Genetic counseling: Offered
Wilmington
1500 Medical Center Dr
Wilmington, NC 28401
910-763-9509
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Coastal Fertility Specialists to a friend?

3 doctors
Endometriosis, Other
It was suggested to transfer a single embyro and we did not discuss in any depth a multiple embryo transfer option. Early on Dr. Schnorr provided education on the risks of a multiple pregnancy...At times I felt like his approaches were aggressive and looking back I understand his approach but I lacked the education on infertility, treatment protocols and endometriosis to understand all of his decision making...I was extremely emotional during the consultation to begin treatment and he suggested I see a therapist implying that I was overly emotional.
We did three IUI cycles using letrazole, gonal F injections, ovidrel and prometrium [at Coastal Fertility Specialists]...I have had positive experiences with all nursing staff and especially Andrea. She has been warm, compassionate and prompt in answering questions and returning phone calls...Their anesthesiologist is not contracted and you have to pay for anesthesia up front (usually $400) but they will provide you a form for insurance reimbursement. I was told by the pharmacy that the clinic receives a special rate of gonal f pens which is lower than retail.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr explained things thoroughly in terms of my diagnosis and treatment. I was extremely emotional during the consultation to begin treatment and he suggested I see a therapist implying that I was overly emotional. Although I value therapy, I did not want to pursue it and it made me feel as if it was not OK for me to share the emotional impact infertility has had on me with him. At times I felt he became defensive with me when I questioned why I was doing ultrasounds and definitely when we went against his recommendation for our IVF protocol. At times my experiences with him were positive but I preferred interacting with the nursing staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Do your own research so that you can be informed and clarify your own expectations. Fertility IQ has been a great resource to fill in the blanks for education the clinic leaves out or to make our own decisions on treatment protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I have never really felt like my personality meshed well with Dr. Schnorr. It could be in part because I have some discomfort working with a male physician. I think that the rest of the staff at Coastal is excellent. At times I felt like his approaches were aggressive and looking back I understand his approach but I lacked the education on infertility, treatment protocols and endometriosis to understand all of his decision making. I often had my guard up due to perceptions that fertility clinics operate as a business and may make recommendations for patients based on revenue. On a few occasions I was called out of the waiting room due to other patients being present with the same first name and being mixed up. At one point a staff member (who I had seen 3 days prior) tried do an intake on me after I had been a patient for about a year.
Describe the protocols John Schnorr used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
We did three IUI cycles using letrazole, gonal F injections, ovidrel and prometrium. I was happy with the IUI protocols because adjustments were made each protocol that felt individualized, and we were more aggressive with gonal F each round to increase my chance of success. Although our IUI's were not successful it helped me become more comfortable with the clinic and build trust as I got to know staff and they tailored my protocol. I had friends seeing other doctor's tell me that they were disappointed their doctor had not been open to using a similar medication protocol or that they were using clomid with significantly worse side effects which gave me confidence in my treatment. We started IVF with a sonohysterogram and Lupron in the luteal phase.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Hall)
I have had positive experiences with all nursing staff and especially Andrea. She has been warm, compassionate and prompt in answering questions and returning phone calls. She shared that she was a fertility patient in the past which is comforting to know. I enjoyed having Sharon as an ultrasound tech because she was gentle and thorough and would explain in detail what the ultrasound readings were.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Coastal has better success rates than other clinics/RE's in the Charleston area. I would definitely recommend fertility treatment there vs. with another doctor or clinic. At times they weren't great at communicating next steps, the reason for procedures or providing thorough patient education.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I had some insurance benefits. We paid about $2200 out of pocket for 3 IUI's which was comparable to what we were quoted. We paid a $6200 cycle fee for IVF and chose not to use insurance benefits for medication and were gives a quote of $3900 out of pocket for medication. Their anesthesiologist is not contracted and you have to pay for anesthesia up front (usually $400) but they will provide you a form for insurance reimbursement. I was told by the pharmacy that the clinic receives a special rate of gonal f pens which is lower than retail.
Describe John Schnorr's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
It was suggested to transfer a single embyro and we did not discuss in any depth a multiple embryo transfer option. Early on Dr. Schnorr provided education on the risks of a multiple pregnancy. Based on research we had done with Fertility IQ we agreed with the decision to transfer a single embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists.

Waking up from surgery [at Coastal Fertility Specialists] I was told they were unable to retrieve any eggs from my right side then proceeded to ask if we did our trigger shot at the right time. Which we did. I was still groggy and waking up, I personally felt like we were rushed out of there unable to ask the questions needed...My husband and I live in Columbia, SC so we were monitored in the Lexington office. The nursing staff as well as coordinators at this location are so so great. We had no issues scheduling or communicating with the Lexington office.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Our experience with Dr. Cook was that she is a caring doctor who does want what is best for the patient. She is very very kind and confident but communicating with her was difficult. It felt like she had a lot of patients to handle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Make sure you try to communicate as clearly as you can. Ask every question you can imagine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Felt somewhere in between. At first our relationship was great and she has a very kind and caring bedside manner, but when our retrieval and transfers didn’t go as planned communication was very difficult. We didn’t get many answers and it was hard to get her or my nurse on the phone for conversations. When we tried to call out of respect to explain we were switching doctors we never got a call back. That made us feel like a number.
Describe the protocols Heather Cook used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Will do my best here it's been over a few years. Dr. Cook recommended starting with IUI, we did 3 all resulting in 0 positive pregnancy tests. Medication and protocol was tweaked each round. Here were the meds I was on during those IUI'S- Gonal-F RFF 300IU, Ovidrel 250 MCG, Progesterone 200MG (50 Cap), Letrozole 2.5 MG Tablet (5 tab). If I remember correctly medicine was increased in dosage each IUI round. (especially Gonal, my follicles were slow to grow). IVF Retrieval - Dr. Cook Retrieved 9 eggs (which was not a number we were happy with given I had close to 19 good size follicles my last check up before transfer), 7 fertilized, 2 embryo's made it to day 5, both were frozen for a FET. We were told they were a "good grade" based off their grading system. We did not have them tested, it was not recommended to us because we were young. Waking up from surgery I was told they were unable to retrieve any eggs from my right side then proceeded to ask if we did our trigger shot at the right time. Which we did. I was still groggy and waking up, I personally felt like we were rushed out of there unable to ask the questions needed. Medicine protocol for retrieval- HCG Dilution 100 Units, Cetrotide .25 Mg inj, Gonal F REF #900 IU pen, hCG 10,000 IU dispense 1 vial (trigger), Lupron 4mg/.8 ml trigger kit (did not end up using lupron as a trigger just the hcg trigger), Estrace 1mg 180 tablets, Progestrone in oil 50mg/ml #3- 10ml vials 1ml IM as directed, Prometrium 200 mg #50 insert 1 @ bedtime (as directed). FET #1- Dr. Cook recommended transferring one seemingly healthy day 5 embryo. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We were told it was more than likely it was an embryo quality issue Here was our medicine protocol- "Escalating Estrace Protocol CPET" Estrace 1MG tablet 2X/day (am &pm) for 5 days then increase to 2 1mg tablet 2x/day for 4 days then increased to 2mg tablet 3x/day (8 am, 2pm, 8pm) remain on this until otherwise told. They ended up having me do my night time dose vaginally to help thicken my lining, on 13th day begin Progesterone in Oil Injection 1CC am increased to 2x/day the following day until transfer. After Transfer I stopped PM Progesterone Injections and began prometrium one 200 mg capsule vaginally before bed. After our FET #1 Dr. Cook recommended an "endometrial Scratch" to toughen up the lining of my uterus and make it more sticky. She informed us it is a somewhat new procedure that has been shown to help with transfers. We did that before FET #2. Dr. Cook also recommended a round of antibiotics in case there was any inflammation (ie endometriosis) also it is as I understood common to go on after a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. FET #2- Did not result in a positive pregnancy test. The only difference was adding antibiotic. Medicine Protocol- Started antibiotic first day for 8 days- Escalating Estrace Protocol CPET. Estrace 1MG 2X/Day for 4 days- increased to 2mg 2x/day for 4 days- increased to 2mg 3x/day remain on this until otherwise instructed. 13th day begin Progesterone in Oil Injection 1CC am increased to 2x/day the following day until transfer. After Transfer I stopped PM Progesterone Injections and began prometrium one 200 mg capsule vaginally before bed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Becky Welch)
My Nurse was Becky she was also a nurse coordinator Nurse Becky was very very kind and friendly. She did make us feel like she cared about us and our outcome. We did feel like she was hard to get a hold of. I would not get phone calls returned in a timely manner (while i was in a protocol calendar). She started emailing so communication was ok for awhile, but then I would send a couple- a few emails with no response. Then we would call with no timely response ultimately have to call the front office for help. it felt as if she had too many patients or was just too busy. Dr. Cook and Becky work out of the Mt. Pleasant office. My husband and I live in Columbia, SC so we were monitored in the Lexington office. The nursing staff as well as coordinators at this location are so so great. We had no issues scheduling or communicating with the Lexington office.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Strengths- Welcoming and professional environment. They seem to be able to get you in for your initial workup and consultation quickly. Nurse and doctors are all very friendly and welcoming making your first visits a lot easier because you feel comfortable. Weaknesses- Communication. There seems to be issues with being able to get anyone on the phone. Which when you are in a treatment cycle can be very stressful if you have a question. In our experience it seems as if we had to call the clinic to keep them on track, ask for results, things to be faxed etc. It almost seems as if they have too many patients and not enough staff to be attentive to everyone which ultimately made us feel like just a number rather than people so we switched clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
IUI- $625 (NOT including medicine) IVF- (14,890 Total not including medicine + anesthesia) Stimulation Monitoring $5,339, Retrieval Procedure $2,270, Embryology $4,570, FET $2,165 , med apprx $6,188
Describe Heather Cook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I don't ever remember there being a conversation about if we even had an option. We knew it was recommended to do a FET and to transfer one embryo because of our age, but other than that there was not much of a conversation. We should have asked more questions.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists.

Male Factor, Unexplained, Other
We discussed the concerns of doing two embryos but felt with my test results two was the best. He [Dr. Michael Slowey] was very good about really looking and talking through this choice...always had time to answer my questions. He never rushed us through. He was very thorough in explaining what was going on and what we would do. He was straight forward, which I liked because I wanted to know the facts and not have a false hope or vision.
I did a fresh transfer with IVF [with Coastal Fertility Specialists]. I did have to take extra days of Gonal F because my eggs didn't grow large enough as fast as expected. I did have a frozen transfer after miscarrying the first baby at 8 and half weeks. We did a D and C with Dr.Slowey. We did genetic testing and found nothing wrong there. We then prepares for a frozen transfer of my last 2 embryos...The nurses in the Lexington office were AMAZING. I remember crying on Heather's shoulder for what felt like forever when we lost our first at 8 and half weeks. She was there for every call and made sure I always knew what was going on. Ashley drew my blood and always spoke to me and remembered things specifically about me. The two made you feel like your were best friends or family.
Male Factor, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Slowey is incredibly knowledgeable and very thorough. He does talk quickly sometimes but will slow down when you ask. He never made me feel like I was bothering him asking questions or wanting to know more. He would talk me through everything he was doing or seeing. He explained every step of the way. He is straight forward and would try to be very compassionate but sometimes his straightforwardness could get in the way. I would definitely go back to Dr.Slowey. Even today after having my girl he is so happy to see us visit the clinic and talks about how things are going.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
If you need someone to hold your hand and talk sweet and soft to you this is not the doctor. If you want someone who is going to talk to give you the facts and be straightforward this is the doctor for you. Also never be afraid to ask questions! You are not bothering anyone when you do!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Slowey always had time to answer my questions. He never rushed us through. He was very thorough in explaining what was going on and what we would do. He was straight forward, which I liked because I wanted to know the facts and not have a false hope or vision.
Describe the protocols Michael Slowey used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I did a fresh transfer with IVF. I did have to take extra days of Gonal F because my eggs didn't grow large enough as fast as expected. I did have a frozen transfer after miscarrying the first baby at 8 and half weeks. We did a D and C with Dr.Slowey. We did genetic testing and found nothing wrong there. We then prepares for a frozen transfer of my last 2 embryos. I had a live, full term birth in May 2017. Dr. Slowey did say that if I chose to do IVF again he would change some of my protocol because of my lack of response to the medicine during this round. He didn't elaborate on that at the time of the visit. We have not been able to go back to do another round due to money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
My clinic was great. They were slightly expensive but about average for South Carolina. They had an office here that could do a lot of the procedures except the retrieval and D and C. That had to be done in Mt.Pleasant. the only downfall is they are very large so sometimes it was tough to get in with a doctor to get started but once you were in it was easy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
For my first consultation I believe the testing and all was around 200 dollars but insurance covered many of the blood tests. The IVF was 12,500. I spent 9500 for medicine. I had 800 in two procedures I had to be put under anesthesia but received some.of that back from insurance. My D and C was covered by insurance. The frozen transfer was 3000 but I was given medicine so I didn't not have to pay for those and I had a little left for insurance for that. All in all after 15000 in insurance we paid just under 18000 for everything, 2 transfers, all testing, monitoring, genetic testing and the D and C.
Describe Michael Slowey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
We discussed the concerns of doing two embryos but felt with my test results two was the best. He was very good about really looking and talking through this choice.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
[Dr. Michael Slowey] called me personally multiple times and was always very concerned with my comfort during procedures and very patient answering literal pages of questions that I would bring to appointments...He was very thorough in clarifying our goals, understanding our concerns, and updating care plan and interventions to meet our needs...He was also very good at presenting the facts and our difficult prognosis with compassion
Heather [nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists] was always so calm and positive, I can’t tell you how many times she let me cry in her office before I had to go back to work. She always remembered to call me on days off or email me on days I worked and was great at updates...They forgot to tell me I could get a period during stimulations which caused a bit of a panic for me...The clinic is very comfy and mellow environment but the Charleston clinic that does the procedures really dropped the ball, they had me mistaken for someone else and said my husband needed to give a sample and I panicked thinking they had lost our only frozen sample
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He was very thorough in clarifying our goals, understanding our concerns, and updating care plan and interventions to meet our needs. He was very available both phone and email and staff called me multiple times just to check in on me. He was also very good at presenting the facts and our difficult prognosis with compassion
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, he’s very kind and thorough and wants to make sure you feel comfortable with your decisions and plan
My dr called me personally multiple times and was always very concerned with my comfort during procedures and very patient answering literal pages of questions that I would bring to appointments
My treatment involved a lot of high doses due to my low function, I took hcg, max of gonal F, and another drug that burned a lot. Frequent blood tests and ultrasound to check progress with dose adjustments every 24-48 hours, it was a very specific and personalized approach. We managed to get 15 eggs and 4 good embryos so I’m over the moon
Heather was always so calm and positive, I can’t tell you how many times she let me cry in her office before I had to go back to work. She always remembered to call me on days off or email me on days I worked and was great at updates
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Well oiled machine and always speedy
Dr Slowey was about half of what we were paying and they had a lot more options
Not to this point yet

