835 Hopkins Rd
Rochester, NY 14610‎
195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

Dr. Ditkoff treated me like a human because he was compassionate and he always read my file and knew exactly what was going on with me before starting any conversation...straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur [CNY Fertility Center] because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results...While the nurses are very compassionate and knowledgeable, they would often forget to upload documents to the patient portal. Also, because you are not assigned a particular nurse, sometimes you get conflicting information from nurses. Additionally sometimes I experienced situations where the nurses left my care up to me. Meaning I could do one thing or another and they let me decide. This was always very unnerving.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff is compassionate but straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Have lots of questions ready! If you do not ask, the doctor will not be forthcoming with information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The number one reason to attend this clinic is their cost. It is the most affordable clinic and if you have to do multiple rounds, then it is totally worth it. They are very knowledgeable in what they do and include holistic views in their treatments. The clinic is more like a spa then a clinical environment. The doctor is innovative and always looking at new ways to treat patients. On the down side they are too busy to give individualized care. You 100% must advocate for yourself and be very well versed on your own health. Do not expect them to catch anything. You must double and triple check your own results with what research shows.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
Cycle cost $4,000 and included everything except pgs/pgd testing and medications.
Describe Edward Ditkoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Ditkoff recommends single embryo transfer but will allow you to transfer two if you want.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I have received conflicting information regarding my treatment from nurses.
Latham

[Dr. Kiltz is] a great doctor and very helpful but is difficult to schedule and track down. His bedside manner is absolutely worth it...agrees single embryos are the safer option for most people but he’s also more than willing to discuss options and make a plan per person/cycle...is quite personable and is happy to discuss his plans/goals/ideas. He is a bit over confident I feel but can’t deny he is doing what he can. He’s a bit hard to track down since he’s so busy but we liked speaking with him.
Such a high volume clinic [CNY Fertility Center] means their customer service isn’t great. Forgotten messages, difficult to schedule and always a bit rushed...They’re [nurses] very busy, see and talk to tons of clients and so don’t have the warmest interactions. But they are overall quite nice and do try very hard...We dealt with the travel team and used a local clinic for monitoring and Costco for our pharmacy. Communication was slow and difficult and they would often lose track or requests/notes/appts. They did try their hardest to rectify it.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is quite personable and is happy to discuss his plans/goals/ideas. He is a bit over confident I feel but can’t deny he is doing what he can. He’s a bit hard to track down since he’s so busy but we liked speaking with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be patient. He’s a great doctor and very helpful but is difficult to schedule and track down. His bedside manner is absolutely worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Such a high volume clinic means their customer service isn’t great. Forgotten messages, difficult to schedule and always a bit rushed.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We came from 2 other clinics and he agreed to a complete change. We used different injections and transferred 3 embryos instead of 1 and on day 3 vs day 5. We are planning another cycle and hoping to hear any more suggestions from him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They’re very busy, see and talk to tons of clients and so don’t have the warmest interactions. But they are overall quite nice and do try very hard.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Large, very affordable, multiple ways to contact staff, they’re helpful with any sort of questions you have. The downside is that they aren’t the warmest, they don’t remember your name or what you’re calling about and you can get lost in the shuffle. They’re not super organized and so you have to take charge.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
The $6k it cost us for an IVF cycle included everything except monitoring. It was way less than our previous cycles and even the added items (acupuncture, HCG wash etc) weren’t as expensive as elsewhere. Plus their financing options are very appealing.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Dr Kiltz agrees single embryos are the safer option for most people but he’s also more than willing to discuss options and make a plan per person/cycle.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Grossman is knowledgeable, approachable, and patient. He will always answer any questions and explain things thoroughly. As a patient, most interactions are with the nursing staff. But on retrieval and transfer days, Dr. G has been great - I felt very at ease, especially given my complicated history. ... During treatment, a majority of visits/interactions are with the nursing staff vs. doctor.
I will day that the clinic seems to be getting busier - and I hope that it does not have a negative impact of overall level of service and care. ... The nursing staff is amazing. Everyone that I have encountered through countless visits have been great. I tend to see the same nurse as much as I can - I like the consistency and having someone that is most familiar with my particular situation.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Write your questions down and don’t be afraid to ask. And ask again if needed. Always need to be your own advocate, especially under such emotionally and physically stressful circumstances that come with IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman if friendly and approachable. He is always will to answer questions and patient. During treatment, a majority of visits/interactions are with the nursing staff vs. doctor. Usually only see the doctor for retrieval, transfer, etc.
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI with letrozole x4. IUI with injectables - follistim and menopur x3. Overstimulated with IUI #7 and converted to IVF. Retrieval resulted in 7 fertilized embryos with 4 frozen and day 3. First frozen transfer was successful, but resulted in a miscarriage at 16 weeks.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I don’t have many complaints about my experience to date. I will day that the clinic seems to be getting busier - and I hope that it does not have a negative impact of overall level of service and care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is known for making IVF affordable. My IUI treatments were covered under insurance, I paid my co-pays for every visit, along with any costs for medications. For IVF, total cost was $3,900 plus medications. Within a year of your retrieval, any additional transfers are $250 (first is covered under the $3,900).
Latham

