Buffalo
Rochester, NY 14610‎
195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

I think Dr. Kiltz was very gentle, compassionate with excellent bedside manners. He prayed with us after the transfer. He made us feel very comfortable during this time. He is very high energy but comforting. He answered all questions/concerns we presented.... Originally we wanted to transfer 2 embryos, Dr. Kiltz suggested only transferring 1 embryos. Since it was our first embryo transfer we took Dr. Kiltz' advise and only transferred 1 embryo.
It [CNY Fertility] is a large clinic with clients from all over the world. I had to do a lot of advocating for myself to ensure things got done....Some of the nurses were compassionate and caring and some of the nurses were not.... Weakness is there is a wait to get appointments due to high volume. Strengths are the facility is beautiful and it is a very relaxing atmosphere. It is a calming and peaceful environment in the clinic.... We are travel patients, so we did monitoring in our state.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be ready to do your own advocating during your treatment as a travel patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is a large clinic with clients from all over the world. I had to do a lot of advocating for myself to ensure things got done.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Progesterone vaginal suppositories 100mg in morning and 200mg nightly, estrace 2mg po BID, synthroid 25mcg po qAM, prednisone 5mg po BID, prograf 0.5mg po BID, Zithromax 500mg po X 1day then 250mg po X 4 days, cetrotide 0.25mg , low dose naltrexone 3mg po nightly, progesterone in oil 100mg IM nightly, gonal F 300IU subcutaneous nightly, HCG-LH 10IU subcutaneous nightly, prenatal vitamin 1 tablet po qAM
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
We are travel patients, so we did monitoring in our state.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
$3,000 meds $3,900 egg retrieval $250 frozen embryo transfer $1,300 hotel $2,200 flights
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is the owner and primary doctor at CNY. My retrieval and transfer was performed by another doctor in his practice. I had huge issues with that doctors. I didnt feel human and actually felt like I had to fight to get a fresh transfer that I was medically in line to do. ... Discussed my medical issues and together we decided that k was in fact a good candidate for a fresh transfer. The other doctor was the only doctor available to do the transfer. I eventually got a negative pregnancy test from that transfer. But I feel that Dr. Kiltz cared about my feeling and discussed the medical stand point with me. I feel that he truly cares about his patients and I would recommend him to anyone.
Cny is very busy. You have to proactive about your healthcare. But the nursing and travel team is easy to work with. They will fix their errors without making you feel subpar. They also keep the communication lines very fluid. If you dont understand something they are very easy to contact and get answers.. ... Justine throughly explained how to give myself injections and told me where to find videos and made her self available for any questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is the owner and primary doctor at CNY. My retrieval and transfer was performed by another doctor in his practice. I had huge issues with that doctors. I didnt feel human and actually felt like I had to fight to get a fresh transfer that I was medically in line to do. I was given Dr. Kiltz's cell phone number and I texted him and he called me back promptly. Discussed my medical issues and together we decided that k was in fact a good candidate for a fresh transfer. The other doctor was the only doctor available to do the transfer. I eventually got a negative pregnancy test from that transfer. But I feel that Dr. Kiltz cared about my feeling and discussed the medical stand point with me. I feel that he truly cares about his patients and I would recommend him to anyone.
Make sure you get to see him and not the other doctors at the Albany office.
Dr. Kiltz makes his self personally available to his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Justine Taylor)
3900 for a complete ivf package
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I failed to get results upload to the portal from my first set of CNY ordered blood tests.
Monroe

When she [Dr. Verdiales] and I first met she had read all of my documents. She was very happy for me to be there and very positive. She was extremely encouraging to a nearly overwhelming amount of encouragement when combined with other members of the team....She suggested a plethora of supplements from her shop which is attached. I’d been trying for 5 years and got pregnant on the first month using them. She also suggested platelet rich plasma before transfers to help reduce the risk of miscarriage.
[Dr. Verdiales] and all of the staff seem genuinely happy to be doing their job and to be helping people get affordable IVF at CNY in NY... Strengths: affordable, zen, cares about you making choices together not for you, natural minded IVF options, positive thinking, very nice facility Weaknesses: almost overwhelmingly positive at times, brand new clinic still working out the kinks because it is a travel clinic
How was your experience with Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center?
When she and I first met she had read all of my documents. She was very happy for me to be there and very positive. She was extremely encouraging to a nearly overwhelming amount of encouragement when combined with other members of the team. When I got pregnant she seemed just as elated as I was. When I had a miscarriage she was sorry but still extremely positive and forward thinking. Even though I found that somewhat annoying at the time I found in the long run that attitude helped me overcome the loss faster had others been dwelling on it as much as I was I wouldn’t be moving forward again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center?
Know what you want when you come in. Don’t come in expecting her to tell you what to do because she wants to work WITH you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center?
She has an excellent bedside manner. She and all of the staff seem genuinely happy to be doing their job and to be helping people get affordable IVF at CNY in NY (you have to travel to go there, they do monitoring and what not in Atl office).
Describe the protocols Maribelle Verdiales used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She and Dr Kiltz work together. She suggested a plethora of supplements from her shop which is attached. I’d been trying for 5 years and got pregnant on the first month using them. She also suggested platelet rich plasma before transfers to help reduce the risk of miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Also exceptionally positive. They keep the place spotless and not just spotless but zen. Many of them shared their own personal stories and were just very kind. I was very happy with them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: affordable, zen, cares about you making choices together not for you, natural minded IVF options, positive thinking, very nice facility Weaknesses: almost overwhelmingly positive at times, brand new clinic still working out the kinks because it is a travel clinic Overall I’ve found it to be an easy experience. When I arrived I already had a diagnosis and knew exactly what I was coming for and it’s been a breeze they couldn’t have made it easier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center.
I can’t remember the cost for my other appointments and ultrasounds but my IVF was $4700 for monitoring, retrieval, icsi, fresh transfer and freezing the rest plus first year of storage and they do in house financing
Describe Maribelle Verdiales's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
They are pro single transfer but if you’ve had losses or are over 35 they will work with you to consider how many are right for you.
Maribelle Verdiales
Monroe

