Buffalo
Rochester, NY 14610‎
195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz.. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
The staff [at CNY] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened) and nurses gave conflicting information on what was happening and what it meant for my next cycle....The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz and his main feedback was that maybe we could've done the egg retrieval a day earlier. (At the time of trigger, I had actually asked the nurse if we were waiting too long because it was across a weekend and an extra day longer than my previous cycle but she said they had to make it Monday b/c they were not open for retrievals on Sundays.) Overall, I just felt like Dr. Kiltz and his staff had no plan that was actually based on me - everything seemed generic or “let’s try it and see”.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be very proactive - do your own research ahead of time and ask a lot of questions. Get second opinions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse and they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
General protocol for my 2 cycles: Gonal-F (300), Menopur (150), Prednisone (5), Cetrotide (.25), Lupron trigger. Before starting my second cycle, Dr. Kiltz prescribed 3 things: keto diet, laparoscopy/hysterscopy and a 1 month priming period. When I asked if the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy were necessary or if I showed any signs for concern, he said no but it was just to rule out any risks. There were no significant issues found and in the end, I'm not sure it was necessary but I guess it ruled out other complications. The priming month included a growth hormone (Omnitrope, 6 units/day) which he said had shown great results and estrogen (2 mg/day). I ended up taking it for 6 weeks because it caused me to miss my period and when I called to ask about it, the nurses said to keep taking it and waiting... Finally, they decided to start the cycle but my results were much worse than the first - only 3 eggs retrieved even though the nurses had predicted ~10 during stimulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very rushed and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz. In retrospect, maybe we need to be driving the coordination and insisting on who we saw but we didn't know what we were missing until we started to call around and get second opinions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles. I've heard that they offer low cost options but maybe that's only when you pay out of pocket. My problem is that I asked the billing dept if I was getting close to the limit and they said "No, not even close!" I only found out through my insurance that they had reached the limit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The staff often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened) and nurses gave conflicting information on what was happening and what it meant for my next cycle.

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
During one particularly stressful time, when it was thought I might have an ectopic pregnancy and another doctor in the practice had been handling my treatment, he [Dr Kiltz] pulled rank, calling me at work and telling me I had to come to the clinic immediately for emergency surgery. Once I was there, he reviewed my chart and decided that it wasn't necessary. Obviously, a chart review before such an alarming phone call would have been appreciated.
I had multiple things go wrong at the clinic[CNY Fertility Center]. More often than not, I received conflicting instructions. When I would then question the instructions, I was treated as if I was personally attacking the person giving them to me. Many times, I had to check on test results several days after results were promised to me. Several times prescriptions were not called into my pharmacy or were called in incorrectly. I had appointments "lost" multiple times after being scheduled. I was often incorrectly billed for treatment (and several times, I was both personally charged for procedures and then the office submitted those same procedures for payment by my insurance company). All in all, my experience with the clinic was very frustrating. Unfortunately, it is the only clinic in my area, so I continued treatment longer than I should have.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I had terrible experiences with Dr. Kiltz, while those were rare. He was nearly impossible to contact, even during the middle of treatment cycles when there were issues. When I did see him, while he was never outwardly unfeeling, he was rarely helpful. In several instances, he would change plans midstream without ever explaining fully the treatment plan. Afterwards, I would find out that I wasn't even able to follow his suggested treatment plan because the time for his suggested treatment had passed. During one particularly stressful time, when it was thought I might have an ectopic pregnancy and another doctor in the practice had been handling my treatment, he pulled rank, calling me at work and telling me I had to come to the clinic immediately for emergency surgery. Once I was there, he reviewed my chart and decided that it wasn't necessary. Obviously, a chart review before such an alarming phone call would have been appreciated.
I would honestly say to find another provider. If you do decide to go to Dr. Kiltz, I would make sure that you know exactly what treatment plan you are going to follow and diligently check to make sure that happens.
Other than at the initial consultation, at retrieval and at transfer, you can expect to never see a doctor (and even then you can expect to get very little time with a doctor). You rarely even see the same nurse. While that isn't necessarily an issue, a provider rarely has reviewed your chart before seeing you and there is no consistency in treatment. I often had to correct nurses and doctors about changes to my treatment plan that had been discussed with other providers, and my chart rarely had the correct medications.
I went through several different protocols while under treatment. I will say that Dr. Kiltz often recommended more experimental treatments (including off-label drug use).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was mostly well meaning but did a terrible job coordinating.
As IVF was not something my insurance covered, Dr. Kiltz offered IVF packages. While these were reasonably priced (I believe we paid $8,000 for three IVF cycles), make sure that you read the fine print. Monitoring charges were in addition to the IVF package, and those monitoring charges did not include any monitoring after a retrieval (so all blood tests, ultrasounds and appointments after that time were charged individually).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had multiple things go wrong at the clinic. More often than not, I received conflicting instructions. When I would then question the instructions, I was treated as if I was personally attacking the person giving them to me. Many times, I had to check on test results several days after results were promised to me. Several times prescriptions were not called into my pharmacy or were called in incorrectly. I had appointments "lost" multiple times after being scheduled. I was often incorrectly billed for treatment (and several times, I was both personally charged for procedures and then the office submitted those same procedures for payment by my insurance company). All in all, my experience with the clinic was very frustrating. Unfortunately, it is the only clinic in my area, so I continued treatment longer than I should have.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
From the first visit I didn’t care for him [Dr. Ditkoff]. He has no “bedside” manner or compassion. He only wanted to do the most expensive treatment from the very beginning and when my husband and i asked about other options he said “well we can try but it won’t work”. ... There was no strategy. He didn’t pay attention to the results of my monitoring, therefore my meds were never titrated up, and because of this we did not even get to an embryo transfer.
They [CNY Fertility Center] are all about high quantity and low quality care. The wait times were ridiculous, the waiting room was always full, and then you got rushed through the appointment. The only decent thing is the front desk staff was polite and friendly, and phone calls did get returned in a timely fashion. ... Even though I saw a different nurse every time and talked to a different nurse anytime I called they all were at least more compassionate than the doctor. ...
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
From the first visit I didn’t care for him. He has no “bedside” manner or compassion. He only wanted to do the most expensive treatment from the very beginning and when my husband and i asked about other options he said “well we can try but it won’t work”. This was just the first visit. If I could’ve seen another doctor in this clinic it may have been different but this is who was accepting new patients, and where my insurance was in-network with so we didn’t have any other option.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Beware, he doesn’t listen and he doesn’t pay attention to medication regimens. You will end up paying a lot more in the long run.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
It was all about the co-pays, felt like it was get as many patients in as possible, so as many procedures as possible. I never saw the same nurse, even though I was in the clinic every other day or two days during a cycle. He didn’t pay close enough attention to my response to injectable meds for our IVF cycle, and therefore they weren’t appropriately adjusted to give the greatest chance at having a fertility outcome, which subsequently we did not get.
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
There was no strategy. He didn’t pay attention to the results of my monitoring, therefore my meds were never titrated up, and because of this we did not even get to an embryo transfer. Once we transferred clinics that dr even said “are you sure this wasn’t an IUI cycle? These med regimen is not for IVF!”
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I have nothing good to say. They are all about high quantity and low quality care. The wait times were ridiculous, the waiting room was always full, and then you got rushed through the appointment. The only decent thing is the front desk staff was polite and friendly, and phone calls did get returned in a timely fashion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
Fortunately we had insurance that covered most of it, however we later found we were informed incorrectly. Fortunately for us the clinic had to eat the mistake.
Describe Edward Ditkoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
They don’t pay attention to detail. Especially when it comes to the medications.
Latham