I saw him [Dr. Ditkoff] once right before my retrieval. I was a travel patient and my consultation was with Dr. Kiltz. He was very straightforward and to the point. If total compassion is your thing, he probably wouldn't be the one I would go to. However, the way that CNY works things, you don't see the same Doctor or nurses every time. ... He's a nice guy, but very straightforward.
The only thing I felt like went wrong was that we had to call them [CNY Fertility] to get our final freeze results and I wished someone would have really educated me on why we were doing some things the way we did them. ... They definitely don't hold your hand through treatment. I would have liked for someone to sit down with me and actually explain the goals of my protocol. ...Everyone treated me with respect and honored my wishes. I just wish there were a little more transparency.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I saw him once right before my retrieval. I was a travel patient and my consultation was with Dr. Kiltz. He was very straightforward and to the point. If total compassion is your thing, he probably wouldn't be the one I would go to. However, the way that CNY works things, you don't see the same Doctor or nurses every time. Once again, they are giving greater amounts of people access to care that would otherwise be beyond their means. That in and of itself makes CNY worth it.
Ask every single question you can think of. Write things down. He's a nice guy, but very straightforward.
CNY, in my opinion, is trying to do a good thing. They are trying to give clients access to treatment that wouldn't otherwise get it. They definitely don't hold your hand through treatment. I would have liked for someone to sit down with me and actually explain the goals of my protocol. However, things, so far have worked out for me. We have 4 really great looking embryos. I did extensive research and I tried to follow every instruction to perfection. If I had questions, I tried to be my own advocate and called into the nurses. Everyone treated me with respect and honored my wishes. I just wish there were a little more transparency.
I was on an antagonist protocol I believe. I was on 150 Gonal F, 75 Menopur, and .25 of Cetrotide (starting day 3). I triggered with a double Lupron trigger on day 10. I produced about 10-15 follicles, but only had 5 eggs retrieved. I was pretty devastated at this, but 4 out of my 5 embryos were frozen on day 5. Those 4 embryos are graded really good. This was my first medicated cycle of any fertility treatment and I know I'm an easy responder to other medications. I believe the rationale behind my protocol was that we just didn't know much about how I would respond. I maybe have a very mild case of PCOS in my one ovary and my husband has some male factor issues. My blood tests were all pretty normal. This was kind of a basic first protocol to see how I would respond. Luckily, after getting over the fact that I only retrieved 5 eggs, things have worked pretty well. I have yet to transfer anything yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at CNY-Albany are great. They really do try to get to know you and are very compassionate. They will answer any and all questions that you have.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths - Cost is a huge one. IVF would totally be out of the question if not for them. They all try very hard to make you feel comfortable and taken care of. They have their opinions on how things should go, but they ultimately listen and honor your wishes. They try a mixture of Eastern and Western medicine to try and get things to work. Weaknesses - If you want a clinic to hold your hand through the entire process, this one isn't for you. You really have to be your own advocate and not be scared to speak up and ask questions. My only regret was that I wish I would have had easier access to a doctor. i would have liked to have some of the things about my protocol explained better. My husband and I went in with the attitude that this whole thing is a big risk and it's either going to work or it won't and we're not paying for someone to hold our hands. If you go in with the right expectations, CNY can definitely work for you.
We paid $4,500 for our entire IVF cycle. That included monitoring and everything. That was honestly our biggest draw to CNY. We paid just over $3,500 for medications.
I have yet to transfer, however, I know because of my age, they highly encourage you to only transfer one embryo. They will, however, honor your choice and transfer two. They will not, unless under very special circumstances, transfer more than that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The only thing I felt like went wrong was that we had to call them to get our final freeze results and I wished someone would have really educated me on why we were doing some things the way we did them. I think part of the reason was is because I was a travel patient, turned in-clinic patient. I really did have a really good experience here though.
Latham

Dr. Kiltz is very good at listening and communicating through everything starting with the consult and ending with the procedure. He is very compassionate and shows nothing but hope for the plan that he and you choose....Dr. Kiltz takes the time to talk to you so you understand. He has a way of just making you feel comfortable....We worked with the travel team [CNY Fertility] since we live in Ohio. They wanted to communicate through the portal which is very in convenient and slow.
We worked with the travel team [CNY Fertility Center] since we live in Ohio. They wanted to communicate through the portal which is very in convenient and slow....The clinic is beautiful. Very serene, low lit, calm and relaxing. The spa was right on the other side of the clinic which I did not even know until day of transfer because I had acupuncture done. I did think it was odd that the acupuncture was done in the same room as the transfer, but also enjoyed it because I stayed calm and relaxed and did not have to transfer to another room.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask questions. Don’t feel stupid about any question! They are there for you!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
We worked with the travel team since we live in Ohio. They wanted to communicate through the portal which is very in convenient and slow. I am the type of person that likes to talk to someone so I can confirm and get straight answers. The portal gives them time to respond if they respond at all. I usually needed up calling and leaving a voicemail for them to call me back as soon as they could and this sometimes ended up being the next day also. I did take into consideration the fact that they are busy dealing with people that are actually there and tries not to get too frustrated, but most times that did not help.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful. Very serene, low lit, calm and relaxing. The spa was right on the other side of the clinic which I did not even know until day of transfer because I had acupuncture done. I did think it was odd that the acupuncture was done in the same room as the transfer, but also enjoyed it because I stayed calm and relaxed and did not have to transfer to another room. Also liked that I didn’t feel like i was in a procedure room.
It’s listed on the website
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
they did not call with info in timely matter or when they said they would.
2008 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Kilts has always been warm, caring and willing to work with his patients for their best interest. However, the busy environment and overwhelmed nurses has become more apparent with the popularity of the clinic.... Dr. Kilts is very warm, kind, and understanding. He values his patients time, resources, and emotional state.
The nursing staff [at CNY-Syracuse] seems overwhelmed and having difficulty will recalling all of their patients. Mostly, they are extremely positive and warm. However, after my last consultation, it seemed they were less organized than in the past.... I enjoy the relaxing atmosphere at CNY. I am always thankful that Dr. Kilts and his team are willing to try new and more holistic measures to help families become pregnant. Dr. Kilts team is kind and caring. They have systems and protocols in place that most drs wouldn't be willing to try it take the time to understand..I appreciate his innovation.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The last time I had a consultation it was not with Dr. Kilts Dr. Kilts has always been warm, caring and willing to work with his patients for their best interest. However, the busy environment and overwhelmed nurses has become more apparent with the popularity of the clinic.
To write down your questions, always talk to the same nurse and Drs.
I don't recall very well as it has been several years since my last cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff seems overwhelmed and having difficulty will recalling all of their patients. Mostly, they are extremely positive and warm. However, after my last consultation, it seemed they were less organized than in the past.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I don't recall the costs as it has been years..I believe I paid 2500 or 3000 for my first fresh cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After my last consultation, it was determined that I needed laparoscopic surgery which I scheduled with the surgical coordinator for 2 months out. Several weeks later I received a voicemail asking if I still wanted the date. Since I didn't view it as soon emergency knowing it was already scheduled, I waited a day to return the call. By that point, they'd already cancelled my surgery and told me it would be another month out for my surgery. I decided to not proceed with the surgery at the clinic at this time.
Syracuse
He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.... I didn’t get to meet him anytime prior to the transfer but when he came in he had my specific information and based our treatment off of all our details.
[at CNY-Latham] $3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash... We used gonal and Menopur to help stimulate my follicles to grow. After 3 ultrasounds and bloodwork. They gave me Ganirelix so my folliculles would not release. Once they were the correct size they adviced me to take trigger shot to release the eggs. They put me under and removed the eggs. Starting that day they injected the eggs with my husbands sperm and watched them over 5 days. On day 5 they told me the rate of the eggs. We chose 2 eggs to put in which took 30 minutes. After I layed down for 15 minutes and then rested the next two day.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.
Understand that he isn’t being rude when he explains things he is just making sure you truly understand the risk and benefits of the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey)
Although they are extremely busy they always got back to me in a timely manor.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes communication is not the best. Never feel like you can’t call or email them with every question you have. Stay in touch and ask lots of questions. They have been doing this a long time so sometimes they may not explain things in super details. If you don’t hear back from them call them.
$3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Strengths: the front dest staff [at CNY Fertility Center] is amazing. They remember your name and are so polite and cheerful. The lobby and rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The prices are much lower than the national average so this is a plus. This clinic is very busy. Lots of people in and out all the time. You have to learn to advocate for yourself. Ask questions, do your research, and take notes. Otherwise you can easily get lost in the shuffle and become just another file.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is great! He is very smart and knowledgeable and he is also really confident in his job and positive about treatments. He does great work when he is the one providing the treatment. The only drawback to being his patient is that he is not someone you see often. Only on big treatment days. I cant complain about his work as a doctor though. He's a great surgeon and doctor. He works quickly and has great bedside manner.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Kiltz won't force a treatment plan and he will let you be in the drivers seat. This means you need to ask lots of questions so that you have all the info possible to make your treatment plan. He has lots of techniques and methods and is always open to ideas but you have to be the one to ask.
For my first timed intercourse cycle, I wasn't given much instructions at my first appointment except to take some letrozole and come back. I didn't even see the doctor to have the cycle explained to me. I came back and they kept talking about a "trigger shot" which no one had explained to me. Needless to say, it was super stressful getting that medication and getting everything figured out. I rarely see Dr. Kiltz but I have learned to ask for the same nurse and ask lots of questions. Otherwise they never give much info about what to expect and you kind of feel like another task.
Dr Kiltz is really big about diet! He goes on and on about Keto diet and how it matters. It's an extra step in treatment but hopefully helps make the most of what your body does with all of the medicines you are putting in it. Dr. Kiltz is also really big on Holistic treatment using Eastern and Western medicine. He has an accupuncturist on staff and a yoga and meditation studio attached to his office. He truly believes in the benefits of these techniques so expect to hear about them. Also you get a free weekly yoga class at the studio as one of his patients. Dr. Kiltz is also all about LDN for his patients. He believes in a balanced immune system and uses this drug to try to achieve that for his patients.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
At first, I was very put off by the nursing staff. The first few I interacted with were very rude and treated me like I was a number and I was just doing something so basic that it didn't deserve much attention. Although my first treatments were the lowest level on the scale, they were a big deal to me. After I learned to request the one or two nurses I liked and trusted, things changed. I am now very happy with my care from them and feel much more comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: the front dest staff is amazing. They remember your name and are so polite and cheerful. The lobby and rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The prices are much lower than the national average so this is a plus. This clinic is very busy. Lots of people in and out all the time. You have to learn to advocate for yourself. Ask questions, do your research, and take notes. Otherwise you can easily get lost in the shuffle and become just another file.
The finance department at this office is great at working with you to code procedures and treatments in a way so that the insurance will cover them. The pricing for IVF is lower than the national average its $3900 and includes retrieval, ICSI, PGS testing, freezing of embryos, and transfers and storage for up to a year. You are responsible for monitoring costs and medication costs.
I haven't done either of these with him yet but I know he typically does a single embryo transfer for women under 35.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My first procedure was not explained to me. It was a timed intercourse treatment cycle and I was told to fill one perscription and then come back. I did. Then they kept talking about a trigger shot. Since this was my first time at a fertility clinic, I had no idea what this meant. The nurses had never explained it to me! Since an Hcg injection is a controlled substance in the state of NY and not something every pharmacy keeps in stock, the med had to be called in that day because I needed it the following day. It was very stressful to not have any idea what was going on and no explanations ahead of time about what to expect.
Syracuse

