835 Hopkins Rd
Rochester, NY 14610‎
195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

When you try to ask questions, [Dr. Robert Kiltz] just replies with “the nurses will go over all this information with you”, so that is a little frustrating. He pushes his Keto diet VERY HARD, and I felt like I didn’t have a choice but to follow that diet, and that created more stress...I had a salad the previous day, and he said to me, “lettuce will kill babies, do not eat that!” I was terrified!
With the very first cycle, everything was amazing! The travel nurses were very informative and kept me updated on what was happening and called me with results quickly! As my failed cycles went on, I felt like I was “forgotten”, and I had to keep calling the nurses and asking for my results and directions as to what I should do...unfortunately because of all of that miscommunication. I had to cancel my cycle before I could even really start because I wasn’t taking the correct medication.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is VERY INTENSE. He truly wants to help you get pregnant and start a family, and that is amazing. He is very knowledgeable, and sometimes it is hard to follow him because he trows A LOT of medical terminology at you and talks very fast, making it hard to understand. When you try to ask questions, he just replies with “the nurses will go over all this information with you”, so that is a little frustrating. He pushes his Keto diet VERY HARD, and I felt like I didn’t have a choice but to follow that diet, and that created more stress for me because I was/am so hard on myself because I haven’t gotten pregnant yet, so every time I “cheat” on keto, he makes me feel like that’s why I’m not pregnant. The day of my egg retreaval, as I was laying on the operating table, he was asking me how my keto was going and I had told him good and that I had a salad the previous day, and he said to me, “lettuce will kill babies, do not eat that!” I was terrified! When I am in the clinic, Dr Kiltz is very nice, for the short time I see him, and always says “God Bless” as he leaves the room, and I do love that. I’m not sure if I would choose to see him again, because he is so intense, I would rather see a different doctor in his practice, Dr Corley!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Take a lot of notes, because he talks very fast! Try to not be offended when he talks about his “Kiltz’s Keto”.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
With the very first cycle, everything was amazing! The travel nurses were very informative and kept me updated on what was happening and called me with results quickly! As my failed cycles went on, I felt like I was “forgotten”, and I had to keep calling the nurses and asking for my results and directions as to what I should do, they were making it very stressful. You have to talk to a different nurse every time you call, making it hard for them to have a good relationship with you.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He always used his immune protocol do decrease possible inflammation. The medications we used for almost every cycle were: Prednisone, Low dose aspirin, LDN, Intralipid Infusions once a week prior to and after transfer, estradiol. And KETO. Unfortunately I have never been pregnant, I did have 1 chemical pregnancy, but zero success. He isn’t sure why I am not getting pregnant, and has labeled it “unexplained infertility”.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The travel team is very uninformative. I had to keep calling them to get my test results, and that made things very stressful. And every time you call you speak to a different travel nurse, and have to wait for them to go through your entire chart before they can help you, making it very frustrating. I finally asked if I could have one nurse please take care of me because I was getting misinformed and getting wrong medication dosage by multiple nurses. On one occasion, three different nurses told me three different ways to take a medication. I finally got connected with a nurse named, Kristine K, and she is truly AMAZING! She is A part of the travel team and it is so sweet and truly cares about you. So when I call now to speak to a nurse I specifically asked for her and I don’t mind waiting on hold until I can speak with her, because I know I can trust her and she will tell me the correct information, and advocate for me to Dr. Kiltz. I love her and she really does care about me and want me to get pregnant! When I go to the clinic to have my transfers, I always get a nurse name Ashley (I do not remember her last name, but she has tattoos down her arm and dark hair and very pretty), and she is a rockstar when I am there! She is very down to earth and wants the best for us and does not mess around with treatment!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I am a travel client, so the only time that I go to the clinic is for the egg retrieval and transfers. When we first arrived the clinic feels like a spa! It is literally beautiful and very welcoming! I felt very relaxed while I was there and never nervous. The very first time we were there we got to walk down the hall where the embryologists were working, that was very interesting and nice knowing where my embryos were going. I have done acupuncture a few times before and after my transfer, and it was truly relaxing, I highly recommend doing that. Every single person at the clinic that I encountered was very polite, always smiling, and excited that you were there!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I am a travel client, so on day one of my menstrual, I would call CNY And let them know I had started, and then they would upload a order to my patient portal for me to schedule my ultrasound and lab work. The facility where I got my ultrasound at got me in immediately and treated me like a STAT patient. (kudos to Fulton County Health Center in Wauseon Ohio!) I would have to get my lab work done at Toledo Hospital, due to it needing STAT results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
The initial phone consultation/interview was free with Dr. Kiltz. Once I completed all of my deemed testing prior to doing IVF, then I could order medications for egg retrieval. I choose to pay in full for my Single Cycle IVF with out of town monitoring, and that was $4,050.00, that included one egg retrieval, anesthesia, assisted hatching, embryo storage for one year from retrieval, and one fresh embryo transfer. Every frozen transfer after that was $450 plus $150 monitor fee for the nurses, totaling $600 each time I did a frozen transfer. But those prices are only good for one year from me signing my contract with them in September 2019. I do know that their prices have increased since then, but I do not know those prices, as I still have one frozen embryo left. I did get my initial medications for egg retrieval from integrity pharmacy, that CNY recommended, and that total was $3085.71. Every frozen transfer was a little different, and I was able to get those medications from my local pharmacy for the immune protocol.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
He will only do 1 embryo transfer, and states it is a standard. My third transfer, he did agree to transfer 2 embryos, and unfortunately that didn’t work either. He believes that it doesn’t increase your chances of getting pregnant by increasing the number of embryos transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The travel nurses are not good at communicating instructions, and sometimes they do not call with my lab and ultrasound results, so I have to call them and get them and speak to multiple nurses to get the information. They are supposed to call you that day after you get your lab and ultrasound, I should never have to call into them, they should be contacting me. One day three different nurses told me three different ways to take a medication, until I demanded to talk to my travel nurse that I prefer, Kristine K, and she told me that something was wrong and that she needed to call Dr. Kiltz himself to figure out what to do next. And unfortunately because of all of that miscommunication. I had to cancel my cycle before I could even really start because I wasn’t taking the correct medication.
Syracuse

