CCRM Minneapolis

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
6565 France Avenue South
Edina, MN 55435
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Minneapolis to a friend?
2 doctors
CCRM-Minneapolis is great and I would highly recommend to anyone. Everyone is friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. Front desk staff, lab techs, nurses, embryologist, doctors all were very nice and supportive. I started at another clinic and this place was excellent and a night and day difference compared to the first clinic... Every nurse at this clinic was wonderful! They answered any emails, quick questions I had in a very timely matter, and always answered my question. All the nurses were great calling and relaying information over the phone and asking if you needed anything else before hanging up. If I needed a refill on medication, I used the patient portal and it was done in a very timely fashion.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I started at another clinic and my insurance had my switch to CCRM. I'm so thankful for this! This clinic was a night and day difference to the previous clinic I started at.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I highly recommend Dr Batcheller. She has a great bed side manner, explains everything in a straight forward way that is easily understood. I felt confident that we were at the right place and getting the best treatment available.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
If you are struggling with infertility, CCRM-Minneapolis is the place to go in the Twin Cities metro area.
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
We went with my natural cycle for IVF instead of picking a date on the calendar that fit the schedule (like the other clinic I went to was going to do). She said I was an excellent candidate for IVF, and had a successful cycle with the medication and protocol she used.
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
We have always put in 1 embryo. I was able to freeze 5 embryos.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Lauren [nurse at CCRM] is a rockstar! She always calls the day they get any results back. She also takes extensive time out of her day to go over things with me, sometimes repeatedly to make us feel at ease throughout the process. She is very positive without promising any result at a given time... One thing a new patient should know is that you have to pay for everything up front and CCRM does not submit anything to your insurance company, you need to submit your own claim form after you pay for it. That being said, if you’re going to use a loan, you can use your insurance reimbursement to pay off the loan. The other thing I would say is that sometimes the front desk staff doesn’t seem to understand the toming/urgency aspect of scheduling.
Latino, Native American, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
I love CCRM more than anywhere else that we looked/met with. One thing a new patient should know is that you have to pay for everything up front and CCRM does not submit anything to your insurance company, you need to submit your own claim form after you pay for it. That being said, if you’re going to use a loan, you can use your insurance reimbursement to pay off the loan. The other thing I would say is that sometimes the front desk staff doesn’t seem to understand the toming/urgency aspect of scheduling.
Before seeing Dr Batcheller we met with other RE for IVF consults. I saw another doctor at another clinic in Minneapolis. The other doctor clearly didn’t know anything about our history and was primary concerned with giving us pricing. Dr Batcheller was the exact opposite. It was evident from the second we walked into her office that she knew what we had done before and she had a plan of what we needed to do next. She answered every single question that we had. We were excited to finally have found a doctor that listened and knew what we were wanting out of the process. She was prepared to speak specifically on our issues and didn’t push pricing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
Lauren is a rockstar! She always calls the day they get any results back. She also takes extensive time out of her day to go over things with me, sometimes repeatedly to make us feel at ease throughout the process. She is very positive without promising any result at a given time.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She’s very well versed in different options. She is also thoroughly prepared to speak on your specific issues even before you even meet her, just based on your records. She presents options and plans, strategizes with you on timing and always makes you feel comfortable speaking to her throughout the process.
Have your questions ready because she will be ready to answer all of them
Dr. Batcheller was the first doctor to find my uterine polyps. Based on our previous meetings with other doctors for ivf consults we asked Dr. Batcheller if she would put me on birth control, which was suggested by other drs to boost egg production and she said no, because of my low AMH, it wouldn’t be helpful. I throughly enjoy that she doesn’t treat us as if we are just another couple with the same issue as everyone else. Our plan is unique to us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
The costs seem normal compared to other ivf locations in MN
Dr. Batcheller is not opposed to multiple embryo transfers but did suggest not transferring more than 2. She thoroughly explained why this is safer for me and the embryos as the risk of multiples increases.
Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Other
All of the nurses at CCRM [Minneapolis] are amazing they always have smiles on their faces. All very friendly, and more than happy to help...They all work very well together and you can tell they all get along well. I strongly believe any work place runs smoothly if you have that combination. I have never noticed any weaknesses within this clinic. Even the front desk staff is well organized and know who you are right when you walk in and they have a smile on their faces.
Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Dr Batcheller showed sympathy during the hard time and excitement during the good time. She wanted to sit down and talk with my husband and met multiple times to see how things were going and even after our loss. She pointed us in the right direction to see a specialist to receive more information on my blood clotting disorder and helped us come with a plan moving forward. She has nothing but compassion for her job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
All of the nurses at CCRM are amazing they always have smiles on their faces. All very friendly, and more than happy to help.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller sits down with each patient and really gets to know them. She meticulously plans out every aspect of your treatments, what you are going to need for meds when, do on. If you have questions she will answer them and explain to you in terms you will understand. She cares about your well being during the whole process.
I had to start with egg retrieval. I had to start taking Doxycycline for 10days. Cycle day 10 start an ovulation kit testing. 10days after surge I started my Vivelle 0.1mg patches switching them every other day. The next day I started taking Cetrotide 0.25mg for 3 days. I continued with the Vivelle patches for that week and wore the last patch for 7 days or until it fell off. 3 days after I started with my Stim meds, 2 vials of Menopur in the morning and 300 units of Gonal-F and Dexamethasone in the evening for 10days. After 6 days of starting Stim meds I started taking Cetrotide again. 2 nights before the retrieval I had to start my trigger meds, Pregnl and then again 12 hours after the first does then I had retrieval.
Everyone’s IVF story is different therefore everyone’s cost will be different. But I strongly believe that the cost was comparable to other clinics.
Edina
This [CCRM-MN] is a small clinic with only one provider. The 'feel' of the clinic is calm and quiet. Given the size of the clinic you typically see a number of familiar faces each time you go in which is comforting. The front desk staff has always been kind and helpful. Costs are high for most things but clearly outlined ahead of time.... At the end of the day after diagnostic assessment and egg retrieval (+ CCS testing) including medications the cost was approximately $25,000.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
This is a small clinic with only one provider. The 'feel' of the clinic is calm and quiet. Given the size of the clinic you typically see a number of familiar faces each time you go in which is comforting. The front desk staff has always been kind and helpful. Costs are high for most things but clearly outlined ahead of time.
Dr. Batcheller is warm, engaged, and happy to answer every (possibly crazy) question you might have. She has truly made me feel seen and validated during this process.
My nurse was very kind and responsive to communications. There were a few mix-ups with medication orders but those were fairly minor and quickly corrected.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller is such a blessing. She is intelligent, warm, and honest, a combination that is so hard to find. Dr. Batcheller has always given us the impression that she is fully invested in seeing us succeed in this process and doesn't shy away from trying new things or tweaking things as needed. I have worked with another RE in the past and while the outcomes of my cycles have been similar the experience of working with Dr. Batcheller far exceeded my previous experience. Can't recommend her highly enough!
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
To date I have done one egg retrieval with Dr. Batcheller. I did androgen and estrogen priming followed by an antagonist protocol (ganirelix + 300IU Follistim + 150IU Menopur) and simultaneous Clomid (100mg), Saizen (8.8mg total), and dexamethasone (0.5mg). Trigger was Lupron + Novarel (5,000IU). This protocol was chosen due to my history of being a poor responder to IVF medications, and having poor quality eggs.
Prefers eSET for CCS tested embryos but open to multiple embryo transfer in my case. Can't comment on her approach when genetic testing is not used.
