Buffalo
195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

2020, Unsuccessful
I can't speak much to my experience with Dr. Grossman, mostly because I never met him. I only spoke with him twice, once for my initial consult before starting my cycle, and once after my egg retrieval which went poorly...Both times he honestly didn't have much to say. It felt like our conversations were directed by me and my questions rather than him offering any information or thoughts. He only gives what you ask for and even then it's not much.
CNY is a busy clinic, with a high volume of patients. It appears as though the only way they can handle it all is to streamline treatment. You often feel like you are just a little cog in a big wheel churning around you...The only strength is that it's affordable...things are dirty, staff seem miserable, and the doctors are MIA. Dr. Kiltz heavily pushes his keto diet (to all patients regardless of their specific issues) which he's modified for fertility and quotes ZERO research around it.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
I can't speak much to my experience with Dr. Grossman, mostly because I never met him. I only spoke with him twice, once for my initial consult before starting my cycle, and once after my egg retrieval which went poorly due to only resulting in one poor quality embryo (after having 12 follicles retrieved), to discuss next steps and review things. Both times he honestly didn't have much to say. It felt like our conversations were directed by me and my questions rather than him offering any information or thoughts. He only gives what you ask for and even then it's not much.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Don't expect much, you're your only advocate, so don't rely on him to advise you or provide you with much information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
I never actually met Dr. Grossman. CNY is a busy clinic, with a high volume of patients. It appears as though the only way they can handle it all is to streamline treatment. You often feel like you are just a little cog in a big wheel churning around you. I traveled from out of state, and had all consults and meetings with my Dr. prior to my cycle through the phone, and once I arrived it wasn't until I had my retrieval that I actually saw a Dr at all (and I did all my monitoring there). Even then, it was a different RE than the one I'd been working with.
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Stimulation via 300 IU Gonal F, 150 IU Menopur, 4.5 mg LDN daily until trigger, adding in .25 mg Cetrotide in the morning on cycle day 9 continuing until trigger. Triggered with Lupron. I did well on these meds, no big side effects, had 14 follicles and retrieved 12. I had done a mini stim cycle with a different clinic before coming to CNY and didn't get many eggs, so this was a more typical level of higher stimulation and I did better with it. However it clearly didn't matter since I only ended up with one 6cc embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Ok, so one thing to note here is that I was getting treatment during the start of Covid-19 hitting NY. Things changed quickly, and while everything around us was shutting down, the clinic stayed open to finish out patients who were mid-cycle (me). That may have affected things. My experience of the nurses was that they were busy, unhappy, stressed out, and stretched thin. Never very friendly, you're always meeting with someone different, and they didn't seem very professional either. One left the room at one point because she couldn't find our consent on her computer, and went to go ask about it. She left the room with her computer open and pointed at us, and we were actually able to see our consent file right there by searching ourselves. That lack of professionalism was appalling to say the least. Not only was she unable to find something staring right at her, but she left patients in the room with her computer open with access to confidential files. Yikes. Also, the clinic felt pretty dirty. Not sure if that's on the nursing staff, but it was unsettling especially given the virus.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The only strength is that it's affordable. That's why I went here. I have no coverage, and that leaves me with options like this one. The weaknesses are that it's seeing a high volume of patients, and therefor we're all just numbers. You see a different person every time, appointments are in and out before you have a chance to remember what questions to ask, sometimes they don't even take time to review your meds with you, things are dirty, staff seem miserable, and the doctors are MIA. Dr. Kiltz heavily pushes his keto diet (to all patients regardless of their specific issues) which he's modified for fertility and quotes ZERO research around it. He also promotes CBD products with ZERO research or information available on CNY's website as to how its helpful vs. harmful. It feels very much like CNY is a wellness brand vs. and actual medical facility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
3900 for a cycle not including meds (those were another 3500) this was without insurance.
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Their protocol is to only transfer one, unless it's a special scenario or they are pushed by the patient.
Latham

When you try to ask questions, [Dr. Robert Kiltz] just replies with “the nurses will go over all this information with you”, so that is a little frustrating. He pushes his Keto diet VERY HARD, and I felt like I didn’t have a choice but to follow that diet, and that created more stress...I had a salad the previous day, and he said to me, “lettuce will kill babies, do not eat that!” I was terrified!
With the very first cycle, everything was amazing! The travel nurses were very informative and kept me updated on what was happening and called me with results quickly! As my failed cycles went on, I felt like I was “forgotten”, and I had to keep calling the nurses and asking for my results and directions as to what I should do...unfortunately because of all of that miscommunication. I had to cancel my cycle before I could even really start because I wasn’t taking the correct medication.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is VERY INTENSE. He truly wants to help you get pregnant and start a family, and that is amazing. He is very knowledgeable, and sometimes it is hard to follow him because he trows A LOT of medical terminology at you and talks very fast, making it hard to understand. When you try to ask questions, he just replies with “the nurses will go over all this information with you”, so that is a little frustrating. He pushes his Keto diet VERY HARD, and I felt like I didn’t have a choice but to follow that diet, and that created more stress for me because I was/am so hard on myself because I haven’t gotten pregnant yet, so every time I “cheat” on keto, he makes me feel like that’s why I’m not pregnant. The day of my egg retreaval, as I was laying on the operating table, he was asking me how my keto was going and I had told him good and that I had a salad the previous day, and he said to me, “lettuce will kill babies, do not eat that!” I was terrified! When I am in the clinic, Dr Kiltz is very nice, for the short time I see him, and always says “God Bless” as he leaves the room, and I do love that. I’m not sure if I would choose to see him again, because he is so intense, I would rather see a different doctor in his practice, Dr Corley!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Take a lot of notes, because he talks very fast! Try to not be offended when he talks about his “Kiltz’s Keto”.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
With the very first cycle, everything was amazing! The travel nurses were very informative and kept me updated on what was happening and called me with results quickly! As my failed cycles went on, I felt like I was “forgotten”, and I had to keep calling the nurses and asking for my results and directions as to what I should do, they were making it very stressful. You have to talk to a different nurse every time you call, making it hard for them to have a good relationship with you.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He always used his immune protocol do decrease possible inflammation. The medications we used for almost every cycle were: Prednisone, Low dose aspirin, LDN, Intralipid Infusions once a week prior to and after transfer, estradiol. And KETO. Unfortunately I have never been pregnant, I did have 1 chemical pregnancy, but zero success. He isn’t sure why I am not getting pregnant, and has labeled it “unexplained infertility”.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The travel team is very uninformative. I had to keep calling them to get my test results, and that made things very stressful. And every time you call you speak to a different travel nurse, and have to wait for them to go through your entire chart before they can help you, making it very frustrating. I finally asked if I could have one nurse please take care of me because I was getting misinformed and getting wrong medication dosage by multiple nurses. On one occasion, three different nurses told me three different ways to take a medication. I finally got connected with a nurse named, Kristine K, and she is truly AMAZING! She is A part of the travel team and it is so sweet and truly cares about you. So when I call now to speak to a nurse I specifically asked for her and I don’t mind waiting on hold until I can speak with her, because I know I can trust her and she will tell me the correct information, and advocate for me to Dr. Kiltz. I love her and she really does care about me and want me to get pregnant! When I go to the clinic to have my transfers, I always get a nurse name Ashley (I do not remember her last name, but she has tattoos down her arm and dark hair and very pretty), and she is a rockstar when I am there! She is very down to earth and wants the best for us and does not mess around with treatment!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I am a travel client, so the only time that I go to the clinic is for the egg retrieval and transfers. When we first arrived the clinic feels like a spa! It is literally beautiful and very welcoming! I felt very relaxed while I was there and never nervous. The very first time we were there we got to walk down the hall where the embryologists were working, that was very interesting and nice knowing where my embryos were going. I have done acupuncture a few times before and after my transfer, and it was truly relaxing, I highly recommend doing that. Every single person at the clinic that I encountered was very polite, always smiling, and excited that you were there!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I am a travel client, so on day one of my menstrual, I would call CNY And let them know I had started, and then they would upload a order to my patient portal for me to schedule my ultrasound and lab work. The facility where I got my ultrasound at got me in immediately and treated me like a STAT patient. (kudos to Fulton County Health Center in Wauseon Ohio!) I would have to get my lab work done at Toledo Hospital, due to it needing STAT results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
The initial phone consultation/interview was free with Dr. Kiltz. Once I completed all of my deemed testing prior to doing IVF, then I could order medications for egg retrieval. I choose to pay in full for my Single Cycle IVF with out of town monitoring, and that was $4,050.00, that included one egg retrieval, anesthesia, assisted hatching, embryo storage for one year from retrieval, and one fresh embryo transfer. Every frozen transfer after that was $450 plus $150 monitor fee for the nurses, totaling $600 each time I did a frozen transfer. But those prices are only good for one year from me signing my contract with them in September 2019. I do know that their prices have increased since then, but I do not know those prices, as I still have one frozen embryo left. I did get my initial medications for egg retrieval from integrity pharmacy, that CNY recommended, and that total was $3085.71. Every frozen transfer was a little different, and I was able to get those medications from my local pharmacy for the immune protocol.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
He will only do 1 embryo transfer, and states it is a standard. My third transfer, he did agree to transfer 2 embryos, and unfortunately that didn’t work either. He believes that it doesn’t increase your chances of getting pregnant by increasing the number of embryos transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The travel nurses are not good at communicating instructions, and sometimes they do not call with my lab and ultrasound results, so I have to call them and get them and speak to multiple nurses to get the information. They are supposed to call you that day after you get your lab and ultrasound, I should never have to call into them, they should be contacting me. One day three different nurses told me three different ways to take a medication, until I demanded to talk to my travel nurse that I prefer, Kristine K, and she told me that something was wrong and that she needed to call Dr. Kiltz himself to figure out what to do next. And unfortunately because of all of that miscommunication. I had to cancel my cycle before I could even really start because I wasn’t taking the correct medication.
Syracuse

