CNY Fertility Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
5451 SOUTHWESTERN BLVD
ROCHESTER, NY 14610‎
195 INTREPID LANE
SYRACUSE, NY 13205
315.469.8700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 171Neutral: 30Don't recommend: 109.2
They [CNY Fertility Ctr] get a LOT of people in there to help with fertility, which I think is great. They obviously have crazy schedules to manage, and they do it. I have never waited beyond an appointment time to be seen. There is no personalization in treatment. You really are just a number at this place, although some staff and doctors are absolutely a pleasure - they treat you w/ some familiarity and truly seem to care about your success. It's great that they have their "Healing Arts" place upstairs too.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They get a LOT of people in there to help with fertility, which I think is great. They obviously have crazy schedules to manage, and they do it. I have never waited beyond an appointment time to be seen. There is no personalization in treatment. You really are just a number at this place, although some staff and doctors are absolutely a pleasure - they treat you w/ some familiarity and truly seem to care about your success. It's great that they have their "Healing Arts" place upstairs too. It's a really nice spa-like atmosphere. I also really like the fertility immunology options they offer. I went to another clinic previously and never even heard of such a thing. They are obviously progressive in the treatments they offer, and I for one appreciate that.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Interactions with the doctor were always good and informative. He was comforting and positive about possibilities. HE did not make me feel like a number - it's the way patients are managed at the clinic that really makes you feel that way. No one really knows your case personally, mistakes are made, and you constantly have to closely monitor your own instructions/treatment plan for inconsistencies.
It's really frustrating that no one really knows your case to provide you personal treatment. Some staff are really friendly and willing to help with questions/issues. Niccole Davey has been great. She is the only member of nursing staff I can match a name and face for. I called once to ask a question about the fertility immunology services they offer - just general about when things are usually administered in a cycle. I was connected to clinic staff who seemed to be working from home. She was flat-out rude, and children were yelling in the background. I told her why I was calling, and she said, "Well I didn't make those recommendations so I don't know what to tell you." I literally was asking for general information. I ended up going into the patient portal to find whoever entered my information last and emailed her. Staff in general though is not warm. It's apparent that they really don't know anyone, and they are rushing people through. I get that they are working hard to help as many people as they can (and earn as many holla dolla bills as possible), but that's a real turn off. It would be so much better if there was an assigned nurse for my case, who knew what was going on and had a rapport with me.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I only saw the doctor for retrieval and transfer, and he was very personable both times. He was informative, calming, and positive about our treatment. Although our time with him was limited, he took the time to show us things during transfer and explained things further.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I would definitely trust him for any future procedures.
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My cycle was initially supposed to be an IUI w/injectables and I converted to IVF when I was unexpectedly far more responsive to meds. During stimulation I used GonalF 450 and Menopur 150 for 10 days and then triggered w/Pregnyl 10000 on day 11. I also took Cetrotide .25 days 7-11. Retrieval was day 13. I was given Gonal F due to a history of Follistim allergy. 8 follicles matured, 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 made it to the next day, and they were frozen on day 3. I took a prenatal vitamin and aspirin 81mg throughout. For FET: Take/administer the following medication(s) - Thu 09/06/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily - Fri 09/07/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily - Sat 09/08/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily - Sun 09/09/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily - Mon 09/10/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily - Tue 09/11/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily - Wed 09/12/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily - Thu 09/13/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Return to clinic on Thursday, September 13, 2018 for the following test(s): Follicular, Estradiol, Progesterone and LH - Thu 09/13/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily - Fri 09/14/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) intramuscularly twice daily . 9/14/18 I also did intralipid infusion and HCG uterine wash w/Pregnyl 10000. - Sat 09/15/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) intramuscularly twice daily . - Sun 09/16/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) intramuscularly twice daily . - Mon 09/17/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) intramuscularly twice daily . FET 9/17/18. I did acupuncture at the clinic before and after my transfer of 2 embryos. - Mon 09/17/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Tue 09/18/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Wed 09/19/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Thu 09/20/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Fri 09/21/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily o Intralipids 20 %, 100 ml bag- Infuse 100ml as directed- DELIVER INTRALIPIDS TO PATIENT, 100 ml bag- Infuse 100ml as directed - DELIVER INTRALIPIDS TO OFFICE Bloodwork completed. - Sat 09/22/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily Acupuncture at clinic. - Sun 09/23/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Mon 09/24/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Tue 09/25/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Wed 09/26/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Thu 09/27/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily - Fri 09/28/2018: o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly twice daily o Return to clinic on Friday, September 28, 2018 for the following test(s): Progesterone and HCG5 I've used progesterone in oil due to a peanut allergy in prometrium and bad reactions historically to Crinone and Endometrim.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
3900 for IVF. FET and monitoring is about 1000. Acupuncture was 70. Not sure about intralipid infusions/HCG wash - still waiting to see if insurance covers.
Describe Edward Ditkoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
No one really had a conversation with us about the number of embryos to transfer. Based on research my husband and I did on our own and my age, we decided on 2.
LATHAM
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I did all of my monitoring locally in Virginia with my ob/gyn then travelled to [CNY Fertility Center in] NY for retrieval...My costs for my IVF cycle in July was $4,150 plus $3,200 with medications...highly recommends a singleton transfer vs. a multiple transfer due to the safety and risks. He does allow you to make the choice if you choose to transfer more than 1...this practice is in high demand because they try to make it affordable. But please note that the nursing staff is very busy. Booking appts for consults could take up to months. I would recommend making plans ahead of time and know when you will want to start your cycle there.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think that new patients should know that this practice is in high demand because they try to make it affordable. But please note that the nursing staff is very busy. Booking appts for consults could take up to months. I would recommend making plans ahead of time and know when you will want to start your cycle there.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz truly cares about his patients. Even though sometimes you feel like a medical number vs. a human when dealing with the office itself (they are very busy), he does personally call you to follow up. You can always email, text him as well and he answers. He has been a great supporter throughout the journey so far.
I don't believe I had an assigned nurse. Everyone that contacted me was more than wonderful. I had Kim, Brenly and some others. All were very informative and made sure I understood directions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz has always seen my care through and through. He has been a supporter, friend, educator and doctor. He has followed up with me in regards to my care and for my future IVF needs. I highly recommend him to so many in my shoes! I wish we could clone him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The one advice I would give any patient regarding Dr. Kiltz would be to be patient and listen.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was under the antagonist protocol using Menopur, Gonal F and Cetrotide. I stimulated for 10 days and egg retrieval was on day 14 of my cycle. At my last ultrasound, I had been told I had 14 follicles and during my egg retrieval, the doctor was able to retrieve 11 eggs. I was astonished that the medications did what they were supposed to. However, the quality of my eggs was not there for them to fertilize. Embryology tried to do everything they could.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I did all of my monitoring locally in Virginia with my ob/gyn then travelled to NY for retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
My costs for my IVF cycle in July was $4,150 plus $3,200 with medications. I also paid out of pocket $50 for each monitoring apt with my local ob/gyn plus lab work. After my failed cycle, I was told to have a Laproscopy and Hysteroscopy. I have not received a bill for this yet but this is related to trying to have another cycle hopefully someday in the future.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
My doctor highly recommends a singleton transfer vs. a multiple transfer due to the safety and risks. He does allow you to make the choice if you choose to transfer more than 1. My plan was to transfer 2 embryos but unfortunately we didn't make it that far.
IVF, Donor Eggs
My husband left a semen sample that was meant to be frozen for future embryos [at CNY Fertility Center]. The clinic mistook it as a semen analysis and discarded the sample after the analysis. We were not charged for the test...It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, staff are friendly, and has a built in “spa” for accupuncture and massage - easily accessible for transfer day. Really a beautiful facility. It was easy to travel to, nearby hotels offer discounts for patients using the clinic, and overall has an impressive, calming atmosphere that doesn’t feel like an IVF clinic
Dr. Kiltz makes himself accessible to his patients by giving his cell phone number and personal email. Because it’s a high volume clinic, he won’t know you or your details without looking at a chart, but he is willing to listen and refresh his memory about your situation with each encounter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The only negative thing about our nurse coordinator was that she was hard to get in touch with. She communicates primarily through the online portal and is difficult to reach by phone.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz wants his patients and clinic to succeed. He makes himself accessible to his patients at all times. When our first donor egg round didn’t yield results we were hoping for, he gave us another round for free. I’ve never heard of another clinic doing that. He does have controversial opinions on diet and immunities- which makes him try things more “out of the box” than other doctors. He will talk to you about diet and environment on a soap box- whether or not you believe in his opinion.
Remember this is a high volume clinic and procedures won’t necessarily be catered to you individually. You’ll start with a standard protocol and work mainly with nurses. Still, Dr. Kiltz is reputable, aggressive, and will try anything to help you get pregnant. He wants his patients to succeed
Dr. Kiltz believes that inflammation and diet cause transfers to fail - so he adds antibiotics, presidone, and prograf to the standard estogen and progesterone. On our second transfer he was more aggressive with the immunity protocol- adding nuepogen, lovenox, and intralipids all to reduce inflammation for the transfer.
CNY is specifically known for low cost care. The prices are less than half of what local clinics charge. It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
Our first round we transferred 2 three-day embryos on account that they weren’t graded very highly. Our second transfer we were recommended to transfer one 3-day because it looked great. Neither worked so I’m glad we didn’t “waste” embryos by transferring 2 at a time. Dr. Kiltz was open to transferring 2 if I would have pushed but I went with his suggestion.
LATHAM
My favorite part about going to CNY is the nursing staff. They are all compassionate and caring. I do all my monitoring at the Rochester location and they are almost always on time and get me in and out so I can go to work which is another huge plus!...I was advised to only transfer one embryo due to my age (30). I was advised this not only by Dr. Corley but also by the embryology team so I went with this advice.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think a strength is that a lot of the care is delegated to NPs, PAs, and RN's who can do the monitoring and many of the procedures (all my IUI's were done by these folks). I would say a weakness is each time I need to travel to Syracuse for procedures I encounter long wait times (one-two hours). The Rochester location runs smoothly and on time though!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
He spent a lot of time answering all my questions during out IVF consultation- and and I A LOT of them! I never felt rushed and his answers were thoughtful and helped me to better understand things moving forward.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
I experienced both my IVF consult and my first FET with Dr. Corley. I was happy he was doing the transfer because he had answered so many of my questions during our consult and I felt he cared about my understanding of the process. He explained what was happening as it occurred during my first FET and made sure I knew when to look so I was able to see the embryo as it transferred over. After the embryo transfer he held our hands while explaining next steps and told us not to worry- this was a really nice gesture and I left the whole experience feeling relaxed and hopeful for what is to come!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Come with questions and they will be answered!
Describe the protocols David Corley used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used menopur and gonal for stim meds as well as a lupron trigger as my ovaries are poly cystic. He recommended freezing all embryos as I was at a higher risk of OHSS so my body had time to recover post retrieval and prior to our FET. We had 26 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, and 6 frozen. Still waiting on results from our first FET!
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Corley at CNY Fertility Center.
I know our FET cost $250, they will continue to cost $250 each transfer until we use all 6 frozen embryos or until we become pregnant.
Describe David Corley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
They strongly recommend one embryo [at CNY Fertility Center] however they will make you aware of the risk if doing multiple. Depending on your situation they do allow for multiple embryo transfers...Clinics strengths are they are organized, communicate well, and the actual ombeonce of the clinic is relaxing and comfortable. A weakness of theirs is they have a lot of patients so occasionally things can get messed up. However, they are always able to fix things right away.
5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
They were very personable and everyone at the clinic made you feel like they were their only patient.
The nursing staff calls and communicates your protocol to you and answers any questions you may have. A nurse is always available 24/7 to talk to you. They are organized and the best when you are with them in person.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman explains everything really well. He also makes you feel comfortable. He always gives you a chance to ask any questions you have. Only weakness to me is he talks in a manner that he sounds like he is the host of a television show.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or have him explain things to you.
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My protocol was made up of menopur 75iu, Gonal-f 225iu, cetrotide, and double lupron trigger for egg retrieval. I also took theralogix supplements ovavite and ovasitol as a prenatal and egg quality purposes. For transfer I stayed on theralogix vitamins and added: baby aspirin, LDN, estradiol, prednisone, progesterone, pio injections. My first transfer ended in a chemical. This second transfer I am taking the same medications but we added in plaquenil and I am doing Dr. Kiltz extreme keto diet
I did not monitor at CNY. I live in Michigan so I did local monitoring at a fertility clinic close to my home.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
Egg Retrieval $4050 (includes $150 local monitoring fee) Transfer $250 Embryo glue $100 Hcg wash $50 (without medication) Intralipid infusion $100 2 30min acupuncture/massage sessions $70 Free nutritional information Free yoga classes
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
They strongly recommend one embryo however they will make you aware of the risk if doing multiple. Depending on your situation they do allow for multiple embryo transfers.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
We bought our plane tickets, booked a hotel then waited for them [CNY Fertility Center] to call or send us a med list. Nothing came. Finally we called them and they told us it’s too late to start a cycle this month. We lost all the money from the tickets. Our first retrieval, we didn’t know they called in several refills on our meds. Well we ran out of Gonal the day before trigger. So we called them and they said it’s too late to get it overnighted so we had to pay OOP $1000 at a local pharmacy.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This is the most amazing clinic you’ll ever go to. It feels like a high end spa. You get your Accupuncture treatments right there, there’s free fertility yoga, and it’s beautiful. Like the four seasons or something
He was willing to give us all the help we needed and volunteered to do more without us having to ask. That means a lot when you’re under the duress of fertility treatments.
Having lived close to the clinic and far from it, I got to work with 2 different “teams”. The regular on site team is amazing- communicating well, experienced, caring. The travel team, well, they’re pretty bare bones. If you’re commuting to the clinic from another state then you get the travel team. I admit it’s a challlenge on their part to provide patient care over the phone so you can’t really expect much, but they really should try to bridge the gap somehow and they don’t. They are either too busy or don’t realize that you’re not getting any care from whichever facility you’re monitoring with. If you’re not doing a retrieval or transfer they don’t answer your phone calls some days. Some of the nurses have no idea what a protocol is or what to do. Your guess is often better than theirs. Your discharge to your ob when you do get pregnant is- they don’t email you anymore. I have to say my miscarriage might not have happened if I was prepared for leaving the clinic and what to do with my meds. I had to ask a bunch of times which meds to take after leaving. I didn’t agree with what they said, but it’s hard to advocate for yourself over email. A phone call could clear up a lot
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Out of the box thinker, kind and fun to be around. He made me feel comfortable with the process. He did my lapro surgery and after explained very thoroughly what is going on. He didn’t seem rushed at all to get to the next patient. He went in and visited with my family while I was recovering. He was willing to treat things proactively which I really appreciated. Too often with fertility doctors want you to fail first. They wouldn’t do that with any other disease. They wouldn’t wait till you get pneumonia to give you antibiotics. They wouldn’t make you break your arm twice before putting a cast on. Kilts did all the testing that they usually wait until you have 2 miscarriages. We only had one but he wanted to do everything. I wish we went to him sooner is my only regret. So many other doctors I’ve consulted with said they wouldn’t even have done the testing it’s so insulting.
Just do your research. He doesn’t recommend PGS testing but if you want it then make it happen.
My first protocol was the standard antagonist protocol. Stimmed with cetrotide and gonalf only. We were on a budget so he let us skip the menopur.
Self pay $7000 including bare bones meds and a surgery. Not including airfare, etc. That is for 1 retrieval and 2 transfers
Kiltz is a strong advocate for single transfer which is good. However it should be more strictly enforced. It was fairly easy for us to get as many as we wanted transferred because if Kiltz isn’t available another doctor stands in for him and the other doctors aren’t as strict
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Ordering the drugs [at CYN Fertility Center] is CRAZY! They come from all different places (because they are trying to save you money) but you don't get a checklist of drugs to expect and where to call to get them. The first cycle I was scrambling as I was missing things...Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The strengths are the nursing and front desk staff. The free yoga is a nice touch, but the instructors are not consistent and really vary in skill. The weakness is no real coordination of care. I should say I have EXCELLENT insurance so money was not a factor. I know many people choose this clinic for its pricing.
This is a very busy clinic. I am not among the chosen ones who had the doctor's home number. Nobody is "in charge" of your file. You see a rotating cast of nurses and the doctor is almost never involved. Over time, I felt my situation had changed. I started as a single person and then moved to having trouble conceiving with a partner. After multiple losses, nobody contacted me, or decided to change the plan. I always had to advocate and enquire. I didn't know much when I started as I was single and did not yet know I had fertility issues. This was a real set back. The doctor is also on a ridiculous Keto diet kick. It does not matter why you are there, he will tell you about it. This is EXTREMELY hurtful after a low egg retrieval or a miscarriage to be grilled on your diet. Also, I mentioned that I had been severely anorexic and a restrictive diet was not an option for me. He ignored this and continued to praise high-fat foods.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle G)
So the main issue here is nobody is a "care coordinator". I learned from friends who went here to find a nurse I like and ask for them. Also, after two years, you know everyone! My unofficial main nurse was amazing. Always knew my file, compassionate and willing to press the doctor when I needed.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
This person is completely a monomaniac about diet. He neglected to send me for some very important tests which could have given insight into why I have recurrent pregnancy loss. I was not told about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in. He throws a lot of off-label use drugs at harder to treat patients and I am not sure to what extent these help. I am a professor. I find him extremely condescending and talks as if I am a complete idiot being fooled by "the food industry". I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!" - I don't let students make arguments based on "I once knew somebody who...." A doctor should know better!
