Genetic counseling: Offered
is not offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
6565 France Avenue South
Edina, MN 55435
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Minneapolis to a friend?

7.2

6.8

3 doctors
The nurses [at CCRM] are really kind. I just get the sense that they might be overwhelmed. Just know that you might be the one who needs to reach out, ask questions, pay attention to dates and details on your IVF calendar, etc....They also have an amazing discount program (20% off all the services they provide/bill for!) if you or your spouse are active military, which was a big draw for us.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem has a breadth of knowledge about all things fertility and assisted reproductive technology, from more traditional approaches and opinions, to new research that's coming out. CCRM has a list of vitamins they recommend for female patients, and after giving that to me, Dr. Salem told me about a study that's being conducted at CCRM in Colorado where they've found improved success rates in IVF cycles for patients who took acai berry. He said their proprietary blend wasn't for sale, but that if I could get my hands on some acai berry to give it a try. I really appreciated the personalized recommendation. Dr. Salem has also customized our IVF protocol based on my issues (low AMH) and he's been good about explaining why he recommends this or that. With my former RE, I was always second-guessing things and feeling like I needed to do my own research. With Dr. Salem, it feels so good knowing we can trust him and that we are in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask all the questions! He's so good giving his opinion and backing it up with scientific evidence, but he will explain everything in a way you can understand. I honestly would recommend Dr. Salem to anyone, 10/10.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Right at the start of our consultation, it was clear the Dr. Salem had reviewed all of our history/paperwork. He was so thorough in explaining his opinion on why we're struggling to conceive. I went into the meeting with lots of questions, and he answered each one with patience, honesty, and scientific evidence. We've since had additional meetings with Dr. Salem in preparation for IVF, and his bedside manner has remained the same. Never once have we felt rushed or like we were just a number. Moreover, he's recommended certain supplements and tweaks to our IVF protocol specifically for me. Dr. Salem is compassionate, and we feel we can trust him to do what's in our best interest.
Describe the protocols Wael Salem used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Because I have low AMH, we are doing estrogen priming instead of birth control. I am taking 2mg of Estrace (oral), twice a day for about 2 weeks. With my next cycle day 3, we will do baseline ultrasound and blood work, and everything looks good we will start stims. I will be doing 2 vials of Menopur (injection) in the morning, and at night I will do 300 units of Follistim (injection), plus 100 mg of Clomid (oral), and Dexamethasone (oral). Again, since I don't have a lot of eggs, we are pretty much doing max stims to try to recruit as many as possible. At some point I will start Cetrocide/Ganirelix (injection) - not sure what dose, I think this is to prevent me from ovulating before the retrieval. Because we hope to have 2-3 children, we are doing CCRM's family building program, which was recommended to us by Dr. Salem. This means we will do 3 freeze-all retrievals and after the last retrieval all of the embryos will get genetic testing (this saves $ because you're only paying for genetic testing once rather than 3 times). Then we will do a single FET, and any remaining healthy embies will stay on ice for future use.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
The nurses are really kind. I just get the sense that they might be overwhelmed. Just know that you might be the one who needs to reach out, ask questions, pay attention to dates and details on your IVF calendar, etc. We do have a primary nurse, but it seems like whoever is available is who helps us, which is fine. I wish they would automatically upload test results into your portal, but so far I have had to ask for my results every time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM is a well known, reputable clinic not only in Minneapolis, but also around the nation and maybe the world. They also have an amazing discount program (20% off all the services they provide/bill for!) if you or your spouse are active military, which was a big draw for us. We also really appreciate the opportunity to do the family building program, where we will do 3 retrievals at a discounted price in an effort to bank embryos. Not all clinics have this! One thing that is not ideal is that CCRM is often very busy, probably because they're so popular! But the waiting room is often full (which can be kind of awkward) and appointments tend to book out, especially the appointments you have early on. They do have cancellation lists though so don't be shy to ask!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.
Costs are comparable with our former clinic. Because we are doing the family building program which is discounted, plus we get a military discount, the cost of 3 retrievals and 1 FET will be about $40k I think.
Describe Wael Salem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
Dr. Salem definitely seems to lean towards eSET, at least in our case. He said he would only recommend transferring 2 embryos if I had two miscarriages with a singleton (though I think he probablyyyy would be open to transferring 2 after only one miscarriage).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
It wasn't a big deal, but the clinic did lose some test results I sent in when we first started going there.
Edina

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.

Dr. Batcheller did not actually ask if we wanted one embryo or two to be transferred until the day of the procedure, which I found a bit odd. We did not have a prior conversation about the pros and cons of single vs multiple embryo transfer, but when I said I only wanted one transferred, she said "That's probably a good idea, if we transfer 2 there's about a 60% chance of twins"...Although I only had a handful of appointments and conversations directly with her, she communicated well through the clinic staff and never seemed inaccessible.
nurses at CCRM were very friendly, kind, and responsive to questions. It was clear that they looked closely at each cycle to determine what factors might be affecting my case, and used that information to tweak the next treatment cycle...Occasionally there were a few gaps in communication about my medication protocol (usually they were able to be sorted out quickly, though sometimes there was some scrambling to get more of a medication in time), but that is really my only complaint. Margaret, the nurse who coordinated my care, was very helpful, and I'd also like to mention Jill for going above and beyond in more than one instance to answer questions or get medication to us when I needed more than was originally anticipated.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller is extremely knowledgeable and competent, as well as friendly and always willing to answer questions or explain things in more detail. She's very up to date with fertility research. The only time I felt that her recommendations were not 100% evidence-based were after my embryo transfer and in early pregnancy (before I transferred back to my OB). She is extremely conservative and cautious about early pregnancy, and gave me a lot of restrictions that seemed unnecessary and that did not line up with the research I found (for example, 2 days of bed rest after embryo transfer). Overall, my experience with Dr. Batcheller was extremely positive, and she got the job done! Although I only had a handful of appointments and conversations directly with her, she communicated well through the clinic staff and never seemed inaccessible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions! She is very good at explaining things clearly and concisely.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batchellor and all of the nurses at CCRM were very friendly, kind, and responsive to questions. It was clear that they looked closely at each cycle to determine what factors might be affecting my case, and used that information to tweak the next treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret)
The nursing staff was excellent overall. Occasionally there were a few gaps in communication about my medication protocol (usually they were able to be sorted out quickly, though sometimes there was some scrambling to get more of a medication in time), but that is really my only complaint. Margaret, the nurse who coordinated my care, was very helpful, and I'd also like to mention Jill for going above and beyond in more than one instance to answer questions or get medication to us when I needed more than was originally anticipated.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The biggest strength of CCRM Minneapolis is definitely how up-to-date and successful they are, they definitely know what they are doing! In general, I also found the clinic staff to be kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. Overall, the strengths far outweigh the weaknesses, but there are a few downsides to CCRM that are worth mentioning. The clinic hours sometimes made it difficult to schedule appointments around my work schedule, and also made phone communication tricky sometimes (it is often not possible for me to take/make phone calls while I'm at work). Because they are so busy and see so many patients, I occasionally felt a little bit lost in the shuffle, or like there were some gaps in communication among the nurses when I had to talk to a few different nurses about my care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
The cost for IUI varied between about $2,000 and $3,500, depending on how many ultrasounds were needed and what medication was used. The cost for IVF was about $14,000, plus about $7,000 in medications.
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I think I mentioned this before, but there were a couple of times when there were gaps in communication about changes in medication protocols, or the original information about my medication protocol was not conveyed quite clearly enough and some confusion resulted. They were always very good about getting things sorted out as soon as possible, though.
Edina