Edina
CCRM [MN] is new and while I think they have worked through some of their growing pains, they still have issue with communication. Specifically, I sometimes don't get a call back when I leave a voicemail first thing in the morning. I've also been routed to a receptionist that is clearly not in MN and can only send messages to nurses and schedule remotely. On a positive note, the clinic is clean and spacious, and I've repeatedly heard and been told that Dr B is very particular who she hires, and she wants to hire the best.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM is new and while I think they have worked through some of their growing pains, they still have issue with communication. Specifically, I sometimes don't get a call back when I leave a voicemail first thing in the morning. I've also been routed to a receptionist that is clearly not in MN and can only send messages to nurses and schedule remotely. On a positive note, the clinic is clean and spacious, and I've repeatedly heard and been told that Dr B is very particular who she hires, and she wants to hire the best. So, even if you wait a little longer for your Ultrasound or blood work, the medical work has always been done well and is incredibly thorough. In particular, the US nurses are a delight. They both have a joy in their work. I prefer Margaret because she is pretty upfront with how things are looking to her. it's probably true of every clinic, but because I have some issues with getting information, always ask questions and be your own advocate. Dr. B didn't make me feel stupid or annoying when I had a list of questions for our meetings, and I think everyone should do their prep work before sitting down with any RE to make sure you don't get pushed along like a cattle herd. The CCRM nurses are happy to answer things as well, you just sometimes have to ask them for the information. I would get varying responses back after an US from "everything looks good, stay on course", to "your lining was only a 5, and the eggs are a little small, so we want to give it a few more days..." Just ask them what you want to know, don't expect them to give you a standard set of information.
Dr. B does genuinely know and care about her patients. She had a good understanding of our previous efforts in our initial meeting, and answered all of my questions (and I had a long list of them) without rushing or or being dismissive.
Initially, we were assigned Maria and she was wonderful, kind, compassionate, and she had great follow-up. One thing that I don't think was communicated to us was that she only did fresh transfers. When we switched to a FET, I started hearing consistently from a new nurse, Andrea. Anrea is also very kind and compassionate, but she was the one who told that she had never heard of embryos not surviving the thaw, and that happened to us. Recently, Maria left CCRM and I've been hearing from Andrea and another nurse, but neither of them had communicated if they were going to be my primary nurse. I will say that all of the nurses are very friendly, kind and knowledgeable. However, IVF is complicated, and you have to pay attention and ask questions not matter what. One failure from the nurse staff with our second FET had me waiting for a transfer calendar until 5 days before my transfer, and only once my transfer was set. I like to have as much information available to me as soon as possible, so that was a little frustrating when a fourth nurse told me I should have gotten it when I started coming in for lining checks.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. B is very kind and caring about her patients. She is knowledgeable about the various developments and innovations in IVF treatment, and I felt like she allowed us to be part of the decision-making process. When our first FET resulted in chemical pregnancy, we reviewed some unique symptoms I presented with and she listened to my ideas on how to adjust treatment, gave us the scientific reality of those ideas, and we made a joint decision to try an anti-histamine approach. Dr. B also is understanding that since we were paying for everything out-of-pocket, we should skip some tests for the immune theories, and just treat me as though I had tested positive. Overall, even though we still haven't had a successful pregnancy, I feel Dr. B cares for and is passionate about her patients. My only concern now, is with two failed transfers, she had initially told us she expected a 60% chance of success. My only criticism is that her optimism can be a bit misleading or insensitive. It's nice to have that hope when you first meet and are nervous, anxious, or uneasy about the whole process. But I think I would have rather she not so confidently given us a percentage of success when I asked for it, or tempered her optimism when she said, "Let's talk about your options!" after our first FET resulted in chemical pregnancy. I'm sure in this line of work, you have to be a positive person to stay in it, but a touch more compassion isn't a bad thing either.
Just know that Dr. B is super positive and optimistic. I think she presented the risks of anti-histamine protocol well, but also dismissed the one birth defect she's seen with the protocol she's done it to something else... so, again, she's very optimistic about what she does. If you are in in a bad place, and need that boost to come back to, she's great. But if you prefer a very realistic and honest assessment, I felt like things were maybe presented a little more positive and confident than I would have liked in hindsight.
Our stim phase was "Luteal Patch (Protocol 3 with Patches)" in CCRM categories. We worked with my natural cycle at my request due to some bad experiences with BCPs. I was instructed to use ovulation kits to catch an LH surge, and then begin cetrotide and patches post-surge. The next cycle, we started stim with Menopur and Follistim on CD2. We upped the Follistim from 150 to 225 on the 4th day of stim since my eggs were going a little slow, and after that, things progressed nicely. After 10 days of stimming, Dr. B cancelled our fresh transfer because my progesterone levels were higher than they wanted. We triggered after 10 days of stimming as well. My US on that day showed at least 8 eggs on each ovary between 17.5 and 20 mm in additional to many smaller eggs. Retrieval was two days after trigger shot. They retrieved 25 eggs, 15 were mature and had ICSI, 11 successfully fertilized, and 7 were frozen for transfer. For our first FET we used my natural cycle again. Used Lupron to suppress cycle before using patches and endometrium vaginal inserts to build up lining. Had to add 1mL of PIO every other day 4 days before transfer due to low P4 levels. After transferring they upped PIO to 1mL every day due to low P4 levels. My lining grew perfectly, and once it reached 8 mm, they scheduled a transfer for 8 days later. (It’s my understanding CCRM will not transfer if the lining is not at least 8 mm.) Our transfers went perfectly, although, we requested last minute to thaw two embryos for transfer, and one did not survive. They thawed a third one in order to still transfer two. (When I asked at our pre-transfer nurse meeting about embyos not surviving the thaw, a nurse told us she had never heard of that happening at CCRM. If they would have asked us what to do when the first embryo did not survive, I would have told them not to thaw a third one. That was frustrating and I expressed that to Dr. B at our regroup. She said CCRM only has 2% of embryos that fail to survive the thaw.) 9 days after transfer, Beta #1 was over 180 and the nurse indicated a number that high (they like it to be over 50) could mean both embryos implanted. Beta #2 did not double, it was just over 200. No changes in protocol. Beta #3 was in the low 30's, and the cycle was deemed a chemical pregnancy. One frustrating part was that Dr. B insisted I get a fourth HCG test 4 days after the Beta #3 to confirm the pregnancy was over, even though I had started a heavy period three days after Beta #3. That was both a hassle and frankly, somewhat traumatizing to experience in the aftermath of things. I didn't see any reason I couldn't have waited out the period and tested afterwards to give me time and space to grieve. After discussing some symptoms I had in FET #1 (two instances of severe nausea, cramping and sweats/fever for 20-30 minutes several days after transfer) we decided to try an anti-histamine protocol in case I was having immunological issues. We also did a long-Lupron cycle due to a previous diagnosis of endometriosis in case that left me with a specific type of cell that can affect implantation. Our initial attempt at a second FET was cancelled when my lining failed to thicken, even after adding estradiol tabs, and eventually developed fluid in the lining. We induced a period with 2mL of PIO in each hip. I never really got a clear reason why might have caused the fluid, but the nurse said unless it happens again, they sort of chalk it up to a fluke and try again. FET #2- Natural cycle again, this time with low-dose meds. Instead of steadily increasing from 1 to 4 patches every other day to help grow the lining, we let it grow on its own. My lining grew a little more slowly than they like, but no fluid and it had the trilaminar layers they want to see. Once my lining was an 8 on it’s own, we added 2 patches every other day for the entire transfer, along with endometrium vaginal inserts three times a day. Anti-histamine protocol was Claritin and Prednisone once a day and Pepcid AC twice a day, beginning 2 days before transfer. Again, transfer went perfectly, we only did one embryo this time. I also didn't need PIO shots every day and could stick with every other day. However, when I presented the same symptoms of nausea, cramping, and fever/sweats, Dr. B didn't have anything specific to change initially. She did suggest we could up the PIO to every day after the second instance occurred in case the fluctuation of Progesterone was causing the symptoms. I declined since we had been doing PIO every day in our first transfer and I still had the same symptoms. Beta #1 was less than 1 and the cycle failed.
