next time around as well.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This goes for any clinic....be your own advocate. Make sure to understand what is happening to your body. Research. And ask about your results. Learn what your results mean. I was lucky enough with CNY because they found issues with me that 2 other clinics didn’t find
Dr K acts like a human himself, as opposed to just a doctor. So you can naturally feel important to him.
They are amazing. I think they are overwhelmed because they have so many new patients
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Love Love Love Love! Kiltz is just an inspiration. Putting fertility aside for a minute; everything he preaches to his patients is so unique and unlike any doctor I have ever encountered. His practice is a combination of eastern and western medicine.
Ask very pointed questions. Ask direct questions. He is very passionate and he can sometimes go on a tangent and then You may forget what you originally asked him
I did the full immune protocol with my last frozen transfer. Thus far I have done one retrieval with Dr K. One fresh transfer and two frozen. I did intralipids during my second and third transfers in order to avoid any unknown immune complications with implantation. I also did neupogen, lovenox, progerestone in oil, and prednisone. All to assist with ensuring we maximized my potential of implantation. I intend on doing the full protocol next time around as well.
$3900 for egg retrieval and that does include a fresh transfer. $850 of you monitor at CNY. That’s if your insurance doesn’t cover it. $250 for each FET thereafter. PGS testing is a separate cost. Medications are also a separate cost but CNY has many relationships with different pharmacies where you can get competitive prices. The nurses really try to help you find the best priced meds and will point you in the right direction.
Considering my circumstances I really prefer two embryos as a time but I also didn’t PGS test the first timtime around so that’s my reasoning for more than one embryo
SYRACUSE
I love that CNY combines both eastern and western medicine. They provide so much support and opportunities for patients outside of the routine medical care. Although the office is constantly busy with patients, I never feel rushed and I always feel important to the staff...They are AMAZING. Every time I meet a new nurse I add them to my list of favorites, but I’ve realized they’re all my favorite!
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Other
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Grossman treated us with compassion and took the time to make sure all of our questions were answered and that we were comfortable.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
As previously mentioned, Dr. Grossman was great. We felt well cared for and were given time and attention to our needs and questions. We felt we could ask anything and received compassionate but realistic responses. The only downside was that after our consultation and procedures, we have not met with him for almost a year. The nurses have handled everything from then on.
Come with all of you questions! There’s nothing you can’t ask.
As part of the routine diagnostic testing, I also underwent an HSG procedure to confirm my remaining tube was open. We tried a few natural cycles next. I had previously used clomid with many terrible Side effects so next we moved to letrozole. I used letrozole with timed intercourse and IUIs for several cycles. We’re now moving into injectable IUI cycles
Most costs have been covered by my insurance. I only pay the copay. However, NO COST is covered in relation to IVF treatment. As I move closer and closer to IVF, the financial burden makes me feel like this may not be an option.
LATHAM
[CNY Fertility Center] have parties to get to know other patients, and the staff...The only downside is the busyness. And that the buffalo office does not yet do IVF so I have to drive to the Syracuse office. The buffalo office also does not currently have the perks the other offices have. Like the massages, Acupuncture and things like that. But I am looking forward to visiting the Syracuse office to see how that staff and that facility is. The office itself is beautiful, and so relaxing and inviting.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has results, and a lot of satisfied moms. The only downside is the busyness. And that the buffalo office does not yet do IVF so I have to drive to the Syracuse office. The buffalo office also does not currently have the perks the other offices have. Like the massages, Acupuncture and things like that. But I am looking forward to visiting the Syracuse office to see how that staff and that facility is. The office itself is beautiful, and so relaxing and inviting. They also have parties to get to know other patients, and the staff.
Dr. Kiltz referred to me by name multiple times. He reviewed my history and was aware of my previous attempts before my appointment. He also personally did my sonogram, he didn't just hand me off to a nurse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
I had questions that came up after my sonogram, and it was just the nurse and myself. She was very knowledgeable and knew the answers. She cared about why I was there, and talked to me like a person, not just like another one she has to poke for blood.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. Kiltz so far has been amazing. He answered all of my questions as I was torn on trying another IUI or going right for IVF. He went over success rates with me for the both and we decided for my IVF would be the best route of action. But he listed to my concerns, and he answered my questions. He was polite, he was honest, he was to the point which I think is what a lot of us look for when dealing with infertility issues. He also did my sonogram personally, which at my last clinic the Dr. never did my sonograms or even my iui!
I would tell a prospective patient that the clinic is busy, and you have to be patient. Dr. Kiltz and his staff are there for one reason only...to make babies.
I have only had my consultation so far as I'm new to IVF.
HAMBURG
Do your research and ask plenty of questions [at CNY Fertility Center]. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle...The nursing staff at CNY was very knowledgable and helpful. I was always able to call the after hours line with ANY questions pertaining to my treatment.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Friday is the busiest day at which time the clinic is always over booked. To make up for the over booked schedule patients are rushed. Prepare to be there for over an hour even if you are just there for blood draw. The clinic is very clean and organized.
Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols. When being seen at CNY Syracuse it is rare to see the same nurse. And even more rare to see Dr.Kiltz. You are passed from one nurse to the next and given a standard protocol that is basically a "one size fits all protocol". Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I wish I had more to offer in reference to experience with Dr. Kiltz .However, in the years that I have been seen at the clinic I have interacted with Dr.Kilts a total of two times and each time was no more than 5 mins total. That is within the 3 years that I have received care at the CNY Facility.
Do your research and ask plenty of questions. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle.
Started the below meds on cycle day 4- Prednisone 5mg 3x daily for inflammation Estrace 2mg 2x daily to build uterine lining Started the below meds in Cycle day 9 PIO 1mg by intramuscular injection 1x daily for uterine recieptivity Endometrin Vaginal suppository 2 x daily Uterine receptivity Baby asprin 81 mg 1 x inflammation Remained on all meds until negative beta test
1 Cycle IVF 4,900 IVF monitoring $825 Fet $231.46 Fet monitoring $725
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The nursing staff [at CNY] was available 24 hours a day if any complications arose. They were knowledgeable and compassionate at every step...Sometimes when having a test done we had to follow up on the results ourselves...$3900 for IVF and $150 outside patient monitoring...As a new patient it is difficult to be a little assertive at times. This was necessary in this fast paced high volume clinic. They are doing an amazing job at making excellent care affordable. They do not do a lot of hand holding so some research on my end was required and the social media support groups were helpful. Also Dr. Kiltz does a Sunday night fireside chat where you can connect with him and other patients to ask questions and learn.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz is always available to answer questions or simply listen to your concerns. He makes himself more accessible than doctors with less than half his patient amounts.
The nursing staff was available 24 hours a day if any complications arose. They were knowledgeable and compassionate at every step.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz truly cares about his patients. He gave me his cell phone number and told me to call when any questions or concerns. At first I didn’t believe it would really work but I called him and he was so amazing. He didn’t make me feel it was an inconvenience or he was too busy. He has returned my call at 10 PM his time due to the time difference and he was willing to address all my concerns and offe support. He has a positive attitude and also incorporated eastern medicine into his practice and recommendations. He is a wonderful, caring, and compassionate man!
Advocate for your self and ASK.
The cycle started with priming using anti inflammatories and HGH. I was on a high dose injectable protocol. This was based on the previous IVF cycle information that doctor stated. My previous doctor refused to access one of my ovaries but Dr. Kiltz was able to access both without serious complications.
$3900 for IVF and $150 outside patient monitoring.
SYRACUSE
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur [CNY Fertility Center] because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results...While the nurses are very compassionate and knowledgeable, they would often forget to upload documents to the patient portal. Also, because you are not assigned a particular nurse, sometimes you get conflicting information from nurses. Additionally sometimes I experienced situations where the nurses left my care up to me. Meaning I could do one thing or another and they let me decide. This was always very unnerving.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The number one reason to attend this clinic is their cost. It is the most affordable clinic and if you have to do multiple rounds, then it is totally worth it. They are very knowledgeable in what they do and include holistic views in their treatments. The clinic is more like a spa then a clinical environment. The doctor is innovative and always looking at new ways to treat patients. On the down side they are too busy to give individualized care. You 100% must advocate for yourself and be very well versed on your own health. Do not expect them to catch anything. You must double and triple check your own results with what research shows.
Dr. Ditkoff treated me like a human because he was compassionate and he always read my file and knew exactly what was going on with me before starting any conversation.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff is compassionate but straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
Have lots of questions ready! If you do not ask, the doctor will not be forthcoming with information.
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results.
Cycle cost $4,000 and included everything except pgs/pgd testing and medications.
Dr. Ditkoff recommends single embryo transfer but will allow you to transfer two if you want.
LATHAM
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I did all of my monitoring locally in Virginia with my ob/gyn then travelled to [CNY Fertility Center in] NY for retrieval...My costs for my IVF cycle in July was $4,150 plus $3,200 with medications...highly recommends a singleton transfer vs. a multiple transfer due to the safety and risks. He does allow you to make the choice if you choose to transfer more than 1...this practice is in high demand because they try to make it affordable. But please note that the nursing staff is very busy. Booking appts for consults could take up to months. I would recommend making plans ahead of time and know when you will want to start your cycle there.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think that new patients should know that this practice is in high demand because they try to make it affordable. But please note that the nursing staff is very busy. Booking appts for consults could take up to months. I would recommend making plans ahead of time and know when you will want to start your cycle there.
Dr. Kiltz truly cares about his patients. Even though sometimes you feel like a medical number vs. a human when dealing with the office itself (they are very busy), he does personally call you to follow up. You can always email, text him as well and he answers. He has been a great supporter throughout the journey so far.
I don't believe I had an assigned nurse. Everyone that contacted me was more than wonderful. I had Kim, Brenly and some others. All were very informative and made sure I understood directions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz has always seen my care through and through. He has been a supporter, friend, educator and doctor. He has followed up with me in regards to my care and for my future IVF needs. I highly recommend him to so many in my shoes! I wish we could clone him!
The one advice I would give any patient regarding Dr. Kiltz would be to be patient and listen.
I was under the antagonist protocol using Menopur, Gonal F and Cetrotide. I stimulated for 10 days and egg retrieval was on day 14 of my cycle. At my last ultrasound, I had been told I had 14 follicles and during my egg retrieval, the doctor was able to retrieve 11 eggs. I was astonished that the medications did what they were supposed to. However, the quality of my eggs was not there for them to fertilize. Embryology tried to do everything they could.
I did all of my monitoring locally in Virginia with my ob/gyn then travelled to NY for retrieval.
My costs for my IVF cycle in July was $4,150 plus $3,200 with medications. I also paid out of pocket $50 for each monitoring apt with my local ob/gyn plus lab work. After my failed cycle, I was told to have a Laproscopy and Hysteroscopy. I have not received a bill for this yet but this is related to trying to have another cycle hopefully someday in the future.
My doctor highly recommends a singleton transfer vs. a multiple transfer due to the safety and risks. He does allow you to make the choice if you choose to transfer more than 1. My plan was to transfer 2 embryos but unfortunately we didn't make it that far.
IVF, Donor Eggs
My husband left a semen sample that was meant to be frozen for future embryos [at CNY Fertility Center]. The clinic mistook it as a semen analysis and discarded the sample after the analysis. We were not charged for the test...It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, staff are friendly, and has a built in “spa” for accupuncture and massage - easily accessible for transfer day. Really a beautiful facility. It was easy to travel to, nearby hotels offer discounts for patients using the clinic, and overall has an impressive, calming atmosphere that doesn’t feel like an IVF clinic
Dr. Kiltz makes himself accessible to his patients by giving his cell phone number and personal email. Because it’s a high volume clinic, he won’t know you or your details without looking at a chart, but he is willing to listen and refresh his memory about your situation with each encounter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The only negative thing about our nurse coordinator was that she was hard to get in touch with. She communicates primarily through the online portal and is difficult to reach by phone.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz wants his patients and clinic to succeed. He makes himself accessible to his patients at all times. When our first donor egg round didn’t yield results we were hoping for, he gave us another round for free. I’ve never heard of another clinic doing that. He does have controversial opinions on diet and immunities- which makes him try things more “out of the box” than other doctors. He will talk to you about diet and environment on a soap box- whether or not you believe in his opinion.