my treatment was mostly managed by the amazing NP in Buffalo, Kris Ziegler. Dr. Kiltz was available to me to ask any additional questions I had during my cycle, and performed my frozen transfer. ... my "only" issue was stage IV endometriosis. I had excision surgery ... Based on my age, and number of embryos, my doctor strongly recommended a single embryo transfer. I did not want to risk a high-risk pregnancy, so I knew a single transfer was the right decision for m...
The nursing staff at CNY Buffalo is great. ... I never left an appointment without a clear idea of what I needed to do until the next appointment. ... There were a few times when appointments were running late especially after holidays ... It is a little inconvenient to travel to Syracuse for egg retrieval and transfer, but the care I received in the Buffalo office more than made up for that. ... The staff remembered me, and knew my story at each monitoring appointment.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I was a patient at the Buffalo office which meant my treatment was mostly managed by the amazing NP in Buffalo, Kris Ziegler. Dr. Kiltz was available to me to ask any additional questions I had during my cycle, and performed my frozen transfer.
Ask questions!
The staff at CNY's Buffalo office is fantastic. After my first visit, I was warmly greeted at each appointment by the receptionist without having to give my name. The staff remembered me, and knew my story at each monitoring appointment.
My blood tests indicated that my ovarian reserve was normal, and my "only" issue was stage IV endometriosis. I had excision surgery, and wanted to get pregnant as quickly as I could. IVF was that for me. I stimmed for 9 days using 300 units of gonal-F, and used cetrotide to prevent ovulation. I was on a few anti-inflammatory drugs as well (prednisone and LDN). I triggered with lupron due to my elevated estrogen at the time of trigger to prevent OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at CNY Buffalo is great. Bobbi did my blood draws and injection training and most appointments, and was very kind. I never left an appointment without a clear idea of what I needed to do until the next appointment.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The CNY Buffalo office is fantastic. Every person there will treat you with compassion. There were a few times when appointments were running late especially after holidays, but since I expected them to be extra busy after being closed for a day, I didn't really mind. It is a little inconvenient to travel to Syracuse for egg retrieval and transfer, but the care I received in the Buffalo office more than made up for that.
I was fortunate to have my monitoring appointments and testing covered by insurance. In addition to those appointments, I paid for IVF/ICSI/Embryo Freezing ($3900), FET ($250), and acupuncture at transfer ($70). In total I paid about $200 in copays over the course of my treatment. My meds were generally not covered by insurance, and I paid $2400 at Integrity pharmacy for my retrieval meds.
Based on my age, and number of embryos, my doctor strongly recommended a single embryo transfer. I did not want to risk a high-risk pregnancy, so I knew a single transfer was the right decision for me.

2019, Consult
Dr Kiltz is very upbeat and positive. He makes you feel as though you matter and he gives you 100% of his attention. He is very thorough. ... He has no age limit or BMI and does not turn anyone down. He believes everyone deserves the chance to become a parent. ... Dr kiltz gets very excited about the fertility field and sometimes he talks fast. Also do your research because he will use big terms that you may not be familiar with
My consult was over the phone as I live in florida. ... I have only spoke to them over the phone or on the online portal. They have all been helpful and are available at convenient times of day (including after hours and over the weekend) ... $4050 for 1 round of IVF. I paid in full however they do offer financing options. Medications and monitoring sonograms out of state were not included (medication cost was $3434 for 1 round of IVF including egg retrieval and storage for 1 year
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is very upbeat and positive. He makes you feel as though you matter and he gives you 100% of his attention. He is very thorough. I look at him as being a "fertility God". All of my friends and family that have seen him have had successful pregnancies. I have only had a consult but I have been following his chats on Facebook for a couple of years now. I will be undergoing egg retrieval at my next cycle.
Be prepared with your questions. Dr kiltz gets very excited about the fertility field and sometimes he talks fast. Also do your research because he will use big terms that you may not be familiar with
Dr Kiltz does live weekly chats where he takes questions from the audience and educates on possible causes and treatments. He gives out his personal cell phone number and is always available to help everyone in need of services. He has no age limit or BMI and does not turn anyone down. He believes everyone deserves the chance to become a parent. Other fertility clinics pick and choose which patients they are going to treat to ensure that their success rates will grow. Dr Kiltz allows equal opportunity to everyone.
I was ordered to have all of my bloodwork along with an HSG test prior to beginning my cycle. HSG test will show if there are any blockages within the fallopian tubes or if you have an irregular shaped uterus. All of my medications were ordered after my consult and were delivered within a couple of days. I am awaiting my menses at which time I will have a baseline sonogram. If all goes well I will then start my medications and begin monitoring sonograms. These sonograms will allow the dr to see how I am responding and adjust my dosages accordingly. Once my follicles reach a certain size I will fly to NY to see Dr kiltz for my egg retrieval. My viable eggs will then be fertilized. Within 3-5 days he will transfer 1 embryo into my uterus and the rest will be cryogenically frozen for later use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My consult was over the phone as I live in florida. However I've heard it is very spa like. Not like a medical facility. Very warm and welcoming. Huge. State of the art technology and utilizes eastern techniques for relaxation and blood flow such as acupuncture and massage
Syracuse

Dr Grossman came into the room before my retrieval and spent time talking to me and answering all of my questions. After the procedure was over he came back in to ask if I had any follow up questions. He was just as accommodating and kind when it came to the transfer procedure....He was able to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction. There were questions he wouldn't out right answer because they were decisions I had to make on my own but he helpful.
The clinic [CNY Fertility] is growing quickly and see women from all over the world because of the affordability they provide. At the moment the nurses are over worked. It is a must to be your own advocate and this clinic is no different....Dr Kiltz, is more concerned patients go home with a baby then over charging for medical assistance. He believes in a combination of eastern and western medicine and is willing to try cutting edge/emerging techniques if you bring him the research.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Grossman was funny and compassionate. He was able to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction. There were questions he wouldn't out right answer because they were decisions I had to make on my own but he helpful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He has a dry sense of humor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is growing quickly and see women from all over the world because of the affordability they provide. At the moment the nurses are over worked. It is a must to be your own advocate and this clinic is no different.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The primary strength of this clinic is the affordability. The clinic owner, Dr Kiltz, is more concerned patients go home with a baby then over charging for medical assistance. He believes in a combination of eastern and western medicine and is willing to try cutting edge/emerging techniques if you bring him the research. One of the weaknesses is that the clinic is growing very quickly and the staff has a hard time keeping track of everything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
$3900 for egg retrieval, icsi, anesthetic and fresh transfer; $150 for travel clients monitoring at home or $600 for monitoring at the clinic; $250 for frozen transfers. Medications cost will vary depending on protocol.
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
CNY as a whole strongly encourages only one embryo to be transferred at a time. They will make exceptions for women who have recurring miscarriages or who are older.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I asked to have two procedures done an intravenous infusion and an HCG wash. They only scheduled me for one of the procedures so I had to come back later in the day for them to do both procedures. It was frustrating but at least they were able to get it done the same day.
Michael Grossman
Latham

