6.8

Edina, MN 55435
Fargo
3000 32nd Ave. S
Fargo, ND 58103

Dr. B [April Batcheller] is very kind and caring about her patients. She is knowledgeable about the various developments and innovations in IVF treatment, and I felt like she allowed us to be part of the decision-making process. When our first FET resulted in chemical pregnancy, we reviewed some unique symptoms I presented with and she listened to my ideas on how to adjust treatment, gave us the scientific reality of those ideas, and we made a joint decision to try an anti-histamine approach.
CCRM [MN] is new and while I think they have worked through some of their growing pains, they still have issue with communication. Specifically, I sometimes don't get a call back when I leave a voicemail first thing in the morning. I've also been routed to a receptionist that is clearly not in MN and can only send messages to nurses and schedule remotely. On a positive note, the clinic is clean and spacious, and I've repeatedly heard and been told that Dr B is very particular who she hires, and she wants to hire the best.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. B is very kind and caring about her patients. She is knowledgeable about the various developments and innovations in IVF treatment, and I felt like she allowed us to be part of the decision-making process. When our first FET resulted in chemical pregnancy, we reviewed some unique symptoms I presented with and she listened to my ideas on how to adjust treatment, gave us the scientific reality of those ideas, and we made a joint decision to try an anti-histamine approach. Dr. B also is understanding that since we were paying for everything out-of-pocket, we should skip some tests for the immune theories, and just treat me as though I had tested positive. Overall, even though we still haven't had a successful pregnancy, I feel Dr. B cares for and is passionate about her patients. My only concern now, is with two failed transfers, she had initially told us she expected a 60% chance of success. My only criticism is that her optimism can be a bit misleading or insensitive. It's nice to have that hope when you first meet and are nervous, anxious, or uneasy about the whole process. But I think I would have rather she not so confidently given us a percentage of success when I asked for it, or tempered her optimism when she said, "Let's talk about your options!" after our first FET resulted in chemical pregnancy. I'm sure in this line of work, you have to be a positive person to stay in it, but a touch more compassion isn't a bad thing either.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Just know that Dr. B is super positive and optimistic. I think she presented the risks of anti-histamine protocol well, but also dismissed the one birth defect she's seen with the protocol she's done it to something else... so, again, she's very optimistic about what she does. If you are in in a bad place, and need that boost to come back to, she's great. But if you prefer a very realistic and honest assessment, I felt like things were maybe presented a little more positive and confident than I would have liked in hindsight.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. B does genuinely know and care about her patients. She had a good understanding of our previous efforts in our initial meeting, and answered all of my questions (and I had a long list of them) without rushing or or being dismissive.
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Our stim phase was "Luteal Patch (Protocol 3 with Patches)" in CCRM categories. We worked with my natural cycle at my request due to some bad experiences with BCPs. I was instructed to use ovulation kits to catch an LH surge, and then begin cetrotide and patches post-surge. The next cycle, we started stim with Menopur and Follistim on CD2. We upped the Follistim from 150 to 225 on the 4th day of stim since my eggs were going a little slow, and after that, things progressed nicely. After 10 days of stimming, Dr. B cancelled our fresh transfer because my progesterone levels were higher than they wanted. We triggered after 10 days of stimming as well. My US on that day showed at least 8 eggs on each ovary between 17.5 and 20 mm in additional to many smaller eggs. Retrieval was two days after trigger shot. They retrieved 25 eggs, 15 were mature and had ICSI, 11 successfully fertilized, and 7 were frozen for transfer. For our first FET we used my natural cycle again. Used Lupron to suppress cycle before using patches and endometrium vaginal inserts to build up lining. Had to add 1mL of PIO every other day 4 days before transfer due to low P4 levels. After transferring they upped PIO to 1mL every day due to low P4 levels. My lining grew perfectly, and once it reached 8 mm, they scheduled a transfer for 8 days later. (It’s my understanding CCRM will not transfer if the lining is not at least 8 mm.) Our transfers went perfectly, although, we requested last minute to thaw two embryos for transfer, and one did not survive. They thawed a third one in order to still transfer two. (When I asked at our pre-transfer nurse meeting about embyos not surviving the thaw, a nurse told us she had never heard of that happening at CCRM. If they would have asked us what to do when the first embryo did not survive, I would have told them not to thaw a third one. That was frustrating and I expressed that to Dr. B at our regroup. She said CCRM only has 2% of embryos that fail to survive the thaw.) 9 days after transfer, Beta #1 was over 180 and the nurse indicated a number that high (they like it to be over 50) could mean both embryos implanted. Beta #2 did not double, it was just over 200. No changes in protocol. Beta #3 was in the low 30's, and the cycle was deemed a chemical pregnancy. One frustrating part was that Dr. B insisted I get a fourth HCG test 4 days after the Beta #3 to confirm the pregnancy was over, even though I had started a heavy period three days after Beta #3. That was both a hassle and frankly, somewhat traumatizing to experience in the aftermath of things. I didn't see any reason I couldn't have waited out the period and tested afterwards to give me time and space to grieve. After discussing some symptoms I had in FET #1 (two instances of severe nausea, cramping and sweats/fever for 20-30 minutes several days after transfer) we decided to try an anti-histamine protocol in case I was having immunological issues. We also did a long-Lupron cycle due to a previous diagnosis of endometriosis in case that left me with a specific type of cell that can affect implantation. Our initial attempt at a second FET was cancelled when my lining failed to thicken, even after adding estradiol tabs, and eventually developed fluid in the lining. We induced a period with 2mL of PIO in each hip. I never really got a clear reason why might have caused the fluid, but the nurse said unless it happens again, they sort of chalk it up to a fluke and try again. FET #2- Natural cycle again, this time with low-dose meds. Instead of steadily increasing from 1 to 4 patches every other day to help grow the lining, we let it grow on its own. My lining grew a little more slowly than they like, but no fluid and it had the trilaminar layers they want to see. Once my lining was an 8 on it’s own, we added 2 patches every other day for the entire transfer, along with endometrium vaginal inserts three times a day. Anti-histamine protocol was Claritin and Prednisone once a day and Pepcid AC twice a day, beginning 2 days before transfer. Again, transfer went perfectly, we only did one embryo this time. I also didn't need PIO shots every day and could stick with every other day. However, when I presented the same symptoms of nausea, cramping, and fever/sweats, Dr. B didn't have anything specific to change initially. She did suggest we could up the PIO to every day after the second instance occurred in case the fluctuation of Progesterone was causing the symptoms. I declined since we had been doing PIO every day in our first transfer and I still had the same symptoms. Beta #1 was less than 1 and the cycle failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Initially, we were assigned Maria and she was wonderful, kind, compassionate, and she had great follow-up. One thing that I don't think was communicated to us was that she only did fresh transfers. When we switched to a FET, I started hearing consistently from a new nurse, Andrea. Anrea is also very kind and compassionate, but she was the one who told that she had never heard of embryos not surviving the thaw, and that happened to us. Recently, Maria left CCRM and I've been hearing from Andrea and another nurse, but neither of them had communicated if they were going to be my primary nurse. I will say that all of the nurses are very friendly, kind and knowledgeable. However, IVF is complicated, and you have to pay attention and ask questions not matter what. One failure from the nurse staff with our second FET had me waiting for a transfer calendar until 5 days before my transfer, and only once my transfer was set. I like to have as much information available to me as soon as possible, so that was a little frustrating when a fourth nurse told me I should have gotten it when I started coming in for lining checks.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM is new and while I think they have worked through some of their growing pains, they still have issue with communication. Specifically, I sometimes don't get a call back when I leave a voicemail first thing in the morning. I've also been routed to a receptionist that is clearly not in MN and can only send messages to nurses and schedule remotely. On a positive note, the clinic is clean and spacious, and I've repeatedly heard and been told that Dr B is very particular who she hires, and she wants to hire the best. So, even if you wait a little longer for your Ultrasound or blood work, the medical work has always been done well and is incredibly thorough. In particular, the US nurses are a delight. They both have a joy in their work. I prefer Margaret because she is pretty upfront with how things are looking to her. it's probably true of every clinic, but because I have some issues with getting information, always ask questions and be your own advocate. Dr. B didn't make me feel stupid or annoying when I had a list of questions for our meetings, and I think everyone should do their prep work before sitting down with any RE to make sure you don't get pushed along like a cattle herd. The CCRM nurses are happy to answer things as well, you just sometimes have to ask them for the information. I would get varying responses back after an US from "everything looks good, stay on course", to "your lining was only a 5, and the eggs are a little small, so we want to give it a few more days..." Just ask them what you want to know, don't expect them to give you a standard set of information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
Specifically: Initial consult: $205 Communicable/Vitamin D, TSH: $300 LH Check: $115 Progesterone Check: $115 IVF Costs (Stim appointments and clinic surgery) $13,510.00 BETA: $70 Baseline ultrasound and Hysteroscopy: $1,795.00 Regroup (phone) $112.00 FET transfer is in the range of $7,000 Overall, we've spent $24,702 at CCRM with both the consult, stim, retrieval, two transfers, and two re-groups, one in person and one on the phone.
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
I specifically asked Dr. B about the risks of double embryo transfer a few days before our first transfer. I had to ask, because it was never offered to me. I think CCRM assumes eSET unless they are told otherwise. Dr. B said for our situation, if we transferred two, we had a 65% chance of twins. She explained there is a slight increase in HBP and Diabetes risks, but those exist anyway. The bigger risk is a 25% chance of pre-term labor and bed rest for some portion of pregnancy. However, Dr. B was comfortable with doing 2 for us.
Edina
Strengths that I see in Dr. B [Dr. Batcheller] are communication, empathy, hard work and doesn’t tell you what you want to here, tells you what you need to hear in a kind and caring way. Both my husband and I were immediately impressed and when our cycle did not go as planned she delivered the news to us and made time to see us right away. She never gave up and came up with a great option. She also explains things in a way that we could understand.
Entire clinic [CCRM MN] is wonderful. Everyone is supportive and kind and if they don’t have the answers they find it for you. US techs were especially wonderful counting our follicles and getting excited with us....Great turn around time on messages, thoughtful and caring. Easy to call and talk to as well.... [Dr. Batcheller] Listened to my concerns, what worked for me before, what didn’t. Laid out a clear and concise plan for IVF. Explained what she saw as hurdles and always worked for us, not against us.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Strengths that I see in Dr. B are communication, empathy, hard work and doesn’t tell you what you want to here, tells you what you need to hear in a kind and caring way. Both my husband and I were immediately impressed and when our cycle did not go as planned she delivered the news to us and made time to see us right away. She never gave up and came up with a great option. She also explains things in a way that we could understand. I have yet to find something I don’t like. She’s trustworthy, dependable and willing to think outside the box.
Tell her exactly what you didn’t like about your RE before. She listens!
We started with protocol 3 and that didn’t work for us. All of our eggs were immature and she sat down with us going through every stim day step by step and came to a conclusion of what went wrong. I didnt respond to one medication and the next cycle we used a different medication to trigger with, but she was very careful as I had previously had OHSS and she was trying to make sure it didn’t get worse. We ended up stimming one day less, but getting 7 mature eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Entire clinic is wonderful. Everyone is supportive and kind and if they don’t have the answers they find it for you. US techs were especially wonderful counting our follicles and getting excited with us.
Total cost so far about $25,000.
Dr. B prefers one healthy mom and one healthy baby, but if we have more than 2 to transfer she is open to twins.
Edina
Dr. Betcheller is very kind and relatable, and she made me feel heard and understood. However, she is very, very difficult to get a hold of, which is not ideal when going through IVF.... At first, we were really pleased with our interactions with Dr. Batcheller and felt more optimistic and positive than we had with our previous clinic. We felt like she had the expertise and experience to help us, and she has a warm and empathetic personality, which really helped. However, I feel like she was not completely realistic regarding our chances.
CCRM has high success rates, particularly with elective single (euploid) embryo transfer. They have a large network of clinics and do a lot of research. The major downside is that they are very expensive and you literally pay for everything. You cannot talk to the doctor (even on the phone) without paying extra money. We had a few follow up questions (after our regroup appointment) and were charged over $100 for a 10 minute phone call.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
At first, we were really pleased with our interactions with Dr. Batcheller and felt more optimistic and positive than we had with our previous clinic. We felt like she had the expertise and experience to help us, and she has a warm and empathetic personality, which really helped. However, I feel like she was not completely realistic regarding our chances. She was always more optimistic than I felt. We know that IVF is unpredictable and there are no guarantees. We just wish she had been more realistic with us, as ultimately our cycle was a total fail.
