6.9

Edina, MN 55435
Fargo
3000 32nd Ave. S
Fargo, ND 58103

The nurses [at CCRM] are really kind. I just get the sense that they might be overwhelmed. Just know that you might be the one who needs to reach out, ask questions, pay attention to dates and details on your IVF calendar, etc....They also have an amazing discount program (20% off all the services they provide/bill for!) if you or your spouse are active military, which was a big draw for us.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem has a breadth of knowledge about all things fertility and assisted reproductive technology, from more traditional approaches and opinions, to new research that's coming out. CCRM has a list of vitamins they recommend for female patients, and after giving that to me, Dr. Salem told me about a study that's being conducted at CCRM in Colorado where they've found improved success rates in IVF cycles for patients who took acai berry. He said their proprietary blend wasn't for sale, but that if I could get my hands on some acai berry to give it a try. I really appreciated the personalized recommendation. Dr. Salem has also customized our IVF protocol based on my issues (low AMH) and he's been good about explaining why he recommends this or that. With my former RE, I was always second-guessing things and feeling like I needed to do my own research. With Dr. Salem, it feels so good knowing we can trust him and that we are in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask all the questions! He's so good giving his opinion and backing it up with scientific evidence, but he will explain everything in a way you can understand. I honestly would recommend Dr. Salem to anyone, 10/10.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Right at the start of our consultation, it was clear the Dr. Salem had reviewed all of our history/paperwork. He was so thorough in explaining his opinion on why we're struggling to conceive. I went into the meeting with lots of questions, and he answered each one with patience, honesty, and scientific evidence. We've since had additional meetings with Dr. Salem in preparation for IVF, and his bedside manner has remained the same. Never once have we felt rushed or like we were just a number. Moreover, he's recommended certain supplements and tweaks to our IVF protocol specifically for me. Dr. Salem is compassionate, and we feel we can trust him to do what's in our best interest.
Describe the protocols Wael Salem used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Because I have low AMH, we are doing estrogen priming instead of birth control. I am taking 2mg of Estrace (oral), twice a day for about 2 weeks. With my next cycle day 3, we will do baseline ultrasound and blood work, and everything looks good we will start stims. I will be doing 2 vials of Menopur (injection) in the morning, and at night I will do 300 units of Follistim (injection), plus 100 mg of Clomid (oral), and Dexamethasone (oral). Again, since I don't have a lot of eggs, we are pretty much doing max stims to try to recruit as many as possible. At some point I will start Cetrocide/Ganirelix (injection) - not sure what dose, I think this is to prevent me from ovulating before the retrieval. Because we hope to have 2-3 children, we are doing CCRM's family building program, which was recommended to us by Dr. Salem. This means we will do 3 freeze-all retrievals and after the last retrieval all of the embryos will get genetic testing (this saves $ because you're only paying for genetic testing once rather than 3 times). Then we will do a single FET, and any remaining healthy embies will stay on ice for future use.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
The nurses are really kind. I just get the sense that they might be overwhelmed. Just know that you might be the one who needs to reach out, ask questions, pay attention to dates and details on your IVF calendar, etc. We do have a primary nurse, but it seems like whoever is available is who helps us, which is fine. I wish they would automatically upload test results into your portal, but so far I have had to ask for my results every time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM is a well known, reputable clinic not only in Minneapolis, but also around the nation and maybe the world. They also have an amazing discount program (20% off all the services they provide/bill for!) if you or your spouse are active military, which was a big draw for us. We also really appreciate the opportunity to do the family building program, where we will do 3 retrievals at a discounted price in an effort to bank embryos. Not all clinics have this! One thing that is not ideal is that CCRM is often very busy, probably because they're so popular! But the waiting room is often full (which can be kind of awkward) and appointments tend to book out, especially the appointments you have early on. They do have cancellation lists though so don't be shy to ask!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.
Costs are comparable with our former clinic. Because we are doing the family building program which is discounted, plus we get a military discount, the cost of 3 retrievals and 1 FET will be about $40k I think.
Describe Wael Salem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
Dr. Salem definitely seems to lean towards eSET, at least in our case. He said he would only recommend transferring 2 embryos if I had two miscarriages with a singleton (though I think he probablyyyy would be open to transferring 2 after only one miscarriage).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
It wasn't a big deal, but the clinic did lose some test results I sent in when we first started going there.
Wael Salem
Edina
Dr.Salem is very compassionate and made me feel like my husband and I having a baby was his biggest priority. He had a manner that was extremely friendly and explained everything in great detail.... Dr. Salem primary did phone consists with me as we were far from the clinic. He always explained things in a way I could understand and made me feel confident our cycle would be successful. He explained his experience and how it compared with our expected treatment plan and I never doubted his expertise. He was caring during painful procedures and his knowledge of infertility blew me away.
It’s difficult to get same day results from outside clinic faxed to CCRM. They also ordered wrong medication which had to be corrected.... Weaknesses: not feeling like you’re able to get through to a nurse or billing coordinator when you need. It seemed like there were always multiple people looking at my chart and they would jumble the info. Feels like they would quickly rush you through appts. Strengths: having Dr.Salem on staff
