6.8

Edina, MN 55435
Fargo
3000 32nd Ave. S
Fargo, ND 58103

Dr. Batcheller has a record of success, and we are hopeful this round will be successful. She is always friendly and appears knowledgeable. Our last RE indicated, after one failed round of IVF, that our chances of a successful round of IVF would be low. April reviewed our records from that round and made significant adjustments to our protocol.... We had to persist to convince Dr. Batcheller to test us for infertility issues. She recommended we try for a year, though after persisting, testing showed severe male factor infertility that requires IVF.
This clinic [CCRM Minneapolis] clearly has advanced technology and is affiliated with the CCRM headquarters. They don't yet have published outcome data, so it's unclear to me whether their outcomes will mirror those of the Denver site. One major weakness we've experienced is lack of organized and general difficulty scheduling appointments. At the start of our treatment with this clinic, we had difficulty scheduling appointments and received mixed messages
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be persistent. We had to persist to convince Dr. Batcheller to test us for infertility issues. She recommended we try for a year, though after persisting, testing showed severe male factor infertility that requires IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
This is our second round of treatment. We previously worked with a different clinic. We feel more like a number at this clinic. We also feel our concerns were not taken seriously until we started injections. It feels as though there are more patients than can be adequately managed and that we weren't a priority until injections started.
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
We are coming to April's clinic with a history of one failed round of IVF. She's recommended a number of changes, and we're happy with her ability to adjust course from our last failed round. Priming: Estrogen and progesterone Stimming: Menopur, steroid, human growth hormone; cetrotide; lupron and novarel We'll be doing a frozen transfer after all embryos are genetically tested.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The phlebotomists are fantastic - caring, understanding, and great at drawing blood effectively the first time. We've struggled a bit with the nursing staff. We've received mixed messages and have noticed errors in our IVF calendar. At one point, test results were not shared with us which resulted in unexpected testing recommendations.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
This clinic clearly has advanced technology and is affiliated with the CCRM headquarters. They don't yet have published outcome data, so it's unclear to me whether their outcomes will mirror those of the Denver site. One major weakness we've experienced is lack of organized and general difficulty scheduling appointments. At the start of our treatment with this clinic, we had difficulty scheduling appointments and received mixed messages (or inaccurate messages) from nurses. It seems as though the clinic has more patients than they can realistically manage.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
We haven't completed the process yet. We are 100% out-of-pocket for clinic services.
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
April recommends one embryo transfers due to my age and the high risk of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Test results weren't shared with us in a timely manner and were then referenced in passing at a follow-up appointment. This particular test required follow-up on my end. I wasn't aware of this, as the results weren't shared with me. I struggled to get testing appointments scheduled because April's schedule was consistently booked. I brought this to the attention of nurses and scheduling staff on three occasions. It wasn't until my husband contacted the nurses that our concerns were addressed. A test was ordered for my husband. As he arrived to complete the test, clinic staff suggested he didn't meet criteria for the test and gave him the option to not continue. We then later learned he did, in fact, meet criteria.
Edina

Dr. Batcheller took the time to review my history and my failed transfers from my previous clinic before meeting with us. She also prepared her opinion of our case and give us options to what she believes will help us to be successful with the up coming IVF cycle. She listen for our opinion and very open....Dr. Batcheller also very details in her explanations. Love her energetic approach and how knowledgeable she is.
Can not describe the clinic strength as I just started with them [CCRM Minneapolis]. The clinic weakness is that they don't really get new patients in as fast as possible. For example, I had my consultation and was supposed to schedule a hysteroscopy within 3-12 days in my cycle. They say no opening and will call me. Call me the very last minute and it's already past 12 days cycle, so now I have to wait for a new cycle to get the test done. The clinic need to regulate timing of the patient carefully and schedule them properly.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
As a patient I feel like Dr. Batcheller did really took the time and effort to review my history and go over our treatment plan. Dr. Batcheller also very details in her explanations. Love her energetic approach and how knowledgeable she is.
Don't loose HOPE until you see Dr. Batcheller.
