7.1

Edina, MN 55435
Fargo
3000 32nd Ave. S
Fargo, ND 58103

The nurses [at CCRM] are really kind. I just get the sense that they might be overwhelmed. Just know that you might be the one who needs to reach out, ask questions, pay attention to dates and details on your IVF calendar, etc....They also have an amazing discount program (20% off all the services they provide/bill for!) if you or your spouse are active military, which was a big draw for us.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem has a breadth of knowledge about all things fertility and assisted reproductive technology, from more traditional approaches and opinions, to new research that's coming out. CCRM has a list of vitamins they recommend for female patients, and after giving that to me, Dr. Salem told me about a study that's being conducted at CCRM in Colorado where they've found improved success rates in IVF cycles for patients who took acai berry. He said their proprietary blend wasn't for sale, but that if I could get my hands on some acai berry to give it a try. I really appreciated the personalized recommendation. Dr. Salem has also customized our IVF protocol based on my issues (low AMH) and he's been good about explaining why he recommends this or that. With my former RE, I was always second-guessing things and feeling like I needed to do my own research. With Dr. Salem, it feels so good knowing we can trust him and that we are in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask all the questions! He's so good giving his opinion and backing it up with scientific evidence, but he will explain everything in a way you can understand. I honestly would recommend Dr. Salem to anyone, 10/10.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Right at the start of our consultation, it was clear the Dr. Salem had reviewed all of our history/paperwork. He was so thorough in explaining his opinion on why we're struggling to conceive. I went into the meeting with lots of questions, and he answered each one with patience, honesty, and scientific evidence. We've since had additional meetings with Dr. Salem in preparation for IVF, and his bedside manner has remained the same. Never once have we felt rushed or like we were just a number. Moreover, he's recommended certain supplements and tweaks to our IVF protocol specifically for me. Dr. Salem is compassionate, and we feel we can trust him to do what's in our best interest.
Describe the protocols Wael Salem used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Because I have low AMH, we are doing estrogen priming instead of birth control. I am taking 2mg of Estrace (oral), twice a day for about 2 weeks. With my next cycle day 3, we will do baseline ultrasound and blood work, and everything looks good we will start stims. I will be doing 2 vials of Menopur (injection) in the morning, and at night I will do 300 units of Follistim (injection), plus 100 mg of Clomid (oral), and Dexamethasone (oral). Again, since I don't have a lot of eggs, we are pretty much doing max stims to try to recruit as many as possible. At some point I will start Cetrocide/Ganirelix (injection) - not sure what dose, I think this is to prevent me from ovulating before the retrieval. Because we hope to have 2-3 children, we are doing CCRM's family building program, which was recommended to us by Dr. Salem. This means we will do 3 freeze-all retrievals and after the last retrieval all of the embryos will get genetic testing (this saves $ because you're only paying for genetic testing once rather than 3 times). Then we will do a single FET, and any remaining healthy embies will stay on ice for future use.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
The nurses are really kind. I just get the sense that they might be overwhelmed. Just know that you might be the one who needs to reach out, ask questions, pay attention to dates and details on your IVF calendar, etc. We do have a primary nurse, but it seems like whoever is available is who helps us, which is fine. I wish they would automatically upload test results into your portal, but so far I have had to ask for my results every time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM is a well known, reputable clinic not only in Minneapolis, but also around the nation and maybe the world. They also have an amazing discount program (20% off all the services they provide/bill for!) if you or your spouse are active military, which was a big draw for us. We also really appreciate the opportunity to do the family building program, where we will do 3 retrievals at a discounted price in an effort to bank embryos. Not all clinics have this! One thing that is not ideal is that CCRM is often very busy, probably because they're so popular! But the waiting room is often full (which can be kind of awkward) and appointments tend to book out, especially the appointments you have early on. They do have cancellation lists though so don't be shy to ask!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.
Costs are comparable with our former clinic. Because we are doing the family building program which is discounted, plus we get a military discount, the cost of 3 retrievals and 1 FET will be about $40k I think.