He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] did my hsg and told me I was fine, then called me in as I was getting ready to leave to tell me my tube was blocked and I needed surgery in order to move forward. I later found out that he wasn’t going to tell me at all and the nurse made him...he had no bedside manner and wasn’t going to tell me something that was extremely important. He also told me I need surgery when every other dr said that would be the most extreme corse of action.
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] itself is good, and price is way cheaper then around. Communication could be better but the nurses do their best to help and make people feel comfortable. They all acknowledged me by name and would answer all my questions...I had to have my hsg done two times because of his [Dr. Armando Arroyo's] mistake. I refused to pay the second one...He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] did my hsg and told me I was fine, then called me in as I was getting ready to
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He did my hsg and told me I was fine, then called me in as I was getting ready to leave to tell me my tube was blocked and I needed surgery in order to move forward. I later found out that he wasn’t going to tell me at all and the nurse made him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Use someone else, he had no bedside manner and wasn’t going to tell me something that was extremely important. He also told me I need surgery when every other dr said that would be the most extreme corse of action.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Hsg. Told me all was clear and it wasn’t.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is good, and price is way cheaper then around. Communication could be better but the nurses do their best to help and make people feel comfortable. They all acknowledged me by name and would answer all my questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center.
I had to have my hsg done two times because of his mistake. I refused to pay the second one.
Armando Arroyo
Hamburg (closed)
I am...a travel patient...[re: Dr. Kiltz] Day of retrieval very upbeat and positive. Didn't seem to dig into past too much or rely on data for my plan. He always returned calls and kept promises...We did one of cycle with a freeze all plan. We used follistim and menapur along with zpack and Lupron as the trigger. I did not start with many eggs but was able to retrieve 11...on the phone were great and took time to talk.
They [CNY - SYRACUSE] accept all patients and do not turn anyone away. They have reasonable rates so that makes them very busy...[Nurses] Always called back or responded to emails. Helped with finding cheaper meds or adjusting to a different med to make more affordable...$3900 package for one retrieval and transfers for one year if paid up front. They do have payment plans...All my monitoring was done locally at a different clinic
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I had dr Cooley as my physical doc. Both on the phone were great and took time to talk. Day of retrieval very upbeat and positive. Didn't seem to dig into past too much or rely on data for my plan. He always returned calls and kept promises
Be your own advocate and learn everything you can
Nurses and staff always called back.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Becky)
Always called back or responded to emails. Helped with finding cheaper meds or adjusting to a different med to make more affordable. Did not get to meet flyer in trip there
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They accept all patients and do not turn anyone away. They have reasonable rates so that makes them very busy. Know your history, info and advocate for yourself
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
All my monitoring was done locally at a different clinic
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Depending on age and circumstances, it is a team approach
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Due to past experiences with you, I responded well. We assumed I would respond well to this treatment also, but didn't. I am also a travel patient so keep g up with paperwork etc was a little more challenging

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I don’t feel that Dr Kiltz was especially candid about the chances with the clinic’s frozen donor eggs. I had very little contact with him - this is a very busy clinic. I feel their approach is fairly cookie-cutter without much taking individual needs into account.... Frozen donor egg -thawed- then fresh embryo transfer used a lupron & estrogen pill protocol. Worked fine to build lining. Embryos transferred on day 3 as they said this worked better for frozen donor eggs
Nursing staff [at CNY] is huge and hard to pin down who you are talking to. Communication can be hit or miss based on who is responding that day. The staff is mostly very nice in person but can be short on the phone.... There is very little follow up with a negative beta. It’s really up to the patient to educate themselves about treatments that are offered. They seem to throw meds at everyone without considering whether they are truly necessary.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Get your primary nurse’s direct email and phone #
I saw Dr Kiltz exactly once at my transfer. He was very nice but not especially personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
Nursing staff is huge and hard to pin down who you are talking to. Communication can be hit or miss based on who is responding that day. The staff is mostly very nice in person but can be short on the phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The major pros of this clinic : low cost and willingness to try immune protocols. The cons are big though - very impersonal service, stats reflect that you’ll need a lot of attempts to have success here.
Frozen donor egg cycle was $6500 for 7 eggs including 1 transfer, not including monitoring. Costs have gone up since I was a patient there
Up to 3 embryos transferred would have been fine.
2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Robert Kiltz] Very compassionate and caring, but ultimately just a number in huge pool of other women s seeking the same goal. The price you pay is great, but the lack of communication is cringe worthy. I’m still not complete with the process and dread what’s to come on future communication...Based on your labs you are given a standard protocol that may not be the best one for you.
Very clean facility [CNY Fertility Center] and up to date with modern technology. Safety was never a concern and it has a spa like feel. It really made you feel at peace when attending. Also, accommodations are very convenient...The clinic was horrible at returning calls and messages. Had to be a huge advocate to get things done...[nursing staff] Horrible! Very rude and often misinformed
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate! If something doesn’t seem right, speak up!
It’s very generic. Based on your labs you are given a standard protocol that may not be the best one for you.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Horrible! Very rude and often misinformed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very clean facility and up to date with modern technology. Safety was never a concern and it has a spa like feel. It really made you feel at peace when attending. Also, accommodations are very convenient.
They limit multiple embryo transfers unless you have a history of failed attempts.