4-week priming cycle with estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, and Lupron, followed by 10 days of stims with Follistim (300 IU), Menopur (4 vials per day), Lupron, growth hormone, and dexamethasone. I had great lab results with this protocol and had eggs retrieved. We had a low fertilization rate (60% fertilized with ICSI) and none made it to blastocyst.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Initially, we were impressed with the nursing staff. There were a couple nurses who met with us more than the others and one in particular (Andrea) was very kind and caring (she had gone through IVF herself). However, as time went on, we had a few interactions that left us feeling like we were just a number--they sometimes seemed out of the loop and overworked (managing too many patients), particularly when the doctor was gone for a couple weeks this past summer. We had a lot of miscommunication regarding the start date for our IVF protocol, and that caused us a lot of unnecessary stress.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Approximately $16,000 (maybe more?) for workup, egg retrieval, anesthesia, embryology fees, and CCS.
Dr. Batcheller was 100% in favor of eSET with a PGS-tested euploid embryo, and we were very much in agreement with her. Unfortunately, we did not have any blastocysts to transfer.
Edina
She [Dr. April Batcheller] was always thoroughly prepared and has options for us. She always had an answer for my questions. She isn't afraid to change a protocol or think outside the box to get you the results you want. I don't feel like i am a number or a statistic in the column with her, she has your families interest at heart, and that shows with alot of the cases she takes on, that others will not. I felt very well cared for and trusted her judgment.
I am extremely happy with the outcome of our two retreivals [at CCRM Minneapolis] since our last doc wouldn't try anything but DE after a failed cycle with him...The clinic is clean and new. It has the best equipment and competent staff. I am not a fan of being switched over to the Colorado CCRM phone board if my local location doesn't answer, cause then they just send you back to them, but that's miniscual in the scheme of things. At the beginning it was very difficult to get in for some appointments before treatment really started, like an SHG, ultrasound and so on.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
April Batcheller is a great doctor who is passionate about what she does. She was always thoroughly prepared and has options for us. She always had an answer for my questions. She isn't afraid to change a protocol or think outside the box to get you the results you want. I don't feel like i am a number or a statistic in the column with her, she has your families interest at heart, and that shows with alot of the cases she takes on, that others will not. I felt very well cared for and trusted her judgment.
Come with all your questions and don't be afraid to ask them. She is a wealth of information and you should understand your situation and treatment completely. (this is not saying she didn't do a good job laying out the treatment, I just had pages full of questions and she was more then happy to answer and explain)
I feel that Dr B does really care about you and being able to start or continue your family. She did not read of off papers or my chart during our consult, she knew the info and my case. She laid out a great protocol that was giving ladies with DOR some good outcomes. She didn't blow smoke up our @$$ on the chances and she had hope for us and our eggs. Nurses usually responded very quickly and front desk staff was always friendly and very helpful! They knew my name when I walked in the door.
My protocol was considered "the kitchen sink" protocol :) Menopur 150, clomid, dex, gonal f 300, saizen the first five days of Stims and triggered with 5,000 novarel and a double Lupron trigger. This resulted in 5 eggs retreived/5mature/5fertilized, three made it to blast with one normal ccs tested embryo. Second cycle was same protocol, 15 eggs retreived/10 mature/7 fertilized, two made it to blast and now waiting on ccs testing to come back currently. (this egg retreival was actually done by Dr. Salem, Dr B was unavailable) I will very shortly be starting my FET Blast BCPs/Lupron/suppository/P4 in oil QOD protocol for our first transfer with Dr B. I am extremely happy with the outcome of our two retreivals since our last doc wouldn't try anything but DE after a failed cycle with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nursing staff is great overall and has a lot to juggle day to day. They are prompt with phone calls and are willing to find you your answers. The only "issue" I ran into was the portal communication. Not always was the same nurse responding to your message and I found that one nurse that would respond didn't really look past the current message and wasn't fully informed on the previous conversation, so the continuity of care wasn't always great in that respect. It was confusing sometimes with the portal messages. But it was convenient to have the portal to communicate during the day and they are very quick with responses in the portal.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic is clean and new. It has the best equipment and competent staff. I am not a fan of being switched over to the Colorado CCRM phone board if my local location doesn't answer, cause then they just send you back to them, but that's miniscual in the scheme of things. At the beginning it was very difficult to get in for some appointments before treatment really started, like an SHG, ultrasound and so on. But once you were established it was better. And Dr B was the only doctor there so she was spread pretty thin for appointments. This clinic was hands down better in all categories then my previous clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Minneapolis.
We needed to schedule our monitoring appointments before 1130 I think it was. I had an hour and a half trip to the clinic so that was inconvenient for me on work days, but couldn't do anything about it. I was always called in an appropriate time and the ultrasound techs were great. One thing I do wish is that CCRM would have a payment option to not include the monitoring, so that you could do it at your local clinics when available. If I would have chose to monitor at my local clinic they would not have taken out the price of labs and ultrasounds from our package price. And we would have been paying for the labs and ultrasounds twice if we decided to monitor at our local clinic.
First cycle of IVF with CCS testing was $14,884. Second cycle was $13,419 due to a discount for banking cycles. With around $5,000 in medication cost each round. Labs that were not included in package were expensive, Vit D was $225, I elected to do that at my local clinic, along with my initial labs since that was where they were drawn for the past two years and I wanted the consistency. The price per item or procedure was more than at my previous clinics and I had no insurance coverage for any of it at CCRM
We don't have the opportunity yet to have to worry or think about how many to transfer, we only have one ccs tested embryo currently but waiting on two more to result. Hopefully those can change our thought process. But I agree with her idea of only putting one in at a time, if you only have two, because you can make changes if the first FET was unsuccessful and still have something to work with. And she is not opposed to transferring two embroys but you case will be evaluated and pros and cons will be weighed. I would love the ability to put two in at a time, but I do not think that will be our course of action.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
It wasn't a huge deal and wouldn't really have changed the course of our treatment plan but Dr B had wanted a CBC and Vit D labs drawn, it was written on my calendar they gave me, but never ordered. I had to ask about it multiple times for an outside order since I travel to the clinic and can get the labs drawn cheaper at my home clinic. I also had a change to my stim protocol dates, due to my period coming a few days earlier then planned. They gave me an updated hard copy calendar but did not mention that things would have changed on it for starting meds. I was started on my stim meds the night of my suppression check, which was a change from my original calendar and my previous cycle. So it would have been nice if the nursing staff would have reviewed that info as opposed to just handing me the new calendar, since there was updated info.
Edina
I think she [Dr. April Batcheller] is very intelligent and adjusted my meds during the stimulation cycles to get the best quantity and quality eggs...She is warm and friendly and very understanding of my situation. I had 3 miscarriages prior to seeing her when I was undergoing IUI and IVF the year prior and she definitely understood that I had been through alot with no clear explanation...Retrieved 18 eggs, 15 were mature, and then after ICSI 3 made it to day 5 blasto and still awaiting CCS results.
CCRM is the second clinic I have been a patient at during my infertility treatments. Compared to the last clinic this one is more intimate and after a few appointments the front desk would recognize me which was nice...They seemed to be very organized and well versed in infertility treatments. One nurse was very compassionate while I cried on the phone after the first unsuccessful retrieval results.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller was the second physician I've seen while undergoing treatments. She is warm and friendly and very understanding of my situation. I had 3 miscarriages prior to seeing her when I was undergoing IUI and IVF the year prior and she definitely understood that I had been through alot with no clear explanation. I think she is very intelligent and adjusted my meds during the stimulation cycles to get the best quantity and quality eggs.
I would say ask any question if you aren't understanding the protocol and meds, it can be alot to understand. Always take notes!
I have done two egg retrievals. The first cycle I did a vivelle patch and ganirelex prior to stim meds, stim meds I used Menopor, Follistem, Dexamethasone and added in Clomid after first ultrasound check as I'm a poor responder to meds. We retrieved 9eggs and 6 mature by day 5 only had one and did CCS testing which came back aneuploid. I just finished a second cycle and primed with Estrace pills and then for stim meds Menopor, Follistem, Clomid, Dexamethasone and did Saizen for first 5 days. Retrieved 18 eggs, 15 were mature, and then after ICSI 3 made it to day 5 blasto and still awaiting CCS results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic is new and clean which compared to my old clinic in Boston is nice. They seem to be very organized and the front desk staff are excellent! I really don't see any big weaknesses. Once there was a mistake calling in a medication but wasn't a big deal and was quickly fixed.
My insurance only covered the workup labs and baseline ultrasound nothing related to IVF. Which was a sticker shock coming from Boston where everything was covered. My meds for a retrieval were roughly $6k and then the retrieval which included everything was $15k plus another $450 for anesthesia. Honestly it might be expensive but I think it's the best clinic/MD in the Twin Cities and I don't think you can put a price on that.
I haven't done a transfer but will probably do a single embryo but will be based on quality of egg.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Once one of the nurses forgot to call in a prescription but I caught it and was quickly fixed, not a big deal.
Edina
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money.... I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well.... The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly....
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller has been great. She was involved in all parts of the process and all of the procedures. She wants to make sure that you understand all of the numbers and will give you honest advice to help you with the most likely outcome to produce the results you're looking for.
I'd like to know more details about why which protocol was chosen and why my initial IVF protocol most likely failed. I feel like that information wouldn't have had me looking for information online and I would have had more confidence going into IVF cycle #2.
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money. She again was open and honest about our chances and we've enjoyed having someone we felt like we could talk to.
I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next. Because of low ovarian reserve I was started on a Micro-dose Lupron Protocol (lupron twice a day with 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F). After about 8 days it was determined my follicles weren't responding correctly to the stim drugs and our cycle was cancelled. We're currently in a modified protocol that has the same 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F with 5 days of Saizen (HGH).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly. The on-call/after hours nurse system has been great to use and very responsive when needed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well. Most appointments are early in the morning to allow you to get to work without much disruption. Make sure you know the meds you're taking so when you're ordering you make sure it's correct.
My insurance covered CCRM for basic testing and screening. IVF was not covered except for a $5K lifetime max that didn't include meds. I believe an IVF cycle is about $15k without meds through CCRM.
We haven't gotten to this point yet. However, due to my low ovarian reserve and difficulty growing follicles Dr Batcheller recommended doing multiple embroys if given the opportunity.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I had to order additional stim meds since my dose was increased however the prescription wasn't sent to the pharmacy. I had to call the on-call nurse who called in the prescription while I was at the pharmacy.
Edina
She [Dr. Batcheller] was very nice when we saw her, but almost all of our communication was through her nurses who often didn't understand what Dr. Batcheller wanted for me. We had a hard time reaching her directly and often felt she failed to explain treatment risks, benefits and rationale to us. In the end, most of my treatment was determined by bringing my own research to her.... High dose of Menopur (8 vials per day) for 13 days for egg retrieval. Break for CCS testing, beta 3 integrin biopsy and ERA biopsy (done only at my request and all showing abnormalities). Two months depot lupron for suspected endometriosis.
Communication was very timely and staff [CCRM Minneapolis] was compassionate, but often with errors, such as being given the wrong medication protocol or told to schedule a certain test on the wrong cycle day.... I was given incomplete medication lists, told to schedule a procedure on the wrong day, told I didn't need certain tests that in fact did show abnormalities, and not contacted when promised with lab results.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was very nice when we saw her, but almost all of our communication was through her nurses who often didn't understand what Dr. Batcheller wanted for me. We had a hard time reaching her directly and often felt she failed to explain treatment risks, benefits and rationale to us. In the end, most of my treatment was determined by bringing my own research to her.
Be assertive about what you need.
I was given standard protocols until I presented my own research and asked for treatment modifications based on my specific issues.
High dose of Menopur (8 vials per day) for 13 days for egg retrieval. Break for CCS testing, beta 3 integrin biopsy and ERA biopsy (done only at my request and all showing abnormalities). Two months depot lupron for suspected endometriosis. Will do FET with a single day 6 normal embryo, with one extra day of progesterone following ERA test. Will do antihistamine protocol and lovenox for possible autoimmune or clotting issues.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Communication was very timely and staff was compassionate, but often with errors, such as being given the wrong medication protocol or told to schedule a certain test on the wrong cycle day.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths are the compassion and knowledge/skill. They also have an amazing lab. Weaknesses are significant disorganization and inaccurate communication, likely stemming from having too many patients for a single doctor.
Medications were over $10,000. We spent about $5000 on tests and additional appointments. Retrieval with testing was $16,000 and transfer will be over $4000.
She recommended single embryo transfer due to risks associated with multiples. No further explanation was given.