Go somewhere else. Or know a lot about your situation and have a plan. Ask to see Dr Corley.
IUI #1 - BFN Some drugs leading up to IUI, can't recall Egg Collection #1: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 13 eggs- 2 made it to 5 day freeze iui#2: Chemical Egg collection #2: Menopur, Follistim (after when it went badly, he was like, oh you really should not have skipped the hcg!) 4 eggs, 2 day 3s transferred, none frozen. Transfer 1: 2 day 3 fresh= MC at 6 weeks (lovenox, LDN, PIO, endometrin) Egg Collection #3: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 7 eggs, 4 embryos Transfer 2: two day 5s with full "immune protocol (IVIG, intralipids, hcg wash, plaquanil, neupogen) ... results TBD
Go on Tuesday or Thursday whenever you can! You get given a time, but it is actually just a line by arrival. Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
I had excellent insurance but spent about 5000$ on co-pay and prescriptions. A few of the off-label use drugs were very expensive. This is for three egg retrievals, two transfers and two IUIs.
We did two as I am close to 40 and ok with multiples
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I was extremely happy with clinic [at CNY-Syracuse] and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I was extremely happy with clinic and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. took the time to discuss protocol, medications, answer questions,.discuss results,.discuss next steps after miscarriage, and didn't rush us off the phone. Seemed genuine in his care for us and our wishes.
The nurses I had talked with were very caring. There were times when I would get conflicting answers and was confused. Also, it is hard to get a hold of or get a call back from a nurse after leaving a message. I used the patient portal most of the time which I received faster results.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I only talked to him on the phone but he made us feel like we were important and not just another couple having issues. He was genuine and caring. He explained different options and the potential risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very thorough and will repeat himself to ensure you understand what he is saying so just have patience
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
350 gonal f , ldn, prednisone, cleocin, zpack, with bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring 3 days before trigger. Went to new york for egg retrieval. Started fresh transfer meds including progesterone and estradiol. Transferred 2 day 4 embryos. Successful pregnancy witg twins and miscarried at 7 weeks
I was an out of state patient so I monitored in ohio and not in new York
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center.
$3900 plus monitoring and medications
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I have been to the Syracuse and the Rochester clinic [CNY] and they are both beautiful and comfortable. Very relaxing atmospheres. A lot of time and effort is invested in keeping the clinics clean and comforting and they always have relative merchandise available as well as complimentary beverages....I really enjoyed Daniella and Catherine, they are very relate-able and interested in your life....The phone staff are horrible they are rude, impatient and have no compassion for how stressful this is for the patient
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I have been to the Syracuse and the Rochester clinic and they are both beautiful and comfortable. Very relaxing atmospheres. A lot of time and effort is invested in keeping the clinics clean and comforting and they always have relative merchandise available as well as complimentary beverages.
Dr. Klitz very clearly cares about his patients and their fertility outcomes as well as their overall health. Dr. Klitz has even attended support groups held at his clinic to help answer questions and bring comfort. He freely gives out his cell phone and tells patient to call when ever and he means it. The plans and options his clinic offers demonstrates that they care more about the patients then success rates.
I really enjoyed Daniella and Catherine, they are very relate-able and interested in your life. But Leigh Houghton and many of the LDNs aren't as compassionate nor are they good listeners. The phone staff are horrible they are rude, impatient and have no compassion for how stressful this is for the patient
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Klitz is clearly a very caring and invested physician. He is blunt but also warm and very knowledgeable. He is very busy so he can be rushed and he often isn't available for monitoring appointments.
Ask questions! Do be afraid to be active in decisions regarding your care.
my first IVF cycle was gonal-f 300IU with cetrotide as the antagonist and HGC since i couldn't afford Menopur. I had 3 eggs retrieved and none fertilized. For my next round I primed for 30 days with Omnitrope, .33mg a day and estrogen, I also started taking 3mg a day of LDN. Then for stimming i took 450IU of Gonal-f and 150 IU of Menopur, I triggered with Leuoprolide for that round I had 1-egg retrieved which fertilized. We froze this egg, I did an HGC wash and started on Emdometrin, PIO and estrace and then did a transfer which failed. For the next round I am priming for 30 days with Omnitrope, and 7 days of estrace. For stimming I will do 150iu of Gonal-f with cetrotide as the antagonist and 4 2.5mg of Letrozole since i am a poor responder to stim meds
IVF is not covered by my insurance so the retrieval, freezing and transfers are all paid out of pocket. Prior to meeting my deductible monitoring totaled around $825, The IVF cycle that resulted in 0 eggs cost me $1900 and the IVF cycle that failed cost $4500. Drugs ranged from $4000 to $500 per cycle
Due to my low embryo count this was never dicussed
2007 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Everyone is friendly except the 2 reception girls they never smile. Look miserable like they don't want to be their to work. The clinic [CNY- Albany] is a very peaceful environment when you walk in you wouldn't think it's a Drs office. It def. Helps to relieve some stress.... Greta and Eileen are the best team of nurses ever. And my husband and I are forever greatful they work for cny and that they were willing to go above and beyond for us. We owe our children's lives to them.
2007 - 2018
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone is friendly except the 2 reception girls they never smile. Look miserable like they don't want to be their to work. The clinic is a very peaceful environment when you walk in you wouldn't think it's a Drs office. It def. Helps to relieve some stress.
He was very personable. Went over my history thoroughly discussed options and made a plan TOGETHER! he always wanted to make sure we we're 100% on board with any treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
Greta Joost is amazing. I had her for my first 2007-2009 cycles with cny very personable, caring always willing to go above and beyond. When I started my 2017 cycles Greta had moved to a travel coordinator. Was super sad but went with the next best nurse. Had some head butting with that nurse. Spoke with Greta as we are friends and she told me she was in the office 3 days a week doing travel pt. Stuff but would gladly scan me and get me pregnant on our last cycle as we just could not afford the out of pocket injectable meds anymore. First appt. Back with Greta I asked her if she could look up my last cycle that I did with her that was successful. That I wanted to do the same as that one. We looked at it discussed our plan of action set it in stone and went about our cycle. Currently pregnant with b/b twins. I wouldn't be if it was not for Greta going above and beyond and listening and willing to do what we did before when we were successful. I owe my children to her. The other nurse that I dealt with was Eileen Clark! Another AMAZING nurse. Was my.main blood draw nurse. In and out no problem hardly new she poked me with a needle. Had her through my 2007-2009 cycles. She moved to a telephone nurse for my 2017-2018 cycles but again she went above and beyond and would come down to do my blood draws. She always was smiling and had a great sense of humor. Greta and Eileen are the best team of nurses ever. And my husband and I are forever greatful they work for cny and that they were willing to go above and beyond for us. We owe our children's lives to them. I feel if we did not have these two as our A team we would be empty handed sad and miserable. Keep up the awesome work ladies, as you are the best in our eyes!
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman was very up front and truthful. He told me we're in this process together and that we will get a successful pregnancy. He is very caring and has a funny sense of humor. He def. Lightens the stressful situation. Even though I only saw him a couple of times through my cycles he was always avail to answer and questions and was always very friendly in the halls.
He is their to help you achieve your goals of a baby. Be upfront on your history and be honest on what you want and don't want.
First cycle was a clomid cycle. Follicles did not grow like they should of so they canceled the cycle. Next cycle we started on injectables bravelle and menopur. Started at low dose adventually got to 300/300 follicles grew we triggered with hcg. Ended in a chemical preg. Cycle 3 started with 300/300 triggered with hcg ended with chemical. Had a talk with Dr. Grossman to see what we could do he added lovenox and hcg boosters to the next cycle. Dx of reoccurring pregnancy loss. Cycle 3 300/300 foliicule grew triggered with hcg did lovenox and hcg boosters ended with a life birth of b/g twins @34wks Fast forward 8 yrs. Cycle 4 injectables follistim/ menopur ended in a chemical ( they we're steering away from hcg boosters as they say they don't help.). Cycle 5 &6 chemical pregnancy cycle 7 I pushed to ha e lovenox and hcg boosters added as that's the only way I had a successful pregnancy. Dr. Grossman agreed and added it to cycle. Currently pregnant with twins again.
LATHAM
It [CNY-Buffalo] is beautiful, peaceful, and very clean! It is also comforting and very homeish. The waiting room has a fire place and tea and coffee, beautiful pairings and sculptures. The consult rooms have cozy chairs and couches. The colors are very easy and comforting as well... The nursing staff and receptionist are all so awesome, very kind and understanding. Some times they are understaffed though
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It is beautiful, peaceful, and very clean! It is also comforting and very homeish. The waiting room has a fire place and tea and coffee, beautiful pairings and sculptures. The consult rooms have cozy chairs and couches. The colors are very easy and comforting as well
He is very friendly, helps you understand and asks if you have questions, he always is smiling and very helpful!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He sat with me for quite a while and talked to me as a friend. Very smiley and confident that he can help. He is very assuring and helped me feel better as well. When we went through my procedure he was very patient and explained everything both before during and after the procedure. Dr. A has a great personality and passion for what he does.
Don’t worry! Dr. A will explain everything!!
Dr. Arroyo talked with me for over an hour during my initial visit. He went through several procedures that I would need, as we are in the process of a pgd I needed two tests done first and my husband needed an SIS as well. I know that we are not I fertile, but my husband and I are both carriers for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, as our daughter, Saydee passed away from respiratory failure in 2016. Dr. A also ordered genetic testing for both my husband and I, to help uncover which genes are affected. We will be utilizing pre genetic diagnosis with invetro fertilization in the near future.
Not sure yet, but all of my visits have just been copays so far
Describe Armando Arroyo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
We will be using eSET for our IVF, as our embryos will be diagnosed and tested for SMA
HAMBURG
The clinic [CNY - Syracuse] feels like a spa. Calm, inviting atmosphere. When you walk in you don't feel like you are there for some major medical procedure. The waiting room is comfortable and there's coffee. Consult rooms are comfortable and inviting.... IVF costs $3900 plus meds. Monitoring for IVF is 800(approx). FET are $250 for the first year plus meds. FET monitoring is $750. Acupuncture is $70... Nursing staff that i interacted with was kind and patient.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic feels like a spa. Calm, inviting atmosphere. When you walk in you don't feel like you are there for some major medical procedure. The waiting room is comfortable and there's coffee. Consult rooms are comfortable and inviting.
Dr, Kiltz is one of the kindest people I have ever met. When I was leaving the office one day I was visibly upset. It was the end of the day and he was sitting at a desk in the hallway working. I was trying desperately not to make eye contact. He could have easily brushed me off and let me leave. Instead he grabbed my hand and we went into a conference room where he talked with me for about 30 minutes about our plan moving forward.
Nursing staff that i interacted with was kind and patient. They took the time to explain procedures and medications, as well as answer any questions that I may have. I had to bring my son to a few appointments and they were kind and engaged with him as well.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
As mentioned in my previous answer Dr. Kiltz is incredibly kind and compassionate. He will answer questions via text, even after hours. He has always made me feel like my case is important to him, despite the fact that he is very busy.
Dr. Kiltz is very high energy, speaks quickly and can be a little over the top at times. He gets results and wants you to have the experience you're looking for, complete with a healthy baby, but it's important to note that he's busy and sometimes you need to wait to hear back from him.
Dr. Kiltz uses a variety of different protocols depending on the specific situation. He will generally recommend a keto diet to all patients. During my first IVF cycle I did a basic protocol. For my next cycle I am priming (diet and supplements for 60 days and then hgh for 30) and following an autoimmune protocol to help battle inflammation from PCOS.
IVF costs $3900 plus meds. Monitoring for IVF is 800(approx). FET are $250 for the first year plus meds. FET monitoring is $750. Acupuncture is $70 (bogo for transfer so you can do before and after for the same price)
I think they generally suggest one but will allow you to transfer more if the situation warrants it or you truly want to.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
CNY is a great place and we are lucky to have them. The staff is great and their methods work. Only suggestion we have is with follow up. Unless we were proactive CNY did not follow up to keep up on our path. We have had 2 successful transfers although we have also had 2 losses. CNY has been supportive and we know they will help us achieve our goal of creating a family.... We have had issues getting prescriptions sent over to our pharmacy. Phone calls are not always the best method. Requests through the portal work better.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr Grossman has been open with us through every step of our journey. He has been available to communicate what was going on and to answer questions and help us make decisions about our future
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marianne Marx)
The nursing staff treated us like family and communicated all information with us regularly.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Grossman has always been caring and open with us. He has been very professional and answered all our questions. During all my procedures he answered any questions and took great care of us. The only suggestion I have for Dr. Grossman is he is not always very firm with his suggestions although I understand some situations do not always have a clear cut answer
Just ask as many questions as possible
For IVF my protocol was Gonal F 300 iu once daily, hcg-lh 10 iu once daily and prenatal. On day 5 he added Cetrotide .25 mg in the AM and on day 9 was Lupron (trigger) 4 mg. My retieval was day 11. I had 19 eggs collected, 14 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5 for freezing. No fresh transfer. For FET both times my protocol was Estrace 2 mg (twice daily vaginally), Prednisone 5 mg, aspirin 81 mg and prenatal 2 weeks before transfer. One week before transfer started progesterone in oil 50 mg injection. Also cleocin for 3 days. 5 days before transfer added Endometrin 100 mg (vaginally twice daily). Day before transfer added Prograf .5 mg twice daily. Also did weekly intralipid IV and acupuncture before and after transfer. Discontinued Prograf day of positive pregnancy test. Outcome was positive pregnancy test both times.
We spent about $10,000 for IVF including medications. For our FET it was about $3,000.
After a successful single FET we followed the same protocol for our second transfer.
2014 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
I think the clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr] is great. The prices and location is ideal and the team that they have is excellent.... For the most part the entire nursing staff is amazing. There are a couple nurses where I feel like I’m just another check mark on their list of things to get done, but that is the exception not the rule. Overall the nursing staff is very patient, knowledgeable, and kind.... There was one time that a prescription was not sent to the pharmacy. I called the nurses station and it was promptly taken care of.
2014 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think the clinic is great. The prices and location is ideal and the team that they have is excellent. I feel listened to and cared for whenever I go there. It feels like you are part of a family and not just another patient to be seen.
The doctor was never in a hurry and always took the time to answer all questions we had.
For the most part the entire nursing staff is amazing. There are a couple nurses where I feel like I’m just another check mark on their list of things to get done, but that is the exception not the rule. Overall the nursing staff is very patient, knowledgeable, and kind. I’ve been a patient at CNY for so long that I have formed some close relationships with many of the staff. They will call to check in to make sure medications are working and that I am not having adverse reactions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very kind and compassionate. His knowledge of infertility is vast and he is always reviewing the treatment plan to make sure you are getting the best possible care. I’m always impressed by the new and different things he thinks of to try. Identify is so optimistic and positive about the whole experience. I always feel hopeful when working with him.
Ask questions and don’t be afraid to talk candidly with the doctor.
Dr. Kiltz has adjusted the various hormone injections that I was on to get better results during egg retrieval and transfers. He has done various things to try to combat inflammation as well.
My insurance covered most of the cost. The cost for IVF was extremely reasonable and made the procedure affordable for us.
Dr. Kiltz always says that transferring one embryo is safer for both the baby and mother.
SYRACUSE
Mary [nurse at CNY] is very friendly and made me feel comfortable about explaining all the medicine I will be on. She helped go over all of the medicine I’m currently taking for estrogen priming. She’s very positive and upbeat and gave me hope that she’s worked with other patients with my condition and they’ve had success...I was supposed to have a genetic test done before my first IVF cycle and a nurse never ordered it. They didn’t realize this until right before I was going to begin my second IVF cycle. Fortunately they ordered it and paid for it due to the mistake, and the results were totally fine.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: calm and welcoming environment. They help address issues efficiently and the nurses go above and beyond to be helpful. Weakness: sometimes challenging to get an appointment for monitoring at an ideal time
Dr. Grossman sat down with my husband and I to discuss why my first cycle likely failed. He went through all of the options we can explore to try to have a child with my own eggs. He gave us hope that it was possible to use them and that he’d be willing to try as many times as we are. He also answered all of my questions about my first cycle in detail without belittling me or making them seem silly. Additionally, he went over the pros and cons of using different dosages of medicine the next time around.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Mary is very friendly and made me feel comfortable about explaining all the medicine I will be on. She helped go over all of the medicine I’m currently taking for estrogen priming. She’s very positive and upbeat and gave me hope that she’s worked with other patients with my condition and they’ve had success.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman is very soft spoken and calm. He made my husband and I feel welcome at the clinic and made sure he answered all of our questions. He had a great sense of humor which made our conversation more light hearted, especially for such a stressful and confusing issue.
Be open about concerns you have and don’t be afraid to ask questions about different options.
We are using lower dosages of IVF drugs than we did in our first round. I’m using HGH and 1mg of estrace for a month of estrogen priming then lower stims than previously.
$4-6,000
Not at that point yet
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Most of the staff [CNY - Syracuse] is very good and attentive. Some forget to enter in times for appointments or schedule the right kind of bloodwork. Some nurses contradict each other as far as treatment plans. It would be nice if one or two nurses were assigned to you, but you could see a different nurse every time....they failed to mention that I needed to be weaned off of steroids they prescribed. Also, even though I am allergic to a certain antibiotic, and it's in my chart, the nurses always try to include it in my cycle plan.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As a whole, they are very supportive and generous. They always have coffee and tea available and the receptionists up front are always very kind. Once you're a patient, they will always make time for you or see you if you would like to be seen.