My consultation with Dr. Kiltz was a bit rocky. Again, the office is very busy, so he is pressed for time and I felt the call was a bit rushed/blunt. But once in Syracuse, my husband and I felt he spent quality time with us - he was warm and attentive. Just know, you are interacting the majority time with the nurse staff. Dr. Kiltz performed my retrieval and transfer.
The clinic [CNY Fertility] is very busy - they are successful and offer generous pricing, so this was expected. It was easy to get lost, no communication or missed medication orders, but I really feel that connecting with one particular nurse made the difference. ... I really appreciate the integration of Eastern Medicine, spa-like relaxed office, attention to immunology. ...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz really does care. Don't be overwhelmed by the keto recommendations, and build a relationship with a particular nurse.
The clinic is very busy - they are successful and offer generous pricing, so this was expected. It was easy to get lost, no communication or missed medication orders, but I really feel that connecting with one particular nurse made the difference. Once there, we were treated very well/warmly, and Dr. Kiltz spent quality time with us.
One key part of this process we really appreciated, and one of the main reasons we chose Dr. Kiltz and team, is their inclusion of the immunology protocol/medications. This was greatly appreciated! And of course, they always keep budget in mind. Besides the added immuno drugs, I was on the standard antagonist protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Justine)
My primary nurse, who I actually requested (was not assigned to), is no less than amazing! She would respond quickly, at all hours, always had great feedback and compassion - she is knowledgeable and quick to order medications, get forms signed, whatever is needed. If it weren't for her, my experience would have been very different. The rest of the nurse staff, while warm, was not responsive. I caught mistakes, and often had to manage my own care. They are a very busy office, not for the beginner, as expected.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The facility in Syracuse is lovely. I really appreciate the integration of Eastern Medicine, spa-like relaxed office, attention to immunology. You pretty much have to manage your own care (I was a travel patient), and it was tricky finding local coordinating care (especially when I had to continue with intralipid injections once home). But they do care about the patients and offer wonderful financial help.
I had to monitor locally (travel patient), so I organized my own local office and appointment times.
This is the biggest draw, so amazing! I was able to undergo IVF here for a fraction of the cost I have spent locally. And they try to work with your budget, even on medication recommendations. Plus, they offer wonderful packages. Much appreciated!
Dr. Kiltz likes Day 3 Fresh Transfers for mature women, like myself. We wanted to give this a try, after FETs. He did transfer 3 embryos in my case. I hear he is now transferring 2 at a time (based on feedback/restrictions). He allowed us to be involved in the decision - he recommended 2-3.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Again, they are very busy. Once I started working with one particular nurse, things went more smoothly. You just need to stay on top of appointments, medication orders, paperwork.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz does a lot for his patients. We have had multiple calls with him and they have tried their [CNY Fertility] best to help us out. We are from TX and it is difficult to arrange implantation and extraction, but they work with you every step of the way as much as they can. ... Dr. Kiltz also really recommends the Keto diet: his Keto diet is even stricter: eggs, bacon, beef and butter, which is supposed to help decrease inflammation.
The clinic offers many different avenues that many other clinics do not: accupuncture, yoga, lipid transfusions, which is unique and very cool if you live in NY to take advantage of all of these. Weaknesses may be that CNY sees alot of patients and patients who would like to really get the know the nurses/staff may not get this rapport at CNY. ... CNY offers such a great cost for IVF, which includes freezing embryos for up to 1 year for $3900, which does not include medications of course. In comparison, most other places offer IVF starting at $8,000 at least.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz does a lot for his patients. We have had multiple calls with him and they have tried their best to help us out. We are from TX and it is difficult to arrange implantation and extraction, but they work with you every step of the way as much as they can. They are big on atmosphere, and it feels like a Spa, not a medical clinic... in a good way. Welcoming and friendly.
Be realistic with your own expectations and what the potential outcomes could be. IVF is a gamble, simple as that... They are great, but there are chances multiple procedures could still not work.
Dr. Kiltz himself does a lot for patients. He wakes up early to take calls, stays late to take calls, and does extra things such as "fireside chats". At the office they are nice overall, however at times you can feel like a number as there are so many.
I used both injectibles, steroids to help decrease inflammation and many other medications to help decrease inflammation in general, especially abdominal inflammation. They also offer lipid infusions before implantation as well, which I did not do this past IVF, but may do in the future. CNY also offers accupuncture to help destress during implantation and retrieval, which I did do, and was stress-relieving. I had 2 implanted embryos, which were A graded embryos, but my IVF was not successful. Dr. Kiltz also really recommends the Keto diet: his Keto diet is even stricter: eggs, bacon, beef and butter, which is supposed to help decrease inflammation. I was not on the Keto diet during my first IVF implantation, but plan to Keto for my second.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff overall was very nice and understanding. It is a larger clinic, but for a larger clinic, the nurses and staff do a pretty good job welcoming people who come from all different states to have IVF performed at CNY.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a nice spa-like feel and this reflects Dr. Kiltz's belief in de-stressing and providing a relaxing environment to help with IVF and IUI. The clinic offers many different avenues that many other clinics do not: accupuncture, yoga, lipid transfusions, which is unique and very cool if you live in NY to take advantage of all of these. Weaknesses may be that CNY sees alot of patients and patients who would like to really get the know the nurses/staff may not get this rapport at CNY. But overall they do a great job for being such a big clinic and for the great price that they offer for IVF.
Dr. Kiltz allowed me to transfer 2 embryos. I am not sure if he allows some patients to transfer more than that, but he is very understanding regarding patients and their individual situation.
Syracuse

I have never had a doctor that I could personally text with concerns and have him call me back 10 minutes later. I am so grateful for his out of the box thinking and not being afraid to try new things. ... I also have autoimmune disease with lupus and known inflammation in my body. We decided on femara, follistim, iui with the immune protocol with intralipid infusions.
I go to the buffalo office [CNY Fertility] and everyone I have come in contact with are kind and compassionate. Kris the NP is wonderful, and listens to everything you have to say. I’ve always gotten a response to every message I send the same day. Carrie, RN has been doing my intralipid infusions and is so helpful. It’s hard for me to “let go” and not be in control of things, but the girls in Buffalo make it easy.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He does everything in his power to help you.
I’ve had two miscarriages and lost one son at birth due to birth defects and not having kidneys. I was originally going to go back to my original clinic (not CNY), but my doctor wanted me to go back on clomid with an IUI (how I got pregnant with my son.). Regardless of what caused my son’s birth defects, I was adamant about not going back on clomid, and my doctor was not listening to my concerns. I was dismissed and told I just “have bad luck.” I texted dr kiltz and he personally called me back ten minutes later to come up with a plan. He listened to my concerns and knowing I have lupus compiled a plan we both agreed on. We are now in our first cycle using injectables, iui and an immune protocol. I’m so grateful for dr kiltz, the buffalo office, and being able to start so quickly.
I have had two miscarriages and a son lost at birth to birth defects. I also have autoimmune disease with lupus and known inflammation in my body. We decided on femara, follistim, iui with the immune protocol with intralipid infusions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris, buffalo’s NP and Carrie an RN in buffalo are wonderful!)
I go to the buffalo office and everyone I have come in contact with are kind and compassionate. Kris the NP is wonderful, and listens to everything you have to say. I’ve always gotten a response to every message I send the same day. Carrie, RN has been doing my intralipid infusions and is so helpful. It’s hard for me to “let go” and not be in control of things, but the girls in Buffalo make it easy.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes awhile for an initial consult and it can get confusing if you don’t know who to call in the beginning. Once I met my treatment team and spoke to dr kiltz the plan was in place and in motion by the time my next cycle started.
Too early to know, I have not had to speak with finance yet.
We are currently doing iui
Hamburg (closed)