2015, Unsuccessful
Find some where else unless you want to be treated less than human...His [Dr. Klitz] nurses were very rude, he never returned phone calls...They [CNY Fertility staff] didn't call with blood work results and how they didn't respond to emails for days.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
my husband had low sperm before our last iui due to heart medicine he was put on before it and we were never told we could cancel the iui. i didn't like the way i felt after talking to the nurses. i was never told to see him as an urgent request in office i would have to pay money. he's not what everyone makes him out to be
find some where else unless you want to be treated less than human
his nurses were very rude, he never returned phone calls and it seemed like all he was worried about is getting the money and not how bad you truely want a baby.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
the rudeness, how they didn't call with blood work results and how they didn't respond to emails for days
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
when you are on progesterone you want your blood results right away not when they feel like giving them to you. a little consideration goes a long way

2015, Unsuccessful
We feel that he [Dr. Kiltz] follows [the] same protocol for every patient. He was not able to answer regarding my chemical pregnancy. And told about change in diet and meditation. Spend more time with doctor discussing your diet and weight loss/blood work to check any deficiencies you have to fully prepare yourself before cycle starts.
They [the staff at CNY] were quite good with all the questions me and my husband had. But we were not happy with less eggs retrieval.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We feel that he follows same protocol for every patient. He was not able to answer regarding my chemical pregnancy. And told about change in diet and meditation.
Ask for more egg retrievals, if possible. Get the pre-authorization of your insurance well in advance as it takes 2-3 weeks. Spend more time with doctor discussing your diet and weight loss/blood work to check any deficiencies you have to fully prepare yourself before cycle starts.
They were quite good with all the questions me and my husband had. But we were not happy with less eggs retrieval. We were expecting more then 4-5. If he had retrieved more than 2, we would have been able to freeze those and use for 2nd cycle which is of less cost. But in this case we have to trust them with what they say Its all business, we think.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They were polite and curious to answer any questions i had.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate when it’s fails. He tends to try or be supportive . Otherall he isn’t a bad doctor.... He would rant about diets and refuse to allow you to speak your mind... Cost [of CNY] is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful.
Cost [of CNY] is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful. Over all the clinic is worth all the pro and cons....They [Nursing Staff] are ok but could be far more compassionate....He [Dr. Kiltz] cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate when it’s fails. He tends to try or be supportive . Otherall he isn’t a bad doctor.
Advocate for yourself. No one else will
He would rant about diets and refuse to allow you to speak your mind
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are ok but could be far more compassionate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cost is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful. Over all the clinic is worth all the pro and cons.
In progress
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
It all has to do with their lack of communication.

Embryo Freezing
Be your own advocate and do your research [with Dr. David Corely]...He was kind at the transfer but at retrieval he was a bit cold and not reassuring...when I had an egg retrieval that’s went poorly .... seemed too busy for my needs .... when we did the phone consult he didn’t give all the info to the nurses or Dr. Kiltz so I had to keep reminding each person I spoke with what the plan was
[CNY Fertility Center was] Unorganized and seem like they have too many clients to keep track of ... I don’t feel like they take my case seriously or look at my information individually.... 5 failed tries and just now I am going to have a closer look to see what’s wrong...Be your own advocate and do your research [with Dr. David Corely]...He was kind at the transfer but at retrieval he was a bit cold and not reassuring.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Corley was kind at transfer nmbut cold when I had an egg retrieval that’s went poorly .... seemed too busy for my needs .... when we did the phone consult he didn’t give all the info to the nurses or Dr. Kiltz so I had to keep reminding each person I spoke with what the plan was
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate and do your research
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
David Corley
Syracuse

His [Dr. Robert Klitz] prices are very low, but you end up trying more often...When I went in for transfer, the Dr was shocked I had ohss due to my age. I don't think they.read your chart. I was prescribed a medication...t is deadly for a few people with sickle cell trait. What if I didn't research it?...Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby
I'm not totally happy with CNY anymore. I ended up with ohss...The staff are nice...Do research..know everything about infertility before you proceed...Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby...Now they put me in CNY jail. No transfers till I give more money. I bought donor sperm. I asked them to scrape the vial. I had called to ask if I had sperm left 2 times and we told no. Well 6 months later I get a storage bill for half vial.of sperm!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
His prices are very low, but you end up trying more often. I think only growing frozen donor eggs to cleavage stage makes for a lot of failures, hence me buying 28 eggs. Other clinics give you a guarntee if 1 blast with frozen egg purchase. If your donor eggs cleavage stage don't work, they have you buy more eggs. Also twice mistakes were made. I'm not totally happy with CNY anymore. I ended up with ohss. My AMH is almost 4 despite being 41 years old. I was given 300 gonal f and ended up with ohss. I called the clinic a few times complaining about how I felt. I was told it was normal. When I went in for transfer, the Dr was shocked I had ohss due to my age. I don't think they.read your chart. I was prescribed a medication, I forgot the name. But it is deadly for a few people with sickle cell trait. What if I didn't research it? Furthermore many times I was told my symptoms were because of that drug.... BUT I DIDNT TAKE IT! One day I called Dr Kiltz and told him I was disappointed in how they work. How frozen eggs are only grown to cleavage. How despite my monitoring lab sent report about possibly being overstimulated, my regime wasn't adjusted. I was in pain for days, my belly felt like I had 2 grapefruits dangling in my abdomen. Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby. And that people die from cancer and that life was just fucked up. I also think CNY, allowing you to forgo basic testing messes up treatment. I was never tested for routine blood work. Turned out my iron , vit d was low and needed meds. I found out my tubes were open. I thought they were closed. Also if you have a few failures, he prescribes meds without checking you. I was prescribed lovenox without seeing if I had a clotting problem. Like I said people are eager for a baby, if you give them the choice to not test, like I chose. I would have saved 30k. In the end my tubes are open and y husband's sperm is actually bad. No one ever told me his sperm was low.
Do research..know everything about infertility before you proceed
The staff are nice
300 gonal at 41 with any of 3.9 15 eggs and ohss. They all stopped growing 350 gonal 21 eggs 19 embryos frozen day 3
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes in the beginning but then a bunch of people. I preferred the one nurse)
It used to be one nurse. Now it's nursing team..whoever gets your call or has time to look at lab report
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Low price, bad donor eggs, lab quality questionable. Out for money. They sell cbd, vape, vitamins, massages, fake acupuncture; 5 needles of acupuncture is not for fertility, 1 on forehead, 1 or 2 on each leg and 1 or 2 on belly it's a sham.
Cheap in the beginning but adds up do to many failures
None, I know my age they can put more embryos
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Not enough time to write it all. Now they put me in CNY jail. No transfers till I give more money. I bought donor sperm. I asked them to scrape the vial. I had called to ask if I had sperm left 2 times and we told no. Well 6 months later I get a storage bill for half vial.of sperm!