Specifically: Initial consult: $205 Communicable/Vitamin D, TSH: $300 LH Check: $115 Progesterone Check: $115 IVF Costs (Stim appointments and clinic surgery) $13,510.00 BETA: $70 Baseline ultrasound and Hysteroscopy: $1,795.00 Regroup (phone) $112.00 FET transfer is in the range of $7,000 Overall, we've spent $24,702 at CCRM with both the consult, stim, retrieval, two transfers, and two re-groups, one in person and one on the phone.
I specifically asked Dr. B about the risks of double embryo transfer a few days before our first transfer. I had to ask, because it was never offered to me. I think CCRM assumes eSET unless they are told otherwise. Dr. B said for our situation, if we transferred two, we had a 65% chance of twins. She explained there is a slight increase in HBP and Diabetes risks, but those exist anyway. The bigger risk is a 25% chance of pre-term labor and bed rest for some portion of pregnancy. However, Dr. B was comfortable with doing 2 for us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
CCRM is the second clinic I have been a patient at during my infertility treatments. Compared to the last clinic this one is more intimate and after a few appointments the front desk would recognize me which was nice...They seemed to be very organized and well versed in infertility treatments. One nurse was very compassionate while I cried on the phone after the first unsuccessful retrieval results.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic is new and clean which compared to my old clinic in Boston is nice. They seem to be very organized and the front desk staff are excellent! I really don't see any big weaknesses. Once there was a mistake calling in a medication but wasn't a big deal and was quickly fixed.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller was the second physician I've seen while undergoing treatments. She is warm and friendly and very understanding of my situation. I had 3 miscarriages prior to seeing her when I was undergoing IUI and IVF the year prior and she definitely understood that I had been through alot with no clear explanation. I think she is very intelligent and adjusted my meds during the stimulation cycles to get the best quantity and quality eggs.
I would say ask any question if you aren't understanding the protocol and meds, it can be alot to understand. Always take notes!
I have done two egg retrievals. The first cycle I did a vivelle patch and ganirelex prior to stim meds, stim meds I used Menopor, Follistem, Dexamethasone and added in Clomid after first ultrasound check as I'm a poor responder to meds. We retrieved 9eggs and 6 mature by day 5 only had one and did CCS testing which came back aneuploid. I just finished a second cycle and primed with Estrace pills and then for stim meds Menopor, Follistem, Clomid, Dexamethasone and did Saizen for first 5 days. Retrieved 18 eggs, 15 were mature, and then after ICSI 3 made it to day 5 blasto and still awaiting CCS results.
My insurance only covered the workup labs and baseline ultrasound nothing related to IVF. Which was a sticker shock coming from Boston where everything was covered. My meds for a retrieval were roughly $6k and then the retrieval which included everything was $15k plus another $450 for anesthesia. Honestly it might be expensive but I think it's the best clinic/MD in the Twin Cities and I don't think you can put a price on that.
I haven't done a transfer but will probably do a single embryo but will be based on quality of egg.
1 IUI, IVF
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well.... The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly....
1 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well. Most appointments are early in the morning to allow you to get to work without much disruption. Make sure you know the meds you're taking so when you're ordering you make sure it's correct.
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money. She again was open and honest about our chances and we've enjoyed having someone we felt like we could talk to.
The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly. The on-call/after hours nurse system has been great to use and very responsive when needed.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller has been great. She was involved in all parts of the process and all of the procedures. She wants to make sure that you understand all of the numbers and will give you honest advice to help you with the most likely outcome to produce the results you're looking for.
I'd like to know more details about why which protocol was chosen and why my initial IVF protocol most likely failed. I feel like that information wouldn't have had me looking for information online and I would have had more confidence going into IVF cycle #2.
I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next. Because of low ovarian reserve I was started on a Micro-dose Lupron Protocol (lupron twice a day with 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F). After about 8 days it was determined my follicles weren't responding correctly to the stim drugs and our cycle was cancelled. We're currently in a modified protocol that has the same 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F with 5 days of Saizen (HGH).
My insurance covered CCRM for basic testing and screening. IVF was not covered except for a $5K lifetime max that didn't include meds. I believe an IVF cycle is about $15k without meds through CCRM.
We haven't gotten to this point yet. However, due to my low ovarian reserve and difficulty growing follicles Dr Batcheller recommended doing multiple embroys if given the opportunity.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Communication was very timely and staff [CCRM Minneapolis] was compassionate, but often with errors, such as being given the wrong medication protocol or told to schedule a certain test on the wrong cycle day.... I was given incomplete medication lists, told to schedule a procedure on the wrong day, told I didn't need certain tests that in fact did show abnormalities, and not contacted when promised with lab results.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths are the compassion and knowledge/skill. They also have an amazing lab. Weaknesses are significant disorganization and inaccurate communication, likely stemming from having too many patients for a single doctor.
I was given standard protocols until I presented my own research and asked for treatment modifications based on my specific issues.
Communication was very timely and staff was compassionate, but often with errors, such as being given the wrong medication protocol or told to schedule a certain test on the wrong cycle day.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was very nice when we saw her, but almost all of our communication was through her nurses who often didn't understand what Dr. Batcheller wanted for me. We had a hard time reaching her directly and often felt she failed to explain treatment risks, benefits and rationale to us. In the end, most of my treatment was determined by bringing my own research to her.
Be assertive about what you need.
High dose of Menopur (8 vials per day) for 13 days for egg retrieval. Break for CCS testing, beta 3 integrin biopsy and ERA biopsy (done only at my request and all showing abnormalities). Two months depot lupron for suspected endometriosis. Will do FET with a single day 6 normal embryo, with one extra day of progesterone following ERA test. Will do antihistamine protocol and lovenox for possible autoimmune or clotting issues.
Medications were over $10,000. We spent about $5000 on tests and additional appointments. Retrieval with testing was $16,000 and transfer will be over $4000.
She recommended single embryo transfer due to risks associated with multiples. No further explanation was given.
9 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
9 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM Minneapolis is located in Edina...it is very easy to get to and occupies it's own floor within the bigger building they are in. I loved that privacy. They also make sure to separate their appointments-if you are trying to get pregnant you are seen in the early morning, if you have achieved pregnancy with them and are still being monitored (they see you through 10 weeks or so) then you come a little later. This compassion to not be sitting in a waiting room seeing a pregnant person meant a lot to me. As of right now the hardest thing about CCRM Minneapolis is they do not accept insurance. You pay them upfront for the cycle and then submit claims to your insurance company-this is super tedious and a hassle but trust me WORTH IT! That's how good this team is! I think the biggest advantage is their state of the art lab and top notch embryologist. Not every clinic has a full time embryologist, they do. Dr Vasser is as important in this journey as Dr Batcheller. She is an incredible embryologist and was a huge part of our success! All of our embryos were top grade-that was not the case with other clinics!