I do not care for Dr Kiltz’s manner. I had several concerns about my cycle, including meds and protocol. He completely dismissed my concerns and pushed keto heavily, explaining any negative outcome away with my diet. He is not very active in care, it is managed almost entirely by nurses. I didnt get to speak to a doctor until ER. I saw him at transfer, and made an appointment for follow up.... My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated.
The cost of this clinic [CNY] is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.... Care is completely coordinated by travel nurses. I given conflicting information by different nurses on several occasions. They can be difficult to communicate with. The nurses in the facility were caring and efficient.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be sure to know exactly what you are doing. You need to know your meds, and what is best for you. You need to know your labs, when they should be done, what the expected values are, and what to request if they are not within limits. No one is going to help you through this process.
This is a very busy clinic. Genetic protocols are given. My requests for specific medications were denied without explanation. You almost never get to speak to a doctor. I didn’t get to talk to one until I was being prepped for ER.
I stimmed with 300 gonal f and 10 hCG/lh. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned about egg quality and was denied. I ended up with fair/poor 3 day embryos. I was encouraged to do a fresh transfer. My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated. By the time I knew, the embryos were already in me. Elevated tsh can cause chemicals and miscarriages. My cycle ended in a chemical.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very cost effective. I would only recommend them if it is all you can afford and your last choice. Care is coordinated almost entirely by nursing and they make frequent mistakes. It’s not cheaper if you have to repeat cycles due to their errors. You will see people say “you have to advocate for yourself.” That means know the meds, which are right for you, labs, values, treatments etc. Dr Kiltz believes that keto is the answer to everything and if anything goes wrong in the cycle, diet is blamed. Use caution.
The cost of this clinic is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.
CNY does not usually allow multiple embryos transferred. Because mine were fair to poor and 3 day, I was allowed to transfer two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was not happy with the protocol I was given. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned with egg quality, which was denied. I do not have pcos and was not in danger of going into ohss, yet was triggered with lupron, which should only be considered for when ohss is imminent because it can be so bad for egg quality. I ended up with fair to poor 3 day embryos and a fresh transfer was recommended. My tsh was not tested until transfer day, and had been elevated by stims. My transfer resulted in a chemical.
Syracuse

CNY is very popular for their low prices, but be advised that you do not have a specific nurse or even Dr that you work with every time. Each time you visit, call, message the portal it is a different nurse/person. This made me feel at times like a number as I had to repeat myself multiple times and often my protocol was lost in communication.... The nursing staff was extremely nice and compassionate. The nurses run the show. All your monitoring appointments for retrieval and transfer will be with the nurses. They determine when you will trigger and when your retrieval will be.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
With CNY whoever you consult with does not mean they will be the Dr performing the retrieval, transfer or IUI. Ihad my initial consult with Dr.Corley and also my follow up with him but another Doctor performed my egg retrieval. I did not have the outcome I had hoped for with my egg retrieval and when I consulted with Dr.Corley he was great with creating a new plan. One thing that does bother me is I felt my file and medical history was never reviewed before I was given a prescription/protocol. If it would have been reviewed I wonder if my protocol would have been different resulting in more eggs/embryos. We are now gearing up for our second egg retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate. Always double check your protocol and ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
CNY is very popular for their low prices, but be advised that you do not have a specific nurse or even Dr that you work with every time. Each time you visit, call, message the portal it is a different nurse/person. This made me feel at times like a number as I had to repeat myself multiple times and often my protocol was lost in communication. Customer service was always wonderful and they were always nice, but I think they are just overwhelmed with patients.
Describe the protocols David Corley used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
First ER cycle he recommended LDN, 225 Gonal F and 75 Menopur. No birth control before cycles as CNY does not usually prescribe that. My next cycle I am priming with HGH, Menopur and a 7 day estrace post ovulation. Once I have day 1 I will start 300 Gonal F and 150 Menopur.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was extremely nice and compassionate. The nurses run the show. All your monitoring appointments for retrieval and transfer will be with the nurses. They determine when you will trigger and when your retrieval will be. Make sure you are your own advocate for your protocol and triple check the instructions. I was given incorrect med doses 3 times and received different answers each time I asked about it. I think they are overwhelmed with patients and it's hard for them to keep up with everyone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths are costs! This is the number 1 reason we are going to CNY. We are from TX but traveled to NY because our insurance does not cover IVF and CNY is affordable. Weaknesses are communication. Many times I received an incorrect protocol or was misinformed about certain medications. You speak to a different person every time so it is difficult to feel like you have a relationship with the clinic. If you have a complex case I would not recommend going here.
Each monitoring appointment you will be seen by the nurse. You have a different nurse every time. Most of my appointments were on time and the most I waited was 1 hour.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Corley at CNY Fertility Center.
$3900 for retrieval and fresh transfer plus monitoring appointments/labs. This does not include medications. The cost for a frozen embryo transfer is $250 plus monitoring appointments/labs.
David Corley
Hamburg (closed)

[Dr. Robert Kiltz's] feedback felt very canned and repetitive... found him to not be very personable. He wasn't warm...When we did a transfer with him, he was in and out, whereas the other doctor was very warm, informative and personable... I only talked to Kiltz during my initial consult although he was the doctor overseeing my plan until I started scheduling follow ups with a different doctor.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have heard of many people who like him but I found him to not be very personable. He wasn't warm. He did offer his cell phone number, like he does to others, but I never used it. When we did a transfer with him, he was in and out, whereas the other doctor was very warm, informative and personable.
Do your own research. Make sure you have a team of supports. Know you can change doctors at CNY. Know that you won't necessarily get him each time, whether you want to or not. Know that the doctor the day of transfer can vary even from who you are scheduled with. Do your own research on Keto to find a way that works for you if you choose to pursue it.
His feedback felt very canned and repetitive.
This is hard to describe because I had different doctors throughout my time at CNY for phone calls, retrieval, transfers, and prescribing. I only talked to Kiltz during my initial consult although he was the doctor overseeing my plan until I started scheduling follow ups with a different doctor. In the beginning, he accidently prescribed all the retrieval and transfer medications to my wife who was only doing the retrieval and the transfer medications to me (I was doing the transfers). Because they want you to fill it all ahead of time, we spent a lot of money on medication that was never used for her (because she wasn't doing a retrieval). My first transfer, I was prescribed birth control for syncing cycles, estrace, PIO, endometrin, prednisone 5 mg twice a day (upped to 10 mg twice a day for further transfers after a chemical), low dose naltrexone, prograf, and plaquenil. Later, I added on lovenox (6 week miscarriage, failed, and 7.5 week miscarriage), intralipids (6 week miscarriage, failed, and 7.5 week miscarriage), hcg wash (chemical and 7.5 week miscarriage), hcg booster thru 10 weeks (7.5 week miscarriage), neupogen thru 10 weeks (7.5 miscarriage).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at Syracuse was warm, friendly and organized. My experience with the nurses on the portal has been frustrating. About 90% of my messages are not answered in full or answered incorrectly. On the phone, I have had some amazing nurses and two that seem quite rude and I don't trust what they tell me, which is problematic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love that this clinic offers massage and acupuncture. The acupuncture before and after transfer is very helpful. The setting is comfortable and clean. I like that the recommendations are more holistic. I wish that the messages I get from nurses were more organized and predictable. You have to do your own research. You have to make sure that you look at your numbers because I've had nurses tell me my numbers from labs were good and then later admit that I needed meds adjusted when I double checked. Their fax machine has issues and I have to have my monitoring clinic resend my labs often, which is frustrating.
It's outlined on their website. The monitoring fee changed while I was there.
He recommended single, and after a chemical, the team started recommending 2, and I chose to do 2 after 2 chemicals and a miscarriage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Once I had a nurse tell me that my estrace was good, I called to double check and they told me to was good, and when I saw it in the portal it was below 50 and had dropped 200, and it was supposed to be above 100. It took 3 days to connect with a nurse to get this confirmed and have my medication increased. I subsequently miscarried but I don't think it was related to that. Still incredibly stressful. I had the same thing happen one other time and had to call and talk to someone.