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
For my age she [Dr. Heather Cook] will not transfer multiple embryos. She described a number of risks for both the fetuses and my health...genuinely cares about our wishes to start a family and has been flexible in medications and protocol depending on our results. Even when she did not do my last retrieval she was there to pep me up before and was the first one I saw when I woke up. She does the ultrasounds before the retrieval and makes time to talk when I have concerns.
She [nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists] took the time to really walk me through the injections and show me how to do everything. She is very compassionate...I can go in for monitoring appointments anytime during the week from 7-9:30am and they are open weekends also. I can get in and out in 15 min, 30 tops with an ultrasound and no complications...Attain 3 cycle program $28,100...They are efficient, organized, friendly, clean, and knowledgeable. The triage nurses are amazing. It’s a well-oiled machine. The ultrasound techs are happy and friendly and don’t ever make you feel rushed even though you know they are busy.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She has compassion, is smart, clear in her communication and expectations. She makes us feel like she is doing all that she can to help us achieve our goal in starting a family. She does not make me feel like it is my fault in any way. When I was disappointed in my retrieval results I felt she was disappointed also.
Ask questions and be clear in what you want.
She genuinely cares about our wishes to start a family and has been flexible in medications and protocol depending on our results. Even when she did not do my last retrieval she was there to pep me up before and was the first one I saw when I woke up. She does the ultrasounds before the retrieval and makes time to talk when I have concerns.
Retrieval 1: birth control to regulate cycle, 30iu low dose hcg, cetrotide, 400 units Gonal f, novarel trigger shot. Retrieval 2: birth control to regulate cycle, testosterone cream for egg quality, 200mg x 3 Co-q-10, 30 iu low dose hcg, 400 units Gonal f, cetrotide, omnitrope, novarel trigger shot. Retrieval 3 (in progress): testosterone cream, 200mg x 3 co-q-10, 10units lupron, low dose hcg, cetrotide, Gonal f, novarel, omnitrope
I really like Andrea and she is very knowledgeable about the process of ivf. She has been described by other nurses in her position as “old-school” but not in a derogatory way. She has not been consistent with emailing protocol and uploading my lab results to the online portal which is somewhat frustrating though not detrimental to the process. She took the time to really walk me through the injections and show me how to do everything. She is very compassionate. I was disappointed she did not call to check on me after my second retrieval and I didn’t hear from her until I reached out a week later. Besides communication she has been wonderful.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I can go in for monitoring appointments anytime during the week from 7-9:30am and they are open weekends also. I can get in and out in 15 min, 30 tops with an ultrasound and no complications. When I had a cyst that needed to be aspirated Dr. cook dropped everything she was doing to take care of it herself immediately and I was still out of the office within 1 hr.
Total roughly $40k and still no baby. Am currently in treatment. Attain 3 cycle program $28,100 Anesthesia for 3 retrievals $1350 Medications ~$10k Pregenetic screening not yet paid for Have personal insurance with ZERO coverage for anything. Have spoken with Blue Cross SC multiple times and they offer no independent insurance plans with coverage.
For my age she will not transfer multiple embryos. She described a number of risks for both the fetuses and my health.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained, Other
I felt like Dr. Cook was somewhat understanding of our current condition but as we need to do IVF with PGD but she suggested we do several back to back retrievals due the autosomal dominant heart disease my husband carriers due to the cost of the PGD testing to "bank" embryos...was point forward with the steps of IVF but did not have much remorse regarding the cost especially adding on the cost of the IVF. She was able to have a quick explanation of IVF process but did not ellaborate on the medications we will be using or how she was able to count the follicles on my US.
[Costs at Coastal Fertility Specialists] 47,000$ approximately with IVF (two retrievals, medications, blood work and PGD testing one time )...During our initial consult they seemed so open a "one for all" attitude but it has not seem that way...The nurse Becky was compassionate when crying in her office but I do realize they are very busy and when trying to get phone calls back I had to follow up with a few phone calls. Very nice lady...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Cook was point forward with the steps of IVF but did not have much remorse regarding the cost especially adding on the cost of the IVF. She was able to have a quick explanation of IVF process but did not ellaborate on the medications we will be using or how she was able to count the follicles on my US.
It is a hurry up and wait process. I needed documentation filled out by Dr. Cook and she reported she could get the paperwork done within the next day and it took almost a week in a half to get this valuable documentation but she has been successful with other patients and was easy to talk to during our visit.
IVF with PGD testing but did not go into the medications
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Becky)
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Clinic strengths - have shown successes with many people I know Weaknesses - I was told that Coastal fertility do monitoring for patients going to an outside facility. I have tried to pursue this options since deciding with going with our original fertility specialist back home. It has been very hard to get simple blood work done for our PGD testing without Coastal charging 75$ per person (Self and husband) and then 40$ per person for the "blood work" even though I have everything from the test tubes, the prepaid packaging to send to the labs - all I needed was simply to have the blood taken. During our initial consult they seemed so open a "one for all" attitude but it has not seem that way.
eSET with being hopeful to having healthy embryos
+ Read more- Read less

