Genetic counseling: Offered
Syracuse
195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?

2020
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Although I believe that he is a bright doctor and knows what he is doing, he overlooks some things such as I was taking a supplement for months that was actually worsening my PCOS. ... Dr. Mag[arelli] is very set in his ways and isn't open to suggestions. He is not always the best listener, or maybe just wants to push his agenda. As others have mentioned, he likes to push IVF and procedures (of course, this is how he is paid.)
I chose this clinic [Repro Med and Fert Ctr] because my health insurance was accepted here. However, after already establishing care and getting expensive diagnostic procedures done, it has been alluded to me that the IUI/IVF side of their clinic does not run insurance and you must self pay. I've spent many hours being the middle man between my insurance company and the clinic. Prior auths have not been completed properly, and would not be attempted at all without my push.
2020
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Mag is very set in his ways and isn't open to suggestions. He is not always the best listener, or maybe just wants to push his agenda. As others have mentioned, he likes to push IVF and procedures (of course, this is how he is paid.) Although I believe that he is a bright doctor and knows what he is doing, he overlooks some things such as I was taking a supplement for months that was actually worsening my PCOS.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Make sure to be your own patient advocate. I know medical things and do lots of research and still felt uncomfortable pushing back or asking for some things. And if you have health insurance that covers infertility, yikes, good luck.. It's been a nightmare for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
After several appointments the office staff was pleasant towards and seemed to know me by name. However, don't expect to see Dr. Mag after initial consult or for a specific procedure, which he ran me through a bunch of expensive tests that I didn't need.
Describe the protocols Paul Magarelli used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI was suggested initially since I just had an ovulation problem. I told him I would like to just try ovulation meds to start with. Letrazole 2.5mg increasing by 1 tablet over 4 days was tried for two cycles. Unfortunately, my follicles did not grow with either cycle and we will be moving on to injectable medications once it has been approved by my insurance. This doctor will not prescribe Clomid or Metformin.
The head nurse is wonderful. I feel like she really knows her stuff and you can tell she has been doing this a while. The others are very kind and mean well but seem less knowledgeable. Normally, I wouldn't have an issue with this as we've all got to learn somewhere, but considering how autonomous the nurses must be in this clinic, I feel like they were calling the shots more than they should have.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I chose this clinic because my health insurance was accepted here. However, after already establishing care and getting expensive diagnostic procedures done, it has been alluded to me that the IUI/IVF side of their clinic does not run insurance and you must self pay. I've spent many hours being the middle man between my insurance company and the clinic. Prior auths have not been completed properly, and would not be attempted at all without my push.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center.
I am still in the middle of treatment, and honestly I have no idea where the money part lies. Sometimes they collect a co-pay, other times they don't. They definitely need their money up front. I've paid two separate $200 bills for services that have not yet been rendered. I feel like I had unnecessary diagnostic procedures done that others in my situation have not had to do.
Colorado Springs

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center.

2016 - 2019
Doctor Magarelli is very scientific and to the point. He is caring. Blunt and honest. He has done his research and has number to prove it. Just wish he took a step back and made sure we were ready to implant after miscarriage at 28weeks. We thought we were, he said after we failed pregnancy test that we weren't. ... I did hcg 2x daily, gonal-f and menipur at night daily throughout the retrieval process. Lab work and ultrasounds every other day. Large hcg 10,000mcg injection IM 36hrs prior to retrieval. Another labdraw 12 hours after hcg injection to verify you did it. After retrieval they send you a message notifying how many eggs were retrieved. If they progress they notify you by portal if the embryos stop developing they call you and schedule an appt to "discuss why". If the do progress they have you wait at least 3 months. Then estradiol and progesterone injections prior to implant along with baby aspirin.
Communication is not their [Repro Med and Fert Ctr - CO Sp] strong suit. Sometimes feels like cattle moving through the clinic. You may be first appointment of the day but they will still take you back 20 minutes late. The lab techs are phenomenal ... A LOT of turnover. There was a new medical assistant at every visit. A lot of drama overheard in the waiting room. ... Communication is not the best. Too much turnover with the medical staff. Was hard getting fully comfortable when there is a different face you see.
2016 - 2019
Go at your own pace.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Communication is not their strong suit. Sometimes feels like cattle moving through the clinic. You may be first appointment of the day but they will still take you back 20 minutes late. The lab techs are phenomenal
$9300 for retrieval implant and embryo testing the first time, 3 months later when we tried retrieval again price was $10300. Medications were extra. I paid close to $6000 on medications each retrieval. This was through the "discount" pharmacy. For each implant, paid $3000 for medications

Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Paul Magarelli] was short and our consult felt rushed. When questions were asked he talked so fast he was barely understood...was friendly at first and his office was comfortable. He also had beneficial handouts and props that he would use as examples but would talk too fast and when he would write down info for you to take, it was rushed and nearly impossible to read. I went back after testing for results and he was short and just said "these are the results, this is basically your only option, when do you want to start? Oh and did they talk to you about financing yet? " I felt like a number instead of a client.
The nurses [at Magarelli Fertility] were friendly, welcoming, and willing to describe what and how they were going to do things. They respected privacy and made sure I was comfortable...After them telling me they would call from the lab to tell me the cost and if insurance covered anything before running tests, they sent off my blood. After a couple of weeks, I received a bill from the lab for several hundred dollars and a number to call for results. I was misinformed about the test and never got a call and was therefore stuck paying for the lab tests...The clinic is comfortable and clean and the desks appeared organized. There is plenty of space for privacy and each office had a closable door for privacy. The walls were not very thick as we could here a couple speaking next door. We were talked to about costs and financing before we even met with the doctor as if to make sure we were committed before eating the doctors time.
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
The doctor was friendly at first and his office was comfortable. He also had beneficial handouts and props that he would use as examples but would talk too fast and when he would write down info for you to take, it was rushed and nearly impossible to read. I went back after testing for results and he was short and just said "these are the results, this is basically your only option, when do you want to start? Oh and did they talk to you about financing yet? " I felt like a number instead of a client.
If you don't expect compassion and details about your treatment until you say let's go for it, then this is probably a great clinic.
He was short and our consult felt rushed. When questions were asked he talked so fast he was barely understood.
The nurses were friendly, welcoming, and willing to describe what and how they were going to do things. They respected privacy and made sure I was comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Through my insurance I was to pay co-pays for visits and testing. My cost in co-pays was approximately $250 and my husband's costs for testing and visits was approximately $200.
Describe Paul Magarelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Did not discuss this with us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
We were treated as a number and never went over results in detail to tell us what to fix it what our options were. We just got told IVF is the best option and when do you want to start. Also I had expressed interest once asked, in having genetic blood testing done. After them telling me they would call from the lab to tell me the cost and if insurance covered anything before running tests, they sent off my blood. After a couple of weeks, I received a bill from the lab for several hundred dollars and a number to call for results. I was misinformed about the test and never got a call and was therefore stuck paying for the lab tests.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I’m of advanced maternal age so Dr M. immediately put me on Estradiol 2mg twice per day. I was also prescribed hGh Injectables every night for about 10-days prior to IVF Injectables Gondal-F and Menopur. ... Dr. Magarelli is super charismatic and seems invested in our success. ... He explained things very quickly at times, and seemed eager to get through my questions - which I have a lot of! On the whole, we went with Dr Magarelli due to him as a person. Praying for round 1 success.
The front office staff [Magarelli Fertility] are very kind and appear to really care about you and your success. The nurses and coordinators work really hard to provide timely responses to messages on the patient portal (but this can be challenging with their heavy caseloads). While some systems, ie Patient Portal could use “tightening” we are happy with this clinic. So far, so good!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Magarelli is very personable, relatable, and has a cheery disposition and bedside manner. He explained things very quickly at times, and seemed eager to get through my questions - which I have a lot of! On the whole, we went with Dr Magarelli due to him as a person. Praying for round 1 success.
If you are highly analytical, Dr Magarelli may not be the person for you. However, if you are a “people person” and trusting he’s your guy!
Dr Magarelli utilizes a “patient portal” for all communication. Everything is done electronically and I have a slight preference for paper and things (like my ART Calendar) printed in Black & White. I also enjoy building relationships with people, so the patient portal can feel a bit cold at times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Gabby)
Gabby is very patient and has a sweet disposition that I appreciate. However she is one person, and I believe her caseload is rather large. It took her some time to develop my ART Calendar, and also takes her more than 48-hours to respond to some messages on my patient portal. On the whole, I am doing my best to be just as patient as Gabby (during what is a rather complex time, for a complex procedure).
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The front office staff are very kind and appear to really care about you and your success. The nurses and coordinators work really hard to provide timely responses to messages on the patient portal (but this can be challenging with their heavy caseloads). Dr. Magarelli is super charismatic and seems invested in our success. While some systems, ie Patient Portal could use “tightening” we are happy with this clinic. So far, so good!
$8,000 IVF + $3,000 PSG + 8,300 Medications = $19,300.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
At the initial appointment, [Dr. Magarelli] seemed kind and knowledgeable. However, during this appointment he pushed pretty hard for IVF. At this point, we hadn't even been trying for a whole year. The next time I saw him was at my IUI insemination. After I had a negative HCG, the last time I saw him was when I had ovulated on my own before being able to have a trigger shot. The fact that he pushes IVF so hard and barely sees non IVF patients is a huge red flag. His condescending demeanor when I had concerns about a new diagnosis sent me running for good reason. From what I hear he is great at affordable IVF, but lackluster for any other patient.
During my time at this clinic [Magarelli Fertility], I had one prescription not called in and another not done correctly. The second time I had to call the clinic multiple times while at the pharmacy and wound up having to go back to the clinic ( 30 mins away) to pick up a script. They failed to call me with a negative HCG and I had to ask at my first ultrasound for my next cycle...The clinic is so disorganized that when I called saying I was skipping a cycle to go out of town, they told me to still come in. After that ultrasound, the tech was so confused as to why I was there and basically wasted both of our time and my money. They put in the authorization for a surgery wrong so I found out ten minutes before going into surgery that my insurance gave the ok for it. I could go on and on. Moral of the story only go here if you need IVF for a lower price than the other clinic in town.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
At the initial appointment, Dr. Mag seemed kind and knowledgeable. However, during this appointment he pushed pretty hard for IVF. At this point, we hadn't even been trying for a whole year. The next time I saw him was at my IUI insemination. After I had a negative HCG, the last time I saw him was when I had ovulated on my own before being able to have a trigger shot. The fact that he pushes IVF so hard and barely sees non IVF patients is a huge red flag. His condescending demeanor when I had concerns about a new diagnosis sent me running for good reason. From what I hear he is great at affordable IVF, but lackluster for any other patient.
The only way I would go here is if it is the only way you can afford IVF. You need to advocate for yourself hard. Don't be afraid to call the office or even show up to get the information you need. If you really want to talk to Dr. Mag, push for it and don't let him give a crap answer that lets him leave the room quicker.
Number is the only choice other than human on here. I did not feel like a human, but also didn't exactly feel like a number either. Because I was doing IUI, I often felt less than and an after thought. They got me in and out quickly.
For both cycles, I was on Letrozole for 5 days. The only IUI I had a trigger of novarel. The second I ovulated on my own. For both cycles, I had 3 follicle mature. Both resulted in a negative HCG.
I saw the actual nurse only a few times more than Dr. Mag. They came in to discuss protocol or any questions that required at least a nurse (basically things Dr. Mag should've been doing). The ultrasound tech and LPN? were both so kind and the people I saw the most. These two would be the only reason to stay at this clinic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: More affordable than most and conveniently located (for me personally) Weakness: poor communication, IVF, IVF, IVF mentality, lack of organization (i.e. no phone call about negative HCG, did get a phone call after I cancelled the next HCG test) , and at times it seems like they are hiding things from patients.
I was lucky and only had to pay for the IUI procedure, labs, and semen analysis. The prices were good and well below market, except for labs. The labs should have been covered by insurance, but I had to pay out of pocket for them instead.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
During my time at this clinic, I had one prescription not called in and another not done correctly. The second time I had to call the clinic multiple times while at the pharmacy and wound up having to go back to the clinic ( 30 mins away) to pick up a script. They failed to call me with a negative HCG and I had to ask at my first ultrasound for my next cycle. Dr. Mag failed to even acknowledge that a new diagnosis I received from another doctor at his office during a cycle could be causing some of my problems if not all. The clinic is so disorganized that when I called saying I was skipping a cycle to go out of town, they told me to still come in. After that ultrasound, the tech was so confused as to why I was there and basically wasted both of our time and my money. They put in the authorization for a surgery wrong so I found out ten minutes before going into surgery that my insurance gave the ok for it. I could go on and on. Moral of the story only go here if you need IVF for a lower price than the other clinic in town.
Colorado Springs

He [Dr. Magarelli] came across arrogant in tone. He made it seem like nothing I did in the past was correct/good enough. For example, when I told him I had taken Clomid for 6 months, his response was, “Well that’s alarming! No one prescribes that drug anymore. I haven’t used it in 10 years. And no one should EVER take it for 6 months, consecutively!” We hung up the phone and I cried in my husband’s arms with regret for taking Clomid.
Either voice record or write down in detail each and every conversation you have with anyone and everyone at that office [Magarelli Fertility]. No one gives the same information - from the doctor himself to the secretary to the financial consultant to their website. Document, document, document...miscommunication and disorganization is beyond frustrating!...The receptionist, Cecelia, is extremely disorganized. Every time (not exaggerating) I called, she did not have correct answers to my questions. Here are a couple examples: 1. She told me that Dr. Magarelli had to be in the office in order for me to get bloodwork done, which I later found out (from the financial coordinator) was not true. 2. For my Day 3 FSH bloodwork, she told me that the clinic was closed on Saturday and Sunday so if Day 3 of my cycle was on a weekend, I’d have to wait until next cycle.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
My husband and I only had a phone call consultation with Dr. Magarelli. He came across arrogant in tone. He made it seem like nothing I did in the past was correct/good enough. For example, when I told him I had taken Clomid for 6 months, his response was, “Well that’s alarming! No one prescribes that drug anymore. I haven’t used it in 10 years. And no one should EVER take it for 6 months, consecutively!” We hung up the phone and I cried in my husband’s arms with regret for taking Clomid.
Either voice record or write down in detail each and every conversation you have with anyone and everyone at that office. No one gives the same information - from the doctor himself to the secretary to the financial consultant to their website. Document, document, document.
When I went in to get my husband’s semen analysis kit, I told the secretary my name. She said, “we go by chart numbers here, do you know your chart number?” In addition, every woman is made to be on the same cycle because it’s easier for the clinic to manage. I am not sure if this is true in most clinics but it made me feel like just a number, not a unique individual.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
A new patient should know that the receptionist, Cecelia, is extremely disorganized. Every time (not exaggerating) I called, she did not have correct answers to my questions. Here are a few examples: 1. She told me that Dr. Magarelli had to be in the office in order for me to get bloodwork done, which I later found out (from the financial coordinator) was not true. 2. For my Day 3 FSH bloodwork, she told me that the clinic was closed on Saturday and Sunday so if Day 3 of my cycle was on a weekend, I’d have to wait until next cycle. This was also false information. 3. She failed to communicate that my husband needed an appointment to drop off his semen analysis kit. He was abstinent for five days and then was told his semen would not be tested because he didn’t have an appointment. It would have been nice for her to tell me this information when I picked up the kit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The receptionist, Cecelia, is extremely disorganized. Every time (not exaggerating) I called, she did not have correct answers to my questions. Here are a couple examples: 1. She told me that Dr. Magarelli had to be in the office in order for me to get bloodwork done, which I later found out (from the financial coordinator) was not true. 2. For my Day 3 FSH bloodwork, she told me that the clinic was closed on Saturday and Sunday so if Day 3 of my cycle was on a weekend, I’d have to wait until next cycle. This was also false information. In addition, during our phone call consultation with Dr. Magarelli, he told us that my husband needed to come in and get a semen analysis kit. He explained that my husband needed to be abstinent for 2-5 days and then bring in the kit for testing. Nothing was ever mentioned about needing an appointment to drop off the kit. My husband was abstinent for five days and then was told by Cecelia (the receptionist) that his semen would not be tested because he didn’t have an appointment. We then made an appointment with Cecelia (the receptionist) for the following week to drop off the kit. Four hours later, Christina (the financial coordinator) called and said that my husband needed cancel his kit drop off appointment because he needed to make an appointment to be seen by Dr. Magarelli BEFORE he dropped of the kit. This miscommunication and disorganization is beyond frustrating!