Remember this is a high volume clinic and procedures won’t necessarily be catered to you individually. You’ll start with a standard protocol and work mainly with nurses. Still, Dr. Kiltz is reputable, aggressive, and will try anything to help you get pregnant. He wants his patients to succeed
Dr. Kiltz believes that inflammation and diet cause transfers to fail - so he adds antibiotics, presidone, and prograf to the standard estogen and progesterone. On our second transfer he was more aggressive with the immunity protocol- adding nuepogen, lovenox, and intralipids all to reduce inflammation for the transfer.
CNY is specifically known for low cost care. The prices are less than half of what local clinics charge. It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
Our first round we transferred 2 three-day embryos on account that they weren’t graded very highly. Our second transfer we were recommended to transfer one 3-day because it looked great. Neither worked so I’m glad we didn’t “waste” embryos by transferring 2 at a time. Dr. Kiltz was open to transferring 2 if I would have pushed but I went with his suggestion.
LATHAM
My favorite part about going to CNY is the nursing staff. They are all compassionate and caring. I do all my monitoring at the Rochester location and they are almost always on time and get me in and out so I can go to work which is another huge plus!...I was advised to only transfer one embryo due to my age (30). I was advised this not only by Dr. Corley but also by the embryology team so I went with this advice.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think a strength is that a lot of the care is delegated to NPs, PAs, and RN's who can do the monitoring and many of the procedures (all my IUI's were done by these folks). I would say a weakness is each time I need to travel to Syracuse for procedures I encounter long wait times (one-two hours). The Rochester location runs smoothly and on time though!
He spent a lot of time answering all my questions during out IVF consultation- and and I A LOT of them! I never felt rushed and his answers were thoughtful and helped me to better understand things moving forward.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
I experienced both my IVF consult and my first FET with Dr. Corley. I was happy he was doing the transfer because he had answered so many of my questions during our consult and I felt he cared about my understanding of the process. He explained what was happening as it occurred during my first FET and made sure I knew when to look so I was able to see the embryo as it transferred over. After the embryo transfer he held our hands while explaining next steps and told us not to worry- this was a really nice gesture and I left the whole experience feeling relaxed and hopeful for what is to come!
Come with questions and they will be answered!
We used menopur and gonal for stim meds as well as a lupron trigger as my ovaries are poly cystic. He recommended freezing all embryos as I was at a higher risk of OHSS so my body had time to recover post retrieval and prior to our FET. We had 26 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, and 6 frozen. Still waiting on results from our first FET!
I know our FET cost $250, they will continue to cost $250 each transfer until we use all 6 frozen embryos or until we become pregnant.
5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
They strongly recommend one embryo [at CNY Fertility Center] however they will make you aware of the risk if doing multiple. Depending on your situation they do allow for multiple embryo transfers...Clinics strengths are they are organized, communicate well, and the actual ombeonce of the clinic is relaxing and comfortable. A weakness of theirs is they have a lot of patients so occasionally things can get messed up. However, they are always able to fix things right away.
5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They were very personable and everyone at the clinic made you feel like they were their only patient.
The nursing staff calls and communicates your protocol to you and answers any questions you may have. A nurse is always available 24/7 to talk to you. They are organized and the best when you are with them in person.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman explains everything really well. He also makes you feel comfortable. He always gives you a chance to ask any questions you have. Only weakness to me is he talks in a manner that he sounds like he is the host of a television show.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or have him explain things to you.
My protocol was made up of menopur 75iu, Gonal-f 225iu, cetrotide, and double lupron trigger for egg retrieval. I also took theralogix supplements ovavite and ovasitol as a prenatal and egg quality purposes. For transfer I stayed on theralogix vitamins and added: baby aspirin, LDN, estradiol, prednisone, progesterone, pio injections. My first transfer ended in a chemical. This second transfer I am taking the same medications but we added in plaquenil and I am doing Dr. Kiltz extreme keto diet
I did not monitor at CNY. I live in Michigan so I did local monitoring at a fertility clinic close to my home.
Egg Retrieval $4050 (includes $150 local monitoring fee) Transfer $250 Embryo glue $100 Hcg wash $50 (without medication) Intralipid infusion $100 2 30min acupuncture/massage sessions $70 Free nutritional information Free yoga classes
They strongly recommend one embryo however they will make you aware of the risk if doing multiple. Depending on your situation they do allow for multiple embryo transfers.
IUI, 1 IVF
I believe the strengths [of CNY-Hamburg], first would be affordability. Making this journey possible for people who never would have been able to afford it otherwise. They offer financing to everyone with zero checks ect. It really shows that their very committed to making your miracle happen. Also, they treat you like an individual, customize protocols to you, you are not a number here and will not feel like one. I would say the only weakness with the clinic as whole would be sometimes you may need to stay on top of things or advocate for yourself as with most clinics though. Things are very fast paced so you want to make sure to keep attention to detail.
IUI, 1 IVF
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I believe the strengths, first would be affordability. Making this journey possible for people who never would have been able to afford it otherwise. They offer financing to everyone with zero checks ect. It really shows that their very committed to making your miracle happen. Also, they treat you like an individual, customize protocols to you, you are not a number here and will not feel like one. I would say the only weakness with the clinic as whole would be sometimes you may need to stay on top of things or advocate for yourself as with most clinics though. Things are very fast paced so you want to make sure to keep attention to detail.
I felt like a human from the first initial meeting with Dr Corley. He was very personable, and had great bedside manner. He prayed with us after retrieval and spoke with us as an individual and not a grouped statistic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Ziegler )
I absolutely loved being in the care of Kris Ziegler. She goes above and beyond and is very very knowledgeable in what she does.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
I would describe Dr Corley as wonderful and straightforward. He has great bedside manner and great communication. I never went without knowing exactly what to expect and I never left without being fully informed of our treatment plans moving forward. He was very responsive to phone calls. My experience with Dr Corley for egg retrieval was very short. I briefly spoke with him prior to anesthesia. He explained in depth the process and what to expect. Once I woke up he was already with another patient and a nurse finished the rest of my visit. For my frozen embryo transfer he was amazing. Again, very detailed description of what was going to happen as well as after care. He also made sure my husband and I knew exactly where and when to watch the screen to witness our transfer happen. After transfer he took our hands and prayed with us. It was beautiful and calming. I felt things like that are what matters and makes him stand apart from other Reproductive Endocrinologists.
My advice to a prospective patient would be to not stress. If you are in Dr Corleys care, there is no need to stress or worry that you have made a wrong decision. So let the stress of picking a Dr go out the window because with him there is no need to worry.
My treatment protocol was to use injectable medication and well as oral and vaginal medication to stimulate egg production and prepare my body for retrieval and transfer. We only had one additional medication added that we had no planned for. This medication was added due to my increased estrogen levels. I was given a medication to reduce the risk of OHSS from retrieval. My results produced from our protocol was 16 eggs retrieved. 14 mature. 12 fertilized. I had 5 embryos make it to day 5. I transferred 2 embryos in a frozen transfer which has resulted in a current pregnancy.
The costs are a lump sum amount for the IVF itself and then any additional costs for meds specific to the individual. It was all affordable compared to other competitors.
The Dr and office as a whole prefers to transfer 1 embryo at a time unless your history or circumstances suggest you should do otherwise. My embryos were not good quality and had low chance of implantation so we transferred two embryos without any issues.
HAMBURG
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
They're [CNY-Syracuse] strengths are the costs of the procedures, their willingness to work with anyone, and their willingness to think outside of the box. They also have a large support network and reach out at twice a week with informative videos where they answer questions live. There are multiple groups where patients support each other. Their weakness is being understaffed. It is difficult to get a call back before the end of the day, so some wen start to worry another changes needed and if they are on the right meds, or when to start them at all.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They're strengths are the costs of the procedures, their willingness to work with anyone, and their willingness to think outside of the box. They also have a large support network and reach out at twice a week with informative videos where they answer questions live. There are multiple groups where patients support each other. Their weakness is being understaffed. It is difficult to get a call back before the end of the day, so some wen start to worry another changes needed and if they are on the right meds, or when to start them at all.
He takes to you like a friend. He is also willing to take your suggestions into consideration. If something bad happens he will call to see how you're doing.
Understaffed. CNY is a growing clinic and they haven't been able to keep up with the growth with their staff. But this does not stop them from being knowledgeable, compassionate, or helpful.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz thinks out of the box. He doesn't take negative results lying down, he is willing to test out new article studies even if there isn't enough information out yet. If it can help even one if his patients he is willing to try it.
Start KETO now and start asking questions. Because they have travel patients you will have a lot of control over your own journey.
Protocol KETO While priming use Ovistol, DHEA, Multivitamin, Vitamin D if needed, CoQ10, etc For transfer a basic immune protocol is used for everyone to start: Prednisone, prograf, progesterone two ways, estridol And strongly pushes other anti-inflammatory aspects like yoga instead of weight lifting and cardio This is all to reduce inflammation
As I am a travel patient I monitoring locally at a hospital lab.
Retreival 3,900 + finance fees, transfers 250 for the year after retreival, monitoring 150 for travel patients, and spa treatments are all very friendly priced. The meds very depending on the protocol and for us the immune protocol is starting to add up. Trips to Toronto, IVIG, nuepogeon.
Based on age, PGS testing, and pregnancy history. Once you have had a few he may start suggesting 2 but with PGS he still suggests 1, but will transfer more depending on the situation.
SYRACUSE
The clinic [CNY-Hamburg] has a very warm a spa-like atmosphere. It is clean and well maintained. The staff is extremely friendly. The Syracuse office is much busier and has longer wait times, but the Buffalo office had very short wait times.... $3,900 for my IVF cycle with retrieval. I was unable to do a fresh transfer so it was $250 for my transfer. That failed so it was another $250 for my second transfer which was successful. I don’t have a full bill of my monitoring costs at the moment since it is still be billed to my insurance.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a very warm a spa-like atmosphere. It is clean and well maintained. The staff is extremely friendly. The Syracuse office is much busier and has longer wait times, but the Buffalo office had very short wait times.
The nurses and nurse practitioners definitely treated me like a human. They took their time to explain and answer my questions. I met Dr. Kiktz very briefly for both of my transfers. Personally I don’t mind because I trust his staff. Any time I called I got a compassionate and knowledgeable answer to my question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Ziegler)
Kris and all the nurses at the Buffalo were extremely compassionate and caring. I felt like they were very focused on me even though I knew they were very busy with other petients. I rarely waited long during my appointments and never felt rushed.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz made him self available at all times, however I preferred to talk to his staff since they were more closely connected to my treatment. His weekly fireside chats on Facebook have been extremely helpful and informative.
If you like to see the doctor regularly rather than the nurse practitioners, this may not be the clinic for you.
I was on the immune protocol with prednisone, aspirin, and Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) and I did the aketo diet as recommended by Dr. Kiltz to reduse inflammation. For my second and successful transfer, I added an hGC wash two days before transfer and had acupuncture before and after my transfer.
Personally I preferred the single embryo transfer due to the fact that multiple embryos increase the chances of a complicated pregnancy with multiples.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
We bought our plane tickets, booked a hotel then waited for them [CNY Fertility Center] to call or send us a med list. Nothing came. Finally we called them and they told us it’s too late to start a cycle this month. We lost all the money from the tickets. Our first retrieval, we didn’t know they called in several refills on our meds. Well we ran out of Gonal the day before trigger. So we called them and they said it’s too late to get it overnighted so we had to pay OOP $1000 at a local pharmacy.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This is the most amazing clinic you’ll ever go to. It feels like a high end spa. You get your Accupuncture treatments right there, there’s free fertility yoga, and it’s beautiful. Like the four seasons or something
He was willing to give us all the help we needed and volunteered to do more without us having to ask. That means a lot when you’re under the duress of fertility treatments.