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Batcheller has a record of success, and we are hopeful this round will be successful. She is always friendly and appears knowledgeable. Our last RE indicated, after one failed round of IVF, that our chances of a successful round of IVF would be low. April reviewed our records from that round and made significant adjustments to our protocol.... We had to persist to convince Dr. Batcheller to test us for infertility issues. She recommended we try for a year, though after persisting, testing showed severe male factor infertility that requires IVF.
This clinic [CCRM Minneapolis] clearly has advanced technology and is affiliated with the CCRM headquarters. They don't yet have published outcome data, so it's unclear to me whether their outcomes will mirror those of the Denver site. One major weakness we've experienced is lack of organized and general difficulty scheduling appointments. At the start of our treatment with this clinic, we had difficulty scheduling appointments and received mixed messages
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be persistent. We had to persist to convince Dr. Batcheller to test us for infertility issues. She recommended we try for a year, though after persisting, testing showed severe male factor infertility that requires IVF.
This is our second round of treatment. We previously worked with a different clinic. We feel more like a number at this clinic. We also feel our concerns were not taken seriously until we started injections. It feels as though there are more patients than can be adequately managed and that we weren't a priority until injections started.
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
We are coming to April's clinic with a history of one failed round of IVF. She's recommended a number of changes, and we're happy with her ability to adjust course from our last failed round. Priming: Estrogen and progesterone Stimming: Menopur, steroid, human growth hormone; cetrotide; lupron and novarel We'll be doing a frozen transfer after all embryos are genetically tested.
The phlebotomists are fantastic - caring, understanding, and great at drawing blood effectively the first time. We've struggled a bit with the nursing staff. We've received mixed messages and have noticed errors in our IVF calendar. At one point, test results were not shared with us which resulted in unexpected testing recommendations.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
This clinic clearly has advanced technology and is affiliated with the CCRM headquarters. They don't yet have published outcome data, so it's unclear to me whether their outcomes will mirror those of the Denver site. One major weakness we've experienced is lack of organized and general difficulty scheduling appointments. At the start of our treatment with this clinic, we had difficulty scheduling appointments and received mixed messages (or inaccurate messages) from nurses. It seems as though the clinic has more patients than they can realistically manage.
We haven't completed the process yet. We are 100% out-of-pocket for clinic services.
April recommends one embryo transfers due to my age and the high risk of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Test results weren't shared with us in a timely manner and were then referenced in passing at a follow-up appointment. This particular test required follow-up on my end. I wasn't aware of this, as the results weren't shared with me. I struggled to get testing appointments scheduled because April's schedule was consistently booked. I brought this to the attention of nurses and scheduling staff on three occasions. It wasn't until my husband contacted the nurses that our concerns were addressed. A test was ordered for my husband. As he arrived to complete the test, clinic staff suggested he didn't meet criteria for the test and gave him the option to not continue. We then later learned he did, in fact, meet criteria.
Edina

When meeting with Dr. Batcheller I felt that my care was very personalized and that she made a solid plan for my specific case. We met with her for the initial consultation, regroup after fertility tests (hormone levels, sperm analysis, etc.), and I saw her before and after my egg retrieval....The patient has to be comfortable dealing mostly with staff at this clinic. For me that wasn't a problem, and Dr. Batcheller was clearly monitoring my progress behind the scenes, as she is clearly very busy. I felt my care was well handled and had a very good cycle
The staff at CCRM Minneapolis are also fantastic and began remembering my name after the second or third stim check, so I didn't feel much like a number....The nursing staff always answered my messages in the portal promptly. They were overall kind and considerate...The only issue we really had was that they did not freeze the first sperm sample due to miscommunication. It was analyzed and discarded
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
The patient has to be comfortable dealing mostly with staff at this clinic. For me that wasn't a problem, and Dr. Batcheller was clearly monitoring my progress behind the scenes, as she is clearly very busy. I felt my care was well handled and had a very good cycle to begin with seeing as I have low ovarian reserve. The protocol seemed very fitting for a first round based on my situation, and I will only be requesting small adjustments for round two.
If you want a very personalized plan this is the place to go, but you should be prepared to have somewhat limited interactions with the doctor herself.
When meeting with Dr. Batcheller I felt that my care was very personalized and that she made a solid plan for my specific case. We met with her for the initial consultation, regroup after fertility tests (hormone levels, sperm analysis, etc.), and I saw her before and after my egg retrieval. I was able to make a follow up appointment with her two days after retrieval, and will be meeting with her to plan round two. I believe that other clinics have a lot more face to face time with the doctor, during stimming/monitoring I didn't see Dr. Batcheller at all. This didn't bother me personally very much, as she was clearly always in the background assessing how to manage my care. The staff at CCRM Minneapolis are also fantastic and began remembering my name after the second or third stim check, so I didn't feel much like a number.
I did a high dosage protocol for my low ovarian reserve. I was on both Clomid and Dexamethasone, alongside 300 units Follistim, two vials of Menopur, and about halfway through I started one prefilled syringe of Ganirelix. I triggered with both HCG and Lupron. Toward the end of my cycle my estrogen was very high, so there was some concern for overstimming. They had me trigger according to our original plan, even though I was hoping to let a few more follicles catch up. They focused on my body and safety when I didn't, which I think is very important. They put me on Cabergoline to help this as well. I am currently one day past retrieval and have had no weight gain, no trouble urinating, and otherwise no signs of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Being below age 35 and having been on such high doses of hormones this was definitely a concern, and I'm glad that my doctor took this into account.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
The nursing staff always answered my messages in the portal promptly. They were overall kind and considerate. If they didn't know an answer they usually let me know that and followed up with someone who did know the answer. It seems like there is a bit of divide between the nursing staff and embryology, but I think this is not atypical. There were a few occasions where my questions were answered incorrectly, but I generally followed up with the doctor and got the right information. Dr. Batcheller then assured me she would inform the nurse so that they know for the future. I think I had more challenging questions than most as I am studying for my masters in biology.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
My overall experience at CCRM Minneapolis was great. I got all my questions answered (when I remembered to ask them, if not, the portal was a great resource) in a timely fashion. The communication seemed to be slightly lacking on occasion (they forgot to freeze my partner's sperm the first time around, but I think they are not used to doing this during the one day workup), generally between the lab and the nursing staff. When this occurred they did everything to help fix the issue and did not charge for reanalysis. Due to my concern about this they were even kind enough to show me the vial of sperm with my partner's name on it to reassure me. They called me promptly the morning after to let me know how many eggs were mature (60%) and that 100% had fertilized, and told me that there is still a chance that more will mature. Overall this is, of course, fewer than I might have hoped, but is still very good for my AMH. As with any clinic, be sure to advocate for yourself - if there is anything very particular to your case (like us using frozen sperm from my partner), tell them and tell them again. Other than that, things will run smoothly!
Initial Consultation: $200 One Day Workup (Hormone Testing, Hysteroscopy, Sperm Analysis, Disease Testing, Other Blood Tests): ~$2,100 in house, ~$2,000 to Quest Diagnostics (disease testing) Round One (Monitoring, Surgery): ~9,400 Anesthesia: $475 (Check Only)
Because I am doing PGS testing and am under age 30 I believe that when we get to the transfer I will only be allowed to do one. The risk of multiples is too high, and the success rate should be around 70%. For me this is a non-issue as I would like to avoid multiples if possible, as the risk to myself and the babies increases significantly in this case.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
The only issue we really had was that they did not freeze the first sperm sample due to miscommunication. It was analyzed and discarded, but thankfully we were in town long enough for them to reanalyze and cryopreserve. We were not charged for the second analysis. I also asked a question and received an incorrect answer from a nurse, but this was cleared up on the same day when I met with the doctor.
Edina

2 Egg Freezing (cancer), 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Batcheller gives all of the pertinent information and allows the patient to make the decisions that are best for them...I was sufficiently educated about about the number of embryos that should be transferred. Since I have a limited number, transferring them one at a time will give me a better chance of success...is kind and patient. She takes as much time as you need to answer all of your question. She is easy to talk to and she is empathetic. She is also very intelligent and explains everything in detail.
I love the nursing staff at CCRM. Andrea has supported me on my journey both pre and post cancer. She answers all of my questions and never seems frustrated when I have more. Everyone on the care team at CCRM are outstanding! I felt so fortunate to be with such a strong, compassionate, and talent team all around...It cost about $15,000 for the egg retrieval, fertilization process, and genetic testing. That also included all appointments, ultrasounds, blood draws, and the actual retrieval procedure. That did not include medication.
2 Egg Freezing (cancer), 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I went to see Dr. Batcheller right after I was diagnosed with cancer. She and everyone at the clinic, got me in urgently, helped me understand my options, moved quickly and treated me with compassion. I tried to get two retrievals in, but my cancer grew too quickly so I had to cancel the second one. Dr. Batcheller gives all of the pertinent information and allows the patient to make the decisions that are best for them. I could not recommend her and her clinic more highly. While she was on maternity leave, I also saw Dr. Salem at the same clinic, and he was amazing too! I highly highly recommend this clinic and these doctors!
Choose Dr. Batcheller and CCRM for your fertility needs.
Dr. Batcheller is kind and patient. She takes as much time as you need to answer all of your question. She is easy to talk to and she is empathetic. She is also very intelligent and explains everything in detail.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Everyone communicates well. If a person can't help you, they find someone who can. I was also going through cancer at the time and the clinic was SO great about finding me resources for support. They also gave my a discount because I was going through cancer, which helped both financially as well as emotionally. I cannot recommend this clinic more highly!