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
he [Dr, Magarelli] started me on supplements like CoQ10, DHEA, vitamins B, C & D and Estrace to control my cycles. He then added 0.4ml Human Growth Hormone a week before the Stimulation Meds...recommends only one embryo transfer. Unless the women has had multiple miscarriages, then he might put in 2 embryos...He has a soft spot for the military. He is very interested in every patients case and wants to work towards that positive outcome. Dr. Magarelli is very understanding and is always available for a hug.
They [Magarelli Fertility] tried to do all the monitoring in a certain time span in the mornings. Mine was always after 9am. It went smoothly... Stim meds (plus Human Growth Hormone) Cody about $5,000.00, Seman analysis was $80.00...Strength of the clinic is friendliness and care. Weakness of the clinic is reachability, call backs and communication. To be honest, everyone’s cycles may differ so it’s hard to say what else is strength or weakness.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Listen to his ideas and yes, some cost extra money but they might heighten your chances of a positive outcome.
They’re very kind during appointments and try to take time for extra questions when in the office.
To know what he’s working with, he has a scope and HSG done. Then he started me on supplements like CoQ10, DHEA, vitamins B, C & D and Estrace to control my cycles. He then added 0.4ml Human Growth Hormone a week before the Stimulation Meds. The Stimulation meds were Menopur (4vials), Gonal F (150 units). My first appointment after starting the Stim Meds was day 5. Urine sample, blood draw and vag. Ultrasound to check in the eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Nurse, Cindy, is bubbly and sweet, but lacks communication skills. All her messages are in lower caps and seem rushed. She doesn’t answer the nurse line (extra cell phone for after hours) on the first call, you have to leave a message and hope she calls back. In the clinic she’s very helpful, but once it closes, you’re kind on your own. Care coordinator, Gabby, always sends messages with important information and comes in during your visits before retrieval and makes sure you have enough syringes or medications, etc. The staff is helpful and try to help when at the office. If there is a problem the office manager listens and try’s to set it straight.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
They tried to do all the monitoring in a certain time span in the mornings. Mine was always after 9am. It went smoothly.
I luckily had a referral for Dr. Magarelli, so I did not have to pay for in office visits or the scope/HSG procedure. Medications and Seman analysis were costs that we had to pay ourselves. Stim meds (plus Human Growth Hormone) Cody about $5,000.00, Seman analysis was $80.00
Dr. Magarelli recommends only one embryo transfer. Unless the women has had multiple miscarriages, then he might put in 2 embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After the egg retrieval, you’re supposed to get a call on fertilization day one. I did not receive a phone call but a portal message, with information about eggs missing. It was very impersonal. And when I called that I wanted more information, I did not receive it until day 5 of the embryo stage. Sadly the one embryo I had, did not continue to grow.

Anovulation, Unexplained
I was on OHSS precautions [with Dr. Paul Magarelli] because I had to many follicles. For TI with injections I was taking 150 units of Gonal F and they cancelled my cycle because there were to many mature eggs...I liked his approach when it comes to eSET... We transferred one the 1st time and 2 embryos the 2nd and 3rd time that we did FETs... they plan transfer for only 2-3 days of the month and everybody's body needs to adapt to the same schedule.
They [High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] usually work with my schedule and are great at having available dates for monitoring. And if it is an emergency, like when I was having a miscarriage they see me ASAP...They are great at monitoring FETs...They are not so good monitoring when I comes to TI with injections...They work with you and your specific need, but they are pushy toward IVF/FETs They are compassionate and caring. Definitely a strength is the people that works there.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Paul magarelli is very kind and supportive. He always explained everything in a way that is easy to understand. He can be a little pushy when it comes to IVF/FET and doesn't seem to like when you question some procedure. But at the end he is understanding and respectful of the decisions you make. For example, I wanted to do TI with injections in between transfers and he completely understood my reasoning behind this decision. He is trustworthy and makes you feel comfortable and safe.
Don't feel afraid to ask questions. This is a very difficult and most of the time overwhelming journey but don't be afraid... And you are not alone :)
I felt mostly like a human. They are caring and a very big support. They were amazing when husband was deployed and I was doing the transfers by myself. But also I feel like a number when they forget to call me with results or when I need to remind them things that they should not forget... Also feel like a number when they plan transfer for only 2-3 days of the month and everybody's body needs to adapt to the same schedule.
Gonal F: for Egg retrieval I think it was 75 units and then 150 units until I had enough mature eggs. I was on OHSS precautions because I had to many follicles. For TI with injections I was taking 150 units of Gonal F and they cancelled my cycle because there were to many mature eggs. Progesterone IM taken I believe a week before each transfer and supposed to take it until 12 weeks of pregnancy.
They are Amazing... I love them!! They are trustworthy and kind. They always have something sweet and nice to say.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are great at monitoring FETs They are not so good monitoring when I comes to TI with injections They work with you and your specific need, but they are pushy toward IVF/FETs They are compassionate and caring. Definitely a strength is the people that works there.
They usually work with my schedule and are great at having available dates for monitoring. And if it is an emergency, like when I was having a miscarriage they see me ASAP.
I believe it was $8500 for IVF, included one FET plus medication. Gonal F is expensive but we applied for compassionate Care for Military, so we paid like an extra $2500. And $1850 for each transfer after that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I went to a couple appointments where they were not sure why I was there for and I had to remind them. They left me waiting in a room for a bout 45 min because they thought I was already seen. I just waited until it was obvious they forgot me lol. I still think they are great!

