6.8

Fargo
3000 32nd Ave. S
Fargo, ND 58103

2018, Consult
Dr. Salem was very intelligent. He was compassionate and showed empathy for the experiences we had endured. He also discussed considerations that had not previously been discussed with us by our other doctors, such as cytotoxic c-section scars. He is fairly new to the Twin Cities, but does not lack experience or knowledge.
It's very organized. The clinic [CCRM-Minnesota] is modern and bright. There was a lot of paperwork - mostly completed online. Some of it seemed competitive between my husband and I. The website was a little confusing. I thought I had completed everything, but when I arrived at my appointment, I had missed something.... It was about $200 for the initial appointment. I think the cost for using donor eggs from their egg bank was approximately $20,000.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Even though he's male and new to the Twin Cities, he is knowledgeable and very compassionate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem was very compassionate. I was hesitant to see a male for this topic, but he was very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
I have not had a lot of interaction with the nurses, as I am very new in the process with this clinic. Of the nurses I have interacted with, they've all been very kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
It's very organized. The clinic is modern and bright. There was a lot of paperwork - mostly completed online. Some of it seemed competitive between my husband and I. The website was a little confusing. I thought I had completed everything, but when I arrived at my appointment, I had missed something.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.
Edina

She [Dr. April Barcheller] will make you feel at ease...She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me...She seems very busy...AMH 2.3. AFC=15. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature. Used birth control followed by antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal F with cetrotide. We decided to do ICSI with CCS testing...Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval.
IVF cycle [at CCRM Minneapolis] typically cost 15,000 without insurance...I like that they are open on the weekends. Everyone is very friendly. Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval. They also are not very forthcoming with information during stim checks. Had to specifically ask my estrogen and progesterone numbers. Never let me look at the screen for my ultrasounds. Which kind of annoyed me.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She is very warm and friendly. Have had only one cycle. Hard to say how she will respond to a second round. Like will she change up protocol? She seems very busy. May need to get another doctor on board.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She will make you feel at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me.
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
She seemed a bit harsh at first. I asked her if I could have a placement scan with history of ruptured ectopic and she said no. Later asked the doctor, who was more than willing to ease my anxiety with one.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
we had insurance. We paid CCS testing and money up to deductible and then 20%. IVF cycle typically cost 15,000 without insurance.
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
I believe she prefers single embryo transfer, especially at my age.
Edina
We were going to do a Fresh transfer [with Dr. Batcheller] but my estrogen levels were too high so we ended up having to do frozen. Both times We did transfer resulting in pregnancy...Conservative and realistic. She only recommenced one [embryo] at a time for us and didn’t push 2...She was very knowledgeable, understanding but professional. She gave us the facts and didn’t get our hopes up when not necessary but was loving in her realistic approach. Dr B always made sure we understood next steps.
All [nurses at CCRM Minneapolis] were so supportive, understanding and professional. And still very loving...Around 32,000 for first testing, retrieval, transfer, meds and ob for First pregnancy. 8,000 for 2nd transfer/testing/meds/on...They are busy so get on the schedule asap. They are also super accommodating if you want to move timing of transfer and work with your schedule. All seem to be invested in your success an sensitive to your needs.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Get scheduled now, don’t wait. You won’t regret even just doing a consult to get her opinion.
I was sad to leave/ move on to my OB. The entire staff made our experience so wonderful and supported.
We were going to do a Fresh transfer but my estrogen levels were too high so we ended up having to do frozen. Both times We did transfer resulting in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margret)
All were so supportive, understanding and professional. And still very loving.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Conservative and realistic. She only recommenced one at a time for us and didn’t push 2.
Edina
Very friendly, welcoming and smile in her [Dr. April Batcheller's] face all the time. She is treating like you as her own family never felt uncomfortable. We are glad that we found our happiness and we thank our mighty and second to the Dr Batcheler....We started from first time on the test. Blood test, hyperscopy and semen analysis. Then we begin medication for the cycle. Then egg retrieval and after 5 days the transfer. All that happened inside 6 months starting from the first day we met this clinic.
Weakness I noticed now is when you called them [CCRM-MN] the switchboard is in Colorado Denver. When I talk to them about it they convinced us they never miss the calls as they got transferred. Thats is the only negative. As the overall they are excellent.... The medical cost is between 25k to 35k USD... We felt that we received the best care that we were in our mind. The clinic was in his early stages and they were excelent as a profession and as a human perspective.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Very friendly, welcoming and smile in her face all the time. She is treating like you as her own family never felt uncomfortable. We are glad that we found our happiness and we thank our mighty and second to the Dr Batcheler.
Be patient, plan in advance and be supportive to be each other on the couples.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Monica )
They know what they doing and very comfortable dealng with them.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Weakness I noticed now is when you called them the switchboard is in Colorado Denver. When I talk to them about it they convinced us they never miss the calls as they got transferred. Thats is the only negative. As the overall they are excellent.
The medical cost is between 25k to 35k USD and none to my insurance
I dont have any comment as I dont have any medical backgrounds. I am happy as long as I do have baby smilng on my face.
April Batcheller