2020, Unknown Success
Although I believe that he is a bright doctor and knows what he is doing, he overlooks some things such as I was taking a supplement for months that was actually worsening my PCOS. ... Dr. Mag[arelli] is very set in his ways and isn't open to suggestions. He is not always the best listener, or maybe just wants to push his agenda. As others have mentioned, he likes to push IVF and procedures (of course, this is how he is paid.)
I chose this clinic [Repro Med and Fert Ctr] because my health insurance was accepted here. However, after already establishing care and getting expensive diagnostic procedures done, it has been alluded to me that the IUI/IVF side of their clinic does not run insurance and you must self pay. I've spent many hours being the middle man between my insurance company and the clinic. Prior auths have not been completed properly, and would not be attempted at all without my push.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Mag is very set in his ways and isn't open to suggestions. He is not always the best listener, or maybe just wants to push his agenda. As others have mentioned, he likes to push IVF and procedures (of course, this is how he is paid.) Although I believe that he is a bright doctor and knows what he is doing, he overlooks some things such as I was taking a supplement for months that was actually worsening my PCOS.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
Make sure to be your own patient advocate. I know medical things and do lots of research and still felt uncomfortable pushing back or asking for some things. And if you have health insurance that covers infertility, yikes, good luck.. It's been a nightmare for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
After several appointments the office staff was pleasant towards and seemed to know me by name. However, don't expect to see Dr. Mag after initial consult or for a specific procedure, which he ran me through a bunch of expensive tests that I didn't need.
Describe the protocols Paul Magarelli used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI was suggested initially since I just had an ovulation problem. I told him I would like to just try ovulation meds to start with. Letrazole 2.5mg increasing by 1 tablet over 4 days was tried for two cycles. Unfortunately, my follicles did not grow with either cycle and we will be moving on to injectable medications once it has been approved by my insurance. This doctor will not prescribe Clomid or Metformin.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The head nurse is wonderful. I feel like she really knows her stuff and you can tell she has been doing this a while. The others are very kind and mean well but seem less knowledgeable. Normally, I wouldn't have an issue with this as we've all got to learn somewhere, but considering how autonomous the nurses must be in this clinic, I feel like they were calling the shots more than they should have.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I chose this clinic because my health insurance was accepted here. However, after already establishing care and getting expensive diagnostic procedures done, it has been alluded to me that the IUI/IVF side of their clinic does not run insurance and you must self pay. I've spent many hours being the middle man between my insurance company and the clinic. Prior auths have not been completed properly, and would not be attempted at all without my push.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center.
I am still in the middle of treatment, and honestly I have no idea where the money part lies. Sometimes they collect a co-pay, other times they don't. They definitely need their money up front. I've paid two separate $200 bills for services that have not yet been rendered. I feel like I had unnecessary diagnostic procedures done that others in my situation have not had to do.
2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
My first retrieval [at CNY Fertility Center] was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure...You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.kiltz as a person is an amazing soul. However I do believe the client has to many patients and can not give certain attention each patients need with their fertility issue. You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great. Dr.corley is my favorite. All of them pray after transfer which I absolutely love. I just feel as a number thou and always rushed along at appointments and transfer and I believe this is due to overbooking.
Slow down make your patient feel important not rushed. Everyone is different and everyone needs a personal protocol and to find the problem sometime less is more
When I started in 2018 I felt like they were awesome, now I feel like a number after failed transfer over and over you would think we would change something but no I had to throw something out there from speaking with other clients
Wonderful overwhelmed but wonderful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My first retrieval was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure. So I'm very proud of the up grade for retrieval surgical rooms.
Cost is great
2020, Unsuccessful
First cycle [with Dr. Kiltz] was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle...Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday...Do not expect personalized treatment.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient [at CNY]. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use...Low cost but treatment rendered reflects the price paid. Travel patients usually don’t get a call with results until the end of the day. You may have to call them & ask for your results. Responses to emails are sometimes unhelpful & the response provided demonstrates that the person responding never looked at your history.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz met with me & my husband for the initial consult & I haven’t spoken to him since. Physicians seem to perform the surgical procedures & every other aspect of treatment is handled by a nurse.
Do not expect personalized treatment.
Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday. I sent a massage through the portal. Results are uploaded to portal. It is late Friday evening & I have yet to receive a call.
First cycle was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle. First baseline showed 6 follicles. Baseline after birth control showed 1 follicle, cancelled cycle. Third cycle, doubled med dosage. Had a decent number of follicles develop, however, miscommunication around timing for retrieval resulted in a loss of 4 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Travel patient. Conducted monitoring offsite.
4K per cycle $1100 per PESA Lab & ultrasound extra Meds extra
It’s been 4 days & no one has called me to discuss my beta results
Syracuse

At the initial appointment, [Dr. Magarelli] seemed kind and knowledgeable. However, during this appointment he pushed pretty hard for IVF. At this point, we hadn't even been trying for a whole year. The next time I saw him was at my IUI insemination. After I had a negative HCG, the last time I saw him was when I had ovulated on my own before being able to have a trigger shot. The fact that he pushes IVF so hard and barely sees non IVF patients is a huge red flag. His condescending demeanor when I had concerns about a new diagnosis sent me running for good reason. From what I hear he is great at affordable IVF, but lackluster for any other patient.
During my time at this clinic [Magarelli Fertility], I had one prescription not called in and another not done correctly. The second time I had to call the clinic multiple times while at the pharmacy and wound up having to go back to the clinic ( 30 mins away) to pick up a script. They failed to call me with a negative HCG and I had to ask at my first ultrasound for my next cycle...The clinic is so disorganized that when I called saying I was skipping a cycle to go out of town, they told me to still come in. After that ultrasound, the tech was so confused as to why I was there and basically wasted both of our time and my money. They put in the authorization for a surgery wrong so I found out ten minutes before going into surgery that my insurance gave the ok for it. I could go on and on. Moral of the story only go here if you need IVF for a lower price than the other clinic in town.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
At the initial appointment, Dr. Mag seemed kind and knowledgeable. However, during this appointment he pushed pretty hard for IVF. At this point, we hadn't even been trying for a whole year. The next time I saw him was at my IUI insemination. After I had a negative HCG, the last time I saw him was when I had ovulated on my own before being able to have a trigger shot. The fact that he pushes IVF so hard and barely sees non IVF patients is a huge red flag. His condescending demeanor when I had concerns about a new diagnosis sent me running for good reason. From what I hear he is great at affordable IVF, but lackluster for any other patient.
The only way I would go here is if it is the only way you can afford IVF. You need to advocate for yourself hard. Don't be afraid to call the office or even show up to get the information you need. If you really want to talk to Dr. Mag, push for it and don't let him give a crap answer that lets him leave the room quicker.
Number is the only choice other than human on here. I did not feel like a human, but also didn't exactly feel like a number either. Because I was doing IUI, I often felt less than and an after thought. They got me in and out quickly.
For both cycles, I was on Letrozole for 5 days. The only IUI I had a trigger of novarel. The second I ovulated on my own. For both cycles, I had 3 follicle mature. Both resulted in a negative HCG.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I saw the actual nurse only a few times more than Dr. Mag. They came in to discuss protocol or any questions that required at least a nurse (basically things Dr. Mag should've been doing). The ultrasound tech and LPN? were both so kind and the people I saw the most. These two would be the only reason to stay at this clinic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: More affordable than most and conveniently located (for me personally) Weakness: poor communication, IVF, IVF, IVF mentality, lack of organization (i.e. no phone call about negative HCG, did get a phone call after I cancelled the next HCG test) , and at times it seems like they are hiding things from patients.
I was lucky and only had to pay for the IUI procedure, labs, and semen analysis. The prices were good and well below market, except for labs. The labs should have been covered by insurance, but I had to pay out of pocket for them instead.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
During my time at this clinic, I had one prescription not called in and another not done correctly. The second time I had to call the clinic multiple times while at the pharmacy and wound up having to go back to the clinic ( 30 mins away) to pick up a script. They failed to call me with a negative HCG and I had to ask at my first ultrasound for my next cycle. Dr. Mag failed to even acknowledge that a new diagnosis I received from another doctor at his office during a cycle could be causing some of my problems if not all. The clinic is so disorganized that when I called saying I was skipping a cycle to go out of town, they told me to still come in. After that ultrasound, the tech was so confused as to why I was there and basically wasted both of our time and my money. They put in the authorization for a surgery wrong so I found out ten minutes before going into surgery that my insurance gave the ok for it. I could go on and on. Moral of the story only go here if you need IVF for a lower price than the other clinic in town.
Colorado Springs