Some of the staff are very attentive, while some don't take the time to listen or input correct information into the computer. Also, having had multiple chemical pregnancies, it feels like we haven't been presented any different options that could result in a different outcome.
Most of the staff is very good and attentive. Some forget to enter in times for appointments or schedule the right kind of bloodwork. Some nurses contradict each other as far as treatment plans. It would be nice if one or two nurses were assigned to you, but you could see a different nurse every time.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a brilliant and compassionate man. It's rare to see a person, especially a doctor, who feels so strongly about their work. If I had any complain about him, it would be that he's a little rough with the ultrasound wand.
Always make sure of your appointments and that they have you scheduled for the right kind of testing.
My first 2 IUI cycles, I took letrozole(days 3-7),10mg of prednisone to combat inflamation, and 1 baby aspirin, for a healthy uterine lining, each day, and triggered with hcg on cycle day 13 IUI on day 14. Progesterone suppostories were started 2 days after the IUIs. The first resulting in a late implanting chemical pregnancy and the second with an unconfirmed ectopic. A D&C, hyteroscopy and shot of methotrexate were necessary. The next 2 IUIs were done with 150 of Gonal F daily on days 3-8 to increase egg quality. I also took the prednisone and aspirin (same dosage) and progesterone following the HCG triggered IUIs again. These times Lovenox was added to my list of meds. incase of a possible clotting issue. My insurance company wouldn't cover the blood test, so Dr. Kiltz decided it would be no harm to treat me as if I had a clotting disorder. Again, both ended in a late chemical pregnancy where my HCG would be negative for my scheduled pregnancy test, but when I would get my period, and come in for my bloodwork to start a new cycle, I would have a positive HCG that would slowly decline.
SYRACUSE
Majority of the time they are on time. At times, however, the clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr- Latham] gets very busy and appointments run late. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The financial team is always willing to speak with me, contact my insurance, and answer all of my questions....The clinic uses a hollistic approach to treatment, which includes recommending wellness activities, support groups, and following the ketogenic diet....Overall, the nursing staff are amazing.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Majority of the time they are on time. At times, however, the clinic gets very busy and appointments run late. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The financial team is always willing to speak with me, contact my insurance, and answer all of my questions. They have a wellness center, which I've heard great things about, but have not used myself. The clinic uses a hollistic approach to treatment, which includes recommending wellness activities, support groups, and following the ketogenic diet.
He took time to answer my questions, even though many of my questions do not have concrete answers.
Overall, the nursing staff are amazing. They are always friendly and willing to answer questions. Some of the nurses who draw blood and perform IUIs have better technique than others. For example, some warm the speculum and others don't. Most are willing to look through your record to ensure correct trigger date, medications, and recommend changes. O e the nurses reviewed my record at my fourth IUI and added the autoimmune medications.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns. He moves through explainations rather quickly, which in the beginning of treatment was slightly difficult to follow. He is very confident in the treatment he prescribes, even though we do not know what is wrong with my body.
Research before you go for the first time, become familar with fertility terms and abbreviations, ask questions, and don't have concrete expectations (that one is for fertility patients in general).
We did three rounds of IUI with letrozole and trigger. None resulted in pregnancy, despite having multie follicles each cycle. He was confident at consultation that this work by number three. When it didn't, he opined that IUI would likely not work for me and reccomends IVF. I cannot afford IVF right now, so one of the nurses reccomended adding prednisone and ldn this IUI cycle.
Costs are reasonable for the industry. My insurance requires a $40 copay for visits, about $50/cycle for labs, about $100/cycle for non-injectables. The financial team tells me that IVF will cost between $8 and 10k. My insurance does not cover IVF at all.
LATHAM
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
CNY is an amazing clinic, aimed at providing quality care at an affordable price for those who do not have/don't have great insurance coverage. I do feel that they need more experience when it comes to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss and reproductive immunology.... I love my nurse, Marianne Marx. She is an excellent, knowledgable nurse and I always request her for my appointments and ultrasounds. All nurses at CNY are wonderful, however, Marianne is my go to.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The doctors at CNY have one goal - to give you a child. Unfortunately my journey is still ongoing, but I do feel as though they care about me and feel bad I have not been successful yet.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Some people may say he can be very business-like, but personally I like that about him. Shows how intelligent he is on the questions you are asking him. He spends as much time with you as you need so you never feel rushed. He is a good communicator. I like having quick access to him via the patient portal message system, or, an appointment to consult with him isn't too far out when I call.
Be ready to be educated, and be ready to hear the truth about your particular situation.
My husband and I suffer from recurrent pregnancy loss. We get pregnant so easily but we have yet to be successful. My CNY cycles have been monitored, letrozole, triggered, timed intercourse. But they have still resulted in losses. I think our next step is IVF with PGS to try and weed out potential bad eggs/sperm.
Fortunately, my care thus far has been covered under my health insurance. However, if I move to IVF, I have no coverage and will have to pay out of pocket.
I have yet to do IVF
LATHAM
You can tell that the nurses love working at CNY and love what they do. They are very kind, caring and patient. If one can’t get your blood they will call another nurse in who might have a better chance. They are very timely at responding to emails and making phone calls.... He [Dr. Kiltz] puts on great chats on Facebook when he shares important information on diet or different protocols to taken for different procedures.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is wonderful. Dr Kiltz makes sure his facilities run smoothly. He is always looking to hear what his patients have to say to improve his locations. Dr Kiltz is mora than willing to give you his number and will respond with a text or call if you have any concerns or questions. He puts on great chats on Facebook when he shares important information on diet or different protocols to taken for different procedures. I would highly recommend CNY to anyone going through this journey!
Dr Grossman has a great bedside manner, but is also able to tell you exactly what you need to hear. He listens to what you have to say as well as supplying his knowledge in a professional manner.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
We were recommended through my sister in law to request Dr Grossman when setting up our consultation. My niece is a CNY baby and Dr Grossman helped them 7 years ago. We had our initial consultation with Dr Grossman. He explained everything from pre testing to statistics to different protocols we could try. He answered any questions that we had to the best that he could. He had a very positive optimistic way of getting his points across. Dr Grossman also performed my laparoscopy. He explained in detail a week before the procedure and asked if we had any questions. The day of surgery he stopped in before to check up on me and spoke to my husband after to update him on the findings. We met with him a few weeks later where he checked incisions and again was more than willing to answer any questions we had. He is always good with returning emails in a timely manner.
One piece of advice I would give is if you’re asking him a question to ask it where it puts his wife in the situation and what they would do for certain situations.
We went right into injections. After 2 unsuccessful iui’s we did a laparoscopy.
I have a copay each time I’m seen
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The only issue I had [with CNY Fertility] was more with the report on my embryos. I didn’t receive a call about how my embryos were doing on Day 5 before they were frozen. But I was able to message the embryology team and got a response within 24 hours and was given the information I needed...I spent more than those who live closer because I was a travel patient. This meant that my monitoring was done locally so the cost was higher than it would have been if I had gone to CNY for monitoring.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think CNY does an amazing job at making us feel like we are family. They have never made it seem like we are just a number, or an amount in their pockets. They tailor the protocol to each patient and they don’t batch their patients. They work around our cycles so that they aren’t manipulating our bodies any more than they have to. They are very open and explain to you what they think would be best for you when it comes to the protocol or whether to do a fresh or frozen transfer. But at the same time, they are open to listening to what you feel and think. They will change your protocol of it doesn’t work the first time instead of trying the same thing over and over. They are open to the new techniques and technology and are always learning more. They also believe in a holistic approach combined with the IVF treatment. There are times with the communication isn’t the best or it’s hard to reach the nurse staff due to the number of patients they do see. It can get frustrating at times too. However, I felt this communication issue was no different than I experienced with the past 2 fertility doctors I dealt with.
Every time I spoke with him or anyone of the staff member, they knew who I was and what my history was. I never felt like I had to explain things multiple times or remind them of what my protocol was.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Zigler )
I have been coordinating with kris for the protocol and after each monitoring appointment. When I have questions, she is the one I go to. I am a travel patient so my monitoring is done locally as opposed to being done there. However, Kris has still been a huge roll in making sure the results are in on time and that I received instructions the same day. There were times that I felt the communication could have been better but for the most part, I am very pleased with Kris and how hard she works. I dealt with another nurse the day of retrieval and her name was Deanna, not sure last name. She was amazing and made sure I was comfortable at all times. I was super nervous and she made a point to check on my frequently and made conversation to take my mind off of the procedure. She made the ER so much easier to get through.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz has been very open with us on what to expect. He has given out his personal cell number so that we can reach him anytime, no matter what. He opens himself up to help us with anything. He lets us be a part of the process every step of the way. He even does live chats where he answers questions, every couple weeks. I had another doctor do my retrieval (Dr. Corley) and Dr. Kiltz still stopped in my room before I left, to make sure everything went well and to see how I was doing. He cares about each of his patients and wants to do everything he can to help us become parents. I love that he goes to training seminars to learn more about advanced technology or new techniques to help each of us. He doesn’t give everyone the same protocol and expect it to work. He sits down and figures out what would work best for us and our particular fertility issues.
I would say to be willing to listen and be open about what you want. Dr. Kiltz wants to hear what you think or how you feel about certain things. Be prepared to be a part of the process, an advocate for yourself. He wants you to be involved.
I have not done a transfer with Dr. Kiltz yet, we are preparing for that very soon (a few weeks). For my Egg Retrieval, I was on 300u gonal-f and 150u menopur for 9 days. My trigger was 10,000u of pregnal as well as a double lupron trigger. I also took cetrotide to prevent ovulation before the trigger. I took a z-pak to prevent infection. I was also on LDN (3mg starting the month before stims), as well as prenatal, vitamin D (5000mg), and inositol. For transfer we will be doing PIO, endometrin, prograf, crione, baby aspirin, estradiol, zpak, LDN, prenatal, vitamin D, inositol, and will be doing an intralipids infusion before transfer. I am also taking levothyroxine due to hypothyroidism. The LDN is used to help with inflammation. The intralipids is used to prevent NK cells from causing a miscarriage.
I spent more than those who live closer because I was a travel patient. This meant that my monitoring was done locally so the cost was higher than it would have been if I had gone to CNY for monitoring. I also had to pay for travel expenses like gas and hotel stays. As for the clinic themselves, the only cost I had with them was the IVF fee of $3900 (out of pocket price). I also went to them for preconception testing and spent around $900. My total costs were around $10,000 which still was about $10,000-15,000 cheaper than any of the clinics where I live.
I have not done a transfer yet. But I do know that he bases the number of embryos transferred on the patient. The grade of the embryos, age of the patient, number of previous miscarriages, etc are all weighed in for his decision.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
The clinic [CNY] is very busy, I have never had any problems.. They were always very accommodating...I was a travel patient so we communicated thru the patient portal via internet.. Everytime I sent an email it was always answered by next day.. when I was in the office all the nurses were always nice and friendly.. I had medicine delivered there while I was there for transfer they went out of there way to locate it when it was late.. No bad experience with anyone
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy, I have never had any problems.. They were always very accommodating even for my husband when he wanted a massage they worked him in when I was there.. I have heard some people have issues..
I was a travel patient to there office, every question I had was always answered on time and when I was in there office DRKiltz and his staff alway took there time and were friendly.. My local RE I felt like a number and they just wanted my money..DR Kiltz has made his personal number accessible to help with any concerns
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Cny is a busy facility,but for each transfer he always took his time to come talk to me before the procedure and after.. One day me and my husband saw him walking thru the office and he stopped and talked to us like a friend and not a patient.. He does live video chats on fb to answer any questions you might have.. He explains ways to help and what he Turkey believes in.. He is like a regular person not just a DR..
He is very passionate for the ivf field, and do your research but take all of his advice especially on the keto
Bring this is my first ivf cycle I was on the standard protocol..Gonal 300 units daily,Lipton. Centroid,primed with omnitrope for 12 days prior to help with egg quality.. transfer-prednisone 10 mg daily, ldn 3mg daily, baby aspirin,estrace, endometrin.. when that failed we added in lovenox- and neuprogen for more of an immune protocol..
The cost for ivf there is $3900 that’s why I choose cny in the beginning.. I spent about $1200 on meds, travel expenses varied, I did hcg was-$100, embryo glue-100, intralipids infusion-$100
Cny lets you do what you prefer but explains the risks
IVF, Donor Eggs
3900 for a single IVF , 9000 with known donor, 4000 for 4 add on donor eggs [at CNY Fertility]...Very nice facility in Syracuse. They have a lovely spa. The entire place is relaxing and welcoming. It is decorated beautifully. They have coffee and water to drink if you get thirsty. They offer acupuncture and massage. They can do simple surgeries there too. Like remove a tube or ovary. The prices cannot be beat. They offer financing as well up to two years. You will love it there.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I wasnt ignored like other clinics I spoke with, or actually "didnt" speak with. They are super kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Sudik)
she answered my questions promptly. Helped me with anything i needed and was very nice. there was one that was of no help and her name was Katlyn Flint.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is a very kind and compassionate doctor that really cares about people more than his paycheck. He is good at what he does. He gives out his personal cell number to patients and we can contact him anytime which is a rarity these days. He got me pregnant and although I miscarried I am confident that next time will be the one that takes for the nine month long haul. He is wonderful.
Try not too worry to much and if it doesnt work the first time, dont give up hope. Sometimes it takes a few tries.
I was on the immune protocol which included, Prograf, Estrance, Progestrone (shots and suppositories), Lovenox, Prednisone, Pregnyl, Asprin, Vitamins, and another thing I took before transfer that started with a C. It was like 4 pills. I stayed in bed for 2 days after transfer even though Kiltz doesnt recommend it. I caught a bad cold the day of my transfer.
3900 for a single IVF , 9000 with known donor, 4000 for 4 add on donor eggs. Lowest prices in the field.
Usually they like to do one if you are using a young donor but I insisted on 2.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
I think they [CNY] know what they are doing, their pricing is affordable compared to most clinics. The only downside is that they have a lot of patients so it can feel at times like you are just a number. I think this also comes with being an out of town patient....Everyone at the clinic is very nice and supportive even though we do out of town monitoring so we only see them when we are there for a procedure.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think they know what they are doing, their pricing is affordable compared to most clinics. The only downside is that they have a lot of patients so it can feel at times like you are just a number. I think this also comes with being an out of town patient.
I love the nursing staff. They are all helpful and friendly
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very nice and competent, however, since we are out of town I have only met him twice when he was performing my egg retrevials. A different doctor did my frozen embryo transfer. I have had a phone consultation with another doctor after our failed frozen embryo transfer and he was very helpful. He suggested adding new medications . He also went over a plan of our second transfer fails.
If you are out of town know that you can schedule free phone consultations with the doctors at CNY and I would recommend it
I was on a high doses of Gonal and menopur since I have a low ovarian reserve at 33. They also had me take human growth hormone the month before and during my ivf cycles to boost my egg production. They are suggesting raising the amount of gonal if we do a third IVF cycle. My partner had two PESAs
3,900 for one ivf cycle including free transfers for a year. Doesn’t include monitoring which is approximately 800 for IVF. (Not sure for FET) and doesn’t include meds. 1100 for PESA. We did not do monitoring with them because we live out of state
They let us transfer 2 high grade embryos the first time and for our second transfer we are going to transfer 3 three day embryos ( 2 good and one fair)
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I have one nurse [at CNY-Syracuse] in particular that I absolutely love! She’s very organized and very communicative! I always prefer to work with Greta but when she’s not there it seems things are a bit chaotic and communication is lacking.... We wanted to try my own eggs first since we were turned down by one Dr. Dr Kiltz totally agreed. We had 2 failed cycles and decide to move to donor eggs. First donor fet we used the standard drugs and had bfn. Second attempt we tried a natural cycle with less Meds and had chemical. I believe less Meds for my body works better.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The overall clinic experience is wonderful. It’s more like a spa then a clinic. Very tranquil and relaxing. Everyone is very friendly, comforting and welcoming. I’ve always gone to the Syracuse office and we drive over 11 hours to get there.
Dr Kiltz is the most caring medical person I’ve ever encountered. He gives his personal cell phone number out to call with anything at any time. He respects my thoughts and ideas and is willing to try anything if it means bringing home a baby. I love that he didn’t turn us away just because of age.
I have one nurse in particular that I absolutely love! She’s very organized and very communicative! I always prefer to work with Greta but when she’s not there it seems things are a bit chaotic and communication is lacking.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a very compassionate person. Had called me after my chemical pregnancy on a Sunday to check in to see how I was doing. He makes himself readily available by giving out his cell number in case there are questions or concerns. He won’t turn anyone away and his main goal is making ivf affordable so everyone has the opportunity to become parents.
Research about different treatments and be your own advocate. He’s very open to any and all ideas.
Since I’m a travel patient I do all of my monitoring locally then results are faxed to CNY.
Very affordable even with travel expenses
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The nursing staff [at CNY] was available 24 hours a day if any complications arose. They were knowledgeable and compassionate at every step...Sometimes when having a test done we had to follow up on the results ourselves...$3900 for IVF and $150 outside patient monitoring...As a new patient it is difficult to be a little assertive at times. This was necessary in this fast paced high volume clinic. They are doing an amazing job at making excellent care affordable. They do not do a lot of hand holding so some research on my end was required and the social media support groups were helpful. Also Dr. Kiltz does a Sunday night fireside chat where you can connect with him and other patients to ask questions and learn.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz is always available to answer questions or simply listen to your concerns. He makes himself more accessible than doctors with less than half his patient amounts.