After years of "unexplained infertility" it was a breath of fresh air to have a diagnosis within ten minutes of speaking to her, which she then confirmed via ultrasound. ... I was diagnosed with Stage IV endometriosis, and as a result, Dr. Cook offered to skip IUI altogether and go straight to IVF. ... Be direct about your wants/desires, she will listen. ... she started me on CoQ10 to improve egg quality and we saw improvement between my initial ultrasound and my second ultrasound in the number of follicles available.
The medical staff is outstanding, but like most offices the administrative staff has their weaknesses. We had a few billing hiccups that were frustrating, but eventually got taken care of. I believe the quality of embryologists makes a big difference in outcomes, and I believe the embryologists at Coastal [Fertility Specialists] are second to none. All of the nursing staff, ultrasound techs, etc. make a point to get to know you and make you feel at home.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
We loved our experience with Dr. Cook and are so thankful she helped us conceive our miracle. After years of "unexplained infertility" it was a breath of fresh air to have a diagnosis within ten minutes of speaking to her, which she then confirmed via ultrasound.
Be direct about your wants/desires, she will listen.
Dr. Cook always spoke to us in a way that was easy to understand, and she always laid out all of our options in a nice, but direct way.
I was diagnosed with Stage IV endometriosis, and as a result, Dr. Cook offered to skip IUI altogether and go straight to IVF. We weren't financially in a place to try IVF right off the bat, so we opted for two IUI cycles. After the first failed, she adjusted my meds to try and get even more eggs to mature, although it ended up being unsuccessful. We only had to go through one IVF cycle with her, and she was very direct about doing a frozen only cycle, as she believes it's better to allow your body some time to rest after being on all of the hormones for the retrieval. We opted against genetic testing, and transferred one day 5 embryo that was a 5-AA rating. Also, at the beginning of my initial treatment with her, she started me on CoQ10 to improve egg quality and we saw improvement between my initial ultrasound and my second ultrasound in the number of follicles available.
Becky was always very responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The medical staff is outstanding, but like most offices the administrative staff has their weaknesses. We had a few billing hiccups that were frustrating, but eventually got taken care of. I believe the quality of embryologists makes a big difference in outcomes, and I believe the embryologists at Coastal are second to none. All of the nursing staff, ultrasound techs, etc. make a point to get to know you and make you feel at home.
IVF cost between 15,000 and 20,000; IUI was between 3000-5000
Due to my age, she felt confident we would have good quality embryos and, therefore, only needed to transfer one at a time. Furthermore, she believed it would be difficult for me to carry multiples and did not want to run the risk of transferring more than one embryo and one of the embryos splitting.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
De. [Dr.] Schnorr was very detailed with us from our consultation and continued to be so at every appointment after that. ... After diagnosed hydrosalpinx Dr. Schnorr suggested IVF as our best possibility for getting pregnant. ... He did retrieval, transfer, ultrasound after positive pregnancy test and D&C. After getting pregnancy test results from the nurse, he always called to follow up the same day and discuss plans for moving forward.
Both clinic locations [Coastal Fertility Specialists] are clean and organized. Staff are always pleasant and are very compassionate. The doctors are primarily in the Charleston office so scheduling with them in the Lexington office can be a little tricky and I would not wait until the last minute to make an appointment. ... Monitoring appointments are first thing in the morning. They're is never more than one or two other people in the waiting room, if any. On 95% of my appointments I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called back.
European, Black or African-American
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
De. Schnorr was very detailed with us from our consultation and continued to be so at every appointment after that. We did not see him for monitoring appointments (he is based in Charleston, we live in Lexington). He did retrieval, transfer, ultrasound after positive pregnancy test and D&C. After getting pregnancy test results from the nurse, he always called to follow up the same day and discuss plans for moving forward.
He is honest in giving you information about possibility for success and makes sure you understand risks involve. He follows recommended guidelines for transfers and his goal is to get you one healthy bay at a time.
Everyone in the clinic makes us feel very welcome. Our team knew my and my husband names and would remember personal things that came up in conversation and ask us about it at follow up appointments. Our nurse coordinator, Cherub, is amazing! I've never had a problem getting in touch with her and she always emails to check in on how we are doing. I love our clinic!
After diagnosed hydrosalpinx Dr. Schnorr suggested IVF as our best possibility for getting pregnant. We did one egg retrieval with a freeze-all. I believe this is Dr Schnorr's typical protocol in order to give your body time to recover after stinking and retrieval and get prepared for transfer. Genetic testing was not recommended for us. We transferred day 5 single embryos twice stating with the highest grades embryo (one early miscarriage, one failed). For our third transfer Dr. Schnorr recommended an endometrial scratch to help with implantation and gave us the option to transfer 2 embryos, which we did. This cycle also failed. Next, an ERA has been recommended to test receptivity and make and protocol changes as needed. This will be our next step.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cherub)
From the first visit, Cherub has been incredibly helpful. She has developed a gray rapport with my husband and I and is always quick to respond to emails. She has checked in with me after every procedure and is always offering support if needed.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Both clinic locations are clean and organized. Staff are always pleasant and are very compassionate. The doctors are primarily in the Charleston office so scheduling with them in the Lexington office can be a little tricky and I would not wait until the last minute to make an appointment. With that being said I have never not been able to get in with someone when I really needed to, even if it had to be a different doctor.
I do have some insurance coverage, however we have spent approximately $15k on one stim and retrieval cycle and 3 transfers and one D&C (including all monitoring and blood work) and medications.
Dr. Schnorr highly recommends single embryo transfers unless there are extenuating circumstances. He explains all of the possible outcomes, good and bad, for transferring more than one embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Doctor Slowey knows his job and has done a lot of research himself about infertility ... Doctor Slowey is very smart and takes his job seriously. Soon as you consult with him, he is down to business. He wants to get to the issue and get to work. Sometimes this comes off too blunt, but we can appreciate him seriousness. He was very stern on single embryo transfer. ... He is always cordial. ...
Coastal Fertility is excellent at what they do. Their facility and equipment are very up-to-date and maintained. They are always busy and handle the traffic well. They are organized and prompt with returning calls, messages. We have always had a smooth and enjoyable experience there. ... Coastal Fertility nurses are excellent. They are all busy at work and take great care of you.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Doctor Slowey knows his job and has done a lot of research himself about infertility. I completely trust his judgement on our treatments. He can be blunt, but wants you to have an honest, realistic opinion. He is always friendly and genuinely mannered.
Be prepared for worst case scenario. He is honest and wants you to be prepared. Ask questions and be understanding. He knows what’s best and is extremely knowledgeable.
Doctor Slowey is very smart and takes his job seriously. Soon as you consult with him, he is down to business. He wants to get to the issue and get to work. Sometimes this comes off too blunt, but we can appreciate him seriousness. He is always cordial.
Doctor Slowey started us off with a low dose for our first IUI treatment which I appreciate. If overdosed, your cycle is likely to be canceled. He upped that dosage for our second IUI cycle and had the clinic monitor us closer. The cycle was perfect, but didn’t work due to our unexplained infertility. He is now suggesting move straight to IVF for sake of time, money, and emotional state which we agree on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison Ribeiro )
Coastal Fertility nurses are excellent. They are all busy at work and take great care of you. They always make us feel welcome and have a smile on their faces. We are always impressed with the atmosphere and their diligence.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Our insurance doesn’t cover any fertility fees. We have paid out of pocket for every single appointment. Their prices were competitive with our local OB. Appointments were to be paid in full as they were administered in Mt. Pleasant. If we had an appointment in Myrtle Beach we could pay it at our next Mt. Pleasant visit which was convenient for us.
He was very stern on single embryo transfer. He explained due to our young age, healthy records, and no past miscarriages. Transferring 2 embryos can lead to a risky/dangerous pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Schnorr] was very thorough in explaining all of the hormonal imbalances and the need for IUI to be the best option for me. He was always the one to guide me if the treatment plan shifted, which it did almost every time, until he eventually figured out my correct protocol. If there was one thing to change my only wish would be that he had been slightly more personable rather than strictly professional, honestly I didn’t care though because he is an amazing physician. I felt well taken care of by his medical expertise and I was happy that he seemed to think we wouldn’t need IVF.
Strengths [at Coastal Fertility Specialists]-small, close knit, able to get everything done under the same roof and everything is very routine at the mount p office-you can tell they run like a well oiled machine. I felt very comfortable with the US techs as they were very experienced with their scanning. Also they’re open on weekends which is apparently not every RE office Cons-not much to say other than occasionally the visits took slightly longer than expected but I assumed that was due to the occasional bad news being delivered to other patients
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He was very thorough in explaining all of the hormonal imbalances and the need for IUI to be the best option for me. He was always the one to guide me if the treatment plan shifted, which it did almost every time, until he eventually figured out my correct protocol. If there was one thing to change my only wish would be that he had been slightly more personable rather than strictly professional, honestly I didn’t care though because he is an amazing physician. I felt well taken care of by his medical expertise and I was happy that he seemed to think we wouldn’t need IVF.
Come prepared with questions written, he talks fast!
Initially we tried letrozole 2.5mg x days cd 2-5, then with a trigger shot after monitoring-We did an IUi with a 17mm follicle. IUI #1 failed. Then we tried Gonal f 75 stim cd 3-14 and then with monitoring and gradual increases and my body didn’t respond at all, then we took the next month off. Then...he added Gonal f again at 125 daily 3-9 with micro hcg at 30 daily and I triggered a large follicle with 10,000 hcg and had iui that was successful!
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Strengths-small, close knit, able to get everything done under the same roof and everything is very routine at the mount p office-you can tell they run like a well oiled machine. I felt very comfortable with the US techs as they were very experienced with their scanning. Also they’re open on weekends which is apparently not every RE office Cons-not much to say other than occasionally the visits took slightly longer than expected but I assumed that was due to the occasional bad news being delivered to other patients
I had insurance coverage for one IUI cycle and we paid 1000 out of pocket, then we took out a 10k loan for meds and only used 3k of it
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Cook is very approachable and sympathetic. I never felt rushed and she took the time to answer any questions that I had with a lot of detail....Every visit she was pleasant and explained what was going to happen thoroughly. She was easy to communicate with through my assigned nurse and always answered in a timely manner. At the beginning we asked about IVF along with IUI and she was willing and able to give us all of this information up front and explained everything.
The clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] looks great and I was always treated like a person and not a number. I was never bunched in a room with 100s of other people. It always felt calm and relaxing. I do not feel that they have any weaknesses. They have an amazing staff and a great facility.... I was assigned Becky during my first visit. This was amazing, since my previous clinic did not do this. Becky gave me documentation of everything that we talked with Dr. Cook about. S
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She took her time and never rushed me with what I was feeling or with the questions I had. Every visit she was pleasant and explained what was going to happen thoroughly. She was easy to communicate with through my assigned nurse and always answered in a timely manner. At the beginning we asked about IVF along with IUI and she was willing and able to give us all of this information up front and explained everything. She did not push us one way or the other, but gave us her advice and let us make the right decisions for my husband and me.
Ask her any question you have, even if you think it is stupid or not important. She is willing to answer anything and takes everything you have to say seriously.
Dr. Cook was the second doctor that we saw, and had already complete Clomid cycles, another fertility drug cycle, and 2 IUIs. We were on the fence about trying other IUI and were looking for more information on IVF. Dr. Cook looked through our records and was surprised about certain tests that weren't run or that they did not do any ultrasound monitoring by our previously clinic and wanted us to run those test and try one more round of IUI with injections and ultrasounds. She understood why we would not want to do another IUI and was happy to give us all the information on IVF that we asked for. After reviewing everything that we talked about with Dr. Cook, we decided to do one last IUI with injections using her as our doctor. This did not work and we have now decided to more forward with IVF.
I was assigned Becky during my first visit. This was amazing, since my previous clinic did not do this. Becky gave me documentation of everything that we talked with Dr. Cook about. She gave us plans to more forward with IUI or IVF. Becky also gave me her email and phone number where I could call or email her at any time.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic looks great and I was always treated like a person and not a number. I was never bunched in a room with 100s of other people. It always felt calm and relaxing. I do not feel that they have any weaknesses. They have an amazing staff and a great facility.
The cost was equal to the cost at the first clinic we went to in Nashville. We paid around $2500 for our IUI with injections and ultrasounds. The estimate for IVF is around $20,000.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological
[Dr. Schnorr was] Very personable but he also didn’t waste your time with small talk...Knowledgeable, and kind. He predicted our numbers based on my age and diagnosis PERFECTLY. That made me feel like he had been doing this for a long time. Had to rely a lot on his staff because of my location...He will listen to you and take all the time you need to answer questions so have your questions ready!... He suggested a single embryo transfer based on my age 32. He suggest ICSI based on my husbands sperm sample. He suggested frozen transfer transplant based on his success rate.
[Coastal Fertility Specialists has] Multiple locations which is nice living in Columbia where there are not many clinics. Had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the transfer and retrieval. Other then that could do everything in Columbia. Clinic is clean and nice decor...You would see whichever doctor was in Columbia that day so you aren't always seeing Schnorr but 2/3 doctors were great and you always had the same nurse. Very helpful in scheduling around your work schedule.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Knowledgeable, and kind. He predicted our numbers based on my age and diagnosis PERFECTLY. That made me feel like he had been doing this for a long time. Had to rely a lot on his staff because of my location but the time sI did talk o him he was honest and to the point.
Very personable but he also didn’t waste your time with small talk
We were going to try IUI 2 - 3 times but after one failed cycle he was honest and said he didn't think based on husbands numbers we should do a second round. We did anyways for peace of mind and I don't have any regret. Then we did IVF. He suggested a single embryo transfer based on my age 32. He suggest ICSI based on my husbands sperm sample. He suggested frozen transfer transplant based on his success rate.
Best communicator I have ever met. She is firm and to the point but extremely efficient. I loved being able to email a nurse and get a response within 10 minutes. I have never had that with a doctors office before!
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Multiple locations which is nice living in Columbia where there are not many clinics. Had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the transfer and retrieval. Other then that could do everything in Columbia. Clinic is clean and nice decor. Its obvious that when you are paying out of pocket you are getting better treatment. You would see whichever doctor was in Columbia that day so you aren't always seeing Schnorr but 2/3 doctors were great and you always had the same nurse. Very helpful in scheduling around your work schedule.
2k for IUI treatment and medication 14k IVF 3k IVF medication Free consults $200 credit
He said that based on my age 32 I had a 60% chance of implantation. He thought it would be better and less risky to transfer one by one then multiples because of my high implantation chance. We knew it would be more expensive if first transfer doesn't work but we were willing to take the chance to avoid twins.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Schnorr is a very knowledgeable, compassionate, and trustworthy doctor. We have experienced nothing but positivity in each of our appointments. He makes sure we understand what we will be doing during each appointment and takes the time to answer any questions. He honestly makes you feel comfortable and knowledgeable during this journey....He is very informative yet has a very warm bedside manner. All of the tests my husband and I underwent he made sure himself that we were comfortable and understood what the test was for.
This is a very popular clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] with an amazing reputation with its doctors, nurses, and other staff. Getting an appointment for a consultation takes a little time, however this is similar to any other clinic. The staff are always friendly, informative, kind, and want nothing but to assist you in your journey....Our charge nurse Whitney Hoertz is amazing. Anytime I have a question or concern she is more than willing to answer. If I call or email she always responds the same day if she’s busy with other patients.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Go to Dr. Schnorr! He is an amazing doctor. You will love him as a doctor if you appreciate being treated as a human and learning all aspects of your infertility journey while having a say in your treatment.
Dr. Schnorr ran a lot of tests and made to cover all bases. Once these tests were complete he not only went over all of the results and what they meant, he also gave us a packet of the information for when we went home. That included what we went over, videos, and numbers and emails we could contact him and our charge nurse. He is very informative yet has a very warm bedside manner. All of the tests my husband and I underwent he made sure himself that we were comfortable and understood what the test was for. Our second opinion consultation lasted three hours. I appreciated that he went through the results and wanted to redo some. He also wanted to complete more results than our prior Dr. Once they were completed he went over our best options and consulted with us to make sure this was what we were wanting. Our previous doctor just wanted to “jump right into IVF”. I appreciate that Dr. Schnorr treats his patients as humans and cares about the outcome of their journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Whitney Hoertz)
Our charge nurse Whitney Hoertz is amazing. Anytime I have a question or concern she is more than willing to answer. If I call or email she always responds the same day if she’s busy with other patients. I appreciate that she knows my husband and I and that we have the same nurse every time and get to build a relationship with her.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
This is a very popular clinic with an amazing reputation with its doctors, nurses, and other staff. Getting an appointment for a consultation takes a little time, however this is similar to any other clinic. The staff are always friendly, informative, kind, and want nothing but to assist you in your journey.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Schnorr took time to learn about our personal situation and our beliefs. He asked me what I felt was important to me and my husband. He also explained everything in detail and answered as many questions as I had. ... He researches new protocols and tailors to each individual patient. When I asked him if a different protocol that I had found on the internet would work for me, he took time to explain why he didn't choose that for my particular situation and I ended up having more eggs than we both thought I would get!
The only thing I felt was that when I was just doing timed intercourse or IUI, the level of interest from the staff [Coastal Fert Spec] seemed less. Once I moved to IVF, they became increasingly more friendly and involved. This isn't true for the entire staff but it was noticeable in some. ... Sometimes there would be a 10 minute wait or so but the ultrasound tech is very quick and efficient. ... Andrea [nurse] is amazing. She is patient and kind and treats you almost like her own daughter.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is exceptional. He researches new protocols and tailors to each individual patient. When I asked him if a different protocol that I had found on the internet would work for me, he took time to explain why he didn't choose that for my particular situation and I ended up having more eggs than we both thought I would get!
Take a notepad with you with all of your questions. He will answer each and every one, patiently. He is thorough and will spend as much time with you as you need.
My protocol was testosterone cream for 20ish days that was applied to the inner arm once a day, 10 units of Lupron began 2 weeks before my period. Testosterone was stopped right after my period and 10 units of HCG began and Lupron was dropped to 5 units. I also began Gonal-F at 350 units and stimmed for 11 days. The last two days I was dropped down to 300 units of Gonal-F and then a HCG trigger on day 12. He used testosterone as prime to assist in producing more eggs. He expected 7-8 and I had 11 with 10 that were mature and then 5 made it to blast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea is amazing. She is patient and kind and treats you almost like her own daughter. She is there any time I need her, even it is just to talk. Everyone is friendly and gets very excited for you as you move through the process.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very good. The only thing I felt was that when I was just doing timed intercourse or IUI, the level of interest from the staff seemed less. Once I moved to IVF, they became increasingly more friendly and involved. This isn't true for the entire staff but it was noticeable in some. I originally had Dr. Cook, and she is young and seemed a little less experienced and knowledgeable than Dr. Schnorr. I felt in better hands with Dr. Schnorr and him knowing what exactly I needed.
It was a pretty smooth process. Sometimes there would be a 10 minute wait or so but the ultrasound tech is very quick and efficient.
IVF costs are around $12k without medications and IUI was around $700
He originally suggested two embryo transfer since he thought I would have a limited amount of healthy embryo's and it would give me a better chance that 1 would take. When it was all said and done I have 5 healthy embryos so he suggests only doing 1 to avoid risk of multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