Too early. We just finished our consultation, done labs and ultrasound. Still need a hysteroscopy and regroup before we can start IVF treatments
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Haven't start my cycle so can't really say much about the nurses there which I haven't really met them beside the ultrasound technician and the lab lady. They both seem very nice.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Can not describe the clinic strength as I just started with them. The clinic weakness is that they don't really get new patients in as fast as possible. For example, I had my consultation and was supposed to schedule a hysteroscopy within 3-12 days in my cycle. They say no opening and will call me. Call me the very last minute and it's already past 12 days cycle, so now I have to wait for a new cycle to get the test done. The clinic need to regulate timing of the patient carefully and schedule them properly. New patient would need to know every visit, you must prepaid before you can be seen or do treatment if you're out of pocket. This make my feel awkward and dislike clinic for this reason.
Consultation $205 Labs $1083 Ultrasound $397 Hysteroscopy $970 Regroup $224 IVF Pack $15104 Anesthesia $475 Annual Storage $408 PICSI $408 FET package $4208
No comments. Didn't get that far yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Nothing really wrong, I just feel like they need to change their billing approach for service to be billed after service and not the same day or before before treatments. Beside that, the nurse need to be scheduled us in appropriately in timely manner with our cycle test since these tests are time sensitive. Don't want to keep on delaying for just doing tests.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Batcheller, when I saw her which was not often, was kind and patient. She fully explained the procedure and risks and answered all of my questions. My interactions with her have always been pleasant...I was not able to talk to Dr. Batcheller directly at all over the phone and when I asked for an email address to send her an email, I was given a non-functioning email address. When I tried, via the portal, to obtain a working email, I received no response.
$3500 for transfer [at CCRM Minneapolis] plus the cost of medications...This clinic is NOT RESPONSIVE. As someone who is dealing with a highly sensitive and highly precise science, this is a terrible characteristic for the clinic. I was unable to talk to my doctor (Dr. Batcheller). I had no email, no phone number or any other way to communicate with her. I found the clinic to be incompetent and unprofessional... I am not being provided with information or responses to questions. There is no clarity on the process. The medications were not sent to the pharmacy and it generally feels like they are overworked, understaffed, or simply do not care about providing me with adequate service. Doctor Nps
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
More time with each patient and more availability for patients. I was not able to talk to Dr. Batcheller directly at all over the phone and when I asked for an email address to send her an email, I was given a non-functioning email address. When I tried, via the portal, to obtain a working email, I received no response.
My most recent experience with Dr. Batcheller is concerning. I am not being provided with information or responses to questions. There is no clarity on the process. The medications were not sent to the pharmacy and it generally feels like they are overworked, understaffed, or simply do not care about providing me with adequate service.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses were unresponsive, uninformed and did not assist in ordering my medications for transfer. Quite frankly, I am not sure what the nursing staff does but every time I tried to talk to them or to reach Dr. Batcheller I was met with resistance. In fact, they gave me a general email address to email Dr. Batcheller with my concerns and the email link was bad. When I requested a new email link, they ignored me.
$3500 for transfer plus the cost of medications
Dr. Batcheller prefers a single embryo transfer for good candidates due to the likelihood of twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic did not order my medications. When I called to inquire as to the status of medications, they assured me that they would obtain quotes from two pharmacies and that the pharmacies would call me to provide me with the quote and so that I could order the medications. That did not happen. When I followed up with the clinic, they only contacted one pharmacy and that I would need to contact any additional pharmacies with my medication inventory list (which I did not have and was not provided to me) to obtain any quotes. When I contacted the one pharmacy that they did call, that pharmacy did not have any of my contact information and would not have been able to follow-up with me to actually order the medication. None of this communication was provided by CCRM - I was the one calling on a daily (and sometimes more frequent) basis to understand what was going on. This was about a week before I was supposed to start my medications for transfer.
Edina

Dr. Batcheller always made us feel like we were making progress, even when things didn’t go our way. ... Dr. Batcheller provided customized treatment plans and was never afraid to try something new. ... She was always up on the latest research and was very forthcoming with us when things she recommended were experimental vs. proven. She is compassionate, yet still candid, which I appreciate.
As mentioned above, there were quite a few admin errors during my cycles. More recently, we have been trying to move our embryos to a new clinic and due to multiple delays from CCRM, we are JUST about to finish the process, nine weeks later. The lack of urgency on their end has caused my latest transfer to be pushed back an entire month, which is a big deal due to insurance timing.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller always made us feel like we were making progress, even when things didn’t go our way. She was always up on the latest research and was very forthcoming with us when things she recommended were experimental vs. proven. She is compassionate, yet still candid, which I appreciate.