The nursing staff was available 24 hours a day if any complications arose. They were knowledgeable and compassionate at every step.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz truly cares about his patients. He gave me his cell phone number and told me to call when any questions or concerns. At first I didn’t believe it would really work but I called him and he was so amazing. He didn’t make me feel it was an inconvenience or he was too busy. He has returned my call at 10 PM his time due to the time difference and he was willing to address all my concerns and offe support. He has a positive attitude and also incorporated eastern medicine into his practice and recommendations. He is a wonderful, caring, and compassionate man!
Advocate for your self and ASK.
The cycle started with priming using anti inflammatories and HGH. I was on a high dose injectable protocol. This was based on the previous IVF cycle information that doctor stated. My previous doctor refused to access one of my ovaries but Dr. Kiltz was able to access both without serious complications.
$3900 for IVF and $150 outside patient monitoring.
SYRACUSE
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur [CNY Fertility Center] because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results...While the nurses are very compassionate and knowledgeable, they would often forget to upload documents to the patient portal. Also, because you are not assigned a particular nurse, sometimes you get conflicting information from nurses. Additionally sometimes I experienced situations where the nurses left my care up to me. Meaning I could do one thing or another and they let me decide. This was always very unnerving.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The number one reason to attend this clinic is their cost. It is the most affordable clinic and if you have to do multiple rounds, then it is totally worth it. They are very knowledgeable in what they do and include holistic views in their treatments. The clinic is more like a spa then a clinical environment. The doctor is innovative and always looking at new ways to treat patients. On the down side they are too busy to give individualized care. You 100% must advocate for yourself and be very well versed on your own health. Do not expect them to catch anything. You must double and triple check your own results with what research shows.
Dr. Ditkoff treated me like a human because he was compassionate and he always read my file and knew exactly what was going on with me before starting any conversation.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff is compassionate but straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
Have lots of questions ready! If you do not ask, the doctor will not be forthcoming with information.
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results.
Cycle cost $4,000 and included everything except pgs/pgd testing and medications.
Dr. Ditkoff recommends single embryo transfer but will allow you to transfer two if you want.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
I often had to call them [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] if I hadn’t heard from them by 4:30 and see if my labs were received, and I would be told they were not (despite my monitoring center swearing they’ve been sent multiple times) and have to track them down and have them resent. Many times I wouldn’t get results till the next business day. I’ve had to wait over the weekend for beta results done on a Friday. It was very frustrating for sure.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Absolutely beautiful clinic, I loved the atmosphere and the effort that was put into keeping patients calm and relaxed. I would absolutely recommend their facility. The healing arts side even offers regular spa treatments! I felt so pampered the day of embryo transfer.
I do feel that at times, the patient load is higher than it should be, because I often had to advocate for my own care (noticing errors in medication instructions, ensuring my lab results were being inputted into my portal) but when you’re face to face with the doctors and nurses, they do show genuine care and compassion that I never received elsewhere.
The nurses are very kind and compassionate during appointments and procedures. However, you will have to stay up on them if you want to receive your stat results same day. I often had to call them if I hadn’t heard from them by 4:30 and see if my labs were received, and I would be told they were not (despite my monitoring center swearing they’ve been sent multiple times) and have to track them down and have them resent. Many times I wouldn’t get results till the next business day. I’ve had to wait over the weekend for beta results done on a Friday. It was very frustrating for sure.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is genuine and caring, his bedside manner is remarkable. I do we could have seen him more during treatment and had more time to discuss things. I also wished we spent less time talking about the Keto diet and more about my history and treatment plan during my initial consult.
He does have different approaches, and they are successful, but definitely take the time to advocate for yourself and speak up if you have any concerns or questions!
150 Gonal F, 75 Menopur. I have PCOS and high AMH. We retrieved just over 30 eggs, and froze 15 embryos on day 5. We did a FET in the following cycle.
He definitely recommends transferring one embryo.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
$3900 for IVF with ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo storage for 1 year. $250 for frozen transfer $50 for HCG wash [costs at CNY Fertility Center]...They take a whole mind/body approach and incorporate diet, immune protocols, Eastern medicine etc. They don't turn anyone away. They make it affordable for everyone. The same IVF with ICSI and assisted hatching would cost over $30,000 in Minnesota vs. the $3,900 it costs at CNY.
European, Other, Prefer not to answer
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is a huge clinic and we are travel patients but I still felt like I could email, message, or even call/text him whenever I needed to because he gives out his cell phone number to patients. He also does live Facebook chats where you can ask questions and continually does research and brings in new ideas.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta and Brenley)
All of the travel team was amazing. Especially Greta and Brenley.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is absolutely amazing. He gives patients his cell phone number. He does Facebook live chats where you can ask him questions. He incorporates Eastern medicine ideas, diets, and full body/mind health in his treatment plans. He makes treatment affordable and doesn't turn anyone away.
GO SEE HIM!
Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, zpak, prednisone, Lupron, LDN, Prograf, estrace, prometrium, PiO, baby aspirin, cleocin etc. I have PCOS so we did 150 Follistim with 75 Menopur for 10 days, triggered with Lupron at 36 & 24 hours before retrieval. Retrieved 29 eggs. Did a freeze all cycle. 16 made it freeze. Came back the next month for transfer. Did and HCG wash and acupuncture. Transferred 2- 4AA embryos and am pregnant!
I am a travel patient so I monitored at my local ob/gyn
He let us transfer 2 embryos because I'm 34.
SYRACUSE
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center-Hamburg] is extremely clean, relaxing, and beautiful. It is designed ideally for creating a calm environment where anyone would feel relaxed. I did not find any weaknesses. I really enjoyed my visit each time I have gone, even when I have been nervous.... He advised that if we went with ivf, it would be around $850 for testing, $3000 for meds that would need to be paid up front, and $4000 for the extraction and transfer which could be spread out over 1-2 years. The nurse talked to me about compassionate care.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely clean, relaxing, and beautiful. It is designed ideally for creating a calm environment where anyone would feel relaxed. I did not find any weaknesses. I really enjoyed my visit each time I have gone, even when I have been nervous.
Dr Arroyo listened to us, what we want, and answered our questions. He did not talk over us, make us feel stupid, or give us false hope. He explained everything from potential options to finances. His answers were not cookie cutter and they felt honest and personal.
I have never had a bad experience with any of the nurses there. Everyone has been extremely nice and understanding. They show compassion and do not make me feel stupid or a burden. They have never rushed me through my appointments.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
We are in the very beginning stages and have only been to the clinic a couple of times but each time was great. The clinic itself was nice and the dr was great. He did my ultrasound and testing and was fantastic. He assured me the whole way, kept me updated, and asked if I was ok multiple times throughout the process which really made me feel better.
Have all your questions ready but don’t be afraid to ask more. They will all be answered and answered honestly. You will not feel lied to or made to feel like you are there only to financial profit the dr. He works with you and understands the process. Listen to him!
Dr Arroyo requested my husband see a urologist and that I have an ultrasound to show if my tubes were open. He wanted to make sure that I was not an additional factor. He believed my husband needed additional testing due to his extremely low sperm count. He offered options for us such as freezing sperm now.
HAMBURG
[at CNY-Latham] $3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash... We used gonal and Menopur to help stimulate my follicles to grow. After 3 ultrasounds and bloodwork. They gave me Ganirelix so my folliculles would not release. Once they were the correct size they adviced me to take trigger shot to release the eggs. They put me under and removed the eggs. Starting that day they injected the eggs with my husbands sperm and watched them over 5 days. On day 5 they told me the rate of the eggs. We chose 2 eggs to put in which took 30 minutes. After I layed down for 15 minutes and then rested the next two day.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes communication is not the best. Never feel like you can’t call or email them with every question you have. Stay in touch and ask lots of questions. They have been doing this a long time so sometimes they may not explain things in super details. If you don’t hear back from them call them.
I didn’t get to meet him anytime prior to the transfer but when he came in he had my specific information and based our treatment off of all our details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey)
Although they are extremely busy they always got back to me in a timely manor.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.
Understand that he isn’t being rude when he explains things he is just making sure you truly understand the risk and benefits of the procedure.
$3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash
3 IUI, 7 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [CNY-Buffalo]has been amazing. It is welcoming and has all the ammenities and top knotch equipment. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
European, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
3 IUI, 7 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has been amazing. It is welcoming and has all the ammenities and top knotch equipment. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
Dr. Arroyo really took the time to understand is, our history, and what has worked and hasn't. He also has helped us understand our journey better, and put an actionable plan in place of what can be done better & differently in order to achieve m maximum success.
All of the nurses that work with Dr. Arroyo have been amazing. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Arroyo is a very compassionate doctor, who has made my husband and I very comfortable with the process and hopeful of our desired results. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure to go over every detail with us. He has always been available to answer any questions that we may have had. Our situation has been very complex, with many roadblocks and a long history of unsuccessful transfers. We switched to him because of referrals of friends and wanted to feel as if we mattered and our situation was special. He made us feel as if we were his focus and his only patients, each and every time we worked with him! He's simply amazing!
To be prepared with all the questions that you may have for him, as he will certainly take the time to answer them all and make sure that you are comfortable with the steps that he puts in place.
Well, we are in the very earliest stages of working with him, but so far, he thoroughly has gone through our history, what has worked and hasn't. He discovered that I had damaged fallopian tubes and fibroids that were causing my miscarriages and suggested that I have them removed. Due to that advice, the doctors discovered that I had the very earliest stage of cancer on one of my ovaries, so I had that removed as well, which very well could have saved my life, down the road. We are going to be doing the hormones and injections this month, in order to retrieve eggs, to make embryos. He did a lot of bloodwork, looking for genetic factors, that hasn't been done in the past, by other doctors. He checked my husband's sperm, and also suggested genetic testing on the embryos, when we do make them. He has been thorough with my healing process of my 2 surgeries, making sure that my uterus and lining healed properly and that it will provide for the best possible outcome in this procedure.
Costs were average and/or below average compared to other doctors that we've seen. The nice thing about CNY-Buffalo is that they allow you to do a payment plan, which has afforded us the opportunity to do these ivf procedures considering our financial status. It has been a tremendous blessing!
We haven't gotten to the point of actual embryo transfer, with him, yet, however, he has stated that if I have really good looking embryos that he wouldn't be opposed to multiple transfers (due to my age) and freezing any that I have left, for future possible dates.
HAMBURG
It [CNY - Syracuse] was wonderful.... def not a clinic full but more like a spa feel.... I love how it’s so warm and cozy rather than normal doc office set up. They offer massages and accupunctire as well as have a uterus 😂 hot tub to sit and relax by.... the music is so calming... I even noticed the lighting is much more dim which gives us calming feel.... Everyone was so great! You can tell it isn’t just a job for them and they love what they do.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It was wonderful.... def not a clinic full but more like a spa feel.... I love how it’s so warm and cozy rather than normal doc office set up. They offer massages and accupunctire as well as have a uterus 😂 hot tub to sit and relax by.... the music is so calming... I even noticed the lighting is much more dim which gives us calming feel..... my biggest thing for new patients would def just take it one day at a time..... always stay focused on in your end goal.... and Dr Kiltz and his staff Is amazing and you r def in good hands!
Our cycle didn’t go as planned and Kiltz will randomly call to check on us..... or call and say ok are we about ready to get the ball rolling again.... he honestly is genuinely concerned and his only goal is getting Bring home babies for his clients! He def was a God send for us.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Everything about Dr Kiltz has been amazing.... from the random calls (after he has already left the office for the day) to check in since our cycle didn’t go well.... or calling w a pep talk.... he Has such a huge heard and is geunianlly concerned about each client and getting us our bring home baby..... he has def been a God send for us! Can’t wait to cycle again... hopefully in the near future
Take one day at a time..... this journey is a lot... but keep your end goal always in the front of your mind..... once you get your bring home baby it will all Be worth it.
I was on the immune protocol and had gonal cetrotide menopur lupron baby aspirin Ldn vitamins..my next cycle he changed up a bit tho🙏🏻🙏🏻
The cost honestly is what made this possible as I don’t have insurance. In our home state in was 20,000$ if it works it works and if not pay it all again when @ CNY for cash payments it was only 3900$ plus Meds and monitoring.... even after traveling it was less than 10,000$ which is half.... and the doctor and team was amazing(def didn’t have the same vibe w my last RE) And they make it even more affordable by allowing payments to be made for up to 2 years w a small convience charge. And our next cycle he is waving a fee for us as our last cycle didn’t go well at all..... he has such a huge heart!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
I worked with the staff in Rochester. Meagan is the nurse who I remember working with the most frequently. I would go in as early as 7 some days and she was always so friendly and warm and welcoming.... It [CNY- Rochester] is so calm and welcoming and nothing like other dr offices. No weaknesses. We never had an issue going there and the location is great! A new patient is incredibly lucky to be going there. Their cafe is wonderful and there are great books to read while you wait (and you can purchase if you enjoy them)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
BEAUTIFUL!! And it’s only getting nicer (recent additions). It is so calm and welcoming and nothing like other dr offices. No weaknesses. We never had an issue going there and the location is great! A new patient is incredibly lucky to be going there. Their cafe is wonderful and there are great books to read while you wait (and you can purchase if you enjoy them)
Not only was I treated like a human, I felt like I was a member of his family! He spoke to me like he truly cared and also wanted me to understand everything. Greeted me with a hug every time!
I worked with the staff in Rochester. Meagan is the nurse who I remember working with the most frequently. I would go in as early as 7 some days and she was always so friendly and warm and welcoming. I never felt nervous. She helped take the stress out of the process!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
So incredibly kind and compassionate. Very passionate about the work he does. Truly just wants to help people! When I first met him, I was referred by his colleague Dr arroyo, and I was in tears thinking about how I might never have a baby and thinking of the experience I had (5 miscarriages) and my previous providers declining to help. They told me to stop trying to have a baby at one point cause they couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Dr Kiltz on the day I met him took his time, answered my questions, smiled continuously, and told me that in 1 year I would be pregnant or have a baby in my arms, he guaranteed it. And he was right :0)
You are in good hands, trust his advice. He will try until he makes things happen.
*intralipids used to suppress my immune system. I had intralipids done the day after each IUI and a week after (around implantation). Once I had a positive pregnancy test, I went weekly. *acupuncture I did once a week while preparing for IUI (ended up being for around 7 months or so) and continued through 20 weeks of pregnancy. *lovenox twice daily once we started prepping for IUI cycle and continued through pregnancy due to recurrent pregnancy loss and clotting issues and MTHFR. *endometrium 3x daily after IUI to help with progesterone *prednisone with each IUI cycle to help with immune system *femara and trigger for cycles 1-2 for follicle development *gonal f and trigger for cycles 3-4 for follicle development
I don’t remember exact figures but my insurance covered a large portion and all medications were covered and had a copay
I trusted any decision he made and his approach to my treatment
None, Other
My experience with the nursing staff [at CNY Fertility Center-Syracuse] was great, the nurses were always compassionate and always prompt to return a call. Only once did I have a call from someone who did not read my chart entirely prior to calling me and that resulted in an awkward moment but no harm done.... One thing I think can improve the patients experience with the clinic is perhaps having assigned nurses to each patient. While all the nurses are great it would be nice to develop a standing relationship with a one nurse. One nurse to know who I am and what I am doing along the way.
None, Other
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic overall, is big and is staffed well enough to treat the amount of patients that the clinic treats. My experience has been great but I know not everyone can say the same. One thing I think can improve the patients experience with the clinic is perhaps having assigned nurses to each patient. While all the nurses are great it would be nice to develop a standing relationship with a one nurse. One nurse to know who I am and what I am doing along the way.
Dr. Kiltz is a man with great compassion. He provided me his cell phone number so I was able to call or text him whenever I had a question or concern. He also allowed me to be involved in creating my treatment plan. For example, if I heard of a medication that I wanted to try, he listened.
My experience with the nursing staff was great, the nurses were always compassionate and always prompt to return a call. Only once did I have a call from someone who did not read my chart entirely prior to calling me and that resulted in an awkward moment but no harm done.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I absolutely adore Dr. Kiltz! I love how he cares more about his patient than the money. He really advocates for infertility. Before hearing of CNY I thought I would never be able to afford IVF but Dr. Kiltz makes sure everyone can afford treatment even if he means utilizing a payment plan. He dedicates all of his time to his craft and will make sure his patients are happy so long as he can help it. I specifically remember a Saturday morning when I was feeling very down having just been diagnosed with a blighted ovum. I had sent him a text message expressing my concern over whether or not I’d ever have a chance to be pregnant and on that very morning while he was off from work he called me and comforted me and told me as long as I wasn’t giving up neither was he. That moment truly touched my heart.
I would say you will be in good hands, just trust the process!
I had did a immune protocol, using lovenox, baby aspirin, intralipids, i stunned with 225 gonal f and 75iu of menopur. I stimmed for 9 days and retrieved on the 11th day. Everything went perfect as I wound up with 22 eggs retrieved and 15 embryos!
My bill so far with CNY cape up to $5,425 with the cycle and extras I added for transfer
Dr. Kiltz will allow you to have a say in how many you’d like to transfer but ultimately he decides what is best based on age and/or any conditions and history.