I think Dr. Slowey is a brilliant man. So brilliant that he might ignore or dismiss simplistic items that could improve treatment results. I've had mixed interactions with him ranging from very cold and short to very compassionate. ... I felt so frustrated because I felt like my voice wasn't being heard and we ended up losing all of our precious embryos. ...
One of my biggest complaints is the amount of times they [Coastal Fertility Specialists] said something to us that was not accurate because they didn't bother to open my chart and read it. ... I really like the way monitoring is set up. It is every weekday morning between 7 and 9am, so it was very flexible. ... The billing department however, could use a major overhaul. I am constantly getting invoice in the mail that were paid months prior, at the time of service.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I think Dr. Slowey is a brilliant man. So brilliant that he might ignore or dismiss simplistic items that could improve treatment results. I've had mixed interactions with him ranging from very cold and short to very compassionate. I care more about him getting me pregnant than his bedside manner. But I haven't gotten pregnant yet, so my patience is growing thin.
I would say expect to do things his way in the beginning. I had so many cycles cancelled because he wanted to stick to his protocol. So either be very up front in your initial consultation about wanting an individualized plan or be patient. The problem with being patient though, is that time, money, and precious embryos may be wasted in the process.
In the beginning, we loved Coastal, but as the months dragged on, I think their patient volume increased exponentially. One of my biggest complaints is the amount of times they said something to us that was not accurate because they didn't bother to open my chart and read it. Sometimes it feels like they are trying to get as many scans, labs, and consultations done in one day to make the most amount of money.
IVF 1: Stimming and egg retrieval went well. We got 3 PGS tested normal embryos. The first transfer was cancelled due to my lining not thickening up and we went to transfer (just barely- again, due to lining) the following cycle. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We had a consult with Dr. Slowey following that failed transfer and he gave us the option to have the ERA test done, which we decided to move forward with. The ERA revealed that I was pre receptive which indicated adjustments needed to be made for the following cycle. The second transfer failed, after another two cancelled cycles due to my poor lining. I expressed my concern that I felt the protocol I was on was not working for my body, but he wanted to stick with it. We surprisingly moved directly into our third and final transfer for that round (it was our last embryo) which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I felt so frustrated because I felt like my voice wasn't being heard and we ended up losing all of our precious embryos. In Dr. Slowey's defense, he was going off what the ERA told us and wanted to stick with the protocol that gave us that information. I understand that. IVF 2 & 3: My husband and I met with Dr. Slowey after our final failed transfer to discuss next steps. I was very clear in that consultation that I would not do another round of IVF if it entailed the same thing we did for nearly a year. He completely agreed and apologized profusely for all the time and heartache we wasted in the process. I think perhaps his experience with me as a patient has given him a new perspective on what might work for some, doesn't work for all. We decided to batch our second and third rounds because of my age and so that we could get more embryos to work with. We ended up with a combined 9 embryos, which were PGS tested, and only 5 were normal. Dr. Slowey tried a brand new protocol for my frozen transfer prep which entailed completely different medication than the previous 3 transfers. My lining seemed to respond much better right away! We just had our fourth frozen transfer three days ago, so I'm currently in my "two week wait" to see if this new protocol worked for me or not.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Mollison)
I absolutely love my nurse, Kelly. We are in constant communication and over the last year and a half, she has become like family. She is always in a good mood, friendly, tries her best to say the right things to make us feel better about negative outcomes, and is very responsive to my emails.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I love the girls that work at the front desk. They are super friendly and always joking about how they need to at least name a conference room after my husband and I because we are in there so much. I've even connected with a few of the ladies on instagram- again, these people become like family. I ADORE my ultrasound tech, Sharon. She is so precious, always upbeat and so loving. She is the greatest. The billing department however, could use a major overhaul. I am constantly getting invoice in the mail that were paid months prior, at the time of service. We call them very confused and they say "Oh, its an automated billing system" but it has been happening since we started going there in Early 2017.
Our first round was approximately $10,000, which included insurance assistance. Medication was an additional $1,700, PGS testing was an additional $3,250 and we were charged a "cycle management fee" of $900 per cycle (including all the cycles that were cancelled). Plus $400/yr for embryo storage (which we had to pay right before we lost our last embryo- so messed up). For the second and third round, we did the Attain program which cost $23,000 up front (which covered two egg retrievals, ICSI, embryology, and all frozen transfers), medication was paid for out of pocket for approximately $4,000, PGS testing was $3,250. Monitoring was not included in our Attain program, which was another $2,000-$3,000. Embryo storage $400/yr.
My doctor is adamant about transferring a single embryo when is PGS tested normal because it has a greater chance of splitting. Multiple pregnancies have a higher risk of preterm labor, and other health complications for the mother, and more health risks for the babies.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Schnorr is so kind and compassionate. I saw him for a second opinion, and my husband and I were so impressed that we started a cycle with him less than a week later. He read my record and clearly explained why he believed my first cycle at another clinic failed. He explained what he would do differently and took all of my feelings into account when he made my protocol.... I would recommend doing your initial consultation at the main office, even if your monitoring will be at a satellite office.
The clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] was clean and comfortable, and all of the staff was very friendly. It didn't feel sterile like a doctors office. It was nice to be able to meet with your nurse to go over your medical plan and then go to the next office to go over your financial plan. Thw financial coordinator worked with the billing department to answer all my questions.... The costs were similar to the other clinics in the area. Monitoring $2327. Case management/retrievel $4630. Embryology $4590. Transfer $3101.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Don't hesitate to see Dr. Schnorr! I would recommend doing your initial consultation at the main office, even if your monitoring will be at a satellite office.
Dr. Schnorr was very compassionate and confident that he could help me. He does what is best for his patients instead of batching then like other doctors. He answered all of my questions candidly. He was going to be on vacation the day of my egg retrieval, and he called me personally a few days ahead of time to let me know that he wouldn't be there. He talked about my how my cycle was going and told me about the doctor who would be doing the retrieval. Dr. Schnorr always called me personally with my PGD results.
I had previously done a microdose lupron flare protocol with another doctor. I ended up with OHSS and all PGD abnormal embryos. Dr. Schnorr changed my protocol and had me use an LH trigger. I didn't get sick, and all of my embryos tested normal. He also liked to wait an extra day for the eggs to have more time to mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missledine)
My nurse was quick to make my schedule, call in refills on medication, and send me orders to have blood drawn at my local hospital instead of LabCorp.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic was clean and comfortable, and all of the staff was very friendly. It didn't feel sterile like a doctors office. It was nice to be able to meet with your nurse to go over your medical plan and then go to the next office to go over your financial plan. Thw financial coordinator worked with the billing department to answer all my questions.
My doctor recommended not doing PGD testing and transferring two embryos. I really wanted the PGD, and when rgey tested normal, he put only one in.
+ Read more- Read less

I feel as if she [Dr. Cook] hasn't taken individual circumstances into consideration. I feel like she's not attempting to dig deeper into why I'm not conceiving. I don't feel like she really cares if I get pregnant and maintain pregnancy. I've brought up health concerns she doesn't feel the need to address. I feel more as if I'm just a way to get more money, via IVF. She hasn't been all bad though, she is nice enough and returns calls when asked.
The clinic itself [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is clean, efficiently ran from what I can tell, and has good success rates. I've had good experiences overall. The only weaknesses I've experienced are the ones already described....Communication with patient concerns could use improvement. The billing needs to be linked between the different offices better. Had a small issue with billing, but did get it resolved with a phone call.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I feel as if she hasn't taken individual circumstances into consideration. I feel like she's not attempting to dig deeper into why I'm not conceiving. I don't feel like she really cares if I get pregnant and maintain pregnancy. I've brought up health concerns she doesn't feel the need to address. I feel more as if I'm just a way to get more money, via IVF. She hasn't been all bad though, she is nice enough and returns calls when asked. But I just don't feel as if she is "in my corner" on my conceiving and maintaining a pregnancy to a live birth.
Give her a try but if you're not 100% comfortable then find someone who will be a good fit for you
I feel she has not individualized my care. I feel she has not tried to be very aggressive with getting me pregnant. As if she feels I'm hopeless due to my age and weight and has not dug deeper into why it might not be working.
Letrozole cycle and a gonal-f cycle to encourage follicle growth. Trigger shot (Ovidrel) to induce ovulation prior to IUI. Both were unsuccessful.
My primary nurse was not always good about returning emails or phone calls. She started out great but soon after I constantly had to call again or email again to get answers. She was always nice when I did talk to her, though. Nurses and ultrasound tech at the monitoring office I went to (Columbia office) were excellent. Also, when I had to speak to another nurse when my primary nurse was away, they were always great as well.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic itself is clean, efficiently ran from what I can tell, and has good success rates. I've had good experiences overall. The only weaknesses I've experienced are the ones already described. Communication with patient concerns could use improvement. The billing needs to be linked between the different offices better. Had a small issue with billing, but did get it resolved with a phone call. However, I caution new patients to pay attention to your bill, and make sure you aren't getting charged for tests or procedures you didn't actually have.
It's expensive, but probably only slightly more than average. IUI itself was $650, but that doesn't include meds, ultrasounds, labs, or donor sperm. It was slightly less expensive at another clinic.
+ Read more- Read less

I like that Dr. Slowey is very matter of fact. But his one-on-one meetings sound rehearsed rather than personalized. Once we got to the very end of the meeting before he realized he had the wrong person's information page up on his computer. There is very little interaction with him -initial consult and after treatment failures are the only time you will talk to him. There is no effort made to let you know if he will not be the one there to perform your procedure himself. Out of all the procedures I've had done, he only has done one of them himself - otherwise, I've seen the other doctors from the practice.
The clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is organized and well-run. I have never waited more than 10 minutes for my appointments. It is clean, quiet and the staff get along well (or at least they appear to do so). There is a financial consultant on staff to help with financial concerns as well.... The nurses are the best part of this facility.... Close to $40k for 8 rounds of Clomid, 1 IUI, and 2 rounds of IVF under the Atain insurance program (including monitoring and meds)
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I always came away with the impression that Dr. Slowey is extremely knowledgeable in the field of fertility. I trust him with my care. I like that he is conservative in his approach and very well-informed. But the level of personalized care you receive from him leaves a lot to be desired. You rarely see or talk to him, and when you do, it is rushed and seems like he is rushing through your allotted time so he can move along to the next thing he has to do that day.
If you are looking for personalized, in-depth conversations and emotional guidance during your fertility treatment , this is probably not the right doctor for you. If you are more interested in no-nonsense, get-to-the point, knowledge and protocol-centered experience, then Dr. Slowey is a good choice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
The nurses are the best part of this facility.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is organized and well-run. I have never waited more than 10 minutes for my appointments. It is clean, quiet and the staff get along well (or at least they appear to do so). There is a financial consultant on staff to help with financial concerns as well.
Dr. Slowey is very conservative. He will suggest single transfer unless you have unique circumstances.
+ Read more- Read less

If male factor infertility (what our case is), be patient. Dr. Slowey will not start the IVF process until both male and female have had labs done, male has had genetic testing done and has gone to see the urology specialist recommended by Dr. Slowey.... Once we got my husbands semen analysis back and Dr.Slowey saw the drastic decline in numbers and the instant heartbreak his attitude changed. He began to bond with us on a personal level and once we said we would have to pass on IVF because it was out of our price range, he immediately made the decision to freeze my husbands sperm and waived the fee to freeze it.
My care coordinator [at Coastal Fertility Specialists] is Nurse Kelly and she has been awesome so far. In clinic she was able to answe every question we had or she was able to find an answer before we left the clinic. She helped us find the cheapest way to get our lab work done. She has replied back to every annoying email I have sent her while we wait and has emailed all of our lab orders to us the day we requested since we live two hours away. The nursing staff at our appointment was also amazing. Everyone made us feel very comfortable during a very vulnerable time.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
At first Dr. Slowey did not seem to show much empathy but as our appointment went on and the discussion of not being able to afford IVF came up how personality shifted. He showed compassion and explained that he knew what it felt like to be in our position. He seems To be incredibly knowledgeable and was able to answer every question we had. Although we have only had one appointment thus far, we are looking forward to our appointments in April and hopefully starting the IVF process then as well. Dr. Slowey made us genuinely feel as though he wanted us to start our family as much as we do ourselves.
If male factor infertility (what our case is), be patient. Dr. Slowey will not start the IVF process until both male and female have had labs done, male has had genetic testing done and has gone to see the urology specialist recommended by Dr. Slowey. Very frustrating wait but I can appreciate covering all of the bases.
Dr. Slowey was pretty blunt with us to begin with and at first we felt like a number. He didn’t seem to show much empathy of the fact that we wanted to try IUI but it just wasn’t an option according to their clinic. Once we got my husbands semen analysis back and Dr.Slowey saw the drastic decline in numbers and the instant heartbreak his attitude changed. He began to bond with us on a personal level and once we said we would have to pass on IVF because it was out of our price range, he immediately made the decision to freeze my husbands sperm and waived the fee to freeze it. He also waived another fee for one of the tests for us. We realized then that we were not just another number to him, but two people he felt like he can help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
My care coordinator is Nurse Kelly and she has been awesome so far. In clinic she was able to answe every question we had or she was able to find an answer before we left the clinic. She helped us find the cheapest way to get our lab work done. She has replied back to every annoying email I have sent her while we wait and has emailed all of our lab orders to us the day we requested since we live two hours away. The nursing staff at our appointment was also amazing. Everyone made us feel very comfortable during a very vulnerable time.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
As a new patient myself, only having one in clinic visit so far, I only have great things to say. Check in was easy and quick, we were called back within ten minutes of arriving, we never felt uncomfortable. The doctor and clinic were generous enough to waive the freeze fee for us since it was an unexpected decision. I truly have nothing negative to say so far, I hope it stays that way!
Initial visit, intrauterine ultrasound, semen analysis, all lab work, all covered by insurance. $400 for anesthesia for egg retrieval. Approx $11,800 for ivf with ICSI. $3,250 for embryo biopsy and PGD/PGS testing. We do not have a cost for medications yet as we are still awaiting for other test results.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Schnorr] is very detailed and thorough. He doesn’t over promise but remains very positive. He was there every step of the way and really made sure I knew the whole process. He would follow up with me personally and I never felt rushed with him. He also tries to be financially respectful.... on my retrieval protocol I was started on a very low dose and had to quickly change as I was not responding.
Ask questions and do research on your own about coverage and finances. I don’t think the staff [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is educated on financial options and coverage because I got most of my financial tips from the doctor. Most of the staff is kind and welcoming. One of my interim nurses wore flip flops in the office which really annoyed me.... They did forget to put me on the schedule multiple times for monitoring but they always fit me in and my biggest issue was my paperwork was given to someone else and I got hers with all her personal information and insurance information.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is very detailed and thorough. He doesn’t over promise but remains very positive. He was there every step of the way and really made sure I knew the whole process. He would follow up with me personally and I never felt rushed with him. He also tries to be financially respectful.
Do research and bring questions. I think regardless of who you see it is very important to ask questions and don’t be afraid to ask about failed cycles and finances. We typically don’t like to discuss but it is a big investment and he understands that.
He definitely has a very pragmatic approach and is encouraging.
I did 6 unmedicated iuis to reduce risk of multiples. Then I moved to ivf. I did retrieval one year ago transfer the next year. When I was on my retrieval protocol I was started on a very low dose and had to quickly change as I was not responding. I used low dose hcg in the morning and then added gonal f a few days in in the evening and then ganirelix to prevent early ovulation. I did this for about 17 days before getting my ovidrel shot to get my eggs retrieved. Because I’m petite I think he was worried about ohhs but I needed larger doses as I was not responding.
I had my regular nurse but she was on leave when I went through the process and felt very tossed around wit the nurses. There was a ton of miscommunication that I finally had to ask to speak only to dr schnoor about my protocols. There is a nurse who would do my u/s and she was amazing. Very encouraging and thoughtful. I felt like a team with her. When my other nurse returned she was there for retrieval but she made me feel like a burden.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Ask questions and do research on your own about coverage and finances. I don’t think the staff is educated on financial options and coverage because I got most of my financial tips from the doctor. Most of the staff is kind and welcoming. One of my interim nurses wore flip flops in the office which really annoyed me.
It was fairly organized. A few hiccups but overall easy.
I have probably spent 30k overall. With storage, iuis, appointments, procedures etc
Because I’m single it was recommended that I do 1 transfer.

Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
She [Dr. Cook] is the most patient, empathetic doctor I’ve been to. Makes all the difference when you’re going through something as difficult as infertility/recurrent pregnancy loss.... She’s empathetic, extremely intelligent, confident, and gentle. I couldn’t ask for a better RE. I have experienced 6 losses, have had 4 surgeries and 3 D&C’s, and have gone through infertility for 3 years.... Blood work to rule out other causes of miscarriage. Saline infusion sonogram and HSG- was diagnosed with one blocked tube. Hysteroscopy- diagnosed with Asherman’s syndrome post-uterine septum removal. IUI- failed.
The clinic itself [Coastal Fertility Specialists- Mount Pleasant] is set up like a day spa. The staff is extremely nice and accommodating. The whole experience is wonderful. The Charleston office is bigger than the Lexington office. I prefer the Lexington office.... Cherub Hutto is very knowledgeable and helpful. Easily reachable. She can be a little dry at times.... It’s a little pricey. For our one FET cycle, it’s almost 15 thousand dollars. This does not include medications, ERA biopsy, or PGS testing.
Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She’s empathetic, extremely intelligent, confident, and gentle. I couldn’t ask for a better RE. I have experienced 6 losses, have had 4 surgeries and 3 D&C’s, and have gone through infertility for 3 years. My previous RE was less than ideal. I have no doubt in my mind that she will give us our baby. Zero.
Ask as many questions as you want to. She will listen and answer for as long as it takes for you to leave feeling knowledgeable and comfortable.
She is the most patient, empathetic doctor I’ve been to. Makes all the difference when you’re going through something as difficult as infertility/recurrent pregnancy loss. Her confidence gives ME confidence that it will happen for us.
Blood work to rule out other causes of miscarriage. Saline infusion sonogram and HSG- was diagnosed with one blocked tube. Hysteroscopy- diagnosed with Asherman’s syndrome post-uterine septum removal. IUI- failed. Another hysteroscopy to check for scarring- no scarring but she removed a little more septum. Am currently in the process of taking stim meds for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cherub Hutto)
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic itself is set up like a day spa. The staff is extremely nice and accommodating. The whole experience is wonderful. The Charleston office is bigger than the Lexington office. I prefer the Lexington office.
Dr Cook strongly believes in only transferring one embryo unless she and medical history dictate it to be completely necessary to transfer two.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Schnorr is an excellent, knowledgeable doctor. He explains everything in great detail, and will ask for questions multiple times. He does talk a bit fast though, I always feel rushed at our appointments. When I had some tests done (a dye test of my ovaries and fallopian tubes), he was very kind and made me as comfortable as possible. He is a very upbeat, a straight-shooter, and down to earth.
The clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is modern, clean, and comfortable. The staff is attentive, courteous, and do their best to move your appointment along, answer any questions, and make you feel welcomed. The only thing I don't like is the terrible waiting room music - 70s light rock.... My Care Coordinator and the nursing staff are all extremely kind and sweet, and very, very compassionate. Most of them experienced some kind of infertility themselves, and have empathy and understanding of what I'm going through.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Don't let him rush you; ask all the questions you need to make sure you understand.
Dr. Schnorr explains everything in great detail. Each time we have an appointment to see him, we have to wait longer than we should...and he talks really fast like he's trying to fit it all in, but also end the appointment quickly so he can get back on schedule.
I was prescribed Gonal F injections, as well as an oral mediation to help promote ovulation (I can't remember the name). My right ovary needs more shots to respond than my left, so dosages are different, depending on which side I'm ovulating from. I would take a trigger shot when it was time to ovulate, and then we'd perform the IUI, with progesterone vaginal inserts to promote implantation. My first IUI resulted in my son in 2016. I naturally conceived in 2017, but it was ectopic and miscarried naturally. I went back to Dr. Schnorr, and we have started IUI treatments (the same course as before) with no success. We are about to begin our 3rd cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Hall )
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is modern, clean, and comfortable. The staff is attentive, courteous, and do their best to move your appointment along, answer any questions, and make you feel welcomed. The only thing I don't like is the terrible waiting room music - 70s light rock.
Testing: bloodwork, thyroid, hormone levels, fallopian tube dye test, sperm count and motility, vaginal ultrasound - approximately $3500 and I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. My IUIs (meds and insemination) cost between $1000 and $1500, depending on which ovary is active that cycle.