Dr.Grossman is very down to earth and makes you feel comfortable in a stressful situation. His calm demeanor helps keep your stress levels down as well... write down questions as you think of them that way when you meet with him you can make sure to get all the information you need. Even if you think it is a silly question he is very understanding and will answer any and all questions you have...He is very respectful and understanding of the process and helps to make you feel comfortable in an otherwise stressful situation...After several iuis we decided to move on to IVF...
I believe this clinic [CNY] is very helpful. They have seminars for questions, and are also one of the most affordable care I have researched in the area. They have a healing arts center in the same building where you can have acupuncture or massages and also yoga for healing. I think they are very well rounded and don't have any complaints other than the fact that I was not informed of an embryo that made it to freeze prior to my next appointment. It was a shock but a happy one.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.Grossman is very down to earth and makes you feel comfortable in a stressful situation. His calm demeanor helps keep your stress levels down as well. I am very happy with having my procedures done by him.
Not just for dr. Grossman but write down questions as you think of them that way when you meet with him you can make sure to get all the information you need. Even if you think it is a silly question he is very understanding and will answer any and all questions you have.
After several iuis we decided to move on to IVF. I used gonal f, menopur, lupron, cetrotide and baby aspirin. I have a mutation gene MTHFR and therefore take baby aspirin and methyl folate to help with that. After first retrieval didn't create that many embryos I started taking coq10 to try and help with my egg quality. I have also tried intralipids in case of an immune disorder.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone is very kind and only wants the best out of each situation for you.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I believe this clinic is very helpful. They have seminars for questions, and are also one of the most affordable care I have researched in the area. They have a healing arts center in the same building where you can have acupuncture or massages and also yoga for healing. I think they are very well rounded and don't have any complaints other than the fact that I was not informed of an embryo that made it to freeze prior to my next appointment. It was a shock but a happy one.
$4725 for IVF including monitoring, anesthesia, egg retrieval, icsi, freezing for a year and frozen transfers during that year.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After my egg retrieval we only had 2 embryos make it to day 5 and they weren't great quality. However I later learned at my next appt that another embryo made it to the freeze stage. I would have liked to be kept up to date on the progression of my embryos prior to transfer as well as after.