Having lived close to the clinic and far from it, I got to work with 2 different “teams”. The regular on site team is amazing- communicating well, experienced, caring. The travel team, well, they’re pretty bare bones. If you’re commuting to the clinic from another state then you get the travel team. I admit it’s a challlenge on their part to provide patient care over the phone so you can’t really expect much, but they really should try to bridge the gap somehow and they don’t. They are either too busy or don’t realize that you’re not getting any care from whichever facility you’re monitoring with. If you’re not doing a retrieval or transfer they don’t answer your phone calls some days. Some of the nurses have no idea what a protocol is or what to do. Your guess is often better than theirs. Your discharge to your ob when you do get pregnant is- they don’t email you anymore. I have to say my miscarriage might not have happened if I was prepared for leaving the clinic and what to do with my meds. I had to ask a bunch of times which meds to take after leaving. I didn’t agree with what they said, but it’s hard to advocate for yourself over email. A phone call could clear up a lot
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Out of the box thinker, kind and fun to be around. He made me feel comfortable with the process. He did my lapro surgery and after explained very thoroughly what is going on. He didn’t seem rushed at all to get to the next patient. He went in and visited with my family while I was recovering. He was willing to treat things proactively which I really appreciated. Too often with fertility doctors want you to fail first. They wouldn’t do that with any other disease. They wouldn’t wait till you get pneumonia to give you antibiotics. They wouldn’t make you break your arm twice before putting a cast on. Kilts did all the testing that they usually wait until you have 2 miscarriages. We only had one but he wanted to do everything. I wish we went to him sooner is my only regret. So many other doctors I’ve consulted with said they wouldn’t even have done the testing it’s so insulting.
Just do your research. He doesn’t recommend PGS testing but if you want it then make it happen.
My first protocol was the standard antagonist protocol. Stimmed with cetrotide and gonalf only. We were on a budget so he let us skip the menopur.
Self pay $7000 including bare bones meds and a surgery. Not including airfare, etc. That is for 1 retrieval and 2 transfers
Kiltz is a strong advocate for single transfer which is good. However it should be more strictly enforced. It was fairly easy for us to get as many as we wanted transferred because if Kiltz isn’t available another doctor stands in for him and the other doctors aren’t as strict
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Ordering the drugs [at CYN Fertility Center] is CRAZY! They come from all different places (because they are trying to save you money) but you don't get a checklist of drugs to expect and where to call to get them. The first cycle I was scrambling as I was missing things...Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The strengths are the nursing and front desk staff. The free yoga is a nice touch, but the instructors are not consistent and really vary in skill. The weakness is no real coordination of care. I should say I have EXCELLENT insurance so money was not a factor. I know many people choose this clinic for its pricing.
This is a very busy clinic. I am not among the chosen ones who had the doctor's home number. Nobody is "in charge" of your file. You see a rotating cast of nurses and the doctor is almost never involved. Over time, I felt my situation had changed. I started as a single person and then moved to having trouble conceiving with a partner. After multiple losses, nobody contacted me, or decided to change the plan. I always had to advocate and enquire. I didn't know much when I started as I was single and did not yet know I had fertility issues. This was a real set back. The doctor is also on a ridiculous Keto diet kick. It does not matter why you are there, he will tell you about it. This is EXTREMELY hurtful after a low egg retrieval or a miscarriage to be grilled on your diet. Also, I mentioned that I had been severely anorexic and a restrictive diet was not an option for me. He ignored this and continued to praise high-fat foods.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle G)
So the main issue here is nobody is a "care coordinator". I learned from friends who went here to find a nurse I like and ask for them. Also, after two years, you know everyone! My unofficial main nurse was amazing. Always knew my file, compassionate and willing to press the doctor when I needed.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
This person is completely a monomaniac about diet. He neglected to send me for some very important tests which could have given insight into why I have recurrent pregnancy loss. I was not told about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in. He throws a lot of off-label use drugs at harder to treat patients and I am not sure to what extent these help. I am a professor. I find him extremely condescending and talks as if I am a complete idiot being fooled by "the food industry". I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!" - I don't let students make arguments based on "I once knew somebody who...." A doctor should know better!
Go somewhere else. Or know a lot about your situation and have a plan. Ask to see Dr Corley.
IUI #1 - BFN Some drugs leading up to IUI, can't recall Egg Collection #1: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 13 eggs- 2 made it to 5 day freeze iui#2: Chemical Egg collection #2: Menopur, Follistim (after when it went badly, he was like, oh you really should not have skipped the hcg!) 4 eggs, 2 day 3s transferred, none frozen. Transfer 1: 2 day 3 fresh= MC at 6 weeks (lovenox, LDN, PIO, endometrin) Egg Collection #3: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 7 eggs, 4 embryos Transfer 2: two day 5s with full "immune protocol (IVIG, intralipids, hcg wash, plaquanil, neupogen) ... results TBD
Go on Tuesday or Thursday whenever you can! You get given a time, but it is actually just a line by arrival. Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
I had excellent insurance but spent about 5000$ on co-pay and prescriptions. A few of the off-label use drugs were very expensive. This is for three egg retrievals, two transfers and two IUIs.
We did two as I am close to 40 and ok with multiples
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I was extremely happy with clinic [at CNY-Syracuse] and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I was extremely happy with clinic and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
Dr. took the time to discuss protocol, medications, answer questions,.discuss results,.discuss next steps after miscarriage, and didn't rush us off the phone. Seemed genuine in his care for us and our wishes.
The nurses I had talked with were very caring. There were times when I would get conflicting answers and was confused. Also, it is hard to get a hold of or get a call back from a nurse after leaving a message. I used the patient portal most of the time which I received faster results.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I only talked to him on the phone but he made us feel like we were important and not just another couple having issues. He was genuine and caring. He explained different options and the potential risks.
He is very thorough and will repeat himself to ensure you understand what he is saying so just have patience
350 gonal f , ldn, prednisone, cleocin, zpack, with bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring 3 days before trigger. Went to new york for egg retrieval. Started fresh transfer meds including progesterone and estradiol. Transferred 2 day 4 embryos. Successful pregnancy witg twins and miscarried at 7 weeks
I was an out of state patient so I monitored in ohio and not in new York
$3900 plus monitoring and medications
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I have been to the Syracuse and the Rochester clinic [CNY] and they are both beautiful and comfortable. Very relaxing atmospheres. A lot of time and effort is invested in keeping the clinics clean and comforting and they always have relative merchandise available as well as complimentary beverages....I really enjoyed Daniella and Catherine, they are very relate-able and interested in your life....The phone staff are horrible they are rude, impatient and have no compassion for how stressful this is for the patient
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I have been to the Syracuse and the Rochester clinic and they are both beautiful and comfortable. Very relaxing atmospheres. A lot of time and effort is invested in keeping the clinics clean and comforting and they always have relative merchandise available as well as complimentary beverages.
Dr. Klitz very clearly cares about his patients and their fertility outcomes as well as their overall health. Dr. Klitz has even attended support groups held at his clinic to help answer questions and bring comfort. He freely gives out his cell phone and tells patient to call when ever and he means it. The plans and options his clinic offers demonstrates that they care more about the patients then success rates.
I really enjoyed Daniella and Catherine, they are very relate-able and interested in your life. But Leigh Houghton and many of the LDNs aren't as compassionate nor are they good listeners. The phone staff are horrible they are rude, impatient and have no compassion for how stressful this is for the patient
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Klitz is clearly a very caring and invested physician. He is blunt but also warm and very knowledgeable. He is very busy so he can be rushed and he often isn't available for monitoring appointments.
Ask questions! Do be afraid to be active in decisions regarding your care.
my first IVF cycle was gonal-f 300IU with cetrotide as the antagonist and HGC since i couldn't afford Menopur. I had 3 eggs retrieved and none fertilized. For my next round I primed for 30 days with Omnitrope, .33mg a day and estrogen, I also started taking 3mg a day of LDN. Then for stimming i took 450IU of Gonal-f and 150 IU of Menopur, I triggered with Leuoprolide for that round I had 1-egg retrieved which fertilized. We froze this egg, I did an HGC wash and started on Emdometrin, PIO and estrace and then did a transfer which failed. For the next round I am priming for 30 days with Omnitrope, and 7 days of estrace. For stimming I will do 150iu of Gonal-f with cetrotide as the antagonist and 4 2.5mg of Letrozole since i am a poor responder to stim meds
IVF is not covered by my insurance so the retrieval, freezing and transfers are all paid out of pocket. Prior to meeting my deductible monitoring totaled around $825, The IVF cycle that resulted in 0 eggs cost me $1900 and the IVF cycle that failed cost $4500. Drugs ranged from $4000 to $500 per cycle
Due to my low embryo count this was never dicussed
2007 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Everyone is friendly except the 2 reception girls they never smile. Look miserable like they don't want to be their to work. The clinic [CNY- Albany] is a very peaceful environment when you walk in you wouldn't think it's a Drs office. It def. Helps to relieve some stress.... Greta and Eileen are the best team of nurses ever. And my husband and I are forever greatful they work for cny and that they were willing to go above and beyond for us. We owe our children's lives to them.
2007 - 2018
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone is friendly except the 2 reception girls they never smile. Look miserable like they don't want to be their to work. The clinic is a very peaceful environment when you walk in you wouldn't think it's a Drs office. It def. Helps to relieve some stress.
He was very personable. Went over my history thoroughly discussed options and made a plan TOGETHER! he always wanted to make sure we we're 100% on board with any treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
Greta Joost is amazing. I had her for my first 2007-2009 cycles with cny very personable, caring always willing to go above and beyond. When I started my 2017 cycles Greta had moved to a travel coordinator. Was super sad but went with the next best nurse. Had some head butting with that nurse. Spoke with Greta as we are friends and she told me she was in the office 3 days a week doing travel pt. Stuff but would gladly scan me and get me pregnant on our last cycle as we just could not afford the out of pocket injectable meds anymore. First appt. Back with Greta I asked her if she could look up my last cycle that I did with her that was successful. That I wanted to do the same as that one. We looked at it discussed our plan of action set it in stone and went about our cycle. Currently pregnant with b/b twins. I wouldn't be if it was not for Greta going above and beyond and listening and willing to do what we did before when we were successful. I owe my children to her. The other nurse that I dealt with was Eileen Clark! Another AMAZING nurse. Was my.main blood draw nurse. In and out no problem hardly new she poked me with a needle. Had her through my 2007-2009 cycles. She moved to a telephone nurse for my 2017-2018 cycles but again she went above and beyond and would come down to do my blood draws. She always was smiling and had a great sense of humor. Greta and Eileen are the best team of nurses ever. And my husband and I are forever greatful they work for cny and that they were willing to go above and beyond for us. We owe our children's lives to them. I feel if we did not have these two as our A team we would be empty handed sad and miserable. Keep up the awesome work ladies, as you are the best in our eyes!
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman was very up front and truthful. He told me we're in this process together and that we will get a successful pregnancy. He is very caring and has a funny sense of humor. He def. Lightens the stressful situation. Even though I only saw him a couple of times through my cycles he was always avail to answer and questions and was always very friendly in the halls.
He is their to help you achieve your goals of a baby. Be upfront on your history and be honest on what you want and don't want.
First cycle was a clomid cycle. Follicles did not grow like they should of so they canceled the cycle. Next cycle we started on injectables bravelle and menopur. Started at low dose adventually got to 300/300 follicles grew we triggered with hcg. Ended in a chemical preg. Cycle 3 started with 300/300 triggered with hcg ended with chemical. Had a talk with Dr. Grossman to see what we could do he added lovenox and hcg boosters to the next cycle. Dx of reoccurring pregnancy loss. Cycle 3 300/300 foliicule grew triggered with hcg did lovenox and hcg boosters ended with a life birth of b/g twins @34wks Fast forward 8 yrs. Cycle 4 injectables follistim/ menopur ended in a chemical ( they we're steering away from hcg boosters as they say they don't help.). Cycle 5 &6 chemical pregnancy cycle 7 I pushed to ha e lovenox and hcg boosters added as that's the only way I had a successful pregnancy. Dr. Grossman agreed and added it to cycle. Currently pregnant with twins again.
LATHAM
It [CNY-Buffalo] is beautiful, peaceful, and very clean! It is also comforting and very homeish. The waiting room has a fire place and tea and coffee, beautiful pairings and sculptures. The consult rooms have cozy chairs and couches. The colors are very easy and comforting as well... The nursing staff and receptionist are all so awesome, very kind and understanding. Some times they are understaffed though
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It is beautiful, peaceful, and very clean! It is also comforting and very homeish. The waiting room has a fire place and tea and coffee, beautiful pairings and sculptures. The consult rooms have cozy chairs and couches. The colors are very easy and comforting as well
He is very friendly, helps you understand and asks if you have questions, he always is smiling and very helpful!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He sat with me for quite a while and talked to me as a friend. Very smiley and confident that he can help. He is very assuring and helped me feel better as well. When we went through my procedure he was very patient and explained everything both before during and after the procedure. Dr. A has a great personality and passion for what he does.
Don’t worry! Dr. A will explain everything!!