2021, Unsuccessful
I feel prioritizing patients [by Dr. Michael Grossman] should be recognized. It’s hard not getting answers especially in times when you feel most vulnerable. I didn’t feel valued. This made my experience feel horrible. I was told after my last failed transfer I had to wait 3 months for a follow up call in order...I was rushed during my last transfer. A lot of questions were not answered. I paid out of pocket like most do.
There is potential, but they [CNY Fertility Center] lack patient satisfaction experience. Not everyone is going to be successful using fertility treatment, so talking to patients can go a long way. I was never a nagging or needy patient but I still feel like the care I deserved was far from obtained...They [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] seemed overworked. There was very little compassion an empathy shown.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
I feel prioritizing patients should be recognized. It’s hard not getting answers especially in times when you feel most vulnerable. I didn’t feel valued. This made my experience feel horrible. I was told after my last failed transfer I had to wait 3 months for a follow up call in order
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Demand answers if you have questions. You are entitled to it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
I was rushed during my last transfer. A lot of questions were not answered. I paid out of pocket like most do. I wasn’t even offered a follow up call until 3 months after my failed transfer. I felt crushed. How can you wait 3 months to confirm talk to a patient. It’s disheartening. I felt like I didn’t matter.
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Not sure
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They seemed overworked. There was very little compassion an empathy shown.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There is potential, but they lack patient satisfaction experience. Not everyone is going to be successful using fertility treatment, so talking to patients can go a long way. I was never a nagging or needy patient but I still feel like the care I deserved was far from obtained.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
Don’t remember. Paid everything out of pocket.
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
It was very frustrating. I just felt like another number.
Michael Grossman
Latham

I was prescribed the normal fertility drugs, but it was brought to my attention that one of the triggers that I use caused cysts, which I am prone to. I was surprised because the clinic [CNY Fertility Center] knows I have PCOS and a history of ovarian cysts and have even had a laparoscopy. ... I’ve only met Dr. Kiltz once, when he did my egg retrieval. I have talked to him via text message when he gave me some suggestions for my unexplained infertility. He was quick to respond and gave me great information.
In the Rochester office [CNY Fertility Center] they make me feel like they care about me and my specific situation, but one thing that’s frustrating is the fact that I can get three to four different opinions on care because there is no doctor onsite. ... I have also had to call and message multiple times about prescriptions being refilled to my pharmacy. ... I have had at least three different opinions or methods of treatment given to me. It makes me nervous knowing they [nurses] aren’t all on the same page. ...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Make sure to be specific when asking questions and choose the location of your care very carefully. If I could choose I would go to a different location.
In the Rochester office they make me feel like they care about me and my specific situation, but one thing that’s frustrating is the fact that I can get three to four different opinions on care because there is no doctor onsite.
I was prescribed the normal fertility drugs, but it was brought to my attention that one of the triggers that I use caused cysts, which I am prone to. I was surprised because the clinic knows I have PCOS and a history of ovarian cysts and have even had a laparoscopy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at Rochester is very compassionate and professional, but they all have different opinions about medications and care. I have had at least three different opinions or methods of treatment given to me. It makes me nervous knowing they aren’t all on the same page.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is wonderful but they all have different things to say about my fertility care. I’m also upset with the fact there isn’t a doctor onsite full-time. I understand this is a smaller office but the patients are just as important as the other offices, so we deserve a doctor as well.
Copays and whatever my insurance didn’t cover.
We transferred one, and this was after talking to Dr. Arroyo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had surgery last March and had adhesions in my abdomen and I wasn’t told until October. I have also had to call and message multiple times about prescriptions being refilled to my pharmacy.
Rochester