First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him... I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally...After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP.
[The nurses at CNY had] Long fake fingernails. Did not monitor me very closely after egg retrieval (was frequently out of the room and left me alone). Had zero compassion for the fact that I just wasted thousands of dollars to get no eggs. Still handed me card with my embryologist's name and instructions for transfer meds and betas after getting no eggs at retrieval...I have experienced just about every minor inconvenience a person could have experienced with this clinic, but chalked it up to it being a large clinic. It was really the last egg retrieval and the fact that the cycle was even allowed to start that made me extremely dissatisfied with this clinic.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I kind of explained it all when I talked about not feeling like a human. I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally.
Don't do it. Save your money and go to a real fertility clinic. The more I think about it, the more dangerous a place CNY seems to me. People come there desperate. People come there and spend every last dime they have. This place does not care at all about your safety or emotional wellbeing. It is almost like they take advantage of people in their desperation.
First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him. After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP. She set the appointment, but she didn't call at our appointed time. After sending several more calls and emails, I finally got a follow up with the NP. She suggested that I do a mini-IVF moving forward. I voiced concerns that I had not had success with those in the past. She said it would be better this time because I had been on Omnitrope and would take menopur during the cycle. I reluctantly agreed. She did say that she wanted to make sure I was "suppressed" when I started the cycle. I had my baseline. I had several follicles over 10 mm and an LH of over 11. I was prepared to have to wait until next cycle. A nurse called me and told me to start my meds. I expressed concern. She said she would contact the NP who made my protocol. She called back and said she couldn't get ahold of that NP but she talked to another "provider" and it was ok to start. I got to the "egg retrieval". I was left several times alone in the OR before and after the procedure (including post anesthesia). The OR was cluttered and dusty. The nurse taking care of me had long, fake fingernails. The anesthesiologist did not wear a cap over his hair piece. A speculum was inserted while I was still awake but without warning me that they were inserting a speculum. I remember being concerned that they were going to start before I was asleep so I told them I was still awake. I then went to sleep. When I woke up, I was told that they got no eggs. I only had cysts. I again said that this cycle should have never been started because I had 14mm follicles at base line. The Dr. (Dr. Corley) said it was fine for them to have started me with such big follicles. I was charged my new payment plan amount that included both cycles with CNY three days later, even though I had signed a contract stating that the new higher amount would begin in the following month.
First cycle: Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, max dose of gonal F/menopur, cetrotide, 5 mg Predisone, Tacrolimus, Cleocin, Z-pack, IM and vaginal progesterone, vaginal estrodial. Rationale: DOR, Results: 1 embryo, no pregnancy Second cycle: Letrozole, Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, 225 gonal F, menopur, ganirelix, 10 mg prednisone. Rationale: If a lot of meds only make 1 egg, why not sped less money to only make 1-2 eggs. Results: painful cysts, no eggs
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic's strengths are that they are really cheap. Plus they see so many patients that someone has to get pregnant at some point, so maybe a new patient might win that lottery. Weaknesses: Not compassionate, knowledgeable or safe
Cycles are $3900 plus monitoring plus meds.
Syracuse

strategy for my embryo transfer [with Dr. Kiltz] was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks...I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
Being a large practice [CNY Fertility Center], I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection...Sometimes it is difficult to trust that the staff will be on top of everything because of the high volume of patients, so I felt that I needed to stay on top of everything and double check and question every step of the process.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz did my embryo transfer. My appointment was a few hours late because some of his other appointments ran late. My transfer felt very rushed, but he was very pleasant during the procedure. I was hesitant that it would work because of how quick it was, but I did get a positive pregnancy test.
Make sure that you ask questions and double check everything because this practice sees a large volume of clients and sometimes things slip through the cracks.
This practice sees a large volume of clients, and they are very busy. I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
My strategy for my embryo transfer was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks. I also had a previous ERA done, so for this protocol, an extra day of progesterone before transfer was added (6 days).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Being a large practice, I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice. It feels more like a spa than a medical clinic. The only weakness I would say is that sometimes the appointments run late because they see such a high volume. The atmosphere is very peaceful and clean.
Embryo transfers scheduled within one year of an egg retrieval were $250, so that was very reasonable. The fee for outside monitoring was $150. The medications for this one embryo transfer were around $200, but insurance covered most of them.
Syracuse

The doctor [Dr. Michael Grossman] was kind and has a good bedside manner though he does tend to speak fast and mumble. Make sure if you are unclear on anything you ask him pointed questions. He seems like he genuinely wants to help but is overwhelmed by the volume of patients he sees every day...We are in the midst of our 4th donor egg cycle with no success. We have used immuno protocols due to a history of miscarriage. We have tried alternative therapies such as acupuncture to increase our odds of conception.
Research as much as possible because If you don’t come in armed with questions, they [CNY Fertility Center] will not volunteer information...The nurses are very difficult to communicate with. It is rare that you will hear from the same nurse twice and they don’t check your chart before responding so be very careful with watching your medication instructions. If you’re going the donor egg route, the entire department is overwhelmed and it can take days to get a response at times.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
The doctor was kind and has a good bedside manner though he does tend to speak fast and mumble. Make sure if you are unclear on anything you ask him pointed questions. He seems like he genuinely wants to help but is overwhelmed by the volume of patients he sees every day.
Research as much as possible because If you don’t come in armed with questions, they will not volunteer information.
Despite being told we would be contacted with dates of treatments, pregnancy test results, fertilization reports, we had to constantly chase the nurses down for this information. My medication lists were not updated, they left my personal health information on a stranger’s voice mail. They don’t treat my partner like he is part of the process, will not communicate with him. It has been a very disappointing experience and I wish we had read more reviews before choosing this clinic.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses are very difficult to communicate with. It is rare that you will hear from the same nurse twice and they don’t check your chart before responding so be very careful with watching your medication instructions. If you’re going the donor egg route, the entire department is overwhelmed and it can take days to get a response at times. The nurses called a random wrong number and provided them with my private medical information related to our embryos. I have to call several times to get pregnancy test results and they’re not very compassionate when delivering bad news. The nurses in the room are nice when you go in for your transfer but otherwise it’s been a bad experience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The communication is severely lacking. While the pricing looks attractive, I would never recommend this clinic to someone pursuing pregnancy through donor eggs. Their SART scores are really low for a reason and if you ask them for any explanation they chalk it up to bad luck or say they don’t know why things aren’t working. This is technology backed by science-there should be answers other than cross your fingers and hope for the best.
The doctor was hesitant but did transfer more than one frozen three day embryo at our request.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
They did not call with fertilization reports or pregnancy test results.
Latham