Dr. Arroyo talked with me for over an hour during my initial visit. He went through several procedures that I would need, as we are in the process of a pgd I needed two tests done first and my husband needed an SIS as well. I know that we are not I fertile, but my husband and I are both carriers for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, as our daughter, Saydee passed away from respiratory failure in 2016. Dr. A also ordered genetic testing for both my husband and I, to help uncover which genes are affected. We will be utilizing pre genetic diagnosis with invetro fertilization in the near future.
Not sure yet, but all of my visits have just been copays so far
Describe Armando Arroyo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
We will be using eSET for our IVF, as our embryos will be diagnosed and tested for SMA
HAMBURG
The clinic [CNY - Syracuse] feels like a spa. Calm, inviting atmosphere. When you walk in you don't feel like you are there for some major medical procedure. The waiting room is comfortable and there's coffee. Consult rooms are comfortable and inviting.... IVF costs $3900 plus meds. Monitoring for IVF is 800(approx). FET are $250 for the first year plus meds. FET monitoring is $750. Acupuncture is $70... Nursing staff that i interacted with was kind and patient.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic feels like a spa. Calm, inviting atmosphere. When you walk in you don't feel like you are there for some major medical procedure. The waiting room is comfortable and there's coffee. Consult rooms are comfortable and inviting.
Dr, Kiltz is one of the kindest people I have ever met. When I was leaving the office one day I was visibly upset. It was the end of the day and he was sitting at a desk in the hallway working. I was trying desperately not to make eye contact. He could have easily brushed me off and let me leave. Instead he grabbed my hand and we went into a conference room where he talked with me for about 30 minutes about our plan moving forward.
Nursing staff that i interacted with was kind and patient. They took the time to explain procedures and medications, as well as answer any questions that I may have. I had to bring my son to a few appointments and they were kind and engaged with him as well.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
As mentioned in my previous answer Dr. Kiltz is incredibly kind and compassionate. He will answer questions via text, even after hours. He has always made me feel like my case is important to him, despite the fact that he is very busy.
Dr. Kiltz is very high energy, speaks quickly and can be a little over the top at times. He gets results and wants you to have the experience you're looking for, complete with a healthy baby, but it's important to note that he's busy and sometimes you need to wait to hear back from him.
Dr. Kiltz uses a variety of different protocols depending on the specific situation. He will generally recommend a keto diet to all patients. During my first IVF cycle I did a basic protocol. For my next cycle I am priming (diet and supplements for 60 days and then hgh for 30) and following an autoimmune protocol to help battle inflammation from PCOS.
IVF costs $3900 plus meds. Monitoring for IVF is 800(approx). FET are $250 for the first year plus meds. FET monitoring is $750. Acupuncture is $70 (bogo for transfer so you can do before and after for the same price)
I think they generally suggest one but will allow you to transfer more if the situation warrants it or you truly want to.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
CNY is a great place and we are lucky to have them. The staff is great and their methods work. Only suggestion we have is with follow up. Unless we were proactive CNY did not follow up to keep up on our path. We have had 2 successful transfers although we have also had 2 losses. CNY has been supportive and we know they will help us achieve our goal of creating a family.... We have had issues getting prescriptions sent over to our pharmacy. Phone calls are not always the best method. Requests through the portal work better.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr Grossman has been open with us through every step of our journey. He has been available to communicate what was going on and to answer questions and help us make decisions about our future
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marianne Marx)
The nursing staff treated us like family and communicated all information with us regularly.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Grossman has always been caring and open with us. He has been very professional and answered all our questions. During all my procedures he answered any questions and took great care of us. The only suggestion I have for Dr. Grossman is he is not always very firm with his suggestions although I understand some situations do not always have a clear cut answer
Just ask as many questions as possible
For IVF my protocol was Gonal F 300 iu once daily, hcg-lh 10 iu once daily and prenatal. On day 5 he added Cetrotide .25 mg in the AM and on day 9 was Lupron (trigger) 4 mg. My retieval was day 11. I had 19 eggs collected, 14 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5 for freezing. No fresh transfer. For FET both times my protocol was Estrace 2 mg (twice daily vaginally), Prednisone 5 mg, aspirin 81 mg and prenatal 2 weeks before transfer. One week before transfer started progesterone in oil 50 mg injection. Also cleocin for 3 days. 5 days before transfer added Endometrin 100 mg (vaginally twice daily). Day before transfer added Prograf .5 mg twice daily. Also did weekly intralipid IV and acupuncture before and after transfer. Discontinued Prograf day of positive pregnancy test. Outcome was positive pregnancy test both times.
We spent about $10,000 for IVF including medications. For our FET it was about $3,000.
After a successful single FET we followed the same protocol for our second transfer.
PCOS, Unexplained
I think the clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr] is great. The prices and location is ideal and the team that they have is excellent.... For the most part the entire nursing staff is amazing. There are a couple nurses where I feel like I’m just another check mark on their list of things to get done, but that is the exception not the rule. Overall the nursing staff is very patient, knowledgeable, and kind.... There was one time that a prescription was not sent to the pharmacy. I called the nurses station and it was promptly taken care of.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think the clinic is great. The prices and location is ideal and the team that they have is excellent. I feel listened to and cared for whenever I go there. It feels like you are part of a family and not just another patient to be seen.
The doctor was never in a hurry and always took the time to answer all questions we had.
For the most part the entire nursing staff is amazing. There are a couple nurses where I feel like I’m just another check mark on their list of things to get done, but that is the exception not the rule. Overall the nursing staff is very patient, knowledgeable, and kind. I’ve been a patient at CNY for so long that I have formed some close relationships with many of the staff. They will call to check in to make sure medications are working and that I am not having adverse reactions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very kind and compassionate. His knowledge of infertility is vast and he is always reviewing the treatment plan to make sure you are getting the best possible care. I’m always impressed by the new and different things he thinks of to try. Identify is so optimistic and positive about the whole experience. I always feel hopeful when working with him.
Ask questions and don’t be afraid to talk candidly with the doctor.
Dr. Kiltz has adjusted the various hormone injections that I was on to get better results during egg retrieval and transfers. He has done various things to try to combat inflammation as well.
My insurance covered most of the cost. The cost for IVF was extremely reasonable and made the procedure affordable for us.
Dr. Kiltz always says that transferring one embryo is safer for both the baby and mother.
SYRACUSE
Mary [nurse at CNY] is very friendly and made me feel comfortable about explaining all the medicine I will be on. She helped go over all of the medicine I’m currently taking for estrogen priming. She’s very positive and upbeat and gave me hope that she’s worked with other patients with my condition and they’ve had success...I was supposed to have a genetic test done before my first IVF cycle and a nurse never ordered it. They didn’t realize this until right before I was going to begin my second IVF cycle. Fortunately they ordered it and paid for it due to the mistake, and the results were totally fine.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: calm and welcoming environment. They help address issues efficiently and the nurses go above and beyond to be helpful. Weakness: sometimes challenging to get an appointment for monitoring at an ideal time
Dr. Grossman sat down with my husband and I to discuss why my first cycle likely failed. He went through all of the options we can explore to try to have a child with my own eggs. He gave us hope that it was possible to use them and that he’d be willing to try as many times as we are. He also answered all of my questions about my first cycle in detail without belittling me or making them seem silly. Additionally, he went over the pros and cons of using different dosages of medicine the next time around.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Mary is very friendly and made me feel comfortable about explaining all the medicine I will be on. She helped go over all of the medicine I’m currently taking for estrogen priming. She’s very positive and upbeat and gave me hope that she’s worked with other patients with my condition and they’ve had success.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman is very soft spoken and calm. He made my husband and I feel welcome at the clinic and made sure he answered all of our questions. He had a great sense of humor which made our conversation more light hearted, especially for such a stressful and confusing issue.
Be open about concerns you have and don’t be afraid to ask questions about different options.
We are using lower dosages of IVF drugs than we did in our first round. I’m using HGH and 1mg of estrace for a month of estrogen priming then lower stims than previously.
$4-6,000
Not at that point yet
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Most of the staff [CNY - Syracuse] is very good and attentive. Some forget to enter in times for appointments or schedule the right kind of bloodwork. Some nurses contradict each other as far as treatment plans. It would be nice if one or two nurses were assigned to you, but you could see a different nurse every time....they failed to mention that I needed to be weaned off of steroids they prescribed. Also, even though I am allergic to a certain antibiotic, and it's in my chart, the nurses always try to include it in my cycle plan.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As a whole, they are very supportive and generous. They always have coffee and tea available and the receptionists up front are always very kind. Once you're a patient, they will always make time for you or see you if you would like to be seen.
Some of the staff are very attentive, while some don't take the time to listen or input correct information into the computer. Also, having had multiple chemical pregnancies, it feels like we haven't been presented any different options that could result in a different outcome.
Most of the staff is very good and attentive. Some forget to enter in times for appointments or schedule the right kind of bloodwork. Some nurses contradict each other as far as treatment plans. It would be nice if one or two nurses were assigned to you, but you could see a different nurse every time.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a brilliant and compassionate man. It's rare to see a person, especially a doctor, who feels so strongly about their work. If I had any complain about him, it would be that he's a little rough with the ultrasound wand.
Always make sure of your appointments and that they have you scheduled for the right kind of testing.
My first 2 IUI cycles, I took letrozole(days 3-7),10mg of prednisone to combat inflamation, and 1 baby aspirin, for a healthy uterine lining, each day, and triggered with hcg on cycle day 13 IUI on day 14. Progesterone suppostories were started 2 days after the IUIs. The first resulting in a late implanting chemical pregnancy and the second with an unconfirmed ectopic. A D&C, hyteroscopy and shot of methotrexate were necessary. The next 2 IUIs were done with 150 of Gonal F daily on days 3-8 to increase egg quality. I also took the prednisone and aspirin (same dosage) and progesterone following the HCG triggered IUIs again. These times Lovenox was added to my list of meds. incase of a possible clotting issue. My insurance company wouldn't cover the blood test, so Dr. Kiltz decided it would be no harm to treat me as if I had a clotting disorder. Again, both ended in a late chemical pregnancy where my HCG would be negative for my scheduled pregnancy test, but when I would get my period, and come in for my bloodwork to start a new cycle, I would have a positive HCG that would slowly decline.
SYRACUSE
Majority of the time they are on time. At times, however, the clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr- Latham] gets very busy and appointments run late. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The financial team is always willing to speak with me, contact my insurance, and answer all of my questions....The clinic uses a hollistic approach to treatment, which includes recommending wellness activities, support groups, and following the ketogenic diet....Overall, the nursing staff are amazing.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Majority of the time they are on time. At times, however, the clinic gets very busy and appointments run late. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The financial team is always willing to speak with me, contact my insurance, and answer all of my questions. They have a wellness center, which I've heard great things about, but have not used myself. The clinic uses a hollistic approach to treatment, which includes recommending wellness activities, support groups, and following the ketogenic diet.
He took time to answer my questions, even though many of my questions do not have concrete answers.
Overall, the nursing staff are amazing. They are always friendly and willing to answer questions. Some of the nurses who draw blood and perform IUIs have better technique than others. For example, some warm the speculum and others don't. Most are willing to look through your record to ensure correct trigger date, medications, and recommend changes. O e the nurses reviewed my record at my fourth IUI and added the autoimmune medications.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns. He moves through explainations rather quickly, which in the beginning of treatment was slightly difficult to follow. He is very confident in the treatment he prescribes, even though we do not know what is wrong with my body.
Research before you go for the first time, become familar with fertility terms and abbreviations, ask questions, and don't have concrete expectations (that one is for fertility patients in general).
We did three rounds of IUI with letrozole and trigger. None resulted in pregnancy, despite having multie follicles each cycle. He was confident at consultation that this work by number three. When it didn't, he opined that IUI would likely not work for me and reccomends IVF. I cannot afford IVF right now, so one of the nurses reccomended adding prednisone and ldn this IUI cycle.
Costs are reasonable for the industry. My insurance requires a $40 copay for visits, about $50/cycle for labs, about $100/cycle for non-injectables. The financial team tells me that IVF will cost between $8 and 10k. My insurance does not cover IVF at all.