I have only spoken to Dr. Kiltz once on the phone...The call was early in the morning (7 or 7:15) and he was exactly on time, which was impressive...He was friendly and knowledgable. He was compassionate, but didn't really ask me too much about my history or seem to have reviewed my file...Expect to hear about keto, the bebbi diet, Kiltz's keto, and that plants are out to kill us...I'd also say that he seems to be super dedicated to his work and is very passionate.
Sometimes I felt kind of lost [at CNY Fertility Center], like I was getting different information from each person I spoke with, like no one had reviewed my file before seeing me...I've only seen a doctor three times, and I really don't know who my doctor is...Everyone at the clinic is very kind. Some are friendlier and more personable than others, but all were very nice, and all seemed knowledgeable... They make a lot of people's dreams reality, so that's a strength.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have only spoken to Dr. Kiltz once on the phone. I had a follow up call with him after several failed IUIs and before going to IVF. The call was early in the morning (7 or 7:15) and he was exactly on time, which was impressive. The call was good, and he agreed that IVF was a good next step. He was friendly and knowledgable. He was compassionate, but didn't really ask me too much about my history or seem to have reviewed my file. He spent a good portion of the call talking about the keto diet and that plants are killers. You can tell that he really cares about his patients and is passionate about what he does. I feel like there are some people who are lucky to see him often and get to know him, and then there are others who only interact with him once, if at all.
Expect to hear about keto, the bebbi diet, Kiltz's keto, and that plants are out to kill us. I'd also say that he seems to be super dedicated to his work and is very passionate. He regularly gives out his cell phone number, he does weekly fb/instagram live videos (daily during COVID19 pandemic), he starts his calls early in the morning. He must always be working! I wonder when he sleeps!
I selected that my care has been under two doctors, but I've only seen a doctor three times, and I really don't know who my doctor is. I had my initial consult with a PA who I have spoken to once since, I had a follow up call before going to IVP with Dr. Kiltz and he signs most of my prescriptions, and my HSG and egg retrieval were with Dr. Corley. Every other phone call and appointment was with a nurse...practically a different nurse each time. Sometimes I felt kind of lost, like I was getting different information from each person I spoke with, like no one had reviewed my file before seeing me. I really had to do a lot of my own homework and followup. I feel like my first egg retrieval was a real learning experience, so I'm eager to go into the second retrieval now that I know what to expect and what to do.
I first planned to do three IUIs then move to IVF. My IUI cycles included a z-pak, prednisone, letrozol, ovidrel, and endometrin. I did not have any adverse reactions to the medication. I think I produced 1-3 follicles. The third IUI changed to a timed intercourse cycle, as my bloodwork indicated that I had either just ovulated or was about to. They said I could have still done the IUI, but there was an increased chance that the timing would be off. For IVF, I started with a z-pak and prednisone, and stimmed with compound HCG and Follistim. I then used cetrotide and triggered with leuprolide acetate. I was supposed to trigger with HCG as well, but there was an error with the script and I never got it. I didn't realize I was supposed to have it. Apparently it wasn't signed and CVS Specialty sent it back to the clinic for signature, but never got it. Only four eggs were retrieved, 2 matured, and 1 fertilized and made it to blast. Genetic testing indicated it was abnormal. I'm waiting for my second retrieval and the meds I have this time are follistim and menopur to stim, then cetrotide, followed by HCG and leuprolide acetate to trigger. During a follow up call with a nurse, she said that I responded as though I have a low ovarian reserve, even though my blood work does not indicate that. This was the protocol that she designed...I believe she called it the 450/150 protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone at the clinic is very kind. Some are friendlier and more personable than others, but all were very nice, and all seemed knowledgeable. I have seen a lot of nurses at the clinic and have spoken to many different nurses on the phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Fertility sees a lot of people, and is willing to try unconventional things to help people become parents. There can be a significant wait time to get your consultation, but once you're in, it's pretty quick to schedule all appointments and procedures to get moving. They make a lot of people's dreams reality, so that's a strength. I like that they have and encourage yoga, meditation, and acupuncture. Unfortunately many people feel like just a number there...probably a bi-product of seeing so many people. I'm considered a travel patient, even though I only live an hour away. I don't really know who my assigned doctor is, and I speak to/see someone different almost every time I'm there, call, or message through the portal. I imagine that local, non-travel patients may have a different experience. It's VERY important to stay on top of everything, so that no balls are dropped. Do your research, follow up, ask questions. There was an error filling one of my scripts for my egg retrieval and I didn't know that I was missing one of my triggers. There were so many back and forths with the clinic and my pharmacy that I didn't realize that something was missing. Then, leading up to my retrieval every appointment started with "so, we're doing an IUI?", to which I responded "no, IVF." Not sure how that wasn't in my file and why no one knew that. Made me extra nervous. They're really the only clinic around, and I can't afford to travel elsewhere. They seem to get results and overall I've had a very pleasant experience there. Everyone is very nice, the clinic is clean, modern, and they take care of you well and make sure you're comfortable. I'd recommend it as long as you know to stay on top of things and advocate for yourself. Eager to start my next round and still hoping for my rainbow baby.
I'm still waiting for some billing to come through. My insurance covered my IUIs, so I only had to pay two copays at each visit, one for the appointment and one for bloodwork. My medications for my three IUIs cost several hundred dollars. Since I live in NY and work for a company with more than 100 staff, my IVF cycles are now partially covered. Unfortunately they do not cover the techniques used to fertilize the eggs (assisted hatching and something else that escapes me at the moment) and I believe that will cost $1000. It was $700 for the embryologist to sample the blastocyst, and I believe another $700 for the genetic testing (would be higher if I had more than one embryo). I have not gotten a bill from CNY for the fertilization and the embryologist. My medications have probably cost around $1,000. I need to follow up with the financial team to make sure that my next retrieval is covered. Dr. Kiltz mentioned last night in his fb live video that some insurances are tricky with what they mean by three rounds. If it is not covered, then I will have to go to out of pocket pay with a financed payment plan, and I believe that is around $5,000. I know that I am fortunate to have insurance cover a lot of this, but it is still more than what my husband and I can really afford to pay at this time.
I have not gotten to transfer yet. I have one frozen day 5/6 embryo that came back as abnormal after genetic testing. Eager to have my second retrieval and will hopefully get more embryos and move to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
One of my prescriptions for one of my triggers for my egg retrieval was called in, but apparently was not signed. I didn't realize I was missing medication until my last appointment before the retrieval when the nurse came in to give me my instructions. CVS Specialty said they received an unsigned script and sent it back with a request for signature but never got it. I was never notified. Thankfully they adjusted on the fly and I was able to trigger with just the leuprolide acetate. Not sure if that had anything to do with only getting four eggs or not. After my retrieval I had a call with an NP out of their Buffalo office to discuss next steps. It was a wonderful call and I felt confident moving forward. Plan was to prime for 60 days with omnitrope, then go into another retrieval. The NP told me to message her the month before my next retrieval month to schedule an ultrasound and bloodwork on day 20/21. She said that she might want to have me start some additional meds to prep. This was last month, as COVID19 was shutting down clinics. I read on the clinic's page and heard in Dr. Kiltz's live videos that they were not starting new cycles. So I messaged the NP and asked her what to do about the CD 20/21 u/s and bloodwork...asked if COVID was impacting the clinic. She said they were not stopping and to call to schedule my appointment. I called Syracuse the next day. The nurse I spoke to was shocked and didn't know why I was given that information. They were not scheduling those appointments or starting new cycles, like I had read on their site. She said that it's okay to keep priming for another 30 days. I felt deflated and disappointed to have to press pause on this journey. It lowered my confidence in the NP and made me feel like I don't know where to turn to get accurate information that is specific to my case.
Syracuse

[Dr. Grossman is] big on the autoimmune protocol, which was great for me because I have Hashimotos. So they had me on things like low dose naltrexone and prednisone, through our egg retrievals and transfer. They also had me on prograf and lovenox for our frozen embryo transfer, on top of the normal meds...made sure we never had any questions before any procedure. He was nice and straight forward. He was our doctor for our two egg retrievals and one frozen embryo transfer. Procedures were quick but went well.
The advice I’d give all CNY patients is to be your own advocate and join the CNY fb group. Because CNY is a low cost clinic, they don’t hold your hand through every step. The doctors, like Dr Grossman, are available for consults but, for the most part, they just perform the main procedures and leave the rest to the nurses...As a travel patient, we dealt mostly with the nurses on the travel team. They were all wonderful and got back to us quickly. They answered all our questions in a timely manner and were very organized.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Grossman made sure we never had any questions before any procedure. He was nice and straight forward. He was our doctor for our two egg retrievals and one frozen embryo transfer. Procedures were quick but went well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Grossman
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr Grossman and CNY are big on the autoimmune protocol, which was great for me because I have Hashimotos. So they had me on things like low dose naltrexone and prednisone, through our egg retrievals and transfer. They also had me on prograf and lovenox for our frozen embryo transfer, on top of the normal meds.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
We loved our experience with CNY but it’s not for everyone. They don’t hold your hand, so you really have to be your own advocate and do your own research. But their treatment is up to par with the first fertility clinic we saw, which was three times the price of CNY.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
An IVF cycle is $3,900 plus $450 for a frozen transfer, plus monitoring. But we were travel patients and monitored in our home town.
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
If you’ve done PGS testing on your embryos then CNY typically will only transfer 1 embryo at a time.