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem primary did phone consists with me as we were far from the clinic. He always explained things in a way I could understand and made me feel confident our cycle would be successful. He explained his experience and how it compared with our expected treatment plan and I never doubted his expertise. He was caring during painful procedures and his knowledge of infertility blew me away. When answering questions I had, he did so in a way that didn’t belittle my lack of knowledge and explained everything so wonderfully.
If you’re unable to get the answers you need from his nursing staff, ask to speak directly with him. He’s more than happy to set aside time to speak with you.
For our Egg Retreival process, I was on 150units of Gonal F for 10 days starting day 16 of my cycle. I also did 1 vial of menopur for those 10 days and 5 days of cetrotide starting day 21 of my cycle. For my trigger prior to retreival I did leuprolide and novarel. I was also placed on a medication to lower my estrogen levels 2 days prior to retreival.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
I didn’t end up primarily working with Andrea. There would be different nurses providing results each time. I didn’t feel like I knew how each monitoring appt went unless I asked for specifics. They would just say if I was on track or not.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Ivf Egg retreival with Genetic testing and 1 frozen transfer is approximately $25000
Dr. Salem stated he prefers single embryo transfers
Wael Salem
Edina
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money.... I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well.... The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly....
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller has been great. She was involved in all parts of the process and all of the procedures. She wants to make sure that you understand all of the numbers and will give you honest advice to help you with the most likely outcome to produce the results you're looking for.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I'd like to know more details about why which protocol was chosen and why my initial IVF protocol most likely failed. I feel like that information wouldn't have had me looking for information online and I would have had more confidence going into IVF cycle #2.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money. She again was open and honest about our chances and we've enjoyed having someone we felt like we could talk to.
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next. Because of low ovarian reserve I was started on a Micro-dose Lupron Protocol (lupron twice a day with 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F). After about 8 days it was determined my follicles weren't responding correctly to the stim drugs and our cycle was cancelled. We're currently in a modified protocol that has the same 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F with 5 days of Saizen (HGH).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly. The on-call/after hours nurse system has been great to use and very responsive when needed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well. Most appointments are early in the morning to allow you to get to work without much disruption. Make sure you know the meds you're taking so when you're ordering you make sure it's correct.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
My insurance covered CCRM for basic testing and screening. IVF was not covered except for a $5K lifetime max that didn't include meds. I believe an IVF cycle is about $15k without meds through CCRM.
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
We haven't gotten to this point yet. However, due to my low ovarian reserve and difficulty growing follicles Dr Batcheller recommended doing multiple embroys if given the opportunity.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I had to order additional stim meds since my dose was increased however the prescription wasn't sent to the pharmacy. I had to call the on-call nurse who called in the prescription while I was at the pharmacy.
Edina
Dr. Betcheller is very kind and relatable, and she made me feel heard and understood. However, she is very, very difficult to get a hold of, which is not ideal when going through IVF.... At first, we were really pleased with our interactions with Dr. Batcheller and felt more optimistic and positive than we had with our previous clinic. We felt like she had the expertise and experience to help us, and she has a warm and empathetic personality, which really helped. However, I feel like she was not completely realistic regarding our chances.
CCRM has high success rates, particularly with elective single (euploid) embryo transfer. They have a large network of clinics and do a lot of research. The major downside is that they are very expensive and you literally pay for everything. You cannot talk to the doctor (even on the phone) without paying extra money. We had a few follow up questions (after our regroup appointment) and were charged over $100 for a 10 minute phone call.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
At first, we were really pleased with our interactions with Dr. Batcheller and felt more optimistic and positive than we had with our previous clinic. We felt like she had the expertise and experience to help us, and she has a warm and empathetic personality, which really helped. However, I feel like she was not completely realistic regarding our chances. She was always more optimistic than I felt. We know that IVF is unpredictable and there are no guarantees. We just wish she had been more realistic with us, as ultimately our cycle was a total fail.
4-week priming cycle with estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, and Lupron, followed by 10 days of stims with Follistim (300 IU), Menopur (4 vials per day), Lupron, growth hormone, and dexamethasone. I had great lab results with this protocol and had eggs retrieved. We had a low fertilization rate (60% fertilized with ICSI) and none made it to blastocyst.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Initially, we were impressed with the nursing staff. There were a couple nurses who met with us more than the others and one in particular (Andrea) was very kind and caring (she had gone through IVF herself). However, as time went on, we had a few interactions that left us feeling like we were just a number--they sometimes seemed out of the loop and overworked (managing too many patients), particularly when the doctor was gone for a couple weeks this past summer. We had a lot of miscommunication regarding the start date for our IVF protocol, and that caused us a lot of unnecessary stress.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Approximately $16,000 (maybe more?) for workup, egg retrieval, anesthesia, embryology fees, and CCS.
Dr. Batcheller was 100% in favor of eSET with a PGS-tested euploid embryo, and we were very much in agreement with her. Unfortunately, we did not have any blastocysts to transfer.
Edina