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
when I first starting seeing Dr. Batcheller she made my husband and I feel very comfortable in her presence. She was understanding of everything we have been through and listened when we told her the challenges we had been fighting. She was very flexible with our initial decision to try one more IUI cycle before moving on to IVF. She explained how everything worked and what we should consider. She made me feel really comfortable with her overall approach...has slowly gotten much busier over the last 3 years. It is definitely more challenging now to get in touch with her directly than it was back in 2016. She still performs all of her own procedures but often the diagnostic testing is now done by nurses or the other physician on staff. I
The nursing staff [at CCRM Minneapolis] has changed a lot over the years. I have a new primary nurse who is fantastic but there has been a lot of confusion when other nurses try to fill in...The nurses created protocols and called in prescriptions from the protocol that I never ended up needing in my cycles because they changed the protocol later. The nurses are responsible for selecting the protocol to use and selected one based on what they use for most patients without reviewing my own history and seeing that that protocol would not work for me...Frozen transfer cost approximately $5,000 plus medications, IVF cycle with fresh transfer cost $12,000 plus medications
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller has slowly gotten much busier over the last 3 years. It is definitely more challenging now to get in touch with her directly than it was back in 2016. She still performs all of her own procedures but often the diagnostic testing is now done by nurses or the other physician on staff. I also often wonder why the nursing staff has as much control over patient calendars. The nursing staff says that they review all calendars with Dr. Batcheller on a weekly basis but if that is true I question some of the decisions that have been made on some of my calendars and would expect Dr. Batcheller to know based on previous cycles what works and what does not work for me.
Be very clear what type of communication you expect from her so that she can meet your expectations or so that you know what you can expect from her.
1 IVF cycle with 4 successful embryos and a fresh transfer leading to a successful birth (September 2016) 1 frozen transfer cycle with a negative pregnancy test (January 2019) 1 frozen transfer cycle canceled due to illness (September 2019) 1 frozen transfer cycle pending (October 2019) All frozen transfers included lupron with two weeks of estrogen
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
The nursing staff has changed a lot over the years. I have a new primary nurse who is fantastic but there has been a lot of confusion when other nurses try to fill in. In my frozen transfer cycles I have been given a few different calendars that were contradictory to what had worked in previous cycles and in one case they completely forgot one piece of the protocol that was not identified until my nurse reviewed the calendar at my own request. In addition, twice the nurses have sent in the wrong medications for me to have filled. In both cases the medications were covered by insurance and so were not too expensive but I still filled medications that should my insurance not have covered would have been a huge waste of money.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Communication between nurses is a challenge but I love that they do really try to make a plan specific to each person. I do not like that they refuse to allow you to purchase generic versions of medications which is a significant cost to patients. Overall the clinic has given me one amazing child and I am grateful, however, I do feel concerned that their growth is impacting their ability to provide the excellent customer service I saw three years ago.
No concerns, we wanted to transfer only one embryo
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses created protocols and called in prescriptions from the protocol that I never ended up needing in my cycles because they changed the protocol later. The nurses are responsible for selecting the protocol to use and selected one based on what they use for most patients without reviewing my own history and seeing that that protocol would not work for me. I noticed immediately when I saw the protocol and asked if they should switch it which then they did.
Edina

He spoke to us at a human level. Answered all of my questions. Was kind and understanding. Warm. Friendly. For the first time, I felt heard and validated about my concerns. ... Dr Salem discussed the risks and options we had and let us choose which path we wanted to take. He was sympathetic and kind during this stage ... He reassured us that we can work around this risk factor but also explained the challenges.
It’s a very warm and inviting office [CCRM Minneapolis]. The reception desk recognized me after my second visit. ... I am not great with giving blood and the nurses were exceptional. They took extra care to ease my anxiety and distracted me when needed. I cannot day enough good things about them so far! ... Everyone was warm and kind. It felt like we were the most important even thought there were obviously many other patients. We never felt rushed and always received communication in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
We have only completed our initial work up and are starting down the path of IVF with the genetic testing, after finding out we are both carriers of CF. This came as a shock to both my husband and I, but Dr Salem discussed the risks and options we had and let us choose which path we wanted to take. He was sympathetic and kind during this stage, especially as I found this out on the anniversary of a dear friend passing of CF. He reassured us that we can work around this risk factor but also explained the challenges.
Trust him. I am so thankful we found Dr Salem and CCRM
Since our first meeting with Dr Salem and the team at CCRM MN, I have felt at ease. It was a breath of fresh air after the two doctors I had seen through my general medical care while TTC. I had always had in the back of my mind that I could face infertility due to family history so after 6 months of TTC, I started down the path of trying to get answers. The first 2 I saw, I felt like my questions and concerns were diminished/ignored because we hadn’t been trying for a year yet. Turns out, had the first dr listened to me and was attentive to my bloodwork results, we would’ve know 9 months earlier that I had a DOR. Dr Salem noticed this in our consult from looking at our previous testing. He spoke to us at a human level. Answered all of my questions. Was kind and understanding. Warm. Friendly. For the first time, I felt heard and validated about my concerns.
We are just starting with creating the probe for our genetic mutation so we have not begun our IVF cycle yet. We have to wait until the probe is ready.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
It’s a very warm and inviting office. The reception desk recognized me after my second visit. Dr Salem came out to get us in the waiting room instead of a nurse showing us back. I am not great with giving blood and the nurses were exceptional. They took extra care to ease my anxiety and distracted me when needed. I cannot day enough good things about them so far!
We have not reached this stage of our plan yet