Describe Wael Salem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
Dr. Salem definitely seems to lean towards eSET, at least in our case. He said he would only recommend transferring 2 embryos if I had two miscarriages with a singleton (though I think he probablyyyy would be open to transferring 2 after only one miscarriage).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
It wasn't a big deal, but the clinic did lose some test results I sent in when we first started going there.

2022, Consult
Weaknesses of this [CCRM Minneapolis - Bismarck] clinic are the phone lines - it is difficult to get through to the front desk. Strengths is Dr. Dahl - in a sea of uncaring, overworked, "old-school" practitioners, Dr. Dahl is a diamond in the ruff. She is smart as a whip, does her research, and practices and individualized approach to treating her patients.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Dahl was very warm and compassionate. She was a clear and direct communicator and was very willing to talk through her thoughts and processes. She spent over an hour with us during our initial consult and was very thorough in answering questions, proactively asking targeted questions, and devising a plan of care which included consults with several third-party specialties. Dr. Dahl completely exceeded both mine and my husband's expectations in communication, warm bedside manner, and medical knowledge/expertise. I've worked with three other infertility doctors, who all approached my treatment and care like I was just a number, not wanting to answer my questions, and not individualizing my care. After just one visit with Dr. Dahl, we are in awe of her personalized approach to treating our infertility. We have so much trust in her approach and expertise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be open about your medical history and lifestyle. Be ready to hear the pros and risks of treatment and possibly to see other care professionals prior to beginning treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Dahl came to our appointment having reviewed our extensive medical history and had targeted insight/advice on how to effectively manage my complicated medical issues. She was the first doctor that has taken my symptoms seriously and incorporated my specific issues into account in her plan of treatment. She was very kind and patient - listening to our concerns and advising. I had a whole slew of questions to ask her and didn't even need to ask most of them because she proactively answered all of them in detail.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Dr. Dahl referred us to a maternal fetal medicine doctor, geneticist, and possibly cariologist prior to starting any workup or treatments on us. After we are "cleared" by these other consults, she plans to do a full one-day workup for both my husband and myself at their clinic in Minneapolis.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Weaknesses of this clinic are the phone lines - it is difficult to get through to the front desk. Strengths is Dr. Dahl - in a sea of uncaring, overworked, "old-school" practitioners, Dr. Dahl is a diamond in the ruff. She is smart as a whip, does her research, and practices and individualized approach to treating her patients.
Stephanie Dahl
Bismarck Office

2022, Unknown Success
Because of the Covid restrictions we were only able to meet with Dr. Hansen via video, but during those times he was able to be personable, answer our questions and make us feel comfortable. Also, during the egg retrieval, he was not the doctor that conducted that procedure, but did take the time out to come over and check on my wife to ensure she was good and introduce himself in person..
The strengths [of the CCRM nurses] were making sure the timelines were clear, the procedures explained, the next steps set up...Weaknesses would have to be the office administration- numerous times there had to be follow up with them around submitting any prior approvals, payments, etc. They held overpayments at their will, and were not compassionate about any of the areas that were of concern for my wife and I.
How was your experience with Brent Hanson at CCRM Minneapolis?
Our experience as patients has allowed us to ask all of the questions that we needed and be lined up for all of the treatments that were necessary. Dr. Hanson and CCRM does lean on their large network to enable them to see a large amount of patients. This can seem a little impersonal at times, but it also allows the clinic to serve a greater number of individuals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brent Hanson at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be sure to expect most of the communication to come from nurses and be very good at checking all the information on the on line portal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brent Hanson at CCRM Minneapolis?
Describe the protocols Brent Hanson used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
My wife was diagnosed with PCOS, which made the medications that were required for IVF retrieval extremely expensive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
The strengths were making sure the timelines were clear, the procedures explained, the next steps set up.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brent Hanson at CCRM Minneapolis.
$18,597 for 1 egg retrieval and implantation. This did not include the $3,500+ in medications.
Describe Brent Hanson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
The approach was Single Embryo Transfer.