April has incredible bedside manner as well as an ability to be very candid in her plans. She was always gentle in how she talked with us but also never gave false hope. Her care for my husband and I was personally tailored to us and I always felt that she was doing everything in her power to help us achieve our goals. I love that she incorporates both holistic medicine along side of her treatment plans!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Maria Patch )
All of the nurses at CCRM Minneapolis are amazing but I was so lucky to work with Maria Patch. She is so knowledgable and comforting. She gave great advice and was super quick to respond to messages. CCRM Minneapolis uses an online message portal and when I asked questions I got a response within the hour most of the time. The nurses at CCRM Minneapolis were so much more than nurses, they became like family to me. In fact I have stayed in contact with several and they are still cheering us on through this pregnancy. I miss seeing them regularly and wish I could have doctored all the way through delivery with that team!
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller herself will tell you that she specializes in caring for those who have had multiple failed cycles. When we came to her we were broken, we had done 9 IUI's and 2 IVF's with zero success. We went to her just to get a second opinion to see if we should stop and move onto adoption. Dr Batcheller had new ideas, was way more aggressive gave us the confidence to try again. While it still took her 2 rounds of IVF to get us pregnant, we didn't hesitate to do that second round as she had new ideas and was so confident in them. As a result I'm pregnant with twin boys and have 9 more embryos in the freezer waiting for us to expand in the future. I trust her implicitly with my care- she is a brilliant doctor on the cutting edge of research!
Dr Batcheller is a straight shooter yet compassionate so you will love her from the start. Once your treatment has started however you don't see Dr Batcheller personally each visit but know that she is the only one creating your care plan and that she is constantly monitoring and adjusting your cycle if need be to get the best results! She will likely push you for a freeze all cycle...it's hard to be patient but it was so worth it in the end! This approach allows her to be more aggressive with your meds and will ultimately be a huge benefit to you in the end!
My husband and I had a lot of obstacles to overcome so we were on a very aggressive protocol. We used lupron each cycle as I produce a lot of eggs...55 my last cycle her clinic record :) For my cycle we used a combination of saizen which is a med to help egg quality- cetrotide, vivelle patches, menopur and follistim which was about 15 days of injectable meds. I was in for monitoring 5 times during that period which was always quick and easy. Dr Batcheller favors freeze all cycles because she swims very hard typically and there was no way my body could handle a transfer at that point. My last cycle I produced 55 eggs (with previous clinics I was lucky to get 20), 37 were mature, 32 fertilized and 10 top grade embryos were frozen. We then went on to do a frozen embryo transfer 3 months later (we could have done it sooner but opted to wait). Because of my previous failed transfers again Dr Batcheller made sure we did everything possible for success. I went on Depot Lupron injections for 2 months leading up to the transfer. I then did a combination of Vivelle patches, progesterone shots and suppositories 3 times daily and she added an anti-hystimine protocol of meds to be absolutely sure my body wasn't attacking the babies. We transferred two 5 day top grade embryos that resulted in a successful twin pregnancy!
Our freeze all IVF cycle for just treatment was around $11,000 plus medications that were about $7,000. Our embryo transfer was around $3,500 and then the OB care after we were pregnant was $1,200. The meds for the transfer through the first 3 months of pregnancy were about $4,000. Dr Batcheller is very picky about using certain brands of drugs vs generics which did add to the price a bit, however her reasoning made sense and was worth the extra in the end.
CCRM Minneapolis does favor single embryo transfers as their success rates are so high and it does lower the risk. In my case we had so many failures Dr Batcheller agreed that transferring two was the best approach but she did caution me that it would likely result in twins...and it did :) In future transfers I will likely only be transferring 1 at a time as we such great quality embryos as a result of their amazing embryologist and lab!
Edina
From consult day 1 I felt like the staff - Front Desk and Nurses as well as [Dr. Batcheller at CCRM] wanted to know me...I would say once our retrieval and stims were done it felt a little less attentive (but really they don't need to be as attentive either). When I felt like I was having a crises after I had been released from there care they still took my phone call and were super quick and helpful at responding even contacting Dr. B and asking her some questions on my behalf. It was actually hard to leave them and our regular ultrasounds after we had success and were transitioning to a OB - becoming a normal pregnant person was a hard transition after such focused care. The embryologist was a little intense but honestly long as she is good at doing the lab work (which she rocks at) I didn't need her to be warm and fuzzy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths: Lab, CCRM Colorado's Lab and CCRM Big $ and innovation being shared with CCRM - Minneapolis, Dr. B, Nurses that are with you from beginning to end, CCRM vitamin lists, No stress around BMI (mine was around 38) and age, ability to get me started right away and no cohorts of ivf timing. Weaknesses: Costs $$$$, Website being generic for all CCRM's Something I would have wanted to know...I would have only filled half of my stim med order (long as I could have the other half filled in full ASAP) as what you may end up needing isn't always what you are prescribed...as in I was prescribed more with the thought that I might need more but ended up not using A LOT of the meds due to dosage changes and so I had a lot of extra meds left over (which means a lot of money spent that wasn't used). Also knowing how warm everyone was and as a person that was nervous about my BMI being an issue that it wasn't even brought up. That I was welcomed into CCRM. Also that they have sorta evolving policies. I was able to know the gender of our embryos after transfer but that now your allowed to know in advance. You are also allowed to give a sex preference (but only if your embryos are of equal quality). Also I guess something that none of us wants to hear...that after all of the money and time and energy that sometimes success doesn't happen. I have only heard really wonderful things from other patients attending at the same time as me about Dr. B showing up and really making a point to help be someone to lean on during that bad news, or in that crises, but that she is also willing to adapt and find new ways to help if possible.
From consult day 1 I felt like the staff - Front Desk and Nurses as well as Dr B. wanted to know me. I was eager to get started right away and even timed my 1st consult with the day 3 testing in mind (not knowing if I would be accepted as a patient or not) and Dr. B got me going on the next steps during the consult. She could have pushed me off to the future but was willing to work with me. She also understood that we were driving 5 plus hours 1 way for appointments with her and CCRM and did her best to make the most of every trip we made down (including setting up a special time for us to learn about injections etc instead of attending a group session). She seemed to be thoughtful about reading what had been done previously and addressing concerns I had from when I was doing IUI's before coming to CCRM. She also was reasonable and excited about our possibility of success. She also seemed to work ALL the time...she was there on weekends etc she didn't hand off the duty to someone else...she was always there if needed. She even said she was going on her first vacation (which was only like 2 weeks long) since she had started the CCRM location in MN...I felt happy for her that she was making a point to take care of herself as much as she was taking care of us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
Really I had a great experience with front desk (Hamdi use to answer the phone with pretty much every call and that meant a lot...I hear that isn't the case now), nurses, those drawing blood, ultrasound and more. From the moment I reached out to them about costs sheets to when they were saying good by to me as they transferred me to my OB they were warm, welcoming, friendly, personable, empathetic, funny, and easy to work with. I would say its just like any place you get medical care you do have to advocate for yourself, keep track of things, research, and ask questions if things don't seem right but overall I had a great experience. I would encourage anyone looking to go here to have patience and to remember that these people are human too (which can be hard when something so precious is on the line and the $$ being spent). I would say once our retrieval and stims were done it felt a little less attentive (but really they don't need to be as attentive either). When I felt like I was having a crises after I had been released from there care they still took my phone call and were super quick and helpful at responding even contacting Dr. B and asking her some questions on my behalf. It was actually hard to leave them and our regular ultrasounds after we had success and were transitioning to a OB - becoming a normal pregnant person was a hard transition after such focused care. The embryologist was a little intense but honestly long as she is good at doing the lab work (which she rocks at) I didn't need her to be warm and fuzzy.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She seemed so human. She was warm, caring, and smart. She was always there...even though I didn't see her every visit (not needed either) she was there for all the important things and even sometimes just there to touch base. For those that might want hand holding of the Dr at every appointment that probably isn't what Dr B will do but I never once felt like she was unreachable or wasn't guiding the process. She was great from consult to stims to retrieval to transfer to releasing us to our OB.