My egg retrieval [with Dr. April Batcheller] failed to have any embryos viable for chromosome testing or transfer and she never called me to explain the results... Dr. Batcheller never called to check on me, offer an explanation or talk to me about next steps. I had to call to make a follow up appointment with her. I felt abandoned after the poor retrieval process and didn't feel she cared about me or helping us.
All the nurses at CCRM were great. They also appeared very busy...I remember during the work-up phase she charged for everything. They do not submit to insurance you have to do that yourself...Hours are convenient. Staff seems very knowledgeable...My egg retrieval failed to have any embryos viable for chromosome testing or transfer and she never called me to explain the results.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller seemed very eager to get us started and very optimistic about a successful IVF cycle for us. We had an uneventful stim and had 9 mature eggs at retrieval I was very confident in her Knowledge and experience shared her optimism. However when only 2 fertilized and zero made it to blastocyte she never called me. The embryologist gave me the bad news. Dr. Batcheller never called to check on me, offer an explanation or talk to me about next steps. I had to call to make a follow up appointment with her. I felt abandoned after the poor retrieval process and didn't feel she cared about me or helping us.
She is busy. Her staff is short handed and very busy. This can be a very emotional process with ups downs and confusion. If you are new to IVF treatments you should know you will feel like you are on your own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
All the nurses at CCRM were great. They also appeared very busy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Hours are convenient. Staff seems very knowledgeable.
Edina
She's [Dr. Batcheller] a very warm person and remembered a lot about me. She's easy to joke with and was just really easy to trust...After our first egg retrieval was a dud, she empathized with us adequately and then told us what she'd like to do next but never pressured us. I felt like she struck a great balance between letting us vent and be disappointed, and offering solutions... I wish I would have taken her advice with a dose of skepticism....
I do know that CCRM does not bill insurance. You have to bill your own insurance...Just a few little slip ups with forgetting to call with (non important) lab results....The nursing team is awesome; I especially love Margaret. She's so empathetic and kind...,,,Dr. Batcheller is an overly positive doctor, which I love but also is just something to take into consideration when she gives odds and statistics; she gave us great odds and I wish I would have taken her advice with a dose of skepticism.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
After our first egg retrieval was a dud, she empathized with us adequately and then told us what she'd like to do next but never pressured us. I felt like she struck a great balance between letting us vent and be disappointed, and offering solutions. Our second retrieval went TWICE as great as our first one and we now have 3 embryos ready and waiting!
She's a very warm person and remembered a lot about me. She's easy to joke with and was just really easy to trust.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
No idea...I must have blocked this out. Although I do know that CCRM does not bill insurance. You have to bill your own insurance...
Yes, she only transfers two embryos if they have not undergone genetic testing.
Edina

Yes, CCRM is the most expensive place in town but well worth it. Better to go through less cycles and get it done right the first time....I have seen nearly all doctors in the twin cities. Dr. Batcheller is hands down the best RE. She tried new techniques with me, was extremely kind and supportive, and is very knowledgable and intelligent. I am so thankful for her. And so happy CCRM is in the twin cities!
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't go anywhere else. Don't waste your time. Yes, CCRM is the most expensive place in town but well worth it. Better to go through less cycles and get it done right the first time.
Dr. Batcheller was the first RE to ever take my opinion into account and was willing to tailor the treatment based on my personal experiences.
CCS/PGS on day 5 embryos, ICSI, frequent blood work and monitoring.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Very kind and knowledgable.
Edina

He [Dr. Wael Salem] told me I didn’t have much time and that if I wanted to try on my own I had to do it fast. He did not tell me why he chose the regimen that he picked for me but I knew I couldn’t have a fresh transfer because I needed a surgery to be able to accept a pregnancy...Multiple times I was told during my visits with him that “he dad to get going he had other patients to see”. In emails to the nurses asking for advise I was told that they talked to him and he said he already discussed that with me.
felt as though I was a number to them [nurses at CCRM Minneapolis]. When is call it would take them hours to days to get back to me. Same with emails...[monitoring] Times were not convenient with my work times...I had to pay up front and when things failed it took a long time to get my money back...It feels like a cold and sterile place. The was no warmth or compassion there...The one strength was the OR staff. They were k credibly kind and compassionate during such an emotional and scary time.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Going through this I expected to be able to talk with him if questions arose. I had to pay for another visit if I wanted that. I got charged for phone calls as well. I felt that all they wanted was my money and that I was just another number to them.
Find someone else. Anyone else.
Describe the protocols Wael Salem used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
He told me I didn’t have much time and that if I wanted to try on my own I had to do it fast. He did not tell me why he chose the regimen that he picked for me but I knew I couldn’t have a fresh transfer because I needed a surgery to be able to accept a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
I again felt as though I was a number to them. When is call it would take them hours to days to get back to me. Same with emails.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic just wants your money. It feels like a cold and sterile place. The was no warmth or compassion there. I had to pay in advance. When I had no eggs to test or freeze it fools weeks and many calls to get my money back. The one strength was the OR staff. They were k credibly kind and compassionate during such an emotional and scary time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Minneapolis.
Times were not convenient with my work times.
Describe Wael Salem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
I had to embryos to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
During the time I was getting labs daily the correct labs were not ordered. If I didn’t know better I would have left and had to come back. Instead I had to get poked twice that day.
Edina