Be your own advocate and ask for tests you want right away vs. waiting until you have a failed transfer.
Dr. Batchelor always made us feel very human. The process outside of our conversations with her made us feel very much like one of the many.
I don’t have the details.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
I’m not sure if I ever even met my nurse in person. She was assigned to me after my previous nurse left the clinic. She was very nice and answered all of my questions in a timely manner but there were multiple occasions during which I had to remind her of my treatment plan after she incorrectly scheduled me based on standard procedure vs. the customizations that were supposed to be made for me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths: Dr. Batcheller provided customized treatment plans and was never afraid to try something new. She was always available (with an appointment) and personally performed every one of my retrievals/transfers (until her mat leave). Weaknesses: Admin. They are extremely unorganized which is even more frustrating when you are hopped up on hormones. Also, the clinic/Dr. B never mentioned that she was pregnant until she was on bed rest, which I thought was poor form not because of the sensitive nature but more because of the impact to her patients‘ treatment plans.
$14k for Stim/Retrieval (~$10k for meds) $4k for Transfer ($5k for meds)
She had a strong recommendation for a SET given our “unexplained” diagnosis and the risks that come along with a multiple pregnancy.
Edina
The doctor [Dr. April Batcheller] is great. She's kind, understanding, and works with you on a plan. Her availability isn't great, but that's the only downside, she's very very busy, and it takes 3 weeks to get seen even if you're already a patient...My IUIs were simple, honestly. 100mg of Clomid for 5 days, testing on day 10, after which it was decided how to proceed. Low dose of Ovidrel trigger, IUI 36 hours later. Still going through IVF, though, so can't say, but she put me on an antagonist protocol bc of suspected PCOS.
I did not like the mandatory "donor therapy" [at CCRM Minneapolis] that couldn't use any insurances, snd cost me $800 out of freaking pocket...the clinic seems against transferring mosaic aneuploid embryos...Biggest weakness is their weak schedule and the difficulty contacting anyone but a nurse for good information. Scheduling is weeks out and they don't make that clear before you're up to pay. Good is that they have stupid high success rates and the doctor is fabulous. They also take some insurances.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
The doctor is great. She's kind, understanding, and works with you on a plan. Her availability isn't great, but that's the only downside, she's very very busy, and it takes 3 weeks to get seen even if you're already a patient.
Start early!
She's just a really sweet person, and understands how you feel. She's also very willing to work with you to have a plan you want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Melissa, then Dana)
Melissa was amazing, would love to work with her again. Dana has been a nightmare. She's snippy, insulting, and seems to be looking down on me and I don't really like working with her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
I had insurance, so they were modest, but I did not like the mandatory "donor therapy" that couldn't use any insurances, snd cost me $800 out of freaking pocket. All so the therapist could scare my donor and I on shit we already discussed.
My doctor is convinced I will have a highly successful egg retrieval based on my previous responses to lighter medication. Based on my lining, she suggested no more than 1 embryo transferred at a time unless I specifically wanted twins. Furthermore, the clinic seems against transferring mosaic aneuploid embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I was supposed to complete my blood work. I already had some of it done, but all the wrong blood work was ordered and it just didn't make any sense. Furthermore they kept losing my blood work from my GP I was supposed to be prescribed a med and I had to call after hours to get a prescription for it. Furthermore, they didn't tell me that the sperm count from the donor had been low after they unfroze it, wasting my first IUI, until literally the day before my second IUI. The doctor was out on leave so I don't blame her, but it was a damn mess.
Edina

you very rarely speak to Dr. Batcheller. All of your correspondence is with the nurses and sometimes you get multiple opinions and information is lost in translation...is not open to using generic medications in her practice or other courses of treatment. She is so very busy that she does not have the time to review her patients records and this sometimes leads to botched transfer attempts.
If you do not have insurance a cycle is about $20K with meds [at CCRM Minneapolis]...My nurse forgot to order one of the trigger medications that’s was needed for my stim cycle. We found out about this tje day I was suppose to trigger. We ended up getting the medication at 10pm and administering it in the car so we met the deadline. Doctor Batcheller did not review my file and ignored my complicated cervix. My first transfer was canceled because she could not get into my uterus. She tried for over an hour because I’m her words “I’ve never met a uterus I couldn’t get in to.”