SYRACUSE
I traveled from out of town [to CNY Fertility Center-Syracuse] and was fearful of the monitoring times. The staff made it easy for me to come when I can, even if it was on a Saturday. There were never long waits or long lines of people. It was a fabulous experience.... Some nurses were better than others (as far as drawing blood and administering intralipids, etc.) but the whole nursing staff is compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and inviting. For a few moments you may forget why you are there. It is spa-like and creates a calming environment during this stressful time. While there, you can attend trainings (ex. Keto diet), get a massage or get accupuncture. The lab is set up in a central location. The lab is surrounded by glass windows which allow you to look at at the employees who are hard at work.
Dr. Kiltz has a calming yet energetic and positive way of making you feel like you matter as a human.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a tremendous doctor. I went to him for IVF because not only are his costs affordable but his kind and helpful reputation is known across the world. He does have a lot of patients and I imagine it may be hard for him to keep up but he does his job flawlessly and gives his all to each and every patient. He is a wonderful doctor.
Advice I would give potential patients of Dr. Kiltz is to be open-minded. Follow his advice and be open to his ideas.
Dr. Kiltz did a strong dosage of medicines for me as I am 37 years old with no children. He and the nurses explained the medicines along the way and I had no questions regarding them.
I traveled from out of town and was fearful of the monitoring times. The staff made it easy for me to come when I can, even if it was on a Saturday. There were never long waits or long lines of people. It was a fabulous experience.
As far as I can recall, the IVF process costs $3,900 including monitoring.
SYRACUSE
Be prepared to advocate for yourself. Since there is a high volume of patients [at CNY-Syracuse], you must know your protocol and understand the process. You can’t rely on Dr. Kiltz to walk you through each and every step because with his number of patients that would be impossible....Strengths is that is an extremely well kept and modern facility, as well as being low cost. Weakness is that you must advocate for yourself and know what steps need to be taken because you are more of a number to them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I felt somewhat like a number but I had expected that. I knew I was going to a clinic with a high volume of patients and that I would be dealing primarily with the nurses. So although I was treated more as a number, I was okay with that and had expected it.
The nursing staff was very good and knowledgeable. You dealt mostly with different nurses each time you call, but they were always able to open your file and help.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I thought Dr. Kiltz was extremely nice and had the patients best interest in mind. After my transfer, he held our hands and said a prayer with us, which showed that he really cared. I was extremely happy with the care and outcome I received while being a patient of Dr. Kiltz
Be prepared to advocate for yourself. Since there is a high volume of patients, you must know your protocol and understand the process. You can’t rely on Dr. Kiltz to walk you through each and every step because with his number of patients that would be impossible.
Dr. Kiltz decided that we could just straight to An IVF cycle which i was very happy about. I had previously done 4 rounds of Clomid, 2 IUIs with injetibles, had a HSG test, and had done a laparoscopy. Given this information, he agreed with my desire to try IVF.
The costs were amazing and affordable. CNY is one of the lowest cost providers in the country but still provide exceptional care.
My doctor recommend that we transfer my only 2 remaining embryos. All of the others had arrested the day before my transfer was scheduled, and the two that were left were graded a poor quality at 1bb each.
SYRACUSE
The clinic is very clean and modernized compared to another local clinic. It’s very inviting and home feeling compared to feeling like a doctors office. The clinic is very helpful and knowledgeable in this field. If they didn’t know an answer right away at a visit, they would follow up via email or phone after with the response.... The entire nursing staff at the Buffalo location was wonderful and very knowledgeable.... All the nursing staff was compassionate and always happy at both locations
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and modernized compared to another local clinic. It’s very inviting and home feeling compared to feeling like a doctors office. The clinic is very helpful and knowledgeable in this field. If they didn’t know an answer right away at a visit, they would follow up via email or phone after with the response. I would recommend this clinic to new patients in the fertility field over the other local clinic after having been to both. They are much more advanced on their line of care.
I was previously a patient of another local fertility clinic and felt like a number, which in turn made me try CNY. Upon meeting with Dr Arryo, I was impressed. So I scheduled care and saw Dr. Klitz going forward for treatment. He was very compassionate and positive. Explaining everything very detailed and in a manner like I was his friend almost. Very impressed over the many years of seeing another specialist for fertility and never being talked to in that manner. Highly recommmend Dr Kiltz
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris )
The entire nursing staff at the Buffalo location was wonderful and very knowledgeable. My primary nurse Kris was the one to lead my care until I saw Dr Kiltz at the Syracuse location. All the nursing staff was compassionate and always happy at both locations
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz was very compassionate at a time of uncertainty during and before egg retrieval. He was very positive and reassuring during egg transfer. He explained each procedure in full before they were preformed. He preformed both retrieval and egg transfer. He met with both my husband and myself regarding results and explained in a manner we understood, not doctor terms. I would seek his care again in the future if trying to conceive
To follow his instructions and give him your trust. He knows what he is talking about and has a vast knowledge of his field. His knowledge produces positive results. And to be patient. He will get you to your goal
Dr Klitz recommmed a injectable cycle for egg retrieval upon having 11 previous IUIs at another clinic with no results. He recommmeded a low immune therapy as I have RA. Upon retrieval the mature egg numbers where high resulting in 26 retrieved. We froze 7 day 5 blastocysts as he said higher positive results come of that route. We transferred the next cycle after unfreezing 2 day 5s..resulting in two taking intially. We lost one due to it being unhealthy after implantation (downs syndrome, etc after having amniocentesis) but one resulted in a full term birth with no health issues as of now at 3mths old.
Costs were very attainable compared to the other local clinic with our medical insurance helping with medicine costs to some extent.
HAMBURG
The staff [at CNY] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened) and nurses gave conflicting information on what was happening and what it meant for my next cycle....The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz. In retrospect, maybe we need to be driving the coordination and insisting on who we saw but we didn't know what we were missing until we started to call around and get second opinions.
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse and they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very rushed and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz and his main feedback was that maybe we could've done the egg retrieval a day earlier. (At the time of trigger, I had actually asked the nurse if we were waiting too long because it was across a weekend and an extra day longer than my previous cycle but she said they had to make it Monday b/c they were not open for retrievals on Sundays.) Overall, I just felt like Dr. Kiltz and his staff had no plan that was actually based on me - everything seemed generic or “let’s try it and see”.
Be very proactive - do your own research ahead of time and ask a lot of questions. Get second opinions.
General protocol for my 2 cycles: Gonal-F (300), Menopur (150), Prednisone (5), Cetrotide (.25), Lupron trigger. Before starting my second cycle, Dr. Kiltz prescribed 3 things: keto diet, laparoscopy/hysterscopy and a 1 month priming period. When I asked if the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy were necessary or if I showed any signs for concern, he said no but it was just to rule out any risks. There were no significant issues found and in the end, I'm not sure it was necessary but I guess it ruled out other complications. The priming month included a growth hormone (Omnitrope, 6 units/day) which he said had shown great results and estrogen (2 mg/day). I ended up taking it for 6 weeks because it caused me to miss my period and when I called to ask about it, the nurses said to keep taking it and waiting... Finally, they decided to start the cycle but my results were much worse than the first - only 3 eggs retrieved even though the nurses had predicted ~10 during stimulation.
The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles. I've heard that they offer low cost options but maybe that's only when you pay out of pocket. My problem is that I asked the billing dept if I was getting close to the limit and they said "No, not even close!" I only found out through my insurance that they had reached the limit.
SYRACUSE
The staff [at CNY Fertility Center] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened in my life) and nurses gave conflicting information on what this meant for starting my next cycle...The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse but they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very brisk and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
I am a travel patient [at CNY] so I use the travel team nurses. I've spoken to Becky, Kate, Greta, Donna, and Trish. They're all wonderful in their own unique ways...This clinic offers care at a self pay cost that is pretty much unbeatable. There are times when results don't get to the clinic super fast because i'm a travel patient or when I call and I get the answering machine. However, this place is significantly better to communicate with than my last RE office. The Syracuse facility is beautiful and the staff have always been so caring and wonderful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Corley always talks to his patients with knowledge and doesn't talk down to them. He's very comprehensive in his explanations and I always go away knowing so much more. At the end of our last transfer we all held hands and had a nice moment of peace and hopefulness. He's also a pretty fun guy. I think the first time I met him he fist bumped me before my retrieval. He seems to truly enjoy what he does.
I am a travel patient so I use the travel team nurses. I've spoken to Becky, Kate, Greta, Donna, and Trish. They're all wonderful in their own unique ways.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Corley is extremely knowledgeable and has no problem explaining any process or reasoning with great detail. He is kind, patient, and a very warm person. He's also realistic and forthcoming and isn't going to try to gloss over the things a patient may not want to hear.
At CNY so many people want to see Dr. Kiltz because he's the face of the clinic in so many aspects. Although Dr. Kiltz is an amazing man I feel like I received the type of care that is best for me from Dr. Corley and I prefer Dr. Corley.
My first protocol was given to me by a different doctor at the clinic. My first consult with Dr. Corley was after a failed frozen transfer with a natural cycle. He had me add Prograf to the protocol, and I was offered the option of using intralipds which I accepted.
I was a travel patient so I didn't use the monitoring at CNY. However, I will say their price for monitoring per cycle is unbeatable. I wish I could have used them but the office was too far away.
$3900 to the clinic for retrieval and all 3 transfers combined. 1 transfer was not done by Dr. Corley. I also paid approximately $5000 for medications.
The clinic now suggests 1 embryo but will do 2 if the patient insists.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
At CNY Fertility, you are not assigned a specific nurse. For our first 3 IUIs, we would see whoever called us back. By our 4th IUI, we knew which nurses we preferred and would request certain ones. There were 2-4 blood draw nurses we liked, and 2-3 ultrasound nurses we liked. Our experience at CNY Fertility improved greatly when we began requesting our favorite nurses. For our last IUI, we saw the same nurse every time - Meg - and she was phenomenal! I cannot say enough great things about her. She is invested, thorough, compassionate, honest, no-nonsense, knowledgable. She always encouraged questions and made sure we left all on the same page. Once we got pregnant, Meg spent lots of time with us during ultrasounds pointing out features and making it a wonderful experience for us.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes awhile to be seen initially. Once you are a patient, they are extremely flexible with fitting you in according to your cycle or any concerns.
At the beginning of our time at CNY Fertility, we felt like a number... we did 1 letrozole/timed intercourse cycle, 2 letrozole/IUI cycles, and 1 letrozole/injectables/IUI cycle (which we got pregnant & then miscarried). Through these cycles, I felt that things fell through the cracks at times and that the clinic had too many patients. After our miscarriage, things changed - partly because we started to become our own advocate, we actually met Dr. Kiltz, and had consistency with the nurses we saw. When we were monitored regularly during/after our miscarriage, I didn't feel like a number anymore. Then Dr. Kiltz performed my laparoscopy and we took time off to recover. For our 4th and 5th IUIs, we requested the same nurse each time and that was a GAME CHANGER! We felt heard, cared for, and invested in.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Although we did not see Dr. Kiltz at every appointment, the times we did were very memorable. The first time we met him was after our miscarriage and he not only showed us compassion but agreed that it sucked. We appreciated that he didn't try to cheer us up. However, he also encouraged us to visualize the future with children and that helped us move forward with hope. Anytime we would see Dr. Kiltz, he would sympathize with us that infertility treatment was hard. He was always so passionate, friendly, enthusiastic, and thorough. He always listened when I had questions and I never felt intimated like I have with other doctors.
Ask him any and all questions you have! He listens and cares and encourages questions. Don't be afraid to be your own advocate - pay attention to what the nurses and doctors are saying and doing, and what to expect at your next appointment - it helps if you're all on the same page and understand the language/treatment.
For my first two IUIs (both negative), I did intralipid infusion 1-2x, triggered with lupron & took letrozole, z-pack, progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin, and prednisone. For my 3rd IUI (positive/early miscarriage), I did intralipid infusion 1-2x, triggered with lupron & took letrozole, 75iu gonal-f, progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin, and prednisone. For all 3 of these IUIs, my diagnosis was "unexplained infertility." After my miscarriage, I underwent a laparoscopy - endometriosis, scar tissue, and an endometrioma were all removed. For my 4th IUI (negative), I did weekly intralipid infusion & acupuncture the day of the IUI, triggered with ovidrel & took letrozole, 150iu gonal-f, cetrotide, z-pack, progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin, and prednisone. And for my 5th and final IUI (positive/twins) - Dr. Kiltz changed things considerably and took an approach as if autoimmune/elevated NK cells were an issue as well (our insurance wouldn't cover the tests): I did weekly intralipid infusion & acupuncture, triggered with ovidrel & took letrozole, gonal-f, cetrotide, baby aspirin, prednisone, prograf, lovenox, NEOQ10, progesterone suppositories, and progesterone-in-oil injections.
IUIs were $300-350 and monitoring was $700-750. Medications were not included. Our insurance covered sometimes and not other times.
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Ivf cycle is $3900 plus $850 for monitoring...I got mixed information from the nurses [at CNY Fertility Center] from time to time...My first cycle was a standard protocol 225 gonal 10 hcg with lupron and human growth hormone for 30 days prior to stimulation. I triggered with lupron 7 eggs retrieved 4 mature 2 frozen. My second cycle he increased dosage to 300 gonal 75 menopur triggering with lupron. Due to 4 surgeries in a year and only being 1 month post op 2 eggs were retrieved 1 was mature and 0 made it to freeze. For my frozen transfer I was on the immune protocol of estrace, endometrim, lovenox, neupogen, progesterone in oil, baby aspirin and progesterone.
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Patience is key and be your own advocate to your care.
He has a caring personality and treats every patient as a person and the person they deserve to be treated like.
I got mixed information from the nurses from time to time.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz took me on as a patient when I had a history of fibroids. He made sure I always saw him for appointments and ultrasounds. He was always available via phone and email after hours so when I had any concerns he could be reached in the evenings and weekends. When I was awaiting surgery he was always available to give me that peace of mind that I'd make it through the wait time. After surgeries he was available for any concerns with healing and to always check in to make sure I was feeling ok. No doctor would ever go to such measures to make sure their patients were taken care of.
He may seem like he is in a hurry but that is his personality he truly wants the ultimate best for each and every patient. He wants to see everyone become a parent.
Ivf cycle is $3900 plus $850 for monitoring.
I did a single embryo transfer next time I want to do a multiple embryo transfer.
SYRACUSE
Nurses [at CNY Fertility Center] were very nice...I had an FISH of 14 on baseline bloodwork, and this is an abnormally high level which may indicate issues with egg quality/reserve. Had to call the clinic to get this result myself....Ease of making appointments, costs are very good... I am paying 100% out of pocket because bad insurance, and when we explained that our time and money are valuable, and want to try to explain our insurance issues with him [Dr. Ditkoff], he simply stated he doesn't know anything about how insurance works and someone else can talk to me about it.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Ease of making appointments, costs are very good.
Felt like a number because I felt like he was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me.
Nurses were very nice. Though I was a little frustrated at a baseline blood draw of FSH 14 and not being told of this level. It is higher than one would want.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue, even though I came in to see him with evidence of elevated prolactin. I ended up leaving the appointment with my spouse (who is a physician and also felt terrible after the visit), who encouraged me to get my prolactin levels evaluated by a "real" endocrinologist. Instead of Dr Ditkoff simply prescribing me cabergoline (which was done by my former RE at Columbia), he dismissed actual evidence of an elevated prolactin levels and wasted my time and money. I am paying 100% out of pocket because bad insurance, and when we explained that our time and money are valuable, and want to try to explain our insurance issues with him, he simply stated he doesn't know anything about how insurance works and someone else can talk to me about it. Currently, I am under the care of an endocrinologist to treat my elevated prolactin levels (which were higher than I thought they would be) and went to Dr Grossman at the same clinic for a second opinion. I wouldn't recommend Dr Ditkoff to anyone.
If you don't feel like he's truly listening and you think you're being dismissed, you probably are.
We saw him for our initial visit only. We mutually agreed to pursue IVF as we did not want to risk twins with IUI or clomid alone. No discussion of protocol was had during our initial visit.
I only saw him for initial visit which was covered for free as we were out of pocket. Bloodwork was $25 per lab value. Saline sonogram was approx $270.
He did not have preference but seemed to respect is wanting to only transfer 1 embryo as we do not want twins.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
CNY is very zen. There are wellness activities (toga, acupuncture, etc.) on site. They are great in person and have a convenient patient portal online. You can do your ultrasounds and blood work at your local doctor and only go to the clinic for procedures. You can even schedule phone appointments. The patient portal could be more reliable, and the clinic could be more organized online and over the phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is very zen. There are wellness activities (toga, acupuncture, etc.) on site. They are great in person and have a convinient patient portal online. You can do your ultrasounds and bloodwork at your local doctor and only go to the clinic for procedures. You can even schedule phone appointments. The patient portal could be more reliable, and the clinic could be more organized oneline and over the phone.
When I'm n the office I feel like a human, the nurses are great. Although I love the patient portal, I often feel more like a number via the web and telephone.
They are great! Super friendly, supportive, and compotent. They could be a little more organized over the phone and internet.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I call him "Yoga Bro." His office is very zen. He performed two of my procedures, and is very compotent and direct. He also loves to talk about the benifits of fats and is a proponent of laparoscopies.
Listen to his advice (about diet, etc.), but do your own research.
IUIs (Non-injectables): -baseline ultrasound and bloodwork day 3 or 4 -prenatal vitamin, 81 mg aspirin, prednizone, azithromycin, and letrozole (day 3, 4, or 5 to 7, 8, or 9) -ultrasound and blookwork about day 10 (repeated until folicles are big enough) -ovadril trigger at 6pm the day before the IUI -Collection and sperm washing the day of the IUI -Inseminatiion an hour later -progesterone suppositories beginning three(?) days later -blood test 14 days after IUI
My procedures have all been at least partially covered by insurance, so I'm not sure. Now that I'm using more expensive injectables, the nurses provided me with a reusable $250 coupon card to presnt to pharmacies to offset co-pays.