How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller herself will tell you that she specializes in caring for those who have had multiple failed cycles. When we came to her we were broken, we had done 9 IUI's and 2 IVF's with zero success. We went to her just to get a second opinion to see if we should stop and move onto adoption. Dr Batcheller had new ideas, was way more aggressive gave us the confidence to try again. While it still took her 2 rounds of IVF to get us pregnant, we didn't hesitate to do that second round as she had new ideas and was so confident in them. As a result I'm pregnant with twin boys and have 9 more embryos in the freezer waiting for us to expand in the future. I trust her implicitly with my care- she is a brilliant doctor on the cutting edge of research!
Dr Batcheller is a straight shooter yet compassionate so you will love her from the start. Once your treatment has started however you don't see Dr Batcheller personally each visit but know that she is the only one creating your care plan and that she is constantly monitoring and adjusting your cycle if need be to get the best results! She will likely push you for a freeze all cycle...it's hard to be patient but it was so worth it in the end! This approach allows her to be more aggressive with your meds and will ultimately be a huge benefit to you in the end!
April has incredible bedside manner as well as an ability to be very candid in her plans. She was always gentle in how she talked with us but also never gave false hope. Her care for my husband and I was personally tailored to us and I always felt that she was doing everything in her power to help us achieve our goals. I love that she incorporates both holistic medicine along side of her treatment plans!
My husband and I had a lot of obstacles to overcome so we were on a very aggressive protocol. We used lupron each cycle as I produce a lot of eggs...55 my last cycle her clinic record :) For my cycle we used a combination of saizen which is a med to help egg quality- cetrotide, vivelle patches, menopur and follistim which was about 15 days of injectable meds. I was in for monitoring 5 times during that period which was always quick and easy. Dr Batcheller favors freeze all cycles because she swims very hard typically and there was no way my body could handle a transfer at that point. My last cycle I produced 55 eggs (with previous clinics I was lucky to get 20), 37 were mature, 32 fertilized and 10 top grade embryos were frozen. We then went on to do a frozen embryo transfer 3 months later (we could have done it sooner but opted to wait). Because of my previous failed transfers again Dr Batcheller made sure we did everything possible for success. I went on Depot Lupron injections for 2 months leading up to the transfer. I then did a combination of Vivelle patches, progesterone shots and suppositories 3 times daily and she added an anti-hystimine protocol of meds to be absolutely sure my body wasn't attacking the babies. We transferred two 5 day top grade embryos that resulted in a successful twin pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Maria Patch )
All of the nurses at CCRM Minneapolis are amazing but I was so lucky to work with Maria Patch. She is so knowledgable and comforting. She gave great advice and was super quick to respond to messages. CCRM Minneapolis uses an online message portal and when I asked questions I got a response within the hour most of the time. The nurses at CCRM Minneapolis were so much more than nurses, they became like family to me. In fact I have stayed in contact with several and they are still cheering us on through this pregnancy. I miss seeing them regularly and wish I could have doctored all the way through delivery with that team!
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM Minneapolis is located in Edina...it is very easy to get to and occupies it's own floor within the bigger building they are in. I loved that privacy. They also make sure to separate their appointments-if you are trying to get pregnant you are seen in the early morning, if you have achieved pregnancy with them and are still being monitored (they see you through 10 weeks or so) then you come a little later. This compassion to not be sitting in a waiting room seeing a pregnant person meant a lot to me. As of right now the hardest thing about CCRM Minneapolis is they do not accept insurance. You pay them upfront for the cycle and then submit claims to your insurance company-this is super tedious and a hassle but trust me WORTH IT! That's how good this team is! I think the biggest advantage is their state of the art lab and top notch embryologist. Not every clinic has a full time embryologist, they do. Dr Vasser is as important in this journey as Dr Batcheller. She is an incredible embryologist and was a huge part of our success! All of our embryos were top grade-that was not the case with other clinics!
Our freeze all IVF cycle for just treatment was around $11,000 plus medications that were about $7,000. Our embryo transfer was around $3,500 and then the OB care after we were pregnant was $1,200. The meds for the transfer through the first 3 months of pregnancy were about $4,000. Dr Batcheller is very picky about using certain brands of drugs vs generics which did add to the price a bit, however her reasoning made sense and was worth the extra in the end.
CCRM Minneapolis does favor single embryo transfers as their success rates are so high and it does lower the risk. In my case we had so many failures Dr Batcheller agreed that transferring two was the best approach but she did caution me that it would likely result in twins...and it did :) In future transfers I will likely only be transferring 1 at a time as we such great quality embryos as a result of their amazing embryologist and lab!
Edina
when I did need to see our doctor [Dr. April Batcheller] for unexpected questions, she made herself available. That was important to me bc at the time, she was the only RE who worked at that clinic so I know she’s always busy...Dr. Batcheller put all of the risks and downsides to everything before we decided to do anything. We were torn about doing the genetic testing and she gave us reasons to do it and reasons why it’s not always necessary rather than just telling us to do it.
We were mainly being seen by our nurse, Jill, on the regular [at CCRM Minneapolis]...I was unfortunately overstimulated after my egg retrieval but they took such good care and sent me to ER and followed up constantly...She [nurse] was awesome. Always communicating through phone, and patient portals!...When I was having hard days, they would let me and let me cry and explained things thoroughly. Through such a tough journey, they made me feel good and comfortable.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
You will be treated by such an intelligent, warm, and positive person who honestly has your best interest in you.
We were mainly being seen by our nurse, Jill, on the regular. But when I did need to see our doctor for unexpected questions, she made herself available. That was important to me bc at the time, she was the only RE who worked at that clinic so I know she’s always busy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jill radke)
She was awesome. Always communicating through phone, and patient portals!
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They were awesome and communicated so well. When I was having hard days, they would let me and let me cry and explained things thoroughly. Through such a tough journey, they made me feel good and comfortable.
We wanted to do multiple embryo transfer but the clinic and dr advised to do one bc their goal was for us to have a single healthy baby and they said the chances of both eggs holding were almost just as successful as a singleton transfer. They weren’t even telling me it was just about putting in two eggs but how hard it will be to carry twins, deliver, and take care or aftRewards. We still wanted to do 2 and they said they would let us but wanted to make sure we knew that we would probably have twins, which we did!
Edina
For those that might want hand holding of the Dr at every appointment that probably isn't what Dr B[atcheller] will do but I never once felt like she was unreachable or wasn't guiding the process. She was great from consult to stims to retrieval to transfer to releasing us to our OB...She seemed so human. She was warm, caring, and smart. She was always there...even though I didn't see her every visit (not needed either) she was there for all the important things and even sometimes just there to touch base.
From consult day 1 I felt like the staff - Front Desk and Nurses as well as [Dr. Batcheller at CCRM] wanted to know me...I would say once our retrieval and stims were done it felt a little less attentive (but really they don't need to be as attentive either). When I felt like I was having a crises after I had been released from there care they still took my phone call and were super quick and helpful at responding even contacting Dr. B and asking her some questions on my behalf. It was actually hard to leave them and our regular ultrasounds after we had success and were transitioning to a OB - becoming a normal pregnant person was a hard transition after such focused care. The embryologist was a little intense but honestly long as she is good at doing the lab work (which she rocks at) I didn't need her to be warm and fuzzy.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She seemed so human. She was warm, caring, and smart. She was always there...even though I didn't see her every visit (not needed either) she was there for all the important things and even sometimes just there to touch base. For those that might want hand holding of the Dr at every appointment that probably isn't what Dr B will do but I never once felt like she was unreachable or wasn't guiding the process. She was great from consult to stims to retrieval to transfer to releasing us to our OB.
From consult day 1 I felt like the staff - Front Desk and Nurses as well as Dr B. wanted to know me. I was eager to get started right away and even timed my 1st consult with the day 3 testing in mind (not knowing if I would be accepted as a patient or not) and Dr. B got me going on the next steps during the consult. She could have pushed me off to the future but was willing to work with me. She also understood that we were driving 5 plus hours 1 way for appointments with her and CCRM and did her best to make the most of every trip we made down (including setting up a special time for us to learn about injections etc instead of attending a group session). She seemed to be thoughtful about reading what had been done previously and addressing concerns I had from when I was doing IUI's before coming to CCRM. She also was reasonable and excited about our possibility of success. She also seemed to work ALL the time...she was there on weekends etc she didn't hand off the duty to someone else...she was always there if needed. She even said she was going on her first vacation (which was only like 2 weeks long) since she had started the CCRM location in MN...I felt happy for her that she was making a point to take care of herself as much as she was taking care of us.
(OCP Antagonist - BCP) CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts that were day 5's 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl- We didn't learn this until after we had already transferred as CCRM's policy changed) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
Really I had a great experience with front desk (Hamdi use to answer the phone with pretty much every call and that meant a lot...I hear that isn't the case now), nurses, those drawing blood, ultrasound and more. From the moment I reached out to them about costs sheets to when they were saying good by to me as they transferred me to my OB they were warm, welcoming, friendly, personable, empathetic, funny, and easy to work with. I would say its just like any place you get medical care you do have to advocate for yourself, keep track of things, research, and ask questions if things don't seem right but overall I had a great experience. I would encourage anyone looking to go here to have patience and to remember that these people are human too (which can be hard when something so precious is on the line and the $$ being spent). I would say once our retrieval and stims were done it felt a little less attentive (but really they don't need to be as attentive either). When I felt like I was having a crises after I had been released from there care they still took my phone call and were super quick and helpful at responding even contacting Dr. B and asking her some questions on my behalf. It was actually hard to leave them and our regular ultrasounds after we had success and were transitioning to a OB - becoming a normal pregnant person was a hard transition after such focused care. The embryologist was a little intense but honestly long as she is good at doing the lab work (which she rocks at) I didn't need her to be warm and fuzzy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths: Lab, CCRM Colorado's Lab and CCRM Big $ and innovation being shared with CCRM - Minneapolis, Dr. B, Nurses that are with you from beginning to end, CCRM vitamin lists, No stress around BMI (mine was around 38) and age, ability to get me started right away and no cohorts of ivf timing. Weaknesses: Costs $$$$, Website being generic for all CCRM's Something I would have wanted to know...I would have only filled half of my stim med order (long as I could have the other half filled in full ASAP) as what you may end up needing isn't always what you are prescribed...as in I was prescribed more with the thought that I might need more but ended up not using A LOT of the meds due to dosage changes and so I had a lot of extra meds left over (which means a lot of money spent that wasn't used). Also knowing how warm everyone was and as a person that was nervous about my BMI being an issue that it wasn't even brought up. That I was welcomed into CCRM. Also that they have sorta evolving policies. I was able to know the gender of our embryos after transfer but that now your allowed to know in advance. You are also allowed to give a sex preference (but only if your embryos are of equal quality). Also I guess something that none of us wants to hear...that after all of the money and time and energy that sometimes success doesn't happen. I have only heard really wonderful things from other patients attending at the same time as me about Dr. B showing up and really making a point to help be someone to lean on during that bad news, or in that crises, but that she is also willing to adapt and find new ways to help if possible.
Overall we paid roughly 35k (including IVF/Frozen Transfer, Acupuncture day of transfer, stim meds, transfer meds, post transfer meds, meds for the first 8 + weeks of pregnancy, some monitoring off site) plus (lodging/travel) 2016 Estimate of charges for: In Vitro Fertilization with CCS Testing PACKAGE PRICE CANNOT BE BROKEN APART Ultrasounds for Monitoring 76857 $800 Nursing Time Coordination (Retrieval) 98960 $750 Nursing Time Coordination (FET) 98960 $350 Retrieval of Oocyte 58970 $1,000 Transfer of Embryo 58974 $800 Ultrasound for Retrieval 76948 $180 Ultrasound for Transfer 76856 $180 Surgical Suite for Retrieval UB-92 $1,250 Surgical Suite for Transfer UB-92 $350 Clinical Lab Package $1,500 Includes Estradiol, Progesterone, LH, HCG, Blood Draw Sperm Isolation with Semen Analysis 89261 $300 Oocyte Identification 89254 $700 Culture and Fertilization 89250 $1,200 Embryo Transfer Prep 89255 $400 Assisted Hatching 89253 $500 Extended Culture 89272 $450 Embryo Cryopreservation 89258 $1,000 ICSI 89280 $1,500 Embryo Thaw 89352 $400 Embryo Biopsy 89290 $1,500 CCS Testing (Fertility Genetics) Includes 4 to 6 embryos $1,700 CCS Shipping Fees $250 Initial Pregnancy test HCG, Estradiol, Progesterone and lab draw fee $325 Total $17,385 **ADDITIONAL SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE PRICE** Anesthesia/Paid to Allied Anesthesia $475 check only Medication paid to Pharmacy Varies Cyst Aspiration $400 Annual embryo storage fee $400 Back-up sperm freeze $250 Sperm Thaw $200 Oocyte Activation $400 PICSI (used with ICSI) (Not billable to insurance) $400 MESA, Testes Biopsy, PESA, microdissection Varies
She seemed willing to let us do 1 or 2 but recommended 1. We also agreed to 1 (though did a lot of thinking on it) as we live far from a hospital that could provide care for infants/children with needs. Also the delivery hospital would be 2 hours away. I was also concerned about my ability to really give a quality life experience to my child and also for me and my husband if we had more than 1 child at a time. After all the time of trying to make family I really wanted to enjoy the experience as best as we all could. Also I was concerned about additional medical issues that I might have if carrying 2. EVEN with just the 1 transferred our first ultrasound showed 2 sacs (only 1 with a pole in it). So even when transferring just 1 it is possible to get twins etc.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Nothing is flawless...they are humans. Any challenges we had didn't feel unreasonable even if frustrating for a moment.
Edina