He [Dr. Paul Magarelli] was short and our consult felt rushed. When questions were asked he talked so fast he was barely understood...was friendly at first and his office was comfortable. He also had beneficial handouts and props that he would use as examples but would talk too fast and when he would write down info for you to take, it was rushed and nearly impossible to read. I went back after testing for results and he was short and just said "these are the results, this is basically your only option, when do you want to start? Oh and did they talk to you about financing yet? " I felt like a number instead of a client.
The nurses [at Magarelli Fertility] were friendly, welcoming, and willing to describe what and how they were going to do things. They respected privacy and made sure I was comfortable...After them telling me they would call from the lab to tell me the cost and if insurance covered anything before running tests, they sent off my blood. After a couple of weeks, I received a bill from the lab for several hundred dollars and a number to call for results. I was misinformed about the test and never got a call and was therefore stuck paying for the lab tests...The clinic is comfortable and clean and the desks appeared organized. There is plenty of space for privacy and each office had a closable door for privacy. The walls were not very thick as we could here a couple speaking next door. We were talked to about costs and financing before we even met with the doctor as if to make sure we were committed before eating the doctors time.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
The doctor was friendly at first and his office was comfortable. He also had beneficial handouts and props that he would use as examples but would talk too fast and when he would write down info for you to take, it was rushed and nearly impossible to read. I went back after testing for results and he was short and just said "these are the results, this is basically your only option, when do you want to start? Oh and did they talk to you about financing yet? " I felt like a number instead of a client.
If you don't expect compassion and details about your treatment until you say let's go for it, then this is probably a great clinic.
He was short and our consult felt rushed. When questions were asked he talked so fast he was barely understood.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses were friendly, welcoming, and willing to describe what and how they were going to do things. They respected privacy and made sure I was comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Through my insurance I was to pay co-pays for visits and testing. My cost in co-pays was approximately $250 and my husband's costs for testing and visits was approximately $200.
Describe Paul Magarelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Did not discuss this with us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
We were treated as a number and never went over results in detail to tell us what to fix it what our options were. We just got told IVF is the best option and when do you want to start. Also I had expressed interest once asked, in having genetic blood testing done. After them telling me they would call from the lab to tell me the cost and if insurance covered anything before running tests, they sent off my blood. After a couple of weeks, I received a bill from the lab for several hundred dollars and a number to call for results. I was misinformed about the test and never got a call and was therefore stuck paying for the lab tests.
Colorado Springs

He [Dr. Magarelli] came across arrogant in tone. He made it seem like nothing I did in the past was correct/good enough. For example, when I told him I had taken Clomid for 6 months, his response was, “Well that’s alarming! No one prescribes that drug anymore. I haven’t used it in 10 years. And no one should EVER take it for 6 months, consecutively!” We hung up the phone and I cried in my husband’s arms with regret for taking Clomid.
Either voice record or write down in detail each and every conversation you have with anyone and everyone at that office [Magarelli Fertility]. No one gives the same information - from the doctor himself to the secretary to the financial consultant to their website. Document, document, document...miscommunication and disorganization is beyond frustrating!...The receptionist, Cecelia, is extremely disorganized. Every time (not exaggerating) I called, she did not have correct answers to my questions. Here are a couple examples: 1. She told me that Dr. Magarelli had to be in the office in order for me to get bloodwork done, which I later found out (from the financial coordinator) was not true. 2. For my Day 3 FSH bloodwork, she told me that the clinic was closed on Saturday and Sunday so if Day 3 of my cycle was on a weekend, I’d have to wait until next cycle.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
My husband and I only had a phone call consultation with Dr. Magarelli. He came across arrogant in tone. He made it seem like nothing I did in the past was correct/good enough. For example, when I told him I had taken Clomid for 6 months, his response was, “Well that’s alarming! No one prescribes that drug anymore. I haven’t used it in 10 years. And no one should EVER take it for 6 months, consecutively!” We hung up the phone and I cried in my husband’s arms with regret for taking Clomid.
Either voice record or write down in detail each and every conversation you have with anyone and everyone at that office. No one gives the same information - from the doctor himself to the secretary to the financial consultant to their website. Document, document, document.
When I went in to get my husband’s semen analysis kit, I told the secretary my name. She said, “we go by chart numbers here, do you know your chart number?” In addition, every woman is made to be on the same cycle because it’s easier for the clinic to manage. I am not sure if this is true in most clinics but it made me feel like just a number, not a unique individual.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
A new patient should know that the receptionist, Cecelia, is extremely disorganized. Every time (not exaggerating) I called, she did not have correct answers to my questions. Here are a few examples: 1. She told me that Dr. Magarelli had to be in the office in order for me to get bloodwork done, which I later found out (from the financial coordinator) was not true. 2. For my Day 3 FSH bloodwork, she told me that the clinic was closed on Saturday and Sunday so if Day 3 of my cycle was on a weekend, I’d have to wait until next cycle. This was also false information. 3. She failed to communicate that my husband needed an appointment to drop off his semen analysis kit. He was abstinent for five days and then was told his semen would not be tested because he didn’t have an appointment. It would have been nice for her to tell me this information when I picked up the kit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The receptionist, Cecelia, is extremely disorganized. Every time (not exaggerating) I called, she did not have correct answers to my questions. Here are a couple examples: 1. She told me that Dr. Magarelli had to be in the office in order for me to get bloodwork done, which I later found out (from the financial coordinator) was not true. 2. For my Day 3 FSH bloodwork, she told me that the clinic was closed on Saturday and Sunday so if Day 3 of my cycle was on a weekend, I’d have to wait until next cycle. This was also false information. In addition, during our phone call consultation with Dr. Magarelli, he told us that my husband needed to come in and get a semen analysis kit. He explained that my husband needed to be abstinent for 2-5 days and then bring in the kit for testing. Nothing was ever mentioned about needing an appointment to drop off the kit. My husband was abstinent for five days and then was told by Cecelia (the receptionist) that his semen would not be tested because he didn’t have an appointment. We then made an appointment with Cecelia (the receptionist) for the following week to drop off the kit. Four hours later, Christina (the financial coordinator) called and said that my husband needed cancel his kit drop off appointment because he needed to make an appointment to be seen by Dr. Magarelli BEFORE he dropped of the kit. This miscommunication and disorganization is beyond frustrating!

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He is great at what he does, but he doesn’t take the time to thoroughly discuss options. He speaks over you and not to you....Dr. Kiltz knows what he’s doing when it comes to retrieval’s and transfers. His bedside manner during a transfer is the best. He’s extremely compassionate. It’s difficult to ask him questions because he is always in a hurry. He’s lucky he has an amazing staff because they are the ones that run the clinic....My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy.
Strengths are they are affordable and staff is very caring and compassionate. Weaknesses are over population of the clinic. There aren’t enough providers for the amount of patients seen at the clinic.... I don’t remember exact costs. There are so many “extras” and your never told the price of the “extras”. Over the past two years I would guesstimate I have given CNY over $50,000... The nursing staff is excellent. The nurses are the ones that run the clinic. I do wish I had been assigned to only single nurse whom I could communicate with throughout treatment, but every nurse is nice.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Know your health history and know everything fertility related. You have to advocate for yourself.
My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy. We miscarried at 14 weeks. My second transfer was a single day 5 embryo that came from my first retrieval. It which resulted in a negative. We recently transferred a single day 3 that came from our second retrieval and were waiting on the results.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Every time I have gone in for beta testing to get my results I have always had to call. No one has ever called with my results. There have been times nursing staff is extremely difficult to contact. When calling you never know which clinic your going to get. I go to the Syracuse clinic and even though I call their phone number I might speak to someone in the Albany office.
Syracuse