ROCHESTER
The clinic [CNY] looks like a spa. They put us in a private room with a couch to wait prior to retrieval so we wouldn't have be out waiting in the waiting room which was nice. They also have their wellness center attached which is nice. My only minor complaint about the clinic is the length of time I had to wait in the "operating" room prior to my retrieval...I dealt primarily with the nursing staff. They are very well informed. You can communicate with them via phone or email through the online portal system. They were quick to respond to both phone and the email system, though it was frustrating at times when I would call and always have to leave a message.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic looks like a spa. They put us in a private room with a couch to wait prior to retrieval so we wouldn't have be out waiting in the waiting room which was nice. They also have their wellness center attached which is nice. My only minor complaint about the clinic is the length of time I had to wait in the "operating" room prior to my retrieval. I sat in that room for more than 30 minutes without anyone telling me what we were waiting for. I was very anxious and just sitting there was difficult for me, especially since I was completely alone.
I am doing my IVF with CNY as a global travel client, which means I'm traveling to the clinic from a different state. I never met or spoke with Dr. Corley other than the day of the egg retrieval. Our meeting was very brief. He asked me how many follicles we had and then told me a little about the procedure. He seemed nice, but with so little interaction it's hard to really judge
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Since we're traveling to the clinic I again don't feel like I can give the best review. I wish I had more of an opportunity to speak with him in the days prior to the egg retrieval, or even a follow-up from him after, but this was all done by nursing staff.
I don't know that Dr. Corley actually put together the protocol, but here's what it was. We did a natural cycle, so just started based on the start of the my menses. I had a baseline labs and U/S done on CD 3 and then started meds on CD 4. I did 300IU of Gonal-f and 150IU of menopur. On stims day 6 (CD 9) I added 0.25mg cetrotide. I had more bloodwork and U/S on stims day 8 (CD 11). I then received a call that day that retrieval would be on CD 14. We triggered with Lupron (I can't remember the dose) at 1am on CD 13 and then did a second Lupron trigger at 1pm on CD 13. We had 6 decent sized follicles with several smaller ones (total of 11) noted at the stims day 8 u/s. We collected 5 eggs, 3 were mature and fertilized. 3 grew to day 3 and were of fair quality. We froze all 3 on day 3
We decided to go with CNY because of their discounted costs. Insurance covers nothing for us for IVF. My monitoring was done in CA. The costs of that were $300 and $419 for the 2 different appointments. Some of my meds were donated by friends, but we did spend about $2000 on meds. We had to travel to CNY which cost us about another $2000. The cost of the IVF was $3900 this included anesthesia, retrieval, FET for a year and storage for a year.
We are only doing a frozen transfer and the nurse I spoke with stated they recommend doing 2
SYRACUSE
I believe this clinic [CNY] is very helpful. They have seminars for questions, and are also one of the most affordable care I have researched in the area. They have a healing arts center in the same building where you can have acupuncture or massages and also yoga for healing. I think they are very well rounded and don't have any complaints other than the fact that I was not informed of an embryo that made it to freeze prior to my next appointment. It was a shock but a happy one.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I believe this clinic is very helpful. They have seminars for questions, and are also one of the most affordable care I have researched in the area. They have a healing arts center in the same building where you can have acupuncture or massages and also yoga for healing. I think they are very well rounded and don't have any complaints other than the fact that I was not informed of an embryo that made it to freeze prior to my next appointment. It was a shock but a happy one.
He is very respectful and understanding of the process and helps to make you feel comfortable in an otherwise stressful situation.
Everyone is very kind and only wants the best out of each situation for you.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.Grossman is very down to earth and makes you feel comfortable in a stressful situation. His calm demeanor helps keep your stress levels down as well. I am very happy with having my procedures done by him.
Not just for dr. Grossman but write down questions as you think of them that way when you meet with him you can make sure to get all the information you need. Even if you think it is a silly question he is very understanding and will answer any and all questions you have.
After several iuis we decided to move on to IVF. I used gonal f, menopur, lupron, cetrotide and baby aspirin. I have a mutation gene MTHFR and therefore take baby aspirin and methyl folate to help with that. After first retrieval didn't create that many embryos I started taking coq10 to try and help with my egg quality. I have also tried intralipids in case of an immune disorder.
$4725 for IVF including monitoring, anesthesia, egg retrieval, icsi, freezing for a year and frozen transfers during that year.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor
We paid a al carte so this may be a bit different if you use their [CNY Fertility Center] packages. Monitoring for each cycle was $850 for all the blood work & ultrasounds at their facility. Each IVF cycle was $3900. If you pay in full, they offer a small discount. It included retrieval, transfer, ICSI, Assisted Hatching &freezing. All FETs were included for a year. Monitoring for a FET wasn't covered. Our testing there, SIS &blood work ran us $450.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As a travel patient, I would suggest getting direct numbers for the people you contact regularly to make it easier. Using their patient portal is a huge help too.
He knew our entire chart & history before our consultation. He even gave us his cell number for any questions or concerns we might have had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Testa)
Until I asked to be assigned to one person, it was hard to get answers since they always had to review the chart & call back. I understand wanting to be thorough but sometimes my questions were time sensitive. When I started working with Kelly, all that changed. She knew case inside & out.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We didn't really see him much during the stim process so it's hard to rate seeing him a lot. I did like that he was willing to work with my OB to do some testing & gave a lap done since I lived in another state.
Ask any & all questions that you need. Sometimes he moved pretty fast while talking so ask him to slow down if you need that. He's great about that.
We did a long Lupron for out first IVF. It was a trial run since I had never used injectables. We used Gonal F & Menopur. I stimmed for 11 days and ended up with a very high E2 overnight. We used Certotide to bring it down & delayed retrieval by day. We retrieved 10 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized. We transfered 2 fair/poor graded embryos & lost the remaining 3 on day 6 before freezing. We had a positive beta, HB (low) at 6 weeks & missed miscarriage at 8 weeks. Our second cycle was antagonist. We used Bravelle, Menopur, Certotide (keep my E2 low). I stimmed for 8 days, retrieved 10 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. 8 transfered 2 good embryos. I had stronger betas this time, 2 sacs at 6 weeks with strong heartbeats. I unfortunately lost one twin at 8w2days after a bleed. The main difference between cycled was a changed diet (high protein, fat & low carb), endo was found & removed, endometrial scratch done. I also took CoQ10, extra Vitamin D, Fish Oil & baby aspirin. Post transfer we switched doxycycline for prednisone, still used Estrace, Endometrin, & PIO. We also added in Lovenox & Intralipids until week 12.
We paid a al carte so this may be a bit different if you use their packages. Monitoring for each cycle was $850 for all the blood work & ultrasounds at their facility. Each IVF cycle was $3900. If you pay in full, they offer a small discount. It included retrieval, transfer, ICSI, Assisted Hatching &freezing. All FETs were included for a year. Monitoring for a FET wasn't covered. Our testing there, SIS &blood work ran us $450.
We choose to transfer two embryos each cycle since they weren't highly graded. I was warned about possible complications with twins. After out first loss, we really wanted a baby & we knew the risks.
SYRACUSE
Strengths: the front dest staff [at CNY Fertility Center] is amazing. They remember your name and are so polite and cheerful. The lobby and rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The prices are much lower than the national average so this is a plus. This clinic is very busy. Lots of people in and out all the time. You have to learn to advocate for yourself. Ask questions, do your research, and take notes. Otherwise you can easily get lost in the shuffle and become just another file.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: the front dest staff is amazing. They remember your name and are so polite and cheerful. The lobby and rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The prices are much lower than the national average so this is a plus. This clinic is very busy. Lots of people in and out all the time. You have to learn to advocate for yourself. Ask questions, do your research, and take notes. Otherwise you can easily get lost in the shuffle and become just another file.
For my first timed intercourse cycle, I wasn't given much instructions at my first appointment except to take some letrozole and come back. I didn't even see the doctor to have the cycle explained to me. I came back and they kept talking about a "trigger shot" which no one had explained to me. Needless to say, it was super stressful getting that medication and getting everything figured out. I rarely see Dr. Kiltz but I have learned to ask for the same nurse and ask lots of questions. Otherwise they never give much info about what to expect and you kind of feel like another task.
At first, I was very put off by the nursing staff. The first few I interacted with were very rude and treated me like I was a number and I was just doing something so basic that it didn't deserve much attention. Although my first treatments were the lowest level on the scale, they were a big deal to me. After I learned to request the one or two nurses I liked and trusted, things changed. I am now very happy with my care from them and feel much more comfortable.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is great! He is very smart and knowledgeable and he is also really confident in his job and positive about treatments. He does great work when he is the one providing the treatment. The only drawback to being his patient is that he is not someone you see often. Only on big treatment days. I cant complain about his work as a doctor though. He's a great surgeon and doctor. He works quickly and has great bedside manner.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Kiltz won't force a treatment plan and he will let you be in the drivers seat. This means you need to ask lots of questions so that you have all the info possible to make your treatment plan. He has lots of techniques and methods and is always open to ideas but you have to be the one to ask.
Dr Kiltz is really big about diet! He goes on and on about Keto diet and how it matters. It's an extra step in treatment but hopefully helps make the most of what your body does with all of the medicines you are putting in it. Dr. Kiltz is also really big on Holistic treatment using Eastern and Western medicine. He has an accupuncturist on staff and a yoga and meditation studio attached to his office. He truly believes in the benefits of these techniques so expect to hear about them. Also you get a free weekly yoga class at the studio as one of his patients. Dr. Kiltz is also all about LDN for his patients. He believes in a balanced immune system and uses this drug to try to achieve that for his patients.
The finance department at this office is great at working with you to code procedures and treatments in a way so that the insurance will cover them. The pricing for IVF is lower than the national average its $3900 and includes retrieval, ICSI, PGS testing, freezing of embryos, and transfers and storage for up to a year. You are responsible for monitoring costs and medication costs.
I haven't done either of these with him yet but I know he typically does a single embryo transfer for women under 35.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
CNY made it [treatment] affordable for me. I have found my treatment to be wonderful that I've received there even though I'm traveling from afar... I wish everyone could have a CNY by them. The spa and staff there is wonderful as well! I would and have recommended CNY to many people....I love [nurse] Greta! She's responsive and shows compassion...Altogether including medications, retrieval and out of state monitoring for three transfers, the cost has come to approximately $9,000.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I heard a lot of negative things about CNY and their numbers before choosing to go with them. But, when you look at the number of people that go through CNY and the fact that they don't turn anyone away like other clinics, the numbers that they have make more sense. Women that would never have babies with other clinics now have babies. For some it's the cost. I couldn't afford the recommended treatment through my original clinic and CNY made it affordable for me. I have found my treatment to be wonderful that I've received there even though I'm traveling from afar. My original RE made me feel inferior and I always left feeling confused and that was at a highly recommended place local to me. I wish everyone could have a CNY by them. The spa and staff there is wonderful as well! I would and have recommended CNY to many people.
Dr. Kiltz has been very personable and open to my questions and concerns. He has a very kind bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta Nellis)
I love Greta! She's responsive and shows compassion.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I like Dr. Kiltz very much. Dealing with infertility and going through IVF is not easy and he makes you feel more comfortable going into it. I like that he makes himself available whenever needed.
Dr. Kiltz is a great guy and you can feel free to speak with him whenever. If you speak with someone else and you need a second opinion, don't hesitate to contact Dr. Kiltz.
For my retrieval I took: cleocin, doxy 100mg, progesterone in oil 50mg/ml endometrin 100mg, menopur, lupron, Gonal F 900, prednisone 10mg, estrace 2mg, LDN, prenatal, baby aspirin and synthroid. For my first frozen transfer I took Lupron (Leuprolide Acetate) 5 units, Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet vaginally three times daily, Prednisone 10 mg, LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) 3 mg, Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, Prenatal, and progesterone in oil. This transfer ended with a miscarriage. For my second frozen transfer I took all of the same medications as I did with the first except we did not do the Lupron or estrace and added in an intralipid infusion and prograf. This cycle ended with a negative Hcg. I am now preparing for my third frozen transfer and am taking all of the same medications as I did with the second transfer and adding in an hcg wash and lovenox. Transfer will be within the next week.
This was a big discussion with us and the doctors. They recommended that we do two because our embryos were only 3 day embryos as opposed to 5 day embryos. Due to me being high risk though it was recommended that I transfer only 1 the last time. For our third transfer, we only have one embryo left so that is what we will transfer.
SYRACUSE
They [CNY] are WAY too busy. I hate to say they should turn patients away but when you make it a point to treat anyone who comes to you, you either need to be open more hours or add a second location or more staff or SOMEthing. I never see the same person from visit to visit and I'm pretty sure everyone from the receptionist to Dr. Kiltz doesn't know who I am or what my issues are...here are great some great nurses but then there are others who don't exactly inspire a lot of confidence,
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are WAY too busy. I hate to say they should turn patients away but when you make it a point to treat anyone who comes to you, you either need to be open more hours or add a second location or more staff or SOMEthing. I never see the same person from visit to visit and I'm pretty sure everyone from the receptionist to Dr. Kiltz doesn't know who I am or what my issues are. They only find out moments before coming into the room because they look at my chart, and it takes a lot for me to trust that they're reading it completely and accurately and not just flying through the appointment to get to the next of a dozen patients waiting.
I saw a different nurse or nurse practitioner each time I had an appointment, and only twice did we see a doctor for his opinion during an appointment. They have no limit on appointments at specific times so you can tell them whenever you want to come in and they let you, which means sometimes the waiting room is completely full as well as the parking lot and you can wait more than 30 minutes to be seen.
There are great some great nurses but then there are others who don't exactly inspire a lot of confidence, especially when they write down an appointment on a piece of paper and forget to put it into the computer system so you show up and no one is expecting you, or when they don't put results in the patient portal, or answer questions in the patient portal, or when they are less than experienced with a particular situation and instead of asking a colleague to verify their results they send you on your merry way with your hopes high, only to be dashed by a second visit the next day.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is warm and welcoming and confident and he is able to make his patients feel confident in their course of treatment as well. He seems to have boundless energy. I only wish he was able to see patients for more than just retrievals, transfers and surgeries, as his insight and expertise is sometimes sorely needed.
Robert Kiltz
Most of the nursing staff [at CNY-Rochester]were very compassionate. They worked efficiently to get vitals and labs at each appountment and were good with scheduling at convenient times. They were not always great about returning calls. There were a few times we had billing issues that were quickly and easily resolved.... Very welcoming and relaxing. Lots of different options to choose from including holistic approaches. Seem to be up to date on current advances in reproductive technology. Everyone is very knowledgeable and most staff is kind and compassionate. Lots of financing options
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz always took time to explain things when I did actually get to see him instead of a nurse. He offered advice and seemed to genuinely care about patient comfort and success.
Most of the nursing staff were very compassionate. They worked efficiently to get vitals and labs at each appountment and were good with scheduling at convenient times. They were not always great about returning calls. There were a few times we had billing issues that were quickly and easily resolved.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz used both a holistic, dietary and medical approach to fertility issues. When treatment failed, the next course of treatment was altered. He seemed knowledgeable and compassionate, caring about his patient's comfort and success. He is very open and talkative! The offices themselves are beautiful and relaxing, offering massage, acupuncture, yoga etc.
Be prepared to try different approaches, and some things you may have not tried before. He really believes in healthy lifestyle changes.
The first cycle we used gonal f and hcg to stim follicles, cetrotide to mature followed by a lupron trigger prior to egg retrieval. We had a lot of eggs but only 3 made it to 5 day blast. We did a 5 day transfer 2 embryos with progesterone suppositories, estrace, prednisone and aspirin if I remember correctly. We had a chemical pregnancy. The second cycle we did A FET with one embryo after an hcg wash, same meds. It was unsuccessful. The 3rd cycle we did another retrieval, gonal f and hcg with hcg trigger, retrieved 5 eggs, did ice I, had only one embryo. Added progesterone in oil injections and prograf and low dose naltrexone to keep down inflammation and rejection. We ended up pregnant that cycle.
We were able to qualify for a grant for NY residents that greatly offset our medication costs. The monitoring after transfer was all subject to insurance and deductibles.
ROCHESTER
The staff [at CNY-Rochester] notified us that we could possibly be eligible for a Grant to reduce the cost of treatment. After being notified we applied for the Grant and were able to greatly reduce our out of pocket costs.... Most of the nursing staff was wonderful. There were a few nurses that were not as compassionate as other nurses just as there were a few nurses that seemed To Personally care about your feelings and the outcome of your treatment. The nurses were always available to answer questions through the patient portal. We saw the nurses at most of the visits especially the monitoring visits instead of the doctor.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is absolutely beautiful and offers a wide variety of holistic treatments such as acupuncture and massage. They also offer yoga classes and essential oils. Beside the fact they take a holistic and dietary approach to many fertility issues they also are up today on the latest and greatest technological in medication advances in fertility. The staff is in general warm and welcoming.
I felt like he took the amount of time that we needed to understand what was going on and to ask questions in a private manner. At no time were we rushed out the door before all of our questions were answered
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
His very soft spoken and speaks very kindly. He took the time to answer questions and make sure that we understood everything. I can't say that he is overly compassionate, But he is very realistic in his expectations of treatment. If he does not think something is going to work he will Tell you that he does not think it will work.