2017, Unknown Success
I am doing my IVF with CNY as a global travel client, which means I'm traveling to the clinic from a different state. I never met or spoke with Dr. Corley other than the day of the egg retrieval. Our meeting was very brief. He asked me how many follicles we had and then told me a little about the procedure. He seemed nice, but with so little interaction it's hard to really judge...I wish I had more of an opportunity to speak with him in the days prior to the egg retrieval, or even a follow-up from him after, but this was all done by nursing staff.
The clinic [CNY] looks like a spa. They put us in a private room with a couch to wait prior to retrieval so we wouldn't have be out waiting in the waiting room which was nice. They also have their wellness center attached which is nice. My only minor complaint about the clinic is the length of time I had to wait in the "operating" room prior to my retrieval...I dealt primarily with the nursing staff. They are very well informed. You can communicate with them via phone or email through the online portal system. They were quick to respond to both phone and the email system, though it was frustrating at times when I would call and always have to leave a message.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Since we're traveling to the clinic I again don't feel like I can give the best review. I wish I had more of an opportunity to speak with him in the days prior to the egg retrieval, or even a follow-up from him after, but this was all done by nursing staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols David Corley used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't know that Dr. Corley actually put together the protocol, but here's what it was. We did a natural cycle, so just started based on the start of the my menses. I had a baseline labs and U/S done on CD 3 and then started meds on CD 4. I did 300IU of Gonal-f and 150IU of menopur. On stims day 6 (CD 9) I added 0.25mg cetrotide. I had more bloodwork and U/S on stims day 8 (CD 11). I then received a call that day that retrieval would be on CD 14. We triggered with Lupron (I can't remember the dose) at 1am on CD 13 and then did a second Lupron trigger at 1pm on CD 13. We had 6 decent sized follicles with several smaller ones (total of 11) noted at the stims day 8 u/s. We collected 5 eggs, 3 were mature and fertilized. 3 grew to day 3 and were of fair quality. We froze all 3 on day 3
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic looks like a spa. They put us in a private room with a couch to wait prior to retrieval so we wouldn't have be out waiting in the waiting room which was nice. They also have their wellness center attached which is nice. My only minor complaint about the clinic is the length of time I had to wait in the "operating" room prior to my retrieval. I sat in that room for more than 30 minutes without anyone telling me what we were waiting for. I was very anxious and just sitting there was difficult for me, especially since I was completely alone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Corley at CNY Fertility Center.
We decided to go with CNY because of their discounted costs. Insurance covers nothing for us for IVF. My monitoring was done in CA. The costs of that were $300 and $419 for the 2 different appointments. Some of my meds were donated by friends, but we did spend about $2000 on meds. We had to travel to CNY which cost us about another $2000. The cost of the IVF was $3900 this included anesthesia, retrieval, FET for a year and storage for a year.
Describe David Corley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
We are only doing a frozen transfer and the nurse I spoke with stated they recommend doing 2
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
All of my consents were sent via the online portal and I submitted them there as well. The morning we arrived the clinic they couldn't find one of the consents which was kind of annoying.
David Corley

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
[Dr. Robert Kiltz did this:] IUIs (Non-injectables): -baseline ultrasound and bloodwork day 3 or 4 -prenatal vitamin, 81 mg aspirin, prednizone, azithromycin, and letrozole (day 3, 4, or 5 to 7, 8, or 9) -ultrasound and blookwork about day 10 (repeated until folicles are big enough) -ovadril trigger at 6pm the day before the IUI -Collection and sperm washing the day of the IUI -Inseminatiion an hour later -progesterone suppositories beginning three(?) days later -blood test 14 days after IUI
CNY is very zen. There are wellness activities (toga, acupuncture, etc.) on site. They are great in person and have a convenient patient portal online. You can do your ultrasounds and blood work at your local doctor and only go to the clinic for procedures. You can even schedule phone appointments. The patient portal could be more reliable, and the clinic could be more organized online and over the phone.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I call him "Yoga Bro." His office is very zen. He performed two of my procedures, and is very compotent and direct. He also loves to talk about the benifits of fats and is a proponent of laparoscopies.
Listen to his advice (about diet, etc.), but do your own research.
When I'm n the office I feel like a human, the nurses are great. Although I love the patient portal, I often feel more like a number via the web and telephone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are great! Super friendly, supportive, and compotent. They could be a little more organized over the phone and internet.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is very zen. There are wellness activities (toga, acupuncture, etc.) on site. They are great in person and have a convinient patient portal online. You can do your ultrasounds and bloodwork at your local doctor and only go to the clinic for procedures. You can even schedule phone appointments. The patient portal could be more reliable, and the clinic could be more organized oneline and over the phone.
My procedures have all been at least partially covered by insurance, so I'm not sure. Now that I'm using more expensive injectables, the nurses provided me with a reusable $250 coupon card to presnt to pharmacies to offset co-pays.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had a nurse call and leave a message with one set of instructions, and while I was listening to it another nurse called with a different set of instructions.
Rochester

Felt like a number because I felt like he [Dr. Ditkoff] was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me...I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue
Nurses [at CNY Fertility Center] were very nice...I had an FISH of 14 on baseline bloodwork, and this is an abnormally high level which may indicate issues with egg quality/reserve. Had to call the clinic to get this result myself....Ease of making appointments, costs are very good... I am paying 100% out of pocket because bad insurance, and when we explained that our time and money are valuable, and want to try to explain our insurance issues with him [Dr. Ditkoff], he simply stated he doesn't know anything about how insurance works and someone else can talk to me about it.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue, even though I came in to see him with evidence of elevated prolactin. I ended up leaving the appointment with my spouse (who is a physician and also felt terrible after the visit), who encouraged me to get my prolactin levels evaluated by a "real" endocrinologist. Instead of Dr Ditkoff simply prescribing me cabergoline (which was done by my former RE at Columbia), he dismissed actual evidence of an elevated prolactin levels and wasted my time and money. I am paying 100% out of pocket because bad insurance, and when we explained that our time and money are valuable, and want to try to explain our insurance issues with him, he simply stated he doesn't know anything about how insurance works and someone else can talk to me about it. Currently, I am under the care of an endocrinologist to treat my elevated prolactin levels (which were higher than I thought they would be) and went to Dr Grossman at the same clinic for a second opinion. I wouldn't recommend Dr Ditkoff to anyone.
If you don't feel like he's truly listening and you think you're being dismissed, you probably are.
Felt like a number because I felt like he was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me.
We saw him for our initial visit only. We mutually agreed to pursue IVF as we did not want to risk twins with IUI or clomid alone. No discussion of protocol was had during our initial visit.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses were very nice. Though I was a little frustrated at a baseline blood draw of FSH 14 and not being told of this level. It is higher than one would want.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Ease of making appointments, costs are very good.
I only saw him for initial visit which was covered for free as we were out of pocket. Bloodwork was $25 per lab value. Saline sonogram was approx $270.
He did not have preference but seemed to respect is wanting to only transfer 1 embryo as we do not want twins.
Latham