Dr Grossman has generally been very patient with me (I am a "difficult" patient who questions everything) and all of my questions throughout this ordeal. It is really important to let him know how you want him to work for you; we made it very clear that we are evidence-based people with no room for questionable forms of treatment ... He'll take his time to speak with you and answer questions honestly and clearly. ...
I was told that one of my lab results were not good via patient portal and was recommend a relatively powerful medication. I called the clinic several minutes after receiving the message and the nurse was gone. ... I messaged my RE about my decision to seek further confirmatory testing and he was highly supportive of my decision and actually told me I did the right thing. This incident left me highly distrustful of the general nursing staff.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Grossman has generally been very patient with me (I am a "difficult" patient who questions everything) and all of my questions throughout this ordeal. It is really important to let him know how you want him to work for you; we made it very clear that we are evidence-based people with no room for questionable forms of treatment (like the use of Prednisone during stim cycles, which is their default, even if no immune issues are present). He is otherwise very pleasant, easy to speak to, and welcomes all questions.
Go in with all the questions you have already prepared. He'll take his time to speak with you and answer questions honestly and clearly.
Through all of my cycles at CNY I have contacted him via portal several times to check in, to get second opinions, and sometimes, to let him know I'm not comfortable with something. His responses were never cookie cutter, and there have been times that his recommendations have contradicted those of the nursing staff. He was respectful of my decision to dump all the "woo" that Dr Kiltz and his nursing staff were pushing.
#1 antagonist cycle; can't recall doses, 2 lead follicles after 3 days of stims (nurses started me too late in the cycle), converted to IUI, failed. Can't recall med doses. #2 estrogen prime, antagonist, started stims CD2 with 450 Follistim/150 menopur, Cetrotide with dual lupron/lower dose HCG trigger--&gt;12 eggs, 4 mature, none made it to day 3. ICSI used. #3 estrogen prime, antagonist, with 450 Follistim/150 menopur, Cetrotide, stimmed longer than last cycle, full HCG trigger--&gt;10 eggs, 4 mature, 4 others left to mature, one 3-day embryo cryopreserved. Used ICSI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurse I worked with (you can pick the nurse you want to do your monitoring with) was very pleasant and optimistic, seemed attuned to details, but the nurses do typically follow a set of guidelines that they apply to everyone, so you need to be careful. Don't be afraid to ask the doctor for a second opinion. The NP there is nice but seems overconfident and misinterpreted previous genetic workup and I left convinced that my infertility was due to a fragile x premutation (I spoke with a genetics counselor who explained I don't have a premutation, and my infertility is likely unrelated). Not all communication well. There is a lab tech/phlebotomist who has an edgy attitude.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very cookie cutter. There were times that I felt I was doing DIY IVF because I had to self advocate frequently. Communication is hit or miss. I recently had an experience when a nurse told me about a test result over portal and suggested a medication. The nurse didn't call me and when I called the office shortly after receiving the message, she had left for the day and I had to speak with some random nurse who never worked with me. The nurse manager tried to create excuses like nurses don't want to play phone tag or leave voice mails. I messaged my RE about my decision to seek further confirmatory testing and he was highly supportive of my decision and actually told me I did the right thing. This incident left me highly distrustful of the general nursing staff.
Each IVF is $3900, monitoring is around $850. IUI monitoring was around $750 or so, the IUI itself was approximately +/-$300. Follow up visits with the doctor were $75. Monitoring for an FET was between $750-850.
It was dependent on preference. Since I only have one embryo stored, I don't have the luxury of having such options.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was told that one of my lab results were not good via patient portal and was recommend a relatively powerful medication. I called the clinic several minutes after receiving the message and the nurse was gone. I chose not to follow their guidance without further workup that I have obtained from another specialist outside their facility. Dr Grossman was highly supportive of my decision to get more specific follow up which suggests the nurses do their own thing based off a one sized fits all protocol.
Michael Grossman
Latham
He’s eccentric and passionate. He loves what he does. ... He really pushes the immune protocol with diet and immunosuppressants. ... Dr Kiltz really didn’t want us to transfer 2 embryos because I’m young and he felt our chances of getting pregnant were good. However, he was willing to do what we wanted. ... Also, sometimes he’s a little Keto crazy. I would get a little frustrated when every conversation would lead back to Keto.
The Syracuse office and Dr Kiltz himself is wonderful. However their satellite office in rochester is poorly run. It’s the only office in the CNY chain without a resident doctor. The advice given is inconsistent and sometime harsh or abrasive. Mistakes have been made with my cycle. I missed an IUI due to a provider (NP) error. The only thing keeping me coming back to CNY and not transferring my embryos is Dr. Kiltz and my experiences in Syracuse. The Rochester office is definitely in need of some TLC.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He’s eccentric and passionate. He loves what he does. He will do everything he can to try to get you a baby. everything. He colors outside the lines. I loved that about him. But, also it does come with its setbacks. As a nurse, I sometimes felt like some treatments that were recommended were a little “experimental” and didn’t have good peer reviewed evidence of success. And I think in infertility women are in a very unique spot....they are desperate. Desperate to try anything. But some of the medications don’t have proven results or studies to show effects in say 10 years. Also, sometimes he’s a little Keto crazy. I would get a little frustrated when every conversation would lead back to Keto. All that being said, I would 100% recommend Dr Kiltz to a friend. He’s kind and genuine. And he really really does just want to get you pregnant. AND I never felt like he was just in it for the money. The clinic is one of the most inexpensive in the entire country! You wouldn’t know it though...they’re facilities are state of the art.
He’s eccentric and passionate but it’s because he loves his patients and what he does.
He gives out his personal email and cell phone number. I’ve called his cell crying and he talked to me for 49 minutes about how to get me pregnant without ever making it feel rushed.
He really pushes the immune protocol with diet and immunosuppressants.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Inconsistent. Sometimes they were helpful other times you got 5 different answers. Compassionate, sometimes. Hit or miss. Friendly, sometimes.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Price! Price! Price. Did I say price? Everything is reasonable priced and affordable. Right down to the massage they offer the day of FET (buy 1 get 1 free!) and the free yoga they provided. So many wonderful things about CNY.
IVF $3900 including everything but monitoring ($795) and meds.