IUI, 2 IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Batcheller always made us feel like we were making progress, even when things didn’t go our way. ... Dr. Batcheller provided customized treatment plans and was never afraid to try something new. ... She was always up on the latest research and was very forthcoming with us when things she recommended were experimental vs. proven. She is compassionate, yet still candid, which I appreciate.
As mentioned above, there were quite a few admin errors during my cycles. More recently, we have been trying to move our embryos to a new clinic and due to multiple delays from CCRM, we are JUST about to finish the process, nine weeks later. The lack of urgency on their end has caused my latest transfer to be pushed back an entire month, which is a big deal due to insurance timing.
IUI, 2 IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller always made us feel like we were making progress, even when things didn’t go our way. She was always up on the latest research and was very forthcoming with us when things she recommended were experimental vs. proven. She is compassionate, yet still candid, which I appreciate.
Be your own advocate and ask for tests you want right away vs. waiting until you have a failed transfer.
Dr. Batchelor always made us feel very human. The process outside of our conversations with her made us feel very much like one of the many.
I don’t have the details.
I’m not sure if I ever even met my nurse in person. She was assigned to me after my previous nurse left the clinic. She was very nice and answered all of my questions in a timely manner but there were multiple occasions during which I had to remind her of my treatment plan after she incorrectly scheduled me based on standard procedure vs. the customizations that were supposed to be made for me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths: Dr. Batcheller provided customized treatment plans and was never afraid to try something new. She was always available (with an appointment) and personally performed every one of my retrievals/transfers (until her mat leave). Weaknesses: Admin. They are extremely unorganized which is even more frustrating when you are hopped up on hormones. Also, the clinic/Dr. B never mentioned that she was pregnant until she was on bed rest, which I thought was poor form not because of the sensitive nature but more because of the impact to her patients‘ treatment plans.
$14k for Stim/Retrieval (~$10k for meds) $4k for Transfer ($5k for meds)
She had a strong recommendation for a SET given our “unexplained” diagnosis and the risks that come along with a multiple pregnancy.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Batcheller, when I saw her which was not often, was kind and patient. She fully explained the procedure and risks and answered all of my questions. My interactions with her have always been pleasant...I was not able to talk to Dr. Batcheller directly at all over the phone and when I asked for an email address to send her an email, I was given a non-functioning email address. When I tried, via the portal, to obtain a working email, I received no response.
$3500 for transfer [at CCRM Minneapolis] plus the cost of medications...This clinic is NOT RESPONSIVE. As someone who is dealing with a highly sensitive and highly precise science, this is a terrible characteristic for the clinic. I was unable to talk to my doctor (Dr. Batcheller). I had no email, no phone number or any other way to communicate with her. I found the clinic to be incompetent and unprofessional... I am not being provided with information or responses to questions. There is no clarity on the process. The medications were not sent to the pharmacy and it generally feels like they are overworked, understaffed, or simply do not care about providing me with adequate service. Doctor Nps
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
More time with each patient and more availability for patients. I was not able to talk to Dr. Batcheller directly at all over the phone and when I asked for an email address to send her an email, I was given a non-functioning email address. When I tried, via the portal, to obtain a working email, I received no response.
My most recent experience with Dr. Batcheller is concerning. I am not being provided with information or responses to questions. There is no clarity on the process. The medications were not sent to the pharmacy and it generally feels like they are overworked, understaffed, or simply do not care about providing me with adequate service.
The nurses were unresponsive, uninformed and did not assist in ordering my medications for transfer. Quite frankly, I am not sure what the nursing staff does but every time I tried to talk to them or to reach Dr. Batcheller I was met with resistance. In fact, they gave me a general email address to email Dr. Batcheller with my concerns and the email link was bad. When I requested a new email link, they ignored me.
$3500 for transfer plus the cost of medications
Dr. Batcheller prefers a single embryo transfer for good candidates due to the likelihood of twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic did not order my medications. When I called to inquire as to the status of medications, they assured me that they would obtain quotes from two pharmacies and that the pharmacies would call me to provide me with the quote and so that I could order the medications. That did not happen. When I followed up with the clinic, they only contacted one pharmacy and that I would need to contact any additional pharmacies with my medication inventory list (which I did not have and was not provided to me) to obtain any quotes. When I contacted the one pharmacy that they did call, that pharmacy did not have any of my contact information and would not have been able to follow-up with me to actually order the medication. None of this communication was provided by CCRM - I was the one calling on a daily (and sometimes more frequent) basis to understand what was going on. This was about a week before I was supposed to start my medications for transfer.
Edina

Dr. Salem has been very compassionate and great at communicating. He is the only doctor on staff right now while the other is out on maternity leave but he still took the time to call with updates and give us next steps. Everyone at the clinic has been wonderful and caring and patient with all the questions we’ve had throughout the process...really makes you feel like he wants to help, you’re not just a number...Due to my husbands abnormal sperm sample and the fact that we had tried other approaches prior to going to CCRM, Dr. Salem thought our most efficient and best option would be IVF since my tests showed normal results. We are currently in the transfer prepping phase of the cycle.
Due to my husbands abnormal sperm sample and the fact that we had tried other approaches prior to going to CCRM, Dr. Salem thought our most efficient and best option would be IVF since my tests showed normal results...The clinic and staff are always great. The appointment times are accurate, you’re never left waiting for too long, unlike a lot of doctor’s offices. Everyone there is always willing to answer questions to find the answers for you quickly. They never make you feel like an inconvenience. The only weakness I would say is Dr. Salem is flying solo right now which makes the schedule fill up very fast. I’m sure that will change when the other doctor returns.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask as many questions as you want. He’s extreme patient and kind and really makes you feel like he wants to help, you’re not just a number.
He has been absolutely wonderful. He gives us the facts but in a way that is caring and assured that we’re going to get through it in a positive way. He’s very optimistic and we trust him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Angie )
Every nurse I have worked with at the clinic has been nothing short of awesome. Any questions that have come up have been answered quickly and thoroughly. Everyone is extremely patient and caring. Even though going through this type of treatment is something no one wants, they have made it so much less painful to have to go into the doctor so many times for checks.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
So far the costs have been surprisingly minimal through our insurance. I do wish we could have gotten a better estimate up front on what the cost of the entire cycle was going to be including medications.
My doctor does the single embryo approach. When I asked about doing multiples to possibly have a better shot, he explained the benefits for the mother and child if only one is transferred and that made me feel better about the approach and care for myself after getting pregnant.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Batcheller] explained step by step what was going to happen when she was doing procedures or if we needed to change treatment course (which happened multiple times). I do wish I would have had more face time with her vs. the nurses but if I ever needed to get a hold of her for questions - she was available...We attempted 3 times for a transfer but due to having a thin lining we had to cancel 2 times (was successful on the 3rd). After the first transfer attempted was cancelled, I was worried and unsure about the future and if we would be able to transfer. She calmed my worries and looked at my medicine and changed course accordingly, always trying to find the right mix of medication.
Everyone who works here [CCRM Minneapolis] are experts and you can tell by the care you received. The Nurses at this location really made my experience amazing and one of the huge reasons I will continue to go back to them! They were considerate, answered my questions, and when I was having a bad/good day or appointment, they were there for me to celebrate in the happiness or pick me up if needed it. I had great experience with communication (via the portal and phone call).
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller was always pleasant when I met with her. She explained step by step what was going to happen when she was doing procedures or if we needed to change treatment course (which happened multiple times). I do wish I would have had more face time with her vs. the nurses but if I ever needed to get a hold of her for questions - she was available. I loved her and will continue to go back to her for all my fertility treatments!
Ask lots of questions and tell her how you would like to communicate. I preferred a more direct approach and she respected that.
Dr. Batcheller and her team were always willing to answer questions or sit with me longer to answer questions or concerns I had. They knew my name when I would come into the clinic - which made me feel like they were invested in me and I wasn't just another "patient"
Egg Retrieval: Normal protocol using Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotride. We STIM'd for 10 days and retrieved 24 eggs on the 11th day. Embryo Transfer: We attempted 3 times for a transfer but due to having a thin lining we had to cancel 2 times (was successful on the 3rd). After the first transfer attempted was cancelled, I was worried and unsure about the future and if we would be able to transfer. She calmed my worries and looked at my medicine and changed course accordingly, always trying to find the right mix of medication. I was so discouraged when we cancelled but she was always positive and assured me that sometimes when bodies have a hard time getting a thicker lining they just have to change the medicine protocol. I have been on Estrogren (oral and patches), Vaginal Viagra, Progesterone, Baby Aspirin, Endometrin, etc.
I LOVED the nurses at CCRM-Minneapolis! They responded quickly to me, were always checking in, and happy to see me even! They made the experience at CCRM so enjoyable!
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The knowledge and lab facilities are amazing! Everyone who works here are experts and you can tell by the care you received. The Nurses at this location really made my experience amazing and one of the huge reasons I will continue to go back to them! They were considerate, answered my questions, and when I was having a bad/good day or appointment, they were there for me to celebrate in the happiness or pick me up if needed it. I had great experience with communication (via the portal and phone call).
Medicine (Egg Retrieval + 3 Transfers attempts + 1 successful Transfer) = $15,000+ Care: Unsure - at least $7,500. My insurance coveres a specific amount (which has now been used up). Our costs will be different when we do this another time.
I trusted Dr. Batcheller's approach to transferring just the 1 embryo.We only had 2 good embryo's and we did discuss transferring both but she wanted to make sure that we had the best chances for success - which meant transferring only the 1, which was successful.
Edina