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller is very arrogant and it’s her way or the high way. Dr.Batcheller is not open to using generic medications in her practice or other courses of treatment. She is so very busy that she does not have the time to review her patients records and this sometimes leads to botched transfer attempts.
Skip CCRM Minneapolis and spend your money elsewhere.
At CCRM Minneapolis you very rarely speak to Dr. Batcheller. All of your correspondence is with the nurses and sometimes you get multiple opinions and information is lost in translation.
I was on protocol five with human growth hormone for my retrieval cycle. We ended up with 3 embryos. She did not include birth control in any of my cycles due to my past history of blood clots while on birth control
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Only good nurses at the clinic are Andrea and Margaret.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Do not go to CCRM Minneapolis. Save your money and go elsewhere. You will just be a number at this clinic. If you ask questions regarding your care you will be treated like crap by the nursing staff. There is nothing good about CCRM. You deserve better, go somewhere else
I have insurance. If you do not have insurance a cycle is about $20K with meds
Edina

We saw Dr. Batcheller at our initial consult and a scheduled (and paid for) follow-up. When we had our initial consult, there wasn’t another doctor at the practice. We had a delay before treatment and in that time another was hired. Dr. Batcheller was on vacation for the week of our retrieval. We weren’t notified or given a choice to delay and therefore our monitoring and ultimately retrieval was done by the other doctor (who is no longer at the clinic and was there a curiously short time). Both the monitoring and retrieval were poorly handled. I ovulated early, therefore retrieving only 3 of the 9-10 mature follicles I had. Dr. Batcheller called with the results of the PGS testing but otherwise I saw techs and was told I could call or email the nurses.
I was assigned one primary care coordinator [at CCRM- Minnesota] but it switched and then it wasn’t consistent anyway. They made careless errors such as asking which one of our embryos we wanted to transfer when we only had one and including subject lines in email such as “Infectious Diseases”. If I mentioned an error I was met with defensiveness... I requested my patient files be submitted to a primary care ObGyn clinic. I followed their procedure, filled out their form and I called to ensure that the request was received in a timely manner in order to be to my clinic in time for my upcoming appt. My clinic still has yet to receive my files.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
If you can get in-person or phone contact with Dr. Batcheller, she is knowledgeable, willing to discuss and answer questions, and provides a sense of understanding. She is kind and approachable. She emphathetically discussed our situation and offered counsel. She is great... when you can see her. For me, during our IVF process we didn’t see her enough and ultimately wonder if we would have had a different outcome if we had.
She is the only doc at her practice currently so you won’t have to confirm if she will be doing your retrieval. My recommendation would be to have Dr. Batcheller/the staff outline the access/contact you will have with Dr. Batcheller during the process you are completing and adjust as you see fit. Either request additional consults or schedule and pay for them.
To my understanding, she has protocols based on intial testing that she will recommend. I didn’t come in armed with knowledge about the many and varied protocols that are out there so I took her recommendation at face value. I responded well to treatment and follicle maturation looked great trending on the 9-10 we anticipated. At our follow-up after our failed transfer Dr. Batcheller confirmed that on examination the 3 eggs retrieved were likely the 3 least mature further indicating that I ovulated early and the retrieval missed the best quality eggs. So... it’s hard to say but considering we had 1 normal embryo from 3 lower quality eggs... I would trust Dr. Batcheller to select my protocol again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
I was assigned one primary care coordinator but it switched and then it wasn’t consistent anyway. They made careless errors such as asking which one of our embryos we wanted to transfer when we only had one and including subject lines in email such as “Infectious Diseases”. If I mentioned an error I was met with defensiveness.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Dr. Batcheller and the embryology lab are top notch from our experience and understanding. It’s a matter of navigating the processes and people that causes the discontent. It’s a tough choice in a tough time.
$25k+
She makes a suggestion, but will support a decision of 1 or 2 embryos transferred.
Edina
She [Dr. Batcheller] was very nice when we saw her, but almost all of our communication was through her nurses who often didn't understand what Dr. Batcheller wanted for me. We had a hard time reaching her directly and often felt she failed to explain treatment risks, benefits and rationale to us. In the end, most of my treatment was determined by bringing my own research to her.... High dose of Menopur (8 vials per day) for 13 days for egg retrieval. Break for CCS testing, beta 3 integrin biopsy and ERA biopsy (done only at my request and all showing abnormalities). Two months depot lupron for suspected endometriosis.