Anovulation, Other
At times doctor Schnorr seemed rushed when talking with me and did not elaborate or go into as much detail ... He was always very gentle in his communication with us ... At times between cycles I had questions the nurse wasn't sure about and Dr. Schnorr called me himself and I liked that he was willing to give that personal attention to my concerns. ... sometimes I felt that my doctor wasn't especially invested in my case
They [Coastal Fertility Specialists] are very busy a ... I have nothing bad to say about the clinic, the financial advisor was straightforward and helpful and everyone on the admin staff and nursing staff was amazing. ... The nursing staff were all compassionate, responsive, organized, and supportive. I felt like they were all on my team and really cared about my outcome of treatment.
Anovulation, Other
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr seemed to explain information as he would to someone with absolutely no knowledge of fertility or biology. This makes sense for many patients but I felt frustrated by it at times because I came in with a good amount of knowledge and understanding of fertility and wanted more information. He was always very gentle in his communication with us and listened to my desire for bypassing less effective approaches like reducing exercise and stress and waiting a year or two. At times between cycles I had questions the nurse wasn't sure about and Dr. Schnorr called me himself and I liked that he was willing to give that personal attention to my concerns.
Ask questions and ask about ALL of your options, he can be aggressive in the treatment approach and may not provide information that he doesn't think you will understand.
At times doctor Schnorr seemed rushed when talking with me and did not elaborate or go into as much detail as I would have liked about my underlying cause of infertility and all of my options. My nurse Jessica was always very responsive to all of my questions and compassionate in the way she helped me throughout the process. Dr. Schnorr was always supportive and gentle in his communication with us.
The first two IUI cycles was femara with gonal f injections with IUI and the third was injectables only (gonal f) with IUI. I am currently doing injections for my fourth IUI before moving to IVF. My understanding is that this is his approach due to my anovulation stemming from hypothalamic issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica wilkerson )
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They are very busy and sometimes I felt that my doctor wasn't especially invested in my case but other than that I have nothing bad to say about the clinic, the financial advisor was straightforward and helpful and everyone on the admin staff and nursing staff was amazing.
I have state health insurance with a lifetime maximum of 15,000 the first two IUI cycles we paid about $1,000 out of pocket and the third and fourth closer to $1,500. At this time we have used over $7,000 of our lifetime maximum.
I wish now that he would have started with femara or clomid only with timed intercourse to reserve our insurance lifetime maximum.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
he [Dr. Michael Slowey] will take the time, no matter how long it takes, to explain everything... during our consult I expected to be rushed like most doctors do to get to the next patient, but I was pleasantly surprised that my husband and I sat down and was explained everything thoroughly and was given time to ask any questions and had Dr. Slowey undivided attention. We felt like we were his only patient!
Everyone in the [Coastal Fertility Specialists] office was very caring. Even though we live more than 2 hours away, they answered all the questions every time I called if I wasn’t sure of the process. They were also very efficient and thorough...is a top notch facility. Going through the fertility checks can be awkward, but they made us feel very at ease and were very reassuring. The staff and doctors are some of the kindest and most compassionate I have ever seen.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Slowey was very compassionate, but honest with his answers to all of our questions and concerns. When all seemed hopeless, he was reassuring about our struggle with infertility.He was very thorough and caring.
Ask any questions and about any concerns, he will take the time, no matter how long it takes, to explain everything.
I am 40 years old and have never had children. I have been trying for years and decided to consult with Coastal Fertility and was happily greeted by a wonderful staff in the front office, and during our consult I expected to be rushed like most doctors do to get to the next patient, but I was pleasantly surprised that my husband and I sat down and was explained everything thoroughly and was given time to ask any questions and had Dr. Slowey undivided attention. We felt like we were his only patient!
My husband and I went to Coastal for a consultation and had a follow up for checkup but have yet to complete the process due to the financial cost. We due not qualify for the infertility coverage our insurance offers due to the fact that my husband had a vasectomy during his first marriage. We saved up $7500.00 to have a reversal done in 2016 but it did not work out. We are waiting to complete the process in the future when we can cover the cost of IVF out of pocket. We are looking forward to eventually continuing with Coastal Fertility and Dr. Slowey in the future.
Everyone in the office was very caring. Even though we live more than 2 hours away, they answered all the questions every time I called if I wasn’t sure of the process. They were also very efficient and thorough.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Coastal Fertility is a top notch facility. Going through the fertility checks can be awkward, but they made us feel very at ease and were very reassuring. The staff and doctors are some of the kindest and most compassionate I have ever seen.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Heather Cook] took time to talk to me, got me the tests I needed quickly, and called me herself when we got a positive pregnancy test with a high HCG...She told me the tests they do for RPL, we did those as quick as we could, and got the results back with really no explanation as to why I had the two miscarriages. I had read about low progesterone could cause it which was something we weren't really able to test, and asked it I could take that while trying. She allowed me to, and wanted me to start at ovulation. I did this and was pregnant the second month with the baby I'm carrying now. We are halfway through! I would say her just ruling out what could be wrong was great for my confidence. She was very knowledgeable.
they [the staff at Coastal Fertility Specialists] were knowledgeable, compassionate, and I felt that they really wanted to see us succeed. We didn't have any reasons for our losses, and progesterone suppositories seemed to do the trick for us, so we didn't have to undergo extensive treatments here. But we were happy with our experience...She [nurse] was great, answered my questions, and didn't make me feel crazy for asking a lot of questions.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I thought she was very competent and compassionate. She told me the tests they do for RPL, we did those as quick as we could, and got the results back with really no explanation as to why I had the two miscarriages. I had read about low progesterone could cause it which was something we weren't really able to test, and asked it I could take that while trying. She allowed me to, and wanted me to start at ovulation. I did this and was pregnant the second month with the baby I'm carrying now. We are halfway through! I would say her just ruling out what could be wrong was great for my confidence. She was very knowledgeable.
Continue to be your own advocate and read, ask questions, but know she is on your side!
She took time to talk to me, got me the tests I needed quickly, and called me herself when we got a positive pregnancy test with a high HCG. I felt like they really wanted me to succeed and knew how much it meant to me/my husband.
All I ended up being on was progesterone suppositories at ovulation through the first trimester. I was discharged after my baby was 8 weeks. She ran the whole RPL panel on me, and nothing came out that would be causing my RPL. That is why I asked to use progesterone. I also was told I could take a daily baby aspirin. I was lucky enough not to have to do any further in depth treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Becky Welch )
She was great, answered my questions, and didn't make me feel crazy for asking a lot of questions.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Just like with any doctor/physician be your own advocate still - but they were knowledgeable, compassionate, and I felt that they really wanted to see us succeed. We didn't have any reasons for our losses, and progesterone suppositories seemed to do the trick for us, so we didn't have to undergo extensive treatments here. But we were happy with our experience.
My insurance covered a good bit of the tests we had run, so we just had to pay my co-pays, and then % after that until we reached deductible. I didn't think the costs were astronomical.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Cook explained each procedure in detail, gave handouts, and even drew the process when the explanation became overwhelming. She always allowed plenty of time for to discuss any concerns and she encouraged questions. Sometimes when meeting her, the session could feel rushed. Patients can combat that by being as prepared as possible. I wish I had the opportunity to see her face-to-face more often, I am a patient at one of their satellite offices.
If there is one thing I could change about Coast Fertility, the billing department would it. Honestly, it's awful--in all of their offices. The Charleston office told me I had a $600 credit then sent me a bill for $800. The Columbia office billing specialist was just charging me random amounts, when confronted she said she didn't know how much to charge me.... The wait times were often aggravating--that's when it felt like you were a number and not a human.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She is very kind and warm. Don't be afraid to ask questions, she encourages them and is very detailed in her responses.
Dr. Cook and her staff were attentive and walked us through the process throughly. Infertility is such an emotional process, there were some times I felt like a number instead of a human. That could have been due to all of the hormones, lack of patience, or the unknown. The wait times were often aggravating--that's when it felt like you were a number and not a human.
Three IUI attempts with varying medication protocols before moving to IVF. First IUI was just oral medication, with the second and third IUI requiring oral and injectable medications.
I dealt with the nursing staff the most. Some days they were really busy and rushed, other days they were attentive with sometime showing favorites with patients. Heather was very knowledgeable but at times was very flat in her compassion. Emotions run high through this process so it's important to have self-awareness.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
If there is one thing I could change about Coast Fertility, the billing department would it. Honestly, it's awful--in all of their offices. The Charleston office told me I had a $600 credit then sent me a bill for $800. The Columbia office billing specialist was just charging me random amounts, when confronted she said she didn't know how much to charge me. Bills would come often with varying costs. I always paid same day of service so I'm not sure why the charges were so different/high. They always had excuses on why billing was never accurate. Was also told that they wouldn't discuss a loan option with me since insurance paid for some parts of treatment which is an unfair decision since they didn't know what insurance would pay and my financial situation. Honestly, the billing department would be the main reason I would not go to Coastal. It's too stressful in an already stressful enough situation.
Billing was never accurate or straightforward. I would say IUI without medication was around $1700.
Dr. Cooks approach is multiple embryo transfer (FET)
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Micheal Slowey] was very direct and helpful...effective. We didn’t waste time, which was important to me. I went in August for consult and was pregnant by October...First they checked my husbands sperm and once that checked out I went and got my Fallopian tubes checked...The clinic had me with different doctors though so I did not see Dr. slowey for that.
The clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] was very clean and professional and I felt like they knew what they were doing...We had a storm coming and instead of showing compassion about my worry that all this money and pain would all be for nothing, as I wouldn’t be able to do the iui she [the nurse] basically said tough that’s life I can’t control the weather. Even if there was nothing that could be done, her approach was terrible. It was the most vulnerable I ever felt and I would leave the meeting with her feeling sad and not hopeful. She was the only negative I take away from the clinic. Some people do jobs for too long.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He was direct and effective. We didn’t waste time, which was important to me. I went in August for consult and was pregnant by October. The clinic was very clean and professional and I felt like they knew what they were doing.
Train your head nurse to be more empathetic.
He was very direct and helpful, my only complaint was the nurse I had for the entire process. She wasn’t the kindest and made me not comfortable. This was a lot of money and hope and many other feelings and she wasn’t very sensitive to that. It could of been a much better experience.
First they checked my husbands sperm and once that checked out I went and got my Fallopian tubes checked. I did have to travel further for that procedure. The experience was good though, minus having to have a catheter put in. The clinic had me with different doctors though so I did not see Dr. slowey for that. Then I was on medication and shots. I got my blood drawn and ultrasound every 3 days to make sure my follicles were growing. Then I was instructed to use a trigger shot. There was a storm and the head nurse told me they wouldn’t be able to do my iui if the hurricane hit. That we would have to try again. So I ovulated a day early without the trigger shot and just had intercourse instead of the iui and we got lucky.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Heather Clayton)
She made me feel ridiculous for having concerns. We had a storm coming and instead of showing compassion about my worry that all this money and pain would all be for nothing, as I wouldn’t be able to do the iui she basically said tough that’s life I can’t control the weather. Even if there was nothing that could be done, her approach was terrible. It was the most vulnerable I ever felt and I would leave the meeting with her feeling sad and not hopeful. She was the only negative I take away from the clinic. Some people do jobs for too long.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
So wonderful, I went to both of their clinics and they are clean and professional and wonderful. The Lexington clinic is a little far out for me as well as Charleston but worth it. The waiting rooms weren’t cold and uncomfortable either .
I truly don’t remember it was a couple thousand and then meds were 200-300$ I was suppose to get iui which was another thousand but didn’t end up needing it.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Schnorr] then let us choose to do an unmedicated IUI before moving on to meds because I was so nervous about fertility meds...Dr Schnorr was always kind and patient, never rushed us. He always explained why we were doing a certain course of treatment, what his recommendations were, and our chances of success...Know that he won't sugar coat things. He'll be kind but he won't give you false hope if he doesn't think you have good chances...He was direct and honest but also warm in how he discussed our treatment.
They [Coastal Fertility Specialists] scheduled me very promptly for a consultation, within a month of calling...They handled my insurance with expert adeptness, minimizing our costs and even going above and beyond to help me with a billing issue that arose when I chose to do bloodwork closer to home for one of my betas. The doctors do rotate procedure days, so Dr Slowey did two of my IUIs, but they're both excellent doctors. For my second attempt to conceive, i did my monitoring at a satellite office in Bluffton, which was not nearly as smooth of an experience.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr Schnorr was always kind and patient, never rushed us. He always explained why we were doing a certain course of treatment, what his recommendations were, and our chances of success. He was direct and honest but also warm in how he discussed our treatment.
Know that he won't sugar coat things. He'll be kind but he won't give you false hope if he doesn't think you have good chances. And that's a good thing.
Dr Schnor explained the whole process himself, taking time to cover our options and the chances they gave us in his opinion. He then let us choose to do an unmedicated IUI before moving on to meds because I was so nervous about fertility meds, which was in retrospect very supportive of him because I know his success rates for unmedicated IUIs can't be great. When we returned to try to conceive a second child, he was visibly thrilled to meet our son that he helped us conceive and he tailored our plan to maximize insurance coverage while also using the plan that worked the first time (going straight to injectables).
We started with unmedicated IUI because I was afraid of fertility drugs as an unexplined infertility patient. He had recommended Femara IUI because he said in his experience people our age with unexplained infertility have a 5% chance per cycle on their own, 5% more with meds, and 5% more with IUI, so he wanted to combine it all for best chance of success. After one failed IUI, we moved on to Femara + Follistim TI cycle to maximize insurance coverage (at the clinic's recommendation). Then we did a Femara + Follistim IUI, and finally we did a Follistim IUI that resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy. When we returned to conceive again, we did one Follistim TI cycle at the doses that worked the first time, and that resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missildine)
Jan was empathetic and warm, prompt to respond and helpful in sorting out numerous issues with the lab where I had blood work done. She treated me and my myriad questions with respect and intelligent consideration. I did not like one of the nurses I met with when Jan was out of the office, however, and despite asking not to be assigned to her again, I continued to see her whenever Jan was absent. I cannot remember her name, but she had a way of making my every worry three times bigger (when I mentioned I was nervous about potentially conceiving twins, she started telling me that I had a 30% chance of twins, a 5% chance of triplets and "we've only had one set of quads" - whoa wasn't even thinking about triplets and quads, thanks lady) and making me feel like a cycle had failed before we even started ("Wow, the doctor said you have a 15% chance? That's way higher than we usually see with IUIs! So after this cycle, we will move on to IVF.") She was not my favorite person.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They scheduled me very promptly for a consultation, within a month of calling. My first go round, I went to the office in Charleston, which was brutal because it was a 2 hour drive there, but the office runs like a well oiled machine and my appointments were always quick and easy. While the drive was rough, the office support system was just what I needed when I was most emotionally vulnerable. They handled my insurance with expert adeptness, minimizing our costs and even going above and beyond to help me with a billing issue that arose when I chose to do bloodwork closer to home for one of my betas. The doctors do rotate procedure days, so Dr Slowey did two of my IUIs, but they're both excellent doctors. For my second attempt to conceive, i did my monitoring at a satellite office in Bluffton, which was not nearly as smooth of an experience. I had to get my blood work done at LabCorps, which often had a 1+ hour wait and usually lost my blood work order so I had to print copies. It was worth it to not drive 2 hours each way but only slightly when I was waiting 1-2 hours for blood work anyway. The experience was much better in the main office than the satellite office.
I seem to remember IUI cycles cost us $900 - $250 for a monitored cycle administrative fee and $650 fee for the IUI (I may not have those numbers perfect, and it was 2014). They did a great job working with our insurance and finding loopholes to get medication and monitoring covered.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Do not expect to fed rainbows - he [Dr. Michael Slowey] will tell you the truth, even if it means not having you as a patient. That said, he is also willing to try/test certain theories, but not if he doesn't have any evidence that they will work (and not without making sure you understand what is going on). The staff will give you the hugs - he will give you his expertise, with a mix of hope and compassion too.
The care I received [at Coastal Fertility Specialists] was outstanding. Everyone knew my name. We had an assigned nurse, who communicated with us clearly and quickly. Dr. Slowey spent all the time we needed explaining everything we asked, and answered us candidly. He told us what to expect, not falsely positive nor negative. Straight answers, with a lot of compassion and a bit of hope. It's clean, modern and nice. We were always taken on time, never made to wait. It is very discreet. New patients and those coming for a procedure don't cross paths. These guys are really organized! It was as nice as any fancy car showroom I've been to :)
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Slowey is compassionate and no nonsense. He deals in facts and science, but will also tell you what he doesn't know (and there is a lot the doctors do not know in infertility!). He is not "touchy-feely", but yet is very kind and gentle. We were always getting new bad news (not their fault, just facts) and he never hid from telling us the truth, yet told us gently. He's a great doctor, has a tremendous amount of experience and cares about his patients.
Do not expect to fed rainbows - he will tell you the truth, even if it means not having you as a patient. That said, he is also willing to try/test certain theories, but not if he doesn't have any evidence that they will work (and not without making sure you understand what is going on). The staff will give you the hugs - he will give you his expertise, with a mix of hope and compassion too.
The care I received was outstanding. Everyone knew my name. We had an assigned nurse, who communicated with us clearly and quickly. Dr. Slowey spent all the time we needed explaining everything we asked, and answered us candidly. He told us what to expect, not falsely positive nor negative. Straight answers, with a lot of compassion and a bit of hope.
600 IU Ubiquinol for 3 months before starting. IVF 1: micro flare (short Lupron) protocol started with birth control pills Results: suppression did not work, "broke through" Lupron. Cycle cancelled. IVF 2: Antagonist Protocol w/Cetrotide No birth control given (too strong) - used Estrace before stims instead. Results: 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of 3 embryos (4th arrested on Day 4). Positive pregnancy - saw heartbeat - miscarriage at 9 weeks IVF 3: Antagonist Protocol w/Cetrotide (same as #2) Results: 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. Day 5 transfer of 3 Morulas (no blastocytes). Remaining 2 arrested Day 5. Negative pregnancy
The staff was amazing. The followed us on all the ups and downs, cheering us on (discreetly), and being especially sweet when things did not go well. They were always gentle and upbeat. Kelly was a fantastic communicator, always giving me the info when she said she would. I never had to wait. She knew I liked more info, so made sure to provide me with what I wanted to know. No question was too little. She knew our case well, and made sure we got everything we needed.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Since we were (probably) going to be spending the equivalent of a fancy sports car, it seemed only fair that the services and care should be on par, don't you think? Coastal Fertility excels here. We had been to a well known clinic in NY, in a depressing building, with a creepy waiting room. It was cold and scary. The doctor (highly rated by some) was the opposite of compassion. You could tell it was just a business for them. Not so at Coastal. It's clean, modern and nice. We were always taken on time, never made to wait. It is very discreet. New patients and those coming for a procedure don't cross paths. These guys are really organized! It was as nice as any fancy car showroom I've been to :)
Monitoring was easy and as pleasant as it is ever going to be. We were told to show up in a time frame (for example, between 7:30 and 9am). Once we were there, we never had to wait more than 10 minutes, if that. It seems that they would know in advance their busy times, and if they needed more time with us, would give us a specific time. Monitoring was really efficient.
Drugs were about $6k, and each round of IVF was about 13k. We were a difficult case, with a lot of monitoring.

2012 - 2016
He [Dr. Cooper] is extremely intelligent. You can feel it when he walks in the room. He knows exactly what he's going to do the moment he walks in. He knows your case. He knows your treatment. He always has an answer and is confident in his work. I'm a huge fan and trust him whole heartedly...Tell him everything and let him work his magic...
[Coast Fertility Specialists is] Quaint. Clean. Efficient. Dated, but not an issue. Overall fine...[Nurses are] Always friendly. Always had my charts ready. Super quick with blood draws and urine tests. Efficient and kind...
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with William Cooper (retired) at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is extremely intelligent. You can feel it when he walks in the room. He knows exactly what he's going to do the moment he walks in. He knows your case. He knows your treatment. He always has an answer and is confident in his work. I'm a huge fan and trust him whole heartedly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Cooper (retired) at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Tell him everything and let him work his magic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Cooper (retired) at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr Cooper and his staff always we're extremely friendly. They never made me feel rushed. The office was never overcrowded. Everything is very laid back and relaxed. I actually enjoy going there.
Describe the protocols William Cooper (retired) used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
After a slew of hormone panels and doing a 24 hour postcoital sperm analysis (meaning the sperm was sampled from inside of me 24hrs after sex), he knew I had PCOS and needed to start me on medication. I was cycleless, after all. So we started on BCPs and dexamethasone and realized that wasn't the answer (to down stimulate hormones). Provera (10mg 5days to inside period) So we tried Femara 2.5mg with several ultrasounds to check folicular growth. Nothing. Provera (10mg 5days to inside period) Tried 5mg Femara and had excellent follicle growth, but didn't ovulate. Provera (10mg 5days to inside period) Third cycle we did Femara 5mg with an HCG trigger shot. I became pregnant with that third round. I used vaginally inserted suppositories of progesterone from the day I found out I was pregnant (home pregnancy test) until I was 13wks along to be on the safe side. I didn't have low progesterone, but knew it was a potential effect of the PCOS. I wasn't willing to take chances and specifically requested it. I wasn't offered it. He agreed willingly without ever batting an eye. Made me feel good about my request and how willing he was to prescribe it to me.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Quaint. Clean. Efficient. Dated, but not an issue. Overall fine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Cooper (retired) at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
$40 co-pay for each visit - included all bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc... $50 for one round of HCG trigger shots.
William Cooper (retired)
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Cooper (retired) at Coastal Fertility Specialists.

Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
When I had my cycles with him [Dr. Michael Slowey] he was very direct but also warm and even called me from his cell phone several times after my failed cycles. However when I consulted with him recently about possibly doing another cycle, he was very detailed and open during the initial consultation but when I had follow up questions he was not as accommodating as a few years ago. I had to communicate through the nurse and set up another consultation and pay another out of pocket fee just to validate my concerns. I love ended up spending several hundred just for 2 consults for my husband and myself before even making any decisions....
I did two IUIs and one IVF cycle [at Coastal Fertility Specialists]...it was a pretty traditional approach. No extras as far as supplements other than prenatal vitamin and no real suggestions about lifestyle changes, etc. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 2 transferred day 3. Unexplained failure other than my egg qualitiy. Labs and everything else all normal. Nursing staff was wonderful during this very difficult time...very sensitive, personal and accommodating...12,000 with insurance 20,000 plus without...Strengths: great nursing staff, knowledgeable MDs, very organized Weaknesses: could be a little more personal and offer more resources. Also continue to advance and recommends treatments based on new research and holistic approaches
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Slowey is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to however if he does not agree with something he will definitely let you know that. He can be a little direct sometimes and not very open to other approaches to treatment. He always treated me respectfully and I did develop a trusting relationship with him. But ultimately I decided to go with another clinic this time around because I felt like as the years have gone by, he has become less personable and I felt more like a number. I wish he would have been more open to my concerns and suggestions as I had done quite a bit of research of my own and spoken to several other REs and was just trying to weigh all of my options. But all in all I would still say that coastal fertility and Dr. Slowey is the best practice in our area.
Make sure to establish your expectations and goals up front and let him know what you need from him to feel at ease.
I loved all of the nursing staff and Dr. Slowey. When I had my cycles with him he was very direct but also warm and even called me from his cell phone several times after my failed cycles. However when I consulted with him recently about possibly doing another cycle, he was very detailed and open during the initial consultation but when I had follow up questions he was not as accommodating as a few years ago. I had to communicate through the nurse and set up another consultation and pay another out of pocket fee just to validate my concerns. I love ended up spending several hundred just for 2 consults for my husband and myself before even making any decisions....
I did two IUIs and one IVF cycle. I can’t remeber the exact dosages for my stim cycle but it was a pretty traditional approach. No extras as far as supplements other than prenatal vitamin and no real suggestions about lifestyle changes, etc. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 2 transferred day 3. Unexplained failure other than my egg qualitiy. Labs and everything else all normal. Nursing staff was wonderful during this very difficult time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Quick responses, very sensitive, personal and accommodating
12,000 with insurance 20,000 plus without

2013 - 2015
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Michael Slowey] was upfront and honest from the very first appointment. He never once told us things were impossible but he was clear it would not be easy. He didn’t try and tell us to attempt a treatment that wouldn’t work and he listened, I’ve been to so many doctors who never listened to me or what I was saying. To know that he listened and heard me and tried to adjust for what I needed based on my feedback was everything.
Every single person in the office [Coastal Fertility Specialists-Mt Pleasant] was wonderful, from the front desk all the way to dr. Slowey. We had a nurse coordinator Alison who brought us into the family and let us talk and vent and cry. They cared. They were happy when things were good and sad when it wasn’t.... It’s clean, it’s shiny, it’s new. I would be sure to tell someone new not to be intimidated. They care. They want to help. Don’t feel like you don’t belong there, you do. Trust them, be honest with them, be patient with them and they will help you.
2013 - 2015
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He was upfront and honest from the very first appointment. He never once told us things were impossible but he was clear it would not be easy. He didn’t try and tell us to attempt a treatment that wouldn’t work and he listened, I’ve been to so many doctors who never listened to me or what I was saying. To know that he listened and heard me and tried to adjust for what I needed based on my feedback was everything.
It’s hard, sometimes, to trust a doctor, but trust him. He will not steer you wrong. He wants this as much as you do.
Every single person in the office was wonderful, from the front desk all the way to dr. Slowey. We had a nurse coordinator Alison who brought us into the family and let us talk and vent and cry. They cared. They were happy when things were good and sad when it wasn’t.
The only thing I remember specifically is that we did NOT use clomid, as I had used it before with a different doctor and had a bad reaction.
They were so good even my husband felt at ease. They were good for everything from paperwork to the finance dept to not shaming my weight but encouraging me as I got healthier under their care.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
It was general 7-9am and they added offices while I was in their care so if I couldn’t drive the 2.5 hours to mt pleasant from where I lived there were offices that were closer.
I can’t recall the pricing for egg retrieval but I know that each cycle (at the time) was 1800 after the few expenses that could be billed to my insurance
After my first cycle miscarried, he was willing to try a multiple embryo transfer, but he was upfront about the dangers. And he would not try more than 2 embryos at once.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Slowey is incredibly smart and explained things to my husband and I very clearly. Whenever he saw us he took his time and was compassionate. When we got pregnant after four rounds, he gave us a book with a message in it that meant a lot to my husband and I.... I have pcos and clomid, nor Femera were making me ovulate so we went straight to injectables. I was monitored by ultra sound and blood work every other day and then given a trigger shot to make me ovulate. We did timed intercourse the month that we conceived.
Very efficient, clean and compassionate. all the staff [at Coastal Fertility Specialists] was friendly and easy to talk to. Easy to work with my work schedule. As I was working full time at that point. We loved our dr and nurses and would recommend the clinic to a friend.... Kelly did a great job at being compassionate. I had to following up repeatedly on treatment with her but understood from the beginning that it was my responsibility to do so.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
That the wait time is worth it. Be patient, and know that you are in excellent hands.
I had frequent contact with Dr Sloweys staff and I felt like we were all in the same team. The day I had my firs ultra sound to confirm my pregnancy the ultra sound tech was crying happy tears with me. When I was ten weeks along and graduating to my regular obgyn, Dr Slowey gave me a Children’s book with a message of congratulations written in it. It meant a lot to us. I Highly recommend this clinic.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Very efficient, clean and compassionate. all the staff was friendly and easy to talk to. Easy to work with my work schedule. As I was working full time at that point. We loved our dr and nurses and would recommend the clinic to a friend.
My insurance didn’t cover any of our procedures so we paid about 10,000 out of pocket in the four months we saw him.
2013 - 2014
Andrea [a nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists] was awesome through our whole expirience at coastal fertility. She was in constant contact with me. All of the staff was wonderful, including ultrasounds and blood draws.... [For monitoring appts] I went before work which worked out great. I never had to wait more than 15 minutes... He recommended that I try to lose some weight to have the best try at conceiving. I took a year to do that and I’m so glad I did. I don’t remember the exact drug protocol but there were only 2 things I had to inject at certain times and on certain days. We did several ultrasounds to check my egg sacs for retreival. We were set to do IVF so we had to do the egg retreival, ICSI and transfer of the embryos.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr was very professional but also warm and compassionate. In our first office visit I felt like I didn’t have to explain all of my feelings to him with having fertility issues because no matter what, he was going to do his best to help my husband and I achieve our goal of having a child. We were offered genetic testing but declined and were not pressured on the matter. I did have one set back with my injections. I believe I must have missed one or did it at the wrong time which led to my levels not being where they should've been. That was taken care of right away with ordering more meds and keeping me on track for the transfer. Every time I saw Dr. Schnorr he was always so positive which helped me stay positive.
Looking back, I was so nervous for our first appointment. I would definitely say now, there was no reason to be nervous. Dr. Schnorr’s confidence in being able to help my husband and I calmed all my fears about the process.
I always felt safe and important when I was being treated by dr. Schnorr. He answered my questions in a way I could understand. I never felt rushed when I was in his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
Andrea was awesome through our whole expirience at coastal fertility. She was in constant contact with me. All of the staff was wonderful, including ultrasounds and blood draws.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I really don’t think there were any weaknesses. I always left feeling confident about our next steps. They were doing some renovations when we were being treated there so I can only imagine it’s gotten even better.
I really don’t remember the specifics of pricing. It was all laid out though before starting treatment. I knew exactly how much would need to be paid and when. This was a relief as fertility treatments are expensive.
Dr. Schnorr told us that basically our chances of getting pregnant while transferring one and getting pregnant by transferring 2 was about the same. I’m his opinion though, he thought we should transfer 2. We did end up transferring 2. He wouldn’t transfer more than 2 though.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Cook was very honest and candid with us. However, I felt like dismissed all other options besides IUI or IVF. I left my consult wondering if we could do more before IUI, even though she said anything else would be a waste of our time...She has suggested we move forward with IUI first. This would mean I would take letrozole. Dr Cook would monitor my follicles with ultrasounds and I would take a trigger shot when she felt it was time to ovulate. Lastly, I would go in for the IUI with my husband...I think she is very qualified and passionate for what she does. However, i also feel that she was quick to say our only options were IUI or IVF. Perhaps she is right but I didn’t feel that any other option was even discussed or considered.
She [nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists] was very kind and very willing to spend time taking with us...My HSG test was $950. My initial consult with her was $250. If we proceed with IUI, it will cost around $2,000-$2,500 per cycle. IVF starts at $20,000 and goes up from there. Nothing at the fertility clinic is covered by insurance...The staff is very professional and the environment is inviting and welcoming. I felt cared for from the moment I walked in to the moment I left.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She is a great doctor if you’re ready and financially prepared to move forward with IUI or IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Collins)
She was very kind and very willing to spend time taking with us.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
It is one of the best clinics in our area and came highly recommended by my obgyn and friends. The staff is very professional and the environment is inviting and welcoming. I felt cared for from the moment I walked in to the moment I left.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Schnorr spoke to me by my name and presented information in a down to Earth manner...is a very knowledgeable physician. He answers any questions you may have. Exhibits a positive attitude about every situation. He always addresses you with a warming smile. He is a trustworthy physician that I can rely on to give me the most up to date clinical information. He gives you all the information you need to know to make an informed decision.
My primary nurse Jessica [at Coastal Fertility Specialists] was amazing! She was always fast at getting back to me via email. She would sit down with me and answer any questions I had (which were many). She showed compassion and care towards her patients...$1,200 for IUI including medications. $12,000 for IVF including medications but not including PGD...Strengths were that they are very organized and prepared for any situation. They have many informational links on their website and provide you with additional information in office. The office is very up to date and they have the latest laboratory equipment for better outcomes. The office is aesthetically pleasing and warm for a patient who may feel uncomfortable.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr is a very knowledgeable physician. He answers any questions you may have. Exhibits a positive attitude about every situation. He always addresses you with a warming smile. He is a trustworthy physician that I can rely on to give me the most up to date clinical information. He gives you all the information you need to know to make an informed decision.
He knows his stuff!
For IUI I started with letrozade for 3 days then started Gonal F. I increased my dose of Gonal F every 3 days based on my labs and ultrasounds. When the follicles where the correct size a HCG trigger shot was given and the following day IUI was preformed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Wilkerson)
My primary nurse Jessica was amazing! She was always fast at getting back to me via email. She would sit down with me and answer any questions I had (which were many). She showed compassion and care towards her patients.
+ Read more- Read less

He is very thorough. He tells it to you "just like it is." I prefer a doctor who is very blunt and realistic, and he is. However he is very kind, and you can tell he wants you to be successful! He also will let you make some of the decisions if they are within his suggested parameters.... I saw Dr. Slowey initially at MUSC, as he is a professor there. It helped my insurance cover my initial consultation.... He always took the time to hear our concerns. He was interested in us, our goals and what our past had looked like.
This clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is wonderful. From the time you walk in the door to the exam room, you know they care about you. They get to know you, your name, your story, your husband ... they accommodate you in the best way possible. Also, out of all of the clinics in the area, they don't batch cycles and they have the most experience!... Allison and my schedule did not always line up (I had early appointments.) However she always made sure my information was ready with another nurse (either Becky or Kelly) and I would highly recommend them both. Allison was very knowledgeable and compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I did IUIs with Gonal F, Letrazole and a trigger shot. I have unexplained fertility and I have had one successful pregnancy with Letrazole and one missed miscarriage with natural conception.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is wonderful. From the time you walk in the door to the exam room, you know they care about you. They get to know you, your name, your story, your husband ... they accommodate you in the best way possible. Also, out of all of the clinics in the area, they don't batch cycles and they have the most experience!
My costs were somewhat covered by my insurance. I typically paid about $600 out of pocket for meds and procedure per IUI.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Slowey is very knowledgeable and understands this process very well. He wants the best outcomes for all patients and knows how stressful this is. We are very impressed with him and know that he treats his patients with respect and compassion.... He does not sugar coat. Which is a good thing but can be difficult to hear. He is amazing and talented and very realistic.... With my condition of low ovarian reserve, he decided to implant 2 each time in hopes one would implant and be successful.
Strengths [of Coastal Fertility Specialists]: compassionate, very professional. Offer free meds at times if they have extra available. Weaknesses: cost of treatment is very high. Wish there were more clinic programs that they would offer to multiple failed cycles.... Allison is wonderful and has been through IVF several times herself. I appreciated her coordinating everything for us and her compassion when we were unsuccessful.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is a very great doctor. This process is so exhausting and overwhelming but he tries to keep me calm and realistic. I just wish our outcomes were better.
Antagonist protocol: birth control pills for 2 weeks. We believe this oversuppressed me and i didn’t produce many eggs. Microflare Protocol was better and i produced 6 eggs. 4 were great quality and we did a fresh 3 day 2 embryo transfer. Negative pregnancy. 2 made to blast. Transferred the remaining 2 embryos and miscarried at 8’weeks.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Strengths: compassionate, very professional. Offer free meds at times if they have extra available. Weaknesses: cost of treatment is very high. Wish there were more clinic programs that they would offer to multiple failed cycles.
Over 16k for procedure and medications
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Slowey] spoke rationally to me and allayed my concerns and fears. Plus, when I asked questions, he fully answered them. He was also sympathetic to my personal history.... He is a little stand-offish at times but I believe that is cultural difference; i.e., North vs. South. It is also hard to actually meet with him rather than the nurses. I believe that is due to the size and number of branch offices the practice has rather his personal doing. However, he is very compassionate and when meeting, is fully present in the moment with you as a patient.
The staff [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is very nice and personable. However, the higher medical staff is hard to meet with and are very rarely available to see on a non-appointment basis. There are so many branch offices that the doctors are spread thin and a patient does not know when or if they will see their doctor again. There is little medical support nor do I feel like I truly have a personal RE.... Cherub [nurse] is very nice, warm, and understanding on a face to face basic.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I would tell them to be prepared to rarely see him but trust in his plan for you, barring a major setback.
He spoke rationally to me and allayed my concerns and fears. Plus, when I asked questions, he fully answered them. He was also sympathetic to my personal history.
Cherub is very nice, warm, and understanding on a face to face basic. She makes you feel like you are the only patient she has. However, on an correspondence level, she is horrible. Her emails are blunt, abrupt, and at times very cold. This is a major disconnect for the emotionally vulnerable patient.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The staff is very nice and personable. However, the higher medical staff is hard to meet with and are very rarely available to see on a non-appointment basis. There are so many branch offices that the doctors are spread thin and a patient does not know when or if they will see their doctor again. There is little medical support nor do I feel like I truly have a personal RE.
+ Read more- Read less