I have PCOS and my husband has a normal sperm count/motility so we are good candidates for IUI. With the success rate of IUI (about 20%) the plan [with Dr. Wael Salem] is to do 3 rounds of IUI and if not successful moving on to IVF...takes the time to be prepared for our appointments and spent time to understand our goals before we developed a treatment plan. While we have not had a complete cycle due to setbacks, he has adjusted our plan to ensure that we are setting ourselves up for the best results.
Ensure that you are very clear on the type of appointment that you are trying to make [with CCRM Minneapolis]. Some appointments have to be scheduled before certain times, Sperm Preservation for example, this will help avoid confusion and get you the appointment that you need...They [staff] respond with thoughtful responses to questions and concerns. Additionally when we have had setbacks they have explained the reasoning and our next steps clearly and with compassion.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Salem takes the time to be prepared for our appointments and spent time to understand our goals before we developed a treatment plan. While we have not had a complete cycle due to setbacks, he has adjusted our plan to ensure that we are setting ourselves up for the best results.
Bring all of the questions that you can to understand the process, He was able to break down our plan using our results. It was helpful for me to have my questions written down so that I was sure I got all of the answers that I needed to feel good moving forward with our plan.
Dr. Salem and our Nurse are awesome. They respond with thoughtful responses to questions and concerns. Additionally when we have had setbacks they have explained the reasoning and our next steps clearly and with compassion.
I have PCOS and my husband has a normal sperm count/motility so we are good candidates for IUI. With the success rate of IUI (about 20%) the plan is to do 3 rounds of IUI and if not successful moving on to IVF. We were ready to start an IUI procedure using letrozole to trigger ovulation, sadly the lab found that one of my ovaries had an active cyst which would interfere with the treatment plan. So we did a 3 week cycle of birth control pills to quiet it down. We are currently waiting to see if that did the trick to move to doing a full cycle.
Our nurse is awesome! She takes the time to make sure we understand the whole plan and answers any questions that we have.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Ensure that you are very clear on the type of appointment that you are trying to make. Some appointments have to be scheduled before certain times, Sperm Preservation for example, this will help avoid confusion and get you the appointment that you need.
$383 was the cost for a sperm analysis and cryopreservation $253 is about what a monitoring appointment costs (day 2/3 appointment)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
We had once instance where the lab didn't draw enough blood for all of the needed tests. They called us later in the day and we were able to get back in to get the needed tests done. It is also very helpful to ask a few follow-up questions to ensure you are getting the correct appointment. To have some sperm on hand (just in case) we wanted to do a sperm banking appointment and originally were able to make an appointment late in the day, only to learn, through follow up questioning, that those appointments have to happen before 1:30pm (which was earlier than our appointment).
Edina

The first time I met Dr. Salem, he provided us with clear timelines and what things would look like. He was very thorough and has a personality that helps to make people feel comfortable. I have twins that were done previously through IVF at a clinic that is no longer open and he was diligent in getting all of that information to help inform him on my care... He is very open and honest about what to expect and outcomes...he prescribed me with thyroid medication to be sure that I had optimal levels. Then I went on birth control for 3 weeks before beginning my stimulation meds. I am on the last day of my stimulation meds now. I take 2 vials of menopur in the morning with my thyroid medication. At night I take Follistim and Dex. On day 5 I also began taking Gonirelix in the morning with the Menopur. I have had daily ultra sounds and blood work for the last 5 days. I will likely trigger tonight.
Cost of medication was about $7,000 [at CCRM Minneapolis] Cost of everything else was about $20,000 We did IVF with CCS testing. They also had sperm thaw...Strengths: The clinic is clean and easy to get to Staff is friendly and knowledgeable Was able to get financing with help of the clinic Came in on Easter Sunday and the nurses were still in good spirits Weakness: I haven't found one yet. (maybe cost, but that is not necessarily something unique to this clinic)
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is very open and honest about what to expect and outcomes.
Dr. Salem was amazing at telling you the truth, but using language that I could understand. He was pleasant and had a positive outlook without promising success.
The first thing that I did at CCRM was to get a full workup. They took blood and did ultrasounds to be sure that I was in good health. It was at this time that he prescribed me with thyroid medication to be sure that I had optimal levels. Then I went on birth control for 3 weeks before beginning my stimulation meds. I am on the last day of my stimulation meds now. I take 2 vials of menopur in the morning with my thyroid medication. At night I take Follistim and Dex. On day 5 I also began taking Gonirelix in the morning with the Menopur. I have had daily ultra sounds and blood work for the last 5 days. I will likely trigger tonight.
The nursing staff at CCRM is outstanding. They are empathetic and understand that your time is valuable. I am a teacher, so leaving during the morning to go to appointments is difficult. They made every effort to make the appointments quick, without feeling like I was being pushed out. I had to call one time after hours to ask a question about my medication. The nurse responded to my message within 5 minutes and was so kind in her response.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Cost of medication was about $7,000 Cost of everything else was about $20,000 We did IVF with CCS testing. They also had sperm thaw.
Dr. Salem prefers single embryo transfer as he believes that with added testing the results are likely going to be positive.
Edina

Dr. Batcheller took the time to review my history and my failed transfers from my previous clinic before meeting with us. She also prepared her opinion of our case and give us options to what she believes will help us to be successful with the up coming IVF cycle. She listen for our opinion and very open....Dr. Batcheller also very details in her explanations. Love her energetic approach and how knowledgeable she is.
Can not describe the clinic strength as I just started with them [CCRM Minneapolis]. The clinic weakness is that they don't really get new patients in as fast as possible. For example, I had my consultation and was supposed to schedule a hysteroscopy within 3-12 days in my cycle. They say no opening and will call me. Call me the very last minute and it's already past 12 days cycle, so now I have to wait for a new cycle to get the test done. The clinic need to regulate timing of the patient carefully and schedule them properly.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
As a patient I feel like Dr. Batcheller did really took the time and effort to review my history and go over our treatment plan. Dr. Batcheller also very details in her explanations. Love her energetic approach and how knowledgeable she is.
Don't loose HOPE until you see Dr. Batcheller.
Too early. We just finished our consultation, done labs and ultrasound. Still need a hysteroscopy and regroup before we can start IVF treatments
Haven't start my cycle so can't really say much about the nurses there which I haven't really met them beside the ultrasound technician and the lab lady. They both seem very nice.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Can not describe the clinic strength as I just started with them. The clinic weakness is that they don't really get new patients in as fast as possible. For example, I had my consultation and was supposed to schedule a hysteroscopy within 3-12 days in my cycle. They say no opening and will call me. Call me the very last minute and it's already past 12 days cycle, so now I have to wait for a new cycle to get the test done. The clinic need to regulate timing of the patient carefully and schedule them properly. New patient would need to know every visit, you must prepaid before you can be seen or do treatment if you're out of pocket. This make my feel awkward and dislike clinic for this reason.
Consultation $205 Labs $1083 Ultrasound $397 Hysteroscopy $970 Regroup $224 IVF Pack $15104 Anesthesia $475 Annual Storage $408 PICSI $408 FET package $4208
No comments. Didn't get that far yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Nothing really wrong, I just feel like they need to change their billing approach for service to be billed after service and not the same day or before before treatments. Beside that, the nurse need to be scheduled us in appropriately in timely manner with our cycle test since these tests are time sensitive. Don't want to keep on delaying for just doing tests.
Edina