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
De. Mag [Paul Magarelli] is a very nice person & explained everything in detal, sometimes more then once when we went into a fog and forgot what he just said. He truly seems to care about what he does & wants to help as many people as he can....I had an HGH protocol for egg retrieval. Not sure why, maybe that I'm on allery meds. It involved extra HGH shots starting early. The rest: gonal F, menopur, hcg trigger, cetrotide, Lupron trigger
The nurses [at High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] seemed never to talk to one another or review my chart. Calling giving conflicting info, calling and saying they will call back and never do, write that "patient apperantly got wrong meds/med supplies" to the patient (I'm sure I wasn't supposed to see that) left me without information causing panic. Very un-sympathetic to the fact you are not a doctor or nurse and sometimes just need to verify what your doing. Seem nice when you visit though. A new nurse, Jody I believe is her name, seems to understand that saying you will call back means you call back.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
De. Mag is a very nice person & explained everything in detal, sometimes more then once when we went into a fog and forgot what he just said. He truly seems to care about what he does & wants to help as many people as he can.
Expect to have consultants with him but not have any appointments during your care with him, which is fine because his other 2 doctors are also great!
Dr. Mag is great, it's the staff (or maybe lack of) that is terrible. You really have to be on top on all your own appointments and meds to make it through. Calls that never get called back, portal messages that you never received notification on, terrible nurses who seem annoyed that you called the after hours number to make sure you inject your meds correctly.
The nurses seemed never to talk to one another or review my chart. Calling giving conflicting info, calling and saying they will call back and never do, write that "patient apperantly got wrong meds/med supplies" to the patient (I'm sure I wasn't supposed to see that) left me without information causing panic. Very un-sympathetic to the fact you are not a doctor or nurse and sometimes just need to verify what your doing. Seem nice when you visit though. A new nurse, Jody I believe is her name, seems to understand that saying you will call back means you call back.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
You may feel less of a person and more of a number, but most of the doctors and staff are very nice. The nurses though, not so much. The receptionist seems a little negletful as well, be very precise when speaking to her. Office is clean & prices are the best part.
I don't live in the town that this clinic is located, still close enough to arrive from home within an hour. Yiu can only be seen from 7-9 am for monitoring. I have to always miss work and/or work from the car, meaning someone else had to drive me to the clinic, in order to get an appointment for monitoring (blood work has to be same day) its a good thing I have a pretty flexible work environment or I would never be able to have a job and work with this type of schedule.
Roughly - $6000.00 for IVF meds $9000.00 for one egg retrieval $250 for embryo CCS testing (up to 8 embryos) FET is $1850.00 plus meds (meds are $165 to $205) ERA $1750.00 plus meds
No comments.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was doing a test and because I was never called back I had to wait & schedule the next month. We can't just drop work the next day because your unorganized. Everytime I need prescription filled I have to call in to pharmacy then wait 3-5 days and call/portal the clinic to see if they received it. It's always not received or possibly in another patients chart (yes someone really told me that) Portal worked great for about 3 months, it now takes about 5 mins to load, I never get notifications and I have voiced this over 5 times with multiple staff members with no resolution.
Colorado Springs

Dr. Magarelli is a well educated and experienced physician. It shows when he explains what is happening and what will happen. Although seems to be a little high strung, we felt he was more than competent to complete our process. We have the upmost confidence in what he does...My husband and I needed a little more laymans terms and time to completely understand. He took the time, although we did feel as we were a little inconveniencing him.
I had waited two weeks from the time I got my labs drawn to finally call to get results [from High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers]. Nurse Carla informed me that they usually give the lab results in person and not call or put them on the portal. It would have been nice to know versus waiting for a phone call...$8900 - Cycle fee w/screening for PGS $3500 - Added fee for PGD screening for up to 8 embryos at one time $400 - Anesthesia $12,800 - Total Cycle Fee, plus medications
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, although what he is saying makes sense to him, it may not make sense to you. Come with questions wrote down and don't be afraid to ask away. He talks quick, but ask him to help you better understand.
I thought he was very good, but he is has a PhD and Doctorate- My husband and I needed a little more laymans terms and time to completely understand. He took the time, although we did feel as we were a little inconveniencing him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Lyon was my care coordinator- Carla was my nurse)
Nurse Carla I do without speaking to again. She did not take the time to explain what was going on, when I asked something she repeated what she had already said. She did not take the time to read my chart and proceeds to tell me what testing my husband needs to do, when all the while the reason we are there is because he is sterile. I felt she was very unknowledgeable and unprofessional. At one point I asked if 1 procedure and physician visit could be combined so that we didn't have to make 2 trips out of town- she told me no there are people who drive from other states to do different visits I could too. I though this was RUDE and completely unprofessional for a clinic of this nature. Amanda was my care coordinator- She along the rest of the staff has always been great, more than helpful. She takes the time to explain things and answers questions sometimes late in the evenings. It shows she takes pride in what she does.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Clinic is very nice, clean, staff is welcoming. Lots of fertility information available for reading around the clinic. They are prompt are professional. I think anyone that goes will feel the same way.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had waited two weeks from the time I got my labs drawn to finally call to get results. Nurse Carla informed me that they usually give the lab results in person and not call or put them on the portal. It would have been nice to know versus waiting for a phone call.