Brent Hanson

2019 - 2021, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Batcheller] is a very nice person, caring and seems to connect with you as a patient. You only really see Dr. B when you do your initial consult, and for specific procedures the rest of the time your communication is with your nurse...i learned was to have questions ready and rapid fire ask when I saw her...I did not feel like my FET was personal or personalized to me, they would adjust things based on labs, but nothing seemed like it was just for me...
CCRM-Minneapolis is a busy clinic...They treat many women in the clinic so at times you feel "lost in the shuffle"...I never felt like my care was personalized for me...you really have to be your own advocate throughout the process...When they call in your Rx make sure they do it and in a timely manner before you are expected to take said medication. Just know that you are a patient but you are also expected to take the lead in your care...
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She is a very nice person, caring and seems to connect with you as a patient. You only really see Dr. B when you do your initial consult, and for specific procedures the rest of the time your communication is with your nurse. This felt a bit off-putting but again, we know she is busy. If I asked questions to my nurse she would get back to you with details from Dr. B. I felt like Dr. B is the best provider in the office, but with that she is very busy and very sought after. What i learned was to have questions ready and rapid fire ask when I saw her. She seemed distracted during re-groups and they felt rushed. Throughout the process i didn't always feel confident in her ability to help our family grow. She is smart, personable, and made eye-contact.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be prepared. If you have questions be ready with them, don't be afraid to push back, you really have to be your own advocate throughout the process. Double-Check everything because Dr. B rarely takes the time to get down to the nitty gritty details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
CCRM-Minneapolis is a busy clinic. That is first and foremost. They treat many women in the clinic so at times you feel "lost in the shuffle" they have improved dramatically in how they treat you, but I never felt like my care was personalized for me.
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
I feel like they used and re-used the same calendars based on initial screenings. I did not feel like my FET was personal or personalized to me, they would adjust things based on labs, but nothing seemed like it was just for me... After completing an ERA my FET was adjusted slightly but again it was a calendar for "pre-receptive" ERA results, nothing geared toward me or my specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Dana )
If you are trying to reach a live person who is a nurse after 3pm it is difficult. Dana was always so caring and nice. Sometimes things were missed - calls to the pharmacy, if I had a question about my calendar, if I didn't agree with something. You would sometimes hear from other nurses who were not familiar with you. She was always willing to call me and explain things to me. Dana missed a pretty big procedure I was suppose to have done and then it was a hurry up rush to get it scheduled. This was very stressful and brought on some big emotions. The surgery nursing staff is amazing. I cannot say enough great things about them, so thoughtful, well-trained, compassionate, caring, helpful, just all around great women on that side.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM is obviously well known. They are leaders in the fertility field and for good reason - they have awesome success rates. However, understand they are busy. They have a lot of women that want to expand their families, sometimes things are streamlined to get people in and out. Be your best advocate. Study the billing statements, ask questions about insurance practices, if you are not familiar with a test or something they are asking of you ask questions and get it in writing. Make sure they are doing what they say they will do (example, if the egg retrieval says that you have a regroup before or after the procedure make sure it is set up and not overlooked) When they call in your Rx make sure they do it and in a timely manner before you are expected to take said medication. Just know that you are a patient but you are also expected to take the lead in your care. Its a whole new ball game and you need to be an expert in your (fertility) health.
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
I was adamant about transferring 2 embryos. This resulted in a positive pregnancy test.
Edina
Dr.Salem is very compassionate and made me feel like my husband and I having a baby was his biggest priority. He had a manner that was extremely friendly and explained everything in great detail.... Dr. Salem primary did phone consists with me as we were far from the clinic. He always explained things in a way I could understand and made me feel confident our cycle would be successful. He explained his experience and how it compared with our expected treatment plan and I never doubted his expertise. He was caring during painful procedures and his knowledge of infertility blew me away.