(OCP Antagonist - BCP) CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts that were day 5's 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl- We didn't learn this until after we had already transferred as CCRM's policy changed) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls)
Overall we paid roughly 35k (including IVF/Frozen Transfer, Acupuncture day of transfer, stim meds, transfer meds, post transfer meds, meds for the first 8 + weeks of pregnancy, some monitoring off site) plus (lodging/travel) 2016 Estimate of charges for: In Vitro Fertilization with CCS Testing PACKAGE PRICE CANNOT BE BROKEN APART Ultrasounds for Monitoring 76857 $800 Nursing Time Coordination (Retrieval) 98960 $750 Nursing Time Coordination (FET) 98960 $350 Retrieval of Oocyte 58970 $1,000 Transfer of Embryo 58974 $800 Ultrasound for Retrieval 76948 $180 Ultrasound for Transfer 76856 $180 Surgical Suite for Retrieval UB-92 $1,250 Surgical Suite for Transfer UB-92 $350 Clinical Lab Package $1,500 Includes Estradiol, Progesterone, LH, HCG, Blood Draw Sperm Isolation with Semen Analysis 89261 $300 Oocyte Identification 89254 $700 Culture and Fertilization 89250 $1,200 Embryo Transfer Prep 89255 $400 Assisted Hatching 89253 $500 Extended Culture 89272 $450 Embryo Cryopreservation 89258 $1,000 ICSI 89280 $1,500 Embryo Thaw 89352 $400 Embryo Biopsy 89290 $1,500 CCS Testing (Fertility Genetics) Includes 4 to 6 embryos $1,700 CCS Shipping Fees $250 Initial Pregnancy test HCG, Estradiol, Progesterone and lab draw fee $325 Total $17,385 **ADDITIONAL SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE PRICE** Anesthesia/Paid to Allied Anesthesia $475 check only Medication paid to Pharmacy Varies Cyst Aspiration $400 Annual embryo storage fee $400 Back-up sperm freeze $250 Sperm Thaw $200 Oocyte Activation $400 PICSI (used with ICSI) (Not billable to insurance) $400 MESA, Testes Biopsy, PESA, microdissection Varies
She seemed willing to let us do 1 or 2 but recommended 1. We also agreed to 1 (though did a lot of thinking on it) as we live far from a hospital that could provide care for infants/children with needs. Also the delivery hospital would be 2 hours away. I was also concerned about my ability to really give a quality life experience to my child and also for me and my husband if we had more than 1 child at a time. After all the time of trying to make family I really wanted to enjoy the experience as best as we all could. Also I was concerned about additional medical issues that I might have if carrying 2. EVEN with just the 1 transferred our first ultrasound showed 2 sacs (only 1 with a pole in it). So even when transferring just 1 it is possible to get twins etc.
Edina
The clinic was a great new facility and was very nice. Billing was a bit difficult as they were new when I was being treated and they did not have any insurance contracts at that time, but I was made aware of this...The nursing staff was a bit inconsistent, which I attribute to bring a brand new practice. I didn't have a strong 1x1 relationship with any particular nurse, but it didn't matter because Dr. Batchellor was so involved and accessible...Additionally her clinic treated me with a high BMI, without hesitation where other clinics have BMI cut offs that seemingly only serve to protect their success rates.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic was a great new facility and was very nice. Billing was a bit difficult as they were new when I was being treated and they did not have any insurance contracts at that time, but I was made aware of this when I first met with Dr Batchellor.
I saw Dr Batchelor when she first started her practice and she was engaged in every part of my treatment. She completed all ultrasounds and often answered the phone herself after hours for emergency questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I credit Dr Batchelor's focus on embryo screening and newer technology to my successful treatment. She is professional, personable and so hard working. I was amazed at the personal treatment I received from the very start as a patient in a brand new practice.
Her practice is focused on your success and not just their statistics. You are in great hands with a Dr that has clearly dedicated themselves to helping others in such an amazing way.
I do not recall a lot of specifics of the treatment protocol. I chose to spend the extra investment on CCS or PGS and I'm quite certain that is what I can accredit my success with one cycle, single embryo transfer. Additionally her clinic treated me with a high BMI, without hesitation where other clinics have BMI cut offs that seemingly only serve to protect their success rates.
$18,000 package covered retrieval, transfer, ultrasounds ,PGS/CCS etc. drugs were separate.
Dr. Batchellor was a strong proponent of set, but she was able to offer technology and success rates to compensate justify the approach.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
The nurses [at CCRM Minneapolis] are excellent! I appreciated knowing a few of them went through the process themselves and their compassion shone through. The nursing team handled all calls the same day and utilized the patient portal for simple questions...I like that they break the AM and PM up with patients who are trying to get pregnant and patients who have had success, making it a sensitive place for all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic is newer and is still working through some bumps, however, it doesn't impact the care you receive. The clinic is not in network with any insurance companies, however the billing representative Melissa makes sure to provide you with everything you need to submit to your insurance company after every appointment. I do wish we had gotten a summary of how much items would cost us out of pocket after we got pregnant, as all of the beta's and ultrasounds added up quickly. The parking is free and easy to find, and the waiting room offers beverages and has music playing. I like that they break the AM and PM up with patients who are trying to get pregnant and patients who have had success, making it a sensitive place for all. The wait times are minimal, if at all, and the practice is small, making it possible for everyone to know you, from the phlebotomist to the nursing assistant.
From our first consultation, Dr. Batcheller knew our names and didn't have to reference a chart. In fact, she didn't even have our chart pulled up at first and she spoke about our case as someone who had clearly reviewed it prior to our appointment and became incredibly familiar with us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret )
The nurses are excellent! I appreciated knowing a few of them went through the process themselves and their compassion shone through. The nursing team handled all calls the same day and utilized the patient portal for simple questions. I appreciated that all beta blood work was run same day and that Dr. Batcheller would call with the results herself, giving me a chance to ask any questions. The nurses were excellent in helping coordinate prescriptions. Often times at other clinics we were responsible to coordinate our own prescriptions, but here the nurses would do the faxing and assist with finding the best priced medication. At one point, the medication I needed was unavailable due to a shortage, and the nurse called around, finding it for me from a pharmacy in Florida, and had it overnighted to my house.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I can't say enough about Dr. Batcheller! She knew that this was our "last chance" cycle and put her heart into fighting for us. She was familiar with us at every visit, coming in on weekends to do ultrasounds and personally stepping in to do even the "small tasks" like taking a blood pressure or making copies of forms for us. She left no stone unturned and wanted this for us as much as we did. She was compassionate, kind, caring, funny, and incredibly personable, yet professional. We had seen other doctors up to this point, but had never received the type of care as we did with Dr. Batcheller. She validated concerns I had from prior cycles even before I had mentioned them. I was incredibly impressed with how she handled my questions. She has solid reasoning for what she does and why, but is willing to take your thoughts and opinions into consideration and compromise if you feel strongly about an issue. Dr. Batcheller is a truly fantastic doctor.
Make the appointment! Bring your questions - you will never feel rushed as she answers your questions.
Retrieval. PGD tested and then a frozen cycle to transfer 2 embryos.
Costs were competitive within the Twin Cities. About $16,000 for a freeze all, PGD tested cycle, not including medication.