2020, Consult
My consultation was a little unprofessional. It sounded like he [Dr. Eric Chang] was driving and at times I could hardly hear what he was saying. It felt a little rushed like he needed to hurry to call the next patient...very blunt in stating that he was confident that we needed IVF to become pregnant. He was the first doctor that didn't beat around the bush and I loved that...told us he was very hopeful for us and that our odds would be good.
Sometimes when you call [CNY Fertility Center] the nurses are very short and don't sound friendly. I only got to speak with my ambassador once. When I asked to speak to her, I got connected to another nursing staff member...they offer their services at such an affordable cost...have so much business that they can't really individualize the patient experience like other local fertility clinics.
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
I really can't speak to how great of a doctor he is because we only had a phone consultation. I'm sure he's a great doctor. I wouldn't mind going to see him in person for treatment. We were hoping to complete our IVF at CNY because of how affordable it is. Dr. Chang understood that I had already been on a difficult journey and he was very blunt in stating that he was confident that we needed IVF to become pregnant. He was the first doctor that didn't beat around the bush and I loved that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
I would say have your questions ready because the consultation will be brief. The nurse will likely call you with a follow up and answer all of the questions you forgot or didn't have a chance to discuss.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
My husband and I opted to have a phone consultation because CNY is located in NY and we live no where even close. My consultation was a little unprofessional. It sounded like he was driving and at times I could hardly hear what he was saying. It felt a little rushed like he needed to hurry to call the next patient.
Describe the protocols Eric Chang used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Chang approved us to start IVF. He wanted me to have an HSG and get the lab work up for IVF started so we could begin as soon as possible. He wanted to make sure we got the routine stuff done and out of the way as soon as possible. He told us he was very hopeful for us and that our odds would be good.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
I was assigned an travel ambassador nurse assigned to patients outside of New York state. She was very nice and knowledgeable. Sometimes when you call CNY the nurses are very short and don't sound friendly. I only got to speak with my ambassador once. When I asked to speak to her, I got connected to another nursing staff member.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think a major strength of CNY fertility clinic is that they offer their services at such an affordable cost. It is so amazing the work that they do. I am so grateful that they have helped so many women like me who have struggled with becoming pregnant. I think a weakness is that they probably have so much business that they can't really individualize the patient experience like other local fertility clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center.
So far I haven't had any costs to me. I wasn't directly charged for the consultation that I know of. I know that IVF costs about $3900, genetic testing is upwards of $5000. The quote for our IVF medications from their pharmacy was $4300...and that was with every discount they had.
Describe Eric Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Eric Chang
Rochester

You do not have one on one care from Dr. Kiltz as a travel patient. He is across the country and most of the time you have to explain your entire history in every single dealing with him.... Slightly obsessed with his Keto diet concept. I appreciated that he was willing to discuss new protocols for me based on my recommendations and research. I did feel though that he was not informed about my specific case and that I needed to keep reminding him of who I was
They [CNY] were very quick with their answers, short tempered and the majority showed poor communication skills. As a nurse, I was not at all happy with the nursing care/communication. I constantly had to advocate for myself in order to receive proper instructions and advice.... you have to basically coordinate your entire care otherwise you will slip through the cracks as just another “number”. The actual building at CNY Syracuse was nice itself and the staff was friendly enough in person...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a kind man, but he seems rushed almost all of the time. He hugged me and I appreciated his manner. Slightly obsessed with his Keto diet concept. I appreciated that he was willing to discuss new protocols for me based on my recommendations and research. I did feel though that he was not informed about my specific case and that I needed to keep reminding him of who I was (my history/situation).
Although very kind, he is an extremely busy man. Keep advocating for yourself no matter what. Keep a pen/paper handy when he calls you on the phone because he talks very fast. You can’t beat his prices, but you definitely have to put some work in to be correctly treated.
I did a retrieval with fresh transfer. Meds used were cetrotide, pregnyl trigger, low dose HCG, gonal F, prednisone, zpack, neupogen, intralipids, lovenox, baby aspirin, prenatal, LDN, Benadryl, PIO, estrodial, endometrin, cleocin, prograf, tacrolimus. Got pregnant with twins and miscarried them at 18w5d
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They were very quick with their answers, short tempered and the majority showed poor communication skills. As a nurse, I was not at all happy with the nursing care/communication. I constantly had to advocate for myself in order to receive proper instructions and advice.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They have the best pricing in the country, but there is a reason- you have to basically coordinate your entire care otherwise you will slip through the cracks as just another “number”. The actual building at CNY Syracuse was nice itself and the staff was friendly enough in person. My main conflicts was everything done long distance. It would likely be much better if you were a local patient.
As a travel patient, I paid $4050 for fresh cycle IVF.
He believed my two embryos were great quality and suggested that I transfer only one. I explained my reasons for two and he finally agreed to transfer two. I did get pregnant with twins
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was a long distance patient so I had to constantly call/email the travel team about missing information. I had to network with various people on the CNY Facebook page in order to find out what to do next because I was never given sufficient instructions. When I was in the actual clinic, they ran so far behind for transfer that I missed my massage appointment so I never even got one.
Syracuse

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
I had several follow up calls and email with Dr.Kiltz however I was offered a lot of maybes but never given clear direction on what was next. ... Dr.Kiltz is open to older patients or those with reoccurring loss to transfer more than one embryo, but is very careful with younger patients or those doing their first cycle to not risk transferring more than one embryo.
The protocol the doctor gave was not followed by the nurses. They skipped medications, often did not call with results or next day instructions and could not find paperwork I would fax over. ... It [CNY Fertility] combines Eastern and Western medicine including a spa and acupuncture/massage. It allows for privacy but can also feel like you are being hurdled around as it is very busy. The clinic itself was very comfortable especially with private waiting rooms for those awaiting a surgical procedure. ...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I actually saw Dr. Corley and he was quite rough around the edges but in a rushed way. It was as if my questions were not relevant or he didn’t have time to answer them. When I had a follow up call with him he did made several comments that did not fit my file. It was if he was speaking of someone else or the notes were too incomplete or incorrect to interpret. I had several follow up calls and email with Dr.Kiltz however I was offered a lot of maybes but never given clear direction on what was next.
You must be your own advocate at all times. You will he given 25% of the information needed to do IVF with CNY, you must be ready and willing to research and prepare for the other 75%.
Each time i spoke with a nurse or a doctor, they were not familiar with my file. Medications were missed. When during my retrieval pre cancerous cells were found, I was simply sent a letter in the mail and a doctor did not call me to discuss the results or what the next steps were. I’m not certain they would’ve ever called to see if I was coming back for a transfer.
Cycle 1: TI with letrozole 2.5mg (no pregnant, 3 follicles) Cycle 2: IUI letrozole 5mg and Ovidrel trigger (4 follicles no pregnant) Cycle 3: IVF omnitrope/low dose naltrexone/gonal 300/menopur 175/cetrotide (6 follicles, 5 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Almost every nurse I spoke with was VERY nice however they have so many patients they are just not sure what is going on with your case. I was given misinformation on several occasions and also missed medications that I believe influenced my retrieval negatively.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful and clean. It combines Eastern and Western medicine including a spa and acupuncture/massage. It allows for privacy but can also feel like you are being hurdled around as it is very busy. The clinic itself was very comfortable especially with private waiting rooms for those awaiting a surgical procedure.
I monitored out of state but they were very timely with providing my U/S order sheets.
$3900 per cycle including retrieval, fresh transfer and icsi. Frozen transfer is $250 per transfer thereafter.
Syracuse