It’s difficult to get same day results from outside clinic faxed to CCRM. They also ordered wrong medication which had to be corrected.... Weaknesses: not feeling like you’re able to get through to a nurse or billing coordinator when you need. It seemed like there were always multiple people looking at my chart and they would jumble the info. Feels like they would quickly rush you through appts. Strengths: having Dr.Salem on staff
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem primary did phone consists with me as we were far from the clinic. He always explained things in a way I could understand and made me feel confident our cycle would be successful. He explained his experience and how it compared with our expected treatment plan and I never doubted his expertise. He was caring during painful procedures and his knowledge of infertility blew me away. When answering questions I had, he did so in a way that didn’t belittle my lack of knowledge and explained everything so wonderfully.
If you’re unable to get the answers you need from his nursing staff, ask to speak directly with him. He’s more than happy to set aside time to speak with you.
For our Egg Retreival process, I was on 150units of Gonal F for 10 days starting day 16 of my cycle. I also did 1 vial of menopur for those 10 days and 5 days of cetrotide starting day 21 of my cycle. For my trigger prior to retreival I did leuprolide and novarel. I was also placed on a medication to lower my estrogen levels 2 days prior to retreival.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
I didn’t end up primarily working with Andrea. There would be different nurses providing results each time. I didn’t feel like I knew how each monitoring appt went unless I asked for specifics. They would just say if I was on track or not.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Ivf Egg retreival with Genetic testing and 1 frozen transfer is approximately $25000
Dr. Salem stated he prefers single embryo transfers
Edina
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money.... I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well.... The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly....
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller has been great. She was involved in all parts of the process and all of the procedures. She wants to make sure that you understand all of the numbers and will give you honest advice to help you with the most likely outcome to produce the results you're looking for.
I'd like to know more details about why which protocol was chosen and why my initial IVF protocol most likely failed. I feel like that information wouldn't have had me looking for information online and I would have had more confidence going into IVF cycle #2.
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money. She again was open and honest about our chances and we've enjoyed having someone we felt like we could talk to.
I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next. Because of low ovarian reserve I was started on a Micro-dose Lupron Protocol (lupron twice a day with 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F). After about 8 days it was determined my follicles weren't responding correctly to the stim drugs and our cycle was cancelled. We're currently in a modified protocol that has the same 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F with 5 days of Saizen (HGH).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly. The on-call/after hours nurse system has been great to use and very responsive when needed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well. Most appointments are early in the morning to allow you to get to work without much disruption. Make sure you know the meds you're taking so when you're ordering you make sure it's correct.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
My insurance covered CCRM for basic testing and screening. IVF was not covered except for a $5K lifetime max that didn't include meds. I believe an IVF cycle is about $15k without meds through CCRM.
We haven't gotten to this point yet. However, due to my low ovarian reserve and difficulty growing follicles Dr Batcheller recommended doing multiple embroys if given the opportunity.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I had to order additional stim meds since my dose was increased however the prescription wasn't sent to the pharmacy. I had to call the on-call nurse who called in the prescription while I was at the pharmacy.
Edina
Dr. Betcheller is very kind and relatable, and she made me feel heard and understood. However, she is very, very difficult to get a hold of, which is not ideal when going through IVF.... At first, we were really pleased with our interactions with Dr. Batcheller and felt more optimistic and positive than we had with our previous clinic. We felt like she had the expertise and experience to help us, and she has a warm and empathetic personality, which really helped. However, I feel like she was not completely realistic regarding our chances.
CCRM has high success rates, particularly with elective single (euploid) embryo transfer. They have a large network of clinics and do a lot of research. The major downside is that they are very expensive and you literally pay for everything. You cannot talk to the doctor (even on the phone) without paying extra money. We had a few follow up questions (after our regroup appointment) and were charged over $100 for a 10 minute phone call.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
At first, we were really pleased with our interactions with Dr. Batcheller and felt more optimistic and positive than we had with our previous clinic. We felt like she had the expertise and experience to help us, and she has a warm and empathetic personality, which really helped. However, I feel like she was not completely realistic regarding our chances. She was always more optimistic than I felt. We know that IVF is unpredictable and there are no guarantees. We just wish she had been more realistic with us, as ultimately our cycle was a total fail.