[Dr. Kiltz is] incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those...We have had 2 FET with Dr. Kiltz and both times we asked to transfer two embryos which he agreed to...is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
The [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc...We have spent around $10,000 including IVF, monitoring, medications, and FET which is significantly less than what we paid at our first clinic...Since CNY offers a low cost IVF cycle they are incredibly busy. I have found that the more active an advocate for myself the more feedback I get. They are always willing to answer my questions and to take the time to explain anything I might not understand. Although, this was our second round of IVF (first with CNY) I was already familiar with the general "process".
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very engaging and passionate. He listens and is willing to "think out of the box" with treatments. We found him after our first round of IVF resulted in zero live births. That clinic was unwilling to try different treatments or protocols for a FET. Dr. Kiltz adjusted my FET protocol after the first one failed.
He's incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those.
Dr. Kiltz is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
We did down regulation with BC followed by 9 days of stims. Included in CNY's low cost IVF cycle is ICSI which is part of the reason I believe we ended up with so many embryos (14 total).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc.
Syracuse

We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF...we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that...Be prepared for a LOT of energy--Dr. Kiltz runs on keto and coffee! Also, be prepared to try the keto diet/lifestyle...it truly has helped my husband and I...We did 3 different IUI cycles (none resulted in pregnancy). And we did one fresh embryo day 5 transfer, which at the moment I AM pregnant! The IVF they called a "mini" IVF because they didn't put as many medications into me.
The reception staff [at CNY Fertility Center] are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you...Well-oiled machine here. You may have to wait a couple hours, but they will try to get you in as soon as possible...just be patient (bring a book and fully-charged phone).
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF. Dr. Corley did my egg retrieval (Dr. Corley also did my HSG test) and then Dr. Kiltz we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that. Overall, I love BOTH Dr. Kiltz and Dr. Corley--you can't go wrong with either, honestly.
Everyone at the office is always kind and helpful (always willing to answer any questions) and take their time with you if you ask for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses at CNY Syracuse are amazing. Sometimes, they are very rushed though, so remember to have your questions ready to ask!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The reception staff are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you.
After reading about other clinics--this is the place to go if you want real affordable health care.
Dr. Kiltz recommended a single embryo transfer for us because of my age (I'm 29) and because it was my first ever transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
One time they changed my protocaol without me knowing (thankfully I logged into my portal)...they had forgotten to keep the prednisone on my list of meds to take, so I ended up calling them and they confirmed that I still needed to take the steroid. Also, a different time they ordered a medication with latex in it and I'm allergic to latex, so the pharmacy (Freedom Pharmacy) caught it and then the doctor had to approve a different meditation without latex.
Syracuse

Dr. Ditkoff discussed possible treatments before and after diagnostic testing. He gave me as much information about my chances with different treatment options as I think he could based on my results. We ended up deciding to try three cycles of IUI before moving on to IVF...his bedside manner could be better. He was dismissive of some of my questions, once actually rolling his eyes, which I’m sure he did not notice but I sure did. Something else I didn’t like was that he was rude to staff.
The clinic and staff [at CNY Fertility Center] is wonderful. The facility is very nice and comfortable. There is a spa attached that provides alternative treatments for fertility. Although I do not use the spa, I love how the spa-like environment spills over to the clinic...The nursing staff at CNY is amazing. They are so understanding and knowledgeable. They keep all of my info, which there is a lot of, up to date and organized in the patient portal. I really appreciated how one of the nurses went through and explained all of my test results to me.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Ditkoff is a great fertility doctor. I trust his professional opinion, however his bedside manner could be better. He was dismissive of some of my questions, once actually rolling his eyes, which I’m sure he did not notice but I sure did. Something else I didn’t like was that he was rude to staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Make a list of questions and follow up questions before meeting with him. He is on the blunt side so if you need a softer touch speak to the nurses who are great and can answer most of your questions about procedures and what to expect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
The doctor was a bit dismissive of some of my questions.
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic and staff is wonderful. The facility is very nice and comfortable. There is a spa attached that provides alternative treatments for fertility. Although I do not use the spa, I love how the spa-like environment spills over to the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
My insurance covered all diagnostics and medications. I paid around $450 per IUI procedure, not including monitoring.
Edward Ditkoff
Latham