2020, Unknown Success
I thought that he [Dr. Michael Grossman] was very good. I only had him so far for my retrieval. I still have yet to have my FET. I was told to make sure that I ask the questions to be answered because he does not volunteer information. So if any one does see him, make sure you ask your questions before you go under anesthesia...I had a really good NP or PA who was able to help me dig deep into the rationale behind all the meds and the other meds that I was taking that I thought had nothing to do with my actually treatment.
I think that this clinic system [CNY Fertility Center] is busy. I expected to be treated well, and I was, but I will always compare my experience to how I was treated in Barbados...The files are open to all the providers and they consult each other on these cases. The protocol was different for me based on the other facilities I had gone to. I had a really good NP or PA who was able to help me dig deep into the rationale behind all the meds and the other meds that I was taking that I thought had nothing to do with my actually treatment. The biggest thing with this clinic (and all the ones I have encountered except Barbados) is communication.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
I thought that he was very good. I only had him so far for my retrieval. I still have yet to have my FET. I was told to make sure that I ask the questions to be answered because he does not volunteer information. So if any one does see him, make sure you ask your questions before you go under anesthesia.
Ask all the questions you feel you need answered. Also make sure to use the portal.
I think that this clinic system is busy. I expected to be treated well, and I was, but I will always compare my experience to how I was treated in Barbados. Overall I was still happy with the treatment at CNY in Albany/Lantham
CNY works as a system overall. The files are open to all the providers and they consult each other on these cases. The protocol was different for me based on the other facilities I had gone to. I had a really good NP or PA who was able to help me dig deep into the rationale behind all the meds and the other meds that I was taking that I thought had nothing to do with my actually treatment. The biggest thing with this clinic (and all the ones I have encountered except Barbados) is communication.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Overall I was very happy with the staff. The clinic system does not have a primary patient coordinator. Since this is a remote treatment situation for me, communication through the portal and phone calls. It has been difficult getting somethings explained in detail until you actually call and explain what you need. in my case it was my medication and supplement list.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The one in Albany, Beautiful! a log cabin feel. Then they gave me a plush warm rob and the setting is no where near a hospital feel. I was very pleased with this and it made me feel really comfortable and at ease.
I have to go to a local facility (Texas Children's Pavilion for Women) and do remote monitoring.
This clinic is the cheapest clinic for the basics in America.
My understanding is that Dr. G will do what the pt wishes in reason but prefers to do 1. The NP explained the rational further for me and all the reasons for me, at my age, should have 1 at a time for FET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I went to ATL remote clinic to get plasma replacement and wanted to make sure my partner would be able to get his sperm sample done at the same appointment, ( he was not going to be able to come to NY with me.) They had him scheduled for lab in ATL, but not the donation. It was an easy fix, but it was not scheduled as requested.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz and his team made us feel at ease, that we could indeed afford treatment, and that he could help us. He made our visit feel like it was the only one he had that day...is a warm and caring individual who loves his work and his patients. He didn't push anything we couldn't afford and he still gave us options. He understood our trials and had compassion for us and our situation. He also has chats online and explains thing to all of us. He spends time online even after his work day is done, it's never done for him. I like that he features both eastern and western medicine as ways to promote fertility.
She [the nurse at CNY Fertility Center] sat down with us for quite a while and asked what we expected and if we had questions. She answered all of them in a knowledgeable and down to earth way. She showed compassion for our previous losses. She told us we would start looking into testing right away and it was a relief. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart and she knows her stuff. She also offered a keto diet and yoga as ways to improve fertility as well. I voiced my opinion on a medicine I didn't want to take and she gave me an OTC alternative.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a warm and caring individual who loves his work and his patients. He didn't push anything we couldn't afford and he still gave us options. He understood our trials and had compassion for us and our situation. He also has chats online and explains thing to all of us. He spends time online even after his work day is done, it's never done for him. I like that he features both eastern and western medicine as ways to promote fertility.
Open your heart to possibilities because that is what Dr. Kiltz offers. Don't bother going anywhere else.
I had made the mistake of seeing a different fertility clinic first and it was a terrible and defeating experience. Dr. Kiltz and his team made us feel at ease, that we could indeed afford treatment, and that he could help us. He made our visit feel like it was the only one he had that day.
He started out with tests, blood, ultrasound, semen analysis, and a procedure to make sure there was no cause for concern before any fertility procedures were mentioned. Once we got the clear we discussed IUI. He knew our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment so he gave u workable options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marnan)
She sat down with us for quite a while and asked what we expected and if we had questions. She answered all of them in a knowledgeable and down to earth way. She showed compassion for our previous losses. She told us we would start looking into testing right away and it was a relief. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart and she knows her stuff. She also offered a keto diet and yoga as ways to improve fertility as well. I voiced my opinion on a medicine I didn't want to take and she gave me an OTC alternative.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic, very clean and well laid out. Strengths-This clinic is a well oiled machine. They have a portal where I can access all my tests and records. I can also email the nursing staff and get a same day response. They are knowledgeable in fertility and also both eastern and western medicine. They promote yoga and specialized diet. Weaknesses: None.
All costs were covered for preliminary testing except for deductibles. All other costs can be financed if needed.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Corley] always made me feel heard and understood. He is good at looking into all areas (labs, results of egg retrievals and protocols used) to find what may or may not work in the future. He took his time to explain things to me and listen to my experiences and thoughts. ... When I had a follow up with him he looked at all of my previous information in depth and took 60 minutes to talk to me and come up with our an to move forward.
It is easy to get in touch with who you need to via their [CNY] patient portal and get answers fast. If you enjoy in person contact, being a travel patient might not be for you. Some patients have flown/driven to New York to stay for the whole cycle to be monitored there, but I chose to fly in only for procedures and did remote monitoring in my home state. I have liked all the doctors, but they all have very different personalities. Once I found the one I clicked with it made it easier.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
He always made me feel heard and understood. He is good at looking into all areas (labs, results of egg retrievals and protocols used) to find what may or may not work in the future. He took his time to explain things to me and listen to my experiences and thoughts.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
Make sure he has access to all of your previous tests/results so he can give you good feedback. He has been doing this for awhile and has a lot of information to share but needs to know where you are coming from.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a very sweet man and prayed for me after each FET. When I had a follow up with him he looked at all of my previous information in depth and took 60 minutes to talk to me and come up with our an to move forward.
Describe the protocols David Corley used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
While Dr Corley has performed my egg retrieval and 2 transfers I have just recently had a follow up with him regarding a 4th FET. The clinic has many doctors and I had yet to find the Dr that fit with me until I had Dr Corley for my 2nd FET. He listened to me and looked into my chart to help me come up with a plan for my next FET and potentially next egg retrieval. He actually did not change my protocol from my last FET other than to add an HCG wash before and HCG boosters after. I will be using Estrogen to prime for FET along with the immune protocol that includes Lovenox, baby aspirin, Tacrolimus, prednisone, zpak, doxycycline and PIO along with progesterone suppositories. I am getting the immune protocol due to having endometriosis. The previous cycle I had good results as far as lining and levels and he doesn't believe a big change would change the outcomes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a team of nurses devoted to patients who travel to NY for their treatment (which I do). It is easy to email them and get a response in an hour or two. You have to give them very specific questions otherwise you will not get specific answers. When I have talked to them on the phone regarding results or setting up retrieval or transfer times they have always been very nice and caring.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic has a lot of travel patients due to their low cost procedures. This being said I felt less like a number than I did at my local clinic. It is easy to get in touch with who you need to via their patient portal and get answers fast. If you enjoy in person contact, being a travel patient might not be for you. Some patients have flown/driven to New York to stay for the whole cycle to be monitored there, but I chose to fly in only for procedures and did remote monitoring in my home state. I have liked all the doctors, but they all have very different personalities. Once I found the one I clicked with it made it easier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Corley at CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Fertility's cost at the time of me starting there were $3900 for an egg retrieval and fresh transfer and $450 for an FET. I did monitoring in my home state and paid $150 to CNY for remote monitoring for each cycle(also the cost to monitor wherever I was at). I have insurance that covered a portion , so the cost structure is different (they senda higher amount to insurance, which is typical). The cost also did not include medications.