I wasn't aware that my initial intake would be my only real in person meeting with the RE...Dr. Grossman is highly experienced and clearly an excellent RE. What I feel he lacks, however is warmth. It feels like he gives you the facts without really weighing in on and/or discussing your decision making. Dr. Grossman is extremely gentle with procedures. His personality is calm overall, but he is quick witted and brief in his interactions...Use the patient portal to communicate with him as he is usually quick to respond to your questions if you message him. You will also be able to schedule phone calls with him.
The clinic itself is very busy and most staff seem to forget how harrowing the experience of infertility is for people. Procedures are not explained in detail...The clinic itself is gorgeous! Top of the line equipment and services... A strength of the clinic is that you never wait long to be seen...CNY didn't always post my lab results to my portal.... Some of the nurses expressed compassion while others struggled to do so. When I called, I felt I was being a nuisance and often felt rushed off the phone.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman is highly experienced and clearly an excellent RE. What I feel he lacks, however is warmth. It feels like he gives you the facts without really weighing in on and/or discussing your decision making. Dr. Grossman is extremely gentle with procedures. His personality is calm overall, but he is quick witted and brief in his interactions. He speaks quickly so you really have to pay attention to what he says or you might miss something.
Before going into the intake, have a list of questions prepared for him as this will likely be the only time you sit down with him. Use the patient portal to communicate with him as he is usually quick to respond to your questions if you message him. You will also be able to schedule phone calls with him.
The clinic itself is very busy and most staff seem to forget how harrowing the experience of infertility is for people. I wasn't aware that my initial intake would be my only real in person meeting with the RE. Procedures are not explained in detail. You have to be a squeaky wheel in order to get answers from staff.
For 5 days: Gonal F 225 IU once daily, Menopur 75 IUonce daily, Z Pak --take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone, Prednisone 5 mg--1 tablet by mouth twice daily, Prenatal Vitamin one qd--take one by mouth daily. Day 6-9: Added Cetrotide .25 mg. Day 10: Stopped all injectables and took Lupron 0.8 mg and Ovidrel 250 mcg. Day 11: Just took Prednisone and prenatal vitamins. I had the retrieval two days later. They retrieved 17 eggs total. They ICSIed 15 eggs and 3 survived to day 6 and day 7. We refused PGS testing but we consented to assisted hatching. The following month, we decided to put all three embryos in during the transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
As mentioned earlier, the staff need to remember that infertility is a tough thing for couples to face. Also, they need to not assume that we have googled everything and understand the IUI or IVF processes in their entirety. It would have been nice to have a sit down with someone who would explain the procedures before they were performed, as normally occurs in the medical field. Some of the nurses expressed compassion while others struggled to do so. When I called, I felt I was being a nuisance and often felt rushed off the phone. At times, I would have to call repeatedly to get a call back. They do make an effort however to follow up when you are monitored locally, to ensure you are on track.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is gorgeous! Top of the line equipment and services. They have a beautiful aesthetic with a full spa located upstairs where you can book acupuncture and massages. The lobby is warm and inviting with nice furniture, a beautiful fireplace, and dim lighting. It is clear that Dr. Kiltz, the head of the practice, poured his heart and soul into creating these clinics. I wonder how he would feel if he discovered how they are treating clients. If you are looking for affordable IVF, then CNY is the most affordable out there. Just be prepared to be treated as a number and not as an individual. A strength of the clinic is that you never wait long to be seen. Make sure to advocate for yourself if you come here for treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I didn't monitor at CNY, I monitored locally. For the most part, the local monitoring went smoothly. There was some glitches with CNY not getting results quickly enough--I believe that happened twice. Once, the local clinic that monitored didn't accurately count my follicles, so CNY scheduled an ultrasound at their clinic before my failed IUI. CNY didn't always post my lab results to my portal.
It is $3900 for IVF with ICSI including 1 year storage of embryos and a year of FET. Meds via my own insurance company's specialty pharmacy--just paid co pays. If monitoring is done at CNY, it is an additional $875. If you go locally to your OBGYN, your insurance company pays for it. My insurance company pays for unlimited IUIs. Co pays at CNY are usually $50.
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
He didn't weigh in other than saying that three was the maximum that I could transfer due to my age.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
We are struggling with MFI and were honest about that from the onset. We have been following up with a urologist for the past year and my husband is on clomid to improve his sperm count. We started an IUI cycle initially (as the IVF meds were costly and my insurance covers unlimited IUIs). The day of the IUI, they told us there was no sperm in my husband's sample. As I was loaded with follicles due to the injectables I took for the IUI, I inquired about them retrieving the eggs so they would not go to waste and was told they would be too fragile to do so. They suggested we may have to do TESE. I told her that was unnecessary my husband has sperm, his count was just low. We followed up with our urologist who centrifuged his sperm sample and showed us his sperm under the microscope. I reached out to the RE to express my frustration via the patient portal and he suggested that we freeze a few samples with CNY. We scheduled to do so at CNY, only to be told again that there was no sperm in his sample. We went to MAZE in Westchester and cryopreserved three samples of sperm. I drove it in a rented tank and left it at CNY. I followed up with the lab at CNY numerous times via telephone to confirm they received the cryo and discussed how they might use it in the procedure. Weeks later, we started on an IVF with ICSI track. All seemed to be going well until the day of my retrieval. As I was in stirrups in the retrieval room, the embryologist came in and announced that they wouldn't be able to do ICSI as the cryo from MAZE was terrible quality. I was enraged, naturally as the cryo was a costly procedure and they had weeks to assess the quality of the cryo instead of minutes before my retrieval. I told them they claimed that my husband didn't have sperm in his samples. I suggested they have him provide two back to back sperm samples to see if they could "find" his sperm. Following the retrieval I called the lab and asked about how I could take my eggs and transfer to another clinic as I didn't have faith they would "find" his sperm and ICSI the eggs retrieved. Miraculously, they called later that afternoon and told me they retrieved 17 eggs, and ICSIed 15 of them with his fresh sperm.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz....Strength: kind and compassionate. Low cost. Truly wants to help others. Provided cell phone number for calls or texts. Weaknesses. Would prescribe serious meds without appropriate diagnosis. Did not see him for appts. Only saw nurses. Unless it was an emergency or transfer. He is a very kind man and when I did see him, he was very supportive. But he just takes on too many patients and you feel like a number. As a result the level of care suffers.
Most of the nurses [at CNY] were very kind and compassionate...However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients...Strength: I had 2 nurses... were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally....After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Advocate for yourself, review all of your labs, do not take every medicine without research and an understanding.
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz. I would often see different nurses and they would not know my case well. If I was able to see the same nurse this was helpful. But due to the business of the clinic that was not always possible. I had to monitor my own blood work more times than I should have. My thyroid was never monitored appropriately. After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake. But this did not make up for what had been done.
There were so many Meds prescribed to me with the school of thought let’s see if it works. Not really considering my history.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Most of the nurses were very kind and compassionate. They had a lot to undertake as a result of all that constant changes that were made by the doctor. However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: I had 2 nurses I worked with who were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
What I mentioned in my review of dr kiltz says it.
2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr Kiltz was always super upbeat and positive with us. He was also quick to hold my hand or give a hug if we were upset. He always made me feel like he genuinely cared about me...He is not a typical conservative 'professional' acting dr. Have an open mind. Ive only seen him in jeans. He is a big ball of energy and excitement and compassion and spirituality and knowledge... I wasnt sure how to take him at first but am blessed to have found him.
Cost for ivf [at CNY Fertility Center] is significantly less than other clinics in my area. I could never have afforded other clinics...they offer financing and bundled discounts are the only way I could have afforded IVF. I do feel like as they've expanded they've lost some of their personalized touch. But I also think they changed some things to streamline care and help get some things done faster.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz was always super upbeat and positive with us. He was also quick to hold my hand or give a hug if we were upset. He always made me feel like he genuinely cared about me. I truly believe his patients are more important to him than the money he makes.
He is not a typical conservative 'professional' acting dr. Have an open mind. Ive only seen him in jeans. He is a big ball of energy and excitement and compassion and spirituality and knowledge. I wasnt sure how to take him at first but am blessed to have found him.
When I first started going to CNY I felt like I received very personalized care and everyone in the office knew me by name. Two years later they had expanded and lost that personal touch. Nurses from other cities called. Different people told me different things. I see why they did some things with the nurses BUT I also feel like the more they grow the more you feel like just a number.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr Kiltz keeps his prices much lower than other fertility clinics in the area. That and the fact that they offer financing and bundled discounts are the only way I could have afforded IVF. I do feel like as they've expanded they've lost some of their personalized touch. But I also think they changed some things to streamline care and help get some things done faster.
Cost for ivf is significantly less than other clinics in my area. I could never have afforded other clinics.
He educated us on benefits vs risks and asked how many we wanted to transfer. He agreed with our choice each time.
Rochester
Dr. Kiltz used both a holistic, dietary and medical approach to fertility issues. When treatment failed, the next course of treatment was altered. He seemed knowledgeable and compassionate, caring about his patient's comfort and success. He is very open and talkative! The offices themselves are beautiful and relaxing, offering massage, acupuncture, yoga etc... The 3rd cycle we did another retrieval, gonal f and hcg with hcg trigger, retrieved 5 eggs, did ice I, had only one embryo. Added progesterone in oil injections and prograf and low dose naltrexone to keep down inflammation and rejection. We ended up pregnant that cycle.
Most of the nursing staff [at CNY-Rochester]were very compassionate. They worked efficiently to get vitals and labs at each appountment and were good with scheduling at convenient times. They were not always great about returning calls. There were a few times we had billing issues that were quickly and easily resolved.... Very welcoming and relaxing. Lots of different options to choose from including holistic approaches. Seem to be up to date on current advances in reproductive technology. Everyone is very knowledgeable and most staff is kind and compassionate. Lots of financing options
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be prepared to try different approaches, and some things you may have not tried before. He really believes in healthy lifestyle changes.
Dr. Kiltz always took time to explain things when I did actually get to see him instead of a nurse. He offered advice and seemed to genuinely care about patient comfort and success.
The first cycle we used gonal f and hcg to stim follicles, cetrotide to mature followed by a lupron trigger prior to egg retrieval. We had a lot of eggs but only 3 made it to 5 day blast. We did a 5 day transfer 2 embryos with progesterone suppositories, estrace, prednisone and aspirin if I remember correctly. We had a chemical pregnancy. The second cycle we did A FET with one embryo after an hcg wash, same meds. It was unsuccessful. The 3rd cycle we did another retrieval, gonal f and hcg with hcg trigger, retrieved 5 eggs, did ice I, had only one embryo. Added progesterone in oil injections and prograf and low dose naltrexone to keep down inflammation and rejection. We ended up pregnant that cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Most of the nursing staff were very compassionate. They worked efficiently to get vitals and labs at each appountment and were good with scheduling at convenient times. They were not always great about returning calls. There were a few times we had billing issues that were quickly and easily resolved.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
We were able to qualify for a grant for NY residents that greatly offset our medication costs. The monitoring after transfer was all subject to insurance and deductibles.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
There were times we were supposed to get calls with results and never did. Also there was some confusion/failure to communicate that some medications needed to be obtained from specialty mail order pharmacies.