I only saw Dr. Magarelli for the consultation and during egg retrieval. My first embryo transfer was done by a totally different doctor...he was very straightforward and blunt, which I actually liked about him. He just seem to be extremely busy all the time...The price is what made me choose Dr. Magarelli. His prices are very affordable, which is why we moved forward with tge IVF process
[CNY Fertility Center- Colorado Springs] Strength- the price of ivf Weakness- they mostly communicate through the portal, so dont expect any phone call unless it an urgent matter. you will be rushed in and out as quickly as possible. After my negative pregnancy test, i never heard from them again not even for a follow up. They seemed very unorganized at times.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at CNY Fertility Center?
During my 1st and ivf cycles. I only saw Dr. Magarelli for the consultation and during egg retrieval. My first embryo transfer was done by a totally different doctor. My 2nd ivf cycle i saw Dr. Magarelli for eye retrieval and he actually did my embryo transfer. Honestly he was very straightforward and blunt, which I actually liked about him. He just seem to be extremely busy all the time. I saw and talked to the nurses majority of the visits. The communication could have been better as well. They communicated through the portal mostly and never really returned phone calls. The price is what made me choose Dr. Magarelli. His prices are very affordable, which is why we moved forward with tge IVF process.
Make sure you ask a lot of questions about the medications, costs and embryo storage. If you feel like you are being rushed ask if you can schedule another appointment or phone consult additional questions and concern.
It was so many couples doing IVF at the same time. It seemed like they never really recognized you. The clinic felt like a revolving door and the appointments felt rushed.
In my 1st ivf cycle 2 of my follicles grew to big after about 5 days of stimulation. Instead of canceling the cycle, he went ahead with the egg retrieval and i only got one embryo. My 2nd ivf cycle was the exact same protocol, which resulted in 1 embryo as well. My medications were omnitrope .4ml nightly gonal f iu in stomach each morning menopur 225 iu intramuscular injection at night cetrotide
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They were nice, but seem to be rushing to get you in and out of the clinic quickly. This may have been due to the amount of patients that were being seen. The waiting room was always full.
I paid between18,000 -22,000 including medication per cycle. I did 2 IVF cycles
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
They were very unorganized at times. They would tell me one thing and when i got to the clinic nobody seemed to know what i was talking about or what was going on. I was supposed to get instructions on when to start a medication and i had to call several times to get the information needed, which was frustrating because i had to start the medication that day.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Doctor Magarelli is very scientific and to the point. He is caring. Blunt and honest. He has done his research and has number to prove it. Just wish he took a step back and made sure we were ready to implant after miscarriage at 28weeks. We thought we were, he said after we failed pregnancy test that we weren't. ... I did hcg 2x daily, gonal-f and menipur at night daily throughout the retrieval process. Lab work and ultrasounds every other day. Large hcg 10,000mcg injection IM 36hrs prior to retrieval. Another labdraw 12 hours after hcg injection to verify you did it. After retrieval they send you a message notifying how many eggs were retrieved. If they progress they notify you by portal if the embryos stop developing they call you and schedule an appt to "discuss why". If the do progress they have you wait at least 3 months. Then estradiol and progesterone injections prior to implant along with baby aspirin.
Communication is not their [Repro Med and Fert Ctr - CO Sp] strong suit. Sometimes feels like cattle moving through the clinic. You may be first appointment of the day but they will still take you back 20 minutes late. The lab techs are phenomenal ... A LOT of turnover. There was a new medical assistant at every visit. A lot of drama overheard in the waiting room. ... Communication is not the best. Too much turnover with the medical staff. Was hard getting fully comfortable when there is a different face you see.
Go at your own pace.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Communication is not their strong suit. Sometimes feels like cattle moving through the clinic. You may be first appointment of the day but they will still take you back 20 minutes late. The lab techs are phenomenal
$9300 for retrieval implant and embryo testing the first time, 3 months later when we tried retrieval again price was $10300. Medications were extra. I paid close to $6000 on medications each retrieval. This was through the "discount" pharmacy. For each implant, paid $3000 for medications
Colorado Springs

[Dr. Kiltz] didn’t exactly listen to me and what i was concerned about...I absolute despise that he take a 4 mins of a 5 min phone call talking about keto. But that’s ever, he will go live on ig and do the same. He is repetitive, isn’t concerned about long term effects of harsh drugs and will push it anyways and doesn’t respond when I needed him....
[CNY Fertility Center] are to busy and disorganized! They need to stop seeing new patients and really zone in on helping the ones in treatment now...several nurses called me ALL had different updates as if none were looking at the same chart they were contradicting each other every time...They slipped taking my levels after retrieval to make sure transfer would be a good idea. They made my beta no STAT so i had to get it redone and get results the next day. Nurses all had wrong info....
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
His strength is only somewhat of his knowledge. I absolute despise that he take a 4 mins of a 5 min phone call talking about keto. But that’s ever, he will go live on ig and do the same. He is repetitive, isn’t concerned about long term effects of harsh drugs and will push it anyways and doesn’t respond when I needed him.
See dr. Corley instead. Unless you are a keto maniac, Kiltz can’t exactly offer you any more help than anyone else. Also join the CNY support groups it will help tremendously!
He didn’t exactly listen to me and what i was concerned about. Why entire cycle failed and he recommended things that every woman is recommended even though my eggs being “soft like butter” was apparently something he’s never heard before.
I can’t even remember the protocol I was suggested I do remember it was the basic one. And when the cycle failed and he called to adjust, he recommended “priming” with other drugs which I will do!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
When it came to the wait after retrieval, several nurses called me ALL had different updates as if none were looking at the same chart they were contradicting each other every time. When my beta results came in I was supposed to be with my husband in case bad news came in and the nurse didn’t give me an option if I was even ready she just blurt the awful news out so I was bawling my eyes out looking for my husband outside. No one could help with simple vitamin questions either.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself seemed prepared and clean. The waiting areas were warm for the couples to feel calm. Weaknesses are they are to busy and disorganized! They need to stop seeing new patients and really zone in on helping the ones in treatment now.
Well I didn’t have any embryos make it to freeze so it cut down cost quit a bit. I would say for my whole ivf cycle (under any doc, Kiltz being the over phone doc) would be around $4,000 including travel and stay and food and transport.
No comments on the two. But I suggest taking in less new patients so he has better organized time for the ones already in treatment.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is great. He goes out of his way to be extremely accessable to his patients. He is very compassionate and welcoming. He is constantly thinking outside the box to find new innovative treatment plans and protocols...The care I received was inconsistent. Rather than having a consistent treatment plan, I routinely received inconsistent treatment protocols based on whomever handled my care at the moment.
[CNY Fertility Center's] treatment prices are unbeatable, hands down. However, they have so many patients that the care can be inconsistent and disorganized. Schedule follow-up consults with a Doctor if your treatment plan is not working. The nurses are great but when things aren't working, ask to have a consult with a Doctor so you can get primary care that the nursing team doesn't provide.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask questions, he is there to help.
Intalipids, HCG washes, and accupuncture were recommended and available. Since I was having such a hard time with having any of the Embryos implant they threw at it all they could think of. Plaquenel and Lovenox (for blood flow) were added to my protocol after my first 3 Embryo transfers failed. I also had an Endometrial Receptivity Analysis to test the most receptive timing for transfer which was recommended by a nurse after my fifth faith embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Many were very warm and friendly. However, the management of my care was inconsistent and it all depended on what nurse I happened to talk to at any given time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Their treatment prices are unbeatable, hands down. However, they have so many patients that the care can be inconsistent and disorganized. Schedule follow-up consults with a Doctor if your treatment plan is not working. The nurses are great but when things aren't working, ask to have a consult with a Doctor so you can get primary care that the nursing team doesn't provide.
Out of pocket IVF was $3900. $200 out of pocket for each frozen embryo transfer within a year from retrieval date. HCG wash out of pocket was $50. Intralipid infusion out of pocket was $50. Out of state monitoring fee was $150.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Primarily, there was a test that should have been suggested much sooner than it was. Typically ERA tests are suggested after 3 failed embryo transfers but only after five did a nurse suggest it. I had even had a follow up consult with Dr. Kiltz and he never recommended it. If it weren't for one of his stronger nurses on his team, it would have gone overlooked. It was very disappointing since I was down to only 1 embryo left when it was finally suggested and I can't help but wonder if things would have turned out differently had they suggested it after 3 failed transfers as is standard timing to consider performing an ERA biopsy.
Syracuse
CNY has a vast amount of patients due to their attractive prices. I understand that mistakes happen but I have encountered too many with CNY to look over. The mounting mistakes make me have doubts about the clinic... The nurses that answer calls can be nasty and rude depending on who you speak with but some of them are very kind and helpful. All of the nurses I encountered in person at the Albany clinic were wonderful.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I never saw Dr. Kiltz directly because I went to the Albany clinic. Labs and prescriptions, however, were ordered under his name. I have reached out to Dr. Kiltz numerous times and he did call me back but his call was missed because I was at work and never spoke with him directly over the phone. I have emailed him after I was given inaccurate instruction by one of the CNY's CRNP's. My plan was adjusted in my favor after I reached out to him and that mistake was compensated. I believe Dr. Kiltz is a good person and I believe he would help everyone if he could. But there are too many patients for him to manage himself (of course) so he has recruited help and opened clinics in different locations to manage the amount of patients attracted to CNY's prices. Although I have never met Dr. Kiltz in person, the positive and negative occurrences at all of these other clinics reflect back on him.
If you work and are a travel patient undergoing IVF, you will not know when you will need to be in CNY until that week or the week before you need to be there. Make sure your employer is flexible and can work with you.
CNY has a vast amount of patients due to their attractive prices. I understand that mistakes happen but I have encountered too many with CNY to look over. The mounting mistakes make me have doubts about the clinic and thoughts that my hard earned money may have been better placed elsewhere. The diagnosis of infertility is heartbreaking in itself but to feel like your not a priority after investing so much effort, time, and money is even worse.
I have undergone 1 IVF cycle so far. I used Gonal-f and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. I triggered with Pregnyl prior to retrieval. 9 oocytes were retrieved, 5 of which resulted in 5 day blastocyst using ICSI. I did 1 fresh medicated embryo transfer that was unsuccessful and a medicated FET that was also unsuccessful. I am young, I ovulate on my own, and have no lining or hormonal issues. I have bilateral tubal factor infertility and for the next FET, plan to do an unmedicated FET.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: affordability, flexibility Weaknesses: You are your own advocate, continuity of care is compromised because multiple healthcare professionals handle your case, many mistakes are made, the stress of traveling out of town, finding your own monitoring facility, patients rarely speak directly with physician's, nurses coordinate patient care, long wait for initial consultation
My meds costed around $5,000 and IVF was $3,900. FET's are $250 for a year after retrieval but increases significantly after year is up
I was strongly suggested single embryo transfers and I think that is reasonable considering I am young with only tubal factor infertility
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I've had meds called to my pharmacy with wrong name, I have been given inaccurate instruction regarding ERA cycle, nurses have been unfamiliar with the natural cycle protocol