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!...Recommend transferring one embryo...We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available
Our communication with them [CNY Fertility Center] so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is early but so far has been awesome. We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available. He is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!
Have questions & plans of actions ready to go. They can be quick with you, but they are running a large clinic with a lot of patients trying to offer affordable fertility treatment to as many patients as they can, which is a great thing! If you’re thinking of trying a new protocol or med, just ask! They seem very open & Dr. Kiltz actually promotes that openness in his nightly virtual chats!
We are working with CNY Fertility from afar, as travel patients. Our communication with them so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
egg retrieval & IVF. Can start as soon as we are ready to get medications, secure monitoring with a local doc, & make plans to travel to NY!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Very good at communicating & knowledgeable! I have noticed you talk to a lot of different people / nurses though. That’s fine with me though, I understand it’s a large clinic seeing a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I wish they were closer or had a location in Michigan!!! I know they’re growing & offering a lot of state of the art treatment & procedures which I think is great! I am so excited to travel to the Syracuse Clinic, from reviews I’ve read & pictures I’ve seen online, it looks very nice. Like a spa.
$3,900 for IVF plus add-one we are still looking into (ex embryo glue & PRP - these will add a couple extra hundred dollars). Plus, mediation that was quoted around $2,500 & travel. This is still significantly cheaper than the $20,860 we were quoted by a local RE for IVF!
Recommend transferring one embryo , although when it’s time, I’m going to ask about transferring two as well as PRP & embryo glue.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz spent over an hour on the phone with my husband and I discussing our health, history, and steps moving forward. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and professionally. We could tell he was passionate about his work and we are beyond hopeful to finally do this and hopefully will be carrying our first baby within the near future. I can text or call him and he responds right away. I haven’t emailed him yet, but there is that route available if necessary...took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Whenever I email the nurses [at CNY Fertility Center], they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages...Their nursing and financial team are great. Dr. Kiltz is great. Unfortunately I haven’t dealt with anyone else. They make IVF affordable for all who are trying to achieve their dreams of having children. I didn’t receive the greatest care at other fertility places but at CNY, they treat you with respect, like family and they have monthly IVF grants to help pay for IVF cycles. I’m excited for this journey and for CNY to help my husband and I become first time parents!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have not yet begun my IVF process since I am waiting for my first cycle to arrive so I can start. When my husband and I consulted with Dr. Kiltz, he was friendly, engaging, explained things so that we’d understand, and offered his cell phone, email and told us to contact him whenever if we had further questions or concerns. What doctor does that??? I have not met a doctor that offered their private cell phones to patients!
You will love him!
Dr. Kiltz took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Whenever I email the nurses, they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages.
He is affordable!!!!!

2020, Consult
During the consultation I never actually spoke to Dr. Kiltz. I spoke to a doctor in the GA office. I was not expecting that and because of that it wasn't very personal. It felt like she was simply reading from a checklist of questions to ask me...You don't speak to him until you are ready for treatment. It's very odd. I know he's very busy but it's odd to not have communication with your doctor. You mostly interact with nurses. With that being said I've heard great things about him and appreciate his weekly chats on social media.
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] is very affordable...The price point is the clinic's best selling point. The hardest challenge for me after speaking to other doctors was how impersonal my interactions felt with CNY. I had to really ask myself if the low price point was worth feeling like I was completely on my own...Talking to multiple people led to a lot of confusion and needing to have the same conversation with several different people before getting the correct answer.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
You need to be very very organized because the clinic has a lot going on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Since I was an out of state patient I communicated through the patient portal. It was really confusing. Some nurses were very helpful and others were not. I found that asking very specific questions and really outlining the information that I needed was helpful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very affordable and as long as what you need to transparent you can get the information you need from their website which has been recently updated. The price point is the clinic's best selling point. The hardest challenge for me after speaking to other doctors was how impersonal my interactions felt with CNY. I had to really ask myself if the low price point was worth feeling like I was completely on my own.
All of the information is online. My situation was a bit more complicated.
Did not have a conversation about this.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Ditkoff was extremely thorough. He went over all of my past history and treatments, as well as tests. He even ordered them to be done again just to make sure nothing was left out. He went over which treatment plan would be best for us and when the best time would be to start. I truly appreciate him being thorough and explaining all of my results. The doctor I had seen prior never did this and told me I needed surgery and that his nurse should have told me over the phone 4 months prior! Dr. Ditkoff had these tests done again and went over what the issue was and why I need surgery in order to have successful IVF treatments there after.
The only thing they [CNY Fertility Center] could improve upon is hold time when you call. Sometimes I get through immediately, sometimes I'm on hold for over 10 minutes. Other than that, they are fantastic. ... We have to pay out of pocket and they are very understanding of this, they also work out in house payment plans. They are the only reason we can afford to have any IVF treatments at all. They are literally our only hope in conceiving a baby.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I would tell them he will be very thorough so if they had any questions, write them down and bring them with you on your visit. He will go over all of your concerns and explain why certain treatments will be successful as apposed to others.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He treated me like a human. He was very gentle with a warm soft bedside manner. He was very straight foward and answered all of my questions. He was extremely thorough and never left me in the dark as far as tests treatment goes.
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For now I am awaiting surgery to have my left fallopian tube removed. After I heal we will start injections and medicine for my first egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are very friendly and understanding of your stressful situation and how time sensitive everything is. They return my calls and also reach the doctor for me promptly.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic is amazing and wonderful. Very warm and thorough. They are understanding of financial difficulties and will work with you to afford the treatments needed. The only thing they could improve upon is hold time when you call. Sometimes I get through immediately, sometimes I'm on hold for over 10 minutes. Other than that, they are fantastic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
The costs are the absolute best and lowest price for the highest quality of care. We have to pay out of pocket and they are very understanding of this, they also work out in house payment plans. They are the only reason we can afford to have any IVF treatments at all. They are literally our only hope in conceiving a baby. The costs total $5,000 for one egg collection and transfer. Each transfer after that is only $450. The pharmacy they refer to is extremely low cost was well only charging us $4,500. To understand this better, our area in NJ wanted $34,000 for the same treatment and medication.
Describe Edward Ditkoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
We are able to try both. But he strongly suggested eSET due to my medical conditions. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and could possibly face premature birth.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Corley was very warm, friendly and easy to speak to! I felt like he loves what he does and genuinely wants to help me achieve a healthy pregnancy even with just one phone consultation. So far, it's been a great and exciting experience! ... We went over a few of my lab results and discussed how the process works and what my next steps would look like. I'm so excited to meet Dr. Corley in person and to finally have a baby of our own!! Baby dust to all :)
PRICE, PRICE, PRICE!! CNY has the best IVF pricing in the USA!! They also have a great FB group and amazing live convos with Dr. Kiltz himself on a nightly basis. It's a huge strength and keeps me so interested & excited to start my cycle with them!! No weaknesses as of right now! So far so good! Things are moving pretty quickly. ... I have not completed my IVF cycle just yet. I hope to complete this by July/August and it should run about $10k total including medication and about $2k for travel expenses.
Choose Dr. Corley! :)
Speaking to Dr. Corley at CNY Fertility made me feel like a regular human being due to the fact that as soon as he got on our consultation phone call, he simply asked me to tell him about myself. It was the first time a doctor seemed genuinely interested in my story and what brought me to CNY. We went over a few of my lab results and discussed how the process works and what my next steps would look like. I'm so excited to meet Dr. Corley in person and to finally have a baby of our own!! Baby dust to all :)
Continue to take the vitamins that I'm currently taking along with my husband. He then stated he will have the nurse e-mail me a list of the standard IVF medications for a regular cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth)
I have spoke to Elizabeth, RN with the Global Team at CNY. We spoke for about 30 minutes and she was able to answer all of my questions and concerns regarding being a travel patient from California to NY. She put me at ease with taking the time and not showing any frustration with holding my hand through the process as they would say.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Describe David Corley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
He recommends a single embryo transfer each time.
Syracuse