I only met with Dr. Kiltz once very briefly. Again, while I was physically at the clinic I felt very good about the experience. ... We were going to do a drug heavy IUI but I haven’t gone through a single cycle with Dr. Kiltz because of a miscommunication on insurance and people within his company [CNY Fertility], as well as the pharmacy not returning my calls.
There was an issue with someone at his office [CNY Fertility] telling me something was covered under insurance when it wasn’t. I had gotten my hopes up to try something new and couldn’t do it. ... When attending appointments at first and anytime I was physically at the office I felt like a human. When I needed to call or when there was a HUGE miscommunication I felt like a number.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I only met with Dr. Kiltz once very briefly. Again, while I was physically at the clinic I felt very good about the experience. There was an issue with someone at his office telling me something was covered under insurance when it wasn’t. I had gotten my hopes up to try something new and couldn’t do it. Once that happened and I was trying to figure out the next plan of action, between the millions of phone calls to different people, and no one really being apologetic about the situation or willing to go that extra mile, I felt very discouraged.
Make sure you’re paying attention. It’s A LOT of information.
We were going to do a drug heavy IUI but I haven’t gone through a single cycle with Dr. Kiltz because of a miscommunication on insurance and people within his company, as well as the pharmacy not returning my calls.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There are so many people that need to be involved from financial, to nursing, to doctors. It would have been nice to have a meeting with one from each area of expertise. It would have helped not get discombobulated about everything.
Up to 10,000 for IVF and 4-6000 with IUI
I have no comments on this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After triple checking that my insurance covered IUI procedures after deductibles we were going to start an IUI cycle. However, after an issue with the pharmacy I called the insurance company myself and discovered that it is not covered under my policy. While trying to figure out what was going on and what our next steps could possibly be, I felt like I was getting the run around from many different people. It was very hard to figure it out with having to go back and forth with the financial team and the nurses what our next steps could be. I was then given a list of meds I could try to do a less medication heavy cycle and left a message with both the pharmacy team at the clinic and the pharmacy they recommended and neither has called me back. It’s been a few weeks and I am very discouraged on what I’d like to do. It truly all comes down to money. So being told something was covered a number of times and then it not being was not a good experience
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. Had a protocol in mind before he even met me, not based on my specific situation. Did not have time for questions or explanations. Just kept pushing his original agenda. ... I feel that his knowledge and ability is competent, but considering the field he has chosen, there is nothing compassionate, or concerned, or even interested feeling about his bedside manor. I don’t feel he is passionate about helping you find success.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I feel that his knowledge and ability is competent, but considering the field he has chosen, there is nothing compassionate, or concerned, or even interested feeling about his bedside manor. I don’t feel he is passionate about helping you find success. Maybe there is a certain type of fertility problem that he is interested in and will be a cheerleader for, but he certainly did not seem interested in mine.
IF you need compassion or “hand holding” on your fertility journey, look elsewhere.
1st IUI- letrozole 2nd IUI letrozole plus 75 gonal 1st IVF- 150 menopur, 300/450 gonal, cetritide. There was no rationale- these are typical med levels given to anyone- not addressing the fertility problems I specifically have.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nursing staff is hit or miss. If you find a nurse you like and develop a relationship you should request them each time- otherwise you will get some nurses who Do not seem invested or passionate about this specialty- they might as well be working at a flu clinic or something.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: comparatively not expensive Weakness: too many patients, not enough personalized care, difficulty getting through or getting people to respond. I suppose you have to advocate for yourself wherever you seek care, but it’s especially true at CNY. Over the past two years I’ve become an expert in treatment, my specific issues, new procedures or medicines, because CNY just throws generic protocols at you, and does not seem to be current on new care options. Fertility treatment has become a second full time job- and I think with other clinics, maybe it wouldn’t have to be that way.
I was mostly able to get appt. when I needed them- early in the morning- or within a half hour or hour. They were pretty quick, and I was out and on my way.
IVF $3900, monitoring $850, transfer $275.
I only had one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
For every cycle (3) this clinic has provided at least one medicine in my protocol- which I had to purchase, which then was never used or even mentioned during my actual treatment.
Latham

Strengths [Dr. Kiltz]: positive attitude. Weaknesses: lies, talks in circles, doesn't give straight answers, doesn't see patients, can be rude, doesn't respect wishes of patients, will tell you to research and then admonish you when you ask questions, bad/no communication, ... My protocol was never evaluated or adjusted. ... there was no evaluation of why my transfers were failing;
NPs didn't read case information before appointments. Would wait for 30-45 minutes after scheduled procedure times. ... [Nurses] Uneducated. Can't read ultrasounds. Inconsistent. Didn't know amount of medication to prescribe. ... i was told the same exact lines as other women who were being treated; I never saw an actual doctor unless transferring. ... Billed insurance incorrectly; still working to sort that out.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Strengths: positive attitude. Weaknesses: lies, talks in circles, doesn't give straight answers, doesn't see patients, can be rude, doesn't respect wishes of patients, will tell you to research and then admonish you when you ask questions, bad/no communication, NPs uneducated and inconsistent
There are better places to go.
My medication list never changed; there was no evaluation of why my transfers were failing; NPs would routinely not know my case history while treating me; i was told the same exact lines as other women who were being treated; I never saw an actual doctor unless transferring.
I was on a generic protocol: prednisone, prograf, baby aspirin, vitamin D, prenatal, estradiol and progesterone in oil as well as endometrin for 2/3 transfers. Transfer 3 I tried to do naturally. They still made me trigger ovulation with hCG when largest follicle was 15.88cm (too soon) and did transfer with progesterone at 3, then prescribed progesterone, then estrogen dropped and we started estradiol.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! You'll feel like you're going to a spa! There are different treatments available and a giant hot tub shaped like a uterus in the Syracuse location. Rochester isn't as wonderful but is still really great. Facilities at 10/10
Since I was transferring only, was charged between 1,500 and 2,000 per transfer. Billed insurance incorrectly; still working to sort that out.
At consult, was told to transfer one. At transfer, was told 1-3. Encouraged to transfer 2 at a time. When I wanted to transfer 1, was discouraged to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My protocol was never evaluated or adjusted. NPs didn't read case information before appointments. Would wait for 30-45 minutes after scheduled procedure times. Once had a nurse take my blood while I was crying, trying to tell me I might be pregnant even when I asked her to stop. One nurse wouldn't listen when I told her where my best vein is to take blood (I'm an extremely difficult draw) and blew three veins trying. I would be given completely conflicting information by different NPs. Once was scheduled for transfer on CD 10 (refused).