This was our 5th transfer total, 1st with her, and 1st using PGD tested embryos. We decided to transfer two due to having had 7 embryos fail in the past and being unsure if it was an embryo issue or uterine issue. Both stuck and we welcomed our twins in May 2017.
Edina
We started with CCRM Jan '16, six months after they had fist opened. I feel right away there were a few kinks and processes the clinic was still working through, which can be expected. From the time I started going to CCRM the staff has grown as business has noticeably increased. Everyone single person I've interacted with at with the clinic was understanding, compassionate, caring, and genuine. Never having gone through IVF, I felt everyone was there for me, cheering me on along the way. You can see and feel the high standards CCRM and Dr. Batcheller have set...
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM has noticeably high standards. My husband and I knew after our first consultation that we were going to receive the best care from Dr. Batcheller and her team. This process can be trying on you and your partner both mentally and physically, but everyone at CCRM is there to help you through the process as well as cheering you on!
IVF is difficult, the staff is always there to answer any questions. They are compassionate and understanding and make you feel like a person not just a number.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Our initial consultation was a lot to digest and process, but she was understanding and willing to answer all of our questions. After our first consultation we knew we were going to be in great hands. CCRM has a great reputation in the industry with very high standards. Dr. Batcheller and her staff in Edina also have very high standards that can be seen and felt. You can feel her dedication and passion for what she does. One thing we did have an issue with was understanding is why we didn't qualify for the asure program. It took a lot of digging and phone calls to understand the reasoning which could have been easily communicated the beginning of our treatment (in our case male factor excluded us from qualifying). We attributed this to the growing pains of a new office and staff. We chose to go straight to IVF because of a morphology issue with my husband. After discussing our issue with becoming pregnant on our own, we were told CCRM Edina clinics' IVF success rate is/was 88% (which is very high). We also chose to do ICIS, genetic screening, acupuncture, and a frozen transfer. So technically our success rate should have been slightly higher than 88%. When our first frozen transfer failed we were devastated and felt almost like we were a little misled in realizing that it can also fail. We almost had a false sense of security that it would work. We felt like there was little discussion about the possibility of it not working. Looking back it was also us being a little naïve as well. Dr. Batcheller was honest and open after it failed (it's difficult when a reason can't be pinpointed) and suggested we do an antihistamine wash next time and said it's not an approach she would have taken the first time. When all said and done We doctored with Dr. Batcheller from Jan. 16 - Dec. 16 with the result of a current pregnancy. We could physically see the growth within the clinic. She and her staff are doing great things! We hands down felt like we had the best care possible. If we should need to do IVF again in the future we will be Seeing Dr. Batcheller.
Take your time with the staff and Dr. batcheller, they are there to answer all question and concerns that you and you partner may have. Know that Dr. Batcheller has your best interest in mind. Going through IVF is difficult emotionally and physically.
We chose to do a frozen IVF cycle (higher success rate). We had our embryo transfer in May '16 and had our 1st frozen transfer in Sep. '16 which resulted in a failure. Our 2nd transfer was Oct. '16 which resulted in a successfully pregnancy. The retrieval was fairly typical medications consisted of doxycycline, estrace, ganirelix, menopur, follistim, dexamethasone, clinics, novarel, and leuprolide. 1st frozen transfer medications: birth control, leuprolide, vivelle, aspirin, endometrin, and progesterone in oil. I also did acupunture day of transfer at clinic 2nd frozen transfer medications: birth control, leuprolide, vivelle, aspirin, endometrin, medrol, doxycycline, progesterone in oil, prednisone, pepcid, and claritin. I also did acupunture for six weeks leading up to transfer including day of transfer and after transfer. Second transfer resulted in a successful pregnancy.
26K plus meds and 6k for a 2nd frozen transfer. I was fortunate that my health insurance coverd my IVF.
Dr. Batcheller my husband and I discussed what would be best for us. My husband and I wanted to try for one baby rather than twins. considering our infertility issue sat with my husband we all agreed transferring one embryo would be our best option.
Edina
This clinic [CCRM - MN] is absolutely amazing. Every staff member, from nurses, to the Dr., the receptionists, the lab techs are so incredibly nice. The other thing that is so refreshing to see is they are so complimentary of each other. Consistently heard at appointments were 'Oh you're seeing Margaret today, she's so awesome, you're in good hands' or 'Dr. B will know what to do she is smart as a whip'. The environment is so incredibly positive.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
This clinic is absolutely amazing. Every staff member, from nurses, to the Dr., the receptionists, the lab techs are so incredibly nice. The other thing that is so refreshing to see is they are so complimentary of each other. Consistently heard at appointments were 'Oh you're seeing Margaret today, she's so awesome, you're in good hands' or 'Dr. B will know what to do she is smart as a whip'. The environment is so incredibly positive.
Dr. B wanted to tailor our medications to our situation. She listened to our story, and was willing to spend whatever time it took to answer all of our questions. She is accessible and relates to patients on equal ground. She offered many suggestions on how she could potentially help target our specific previous failures.
Compared to the last clinic we were at, this was a night and day difference (in a good way). The nurses after meeting you once remember you and your name when you came back. They were all SO compassionate and caring, always making conversation with us and getting to know us, and always asking multiple times if we had all our questions answered before leaving/hanging up, etc.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She's compassionate, trustworthy, and obviously extremely smart. After our first meeting with her I walked out of the clinic completely trusting her.
She's going to give you a lot of information so take notes, and ask as many questions as you need.
No bcp priming (too suppressive). We ended up skipping the usual estrogen patches/cetrotide priming because my period came early. Started stims with 150 menopur, 300 gonal f, and she added clomid after my first follicle check. Cetrotide after follicles reached 12mm, and a dual hcg/lupron trigger. I had six mature eggs, three fertilized, two made it to blast (4aa and 4bb) and one (the 4aa) was CCS normal.
18k which included retrieval, CCS testing, and one frozen transfer.
IUI, 2 IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
They [the staff at CCRM Minneapolis] get to know you like a human. From the beginning, they talk about when I'm pregnant and how they will help make that happen. Very positive group but also provided so many hugs when things didn't go well. The clinic is new, so the systems are still getting worried out....About $27,000 per retrieval, including meds. $6000 for transfer including meds. I also elected to do embryo chromosome screening which added $5000.
IUI, 2 IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They get to know you like a human. From the beginning, they talk about when I'm pregnant and how they will help make that happen. Very positive group but also provided so many hugs when things didn't go well. The clinic is new, so the systems are still getting worried out.
Dr. Bachellor is truly a warm, caring and very competent doctor. I saw her nearly every time I went to the clinic. She patiently answered my many, many questions. I never felt rushed by her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Monica and Maria)
Monica and Maria are both very compassionate, responsive, and knowledgeable. At first, the nursing staff went through a good deal of turnover, which concerned me. I even asked Dr. Bachellor about it. Ing the end, she has very high standards and wants her patients to feel 100% supported. She worked hard to find the right team - and it shows.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She did all but 2 of my ultrasounds for 2 retrievals. My first retrieval was good. My 2nd resulted in 0 embryos. She sat with me for an hour to discuss my results and listen to my frustration and even said she was sorry for things I didn't understand, although she did nothing wrong. She's competent, compassionate, science-based, with an incredible bedside manner.
The clinic is new, so they're still figuring some things out. But take your chances on them - they're worth it. I did find that they're on the more expensive side. However, they specialize in helping older women get pregnant.
Edina
[CCRM - MN] Strengths -- the overall results. They tend to schedule a lot of early morning appointments and are committed to getting you in and out. Weaknesses, they don't have a lot of overhead, so you can be standing at the front counter for awhile waiting for service. There seems to be confusion between the ultra sound staff and the nurses, at times...