Kiltz is always knowledgeable and gets us information that we need. He helps trying to figure out issues that have come along. He also connects to via social media and always responds to as many questions as possible. Has answered several of ours. He also has given us his personal cell phone and he has always responded.... On our case Kiltz has done 2 egg transfer and a single egg transfer. Both our decision, Kiltz didn't see anything that would not allow multiple egg transfer.
Long wait times at the clinic [CNY], but they have people from around the world coming to CNY. You have to be understanding. Strengths they are always their, always apologetic when there is long wait times or issues with pregnancy. Very sympathetic very compassionate. Always understanding, very knowledgeable. The price is lower then most by thousands, that's including travel and hotel. Always avaliable.... We live out of state. So Kiltz and his office would schedule the test needed with my health care provider.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Trust him. He will always have your back. He is willing to reach out to speak to your Dr if your are from out of state for monitoring.
Kiltz and his staff take the time to explain things to you. They spend the time to troubleshooting issues. Kiltz has also given us his personal cell number if we have questions or issues. Staff is always there, always gets things sent to my dr since I live several states away.
I've cycle and meds. He puts you on hydroclorique and a z-pack to help make the uterus better suited to host an embryo. He also adjusts meds based off of your blood work and ultra sounds. He does push keto to help bring down inflammation in the body.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are professional and compassionate. Very friendly. They go out of their way to ensure things are correct and in order.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Weakness you have to travel, but we have signed up for that. Long wait times at the clinic, but they have people from around the world coming to CNY. You have to be understanding. Strengths they are always their, always apologetic when there is long wait times or issues with pregnancy. Very sympathetic very compassionate. Always understanding, very knowledgeable. The price is lower then most by thousands, that's including travel and hotel. Always avaliable.
We live out of state. So Kiltz and his office would schedule the test needed with my health care provider. Based off of that info they would determine if we are ready for a transfer or retrieval.
Medicines 3500, retrieval and transfer meds. Monitoring egg retrieval and transfer 3900. Price has gone up but we are grandfathered in. 250 fee for each transfer. 850 after 12 months for egg storage. acupuncture 75 Travel and hotel 4000 during retrieval process. Tickets to travel to NY each transfer roughly 600 each, prices change pending on the time if year.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Corley] is very knowledgeable and I liked that he has been changing my protocol as we make progress finding out more about our issues every transfer. He has been aggressive when needed, which I like. He has very nice manners, explains everything well, gives you time, explains the risks and likelihood of something going wrong. He’s always prayed with us after a transfer which is so nice of him to do
[CNY Fertility Center cost] $3900 for ER, ICSI, assisted hatching, fresh transfer and embryo storage. $150 monitoring fee $450 in add ons- PRP and HCG wash, intralipids, embryo glue $450 FET within 1 year of ER plus another monitoring fee and add ons...Had 4 5day blasts and 1 6 day blast...[clinic error] I can’t blame them specifically since I’m a travel patient and my lab is not the best to fax results. After a positive beta I didn’t get a call to learn my results. I called next day and they had to call the lab and called me right back after getting my results.
How was your experience with David Corley at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and I liked that he has been changing my protocol as we make progress finding out more about our issues every transfer. He has been aggressive when needed, which I like. He has very nice manners, explains everything well, gives you time, explains the risks and likelihood of something going wrong. He’s always prayed with us after a transfer which is so nice of him to do. I would always recommend him!
To trust him and his knowledge. He will make you feel really comfortable along the way.
He is a sweetheart and makes you feel very confortable before any procedure.
For our ER we used and antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal F. After 5 days I started cetrotide. I trigger with double Lupron. ER gave us 10 good quality eggs out of which 9 fertilized with ICSI. Had 4 5day blasts and 1 6 day blast. Did a fresh with 2 day 5s and resulted in ectopic but because I caught a UTI that messed it all up. For transfer I did an immune protocol with intralipids, lovenox, prednisone, LDN, neupogen, estrogen and progesterone both in oil and vaginal tablets.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are very nice and always helpful. Pretty easy to communicate with.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Best clinic I’ve been to! They make you feel welcome and at peace from the first second you come in. It feels more like a spa than a clinic. Everyone is very attentive and they go their way out to make you feel comfortable at all times. Prices are unbeatable which is a plus!
He was not my first doctor and I had two failed FETs prior with 2 embryos so he decided to transfer 2, the first two times and after a second ER with him he went for 3, 3day fresh which resulted in pregnancy of a singleton but I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.
Syracuse