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
I was not told [by Dr. Robert Kiltz] about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in... I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!"... the doctor is almost never involved
Ordering the drugs [at CYN Fertility Center] is CRAZY! They come from all different places (because they are trying to save you money) but you don't get a checklist of drugs to expect and where to call to get them. The first cycle I was scrambling as I was missing things...Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
This person is completely a monomaniac about diet. He neglected to send me for some very important tests which could have given insight into why I have recurrent pregnancy loss. I was not told about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in. He throws a lot of off-label use drugs at harder to treat patients and I am not sure to what extent these help. I am a professor. I find him extremely condescending and talks as if I am a complete idiot being fooled by "the food industry". I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!" - I don't let students make arguments based on "I once knew somebody who...." A doctor should know better!
Go somewhere else. Or know a lot about your situation and have a plan. Ask to see Dr Corley.
This is a very busy clinic. I am not among the chosen ones who had the doctor's home number. Nobody is "in charge" of your file. You see a rotating cast of nurses and the doctor is almost never involved. Over time, I felt my situation had changed. I started as a single person and then moved to having trouble conceiving with a partner. After multiple losses, nobody contacted me, or decided to change the plan. I always had to advocate and enquire. I didn't know much when I started as I was single and did not yet know I had fertility issues. This was a real set back. The doctor is also on a ridiculous Keto diet kick. It does not matter why you are there, he will tell you about it. This is EXTREMELY hurtful after a low egg retrieval or a miscarriage to be grilled on your diet. Also, I mentioned that I had been severely anorexic and a restrictive diet was not an option for me. He ignored this and continued to praise high-fat foods.
IUI #1 - BFN Some drugs leading up to IUI, can't recall Egg Collection #1: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 13 eggs- 2 made it to 5 day freeze iui#2: Chemical Egg collection #2: Menopur, Follistim (after when it went badly, he was like, oh you really should not have skipped the hcg!) 4 eggs, 2 day 3s transferred, none frozen. Transfer 1: 2 day 3 fresh= MC at 6 weeks (lovenox, LDN, PIO, endometrin) Egg Collection #3: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 7 eggs, 4 embryos Transfer 2: two day 5s with full "immune protocol (IVIG, intralipids, hcg wash, plaquanil, neupogen) ... results TBD
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle G)
So the main issue here is nobody is a "care coordinator". I learned from friends who went here to find a nurse I like and ask for them. Also, after two years, you know everyone! My unofficial main nurse was amazing. Always knew my file, compassionate and willing to press the doctor when I needed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The strengths are the nursing and front desk staff. The free yoga is a nice touch, but the instructors are not consistent and really vary in skill. The weakness is no real coordination of care. I should say I have EXCELLENT insurance so money was not a factor. I know many people choose this clinic for its pricing.
Go on Tuesday or Thursday whenever you can! You get given a time, but it is actually just a line by arrival. Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
I had excellent insurance but spent about 5000$ on co-pay and prescriptions. A few of the off-label use drugs were very expensive. This is for three egg retrievals, two transfers and two IUIs.
We did two as I am close to 40 and ok with multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Ordering the drugs is CRAZY! They come from all different places (because they are trying to save you money) but you don't get a checklist of drugs to expect and where to call to get them. The first cycle I was scrambling as I was missing things.
Syracuse

My husband left a semen sample that was meant to be frozen for future embryos [at CNY Fertility Center]. The clinic mistook it as a semen analysis and discarded the sample after the analysis. We were not charged for the test...It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz wants his patients and clinic to succeed. He makes himself accessible to his patients at all times. When our first donor egg round didn’t yield results we were hoping for, he gave us another round for free. I’ve never heard of another clinic doing that. He does have controversial opinions on diet and immunities- which makes him try things more “out of the box” than other doctors. He will talk to you about diet and environment on a soap box- whether or not you believe in his opinion.
Remember this is a high volume clinic and procedures won’t necessarily be catered to you individually. You’ll start with a standard protocol and work mainly with nurses. Still, Dr. Kiltz is reputable, aggressive, and will try anything to help you get pregnant. He wants his patients to succeed
Dr. Kiltz makes himself accessible to his patients by giving his cell phone number and personal email. Because it’s a high volume clinic, he won’t know you or your details without looking at a chart, but he is willing to listen and refresh his memory about your situation with each encounter.
Dr. Kiltz believes that inflammation and diet cause transfers to fail - so he adds antibiotics, presidone, and prograf to the standard estogen and progesterone. On our second transfer he was more aggressive with the immunity protocol- adding nuepogen, lovenox, and intralipids all to reduce inflammation for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The only negative thing about our nurse coordinator was that she was hard to get in touch with. She communicates primarily through the online portal and is difficult to reach by phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, staff are friendly, and has a built in “spa” for accupuncture and massage - easily accessible for transfer day. Really a beautiful facility. It was easy to travel to, nearby hotels offer discounts for patients using the clinic, and overall has an impressive, calming atmosphere that doesn’t feel like an IVF clinic
CNY is specifically known for low cost care. The prices are less than half of what local clinics charge. It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
Our first round we transferred 2 three-day embryos on account that they weren’t graded very highly. Our second transfer we were recommended to transfer one 3-day because it looked great. Neither worked so I’m glad we didn’t “waste” embryos by transferring 2 at a time. Dr. Kiltz was open to transferring 2 if I would have pushed but I went with his suggestion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My husband left a semen sample that was meant to be frozen for future embryos. The clinic mistook it as a semen analysis and discarded the sample after the analysis. We were not charged for the test.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I wish I had more to offer in reference to experience with Dr. Kiltz .However, in the years that I have been seen at the clinic I have interacted with Dr.Kilts a total of two times and each time was no more than 5 mins total. That is within the 3 years that I have received care at the CNY Facility...Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols...Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
Do your research and ask plenty of questions [at CNY Fertility Center]. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle...The nursing staff at CNY was very knowledgable and helpful. I was always able to call the after hours line with ANY questions pertaining to my treatment.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Do your research and ask plenty of questions. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle.
Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols. When being seen at CNY Syracuse it is rare to see the same nurse. And even more rare to see Dr.Kiltz. You are passed from one nurse to the next and given a standard protocol that is basically a "one size fits all protocol". Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
Started the below meds on cycle day 4- Prednisone 5mg 3x daily for inflammation Estrace 2mg 2x daily to build uterine lining Started the below meds in Cycle day 9 PIO 1mg by intramuscular injection 1x daily for uterine recieptivity Endometrin Vaginal suppository 2 x daily Uterine receptivity Baby asprin 81 mg 1 x inflammation Remained on all meds until negative beta test
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Friday is the busiest day at which time the clinic is always over booked. To make up for the over booked schedule patients are rushed. Prepare to be there for over an hour even if you are just there for blood draw. The clinic is very clean and organized.
1 Cycle IVF 4,900 IVF monitoring $825 Fet $231.46 Fet monitoring $725
Syracuse