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
My cycles with him [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] were typical ivf. He didn’t offer anything like embryo testing or donor eggs or sperm or anything when I had miscarriages or unsuccessful transfers.... He explained what he knew well and made sure I was comfortable before procedures. He was not warm and patient when I had miscarriages. He did not offer any further steps as far as embry testing or any further blood testing.
Strengths [for CNY-Albany] are the nursing staff for sure. There’s hardly anything I would change about them except to maybe see the same one every visit. For the doctors, I wish that they would offer further testing or possibilities as far as miscarriage reasons or unsuccessful embryo transfers. I feel like a doctor or nurse should always be learning in their field and I don’t think they were.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I would say to ask a lot of questions.
He spoke with me in person and was familiar with my medical history
My cycles with him were typical ivf. He didn’t offer anything like embryo testing or donor eggs or sperm or anything when I had miscarriages or unsuccessful transfers.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I had a different nurse most of the time for each visit. Most of them were warm kind and compassionate and answered my questions to the best of the abilities. They are also great at returning calls.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths are the nursing staff for sure. There’s hardly anything I would change about them except to maybe see the same one every visit. For the doctors, I wish that they would offer further testing or possibilities as far as miscarriage reasons or unsuccessful embryo transfers. I feel like a doctor or nurse should always be learning in their field and I don’t think they were.
The three IUI cycles I don’t remember the cost. I know my insurance covered most of the cost of the Chlomid. For the ivf, we purchased two cycles around $6000, plus the cost of medications and needles, which was around $4000.
He preferred to transfer no more than two at once.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had two miscarriages here, and I almost died during the first one when I was bleeding uncontrollably. Dr. Ditcoff did not show hardly any compassion during this. During both miscarriages, no testing or analysts was offered either on myself or the remaining embryos to try and help determine why.