LATHAM
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
CNY is an amazing clinic, aimed at providing quality care at an affordable price for those who do not have/don't have great insurance coverage. I do feel that they need more experience when it comes to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss and reproductive immunology.... I love my nurse, Marianne Marx. She is an excellent, knowledgable nurse and I always request her for my appointments and ultrasounds. All nurses at CNY are wonderful, however, Marianne is my go to.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The doctors at CNY have one goal - to give you a child. Unfortunately my journey is still ongoing, but I do feel as though they care about me and feel bad I have not been successful yet.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Some people may say he can be very business-like, but personally I like that about him. Shows how intelligent he is on the questions you are asking him. He spends as much time with you as you need so you never feel rushed. He is a good communicator. I like having quick access to him via the patient portal message system, or, an appointment to consult with him isn't too far out when I call.
Be ready to be educated, and be ready to hear the truth about your particular situation.
My husband and I suffer from recurrent pregnancy loss. We get pregnant so easily but we have yet to be successful. My CNY cycles have been monitored, letrozole, triggered, timed intercourse. But they have still resulted in losses. I think our next step is IVF with PGS to try and weed out potential bad eggs/sperm.
Fortunately, my care thus far has been covered under my health insurance. However, if I move to IVF, I have no coverage and will have to pay out of pocket.
I have yet to do IVF
LATHAM
You can tell that the nurses love working at CNY and love what they do. They are very kind, caring and patient. If one can’t get your blood they will call another nurse in who might have a better chance. They are very timely at responding to emails and making phone calls.... He [Dr. Kiltz] puts on great chats on Facebook when he shares important information on diet or different protocols to taken for different procedures.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is wonderful. Dr Kiltz makes sure his facilities run smoothly. He is always looking to hear what his patients have to say to improve his locations. Dr Kiltz is mora than willing to give you his number and will respond with a text or call if you have any concerns or questions. He puts on great chats on Facebook when he shares important information on diet or different protocols to taken for different procedures. I would highly recommend CNY to anyone going through this journey!
Dr Grossman has a great bedside manner, but is also able to tell you exactly what you need to hear. He listens to what you have to say as well as supplying his knowledge in a professional manner.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
We were recommended through my sister in law to request Dr Grossman when setting up our consultation. My niece is a CNY baby and Dr Grossman helped them 7 years ago. We had our initial consultation with Dr Grossman. He explained everything from pre testing to statistics to different protocols we could try. He answered any questions that we had to the best that he could. He had a very positive optimistic way of getting his points across. Dr Grossman also performed my laparoscopy. He explained in detail a week before the procedure and asked if we had any questions. The day of surgery he stopped in before to check up on me and spoke to my husband after to update him on the findings. We met with him a few weeks later where he checked incisions and again was more than willing to answer any questions we had. He is always good with returning emails in a timely manner.
One piece of advice I would give is if you’re asking him a question to ask it where it puts his wife in the situation and what they would do for certain situations.
We went right into injections. After 2 unsuccessful iui’s we did a laparoscopy.
I have a copay each time I’m seen
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The only issue I had [with CNY Fertility] was more with the report on my embryos. I didn’t receive a call about how my embryos were doing on Day 5 before they were frozen. But I was able to message the embryology team and got a response within 24 hours and was given the information I needed...I spent more than those who live closer because I was a travel patient. This meant that my monitoring was done locally so the cost was higher than it would have been if I had gone to CNY for monitoring.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think CNY does an amazing job at making us feel like we are family. They have never made it seem like we are just a number, or an amount in their pockets. They tailor the protocol to each patient and they don’t batch their patients. They work around our cycles so that they aren’t manipulating our bodies any more than they have to. They are very open and explain to you what they think would be best for you when it comes to the protocol or whether to do a fresh or frozen transfer. But at the same time, they are open to listening to what you feel and think. They will change your protocol of it doesn’t work the first time instead of trying the same thing over and over. They are open to the new techniques and technology and are always learning more. They also believe in a holistic approach combined with the IVF treatment. There are times with the communication isn’t the best or it’s hard to reach the nurse staff due to the number of patients they do see. It can get frustrating at times too. However, I felt this communication issue was no different than I experienced with the past 2 fertility doctors I dealt with.
Every time I spoke with him or anyone of the staff member, they knew who I was and what my history was. I never felt like I had to explain things multiple times or remind them of what my protocol was.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Zigler )
I have been coordinating with kris for the protocol and after each monitoring appointment. When I have questions, she is the one I go to. I am a travel patient so my monitoring is done locally as opposed to being done there. However, Kris has still been a huge roll in making sure the results are in on time and that I received instructions the same day. There were times that I felt the communication could have been better but for the most part, I am very pleased with Kris and how hard she works. I dealt with another nurse the day of retrieval and her name was Deanna, not sure last name. She was amazing and made sure I was comfortable at all times. I was super nervous and she made a point to check on my frequently and made conversation to take my mind off of the procedure. She made the ER so much easier to get through.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz has been very open with us on what to expect. He has given out his personal cell number so that we can reach him anytime, no matter what. He opens himself up to help us with anything. He lets us be a part of the process every step of the way. He even does live chats where he answers questions, every couple weeks. I had another doctor do my retrieval (Dr. Corley) and Dr. Kiltz still stopped in my room before I left, to make sure everything went well and to see how I was doing. He cares about each of his patients and wants to do everything he can to help us become parents. I love that he goes to training seminars to learn more about advanced technology or new techniques to help each of us. He doesn’t give everyone the same protocol and expect it to work. He sits down and figures out what would work best for us and our particular fertility issues.
I would say to be willing to listen and be open about what you want. Dr. Kiltz wants to hear what you think or how you feel about certain things. Be prepared to be a part of the process, an advocate for yourself. He wants you to be involved.
I have not done a transfer with Dr. Kiltz yet, we are preparing for that very soon (a few weeks). For my Egg Retrieval, I was on 300u gonal-f and 150u menopur for 9 days. My trigger was 10,000u of pregnal as well as a double lupron trigger. I also took cetrotide to prevent ovulation before the trigger. I took a z-pak to prevent infection. I was also on LDN (3mg starting the month before stims), as well as prenatal, vitamin D (5000mg), and inositol. For transfer we will be doing PIO, endometrin, prograf, crione, baby aspirin, estradiol, zpak, LDN, prenatal, vitamin D, inositol, and will be doing an intralipids infusion before transfer. I am also taking levothyroxine due to hypothyroidism. The LDN is used to help with inflammation. The intralipids is used to prevent NK cells from causing a miscarriage.
I spent more than those who live closer because I was a travel patient. This meant that my monitoring was done locally so the cost was higher than it would have been if I had gone to CNY for monitoring. I also had to pay for travel expenses like gas and hotel stays. As for the clinic themselves, the only cost I had with them was the IVF fee of $3900 (out of pocket price). I also went to them for preconception testing and spent around $900. My total costs were around $10,000 which still was about $10,000-15,000 cheaper than any of the clinics where I live.
I have not done a transfer yet. But I do know that he bases the number of embryos transferred on the patient. The grade of the embryos, age of the patient, number of previous miscarriages, etc are all weighed in for his decision.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
The clinic [CNY] is very busy, I have never had any problems.. They were always very accommodating...I was a travel patient so we communicated thru the patient portal via internet.. Everytime I sent an email it was always answered by next day.. when I was in the office all the nurses were always nice and friendly.. I had medicine delivered there while I was there for transfer they went out of there way to locate it when it was late.. No bad experience with anyone
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy, I have never had any problems.. They were always very accommodating even for my husband when he wanted a massage they worked him in when I was there.. I have heard some people have issues..
I was a travel patient to there office, every question I had was always answered on time and when I was in there office DRKiltz and his staff alway took there time and were friendly.. My local RE I felt like a number and they just wanted my money..DR Kiltz has made his personal number accessible to help with any concerns
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Cny is a busy facility,but for each transfer he always took his time to come talk to me before the procedure and after.. One day me and my husband saw him walking thru the office and he stopped and talked to us like a friend and not a patient.. He does live video chats on fb to answer any questions you might have.. He explains ways to help and what he Turkey believes in.. He is like a regular person not just a DR..
He is very passionate for the ivf field, and do your research but take all of his advice especially on the keto
Bring this is my first ivf cycle I was on the standard protocol..Gonal 300 units daily,Lipton. Centroid,primed with omnitrope for 12 days prior to help with egg quality.. transfer-prednisone 10 mg daily, ldn 3mg daily, baby aspirin,estrace, endometrin.. when that failed we added in lovenox- and neuprogen for more of an immune protocol..
The cost for ivf there is $3900 that’s why I choose cny in the beginning.. I spent about $1200 on meds, travel expenses varied, I did hcg was-$100, embryo glue-100, intralipids infusion-$100
Cny lets you do what you prefer but explains the risks
IVF, Donor Eggs
3900 for a single IVF , 9000 with known donor, 4000 for 4 add on donor eggs [at CNY Fertility]...Very nice facility in Syracuse. They have a lovely spa. The entire place is relaxing and welcoming. It is decorated beautifully. They have coffee and water to drink if you get thirsty. They offer acupuncture and massage. They can do simple surgeries there too. Like remove a tube or ovary. The prices cannot be beat. They offer financing as well up to two years. You will love it there.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I wasnt ignored like other clinics I spoke with, or actually "didnt" speak with. They are super kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Sudik)
she answered my questions promptly. Helped me with anything i needed and was very nice. there was one that was of no help and her name was Katlyn Flint.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is a very kind and compassionate doctor that really cares about people more than his paycheck. He is good at what he does. He gives out his personal cell number to patients and we can contact him anytime which is a rarity these days. He got me pregnant and although I miscarried I am confident that next time will be the one that takes for the nine month long haul. He is wonderful.
Try not too worry to much and if it doesnt work the first time, dont give up hope. Sometimes it takes a few tries.
I was on the immune protocol which included, Prograf, Estrance, Progestrone (shots and suppositories), Lovenox, Prednisone, Pregnyl, Asprin, Vitamins, and another thing I took before transfer that started with a C. It was like 4 pills. I stayed in bed for 2 days after transfer even though Kiltz doesnt recommend it. I caught a bad cold the day of my transfer.
3900 for a single IVF , 9000 with known donor, 4000 for 4 add on donor eggs. Lowest prices in the field.
Usually they like to do one if you are using a young donor but I insisted on 2.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
I think they [CNY] know what they are doing, their pricing is affordable compared to most clinics. The only downside is that they have a lot of patients so it can feel at times like you are just a number. I think this also comes with being an out of town patient....Everyone at the clinic is very nice and supportive even though we do out of town monitoring so we only see them when we are there for a procedure.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think they know what they are doing, their pricing is affordable compared to most clinics. The only downside is that they have a lot of patients so it can feel at times like you are just a number. I think this also comes with being an out of town patient.
I love the nursing staff. They are all helpful and friendly
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very nice and competent, however, since we are out of town I have only met him twice when he was performing my egg retrevials. A different doctor did my frozen embryo transfer. I have had a phone consultation with another doctor after our failed frozen embryo transfer and he was very helpful. He suggested adding new medications . He also went over a plan of our second transfer fails.
If you are out of town know that you can schedule free phone consultations with the doctors at CNY and I would recommend it
I was on a high doses of Gonal and menopur since I have a low ovarian reserve at 33. They also had me take human growth hormone the month before and during my ivf cycles to boost my egg production. They are suggesting raising the amount of gonal if we do a third IVF cycle. My partner had two PESAs
3,900 for one ivf cycle including free transfers for a year. Doesn’t include monitoring which is approximately 800 for IVF. (Not sure for FET) and doesn’t include meds. 1100 for PESA. We did not do monitoring with them because we live out of state
They let us transfer 2 high grade embryos the first time and for our second transfer we are going to transfer 3 three day embryos ( 2 good and one fair)
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I have one nurse [at CNY-Syracuse] in particular that I absolutely love! She’s very organized and very communicative! I always prefer to work with Greta but when she’s not there it seems things are a bit chaotic and communication is lacking.... We wanted to try my own eggs first since we were turned down by one Dr. Dr Kiltz totally agreed. We had 2 failed cycles and decide to move to donor eggs. First donor fet we used the standard drugs and had bfn. Second attempt we tried a natural cycle with less Meds and had chemical. I believe less Meds for my body works better.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The overall clinic experience is wonderful. It’s more like a spa then a clinic. Very tranquil and relaxing. Everyone is very friendly, comforting and welcoming. I’ve always gone to the Syracuse office and we drive over 11 hours to get there.