First impression [of Dr. Batcheller is that] she seemed super nice, friendly, and relatable. But then she proceeded to treat us as a number and statistic rather than as people trying to expand their family. She explicitly told us that her top priority was her clinic's success rates...It took multiple phone calls to convince her that we were not willing to transfer more than one embryo due to the risks. Finally she agreed and we did one eSET.
you can't even call the Minnesota location [of CCRM] directly. You get routed to a call center in Colorado, who then leaves a message for someone from MN to call you back. And they rarely do...[nurses are] Horribly unorganized. Also very difficult to get a hold of and get a response from...It was terrible from start to finish. With every interaction, my experience just got worse and worse...Our one cycle was mostly covered by insurance, so the cost seemed reasonable.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was very shady. First impression she seemed super nice, friendly, and relatable. But then she proceeded to treat us as a number and statistic rather than as people trying to expand their family. She explicitly told us that her top priority was her clinic's success rates.
Don't go near her
She explicitly told us that her top concern and top priority are her clinic's success rates.
I did an FET, and she had me on birth control pills, then lupron. Then doxycycline, then estrogen and Progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Terrible. First of all, you can't even call the Minnesota location directly. You get routed to a call center in Colorado, who then leaves a message for someone from MN to call you back. And they rarely do.
Our one cycle was mostly covered by insurance, so the cost seemed reasonable.
She was very high pressure and told us we could not do a SET since we were using embryos from another clinic and she couldn't verify their quality, so she told us we had to transfer 2. Though she clearly had the quality grading and all of the information from the previous clinic and could obviously have done more research on them. It took multiple phone calls to convince her that we were not willing to transfer more than one embryo due to the risks. Finally she agreed and we did one eSET.
Edina

Dr. B is compassionate and kind. I felt like she cared about me as a person and a patient. ... You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns. ... Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. ... Clomid and trigger shot for an IUI. Gearing up to do a round of IVF with menopur, cetrotide, and follistim.
Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They [CCRM Minneapolis] need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United ... Billing issues with the business office. Conflicting information from the nurses. ... The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you. ... Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses. ... $20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. B is amazing. You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns.
Make sure to confirm with the nurse what you heard from Dr. B. Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strength: Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. She is kind and compassionate. Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United
$20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
She’s [Dr. April Batcheller] an excellent communicator with a caring bedside manner. She is also good at boosting your confidence during setbacks and helps build trust by being direct and honest throughout the process. If you provide direct feedback, she will respond judiciously to address concerns.... Dr. Batcheller is an excellent communicator and will provide direct feedback and information on treatment plans, based on individual test results and past treatments.
Overall I experienced a high level of care. The clinic [CCRM Minneapolis-Edina] is professional, extremely clean and organized, and staff are friendly, patient, and kind. As with any healthcare, be your own advocate and track your care closely.... Overall they [the nurses] do their best, and some are better than others. Be your own advocate, ask questions and track your care closely. They have heavy patient loads and mistakes are occasionally made.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She’s an excellent communicator with a caring bedside manner. She is also good at boosting your confidence during setbacks and helps build trust by being direct and honest throughout the process. If you provide direct feedback, she will respond judiciously to address concerns.
Build a positive relationship early. You are going on a long journey together.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Overall they do their best, and some are better than others. Be your own advocate, ask questions and track your care closely. They have heavy patient loads and mistakes are occasionally made.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Overall I experienced a high level of care. The clinic is professional, extremely clean and organized, and staff are friendly, patient, and kind. As with any healthcare, be your own advocate and track your care closely.
Edina