[Dr. Kiltz] never cared to look at my history or find out WHY we weren't getting pregnant. He only cared about the appearance to grow on social media. His treatment was wayyyy more focused on KETO than anything else.... Each time I had a call with him - he never answered my questions or gave me a clear direction on our plan or our results. I I lost all trust in him when my husband and I went to his office to find out if we had any embryos after our ER.
The clinic [CNY] is wayyyyyyy too busy to provide quality care. It's super easy to fall through the cracks. Your care will be overlooked and a specific protocol tailored to you is non-existent. They only provide cookie cutter plans. And if it doesn't work - they suggest sperm donor or egg donation without knowing the reason WHY your cycle didn't work. The only good parts: the spa... The nursing staff was not bad. BUT you didn't meet with the same nurse EVER.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz acts like he cares in person - but in reality to him - your failed cycle doesn't really matter because you could just do another one in his eyes. AND he doesn't care about finding out WHY your IVF cycle fails and will only suggest using donor sperm with a second egg retrieval 'just in case'. From my own experience - he never cared to look at my history or find out WHY we weren't getting pregnant. He only cared about the appearance to grow on social media. His treatment was wayyyy more focused on KETO than anything else. Our consultation was not about our history, his plan for us, but all about KETO and how we are lions. I never had an experience like that until I met him and I am alllll about a holistic approach as well. Each time I had a call with him - he never answered my questions or gave me a clear direction on our plan or our results. I I lost all trust in him when my husband and I went to his office to find out if we had any embryos after our ER. I told him that I hadn't heard from the embryologist and I was wondering if we had any embryos to transfer. He went to check. When he came back - without looking at me - he said "it didn't make it" three times. As I cried I asked him why I didn't get a call. Dr. Kiltz got super close to me, put his hands on my knees, and said that the lab called him the day before and told him but he was in surgery and busy, and his wife was mad at him. HIS WIFE WAS MAD AT HIM?!!?!?! So that gives him a reason not to communicate with his patients?! He knew we lost our embryo but acted like he had no idea. When one of my meds was forgotten - he said it was because they didn't have it!!! Ummm...hello! I had it! I traveled with it on a plane. It made zero sense. His entire treatment plan for us made zero sense but I had no idea because I had never been through IVF and I trusted him! :(
RUN! Do not waste your money or your time. You a number. If you do not fit the cookie cutter mold then you will not get the care that you deserve. Look up lawsuits against him. Look up reviews on him. Do not trust FB groups that rave about him! When I found out my cycle failed he was going to immediately give me a second cycle on them (since they messed up). But I refused to accept it because I don't trust them. They have wayyyy more patients than they can manage. If you want to go to the McDonald's of fertility treatment - go to CNY. You get what you pay for. He will not look at your history. Do not be afraid to follow your gut if it tells you he is not right. Be your own advocate. Stay on top of your protocol! Hold them accountable if you do decide to go with them.
I totally felt like a number when being treated by Dr. Kiltz. He never remembered my history, what meds I was taking, or if we were even going to do Fresh or FET with our IVF cycle. I had to constantly remind him of all of these things - even during our cycle AND on the day of our egg retrieval!!!
Gonal F (300 IU) for 9 days Menopur was forgotten then added on day 4 (75 IU) for 6 days Cetrotide added on day 4 for 6 days Last shots on day 9 AM Trigger shot on day 9 PM
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace was great and totally cared. The nursing staff was not bad. BUT you didn't meet with the same nurse EVER. No one was ever on the same page. I met with Grace twice and after that I met with a diff nurse each time. I was seen almost every other day during my IVF cycle and I saw a lot of nurses. When I would ask questions as to why a med was forgotten or if something about my cycle was normal - they never gave me an answer.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is wayyyyyyy too busy to provide quality care. It's super easy to fall through the cracks. Your care will be overlooked and a specific protocol tailored to you is non-existent. They only provide cookie cutter plans. And if it doesn't work - they suggest sperm donor or egg donation without knowing the reason WHY your cycle didn't work. The only good parts: the spa
Anesthesia, blood work, monitoring, ER, diagnostic blood work
He said he would only transfer one because of the law and he could get in trouble to transferring too many multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
He (Dr. K) will never personalize your protocol, he won't even take 5 minutes with you to explain a single thing, and if he does take a moment it will be to tell you to pray or meditate about it - no research, no statistics, no scientific explanations. I waited for the embryologist to call me and it took 11 days before I finally emailed Dr. Kiltz my frustrations. He finally called me and had a 40 minute call that went nowhere. He brought up one of his lawsuits but never answered any of my questions. Still, no call or info from the embryologist then or now. After doing a lot of homework, talking with other patients, my OBGYN, and looking up CNY's embryologist job reqs - it seems like their lab is not up to par. My OBGYN just kept saying "it's the lab" when I told her our situation. Having a top lab and embryologist is CRUCIAL for success! A bad lab works on luck not skill. When voicing my frustration with his embryologist not getting in touch with me - he told me that it's because they are soooo busy they are drowning in their work. (maybe this is a result of their poor success rates?) From my experience - CNY is very unorganized, too busy, you get lost in the shuffle. They can get cookie cutter protocol people pregnant but have a 30-40% success rate (heard from Dr. K himself). They are tooooooo busy to focus on individualized patient care. If you don't work with their cookie cutter plan (like most people) - then they go straight to embryo adoption/sperm donation/egg donation. (No, just no.) Every person is diff and needs individualized care - this will not happen at CNY. Communication is AWFUL like I said. Sadly, you will not get answers. *I have heard that people that went to CNY one year ago LOVED it - now they are having experiences similar to mine (no success, poor care, falling through the cracks, no communication, etc).

2018, Consult
I definitely felt like a human because my feelings were greatly crushed. [Dr. Grossman] was a very nice man, but insensitive towards my fragile emotional state when it comes to trying to have a baby. He truly needs to work on improving his bedside manor.... The Dr. basically told me that I was too heavy to have a child at this time. I understand his concern, but there is a better delivery that he could’ve with the whole situation. He seemed uncaring towards my breakdown when he told me his thoughts.
There is a lot of information the patient needs to collect for the office. The clinic [CNY] should have the ability to request all records, on the client’s behalf, from their drs. I was told this could not be done. I did all this work to get my records sent over, and nothing ever became of anything. I don’t even know if the dr looked at them. He seemed to know nothing about me.... I didn’t have much interaction with the nurses
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
The Dr. basically told me that I was too heavy to have a child at this time. I understand his concern, but there is a better delivery that he could’ve with the whole situation. He seemed uncaring towards my breakdown when he told me his thoughts. I went there so excited to try to have a child and left there crushed and in tears with nowhere else to turn. Exactly a year later, I’m in a worse boat than when I saw him. I have gotten nowhere closer to having a child and my clock is almost done ticking on my ability to have a child. I’m very disappointed, to say the least, with my treatment and heartbreak from this office.
I have no doubts that he is a wonderful and successful Dr. My sister has 3 beautiful children because of him. I just wish he wasn’t so awkward when it comes to dealing with sensitive women and their dire situations. Compassion and understanding go a long way in my book.
I definitely felt like a human because my feelings were greatly crushed. He was a very nice man, but insensitive towards my fragile emotional state when it comes to trying to have a baby. He truly needs to work on improving his bedside manor.
I didn’t even make it to having a second appointment from the initial consultation. I was too discouraged and confused.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I didn’t have much interaction with the nurses, other that being placed in a room without much conversation.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There is a lot of information the patient needs to collect for the office. The clinic should have the ability to request all records, on the client’s behalf, from their drs. I was told this could not be done. I did all this work to get my records sent over, and nothing ever became of anything. I don’t even know if the dr looked at them. He seemed to know nothing about me.
I paid a $25 co-pay for my consultation visit.