2014 - 2018
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Magarelli actually suggested we use both embryos for transfer due to the poor quality. We did transfer two in both cycles... is a nice guy but blunt and to the point. I only saw him if something was concerning and the day of the retrieval...I feel like I was rushed with my questions and didn't get the full answer. This is during his clinic time. During the retrieval and transfer he was much more compassionate and excited for you.
I did not get the full results from my first ultrasound that I had done after confirming being pregnant [at High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] . I was stressed for a whole week until I found out from reading my own results that I had to ask for...The best part about this clinic is the price. This last cycle we did was $6,300 not including medications but everything else even the transfer was included. It was an additional cost for PGS testing which we opted out of.
2014 - 2018
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Magarelli is blunt and to the point of what is going on with each individual. I feel like I was rushed with my questions and didn't get the full answer. This is during his clinic time. During the retrieval and transfer he was much more compassionate and excited for you.
Do your research and be your own advocate.
Dr. Magarelli himself is a nice guy but blunt and to the point. I only saw him if something was concerning and the day of the retrieval.
I don't remember that medication protocol that I used. It was actually different each cycle as one of the medications was discontinued. I started off with Menopur (2 vials) and Gonal-F (150) with my last cycle. My eggs tend to grow slowly then all of a sudden catch up. I was up to either 4 or 5 bottles of Menopur by the end. Both retrievals I've had they got 24-26 eggs so I got OHSS and had to eat a ton of protein. The Menopur was an IM injection by the way. The first time around I used Lupron at first then Menopur and Braville. I got my baby boy out of that one:)
Jennifer his MA is very sweet and compassionate. She would always have a smile on your face and was pleasant to be around. I always relaxed a little more when she was around. The rest of the nursing staff seemed like they were there just for a job.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic needs to work on their communication. It takes a while (days or sometimes not at all) for them to respond to a question. With that in mind you as a patient needs to be persistent and advocate for yourself.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I did not get the full results from my first ultrasound that I had done after confirming being pregnant. I was stressed for a whole week until I found out from reading my own results that I had to ask for.
Colorado Springs
He [Dr. Magarelli] is a very knowledgeable doctor...He is confident and warm when talking to his patients. Even though he is a very busy man, he does take the time to say hi even though you’re only seeing the nurse that day. He answered every one of our questions and explained how his process worked. He also explained how he is able to make IVF affordable for his patients.... I am on short protocol to begin the cycle. My ovarian reserve is great...
The nursing staff [HQA Fertility Ctr] has been competent so far. However, you have to stay on your toes and make sure to ask the right questions.... The clinic is extremely affordable compared to the local alternatives. The nurses are great with blood draws and ultrasounds, always make you feel comfortable. The metro location is not available for most appointments, which is disappointing. They have been off on their estimates on other services rendered, like medications.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
We have not been through a whole cycle yet, but he seems to be knowledgeable in the field of infertility. He is confident and warm when talking to his patients. Even though he is a very busy man, he does take the time to say hi even though you’re only seeing the nurse that day. He answered every one of our questions and explained how his process worked. He also explained how he is able to make IVF affordable for his patients.
He is a very knowledgeable doctor so follow his lead on what he believes is best for your case.
With this clinic being one of the fastest growing, you can sometimes get lost in the shuffle. Sometimes too many patients can lead to some miscommunication.
I have not been through a full cycle yet with Dr. Mag, however, I am on short protocol to begin the cycle. My ovarian reserve is great, so there should be no issues getting a decent amount of eggs.
The nursing staff has been competent so far. However, you have to stay on your toes and make sure to ask the right questions.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$9,300 for full cycle ER, and one transfer, PGS testing. This does not include medications.
He lets you decide. Dr. Mag only does Frozen Embryo Transfers though.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I informed the office a week in advance that my last birth control pill was a certain date. I was told this was okay and to report cycle day 1. Once I received my calendar, it was noted I had to take my last birth control pill on a different day. I was out of the prescription and almost started my period, which would have ruined the timing of the cycle. Thankfully I caught this and requested immediate refill.
Colorado Springs
Dr. Magarelli is not the warmest, fuzziest best friend kind of Dr, however he was frank when you had the chance to talk to him. He did seem to care about being honest and helping you to acheive pregnancy.... I do feel like they did tailor my treatment to my body and not to a 10 day or 12 day, etc. They extended it as needed based on response or adjusted meds as needed. I was on Lupron, Menopur, Gonal F protocol and they increased meds as needed.
There were a lot of changes going on with people at the time. They [HQAFC- CO Springs] were also working out kinks with a digital/portal system. Paperwork not being there or not knowing I had tests done previous-which were sent there already they couldn't find, etc.... Weaknesses-staff inconsistency, paperwork chaos, digital portal not working. Strengths-seemed to truly care, tailored treatment to my body, not a generalization.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Magarelli is not the warmest, fuzziest best friend kind of Dr, however he was frank when you had the chance to talk to him. He did seem to care about being honest and helping you to acheive pregnancy. Dr. Magarelli was out of town for a little bit during our treatment. We also did not know he would not be doing our egg retrieval until the morning of. So things weren't communicated well in that regard. However, they did provide me with Dr Magarelli's cell phone if I ever had a question.
Stay on top of things, be your own advocate to make sure you are persistent on making sure your care gets priority and bring copies of all of your paperwork every visit as their system to digital only was not working well at all. Don't be intimidated by a Dr.'s personality and speak up if you need to-ask questions even if you feel stupid at the time.
It did seem like there was care and concern from staff, but still got lost in the mix of disorganization of the clinic and paperwork.
Everything was mostly digitally on "the portal", but it did have it's problems. I know it was a new system for them so they were trying to work out the kinks, but at best it was really mainly used for email messages back and forth for lab results, increase meds, etc. I do feel like they did tailor my treatment to my body and not to a 10 day or 12 day, etc. They extended it as needed based on response or adjusted meds as needed. I was on Lupron, Menopur, Gonal F protocol and they increased meds as needed. They did strongly encourage acupuncture (his wife is an acupuncturist) and also encourage healthy diet and vitamin protocols, which was good.
We did see different nurses most of the time. Carla was super sweet and compassionate in her care. Chasity was very compassionate and helpful as well. They did try to be available, but paperwork seemed to be an issue often. Also, calls would come from the New Mexico sister clinic too. Again, I think some of this was major change going on in the clinic and also a transition to digital/portal.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There were a lot of changes going on with people at the time. They were also working out kinks with a digital/portal system. Paperwork not being there or not knowing I had tests done previous-which were sent there already they couldn't find, etc. That was a bit challenging. They had many wonderful office staff there to listen and answer questions. Amanda was superb! Christina was as well. The lab staff was great too. They really did try to help us achieve pregnancy with live birth. Weaknesses-staff inconsistency, paperwork chaos, digital portal not working. Strengths-seemed to truly care, tailored treatment to my body, not a generalization.
It is HQA fertility center. High Quality Affordable Care. They reduce the cost to make it more affordable for anyone to have a baby. This is not the exact number but like $9200 or so and this include PGS testing, but not medication costs or any other MFI procedures.
There motto is one healthy baby, but they did encourage to transfer the only 2 PGS tested embryos we had. We did trust the medical advice they gave.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Our PGS results came in, but somehow they thought we had already gotten a call or something already. Finally I called and was able to retrieve them. They were very apologetic though.
Colorado Springs

He [Dr. Magarelli] was friendly the first time we met him for the consultation and seemed to think IVF would work great for us since we only had MFI... After we got our genetic testing on our two embryos back he became cold and made it sound normal. We went in to go over what happened and what the next steps are. He was rude and didn't answer our questions.... He said we need to start again next month and that we wouldn't do anything different.
The clinic staff [HQA Fertility Centers] is nice when you go in for a consultation. As soon as you commit to treatment you are really just a number. They don't remember who you are or what you are having done. When you go in for an appointment be ready to wait for a while after your scheduled time. The clinic does not have up to date equipment. Everything seems a bit dated. Don't expect them to call with results when they say they will. You are waiting patiently for important results but they will forget about you.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
I feel as though I was very naive in the beginning of treatment and was too trusting. This doctor used a form to explain how everything worked during the consultation. It showed the normal course of stimulation and also gave some percentages of success if you did genetic testing and if you didn't. I don't feel that he explained that you may not even have embryos to try implantation with and in that case it doesn't even matter what the percentages are. He was friendly the first time we met him for the consultation and seemed to think IVF would work great for us since we only had MFI. I had him one time to do my transvaginal ultrasound since the lady who usually did it at my other appointments was on maternity leave. He seemed to do it differently and got way different information than the other lady did. After we got our genetic testing on our two embryos back he became cold and made it sound normal. We went in to go over what happened and what the next steps are. He was rude and didn't answer our questions. Of course we wanted to know what had happened and what we would do next. He just told us that percentage wise it was normal that we didn't get any normal embryos. He said we need to start again next month and that we wouldn't do anything different. Why would I do the same thing again with no changes and hope for a different outcome? There was no compassion and no answers. We felt defeated and he made us feel like failures.
I would advise a prospective patient to do all your research ahead of time and find out what will happen in the worst case scenario. What will he do different if treatment fails?
There were several times that the nurse came into the exam room during my stims and called me by the wrong name or had the wrong chart, etc. It was as if they didn't know or care who you were when there. All they cared about is that they had another couple paying them. I checked into the front desk and printed my name out each time. I feel like there should not have been a mix up with who was there for an appointment. The nurse would laugh as if it was a joke when it happened. When things didn't work out and both of our embryos came back as abnormal after genetic testing we were just told okay lets do it again. There was no explanation, answers or support. They were ready to cash another check and said they wouldn't do anything different the next time.
The protocol I was put on was Gonal F, Lupron and low dose HCG. I believe I was put on this protocol because we were only dealing with male factor and the doctor did not want to stimulate me too much. During the stims I only produced about 17 follicles and they weren't growing quick enough at one point. They increased the Gonal F at some point during the stims. I only ended up with 9 eggs retrieved and only 2 embryos in the end that were genetically abnormal.
I only saw one nurse while I was in treatment at this clinic. I believe she was newer to the clinic. She is the one who would come in the room and call me the wrong name and realize she had the wrong person. She would laugh when she couldn't find the follicles during the transvaginal ultrasound. She was very unprofessional. The other times I was there I had a radiology tech who was very nice and had IVF done herself. Unfortunately, I only had her a few times before she left to have her baby. I could tell that she understood the heartbreak and emotions that came along with IVF.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic staff is nice when you go in for a consultation. As soon as you commit to treatment you are really just a number. They don't remember who you are or what you are having done. When you go in for an appointment be ready to wait for a while after your scheduled time. The clinic does not have up to date equipment. Everything seems a bit dated. Don't expect them to call with results when they say they will. You are waiting patiently for important results but they will forget about you. I had to call well after I was supposed to get my results from IVF. They have no compassion and will just tell you to try again with no explanation. Do your research before you go to this clinic.
Every little thing cost more. We paid for genetic testing and anesthesia. We paid for the IVF package and extra for all of the medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I waited patiently for my genetic testing results of our only two embryos after IVF retrieval. After not hearing back when I should have I contacted the lab that did the genetic testing. They told me that they gave the clinic my results over 3 days prior. I called the clinic and the woman says oh yes they are both abnormal and cannot be implanted. No information or anything. I had to wait two weeks to have an appointment after her telling me this. We were given no support or suggestions on where we can get support or genetic counseling. We were given no answers to what went wrong. Just pay us and try again.
Colorado Springs