Wael has a way of speaking to me with empathy and not sympathy. He took the time to not just ask us about our struggles with infertility but also for our plans. ...I would prefer to have a female doctor through my experience for more compassion. But he took the time to get to know me and my partner on a personal level as well as being blunt about some situations which i appreciated in the end.
Clinic [CCRM Mpls] strength will be easy access as well as the amazing online portal that they have set for patients. As well as the parking being at a no cost for patients....The nursing staff greets everyone with a warm smile and even take the time to leave out goodies for patients like coffee and cookies. Weakness would be the waiting time, you're appointment can be at 10:00am and you wont be seen until 10-15min after that
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
As a new patient, I saw Wael and thought I would prefer to have a female doctor through my experience for more compassion. But he took the time to get to know me and my partner on a personal level as well as being blunt about some situations which i appreciated in the end. He always greeted us and learned our names quickly to build that trust. His way of speaking would have us focused on our goal but also distract us from now stressing too much as we get there.
One advice is ASK QUESTIONS. He is open to many questions so don't be shy
Wael has a way of speaking to me with empathy and not sympathy. He took the time to not just ask us about our struggles with infertility but also for our plans. And he did try to explain that one way or another, blood related or not, a baby in our home will always see us as Family because we would be raising her/him
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Clinic strength will be easy access as well as the amazing online portal that they have set for patients. As well as the parking being at a no cost for patients. Many places charge for parking and it's ridiculous. Weakness, nothing. Honestly
205 consultation fees, not sure what else.
We are not that far in
Edina

Dr.Batcheller is very kind and compassionate. She really listened to our story/journey, and our thoughts and wants for treatments. She advised IVF, but we said we aren’t comfortable with that, she didn’t push it. She is working with us, with what we’re comfortable with.... We will have one when we meet with Dr. Batcheller next week for our regroup. We have only done bloodwork and hsg testing.
As of now everyone at CCRM has been very kind and helpful. My primary nurse, Margaret, has been wonderful and very helpful!... As with any fertility clinic, it can take a little bit of time to get your first consultation appointment. It is nice having an online patient portal. There is quite a bit of paper/online work/questions to fill out. I am always early for my appointments, but they always seem to call me back late.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr.Batcheller is very kind and compassionate. She really listened to our story/journey, and our thoughts and wants for treatments. She advised IVF, but we said we aren’t comfortable with that, she didn’t push it. She is working with us, with what we’re comfortable with. I feel as though we are in great hands. And very hopeful she will help us to grow our family!
Give Dr. Batcheller a chance, you won’t regret it!
I felt as though she really listened to our thoughts and feelings. She is very kind.
We have not come up with an exact plan yet. We will have one when we meet with Dr. Batcheller next week for our regroup. We have only done bloodwork and hsg testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret Sundheim)
I am not sure yet.
Edina

If you want to see your doctor every time you come into the clinic, this might not be the best place - the communication with Dr. Batcheller was absolutely positive, informative and she seems to care a lot.... April Batcheller seemed to want to make sure that every bit of information was understood by my partner and me. Also, she was very helpful in alleviating worries wherever possible.
The protocols are very personalized, and the staff [at CCRM Minneapolis] is very caring and eager to be friendly on a personal level. On the downside, communication was sometimes lacking between departments. We occasionally received misinformation from the staff which was soon clarified by Dr. Batcheller... Our assigned nurse gave us the wrong information about what the AMH levels entail, which caused unnecessary stress. Also, due to miscommunication the first sperm sample was not frozen down.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Prepare questions before your appointments!
Luteal Oral/Extended Clomid (Protocol 5 with extended Clomid/Freeze-all only)
Very caring and approachable
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The protocols are very personalized, and the staff is very caring and eager to be friendly on a personal level. On the downside, communication was sometimes lacking between departments. We occasionally received misinformation from the staff which was soon clarified by Dr. Batcheller
15000 Dollars (Tests, Medication)

2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. April Batcheller] was a wonderful doctor and made this stressful experience more comfortable. That's why we are going to do IVF again now with her this spring. She was very thoughtful and explained things well to us. I am very grateful for her help... We did egg retrieval with genetic testing and an egg transfer... Great clinic [CCRM Minneapolis- Edina] ...just wish I lived closer. I had to drive about 45 minutes each way multiple times a week for appointments. That's not the clinics fault in the least and the staff worked their best to make the times convenient for me
Great clinic [CCRM Minneapolis- Edina] ...just wish I lived closer. I had to drive about 45 minutes each way multiple times a week for appointments. That's not the clinics fault in the least and the staff worked their best to make the times convenient for me... She [Dr. April Batcheller] was a wonderful doctor and made this stressful experience more comfortable. That's why we are going to do IVF again now with her this spring. She was very thoughtful and explained things well to us
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was a wonderful doctor and made this stressful experience more comfortable. That's why we are going to do IVF again now with her this spring. She was very thoughtful and explained things well to us. I am very grateful for her help
Be amazed
She was wonderful and very friendly
We did egg retrieval with genetic testing and an egg transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
Everyone at the clinic was amazing
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Great clinic...just wish I lived closer. I had to drive about 45 minutes each way multiple times a week for appointments. That's not the clinics fault in the least and the staff worked their best to make the times convenient for me
It was expensive but we got a beautiful baby out of it so well worth it