We started seeing dr batcheller for unexplained infertility. We started with injections for an iui. After the iui was unsuccessful, we started another round of injections (slightly increasing dosages) as we planned on another iui. After one of our ultrasounds we realized that I was making too many follicles for an iui. We ultimately switched to an ivf cycle and ended up with 16 eggs, 5 fertilized embryos, 4 viable (after genetic testing), 2 were transferred (we have 2 left), and (after all that) 1 baby!
The majority of the care team [at CCRM Minneapolis] was wonderful. There was one nurse/ultrasound tech that we weren’t fond of (I don’t remember her name, but she didn’t seem as detail oriented and always rushed us through appointments)...Strengths would include the communication and transparency of information, being treated like an actual person instead of a number, and for us, the exact outcome we hoped for a baby. The only weaknesses would be trying to get through the phone lines (would often need to call several times to get through) and the one nurse/ultrasound tech that we weren’t fond of. Overall we had an excellent experience.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She did a great job explaining everything, Was completely approachable, and made you feel at ease. She made us feel valued and that we (and what we were going through) mattered. At one point we needed to adjust our treatment from an iui to ivf and we felt completely comfortable under her direction.
Don’t hesitate, just go for it. It’s all worth it.
Dr Batcheller and her staff were warm, friendly and engaging. They always remembered who you were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret)
The majority of the care team was wonderful. There was one nurse/ultrasound tech that we weren’t fond of (I don’t remember her name, but she didn’t seem as detail oriented and always rushed us through appointments).
I believe the total cost for both the iui and ivf was just under $30000
Edina