Dr Kiltz is the most caring medical person I’ve ever encountered. He gives his personal cell phone number out to call with anything at any time. He respects my thoughts and ideas and is willing to try anything if it means bringing home a baby. I love that he didn’t turn us away just because of age.
I have one nurse in particular that I absolutely love! She’s very organized and very communicative! I always prefer to work with Greta but when she’s not there it seems things are a bit chaotic and communication is lacking.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a very compassionate person. Had called me after my chemical pregnancy on a Sunday to check in to see how I was doing. He makes himself readily available by giving out his cell number in case there are questions or concerns. He won’t turn anyone away and his main goal is making ivf affordable so everyone has the opportunity to become parents.
Research about different treatments and be your own advocate. He’s very open to any and all ideas.
Since I’m a travel patient I do all of my monitoring locally then results are faxed to CNY.
Very affordable even with travel expenses
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Everything is basically amazing there [at CNY Fertility Center]. Sometimes it can be a little bit of a wait, but it's definitely worth it. I'm so glad I'm able to go through this journey with an amazing facility. It is very clean and very peaceful there. It's almost like you aren't waiting in a doctor's office to be seen. They definitely know how to make you at home...They are very professional, compassionate and caring. They listen to your concerns and address them very professionally.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Everything is basically amazing there. Sometimes it can be a little bit of a wait, but it's definitely worth it. I'm so glad I'm able to go through this journey with an amazing facility. It is very clean and very peaceful there. It's almost like you aren't waiting in a doctor's office to be seen. They definitely know how to make you at home.
They are very professional and knowledgeable. They address your concerns and will sit there and explain a-z. They are very caring and sympathetic.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Very kind and trustworthy. I really haven't gotten the time to do a proper meet and greet with him. I have been able to have everything done with the nurses at the facility. He does prescribe my medication and if I had any questions I would be able to contact him with any concerns or a member of the staff could help me.
I first started off work metformin 500mg 2x daily. I had to have a lapro to drill my ovaries, remove endometriosis and check my tubes. My husband and I tried to convince naturally but it did not work out. Finally I was put on Letrozole 2.5 mg 2x daily for 5 days, went back on my CD 14 no improvement for ovulation. Did Letrozole again starting that day for 5 days. Went back 5 days later and had confirmed ovulation, currently in the two week wait until I go back for a blood test. I am taking progesterone 200mg capsule vaginally 2x daily. It's expensive when insurance doesn't cover fertility.
The cost is roughly sitting at 3000.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
I often had to call them [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] if I hadn’t heard from them by 4:30 and see if my labs were received, and I would be told they were not (despite my monitoring center swearing they’ve been sent multiple times) and have to track them down and have them resent. Many times I wouldn’t get results till the next business day. I’ve had to wait over the weekend for beta results done on a Friday. It was very frustrating for sure.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Absolutely beautiful clinic, I loved the atmosphere and the effort that was put into keeping patients calm and relaxed. I would absolutely recommend their facility. The healing arts side even offers regular spa treatments! I felt so pampered the day of embryo transfer.
I do feel that at times, the patient load is higher than it should be, because I often had to advocate for my own care (noticing errors in medication instructions, ensuring my lab results were being inputted into my portal) but when you’re face to face with the doctors and nurses, they do show genuine care and compassion that I never received elsewhere.
The nurses are very kind and compassionate during appointments and procedures. However, you will have to stay up on them if you want to receive your stat results same day. I often had to call them if I hadn’t heard from them by 4:30 and see if my labs were received, and I would be told they were not (despite my monitoring center swearing they’ve been sent multiple times) and have to track them down and have them resent. Many times I wouldn’t get results till the next business day. I’ve had to wait over the weekend for beta results done on a Friday. It was very frustrating for sure.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is genuine and caring, his bedside manner is remarkable. I do we could have seen him more during treatment and had more time to discuss things. I also wished we spent less time talking about the Keto diet and more about my history and treatment plan during my initial consult.
He does have different approaches, and they are successful, but definitely take the time to advocate for yourself and speak up if you have any concerns or questions!
150 Gonal F, 75 Menopur. I have PCOS and high AMH. We retrieved just over 30 eggs, and froze 15 embryos on day 5. We did a FET in the following cycle.
He definitely recommends transferring one embryo.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
$3900 for IVF with ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo storage for 1 year. $250 for frozen transfer $50 for HCG wash [costs at CNY Fertility Center]...They take a whole mind/body approach and incorporate diet, immune protocols, Eastern medicine etc. They don't turn anyone away. They make it affordable for everyone. The same IVF with ICSI and assisted hatching would cost over $30,000 in Minnesota vs. the $3,900 it costs at CNY.
European, Other, Prefer not to answer
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is a huge clinic and we are travel patients but I still felt like I could email, message, or even call/text him whenever I needed to because he gives out his cell phone number to patients. He also does live Facebook chats where you can ask questions and continually does research and brings in new ideas.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta and Brenley)
All of the travel team was amazing. Especially Greta and Brenley.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is absolutely amazing. He gives patients his cell phone number. He does Facebook live chats where you can ask him questions. He incorporates Eastern medicine ideas, diets, and full body/mind health in his treatment plans. He makes treatment affordable and doesn't turn anyone away.
GO SEE HIM!
Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, zpak, prednisone, Lupron, LDN, Prograf, estrace, prometrium, PiO, baby aspirin, cleocin etc. I have PCOS so we did 150 Follistim with 75 Menopur for 10 days, triggered with Lupron at 36 & 24 hours before retrieval. Retrieved 29 eggs. Did a freeze all cycle. 16 made it freeze. Came back the next month for transfer. Did and HCG wash and acupuncture. Transferred 2- 4AA embryos and am pregnant!
I am a travel patient so I monitored at my local ob/gyn
He let us transfer 2 embryos because I'm 34.
SYRACUSE
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center-Hamburg] is extremely clean, relaxing, and beautiful. It is designed ideally for creating a calm environment where anyone would feel relaxed. I did not find any weaknesses. I really enjoyed my visit each time I have gone, even when I have been nervous.... He advised that if we went with ivf, it would be around $850 for testing, $3000 for meds that would need to be paid up front, and $4000 for the extraction and transfer which could be spread out over 1-2 years. The nurse talked to me about compassionate care.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely clean, relaxing, and beautiful. It is designed ideally for creating a calm environment where anyone would feel relaxed. I did not find any weaknesses. I really enjoyed my visit each time I have gone, even when I have been nervous.
Dr Arroyo listened to us, what we want, and answered our questions. He did not talk over us, make us feel stupid, or give us false hope. He explained everything from potential options to finances. His answers were not cookie cutter and they felt honest and personal.
I have never had a bad experience with any of the nurses there. Everyone has been extremely nice and understanding. They show compassion and do not make me feel stupid or a burden. They have never rushed me through my appointments.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
We are in the very beginning stages and have only been to the clinic a couple of times but each time was great. The clinic itself was nice and the dr was great. He did my ultrasound and testing and was fantastic. He assured me the whole way, kept me updated, and asked if I was ok multiple times throughout the process which really made me feel better.
Have all your questions ready but don’t be afraid to ask more. They will all be answered and answered honestly. You will not feel lied to or made to feel like you are there only to financial profit the dr. He works with you and understands the process. Listen to him!
Dr Arroyo requested my husband see a urologist and that I have an ultrasound to show if my tubes were open. He wanted to make sure that I was not an additional factor. He believed my husband needed additional testing due to his extremely low sperm count. He offered options for us such as freezing sperm now.
HAMBURG
[at CNY-Latham] $3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash... We used gonal and Menopur to help stimulate my follicles to grow. After 3 ultrasounds and bloodwork. They gave me Ganirelix so my folliculles would not release. Once they were the correct size they adviced me to take trigger shot to release the eggs. They put me under and removed the eggs. Starting that day they injected the eggs with my husbands sperm and watched them over 5 days. On day 5 they told me the rate of the eggs. We chose 2 eggs to put in which took 30 minutes. After I layed down for 15 minutes and then rested the next two day.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes communication is not the best. Never feel like you can’t call or email them with every question you have. Stay in touch and ask lots of questions. They have been doing this a long time so sometimes they may not explain things in super details. If you don’t hear back from them call them.
I didn’t get to meet him anytime prior to the transfer but when he came in he had my specific information and based our treatment off of all our details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey)
Although they are extremely busy they always got back to me in a timely manor.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.
Understand that he isn’t being rude when he explains things he is just making sure you truly understand the risk and benefits of the procedure.
$3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash
3 IUI, 7 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [CNY-Buffalo]has been amazing. It is welcoming and has all the ammenities and top knotch equipment. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
European, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
3 IUI, 7 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has been amazing. It is welcoming and has all the ammenities and top knotch equipment. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
Dr. Arroyo really took the time to understand is, our history, and what has worked and hasn't. He also has helped us understand our journey better, and put an actionable plan in place of what can be done better & differently in order to achieve m maximum success.
All of the nurses that work with Dr. Arroyo have been amazing. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Arroyo is a very compassionate doctor, who has made my husband and I very comfortable with the process and hopeful of our desired results. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure to go over every detail with us. He has always been available to answer any questions that we may have had. Our situation has been very complex, with many roadblocks and a long history of unsuccessful transfers. We switched to him because of referrals of friends and wanted to feel as if we mattered and our situation was special. He made us feel as if we were his focus and his only patients, each and every time we worked with him! He's simply amazing!
To be prepared with all the questions that you may have for him, as he will certainly take the time to answer them all and make sure that you are comfortable with the steps that he puts in place.
Well, we are in the very earliest stages of working with him, but so far, he thoroughly has gone through our history, what has worked and hasn't. He discovered that I had damaged fallopian tubes and fibroids that were causing my miscarriages and suggested that I have them removed. Due to that advice, the doctors discovered that I had the very earliest stage of cancer on one of my ovaries, so I had that removed as well, which very well could have saved my life, down the road. We are going to be doing the hormones and injections this month, in order to retrieve eggs, to make embryos. He did a lot of bloodwork, looking for genetic factors, that hasn't been done in the past, by other doctors. He checked my husband's sperm, and also suggested genetic testing on the embryos, when we do make them. He has been thorough with my healing process of my 2 surgeries, making sure that my uterus and lining healed properly and that it will provide for the best possible outcome in this procedure.
Costs were average and/or below average compared to other doctors that we've seen. The nice thing about CNY-Buffalo is that they allow you to do a payment plan, which has afforded us the opportunity to do these ivf procedures considering our financial status. It has been a tremendous blessing!
We haven't gotten to the point of actual embryo transfer, with him, yet, however, he has stated that if I have really good looking embryos that he wouldn't be opposed to multiple transfers (due to my age) and freezing any that I have left, for future possible dates.
HAMBURG
It [CNY - Syracuse] was wonderful.... def not a clinic full but more like a spa feel.... I love how it’s so warm and cozy rather than normal doc office set up. They offer massages and accupunctire as well as have a uterus 😂 hot tub to sit and relax by.... the music is so calming... I even noticed the lighting is much more dim which gives us calming feel.... Everyone was so great! You can tell it isn’t just a job for them and they love what they do.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It was wonderful.... def not a clinic full but more like a spa feel.... I love how it’s so warm and cozy rather than normal doc office set up. They offer massages and accupunctire as well as have a uterus 😂 hot tub to sit and relax by.... the music is so calming... I even noticed the lighting is much more dim which gives us calming feel..... my biggest thing for new patients would def just take it one day at a time..... always stay focused on in your end goal.... and Dr Kiltz and his staff Is amazing and you r def in good hands!
Our cycle didn’t go as planned and Kiltz will randomly call to check on us..... or call and say ok are we about ready to get the ball rolling again.... he honestly is genuinely concerned and his only goal is getting Bring home babies for his clients! He def was a God send for us.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Everything about Dr Kiltz has been amazing.... from the random calls (after he has already left the office for the day) to check in since our cycle didn’t go well.... or calling w a pep talk.... he Has such a huge heard and is geunianlly concerned about each client and getting us our bring home baby..... he has def been a God send for us! Can’t wait to cycle again... hopefully in the near future
Take one day at a time..... this journey is a lot... but keep your end goal always in the front of your mind..... once you get your bring home baby it will all Be worth it.