I would tell prospective patients to not be afraid to speak up. Dr. Kiltz will listen to you and take into account your feelings and opinion. It is your body and he respects that. If you do not speak up he will continue to make the decisions he feels are best....My egg retrieval with Dr. kiltz was handled with caution as to not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome due to my Polycystic ovarian syndrome. He prescribed Gonal-F 150IU daily, hCG-LH 10IU daily, Z Pak, Prednisone 5mg twice daily
The clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr] is in a very convenient location off of the thruway. This clinic in the Syracuse area is absolutely beautiful inside. Very clean with modern day interior. I feel like I am going to a spa when I am there. There is relaxing music and the lights are kept low.... At this facility you only see the physicians when you do an egg retrieval or embryo transfer. It does seem they are so busy the doctors a a bit rushed. There is not a direct phone line to the facility location that you are a patient at.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Before meeting Dr. Kiltz I would watch his "fireside chats" that he has on facebook live every Sunday. I immediately gathered that he really cares about the work he is doing as most doctors do not give up an hour of their Sunday to answer questions from patients. When finally meeting Dr. Kiltz in person for my first embryo transfer he was very warm and pleasant. A right down to business kind of man. He seemed very confident and it comforted me how confident he was. The transfer that he did failed, but I believe it was not attributed to anything with Dr. Kiltz. My experience with his has been good, and I believe he puts his heart into making people's dreams come true.
I would tell prospective patients to not be afraid to speak up. Dr. Kiltz will listen to you and take into account your feelings and opinion. It is your body and he respects that. If you do not speak up he will continue to make the decisions he feels are best. Don't fear being judged or scolded, use your voice!
Interaction with the Nurse Practitioners in the facility is always pleasant and personal. At this facility you only see the physicians when you do an egg retrieval or embryo transfer. It does seem they are so busy the doctors a a bit rushed. There is not a direct phone line to the facility location that you are a patient at. Instead there is a call center in a neutral location so you can never get any of the physicians on the phone for questions. This leads to many communication breakdowns, and luckily I am a nurse so my knowledge keeps me afloat throughout this process.
My egg retrieval with Dr. kiltz was handled with caution as to not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome due to my Polycystic ovarian syndrome. He prescribed Gonal-F 150IU daily, hCG-LH 10IU daily, Z Pak, Prednisone 5mg twice daily, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg daily, Metformin 1500mg daily. I was on an auto-immune protocol so that is the reason for the antibiotic, steroid, and Naltrexone. The Metformin in for my PCOS. I triggered with Lupron to also avoid OHSS. This protocol did not stimulate my ovaries as hoped and only 8 eggs were retrieved, with 5 embryos being produced, and 2 embryos making it to blasts. I did a fresh embryo transfer after the retrieval, producing a chemical pregnancy. We transferred our last embryo 11 days ago, and I received the negative hCG today. My protocol for the frozen transfer was Estrace 2mg twice daily, Prednisone 10mg twice daily, LDN 3mg daily, Neupogen 60mcg daily, Aspirin 81mg daily, Prograf 0,5mg daily, Lovenox 60mg daily, Endometrin 300mg vaginal daily, Progesterone in oil 50mg IM daily. This transfer was not successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very busy, but they always take the time to answer any questions you have. The are very skilled in their areas of expertise such as trans-vaginal ultrasounds, lab draws, protocol explanation. The seem to understand that we are all going through incredibly difficult situations, and work to make a calm yet efficient environment to get the job done.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is in a very convenient location off of the thruway. This clinic in the Syracuse area is absolutely beautiful inside. Very clean with modern day interior. I feel like I am going to a spa when I am there. There is relaxing music and the lights are kept low. The waiting room can get very busy, but there is plenty of comfortable, private seating and multiple restrooms. The lobby has hot tea and reading material. I always feel very comfortable going to the clinic. The wellness/spa side of the clinic is in fact a full spa with all of the amenities. I would highly recommend utilizing the spa services during your treatments. Utilize everything they offer to calm yourself during this experience!
The egg retrieval is $3900, on site monitoring is $825. Fresh transfer is included and frozen transfer is $250 with $700 on site monitoring fee. Intralipid infusion $100+meds. hCG intrauterine wash per transfer $100+meds. All medications are a separate cost through a specialty pharmacy.
Due to my age and no previous failed transfers we only had the option of doing a single embryo transfer. I intend to push for a multiple embryo transfer if our next retrieval yields enough embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
With both my first and second failed embryo transfers I received a phone call saying it was negative and to stop all medications. If I wasn't a nurse and did not know better, you are not supposed to stop Prednisone or steroids "cold turkey". I just worry for patients who do not have this knowledge and may abruptly stop this medication. Another moment of miscommunication was with our first embryo transfer. The emryologist came into the room and showed us 5-5 day embryos that we had. She mentioned they would push 3 of them to day 6 and I asked that they freeze all as I would rather transfer down the road and give them a chance to grow in the uterus. Dr. kiltz agreed and told the embryologist "put them on ice". My husband and I were happy knowing we had 4 embryos left after this transfer. A couple days later i get a report in my patient portal that 3 embryos had been discarded due to not thriving as they would like, and we had one left. I panicked and emailed the embryologist. They replied stating I must have misunderstood Dr. Kiltz. I was devastated and felt like 3 of my children had just been "discarded".

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I feel he [Dr. Kiltz] was nice and optimistic when discussing fertility options. he greeted and said hello to my husband and others in the waiting area which I like that he took the time to do.... I think he gave me the best options that I was ready for right now, will most likely be moving on to more advanced treatment in the next couple months if we have no luck. I believe it will be easier to tell his involvement then as now there’s not a lot he can do with us trying the fertility medications along with monitoring.
Sometimes long wait times [at CNY] even for quick appointments like blood work. Which makes it difficult when trying to balance work and having an hour drive one way. You don’t see the doctor every time but the nurses seem very knowledgeable. Ive always gotten quick responses even over phone, even though wait time on phone can be long as well. One negative would be while I love the portal and the fact that they post your lab results I do wish there was a small description of what the results mean example like low, high or normal range.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Gather all of your questions for the consultation so he can give you the most informed options for you.
I feel he was nice and optimistic when discussing fertility options. he greeted and said hello to my husband and others in the waiting area which I like that he took the time to do.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses I’ve encountered for monitoring, blood work ultrasounds have been friendly and made the process easy and answered all questions I had while there.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Sometimes long wait times even for quick appointments like blood work. Which makes it difficult when trying to balance work and having an hour drive one way. You don’t see the doctor every time but the nurses seem very knowledgeable. Ive always gotten quick responses even over phone, even though wait time on phone can be long as well. One negative would be while I love the portal and the fact that they post your lab results I do wish there was a small description of what the results mean example like low, high or normal range. Otherwise your left to google the results and hope you come up with the right answer. I’d prefer either a description on the portal or a quick phone call letting me know the results.
Unfortunately our insurance doesn’t cover anything towards fertility or the testing. We haven’t gone to far in to the advanced treatments yet but they did offer a financial team to help if needed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Would just like the results of blood work each time not just posted in portal because it is hard to interpret without a description or chart of where levels should be

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge.... He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?"
The nursing staff [CNY] was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge. The whole experience was so posititve that we were really sad to here he didn't do OB and we had to find an OB after we were 12 weeks pregnant. He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?" He offers free yoga for fertility, free webinars and support groups, and even hosts a yearly event at our local zoo-for free! He really knows what he is doing. He is smart, caring, compassionate, and will do everything in his power to help you achieve your goals. It was a really great experience!
Sometimes he can get really excited about a new diet he is recommending or similar life style changes. Take it with a grain of salt and know he is just trying to help you succeed.
Dr Kiltz knew me by name and was interested in what was going on in my life. He took the time to get to know me and my partner and he treated me with compassion and kindness
I told him I didn't want to have a bunch of extra embryos after our first transfer and that I didn't want to be heavily medicated. He had the perfect solution. We did a very conservative IVF cycle with minimal medication and we got the outcome we desired. He knew exactly what to do and what I needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
very clean, welcoming, clinic. feels like you are entering a resort rather than a doctors office. The ambience is spot on with beautiful and comfortable furnishings and a nicebig fireplace. The staff are so kind and welcoming. They mkae you feel loved and respected and I highly recommend them!
The clinic is VERY busy so I didn't always have the best timed appointments, but fair enough. I usually had to wait a bit in the waiting room to be seen but they do their best to see you as quickly as possible.
between $8,000-$10,000 for one round of IUI and one round of fresh IvF cycle. The IVF is around $3,900 but the meds cost $2,000-$4,000.
I wouldn't say he had a strong preference for how many embryos transfered. With my age, he recommended two and we had twins! We were happy!
Syracuse