[Dr. Batcheller's] bedside manner was impeccable, always caring and patient. I never felt rushed or uneasy in anyway. We could tell she felt the importance of each case. She lighted the mood with just her smile. After meeting with her one time I knew with out a doubt she was going to be able to help us finally have a family! Best decision I’ve ever made!...We used a very standard protocol. She did lots of tests first to each all hormone levels etc, I felt she had a good understanding of my body and what would work best.
easy to schedule appointments [at CCRM Minneapolis]. Business office was a little slow to process some requests and answer questions. Make sure you ask for copies of everything. Keep records yourself and cross check with the business office. I found a few items we were changed twice for. Have a good understanding of what your insurance might cover. They don’t contract with many insurance companies so you will likely be submitting your own insurance claims. Also submit all your claims, even if you think you don’t have coverage, you never know what your insurance company will cover! When in doubt ask questions!!! Bring another person with you to make sure you are both understanding the same thing, you don’t want any billing surprises
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was wonderful, very knowledgeable, explained all our options and very honest. She had a large case load so she could be slow to respond to questions through the nurse portal. She was encouraging yet very realistic. She had facts to back up her thoughts and treatment plans. Her bedside manner was impeccable, always caring and patient. I never felt rushed or uneasy in anyway. We could tell she felt the importance of each case. She lighted the mood with just her smile. After meeting with her one time I knew with out a doubt she was going to be able to help us finally have a family! Best decision I’ve ever made!
Ask lots of questions!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
When I was at the clinic the case loaf was quickly growing. I saw many different nurses. They were calm and organized. When I had questions they were mostly quick to respond. A few times I had to e mail or call a few times to get an answer. They seemed to have a good understanding of the medication and protocol. Always had a smile on their face and seemed to love their job.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strong science, easy to schedule appointments. Business office was a little slow to process some requests and answer questions. Make sure you ask for copies of everything. Keep records yourself and cross check with the business office. I found a few items we were changed twice for. Have a good understanding of what your insurance might cover. They don’t contract with many insurance companies so you will likely be submitting your own insurance claims. Also submit all your claims, even if you think you don’t have coverage, you never know what your insurance company will cover! When in doubt ask questions!!! Bring another person with you to make sure you are both understanding the same thing, you don’t want any billing surprises
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Minneapolis.
Super easy to schedule, always had openings early in the morning.
She told me specifically in my case, transferring more then one embryo wouldn’t increase my chance of getting pregnant it would only increase my chance of multiples. We went with a single transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
One time a nurse forgot to call with blood work results, but it was an honest mistake.
Edina