I was on the immune protocol and had gonal cetrotide menopur lupron baby aspirin Ldn vitamins..my next cycle he changed up a bit tho🙏🏻🙏🏻
The cost honestly is what made this possible as I don’t have insurance. In our home state in was 20,000$ if it works it works and if not pay it all again when @ CNY for cash payments it was only 3900$ plus Meds and monitoring.... even after traveling it was less than 10,000$ which is half.... and the doctor and team was amazing(def didn’t have the same vibe w my last RE) And they make it even more affordable by allowing payments to be made for up to 2 years w a small convience charge. And our next cycle he is waving a fee for us as our last cycle didn’t go well at all..... he has such a huge heart!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
I worked with the staff in Rochester. Meagan is the nurse who I remember working with the most frequently. I would go in as early as 7 some days and she was always so friendly and warm and welcoming.... It [CNY- Rochester] is so calm and welcoming and nothing like other dr offices. No weaknesses. We never had an issue going there and the location is great! A new patient is incredibly lucky to be going there. Their cafe is wonderful and there are great books to read while you wait (and you can purchase if you enjoy them)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
BEAUTIFUL!! And it’s only getting nicer (recent additions). It is so calm and welcoming and nothing like other dr offices. No weaknesses. We never had an issue going there and the location is great! A new patient is incredibly lucky to be going there. Their cafe is wonderful and there are great books to read while you wait (and you can purchase if you enjoy them)
Not only was I treated like a human, I felt like I was a member of his family! He spoke to me like he truly cared and also wanted me to understand everything. Greeted me with a hug every time!
I worked with the staff in Rochester. Meagan is the nurse who I remember working with the most frequently. I would go in as early as 7 some days and she was always so friendly and warm and welcoming. I never felt nervous. She helped take the stress out of the process!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
So incredibly kind and compassionate. Very passionate about the work he does. Truly just wants to help people! When I first met him, I was referred by his colleague Dr arroyo, and I was in tears thinking about how I might never have a baby and thinking of the experience I had (5 miscarriages) and my previous providers declining to help. They told me to stop trying to have a baby at one point cause they couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Dr Kiltz on the day I met him took his time, answered my questions, smiled continuously, and told me that in 1 year I would be pregnant or have a baby in my arms, he guaranteed it. And he was right :0)
You are in good hands, trust his advice. He will try until he makes things happen.
*intralipids used to suppress my immune system. I had intralipids done the day after each IUI and a week after (around implantation). Once I had a positive pregnancy test, I went weekly. *acupuncture I did once a week while preparing for IUI (ended up being for around 7 months or so) and continued through 20 weeks of pregnancy. *lovenox twice daily once we started prepping for IUI cycle and continued through pregnancy due to recurrent pregnancy loss and clotting issues and MTHFR. *endometrium 3x daily after IUI to help with progesterone *prednisone with each IUI cycle to help with immune system *femara and trigger for cycles 1-2 for follicle development *gonal f and trigger for cycles 3-4 for follicle development
I don’t remember exact figures but my insurance covered a large portion and all medications were covered and had a copay
I trusted any decision he made and his approach to my treatment
ROCHESTER
I understand they [the nursing staff at CNY-Syracuse] see so many people a day that it’s hard to keep people straight. They were all great in person but had a few when they called about results were not so great. You just have to read everything and make sure your med list is what you had talked to the dr about. You really have to be your own advocate... The receptionists are awesome! The clinic is very welcoming and clean. Just be prepared for the amount of people that could be in the waiting room at any given time. You really are not alone and sometimes walking in is a little overwhelming.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The receptionists up at the front desk knew my name. I had a different nurse every time I went and had to look over all med lists and what blood was being drawn to make sure they were doing what I needed. Sometimes felt like they didn’t read my chart before they came in the room.
I understand they see so many people a day that it’s hard to keep people straight. They were all great in person but had a few when they called about results were not so great. You just have to read everything and make sure your med list is what you had talked to the dr about. You really have to be your own advocate
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
On all but 1 interaction with him was great. He is very compassionate and I believe he knows what he is doing. The follow up calls he was late but didn’t cut it short and answered all of my questions. He did the last embryo transfer I did that resulted in a bfn and that was the one experience that wasn’t good. He was running late and when he came in he rushed through everything and left there thinking that it wasn’t going to take. The rest I don’t have complaints about.
Make sure you get all of the information up front and know what the complete process is.
I believe the protocol was his normal one for the egg retrieval. I couldn’t donfresh because my numbers were too high. Then I did two frozen and they were the normal protocol (PIO, Estrace, aspirin, Progesterone, Prograf). Then did the surgery for endometriosis and found none. Then the third and last transfer was most of his immune protocol (all meds above plus neupogen, lovenox, and intralipids). He said if I do another cycle I should do a mini IVF and hopefully do fresh and he would include ldn as well.
The first cycle we were able to get compassionate care. For us it was $3900 including meds but then it cost around another $5000 with monitoring, blood work, ultrasounds, procedures, etc. this time it’s $3900 plus around $5000 in meds plus any FET fees if needed.
SYRACUSE
The only weakness of the CNY Fertility office in Rochester is that it needs to expand like the Syracuse office! Everything else about it was amazing. The massages, acupuncture, yoga, all are onsite and available for you to take advantage of. The location is super convenient. The availability of appointments despite being so busy was amazing. The calmness washes over you when you enter this building.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz was carrying a heavy workload but you would never know it with the way he treated you like you were his only patient.
My primary interactions at the clinic were with nursing staff the entire time. I rarely saw the doctors. I do not have one bad thing to say about them. The entire staff was compassionate and at each appointment that I had with different nurses they all knew what was going on with me even though the clinic was super busy. They made the right suggestions, calmed my nerves and were the absolute best medical staff I have ever dealt with.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The only negative with Dr. Kiltz is sometimes he explained things a little to fast. Otherwise, he was awesome to work with. Always full of positivity and energy. He made you feel like you were his only patient.
Ask questions if you don't understand what he is saying.
I rarely saw Dr. Kiltz through treatment but he was the one who set the overall protocol. Start with Femara, then Femara and trigger shot, then IUI then IVF. He made me feel like there were always other options if one failed.
Each visit at the clinic I had to pay $20 copay. For my IUI cycles most of the drugs were covered by my prescription insurance. For the IVF cycles, most of the drugs were partially covered or not covered by insurance. For the IVF egg retrieval and embryo transfer we paid $3,900 for the year. For sperm freeze for 1 year it is $350. For embryo freeze for one year it is $350. The total cost with prescription copays for my IVF treatment which resulted in single live birth was approx. $8,000 all in.
No, really the nurses were the one who recommended single embryo transfer based on my age. I said I only wanted single embryo transfer and they totally agreed with me.
None, Other
My experience with the nursing staff [at CNY Fertility Center-Syracuse] was great, the nurses were always compassionate and always prompt to return a call. Only once did I have a call from someone who did not read my chart entirely prior to calling me and that resulted in an awkward moment but no harm done.... One thing I think can improve the patients experience with the clinic is perhaps having assigned nurses to each patient. While all the nurses are great it would be nice to develop a standing relationship with a one nurse. One nurse to know who I am and what I am doing along the way.
None, Other
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic overall, is big and is staffed well enough to treat the amount of patients that the clinic treats. My experience has been great but I know not everyone can say the same. One thing I think can improve the patients experience with the clinic is perhaps having assigned nurses to each patient. While all the nurses are great it would be nice to develop a standing relationship with a one nurse. One nurse to know who I am and what I am doing along the way.
Dr. Kiltz is a man with great compassion. He provided me his cell phone number so I was able to call or text him whenever I had a question or concern. He also allowed me to be involved in creating my treatment plan. For example, if I heard of a medication that I wanted to try, he listened.
My experience with the nursing staff was great, the nurses were always compassionate and always prompt to return a call. Only once did I have a call from someone who did not read my chart entirely prior to calling me and that resulted in an awkward moment but no harm done.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I absolutely adore Dr. Kiltz! I love how he cares more about his patient than the money. He really advocates for infertility. Before hearing of CNY I thought I would never be able to afford IVF but Dr. Kiltz makes sure everyone can afford treatment even if he means utilizing a payment plan. He dedicates all of his time to his craft and will make sure his patients are happy so long as he can help it. I specifically remember a Saturday morning when I was feeling very down having just been diagnosed with a blighted ovum. I had sent him a text message expressing my concern over whether or not I’d ever have a chance to be pregnant and on that very morning while he was off from work he called me and comforted me and told me as long as I wasn’t giving up neither was he. That moment truly touched my heart.
I would say you will be in good hands, just trust the process!
I had did a immune protocol, using lovenox, baby aspirin, intralipids, i stunned with 225 gonal f and 75iu of menopur. I stimmed for 9 days and retrieved on the 11th day. Everything went perfect as I wound up with 22 eggs retrieved and 15 embryos!
My bill so far with CNY cape up to $5,425 with the cycle and extras I added for transfer
Dr. Kiltz will allow you to have a say in how many you’d like to transfer but ultimately he decides what is best based on age and/or any conditions and history.
SYRACUSE
I traveled from out of town [to CNY Fertility Center-Syracuse] and was fearful of the monitoring times. The staff made it easy for me to come when I can, even if it was on a Saturday. There were never long waits or long lines of people. It was a fabulous experience.... Some nurses were better than others (as far as drawing blood and administering intralipids, etc.) but the whole nursing staff is compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and inviting. For a few moments you may forget why you are there. It is spa-like and creates a calming environment during this stressful time. While there, you can attend trainings (ex. Keto diet), get a massage or get accupuncture. The lab is set up in a central location. The lab is surrounded by glass windows which allow you to look at at the employees who are hard at work.
Dr. Kiltz has a calming yet energetic and positive way of making you feel like you matter as a human.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a tremendous doctor. I went to him for IVF because not only are his costs affordable but his kind and helpful reputation is known across the world. He does have a lot of patients and I imagine it may be hard for him to keep up but he does his job flawlessly and gives his all to each and every patient. He is a wonderful doctor.
Advice I would give potential patients of Dr. Kiltz is to be open-minded. Follow his advice and be open to his ideas.
Dr. Kiltz did a strong dosage of medicines for me as I am 37 years old with no children. He and the nurses explained the medicines along the way and I had no questions regarding them.
I traveled from out of town and was fearful of the monitoring times. The staff made it easy for me to come when I can, even if it was on a Saturday. There were never long waits or long lines of people. It was a fabulous experience.
As far as I can recall, the IVF process costs $3,900 including monitoring.
SYRACUSE
Be prepared to advocate for yourself. Since there is a high volume of patients [at CNY-Syracuse], you must know your protocol and understand the process. You can’t rely on Dr. Kiltz to walk you through each and every step because with his number of patients that would be impossible....Strengths is that is an extremely well kept and modern facility, as well as being low cost. Weakness is that you must advocate for yourself and know what steps need to be taken because you are more of a number to them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I felt somewhat like a number but I had expected that. I knew I was going to a clinic with a high volume of patients and that I would be dealing primarily with the nurses. So although I was treated more as a number, I was okay with that and had expected it.
The nursing staff was very good and knowledgeable. You dealt mostly with different nurses each time you call, but they were always able to open your file and help.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I thought Dr. Kiltz was extremely nice and had the patients best interest in mind. After my transfer, he held our hands and said a prayer with us, which showed that he really cared. I was extremely happy with the care and outcome I received while being a patient of Dr. Kiltz
Be prepared to advocate for yourself. Since there is a high volume of patients, you must know your protocol and understand the process. You can’t rely on Dr. Kiltz to walk you through each and every step because with his number of patients that would be impossible.
Dr. Kiltz decided that we could just straight to An IVF cycle which i was very happy about. I had previously done 4 rounds of Clomid, 2 IUIs with injetibles, had a HSG test, and had done a laparoscopy. Given this information, he agreed with my desire to try IVF.
The costs were amazing and affordable. CNY is one of the lowest cost providers in the country but still provide exceptional care.
My doctor recommend that we transfer my only 2 remaining embryos. All of the others had arrested the day before my transfer was scheduled, and the two that were left were graded a poor quality at 1bb each.
SYRACUSE
The clinic is very clean and modernized compared to another local clinic. It’s very inviting and home feeling compared to feeling like a doctors office. The clinic is very helpful and knowledgeable in this field. If they didn’t know an answer right away at a visit, they would follow up via email or phone after with the response.... The entire nursing staff at the Buffalo location was wonderful and very knowledgeable.... All the nursing staff was compassionate and always happy at both locations
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and modernized compared to another local clinic. It’s very inviting and home feeling compared to feeling like a doctors office. The clinic is very helpful and knowledgeable in this field. If they didn’t know an answer right away at a visit, they would follow up via email or phone after with the response. I would recommend this clinic to new patients in the fertility field over the other local clinic after having been to both. They are much more advanced on their line of care.