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Rarely heard directly from the doctor [Dr. Ditkoff], mostly dealt with nurses even when I was going through slow rising hcg that resulted in 8 blood tests before determining i would miscarry ... I felt frustrated that he didn't try to figure out our issues and was content with a diagnosis of "unexplained" and multiple failed cycles with out suggestions. I had to be my own advocate and suggest testing and change in protocol each time. ...
When I went for my 6 hcg test due to slow rising numbers failed to cal or post my test results ... The Facility [CNY Fertility Center] is very nice and relaxing. Very Comfortable atmosphere. The Wait time is usually minimal. Front desk staff could be more friendly. They allow kids in the office which I think is a little insensitive. ... Nurses are busy and sometimes robotic and lack personal attention to your specific case. However responsive if you need something ...
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Nice guy and is good for procedures but I feel like he lacks in trying to diagnosis the problem and teeing new things to make for a successful cycle. You really have to do your own research and advocate for your care
Rarely heard directly from the doctor, mostly dealt with nurses even when I was going through slow rising hcg that resulted in 8 blood tests before determining i would miscarry
Since my husband and I have no known fertility issues we started off with basic protocol for our fet. When that didn't work we did a full immune protocol with intralipids. Still no success
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The Facility is very nice and relaxing. Very Comfortable atmosphere. The Wait time is usually minimal. Front desk staff could be more friendly. They allow kids in the office which I think is a little insensitive.
$3900 for retrieval and transfer, $850 monitoring, meds are additional as well as add one such as glue, wash, lipids
I started transferring the best quality egg one at a time. When that didn't work i transfer two at a time. The doctor let me choose what I wanted.
Latham

I never see Dr. Kiltz. I had a phone call with him once, but I still didn't feel like it was very personalized. I appreciated the call to help figure out next steps, but I felt very overwhelmed and confused after the phone call...I felt like I had to be an advocate for my care vs. my doctor really watching out for me and making decisions in my best interest...I was monitored and at a certain point they put me on cetrotide to prevent ovulation. However at about day 9 or 10 I went in for an ultrasound and they thought that I may have ovulated through the medication.
Be prepared to never meet him [Dr. Robert Kiltz] and for long waits in the lobby [at CNY Fertility Center]...I think everyone on the staff is very nice and professional. I just feel like there are too many patients for them to be able to give any level of personal care. Often times I just feel like I am I am uterus factory. again--I don't think this is the fault of the nursing staff-- I just think they either need more staff of fewer patients.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is hard for me to answer this because I have never met him in person. The nurses I have met were nice enough, but I feel like they are overwhelmed with patients. I felt like I had to be an advocate for my care vs. my doctor really watching out for me and making decisions in my best interest.
Be prepared to never meet him and for long waits in the lobby.
Usually I feel like a number because the waiting room is always packed with people and I never see Dr. Kiltz. I had a phone call with him once, but I still didn't feel like it was very personalized. I appreciated the call to help figure out next steps, but I felt very overwhelmed and confused after the phone call.
I started an IVF cycle with Menopur and Gonal. I was also on naltrexone and Prednisone. I was monitored and at a certain point they put me on cetrotide to prevent ovulation. However at about day 9 or 10 I went in for an ultrasound and they thought that I may have ovulated through the medication. When they got my blood work back my progesterone level was too high to continue with the cycle. They also said my follicles just did not develop properly. So this cycle I am doing a priming cycle with HGH shots every day. Hopefully this will help me respond better to the medication. I did 4 rounds of IUI on letrozole and Gonal and never got more than one or maybe 2 mature follicles. All 4 IUI'S failed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and professional. They have early morning hours which is super helpful with my work schedule. My biggest complaint is that they are often running severely behind schedule. This means that the nurses are just hurrying people through to try to get back on schedule. I have been on the verge of tears on the office and have felt like they didn't even care--they just needed to get to the next person.
40.00 Co pay for every visit. IUI meds and procedures covered by my insurance, but I still had some big co-pays for some of the injections. For IVF nothing is covered by my insurance except the monitoring. The cost for the IVF is 3900. The other medication I had to buy (that I didn't have left over from my IUI cycles) was probably about 500.00.
We didn't get this fat yet.
Syracuse

Dr. Ditkoff was very direct and did not have good bedside manor. We went in with the idea of fresh transfer for ivf and right before egg retrieval he said 'you are doing a frozen right?' He acted like I was crazy for wanting fresh and so I changed my mind just because of his reaction and I trusted him as our Dr. It failed so frozen didn't work for us anyway.... It was all through the portal or by phone calls that I made to the clinic. I never spoke to Dr. Ditkoff before the actual procedure.
There are so many patients at cny because ivf is cheaper at this clinic. There are several doctors at each clinic and you don't get to pick your doctor. You are definitely a number here at this clinic but you do get what you pay for. You are your best advocate at this clinic.... I went to the Albany location. It was easy to get around the town and several hotels have a cny discount and free shuttle. The clinic is very nice, calming and clean. Front office people were just okay. They weren't super supportive or helpful (especially for an out of town patient).
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate and trust your instincts no matter what he says or how he will make you feel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurse was kind and friendly. She seemed a little young and mature. She answered all my questions but wasn't super clear on some of the answers. I also was not told to have a full bladder for transfer so I couldn't see the actual transfer of my one embryo. That made me upset because I wanted everything to go perfectly.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They have a sheet with all costs. One cycle of ivf is 3,900 and there are other add ons.