2010 - 2014, Successful
We did a few rounds of iui [with Dr. Michael Grossman] but i got ovarian overstimulstion with the injectables. Clomid didnt work. When iui didnt work we went onto embryo adoption...He recommended transfering 1 but for one transfer, since my embryos were frozen together and i refused to discard any he agreed to transfer all 3. Other transfers i transfered just 1 and then 2. He told me his reasoning why but allowed me to choose
During an embryo transfer the clinic [CNY Fertility Center] thawed my embryos 5 days too early. We had to refreeze them then rethaw for the transfer when my body eas ready. The embryos never resulted in a pregnancy... i really appreciated the on site acupuncture and massage during treatment and transfer. Clean, welcoming environment. They make appointments pretty quick...Most [nurses] were good but not all. During a huge error on the clinics side, they thawed my embryos 5 days early, the nurse that called me acted like simply making more embryos would be the same thing. Not valuing my religious views of ewch embryo being an individual life.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He had grwst bedside manner and i felt important. I have religious views that disagreed with doing ivf and i never felt judged by him for this. Eventhough the clinic made a mistake in my care, he did his best to correct it.
Id have more advice regarding the clinic than i would about dr grossman. Hes the only doctor i would want over my care in this clinic.
Dr grossman has great bedside manner. He remembered details of my first transfer years later.
I dont remember many details. We did a few rounds of iui but i got ovarian overstimulstion with the injectables. Clomid didnt work. When iui didnt work we went onto embryo adoption
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Most were good but not all. During a huge error on the clinics side, they thawed my embryos 5 days early, the nurse that called me acted like simply making more embryos would be the same thing. Not valuing my religious views of ewch embryo being an individual life.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a little too nee age-y for me, but i really appreciated the on site acupuncture and massage during treatment and transfer. Clean, welcoming environment. They make appointments pretty quick.
I dont remember besides the 500$ social work fee for the embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
During an embryo transfer the clinic thawed my embryos 5 days too early. We had to refreeze them then rethaw for the transfer when my body eas ready. The embryos never resulted in a pregnancy.

2010 - 2012, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Kiltz] was very knowledgeable. He showed compassion. He has a great facility. Sometimes I felt more like a number because my information wasn't read until my appointment so I may have had to wait....I don't remember the details of the rationale but I do remember having the procedures explained to me.... I feel like I had to remember things going on in my cycle that the doctor or nurses did not remember.
The clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr] was amazing. The people are always friend. It was a relaxing environment.... Always smiling, always friendly, knowledgeable but overwhelmed. They seemed to not know what my course of action was or my fertility plans until I was at my appointment. I had to be my own advocate reminding them of what meds I was taking, etc.... I paid for 2 rounds of IVF, but since the 1st round worked, I lost the rest of my money. I feel this was a scam.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He was very knowledgeable. He showed compassion. He has a great facility. Sometimes I felt more like a number because my information wasn't read until my appointment so I may have had to wait. I would recommend this facility to anyone I know who is trying to have a baby, but I would also tell them that they need to be their own advocate and ask a lot of questions and keep track of their treatments because they are one of many patients.
Trust his knowledge. But keep track of your progress and be your own advocate.
I feel like I had to remember things going on in my cycle that the doctor or nurses did not remember. They usually didn't look at my chart until I was seen. Unprepared for conversations/appointments.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic was amazing. The people are always friend. It was a relaxing environment. I miss going in there! The snacks, smoothies, store was great. The massage offerings were nice. The fireplace and couches in the waiting area were great. There was always someone to greet me and water was available.
I paid for 2 rounds of IVF, but since the 1st round worked, I lost the rest of my money. I feel this was a scam. Since round #1 worked, I would have liked to have been reimbursed for the difference. I understand it was a risk, but I don't like the idea. People are sensitive when trying to have a baby and taking a financial gamble is just wrong.
I was told the risks of multiple but still decided to be risky and transfer 3.
2022, Unknown Success
Dr Chang is kind and likes to joke, which helps keep the mood light. He didn't have a lot of suggestions on what to change after our first transfer of 2 embryos failed. We still do not know why nothing is working for us...He is receptive to your own ideas regarding treatment...He suggested two the first time. We then had three left and I wanted to transfer all. He was receptive to this and allowed it.
Beautiful clinic [CNY Fertility Center]. Clean. Pharmacists are very helpful. Everyone is polite. Nurses organizing your protocol for travel patients aren't always on the same page. Follow up phone call with provider was not helpful: limited to 30 minutes, provider wasn't familiar with my case, had no real suggestions or changes
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
He is receptive to your own ideas regarding treatment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Chang is kind and keeps the mood light
Describe the protocols Eric Chang used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We tried histamine protocol, lipid infusion, lovenox/asa, and nivestym. Along with prednisone and doubled PIO to 2cc for the second transfer. The HCG wash did not help with the first transfer here (second overall)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses were great overall. Some of them rushed me after retrieval.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic. Clean. Pharmacists are very helpful. Everyone is polite. Nurses organizing your protocol for travel patients aren't always on the same page. Follow up phone call with provider was not helpful: limited to 30 minutes, provider wasn't familiar with my case, had no real suggestions or changes
outside monitoring, travel patient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center.
$4000 for retrieval, $5000 for meds, $900 for transfer, $4000 monitoring and labs at outside facility per cycle
Describe Eric Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Not everyone is on the same page with course of treatment because so many different people are involved. I am a travel patient.
Eric Chang

2021, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Eric Chang] was very easy to talk to. He explained everything that I had to go through very well. He was willing to try to get to the root of the issue. Very friendly and talkative. Gave me some hope. Made me feel comfortable though retrieval and transfers...Took his time to explains everything. Nice bedside manners...
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] is beautiful, the staff is responsive and friendly. I had to drive 4 hours each way for appointments. They made sure we were comfortable since they knew we had a long drive both ways...[nurses were] Very kind and understanding. Made sure we were comfortable each visit. Always got back to us in a timely manner...IVF was $4000 Lab work and ultrasound was $1200 Transfer was $995 Medicine was $200
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Chang was very easy to talk to. He explained everything that I had to go through very well. He was willing to try to get to the root of the issue. Very friendly and talkative. Gave me some hope. Made me feel comfortable though retrieval and transfers
Make sure to ask questions if you aren’t 100% sure. Don’t waste time on doctors that you have no trust in.
Took his time to explains everything. Nice bedside manners
Had surgery prior to remove endometriosis/endometrioma. Started to stim the month after only to find out the endometrioma came back. I was on Gonal f 300 IU once a day, Menopur 150 IU once a day, Letrozle 10mg once a day, LDN 4.5mg once a day, Prednisone 5mg twice a day, Cetrotide 0.25mg once a day, Prograf 0.5mg twice a day, Estrace 2mg twice a day, Endometrim 100mg twice a day, Progesterone in oil 50mg once a day. Only collected three eggs in which two became embryos. He decided to do a fresh transfer that failed. We needed up doing a frozen two months after with our last embryo and it failed as well
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I don’t have anything negative to say. The clinic is beautiful, the staff is responsive and friendly. I had to drive 4 hours each way for appointments. They made sure we were comfortable since they knew we had a long drive both ways.
Eric Chang
Buffalo