If you are looking for a doctor to sugarcoat things he is probly not the doctor for you. He is very straight forward with what he expects out of treatment and what he thinks will and will not work.
We had a full work up with blood work and I had An HSG to make sure there was no blockage of any tubes. We suffered male factor infertility so he sent my husband to a urologist 1st who ruled out any issues. Then my husband was placed on medication to increase his sperm count and the motility. He was monitored very closely while on the medication. Since we were doing and IVF cycle I was placed on medication to increase egg production and to mature the follicles, Medication to reduce inflammation and to build-up the lining of my uterus for transfer. The 1st cycle was unsuccessful. The 2nd cycle we opted to try and HCG wash to see if it made a difference and that cycle was also unsuccessful. With the 3rd cycle we added some additional medications to cut down on inflammation and the chance of rejection of the embryos and that cycle was successful.
The staff notified us that we could possibly be eligible for a Grant to reduce the cost of treatment. After being notified we applied for the Grant and were able to greatly reduce our out of pocket costs.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
The staff at CNY fertility in SYRACUSE were nothing shy of amazing. They were kind, patient and caring. I have never experienced such a warm welcoming feeling with any other doctor or clinic before coming to CNY fertility. The entire staff makes you feel like family.... The rooms are relaxing and make you feel like you are at a spa or retreat in a luxury resort. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure you are happy and comfortable.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The facility it self is clean to even the most OCD person like myself. The rooms are relaxing and make you feel like you are at a spa or retreat in a luxury resort. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure you are happy and comfortable. Although some of the ideas the doctors encourage seem a bit far fetched or silly, there is some voodoo or magic to it because the success rates are there. When I first became a patient of CNY fertility I was blown away by their staff and facility but then over time they advanced even more and became even more amazing which is hard to believe.
Dr. Corley’s bedside manner was beyond wonderful. He is kind, gentle, has a good sense of humor, passionate and caring. Words cannot describe how thankful I am for him.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Corley was amazing beyond words. I have 0 complaints and would have him perform further treatments in a heartbeat. Dr. Corley showed compassion and kindness during the most challenging time of my life. He held my hand and put my nervous at ease. He was professional and always took the time to explain procedures in a manner that a Non-medical person would understand. He performed my IVF on July 4, and even though it was a holiday...he expressed no sense of rush or urgency with anything. He was sensitive to our needs and addressed all of our concerns throughly. Never was he unprofessional, insincere or unkind. He is a perfect fit for this field. I wish more doctors were like him.
I would tell them to be patient, and trust Dr. Corley. Give him a chance to work his magic.
2013 - 2017
When you walk in you feel like you are at a spa. The calming music, friendly staff and beautiful atmosphere would take so much of my anxiety away whenever I walked in. They were helpful, kind and compassionate from talking about financial responsibilities to initial diagnosis and treatment planning to making appointments that were convenient for me....I believe it was approximately $4000 a cycle along with prescriptions.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you walk in you feel like you are at a spa. The calming music, friendly staff and beautiful atmosphere would take so much of my anxiety away whenever I walked in. They were helpful, kind and compassionate from talking about financial responsibilities to initial diagnosis and treatment planning to making appointments that were convenient for me. Exam rooms are calming and comfortable as well as whenever I had a procedure. The patient portal made seeing and understanding any test results so much easier. And all the additional supports such as groups, yoga, massage and acupuncture at the same location are just an amazing bonus. I can’t say enough positives.
Dr. Kiltz is an amazing man and doctor. Not only did he give us hope and confidence that we could make our dreams come true he encouraged us to never give up by giving us all the knowledge and supports that were available. From educating us on the problem, what was under our control, diet, yoga, acupuncture and hope. We could not have asked for a better doctor or kinder person to be part of our journey. He gave us our baby girl and we could never repay him.
Outstanding. Although there were many, they always seemed to remember me and no matter how early I came in they had smiles. Whenever I had concerns they were kind and compassionate. And it was just amazing how efficient and knowledgeable they were. It was so hard juggling a full time teaching job 30 minutes away and to have to go into early morning doctors appointments several times a week. I never had to wait or worry that I wouldn’t make it to work on tine.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz made our dreams come true and made a very difficult journey bearable. He is an amazing man whose energy and positivity are contagious. He gave us the strength not to give up and the hope we needed to keep going through all the difficult days. I owe my world to Dr. Kiltz and I will never forget the hug he gave me the day my daughter was transferred. We were blessed to have him in our life.
Prepare your self as it will be difficult. Medications and shots and blood draws and exams and appointments after appointments. And disappointments... But don’t ever give up and embrace the knowledge and advice Dr. Kiltz has to share. He knows his stuff and his integrity and love for what he does will be obvious as he wants you to find happiness just as much you do.
Because my there appeared to be problems with my tubes and my age Dr. Kiltz then began IVF treatment. I would come in every few days, very early before work for blood draws and exams to see how medications were working. Everything seemed to go fine and the we would have retrieval’s where embryos would be made. Then transfers. The first two transfer did not work. The third I had to embryos transferred and one took! And we were blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl.
I believe it was approximately $4000 a cycle along with prescriptions. I do know they had payment plans and specific deals if you wanted more then one cycle.
For us , we were happy with trying two at a time. The doctor discussed with us about single transfer. And at one transfer that was all we had. He said “ all it takes is one.” One or two was not a concern as we would have been just as happy with multiples. But he did let us know that sometimes a single transfer was more successful.
SYRACUSE
The clinic itself is very busy and most staff seem to forget how harrowing the experience of infertility is for people. Procedures are not explained in detail...The clinic itself is gorgeous! Top of the line equipment and services... A strength of the clinic is that you never wait long to be seen...CNY didn't always post my lab results to my portal.... Some of the nurses expressed compassion while others struggled to do so. When I called, I felt I was being a nuisance and often felt rushed off the phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is gorgeous! Top of the line equipment and services. They have a beautiful aesthetic with a full spa located upstairs where you can book acupuncture and massages. The lobby is warm and inviting with nice furniture, a beautiful fireplace, and dim lighting. It is clear that Dr. Kiltz, the head of the practice, poured his heart and soul into creating these clinics. I wonder how he would feel if he discovered how they are treating clients. If you are looking for affordable IVF, then CNY is the most affordable out there. Just be prepared to be treated as a number and not as an individual. A strength of the clinic is that you never wait long to be seen. Make sure to advocate for yourself if you come here for treatment.
The clinic itself is very busy and most staff seem to forget how harrowing the experience of infertility is for people. I wasn't aware that my initial intake would be my only real in person meeting with the RE. Procedures are not explained in detail. You have to be a squeaky wheel in order to get answers from staff.
As mentioned earlier, the staff need to remember that infertility is a tough thing for couples to face. Also, they need to not assume that we have googled everything and understand the IUI or IVF processes in their entirety. It would have been nice to have a sit down with someone who would explain the procedures before they were performed, as normally occurs in the medical field. Some of the nurses expressed compassion while others struggled to do so. When I called, I felt I was being a nuisance and often felt rushed off the phone. At times, I would have to call repeatedly to get a call back. They do make an effort however to follow up when you are monitored locally, to ensure you are on track.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman is highly experienced and clearly an excellent RE. What I feel he lacks, however is warmth. It feels like he gives you the facts without really weighing in on and/or discussing your decision making. Dr. Grossman is extremely gentle with procedures. His personality is calm overall, but he is quick witted and brief in his interactions. He speaks quickly so you really have to pay attention to what he says or you might miss something.
Before going into the intake, have a list of questions prepared for him as this will likely be the only time you sit down with him. Use the patient portal to communicate with him as he is usually quick to respond to your questions if you message him. You will also be able to schedule phone calls with him.
For 5 days: Gonal F 225 IU once daily, Menopur 75 IUonce daily, Z Pak --take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone, Prednisone 5 mg--1 tablet by mouth twice daily, Prenatal Vitamin one qd--take one by mouth daily. Day 6-9: Added Cetrotide .25 mg. Day 10: Stopped all injectables and took Lupron 0.8 mg and Ovidrel 250 mcg. Day 11: Just took Prednisone and prenatal vitamins. I had the retrieval two days later. They retrieved 17 eggs total. They ICSIed 15 eggs and 3 survived to day 6 and day 7. We refused PGS testing but we consented to assisted hatching. The following month, we decided to put all three embryos in during the transfer.
I didn't monitor at CNY, I monitored locally. For the most part, the local monitoring went smoothly. There was some glitches with CNY not getting results quickly enough--I believe that happened twice. Once, the local clinic that monitored didn't accurately count my follicles, so CNY scheduled an ultrasound at their clinic before my failed IUI. CNY didn't always post my lab results to my portal.
It is $3900 for IVF with ICSI including 1 year storage of embryos and a year of FET. Meds via my own insurance company's specialty pharmacy--just paid co pays. If monitoring is done at CNY, it is an additional $875. If you go locally to your OBGYN, your insurance company pays for it. My insurance company pays for unlimited IUIs. Co pays at CNY are usually $50.
He didn't weigh in other than saying that three was the maximum that I could transfer due to my age.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Most of the nurses [at CNY] were very kind and compassionate...However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients...Strength: I had 2 nurses... were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally....After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: I had 2 nurses I worked with who were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally.
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz. I would often see different nurses and they would not know my case well. If I was able to see the same nurse this was helpful. But due to the business of the clinic that was not always possible. I had to monitor my own blood work more times than I should have. My thyroid was never monitored appropriately. After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake. But this did not make up for what had been done.
Most of the nurses were very kind and compassionate. They had a lot to undertake as a result of all that constant changes that were made by the doctor. However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Strength: kind and compassionate. Low cost. Truly wants to help others. Provided cell phone number for calls or texts. Weaknesses. Would prescribe serious meds without appropriate diagnosis. Did not see him for appts. Only saw nurses. Unless it was an emergency or transfer. He is a very kind man and when I did see him, he was very supportive. But he just takes on too many patients and you feel like a number. As a result the level of care suffers.
Advocate for yourself, review all of your labs, do not take every medicine without research and an understanding.
There were so many Meds prescribed to me with the school of thought let’s see if it works. Not really considering my history.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
CNY Fertility is absolutely amazing. I've only seen the Syracuse facility, and it was so impressive. It felt like I was at a spa. They offer massage, acupuncture, there is a uterus shaped hot tub, a pool, amazing shower facilities. They also have a great set up with a local hotel that offers free shuttle service back and forth to the clinic. CNY also offers their own financing plan, which everyone qualifies for. ..
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Fertility is absolutely amazing. I've only seen the Syracuse facility, and it was so impressive. It felt like I was at a spa. They offer massage, acupuncture, there is a uterus shaped hot tub, a pool, amazing shower facilities. They also have a great set up with a local hotel that offers free shuttle service back and forth to the clinic. CNY also offers their own financing plan, which everyone qualifies for. And they have several option.
Dr. Kiltz gives his personal cell phone number out to all patients and is quite good at responding. I don't think he ever sleeps! The nurses and support staff are also readily available to answer any and all questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta)
Greta is simply Amazing! All of her patients adore her and she adores them. She is always available and has been so helpful to so many of us.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is an absolutely amazing man. He doesn't turn anyone away and he has done his best to make treatments more affordable. I highly recommend him and CNY Fertility to anyone and everyone. He is always just a text away if you're having a freak out in the middle of the night as well. No other doctor I know is as caring and compassionate.
If you don't ask, the answer will always be no. It is something he has said numerous times during his webinars...where he also gives away a free cycle.
I had recurrent losses prior to switching to CNY. So we went with the full immune protocol. I used gonal, menopur, cetrotide, lovenox, baby aspirin, ldn, prograf, neupogen, and i cant remember if there was more. After my second bfn, he suggested a lap to ensure I didn't have any underlying issues (i.e. endo), as we had been previously diagnosed as mfi. My local ob/gyn did the procedure, which i regret, because it would have been more beneficial in my opinion had I been able to get it done by Dr. Kiltz. (My local doctor found a huge cyst on one ovary, which he drained, adhesions, which he burned, and something that may or may not have been endo, but he didn't biopsy it, so now I'll never know.)
The price of my first cycle was $3900, which included retrieval, icsi, embryo cryopreservation, sperm cryopreservation, assisted hatching, and free FETs for one year. The only thing not included is monitoring (which I did locally) and meds.
I am older (42) and did not have many embryos (4), so it was recommended that we do two for the fresh and then freeze the other two. And when it was time for FET, I choose to do two again.
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
3900..for retrieval, icsi, anaesthesia, egg freezing for one year, assisted hatching, and transfers free up to a year...I can't speak for monitoring at the clinic. I was a satellite patient and I monitored in North Carolina versus monitoring in New York...The nursing staff is truly amazing. They are very prompt at returning phone calls and even better with the patient portal and returning emails. They always call to congratulate and follow up with you each step of the way. When we were at the facility, they made sure to treat you as if you were at home and to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Syracuse is a beautiful facility. There's an on-site Spa acupuncture and massage specialist. The waiting room is very soothing and relaxing. The staff is amazing and they always have a smile on their face.
Although Dr.Kiltz didn't personally do my retrieval on that day. He still made an effort to find us and check on us to see how everything went!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.Kiltz is truly a god send! I have Never Meda Doctor Who personally gives out his cell phone number and personally responds to all calls and texts. He was there when we had simple questions about medicines and as I was going through my miscarriage hundreds of miles away. He didn't hesitate to call me when I sent the text just to give me some words of encouragement and so that he was updated on what was going on. From our first consultation we knew that he was the right doctor for us. He has so many suggestions and is willing to try every and anything to get you pregnant.
Keep your faith and keep an open mind. He's willing to go the extra mile and he will never turn anyone down regardless of their situation
In the beginning Dr kiltz suggested the keto diet to reduce inflammation in the body. He also suggested that we start a medicine LDN. His first goal was to remove any inflammation before proceeding with IVF. Afterwards we did the traditional meds gonal-f menopur cetrotide Lovenox and the few other things.
He left it up to the patient but he did give his thoughts. Being that I am 32 I was allowed to transfer to embryos.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Nursing staff [at CNY] is excellent. Very knowledgeable and compassionate. They have an amazing ability to foster positivity and hope...Very accommodating and welcoming. It provides innovative and creative treatment options in a supportive environment...Protocols have varied. The constant has been the ketogenic diet, no running, Co-Q10, DHEA, LDN, and prednisone during cycles....My insurance has covered IUIs and monitoring appointments. Medications varied per cycle from a couple of hundred to over $1,000. IVF cycles were $3,900 each...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
He seems genuinely interested in me and my case. He approaches the process holistically and looks at all aspects of your like and how it may impact your fertility.
Nursing staff is excellent. Very knowledgeable and compassionate. They have an amazing ability to foster positivity and hope. I had one negative experience while dealing with a new pregnancy. The fetus was not growing and the nurse said if it didn't improve I would have to get a D&C. We ended up hearing a heartbeat a few days later. Although a miscarriage was the end result, she was premature in suggesting the D&C. It was something we were not comfortable morally and the baby was still alive.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is extremely positive and driven toward his patient's success. He's aggressive and creative in his treatment plan and really listens and respond to the needs of each individual patient. He is only one person and it's a large practice to manage.
Have an open mind and be willing to try anything.
Protocols have varied. The constant has been the ketogenic diet, no running, Co-Q10, DHEA, LDN, and prednisone during cycles. First IVF included Gonal, Menopur, Ganirelix, Lupron - after transfer PIO, estrace, baby asprin. Second IVF - added HGH priming and Lovenex for recurrent miscarriages. IUI cycles I've been doing lo-med with Letrizol .
Only had one embryo each time.
ROCHESTER
[SNY - Albany] Strengths - full approach to care, payment plans, inexpensive, friendly staff Weaknesses - not all doctors are the same. You may have to talk to them each to figure out what works for you...There were other members of the staff that I worked with during my treatment. Kimmy, Greta, Katie, Donna. I felt like each one of them paid attention to who I am and I didn't feel like I had to explain my case or situation every time I called about something.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I felt like I could call or text and have my concerns checked into by an actual human. I did need to make sure of some things that I wanted looked into but not enough to feel like my care wasn't individualized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta N.)
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable regarding IVF and treatments. I felt like I could ask him anything and be given an answer that was sufficient. I consider him to be one of the kinder doctors that I've had and have recommended him to family as well.
As with any clinic, do your research and see if this is a doctor for you. Much like me, he is into full health which means you may be suggested diet changes (not regarding weight but health). You may be told about acupuncture or relaxation to combat stress. It's not just about IVF or fertility treatments. If that's your kind of care, you may fit right in.
I have immune issues and adding steroids among other things were talked about. The point is to make sure that my body is prepared and ready and not fighting the embryo and the medications. I am in the middle of my second cycle now and I've had the chance to look at my response to lower scale changes so now we're looking at taking it higher and doing more. I'm optimistic since these are changes that I do need.
I was able to do a payment arrangement. My IVF cycle is $4400. Buy one get one acupuncture is $70 day of embryo transfer.
I was able to choose which I wanted. I think I will consider doing more the next time but I am happy that I was able to have a say in what happened.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
The clinic is also a spa, they have providers for acupuncture, massage and fertility yoga. They also have a hot tub and sauna. The embryologist team culture your embryos out to 7 days. Most clinics discard embryos if they haven't achieved blastocyst stage by day 5 or 6. The clinic is busy...hold times might be a little longer than most clinics...Most of the nursing staff were kind and followed up appropriately. Both Donna and Becky provided clear instructions and orders.