He [Dr. Grossman] was very kind to me and explained each step he was going to do. He remembered our phone consult and when I came back for my transfer!... He took the time to make sure I understood the procedures and risks that could appear. He didn’t seem to rush anything and answered all of my questions.He can have a dry sense of humour, which maybe people don’t like, but I found him funny and caring!
The clinic [CNY] is fabulous! Even the atmosphere when you walk in is so relaxing. They are very busy, so the only thing I find is you have to keep on top of everything. If you have a question or concern, email/call the nurses right away.... Nurses at the Albany office are great! I was so nervous going in a few times, but they make you feel so comfortable. Sheila Miller is one of the nurses I have really been keeping in touch with.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He was great! He took the time to make sure I understood the procedures and risks that could appear. He didn’t seem to rush anything and answered all of my questions.He can have a dry sense of humour, which maybe people don’t like, but I found him funny and caring! I am going back for a 5 day frozen transfer and hope to see him again!
Ask all the questions you may have.No matter how simple they are. He will make sure you understand and feel comfortable!
He was very kind to me and explained each step he was going to do. He remembered our phone consult and when I came back for my transfer!
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I seem to have used a pretty standard protocol for my egg retrieval. Menopur 75u & gonal 225u then added my cetrotide in and a double lupron trigger. I had 21 eggs retrieved, so I felt pretty confident it was a good cycle. I responded well to the medications and stimmed for 8 nights. After retrieval I felt okay as well, which is what I was hoping for!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses at the Albany office are great! I was so nervous going in a few times, but they make you feel so comfortable. Sheila Miller is one of the nurses I have really been keeping in touch with. She is amazing at getting back to my questions so fast and helping me along this journey!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is fabulous! Even the atmosphere when you walk in is so relaxing. They are very busy, so the only thing I find is you have to keep on top of everything. If you have a question or concern, email/call the nurses right away.
The cost is so reasonable. It of course is still expensive, but much more affordable than other clinics.
He explained the pros and cons of transferring one or two embryos. He didn’t seem to persuade my choice, just explained what he thought was best and let me decide.
Michael Grossman
Latham

Dr Kiltz was honest and knowledgeable. He was also very caring and willing to answer any questions you had. My experience was nothing but good.... I felt like a human because the Dr. gave me his personal phone number and also does online chats with his patients on topics important to fertility patients.... I talked to a few different doctors about this at CNY and they are all pro 1 egg at a time. It is safer for you and your baby. Less complications
Every nurse I met [at CNY] was always friendly and you get to know them because during retrieval’s you are there every other day... They are very organized, get you in exactly when necessary for treatment and are reasonably priced. I don’t have any weaknesses as my experience was wonderful. The staff are great and always willing to answer any questions you have.... The IVF cycle is $3,900 and then the meds were about $2,800
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz was honest and knowledgeable. He was also very caring and willing to answer any questions you had. My experience was nothing but good. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Take one day at a time. Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. Just have faith that it will work.
Started with letrezole and IUI at CNY after me trying clomid with my regular OB for months with no success. It was my choice to move on to IVF as soon as I did. Second egg transfer and I am pregnant! They encouraged frozen eggs because I have PCOS and you are inflamed after egg retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Every nurse I met was always friendly and you get to know them because during retrieval’s you are there every other day so they become like friends and truly care about you and are rooting for your success.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Loved everything about it. They are very organized, get you in exactly when necessary for treatment and are reasonably priced. I don’t have any weaknesses as my experience was wonderful. The staff are great and always willing to answer any questions you have. They even have 6am appointments so I was able to go before work so didn’t have to miss much work either.
The IVF cycle is $3,900 and then the meds were about $2,800 for retrieval. The first transfer is $250. After a year it goes to $1,000.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is very compassionate, patient and u understanding. He takes his time to make sure you are comfortable and all your concerns and questions are answered....For my IVF transfer I was on the immune protocol. This included prednisone for inflammation and prograf to help with implantation.... Due to fragmentation and fair quality, Dr Kiltz suggested transferring 2 embryos for my fresh transfer,
The clinic [CNY] is very clean, comfortable and the staff is great. I usually go first thing in the morning and get right in. On the occasions where I had a late morning or afternoon appointment, it was a very long wait. Some patients come very early for their appointment so that when they check-in, they are added on the list and therefore end up jumping ahead of other patients who are scheduled before them.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very compassionate, patient and u understanding. He takes his time to make sure you are comfortable and all your concerns and questions are answered. You can easily see the amount of love and passion he has for his profession and truly cares for his patients.
Dont be afraid to ask too many questions.
He has an incredible bedside manner, is full of compassion and positivity, and makes you feel very comfortable and at home.
For my IVF transfer I was on the immune protocol. This included prednisone for inflammation and prograf to help with implantation. Unfortunately the prograf did not agree with me (caused fevers) and I had to stop taking it. Unfortunately that transfer did fail. I have one embryo left and will be doing a FET, but we have not discussed protocol yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses I have seen were amazing. Very personable, compassionate and knowledgeable. I also would use the patient portal when I didnt have time to call or after hours and always received a quick response. They are a great team at CNY
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean, comfortable and the staff is great. I usually go first thing in the morning and get right in. On the occasions where I had a late morning or afternoon appointment, it was a very long wait. Some patients come very early for their appointment so that when they check-in, they are added on the list and therefore end up jumping ahead of other patients who are scheduled before them. I feel there should be a better system to prevent this from happening.
Monitoring costs such as bloodwork and ultrasounds during my cycles. HSG Xray, Hysteroscopy and IUI. My insurance does not cover IVF, so I was able to use CNY's payment plan for that. It is a monthly payment automatically deducted from your credit or debit card. You choose the length of the loan.
Due to fragmentation and fair quality, Dr Kiltz suggested transferring 2 embryos for my fresh transfer, hoping that we would have a better success rate.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz sees many patients so it is not always easy to get time with him. However when it’s very important he makes time. I see the nurses every visit and if I can’t communicate with him directly I can do so through the nursing staff...prepared to take a lot of initiative on their own...For my current cycle we are priming with estrogen, testosterone and Omnitrope and doing a Lupron microdose protocol...makes personal phone calls to patients. He also offers his personal cell phone number. When things don’t go as hoped, he is compassionate and eager to make changes to protocol to improve results next time.
Because it is low-cost [at CNY], we are able to do more cycles which gives us a better chance at a successful pregnancy. Conversely it is very busy with numerous patients and you won’t get the same degree of handholding that you would at other clinics...Niccole [nurse] has been my rock in this process, even though she is currently back in school she always makes time to communicate with me either through the patient portal or via phone call. She is also a great liaison with the doctor staff.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I would tell them to not expect a lot of handholding and that they should be prepared to take a lot of initiative on their own.
Dr. kilts, despite treating thousands of patients, makes personal phone calls to patients. He also offers his personal cell phone number. When things don’t go as hoped, he is compassionate and eager to make changes to protocol to improve results next time.
Initially I was started on a high dose protocol, 450 gonal and 150 menopur. I also primed with Omnitrope before beginning my cycle. This protocol resulted in cancellation due to poor response. The next cycle we went with 150 gonal/75 menopur and four follicles were retrieved. Two were mature, and only one fertilized which was frozen at day three. For my current cycle we are priming with estrogen, testosterone and Omnitrope and doing a Lupron microdose protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Niccole Davey)
Niccole has been my rock in this process, even though she is currently back in school she always makes time to communicate with me either through the patient portal or via phone call. She is also a great liaison with the doctor staff.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Because it is low-cost, we are able to do more cycles which gives us a better chance at a successful pregnancy. Conversely it is very busy with numerous patients and you won’t get the same degree of handholding that you would at other clinics.
$3900 per ivf cycle
CNY encourages single embryo transfer, however with women over 40 they are open to multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I always try to coordinate with one nurse, because sometimes different members of the nursing staff will give different information.
Latham