Dr. Verdiales goes over your information before walking into the room. She smiles and greets you before asking what you want to do or achieve. She took the time to get my name right and understood that I wanted to start with the less invasive procedures before going full steam IVF. She offered vitamins to help along with hugs. During each cycle she would offer words of encouragement, prayers, and positive vibes. I love her vibes and even when I come in to see other members of her staff she always says hi to me and gives me hugs as if we're friends.
I like that they [the nurses at CNY Fertility] speak English and Spanish. The ultrasound techs are great and describe everything so you don't worry. The nurses are always friendly and explain why they are doing what they are doing and what to expect. If there's a negative it would be sometimes they're not all on the same page...I paid for labs and Fertility exams which is discounted for paying people. Each cycle I did was allowed a payment plan with a down payment. Vitamins are there and can be purchased. They will provide a med list, not included with cycles since each person is different, to Integrity Pharmacy. You can get you meds discounted or from other pharmacies if you decide. There are also add ons depending on what you are comfortable with and they will go over prices as well.
How was your experience with Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. V enjoys what she does. I can reach out to her any time and she gets back to me right away. She actually did my annual checkup in addition to my fertility workup so I wasn't all over the place. I love how she explains what she's doing while doing it. She was very patient with me and let me decide what/how I wanted to get started. Some people go straight to IVF but I wanted to see if something as simple as iui would work for us and she agreed. She listens to all my concerns and frustrations without being judgey. I love her heart and dedication. Even when things failed she gave me hugs and discussed what we could change or do to improve.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center?
I would say be prepared for her positivity. Some people don't like that. Also, she does alternative medicine, like vitamins and massage, to help increase chances. Some people are more interested in the end result but she wants to heal the body as a whole to make getting pregnant easier.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Maribelle Verdiales used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first cycle we did low dose Letrezole with iui. I took vitamins she suggested, which gave me extra energy. That cycle was bad because I used opk to test and ended up triggering early but she held out hope. My second one I ovulated too early so she still did progesterone just in case. We called it timed intercourse. My second real cycle we did Letrezole with an injectable but added cetrotide to stall ovulation. She then added prp to get me more follicles since my body was going slow. Once she saw enough great follicles I triggered. The prp is still new but it revitalizes the flushed area. She was concerned about my husbands count but prayed with us that it would all work out. I did progesterone inserts to help with hopeful pregnancy but it was negative. We spoke again about what to change for the future and decided IVF is our best bet. She still gave my husband clomid to see if we could get his counts up but if not she said we wouldn't need much to get IVF to work. It's nice that she's still helping us but also letting us try to fix it as well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Some are still new. I like that they speak English and Spanish. The ultrasound techs are great and describe everything so you don't worry. The nurses are always friendly and explain why they are doing what they are doing and what to expect. If there's a negative it would be sometimes they're not all on the same page so it's good when they confirm with Dr. V before leaving.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
So, I love the vibe. It's clean, they play relaxing music, there's a mini store to get you vitamins from, and you don't get lost finding it. It's a decent size since it's still new. They do so much there. If your stressing you can get a massage and/or counseling. Now the down side, they are still new. They are a part of CNY in New York so you're getting great care but this location currently doesn't do IVF. They are getting everything ready, building, hiring more staff, getting trained, to start IVF maybe next year. This is a plus and negative. I would love to get everything done here but that means waiting and tons more changes. However, that means they're doing a great job. If you can't wait CNY Monroe will get all testing, labs, and scans done until you're ready to retrieve and transfer in New York. They will then monitor you again until release to OB or next cycle. Once they become fully functional I know it will take some adjustments but just having Dr. V be there from start to finish would be amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center.
There's actually different ways of payment. My insurance covered only my female exam. I paid for labs and Fertility exams which is discounted for paying people. Each cycle I did was allowed a payment plan with a down payment. Vitamins are there and can be purchased. They will provide a med list, not included with cycles since each person is different, to Integrity Pharmacy. You can get you meds discounted or from other pharmacies if you decide. There are also add ons depending on what you are comfortable with and they will go over prices as well.
Describe Maribelle Verdiales's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
She wants what's best for the patient which can be hard sometimes. She prefers to do one but will ask if it's ok
Maribelle Verdiales
Monroe