I have only met with Dr. Batcheller a couple of times, most communication is done through the nurses. The times I have met with April, I thought she was very nice and knowledgeable and I felt comfortable moving forward. ... I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff [CCRM], I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that. ... I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
They are a very busy clinic [CCRM], but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them. ... The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations. ... The nurses are great! I think they may be a bit busy because of all the patients the clinic has now, but I think they do a good job of getting back to me when I've left a message.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be your own advocate! The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations.
I am indifferent on this. I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff, I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that.
For IUIs it was letrozol with a very small dose (50) of gonal-f. These were used to help not only grow my follicles, but to attempt to thicken my lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret for IUI, now Jennifer for IVF)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They are a very busy clinic, but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
Approximately $4500 per round of IUI including meds. Have not paid for IVF yet.
Have not discussed this yet.
Edina

She [Dr. April Barcheller] will make you feel at ease...She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me...She seems very busy...AMH 2.3. AFC=15. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature. Used birth control followed by antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal F with cetrotide. We decided to do ICSI with CCS testing...Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval.
IVF cycle [at CCRM Minneapolis] typically cost 15,000 without insurance...I like that they are open on the weekends. Everyone is very friendly. Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval. They also are not very forthcoming with information during stim checks. Had to specifically ask my estrogen and progesterone numbers. Never let me look at the screen for my ultrasounds. Which kind of annoyed me.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She is very warm and friendly. Have had only one cycle. Hard to say how she will respond to a second round. Like will she change up protocol? She seems very busy. May need to get another doctor on board.
She will make you feel at ease.
She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
She seemed a bit harsh at first. I asked her if I could have a placement scan with history of ruptured ectopic and she said no. Later asked the doctor, who was more than willing to ease my anxiety with one.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
we had insurance. We paid CCS testing and money up to deductible and then 20%. IVF cycle typically cost 15,000 without insurance.
I believe she prefers single embryo transfer, especially at my age.
Edina

Dr. B is compassionate and kind. I felt like she cared about me as a person and a patient. ... You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns. ... Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. ... Clomid and trigger shot for an IUI. Gearing up to do a round of IVF with menopur, cetrotide, and follistim.
Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They [CCRM Minneapolis] need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United ... Billing issues with the business office. Conflicting information from the nurses. ... The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you. ... Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses. ... $20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. B is amazing. You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns.
Make sure to confirm with the nurse what you heard from Dr. B. Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strength: Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. She is kind and compassionate. Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United
$20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.