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
She talked to me, she was approachable. She reassured me. I felt like I was in good hands. I had zero confidence in my ability to get pregnant, but she was so assured. I trust her.
They are good, but the clinic does not have a lot of overhead. Sometimes they give inconsistent answers, but it's over stuff that is likely personal preference. But again, they won't hold your hand too much. You have to get in front of them if you don't know what to do, and then they are more than willing to help you figure out your next step.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I am really pleased with my care. It's a small clinic, and you have to be your own advocate, but I feel like out of all the clinics in town, this is the only one that I even have a chance of getting pregnant with.
I am not sure if this is doctor specific, but I always think it's a good idea to have an understanding of your diagnosis, be your own advocate. You know you better than anyone else. Bring up things. Ask questions. They are really strict on things like not drinking caffeine, but they won't let you know unless you ask. So ask questions.
I did two different types of priming. The first did not work so well, so we adjusted. We also adjusted my stim protocol.
it's expensive.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
the entire staff [at CCRM] knew my name and were quick to respond to calls (including teary calls due to stress). I also got to know the staff's names too. The doctor allowed calls to explain things again and again, which was so helpful. even the finance team was understanding and friendly...total with medication + clinic + follow ups about USD 23k...very open and caring very supportive (including with boxes of tissues when needed!)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
the initial price tag can be overwhelming. we got lucky that my insurance ended up covering pieces of treatments here and there (such as blood work, some ultrasounds etc) so it helped.
the entire staff knew my name and were quick to respond to calls (including teary calls due to stress). I also got to know the staff's names too. The doctor allowed calls to explain things again and again, which was so helpful. even the finance team was understanding and friendly and arrangeing.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller is young and the clinic was still fairly new (&lt;1 year at this location). She is extremely passionate both about the science and the human side of infertility treatments. She never shied away from explaining treatments, options and limits, as well as expressing her recommendations (which might not have been what we would have picked, but turned out for the best).
ask ALL your questions. she will answer everything. NO DUMB QUESTION !
Since i was responding well to injectables (from failed IUIs at another clinic), I was set on the following: vivelle patches, then cetrotide; then gonal F / follistim + menopur; Lupron for the egg retrieval. then day 5 embryo frozen transfer after genetic testing (6 weeks later)
total with medication + clinic + follow ups about USD 23k
Dr wouldn't do multiple embryo transfer, as in her mind they carry higher risks (both for transfer and pregnancy, as well as increased risk of multiples) we only had one viable embryo, so we didn't have any decision/ arguments on it.
6 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
The nursing staff was always very friendly and pleasant [at CCRM Minneapolis]...The 2015 pricing for IVF including ICSI was $11,935. Anesthesia was a separate charge of $430...You get a more boutique feel at this clinic, I never felt like just a number there. The only thing that was a little bit of a hassle, was for insurance I had to submit the claim after each visit as their insurance contracts weren't set up yet. Maybe that has been resolved since I've been there however.
6 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Dr. Batcheller really seemed like she cared. I never felt like just a number under her care, which definitely isn't always the case.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and pleasant.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller was very warm and I always felt like she really cared about our outcome. She seemed knowledeable with current protocols, she didn't just choose a cookie cutter approach. Before we met with her, we were ready to move onto 3rd party reproduction, but after our consult we decided on one more cycle with her. While we didn't get the outcome we wanted, i.e. a baby, I'd still highly recommend her over any other RE's in MN.
My go to advice for anyone doing IVF is to always be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to question things. Go with your gut.
A antagonist protocol was used, along with hgh, which resulted in two embryos, one blast and one morula. Unfortunately neither took.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
It's newer, so there isn't much of a reputation at this point. Additionally, it did feel more clinical than another local fertility clinic, but I liked that. Everything was new and state-of-the-art...More expensive than other local options, but I feel it was 100% worth it. Our entire IVF FET cycle ended up costing around $26k (including meds)...She [Dr April Batchellor] was fantastic. Energetic, caring, and really took the time to explain things to me and answer all of my stupid questions. She's an all-around fantastic person and a very talented doctor.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The entire clinic was super caring, knew my name, and didn't treat me like a check box. It truly felt like they were invested in my care and wanted success for me as a person.
They were all fantastic. Monica and Maria were the standouts, giving me hugs and support during treatment. They were knowledgeable and compassionate.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was fantastic. Energetic, caring, and really took the time to explain things to me and answer all of my stupid questions. She's an all-around fantastic person and a very talented doctor.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions- I never felt judged or silly.
Since I have PCOS, we followed a special regimen to accommodate. She was also careful to give me lupron as a trigger to help eliminate the risk of OHSS. She was very knowledgeable about the latest and greatest info and was okay tweaking my schedule when I wasn't responding as anticipated. It felt personalized for my specific concerns/issues.
3 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
If you do not have insurance a cycle is about $20K with meds [at CCRM Minneapolis]...My nurse forgot to order one of the trigger medications that’s was needed for my stim cycle. We found out about this tje day I was suppose to trigger. We ended up getting the medication at 10pm and administering it in the car so we met the deadline. Doctor Batcheller did not review my file and ignored my complicated cervix. My first transfer was canceled because she could not get into my uterus. She tried for over an hour because I’m her words “I’ve never met a uterus I couldn’t get in to.”
3 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Do not go to CCRM Minneapolis. Save your money and go elsewhere. You will just be a number at this clinic. If you ask questions regarding your care you will be treated like crap by the nursing staff. There is nothing good about CCRM. You deserve better, go somewhere else
At CCRM Minneapolis you very rarely speak to Dr. Batcheller. All of your correspondence is with the nurses and sometimes you get multiple opinions and information is lost in translation.
Only good nurses at the clinic are Andrea and Margaret.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller is very arrogant and it’s her way or the high way. Dr.Batcheller is not open to using generic medications in her practice or other courses of treatment. She is so very busy that she does not have the time to review her patients records and this sometimes leads to botched transfer attempts.
Skip CCRM Minneapolis and spend your money elsewhere.
I was on protocol five with human growth hormone for my retrieval cycle. We ended up with 3 embryos. She did not include birth control in any of my cycles due to my past history of blood clots while on birth control
I have insurance. If you do not have insurance a cycle is about $20K with meds
IUI, 1 IVF
IVF cycle [at CCRM Minneapolis] typically cost 15,000 without insurance...I like that they are open on the weekends. Everyone is very friendly. Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval. They also are not very forthcoming with information during stim checks. Had to specifically ask my estrogen and progesterone numbers. Never let me look at the screen for my ultrasounds. Which kind of annoyed me.
IUI, 1 IVF
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
She seemed a bit harsh at first. I asked her if I could have a placement scan with history of ruptured ectopic and she said no. Later asked the doctor, who was more than willing to ease my anxiety with one.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She is very warm and friendly. Have had only one cycle. Hard to say how she will respond to a second round. Like will she change up protocol? She seems very busy. May need to get another doctor on board.
She will make you feel at ease.
AMH 2.3. AFC=15. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature. Used birth control followed by antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal F with cetrotide. We decided to do ICSI with CCS testing.
we had insurance. We paid CCS testing and money up to deductible and then 20%. IVF cycle typically cost 15,000 without insurance.