Communication was very timely and staff [CCRM Minneapolis] was compassionate, but often with errors, such as being given the wrong medication protocol or told to schedule a certain test on the wrong cycle day.... I was given incomplete medication lists, told to schedule a procedure on the wrong day, told I didn't need certain tests that in fact did show abnormalities, and not contacted when promised with lab results.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was very nice when we saw her, but almost all of our communication was through her nurses who often didn't understand what Dr. Batcheller wanted for me. We had a hard time reaching her directly and often felt she failed to explain treatment risks, benefits and rationale to us. In the end, most of my treatment was determined by bringing my own research to her.
Be assertive about what you need.
I was given standard protocols until I presented my own research and asked for treatment modifications based on my specific issues.
High dose of Menopur (8 vials per day) for 13 days for egg retrieval. Break for CCS testing, beta 3 integrin biopsy and ERA biopsy (done only at my request and all showing abnormalities). Two months depot lupron for suspected endometriosis. Will do FET with a single day 6 normal embryo, with one extra day of progesterone following ERA test. Will do antihistamine protocol and lovenox for possible autoimmune or clotting issues.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Communication was very timely and staff was compassionate, but often with errors, such as being given the wrong medication protocol or told to schedule a certain test on the wrong cycle day.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths are the compassion and knowledge/skill. They also have an amazing lab. Weaknesses are significant disorganization and inaccurate communication, likely stemming from having too many patients for a single doctor.
Medications were over $10,000. We spent about $5000 on tests and additional appointments. Retrieval with testing was $16,000 and transfer will be over $4000.
She recommended single embryo transfer due to risks associated with multiples. No further explanation was given.
Edina

She [Dr. Hayes] was impersonal, lacked compassion, inaccessible, exaggerated success rates, and was inflexible when I wanted to alter my care base on initial outcomes and response to medication. She is the worst doctor I've ever worked with...She wasn't familiar with the different stages of my care. If I ever wanted her imvolved in my care, I had to pay a special fee of over $100... The protocol is not individualized or altered based on your unique response to meds.
Curt and disorganized, but they [nurses] run the show. I was assigned a coordinator,but I only talked with her a few times. I mostly interacted with a random team of nurses - none of whom seemed to like her job. They were so incredibley rude and unhappy....Can't think of one single positive thing associated with this clinic. Working with them was a nightmare and an experience I'll regret for years to come....
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was impersonal, lacked compassion, inaccessible, exaggerated success rates, and was inflexible when I wanted to alter my care base on initial outcomes and response to medication. She is the worst doctor I've ever worked with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't waste your time or money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
Describe the protocols Ellen Hayes used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
CCRM puts you on a standard protocol depending on your labs. The protocol is not individualized or altered based on your unique response to meds.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Curt and disorganized, but they run the show. I was assigned a coordinator,but I only talked with her a few times. I mostly interacted with a random team of nurses - none of whom seemed to like her job. They were so incredibley rude and unhappy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Worst. Experience. Ever. Can't think of one single positive thing associated with this clinic. Working with them was a nightmare and an experience I'll regret for years to come. I think my doctor ended up getting fired or quitting. She was there less than a year.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis.
Slightly more expensive than other MN clinics. Tried to "sell" certain things that once you agreed to them, you weren't allowed to cancel (genetic testing)
Describe Ellen Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM will not do multiple embryo transfers.
Ellen Hayes
Edina

My egg retrieval [with Dr. April Batcheller] failed to have any embryos viable for chromosome testing or transfer and she never called me to explain the results... Dr. Batcheller never called to check on me, offer an explanation or talk to me about next steps. I had to call to make a follow up appointment with her. I felt abandoned after the poor retrieval process and didn't feel she cared about me or helping us.