The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Center] changed quite a bit throughout the 9 months that we were at the clinic. Most of them were friendly and helpful, but others not as much. However, one of the nurses that drew blood on a regular basis (I can't remember her name) was amazing. She was one of the few reasons that I felt comfortable going through another cycle with them.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
I'm not sure where to even begin.. From the beginning I didn't have a great gut feeling about Dr. Magarelli, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and move forward as a patient of his (we were referred to him by Tricare, so our options were a bit limited). He put on a really good show at our first appointment, telling us that he would most certainly help us have "one healthy baby" - his motto. We felt hopeful that this would be the case. However, our first cycle ended with two abnormal embryos. Dr. Magarelli was less than compassionate when giving me this news, and even went as far as to get upset with me for not saying anything (I was in shock and very upset). Despite this happening, Dr. Magarelli assured us that changing my medication protocol would yield better results, so we moved forward with a second cycle. This cycle resulted in zero embryos. When Dr. Magarelli called to give me this news (I was expecting it by this time and had already started seeking a second opinion), he was joking about how he had a cold and didn't feel good.. as if that was appropriate. When I told him we'd be looking for another doctor his response was, "Sounds great, good luck!", and I never heard from him again.
Run in the other direction. Seriously. He might be the cheapest in town, but you get what you pay for.
My husband and I felt as if we were just a number due to the fact that on multiple occasions Dr. Magarelli couldn't remember our names (we had been seeing him for several months by this point), and the fact that he was so quick to push IVF rather than discussing other options. After we decided to move forward with IVF, we didn't see Dr. Magarelli until the morning of the egg retrieval - he wasn't at any of the numerous visits in between.
My first IVF cycle began with birth control for a few weeks, followed by Lupron, and then Gonal-F & Low Dose HCG. I was on 10 units of Lupron, 10 units of Low Dose HCG, and 75 IU's of Gonal-F morning and night. I was on a very low dose due to the fact that I have no known issues, and responded very well to it. After my retrieval however, it was clear that I had hyper-stimulated even with the low doses. We retrieved 18 eggs, 10 mature, 5 fertilized, and 2 made it to freeze. Those 2 were chromosomally abnormal. For my second cycle I was again on birth control, followed by Lupron, and then Menopur. I was on 10 units of Lupron and started out at one vial of Menopur a day. After a few days and no response, my dose of Menopur was upped to 4 vials per day. I injected the Menopur intramuscularly, for a reason that I still don't know. This cycle we retrieved only 4 eggs, 2 mature, 2 fertilized, and 0 making it to freeze. Dr. Magarelli believes that I ovulated on my own prior to the retrieval.
The nursing staff changed quite a bit throughout the 9 months that we were at the clinic. Most of them were friendly and helpful, but others not as much. However, one of the nurses that drew blood on a regular basis (I can't remember her name) was amazing. She was one of the few reasons that I felt comfortable going through another cycle with them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
In the beginning, the clinic was very hard to get a hold of in order to schedule tests. I would call repeatedly and get no answer, or it would take them several days to call me back. I often had to wait until my next cycle to do the tests because they didn't get back to me in time to schedule them. After we paid for our first IVF cycle, they were a bit more attentive. However, they always said the patient portal was the best method of contact, but I rarely got answers in a timely manner, if at all. I will say though, the clinics financial coordinator is amazing. She always responded promptly to emails and answered any questions I had about the finances.
Initally, Dr. Magarelli charged $7500 for IVF w/ ICSI, plus $400 for anesthesia, plus medications. They provided a $500 military discount, but required the payment in full before the start of the cycle. However, just before our first cycle began, they lowered the price to $4500, plus $400 for anesthesia, plus medications. At this time they didn't offer us the military discount. There was also a $1000 fee for the embryo biopsy each cycle.
Due to my age Dr. Magarelli highly recommended that we only transfer one embryo, however, we never made it to that phase with him.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had my HSG test done through a different doctor prior to going to RMFC (HQA as they're now called), and despite sending them my results two different times, they always said they couldn't find them. I even took in a paper copy that they ended up losing. They also said they were going to schedule another test that I needed done, but that never happened. When I brought it up to Dr. Magarelli he was extremely condescending and made me feel like I was stupid for asking about it. They also never gave me any of my estrogen or progesterone levels throughout our cycles, and didn't communicate to me that I was hyper-stimulating with the first one.
Colorado Springs