I believe she prefers single embryo transfer, especially at my age.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Weakness I noticed now is when you called them [CCRM-MN] the switchboard is in Colorado Denver. When I talk to them about it they convinced us they never miss the calls as they got transferred. Thats is the only negative. As the overall they are excellent.... The medical cost is between 25k to 35k USD... We felt that we received the best care that we were in our mind. The clinic was in his early stages and they were excelent as a profession and as a human perspective.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Weakness I noticed now is when you called them the switchboard is in Colorado Denver. When I talk to them about it they convinced us they never miss the calls as they got transferred. Thats is the only negative. As the overall they are excellent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Monica )
They know what they doing and very comfortable dealng with them.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Very friendly, welcoming and smile in her face all the time. She is treating like you as her own family never felt uncomfortable. We are glad that we found our happiness and we thank our mighty and second to the Dr Batcheler.
Be patient, plan in advance and be supportive to be each other on the couples.
We started from first time on the test. Blood test, hyperscopy and semen analysis. Then we begin medication for the cycle. Then egg retrieval and after 5 days the transfer. All that happened inside 6 months starting from the first day we met this clinic.
The medical cost is between 25k to 35k USD and none to my insurance
I dont have any comment as I dont have any medical backgrounds. I am happy as long as I do have baby smilng on my face.
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Curt and disorganized, but they [nurses] run the show. I was assigned a coordinator,but I only talked with her a few times. I mostly interacted with a random team of nurses - none of whom seemed to like her job. They were so incredibley rude and unhappy....Can't think of one single positive thing associated with this clinic. Working with them was a nightmare and an experience I'll regret for years to come....
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Worst. Experience. Ever. Can't think of one single positive thing associated with this clinic. Working with them was a nightmare and an experience I'll regret for years to come. I think my doctor ended up getting fired or quitting. She was there less than a year.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
She wasn't familiar with the different stages of my care. If I ever wanted her imvolved in my care, I had to pay a special fee of over $100
Curt and disorganized, but they run the show. I was assigned a coordinator,but I only talked with her a few times. I mostly interacted with a random team of nurses - none of whom seemed to like her job. They were so incredibley rude and unhappy.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis?
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was impersonal, lacked compassion, inaccessible, exaggerated success rates, and was inflexible when I wanted to alter my care base on initial outcomes and response to medication. She is the worst doctor I've ever worked with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't waste your time or money.
Describe the protocols Ellen Hayes used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
CCRM puts you on a standard protocol depending on your labs. The protocol is not individualized or altered based on your unique response to meds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis.
Slightly more expensive than other MN clinics. Tried to "sell" certain things that once you agreed to them, you weren't allowed to cancel (genetic testing)
Describe Ellen Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM will not do multiple embryo transfers.
Ellen Hayes
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
All the nurses at CCRM were great. They also appeared very busy...I remember during the work-up phase she charged for everything. They do not submit to insurance you have to do that yourself...Hours are convenient. Staff seems very knowledgeable...My egg retrieval failed to have any embryos viable for chromosome testing or transfer and she never called me to explain the results.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Hours are convenient. Staff seems very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
All the nurses at CCRM were great. They also appeared very busy.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller seemed very eager to get us started and very optimistic about a successful IVF cycle for us. We had an uneventful stim and had 9 mature eggs at retrieval I was very confident in her Knowledge and experience shared her optimism. However when only 2 fertilized and zero made it to blastocyte she never called me. The embryologist gave me the bad news. Dr. Batcheller never called to check on me, offer an explanation or talk to me about next steps. I had to call to make a follow up appointment with her. I felt abandoned after the poor retrieval process and didn't feel she cared about me or helping us.
She is busy. Her staff is short handed and very busy. This can be a very emotional process with ups downs and confusion. If you are new to IVF treatments you should know you will feel like you are on your own.
Edina
We were mainly being seen by our nurse, Jill, on the regular [at CCRM Minneapolis]...I was unfortunately overstimulated after my egg retrieval but they took such good care and sent me to ER and followed up constantly...She [nurse] was awesome. Always communicating through phone, and patient portals!...When I was having hard days, they would let me and let me cry and explained things thoroughly. Through such a tough journey, they made me feel good and comfortable.
East Asian, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They were awesome and communicated so well. When I was having hard days, they would let me and let me cry and explained things thoroughly. Through such a tough journey, they made me feel good and comfortable.
We were mainly being seen by our nurse, Jill, on the regular. But when I did need to see our doctor for unexpected questions, she made herself available. That was important to me bc at the time, she was the only RE who worked at that clinic so I know she’s always busy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jill radke)
She was awesome. Always communicating through phone, and patient portals!
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller put all of the risks and downsides to everything before we decided to do anything. We were torn about doing the genetic testing and she gave us reasons to do it and reasons why it’s not always necessary rather than just telling us to do it.
You will be treated by such an intelligent, warm, and positive person who honestly has your best interest in you.
We wanted to do multiple embryo transfer but the clinic and dr advised to do one bc their goal was for us to have a single healthy baby and they said the chances of both eggs holding were almost just as successful as a singleton transfer. They weren’t even telling me it was just about putting in two eggs but how hard it will be to carry twins, deliver, and take care or aftRewards. We still wanted to do 2 and they said they would let us but wanted to make sure we knew that we would probably have twins, which we did!
Edina
I do know that CCRM does not bill insurance. You have to bill your own insurance...Just a few little slip ups with forgetting to call with (non important) lab results....The nursing team is awesome; I especially love Margaret. She's so empathetic and kind...,,,Dr. Batcheller is an overly positive doctor, which I love but also is just something to take into consideration when she gives odds and statistics; she gave us great odds and I wish I would have taken her advice with a dose of skepticism.
She's a very warm person and remembered a lot about me. She's easy to joke with and was just really easy to trust.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
After our first egg retrieval was a dud, she empathized with us adequately and then told us what she'd like to do next but never pressured us. I felt like she struck a great balance between letting us vent and be disappointed, and offering solutions. Our second retrieval went TWICE as great as our first one and we now have 3 embryos ready and waiting!
No idea...I must have blocked this out. Although I do know that CCRM does not bill insurance. You have to bill your own insurance...
Yes, she only transfers two embryos if they have not undergone genetic testing.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Yes, CCRM is the most expensive place in town but well worth it. Better to go through less cycles and get it done right the first time....I have seen nearly all doctors in the twin cities. Dr. Batcheller is hands down the best RE. She tried new techniques with me, was extremely kind and supportive, and is very knowledgable and intelligent. I am so thankful for her. And so happy CCRM is in the twin cities!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Batcheller was the first RE to ever take my opinion into account and was willing to tailor the treatment based on my personal experiences.
Very kind and knowledgable.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't go anywhere else. Don't waste your time. Yes, CCRM is the most expensive place in town but well worth it. Better to go through less cycles and get it done right the first time.
CCS/PGS on day 5 embryos, ICSI, frequent blood work and monitoring.
2 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Overall I experienced a high level of care. The clinic [CCRM Minneapolis-Edina] is professional, extremely clean and organized, and staff are friendly, patient, and kind. As with any healthcare, be your own advocate and track your care closely.... Overall they [the nurses] do their best, and some are better than others. Be your own advocate, ask questions and track your care closely. They have heavy patient loads and mistakes are occasionally made.
2 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Overall I experienced a high level of care. The clinic is professional, extremely clean and organized, and staff are friendly, patient, and kind. As with any healthcare, be your own advocate and track your care closely.
Dr. Batcheller is an excellent communicator and will provide direct feedback and information on treatment plans, based on individual test results and past treatments.
Overall they do their best, and some are better than others. Be your own advocate, ask questions and track your care closely. They have heavy patient loads and mistakes are occasionally made.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She’s an excellent communicator with a caring bedside manner. She is also good at boosting your confidence during setbacks and helps build trust by being direct and honest throughout the process. If you provide direct feedback, she will respond judiciously to address concerns.
Build a positive relationship early. You are going on a long journey together.