She [Dr. Batcheller] was engaged in every part of my treatment. She completed all ultrasounds and often answered the phone herself after hours for emergency questions...I credit Dr Batchelor's focus on embryo screening and newer technology to my successful treatment. She is professional, personable and so hard working...Her practice is focused on your success and not just their statistics...I was amazed at the personal treatment I received from the very start as a patient in a brand new practice.
The clinic was a great new facility and was very nice. Billing was a bit difficult as they were new when I was being treated and they did not have any insurance contracts at that time, but I was made aware of this...The nursing staff was a bit inconsistent, which I attribute to bring a brand new practice. I didn't have a strong 1x1 relationship with any particular nurse, but it didn't matter because Dr. Batchellor was so involved and accessible...Additionally her clinic treated me with a high BMI, without hesitation where other clinics have BMI cut offs that seemingly only serve to protect their success rates.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I credit Dr Batchelor's focus on embryo screening and newer technology to my successful treatment. She is professional, personable and so hard working. I was amazed at the personal treatment I received from the very start as a patient in a brand new practice.
Her practice is focused on your success and not just their statistics. You are in great hands with a Dr that has clearly dedicated themselves to helping others in such an amazing way.
I saw Dr Batchelor when she first started her practice and she was engaged in every part of my treatment. She completed all ultrasounds and often answered the phone herself after hours for emergency questions.
I do not recall a lot of specifics of the treatment protocol. I chose to spend the extra investment on CCS or PGS and I'm quite certain that is what I can accredit my success with one cycle, single embryo transfer. Additionally her clinic treated me with a high BMI, without hesitation where other clinics have BMI cut offs that seemingly only serve to protect their success rates.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic was a great new facility and was very nice. Billing was a bit difficult as they were new when I was being treated and they did not have any insurance contracts at that time, but I was made aware of this when I first met with Dr Batchellor.
$18,000 package covered retrieval, transfer, ultrasounds ,PGS/CCS etc. drugs were separate.
Dr. Batchellor was a strong proponent of set, but she was able to offer technology and success rates to compensate justify the approach.
Edina

She [Dr. Batcheller] knew that this was our "last chance" cycle and put her heart into fighting for us. She was familiar with us at every visit, coming in on weekends to do ultrasounds and personally stepping in to do even the "small tasks" like taking a blood pressure or making copies of forms for us. She left no stone unturned and wanted this for us as much as we did. She was compassionate, kind, caring, funny, and incredibly personable, yet professional.... She validated concerns I had from prior cycles even before I had mentioned them. I was incredibly impressed with how she handled my questions. She has solid reasoning for what she does and why, but is willing to take your thoughts and opinions into consideration and compromise if you feel strongly about an issue. Dr. Batcheller is a truly fantastic doctor.
The nurses [at CCRM Minneapolis] are excellent! I appreciated knowing a few of them went through the process themselves and their compassion shone through. The nursing team handled all calls the same day and utilized the patient portal for simple questions...I like that they break the AM and PM up with patients who are trying to get pregnant and patients who have had success, making it a sensitive place for all.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I can't say enough about Dr. Batcheller! She knew that this was our "last chance" cycle and put her heart into fighting for us. She was familiar with us at every visit, coming in on weekends to do ultrasounds and personally stepping in to do even the "small tasks" like taking a blood pressure or making copies of forms for us. She left no stone unturned and wanted this for us as much as we did. She was compassionate, kind, caring, funny, and incredibly personable, yet professional. We had seen other doctors up to this point, but had never received the type of care as we did with Dr. Batcheller. She validated concerns I had from prior cycles even before I had mentioned them. I was incredibly impressed with how she handled my questions. She has solid reasoning for what she does and why, but is willing to take your thoughts and opinions into consideration and compromise if you feel strongly about an issue. Dr. Batcheller is a truly fantastic doctor.
Make the appointment! Bring your questions - you will never feel rushed as she answers your questions.
From our first consultation, Dr. Batcheller knew our names and didn't have to reference a chart. In fact, she didn't even have our chart pulled up at first and she spoke about our case as someone who had clearly reviewed it prior to our appointment and became incredibly familiar with us.
Retrieval. PGD tested and then a frozen cycle to transfer 2 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret )
The nurses are excellent! I appreciated knowing a few of them went through the process themselves and their compassion shone through. The nursing team handled all calls the same day and utilized the patient portal for simple questions. I appreciated that all beta blood work was run same day and that Dr. Batcheller would call with the results herself, giving me a chance to ask any questions. The nurses were excellent in helping coordinate prescriptions. Often times at other clinics we were responsible to coordinate our own prescriptions, but here the nurses would do the faxing and assist with finding the best priced medication. At one point, the medication I needed was unavailable due to a shortage, and the nurse called around, finding it for me from a pharmacy in Florida, and had it overnighted to my house.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic is newer and is still working through some bumps, however, it doesn't impact the care you receive. The clinic is not in network with any insurance companies, however the billing representative Melissa makes sure to provide you with everything you need to submit to your insurance company after every appointment. I do wish we had gotten a summary of how much items would cost us out of pocket after we got pregnant, as all of the beta's and ultrasounds added up quickly. The parking is free and easy to find, and the waiting room offers beverages and has music playing. I like that they break the AM and PM up with patients who are trying to get pregnant and patients who have had success, making it a sensitive place for all. The wait times are minimal, if at all, and the practice is small, making it possible for everyone to know you, from the phlebotomist to the nursing assistant.
Costs were competitive within the Twin Cities. About $16,000 for a freeze all, PGD tested cycle, not including medication.
This was our 5th transfer total, 1st with her, and 1st using PGD tested embryos. We decided to transfer two due to having had 7 embryos fail in the past and being unsure if it was an embryo issue or uterine issue. Both stuck and we welcomed our twins in May 2017.
Edina

She [Dr. Batcheller] is extremely passionate both about the science and the human side of infertility treatments. She never shied away from explaining treatments, options and limits, as well as expressing her recommendations (which might not have been what we would have picked, but turned out for the best)...I was set on the following: vivelle patches, then cetrotide; then gonal F / follistim + menopur; Lupron for the egg retrieval. then day 5 embryo frozen transfer after genetic testing (6 weeks later)
the entire staff [at CCRM] knew my name and were quick to respond to calls (including teary calls due to stress). I also got to know the staff's names too. The doctor allowed calls to explain things again and again, which was so helpful. even the finance team was understanding and friendly...total with medication + clinic + follow ups about USD 23k...very open and caring very supportive (including with boxes of tissues when needed!)
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller is young and the clinic was still fairly new (&lt;1 year at this location). She is extremely passionate both about the science and the human side of infertility treatments. She never shied away from explaining treatments, options and limits, as well as expressing her recommendations (which might not have been what we would have picked, but turned out for the best).
ask ALL your questions. she will answer everything. NO DUMB QUESTION !
the entire staff knew my name and were quick to respond to calls (including teary calls due to stress). I also got to know the staff's names too. The doctor allowed calls to explain things again and again, which was so helpful. even the finance team was understanding and friendly and arrangeing.
Since i was responding well to injectables (from failed IUIs at another clinic), I was set on the following: vivelle patches, then cetrotide; then gonal F / follistim + menopur; Lupron for the egg retrieval. then day 5 embryo frozen transfer after genetic testing (6 weeks later)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
the initial price tag can be overwhelming. we got lucky that my insurance ended up covering pieces of treatments here and there (such as blood work, some ultrasounds etc) so it helped.
total with medication + clinic + follow ups about USD 23k
Dr wouldn't do multiple embryo transfer, as in her mind they carry higher risks (both for transfer and pregnancy, as well as increased risk of multiples) we only had one viable embryo, so we didn't have any decision/ arguments on it.
Edina