Dr. Magarelli is a brilliant man, but does struggle to communicate at times. He can be rather Frank, which my husband liked but I struggled with. Overall, I was pleased with the care I was given ... He told us that he recommended transferring two, but I think he would have transferred one if that was our preference. ... I feel my questioning helped keep things on track...my track.
Overall, the clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Center] offers affordable IVF. I know several people who have used them and have gotten pregnant. Communication is an area they could improve on, but like stated earlier, be your own advocate. ... All of the nurses were very kind and knowledgeable. I do think there were some breakdowns in communication. There were times I recieved conflicting advice.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Magarelli is a brilliant man, but does struggle to communicate at times. He can be rather Frank, which my husband liked but I struggled with. Overall, I was pleased with the care I was given, and I'm grateful to their team for helping us get pregnant.
Be familiar with the process and advocate for yourself if you don't think something is right. I feel my questioning helped keep things on track...my track.
They have a lot of patients, but they work hard to get you pregnant. You just have to be involved and ask questions. Don't assume anything.
I don't remember enough to speak knowledgeably. It was almost three years ago.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Overall, the clinic offers affordable IVF. I know several people who have used them and have gotten pregnant. Communication is an area they could improve on, but like stated earlier, be your own advocate.
The cost was half of what we paid for our first round in another state. Even with travel and additional lab work (because we were out of state) we came out ahead.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was using a lab in another state and the levels differed. (I don't remember the term) They wanted to cancel my transfer until I spoke with my nurse in my home state and she said that was unnecessary. We then continued as planned.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[Dr Paul] Magarelli was the friendliest RE we have come across. My husband and I were treated like dollar signs at every clinic we went to except Magarelli's, who went out of his way to make sure we felt comfortable and treated like we were visiting an old friend. We knew what to expect at every appointment, and he talked to us like we were equals. I love his sense of humor and ability to make us laugh even though we were beyond stressed and anxious. Every time I walked away from the clinic, I felt excited and positive.
Every time I was in the office [Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center], I was greeted warmly and everyone always remembered me by name. Magarelli always came into the room with a huge smile, jokes, and a positive attitude, and remembered our situation clearly, as though we were his friend...The nursing staff always answered my questions and remembered me by name. I knew this wasn't just from looking at a chart because they would pass me in the hall or happen to see me in the lobby and say hello by name with a smile. If I had any questions and called in, I always received a call back same day.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Give him a chance. I do not understand why there are any negative reviews of him. We felt so taken care of and respected by him, and he made us feel so at ease. He explained everything to us in detail and why our protocol made sense, but I encourage all new patients of any RE to make sure you ask the right questions from the start (research important questions to ask your RE), and you won't leave with unrealistic expectations.
Every time I was in the office, I was greeted warmly and everyone always remembered me by name. Magarelli always came into the room with a huge smile, jokes, and a positive attitude, and remembered our situation clearly, as though we were his friend.
Magarelli decided a freeze all cycle with PGS would help us after 8 years of TTC with no results. With PGS, we were able to determine that we had a chromosome abnormality when my husbands sperm met my eggs, and this could not be tested by any other kind of genetics blood test. We did BCP, egg retrieval, sent off our embryos to be tested, and then did a transfer one month later, with a positive pregnancy test in the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean and organized. The team seemed like a well oiled machine. The embryologist often did my blood draws and chatted with us like we were best friends.
Exactly as described. 8k for IVF, unlimited FET's, egg retrievel, egg transfer, ICSI, PGS testing for 8 embryos. About 4k for medications.
Colorado Springs

It felt like a fertility "mill" it [Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center] was more like a factory than anything, you had to be on their schedule or they would cancle your cycle....nothing was based on Your body, it was based on their calendar of when they were doing retrievals or transfers. It's heartbreaking to have a cycle cancled because you didn't meet "their" deadline
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
This office is run like a factory, it is not at all individualized. Not everyone has the same cycle or length of cycle, so if you do not fit into their schedule they will cancle your IVF cycle. You never see the doctor and the physicians assistant is incredibly rude and very difficult to deal with, especially when you are on significant hormones and she is nasty to you. I had to have my husband come to all my appointments on our second cycle after I started injections because I was tired of leaving in tears. They convinced me to buy medicine that I didn't need, and so many of my follicles ended up being over mature and useless, I went to 3 different physicians after leaving Dr Magerelli and they all told me that its very probable that they were not monitoring me the way they should have been. The number of eggs retrieved and the number that ended up fertilized was most likely the result of a very poor lab and uneducated staff/techs. The lab and procedure area do not seem like they are at all professional, I remember thinking "this can't be sanitary" quite a few times. I will agree with the last poster, they will sometimes tell you to continue with medicine, you aren't even on, they have no clue what is going on and it's scary to think they might be telling me the wrong thing. I missed a call once and they didn't specify which medication or what dose and didn't return my call till the following day at noon, I spent my evening guessing on what they could have meant, it's an unorganized disaster. Do yourself a favor, take out the loans, wait and save, do whatever you have to do, but avoid this place at all cost. Trust me, you will end up spending WAY more than they say it costs, its definatly a bait and switch. The price is a lie and it's a very dishonest office.
Find a different doctor...one who is honest about their success rates!
It felt like a fertility "mill" it was more like a factory than anything, you had to be on their schedule or they would cancle your cycle....nothing was based on Your body, it was based on their calendar of when they were doing retrievals or transfers. It's heartbreaking to have a cycle cancled because you didn't meet "their" deadline
The physicians assistant is horrible. Some of the nurses are nice, but very confused and overworked. They have no clue what is going on and it seems like a guessing game on what they are going to tell you to do...
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses are overworked, and it's obvious by attitude and amount of confusion they demonstrate. You will meet with the doctor once or twice, and your care will be determined by the nurses and physicians assistant. Scheduling is a nightmare, and they consistently run late, so don't expect to leave within a reasonable amount of time. They implemented a new patient portal, which they say makes communication faster, and it does the exact opposite, makes it longer!
It cost nearly 12k, they make you feel like you NEED to do CCS, and if you don't your cycle will probably fail. So the $4500 price is absolutely not true at all, and is VERY deceptive

Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I am too early in IVF, but he [Dr. Paul Magarelli] believes it’s relatively standard for all woman with a few slight tweaks...He will allow you to decide [about Eset] , not over 2 and recommends CCS testing... deserves 5 stars!! If his staff could come up with a management system that matches his enthusiasm for fertility treatment they would be unstoppable!!...He is a very experienced doctor offering IVF at nearly 1/2 if the price of all other clinics
Due to staff changes [at Magarelli Fertility] a cycle was cancelled, due to lack of communication and lack of follow up. It was the staffs fault that I missed a whole month...Being in the office is amazing, but when you are not face to face they fall short, OFTEN!...My first egg retrieval cycle was skipped because I fell through the cracks, meds were not ordered, protocol was not followed and I suffered for it...$11000 for IVF WITH ICSI AND CCS TESTING AND 2 transfers
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Magarelli deserves 5 stars!! If his staff could come up with a management system that matches his enthusiasm for fertility treatment they would be unstoppable!! Being in the office is amazing, but when you are not face to face they fall short, OFTEN!
Be patient, pun intended!
Due to staff changes a cycle was cancelled, due to lack of communication and lack of follow up. It was the staffs fault that I missed a whole month.
I am too early in IVF, but he believes it’s relatively standard for all woman with a few slight tweaks.
When you are face to face they are wonderful, but when it comes time to make reports or give call backs, they fall short! Often!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As stated if they could match Dr. Magarelli’s enthusiast attitude with that level of office management it would be a 5 star facility! He is a very experienced doctor offering IVF at nearly 1/2 if the price of all other clinics, he has great results and we look forward to the rest of our journey with him and his team. I will continue to trust that he and his staff have my best interest at heart even if staff changes makes communication difficult at times.
$11000 for IVF WITH ICSI AND CCS TESTING AND 2 transfers
He will allow you to decide, not over 2 and recommends CCS testing.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Dr. Magarelli] would be positive almost to a fault. He comes across as a salesman in some ways, but I do believe he does care. He will breeze over things that can be very important, but spend a lot of time on things that don't apply to the situation at hand. He will take the time to answer questions if asked....I was put on high doses of hormones due to DOR, but I didn't feel like I understood my protocol and it was not explained to me well.
They [HQA Fertility Ctr] are always friendly and try, but communication can be difficult. They do not answer the phone way too much of the time. The patient portal does help with communication as long as it isn't urgent.... My first IVF was frustrating due to a lack of organization, competence and lack of accurate communication. The second IVF was better, due to new more competent staff.... A nurse performing an ultrasound did it completely wrong. She took it to the RE and he told her it was on the wrong setting.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
He would be positive almost to a fault. He comes across as a salesman in some ways, but I do believe he does care. He will breeze over things that can be very important, but spend a lot of time on things that don't apply to the situation at hand. He will take the time to answer questions if asked.
Make a list of detailed questions if you want the details.
More human due to the kindness of most of the staff, however competency was lacking in some staff, but not all.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are always friendly and try, but communication can be difficult. They do not answer the phone way too much of the time. The patient portal does help with communication as long as it isn't urgent.
$6400.00 for IVF and $4000.00 for medication.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
A nurse performing an ultrasound did it completely wrong. She took it to the RE and he told her it was on the wrong setting. I was almost given an antibiotic that I am allergic to. The same nurse also gave me wrong medication instructions twice.
Colorado Springs