4-week priming cycle with estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, and Lupron, followed by 10 days of stims with Follistim (300 IU), Menopur (4 vials per day), Lupron, growth hormone, and dexamethasone. I had great lab results with this protocol and had eggs retrieved. We had a low fertilization rate (60% fertilized with ICSI) and none made it to blastocyst.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Initially, we were impressed with the nursing staff. There were a couple nurses who met with us more than the others and one in particular (Andrea) was very kind and caring (she had gone through IVF herself). However, as time went on, we had a few interactions that left us feeling like we were just a number--they sometimes seemed out of the loop and overworked (managing too many patients), particularly when the doctor was gone for a couple weeks this past summer. We had a lot of miscommunication regarding the start date for our IVF protocol, and that caused us a lot of unnecessary stress.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Approximately $16,000 (maybe more?) for workup, egg retrieval, anesthesia, embryology fees, and CCS.
Dr. Batcheller was 100% in favor of eSET with a PGS-tested euploid embryo, and we were very much in agreement with her. Unfortunately, we did not have any blastocysts to transfer.
Edina

I have only met with Dr. Batcheller a couple of times, most communication is done through the nurses. The times I have met with April, I thought she was very nice and knowledgeable and I felt comfortable moving forward. ... I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff [CCRM], I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that. ... I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
They are a very busy clinic [CCRM], but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them. ... The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations. ... The nurses are great! I think they may be a bit busy because of all the patients the clinic has now, but I think they do a good job of getting back to me when I've left a message.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be your own advocate! The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations.
I am indifferent on this. I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff, I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that.
For IUIs it was letrozol with a very small dose (50) of gonal-f. These were used to help not only grow my follicles, but to attempt to thicken my lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret for IUI, now Jennifer for IVF)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They are a very busy clinic, but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
Approximately $4500 per round of IUI including meds. Have not paid for IVF yet.
Have not discussed this yet.

IUI With Other Docs
She [Dr. April Barcheller] will make you feel at ease...She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me...She seems very busy...AMH 2.3. AFC=15. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature. Used birth control followed by antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal F with cetrotide. We decided to do ICSI with CCS testing...Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval.
IVF cycle [at CCRM Minneapolis] typically cost 15,000 without insurance...I like that they are open on the weekends. Everyone is very friendly. Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval. They also are not very forthcoming with information during stim checks. Had to specifically ask my estrogen and progesterone numbers. Never let me look at the screen for my ultrasounds. Which kind of annoyed me.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She is very warm and friendly. Have had only one cycle. Hard to say how she will respond to a second round. Like will she change up protocol? She seems very busy. May need to get another doctor on board.
She will make you feel at ease.
She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
She seemed a bit harsh at first. I asked her if I could have a placement scan with history of ruptured ectopic and she said no. Later asked the doctor, who was more than willing to ease my anxiety with one.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
we had insurance. We paid CCS testing and money up to deductible and then 20%. IVF cycle typically cost 15,000 without insurance.
I believe she prefers single embryo transfer, especially at my age.

2020, Unknown Success
I think she [Dr.Batcheller] truly cares about her patients and making their miracle baby come true. She’s always been super sweet and positive every time we’ve spoke. The only downside is that I’ve only seen her a couple times besides the procedures...I was given 1 calendar that indicated what drugs, shots and patches to use for retrieval
She’s [CCRM nurse] super sweet, knowledgeable, quick to respond and doesn’t mind picking up the phone and talking with me about my concerns...Strengths- *Clean *Quick *Phlebotomist and nurses are nice Weaknesses- *the front desk coordinators aren’t always in a good mood. *the billing department has messed up quite a few times and has tried to triple charge us. *I don’t like how they provide patients with a large bill all at once to pay when you check in with no warning of these charges. Example: I checked in a couple weeks ago and got a bill for $1,300 (charges back from Sept to now) and they wanted me to pay on the spot
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I think she truly cares about her patients and making their miracle baby come true. She’s always been super sweet and positive every time we’ve spoke. The only downside is that I’ve only seen her a couple times besides the procedures.
That you’re in good hands.