I was previously a patient of another local fertility clinic and felt like a number, which in turn made me try CNY. Upon meeting with Dr Arryo, I was impressed. So I scheduled care and saw Dr. Klitz going forward for treatment. He was very compassionate and positive. Explaining everything very detailed and in a manner like I was his friend almost. Very impressed over the many years of seeing another specialist for fertility and never being talked to in that manner. Highly recommmend Dr Kiltz
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris )
The entire nursing staff at the Buffalo location was wonderful and very knowledgeable. My primary nurse Kris was the one to lead my care until I saw Dr Kiltz at the Syracuse location. All the nursing staff was compassionate and always happy at both locations
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz was very compassionate at a time of uncertainty during and before egg retrieval. He was very positive and reassuring during egg transfer. He explained each procedure in full before they were preformed. He preformed both retrieval and egg transfer. He met with both my husband and myself regarding results and explained in a manner we understood, not doctor terms. I would seek his care again in the future if trying to conceive
To follow his instructions and give him your trust. He knows what he is talking about and has a vast knowledge of his field. His knowledge produces positive results. And to be patient. He will get you to your goal
Dr Klitz recommmed a injectable cycle for egg retrieval upon having 11 previous IUIs at another clinic with no results. He recommmeded a low immune therapy as I have RA. Upon retrieval the mature egg numbers where high resulting in 26 retrieved. We froze 7 day 5 blastocysts as he said higher positive results come of that route. We transferred the next cycle after unfreezing 2 day 5s..resulting in two taking intially. We lost one due to it being unhealthy after implantation (downs syndrome, etc after having amniocentesis) but one resulted in a full term birth with no health issues as of now at 3mths old.
Costs were very attainable compared to the other local clinic with our medical insurance helping with medicine costs to some extent.
2013 - 2017
When you walk in you feel like you are at a spa. The calming music, friendly staff and beautiful atmosphere would take so much of my anxiety away whenever I walked in. They were helpful, kind and compassionate from talking about financial responsibilities to initial diagnosis and treatment planning to making appointments that were convenient for me....I believe it was approximately $4000 a cycle along with prescriptions.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you walk in you feel like you are at a spa. The calming music, friendly staff and beautiful atmosphere would take so much of my anxiety away whenever I walked in. They were helpful, kind and compassionate from talking about financial responsibilities to initial diagnosis and treatment planning to making appointments that were convenient for me. Exam rooms are calming and comfortable as well as whenever I had a procedure. The patient portal made seeing and understanding any test results so much easier. And all the additional supports such as groups, yoga, massage and acupuncture at the same location are just an amazing bonus. I can’t say enough positives.
Dr. Kiltz is an amazing man and doctor. Not only did he give us hope and confidence that we could make our dreams come true he encouraged us to never give up by giving us all the knowledge and supports that were available. From educating us on the problem, what was under our control, diet, yoga, acupuncture and hope. We could not have asked for a better doctor or kinder person to be part of our journey. He gave us our baby girl and we could never repay him.
Outstanding. Although there were many, they always seemed to remember me and no matter how early I came in they had smiles. Whenever I had concerns they were kind and compassionate. And it was just amazing how efficient and knowledgeable they were. It was so hard juggling a full time teaching job 30 minutes away and to have to go into early morning doctors appointments several times a week. I never had to wait or worry that I wouldn’t make it to work on tine.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz made our dreams come true and made a very difficult journey bearable. He is an amazing man whose energy and positivity are contagious. He gave us the strength not to give up and the hope we needed to keep going through all the difficult days. I owe my world to Dr. Kiltz and I will never forget the hug he gave me the day my daughter was transferred. We were blessed to have him in our life.
Prepare your self as it will be difficult. Medications and shots and blood draws and exams and appointments after appointments. And disappointments... But don’t ever give up and embrace the knowledge and advice Dr. Kiltz has to share. He knows his stuff and his integrity and love for what he does will be obvious as he wants you to find happiness just as much you do.
Because my there appeared to be problems with my tubes and my age Dr. Kiltz then began IVF treatment. I would come in every few days, very early before work for blood draws and exams to see how medications were working. Everything seemed to go fine and the we would have retrieval’s where embryos would be made. Then transfers. The first two transfer did not work. The third I had to embryos transferred and one took! And we were blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl.
I believe it was approximately $4000 a cycle along with prescriptions. I do know they had payment plans and specific deals if you wanted more then one cycle.
For us , we were happy with trying two at a time. The doctor discussed with us about single transfer. And at one transfer that was all we had. He said “ all it takes is one.” One or two was not a concern as we would have been just as happy with multiples. But he did let us know that sometimes a single transfer was more successful.
SYRACUSE
The staff [at CNY] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened) and nurses gave conflicting information on what was happening and what it meant for my next cycle....The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz. In retrospect, maybe we need to be driving the coordination and insisting on who we saw but we didn't know what we were missing until we started to call around and get second opinions.
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse and they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very rushed and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz and his main feedback was that maybe we could've done the egg retrieval a day earlier. (At the time of trigger, I had actually asked the nurse if we were waiting too long because it was across a weekend and an extra day longer than my previous cycle but she said they had to make it Monday b/c they were not open for retrievals on Sundays.) Overall, I just felt like Dr. Kiltz and his staff had no plan that was actually based on me - everything seemed generic or “let’s try it and see”.
Be very proactive - do your own research ahead of time and ask a lot of questions. Get second opinions.
General protocol for my 2 cycles: Gonal-F (300), Menopur (150), Prednisone (5), Cetrotide (.25), Lupron trigger. Before starting my second cycle, Dr. Kiltz prescribed 3 things: keto diet, laparoscopy/hysterscopy and a 1 month priming period. When I asked if the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy were necessary or if I showed any signs for concern, he said no but it was just to rule out any risks. There were no significant issues found and in the end, I'm not sure it was necessary but I guess it ruled out other complications. The priming month included a growth hormone (Omnitrope, 6 units/day) which he said had shown great results and estrogen (2 mg/day). I ended up taking it for 6 weeks because it caused me to miss my period and when I called to ask about it, the nurses said to keep taking it and waiting... Finally, they decided to start the cycle but my results were much worse than the first - only 3 eggs retrieved even though the nurses had predicted ~10 during stimulation.
The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles. I've heard that they offer low cost options but maybe that's only when you pay out of pocket. My problem is that I asked the billing dept if I was getting close to the limit and they said "No, not even close!" I only found out through my insurance that they had reached the limit.
SYRACUSE
The staff [at CNY Fertility Center] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened in my life) and nurses gave conflicting information on what this meant for starting my next cycle...The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse but they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very brisk and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
SYRACUSE
The clinic itself is very busy and most staff seem to forget how harrowing the experience of infertility is for people. Procedures are not explained in detail...The clinic itself is gorgeous! Top of the line equipment and services... A strength of the clinic is that you never wait long to be seen...CNY didn't always post my lab results to my portal.... Some of the nurses expressed compassion while others struggled to do so. When I called, I felt I was being a nuisance and often felt rushed off the phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is gorgeous! Top of the line equipment and services. They have a beautiful aesthetic with a full spa located upstairs where you can book acupuncture and massages. The lobby is warm and inviting with nice furniture, a beautiful fireplace, and dim lighting. It is clear that Dr. Kiltz, the head of the practice, poured his heart and soul into creating these clinics. I wonder how he would feel if he discovered how they are treating clients. If you are looking for affordable IVF, then CNY is the most affordable out there. Just be prepared to be treated as a number and not as an individual. A strength of the clinic is that you never wait long to be seen. Make sure to advocate for yourself if you come here for treatment.
The clinic itself is very busy and most staff seem to forget how harrowing the experience of infertility is for people. I wasn't aware that my initial intake would be my only real in person meeting with the RE. Procedures are not explained in detail. You have to be a squeaky wheel in order to get answers from staff.
As mentioned earlier, the staff need to remember that infertility is a tough thing for couples to face. Also, they need to not assume that we have googled everything and understand the IUI or IVF processes in their entirety. It would have been nice to have a sit down with someone who would explain the procedures before they were performed, as normally occurs in the medical field. Some of the nurses expressed compassion while others struggled to do so. When I called, I felt I was being a nuisance and often felt rushed off the phone. At times, I would have to call repeatedly to get a call back. They do make an effort however to follow up when you are monitored locally, to ensure you are on track.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman is highly experienced and clearly an excellent RE. What I feel he lacks, however is warmth. It feels like he gives you the facts without really weighing in on and/or discussing your decision making. Dr. Grossman is extremely gentle with procedures. His personality is calm overall, but he is quick witted and brief in his interactions. He speaks quickly so you really have to pay attention to what he says or you might miss something.
Before going into the intake, have a list of questions prepared for him as this will likely be the only time you sit down with him. Use the patient portal to communicate with him as he is usually quick to respond to your questions if you message him. You will also be able to schedule phone calls with him.
For 5 days: Gonal F 225 IU once daily, Menopur 75 IUonce daily, Z Pak --take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone, Prednisone 5 mg--1 tablet by mouth twice daily, Prenatal Vitamin one qd--take one by mouth daily. Day 6-9: Added Cetrotide .25 mg. Day 10: Stopped all injectables and took Lupron 0.8 mg and Ovidrel 250 mcg. Day 11: Just took Prednisone and prenatal vitamins. I had the retrieval two days later. They retrieved 17 eggs total. They ICSIed 15 eggs and 3 survived to day 6 and day 7. We refused PGS testing but we consented to assisted hatching. The following month, we decided to put all three embryos in during the transfer.
I didn't monitor at CNY, I monitored locally. For the most part, the local monitoring went smoothly. There was some glitches with CNY not getting results quickly enough--I believe that happened twice. Once, the local clinic that monitored didn't accurately count my follicles, so CNY scheduled an ultrasound at their clinic before my failed IUI. CNY didn't always post my lab results to my portal.
It is $3900 for IVF with ICSI including 1 year storage of embryos and a year of FET. Meds via my own insurance company's specialty pharmacy--just paid co pays. If monitoring is done at CNY, it is an additional $875. If you go locally to your OBGYN, your insurance company pays for it. My insurance company pays for unlimited IUIs. Co pays at CNY are usually $50.
He didn't weigh in other than saying that three was the maximum that I could transfer due to my age.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
I am a travel patient [at CNY] so I use the travel team nurses. I've spoken to Becky, Kate, Greta, Donna, and Trish. They're all wonderful in their own unique ways...This clinic offers care at a self pay cost that is pretty much unbeatable. There are times when results don't get to the clinic super fast because i'm a travel patient or when I call and I get the answering machine. However, this place is significantly better to communicate with than my last RE office. The Syracuse facility is beautiful and the staff have always been so caring and wonderful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Corley always talks to his patients with knowledge and doesn't talk down to them. He's very comprehensive in his explanations and I always go away knowing so much more. At the end of our last transfer we all held hands and had a nice moment of peace and hopefulness. He's also a pretty fun guy. I think the first time I met him he fist bumped me before my retrieval. He seems to truly enjoy what he does.
I am a travel patient so I use the travel team nurses. I've spoken to Becky, Kate, Greta, Donna, and Trish. They're all wonderful in their own unique ways.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Corley is extremely knowledgeable and has no problem explaining any process or reasoning with great detail. He is kind, patient, and a very warm person. He's also realistic and forthcoming and isn't going to try to gloss over the things a patient may not want to hear.
At CNY so many people want to see Dr. Kiltz because he's the face of the clinic in so many aspects. Although Dr. Kiltz is an amazing man I feel like I received the type of care that is best for me from Dr. Corley and I prefer Dr. Corley.
My first protocol was given to me by a different doctor at the clinic. My first consult with Dr. Corley was after a failed frozen transfer with a natural cycle. He had me add Prograf to the protocol, and I was offered the option of using intralipds which I accepted.
I was a travel patient so I didn't use the monitoring at CNY. However, I will say their price for monitoring per cycle is unbeatable. I wish I could have used them but the office was too far away.
$3900 to the clinic for retrieval and all 3 transfers combined. 1 transfer was not done by Dr. Corley. I also paid approximately $5000 for medications.
The clinic now suggests 1 embryo but will do 2 if the patient insists.