Dr. Batcheller and her staff in Edina also have very high standards that can be seen and felt. You can feel her dedication and passion for what she does...Dr. Batcheller was honest and open after it failed (it's difficult when a reason can't be pinpointed) and suggested we do an antihistamine wash next time and said it's not an approach she would have taken the first time. When all said and done We doctored with Dr. Batcheller from Jan. 16 - Dec. 16 with the result of a current pregnancy. We could physically see the growth within the clinic. She and her staff are doing great things! We hands down felt like we had the best care possible. If we should need to do IVF again in the future we will be Seeing Dr. Batcheller...
We started with CCRM Jan '16, six months after they had fist opened. I feel right away there were a few kinks and processes the clinic was still working through, which can be expected. From the time I started going to CCRM the staff has grown as business has noticeably increased. Everyone single person I've interacted with at with the clinic was understanding, compassionate, caring, and genuine. Never having gone through IVF, I felt everyone was there for me, cheering me on along the way. You can see and feel the high standards CCRM and Dr. Batcheller have set...
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Our initial consultation was a lot to digest and process, but she was understanding and willing to answer all of our questions. After our first consultation we knew we were going to be in great hands. CCRM has a great reputation in the industry with very high standards. Dr. Batcheller and her staff in Edina also have very high standards that can be seen and felt. You can feel her dedication and passion for what she does. One thing we did have an issue with was understanding is why we didn't qualify for the asure program. It took a lot of digging and phone calls to understand the reasoning which could have been easily communicated the beginning of our treatment (in our case male factor excluded us from qualifying). We attributed this to the growing pains of a new office and staff. We chose to go straight to IVF because of a morphology issue with my husband. After discussing our issue with becoming pregnant on our own, we were told CCRM Edina clinics' IVF success rate is/was 88% (which is very high). We also chose to do ICIS, genetic screening, acupuncture, and a frozen transfer. So technically our success rate should have been slightly higher than 88%. When our first frozen transfer failed we were devastated and felt almost like we were a little misled in realizing that it can also fail. We almost had a false sense of security that it would work. We felt like there was little discussion about the possibility of it not working. Looking back it was also us being a little naïve as well. Dr. Batcheller was honest and open after it failed (it's difficult when a reason can't be pinpointed) and suggested we do an antihistamine wash next time and said it's not an approach she would have taken the first time. When all said and done We doctored with Dr. Batcheller from Jan. 16 - Dec. 16 with the result of a current pregnancy. We could physically see the growth within the clinic. She and her staff are doing great things! We hands down felt like we had the best care possible. If we should need to do IVF again in the future we will be Seeing Dr. Batcheller.
Take your time with the staff and Dr. batcheller, they are there to answer all question and concerns that you and you partner may have. Know that Dr. Batcheller has your best interest in mind. Going through IVF is difficult emotionally and physically.
IVF is difficult, the staff is always there to answer any questions. They are compassionate and understanding and make you feel like a person not just a number.
We chose to do a frozen IVF cycle (higher success rate). We had our embryo transfer in May '16 and had our 1st frozen transfer in Sep. '16 which resulted in a failure. Our 2nd transfer was Oct. '16 which resulted in a successfully pregnancy. The retrieval was fairly typical medications consisted of doxycycline, estrace, ganirelix, menopur, follistim, dexamethasone, clinics, novarel, and leuprolide. 1st frozen transfer medications: birth control, leuprolide, vivelle, aspirin, endometrin, and progesterone in oil. I also did acupunture day of transfer at clinic 2nd frozen transfer medications: birth control, leuprolide, vivelle, aspirin, endometrin, medrol, doxycycline, progesterone in oil, prednisone, pepcid, and claritin. I also did acupunture for six weeks leading up to transfer including day of transfer and after transfer. Second transfer resulted in a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM has noticeably high standards. My husband and I knew after our first consultation that we were going to receive the best care from Dr. Batcheller and her team. This process can be trying on you and your partner both mentally and physically, but everyone at CCRM is there to help you through the process as well as cheering you on!
26K plus meds and 6k for a 2nd frozen transfer. I was fortunate that my health insurance coverd my IVF.
Dr. Batcheller my husband and I discussed what would be best for us. My husband and I wanted to try for one baby rather than twins. considering our infertility issue sat with my husband we all agreed transferring one embryo would be our best option.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I had one instance where I received information from a newer nurse that was slightly different that my FET chart. With one after hours phone call it was easily sorted out.

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. B [Batcheller] wanted to tailor our medications to our situation. She listened to our story, and was willing to spend whatever time it took to answer all of our questions. She is accessible and relates to patients on equal ground. She offered many suggestions on how she could potentially help target our specific previous failures...She's compassionate, trustworthy, and obviously extremely smart. After our first meeting with her I walked out of the clinic completely trusting her...
This clinic [CCRM - MN] is absolutely amazing. Every staff member, from nurses, to the Dr., the receptionists, the lab techs are so incredibly nice. The other thing that is so refreshing to see is they are so complimentary of each other. Consistently heard at appointments were 'Oh you're seeing Margaret today, she's so awesome, you're in good hands' or 'Dr. B will know what to do she is smart as a whip'. The environment is so incredibly positive.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She's going to give you a lot of information so take notes, and ask as many questions as you need.
Dr. B wanted to tailor our medications to our situation. She listened to our story, and was willing to spend whatever time it took to answer all of our questions. She is accessible and relates to patients on equal ground. She offered many suggestions on how she could potentially help target our specific previous failures.
No bcp priming (too suppressive). We ended up skipping the usual estrogen patches/cetrotide priming because my period came early. Started stims with 150 menopur, 300 gonal f, and she added clomid after my first follicle check. Cetrotide after follicles reached 12mm, and a dual hcg/lupron trigger. I had six mature eggs, three fertilized, two made it to blast (4aa and 4bb) and one (the 4aa) was CCS normal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Compared to the last clinic we were at, this was a night and day difference (in a good way). The nurses after meeting you once remember you and your name when you came back. They were all SO compassionate and caring, always making conversation with us and getting to know us, and always asking multiple times if we had all our questions answered before leaving/hanging up, etc.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
This clinic is absolutely amazing. Every staff member, from nurses, to the Dr., the receptionists, the lab techs are so incredibly nice. The other thing that is so refreshing to see is they are so complimentary of each other. Consistently heard at appointments were 'Oh you're seeing Margaret today, she's so awesome, you're in good hands' or 'Dr. B will know what to do she is smart as a whip'. The environment is so incredibly positive.
18k which included retrieval, CCS testing, and one frozen transfer.
Edina

She did all but 2 of my ultrasounds for 2 retrievals. My first retrieval was good. My 2nd resulted in 0 embryos. She sat with me for an hour to discuss my results and listen to my frustration and even said she was sorry for things I didn't understand, although she did nothing wrong. She's competent, compassionate, science-based, with an incredible bedside manner.
They [the staff at CCRM Minneapolis] get to know you like a human. From the beginning, they talk about when I'm pregnant and how they will help make that happen. Very positive group but also provided so many hugs when things didn't go well. The clinic is new, so the systems are still getting worried out....About $27,000 per retrieval, including meds. $6000 for transfer including meds. I also elected to do embryo chromosome screening which added $5000.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
The clinic is new, so they're still figuring some things out. But take your chances on them - they're worth it. I did find that they're on the more expensive side. However, they specialize in helping older women get pregnant.
Dr. Bachellor is truly a warm, caring and very competent doctor. I saw her nearly every time I went to the clinic. She patiently answered my many, many questions. I never felt rushed by her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Monica and Maria)
Monica and Maria are both very compassionate, responsive, and knowledgeable. At first, the nursing staff went through a good deal of turnover, which concerned me. I even asked Dr. Bachellor about it. Ing the end, she has very high standards and wants her patients to feel 100% supported. She worked hard to find the right team - and it shows.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They get to know you like a human. From the beginning, they talk about when I'm pregnant and how they will help make that happen. Very positive group but also provided so many hugs when things didn't go well. The clinic is new, so the systems are still getting worried out.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I didn't fully understand that embryos are discarded if they can't be frozen/tested. This was my only hiccup along the way - I was surprised to hear they were discarded, but the procedure was sound. I should have asked more questions about that part of the process too.
2016, Unknown Success
I am really pleased with my care [with Dr. Batcheller]. It's a small clinic, and you have to be your own advocate, but I feel like out of all the clinics in town, this is the only one that I even have a chance of getting pregnant with...She talked to me, she was approachable. She reassured me. I felt like I was in good hands. I had zero confidence in my ability to get pregnant, but she was so assured. I trust her...
[CCRM - MN] Strengths -- the overall results. They tend to schedule a lot of early morning appointments and are committed to getting you in and out. Weaknesses, they don't have a lot of overhead, so you can be standing at the front counter for awhile waiting for service. There seems to be confusion between the ultra sound staff and the nurses, at times...
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I am really pleased with my care. It's a small clinic, and you have to be your own advocate, but I feel like out of all the clinics in town, this is the only one that I even have a chance of getting pregnant with.
I am not sure if this is doctor specific, but I always think it's a good idea to have an understanding of your diagnosis, be your own advocate. You know you better than anyone else. Bring up things. Ask questions. They are really strict on things like not drinking caffeine, but they won't let you know unless you ask. So ask questions.
I did two different types of priming. The first did not work so well, so we adjusted. We also adjusted my stim protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
They are good, but the clinic does not have a lot of overhead. Sometimes they give inconsistent answers, but it's over stuff that is likely personal preference. But again, they won't hold your hand too much. You have to get in front of them if you don't know what to do, and then they are more than willing to help you figure out your next step.
it's expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
It was not a big deal. One of my drugs for Stim was not called in, but we caught and got it ordered. I had plenty of time.