All the nurses at CCRM were great. They also appeared very busy...I remember during the work-up phase she charged for everything. They do not submit to insurance you have to do that yourself...Hours are convenient. Staff seems very knowledgeable...My egg retrieval failed to have any embryos viable for chromosome testing or transfer and she never called me to explain the results.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller seemed very eager to get us started and very optimistic about a successful IVF cycle for us. We had an uneventful stim and had 9 mature eggs at retrieval I was very confident in her Knowledge and experience shared her optimism. However when only 2 fertilized and zero made it to blastocyte she never called me. The embryologist gave me the bad news. Dr. Batcheller never called to check on me, offer an explanation or talk to me about next steps. I had to call to make a follow up appointment with her. I felt abandoned after the poor retrieval process and didn't feel she cared about me or helping us.
She is busy. Her staff is short handed and very busy. This can be a very emotional process with ups downs and confusion. If you are new to IVF treatments you should know you will feel like you are on your own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
All the nurses at CCRM were great. They also appeared very busy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Hours are convenient. Staff seems very knowledgeable.
Edina

He [Dr. Wael Salem] told me I didn’t have much time and that if I wanted to try on my own I had to do it fast. He did not tell me why he chose the regimen that he picked for me but I knew I couldn’t have a fresh transfer because I needed a surgery to be able to accept a pregnancy...Multiple times I was told during my visits with him that “he dad to get going he had other patients to see”. In emails to the nurses asking for advise I was told that they talked to him and he said he already discussed that with me.
felt as though I was a number to them [nurses at CCRM Minneapolis]. When is call it would take them hours to days to get back to me. Same with emails...[monitoring] Times were not convenient with my work times...I had to pay up front and when things failed it took a long time to get my money back...It feels like a cold and sterile place. The was no warmth or compassion there...The one strength was the OR staff. They were k credibly kind and compassionate during such an emotional and scary time.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Going through this I expected to be able to talk with him if questions arose. I had to pay for another visit if I wanted that. I got charged for phone calls as well. I felt that all they wanted was my money and that I was just another number to them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Find someone else. Anyone else.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Describe the protocols Wael Salem used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
He told me I didn’t have much time and that if I wanted to try on my own I had to do it fast. He did not tell me why he chose the regimen that he picked for me but I knew I couldn’t have a fresh transfer because I needed a surgery to be able to accept a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
I again felt as though I was a number to them. When is call it would take them hours to days to get back to me. Same with emails.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic just wants your money. It feels like a cold and sterile place. The was no warmth or compassion there. I had to pay in advance. When I had no eggs to test or freeze it fools weeks and many calls to get my money back. The one strength was the OR staff. They were k credibly kind and compassionate during such an emotional and scary time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Minneapolis.
Times were not convenient with my work times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.
Describe Wael Salem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
I had to embryos to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
During the time I was getting labs daily the correct labs were not ordered. If I didn’t know better I would have left and had to come back. Instead I had to get poked twice that day.
Wael Salem
Edina

First impression [of Dr. Batcheller is that] she seemed super nice, friendly, and relatable. But then she proceeded to treat us as a number and statistic rather than as people trying to expand their family. She explicitly told us that her top priority was her clinic's success rates...It took multiple phone calls to convince her that we were not willing to transfer more than one embryo due to the risks. Finally she agreed and we did one eSET.
you can't even call the Minnesota location [of CCRM] directly. You get routed to a call center in Colorado, who then leaves a message for someone from MN to call you back. And they rarely do...[nurses are] Horribly unorganized. Also very difficult to get a hold of and get a response from...It was terrible from start to finish. With every interaction, my experience just got worse and worse...Our one cycle was mostly covered by insurance, so the cost seemed reasonable.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was very shady. First impression she seemed super nice, friendly, and relatable. But then she proceeded to treat us as a number and statistic rather than as people trying to expand their family. She explicitly told us that her top priority was her clinic's success rates.
Don't go near her
She explicitly told us that her top concern and top priority are her clinic's success rates.
I did an FET, and she had me on birth control pills, then lupron. Then doxycycline, then estrogen and Progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Terrible. First of all, you can't even call the Minnesota location directly. You get routed to a call center in Colorado, who then leaves a message for someone from MN to call you back. And they rarely do.
Our one cycle was mostly covered by insurance, so the cost seemed reasonable.
She was very high pressure and told us we could not do a SET since we were using embryos from another clinic and she couldn't verify their quality, so she told us we had to transfer 2. Though she clearly had the quality grading and all of the information from the previous clinic and could obviously have done more research on them. It took multiple phone calls to convince her that we were not willing to transfer more than one embryo due to the risks. Finally she agreed and we did one eSET.