He [Dr. Ditkoff] makes sure you understand everything before moving on to the next step. He makes sure you/your body are in the best shape possible in order to achieve the goal! He returned calls and portal messages within a timely matter.... He’s not super warm and fuzzy. But I always feel comfortable. He explains exactly what’s going on and what the end goal of that would be
Everyone I met [at CNY] was very friendly, supportive and compassionate...Very comfortable environment. It’s not very “clinical”. You feel safe and invited. There are fertility resources available to you so you can educate yourself. They also have a separate spa for massage and acupuncture which have been known to help infertility....Ivf is roughly $4,000 not including medications or labs. The flat rate includes retrieval, “mixing” embryos and sperm and 1 insemination.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He makes sure you understand everything before moving on to the next step. He makes sure you/your body are in the best shape possible in order to achieve the goal! He returned calls and portal messages within a timely matter.
At each appointment he called me by name. Did a quick recap of where we were at in the cycle, what the end goal would be. He was also very good at explaining things for us
We are still in the process. When we did our first testing month I found out I needed a 2nd surgery to remove scar tissue from the 1st. He referred me to the same Dr as it was someone he trusted. He encouraged me to have it done so my uterus was in the best possible shape before starting ivf. He was happy to meet with me asap after surgery to pick up where we left off
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone I met was very friendly, supportive and compassionate
Latham

He [Dr. Ditkoff] talks fast, but is upfront and honest. He has chatted with me through all my transfers which helps put me at ease. I have not had any follow up with him as other doctors in the clinic have consulted with me regarding my failed transfers. He will come in and make sure you are comfortable and will confirm the procedure and embryos that will be transferred. He is also very helpful when questions are asked.
They [CNY Fertility] were less expensive than most IVF clinics. There aren’t any hidden costs....Strengths are they are willing to try just about anything. Weaknesses are communication is not great. Also, after failed transfers, the consults are with different doctors and they don’t seem to diagnose or Taylor the plan to you. It just seems like they are checking off the next thing to try without assessing your situation.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He talks fast, but is upfront and honest. He has chatted with me through all my transfers which helps put me at ease. I have not had any follow up with him as other doctors in the clinic have consulted with me regarding my failed transfers. He will come in and make sure you are comfortable and will confirm the procedure and embryos that will be transferred. He is also very helpful when questions are asked.
If you don’t understand him, ask him to repeat himself.
He made conversation with me and made me feel good about my embryos. I was comfortable all my transfers.
These changes aren’t necessarily recommended by Dr Ditkoff as I have had instructions from the other drs at CNY. We added immune protocol, hcg wash, prp, and intrelipids. This next transfer we are trying Lupron because my local clinic refuses to do a lap procedure.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They were mostly great. I had some issues with one nurse having issues finding my vein (I have great veins) and finding my cervix.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They were less expensive than most IVF clinics. There aren’t any hidden costs.
Latham

Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable and very friendly. He has a very positive outlook on things. My experience as a patient have been ok considering I am doing IVF in a different state. Truthfully it is difficult to get the answers that you need when doing IVF in a different state.... After my miscarriage no one contacted me, I had to reach out to the office for further instructions. When I contacted them I had to ask for instructions on what to do next and was advised to listen to my local doctor
Strengths it affordable if you do not have major issues. Also the spa next door [CNY Fertility] is awesome and they offer Accupuncture before and afterwards. Dr Kiltz is awesome and has great ideas but you will rarely see him due to the volume of patients under his care. Weaknesses would be the communication and the high volume. You do not really get that one on one time and that is very important in this infertility journey.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
If you desire more attention and hands on approach you might look into a different clinic. They are very busy here and you really have to do your research on your own.
After my miscarriage no one contacted me, I had to reach out to the office for further instructions. When I contacted them I had to ask for instructions on what to do next and was advised to listen to my local doctor who I had previously done IVF with.
We used lovenox and LDN along with prednisone per first failed FET
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are very straight forward and to the point. You never get the same one so one might be more detailed and the other might give you limited information.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths it affordable if you do not have major issues. Also the spa next door is awesome and they offer Accupuncture before and afterwards. Dr Kiltz is awesome and has great ideas but you will rarely see him due to the volume of patients under his care. Weaknesses would be the communication and the high volume. You do not really get that one on one time and that is very important in this infertility journey.
$3900 for IVF and freezing $450 per transfer and $150 out of state monitoring fee this is not including medicine
Syracuse
Dr Ditkoff is very straight to the point/direct with his demeanor. He is informative and realistic about the chances of conceiving. He is willing to try new techniques and autoimmune protocol to help with implantation.... We used high dosage gonal 450 and menopur 150 for the first retrieval. The subsequent retrievals we tried low dose gonal 150 and menopur 75 with better results
The clinic [CNY] has many patients. So understanding that you need to do your research yourself and ask a lot of questions to get the information you need. The doctors will try anything to get you pregnant, even new or holistic approaches. They also have an autoimmune protocol... Consultation was free. IVF cycles are 3900 which does not include monitoring.... The nurses were nice and helpful but sometimes the instructions were conflicting. It would be better to have more consistency with standard responses.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Just understand he is direct but he will do anything to help.
The clinic has so many patients that there are long waits for consultations and those consults feel a bit rushed. However he was very informative.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has many patients. So understanding that you need to do your research yourself and ask a lot of questions to get the information you need. The doctors will try anything to get you pregnant, even new or holistic approaches. They also have an autoimmune protocol
I had ultrasound monitoring at a local clinic, not at CNY.
Consultation was free. IVF cycles are 3900 which does not include monitoring.
I have not tried a transfer yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I think the nursing staff needs to be more consistent with the answers they give to common questions