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is also a spa, they have providers for acupuncture, massage and fertility yoga. They also have a hot tub and sauna. The embryologist team culture your embryos out to 7 days. Most clinics discard embryos if they haven't achieved blastocyst stage by day 5 or 6. The clinic is busy because Dr. Kiltz does not turn patients away so hold times might be a little longer than most clinics but be patient.
Dr. Kiltz gives you his personal cell number to text him at any time with any questions. After my failed fresh transfer (hadn't even made it to BETA day yet) he called me to get our plan together for an FET immediately. I had my FET plan together before my BETA test and could book travel and know exactly what we were going to be doing differently. Even though he is busy running his practice, he makes sure and stops to talk to you and acknowledge your concerns. He also is your biggest cheerleader. He genuinely wants everyone to be successful at growing their families.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Donna Polito and Rebecca Akey)
Most of the nursing staff were kind and followed up appropriately. Both Donna and Becky provided clear instructions and orders. They were there to answer phone call questions and emails. There were some communication delays but nothing that a follow up phone call from me couldn't fix. After success was a little stressful because I was waiting for the u/s appointment at my local OB/GYN's office to confirm the pregnancy was viable.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz does everything in his power to make your experience with his clinic nothing less than great. He texts you back at all hours of the day/night/weekend. He is a kind and gentle doctor with a warm personality.
Don't be afraid to question your protocol and what you can do differently after failed cycles. Dr. Kiltz will work with you to come up with different protocols to help you achieve success.
Dr. Kiltz put me on an immunological protocol to help combat embryo rejection. He uses new medications and evolves his protocols to include medications that show promise or are proven to help women achieve successful pregnancies. Dr. Kiltz also believes strongly in the keto diet which he suggests for all of his patients. He used intralipids, neupogen, LDN, and prednisone to help with embryo rejection. He is now using prograf which is used in organ transplant to prevent rejection of transplanted organs.
I was a travel patient, monitoring was done by a local imaging center and lab.
A full IVF cycle is $3900 excluding medications (but including anesthesia and embryo storage for one year of any remaining embryos). Included in that cost was FETs for a year if transfers were unsuccessful and you had embryos frozen. They provide no interest financing for one year (you do pay a monthly administrative fee). Their FETs are $1500 for each transfer if you go back after the year of free FETs or a pregnancy.
SYRACUSE
EXCELLENT!!! I dealt with many nurses due to going between the [CNY] Rochester and Syracuse offices and every single one went above and beyond! Always compassionate and treating me like I was there only patient! They were always to go to person! The ones who kept the entire process organized!... Very soothing place to be, beautiful, comfortable, spa like atmosphere and treatment. Never actually felt like a traditional doctors office. Didn’t even smell like a doctors office. Extremely clean and calming!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz was super compassionate and very calming, his entire atmosphere was relaxing and he would sit next to you while talking with you, he would answer questions with out rushing like he had other things to do.
EXCELLENT!!! I dealt with many nurses due to going between the Rochester and Syracuse offices and every single one went above and beyond! Always compassionate and treating me like I was there only patient! They were always to go to person! The ones who kept the entire process organized!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Robert Kiltz explained the procedure completely while also answering any questions. He actually only did my retrieval and another physician did the actual transfer 5 days later. I did only meet him one time but he acted like he had met me many times and knew my history.
He likes the Keto diet
I had to use many drugs including injections in the beginning before harvesting my eggs, during that time I had blood work and ultrasounds done every other day until my eggs were at a certain size. Then the retrieval was scheduled. That is actually the first time I met Dr. Kiltz, I did a lot of my prep and testing in the Rochester office due to being closer to my home and then the actual procedure i traveled to Syracuse. After retrieval we waited 5 days and went back to Syracuse where another MD transferred 2 embryos. After the procedure I did acupuncture for one hour, then went home. After 2 weeks I had blood work done to check and see if it worked. After 4 weeks we went back to Rochester for our first ultrasound to see how many of the embryos took. We were blessed and one of the two took and we were able to see the yolk sac that day. We continued to travel back and forth to Rochester for the first 12 weeks for blood work and ultrasounds. During that time I was taking a baby aspirin, prednisone, estrogen and injecting progesterone. Once I was 12 weeks along I was able to stop all the medications and was discharged to my local midwife. 9 Months later we had a healthy baby boy!!
I traveled to and from Elmira NY for all my monitoring, I was also a full time employee as a nurse and a full time grad school student at the time. My commute time was about 2 hours. The offices were super flexible around my schedule while also setting some limits due to the timing of certain procedures or labs. They were excellent to work with!
I believe it was anywhere between $10,000-$15,000??? My insurance did not cover IVF
SYRACUSE
The nurse staff [at CNY Fertility Center] was great. They all were kind and compassionate. They all followed the same procedure. If I had any questions they had the knowledge to answer them and we're available to me to email any questions on the portal..My insurance didn't cover anything associated with the IVF...I believe the overall costs were close to $7000...Everyone was so helpful and kind. Loved my experience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone was amazing. And the facility is very nice, soothing, calm and relaxing. Infertility can be stressful and emotional and you lose all that when you go here
Everyone was so helpful and kind. Loved my experience.
The nurse staff was great. They all were kind and compassionate. They all followed the same procedure. If I had any questions they had the knowledge to answer them and we're available to me to email any questions on the portal
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Very kind and compassionate. Very thorough and smart. Gave me all the options to my treatment. Explained the procedures and I never felt like I didn't know what was going on. He is very busy, but I like that he takes the time to do the webinars for patients to ask him all sorts of questions on Fertility and treatment.
Great place. He is very kind and compassionate. Everyone is very helpful. Ask questions if you don't know the answer. There are people available and the online portle to use as well.
We tried IUI first with medications. He suggested try 3 IUIs and then move onto IVF. My first doctor did not use medications besides a trigger shot. So I was on gonal f and a few other medications for IUI. Everything worked like it should but I did not get pregnant with any of my IUIs. With IVF I did all the medication I needed to too give me the greatest chance of getting pregnant. And I did get pregnant with singleton.
My insurance covered the IUI and some medications. My insurance didn't cover anything associated with the IVF. It was paid out of pocket. I believe the overall costs were close to $7000.
He gave me the option on 1 or 2 embryo transfer and I chose 2. I was explained the risks.
SYRACUSE
While it was sometimes hard to reach staff by phone[at CNY Fertility Center], their use of the online portal compensated well and it was easy to review your own test results and ask questions. There was about a month's wait scheduling an initial appointment but once treatment had started they were on the ball with fitting you in and I was often able to schedule monitoring early enough to not miss work. They did not "batch" IVF patients like I have seen other practices do, so I felt confident that timing of procedures was appropriate and tailored to how I was responding. I was ultimately much more satisfied with the communication and tailored treatment from
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There is a lot of marketing of this practice as being integrative and spa-like. I was initially very reluctant to go to this practice because I was afraid that they would push complementary and alternative medication/treatments on me that had little evidence for efficacy. They did give me a copy of founder Dr. Kiltz's book which in my opinion has a load of dangerous nonsense mixed in with medical information. However, none of the doctors or staff ever pushed me to try anything that I didn't feel was "real" medicine (like acupuncture, massage, etc.). If you're like me- very skeptical of "alternative" treatments and prefer that your doctor stick to established medical science - I can assure you that at least the Albany location was great and I always felt that my doctors and the nursing staff were well-informed and choosing good evidence-based treatment options. The practice has a spa/wellness center above it and I was worried about this almost being a conflict of interest for the staff but my worries seemed unfounded. The clinic has very nice up-to-date equipment including new ultrasound machines, and appears clean and professional. The waiting room has a more home-like atmosphere than any other doctor I have been to. They also provided nice touches such as wipes and pads for your use in cleaning up after monitoring ultrasounds, and a warm robe at retrieval and transfer (spa-like characteristics I can get behind!). While it was sometimes hard to reach staff by phone, their use of the online portal compensated well and it was easy to review your own test results and ask questions. There was about a month's wait scheduling an initial appointment but once treatment had started they were on the ball with fitting you in and I was often able to schedule monitoring early enough to not miss work. They did not "batch" IVF patients like I have seen other practices do, so I felt confident that timing of procedures was appropriate and tailored to how I was responding. I was ultimately much more satisfied with the communication and tailored treatment from CNY than I was with a different provider where I had pursued IUI.
After my first meeting with Dr. Grossman I felt an immense sense of relief and hope. He had thoroughly read my records transferred from another doctor ahead of time and understood why I wanted to get started with IVF and not spend any more time on IUIs or repeat any tests that were not necessary. While I mainly saw the nurses during monitoring, Dr. Grossman was kind, patient and reassuring at retrieval and transfer. The nursing staff were amazing at answering my questions and clarifications both in person and through the patient portal and let me weigh in on preferences so that I felt I was helping make treatment decisions that worked for me (such as timing of when to adjust thyroid medication, or whether to wait a cycle after retrieval or begin BCP right away in preparation for FET).
Nursing staff were great at promptly responding to my questions through the patient portal and following up with the doctor if needed. When I saw them in person at monitoring visits, I saw a lot of different nurses but they were all very professional. Nearly all of them were excellent at blood draws and at doing transvaginal ultrasounds with as little discomfort as possible. I also had to repeat my SHG and HSG, and it was much less painful with CNY than at the previous doctor I had used. Nurses were great at getting me in and out quickly at before-work appointments, yet were patient and understanding on the days I did have questions and took the time to demonstrate things such as injection technique. Occasionally I would have to ask a question of a second nurse at the next visit or through the portal when an initial nurse had said they would follow up with me. The fact that there were so many different nursing staff seemed to mean that there was not the best possible coordination, but nothing important ever was forgotten or lost for me (I felt my care was actually better organized than at a different doctor's practice when I had had an assigned nurse coordinator). It was difficult to reach staff promptly by phone at the location where I was treated, so they advised me to use the patient portal whenever possible - for the most part this was fine but there were a few times I would have liked to be able to reach someone on the phone more easily. When I needed to speak to the on-call nurse after hours I was able to reach her immediately though and she was very reassuring and scheduled me an appointment the next day for some unexplained bleeding.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
When I first met with Dr Grossman before pursuing IVF he was very friendly and knowledgeable, and had actually reviewed my records thoroughly ahead of our appointment (something very few doctors have done in my experience!). He had a great bedside manner, was patient at answering all my questions, and was good at quickly tailoring the level of detail and attitude with which he explained things to a level appropriate for my prior knowledge, so that he was able to educate me about the process while not seeming condescending. Through retrieval and transfer he was realistic and did not sugar coat facts/chances, yet seemed optimistic and made me feel hopeful.
Ask lots of questions!
Short stimulation phase with no suppression beforehand, antagonist protocol, Lupron trigger - selected to reduce OHSS risks as I was a first time IVF patient under 35 with unexplained infertility and no history of not responding well to medications. ICSI to improve chances due to using donor sperm (seemed ICSI was the practice's standard whenever possible). Freeze-all due to elevated progesterone at retrieval. 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 blasts and were frozen. FET protocol with PIO and baby aspirin continuing through 10w and progesterone suppositories to 12w. Had positive beta after first FET (eSET due to my age, good embryo quality and my low tolerance for risk of multiples) resulting in current ongoing singleton pregnancy (12w).
I was lucky enough to have full insurance coverage for nearly all IVF costs with only $20 copays for certain visits at the time I pursued treatment with Dr. Grossman. I believe I spent about $800 on donor sperm, and about $1000 for testing/consult before my insurance coverage began, to repeat HSG, SHG, and some monitored non-treatment cycle bloodwork.
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
Immunological, Unexplained
Ally [nurse at CNY Fertility Center] was amazing from day one. She even gave me her cell number over a holiday weekend in case I needed to reach her after I started Stim meds for the DE cycle. She is very sweet and is quick to respond to answer your questions....CNY has a spa feel to it. It looks nothing like a medical office once you walm through the front door. Every location was decorated the same by Dr. Kiltz. They spared no expense in making the facility, the lab, the rooms, the spa top notch. It's like going on a mini vacation. While waiting in the lobby on their partners, spouse, friend or relative I treatment, the spa staff give free massages to those waiting.
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz is the only doctor u have ever encountered who Ives patients his private cell number so that you can call or text him any time of day or night. He was on vacation in Mexico and he called me from there when I had a concern.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Allyson Santoro)
Ally was amazing from day one. She even gave me her cell number over a holiday weekend in case I needed to reach her after I started Stim meds for the DE cycle. She is very sweet and is quick to respond to answer your questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is not only an amazing RE but he is also an RI and is very knowledgeable on protocols and immune treatments. He goes above and beyond to make the patients happy, even if he has to come out of his pocket to help you.
Be ready to experience the osterbock amazing journey with a doctor who really truly cares.
After a miscarriage due to undiagnosed immune issues, I underwent four additional cycles with no implantation. Dr. Kiltz added immune meds and had me do an endometrial biopsy and additional testing to make sure I would be able to get pregnant. He then explained that because of my age, Donor Eggs would be better. I went with his assessment and got pregnant on the first try and am currently in a very healthy pregnancy.
My first two cycles were a package deal of $5000 for two cycles. The other 3 were $3900 each. My donor egg cycle was $7800.
SYRACUSE
When you enter the clinic [CNY-Syracuse], it does not feel like a typical doctor’s office that has a sterile feel to it. It’s very welcoming and relaxing. Once you’ve gone a few times, many of the staff learn who you are and remember you by name. The only weakness would be how busy it can be and therefore, the wait and sometimes lack of space.... We appreciated working with all of the nurses that we encountered. Deanna was one who stood out to us with how comfortable she made us feel.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you enter the clinic, it does not feel like a typical doctor’s office that has a sterile feel to it. It’s very welcoming and relaxing. Once you’ve gone a few times, many of the staff learn who you are and remember you by name. The only weakness would be how busy it can be and therefore, the wait and sometimes lack of space.
All of the staff were very understanding and sensitive to what is a very emotional process. Everyone made us feel comfortable. A plan was promptly put in place and executed.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz was kind, but direct about everything that was going on and his recommendations. Our meetings with him were pleasant, but brief. We had a successful pregnancy on our first round of the plan we were put on. We are extremely grateful to Dr. Kiltz for his suggestions and helping us start our family so quickly after our losses.
To be open-minded to his recommendations, particularly when it comes to a fertility diet.
The first thing was to start the fertility diet to help balance out my hormones and try to reduce the cysts on my ovaries. There were several vitamins recommended. We were on the recurrent pregnancy loss protocol and timed intercourse, which called for use of letrozole. We used ovidrill to force me to ovulate once my follicles were optimal sizes. I was on progesterone suppositories to help support pregnancy, prednisone to reduce any inflammation in my uterus, intralipid IVs to provide healthy proteins and fats for a healthy pregnancy, metformin to control my blood sugar, and lovenox injections to avoid any clotting in the placenta. On our first round with all of this, we successfully became pregnant and had a healthy pregnancy which resulted in my daughter being delivered full-term.
My insurance covered all of the procedures I had done and the majority of the costs for the meds. The most expensive part was having weekly intralipid IVs. Thankfully my treatment was successful quickly and very affordable.
SYRACUSE
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] is really great at providing affordable treatment and everyone is very friendly. They are great to tailor protocols to individuals, but a downside is they like to push certain things on a lot of patients (immune protcol, Keto Diet, etc).... Dr. Kiltz goes above and beyond. During retrieval, he had to go in from my abdomen area to get to my ovary. Some doctors would just skip the follicles.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is really great at providing affordable treatment and everyone is very friendly. They are great to tailor protocols to individuals, but a downside is they like to push certain things on a lot of patients (immune protcol, Keto Diet, etc). A weakness of theirs is keeping nurses that shouldn't have a job (Donna). She is terrible! So, if you get Donna as a nurse, ask to get someone else. Dr. Kiltz goes above and beyond. During retrieval, he had to go in from my abdomen area to get to my ovary. Some doctors would just skip the follicles.
He is always willing to talk to you when necessary. He called me during his office hours. He treats his patients wonderfully and not like a number.
Some of the nurses are excellent. Greta is one of the excellent nurses. She goes above and beyond for the patients. However, Donna is horrible! I don't know how she still has a job as a nurse. Most nurses are very friendly and eager to help.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a wonderful doctor. His bedside manner is excellent. He is very warm, friendly, and compassionate. He always has a smile on his face and he is very encouraging. He is willing to go above and beyond all other doctors in this field. He always can be reached via text during any hours of the day.
He is a great doctor. He does advocate the Keto Diet for a lot of patients. But, I highly recommend it.
I am overweight. I have DOR and PCOS. He recommended a prime for 30 days and stim with HGH and Estrogen. He also recommend the Keto Diet. He said priming would get me more eggs. Sadly, only 1 of the 5 made it to freeze. I'm really disappointed that happened. I spent a lot of money on the HGH ($315 per vial and I needed 5 vials). I was on 300 iu of Follistim and 150 iu of Menopur. I stimmed for 12 days.
It's very affordable ($4,400). Their pricing includes everything except for monitoring and medication.
I only have one to transfer, so I have no information on it.
SYRACUSE
CNY is in Albany (Latham) NY and deals with a lot of travel patients as their price is incredibly affordable, compared to many IVF clinics. ($3900 for an IVF cycle with ICSI, frozen storage and FETs within a year of retrieval, as of Feb 2016). Their clinic itself is gorgeous and spa-like. A CNY Healing Arts spa is upstairs with a beautiful fireplace room, massages, acupuncture, and wonderful staff. The environment is so calming and very un-hospital-like.