2019, Consult
Dr. Salem was kind, real, and thoughtful. He communicated effectively and we never felt talked down to nor did we feel like he was looking as us as numbers or a bank account. He asked us questions and clearly had looked over our information prior to the appointment.... We had a consult with Dr. Salem in January. We chose to keep trying naturally for a few more months. We will now be going back to begin IUI.
It was very easy to get set up and we were able to get in pretty quickly [at CCRM Minneapolis]. The online set up was a little confusing as there were two different emails with conflicting information, but we got it figured out. The new patient info was easy to fill out online. It was long, but I felt that was good as it helped the doctor personalize our care. Everything else was fine, nothing remarkable either good or bad.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask questions. He is very open and approachable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
We went to Dr. Salem after having a negative experience at another clinic. He was wonderful. He sat down with us to discuss our test results, our lifestyle and habits, and our options. He treated us as individuals and ensured that we were a team making a decision rather than a doctor making a decision for us.
Describe the protocols Wael Salem used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
It was very easy to get set up and we were able to get in pretty quickly. The online set up was a little confusing as there were two different emails with conflicting information, but we got it figured out. The new patient info was easy to fill out online. It was long, but I felt that was good as it helped the doctor personalize our care. Everything else was fine, nothing remarkable either good or bad.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.
Our consult was around $200. They only work with one insurance company. but they do send you the detailed bill to send into your insurance for reimbursement if your insurance covers it (ours doesn't).
Wael Salem
Edina

[Dr. Batcheller is] so smart and yet able to explain things in a relatable way. She seems to genuinely care about her patients and remembers details of their stories...She gave me hope and confidence when I was in a vulnerable and scary place...I always felt she cared and knew my story and could even anticipate some of my questions. She was real and down-to-earth yet so caring. I trusted her completely.
[CCRM Minneapolis] is clean and sterile. Not a super personal-feeling vibe but very professional. Typically I never had to wait long to be called back for my appointments. Front-desk staff are polite and to-the-point...Saw my primary nurse at the beginning of our cycle and once in a while after that but not as frequently as I thought I would. Other nurses and the woman who did the follicle monitoring appointments were wonderful!
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
You communicate more with the nurses but when I did see or talk to Dr. B., I always felt she cared and knew my story and could even anticipate some of my questions. She was real and down-to-earth yet so caring. I trusted her completely.
You may not see her in person a lot but when you do you will feel how much she cares about you and helping you have a baby!
She’s so smart and yet able to explain things in a relatable way. She seems to genuinely care about her patients and remembers details of their stories. She’s a little goofy, so knows when to make things light and knows when to get down to business. She gave me hope and confidence when I was in a vulnerable and scary place.
Protocol 5 with CCRM, which I believe is one of their heavy-hitting protocols for DOR. No HGH. One retrieval produced 13 eggs and 5 Day 5 embryos. Two tested PGS-normal.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Clinic is clean and sterile. Not a super personal-feeling vibe but very professional. Typically I never had to wait long to be called back for my appointments. Front-desk staff are polite and to-the-point.
Probably around $20,000 total
Edina

She [Dr. Hayes] was impersonal, lacked compassion, inaccessible, exaggerated success rates, and was inflexible when I wanted to alter my care base on initial outcomes and response to medication. She is the worst doctor I've ever worked with...She wasn't familiar with the different stages of my care. If I ever wanted her imvolved in my care, I had to pay a special fee of over $100... The protocol is not individualized or altered based on your unique response to meds.
Curt and disorganized, but they [nurses] run the show. I was assigned a coordinator,but I only talked with her a few times. I mostly interacted with a random team of nurses - none of whom seemed to like her job. They were so incredibley rude and unhappy....Can't think of one single positive thing associated with this clinic. Working with them was a nightmare and an experience I'll regret for years to come....
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was impersonal, lacked compassion, inaccessible, exaggerated success rates, and was inflexible when I wanted to alter my care base on initial outcomes and response to medication. She is the worst doctor I've ever worked with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't waste your time or money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
Describe the protocols Ellen Hayes used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
CCRM puts you on a standard protocol depending on your labs. The protocol is not individualized or altered based on your unique response to meds.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Curt and disorganized, but they run the show. I was assigned a coordinator,but I only talked with her a few times. I mostly interacted with a random team of nurses - none of whom seemed to like her job. They were so incredibley rude and unhappy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Worst. Experience. Ever. Can't think of one single positive thing associated with this clinic. Working with them was a nightmare and an experience I'll regret for years to come. I think my doctor ended up getting fired or quitting. She was there less than a year.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis.
Slightly more expensive than other MN clinics. Tried to "sell" certain things that once you agreed to them, you weren't allowed to cancel (genetic testing)
Describe Ellen Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM will not do multiple embryo transfers.
Ellen Hayes
Edina

Dr. Batcheller was very warm and I always felt like she really cared about our outcome. She seemed knowledeable with current protocols, she didn't just choose a cookie cutter approach. Before we met with her, we were ready to move onto 3rd party reproduction, but after our consult we decided on one more cycle with her. While we didn't get the outcome we wanted, i.e. a baby, I'd still highly recommend her over any other RE's in MN...A antagonist protocol was used, along with hgh, which resulted in two embryos, one blast and one morula. Unfortunately neither took...Dr. Batcheller really seemed like she cared. I never felt like just a number under her care, which definitely isn't always the case...
The nursing staff was always very friendly and pleasant [at CCRM Minneapolis]...The 2015 pricing for IVF including ICSI was $11,935. Anesthesia was a separate charge of $430...You get a more boutique feel at this clinic, I never felt like just a number there. The only thing that was a little bit of a hassle, was for insurance I had to submit the claim after each visit as their insurance contracts weren't set up yet. Maybe that has been resolved since I've been there however.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
My go to advice for anyone doing IVF is to always be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to question things. Go with your gut.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and pleasant.
Edina

Since I have PCOS, we followed a special regimen to accommodate. She [Dr April Batcheller] was also careful to give me lupron as a trigger to help eliminate the risk of OHSS. She was very knowledgeable about the latest and greatest info and was okay tweaking my schedule when I wasn't responding as anticipated. It felt personalized for my specific concerns/issues.
It's newer, so there isn't much of a reputation at this point. Additionally, it did feel more clinical than another local fertility clinic, but I liked that. Everything was new and state-of-the-art...More expensive than other local options, but I feel it was 100% worth it. Our entire IVF FET cycle ended up costing around $26k (including meds)...She [Dr April Batchellor] was fantastic. Energetic, caring, and really took the time to explain things to me and answer all of my stupid questions. She's an all-around fantastic person and a very talented doctor.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was fantastic. Energetic, caring, and really took the time to explain things to me and answer all of my stupid questions. She's an all-around fantastic person and a very talented doctor.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions- I never felt judged or silly.
The entire clinic was super caring, knew my name, and didn't treat me like a check box. It truly felt like they were invested in my care and wanted success for me as a person.
Since I have PCOS, we followed a special regimen to accommodate. She was also careful to give me lupron as a trigger to help eliminate the risk of OHSS. She was very knowledgeable about the latest and greatest info and was okay tweaking my schedule when I wasn't responding as anticipated. It felt personalized for my specific concerns/issues.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
They were all fantastic. Monica and Maria were the standouts, giving me hugs and support during treatment. They were knowledgeable and compassionate.
Edina

I have only met with Dr. Batcheller a couple of times, most communication is done through the nurses. The times I have met with April, I thought she was very nice and knowledgeable and I felt comfortable moving forward. ... I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff [CCRM], I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that. ... I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
They are a very busy clinic [CCRM], but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them. ... The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations. ... The nurses are great! I think they may be a bit busy because of all the patients the clinic has now, but I think they do a good job of getting back to me when I've left a message.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be your own advocate! The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations.
I am indifferent on this. I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff, I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that.
For IUIs it was letrozol with a very small dose (50) of gonal-f. These were used to help not only grow my follicles, but to attempt to thicken my lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret for IUI, now Jennifer for IVF)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They are a very busy clinic, but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
Approximately $4500 per round of IUI including meds. Have not paid for IVF yet.
Have not discussed this yet.