He [Dr. Kiltz] was so friendly and outgoing. He made me and my husband very comfortable during our retrieval. He did two of my transfers and always made me laugh during them. He made sure all of our questions were always answered and we never left confused or questioning the next steps...Our retrieval protocol was very basic I believe. We did ten days of stims with ultrasound every few days. We triggered with Ovidrel and did our retrieval and fresh transfer...
The entire clinic [CNY Fertility Center] was amazing. They were there for me every step of the way. I miscarried my first transfer and they always checked on me to see how I was doing. His nurse practitioner called me from home during her own health crisis to make sure my protocol was correct for our next transfers to get the best possible outcome...Any questions I had they were quick to get back to me. If I ever had any problems they would bring me right in to get looked at...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He was so friendly and outgoing. He made me and my husband very comfortable during our retrieval. He did two of my transfers and always made me laugh during them. He made sure all of our questions were always answered and we never left confused or questioning the next steps.
Be patient. He's worth the wait.
The entire clinic was amazing. They were there for me every step of the way. I miscarried my first transfer and they always checked on me to see how I was doing. His nurse practitioner called me from home during her own health crisis to make sure my protocol was correct for our next transfers to get the best possible outcome.
Our retrieval protocol was very basic I believe. We did ten days of stims with ultrasound every few days. We triggered with Ovidrel and did our retrieval and fresh transfer. I miscarried. They changed my protocol to an immune protocol because of the miscarriage. That transfer failed. Then changed it back to a basic one for my third transfer which resulted in my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I believe her name was Donna.)
The nurse was amazing. They all were so nice and caring. Any questions I had they were quick to get back to me. If I ever had any problems they would bring me right in to get looked at.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean. It's like going to a spa. It's amazing. They sometimes are very busy and it's a little bit of a wait but they are worth it and I wouldn't go anywhere else. You have to stay on top of the billing if you see them at a location other than Syracuse. I've had to have my insurance correct most bills due to my insurance having a glitch with it having kiltz as both in and out of network and the way claims are sent to them.
The cost was allot lower then I expected. In total we paid around 5k between the ivf and transfers. We didn't have any coverage for IVF but my insurance did cover the monitoring
We did two transfers of one embryo. The first I miscarried. The second didn't take. Knowing I had two lower quality embryos left. And it being a three hour drive each transfer. I asked that we transfer our last two together and they were willing to do that because if the two previous transfer results. That third transfer ended up resulting in my son.
2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Maribelle Verdiales] empathized with me because I had to switch Doctors in the middle of fertility treatment due to my insurance not covering IVF due to me not being married...she put me at ease...ensure I know that I am not alone... great listener and takes all of the information, test results, blood work, etc. and develops an individualized fertility plan just for you!...passionate about the work she does...
they [CNY Fertility Center] provide every aspect of assisting with achieving the best fertility outcomes by having a full spectrum of health & wellness treatment options available on top of the medical treatments...costs are exactly what was listed on the CNY Fertility website...it does let you know that the price doesn't include the initial consultation or blood work, so I was fully prepared with how much out of pocket expenses it will be and what can be financed through them.
How was your experience with Maribelle Verdiales at CNY Fertility Center?
She is extremely educated, compassionate towards the patient, passionate about the work she does, and truly desires to assist individuals in bringing their dreams into existence through the help of science, natural vitamins/supplements, yoga, meditation, and assists you in exploring other ways you would like to help your body prepare to create life!
Absolutely choose her to be your fertility Doctor/Specialist because with her, you are not just a number but more like a family member she cares about. She is a great listener and takes all of the information, test results, blood work, etc. and develops an individualized fertility plan just for you! She is so genuine and sincere in helping you create life with a little assistance. :-)
She empathized with me because I had to switch Doctors in the middle of fertility treatment due to my insurance not covering IVF due to me not being married, so I had to start the process over again. However, she put me at ease by letting me know that she is going to help me get through this process and ensure I know that I am not alone.
So, since I switched to Dr. Verdiales after 3 failed IUI's at Emory (because my insurance wouldn't cover IVF since I am not married), I had a consult with Dr. Verdiales, she requested all my labs, blood work, and tests from Emory, ran another baseline blood panel, and then decided what I should do first. Since I'm turning 40 next week, she decided to start me on insitol, pre-natals, a twice daily female endocrine natural supplement pack, Q10, Vitamin D, and a thyroid medication because my levels were not ideal for pregnancy and all the other items are to assist with egg quality since I'm old. Then came the list of IVF medications that I will start in a couple weeks for my 1st round of IVF. I would love to tell you the outcome of my IVF treatment plan if I get the opportunity!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Always extremely friendly, sweet, and kind.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The fact that they provide every aspect of assisting with achieving the best fertility outcomes by having a full spectrum of health & wellness treatment options available on top of the medical treatments is extremely beneficial.
The costs are exactly what was listed on the CNY Fertility website and I do want to note that it does let you know that the price doesn't include the initial consultation or blood work, so I was fully prepared with how much out of pocket expenses it will be and what can be financed through them.
My doctor said that it depended on how many embryo's make it to the blastocyte phase and their quality before they determine/make suggestions.
Maribelle Verdiales
2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
My first retrieval [at CNY Fertility Center] was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure...You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.kiltz as a person is an amazing soul. However I do believe the client has to many patients and can not give certain attention each patients need with their fertility issue. You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great. Dr.corley is my favorite. All of them pray after transfer which I absolutely love. I just feel as a number thou and always rushed along at appointments and transfer and I believe this is due to overbooking.
Slow down make your patient feel important not rushed. Everyone is different and everyone needs a personal protocol and to find the problem sometime less is more
When I started in 2018 I felt like they were awesome, now I feel like a number after failed transfer over and over you would think we would change something but no I had to throw something out there from speaking with other clients
Wonderful overwhelmed but wonderful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My first retrieval was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure. So I'm very proud of the up grade for retrieval surgical rooms.
Cost is great
2020, Unsuccessful
First cycle [with Dr. Kiltz] was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle...Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday...Do not expect personalized treatment.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient [at CNY]. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use...Low cost but treatment rendered reflects the price paid. Travel patients usually don’t get a call with results until the end of the day. You may have to call them & ask for your results. Responses to emails are sometimes unhelpful & the response provided demonstrates that the person responding never looked at your history.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz met with me & my husband for the initial consult & I haven’t spoken to him since. Physicians seem to perform the surgical procedures & every other aspect of treatment is handled by a nurse.
Do not expect personalized treatment.
Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday. I sent a massage through the portal. Results are uploaded to portal. It is late Friday evening & I have yet to receive a call.
First cycle was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle. First baseline showed 6 follicles. Baseline after birth control showed 1 follicle, cancelled cycle. Third cycle, doubled med dosage. Had a decent number of follicles develop, however, miscommunication around timing for retrieval resulted in a loss of 4 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Travel patient. Conducted monitoring offsite.
4K per cycle $1100 per PESA Lab & ultrasound extra Meds extra
It’s been 4 days & no one has called me to discuss my beta results
Syracuse
Dr Cheng took a lot of time to answer each and every question I had. I was very vocal about my feelings surrounding the upcoming FET with the embryos we had. His explanations and humor helped me feel better and more confident...I also had a new plan that I fully understood because he took the time and effort to explain each adjustment in the new protocol...Dr Chang is clearly knowledgable and cares a lot about his patients. Once he's invested in your treatment, you can rest assured that you're in good hands. He is arguably one of the more aggressive doctors at CNY in terms of what he is willing to do and the things he is willing to try.
CNY is huge and handles an extremely high volume of patients. Nurses and doctors are often juggling hundreds upon hundreds of inquiries, portal messages, phone calls, office appointments, etc. Balls inevitably get dropped, information inevitably gets lost in translation, and that can be frustrating. You really have to stay on top of your own treatment plan. I think having a good working knowledge of at least the basics of IVF would be extremely beneficial.
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
I first spoke to Dr Chang after our first IVF cycle and subsequent 3 transfers of 4 embryos failed. Needless to say, I was not in a great place emotionally or mentally. Dr Chang reviewed my first cycle's retrieval protocol and FET protocol and identified some areas he thought may have caused our problems. He was extremely kind and seemed extremely confident that he could help me. I began that phone call in a complete state of devastation and panic and ended it feeling reassured and slightly vindicated... I also had a new plan that I fully understood because he took the time and effort to explain each adjustment in the new protocol. He also instructed me to make sure that during my retrieval cycle, all monitoring updates would be handled by him personally to make sure everyone stuck to his specific protocol. The reassurance that he was personally handling things, even though I was not monitoring in Buffalo or retrieving there was a godsend during that very scary time. We ultimately got 16 eggs, 13 of which were mature... all 13 fertalized and 10 became 5, 6, or 7 day embryos. (The previous cycle I had 11 eggs, only 5 mature, 4 fertilized and were frozen early at day 3.) Grading of the embryos became a concern of mine as ours were almost all "fair". I was able to get a tele appointment with Dr Chang quickly and he, once again, was able to patiently and kindly explain why he still felt confident in those embryos and went through the FET protocol and broke down all of my options. His confidence and reassurance was extremely valued and appreciated. Dr Chang is clearly knowledgable and cares a lot about his patients. Once he's invested in your treatment, you can rest assured that you're in good hands. He is arguably one of the more aggressive doctors at CNY in terms of what he is willing to do and the things he is willing to try. I really liked that he was able to explain everything in a relatively simple manner so that I fully understood his reasoning for all med or protocol changes. He does have a very funny sense of humor which I personally felt helped in such an awkward and relatively anxiety filled time. I also feel that he is very much to the point and will bluntly state his thoughts on things... something I also appreciated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to say exactly what you're thinking or feeling about your treatment. He was the only doctor I spoke to that didn't just repeat the same go-to information to placate me. He not only acknowledged that I was audibly upset or nervous, he took steps to get to the root of what was causing those negative feelings so that he could give me the information and confidence I needed to move forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Eric Chang used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr Chang believed that the biggest issues with my first cycle were a dominant follicle and timing the retrieval. He basically came right out and said that he felt they sent me for retrieval too early and that's why my maturity rate was so poor. To address these issues, he recommended a full cycle on hormonal birth control (even though CNY doesn't seem to like to do this) and personally handled my monitoring. I ended up doing 12 days of injections vs 9 the first time. The birth control helped my eggs grow more evenly and the prolonged stim time helped me get more mature eggs than I had in my previous cycle. He also switched me from Lh-HCG to Menopur (this was orignally a suggestion of Dr. Ditkoff) solely because they both believed some patients respond better to one drug over the other.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I actually worked primarily with the travel team nurses, the nurses at my monitoring center (CNY Atlanta), and the ones at CNY Albany. Buffalo was not available for retrievals at the time I did my cycle unfortunately. CNY's nursing team is overwhelmingly great.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Describe Eric Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Dr Chang recommended a single embroy transfer as I had never done an FET with a day 5 embryo. However he did say that he would be willing to consider letting me transfer two if the first single transfer failed.
Eric Chang

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
he [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] is busy and only has so much time. But he answers each and every question kindly and with medical expertise of 25+ years...was straightforward but kind. Tried his best each time and seemed to care. Allowed phone and in person consultations always as needed. Did surgery for me and was proficient...gave hope in a troubling time with uncertainty. He is now helping us with our next step in the journey with a gestational carrier
I did many cycles [at CNY Fertility Center] but overall each cycle was about $5500-7500 including embryo biopsy, monitoring and PGS testing...Beautiful clinic with nice ambiance. Many people so they may want to add more seating as it can be standing room only at times. They are very accommodating to working with your times/work schedule and they get to know you as a person not just another number
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Ditkoff is an Excellent doctor who was kind and compassionate. Proficient with surgery and seemed to care. Answered all questions and gave hope in a troubling time with uncertainty. He is now helping us with our next step in the journey with a gestational carrier
Have questions ready to go, because he is busy and only has so much time. But he answers each and every question kindly and with medical expertise of 25+ years
Dr Ditkoff was straightforward but kind. Tried his best each time and seemed to care. Allowed phone and in person consultations always as needed. Did surgery for me and was proficient.
High Dose meds to stimulate ovaries to produce more eggs
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Excellent nurses who are there for you all the time. Answered all questions, helped with Medication prescriptions and with office appointments and bloodwork
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I did many cycles but overall each cycle was about $5500-7500 including embryo biopsy, monitoring and PGS testing
He recommended one single transfer which seems reasonable
Latham