This cycle I was literally crying in the the office and [Dr. Kiltz] came in to give me a pep talk and push me through. He was so kind and understanding during such a vulnerable moment for me. Meant a lot to me...I have only met Dr K once and it was when I needed Him the most...Second cycle started similar to the first Femara for a few days, then we switched to Gonal and Cetrotide due to my reoccurring lining issues. We ended up doing and IUI this cycle and the result is still pending :)
All the nurses at the CNY buffalo are extremely nice and compassionate...I absolutely love this clinic and feel like this is the right fit for me. I do Not love talking to the “main” number. I wish I could easily call the Buffalo clinic where they know me personally. I Do like that each cycle if something isn’t working we move onto something else. It’s also nice to have the patient portal and it’s good to see test results right away. Also having your instructions for medicines is nice to have on the patient portal.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have only met Dr K once and it was when I needed Him the most. I was having a horrible week with work and PCOS just makes you emotional haha. I was Starting to lose hope and cried my eyes out at my appointment. The nurses called him in and he gave me a really good “get back on the horse” pep talk. I know He was probably busy but I appreciated he took the time to talk to me.
This cycle I was literally crying in the the office and Dr K came in to give me a pep talk and push me through. He was so kind and understanding during such a vulnerable moment for me. Meant a lot to me.
So far it’s been 2 cycles at CNY first cycle we started with the Femara, then Gonal injections. I ended up with 2 follicles but had issues with my lining. First cycle ended with trigger shot and times intercourse. Which resulted with a negative pregnancy test. Second cycle started similar to the first Femara for a few days, then we switched to Gonal and Cetrotide due to my reoccurring lining issues. We ended up doing and IUI this cycle and the result is still pending :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Z)
All the nurses at the CNY buffalo are extremely nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$40 per office visit which included bloodwork and ultrasound. Medicine is covered only if For timed intercourse $450 for IUI and medicine was not covered
Hamburg (closed)

Dr. Kiltz was amazing. He responded promptly and was encouraging. I called his cell phone once accidentally and he insisted I talk to him about my concern which was meant for nursing. He made me feel hopeful.... I was prescribed gonal f, menopur and cetrotide with IUI. I am 41 years old and my egg reserve is low. The gonal f stimulates you to produce eggs. Menopur helps them mature. Cetrotide prevents ovulation until you have IUI.
Appointment scheduling [at CNY] is very flexible. Sometimes you wait a long time. Once you complete your new patient appointment things get better. It's tough waiting to get in for your first appointment. I think it would help if they would triage by age for new patients. I was 39 when I first called and wasn't seen until 6-9 months later.... Marnie was direct, compassionate and knowledgeable. It made a huge difference seeing one specific nurse each time.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz treated my best friend and he changed her life. My friend encouraged me not to give up and that was very encouraging. Her story is amazing. Dr. Kiltz is very personable and positive in his interactions with patients. He was always kind to me and helped me to feel hopeful. I am hoping to move onto IVF next and fulfill our dream of having a baby. Because I am a healthcare practitioner myself, I feel I am in a unique position to help others. I highly recommend Dr. Kiltz to anyone experiencing infertility.
Hang in there, he keeps his promises.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marnie Pierce)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Appointment scheduling is very flexible. Sometimes you wait a long time. Once you complete your new patient appointment things get better. It's tough waiting to get in for your first appointment. I think it would help if they would triage by age for new patients. I was 39 when I first called and wasn't seen until 6-9 months later.
My insurance is terrible and doesn't cover anything. I spent nearly 20,000 for the three cycles of IUI that I completed. I was devastated that I was not successful. My company has a self funded insurance plan and unfortunately will not implement the changes required by NYS healthcare law mandating coverage of 3 IVF cycles. I am hopeful I will qualify for the IVF grant. This would make IVF possible for my husband and I.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Just a couple of mix ups with prescriptions, at the pharmacy level. Also never got prior authorization for a couple of my meds.
Syracuse