The doctor [Dr. April Batcheller] is great. She's kind, understanding, and works with you on a plan. Her availability isn't great, but that's the only downside, she's very very busy, and it takes 3 weeks to get seen even if you're already a patient...My IUIs were simple, honestly. 100mg of Clomid for 5 days, testing on day 10, after which it was decided how to proceed. Low dose of Ovidrel trigger, IUI 36 hours later. Still going through IVF, though, so can't say, but she put me on an antagonist protocol bc of suspected PCOS.
I did not like the mandatory "donor therapy" [at CCRM Minneapolis] that couldn't use any insurances, snd cost me $800 out of freaking pocket...the clinic seems against transferring mosaic aneuploid embryos...Biggest weakness is their weak schedule and the difficulty contacting anyone but a nurse for good information. Scheduling is weeks out and they don't make that clear before you're up to pay. Good is that they have stupid high success rates and the doctor is fabulous. They also take some insurances.
South Asian, Black or African-American
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
The doctor is great. She's kind, understanding, and works with you on a plan. Her availability isn't great, but that's the only downside, she's very very busy, and it takes 3 weeks to get seen even if you're already a patient.
Start early!
She's just a really sweet person, and understands how you feel. She's also very willing to work with you to have a plan you want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Melissa, then Dana)
Melissa was amazing, would love to work with her again. Dana has been a nightmare. She's snippy, insulting, and seems to be looking down on me and I don't really like working with her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
I had insurance, so they were modest, but I did not like the mandatory "donor therapy" that couldn't use any insurances, snd cost me $800 out of freaking pocket. All so the therapist could scare my donor and I on shit we already discussed.
My doctor is convinced I will have a highly successful egg retrieval based on my previous responses to lighter medication. Based on my lining, she suggested no more than 1 embryo transferred at a time unless I specifically wanted twins. Furthermore, the clinic seems against transferring mosaic aneuploid embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I was supposed to complete my blood work. I already had some of it done, but all the wrong blood work was ordered and it just didn't make any sense. Furthermore they kept losing my blood work from my GP I was supposed to be prescribed a med and I had to call after hours to get a prescription for it. Furthermore, they didn't tell me that the sperm count from the donor had been low after they unfroze it, wasting my first IUI, until literally the day before my second IUI. The doctor was out on leave so I don't blame her, but it was a damn mess.

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Batcheller always treated is like a human. ... She was blunt when we had to be and gentle when we needed it. ... We asked a lot of questions I don't think she was used to answering and could tell that she wished we had been less complicated. But it ultimately worked out and we trusted her. She did not offer embryo testing at the time of creation and I wish that she had.
But we often had trouble with the business office and sometimes with the nurses. We would ask a question and get a generic answer (or no answer) that didn't always fit with our situation. Like they never even opened my file before calling me back or responding. ... We recruited our own egg donor which is something I don't think they'd gone through very often which made our journey a little bumpy.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller made is feel comfortable and confident throughout the process. She was blunt when we had to be and gentle when we needed it. We recruited our own egg donor which is something I don't think they'd gone through very often which made our journey a little bumpy. We asked a lot of questions I don't think she was used to answering and could tell that she wished we had been less complicated. But it ultimately worked out and we trusted her. She did not offer embryo testing at the time of creation and I wish that she had.
Ask as many questions as you have. She'll answer them all. But doesn't necessarily bring things up if you don't ask. She brings up the things that are medically important. But maybe not extra things that might be important to crazy infertiles lIke us!
Dr. Batcheller always treated is like a human. But we often had trouble with the business office and sometimes with the nurses. We would ask a question and get a generic answer (or no answer) that didn't always fit with our situation. Like they never even opened my file before calling me back or responding.
My AMH was .05 and AFC around 4 when I first saw Dr B. She suggested we start with a medicated IUI. I did triple Menopur for 14 days and had 1-2 follicles. It was not successful. Given my poor response and low AMH/AFC she suggested we either do multiple rounds of IVF with high doses of stims and CCS testing bto hopefully get 1-2 normal embryos if we wanted to it my own eggs or move on to donor eggs. We opted for donor eggs. Knowing we wanted more than one child. The cost of using my own eggs would be too high.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
We had a lot of trouble with our first nurse. They were just getting the donor program started and things seemed a little unorganized. We just didn't click with our first nurse. She was not very compassionate and dropped the ball a few times (in our opinion). When they added a second nurse to the donor program, Gina, they switched is to her. It was a much better fit. She was very kind and compassionate. And took the time we needed. I did have to have a conversation with the nursing staff about remembering that we are coming in with trauma related to Infertility that requires some extra attention. We need a little more hand holding through this process sometimes. And that this is a big deal for us even if it's their every day work.
Our Dr strongly encouraged eSET and we agreed.
April Batcheller
Dr.Salem is very compassionate and made me feel like my husband and I having a baby was his biggest priority. He had a manner that was extremely friendly and explained everything in great detail.... Dr. Salem primary did phone consists with me as we were far from the clinic. He always explained things in a way I could understand and made me feel confident our cycle would be successful. He explained his experience and how it compared with our expected treatment plan and I never doubted his expertise. He was caring during painful procedures and his knowledge of infertility blew me away.
It’s difficult to get same day results from outside clinic faxed to CCRM. They also ordered wrong medication which had to be corrected.... Weaknesses: not feeling like you’re able to get through to a nurse or billing coordinator when you need. It seemed like there were always multiple people looking at my chart and they would jumble the info. Feels like they would quickly rush you through appts. Strengths: having Dr.Salem on staff
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem primary did phone consists with me as we were far from the clinic. He always explained things in a way I could understand and made me feel confident our cycle would be successful. He explained his experience and how it compared with our expected treatment plan and I never doubted his expertise. He was caring during painful procedures and his knowledge of infertility blew me away. When answering questions I had, he did so in a way that didn’t belittle my lack of knowledge and explained everything so wonderfully.
If you’re unable to get the answers you need from his nursing staff, ask to speak directly with him. He’s more than happy to set aside time to speak with you.
For our Egg Retreival process, I was on 150units of Gonal F for 10 days starting day 16 of my cycle. I also did 1 vial of menopur for those 10 days and 5 days of cetrotide starting day 21 of my cycle. For my trigger prior to retreival I did leuprolide and novarel. I was also placed on a medication to lower my estrogen levels 2 days prior to retreival.
I didn’t end up primarily working with Andrea. There would be different nurses providing results each time. I didn’t feel like I knew how each monitoring appt went unless I asked for specifics. They would just say if I was on track or not.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Ivf Egg retreival with Genetic testing and 1 frozen transfer is approximately $25000
Dr. Salem stated he prefers single embryo transfers
Edina

Strengths: Scheduling has always been so easy. Weaknesses: I was once handed a bill in person. It was our first large bill (a couple thousand dollars) and so I was shocked. I would have preferred that they [CCRM Minneapolis] mailed that bill to my home ... Margaret [nurse] and everyone else we worked with have been so friendly. Margaret does a great job of explaining options and clearly laying out our plan each cycle.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I’ve met Dr. Batcheller once or twice, but she’s always been super helpful and friendly. In our initial consult with her, we talked about our plan being 3 months of IUI and then evaluate from there. At that point, she was so optimistic for us that we never spoke of what would come next and that was comforting. Unfortunately IUI has not worked for ya yet. We’re trying a 4th round with some new meds and if that doesn’t work, we’ll have our regroup appointment next month. Honestly, we see more of the other staff and they’ve all been great.
Stop in and say hi during appointments every now and again if you’re available!
April was so optimistic for us that we were very excited to begin treatment. Everyone at her office has been incredible to work with.
IUI with Clomid (1pill x 5days), Ovidrel and Progesterone. Our second cycle, I ovulated on my own, so Ovidrel wasn’t needed. In our upcoming 4th round, we’re adding in 3 injections of Gonal-F. So far, no positive tests, but we’re optimistic about this round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret Sundheim)
Margaret and everyone else we worked with have been so friendly. Margaret does a great job of explaining options and clearly laying out our plan each cycle.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths: Scheduling has always been so easy. Weaknesses: I was once handed a bill in person. It was our first large bill (a couple thousand dollars) and so I was shocked. I would have preferred that they mailed that bill to my home so I could be shocked and cry on my own vs. in the parking ramp before I had to start my day.
Our insurance is taking a while to process things, so I know we’re not up to date. So far we’ve spent around $2000. I anticipate it will be more though.