I felt like she truly cared about our situation and put us at ease that this will work.
April was the first Endocrinologist that diagnosed me with Graves’ disease and put me on medication to balance my thyroid levels. This helped me tremendously! Next, we dove into IVF. I was given 1 calendar that indicated what drugs, shots and patches to use for retrieval. I can’t remember all of the medication I was on. I just finished up with my second calendar and that was prepping for transfer. The worst shot I was on was Lupron. I absolutely hated it and the way it made me feel. Eventually, I started taking half the dosage and that helped a ton. I had my transfer last Tuesday, and I’m currently on progesterone oil shots, endometrin, and Vivelle dot patches for ten weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
I absolutely love my nurse, Jamie! She’s super sweet, knowledgeable, quick to respond and doesn’t mind picking up the phone and talking with me about my concerns.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths- *Clean *Quick *Phlebotomist and nurses are nice Weaknesses- *the front desk coordinators aren’t always in a good mood. *the billing department has messed up quite a few times and has tried to triple charge us. *I don’t like how they provide patients with a large bill all at once to pay when you check in with no warning of these charges. Example: I checked in a couple weeks ago and got a bill for $1,300 (charges back from Sept to now) and they wanted me to pay on the spot. This was my first time seeing this bill so I was a little shocked. During this process, patients are very vulnerable and stressed so I think there’s more appropriate ways to handle the billing process. An example would be for the billing team to contact the patient ahead of time to let them know they have a large bill. They also tried to double charge me this amount the next week after it was paid. Being in finance, I keep an eye on this kind of stuff, but for someone else, they might just hand their card over and not think twice about it. *the waiting area is too small *I’ve heard of other fertility clinics playing music during the transfer and I wish this clinic did this. *I wish the transfer rooms were more cozy and welcoming.
I think the total cost of everything plus chromosome testing is about $11,000 out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I just feel that there’s some things at the clinic that could change to make it better for patients experience.
Edina

I am very comfortable as his [Dr. Wael Salem] patient. He seemed to believe in eventual success even when other doctors were suggesting egg donors and this trust eventually led to a few embryos. He is warm and genuine in his approach. I did feel the need to be my own advocate. He was not comfortable straying beyond the initial protocol he set for me. I needed to do my research and ask about a lot of different options and paths which was not presented to me.
It was hard to get an initial appointment [at CCRM San Francisco]. They don't provide any information regarding the embryos till day 5/6. Once when I opted for fresh transfer, I was made to go all the way to the clinic only to be told there were 0 embryos. This was crushing...[the nurse] Very good and prompt. Only 1 time she missed ordering one important medication
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
I am very comfortable as his patient. He seemed to believe in eventual success even when other doctors were suggesting egg donors and this trust eventually led to a few embryos. He is warm and genuine in his approach. I did feel the need to be my own advocate. He was not comfortable straying beyond the initial protocol he set for me. I needed to do my research and ask about a lot of different options and paths which was not presented to me.
Be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to research and propose or ask about possibly taking alternative paths
Very warm bedside manner. Appears genuine when he speaks to us.
Cycle 1 antagonist - no embryos Cycle 2 antagonist - no embryos Cycle 3 microflare lupron - a few embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
Very good and prompt. Only 1 time she missed ordering one important medication
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
It was hard to get an initial appointment. They don't provide any information regarding the embryos till day 5/6. Once when I opted for fresh transfer, I was made to go all the way to the clinic only to be told there were 0 embryos. This was crushing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Once a medication was missed from the order to the pharmacy.
Edina

Dr. B is compassionate and kind. I felt like she cared about me as a person and a patient. ... You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns. ... Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. ... Clomid and trigger shot for an IUI. Gearing up to do a round of IVF with menopur, cetrotide, and follistim.
Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They [CCRM Minneapolis] need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United ... Billing issues with the business office. Conflicting information from the nurses. ... The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you. ... Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses. ... $20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. B is amazing. You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns.
Make sure to confirm with the nurse what you heard from Dr. B. Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strength: Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. She is kind and compassionate. Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United
$20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.