He [Dr. Magarelli] is a very straight forward doctor and some might interpret him as rude but he's just honest. He told me my chances of conceiving at the beginning of the process and didn't sugar coat anything. He did not do any of my monitoring scans except the last one but I felt like I could talk to him if needed, as he was always in the office. He did my egg retrieval but the other doctor he works with did my transfer, though he was in the room.
They [Hight Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] do thorough testing of both partners. I did not always get my test results however, and didn't know what certain things meant. They do a class before you start your cycle that was helpful. In the class they go over the different medications and how/where to inject. The office itself is very clean.... The cycle itself was $5900 I believe and medications were about another $3000
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a very straight forward doctor and some might interpret him as rude but he's just honest. He told me my chances of conceiving at the beginning of the process and didn't sugar coat anything. He did not do any of my monitoring scans except the last one but I felt like I could talk to him if needed, as he was always in the office. He did my egg retrieval but the other doctor he works with did my transfer, though he was in the room. I think he's a great doctor who has a lot of knowledge and experience to offer.
Have tough skin
The doctor was great but sometimes it seemed like there was a lack of communication between me and the office. I think because they have so many patients.
They were very nice overall but were slow to respond on the clinics patient portal.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They do thorough testing of both partners. I did not always get my test results however, and didn't know what certain things meant. They do a class before you start your cycle that was helpful. In the class they go over the different medications and how/where to inject. The office itself is very clean.
The cycle itself was $5900 I believe and medications were about another $3000
We did not have our embryos genetically tested. Because of that he agreed to let us transfer two.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Paul Magarelli] is a very knowledge doctor. I understand that he has many patients, but I felt that he didn't take enough notes because he did not remember things we had talked about before. But once I reminded him of things, he seemed to go with the flow and answer most of the questions I had.... His bedside manner isn't the greatest. He does have a "know-it" all attitude, but don't take it personally. Wouldn't you want a doctor who is confident in what he does?
[High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers'] Strength - Communicates very well when portal works. Appointments are always available. Weakness - Portal (only way of communication) is constantly down. If you work, plan to take off a lot and wait a couple hours for an an appointment.... 8,900 for IVF with ICIS and genetic testing, $400 for anesthesia, meds vary by age
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
A lot of people say that he pushes IVF and most of the time there is something "wrong" with the husband's sperm. I didn't feel like he pushed anything. But at the same time, I did feel like IVF was the area he was most knowledgeable in. He won't talk money with you, if you have questions about finances or how to pay he will direct you to his other staff. Mostly my experience has been pleasant.
He is a very knowledge doctor. I understand that he has many patients, but I felt that he didn't take enough notes because he did not remember things we had talked about before. But once I reminded him of things, he seemed to go with the flow and answer most of the questions I had.
Very nice and communicates very well.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
We were told that we would have an opinion on how many were transferred. But his goal is One Happy Healthy Baby.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I felt like he [Dr. Paul Magarelli] was knowledgeable about everything. Many of my questions were met with a quick response with several levels of detail. Sometimes I felt like the information was going to be impossible to retain, but once I got started with treatment, I caught on soon...He seems like he really wants to help you...
I had so many questions during treatment [at High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers], but everyone was answered, and each person provided us with support – medically and emotionally...The staff were comforting and knowledgeable from the start and helped us feel ready to proceed with IVF. The nurse was very encouraging and funny. Sometimes she seemed very busy and I feel like she wished she could have spent more time with me. I'm thankful for her care and her staffs care.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt like he was knowledgeable about everything. Many of my questions were met with a quick response with several levels of detail. Sometimes I felt like the information was going to be impossible to retain, but once I got started with treatment, I caught on soon.
He seems like he really wants to help you.
I had so many questions during treatment, but everyone was answered, and each person provided us with support – medically and emotionally.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Extremely welcoming and warm staff. They really want to help you and will do everything to make you feel comfortable. They are full of energy, so be prepared for that. I feel like they could benefit from having a larger staff. Sometimes I would see one person doing so many tasks.
Colorado Springs

He [Dr. Magarelli] always made sure we knew everything and we understood the process thoroughly. He was very upfront and honest about what was going on during the process. He was always willing to help and answer any questions at anytime....We went in unsure of what route we were going to take. He explained both routes and which one he thinks might be better. He also did preliminary testing to let us know our chances for each route. We went with his protocol which was RIVF and it worked the first time!
I love this clinic [High Quality Affordable Fertility]! They all knew us and welcomed us in, even after having the baby they loved us going back and showing them what they helped do. It was a miracle and they helped achieve it. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way....Very honest, sympathetic. and genuine in what they do. Very big support system...Everyone including the dr. Knew us by name and helped us tremendously throughout the process! They were very genuine and heartfelt.
South Asian, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
He always made sure we knew everything and we understood the process thoroughly. He was very upfront and honest about what was going on during the process. He was always willing to help and answer any questions at anytime.
Make sure to be honest with him so he can help you the best way and can take the right course of action.
They were excellent! Very honest, sympathetic. and genuine in what they do. Very big support system
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love this clinic! They all knew us and welcomed us in, even after having the baby they loved us going back and showing them what they helped do. It was a miracle and they helped achieve it. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
The cost for everything was very reasonable. They also helped with medications
He explained the approach on transferring a single vs multiple and the outcome it could have.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I was very nervous and apprehensive in the beginning but was reassured and had all of my questions answered. I was walked through my options and they made sure I was informed throughout my treatment. it was like having my own cheer leading squad.... He's [Dr. Magarelli] an energy ball. Don't be put off by it. He really wants to help.... Had to take some stimulation meds which made me ovulate more. After that, I had an egg retrieval. They inseminated the eggs to make 4 embryos. 3 were healthy.
I really needed the strong support and encouragement through all of this. The clinic [Repro Med and Fertility Ctr] took extra initiative to make sure I was comfortable and understood what was going on. Sometimes, they seemed a little unorganized with knowing who was supposed to see me next. But that could just be that they had some new people working there.... They were very encouraging and genuinely cared about my pregnancy.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
He's an energy ball. Don't be put off by it. He really wants to help.
I was greeted with encouragement and positivity every visit, starting with my first.
They were very encouraging and genuinely cared about my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I really needed the strong support and encouragement through all of this. The clinic took extra initiative to make sure I was comfortable and understood what was going on. Sometimes, they seemed a little unorganized with knowing who was supposed to see me next. But that could just be that they had some new people working there.
The costs were great. I didn't realize how much more money other clinics were charging for the same level of care.