13 Eggs Frozen
Everyone you deal with at this clinic [CCRM Minneapolis] is extremely nice and caring. The nursing staff was excellent...$8,754 for an egg freezing cycle + $475 for anesthesia. The clinic also offers to reduce the fee for a second cycle by 20% and 15% for each cycle after that... is on the cutting edge of fertility technology. The only negative is that they don't bill insurance for you, but they do fill out all the claim forms for you so that you can submit them on your own - it is worth it to get the best treatment!
13 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
I met with Dr. Salem after having a bad experience at another fertility clinic. He is incredibly kind and compassionate. He is also incredibly smart and up to date on the latest information about fertility treatments. He worked really hard to get me the maximum number of eggs for freezing and tailored my treatment plan specifically to my issues (I ended up getting nearly double the number of eggs that I got at the previous clinic!) I sent my sister to him also because I was so impressed with his services.
Go see him! He is a great doctor! If you are a woman who its hesitant to go see a male ob/gyn, don't let that stop you - get the best treatment possible from the best doctor.
Dr. Salem is incredibly kind and compassionate. He is easy to get ahold of and actually called to see how I was feeling during my egg retrieval cycle. He knows his patients by name.
My treatment protocol was "Luteal Oral-Clomid Protocol 5 - freeze all only." I did a round of egg freezing at a prior clinic and got 7 mature eggs. Dr. Salem's goal was to get me at least a few more the second round. To do that, he advised me to wait 3 months after stopping birth control pills to see if my AMH would increase (it did! went from .5 to 1.78). Based on that, Dr. Salem concluded that birth control pills had a very suppressive effect on my ovaries, so rather than start my cycle with down-regulation by taking birth control pills, I waited for my natural LH surge and then started priming my ovaries by taking estrogen (estrace 2 mg tab twice a day). On day 3 of my next cycle I stopped taking estrace and started taking the stim meds (2 vials of menopur in the morning, 300 units follistim in the evening + 2 tabs of clomid for 5 days + dexamethosone). On day 7 of the stim meds I added in ganirelix in the morning. Triggered after 11 days of stims with HCG and Lupron. I got 13 mature eggs this round - almost double what I got at the previous clinic. I feel that Dr. Salem is directly responsible for the improvement - he really looked into which treatment plan would work best for my circumstances. The other clinic planned to do their exact same protocol a second time (birth control pills for 2 weeks to down-regulate, then start with 1 vial of menopur in the morning + 225 units of follistim in the evening, add ganirelix and then trigger with just HCG). It didn't work well the first time and they had to increase the medication half way though - I believe that if I had done that protocol again, I wouldn't have gotten as many eggs. In addition, they made it seem as though that was the best they could do for me - that because of my low AMH I should just be happy with the number I got. It was very frustrating. Dr. Salem's approach was much more tailored to me and really addressed the concerns I had at the first clinic. He is optimistic and tries to do the best for all of his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Christie)
Everyone you deal with at this clinic is extremely nice and caring. The nursing staff was excellent. Christie, my nurse, was very nice and easy to get ahold of. She actually gives patients her extension number so that when you call, she actually answers! Which is a total contrast to the clinic I started at - you have to leave a voicemail and a random nurse would call back several hours later. Everyone at this clinic was nice and helpful. Even the phlebotomists were nice!
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
I think this is the best fertility clinic in MN. I would 100% recommend it to anyone. I switched to this clinic after doing one round of egg freezing at another clinic in the twin cities. It was a night & day difference! This clinic is truly the best and is on the cutting edge of fertility technology. The only negative is that they don't bill insurance for you, but they do fill out all the claim forms for you so that you can submit them on your own - it is worth it to get the best treatment!
Edina

We saw Dr. Batcheller at our initial consult and a scheduled (and paid for) follow-up. When we had our initial consult, there wasn’t another doctor at the practice. We had a delay before treatment and in that time another was hired. Dr. Batcheller was on vacation for the week of our retrieval. We weren’t notified or given a choice to delay and therefore our monitoring and ultimately retrieval was done by the other doctor (who is no longer at the clinic and was there a curiously short time). Both the monitoring and retrieval were poorly handled. I ovulated early, therefore retrieving only 3 of the 9-10 mature follicles I had. Dr. Batcheller called with the results of the PGS testing but otherwise I saw techs and was told I could call or email the nurses.
I was assigned one primary care coordinator [at CCRM- Minnesota] but it switched and then it wasn’t consistent anyway. They made careless errors such as asking which one of our embryos we wanted to transfer when we only had one and including subject lines in email such as “Infectious Diseases”. If I mentioned an error I was met with defensiveness... I requested my patient files be submitted to a primary care ObGyn clinic. I followed their procedure, filled out their form and I called to ensure that the request was received in a timely manner in order to be to my clinic in time for my upcoming appt. My clinic still has yet to receive my files.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
If you can get in-person or phone contact with Dr. Batcheller, she is knowledgeable, willing to discuss and answer questions, and provides a sense of understanding. She is kind and approachable. She emphathetically discussed our situation and offered counsel. She is great... when you can see her. For me, during our IVF process we didn’t see her enough and ultimately wonder if we would have had a different outcome if we had.
She is the only doc at her practice currently so you won’t have to confirm if she will be doing your retrieval. My recommendation would be to have Dr. Batcheller/the staff outline the access/contact you will have with Dr. Batcheller during the process you are completing and adjust as you see fit. Either request additional consults or schedule and pay for them.
To my understanding, she has protocols based on intial testing that she will recommend. I didn’t come in armed with knowledge about the many and varied protocols that are out there so I took her recommendation at face value. I responded well to treatment and follicle maturation looked great trending on the 9-10 we anticipated. At our follow-up after our failed transfer Dr. Batcheller confirmed that on examination the 3 eggs retrieved were likely the 3 least mature further indicating that I ovulated early and the retrieval missed the best quality eggs. So... it’s hard to say but considering we had 1 normal embryo from 3 lower quality eggs... I would trust Dr. Batcheller to select my protocol again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
I was assigned one primary care coordinator but it switched and then it wasn’t consistent anyway. They made careless errors such as asking which one of our embryos we wanted to transfer when we only had one and including subject lines in email such as “Infectious Diseases”. If I mentioned an error I was met with defensiveness.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Dr. Batcheller and the embryology lab are top notch from our experience and understanding. It’s a matter of navigating the processes and people that causes the discontent. It’s a tough choice in a tough time.
$25k+
She makes a suggestion, but will support a decision of 1 or 2 embryos transferred.

3 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
you very rarely speak to Dr. Batcheller. All of your correspondence is with the nurses and sometimes you get multiple opinions and information is lost in translation...is not open to using generic medications in her practice or other courses of treatment. She is so very busy that she does not have the time to review her patients records and this sometimes leads to botched transfer attempts.
If you do not have insurance a cycle is about $20K with meds [at CCRM Minneapolis]...My nurse forgot to order one of the trigger medications that’s was needed for my stim cycle. We found out about this tje day I was suppose to trigger. We ended up getting the medication at 10pm and administering it in the car so we met the deadline. Doctor Batcheller did not review my file and ignored my complicated cervix. My first transfer was canceled because she could not get into my uterus. She tried for over an hour because I’m her words “I’ve never met a uterus I couldn’t get in to.”
3 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller is very arrogant and it’s her way or the high way. Dr.Batcheller is not open to using generic medications in her practice or other courses of treatment. She is so very busy that she does not have the time to review her patients records and this sometimes leads to botched transfer attempts.
Skip CCRM Minneapolis and spend your money elsewhere.
At CCRM Minneapolis you very rarely speak to Dr. Batcheller. All of your correspondence is with the nurses and sometimes you get multiple opinions and information is lost in translation.
I was on protocol five with human growth hormone for my retrieval cycle. We ended up with 3 embryos. She did not include birth control in any of my cycles due to my past history of blood clots while on birth control
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Only good nurses at the clinic are Andrea and Margaret.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Do not go to CCRM Minneapolis. Save your money and go elsewhere. You will just be a number at this clinic. If you ask questions regarding your care you will be treated like crap by the nursing staff. There is nothing good about CCRM. You deserve better, go somewhere else
I have insurance. If you do not have insurance a cycle is about $20K with meds
Edina