During my first IUI [with Dr. Michael Slowey] we used the lowest dosage of Gonal f and letrozole to hopefully prevent me from overstimulating. I only produced one follicle during my first cycle and unfortunately it was unsuccessful. On my second IUI we increased the amount of Gonal f injections as well as the dosage but had the same result, only one follicle and a negative pregnancy test... did an excellent job explaining everything and making sure my husband and I felt comfortable with the IUI process.
The IUI procedure cost $625 and the medicine was $300-350 [at Coastal Fertility Specialists]...The clinic provided a calming and inviting atmosphere which is so important! One thing I think they could work on is better communication with their patients. I had very little contact with my nurse coordinator due to her being out of town so frequently...My nurse was very helpful and friendly during the few visits I had with her. Unfortunately Kelly was out of town the majority of my time as a patient.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Slowey was a very kind and professional doctor. I only met with him a few times but each time he made sure I understood anything I needed to know and answered any questions I had. He was very thorough in explaining the options we had and our diagnosis.
Make sure to write down any questions or concerns you may have to ask Dr. Slowey during your appointment. No question is a stupid one!
Dr. Slowey did an excellent job explaining everything and making sure my husband and I felt comfortable with the IUI process.
During my first IUI we used the lowest dosage of Gonal f and letrozole to hopefully prevent me from overstimulating. I only produced one follicle during my first cycle and unfortunately it was unsuccessful. On my second IUI we increased the amount of Gonal f injections as well as the dosage but had the same result, only one follicle and a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Mollison )
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
My insurance covered the monitoring and blood work so I was left to pay for the procedure as well as the medicine. The IUI procedure cost $625 and the medicine was $300-350.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She made me feel important when other doctors didn’t and she went out of her way to find a plan that worksh best for me. She was very understanding when I needed emotional support. She has always been with me from the beginning...She was very down to earth and made me feel like it was important for me to be a mom ...Dr. Cook started me off with a unmedicated iui and when that didn’t worked we started on the clomid for iui
They [Coastal Fert Spec] are very caring and treat you with respect. When you walk into their facility it is almost like walking into a spa just very relaxing and peaceful. They also have good financial resources and will help you out in anyway to become a parent...She [nurse] went out of her way to answer all my questions and give me the emotional, physical support that I needed...Each iui was 525 not counting donor sperm
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
That she is a very good doctor and if she needs help trying to figure out the correct plan for you to be on she will ask one of the other doctors.
She was very down to earth and made me feel like it was important for me to be a mom and she would do everything she could to make me a mom
Dr. Cook started me off with a unmedicated iui and when that didn’t worked we started on the clomid for iui and once that failed we started on clomid and ovidrel. We was able to conceive our daughter through this and now for baby number two we did 6 medicated iui and they all failed now we are moving on to ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missildine )
She went out of her way to answer all my questions and give me the emotional, physical support that I needed
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They are very caring and treat you with respect. When you walk into their facility it is almost like walking into a spa just very relaxing and peaceful. They also have good financial resources and will help you out in anyway to become a parent
Each iui was 525 not counting donor sperm or the ultrasounds and blood work needed. Ivf is 6100 up front
+ Read more- Read less

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Cook was a very good communicator She explained all risks associated with every step of the process. She explained what the numbers meant and what we were shooting for. She remained very positive through the process even when I had had huge doubts. She personally called me several time throughout the process to see how I was doing...Ask all of the questions you can possibly think of, she takes her time answering each one.
We used gonal -f, ganarelix, human growth hormone, HCG [at Coastal Fertility Specialists]. We ended up with 14 eggs retrieved 7 of which made it to day 5...Heather [nurse] is one of the most compassionate people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She constantly checked up on me, didn't get annoyed at my 500 emails daily and my constant phone calls...total cost for our two cycles was around $14,000
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
The office staff and Dr Cook were very compassionate and caring at every visit. They knew mine and my husbands names every time we went. They asked about our lives outside for feritlity and remembered everything we said.
We used gonal -f, ganarelix, human growth hormone, HCG. We ended up with 14 eggs retrieved 7 of which made it to day 5.
Heather is one of the most compassionate people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She constantly checked up on me, didn't get annoyed at my 500 emails daily and my constant phone calls.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Everything runs like a well oiled machine. I cannot speak highly enough of Dawn Sadorf the financial coordinator. We were never hit with unexpected costs that she had not discussed with us. They were very upfront about the financial aspect as well as the emotional toll that this would take.
total cost for our two cycles was around $14,000
Our Dr only does one embryo on the first transfer due to the risk of a multiples pregnancy. Our first transfer ended in miscarriage so we were given the opportunity to transfer two embryos the second time so we did.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
John Schnorr is amazing. His compassion and care exceeds all others. His relationship with his staff was great. I couldn't imagine having this procedure done with anyone else. There would not be one weakness not even the slightest hiccup occurred. Such a great man, and a awesome Doctor
The only weakness i could mention is the financial staff [at Coastal Fertility Specialists] dropped the ball on my insurance quote, however im not sure that was their fault. They worked well with us with getting bills paid, making appointments and working with us on the weekends...John Schnorr is amazing. His compassion and care exceeds all others. His relationship with his staff was great. I couldnt imagine having this procedure done with anyone else. There would not be one weekness not even the slightest hiccup occurred. Such a great man, and a awesome Doctor
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Get after it. Dont wait, and it is afforable if you want it to be.
When we came into the office we felt like we were the only one in that office. The Doctor would call us personally to see how things were going. Every time we met with the doctor or his nurse they asked questions about our life and remembered from visit to visit. I really feel like i made a friend with this doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique (Mo))
Mo was awesome. She was funny and caring. She was very very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She related well to me. Mo was willing to take all the time she needed with me. She sat in the room with me for the entire time i was in recovery from my retrieval. This blew me away. So awesome!!!!!
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The only weekness i could mention is the financial staff dropped the ball on my insurance quote, however im not sure that was their fault. They worked well with us with getting bills paid, making appointments and working with us on the weekends.
Out insurance would not cover anything and it ended up costing about $17,000 with medications and monitoring, retrieval and implantation

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We have gone through one egg retrieval and are about to start our second one [with Dr. Heather Cook]. She switched the medicine I am using for round two due to my low estrogen levels... been very helpful, compassionate, and informative. After going through our first egg retrieval and chromosomal testing we learned none of our embryos were viable. It was heartbreaking, but Dr. Cook was very encouraging and already came up with a new plan for us. We are very optimistic.
We signed up for the attain program [at Coastal Fertility Specialists] which cost us about 24,000. This program covers multiple IVF cycles and even allows for a refund in some cases if you don’t “ bring a baby home”...Clean, comfortable, highly organized. The clinic is decorated nicely and everyone is incredibly friendly and welcoming. They don’t waste your time, and operate like clock work. They are very helpful with financial programs, and have even given me extra medicine when mine didn’t arrive on time.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Cook had been very helpful, compassionate, and informative. After going through our first egg retrieval and chromosomal testing we learned none of our embryos were viable. It was heartbreaking, but Dr. Cook was very encouraging and already came up with a new plan for us. We are very optimistic.
She is up front and honest about what to expect.
We have gone through one egg retrieval and are about to start our second one. She switched the medicine I am using for round two due to my low estrogen levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Whitney Gary)
She is always available to answer questions (and I had a lot!) She is a quick responder to emails or phone calls.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
We signed up for the attain program which cost us about 24,000. This program covers multiple IVF cycles and even allows for a refund in some cases if you don’t “ bring a baby home”
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Michael Slowy] is very smart but speaks in complex medical terms. He gave poor news over the phone and did not give us any hope. I have undergone no treatment to date and yet he immediately jumped to donor eggs.... Baseline tests, start coq10 (type was not discussed), hsg. We declined to move forward with him and donor eggs.... He gave me poor statistics over the phone 3 days before Christmas in under 5 minutes.
Beautiful clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists]. Easy location. The clinical staff and front desk staff were very helpful and kind. They are priced higher than other clinics we found in the US and don’t offer the same value as they are not into advanced treatments like mini ivf or PRP.... Allison was hardly available. She was rude over the phone in explaining certain things. When asked about the rationale behind donor eggs and no other treatment first to see what kind of response I would produce she was snarky and demeaning.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is very smart but speaks in complex medical terms. He gave poor news over the phone and did not give us any hope. I have undergone no treatment to date and yet he immediately jumped to donor eggs.
Do your own research.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Beautiful clinic. Easy location. The clinical staff and front desk staff were very helpful and kind. They are priced higher than other clinics we found in the US and don’t offer the same value as they are not into advanced treatments like mini ivf or PRP.
Maxing out $15k insurance and still needing to pay $4,500 out of pocket without meds.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Cook was the first fertility specialist I saw. She explained everything and was very eager to help us. We left her and went to another doctor for a second opinion. A year later I went back to Dr. Cook because I wanted to try IUI. She explained to me why IUI would not be a good option for me. She explained IVF in a very great detail. We are saving our money now for IVF and I plan to go back to Dr. Cook when I'm ready.
This clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists- Mount Pleasant] is great! The front desk staff are friendly. All the nurses were nice. My nurse Becky is the absolute best. The only thing I hated was some time there was a wait. Dr. Cook is super nice and explains everything.... Nurse Becky is amazing!!! Very caring. She shows compassion. I remember during my first appointment I was so sad and couldn't stop crying. She gave me a hug and said everything is going to be ok. She always return my call the same day or next day.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She's very nice. She will not make you feel like your stupid.
Dr Cook is wonderful! She is fun and very nice. She treated me like a person. She answered my questions. She explained my treatment very well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Becky)
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is great! The front desk staff are friendly. All the nurses were nice. My nurse Becky is the absolute best. The only thing I hated was some time there was a wait. Dr. Cook is super nice and explains everything.
+ Read more- Read less

Andrea [a nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists-North Charleston] has been my saving grace when I need to ask her any and all questions during the day. She’s easy to communicate with, and always finds time to get back with me. I appreciate her so very much... He [Dr. John Schnorr] has been very thorough, and our nurse has been very, very compassionate and helpful during our treatments.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr is a wonderful doctor. As stated in our previous statement, he has kept us sane during our treatments and also been very realistic with us. We appreciate his candid nature and would highly recommend him to our friends and family.
Ask as many questions as possible. Dr. Schnorr will answer any and all your questions.
Currently still a patient of Dr. Schnorr. He has been very up front about what our options were regarding trying to conceive. He has been very thorough, and our nurse has been very, very compassionate and helpful during our treatments. It’s hard to hear that we can’t conceive naturally, but due to my endometriosis it makes it super difficult. Dr. Schnorr has helped us understand why it’s difficult and yet what we can try to better our chances. We are currently trying our first IVF cycle this month. We are excited to try this and we are hopeful. We appreciate how thorough and wonderful he has been.
Andrea has been my saving grace when I need to ask her any and all questions during the day. She’s easy to communicate with, and always finds time to get back with me. I appreciate her so very much.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr Slowey has been absolutely wonderful. He is very informative and shows genuine concern for his patients. He is companionate and passionate about the work that he is doing. He explains everything thoroughly and provides information to take home to read for even more understanding....The first time we transferred one embryo because of the risk of multiples. We were unsuccessful, so the second transfer we used 2 and 1 resulted in a sweet healthy baby boy.
The staff at Coastal Fertility Specialists are absolutely amazing. Everyone from the front desk to the doctors are so helpful and kind. I have met several people who were experiencing infertility and I have recommended that they go to Coastal because we had such a great experience. They have had positive experiences as well and successful transfers.... Jan was very supportive. She was available and eager to answer questions that we had through the process.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Stay positive, keep persevering and your dream to have a baby will happen!
I highly recommend Dr Slowey and the staff of Coastal Fertility Specialists. They make the process positive, even when I had negative results Dr Slowey made it easy to stay positive!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan)

2014 - 2018
[Dr. Schnorr] Very likable. Candid, friendly, nice, available for questions, compassionate, knowledge and flexible. Sometimes focused to much on the negative of my condition and statistical outcomes. Pushed hard to use donor eggs but used my own.... [Protocols] Lupron 10cc one week before cycle and after through stim and retrieval. Testosterone cream during same period but stopped at stim. Follistim 450IU 10-12 days. Omnitrope last 4 days of stim.
Cost are high. Not all staff [Coastal Fertility Specialists] are trained equally on the billing process. Flexible schedule and a nurse always on call. Three doctors in clinic and cover one another. Everything done in office. Friendly staff. Multiple locations... Went in for monitoring when convenient with several locations to choose... [Cost Of Treatment] $15k to $20k for a entire cycle and meds... Best RN I could of asked for to treat me through this Lprocess.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Be persistent and ask questions
Wanted to be treated as an individual and yet statistics were constantly used
Best RN I could of asked for to treat me through this Lprocess. Compassionate, understanding and flexible. Has always made herself available to me. Has been my personal cheerleader during the good and hard times.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Cost are high. Not all staff are trained equally on the billing process. Flexible schedule and a nurse always on call. Three doctors in clinic and cover one another. Everything done in office. Friendly staff. Multiple locations
Went in for monitoring when convenient with several locations to choose
$15k to $20k for a entire cycle and meds
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Slowey did take the time to explain things to us in a way we could understand. He also didn’t push us towards more aggressive treatments as he did not feel they were necessary given our situation at that time.... He is very thorough and offered us a lot of help in determining our best treatment plan, in addition to giving us a clearer sense of our time line.
[Coastal Fertility Specialists-Mount Pleasant is a] Busy clinic with state of the art equipment. Lab is onsite (I believe). I like the clinic. It was comfortable but it was very busy. At points seemed slightly disorganized with what was going on due to large staff and clinic patient volume... [the nurse was] Very helpful when you could get in touch with her. Very hard to get in touch with at times
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is very thorough and offered us a lot of help in determining our best treatment plan, in addition to giving us a clearer sense of our time line. I would recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatment
Utilize the consultation to address all questions and concerns. We asked some questions that I feel silly about now but he is a great professional and answered them as a credible. He seems to realize these are scary procedures
Polyp removal and iui
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Ribiero)
About $2500 per iui cycle