Dr. Ditkoff was excellent. I was nervous the day of my transfer but he really calmed me down and let me know everything would be alright. The FET went very smoothly. My retrieval was difficult due to my fibroids and he was patient and persistent. He retrieved three eggs which resulted in three good quality embryos.
No weaknesses at all. The [CNY Fertility Center] clinic felt like a spa. It was very relaxing and calm. Not sterile. I enjoyed the robes because they were warm. I felt very relaxed...The nursing staff was great...When you’re a travel patient, sometimes the information on your specific protocol is not clear. It can make you feel like a number.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He can come off as very blunt, but he is very caring and wants the best for his patients.
Due to my fibroids, Dr. Ditkoff had a difficult time with my egg retrieval, but he was persistent and was able to retrieve 3 eggs. I believe I ovulated early and lost a lot of follicles so I was happy to get at least three. I returned a few months later and was able to do my FET with him as well and it went really smoothly.
I had the standard IVF protocol and I’m not sure exactly how it went.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was great. I felt like I was at a spa.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
No weaknesses at all. The clinic felt like a spa. It was very relaxing and calm. Not sterile. I enjoyed the robes because they were warm. I felt very relaxed. There was a fireplace going which was a relief from the snow.
Monitoring was a bit difficult because I was out of state and my clinic did not always post my results in time. It was not CNY’s fault.
3995.00 for a full IVF cycle
I think using one embryo was the best choice due to my fibroids.
Latham

We had two embryos and even though it was recommended to transfer one Dr Kiltz allowed us to transfer 2...[he] did a wonderful job explaining the procedure and was very gentle and discreet during my embryo transfer. He asked if there was any other questions and told us to call with any concerns. He has a wonderful sense of humor but is serious when needed. It made both my husband and I feel at ease.
The [CNY Fertility] nurses that were present for my egg retrieval and transfer were amazing. They were extremely compassionate and caring...The communication on the portal was great but it was a bit harder to reach staff by phone. I had all my questions answered and felt confident I was receiving the proper info...IVF with fresh transfer was $3,900. We paid $100 to coordinate outside monitoring
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz did a wonderful job explaining the procedure and was very gentle and discreet during my embryo transfer. He asked if there was any other questions and told us to call with any concerns. He has a wonderful sense of humor but is serious when needed. It made both my husband and I feel at ease.
Be prepared to be told like it is. He is also very diet/keto focused
Dr. Kiltz was patient and kind. He was interested in our lives and a positive outcome
I used Menopur and Gonal F then triggered with HCG
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses that were present for my egg retrieval and transfer were amazing. They were extremely compassionate and caring
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The hardest part was travel but it turned out to be better. We were able to get away and focus on us. The communication on the portal was great but it was a bit harder to reach staff by phone. I had all my questions answered and felt confident I was receiving the proper info
I monitored at a clinic near my home but it was a seamless method
IVF with fresh transfer was $3,900. We paid $100 to coordinate outside monitoring. We paid $3400 to integrity pharmacy for meds and approximately $1000 for travel expenses
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The only thing was I was supposed to be notified by phone regarding my HCG levels and I had to call several times to get them

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Grossman] was so kind, he explained the procedure well and where I could understand it. I highly recommend him, he makes sure you’re comfortable and had a very warm bed side manner. ... He was kind, and very well spoken. He treated me like I had been his patient for years and years. He did the procedure super quickly, he explained everything that would happen and what I could expect. Loved him!
They [CNY Fertility Center] were very on schedule, I didn’t have to sit and wait a long time. They were very sweet and talked to you like you were family. Ask questions, they answer them without hesitation. The doctors and nurses were all very professional and made me feel as ease through the entire process. And after my procedure we’re so sweet and helpful. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask any questions you have and he will definitely answer them.
He was so kind, he explained the procedure well and where I could understand it. I highly recommend him, he makes sure you’re comfortable and had a very warm bed side manner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nursing staff was amazing. So sweet and took great care of me. Helped keep me calm, and they were just all around wonderful!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They were very on schedule, I didn’t have to sit and wait a long time. They were very sweet and talked to you like you were family. Ask questions, they answer them without hesitation. The doctors and nurses were all very professional and made me feel as ease through the entire process. And after my procedure we’re so sweet and helpful. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
3,900 for my ivf cycle which includes the retrieval and transfer and then my meds were all separate and then a 150 dollar out of state care fee.
Latham

I was treated with absolute RESPECT. My opinions and choices were validated. I felt comfortable and safe under Dr Ditkoff’s care. My transfer unfortunately ended in a chemical pregnancy. But Dr Ditkoff did my next retrieval and he was able to get twice as many eggs as my first retrieval...I have DOR and no tubes due to hydrosalpinx. My most successful ER protocol was priming with omnitrope and Ubiquinol. And stimming with 450 Gonal-F and 20 hcg for seven days. Dual trigger with HCG-LH and Lupron since my estrogen level was low enough.
Kind, compassionate, efficient, organized. The nursing staff at CNY is fantastic!!...$3900 for the retrieval...$700 for PGT...$450 for FET...At the Albany location, the ladies who check you in and deal with finances need a little assistance. I caught what would’ve been a very expensive hiccup when we had our second retrieval, as we were almost charged again for PGT when we had another round of embryos to test due to only sending two off the first time. Know your stuff and advocate for yourself!
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Ditkoff is professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and thorough! I felt safe and heard under his care. He was kind and made me feel comfortable while receiving treatment. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment at CNY Albany.
He’s nerdy but intelligent and incredibly kind and caring human.
$3900 for the retrieval $700 for PGT $450 for FET
I’ve only even transferred one embryo. I think it should be collectively decided between the doctor and patient. If a woman is healthy enough, she should be able to transfer two embryos.

2020, Unsuccessful
Great bedside manner. Brought up and answered questions I never thought of. Made me fee extremely comfortable...I only had him [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] for embryo transfer...I feel that maybe before WTF phone calls reading into history would make things a little less confusing...Advocate for yourself. Ask all the questions, even if you have asked them before. Make sure you understand it all...
Depending on the clinic [CNY Fertility Center] they can be very busy and crowded. Doesn’t always run on time. You can be waiting awhile. Can feel kind of lost when arriving if you don’t know where to go and they don’t really explain anything... it’s hard when you have multiple nurses get involved. And all of them do things differently. They can speak on behalf of the doctor which can be uncomfortable...
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Great bedside manner. Brought up and answered questions I never thought of. Made me fee extremely comfortable. I feel that maybe before WTF phone calls reading into history would make things a little less confusing.
He made be feel very comfortable and answered all questions I never even thought of. Very good bedside manner.
I only had him for embryo transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I think it’s hard when you have multiple nurses get involved. And all of them do things differently. They can speak on behalf of the doctor which can be uncomfortable
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very very nice and relaxing clinic. Depending on the clinic they can be very busy and crowded. Doesn’t always run on time. You can be waiting awhile. Can feel kind of lost when arriving if you don’t know where to go and they don’t really explain anything.
I had freeze all and I’m glad I did with the complications I had after retrieval.