I highly recommend Dr Batcheller. She has a great bed side manner, explains everything in a straight forward way that is easily understood. I felt confident that we were at the right place and getting the best treatment available....We went with my natural cycle for IVF instead of picking a date on the calendar that fit the schedule (like the other clinic I went to was going to do). She said I was an excellent candidate for IVF, and had a successful cycle with the medication and protocol she used.
CCRM-Minneapolis is great and I would highly recommend to anyone. Everyone is friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. Front desk staff, lab techs, nurses, embryologist, doctors all were very nice and supportive. I started at another clinic and this place was excellent and a night and day difference compared to the first clinic... Every nurse at this clinic was wonderful! They answered any emails, quick questions I had in a very timely matter, and always answered my question. All the nurses were great calling and relaying information over the phone and asking if you needed anything else before hanging up. If I needed a refill on medication, I used the patient portal and it was done in a very timely fashion.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
If you are struggling with infertility, CCRM-Minneapolis is the place to go in the Twin Cities metro area.
I started at another clinic and my insurance had my switch to CCRM. I'm so thankful for this! This clinic was a night and day difference to the previous clinic I started at.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
We have always put in 1 embryo. I was able to freeze 5 embryos.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
It was evident from the second we walked into her [Dr. April Batcheller's] office that she knew what we had done before and she had a plan of what we needed to do next. She answered every single question that we had. We were excited to finally have found a doctor that listened and knew what we were wanting out of the process. She was prepared to speak specifically on our issues and didn’t push pricing.
Lauren [nurse at CCRM] is a rockstar! She always calls the day they get any results back. She also takes extensive time out of her day to go over things with me, sometimes repeatedly to make us feel at ease throughout the process. She is very positive without promising any result at a given time... One thing a new patient should know is that you have to pay for everything up front and CCRM does not submit anything to your insurance company, you need to submit your own claim form after you pay for it. That being said, if you’re going to use a loan, you can use your insurance reimbursement to pay off the loan. The other thing I would say is that sometimes the front desk staff doesn’t seem to understand the toming/urgency aspect of scheduling.
Latino, Native American, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She’s very well versed in different options. She is also thoroughly prepared to speak on your specific issues even before you even meet her, just based on your records. She presents options and plans, strategizes with you on timing and always makes you feel comfortable speaking to her throughout the process.
Have your questions ready because she will be ready to answer all of them
Before seeing Dr Batcheller we met with other RE for IVF consults. I saw another doctor at another clinic in Minneapolis. The other doctor clearly didn’t know anything about our history and was primary concerned with giving us pricing. Dr Batcheller was the exact opposite. It was evident from the second we walked into her office that she knew what we had done before and she had a plan of what we needed to do next. She answered every single question that we had. We were excited to finally have found a doctor that listened and knew what we were wanting out of the process. She was prepared to speak specifically on our issues and didn’t push pricing.
Dr. Batcheller was the first doctor to find my uterine polyps. Based on our previous meetings with other doctors for ivf consults we asked Dr. Batcheller if she would put me on birth control, which was suggested by other drs to boost egg production and she said no, because of my low AMH, it wouldn’t be helpful. I throughly enjoy that she doesn’t treat us as if we are just another couple with the same issue as everyone else. Our plan is unique to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
Lauren is a rockstar! She always calls the day they get any results back. She also takes extensive time out of her day to go over things with me, sometimes repeatedly to make us feel at ease throughout the process. She is very positive without promising any result at a given time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
I love CCRM more than anywhere else that we looked/met with. One thing a new patient should know is that you have to pay for everything up front and CCRM does not submit anything to your insurance company, you need to submit your own claim form after you pay for it. That being said, if you’re going to use a loan, you can use your insurance reimbursement to pay off the loan. The other thing I would say is that sometimes the front desk staff doesn’t seem to understand the toming/urgency aspect of scheduling.
The costs seem normal compared to other ivf locations in MN
Dr. Batcheller is not opposed to multiple embryo transfers but did suggest not transferring more than 2. She thoroughly explained why this is safer for me and the embryos as the risk of multiples increases.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
The front desk staff told me they could email me my insurance claim forms so I could submit them ASAP. After speaking with the business office, they said that emailing the claim forms is not possible and they are mailed

Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Batcheller] has nothing but compassion for her job...showed sympathy during the hard time and excitement during the good time...She pointed us in the right direction to see a specialist to receive more information on my blood clotting disorder and helped us come with a plan moving forward...She wanted to sit down and talk with my husband and met multiple times to see how things were going and even after our loss.
All of the nurses at CCRM [Minneapolis] are amazing they always have smiles on their faces. All very friendly, and more than happy to help...They all work very well together and you can tell they all get along well. I strongly believe any work place runs smoothly if you have that combination. I have never noticed any weaknesses within this clinic. Even the front desk staff is well organized and know who you are right when you walk in and they have a smile on their faces.
Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller sits down with each patient and really gets to know them. She meticulously plans out every aspect of your treatments, what you are going to need for meds when, do on. If you have questions she will answer them and explain to you in terms you will understand. She cares about your well being during the whole process.
Dr Batcheller showed sympathy during the hard time and excitement during the good time. She wanted to sit down and talk with my husband and met multiple times to see how things were going and even after our loss. She pointed us in the right direction to see a specialist to receive more information on my blood clotting disorder and helped us come with a plan moving forward. She has nothing but compassion for her job.
I had to start with egg retrieval. I had to start taking Doxycycline for 10days. Cycle day 10 start an ovulation kit testing. 10days after surge I started my Vivelle 0.1mg patches switching them every other day. The next day I started taking Cetrotide 0.25mg for 3 days. I continued with the Vivelle patches for that week and wore the last patch for 7 days or until it fell off. 3 days after I started with my Stim meds, 2 vials of Menopur in the morning and 300 units of Gonal-F and Dexamethasone in the evening for 10days. After 6 days of starting Stim meds I started taking Cetrotide again. 2 nights before the retrieval I had to start my trigger meds, Pregnl and then again 12 hours after the first does then I had retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
All of the nurses at CCRM are amazing they always have smiles on their faces. All very friendly, and more than happy to help.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Everyone’s IVF story is different therefore everyone’s cost will be different. But I strongly believe that the cost was comparable to other clinics.
Edina

Dr. Batcheller is such a blessing. She is intelligent, warm, and honest, a combination that is so hard to find. Dr. Batcheller has always given us the impression that she is fully invested in seeing us succeed in this process and doesn't shy away from trying new things or tweaking things as needed.... I did androgen and estrogen priming followed by an antagonist protocol (ganirelix + 300IU Follistim + 150IU Menopur) and simultaneous Clomid (100mg), Saizen (8.8mg total), and dexamethasone (0.5mg). Trigger was Lupron + Novarel (5,000IU). This protocol was chosen due to my history of being a poor responder to IVF medications, and having poor quality eggs.
This [CCRM-MN] is a small clinic with only one provider. The 'feel' of the clinic is calm and quiet. Given the size of the clinic you typically see a number of familiar faces each time you go in which is comforting. The front desk staff has always been kind and helpful. Costs are high for most things but clearly outlined ahead of time.... At the end of the day after diagnostic assessment and egg retrieval (+ CCS testing) including medications the cost was approximately $25,000.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller is such a blessing. She is intelligent, warm, and honest, a combination that is so hard to find. Dr. Batcheller has always given us the impression that she is fully invested in seeing us succeed in this process and doesn't shy away from trying new things or tweaking things as needed. I have worked with another RE in the past and while the outcomes of my cycles have been similar the experience of working with Dr. Batcheller far exceeded my previous experience. Can't recommend her highly enough!
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Batcheller is warm, engaged, and happy to answer every (possibly crazy) question you might have. She has truly made me feel seen and validated during this process.
To date I have done one egg retrieval with Dr. Batcheller. I did androgen and estrogen priming followed by an antagonist protocol (ganirelix + 300IU Follistim + 150IU Menopur) and simultaneous Clomid (100mg), Saizen (8.8mg total), and dexamethasone (0.5mg). Trigger was Lupron + Novarel (5,000IU). This protocol was chosen due to my history of being a poor responder to IVF medications, and having poor quality eggs.
My nurse was very kind and responsive to communications. There were a few mix-ups with medication orders but those were fairly minor and quickly corrected.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
This is a small clinic with only one provider. The 'feel' of the clinic is calm and quiet. Given the size of the clinic you typically see a number of familiar faces each time you go in which is comforting. The front desk staff has always been kind and helpful. Costs are high for most things but clearly outlined ahead of time.
Prefers eSET for CCS tested embryos but open to multiple embryo transfer in my case. Can't comment on her approach when genetic testing is not used.