It may be hard for him [Dr. Kiltz] to have one on one contact with each patient besides the actual procedure. ... I had a basic protocol that everyone gets. ... My husband has male factor infertility so we both had retrieval in Syracuse, NY. My husband had a TESA and I had a normal retrieval. They had to do ICSI as my husband infertility is severe. We got 11 eggs from me and only 8 were mature. ... I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice.
I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice. They [CNY Fertility] did ask me how many I wanted to transfer. We plan on transfer the other two during our FET but right now we are unsure if we will be approved. They do look at your medical history and the reason for wanting multiple before agreeing to it. ... During the monitoring appointment it was mostly with the nurses I dealt with. You have to be prepared to somewhat feel like a number when you are setting things up but when you are in direct contact with the nurses they are very warm and will answer all your random questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is amazing, with a lot of aspects. It may be hard for him to have one on one contact with each patient besides the actual procedure. He does his best to text everyone back even if you are under another doctor at the clinic and each week he gets on his Facebook or Instagram and answer as many questions as he can. In person he is very sweet and shows he really cares about you.
Give him some time to get back to you. You have to put into consideration that they are the lowest cost with no restrictions and he has a lot of people contacting him and he will get back to you as soon as he can. You may not get the one on one experience but he will do his best to give you as much information as possible and he does have lives that he answers questions each week.
During the monitoring appointment it was mostly with the nurses I dealt with. You have to be prepared to somewhat feel like a number when you are setting things up but when you are in direct contact with the nurses they are very warm and will answer all your random questions. When I went in for my retrieval all the nurses and doctors were welcoming and informative. They took the time and didn't make you feel rushed when you were asking questions or when they would explains things to you.
I had a basic protocol that everyone gets. We get a list of medications to start with and you get a nurse to keep in contact closer to the retrieval. I was monitoring locally in my town and they would send the information needed to the clinic. I would keep in contact with the nurses. My husband has male factor infertility so we both had retrieval in Syracuse, NY. My husband had a TESA and I had a normal retrieval. They had to do ICSI as my husband infertility is severe. We got 11 eggs from me and only 8 were mature. Day 3 we only had 3 so we transferred 1 that resulted in a negative beta, and cyro-persevered the other 2.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are amazing! The only thing to remember as you don't just get one nurse and the online system doesn't allow you to reply to the message you some times get a new nurse responding to a chain of messages back and forth so sometimes you get different response. You just have to gently remind them what is going on. But they are all doing there best, so be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The price is amazing, the fact they don't have restrictions is amazing and even with those two things considered they are amazing in a whole. They are so caring and offer so much more than infertility treatments. They have Facebook support groups for mental health, food help, body and just overall everything to do with infertility. If you go to there Facebook page you will see that they go live multiple times a day to help out whatever way they can during this pandemic.
$3900 for IVF retrieval which included ICSI, Fresh Transfer and storage up to a year. $450 for a FET within a year of treatment $150 monitoring fee for distance patients $1100 for husband TESA Travel and medication cost would be different for each person. You have to do your research and find the best price pharmacy and hotel, if your coming in from out of town.
I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice. They did ask me how many I wanted to transfer. We plan on transfer the other two during our FET but right now we are unsure if we will be approved. They do look at your medical history and the reason for wanting multiple before agreeing to it.
Syracuse
Dr. Kiltz treated us like normal people having a conversation. He was focused and efficient (which I appreciated) while still making us feel comfortable and at ease...Within our first two appointments with Dr. Kiltz, he and his amazing staff found an error that wasn’t caught the year before. Our explained infertility became a male factor. Which led to further testing. I can’t thank CNY enough for locating a result that was missed for an entire year. He has given us our hope back and we can’t wait to continue this journey with him guiding us. We trust him completely.
The space [at CNY Fertility] was clean, calming and had an inviting atmosphere. It almost felt like I was on vacation at a spa. Every member of the staff was kind and compassionate towards us. I enjoyed the selection of books to read while in the waiting room and the beautiful consultation room...I was worried that I’d be another “number” with such a large patient population. I have never felt that way. Dr. Kiltz treated us like normal people having a conversation. He was focused and efficient (which I appreciated) while still making us feel comfortable and at ease.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We came to CNY with an open mind and an unexplained diagnosis. Every cycle we had with our other doctor yielded great follicles, but no little miracle. We started to become stressed and anxious. Nothing indicated a reason why we weren’t conceiving. Within our first two appointments with Dr. Kiltz, he and his amazing staff found an error that wasn’t caught the year before. Our explained infertility became a male factor. Which led to further testing. I can’t thank CNY enough for locating a result that was missed for an entire year. He has given us our hope back and we can’t wait to continue this journey with him guiding us. We trust him completely.
The wait time for a consultation is worth it.
During our consultation, Dr. Kiltz ordered all the blood work and did a transvaginal ultrasound that day. He discovered a natural mature follicle and asked us where we wanted to go from there. He was patient and gave us advice when we asked. He never pushed us to make a decision we weren’t ready to make. We decided to come back the next day to do an IUI. That’s when we discovered our male factor situation. The office immediately set up a consultation with a Urologist and have been in contact with us as we work our way through this new pathway.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marlee)
Marlee is everything I hoped for in someone who is walking alongside us during this journey. She is kind, funny, caring and extremely knowledgeable. When we first realized the year long error of another office, Marlee was beyond compassionate. I felt like she was a close friend who was going through the emotions with us. Every time I have called or emailed, she has responded promptly and seemed to remember everything from the last visit with ease. I feel extremely fortunate to have Marlee as our nurse for our extremely rare and unexpected journey.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The space was clean, calming and had an inviting atmosphere. It almost felt like I was on vacation at a spa. Every member of the staff was kind and compassionate towards us. I enjoyed the selection of books to read while in the waiting room and the beautiful consultation room.
Currently our costs are limited.
Rochester
Dr Kiltz is intense. Extremely passionate about his job, uses foul language (which I appreciate) and is extremely knowledgeable. He enjoys educating as well as providing treatment and that is so important. I love that he wants to heal our bodies and not only though Western medicine. He isn't using IVF as a bandaid, he tries to fix why we aren't getting pregnant in the first place, but is honest when a lesser invasive treatment isn't a good option.
The atmosphere is amazing, it's like a spa rather than a doctors office. They [CNY Fertility] are so high volume they may need a way to see more patients a day with less of a wait time in the lobby. That is where I feel the most anxiety.... although I am one of many being treated at CNY, I do not feel like I am being bearded like cattle or unimportant.... The people who answer the phones tend to be rushed and not very kind. Frankly they are intimidating.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He can be intense so prepare for that.
While there practice is extremely high volume and I don't expect Kiltz to remember me specifically every time he sees me, he is very passionate about his role and respects that everyone is an individual and is different, although I am one of many being treated at CNY, I do not feel like I am being bearded like cattle or unimportant.
So far I've only had a salpingectomy. It's very scary removing something so vital in making a baby, but in my case it needed to be done for my best chance of IVF success and why that is was explained to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace Michel )
I absolutely love Grace. She is kind and encouraging. The people who answer the phones tend to be rushed and not very kind. Frankly they are intimidating.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The atmosphere is amazing, it's like a spa rather than a doctors office. They are so high volume they may need a way to see more patients a day with less of a wait time in the lobby. That is where I feel the most anxiety.
We are self pay because we have Tricare so our costs before PGS testing and not including our meds will be $4,500.
I think eSET is the best choice in a lot of circumstances. Transferring more embryos doesn't always mean you have a better chance of a safe pregnancy and live birth.
Syracuse
He [Dr. Kiltz] a great dr. I appreciate him. I wish he didnt base everything off my age which made me want to seek other care but he is affordable so i continue to stay. I want my sitaution taken care of as an individual and not oh your young so your fine when plenty of drs say otherwise. And i have proof to show I'm doing ivf for a reason not by choice.... He recommended 2 embryos during consultation then changed to 1 when i got there. And he now doesnt agree to do more than 1 because im young.
While they [CNY] are on top of things. You must keep track and stay on top yourself as they have so many patients flowing in. I love the nurses compassion and thouroughness.... Egg retrieval was 3900.00. Very affordable. Each transfer is 250$. And my meds for retrieval and transfer came to 3000$.... He [Dr. Kiltz] a great dr. I appreciate him. I wish he didnt base everything off my age which made me want to seek other care but he is affordable so i continue to stay.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He a great dr. I appreciate him. I wish he didnt base everything off my age which made me want to seek other care but he is affordable so i continue to stay. I want my sitaution taken care of as an individual and not oh your young so your fine when plenty of drs say otherwise. And i have proof to show I'm doing ivf for a reason not by choice.
Make sure you feel your needs and care are being met in any way shape or form.
Everything was based off my age rather than my diagnosis and situation.
I used gonal f 350iu, cetrotide, lupron for trigger shot, and many more others for retrieval. I use prograf, estrogen, prenantals, baby aspirin, prednisone, progesterone in oil, endometrin, zpak, cleocin, low dose naltrexone for transfer. My first transfer failed using best embryo graded and now on to my 2nd transfer. Each transfer contains 1 embryo only.
Excellent
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
While they are on top of things. You must keep track and stay on top yourself as they have so many patients flowing in. I love the nurses compassion and thouroughness. The Dr seem good but they coyld be more concerning and caring towards individual needs and situations vs the outside look of things.
He recommended 2 embryos during consultation then changed to 1 when i got there. And he now doesnt agree to do more than 1 because im young. I feel 2 embryos gives me a better chance as per my sitaution and diagnosis.